Speaker 1: Broadcasting from the State Capitol and Lansing, Michigan. This is the two seventeen Recovery podcast live from u FAM.
Speaker 2: Here's your host, Corey Winfield. We are in Lancing at the Capitol State Building. What's up? It is the u FAM rally twenty twenty five and I'm MC. What's going on? Mitcheer's a microphone? Just hand in metro microphone.
Speaker 1: You FAM twenty twenty five is going on and you're the MC.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna get up there. You know what I'm gonna say, So up yep. I'm like, all right, everybody some of this.
Speaker 1: There's more stairs here. I'm telling you it's the stairs and we go inside.
Speaker 2: Joke here, we gotta explain it because it was this recovery stories four. I believe you were the MC of that and we're you nervous.
Speaker 1: I wasn't. I was full of just bursting confidence until getting on the stage left the foot hit that step yep, and then I got up there and everybody everybody.
Speaker 2: So he did that, and then we were obviously recorded that session and we did an audio different and then I really thought it was hilarious and fed apart because we could go back and we could listen to all the mess ups and there was there was, there was a few, and so I busted your balls. And he had one where he came on and you were like, all right, everybody, and I kid you not Corey Smoker at the last one, because she they we didn't really have in him, see at the last one, but she jumped up there a few times and she hit that everybody, and I was like, you've gotta be kidding.
Speaker 1: And she's not four hundred pounds, so I thought, because like for me, it was I ran up those stairs and got up there, I got to talk to people. So now I'm out of breath and I don't know you got more stairs here. So one you should really you should get out of a bungee cord and then do some Lady Gaga pink.
Speaker 2: I do know a guy like and they could get me in there, and then I, yeah, I want to I'm want to be up at the top. I don't want it because like if the State Capitol building there's I would say three levels, you have three levels, and you got actually four because there's a basement that looks like yeah, So anyway, so the main level you walk up these stairs, probably about twenty thirty steps and you go in there you're on the level and there's a little bu of that and then level blull of that. Well on the steps to the Capitol like above that, these are these pillars and then there's like I guess you'd say balcony. Balcony is what they call those two balcony. Yeah, I want to be on the top balcony.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just be careful how you wave. Elon gotten in a little trouble lately. Who did Elon?
Speaker 2: What he do?
Speaker 1: He the arms straight out built it up a litle bit whatever.
Speaker 2: That's what he's about. Who knows?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 2: I give off I don't even I can't. I don't like any politician except for my friend Ron Robinson.
Speaker 1: I got a a gentleman approached me, well you guys were still on your way here, and I was offloading and he's like, the hell's happening here? I was like, you famous United face addiction Michigan. It's like, well they're trying to add addictions. No, it's a big farmer bro. But he goes, what Trump's gonna be here? The government? I was like, I can only hope.
Speaker 2: But Yellow number five say we're gonna ban that yellow number five because it kills people, unlike alcohol. RKO didn't make any sense. Yeah, I love our government. Our government tells us what we can do, what we can't do. You can't do that drug, you can't do this drug. And man, look but you can do these ones if yeah, yeah, oh gold get some weed. Okay, cool? But if it just it makes me so sick because the reason why somebody does a certain drug, you know, for me and you was alcohol because it helps us escape. So can you imagine being punished for it, Like, hey, you're drinking alcohol. Nope, you are a sinner. You are a bad person. You need to go to hell, go to prisons.
Speaker 1: Out with that for about sixteen years.
Speaker 2: But I mean, that's that's the thing.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: It's like it's some if someone likes whatever drug it is, I don't It doesn't have to be a drug. It could be sexy to be church and be working out whatever you know you're addicted to. To be like punished for your brain liking that, Like that doesn't make any sense. That's like, hey, you know what, I'm gonna punish you for having sex, Mitch, but it feels good. Yeah, But that's illegal. You know. I think they used to do that, actually, I.
Speaker 1: Think they Yeah, there's certain ways that the authorities had their eyes on people's lives way too much back then.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but anything they'd be like, yetta, bring them over here to my house first, like what I saw that in Brave Heart.
