Speaker 1: Good morning, Good morning, good morning, and welcome, welcome walk. I mean it's time now for our community connection right here on Kay one, the one you trust. We have our friends in from SunFest today. We have a tree stump and at Tina Knight in here and it is great. It's like a like a family reunion, so to speak.
Speaker 2: How's everybody doing.
Speaker 3: How you doing, Misterine, I'm doing fantastic. Getting excited. We're almost there. Some fest is coming, Trey.
Speaker 2: I know you get just a little bit excited about this.
Speaker 4: I do. Yeah, Man, to be honest with you, I can't believe it's already that time again. It just seems like it's one year after the other. Here we are again.
Speaker 5: It's really flown by.
Speaker 4: Yeah, less than a year, right, well.
Speaker 5: It takes all year for us to prep for.
Speaker 4: You pretty much. Yeah, three days last.
Speaker 1: Year, you know, Trey, I was talking to Tina about this and Tina probably got this right off the top of our head. But last year our marketplace just went ka boom. It was probably one of the more talked about marketplaces we've had over the years.
Speaker 3: Yes, well, it was very exciting and Robin and I love doing this. This is probably one of the fun things that we do all year long is prep for this marketplace. And we said we wanted to grow a little bigger and we did, and I'm telling you.
Speaker 5: It really filled that whole area up.
Speaker 3: We actually took over some other areas and this year we're taking over a few more areas.
Speaker 2: Good thing we got played in real estate out there.
Speaker 5: The look on Charles's face was interesting when I said I need more land.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, you know the land rush was on.
Speaker 5: That's right.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: This is great because we had a lot of people who decided to come out for some beautiful weather, some beautiful sunshiny weather, great music, and great arts and crafts, and the quality sold itself.
Speaker 3: It really did. Maria Guess provided some information for us. She got that tracktor thing, yes, and it's fabulous. We saw over thirty thousand people over the three day period. Is that not just amazing? I was like blown away by the numbers. And thank you Maria for sharing that information with us, because it really does help. So, yeah, over thirty thousand people over the three day period.
Speaker 1: That's pretty darn good, now, Trey. We saw a lot of people not only doing a little shopping.
Speaker 2: They did a lot of shopping.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, but they were hanging around the food trucks and they were hanging around the main stage because it was first based on music being a music festival. Now that stage, I got to tell you, that's rather iconic. How long has that been around?
Speaker 4: So man, the main stage itself, you know, I was just thinking about this morning. I know it's been and it's that location in the pro the pavilion there since the mid nineties. But as far as music is concerned, I believe they've been having some kind of music since it's started. Night two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well this is great.
Speaker 1: And you know, people I shared some pictures of my band, the Sons of Beaches sun Is in the Sky Beaches by the seas. I only be thinking that, you know, we're doing something silly here. But anyway, they said, wow, is that your stage? I said, no, it's not our. That SunFest. They were our hosts and Bike Gully. They got a great stage and Donnie Wood is one of the guys that takes care of our sound as well as you and a few others.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's gonna be a few others that will do our this year, and so we're excited about that. This year Our sound company is Braiden Frederick with Unity Productions.
Speaker 1: Okay, I know Biden well. I I'll be working with him out it the University.
Speaker 4: Here next week for very nice Guy.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: But the stage itself is awesome. You think that you're you're playing one of the big shows out there at the big stadiums when you get on there, and if you're a person who's sitting out there in the audience, there's plenty of seating, plenty of room for the kids to run around and play dance if you want to. And that's one thing I like about Sooner Park in the setting for SunFest. There's plenty of space. There could be a big crowd out there, but you're going to get claustrophobic.
Speaker 5: No, no, not at all.
Speaker 3: There's plenty of room out there for people to come out with their chairs and get a little food and listen to the music.
Speaker 5: It's just beautiful. Absolutely.
Speaker 4: Car show this year, yes there is.
Speaker 3: There's gonna be a car show. We just saw the artwork and it's gorgeous. I'm really looking forward to this year's car show.
Speaker 1: My goodness sake, it's growing, So Trey, how much does it cost for me to buy a ticket.
Speaker 4: Uh, the admission is free today.
Speaker 2: My favorite Pride.
