Speaker 1: In a world of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act. It's the David Knight Show.
Speaker 2: As the clock strikes thirteen, It's Friday, the thirteenth of February. You're of our Lord, twenty twenty six. Well, today we're going to take a look since we didn't have the show yesterday about Pam Bondy's hearing on Wednesday, the Trump regime has hit a new low. We're also going to talk about Mike Johnson. He wants to redefine what a day is for the next six months for legal purposes. One of the most absurd insults to our intelligence and the constitution I have seen. I mean, we're not talking about daylight savings time. He wants to pretend that these days don't even exist. Then we're going to take a look at this strange story out of El Paso, a new laser weapon the Pentagon is testing, but also talk about being wielded against cartel drones or UFOs or party balloons, which one of those you think it is multiple choices. But we're going to also take a look at the aiessay that I talked about the other day. A very impressive essay, is it true. A lot of people are saying it's hype advertising, and maybe it's real. We'll be right back. Well, yesterday we had an issue with my device here that I put all the articles on as we've gone paperless, and the problem is is that it was centralized control. Whenever you put everything together centrally controlled and it goes out, then you have a big problem. So it took us quite a while to get a work around. And now I've got a second one so that this isn't going to happen again. Hopefully. I guess the meantime between failure, it's like a radar ray. If you've got one disk drive five years. If you've got two of them in the mirroring mode, you can get many decades, perhaps even longer than that. So hopefully that'll happen this time. But I wanted to really talk about Pam Bondi, and we weren't able to do that yesterday, So they want to talk a little bit about this. It was one of the most ridiculous things, but not unexpected. What was unexpected was the extent of the absurdity and the extent of her temper tantrums that were there. And I said it on Wednesday, before it over happened, I said, well, she going to be testifying today. It'll be another one of these deals where she shows up with a wrap sheet on everybody in hurls insults at them instead of answering the questions. That's the way she dodges the questions whenever she does it. And so she agreed as part of the questions. There was only one point of agreement that I could really see. Agreed that Maxwell claim Maxwell did not deserve special treatment. However, she at the same time said she knew nothing about it, wasn't anything that belonged to her, that it was just a coincidence that the Deputy Attorney General Todd Blanche who was Trump's personal lawyer, just a coincidence that he went to her jail cell and interviewed her for a very long time. And then afterwards she gets the special treatment had nothing to do with any quid pro quo. And yet at the same time we see her lawyer saying that she's willing to testify that Donald Trump didn't know them at all, basically and never committed a crime as long as she gets a pardon. I mean, they're openly putting this out, Well, anybody will that do Trump any good? No, it's nobody's gonna believe that. Everybody understands it's a quid pro quo that's happening here. So we all know this. We've saw this happen with Todd Blanche, but she pretends it didn't happen. She's transferred to a Texas minimum security prison, of course, and now they're floating a pardon for her if she says that Trump is exonerated. This is one of the club fed print in Texas. For example, she gets all kinds of special privileges, puppy, a puppy tie. I don't know what a puppy tie is. I don't know if she's got a puppy. Anyway, she does have private workouts.
Speaker 3: I had heard she was given a puppy. Yeah, I heard that a while ago.
Speaker 2: It's like Washington, d C. They say, if you want a friend, get a dog. Well, I guess federal prisons are like that as well. Anyway, private workout area, she has secretarial services. I don't even have that. And personal mail, how about that? And so she was asked in questioning and said Attorney General BONDI does a convicted sex offender like Glenne Maxwell, deserves special treatment and privileges in a prison. Yes or no, Well, of course you're not going to get a yes or no answer from Bondi. She's going to answer it the way she wants to answer it. She said she wasn't transferred to a lower security facility. First of all, that's a lie, one of many. And then she said she didn't know anything about her being transferred to the lower security facility. So first of all, it's not a lower security facility according to her. You know, that's it's pretty standard in all the prisons that you get puppies and secretaries in private workout areas, Right, isn't that right?
Speaker 3: Standard issue prison puppy.
Speaker 2: That's right. Yeah, it's a I guess what kind of a puppy do you get in prison. It's not a Rottweiler or something, right, It's not gonna be a guard dog of some sort. And that's what I mean. This is such an insult to our intelligence. The lies that Pam Bondi told, the lies of Trumpet, and she is the mere image of trump. You know, this regime is rotting from the head down. You look at people like cash Mattel and Pam Bondi, and it's like, what is the matter with them? Well, they're just mimicking the guy they work for. Anyway, she said, I said, I do not agree she should receive special treatment. She was transferred. I learned that after the fact to the same level facility. Lie And that is a question for the Bureau of Prisons. Well a Bureau of Prisons. It wasn't the Deputy Secretary of the Bureau of Prisons that got her transferred. It was the Deputy Attorney General that got her transferred. So it turned into a brawl.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was just looking up what kind of permissions. She's got a special cordoned off area for visitors as well as snacks and refreshments for a guest, permission to go to the exercise area after hours. There's a whole article about it here, as well as the puppy of course.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, yeah, but according to Fan Bondi, it's not happening.
Speaker 3: That's that's it gets that kind of treatment. It's a real luxurious life. If you get arrested in given prison time for.
Speaker 2: Well, maybe we should consider rob banks or something.
Speaker 3: I think it's only the human traffickers that get this.
Speaker 2: That's right, that's right. Well, it was a brawl, as many have characterized it, and I think it's kind of interesting to see the reaction of the press, of the public, and of the politicians that are there. But first of all, some of the things that happened. Here is a Pam Bondi and when she is confronted with Ted LUs As, you lied under oath.
Speaker 4: There is no evidence that Donald Trump has committed a crime. Everyone knows that this has been the most transparent presidency.
Speaker 2: Transparent fraud.
Speaker 5: Got your answer, legislation.
Speaker 6: This is time belongs to the gentleman from California.
Speaker 7: Okay, I'm going to put up another document from a witness who called the FBI's National Threat Operations Center because I believe you just lied under oath.
Speaker 2: There is ample evidence into Epstein.
Speaker 4: Look ever accuse me of ad.
Speaker 7: You just linder oath And this is all on videotape.
Speaker 2: Even if she commitced it, don't you ever accuse her?
Speaker 7: One I'm showing you here is a witness statement who called into the fi's Threat Operations Center. He drove Donald Trump around in Limo. He overheard Donald Trump said to Jeffrey on his cell phone. He was so angry he was going to stop a limo and hurt Donald Trump. And he met a girl who said she was raped by Donald Trump and Jeffrey Epstein. She later had her head blown off, and the officers at the scene said that could not have been suicide. No one, no one at the point of justice interviewed this witness. You need to interview this witness immediately. Epstein should rot in hell. So should the men who patronize this operation. And as we say it here today, there are over one thousand sex trafficking victims and you have not held a single man accountable.
Speaker 1: Shame on you.
Speaker 7: If you had any decency, you would resign right after this here with conclude.
Speaker 2: But she doesn't have any decency, So she's not going to resign, and she's going to continue to light our face regardless of what we know is true. And that case was one that I mentioned the other day, and you know it was ruled as a suicide by the coroner, who but the police officers who are there said there's absolutely no way that could be the case. And so again you can get people to say whatever you want them to say under some circumstances, and so he says, you just lied under oath. Isn't that interesting? You know, we just had the other day Wednesday. We're talking about Lutnik lying under oath on Tuesday, then on Wednesday, Ham Bondi lies under oath, and Cash Mattel has done it many times himself. Every time these people go it is is a perjury trap, except we see that they don't charge them with perjury, just like they didn't charge James Clapper with perjury when James Clapper was asked point blank, are you doing are you spying on Americans with a search warrant with the NSA and no senator not intentionally? Blah blah blah. Right, we all know that he lied under oath, and yet they never charged him. Statue of limitations ended, I think in twenty eighteen. That was back in twenty thirteen he did it. And so it even got to the extent that Pam Bondi went after a Jewish Democrat who got so upset she pushed back her chair and stormed out. She accused the Jewish rep of being anti Semitic because she doesn't support net Yahoo. As I've said many times, there's a lot of Jews who do not support what Israel is doing, because there's a lot of Jews in Israel who didn't vote for Netanya, who he barely got together a coalition to govern, and he had to have three elections in order to do that, and so there's a lot of people who don't support him there as well as in the United States who are Jewish, and so Pam Bondi is out there throwing the race card around just like a liberal, right So Pam Bondy traded Barbes just about every Democrat of the House Judiciary Committee. When she got to Jamie Raskin, she called him a loser. She said that Thomas Massey had Trump derangement syndrome. But that's pretty original, isn't it. You point out what Donald Trump is, Oh, you got Trump dellusion syndrome, says, give me a break. They always resort to that. And then she said that Jamie Raskin was a loser. He wasn't even a lawyer and so forth he taught in law school. Anyway, I think she is projecting a total minelt down from Representative Becca Ballant, who stormed out of the hearing after the Attorney General seemingly grew frustrated by one of the many questions about Jeffrey Empstein and launched into a personal attack on her voting record. Which is Pam Bondi's tactic and strategy. It is weakness. It is clear to everybody that it's a cover up. Everybody knows she's dodging the questions. She might as well just plead the fifth anyway, accusing her of anti Semitism for not supporting Israel. Ballant was the first Jewish Congress member to use the term genocide to describe the war in Gaza. With this anti Semitic culture, said Bondi. She voted against a resolution condemning before being interrupted by Ballant. Ballance said, you want to go there. You're talking to a woman who lost her grandfather in the Holocaust. Ballant responded before slamming her chair into the deis behind her and storming out of the room. Fuming. She repeatedly asked Bondy if her department had investigated the ties of top Trump administration leaders have to Epstein, at one point stating this is not a game Secretary, to which Bondi responded, I'm Attorney General. My apologies. I couldn't tell She behaves like a secretary, doesn't she. And I don't mean a secretary with a capital S as part of the cabinet, just somebody who is serving the every whim of Donald Trump. I thought that was the best comeback of anybody actually calling her a secretary. And as you get it reminds me of Vinman. Remember that Lieutenant Colonel Vinman to you that the Ukrainian shill. Anyway, the Age furiously clashed with Jamie Raskin. He accused Bondy of philibustering and he said, I told you about that attorney Joan before you started speaking about the philibustering. She said, you don't tell me anything you want, washed up loser. You're not even a lawyer. So we have this hierarchy that you know, lawyers are special or something. If that's ever that was the case, I think Pambondy just blew blew that. If she's the top lawyer, she's the top attorney general. What does that say about the profession right there? That's probably one of the worst attacks on the legal profession to have Pam Bondy there. Nevertheless, before he was a congressman, he was a professor at American University Washington College of Law. But anyway, whatever you think about Jamie Raskin or in these other people that are Democrats who are attacking her, can we look at Pambondy and say that she absolutely owned herself As a matter of fact, Dana lash who I think says she is a Second Amendment person. She has no love of Pam Bondy, who has no love of the Constitution, especially the Second It's not just the Second Amendment that Pampondi hates this everything. She and Christy Nome are out there with their surveillance state. They're out there getting Apple and Facebook to pull down people who have groups that are watching what Ice is doing, punishing them, and so far she hates every aspect of the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. Anyway, Jay and Paul said, will you turn to the survivors behind you now and apologize for what your DOJ has put them through the absolutely unacceptable release of the Epstein files and their private information. Said, I'm not going to get in the gutter with you, he said, So she got into the gutter with Donald Trump, though, and Jamie Raskin said, this performance screams cover up.
