Speaker 1: Clutching the hallway, stains on the sheets.
Speaker 2: They call it care.
Speaker 3: It's just cool, creepy.
Speaker 1: D often nice tuting cracks.
Speaker 4: In the sealing, rust down the rail.
Speaker 1: Nursis numb fool the scream sat fool the bests. My thoughts out the danger on a shot on a Fato say welcome to dem horble carnation on Caspere sad.
Speaker 2: The James, the Lord and the fact.
Speaker 4: Glasileus orphan grace overing of chemical rad I'm a prisoners still knows my name, still knows my name?
Speaker 5: Hi, and welcome back to another episode of Deplorable Nation. I'm your host, Deplorable Janna and today, ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, people of all ages, sheep, sizes and colors. We are back for another exciting, fabulous news series for the month of February and today, ladies and gentlemen, you will not be disappointed, because holy and Molly is there's some stuff. So welcome back to my beautiful, talented, one of a kind treasure trove of information. Miss Heidi. How are you?
Speaker 3: I am good HEIGHTI love of the unfiltered rise, happy to be here always with my friend Janet, and she's just amazing from deplorable nations. So in case you guys are watching online, that's who she is and she is amazing, So don't don't let her wonderful introduction delay from what she is as well. She's all those things in a bag of chips. We're twins, she's got that, she's got that some SaaS. We're sassy girls just a little bit. That's what we are exactly.
Speaker 5: But this shit, we would be very different if we didn't have the SaaS, right, so.
Speaker 2: It would way to get it out of us. If we were back in the day.
Speaker 5: Maybe that is probably true, we would probably be the patients. And what we're going to talk about today, so ladies and gentlemen, yeah, today we are talking about committed life inside the asylums. So it's going to get deep and dark and kind of creepy and oh, I might have a side tangent later on when we get into the medications. So, uh oh, what is an asylum? And what when? Where they developed? What happened all of that kind of stuff. So, historically speaking, asylums were meant to be a refuge or a quote unquote safe place, sanctuary, et cetera, not a prison. So it was ideally at the time a safe place for mentally ill people.
Speaker 3: However, can you see this picture? Okay, I can't follow different. I had to do it different today because the images.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's some there's some stuff not gonna lie.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So yes, early institutions. One of the first was in medieval Europe and it was called the Tolhauser like toll house cookies were fools houses. They existed, but they were rudimentary, they were very it was very early days type thing mentioned. This was on the last episode we did. The Bethel Royal or Bethleem Royal Hospital or aka Bedlam in London is one of the earliest known institutions for the mentally ill roots as far back as the thirteenth century, so uber long time ago. But this place kind of also could have fit into our sideshow series because this Bethlehem hospital was also very famous for putting their patients on display.
Speaker 2: Yes, and these are going to be able.
Speaker 5: To come and come and look at the oddities.
Speaker 3: So this is a little pick of it, but there'll be some weirdness in between me pulling them up because of course they're not in order and they're weird.
Speaker 2: So here's that thought.
Speaker 5: That that happens. Thanks Jim for your assistance over there with that Grey liter agency.
Speaker 2: It's so annoying, man.
Speaker 5: So the very first place in the United States was in Boston. It was the Boston's All the House and it was back at night or seventeen twenty nine. And the first dedicated psycheatric hospital was in Williamsburg, Virginia in seventeen seventy three. So Europe was putting people away a long before they started doing it here. So yeah, originally they were deemed mad houses before any kind of formal state run type asylums came on the scene. So these were privately owned, privately funded, and zero regulations. What would possibly go wrong? But then again, what could go wrong happen with regulations because you know, just saying anytime the government's involved in any kind of regulation, there's something going on. So yeah, what could you find condition wise inside of the earlies asylums? We're going to get into that, like in great deal of detail later on. But frequently people were restrained with chains or straight jackets, or fed rotting food things like that, kept in really cold, dark, overcrowded spaces. A lot of times people were sleeping on the floor, so no beds, no, nothing like that, and they would keep them in dark, which we'll get into a lot more detail later on. Yeah, so places like this were more kind of like a warehouse or prison than a quote unquote hospital, you know, things to be today in society.
Speaker 2: It's sad the way they treated these people.
Speaker 5: So that Bethlem place, like I said, became a very famous tourist attraction because people paid to come and see people chained the wall or wearing a collar or all the things that they would do. So there's books, there's accounts that have been written about this all the way back in the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries, and they were talking about these really cold rooms where they would have to sleep on beds of straw, whippings, beating, forced feeding, blood letting, rituals. Kind of we touched on that a little bit. Induced to vomiting. How pleasant would that be?
Speaker 2: I love those oldnature Here you are with your throwing up.
Speaker 5: It's kind of it's kind of disturbing, which, like I said, in a little while, we're going to get deeper into the things that they did to these people. It's kind of disturbing. So hopefully people that are listening or watching don't have a weak stomach or spooky. We're not trying to induce vomiting. I'm just yeah, we definitely are not. But these cultures, while not a fan of vomiting. So early asylums were like a tool for population control, uh, labor camps because a lot of facilities that we'll talk about later on used people to work in factories and warehouses and stuff like that, so it's free labor, and they forced them to do so, and so they were kind of like storage facilities for the quote unquote undesirables. Show what could that possibly mean for a family that had somebody like I don't know me, for say, who's outspoken and independent and you know, whatever the case may be, somebody's that's a little slow or you know, has ms or whatever the case may be, or maybe they just have the wrong skin color, the wrong genetics or any of that kind of stuff. Those were all people that they would use.
Speaker 3: As orphans, Yes, orphans, words of the court, words of the state, which continued once you're labeled with this, I was a ward of the court, and it follows you throughout your life. Every application for college, every and I'm not saying that it didn't help me at times, but it's it's weird.
Speaker 5: It's a little weird, and that's our society these days. You have to have a label that you can slap on everyone to make them feel less than. So what did that do to your self esteem and your sucking when you were grown up where you constantly have to put that on applications?
Speaker 2: Oh you feel like dirt.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you feel you know, unwanted, which is it's just a complete re.
Speaker 2: Reminder, you know, commatization. And it wasn't the case for me.
Speaker 3: I know it's a case for a lot of people, but my mom, you know, was in a situation at that time because she was ill, and my grandma did take me, but they made this whole, big, weird situation to get me to my grandma's. It was like way more money to adopt, and so yeah, it was easier and that was why it happened.
Speaker 2: But at the same time, you feel some kind of way.
Speaker 5: So it's crazy to me that they're like, well, we know we have you have family that are going to take care of you now while your mom's sick and recovering. Yeah, but we're gonna make you a ward of the court or ward of the state before you could go live with your grandmother.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: Like instead of just saying, oh, okay, that seems like a good plan.
Speaker 5: It's somebody trying to get greased palms in a situation. What was the point behind that?
Speaker 3: There was some money there? I think maybe my grandma, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know the real story.
Speaker 3: I do know she just was like, it's way more money to do it the other way. So I think they pay a certain stipends, so to speak, rewards.
Speaker 2: Of the court.
Speaker 5: Interesting, So talking about who who was admitted to these facilities and why, people who had unmanaged depression or the melancholia. Right, you're you're said I didn't, so they labeled you with melancholi. People that had epilepsy, so seizure activity, uh, tuberculosis, addiction problems. Hello, like a lot of people nowadays, you'd all be in the cuckoo house with them.
Speaker 3: You have to see this ad for tuberculosis, Like, is this grandma? I'm just curious, are they shoving grandma outside or is this old man winter? I'm not really sure.
Speaker 5: I'm not sure what that is. It kind of looks like a lady that he's shoving outside and.
Speaker 2: I think he's shoving grandma outside.
Speaker 5: And across the red Cross and it says the title says the next to go. And so this man is standing there shoving this person out the door, and the Yeah, there's just like a wife and a child watching and a nurse fight tuberculosis. Red crap.
Speaker 3: Kid looks traumatizing like grandma.
Speaker 5: This gives new meaning to shoving grandma off the cliff. Right. Oh, literally, they're outside in the snow.
Speaker 2: Grandma, damn your grandma.
Speaker 3: Geez.
Speaker 5: So it's this Also, people who were admitted this would be my age group of people, women in menopause right because of hysteria, uh, for menstrual issues. Uh so hello ladies with periods. Uh, you could be in there as well.
Speaker 3: And I do endorse this ad Don't kiss bait on the mouth, Yeah, no, just keep your dirty mouth off the baby's face.
Speaker 5: Well that's kind of like having a French kiss with a dog, yeah, because you don't know where that tongue has been. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: It's just and I know everybody's gonna be like dog's mouths are cleaned.
Speaker 2: Listen. I don't care he eats, poops sometimes.
Speaker 5: Exactly or other things just say yeah. So, early institutions like the Athens Lunatic Asylum here in the United States recorded actually cases of people with epilepsy, menopause, alcoholism, or just you're sick, like generally ill health as the type of patients that they would commit.
Speaker 3: My favorite one once you commit the cascibators. Yeah, my favorite ones are the masturbaders. Yeah, yes, you're gonna You're gonna die.
Speaker 5: We're gonna. We're gonna get into that in a while too, because holy moly, so people that they considered mentally ill or uh of poor health or whatever back in the day definitely is not the same as as today and what we see people you could go for bizarre behavior. Uh, you can have the bizarre behavior literally if a bug crawls in your ear, because it upsets your balance, it upset your hearing, and it makes people a little crazy, naked, weird noises and stuff. Guess what you would be in the asylum too.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 5: Also people uh that were in poverty or an ability to support themselves. So homeless people, poor people, Uh, refusing to obey your spell house.
Speaker 2: You don't say.
Speaker 5: So how many people do you know that would be committed for not obeying your spouse or for questioning your spouse. That could be a problem too, and so those those were a big deal. And so for the men, veterans were a big class of people that were committed to the asylums. Of course, alcoholics, homeless, political agitators. I think they would like, yeah, I think they would throw a whole bunch of people in there these days. Or men who refused labor or authority could also be admitted. So women were the postpartum depression, menopause, and fertile women. So if you can't have a baby, you were thrown in the asylum as well well. Refused to your husband sexual activity outside the marriage. So if you're a you're gonna be in theater, let's just say. Or if you were a woman who reported abuse, so your husband beat you and you reported it, you were also thrown in the patty it's.
Speaker 3: Your problem too, Okay, the patty wagon is coming for you.
Speaker 5: So in the children category, we have any children with disabilities, bed weddings, So if you have pee in your bed from trauma or nightmares, or if you're uh, even a lady who has had children before, and your muscles are weakened, and you steeze and peek off and pee hello Patty Wagon. Kids who were quote unquote feeble minded got put in there autism before the actual terminology came out. Poor or elderly people. So anyone with dementia or sinality or cognitive decline, poverty, family inconvenience, any of those things, or if you were socially non compliant, those were all people thrown into the.
Speaker 3: Again with the non compliance, we're here.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, we would be in deep doo doo on so many different levels. So here we get into the early treatments and experiments. So straight jackets, chains and physical restraints were common. They believed that these balanced the bodily humor, but these also led to bloodletting or cold bathing and purging for people so induced vomiting. So late nineteenth century sedatives like morphine and bromides were used. Some pathologists catalogued organs and conducted post mortem research on people that died in the asylums because they wanted a better insight into mental illness or not even mental illness, as we saw about the people that were actually admitted. So a lot of times procedures were performed on people that were patients or whatever without any evidence of benefit. So early experimentation, hello, early trials and things like that, and so you know, we're going to get deeper into those kind of things. But they had different reform movements to try to make changes to the conditions and the treatments of people and whatever. And so in the seventeen hundreds there was a Felipe panel from France that removed the chains from the patients and advocated for more humane treatment. However, treatment would still persist because even though it's one person's idea that maybe we shouldn't put a chain around somebody's wrists and ankles and chain them to a wall in a cold, dark room and not feed them, they still did it anyway.