Speaker 3: That's right, free admission just so we can talk about Hometown Heroes. That is this year's theme. Wow, at Hometown Heroes, we're gonna, you know, shout out to our firemen, policemen, doctors, nurses, our military and say thank you for all that they do for our community.
Speaker 1: You just made my choice of guitars for the show by telling me the theme nineteen guitars to use. I'm using the red, white and bluid.
Speaker 3: Awesome. Awesome, that's perfect. Yeah, that's wonderful. Yeah. I guess this is one of those ideas that been kicked around for a while. This is only my third year participating as a volunteer, and but I guess they've been wanting to do this for a while now, this hometown theme and our hero I'm sorry, hometown Europe as a theme, and I'm loving the artwork that's coming out, and it's just I mean, all the way around, you know, this is this is SunFest way getting back to the community, and you know, everybody that participates, we're all volunteers. You know, It's just something that I guess, raising my kids here in Barbersville, you know, is what you know made me love you know, everything about this community and just being able to get back is a wonderful thing to do. And the looks on kids's face when you see them and they show up and I've seen them, watch the movies. I've seen them and watch them bands played, kid Fest, youth Fest, low Fest, which.
Speaker 4: That's back too.
Speaker 5: It is back.
Speaker 3: And I know it's you know, them just getting all that color all over them.
Speaker 5: But it's such a fun thing. They love it.
Speaker 3: They just there dancing out there, They're they're getting that paint all over there and they're having a blast doing it.
Speaker 5: It's all about oh yeah, it's all about having fun.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: The kid Fast part is just as important as the fest itself because this is where the little people feel like they're included.
Speaker 5: Exactly.
Speaker 4: That's right, exactly.
Speaker 3: You know, a lot a lot of center around the youth in our community.
Speaker 1: Now when we talk about our our SunFest here, it's easy to get excited for it because it's the kickoff of summer, right.
Speaker 2: Right, yes, it is, it has been for years.
Speaker 4: Absolute. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, now I understand we've got some.
Speaker 3: Sponsors, all right, we do we do want to our platinum sponsors this year is ds R and Conicco Phillips. Thank you, and we just want to say a big thank you to them for being on our platinum sponsors this year.
Speaker 4: They do a lot for us.
Speaker 5: We so appreciate them.
Speaker 2: Trey. Who's the people who put the motor home for us?
Speaker 4: That is Bell Camper Sales, and Man, they do a fantastic job, those guys. If you've never been there, go check out some of their campers. I am just amazed every time I walk into the even the entertainment trailer of how nice it is in there.
Speaker 2: We get spoiled, Tina.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you. They put out this thing. It's like a big motor coach, and once you go in, it's not a motor coach. It's somebody's home.
Speaker 5: You don't want that. Yeah, go out there.
Speaker 3: He's Smoky Malasky. I know he's out there. Yeah, it's a wonderful place. And then you know we have camping out there too, You bet you do.
Speaker 2: It's the one of the few times of the year you can really camp in the park. Yeah, get away with it.
Speaker 5: Absolutely right.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm not at the park, but they do. They bring in those motor homes. That motor home, and I hear it's I have been in it. I need to go and check it out.
Speaker 1: You do, Now, how do we get a hold of you for like a vendor or someone who knows a vendor who'd like to perhaps be seen by thirty thousand eyes with money?
Speaker 6: I know?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 3: Our website is Barnisville SunFest dot org. Or you can go on Facebook and just go to Barnsville SunFest and we have all our information there. Applications are there for volunteers for if you want to be a vendor, a food vendor. Entertainment is also there, right, Yeah, all the applications are on there as well, so that if you want to participate in some way or form, that's where you would go to our website again, that's Barsville SunFest dot org.
Speaker 2: Do you still have any slots open for entertainers? Pretty quick? Up?
Speaker 4: This year? It's it just seemed to take up go really quick. Yeah, it was, I'm like.
Speaker 5: Here, we opened that application up.
Speaker 3: Of course, we always invite our marketplace people that participated back first, and then we opened it up to everybody else. I thought we were going to have to shut it down in the first week that popular that it was, it was so inundated, it just really spun Robin and I.
Speaker 5: It was like, wow, this is like taking awe.