Speaker 3: I'm not going to get into the gutter with you. How dare you bring up the reprehensible actions of my department.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 3: I'm not gut her with the department members.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to get in the gutter with those victims over there, the people that we had one job, and that was to redact the victims' names. Instead, what they do is they put out the victims' names and redacted the perpetrators.
Speaker 3: Amazing that she would say, get into the gutter with you, as she's insulting everyone and throwing mud. But to get into the gutter of you to discuss the actions of my department, the mistakes we made.
Speaker 2: Yeah, people like Bondi and Cash Battel, they just epitomize the Trump administration and what a disgusting display it is for the world to see. As Attorney General, you're siding with the perpetrators. You're ignoring the victims, and that will leave your legacy unless you act quickly to change course. Said Raskin. You're running a massive Epstein cover up right now out of the DOJ. He's absolutely right. Now, this gets to the point where people want to cover up for this, like Breitbart was just disgusting. Bright Bart their first response to Larry Lutnik being caught with perjury and the awful things that came out in terms of, you know, he definitely has a perjury issue, but when you look at the financial aspects of what Larry Lutnick is doing as Commerce Secretary and the traps that he's laying for all of us. Breitbart had a special exclusive interview with him, and they were featuring Larry Lutnik all over the place, more so even than their defense of Pam Bondi. And their defense of Pam Bondi was a Congressman, Brandon Gill who came on and said, well, you know, in the Biden administration, they didn't do this and they didn't do that. Again, it's the what about ism. Well, you know, they committed a crime or they did not prosecut this and so forth, so therefore we can do the same as they did. So they simultaneously criticize somebody else for the wrongdoing that they're doing, and then even though they criticize the other side, they use it as a get out of jail free card for themselves. When is that going to stop? I'm so sick and tired of seeing that every time you catch the Trump people of the GOP and something. Oh well, the Democrats and Biden did it as well. That's no excuse none whatsoever. And this is just a downward spiral that they're taking the entire country in. You know, once the other side commits a crime, and of course they usually get away with it. We're not going to try to reform anything. We're not going to try to punish anybody. And don't you criticize me when I do the same thing that I criticize those people for. So they're talking about Epstein today, she said, this has been around since the Obama had been imistration. The Dow is over fifty thousand, right now, there you go. And I think one of the best comebacks that I saw from anybody said, we don't worry about pedophiles unless the Dow is below fifty thousand. Isn't that essentially everything that Jeffrey Epstein was doing. I mean, isn't that the essence of what we're talking about with the elite as long as they can make money, as long as they get away with what they want, as long as they get what they want out of it, whether it is the hedonism or whether it's the massive amounts of money. Then we're not going to punish anybody. There's no crime that we need to take a look at. She has embraced with that statement that everybody can. She embraced the essence of Epstein and the pedophile elite with all of that. So Massey launched a blistering attack on her for not properly redacting the names of victims. As a matter of fact, he had said the night before he was a stop by reporter. They were asking him, what's going to happen the next day? You have this to say, same questions.
Speaker 7: You mentioned that there are some things that have been redacted that probably shouldn't have been redacted.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's anything.
Speaker 1: Can you elaborate it on that?
Speaker 8: Yeah? Six men's names. One of I'm listed as a co conspirator. Why would you redact his name?
Speaker 1: Right, there's not victim.
Speaker 9: What I'm saying is it's not just victims' names that they've redacted.
Speaker 2: And how can we get those names then? Like the public generally.
Speaker 9: Well, I'm hopeful that DJ will release them now that I pointed it out to them.
Speaker 8: They could. We've either got to say, Okay, we made a mistake. Well we're not gonna unredact.
Speaker 1: That, okay, And are you gonna be going back to see I know like there's there's sort of like a procession now of members who are going.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm scheduled for tomorrow morning too, okay.
Speaker 2: And what are you looking to? What are you going to look into tomorrow that you haven't look into today?
Speaker 5: So it just takes a while, and there's millions of files still.
Speaker 8: I've still got files up my list to look at it than.
Speaker 2: Well, it all began with a question, Jerry Mendler. It's amazing this dumpty dumpty like character and to see these people doing it again. They can talk about the fallacies and the lies and the faults and the crimes of the Republicans when they're out of power, they'll ignore it when they are in power as well. What difference does that make if they committed the crime, it's still a crime, even if the Democrats are going to look the other way when they do it. So, Jerry Nadler presented her with a asked her whether not the DOJ is indicted or is investigating any of Epstein's alleged co conspirators, citing what he called concrete evidence of disgusting criminality. Bondi attempted to decidestep the question. When Nataler repeated it, she raised her voice and insisted she would answer the question the way I want to answer the question, talking over him. As colleagues tried to intercede. As exchange escalated, Bondi pivoted away from the from Epstein entirely and went down her The Dow is at fifty thousand talking point, isn't that amazing? And of course the you know, the back and forth with Ted lou where she got very nasty with him. You're not even a lawyer type of thing. That's the epathetic aspect of this. But let's stick with Massey. And this is what happened as the two of them were talking.
Speaker 4: Did you ask Merrick Garland that the last four years?
Speaker 2: What about Merrick Garland? Don't talk to me.
Speaker 9: I'm glad you're asking about Merrick Garland.
Speaker 2: Than Water gave question.
Speaker 9: This goes over four administrations. You don't have to go back to Biden. Let's go back to Obama, Let's go back to George Bush. This cover up spans decades and you are responsible for this.
Speaker 8: Portion of it.
Speaker 9: And I want to know at what point, at what point did the FBI and the dj decide that Lex Westerner was not a co conspirator? Because our Epstein Files Transparency Act requires you please put it back on the screen. He's to release the internal decision about whether to prosecute him or not. And it's not in the files, and it's not in the files for any.
Speaker 8: Of these other men of the gentleman. May she answer?
Speaker 4: And he's a hypocrite because he voted against the band that we were talking about on Deep Fake AI porn. Only two people voted against it, and you.
Speaker 2: Were has nothing to do with it.
Speaker 9: The gentleman's time has expired, mister chairman.
Speaker 8: Could she answer the question? Chairman?
Speaker 2: Yeah, again, let's pick something totally unrelated and you voted against the Deep Fate porn band and it's like, yeah, how is that going to solve anything anyway? That has nothing to do with Jeffrey Epstein and what these people were doing or her cover up for them as well well, the fact that she violated the law then lied about violating the law as well. At the end, there is what, Yeah, what's going on with this? Answer the question? Just to answer the question. So yeah, so by the end of the exchange, Bondy had not answered whether the DOJ agrees that there's no credible information about co conspirators, why a document listing Wexner as a co conspirator was redacted, or who approved releasing victims' names while obscuring alleged abusers. The hearing closed with unanswered questions. A stark contrast between Democrats early sparring over evasions and a later bipartisan rupture that put the departments handling of the Epstein file squarely on the center of the kind tell you how damagingly badness was. Even a sellout sycophant like Alex Jones criticized this and was using every swear word he could think of. He was so upset because his team that he's gone to bat for fell on its face. She fumbled the ball, Alex, didn't she? But they're just a bunch of crooks. You know that. I know that. Why'd you ever cover up for them? Anyway? The uh, you know, the Jamie Raskin thing was your washed up loser lawyer. That's a bit of projection that's there, isn't it. But meanwhile, you look at what Breitbart does with this as I said before, on Wednesday's show, Larry Lutnick was caught committing perjury. It testified once before that he had no involvement with Epstein. He met him once, he said after they moved next door to him. They went over for tea or something at at lunchtime on a Saturday, and he talked about his massage table and said we thought he was pretty creepy and suggestive, and any window about that. We didn't ever want to have anything with him, that's any involvement with him whatsoever, and we cut it off at that point in time. Then the documents show that that's not true. He actually went to the island after that, so we actually had testified to that one thing under oath. So we have a commerce secretary, he's not only next to our neighbor friend and island visitor, but also obviously committed perjury. So what is Breitbart's reaction to this? They immediately bring him in for a special interview, and some of the things he had to say have more to do not just with the corruption, but with things that are going to actually harm us. So watch live. Bright Bart News hosts a commerce secretary, Howard Lutnick, for a policy discussion.
Speaker 3: Yes, I just thought it was really funny the way that he tried to spin it was. Oh no, I really was disgusted by this guy who was talking about his massage table and all that. But when I went to the island, it was with my kids. My kids were there with me. I brought them to go see the creepy massage table guy.