Speaker 3: You mean that gave them melancholia.
Speaker 5: They could definitely have food. I'm just saying if you were chained up in a really cold place and you had to sleep on straw, which hello, that would be uncomfortable too, Uh, you might get the melancholia.
Speaker 3: What if you were allergic, What if you just missed your kids? What if a million trillion things?
Speaker 5: Uh huh, one hundred percent. But if you had any kind of inkling of showing any sign of weakness on any level whatsoever, you were going to be there, Patsy, So you so bound. After the guy from France, there was another person from England. His name was William Tuke, and he was a Quaker who believed in the reform movement. They did.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 5: He founded the quote unquote York Retreat back in seventeen ninety six, and he believed in moral treatment of people, emphasizing kindness and routine, calm environments. Other movements happened where it was like no restraints and things like that. They had the Madhouses Act of seventeen seventy four that began to regulate private mad houses just in England idea, although enforcement was weak. Imagine that the government regulating something and not following.
Speaker 2: It didn't go good your things?
Speaker 5: Shocker, that's a shocker.
Speaker 2: Shocking. Well, I mean, was it really to.
Speaker 5: Help them or was it one hundred percent have to help them in there and see how much more money that we can make by selling them other stuff? So mar Drugs House Act. Then they had the Lunacy Act of eighteen forty five. And these are real, real things.
Speaker 2: I'm putting them up though they can see. Yes.
Speaker 5: So in eighteen forty five it recognized that the mentally ill as patients and sought to regulate care, and so the decline in traditional asylums in the historical sense decreased. But that's when the government got involved. Things started getting even a little bit while yepped up all the way into the nineteen nineties. Hello, nineteen nineties, that's a long time to be like they forgot we maybe shouldn't be forcing people to vomit or training them to walls and stuff.
Speaker 3: But.
Speaker 5: You know, are bad.
Speaker 2: Sorry.
Speaker 5: So interesting thing is that a lot of the stuff and the you know, movements and the treatment, you know, we got to be more humane and more kind and whatever. Like I said, that stuff did not go away. It didn't.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 5: They were kind of think of it like this, How many times did we hear about HARP, the HARP program for weather modification and stuff? And then they're like, oh, I promise you, like it's not real or Operation Midnight or like a lot of these things. They're like, oh yeah, we don't you know, Oh yeah, this this meeting and we don't do that anymore. But they still do and literally to this day, they still run experimentation in facilities because guess what, those people can't consent, so they bite ass consent completely exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So the diagnostic labels and specific cases, and like I said, labels are a big part of our society. I talk about that literally all the time. Where melancholia came to be, that was a you know, a word that they coined, a term that they coined. Raving madness was another one. Violent frenzy, epilepsy, and seizures were often not called that they were lumped into the insanity category. So these were all terms that were coined thanks to the development of madhouses that still play a role in today's psychiatric treatment.
Speaker 2: This is a like sculpture one of these plays. I believe this one was a Bedlam And I'm like, can we be more unsympathetic.
Speaker 5: Right, and to charge the public admission to come in and see the people that you have chained up naked on the floor or like the picture that you showed in our last episode where they were blood letting someone on the floor. You know what I'm saying. Oh yeah, so, uh, there's been really well documented cases of people that were at Bedlam that you know, one of the most famous was John or James Norris. There's also Jean Henry Latude and Marcus Marquis de Sade. Those were two at different facilities. But you can actually read accounts from these people who were patients inside of these facilities and what they experienced and what they witnessed and whatever. Now they're lucky they got out.
Speaker 3: This is the first guy you mentioned, supposedly like a radition.
Speaker 5: James Norris, and so very oftentimes patients would get committed and then they would never ever be released. And you'll see why a lot of that happened here in a little bit. Could it have been medication related?
Speaker 2: How about how about all of the above.
Speaker 3: They were drinking a ton, all this crazy stuff and then they're like, huh, I wonder what's wrong with society?
Speaker 5: Yeah, And so, like I said, most of the people that got out that were able to their stories, good on them, because most people actually died when they were committed to asylums and they didn't have visitors. So it's like throwaway members of society where we just put them in there and left them literally forever, and whatever happened, what if to them?
Speaker 3: What if melancholia is just withdrawal because the drugs ran out, or their special syrup to have codeine and morphine and.
Speaker 2: Crazy shit in it. Like what if it was that?
Speaker 3: Because you see this happen time and time again with who rich people oh.
Speaker 5: Access one hundred percent or like during even the pandemic times, right when everything was shut down and people weren't supposed to go out and whatever, and you would see these celebrities right and posting videos and whatnot. Where they were they either looked like completely different people, like they had been road hard and put away with if you know what I'm saying, like seriously different facial features, bizarre behavior like all of that stuff. And people always used to joke that maybe they're adrenochrome.
Speaker 6: Like.
Speaker 5: Wasn't available during that time since everybody was supposed to be staying at home. So since we talked about like in the Archaic Apothecary episode, the last one that we did, and we talked about like all of the things that people were on and you know, the the cocaine and coke and literally all the potions and whatever, So could they have created their own problem? Absolutely, we do have something to people today. We put them on medications that change their chemical makeup of their brain. And then we're like, oh, maybe you're broken. Maybe we shouldn't admit you to the psych word for you know, for a whole that's quick. Sure, yeah, yeah, because you're a little crazy, you're not your normal self.
Speaker 2: That one didn't turn out so good.
Speaker 3: But oh well, what is the anatomy of melancholy? Like we said, I think it's withdrawal, to be honest.
Speaker 5: I think that you are probably very heading on a hot button topic right there, ding ding ding over the target bullseye.
Speaker 3: And then you go in this place and you're like, shit, I'm confined now I'm screwed.
Speaker 2: So then you're really depressed.
Speaker 5: Right and that becomes your reality is life inside the asylum. And so a lot of times, even if a patient may seem well enough to be released, it didn't happen. And why is that? Because a physician would have to sign off on your release papers like they do in modern time. Physicians are a little too busy, they don't have time. We get this. Physicians were paid per patient.
Speaker 2: Nice, so kind of them all to go home.
Speaker 5: Kind of like anytime the government is involved in schools and stuff, especially, what are they called like the specialty schools that they set up, they pay per head for child, so like during COVID times when they're enrollment dropped because they didn't have as many students, or if parents are pulling their children out of schools to homeschool them, that school loses out on tons of money. So same thing with the crazy words back in the day. They didn't want to let go of those dollars, and especially dollars from the government, right because even they're wink wink private facilities. Who do you think is funding them? I don't know, especially patients who like their family just dumped them off and never ever came back. They're not getting out a problem.
Speaker 2: Yeah you're a problem.
Speaker 5: Or the chronic label being applied to people blocked discharged permanently, and so if they had in your chart at any place where you were chronic, you were a resident permanently and they're lovely, beautiful dirt field facility, Yes, lovely. Patients who did improved were often kept anyway. They didn't let them go because again, hello money, or they kind of like the Pharmacia rebranded episode, they reclassified or re labeled them as something else even if they didn't qualify under that they would rebrand them under a new label to be able to keep them even longer. And then, oh my gosh, now we got to treat them for something they don't.
Speaker 3: Have unless you're on the third or fourth or fifth tier. Of course, the first and second tier they're going to be there a long time. But these these ones above, this isn't French, so I wanted to explain it, but it's just basically societal, you.
Speaker 2: Know, the way it is the.
Speaker 5: YEP and that was that was a big thing because they didn't want homeless people on the streets. They didn't want poor people on the streets, and so what better way to put them in asylum and force them into force labor, because if you refused, they're working in the laundries or a warehouse or a facility of any kind, and you refused, that's when you would get worse treatment than what you were already getting. And I can't imagine your treatment getting worse than sleeping in a cold room with no heat on the floor being chained to a wall.
Speaker 3: I thought this one was a good example of what you're saying, the trade in lunacy rightly, Like, oh okay, literally, these people became a commodity.
Speaker 5: Well, and that's funny that you said that, because even people that did get better, they wouldn't release them. They would trade them or transfer them to other facilities, and then that second facility would trade them someone back. So they always kept their numbers the same. So they were literally treating them like cattle, like numbered cattle, because it's more money for them, of course.
Speaker 3: So and meanwhile they're giving them shit like this, and they're out of their mind, and then you take it away and then.
Speaker 5: And then you wonder why they're having withdrawal symptoms exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so.
Speaker 5: Treatment in these facilities really reflects what they think about the underclass people, right, yes, And so it's more about segregation and control definitely not care. And so the purpose is to remove people from public view Exactlyeople that were in embarrassment to their family or you know, deviance. Right, Hello, I'd be in there again more. And so they weren't really people that needed treatment at all. It was just that they were deemed an underclass of a citizen. And so what what better way to like clean up society And.
Speaker 3: Here's a good way, here's a good way to clean up society.
Speaker 5: Well, this is this is part of one of the treatments that they talk about. And so the medical theories at the time believed that we had a humor imbalance. And I don't mean humor as in funny. It's now what you would call your oh my gosh, I just had a brain fart.
Speaker 2: Homeostatasis.
Speaker 5: So back in the day, they called it a humor imbalance.
Speaker 2: And so humor imbalances today, I have news for people.
Speaker 5: That is very true. But that's because people have no sense of humor anymore, a real sense of humor. So along with the humor imbalance, which is what is making people quote unquote crazy, they also believe that people had to excess blood and that is what causes their madness or uh, way right, it's me because I'm too bloody. And so that's where the blood letting came into play, because they thought that people had too much blood and that's what would make them crazy. So vomit inducing drugs were giving to people because they thought that you could vomit out the bad m Okay, what could possibly go wrong?
Speaker 3: I don't know, but if they were doing this to me, I would I would be concerned.
Speaker 2: I let's have your arms.
Speaker 5: Let me see your arm, right, let's let me get into a bowl.
Speaker 2: But here's my question.
Speaker 3: With all the talk of vampires back then, and I know people are going to think this is a little wu but look, I'm not saying real vampires. I mean I am, but we're talking about coult stuff, like what a great way for them to get what they need?
Speaker 5: Well, and think about it in this aspect too, because I mentioned a dream of chrome earlier. So were these facilities away for them to set up their constant especially with the blood letting stuff of their constant flow of blood? Now right, this has not made up. This is the real thing. They're real documented in history where it's children or whatever, celebrities talk about drinking their partner's blood the whole nine yards. So are you off base at all? Absolutely not.
Speaker 3: I mean, I look, there's new Epstein files out about blood and Mormons, So I'm just saying shit is weird. And so whether or not people want to believe that, that's up to them. But here's their lovely tools for a janet. Oh yeah, what is that's blood letting tools? And I'm like, this doesn't look like the things I think I would have needed.
Speaker 2: Well, and how do you know what the keys are for?
Speaker 5: Well, and that's what I was looking at, or what exactly to keep it open a vein? I don't what's the box for.