Speaker 1: Now this is something that I heard. Guys, you can verify this or tell me I'm just pull of baloney. But of the people who set up shop there immediately after, they were asking if they could put up a second or a third tap tube.
Speaker 5: Correct, some of them were. Some were asking if they could have more this year.
Speaker 3: Though, when the applications came in, people who were just like one did multiples.
Speaker 5: So it tells us that, you know, it was very successful for them.
Speaker 3: And that's what I love to hear is when a vendor can tell us that they were successful and they had a great time and they enjoyed the event. Robin and I walk around, try to talk to all our vendors, make sure they're comfortable, and be there for them.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 2: One of the things that I like about it is that nobody gets tired of Sooner Park. Now, Trey, you've been trapesing through there since your kid.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, and there's plenty of things for the children to do with the playground equipment a lot.
Speaker 2: They got two little sets of plays, so if you get tired of.
Speaker 1: One that you can go over to the other. But there are all kinds of different things for kids to do. Is we talked about kid Fast, We got glow Fast.
Speaker 2: We have a movie coming up, don't we We do we did do so.
Speaker 3: This year movie is going to be kindergarten Cops and Incredible Too, Incredibles Too. Trying to stay with that theme of our hometown heroes.
Speaker 2: I like that. I like that, and that's going to be at the band show.
Speaker 4: Yes, and thank you to True the Credit Union for sponsoring both Knights of that they have been They're they're a great business to work with in our community, so we really like them.
Speaker 1: Well, my goodness sake, this is great and it's a it's a lot of fun, and folks, if you have fun out there. I thank the people who are digging in the pockets to make this all happen. It doesn't hurt to visit them in person. It doesn't hurt to drop them an email to say thanks.
Speaker 3: Even our nonprofits, they come out with some really amazing things for the kids to do when they.
Speaker 5: Walk back pastor biz.
Speaker 3: I really love face painting and water games for them to play.
Speaker 5: It's a lot of fun for the kids.
Speaker 2: I understand. Okay, it's going to have a little thing out there too.
Speaker 4: They are yes on Saturday evening, May thirty, first at the band sell at seven o'clock, bring the kids out, okay, and music is going to present the Native American hoop dancers as far as their kids week for Okay, wow, hot diggity yeah in the movie free movie right after that. So you can't beat it.
Speaker 2: You can't beat that. No oh snacks to go around.
Speaker 1: Man, Just remember folks, because you know, I'm a person who has to kind of watch with you know, it's countering neutral because if you consume food, you've got plenty of time and place and space.
Speaker 2: To walk around and burn it all.
Speaker 5: That's it. That's it.
Speaker 7: You free weekend, maybe absolutely walk around, enjoy, do a little shopping, talk to all the the nonprofits and just you know, enjoy.
Speaker 5: Listen to the music, and no matter where you are in the park, you're going to hear the music. That's true, you know really.
Speaker 3: Because even where we are in the marketplace, I can hear the band show from you know where I am, so I still get to hear it.
Speaker 1: I just don't get you know, we're going to turn it up extra out of twelve thirty on Saturday, so you can listen to the suns.
Speaker 5: Of Beaches awesome. Yes, I love it.
Speaker 1: It's gonna it's gonna be Yeah, it's going to be off the chain. It's gonna be a lot of fun.
Speaker 5: You were just saying something about your band.
Speaker 1: We were birthed on stage, yes, because I originally signed up to be a solo artist, and then I asked, said, can I bring a fellow along to a company? He said yeah, I said, Trey, Suddenly we're a band now. He said, well, how many?
Speaker 2: Just three?
Speaker 1: He said, we can fit three people on stage, no problem, and they could. They can actually probably fit thirty three at stage. And my best one of my best friends, Joseph Glaud is a just a world class recording artist, and he put it all together.
Speaker 2: And we didn't meet our drummer until the day of the show. Wow, and we went on.
Speaker 1: We were a little shaky. We went on and we did pretty good, good enough to be back. And now we're having our birthday, which is going to be first on stage twelve thirty at Sunfast, and we've added an extra member of our band a young lady named Alice. She's from the Ukraine and she plays a variety of different instruments.