Speaker 2: You know, it doesn't they're not even good liars right, let alone lawyers. As everyone else is calling for him to be impeached, Breitbart has them on for a live policy discussion as if again, let's talk about the fifty thousand dollars. Now, you know, we can make a lot of it. Let's forget about all the stuff with the kiddies and everything else. This guy can make us a lot of money. He can help America somehow. And yet if you look at his policies, that's not there either. But notice how these people, whether it's Pambondy or whether it's Breitbart, they grabbed this ring of the stock market or the promise of money, and they don't care about the pedophile ring. They're going for the golden ring. And so one of the things that he says is that we're going to have automated manufacturing coming to America. And I said this in twenty seventeen when Trump did the tax cut. Andy, so that's going to reshore all these different manufacturing things that have gone to other countries. I said, no, it's not. And you know, I remember dryl Centy and I talking about it, how it was going. He was His big thing was, yes, it's just going to be stock buybacks for the corporations to do that, and it really was. It was a windfall for all of them. It's absolutely amazing. And I said, yeah, they're not going to bring back any manufacturing until they get their mechanical slaves or robots. And again the robots are not necessarily the biped robots that are going to be carrying around things like the humans would do. But it's also when you look at the all the other aspects of automation. I mean, Amazon's got a tremendous amount of robots already automating the process, going around and just look like rumbas, and they go under a particularly restocking what they've got on the shelves and picking stuff off of the shelves. You don't have to have something looks like a human to do that, and so it's going to be a capital intensive thing. They'll get a lot of tax breaks, maybe even they'll get subsidies from the from the federal government if they change the federal government more like Trump wants at his model of economic fascism, where it's actually a partnership between the people running the government, just like communists China, the partnership between the people running the government and the people have the corporations as the two of them merge. But he says, the automated manufacturing is coming to America and it's perfect for us. We gotta get his voice on here, because he's got this gangster rough voice that's there, and he really is a gangster I think. Anyway, it's perfect for America because we don't want to have any Americans working in the higher paying factory jobs. Right want to have robots or h one B visa foreigners come in. That's really what we want. He said. There's some things that should be made overseas, sandals, cheap T shirts, and we're cool with that. You can do an enormous amount of manufacturing domestically, he said, using advanced robotics, not people. You know, we don't want people getting we don't want people getting high paying jobs or anything like that. We don't want to when we have things that have a lot of value, we don't want to pass that on to employees. We're want to keep all those profits ourselves.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's really telling how he's like, yes, sandals, we don't want Americans making sandals. That's beneath us to make sandals and t shirts those things that actual people are making. Just have the Asians make those and we'll pay them for that and import that. But you know, us the owners of these factories, that we can get the machines to the stuff that we need.
Speaker 2: Leader, right, it's always been a big part of the China price, right, has been slavery, you know, and slave wages and things like that. Well, that is actually what Robot means. It's the check word for slave's mechanical.
Speaker 3: So it shows that he's not interested in actually bring out the actual manufacturing to Americans.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right. Yeah, close your eyes. Just think of a modern auto plant, you know, with the arm that goes out and drills like that. You know, that's his thing. He's he's such an intellectualistic anyway. Breitbart exclusive. He also wants to bring pharmaceutical manufacturing home to America. Four hundred billion dollars worth of pharmaceutical manufacturing, he said, Yeah, poison those people as well. Don't pay him, poison him. They'll own nothing and they'll be poisoned. Yeah. Pay no attention to the desperate attempt to protect and cover up satanic pedophile rings. The economy is doing great, that's the bottom line. That's what Breitbart will tell you, That's what Pam Bondi will tell you, That's what the geop will tell you. It doesn't matter about satanic pedophile rings and satanic child abuse and so forth. That doesn't matter. We can all get rich. It's just what we need. It's more billionaires poisoning us as they rape our children. We're going to get cheaper drugs in America. They're going to be made here as well. I expect we're going to have four hundred billion dollars of on shoring of pharmaceuticals. Generally speaking, said Lutnik to Breitbart. For name brand drugs like Ozimbic, Manjarro, things like that, we produce seventy five percent of their revenue and one hundred percent of their profits. Right, because we are we are the big pay We pay one thousand dollars. Everybody else pays one hundred and fifty bucks. Why is that? Why is that? And why is it that Trump through tens of billions of dollars at Moderna and Pfizer to make the mRNA vaccines and continues to do that. And they do that, they grease the skids for them in terms of approval, and then they turn around in gratitude they screw us to the wall. In terms of price. We pay many many times more than everybody else. That's according to him, it's about factor of ten. Why is that? Well, they have this thing called most Favored Nation. You would think that the nation that paid for the development costs of one of the most profitable products they've ever had, the Trump shot, You would think that we get some favors back from them, But no, they act like they're a country. And so you know, countries have most Favored Nation status in terms of trade, but pharmaceutical companies do as well. It's just they don't favor us. They exploit us. And he wants to be a part of that. He wants to as long as he can get a piece of it. With Trump RX they're all for that.
Speaker 3: And I kind of misspoke of r I was saying that comment on it. Well, I mean is when you talk about automated manufacturing, the only reason that people would want automated manufacturing is for things like sandals and T shirts. But he's saying that cheap stuff. Let's just leave that to the slaves. You know, we'll have automated manufacturing for the stuff that is actually made in America currently a few things and a few more. We'll have you know, our factories doing that, and maybe they'll be on American soil, maybe not. It's just whoever gives us the power plants and most water that would have gone to the citizens.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely right, because already we're getting our sandals and T shirts from abroad. So he's going to use the automation to take American jobs, is what he's saying. You're absolutely right. Democrats and one Republican accused Bondy of ignoring the victims. You're not showing a lot of interest in the victims, is that, Jeremy Raskin? Where there's at Epstein's human trafficking ring, or or if it's the homicidal government violence against citizens in Minneapolis. A attorney general, you are siding with purpse and you're ignoring the victims. And she is also siding with the criminals because she doesn't want law abiding people to have guns. That is throughout the Trump Administration's not just her, it's also people like Janine Perrot. The attorney general accused Democrats of only caring about the issue because Trump is in the White House. Well, she doesn't care about the issue because Trump is in the White House. That's the bottom line. Rasking demanded to one of those back and forth the Judiciary Chairman, Jim Jordan, restore time. And that was another shouting match that they got into. Anyway, that's the point at which she called him a washed up, loser lawyer, not even a lawyer. And so she said, you should all be apologizing. You set here and you attack the president, and I'm not going to have it. I'm not going to put up with it. Yeah, this is her three D approach, the typical Trump three D. It's not Chess's checkers, deny, distract, divert and always lie. None of them, asked Merrick Garland, over the last four years, one word about Epstein, How ironic is that you know, why because Trump? Why are they coming out? Why is it a big deal with Trump? Then with a MAGA people, Well, it's because Trump campaigned on releasing these files.
Speaker 3: Yes, so he wasn't talking about it during the Biden administration. That was a huge part of his campaign.
Speaker 2: That's right. And Trump was also this pedophile's best friend for fifteen years. That's another issue as well. So anyway, the it goes on and on, but I'm gonna going to move on to something else here. Bondi used her time to draw attention to how Democrats and their donors that associated with Epstein for years. We're not going to talk about Trump associating with them for years, right, See the double standard that's there, And I say send them all to jail, but they use that as an excuse. Well, you got some Democrats associated with him, So now that means that you know, because this guy saw him a half dozen times, now doesn't mean And now it means that for all those disgusting parties and beauty contests that he and Jeffrey Epstein did together, that Trump did with Jeffrey Epstein, now you don't get to look at any of that. You know, we've have now declared Trump to be Epstein free. It's absolutely amazing the nonsense logic behind all this stuff. And again Breitbart, again, the only thing they had about Bondi was the fact that this Brandon Gill guy says, well, what about the Biden Harris Department of Justice and their weaponizing of the justice system. That's the headline on Breitbart. He asked her about several instances in which the Biden Harris Department of Justice weaponized the justice system. So now she can weaponize the justice system. You see every criminal act of the Democrats did. Now it can be done by the Republicans, and vice versa. The Democrats will play the same game when they get back in power, which probably won't be too long, they'll say, well, we can do that because Trump did. They already did it with gun control by executive order. So he said, this is the way this thing ran with Gill, he said, so, did the Biden Harris Department of Justice allow Jack Smith to spy on a dozen Republican members of Congress? Bondy absolutely, did the Biden Harris Department of Justice seize the phone of a sitting Republican congressman, Bondi said, yes, see how it works, and so now you can do all this stuff. And he said, thank you for returning the Department of Justice back to its core focus, which is on the rule of law. Are you serious? Are you serious? How cynical? That is so? Jerry Nadler attacking Attorney General Bondi over Epstein while his colleague, Representative Plaskett was using Jeffrey Epstein as a confidant an advisor is the height of hypocrisy, That's what the Republicans are saying. So let me get this straight. He contacted him as a confident, confidant and as advisor, but Trump as his party pal. We don't want to pay attention to that. And the Republicans want to pay attention to the Clintons, but they don't want to pay attention to Trump. I say, put them both in jail. And I say that. I point this out because you just need to understand what Breitbart has become. It is one of the most dishonest of all the news media. And I mean that whether you're talking about alternative media or mainstream media. I don't see anybody lower than Bright. It's absolutely amazing. Well, masseew accused Bondi of criminal negligence in the Epstein release, the crime being that she violated this law that was specifically passed by Congress to stop this kind of cover up. And so Massey said, I'm trying not to be apathetic and subscribe to the memes that say you're not going to vote your way out of this. But I want to point out that Americans voted for four different administrations and they're all part of the Jeffrey Epstein cover up. And you could see her her only concern, you know, when he mentioned, yeah, this goes through several different administrations. Yeah, yeah, yeah, see, it's not Trump at all. That's her only concern. You could see in her reaction to what Massey said. She didn't care anything about getting these people who had committed these crimes. Her only concern is to protect Donald Trump. It's absolutely disgusting. It's true.
Speaker 3: She was yelling at him until he brought up someone else, and then she goes quite.
Speaker 2: And yeah, yeah, seeing amazing. Yeah, let's play that again. As a matter of fact, did you.
Speaker 4: Ask Merrick Garland that the last four years we talk about Epstein.
Speaker 9: I'm glad you're asking about Merrick Garland.
Speaker 2: This is bigger than water Gay, this shut up.
Speaker 9: Administrations. You don't have to go back to Biden. Let's go back to Obama, Let's go back to George Bush. This cover up spans decades, and you are responsible for this portion of it.
Speaker 7: And that's I want to know.