Speaker 2: I don't even know? Said blood letting tools and they're all nasty.
Speaker 5: I'm like, okay, of course, because there was no sterilization and stuff. So if they if they cut their arms open to blood let you because you have hot, excess blood, too much blood, they're cutting you with a tool that they just used on somebody else or that's been on the dirty floor or whatever. So I wonder why not very many people actually got out of the asylums.
Speaker 3: Well, like, what kind of diseases are we talking here? And if somebody is hypothetically I'm just gonna say, hypothetically consuming it in one form or another.
Speaker 2: Whoa, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, and think about this too. We all have different blood types, right abo, and whether it's positive negative, all of that kind of stuff, And if you have a transfusion or anything, you have to worry about a cross reaction, right so they have to monitor you like every ten to fifteen minutes to make sure you're not reacting to blood. So if you are in that society where you want to partake of someone else's blood, would you not also need to be concerned about a cross reaction?
Speaker 3: These I guess are bladed knives. I had to look it up because I'm like, what the hell is this? And it's called a bloodstick to make the quick incision these wooden instruments, so those things are would.
Speaker 2: Also sounds like a bad plan.
Speaker 3: Also sounds like a bad plan, right, but it also it also makes me wonder with this new and people can go to my ex to check out these documents with this whole Stine blood thing is so weird. But you know, they were talking about getting it from Mormons in Utah and I'm like, well, seventy percent of people in Utah have oh blood, So therefore you would be safer than most other places.
Speaker 5: Because your universal donor.
Speaker 3: Yes, so only the negative and positive business is the matter of anything, and otherwise you're pretty safe.
Speaker 5: So yeah, yeah, well, I don't think I'm just gonna throw this out there. I don't think I want anybody, oh no blood, let me with a wooden.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't stick. Yeah, no, you're not interested?
Speaker 5: Yeah no, no, absolutely not. I think I'll definitely mean yes, definitely from the dirty instruments as well, just saying.
Speaker 2: How about how about the vomity? I swear this is just turned into ayahuasca.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry, and it's and and okay, so they're like, you got something bad inside of you, let's give you this stuff to make you vomit. I want to know what the hell did they do with the vomit of all the people that they were making vomit? And I know this is gross and somebody's going to lose their shit over this. However, a long time to read.
Speaker 2: The Epstein files if you don't want to hear this.
Speaker 5: I was going to say, a long time ago, Heidi and I did an episode about a specific facility where they were feeding people nuclear radiated oats Quaker oats to be exact, and so they could observe them and watch them. And in the same facility they were also giving people hepatitis to see like how they would react. So are are they reusing these people's vomit and feeding it back to them? Because there wasn't there wasn't a lot of food. They barely ever fed them. I'm sure they didn't spend obviously, because the facilities were very dark and dirty and no heat and all of that stuff. So I'm sure they didn't spend a lot of money on food.
Speaker 2: That brings a whole new meaning to the word gruel.
Speaker 5: Is that how it got its name. I'm just saying, I know that's gross for some people. But there wasn't sanitation back in the day like there is now, definitely not, so that had to go somewhere. I'm just saying, terrible. So why did they choose to experiment on the people that were locked away in these places? They didn't operate rate under ethical standards by any way, shape or form, and so people in these places were considered legally incompetent, so you couldn't possibly give consent on your own wards of the state. Or they could have been morally defective or expendable for medical advancement. That's how their families deemed them to be as medically, you know, as expendable, because they we don't like Aunt Lucy, so we're just going to lock our way in the cuckoo farm.
Speaker 3: And these are real people, like these are people that just got left.
Speaker 5: That's so sad, and so if you think about it, it's like the ideal population for them to run fucked up experiments on which, sweet baby Jesus, they have done this all throughout history on oh people, Okay, not just in the asylums, but other places that were also going to cover and and like I said, Heidi and I covered this a long time ago on a show specific places that did like crazy ass shit to people.
Speaker 2: Oh, and so.
Speaker 5: Experimentation back in the day they did like somatic and restraint based experiments, so prolonged uh, chaining and immobilization to observe quote unquote calming effects on people. And how that worked? Now, did they have the kind of chains where if you moved it makes it tighter?
Speaker 2: Well, I'll show you one guy.
Speaker 3: Here, let's see there's more blood, more blood, let fabulous.
Speaker 2: Uh, And here's some chained up people.
Speaker 3: And you just have to look at this and go, really, is this gonna make you vil any better?
Speaker 2: I'm just curious, right? And you box on your head, right?
Speaker 5: And how the okay? So this is traumatizing, right, and when you have right, when you have a trauma, does it not raise your heart rate and stuff?
Speaker 2: You know you're going to go?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 5: And so how long did they leave these people chained up or whatever.
Speaker 2: Long enough she has a potty thing to get.
Speaker 5: The quote unquote calming effect that they're looking for.
Speaker 3: Well, he's got a potty catcher, so long enough to ship yourself.
Speaker 5: He could be sitting there for a while. So another thing that they like to do to people is rotational therapy. This would absolutely and do vomiting for me without me.
Speaker 2: So they use this stick, I guess.
Speaker 5: Putting somebody in a spinning chair until either vomiting or unconsciousness.
Speaker 3: I would learn how to fake unconsciousness or learn to puke quick.
Speaker 5: I would absolutely because I I can't do like that kind of stuff like at all. It makes me very ill, and so I would probably puke like the second time around in the chair, just saying that's awful. That's some fucked up torture kind of shit. Sorry cuss words, but I'm just saying this stuff annoys me. Yeah, kind of like we talked about on a previous episode with the extended cold immersion therapy. So we go hours two days in tubs that were.
Speaker 2: To they're feeding them and everything in here.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so of course make them calm. And so have you ever sat in the bathtub before when the water got chilly, and they really leave them in there for hours or days.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 5: So I can imagine the risk of hypothermia was probably great. And then back in the day they didn't know how to treat hypothermia, so I can understand why a lot of patients would die from that.
Speaker 2: So there's another here's another spinny that's a.
Speaker 5: Real that's awful. I can't that'd be like being in a bird cage and just.
Speaker 2: On Life magazine like these are real? Yeah?
Speaker 5: And where? And the thing is you said that was a cover of Life magazine. How sick is our society that they're just so numb to that they see that and they're just like, oh, it's yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't know if you got down to the end of it. For women, if you were a crazy lady in the spinacherir, you got the cold douche before you got to go.
Speaker 2: Oh, hence the fluid there that is.
Speaker 5: And what did they use as the fluid?
Speaker 2: I don't even know, Probably some hepatitis.
Speaker 5: So not only did they do the chains and the restraints and the safe or straight jackets, and the rotational therapy and the cold therapy, but they and the blood letting. But they also used electrical experimentation on people. And so there's galvanic and ferotic, and so ferotic means alternating interrupted current, and then the other one is the galvanic means continuous direct current.
Speaker 6: And so.
Speaker 5: This was just to the head, the spine and the gentitles.
Speaker 2: Of course, you know, I.
Speaker 5: Have a fetish thing to say about that.
Speaker 2: But Mormons, the Mormon prophet Dellan A.
Speaker 3: Jokes actually gotten deep shit for trying to ungaye people by doing the same thing, hooking them up to electricity and their genitals and shocking them. And he's the current prophet of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints.
Speaker 5: One hundred percent, and so, uh, think about that, like different kinds of current being run through your gentitles. Hello men, and your volleyballs. This was to restore nervous tone, is what they said, or suppressed sexual behavior. No standardized dosing took effect, and the effects were only documented after they shocked the living day.
Speaker 2: It's out of people, tell you yourself, probably.
Speaker 5: And so this is what gave them the fantastic idea to start using shock electroshock therapy on people to try to normalize their behavior. Make normal, just saying, so how about this? Uh, Chemical and drug trials were also conducted in all of the facilities, again because the patients cannot consent and they're confined and they can't go anywhere, and so it's basically like putting a snake in a cage with a mouse and observing, and that is exactly what they do with these.
Speaker 3: Well, and if it made you high, wouldn't you rather be high if you were stuck in there, because I would, I just I would like to be high.
Speaker 2: But I'm just.
Speaker 5: Saying one hundred percent. So we're going to get deeper into the drug stuff, but I want to go over some other experimentation before we get into the drugs. Gynecological experimentation on women was a big, big deal. So, like you said earlier, women that were considered to be hysterical, or you got this underwear menopause whatever, if you're.
Speaker 3: A chronic masturbator, you get this lovely outfit here so you can't get to the business. And it looks almost like Marmon garments, which made me laugh.
Speaker 5: It's absolutely does. That's the first thing that it sparked my attention.
Speaker 2: But the genitals are locked up. You guys.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you can see there's extra padding and stuff.
Speaker 5: And since the first chastity belts were developed in the insane asylums, because chastity belts, you would be locked up like that as well, so you could not lose your virginity.
Speaker 2: So here's the men if you want to touch yourself and your dude mm hmm.
Speaker 5: With with the chicky dos, forced pelvic examinations. Uh, removing the clip completely. Show the other cultures that we've talked about on the show before that do that and do genital mutilation to take away your pleasure center. They were doing these in the asylums.
Speaker 3: They considered it was it was going to kill you. It was self abuse. I barely got these photos. It flagged it like four times.
Speaker 5: And it was like, oh, it's searching out violence and whatever.
Speaker 3: Anybody ever says some stuff about my phone. This is probably the program they were but anyway, whatever.
Speaker 2: But it won't let you look it.
Speaker 3: And it also said that they were terrified you were going to become a lesbian.
Speaker 5: Yeah, don't have to worry about that. Literally just investigating for a show.
Speaker 3: So no on this they literally said, if you were gonna have chronic masturbation. You were going to be a lesbian And I'm like, because men didn't know how, that's my guess.
Speaker 5: Alrighty, then well.
Speaker 3: I was hysterically funny to read some of this not funny? What happened to the people?
Speaker 5: No, I don't. Along with removing their cleatoris they would also do an oupherectomy, which is removing your ovaries.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 5: And they thought that was to cure insanity because women and ovaries and you just equates to hysteria and stuff.
Speaker 2: So I have to tell a tiny story about my family.
Speaker 3: Because it's sad and it gets buried in time, and I think it's some real horseshit.
Speaker 2: So my aunt and her.
Speaker 3: Husband were a little too related, because everybody became so related with polygamy that they didn't know. They were like, it wasn't like they married their brother's sir, because they thought, no, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 5: This was like, it's because you lily lost track of your family tree.
Speaker 3: Yes, and all the family trees were very similar, and it was so bad for a while. And so my aunt got married and they didn't know, and they had some kids and they got one really great one and not that it's defective or not great.
Speaker 2: I'm talking about mentally.
Speaker 3: One really smart kid, one kid that was a little slow, and then they had a very slow daughter that needed a hospitalization and stuff in it intermntly through her life. But my aunt wanted to raise them and be a good mother and keep them with her. And so her oldest child that was high functioning, he got hit by car. And this is that long ago, I would say, this is the early fifties, and that brought CPS or whatever it was back in the day out there to their home because he got hit by car, which it was just a random accident, and so they came in and saw the other two kids were not high functioning, and they took them away. And there was this huge eugenics thing that happened in Utah that people don't understand. Doctor George E.
Speaker 2: Hyde.