Speaker 2: And I was telling you guys.
Speaker 1: Earlier she sings like she's from California. She plays an instrument like she's just wailing it from New Orleans. But when she talks, right off the bus and right off the boat. But she is incredible. She's bringing a lot of influences from Europe into your music, and she integrates it with the Tulsa sound.
Speaker 2: She felt this.
Speaker 1: This is the reason she came to our area is because she fell in love with the Tulsa sound. So anyway, we've got all kinds of entertainers.
Speaker 2: Coming from all over the place. Some of the other tell us the folks who are better than usaid are going to be playing.
Speaker 4: Oh man, well see this is I feel like we have a very dynamic group of the group of entertainers coming to our festival. Them all over, they really do. And this year they are kicking us off on Friday, May thirtieth on mainstage. Robbie Bell from Independence, Kansas, who does love rob She's really cool if you like Jennis Joplin. I think she plays some of the black Crows and uh CCR.
Speaker 1: Now, I'll tell you a little bit about Robbie because Robbie and I and her husband are Fred. He's a doctor and he just has fun because he does her sound. But anyway, she was with the band called.
Speaker 4: The Predators Okay, that's okay.
Speaker 1: Back in the nineties, man, And then she taught herself how to play guitar. And she's always been singing since she was a little baby. So now she's put it all together and she's a dynamic solover warmer. She can she can just put the light.
Speaker 4: Looking forward to I am looking forward to hearing her too. And then Steve Sutherland and the Red budd Band, it's always did a great job. They're coming back, and uh the headliner for Friday Night is new artists to us from the Oklahoma City area. Her name is Tory Ray. Okay, country rocked well really, I will say that was recommended to us by some people that we knew, and uh so that got put in front of me over the off season last year and I come to the group, I'm like, hey, she's really good, like as a great band backing her up. They play some rock, they play some country, so that's gonna be together.
Speaker 2: She got the ingredients, she probably will be a big time star.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's get this is I'm excited about this. And then of course that's not it. Saturday. We have a full lineup too. Probably one of our biggest requests year after year is is there going to be a still drum band. The answer is yes, we are bringing in a still drum band on Saturday May thirty, first eleven am. That's going to be the barrel Fish Community Still Band from the Tulsa Lasso area and also features Steve Kraft, who is our percussion teacher here at bartwow High School. So very cool stuff there. And of course after that, it's you guys, Tom Davis and the Sons of Beaches, and then Prairie Smoke, three guys from here in Bartlesville play at Lollipop's Pizza and they've played it around. Then Pearl Grayson Company, the Williamson Family Bluegrass the Unfortunately they moved from Bartlesville to Harrow, Oklahoma, but they're coming back, so we're excited about that. Then you have Terry Milton and Let it Ride the Singing Sheriff. And then rounding out the evening is uh the Hydramatics from Tulsa and Paul Benjamin band Wow So at eight o'clock as their headliner. So thank you good Tulsa. Stayful there so my goodness, you know what to let it ride.
Speaker 1: Terry's band, we have been sure if Owen who plays in that band, he plays anything with a string on.
Speaker 2: It, wow fiddle, he plays the steel, plays the guitar. I started playing the band job but imagine.
Speaker 4: I haven't either.
Speaker 2: But everybody I meet, I said, I bet you my sheriff can out sing years.
Speaker 4: It's a fun, dynamic band, for sure. I like the nineties country.
Speaker 1: It's yeah, that's good that it's almost if you wanted to if you're not too sure what nineties country sounds like. Our sister station one O four point nine real country k rig across the hall. Pop it on the dial on the ol FM band and.
Speaker 2: You will get your fixed. There's George Strait at least once.
Speaker 4: Every hour over.
Speaker 2: There we go.
Speaker 1: They bring that to genre of music just to crystal picture perfect life and my goodness, this is going to be a great time. And don't forget to bring your shop in bags.
Speaker 5: That's right, bring your shopping bags.
Speaker 2: We have we have hungry, thirsty.
Speaker 4: Yes, sir.
Speaker 3: We did a jury show this year again to make sure that we're bringing you crafters and artisans, and we have a beautiful lineup of just amazing artwork, crafts, artisans, everything from leather, pottery.