Speaker 2: At what Yeah, they started talking over him again. Yeah, tell people how other people did this, because now I'm exonerated because of the what about ism? I'm covered under the what aboutism clause? What about these other three administrations? Even though I'm committing a crime, I'm now exonerated. Disgusting, Absolutely gusting. So she called him a failed politician with Trump derangement syndrome. I think she's the one who's got the derangement syndrome. She is the one who's got a psychosis, that's for sure. So they're being sued, as I said before, for strong arming tech companies to target people who are monitoring ICE. That's not a crime. She hates the First Amendment, she hates the Second Amendment. She loves pedophiles. What else can we say? You know, Brandon Smith of Alt Market I liked what he had to say again about the psychology of evil. He said, you know, conspiracy theorists are almost always right. We've improven right again time and again, and we'll continue to be right about many things that corporate media used to call fringe. And why is that? It's because we are looking at the operation of individuals that are there. He says, globalists first and or most are an occult network of organized psychopaths. And we look at that, you look at the bigger picture of this. One of these people's motives in terms of doing this, what can we say? Just like with Pambondi, her motives are very transparent what she's doing there. Psychopaths seek out people with psychopathic traits like them, They recruit, they grow their numbers. And remember, you know, I've talked to John Kyaku many times. He said, the CIA is always looking for sociopaths. They don't really want to hire you if you're not a sociopath. And he said, they want you to get right up to the line of psychopaths, but hopefully not over that. But that's really what they're looking for. CIA is one of those organizations that seeks out psychopaths. He points out from the mafia, to violent drug cartels, to religious cults to authoritarian governments, we have seen psychopaths congregate together and cooperate in the worst moments of our timeline. And again, the CIA checks almost all those boxes. We're talking about mafia, drug cartels, or authoritarian governments, probably even as religious cults. There's a lot of evidence that the intelligence agencies that are there are heavily evolved in the occult right, remote viewing, and a lot of other really strange things that they do. They think it's real. So anyway, Jeffrey Epstein, he says, was not the top of the pyramid. He was also not some self serving flim flam man selling sex and depravity just to gain access to the halls of power. Rather, he was a middleman, a drug dealer, selling dopamine experiences as a reward for members of the cabal while collecting the blackmail materials. But the cabal is far bigger than what we see in the Epstein files, and it supersedes any one nation or government. There are strange mentionings of clonings, of baby farming, black market sales, of the creation of a superior race in the files. In other words, the interests of Epstein and his associates went far beyond sexual fetishes, and this is why it is so disgusting to see people like Pambondy, Cash Betel and Donald Trump covering this stuff up. There's real evil at the core of this, and it shows us that they are part of that evil. As he points out, some of the Epstein emails openly discussed sexual abuse and torture of victims brought to the island. From Pizzagate information released by WikiLeaks in twenty sixteen, we can see that food code words are common for the globalists and seem to be tied to the abuse of young children. Pizza symbolism has been common within pedophilia networks for many years leading up to the exposure of Pizzagate. Is also common within the pages of the Epstein files. The word pizza is used as a code at least nine hundred times in the emails. As a matter of fact, Ben Swan got into the Pizzagate stuff when it was first put out there, and I saw that. He put up another video where he says, I've been vinegated vindicated. Now look at these upstairs. Nine hundred times it's mentioned here. He goes, Yeah, this stuff is real. There's a lot of disinformation that people jumped into that was sensational, and of course that is the way the stuff always gets shut down. You have people who are basically control ops to shut this stuff down. What they do is they put out just as we've seen over and over again with Steve Achenick about so many different things. They have people like Steve Achenick who will put out lies in and around a particular event, and then when that gets reported, that gets something that is sensational, and because it's false, easily disproven, they use that to disprove the entire thing. That's the way it's always been done. And so now we see with this that yes, the Pizza Gate stuff not necessarily that particular pizza parlor or whatever, but was evidence that of exactly what they were doing. And it's back again here. But there's something else that's there is, as Smith points out, the use of beef jerky and the Epstein emails mentioned hundreds of times specifically disconcerting considering, including talk of keeping quote the jerky on ice unquote, So when do you do that? When do you keep beef jerkey on ice? A strange obsession with jerky portion weights with lab testing of jerky in order to prevent sickness et cetera. Whatever they're talking about, it's not jerky. You have to ask yourself what kind of edible product would be so criminal that it has to be hidden behind elaborate code speak. Well, the obvious conclusion would be that jerky is code for human meat. So I might argue that there's no benefits seating human meat, so why would the elites do it? Well, the critics are operating from a logical perspective, not from the perspective of the occultist. One can't separate Epstein Island from occultism and still understand what happened there. And he makes a distinction between Luciferianism and Satanism. The Satanists occupied with the pursuit of pleasure, of the expensive morality, while Luciferians are occupied with the pursuit of power, so power versus pleasure. But they both say do as thou wilt. And it is psychopathic in the sense that it has no empathy for anyone else, and it functions as essentially a parasitic cult on the rest of humanity. He points out that if they weren't such a small percentage of the human race, there wouldn't be anything left. He said, the majority of us have though a mechanism called conscience, which either stops us from committing evil most of the time, it also causes us to feel guilt. We know that we've acted in a destructive manner. If the majority of the population didn't have that, we would have gone extinct. But the psychopaths, the globalists don't have this mechanism. In fact, they think the conscience is a hindrance, It is a sign of weakness, and that people have it are easily victimized. This is a predatory class of humans. And this is something you see from criminals in every regard. I mean, I've seen this over and over again in people who are scheming about how they can do something to somebody. Truly is amazing to watch these people in operation. Well, Pambondi unmasked a dark truth about the Trump administration with these theatrics, says Daniel Hampton. And the one thing you got wrong about that is it's the Trump regime. It's not an administration. It's just a power regime. People are the Luciferians. During her congressional hearing this week, Epstein survivors set behind Bondi unacknowledged and irrelevant to her purposes as she performed for the cameras. That is the way it was described by Dahlia Lithwick and escathing analysis for Slate in which Lithwick said that Bondie's testimony wasn't about justice or accountability. It's about a woman who knows that she has to seek and maintain protection, and so she says the She crows about the dow Jones before the cameras because she understands that if she doesn't, she will be left behind. What Bondi and Trump and Lutnik and Blanche are doing under the banner of law and law enforcement and pardons and immunity and impunity is an operatic performance of a single truth that the law will now protect those who are within the network of favors and privilege and secrets and side eyes and nickers and abuse of young girls, and the law will abandon those who are not, She said, Bondi is theatrics during her combative house hearing is very similar to a protection racket. They prey on everyone who refuses to buckle. We should probably stop calling this law and simply call it power, or maybe we should just call it Luciferian It amazes me that as all of this stuff was happening, when we talk about the Christian aspects of this, we talked about the occultic aspects of this. Think about as all this stuff has been unfolding over the last couple of weeks. Right in the middle of it, you have the Millennia movie comes out, and it is truly amazing to see people like Robert Jeffers, who has a megachurch in Dallas. Thousands of people go to his church and he is there talking about how it was so wonderful that he was a part of the movie. He said, they have me in this movie, and I was surprised to see myself in this movie. But here's some of our church ladies who went to the event. They even get dressed up. They went to the trouble of making replica Milania dresses this long white dress with a black zigzag on it. This is a bunch of women who go to his church going to celebrate this prostitute Milania Trump, an Epstein girl herself right. And I don't even know, I don't even know what we could how we could explain this to anybody who looks at it. I just have to say, folks, this is not what Christianity is about. Especially, this is a movie that was the comeback movie for a director who had had some big films. They weren't good films, but they were big budget films. And I mean, he did an X Men movie other things, so they gave him a lot of money. Hollywood did. But he had his fallout in twenty seventeen, a lot of sexual allegations. And here he is in the Epstein files hugging a young girl. He's the guy on the right. Of course, there's Jeffrey Epstein. The girl's face is blacked out. Now, this is the guy that jeff Bezos picked to do the Milania movie. Again, as I pointed out, the budgets that you typically have on these documentaries, or maybe in the million dollar area of the entire budget, they gave her twenty eight million. It was a payoff. And Robert Jefferson is so excited about the fact that he's in that movie. I would want my name taken off of it if they put me in there. Make it clear that I had nothing to do with that. I can't believe that he is pushing that so hard and pushing the people in his church to go to it, and he's proud of this. He puts this out that says Twitter. He's the one who put that picture out there some of our church ladies at the new movie Milania that includes my prayer for the president and the first lady. Yeah, yeah, I have time. I see that. I think of the Fiddler on the Roof. Is there a prayer for the Czar? Yes, God bless and keep the tzar far away from us. Anyway, Lutnick again, sorry not Lutnick, but this is Lithwick who's talking about Bondie's theatrics. It's nothing but a protection racket that prays on everybody who's not a part of that club. And again I said, Dana Lesh has no love for Pam Bondi because Pambondi despises the Constitution, especially at the Second Amendment. And so Dana Lush Lesh said, this is one of the most embarrassing things I've ever witnessed from a lawmaker. Republicans Democrats were at asking her about Epstein and the Republicans. It wasn't just Massy, You're talking about Jim Jordan, You're talking about Brandon Gill. He said, more Conservatives than Pam Bondi because they never they had never been for gun control like her. If you want to sit here and introduce the Dow into it, let's go ahead and talk about your positions on red flag laws and universal background checks. Attorney General, she was asked why she has not prosecuted the people that we know who are in these emails, and she tries to deflect. She's not savvy enough though, to do that. She has no political acumen. She's not savvy enough to take that tone and try to spin it like that. It was disastrous, she said. Every time she was asked a tough question, she would be like, well, you have Trump derangement. The person who kept bringing it back to the hearing, kept bringing Trump back to the hearing was her. She said she was the only one that was bringing up Trump, but she was always Trump, this and Trump. She said, it was one forced air after unforced error about the entire thing. Meanwhile, how does Fox News handle this? Well, crickets, Basically, this is media. They went through and they totaled up the number of mentions on Wednesday morning of Jeffrey Epstein as all this stuff was happening on MSNBC. They mentioned Jeffrey Epstein's name three hundred times, and three hours of Attorney General Pam Bondi's House Judiciary Committee hearing CNN mentioned during those hearings, CNN mentioned it one hundred and fifty times. Fox mentioned it three times. Basically, they made it disappear. And then of course Bike barn does as they bring in the worst of the worst Lutnik and they start talking about how he's gonna make all this money for America by automating everything. No jobs for the rest of us, but for he and his Luciferian friends. We'll be right back.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the David Knight Show.
Speaker 5: Whether you're feeling like the booze or bluegrass, ATS radio has you covered check out a wide variety of channels at apsradio dot com.
Speaker 8: Well.