Speaker 3: Okay, for anybody that's a Mormon, Orson Hyde was hugely important. He was one of the top people and the founders of the church. So you know, his son gets really involved in this whole eugenics program, and Utah was one of the top people participating in for sterilization. So they took these kids away from my aunt they were like maybe like nine to twelve or something. They were a little broken before they went. When they came home. My one, he was he was fairly functional, you know, he was just a tiny bit slow, like he wasn't he was functional, okay. When he came home, they had sterilized him, sterilized her, and all these horrible things to him, and they were never okay ever again.
Speaker 5: And I want to know, what in the world is it about Utah? Because like that show that we did together before, we talked about uh eugenics colonies in Utah, you guys are the pilot program for AI prescription. You're on the pilot test grounds for AI.
Speaker 2: Doctors and for weather modification.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so what what is it about Utall?
Speaker 3: I wished I knew, but I can tell you it's something, and I'm assuming I do know, which is their alignment with the government and their alignment with shady characters throughout time clear back to the Mayflower By the way, people, this is not a new thing.
Speaker 2: And these families, you know.
Speaker 3: Most of the Mormon hierarchy is first family Mayflower people. And so if you didn't know that, you should know that because it's important and this blood that they seek this holy Grail business, which if you guys don't realize, you got to go check out my shows.
Speaker 2: But it is seriously sad what they've.
Speaker 3: Done to a lot of people here in the sake of saving you. My aunt had to fight. If she wasn't most people gave up and just let the asylum have them forever. Like you said, my aunt went to court and went to court, and they didn't have money, and she did it anyway, and she got her kids back. But by the time she got her kids back, they were mutilated down there, so and.
Speaker 5: Perfect aligning with eugenics because they don't want slower people repopulating. Nope, covered that on your shirt episode. But that's another part of this is the eugenics operation that they were doing in these asylums with the for sterilization, hormone manipulation, surgical calming procedures, so removing the hysteria, removing the male components, or they would run nutritional deprivation studies. So if we deprived you of food and water, how fast could it kill you to get rid of you? Well, and look at this they think about our manipulation of our Look.
Speaker 3: At this is from Time magazine you guys, this isn't cuckoo cut chow thing. This is from this is in nineteen forty six.
Speaker 5: Well, and like I said, these kind of things were going on until the nineteen nineties, and a lot of places. How do you let it.
Speaker 6: Go on that long and not how do you how do you be a doctor or nurse here or a flora scrubber and not leave and say this is not okay, something is wrong.
Speaker 5: Like I would go straight to a journal.
Speaker 2: I would make a stand.
Speaker 5: There have been stories and I can't remember what the woman's name is, but she had heard about the asylums and how awful they treated patients and whatnot, so she thought she would go undercover as a jewel. I did see a facility and I can't. I cannot, for the life of me remember what her name was.
Speaker 2: She spent ten days in there. I remember that. I can't remember.
Speaker 5: And so there, you know, and it's like trying really hard to keep her in the facility and all of that stuff. They don't want the information to get out about these places, or even if they did, Like I said, there are a lot of them government funded, government ran and so the government's like, well, we can't you know, we're.
Speaker 3: Not going to Nellie Blygh is her name, and that was in eighteen eighty seven. She went undercover at the Blackwell Island Insane Asylum in New York to expose horrific abuse for ten days.
Speaker 5: There was actually a movie about that that I saw.
Speaker 2: Ten Days in a Madhouse is what it was.
Speaker 5: The book anyway, But it's like, would the government want to lose their funding? Would they want so? Did they block journalists from coming in? Did they discourage family members if there was family members to still visit because they don't want to lose their experimentation population and they don't want to lose their money funnel.
Speaker 3: I think this one shows it pretty good, like, Okay, we've got the people on the floor clearly working on the situation, but we've got the fancy rich people there, we've got the little shady character, we've got a magician.
Speaker 2: I felt like this one was really a good.
Speaker 3: Representation of probably what the majority was doing, which was just watching, just like now, when everybody sees some horrific thing happen, they just all get out of their phones.
Speaker 2: What the f is wrong with you that you didn't intervene? I would probably go to jail because I would intervene me.
Speaker 5: Too, one hundred percent. But we're so enamored with like show and tell, right, Oh my god, I can't wait to video this to like show her my friends or post on social media. As you're watching somebody get murdered or baiting to death or whatever and you're not doing anything about it.
Speaker 2: Horrific.
Speaker 3: I understand videoing for documentation, but somebody needs to stop the act.
Speaker 2: Everybody doesn't need to do that. Come on, draft out the video. Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 5: So technically speaking, yes, you could leave an asylum. But did people very often get out? No, they did it, and like I said, it's because they don't want to let their cash cowgo. They don't want to let those things out in the public. They don't want that expose from the newspapers and all of that kind of stuff. Now what is this that we're looking at here?
Speaker 3: Oh, I just threw this one up because you're talking about the horrors of it. This one is about pitch black rooms and isolation.
Speaker 2: I'm assuming this.
Speaker 3: Is, you know, the early MKA altering of people that this was a big Pian treatment.
Speaker 5: So this was from the Daily Chronicle in London back in eighteen eighty five and it says Victorian doctors lock patients and pitch black rooms. Tragic end for many. And it's still some time.
Speaker 2: Like they didn't know.
Speaker 5: Yeah they right, Well, I'm saying if they can't get to a circus side show, where else would they get their entertainment from. If they couldn't go watch people change the walls and getting blood leaded or force vomited.
Speaker 3: Or getting your they are wondering why you're massurbating and they give you an electric course.
Speaker 5: So what I was going to say earlier about the fetish thing, I think that was the early day, since they were doing the electrouh torture of genitals and stuff like that, and like I said, they developed the electroshock therapy for the brain and stuff during the this time. I think this is also where the fetish community came in because they have electro torture that there's a whole group of people that enjoy like shocking the shit out of their genitals or somebody else's genitals or whatever. So is this where it started?
Speaker 3: Oh a hundred and there was like some crazy cures from doctors just FYI where they would perform if you were too prudish oral sex on women. Yep, I'm like what and then you get mad when she wants to touch it.
Speaker 5: You're the one I taught her, you din, she didn't even know and.
Speaker 2: Try to cook her rice over there. I don't know.
Speaker 5: And was that, uh, was that training that was being taught in medical schools to or really stimulate your patients or was that this decided on by a creepy group of doctors who were using that to get their rocks off basically by doing this to patients. And then were they in turn, the women that were part of this quote unquote treatment, were they then put in an asylum because a doctor did that to them and the woman was considered stepping out on her marriage.
Speaker 2: And and so you guys know they were they thought they.
Speaker 5: Trying to get more patients.
Speaker 3: They were making sure your womb didn't wander about your body, because it's elusive and it gets to wander all about. And so in ancient Greece in the nineteenth century, it was believed that your uterus could wander around, causing anxiety and mood swings oooh, and in omnia. Doctors thought that clearing the fluids out with an orchasm would return the uterus to its proper place, So pelvic massages or hysteria. I don't know that that would make me less hysterical. I'm just seeing or the oral fix, okay, was what they did.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so they were doing a literal little finger bang.
Speaker 2: A lot of it. I think I think it was.
Speaker 5: Rough stuffs if it would just stay where it's supposed to and so wander my butt, you.
Speaker 3: Know, yep, saying it's going up in your titties or wherever causing you insomnia.
Speaker 2: Uh, maybe it's because you are cool.
Speaker 3: It's the middle of the nineteenth century and your ass has a piss because you probably had a baby in the most horrific way.
Speaker 2: Who knows well?
Speaker 5: And like I said, was this purposely planned to get them more patience because the finger banging and the kind of lingus did not work, and they're like, oh, these women have to fix it, hysterical. We should the worse so we could remove their business.
Speaker 2: They're worse now, we can't fix it.
Speaker 5: Or did they or were they like a group like I said, of doctors that were thinking yeah, and they and they got away with it for how long?
Speaker 3: This was why the invention of the vibrator happened, ladies, So just up my eye on that one.
Speaker 2: They made that because maybe their tongues got tired.
Speaker 5: Well, they're working with electricity, so you know. Yeah, but I can imagine what the first ones would be like. They were probably hooked up to like a car batg oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I think they locked up the Marquis de Sade, right, this is him, and he was a kinky mofo, and I think they were like, so tell us about your craziness, and he's like, you want to hear my story?
Speaker 2: And then he told the kinky word.
Speaker 3: Doctors, and they're like, maybe we should try it.
Speaker 2: Sounds like he's up to something good. Let's write the.
Speaker 5: Exactly and and who knows, Like, well that could have opened up a whole new uh meaning for malpractice, right, but you said the word opened up? But yeah, well yeah, he's trying to open her up like a flowers what he was doing.
Speaker 2: And scary enough.
Speaker 3: Just you know, the whole reason why women give birth on their backs is because some king got off watching all that shit, Like come on, now, this is not normal. Like look, I'm not saying sex isn't normal. I'm just saying what they were doing to that extent was.
Speaker 5: Not normal will and laying on your back is not a normal position.
Speaker 2: There, it's so bad. Yeah, no, so none of this.
Speaker 5: Is I don't know. So because of all of this, doctors and their creepy ways, UH would refer to people as material, so you were kind of like they're belonging as cases instead of an individual or person as subjects or chronic stock.
Speaker 6: Yo.
Speaker 5: And so think about this. You're you're a woman that's prudish because you've been raised to to realize that you know, you shouldn't be keep it on low.
Speaker 2: Masturbation is going to kill you.
Speaker 5: Itly, you know what I mean. So that's your morals, your values, you were raised that way. And so then you have a doctor that is literally sexually assaulting you lially, so I could understand why a woman would probably be hysterical after that.
Speaker 3: Well, and some of the contraptions, like I couldn't download a bunch of them because it wouldn't.
Speaker 5: Freaking muney right because it's considered gore and violence.
Speaker 2: It was saying I was being a creeper basically.
Speaker 3: But some of the stuff they did to you guys too, pooh, but women for sure, Like like you were saying about the chastity belts, you know, the Somalian tribes, they take a stick and they put it up there and they sow the women shut with the stick in there, and then when they have to have sex, they cut it out and do it again and again and again repeatedly.
Speaker 6: Yep.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, it's a nightmare. It's just hamburger flat weird. I can't it was.
Speaker 3: I was like, what, how are we gonna get the baby out of there?
Speaker 2: And then the doctor was like, I'm just gonna reduce it. It's just me. That's not a reduction, it's an opening. But whatever, right, so open it. But the husband had to do it. It was like a whole situation.
Speaker 7: Right that that he was so pissed that he was like, no, nobody opens her up at me. And the doctor was like, we're not doing that. I don't know what you're doing, but we're not doing that.
Speaker 5: Right, Sorry that you don't have surgery credentialing to work in our facility.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no care, Oh my gosh.
Speaker 5: So, along with the other experiments that I talked about, a restraint restraint experimentation tested different kinds of restraint systems, and so iron collars were used versus leather collars, so they wanted to test neck erosion. Isn't that lovely versus compliance that is just looks leather to me.
Speaker 2: That has some screws on the side.
Speaker 5: So wrisked suspension versus ankle chaining upright restraints preventing sleep for behind, I don't collapse.
Speaker 2: I don't know what this man did, but.
Speaker 5: Holy shit, maybe he eats people and that's why he has.
Speaker 3: A This is like the story of had Alec had Silence of the Lambs.
Speaker 5: So I don't know that I would want them to upright restrain me so that I could never sleep. But that's the point. Cage beds designed to have one of the learned helplessness.
