Speaker 1: This is WWE Superstar Drew McIntyre and you're listening to the WWE podcast show.
Speaker 2: The one that everybody wants.
Speaker 3: Me sixteen So die work your ass is my nd.
Speaker 1: You're going to acknowledge me?
Speaker 2: What is going on? Everybody?
Speaker 4: It's your boy Dan here reviewing Main Event for this week. I think we're onto episode four of the Main Event show with a lot of content happening at the moment. This has been obviously posted after or on the day of the Royal Rumble, so had to tune into that. We obviously know all the results there, which I'd like to dive into, but first we will discuss basically what happened on Main Event, which was aired the thirtieth of January, and we're recorded and been uploaded onto Peacock Saturday night for Eastern time and my time here on a Sunday during the day. So yeah, lots to cover here, especially with basically what's been happening with the Royal Rumble and what's been happening in the lead up to that as well, and seeing how kind of I guess the Main.
Speaker 2: Events show dives into that.
Speaker 4: Not a huge effect, but some of the results I guess did make a lot of sense leading up to that. So yes, as mentioned, this was aired before Raw. We had the first match, which was between Natalia and I think it was Alba Fire, which led to Natalia getting the victory here due to a sharpshooter, which was something surprising, I guess in a sense of having a submission victory, but with Natalia being her finisher, it does make sense. But maybe I would have assumed that there would have been a roll up victory here. I think looking at the fact that Natalia did enter the Royal Rumble, it did make sense that she won this match, giving her momentum into into going into the Royal Rumble. And yeah, it was a surprise not to see Alba Fire or either Dawn for that matter, being the Royal Rumble as well, but I guess from the results we did see probably won't needed, especially being a tag team as well.
Speaker 2: But yep, Natala getting the victory here, putting herself.
Speaker 4: Into some momentum for what was entertaining entertaining Royal Rumble. And yeah, it didn't really matter much in the end because she didn't win it anyway, but I guess for the fans that were there, they might have thought that there was a very slim chance that she could have won. But then we had the match between Our Truth and Ludwig Kaiser, which was such a great match. Love Our Truth. Our Truth's been a national treasure, been a legend of the company for so long, and obvious his like playing dumb gimmick has been nothing short of incredible. Makes me laugh every time you saw him at the start of the match doessing Ludwick Kaiser over the top bar thinking that it was a Royal Rumble match, and then you had obviously his momentum kind of moves of John Senna, who's his childhood friend. Obviously them being think Our Truth being a bit older than him doesn't really make sense, but yet again still brings out laughs. Our Truth getting the victory here, which was actually a massive surprise with a roll up. I'm not really sure why they gave Our Truth the victory here. I guess to make Ludwig Kaiser I look like a laughing stock twice in a row, because obviously no one that has watched main event would have saw that this this happened. So then when at the Royal Rumble, when Luke for Kaiser did get eliminated within like two seconds by Penta.
Speaker 2: This kind of would have been like the double edged sword essentially, So you're losing.
Speaker 4: Too Ar Truth by a roll up count victory on main event, and then the week after, when you're entering one of the biggest matches of your career, you get done within two seconds. So Kayles is gonna come back with a lot of vengeance. And I think with the match between Our Truth, there's nothing really moving forward there. I think there's going to be something with Penta down the line for sure, since he did get eliminated by him. But I guess that's probably why again they gave Ar Truth to victory. It was a shame that we didn't get to see Our Truth in the Royal Bubble. Would have loved to see him there, just for a bit of a spot where he could have just done something hilarious for the crowd to be entertained with. But nevertheless, him getting a victory here. Let's see what happens on RAW next week if he gets a spot, as we'd love to see him there as everyone loves to see Our Truth featured in WW. But yeah, again, it's been a while since he's had match, so it was good to see him, yeah on main event, showcasing and giving the crowd some entertainment before Raw started.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I guess normally we do.
Speaker 4: Discuss things about Raw and SmackDown, but due to the fact that the Royal Rumble has passed, a lot of the promos that have led up to the Royal Rumble kind of don't really make sense. There wasn't really much to kind of I guess move on there. We did see Seampunk and Cody Rhodes obviously having their spit out, basically mentioning that if Sampunk grins the Royal Rumble, be careful for Creater Roads, but that doesn't end up happening. We also get a promo between Logan, Paul Seth, Rollins, and Drew McIntyre basically talking and explaining how, yeah, they're all gonna be in the Royal Rumble and they're all gonna win.
Speaker 2: Et cetera, et cetera.