Speaker 2: As I said at the beginning of the program talking about Mike Johnson and the amazing lies that he's pulling off here, it's it's we look at the Trump people. It's almost funny if it wasn't so criminal the things that they're doing. Now, what Mike Johnson is trying to do is he's trying to stop other people in Congress from taking back the power that Trump usurped over taxation. That's the key power of Congress, the power of the purse. And he just declared a phony emergency. Everybody knows it's a phony emergency. And that is before the Supreme Court right now. And I don't know what is taking him so long. It's an open and shut case, quite frankly. But anyway, they have people in Congress who are trying, they want to be able to bring up motions on the floor and say that they're going to stop these new tariffs that Trump puts in, and he's trying to stop it by this kind of fictional thing about how do you measure a day? Is not amazing. And in the backdrop of all this, I can't understand why the Supreme Court hasn't already come up with a decision on this. Because Trump is bragging about the fact that he raised tariffs on Switzerland because of the phone call from one of Switzerland's leaders. He says, I didn't really like the way she talked to me. Isn't that amazing? That's the basis. It's not something that has to do with economics, It isn't anything that has to do with national security. It is about the fact that he doesn't like the way she talked to him. Like I said before, his geopolitical planning and the things that he's doing in terms of geopolitics is nothing but ego politics. And these tariffs don't have anything to do with economics. They're egonomics. He said on Tuesday that he raised tariffs on Switzerland after a phone call with the country's former president, saying he didn't approve of the way that she took. He said, so the tariffs were at thirty percent. I really didn't like the way she talked to us, so instead of giving her a reduction, I raised it to thirty nine percent. This is exactly why you don't want somebody like this in the office of president. But you don't especially don't want one person doing the setting the rates. This is why tax rates should be and it his at tax by the way, in spite of their lives about that, you want that to be done by Congress. He said, she just rubbed me the wrong way. I'll be honest with you. Democrats then said his comments were an admission that his tariff policies are not about national security. No, they're not about national security. They're not about economics. They're about egonomics. It's not about even the trade deficit, and certainly isn't about making Americans great again. You know, he says America, Bay doesn't say Americans. This is an America without Americans being involved in it. In the case of Switzerland, he increased the tariffs because, let me check my notes, he didn't like the way the Swiss leader quote talked to me. So the Democrats in a statement, Republicans must join Democrats to end this reckless behavior. I agree. The US and Switzerland reached a trade agreement in November to reduce tariffs on Swiss imports from thirty nine percent to fifteen percent. On Tuesday, three House Republicans joined with Democrats voting against banning members' ability to call snap votes to repeal the president's tariffs. So, in other words, what Speaker Johnson is trying to do was to stop them from having a vote to question Trump's tariffs. You can just impose these things at will, according to Speaker Johnson. So the three who pushed back, Yes, that's.
Speaker 3: The level of forty chesses. You insult him, and it's entirely emotional.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's economics. So it was Thomas Massey, Kevin Kylie, and Don Bacon. Unfortunately, Don Bacon isn't coming back. He's had enough of this stuff. Trump used declarations of national emergencies again. All this stuff is phony. Yeah, I don't like how they talked to me, so I'm going to bump this up. We got a national emergency because of trade deficit. No, we don't. You know, if you want to talk about deficits being a national emergency, it is the budget deficit that is a national He doesn't care at all about the budget deficit, but he doesn't want to have a trade deficit with anybody. Again, the guy doesn't understand economics or anything else. The Supreme Court is also considering the legality of using a provision under the International Emergency Economic Powers Act. Again, this has absolutely no merit whatever. The Marquette Law School poll found that sixty three percent of respondents want the Supreme Court to restrict the president's authority to impose terror. So what he was doing again gets the point. Like I said, they're not even good liars. They're not even good. When they try to shut this stuff down. They come up with things that are absolutely insane. And that's the way it was characterized by many people absolutely insane, trying to pretend that a day is not a day. What a difference a day makes? Twenty four little hours almost got that to play that. Mike Johnson lost a key procedural vote Tuesday night when he tried to delay future votes on Trump's ability to levy terriffs with a rule that rewrote what constitutes a day in order to delay a vote on Trump's tariff emergency. This is how sick this sycophant, Mike Johnson is. And again look at how this guy who presents himself out as a Christian, how he is doing everything he can to cover up for these pedophiles. Amazing.
Speaker 3: You see, he's just minted. It's like a sent in per era. It's the day of Trump right now.
Speaker 2: That's they so each So here's what it's said in the bill. This is reading from the bill. Section number nineteen provides that each day during the period from February tenth through July thirty first to twenty twenty six shall not constitute a calendar day. Each day shall not be a calendar day for the purposes of Section two oh two of the National Emergencies Act, with respect to a joint resolution terminating a national emergency declared by the president. So again, why is that there. Well, they have twisted and inverted the Emergencies Act so many different ways. It's the same thing they do the Constitution all the time. They turn it inside out upside down. Congress has to vote to renew each emergency declaration annually, and they have to approve a new emergency after fifteen days. So they didn't do any of that stuff. First of all, we don't have an emergency. We've had trade deficits that have been around this amount for quite a long time. That does not constitute an emergency. And then even if it were an emergency, they're supposed to have a vote within fifteen days of the new emergency. And so none of this was done. The same way that they declare war with Venezuela. Everything is thrown out. So again, this is worse than daylight savings time. This is a calendar day lying time. From Mike Johnson, the rule would have allowed Trump's emergency declarations to stand through July by simply declaring and denying the existence of time, said Thomas Massey, and he got it exactly right. He said that the Speaker is trying to pass a resolution that literally says a day is not a day, just to avoid voting on the emergencies that underpin the tariffs. Smoke and mirrors. You know, it's lies and fraud is what. It is.
Speaker 3: So absurd you can't even joke about it. It is Yeah, that even parodies wouldn't go to.
Speaker 2: I saw this and mentioned it briefly on Wednesday, and I I got to go back and do a little bit more research on this because that just doesn't make any sense. They're going to say that, you know, calendar days are not days for you know, six months or whatever is And yeah, that's exactly what it is. Only Mike Johnson could come up with something that devious and that's stupid, and that corrupt former House.
Speaker 3: Republican goes, well, beyond what the meaning.
Speaker 2: Of is is, what's the meaning of days? Yeah? I think they need to spell days with a daze? Right. A House Republican justin a Ash shared Massey's post and added to vote yes on this would have been absolutely insane. Yet nearly every Republican voted to pretend that a day is not a day. Think about that, all but three of them and one of them not running for reelection.
Speaker 3: Two wolves and a sheep voting on what a day is.
Speaker 2: It's so crazy. It is what they will not do to curry favor with Trump. It's absolutely amazing. You know, they will cover up for pedophiles. They will try to redefine what a day is. Congress needs to be able to debate on tariffs, said Don Bacon, who is one of the ones, one of the three Republicans who vote against Listen, stop and think about it. You know, we had, of course, what was that it was in terms of the Epstein files, it was Thomas Massey and three women Nancy Mace Bobert and Margie Tayler Green. Well, Margie Tayler Green's gone. The other two voted for this stuff to redefine a day. That amazing. But Don Bacon and he said, we need to be able to debate tariffs. Tariffs have been a net negative for the economy and they are a significant tax that American consumers, manufacturers, and farmers are paying. Article one of the Constitution. Look at that he's talking about. The Constitution places authority over taxes and tariffs with Congress for a reason. But for too long we've handed that authority to the executive branch. Kevin Kylie, who voted against redefining a day, said, I don't think the House should be limiting the authority of members and enlarging the power of leadership at the expense of our members, and that's what this does. So I think it's important for the House as an institution to push back against this. Well, fortunately because those three Republicans joined with the Democrats, they were able to shut it down, and so it would have made it impossible to vote on Trump's tariffs until August. The same kind of stuff that Johnson would doing to try to stop any votes about the Epstein thing. So again, there was one guy, a fourth guy that said he was going to do it, Tom mclennock, and there was a similar resolution back in September. He backed out of that one and backed out of this one as well. As completely spineless, as are the Guardians of the Pedophiles. The GP. Well, we had this strange report about something happening in El Paso, and it really is strange, and again we don't really know what it is. Just like you had all these strange things about drones in New Jersey and other places in the northeast. It was about a year or so ago, is before Trump became president, I think. But anyway, it is another one of those deals national security. They're not going to tell you. Some people are going to play it up as UFOs, and so we've had a lot of different explanations about this. Futurism's headline was I thought the best one. You're not prepared for what actually shut down the El Paso Airport. But let's just say it involves a military mega laser shooting something down. And then that's the other part of it, right, the first of all, there's the mega laser they and they shot that down. But what they shot down, We've had a lot of different stories about what that was. Was it a drone from the cartels? That's one story that came from the White House. And then they pulled it back and said, oh no, it was just a party balloon. Don't want to alarm anybody. It's like a party balloon. You use this gigantic laser and you shut down all air traffic control for party balloon. And then you've got some people who have put up you see a little dot that's on the horizon and say it was a UFO and look there's little dots that are coming out of this. So it was a mothership UFO and they shot the laser at it. I don't know if they claim that they shot it down or not, but always somebody wants to make it a flying saw. And so, according to CBS News, the bizarre airspace closure came under orders from FAA Administer Administrator Brian Bedford. Bedford made the call after learning that the Pentagon planned to unleash high energy counter drone laser weapons at Fort Bliss, situated right next to the El Paso International Airport. Fox News reported that military personnel had shot down a rogue party balloon like you'd see at a child's birthday party. Maybe it was a gender reveal or something right near El Paso, after misidentifying it as a foreign drone. Whether this was done using the Pentagon's Mega laser is unclear at the moment, but it would be a wild coincidence if this was not the case. And so, again further mudding the water as the Trump Administration's claims, the Pentagon had taken action disable a vague cartel drone incursion right before the airspace shut down. So You've yet to see any evidence that that is the case. But again, the UFO crowd is there as well, as we see over and over again. One thing that I talked about on Wednesday that I wanted to come back and revisit because I think it's important is the story about AI. And there's been a lot of pushback. This is a story again, as I pointed out, it was by a AI company CEO, Matt Schumer, and his company actually is called other Side AI. Their product that they put out is something called hyper Write and it is there as an AI writing assistant, which has caused a lot of people to say, if you look at this, this is another one of these AI CEOs telling us that their product is going to be godlike and it's going to everybody's going to be you know, it's going to be the only thing left standing, so you better get in line and start making friends with it, and that type of thing. We've seen that over and over again going to the federal government. People like Sam Altman of questionable integrity. This is the guy who was going around not that long ago before he weaseled his way into open AI control. He had this ORB and he was going to give you cryptocurrency if you let him create put you in his database that he evidently was putting together one to sell to governments, and want to have an eye scan of you. So he had this orb like a giant eyeball, and if you'd let him scan your eyeballs and put you in his biometric database, he'd give you a couple of tokens and his new cryptocurrency. That kind of guy. And so we've seen over and over again this parade of AI CEO is going to Congress saying this is going to be the biggest thing ever in the world, and you're going to need to have it because the Chinese want to have it as well. So you've got to give us a lot of money to make sure that we're there first. And we've got this creating this arms race scenario thing. And then the other aspect of it is it is so powerful that it's very dangerous, and so you need to have responsible people like me that's going to do it, let my competitors do it. You've got to put some regulation in there to keep them from getting involved in this. And so I guess immediately suspect when you start seeing these CEOs of AI companies making these pronouncements about what's going on. To me, a lot of what the guy said rang true. That's why I read it because of the rapid escalation of AI that we can see just looking at things like vocal mimicking and the images and videos and stuff like that that we have a use for with the program occasionally. But a lot of people said, no, this is something that was written by AI, because that's what this guy's company does. Well, the comeback from one person that's talking about it, and it went viral. I mean, it had millions of views, a lot of people talking about it, and I thought one of the most interesting quotes there was from the Washington Post Meghan mcgartoll. She said, well, if this was an AI written article, it's evidence of his thesis being true, because if an AI article could create that much stir, maybe that's exactly what he's talking about. But I think on the flip side of this, we have seen people and this is another reason why I covered it, but I didn't have time to get to that much of it. On the flip side, we have seen a lot of people who are who have no interest in growing an AI company. As a matter of fact, they have washed out and said I'm done with this stuff. I don't want to have anything else to do with it. It's going to be very harmful to our society, to humanity, and it's going so many negatives to it. I don't want to have anything to do with it. And so they're resigning and going public with it, and they're not trying to sell fear and trying to prop up an AI arms race or anything like that, and so that's on the other side of it. An open AI engineer calls it an existential threat just days after Anthropics Safety lead quit over the same concerns. And it's not just them, it's also one of the founders of AI guy they refer to as the godfather of AI, Jeffrey Hinton, has been warning of the negative impacts on society as well, in terms of not just employment, but so many different things.