Speaker 2: I hope it's here. It's really straight.
Speaker 5: Was deliberately increased in length of time to observe psychological breakdown, submission and quieting of will Hullo to a stock institute anyway, Yeah, cage.
Speaker 3: If you don't make any noise. I have a cage bed and it didn't. If it didn't upload it, I'll upload it while we're chatting.
Speaker 5: In So isn't that nice that they they thought to be so thoughtful to do those kind of things. So who who in their right mind would go, you know what, I'm gonna put a cage on some patience and see if their neck will erode and fall apart it below?
Speaker 3: What are you lock you up to the point where you can't even breathe, move anything like what?
Speaker 5: And it said that it was common for them to keep patients restrained until they stopped resisting. So basically what that means is until they completely break your will, which what happens when you have no willpower you do whatever they want. And so how long did it take for some of those people to have their will broken to where they would just allow whatever anymore?
Speaker 3: Well? And honestly, like I get it, like you would be at that point where you're just like, fuck, man, I can't you know, I.
Speaker 5: Can't do this anymore because it's painful, Like if you're eroding my neck, you know, I'm just saying whatever.
Speaker 3: Well, and you're like, okay, I've seen like older shows that are real and they're like just stop fighting, and you're like, what, I don't know. Easier said than done, you know, because no matter if you do want to stop it or don't want to stop it. Like either way, if you're a certain kind of human being, you're you're programmed to.
Speaker 5: Like not just do right. So, uh, this was common especially and they called the chronic Did you find it?
Speaker 2: Oh, yeah, it's like a giant crib with a lid.
Speaker 5: It does look like a giant crib that they just lock them in.
Speaker 2: There, open and shut the top and lock it down like.
Speaker 5: It's like a box. It would be like a coffin that you were in time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that would freak me out.
Speaker 5: I wouldn't like yeah, because I mean and that would cause anxiety and hyper ventilation and all the things that would.
Speaker 3: And this one I'm as saying, I'm missing these ladies or guys or whatever are standing like this looks worse.
Speaker 5: That was that was the point. So along with all of these lovely things, they would run deprivation experiments, especially in chronic wards. So they would do food restrictions, uh, to reduce any kind of animal vitality that you have, so that animal instinct inside of you. They would cut off your food to make that stop isolation for weeks or months, so they would keep you by yourself completely sensory deprivation so we talked about the dark cells, padded rooms, anything like that, or enforced silence. And so doctors believed that madness was fueled by excess stimulation or desire, and so they if they could strip you of light and conversation and touch and all of the things, right, all of the comforts of home, clothing, identity, literally all that stuff, that you would start to comply again, breaking your will. And it said that a lot of the patients who went through the silence deprivation activities lost their speech completely because if you can't hear another human being and you can't hear yourself, your brain shuts that function off.
Speaker 2: Again, this is back to this one.
Speaker 5: So kind of like if you're if you're a coma patient and you've been in a coma for a really long time and you wake up, you have to relearn like how to speak or how to bathe or whatever, because your brain shuts all of that off as a defense mechanism keep you safe.
Speaker 2: Oh, so you're safe home, right, telling what they did.
Speaker 5: Yeah, one hundred and so also they would use hydrotherapy as controlled means of torture, and so ice baths last hours and so like hypothermia again would be an issue. I know people do ice bats and whatever to revitalize their system and stuff, but it's not meant to be for a prolonged extended period of time. You shouldn't do that very long because you can literally shut your body down like completely.
Speaker 3: Oh and this girl's face says that all these are the real pictures from Time magazine.
Speaker 2: Look at her face.
Speaker 5: Again, Time magazine, right magazine cover, And they don't care.
Speaker 3: They did a whole exposure on it. They were trying to actually they it was like hidden horror or something. They were actually trying. But that article is hard to get to because it blocks it.
Speaker 5: Right because they don't want you to know about our history and the things that happened in our history. Hello, use the wayback machine. How about this continuous flow cold water hoses? So like using what we would think of like nowadays as like fire truck hoses to just literally blast people with cold water.
Speaker 3: And I don't even want to think about women what they did because if there's a hole, I'm sure they shoved it.
Speaker 5: I'm sure. I'm sure.
Speaker 2: I guess guys too. They could do that with the good They.
Speaker 5: Also did wrap packs where patients were basically mummified in wet sheets. That would be awful, and they your skin would break down like something terrible.
Speaker 3: This guy right here looks like he might have that because look at his legs.
Speaker 5: Possibly so and so they would also do hot immersion until you've got heat exhaustion and you would pass out, So putting you in really hot or boiling water. Hello, John Potesta. So the purpose of this was to induce shock. Isn't that lovely suppress agitation? That's because your body is shutting down and exhaust resistance. And so patients either fainted, aspirated water, developed pneumonia, or died from hydrotherapy treatments.
Speaker 2: Is that I can't imagine why you'd be depressed if you look like this, Janet.
Speaker 5: So the great thing about this when they actually started going through medical records and stuff to see, you know, what deaths were recorded and whatever deaths during the hydrotherapy torture were recorded as mania, exhaustion, or constitutional weakness. So you didn't die from hypothermia because your body shut down. You died because you were constitution only weak.
Speaker 3: Okay, I think I think you're constitutionally strong, but there's only so much you can take.
Speaker 2: Come on now.
Speaker 5: So the electrical experiments, I said, head, spine and genitals. But guess what, Uh, it gets worse than that. For women. They were actually applying electrical stuff to your uterus and shopping the uterus directly.
Speaker 2: Which is it because it wandered?
Speaker 5: Yeah, because it's in my butt or my back. And so I will tell you that if you have any kind of cottery procedure done, like oblationions and things like that, it literally burns that tissue. So electrotherapy is no different. If they're shocking a wet organ, which the uterus is covered with mucus and whatever, if you're applying electrical current to that, you are literally burning that organ out of somebody's body.
Speaker 2: So I'm assuming definitely not having kids after that.
Speaker 5: Probably not. And if you survive the excruciating pain of that, I can't imagine, because you sure don't want to shock somebody that's wet, right a shock and it's in its own right. If you've ever touched an outlet or something and got a shock before, imagine shocking something standing in water. You would. They're banging it, make it very.
Speaker 3: Often until they can get to your uterus, because FYI, your cervix should be closed when you're not having a baby. So the force that it takes to open the cervix when it isn't naturally because it's like that long you guys, it's thick.
Speaker 5: Yep, it's the fire hose.
Speaker 2: Maybe I'm saying this is damage beyond it. I mean you would just jond repair.
Speaker 5: So along with all these beautiful lovely things, chemical sedation or toxic substances were commonly used. And so these are where your medication trials took place. In medication testing, and so common things were the bromides, chloral hydrate hello, truth serum, mercury, arsenic opiates, and lots of other things. And so patients were kept uber sedated for months or years on end, observed for compliance, and allowed to deteriorate neurologically because hello, they need you as a number for their experimentation.
Speaker 3: So they're just basically using you to figure out what they could do right.
Speaker 5: And using you until you die and then replacing you.
Speaker 2: They probably fed the people to the people.
Speaker 5: Like soilent green. That's why I said what I said about the vomiting, because food was rare, it was sparse, in those days, and so what were they feeding them if they would feed them when it wasn't times of food deprivation.
Speaker 2: Well, and here's the thing.
Speaker 3: Then maybe they found out, oh, we're feeding them this substance.
Speaker 2: Make sure look young. As they figured it out, say I'm trying to hello.
Speaker 5: So along with the lovely torture that they did to the ladies, it was used to treat them for hysteria, treat their masturbation issues or need to masturbate rebellion. So if you questioned or asked questions, you would get a permanent removal of your clutterus or chuterization or burning out of your uterus or whatever sexual desire tints. Like I said, other cultures that mutilate or remove. Did we teach other cultures to do this? Possibly so? Or if you refused marriage or domestic roles, So.
Speaker 2: When you were a lesbian and that was death.
Speaker 5: Some big sweaty Albert wants to marry you and you don't want to, you would go in there and get treated. Or you know, if you didn't want to wash the dishes because it's not your job and you're sassy, just saying.
Speaker 3: Maybe some of these girls were like, yeah, send me over there.
Speaker 5: Maybe you don't do it for me, Albert, I know, right, I need to go. I really like shock therapy.
Speaker 8: Tell you said about the horrible Yeah, so some of the stuff is like uber graphic when you read about it, and thank goodness, we're not going to go diving into deep, deep details because.
Speaker 3: I can't get any pictures of deep details because it's crazy, it's.
Speaker 5: Disturbing, and they do anytime you research on things like this, they were like, oh, graphic content and violence and whatever, Like I'm looking for s enough films. No, the government has all those.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly, I'm looking to expose your ass because you guys are the ones and you know it.
Speaker 5: So I don't know how this is possible, but it says that a lot of the women they were never told what was done to them.
Speaker 3: Oh lord, do you think this is where the alien abductions come from? Possibly maybe they gave him some crazy story, you know what I'm saying, like that right.
Speaker 5: And turned them back out into the population after they get all these things to him. And they were a guy. That's how the anal probe started because they were looking for the wandering uterus. I mean, they had a check yeah, so what the eugenic stuff. These were the most explicit type of experiments, and these ran anywhere from the nineteen hundreds to nineteen forty five, and they were genetic laboratories. And so not only did they do for sterilization, hormone manipulation, controlled breeding studies, which I'm going to talk about in another episode, like a lot about that, starvation diets, radicalized intelligence testing. I don't even know what that means, but okay.
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 3: They they know that what happened with my cousin. They say that they the days say this is that you get one that's super smart, like too smart, like a little autistic. He smart, like Elon weird, although I don't know if he's as smart as he said, but you get what I'm saying, and then you get one that's not really functional, and then the one in between that's like canon fodder. So they're looking for that one because of the telepathy tapes.
Speaker 2: They talk about those.
Speaker 5: Oh gotcha, Well, I'm glad you cleared that up, because I was like, I don't know what that means.
Speaker 2: It's very weird.
Speaker 5: And so during these times of course, which like I said, Heidi and I did a show on eugenics, but they talk about the doctors talk about removing anybody that's unfit or preventing them from reproducing or using patients to quote unquote improve society. Hello, the emergence of genetic fields and how you can select the sex of your baby and the eye color and the hair color, and what an intelligence level and blah blah blah.
Speaker 3: If y'all don't believe us, please go look at the Epstein files. It's right in there for your pleasure reading zorro rich or.
Speaker 5: If you're getting pleasure from that, you're a sicko and you should be going to do I'm saying yes. So the eugenic stuff was legal and it was celebrated at the time. Hello Margaret Sayinger and your control stuff. And honestly, a lot of this is still going on. It's still legal, and they still do the genetic removing, genetic impurities and whatever. That's what the Crisper cast nine technology is used to be called DNA splicing. But now if you have like a breed of dog, like a German shepherd that is known for hip dysplasia, you can go in and genetically alter that DNA of that particular animal and remove that in that genetic impurity that causes hip dysplasia so that they can breed better stronger animals that don't have that. They do the exact same thing with people. That is why we have the Human Genome Project.
Speaker 3: And this is much older than people might think. Now I made this, but this is a real article, and it's Barnum.
Speaker 2: And Bailey article.