Speaker 1: You name it.
Speaker 2: This is going to be something else. It really is. And some of these people actually do some of their crafting while you're.
Speaker 6: Watching exactly like well alone on that looks like we have to make them, yes, and they're happy to do that in front of you too.
Speaker 1: In fact, that's kind of brings them some joy. Yes, So this is really gonna be a good time. May thirty first, in.
Speaker 4: June first, Uh yeah, Friday, So well, it's gonna be Friday, May thirtieth through Sunday, June first.
Speaker 2: I hate it when we had the months left and crazy.
Speaker 4: The hours on that is Friday May thirtieth three pm to ten pm, Saturday May thirty first, ten am to ten pm, and then Sunday, June first.
Speaker 2: We have church service Sunday m to I want to ask you that.
Speaker 4: We are yes. Church this year is being done again by Bartlesville Southern Baptist Church and they're inviting some of the local Baptist churches together. That will start us off on Sunday, June first round ten thirty am in the park. And then we also have Bartlesville First Church in the Nazarene coming and then we're rounding out the entertainment on Sunday at two forty five with no other than Chase Wilson and Jason Wilson as a gospel duo.
Speaker 2: There, goodness sake, this is it's going to be. How do we fit it all in one park?
Speaker 4: We have space. I love our park. It's it's awesome, it really is.
Speaker 5: And we go out there and we measure and it's like, I want this entire section here place. Thank you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we do this every year my family ever since we've been here. We've just been blown away by it. And we were convinced that the little town of Bartleville over punches its weight, kind of like that little boxer that takes on the big boxer and wins. And it shows a lot about the character of our community. Also also a lot of it says a lot about the whole region of northeast Oklahoma in southeast Kansas.
Speaker 2: When you come here and you know what, there's no trouble no alcohol. I like that.
Speaker 4: That's right, you're right about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we don't have trouble as they say, that's.
Speaker 5: Right, we don't have those things.
Speaker 1: One thing I like about it too, is people have a tendency to pick up after themselves.
Speaker 2: So it's really clear, Yeah it is.
Speaker 4: We want to thank the boy Scout Troop too for really helping us out. They put the main stage up, they go around taking trash, They do a lot of things.
Speaker 5: They really do.
Speaker 3: They pitch in a lot, they help some of our vendors bring in their stock. They just aid in all different areas in that park, helping everyone to make this a very successful and so we can't thank them enough for the job that they do.
Speaker 1: And they save this old man heini, because I was lugging lots of amplifiers and guitars and stuff like that up the stage.
Speaker 4: Trade goes wait a second, we got help on the way.
Speaker 3: And exact same thing when the marketplace. If we had someone come in and was elderly, you know, we could just radio and one of them would come running and they would help them load everything in and at the end they.
Speaker 5: Helped them load it back out again.
Speaker 2: Too.
Speaker 5: It was really wonderful to see.
Speaker 4: We had that park cleared in about two hours last year. It really was because everyone else. There's a helping hand everywhere.
Speaker 3: Even some of the vendors were just helping each other. I have seen that pack pack up and get them into their vehicles and stuff. I mean, really, the community comes together on both sides of this. They come in and help, they help load out. It's it's just wonderful.
Speaker 1: One improvement of the park. We've got paved parking spots.
Speaker 4: That's right. I've noticed that it's gonna be a game changer for us.
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 4: I like how they.
Speaker 1: Those gravel roads were getting kind of tough on it was, especially with strollers.
Speaker 5: With their new pickleball court, it kind of took away our parking area. That's great. I love the pickleball.
Speaker 2: Right there by the Gulf.
Speaker 4: Yeah, mini golf, tennis courts area all that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they have pickleball courts there. Now.
Speaker 4: I was actually their last Tuesday, playing some with a church group of mine.
Speaker 2: So now, do we still have that parking lot off of Tuxedo.
Speaker 4: Yes, we do in the field there, Yeah, right behind center Junior. That's probably if you're going to the main stage that's probably the best way to park because you can save a lot of walking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure, you'll just take what you call quality steps.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I want to thank you both for being here today.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Thank you Tom. Thanks for listening to one on one with a professional, A paid presentation at fourteen hundred K one