Speaker 8: Well.
Speaker 2: Of course, the issue is what do we do if we don't have jobs? Right, it's not just a matter of giving people universal basic income. What is the meaning? What gives meaning to life? Is it our job, our career, our bank account. David Bonson has written a book about the importance of work and the importance of it from a Christian perspective, and so we're going to talk to him about that. Also going to talk to him about some of the economic policies or maybe the economic policies of the Trump regime. He is somebody who is very well versed, of course in economics. He runs the Bonson Group, which has eight billion dollars under asset of assets under management. I should say, so we're going to take a break and when we come back, we're going to talk to David Bohson of the Bonson Group. And I just want to tell everybody. I apologize that we've not been able to do comments and tips today. Everything should be normal again on Monday. So I apologize that we're not able to respond to you today, but that should be back on Monday. So we'll be right back.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the David Knight Show.
Speaker 2: We'll joining us now is David Bnson. He is the manager of a eight billion with a B dollar wealth man fund. He's also a prolific writer. He is a contributing writer for National Review. He serves on the National Review Institute Board. He's named on of America's Top financial advisors by Barons Forbes and The Financial Times. He's also regularly on Fox News and Fox Business, as well as a contributor to World Magazine. And I wanted to talk to David about several issues. First of all, you know, his expertise, of course, is in economics, but he also is a published Christian author. He has some perspectives on the meaning of life and how to find life's met in your work and other things. It's we want to touch on that as well. He had a rebuttal to a piece that was done on The Atlantic talking about the isolation that has been has become characteristic of our society. So joining us now is David Bonson. Thank you for so much for joining us.
Speaker 8: David, Well, thank you so much for having me pleasure to be with you.
Speaker 2: Let's thank you. Let's talk a little bit about this piece from the Atlantic. I thought it was pretty amazing and it began with an anecdote is mostly stories do. This is a guy he's in a restaurant, I think it was North Carolina, and he says he's sitting there and he's seeing one person after the other coming into the restaurant, grabbing a paper bag and going out. There's not really any interaction. You know, there's not a group of people coming in and having a meal at a table. They're not even really interacting with the people behind the counter. And he wrings his hand and says, this is awful, and this is what is happening to American society. And he said he talked to them, that it was very bustling place before the pandemic, and yet he believed that it was some kind of a problem of capitalism. Is what did they say? The problem was? How did we get to this?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 6: And what what the author ends up doing is concluding that it wasn't a problem of markets, so it was rather markets adjusting to what the problem was with the culture, that the that the society moving towards increased alienation, a decreased value on community, on being together. And and of course that was an opening anecdote to what was a really longer piece. I did a whole podcast at my National Review Capital Record podcast about the broader subject of how do we reverse this trend of greater alienation and isolation in society?
Speaker 8: And one of the points I make is.
Speaker 6: That Mark this restaurant is not going to go out of business just because people don't want to go out to eat together anymore, so they are going to shift to deliveries and door dash and to go orders.
Speaker 8: And some of the other things.
Speaker 6: So the business of the restaurant might find a market mechanism that maintains some cash flow, but the societal issue that undergirds it is really the challenge. And I want to make the argument that markets are not causing the problem, they're responding to the problem. We don't blame markets when thousands of people go out together for big, successful concert events, we don't give markets the credit for that. But that's an example of markets accommodating a societal trend for the togetherness of what was the successful Taylor Swift concert tour a couple of years ago.
Speaker 8: The point I think you're bringing.
Speaker 6: Up, David, is that there was a societal trend taking place before COVID of people valuing community and together this less and COVID exacerbated it, and it's a trend that we ought to be very concerned about.
Speaker 2: I absolutely agree, and of course my listeners know that I was a pandemic skeptic before, during, and especially after. I mean, the people were pushing this on and say, well, we did our best. We just did the wrong thing. And that was, as you point out, it was a trend that had been happening for quite some time, and it was actually war gaming and simulations that they had done since two months before nine to eleven to lock everybody down and to keep everybody locked down until you got their special formula. So I was skeptical of that all along. And I've seen the ways that this has been used and how it has advanced a lot of the let's say, the agenda, because when you look at that as well as some things like universal basic income and compare that to the stimulus checks, seems to me like there was a lot that was going on with that that was pushing us down this very bad path of isolation and dependency on the government. And it doesn't surprise me to see the Atlantic take the approach that when the government gas lit enforced a lockdown in isolation, that they would then blame people who responded to that as businesses trying to stay alive.
Speaker 6: Well, I believe that pandemic response is unforgivable, outrageous. I think there were some people who were better intentioned than others that all of it Still, you know, I don't judge a policy by its intentions, you judge it by its results.
Speaker 8: And it was bad results.
Speaker 6: But the lockdowns and pandemic issue ended a long time ago. And one of the things Derek points out in the Atlantic article he wrote a year ago is that the worst year at twenty twenty one was very bad for this. Then twenty two was bad, and then it got worse than twenty three. No one was locked down by twenty twenty three.
Speaker 8: So what you see is this sort of craving of people dining alone.
Speaker 6: Robert Putnam's book Bowling Alone was written in the year two thousand. Okay, that was twenty five years ago. That was well before the pandemic. The death of community is a post modern and secular problem, not merely a byproduct of the very bad COVID policies.
Speaker 8: And I believe that.
Speaker 6: Societies that don't value mediating institutions like and family end up being very lonely societies.
Speaker 2: Well, I agree. Yeah, it was a trend that was already in place, and this accelerated it intensified it significantly, I think, and we're living with that. I guess that was one of the thing I was most surprised about was how rapidly this accelerated trends like that that we already saw in place and kind of solidified them, you know. And my son's generation, almost everybody meets their spouse or whatever that they know have met them online initially, And there used to be places where you could actually go and have a human to human interaction with somebody rather than primarily being online. And it's such a strange thing to see that, and it really is that kind of isolation. And many have bragged about that being the design, you know, but they won't to have like a ready player one environment. We're all just set there in our virtual world, you know, communicating with people on the outside, rather than having any kind of in person communication.
Speaker 8: That's exactly right.
Speaker 6: Dining is but one example all sorts of various community activities.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 6: We can talk about the role that COVID played in exacerbating it, but nothing is exacerbated quicker than screens than electronics. And I think there's a very healthy way in which one can use electronics for productive use.
Speaker 8: There's plenty of benefits to come from it. For people staying in touch.
Speaker 6: It's an easier way to send your long lost aunt and uncle on the other side of the country, family photos. There's no reason to be luddite or a techn fobe about things. But to the extent that people have replaced human interaction with screen time, it is entirely unhealthy.
Speaker 2: Well, it's one of those things where because it makes it easier and available to not actually be in person, and it takes some of the discomfort of some of the aspects that you would have in meeting with somebody in person, takes a little bit of that out. It is kind of seductive in that regard, and I think we're going to see a lot more of that as AI intrudes more and more into our lives. But let's talk a little bit about the solution. Because you wrote a whole book really about a perspective of life, full time work and the meaning of life. Give us a little bit of an overview of that.
Speaker 6: Well, I try to make the argument from you know, creational theology from the very beginning of the world is to what God told us as to why he created us, that our endeavors here on Earth matter, that work is not just something we do for transactional benefit to help feed us or sustain us, but that it is a venue for creative and productive outlet that in producing goods and services enhance quality of life, we can enable our dreams to come true, our passions are, we can develop our skills in ways that bring tremendous meaning and joy to our lives. This is a productive, proactive view of human agency versus a reactive and I think very sedentary one where people are sitting still waiting for things to happen to them. Yes, uh, and and and one allows for humans to experience great joy and meaning and dignity. And it reflects the created intent and character of our creator.
Speaker 8: And one is.
Speaker 6: Depressing, One leads to isolation, one leads to this societal malady that we're dealing with.
Speaker 8: Now. Work is not the source of our problems. It is the.