Speaker 3: And so when we talk about the world's fairs and babies and Zora Ranch and Howard Hughes Medical Institute crisper technology, which I'm sorry, you guys have to look at the things that we're talking about and take yourself out of the cuckoo realm saying that can't possibly be true and start looking at the famous families. Okay, they were trying to edit out things like the Habsburg chin and things that would show that, oh, this is who these people are, because then they didn't blend, you know, and they had, you know, all the problems with the bleeding and it's a whole thing. But they could make it better. Although I still say they look like lizards, most of them, I don't know. Well, most people think that Charles there's a young video of him where his tongue is like the creepiest thing you've ever seen, so whatever on that, and they all are our ch negative. I'm not saying all people that have that are bad. I'm just saying maybe they were breeding that two.
Speaker 5: One hundred percent. And I and I think that's part of it. Like we talk about a lot about bloodlines and stuff like that and specialty programs where they erase your mind and you don't remember and whatever, like or recruiting people at a really early age because of super high intelligence levels and they put them through rigorous testing and stuff. They are looking for that special genetics right well.
Speaker 3: And then if they found them, what did they do with it? Everybody became these weird plagonists. And and to your point about the animal trials, I'll tell you the Kingston's dad that that started a lot of their stuff where they only breed with each other. He was breeding cattle and that's exactly where he got his ideas from.
Speaker 2: So there's that.
Speaker 5: Hundred one hundred percent and eugenics. For people that have never looked into that, you definitely need to listen to our episode that we did on that or go do like a super deep dive because it is crazy, the things that you will find and the amount of experimentation and directed breeding, like you could only breed with you know, whoever they selected for you or whatever. And outside of that, like sex was not loud and whatever. It's it's just very strange.
Speaker 2: It's weird.
Speaker 5: So let's get into the drugs. Okay, the joy. There's so much on the drugs. So the bromides were the first thing that were used, and they claimed that they treated things like anxiety, and then zomnia and nervousness and epilepsy and hysteria and sexual over excitement, masturbation. Oh boy, I need some bromides. No, I'm kidding, mental illness, and children that were deemed unruly, so kids that you know may have had a little problem whatever. So they were often routinely added to institutional diets. So if they were feeding them people or vomit or whatever, they were mixing up a little bromide and they're to go with it. So bromides actually sedate people causes like that flat effect of your emotions, slow thinking. Uh, you don't have a sexual urge like at all. It removes that muscle weakness, so you know, what better way to sedate people and make them submissive when they're being electrocuted and the genitals are changed the wall then to have them sedated and supposedly suppresses seizures. So can you get poisoning or an overdose from this? Abs so freaking lutely, and so guess what. Here's the symptoms that treatment with bromide can cause. Confusion, hallucinations, psychosis, severe depression or melancholy, memory loss, skin eruptions called bromide acne because your body's trying to push it out, slurred speech, delusions, and even coma. So the things that they're saying they're treating with this medication is actually causing these problems in the first place. And then they're like, oh, yeah, we're definitely going to have to keep these people in here indefinitely because they're crazy. They've gotten worse since they've been here. I wonder why.
Speaker 3: I don't dang, can't imagine no food, all the things electric shocking me, making me all messed up.
Speaker 5: So they didn't just do these in the asylums. They gave them in the orphanages and the women's facilities and the epileptic colonies, often to soldiers and prisoners, and so they didn't have to gain consent because, like I said, you're a nothing burger in there, and there was no dosing regulations or standards at the time, and so you literally were the first lab rat experiments that they were doing. And so potassium bromate actually used in flour as a quote unquote dough improver. And so how to know, a lot of things things get into our food hmm, generally recognized as safe grass standards in the United States. That's how it got into your food.
Speaker 2: So nice, yeah, so lovely.
Speaker 5: And so especially at night in the food, they would put bromide to try to make people sedated so they would sleep, and so they could play, you know, solidaire, twiddle their thumbs or whatever they were doing, or maybe they were whacka doing, who knows they were. So the only reason that bromide's stopped being used is because, uh, benzo diazepines like our barbituates came along first, and then the benzo diazepines, and so that's the only reason. And so bromides were considered toxic long term. But how many studies were done on it because a lot of patients died just saying.
Speaker 2: Were they addictive? I don't even know them.
Speaker 5: I don't say yes.
Speaker 3: What if they cut them off and then they go cuckoo again?
Speaker 5: One hundred percent changes your brain chemistry. So hello. So the next one is chloral hydrate. So that's the original chemical knockout drug as the cornerstone drug for a lineage of sedation restraint quieting medicine. That's how that developed, and so it's a sedative slash hypnotic. It was developed in eighteen thirty two and widely prescribed from the eighteen sixties through the nineteen hundreds and was marketed as get this and we've never heard this before, safe, non addictive, and ideal for nervous patients. Oh no, it's all same kind of things, right, anxiety, hysteria, agitation, psychosis, epilepsy, children who couldn't sleep, and institutional sedation. Thank goodness they've removed sexual urges and masturbation off the list.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 5: So again, this works on your brain chemistry, so it slows your brain activity, suppresses your consciousness, induces really deep sleeps, and flattens completely blunts your emotional response like you have none. So it's like turning the volume down on your stereo. Like pretty much all the way to zero. And so the dangers of using this is respiratory depression. So they depressed your system so far that you stop breathing. Party acharhythmia is because again it slows your body down to the point where you stop breathing, or your heart stops beating, or your heart jumps out of rhythm because your heart runs up electrical current, delirium, hallucinations or severe dependency problems that's an issue, or sudden death that could actually kill you for reasons I just stated.
Speaker 3: And the cole had nothing to do with the development of this at all, because they just called this really for colds with this chlorohydrate and it's sixty sixty six it eases the cold and misery quick sixty six six.
Speaker 2: Well, and why that?
Speaker 5: Because it's safe, not addictive, and ideal for patients.
Speaker 2: Right, made by who? And what is in it? Scary?
Speaker 5: Scary sixt' sixty six the mark of the beast. So was that intense marketing, I would say so. And so because of all the things that it does, you can get addicted or toxic levels of this in your system, which causes confusion, memory loss, tremors, paranoia, skin lesions, severe depression, uh organ damage, hence the dropping dead for out of nowhere, and so patients were frequently increased in dosage rather than withdrawn. Hello doctor I used to work for and so yeah, so you're already having problems on twenty miligram, show you up someone to forty because that should surely fix it. Well, it did fix it for a lot of people. They are dead. Yeah, fixed them, so good forgure, I'll fix you right up, trust me, trust.
Speaker 2: Me, all better, all better.
Speaker 1: And and so.
Speaker 5: This is uh, you know, used until barbituates and bido diazepines and my modern psychiatric drinks came along. And so yeah, the next one is morphine. Imagine that. So morphine was called the velvet hammer, and so it's relief and ruined all in the same vial. Isn't that nice? I bet that was like a nice ad relief phenomenon.
Speaker 2: I wonder if it had six six sixth on it, because it sounds about the same.
Speaker 5: Maybe you'll have to search and see what early adds for morphine looked like. And so morphine, of course is a natural opioid, for it comes from the opium poppy. It was discovered in eighteen oh four and it became the first purified pharmaceutical painkiller. What could possibly go on? So it was severe pain surgery, hello, removing someone's CLP trauma, terminal illness, battlefield medicine, but historically also given for anxiety, insomnia, the melancholia, female complaints, so vaginal itching and burning, takes a hysteria, nervous disorders, chronic illness, and sedation. And so morphine blocks your pain receptors in your brain, and it produces lots of dopamines, so you have like euphoric feeling right tots off and you know, reduces your call or reduces induces calmness and emotional not because you are so high on dopamine. Uh slows you're breathing though, so it reduces your respiratory rate and all of that stuff. And so addiction was a big thing. Uh So all these people for addiction in the asylum already suffering from an addiction. Now you got a double dose of addiction.
Speaker 2: Rate or possible.
Speaker 5: Now you're really skilled of bro minde and chlorohydrate and morphine altogether. Because there was no no limit to the amount of stuff that they could experiment.
Speaker 6: On you with.
Speaker 2: And in the middle of the asylum exactly.
Speaker 5: That would be me, Like, after a half of one, I'd be slobbering out my pie hole.
Speaker 2: And what about all the people that are allergic?
Speaker 5: Well, U cube morphine, cube morphine. The morphine of today is cube morphine. The purity of product and the safeguard of its form heaven successively to physicians and pharmacists. Please specify NYQ and give the originators the benefit of your business. New York Quinine and Chemical Works Limited.
Speaker 2: Alrighty, it's not as good as the cocaine teeth drops, but you know, but you.
Speaker 5: Know it'll work. It'll work just the same. So of course they caused dependency problems. And when you take opioids, you can't pope. So everybody had constipation. So that constipation, chronic constipation can actually kill you too. Yeah, mule suppression because it shuts off your receptors in your body. Emotional flattening, respiratory failure and overdose. Overdose deaths and so deaths and withdrawal symptoms were documented as mental collapse. That nice.
Speaker 3: A ton of people actually died from stomach issues back in the day.
Speaker 2: And I know they're eating red ship, but I'm just saying, but you can't poop.
Speaker 5: And if you can't poop, that builds up and your your body shuts down because it sucks all water out of your system.
Speaker 3: That kind of makes you wonder, right about all the people dying just suddenly of whatever. And so.
Speaker 5: If you can't, if you have trouble pooping, you need to work on that, because yeah, that that could be life threatening.
Speaker 3: And so.
Speaker 5: Morphine morphed into heroin, so they were given heroin and the asylum too. So in nineteen eighty nine, heroin was marketed as a non addictive cure for morphine addiction. So let me give you a heroine to treat your morphine addiction.
Speaker 2: I mean, it will cure it, it will give you anyone.
Speaker 5: What the hell could possibly go wrong? I don't know. And so this is kind of like the you know, create a drug, ignore the dependency problems that you created with it, rebranded under a stronger name, or relabel it, and repeat the behavior. Exactly is this still going on in today's society? Aboutely like we talked about on the pharmacue a rebranded episode, That's exactly what it does.
Speaker 3: And so.
Speaker 5: The broma and the chlorohydrate and the morphine and the heroin led of course to methadone and oxyconton, and so same drug, new label, same problems. Whatever.
Speaker 2: From the makers of aspirin.
Speaker 5: Here's the heroin, here's your heroin. You should always keep all from fire pharmaceuticals. You could should always keep the violent heroin in your medicine cabinet, FRISI in case, in case, you got the melancholia.
Speaker 2: Yes, oh, I did say it would hear you right up?
Speaker 3: No wonder Our great grandparents were like, we never had colds like that that you had cocaine drops, girl, person.
Speaker 5: You had heroin viols in your medicine cabinet. Are you hitting me?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: So the next thing they used is mercury compounds. So we talked about this on a previous episode that mercury over time is toxic to your body and it will cause your body to shut down from the inside out. It just stops working. And so they would use uh liquid mercury, uh mercuric chloride or calomel, which that's an interesting one, or methyl mercury. So it comes in different forms, and so what was it used for treat that syphilis you was sleeping around? We tried to we tried to cut off your clearers or whack them balls off. But you know, we'll give you some. We'll give some mercury compounds. Treat that syphilis, that stdt doing weird stuff to you.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Uh, the constipation that came along with taking the opioid, so uh, take some mercury. That'll fix the problem. And purities of the blood. Doesn't say what kind of impurities, just whatever they want to say. The melancholia and madness, teething, and infants. So let's treat you with mercury compounds. Again, like the what was that tonic? The drops on mercury drops.