Speaker 4: But AnyWho, we will dive into the quick roy Rumble results. Before that, I'll give you my predictions. We had the first match that I predicted correctly. I know it sounds like I haven't done the show before, but I did predict that Charlotte Flair was going to win the Royal Rumble. It just makes sense considering that they're going to set up that match with Tiffany Stratton, and then also the promo before just indicated to me that she was going to win it. It would have been nice for Charlotte's sake that that promo didn't happen because we would have probably got a better pop there. But the match itself, yep, she ended up winning a few decent spots. The girl from NXT I think her name is I can't get off the top of my head, but that death Valley Driver to Piper Nivem was simply incredible. Her basically carrying double her body weight to do that maneuver was awesome and hopefully she gets her full time appearance now in WW hopefully on the main show as well. After that spot, we did know that she was as mentioned on TNA as well, so awesome to see credit to leave Morgan who helped with a bit of a wardrobe malfunction on Layer of Alki as well. She was really good in the match to last at a really long time, and it was really impressive to also see Rox and Perez make the final the final three or the final two in the end, which was surprising, but again shows that WW really rate Rox and Perez And it's only a matter of time now that she ends up getting onto the main roster and potentially performing there.
Speaker 2: There is a.
Speaker 4: Small little feud between her and Bailey that could probably be continued on live TV, so let's see what happens there. But yeah, next to the performance for Rox and Perez, but yeah, Charlotte Flair getting the victory. Alyssa Bliss's surprise pop was awesome too. She looks so cool in the ring, just giving that tribute to bray Wire and with her doll as well, coming out to a massive pop, And it was a massive surprise there that she obviously came. And it's been over to and a half years since she's performed in the ring, and I do think based on what I saw just a little kind of advertisement that Elysa Bliss was back and there were selling merch that she might be here for the long term. So excited to see what will happen with her, whether she joins the White Six or whether.
Speaker 2: She just becomes a single superstar.
Speaker 4: We'll guess, I guess we'll find out but again was awesome to see her, and then the other surprise was Nicki Balla, but I feel as though a lot of people were expecting a j Lee, which was a bit of a bummer because it would have been awesome to see aj Lee come out of the ring, and especially with the ramping so long, her skipping all the way to the ring would have been pretty cool as well. But hopefully we get to see her again next year. I would love to see aj Lee back into WWE, but I think she has no interest from what I've read in the past, she just doesn't really care about what's going on. I heard when Sampunk was feuding with Drew McIntyre mentioning her on the b on the wristband that Sampunk was wearing. She didn't seem to care about it, so maybe her passion is not with ww and she's not willing to get back into the ring. We then had the two out of three falls match between DIY and the Murder City Machine Guns. The Murder City machine Guns sorry, but the Murder City They're pretty good, but they didn't get it done this time due to I guess Angelo Dawkins and montes Ford interfering with the match. It was weird that Michael Cole had to basically explain the motives behind Dawkins and Ford, basically probably trying to just cement that they're not heels. They're still I guess babyfaces, but it does make their characters a lot more interesting and the tag team division a lot more interesting as well. You can see that there's a lot of feuds and a lot of discrontment between all the tag teams, So I do suspect that leading up to WrestleMania, we're going to have a massive whether it's a six man, a tag ladder match or a four man, we're going to see a lot of these tag teams involved in WrestleMania. So they're doing that well and nicely. But yeah, DII gets the victory here with the help of the Street Profits, but again doesn't really indicate that the Street Profits are aligning with them. They are obviously seeking revenge from being attacked backstage and obviously want their hands on the title as well. A two out of three falls match for a match that went for fourteen minutes, I didn't see the point. It would have been a lot better to have probably a different stipulation. I feel like, with two out of three falls, the match has to last at least over thirty minutes, so the fact that it only lasted fourteen minutes just didn't really make sense. I would have preferred it being a Tornado tag team match or something with I guess no disqualification. Obviously tag teams don't have that, but maybe a tables match or something.
Speaker 2: I don't know, but.
Speaker 4: Definitely the two out of three falls wasn't the ideal stipulation for this type of match, especially given that they didn't have enough time to work with. But yeah, we'll see what happens with all the tag teams moving forward. I love that the I wise turned to here. I think it's been a great angle. I think they're doing a good job with that, and it just makes them a lot more relevant and a lot more meaningful having those titles on their hands as well. So yeah, I think they're going to drop it at WrestleMania, but the feuds have been have been pretty nice. And then we get the my farther match of the night far out this match between Cody Rhodes and Kevin Owens and a ladder match, Kevin Owens obviously falling short to Cody Rhodes with that Alabama Slam.
Speaker 2: That was brutal, I mean brutal.
Speaker 4: You saw Kevin Owens's head hit the ground in his neck twist, oh man, like crazy crazy. And I think of all the ladder matches I've seen, besides probably that spot where Jeff Hardy speared edge edge spear and Jeff Hardy sorry off the top of the ladder, I haven't seen a brutal a ladder to match them that. And yeah, fair play to both, to both to both fighters there and both superstars for putting that out for us. Lots of massive yeah bumps, especially that Alabama Slam and then even that deaf Vally driver with Kevin Owens. We did see samu'se ain come out, and I thought for a minute that he was going to come in and prevent Cody Rhodes from winning the belt, but it seems as though that Kevin Owens couldn't even move, So even if Samy's Ain was to interfere, I don't think it would have made any difference because Kevin Owens did not look like he was gonna he was going to get up anytime soon.