Speaker 1: Speaking of the government. Yeah, so what about we got ten, fifteen minutes, twenty minutes we're gonna be Yeah, it's we're starting, and you're gonna be up there leading the way. Yeah, you're gonna crack the whip on the whole situation.
Speaker 2: I hope it doesn't. Hope the sun doesn't come out, man, because right now it's kind of overcasts. It's cool and little breeze going on. Yep, there's not a lot of people.
Speaker 1: It's a little humid, but I'll handle that over like eighty nine degrees.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we're gonna get up there. And I know Marnie like, we did a podcast last night from the Hyatt where we're staying at. But somehow it didn't work out. It didn't didn't wake too, didn't make it. I said some pretty hot opinion, yeah takes, Yeah, some hot takes, and Martie wasn't a big fan, so it all. It's probably good thing that didn't air, But we'll talk about it one day soon. Because I know we haven't done a podcast in a while. There's a lot of things we got to catch people up on with, like what's been going on with us. But if you want to know that, come out and see us today. If you're already heading down to u FAM, definitely come and see us. We're kind of if you're looking at the front, we're all the way kind of to the back into the left, just a little bit like if you're looking at the building, if you're standing at.
Speaker 1: This, but if you're if you're out of the street, we're just to the left.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you're at the street looking at the building, you'll see us.
Speaker 1: The biggest tree right there, we're not far from it. You'll find us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you'll see nice tent. We'll come see us. I'm gonna go get ready. But I wanted to kind of do something for some people if they are driving here, to kind of build excitement, or maybe if they're not coming, they're like, man, I wanted to hear what happened this year, last year or whatever next year. I don't know. We still might do some guy on the street bits yep, so we'll see Corey. We sent her down in Boing City, out on the street again. Luckily that did not air did not go well, but she was gained for it. And I don't think we no, we don't have headphones or anything. I don't think no wireless, Yeah, damn it.
Speaker 1: I don't have my air pods because I'm sure we could figure out a way to do that.
Speaker 2: But anyway, yeah, we'll figure it out, right, Corey Smoker, that's right, that's right, Come see us at you fam. She had to like tone it down because she was like, hold on, oh, it's right there. Hold on, let me bring the level down a little bit. Yeah, come see us. We're having fun. We had T shirts, We got hats out here. We got new hats, two seventeen recovery hats. We have a white on white, the black on black.
Speaker 1: Corey, did you say new hat?
Speaker 2: New hats? But they're not new. The hats have been in my Martie's office for like two years.
Speaker 1: Well not all of them.
Speaker 2: All of them that we did buy some more, didn't we.
Speaker 1: We opened the two seventeen vault to bring out some of our history for you guys.
Speaker 2: That's what happens when Trump's takes your moneys. You got to stop making some mop so buy our hats. If you're a Trump supporter and you didn't buy a hat, was wrong with you. Trump's leaving it up to you to support recovery and support nonprofits.
Speaker 1: It's good to see the recovery gangsters here again.
Speaker 2: I heard one lady at this meeting that we did I know, we were wrapping the podcast up and out here we go again. Yeah, but it was funny because it was around I think Trump just got elected, and like people were freaking out in this industry, the recovery industry, in the behavioral health, and they're like, oh, Trump's going to do a listion to that, and this one lady's say, well, no, it's good. It's good that Trump pulls those because then it saves the rich people money. I know, hold on, I know you look confused ashit right now, but she's like, say, the rich pe money. And then you know what rich people do with the money they saved, Mitch, They donate it to nonprofits. Hello, come on, Trump people, to seventeen recovery dot com you can donate support show show Trump that you mean business, that you love them, and that you support him, and donate to two seventeen recovery. Uh oh, or if you hate Trump, donate to two seventeen.
Speaker 1: There's there's a large man in a suit walking this way. I think you've heard everything you just said.
Speaker 2: You hate him? Oh you don't. Here's my boy Ron, He's the politician. That's that's what I liked. So anyway, I got to go see us. I gotta go talk to my boy Ron about some I don't know stuff that he can do. And that building in there for us out here so we can stop someone hats and telling Trump supporters and Trump haters to buy our hats.
Speaker 1: All right, all right, right, goodbye everybody at.
Speaker 2: Two seventeen recovery dot com for more info. Mount see you