Speaker 2: Oh, this one is a mother's friend. This one was a combo, a como drug, combo paragoric.
Speaker 5: She also used to treat skin diseases and parasites and women's reproductive orders disorders. So that calamel that I mentioned is mercurious chloride was also it was so common that it was deemed or named the physician's friend. So that's what they were giving to the babies, was uh, calmal mel drops, cowalmel drops. So what does mercury do to the body. It affects the nervous system, the kidneys, the immune function, and the gut lining. Hello, I can't poop, so it accumulates, it builds up, so it causes damage because it builds up throughout your whole body, through all of your organs, your bloodstream, the whole nine yards. Mercury poisoning symptoms trimmers. That sounds like a late night pharmaceutical commercial. May costalty changes, irritability and rage, deprision, anxiety, memory, laws of incas, delusions, excessive salivation, or tooth loss. So probably because it we're otten your teeth out of your head, but please still take this product because it's safe and effective, exactly perfect. So because of the toxic build up in people's systems, they deemed the people that were taking mercury mad hatters. That's where that terminology comes from. Mad as a hatter, all of that stuff. It is because they were on mercury products, and so of course they gave it, you know, and all the same places, the orphanages, the hospitals, all of that stuff. People with STDs were forced to take it, and so the people with STDs, especially syphilis. This is where this term came from. If you've ever heard this before, it made me chuckle because back in the day, the town that I grew up when was considered a red light district, it was the prostitution district, and I took a took care of a lot of people in the nursing homes who had syphilis, like very old people that had syphilis. And so this phrase developed, and it's a night with venus a lifetime with mercury. So if you spread your wild notes, you're going to be on mercury for life, okay, Or even if you're not on mercury anymore, it's still in your system because you can't get rid of it. And so the doctors knew the dangers, but they believe that the symptoms were worse, and so that's why they kept treating people with mercury, ah way up until I don't know, I want to say probably like the nineteen nineties two thousand zer when mercury developed from thermometers and blood pressure cups and all of that kind of stuff. Vaccinations and so children and mercury. Mercury was put like we talked about last time, in teething powders, laxatives, worm treatments. Kids get worms because they dig around in their pooh and they dig around in dirt and all of that stuff. So children, especially from taking mercury, turned pink. That's how you could tell that kids had mercury toxicity. It's called acrodinia, which is strange. I didn't know that was a thing. They got severe nerve pain and had neurological damage that was irreversible. But the parents were to blame, of course, not the drug, even though they knew it was the mercury turning these kids pink and change them into behavior they escape good to the parents.
Speaker 2: Sound familiar, okay, found that right.
Speaker 5: So, because they finally discovered that there were neurological damage to this and they replaced it with safer antibiotics like penicillin. Is it really safer, I can't tell you that, and so they kind of stopped using that. And so a substance is toxic, they frame it as its therapeutic. We don't say the word toxic. Damage is blamed on the patient or the parent, and then it continues for decades and they usually rebrand it under another name. So get this one. Also, arsenic was a treatment, and so mercury are are is a naturally occurring metalloid, and so it's very deadly in small doses, it's cumulative, which means it builds up in your system and it's really hard to detect.
Speaker 3: And so.
Speaker 5: It was given for syphilis, tuberculosis, malaria, asthma, Hello, like ciias, czoriasis, and skin diseases, anemia, So your blood's not strong enough, we're gonna treat you. But you know a little too much. But here, epilepsy, nervous disorders, the melancholia, insanity, women's weakness, okay, and children's Yeah, stop masturbating, you'll go blind.
Speaker 2: You're gonna have all kinds of problems.
Speaker 5: So arsenic, like we talked about in a previous episode, was marketed as a tonic and a general health booster. So it disrupts cellular respiration, so it how a cell makes energy. It shuts that down, it prevents them from doing so. Causes neurological damage of course because of that, because you're not able to oxidate your brain or your cells or anything like that. Gas strone, intestinal destruction, so hello, no wonder you can't poop a cardiovascular failure because hello, it's a poison and it's highly toxic, and bone marrow suppression. So all kinds of problems happen when your BoNT morrow is suppressed because that is literally where you produce red and white blood cells, is in your bone, mirright, And so it doesn't target disease. It targets your life and your life force. And so arsenic poisoning shows anxiety, depression, irritability, confusion, memory loss, hallucinations, peripheral neuropathy. So burning in your arms or legs or feet or fingers, skin discoloration in lesions, hair and nail changes. Your hair can literally fall out. You are violently ill from arsenic poisoning. And so patients were labeled as degenerating. Well, I wonder why, because it's.
Speaker 2: Killing them, because you're poisoning them.
Speaker 5: Insane or constitutionally weak, And so the drug stayed on board even if it killed people. And I want to bring this up about the arsenic I don't know if you have been paying attention or not to the study that literally just came out of Florida where they tested all the most popular candies and found out of forty seven, thirty three of those. Of course the number thirty three, but thirty three of the forty seven tested had dangerous levels of arsenic in them. Really, so you might want to read that article because it was all stuff that people like to eat, like stickers and receis, Jolly Ranchers, skittles, the whole nine yards. So go watch that, or go listen to that, go read it because arsenic is still being used, and to know that it's being used by manufacturers, especially marketed for giant bags of candy at Halloween. They're target getting children with arsenic.
Speaker 2: But don't you want to look young and these safe wafers of arsenic right.
Speaker 5: Here, Well, it is kind of like, in my opinion, using botox to look younger. That is also a very harmful toxin, and they cannot tell you if there's going to be effects from that. It could be six months or it could be years before you know that your body is completely broken down and damaged and no longer able to be repaired. So I'm just saying I don't want an arsenic waiver or morphine pill or pass droplets or anything. So I think we talked about this in the last episode the Fowler's Solution. Did we talk about that?
Speaker 2: I can't remember.
Speaker 5: So Fowler's solution is potassium arsenite in liquid form, so highly prescribed in the seventeen hundreds to the nineteen hundreds, so for an uber long time doctors swore by it, and side effects actually included answer organ failure, neurological collapse, and death. But it was still prescribed for people even after all of that was known. Hello, co exccinations, same kind of stuff. And here's the thing, like think about, like I mentioned a while ago, the late night prescription commercials on TV, right, and if you ever have your TV on where it's not muted, and they're like, may cause blindness, disney spells, neurological damage, heart attacks, stroke, seizure, all of these things. And you know that because they're telling you and their studies they already found these things were issues, and you still choose to take it. What the hell is wrong with you? It's taking it things. Yeah, and so not only did we have the complexion wafers so younger radiance akin with taking the arsenic wafers, they had hair tonics that would probably make your hair fall out because it's poisoning you at the root. Weight control AIDS and Victorian women micro dosing arsenic for a healthy glow.
Speaker 2: Okay, there it is.
Speaker 5: I'm already glowing and right on my own. I don't need arsenic to help me. So it they decided to stop poisoning patients. Yeah, now, but she has radiant, glowing she's all better.
Speaker 3: You know. I used to tell my patients that were very fussy about pain meds and getting them way before they were due and not inside like a safe area. I'm like, it is possible for me to kill you before you're out of pain.
Speaker 5: Mh.
Speaker 2: I'm just letting you know. I'm generous.
Speaker 5: So but you know, think about like all of these drugs that we talked about and no oversight, no regulation, no dosing instructions, and they could literally give them the Pringle scan right of the whole nine yards, all of the drugs, and then they're like, oh my gosh, well they died. We better go masterbate off patients. So, yeah, I met her, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: We can blame it on that.
Speaker 5: We can blame it on that. And so the only reason they stopped using arsenic as a medical tree. But how funny, wink Uh. It still exists in a lot of different forms in products that we use today. It's because of the clear cancer links. Uh. Antibiotics replaced it, so you don't need to take it for your toothache anymore, Thank goodness, all better and forensic chemistry made detection of it better or easier. But and it's still it's still really hard to find a poisoning unless you know exactly what substance to look for. So people that have been poisoned with rat poison or you know, all the different kinds of things that you would find in a like university laboratory or whatever, it's very hard to find unless they can narrow it down. Or you you find somebody that like the symptoms ring a bell and they're like.
Speaker 2: Oh, we should check for wild we should check that out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so again market it is no more wafers whatever. Uh and so yeah, some of the facilities that uh did.
Speaker 2: This, I found some ads I have to share really quickly, please do.
Speaker 3: And I know we went over the gynecological stuff already, but I couldn't find this before because I was it was not letting me.
Speaker 2: And so doctor John Butler's electro massage missage machine, it made her go to heaven. Uh huh yeah, and then they put her probably through her in.
Speaker 5: The for curing disease at home. So uh, if you are not, then torture your vagina and you'll feel better.
Speaker 2: But if you don't want to do it at home, you can always go in for a pelvic massage.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 5: Steria is commonly diagnosed for women with wide range of symptoms. Pelvic massage was a treatment used to induce a hysterical paroxysm, which was essentially an orgasm.
Speaker 2: So I want to bring to the attention how much people you still love their doctors.
Speaker 5: Uh yeah, and they make house calls. So so here's the thing though, and and word of advice for all you couples out there, right, that is why makeup sex after fighting is stimulating, right, because your your emotions are heightened and you're vagagel is super duper vascular. Uh. And so you could be curing your wife girlfriend at home without the help of your doctor. You know, you don't even have to have a fight. You can just care her hysteria with one simple.
Speaker 3: Fall by yourself. We're all by yourself. You should probably do that by yourself so she doesn't go to the doctor.
Speaker 5: I'm just saying all the things, all the free advice we give here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're helpful. We're helpful, bitches.
Speaker 5: Come on, exactly, we are just trying to help you out, get you out of here, hysterical melancholia.
Speaker 3: Trying to make sure you don't get any syphilis from your doctor.
Speaker 5: That's one hundred percent correct. So here's some institutions that existed and what happened. So Danvers State Hospital right here in the good old state of Massachusetts in the United States, open in eighteen seventy eight, known for chronic overcrowding, so they only had space for five hundred patients and they would have two thousand or more at a time. Danvers Hospital has also been on shows and stuff because it's a creepy place. So they would do insulin coma therapy. No, no, they would put you in an insulin coma to calm you down. They had lots of hydrotherapy wards and so this place had a lot of deaths and lobotomies in the nineteen thirties to the nineteen fifties. They were famous for their bottom bosm So here immigrants, single women, so if you weren't married, boy, you were going to Danvers State Hospital. Alcoholics and tuberculous patients, so they were doing all kinds of fire hose treatment on the ladies at this facility closed but not until nineteen ninety two after decades of patient abuse, lawsuits and deinstitutionalization took place. And how it stayed open that long a shock shock. That's like literally all these facilities. So the Willard Asylum for Chronic Insane in New York happened in eighteen sixty nine, not for treatment purposes that it was opened. It was opened for chronic containment of curable patients, and so patients were buried on site without names, so mass graves were found at this place. They had very minimal medical care, so they didn't really have a medical staff, and heavy use of restraints, so people who were sent here were elderly, weapon and postpartum depression, epileptics, or poorhouse transfers so people that were poor couldn't pay for themselves. Shut down in nineteen fifty five because it was exposed as a warehouse for forgotten people. They were using them for labor stuff. So trans Allegheny Lunatic Asylum in West Virginia opened in eighteen sixty four, designated for two hundred and fifty people, but always had well over twenty four hundred at a time. This place used the cage bed, so the things that looked like coffins. Patients slept on the floor all of the time, they used the rotational therapy or the vomiting chair, and used forced labor.