Speaker 2: Solution, absolutely, And it's one more aspect here where we can see the wisdom of God, the wisdom of the Bible, in the sense that this is what we were designed for. And we know that that is a very effecious. A matter of fact, just recently we had doctor Oz out there saying we need to keep people working longer and retiring later. So the cynics came in and said, see he just doesn't want us to have a nice life, you know. And yet he was pointing out that study after study have shown that if you have a fulfilling job. As a matter of fact, people who are doing work that is not menial or reproduct typically naturally work for a longer period of time until help makes it impossible for them to do that. But if it's something like some kind of an intellectual pursuit or something like that that's a part of their work or some kind of creative process, they typically do work longer. And I'm thinking of the many conductors that I've seen who continue conducting the symphony works are in the eighties and nineties, and it keeps them young and alive. It's not just waving their arms around, you know, getting that kind of exercise, but it's something that engages their spirit and their intellect. And so there is a truth to that, because there is a truth to what God said. He designed us to work. He designed us to tend the garden. Work has become more difficult because after the Fall, God cursed that work, and it has now been deliberately made more difficult. And yet there are ways that we can still find our purpose in it, even if it is tainted by the curse of sin.
Speaker 8: And I will say.
Speaker 6: What I think is a little bit more biblically preciselyanguage in Genesis three, we don't generally talk about children of as being cursed that there's pains of childbirth now, but that verse came before the in Genesis chapter three, the curse to the woman was the pains of childbirth. It was not the children and the curse the curse to the man was not work. It was the sweat of the brow. It was the thorns and thistles. You're right that we're with the teats in work.
Speaker 2: Now, hang us, I guess David, you're breaking up there a little bit. We can we can pull this back here.
Speaker 8: I'm not sure why.
Speaker 2: Yeah, was it breaking up when you heard Atlanta or was it just on my end? It was okay, it's okay now, Yeah, it was just it was cutting out. So we didn't get the last of that.
Speaker 8: So let's let's pick let me pick it up from the sentence.
Speaker 2: Before we'll edit that together.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think that the man that we talk about thorns and thistles, that it is a curse that now is going to be accompanying work. But that the underlying work itself remains a blessing, just like children remain a blessing. Sin polluted a lot of things, but in God's redemptive plan to restore all of us to an Edenic condition, I believe that we air to believe that work itself was cursed.
Speaker 8: Work and family both predated.
Speaker 6: The fall, and that perspective I think is important theologically.
Speaker 2: Yes, exactly right, Yeah it is. Work is harder for us now, but even hard work like that difficult work has its reward, you know, just like the pain of childbirth. And yet there is a reward of the children as well, and so both of those things are there. The process is painful, but the reward that we were built for is still fundamentally there is. That. The basis, then, of a thesis of your book, Full Time Work and the Meaning of Life.
Speaker 6: It is that there is not fifty percent of people who are made to work and fifty percent who were.
Speaker 8: Made to consume that because all of.
Speaker 6: Us were made in the image of God, and he did this, by the way, because he loves us, not because he hates us. That we all have a ability to work. Some have different skills and interests and abilities and backgrounds and whatnot, but that there is no one God made not in his image. And if part of being an image bearer of God is the creative, productive, innovative capacity that he has, then this means that what I'm speaking to doesn't apply to just Elon Musk and Jeff Bezos. It applies to all of us in some capacity to go and wake up every day with the blessing of being able to be productive the four letter word we call work.
Speaker 2: I agree with that. That's great, and we shall all I think we'd all be better off if we had that perspective. Let's talk about what many of us work for, and that is a roof over our heads. And you talked about the root of the housing problem, and a recent article that you had. Trump's got one idea of how he thinks he actually he's got several. He came up a fifty year mortgage life in venture mint to the mortgage company that was one of them, of course, manipulating interest rates. And now he's got the idea of prohibition of institutional investors. And you take issue with that. Tell us why you think that is the wrong approach and what the real root of housing problem is well.
Speaker 6: I take issue with almost all of them, although that one might be among the worst. We have a tremendous problem of inadequate supply.
Speaker 8: Housing is too expensive because we need more of it. And this is basic economics.
Speaker 6: When supply stays level but the demand curve moves up, then you get higher prices, and so you need an equilibrium between supply and demand in order to avoid prices going higher, let alone higher than the rate of inflation itself. House prices have outpaced wage growth and job growth and economic growth for some time, and that is unsustainable and it creates.
Speaker 8: An affordability price problem.
Speaker 6: Vice President Kamala Harris, when she was running for president, said, we'll all address the affordability issue by giving every American twenty five thousand dollars. President Trump has said, or every American wants to buy a first time home. President Trump said, I'm going to address it by having Fanny and Freddy buy a ton of mortgage bonds, so it creates more supply of mortgage financing and pushes interest rates down. Both things feed demand, but do nothing about supply. And when he talks about supply, he says, the institutional people that have come in and built new homes and bought homes have now made it more unaffordable. The reality is, first of all, the largest institutional holder owns about sixty thousand homes, thirty thousand that they own to sell, thirty thousand they owned a rent.
Speaker 8: This is in a nation with ninety million homes.
Speaker 6: Some of the cities with the worst home price appreciation meaning the lowest, have the highest level of institutional ownership. Some of the cities that have the highest home price appreciation and the biggest unaffordability problem have no institutional ownership. So there's no real empirical evidence that this is a factor at all. But what it does do is tell Americans who they're allowed to buy and sell their home to and from. Yeah, exactly, it's just outrageous, and so it's not only not addressing the problem, but it is a solution that is outside of market principles that most of us on the right have believed in for a long time.
Speaker 2: That's right, And you point out your article American Enterprise Institute, going through and looking at the data behind it, that eighty percent of all institutionally owned homes exist in just five percent of US counties. So again, that's not the systemic issue for prices because they're seeing this everywhere. And he also point out that not a single country in America has even has ten percent institutional ownership share. So clearly, yeah, that's not the issue. Clearly when you look at the numbers. But again, what he's talking about doing is, as you point out, it's going to feed demand. I look at this in a sense like the car issue. You know, look at how unaffordable cars have gotten. I talked about this week the electric vehicles and how they were bragging that this new type of electric vehicle would be priced at under sixty thousand dollars. I thought, how is that a selling feature that is so incredibly expensive. I went back and I looked at the average car price and adjusted it for inflation, and that's going from nineteen seventy four, so the last fifty years or so, that is double what it would be if you just adjusted for the inflation for the devaluation of the dollar. And so there's something else going on here. We know that the price of cars, it's not like it has a supply issue. It's really a pricing issue, because the car manufacturers would be more than happy to ramp this up. But it's all the regulations that are put onto the cars are making it very expensive. What about the regulation that make houses more expensive because they've got a lot of mandated stuff with regulations. From that standpoint as well, how does that affect the supply side in your view, Well.
Speaker 8: It's a huge issue.
Speaker 6: And it doesn't just affect the supply side in getting priced in. It affects the supply side in not getting new supply because some of these regulations are so expensive that they simply cannot build, and or they it takes so long to build that you end up not keeping up with growing demand. There's a few things that all played into this, and I'll do this very quickly for your listeners.
Speaker 8: But you had the financial crisis.
Speaker 6: There was a big glut of supply relative to demand, and when the bubble burst, it was very difficult to get capital investment into housing. And then they came into a lot of new regulations about the banks what they were and weren't allowed to do, and so there was so much excess inventory that had to be worked through. As millions of Americans had bought homes they couldn't afford, so that was going to set everything back a few years, and it made a lot of sense why there wouldn't be a lot of people lining up to build new homes in the immediate aftermath of the financial crisis. But then combined with that, demographically at the time, we had millennials becoming adult age and normally would be buying a home, starting a family. But they were getting married five years ten years later than their parents did. They were having kids five, ten, twelve years later. So it put a big increase of demand on multifamily homes and a big decrease in demand on single family But then a few more years go buy it turns out they do want to get married, they do want of kids, even though they're now into their thirties instead of their.
Speaker 8: Twenties, and so that is what it is. But lo and behold.
Speaker 6: Now, the housing crisis per is long gone. A lot of millennials have gotten older. There's a huge demand for single family housing, but we haven't built any new homes in ten years. Then the COVID moment happens. Interest rates go to zero. There's tons of demand, low price financing. Everybody wants to move to a bigger home, and we don't have.
Speaker 8: The supply, it pushes prices up.
Speaker 6: Now you have a ton of people own homes at very low interest rates and they don't want to sell.
Speaker 8: They think they've made a bunch of money on their home.
Speaker 6: But now all of the young people entering the workforce can't afford to buy a home.
Speaker 8: There's three or four things involved there.
Speaker 6: Some are more dominant than others, but I put all of them together to say it isn't a simplistic thing. People that want to blame Blackstone for the housing crisis, or blame Fanny Free for the unaffordability thing, or just blame the FED or whatever. There's a lot of different things is going on here. But the fundamental solution is that you don't have enough supply. And where you do have states that didn't give in to SICCA and the environmental regulations and burden some permitting and zoning requirements, they were able to keep in front of it by building a lot of new supply. Now house price has got more expensive in Phoenix and Dallas and Charlotte and Miami and Nashville too, even though they were much better behaved states about building new supply. But that's because their demand was huge and so thank god. They built a lot of new supply because they had a lot of new demand because a lot of people left blue states to move to red states that were behaving themselves.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, we look at building code, you know, you look at building code and the massive expansion of regulations. There are much of that being driven by Washington, you know, pushing out regulations for people. You know, do this, do that. It's going to be greener if you do this. And so there's a lot of those types of things that are there. And when you talk about you brought up the concern about Blackstone, and people get Blackstone and Blackrock mixed up and you point that out. But I think that kind of plays into people's suspicion because Blackrock made so much money out of the derivatives market that created the real estate crash, that was at the heart of the real estate crash. Stuff. They made so much money with that, everybody's think, oh, they're going to do something about that. Again, I think that's a big part of this policy that I would characterize Trump's policy as a mixture of demagogery and democrat economics.
Speaker 6: What do you think, Well, there's a lot of demagoguery I'm not sure what Blackrock had to do with the derivatives market in the financial crisis, right. They were just a passive asset manager that had very little fingerprints around all that. There's a lot people could criticize Blackrock for. There's certain things they could complement Blackrock for. I have a pretty thoughtful take on the good, bad, and ugly of black Rock, but they have almost nothing to do with housing.
Speaker 8: But the Blackstone is a larger.
Speaker 6: I don't blame people for getting black Rock and Blackstone mixed up.
Speaker 8: That's easy enough mistake to make.
Speaker 6: I do, however, blame people for still holding on to the class warfare narrative when it has been corrected, when it has been pointed out, Hey, we're not talking about Blackrock, guys, We're talking about Blackstone.
Speaker 8: But the demagoguery is too important to them to let go of.