Speaker 3: And so.
Speaker 5: Civil war and poverty flooded this institution with people who were never mentally ill. It wasn't closed until nineteen ninety four. And the only reason it closed it wasn't because the experimentation or any of the other stuff. It was condemned because it was structurally unfit.
Speaker 2: Oh nice, So just because of that, okay, yeah, and so and that nice.
Speaker 5: Now we have the Geeld Colony. This was developed in Belgium, and this is a very interesting thing to me. So patients weren't confined, They actually lived with their families on this It kind of sounded to me like a what do you call those places, like a like a colony, right, that's.
Speaker 2: Kind of what it said, Yeah, yeah, like a commune yep.
Speaker 3: And so.
Speaker 5: People offloaded patients deemed dangerous everywhere else, but you could you could be highly dangerous and go live at this place with your family. Zero oversight, zero regulation. And patients of course were forced to work unpaid. I don't know if their families were forced to work since they were living in these commune type place either, and so this was considered a more humane alternative to the crazy houses, but they still forced labor. So I don't know. Now this place we're going to talk about next. I'm going to talk about it on another show that we do too, because it is very interesting. The Leutchworth Facility or Leuchworth Village in New York opened in nineteen eleven, advertised as the institution that is a very creepy creepy So this was for children with disabilities used in vaccine testing for sterilization went on here and malnutrition experiments. It wasn't until HAROLDO. Rivera did an expose on this at nineteen seventy two that it got shut down, but not until nineteen ninety six, So almost twenty years after his investigative expose, they're like, just kidding, We're still going to stay open. And so the vaccine testing on children here was a big thing, as were most of the facilities in New York that were testing realms. So why do these places really get shut down? It wasn't because of compassion or progress or anything like that. They just couldn't hide any longer their disdain for certain parts of the population, and so you know, it kind of became financially toxic for them as well. And uh, you know, with the with the changing movement and the guy from France and the Quaker and all of that stuff that reform movements and things like that, and the rebranding to name it psychology, and with the emerging like human rights violations and all of that kind of stuff. That's literally why these places stopped existing, because they just couldn't find actually or ethically hide the kind of things that they were doing to people anymore. And so they were very successful systems of containment for a really long time. Like I said, most of them started in the seventeenth century or seventeen hundreds and went until you know, the nineteen nineties, most of them. And so they were very successful at what they were doing of you know, confining people and experimenting on them and all of those kind of things. So government funded or not government funded, they were very successful in their eugenics, experimentation, torture chambers, whatever you want to call it.
Speaker 2: Help.
Speaker 5: So legal liability became a problem for a lot of these places, but not until the reform movements actually started demanding like real change and accountability and things like that. So think about that. It wasn't until the late nineteen nineties where doctors and nurses were actually held accountable for the disturbing things that they did to patients. They should be let that sink end, though how long that took until the nineteen nineties.
Speaker 2: For someone and somebody was like, bitch, please, you know you did some shit. Miragic, come on now exactly.
Speaker 5: So, because of all those changes, now their legal liability is wrongful death and any kind of abuse, neglect, restraints and lawful confinement, the tortures, experimentation, blah blah blah. But keep in mind, though, you have to have somebody advocate for you before that will ever change, because if you're one of those family members, it's like, oh, my son has add I'm going to go take them to the mental health facility and dump them there. The way things are nowadays, you would probably get arrested yourself for dumping.
Speaker 2: Your child there hundred percent, and you should yeah, yeah, one.
Speaker 5: Hundred and So because of all of the scandals and the liability issues that came up, they became financially dangerous to maintain, and that's why they moved away from the old timy models, and now they're rebranded as psychiatric and patient hospitals or well stay or you know whatever. So the psychiatric drugs from the fifties to the sixties made trading patients out patiently much cheaper than it is to maintain an inpatient facility. There are still some people that need an inpatient facility, but I don't think it should be for a lifetime, you know what I mean, And it should.
Speaker 3: Be a program like we we don't even we have lockdown rooms and even what six years ago when I first started, we used them and we had leather restraints and other things that it was like only for the worst case scenario, right when people are beating the shit out of it.
Speaker 5: I was going to say assault, Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: Because the cops don't want to come help us and we're just on our own. But now we don't use any of it at all at all.
Speaker 5: So and you don't drug your patients with arsenic.
Speaker 2: And we do not even do B fifty twos anymore. Yeah right, nothing, yep.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah. That goes to show you, like how much things have changed over I would say a short period of time, because the nineteen nineties weren't that long ago. Right, So the shift and the change is good, but it's all still under government control, government funding, government wink wink regulation, stuff like that, which I think still is a problem. Privatized places, in my opinion, would be better that don't have government money tied to them.
Speaker 2: But I don't think.
Speaker 3: I mean, ours has insurance, but I don't. I think it's more private.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's like a hospital. Yeah, so a lot of these places and a lot of people don't know this, but you and my daughter are in the same field, right, And so a lot of the patients that she sees, they have a strip protocol of when the patient they call it graduates, they're pro graham where they can go. They can only go to safe facilities, so it has to be like an approved safe house or an approved relative or or something like that. You can't just take them and turn them out on the street.
Speaker 2: No, we don't actually don't have to.
Speaker 5: Actually find them a safe place to.
Speaker 2: Go, although we will if they refuse treatment and write whatever.
Speaker 5: That's very different. But if somebody, somebody quote unquote graduates the program, you have to do everything you can to make sure that patient stays safe. So you're not gonna like, if you have a patient that's been in there for heroin addiction or something, you're not going to release them to a family member who is also a known drug addict.
Speaker 2: No, we do all the planning.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so there's a lot that goes into that, so that that part of stuff is good. That that has changed, and so the asylums of the old day have disappeared, but the patients have not. There are some people that need worked.
Speaker 3: With, but.
Speaker 5: You got to get to the root of the problem and what's.
Speaker 3: Called hopefully it's a more humane way of dealing with things, like we use the E M d R. We use all kinds of therapy stuff, but very little medication or restraints. In fact, I think they're probably more funny about regular even sleeping anything like that we'd give like melotona, Like we're very careful, right, and sometimes I wish we were a little better because they don't.
Speaker 5: Because you don't want to You don't want to create that dependency problem and stuff and cause the symptoms that make people crazierer right, more crazy in first place. But then lack of sleep.
Speaker 2: I'm always told the doctor like we have to get to some point where we're sleeping, you know.
Speaker 5: Right, Because if you don't sleep, that throws off your circadian rhythm, which throws off of all of your your hormones and all of the things that your your body produces on a natural basis, and then your body starts breaking down when you can't sleep.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So you guys got to get your sleep. Yeah. And so.
Speaker 5: These were like tools of social control that they were using, and not just for population, but darn you unruly wives who just.
Speaker 2: Jave's k sister is one of these.
Speaker 3: She wouldn't quit dating certain kind of men, and I'm serious, that's what they did to her.
Speaker 2: So well, yeahlebotomized.
Speaker 5: And and why is that because it probably was with the with the eugenics crowd, and it was it was a particular race. I would probably say that they did not want they were in their family line.
Speaker 2: They were very fussy. Yep. And she peed herself in a diaper the rest of her life. So yeah, there's that.
Speaker 5: Well, thank mixed her up. Thanks? And when did she get out of that facility? Do you remember?
Speaker 3: Oh? I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't think she ever did, because.
Speaker 5: Like I said, most of those facilities in the nineteen nineties were still open and still operating and still doing all the things.
Speaker 3: I'm not I'm going to look it up really quick, but I don't think they.
Speaker 2: Could take care of her.
Speaker 5: She was not okay well, and could they take care of her with the amount of money that that family has abs so flipping lowly.
Speaker 2: She never got out.
Speaker 5: You can hire private nurses and all of that kind of stuff.
Speaker 3: But you know, she remained in there until she died after a botch slobotomy.
Speaker 2: And that that isn't some sad stuff.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's horrible, but yeah, there's a lot of people, and I mean that the amount of deaths that came out of those early asylums and stuff were just absolutely flooring to me. But I can understand with no oversight and with the experimentations that they were using on them, and the lack of food and all of that stuff, and the cocktails of medications with no dosing and no oversight, I can understand why very few people actually ever got out of an asylum exactly.
Speaker 2: That's terrifying, one hundred percent.
Speaker 5: So lovely, darling, where can people find you at?
Speaker 2: Thank you so much, miss Janna. I love these talks.
Speaker 3: Then it's just interesting to me that we've missed so much of history, even though we're both nurses and we see stuff, but it's nothing the same, you know, And that's so.
Speaker 5: And then they try to bury all of this, and then if you try to search for something, they're like, oh, it's graphic violent content. You're must be a serial killer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, Well search it's sad.
Speaker 3: So you guys have to understand, like, there are reasons for people and their behaviors and the things that happen to them.
Speaker 2: So yeah, check that out. Check out a lot of the.
Speaker 3: Mk Ultra programs on serial killers and different things in our old shows.
Speaker 2: Just the whole thing is very disruptive and sad.
Speaker 3: So with this stuff, I'm hoping we're opening up a little piece of history for everybody to maybe get that curiosity. We can't present at all, But I'm hoping to light a fire, as Jane is, to help you expand your knowledge, and that's basically what we're doing.
Speaker 5: So, and that bring to light when people always go, oh, the government, wouldn't you know, wasn't purposely try to hurt people. There's no way that you know people could be that bad or that evil if you literally dig into our history. That is literally all you will see.
Speaker 3: Exactly if you weren't the right everything too bad for you, so ooh, that's a switch. But as for me, I'm Heidi Love of the Unfiltered Rise. You can find me everwhere podcasts are served. You can find me Unfiltered Rise podcast dot com and you can see me on Spotify for most of my shows. There's over two hundred and sixty now, so we're cooking with fire over there. You guys will want to check it out. And it definitely applies to this whole Epstein business and I'm definitely going to be doing a little chat about that soon and all this weird stuff.
Speaker 2: That I've been reading.
Speaker 3: So if you want to read about that, go look at my ex because I'm not ready to do a show.
Speaker 2: On that yet. Hello, go check it out.
Speaker 3: As for my Patreon, which I hope you're watching this, I am so grateful for you and me and miss Janet get to bring all this wonderful knowledge to you guys, and I couldn't do it without you, guys, So thank you, Miss Janet, where can they find you?
Speaker 5: Very thankful doubly for you guys taking the time out to watch, to listen and to support us because I think we do a lot of shows that nobody else does. That's right, and I dig that, you know, I seriously dig that instead of the cookie Cutter carbon you know everything, same show. So uh, Deplorable Nation on every podcast platform. If you want to watch the videos, check us out on Spotify or on Rumble. You can follow me on Instagram at Deplorable Janet. You can find me on x at no Janet, Kate and ow. If you love Christian music, go check out Anchor and Flame, That's and What the ampersand Sign and you will find two Chris albums on there and one single, so make sure you check that out. Go like, subscribe, comment, share, download, poke, somebody send it to somebody. Send some love both of our ways. We really appreciate you taking the time out to listen, and so for me and for my beautiful, lovely Besty from the Westy Twinsy for life, girl power, go yys Heidi. We will see you next time. Have a great one and thanks for tuning in.
Speaker 2: Awesome all right, whoop whoop, well done, Well I got