Speaker 6: I want to hold onto truthful narratives when we critique public policy, and I don't like seeing my friends on the right hold on to untruthful narratives just because it fits a demagogaery that has become baked in the cake.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I've said many times the Republicans are the Democrats of my youth, and the Democrats are the Marxists of my youth. We have drifted in that direction on both sides, and so it is kind of interesting the as I said, and the demogoguery as well as the Democrat policies. And you point out in your op ed piece about how this sounds like Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warre even.
Speaker 6: Trump by the way, By the way, if I'm being fair here, some of it is not sound like them.
Speaker 8: It's literally them.
Speaker 6: It was, you know, banning institutional ownership of homes, limiting credit card fees. That was actual legislation that these two socialist senators wrote.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, you know, I think that there is something to say about usury laws. I think that was something that served us well as a society in the past. I think there's been a huge imbalance in terms of what they actually have to pay to get their money from the Fed or whatever, and what they charge people. I think we've gotten into loan shark territory there. So I'm kind of sympathetic to putting something on about usury. But of course what Trump is talking about is a one year moratorium on it, and to me, that is no different than a kind of a come on rate to get you to switch your credit card company that we've seen over and over in one year moretorium on lowering the rates really doesn't do much to help. You can actually get a better deal than that with changing credit card companies.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't believe that the credit card companies have anything to do with usury laws biblically defined. I mean the concept of not having exorbitive interest, but in terms of usury being a personal law with one's neighbor who is destitute and hard up and not taking advantage of them for commercial purposes. Credit cards the interest cost is zero when you pay your bill every month. This is revolving and non purpose credit that one lender in America has seven billion dollars of bad debt write downs per year because this is totally unsecured lending. And so the cost of credit cards to low income and new borrowers or maybe people with troubled credit past, the cost of it has to factor in just for one bank seven billion dollars of people that don't pay their credit card bill back. So another party, Hey, my problem is if I'm afraid of usury, which it sounds like you and I both are. I believe this creates a lot more usury because when the bank stop generating credit cards because they're going to lose money, their net profit on the credit card business is somewhere between seven and nine percent when they when they then say okay, well now we can't charge more than ten percent, and we're going to lose seven billion dollars on bad borrowers. So we're just not going to extend credit cards to a whole segment of the population that needs them for building credit, for expenditures, for medical emergencies.
Speaker 8: What have you. Where are those people going to go.
Speaker 6: They're going to go to real loan sharks, to ayday lenders, to other higher cost, higher usury expenditures. So that's why I opposed it when Bernie Sanders wrote this bill last year. And while I want to see cost of credit be proportionate, there's one thing that really does hold the credit card companies in line, and that is the competition. But what President Trump's trying to do is eliminate competition and make everybody charge the same amount.
Speaker 8: That's not going to help.
Speaker 2: No, Yes, I would argue, though I would say one more thing. I'd say, if they've got that big a bad debt issue. As you point out, maybe they're not doing due diligence when the makes ten credit, so maybe that.
Speaker 8: Should be a prodigence on first time home.
Speaker 6: On credit card borers, they have no assets and often no income and no credit, so the due diligence means not giving them credit, and society hates that even more. It's a risky form of credit and what they do to pay for it pay for the lack of due diligence because this is not like a home underwriting when you're looking at income verification and you have an underlying asset.
Speaker 8: You can repossess.
Speaker 6: What they do is they charged twenty percent because they're going to recover the bad debt from good payers with a higher interest rate. That's the business model. And if you take away that, then you can say, hey, we are going to have to do harder underwriting, and that means we're not going to give about two million of.
Speaker 8: You credit cards.
Speaker 2: There's trade offs right now when you look at some of the other policies of Donald Trump in terms of economics. She wrote an op ed piece for the National Review and it was titled the saddest part of this recent economic lunacy. What is the economic lunacy in your view, and what is the statust part of it?
Speaker 6: Well, in that particular article, it was all in about a four day period, I believe, where the President announced and I'm going to say some really great economic things that the President has done and hopefully will do. But what I was referring to there was the ban on institutional ownership, already talked my opinions on credit card interest caps that we've already talked about, that I'm going to make Fanny and freddie Go buy two hundred billion dollars of mortgage bonds to try to manipulate interest rates, and then saying I'm going to tell our defense companies that they can't return capital to shareholders. So our private companies like Lockheed Martin and Raytheon and Boeing, that we're not going to allow them to reward investors with dividends and stock buybacks, where As if somehow we're going to maintain our superiority and as a defense industry, if we can't attract capital, and what causes you to not attract capital is treating capital poorly. So he had all four of those ideas in about a five day period. I wrote an article at National Review criticizing all of it, and yet right now I hear that the White House is very seriously considering indexing capital gains on primary residents to inflation. That's a brilliant idea. That's a side that will enable people that want to sell a home but are holding it because the tax burden. A tremendous tax relief that incentivizes a natural flow of activity that creates new available inventory in the housing market. He in his first term reduced the corporate income tax from thirty five percent to twenty one percent in the Big Beautiful Bill Act last year, which had plenty of things in it I didn't like, and plenty of things they didn't do enough. They didn't cut spending enough, in my opinion, But it has supply side tax deductions to incentivize more business investment, full expensing, bonus appreciation deduction.
Speaker 8: For research and development. So there.
Speaker 6: I'm not a constant critic of the president's economic agenda, but I do want to call it out when some of the good things in his economic agenda are going to be impeded by the bad things in the economic agenda. And where it comes from is impatience. It's the same thing that caused Kamala Hair or Elizabeth Warren to come up with these ideas, the belief that government needs to do something.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 6: Most of the time when government does something now, they make it worse, not better.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, and you talk about that, you talk about human action, human freedom, You talk about some of the Austrian eco economists like Mesas and Hyak and so forth. The knowledge problem and I've always said that about centralized control and centralized planning. Even the smartest person doesn't have sufficient information to make these decisions like the marketplace does. Is kind of the invisible hand that is there. And yet do you think that they will use the idea of artificial intelligence to attack that knowledge problem? In other words, saying well, we can sort through massive amounts of information as they can with AI, they can go through and do audits of individuals and a lot of things like that, to organize and find the needle in the haystack, and then try to make that argument that we ought to let government do it with their artificial intelligence. How do you see that breaking out?
Speaker 6: If people don't fight back against this, they have no idea what kind of tyranny and statism is coming. I agree because the notion that all we're talking about the knowledge problem means they don't know what questions to ask, They don't know time and place circumstances, They don't know the immediate context the way a person who runs a trucking company in Nebraska knows or a bakery in Des Moines, Iowa, that they have local access and thought process and history and whatnot at a very imminent proximate level. That those are the decision make factors that matter most and what we do that Washington, C.
Speaker 8: Can never have the idea that AI is going to give the government the ability.
Speaker 6: To do it in a better way than that humans using their own language learning models, and then the application from that knowledge that you could say, well, AI gave us more information, so we may as well let the information go to bureaucrats in Washington, d C.
Speaker 8: Because they're really smart. Even if they.
Speaker 6: Get the information because of AI, that doesn't solve high X knowledge problems to what they do with that information. Context you guys to one's own individual, family, business, community, etc. Buying into that argument is an invitation for statist tyranny.
Speaker 2: I agree, and I'm very concerned about the AI initiative. That's one of the things that concerns me so much, the Genesis Act and clearing the clearing the decks for AI to go basically unregulated for ten years. Because there's a great deal of harm that can be done by AI by the government, there needs to be a regulation of the government's use for AI, I think, and that's one of the things that really concerns me a great deal. We've talked about a lot of different things, and I really do appreciate your perspective on it, David, and very interesting and I enjoy reading your articles. I have not read your book yet, but I'm looking forward to doing that at some point in time. I think we all need to get back to human interaction and the importance of person to person interactions, the family and the community and other things like that. And I think all this the new technology is being thrown at us. The rapidly increasing change is naturally pushing us away unless we fight against that tide. And I think it's important for us to understand where we're being, where we're drifting to. I used to go to Daytona Beach a lot with my family, and you could get pulled out with the undertowe not really realize how far you are out until the lifeguard whistled you in, And so trying to act like a lifeguard and whistle people in from this drift that is taking us out to see. And I think you've got your finger on the pulse of this. We have to get back to our interaction and our families and our relationship with God. That's very true. Thank you so much, amen.
Speaker 6: I appreciate your kind words, and I agree with you completely, and I think it's.
Speaker 8: A great analogy.
Speaker 6: We don't want to get pulled away without realizing we're getting pulled away. And yet also one of the greatest agents for change here is going to be us modeling the right behavior people. The society is not going to change if we're not changing, if we're not doing the right things.
Speaker 2: Yes, it starts with each and every one of us, and then it goes out like a pebble being dropped in a pond. You know that you get things right with yourself as much as you can, and that's going to move out to your family, your community. It's really got to come from the bottom up. It's going to happen one person at a time. We're in agreement on that as well. Thank you so much. David Monson at the Bonson Group.
Speaker 6: You have a website, yeah, so a Dividendcafe dot com is the easiest one to remember. That way, people don't have to spell anything tricky like Bonson given in cafe dot com. Plenty of my economic writing and investment writing and information there, and then for those that are interested, bonson dot com is where all of my other material, theology, politics, all that fun stuff can be found.
Speaker 2: Great, and I'll spell it for him. B A h s E N so h n s e s oh. Okay, there you go. See you just illustrated. The point for us.
Speaker 8: That's right.
Speaker 2: I did it for you.
Speaker 8: Is God gave me a lass name that is easy to find on Google.
Speaker 6: But the bad news is he gave me a last name that it has to be spelled on radio.
Speaker 2: That's right. Thank you so much, David, appreciate that. Have a good doc.
Speaker 8: Thank you.
Speaker 2: The common man they created common Core, dumbed down our children. They created common past track and control us. They're Commons project to make sure the commoners own nothing and the communist future. They see the common man as simple unsophisticated, ordinary. But each of us has worth and dignity created in the image of God. That is what we have in common. That is what they want to take away. Their most powerful weapons are isolation, deception, intimidation. They desire to know everything about us, while they hide everything from us. It's time to turn that around and expose what they want to hide. Please share the information and links you'll find at the davidknightshow dot com. Thank you for listening, Thank you for sharing. If you can't support us financially, please keep us in your prayers. Ddavidknightshow dot com
Speaker 3: Sti