Speaker 2: But Cody Rose.
Speaker 4: Getting the victory there celebrating in front of Kevin Owens as well. That was pretty brutal, considering that Kevin Owens looked absolutely ripped. And now I don't think this was a surprise. Obviously, it would have been lovely to see Kevin Owens win.
Speaker 2: It would have shocked the world.
Speaker 4: But what's going to be interesting is who's going to actually fight Cody Rhodes because it doesn't look like the Rocks anywhere to be se and there seems to be a lot of disgrunnlement and feuds scattered leading up to to I guess WrestleMania, and that no further was shown in the men's royal rumble. Who I guess the winner caught everyone by surprise, But I'm probably one of the only few that when it came back to or came down to John Cena and Jus, so I really was supporting Jay Us and John Cena is literally like my favorite wrestler from when I was a kid. I grew up watching John Cena. I grew up idolizing John Cena. He to me is the goat, He's the person that got me into w W. I grew up grabbing his merchant, being a massive senior fanboy. So I can understand why this was the case though, between those two, because we had and we heard all back, even in Money in the Bank that John Cena was going to compete in the Elimination Chamber, so I knew he wasn't going to win the Royal Rumble.
Speaker 2: He will get his seventeenth title.
Speaker 4: I hope he does, and I like the way that they're going with it, because if he was to win the Royal Rumble, it just I don't think would have made sense for the storyline that the fact that he hasn't won a match, he still can't get over the hump and getting a victory. He just just buys into that timeline a lot more and buys into the fact that when he eventually does cross that path and gets a victory and becomes a number one contender for a championship, then sudden to be looking forward to at WrestleMania. But enough about him, Jauso getting the victory massive surprise, well deserved. I know a lot of people saw how deep the Royal Rumble was with a lot of people, but I guess jay Us is been killing it and he's so over by the fans. He's worked so hard to get where he needs to be, getting a singles title, putting the bloodline food over his singles attributions, and his single goals constantly getting falling short of the World Heavyweight Championship. So yeah, much deserved, and he'll most likely face Guntha and what.
Speaker 2: People got to realize.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're probably upset that ja uso one, but it does not necessarily mean that ja Usa is going to be main eventing WrestleMania. Here, we could see this match between him and Guntha and the second night as the first match, just like we saw with Seth Rollins and Drew McIntyre. So don't think that just because Jus won the Roy Rumble he's going to instantly main event WrestleMania. He will get a championship match guaranteed, but that does not mean he will main event WrestleMania, So look out for this space. Besides the win, Jacob Fattu was incredible, so that was something to be noted of. I was actually really impressive bron Breaker the truth. I think he was awesome in the ring. That spear On Speed was wild caught me off guard. The spear On Roman Reigns was also really impressive and it does show that bron Breaker's got a lot to offer I in ww in the future, and it'll be exciting to see when he starts getting those world title opportunities, because yeah, he was incredible in the ring as well. Jacob Fatuus mentioned for what we know was unbelievable, But for me, the highlight was the Joe Hendry cameo.
Speaker 2: Which was was awesome to see.
Speaker 4: I was hoping that he make his appearance in the Royal Rumble and I'm so glad he did, the fact that he got eliminated from Roman reigns just shows the levels of like a stardom between the two. But we all knew that Joe Henju wasn't gonna wasn't gonna win the Rumble, so again, it was still good to see him appear for was about five minutes, and hopefully that day comes where he finally becomes a full time WWE superstar, and I feel like he's going to have a lot to offer when he does eventually arrive.
Speaker 2: The other probably thing to mention was.
Speaker 4: The Sea and Punk elimination of both seth Rolins and Roman Rains. Seth Rolins basically I think turning heel here turning and attacking Roman reigns with two curb stumps. But again, I'm interested to see how those three are going to be involved in this because they were obviously all seeking championship aspirations. But it seems like the feud between the three of them has sparked a lot of tensions, so that's something to look forward to. Another thing to mention, Penta was the longest ragining the longest lasting iron Man, which I guess wasn't too much of a surprise, but were able to see kind of what Penta can show, and it looks like wdwe have a lot of plans for him, considering that he did last a really long time. And then I guess the most interesting one was the Drew McIntyre elimination. There's a lot of speculation that they had something to do with a botch there. I'm not sure who was involved, but they reckon one superstar was trying to get the limelight. It'll be good to know if that is true, and if it's not, it will also be just I guess interesting how they would play that spot in the future, And it seems like they might find something for Drew McIntyre there, which is interesting, So we don't know if that is actually something that really happened or whether it's part of the storyline to make the next coming feud more interesting, but I guess it's going to be something we're going to look forward to on Raw and on SmackDown and as well as main Event, which will showcase I guess the episodes between SmackDown and Raw when PL's come. It is really difficult to record these because their main event episode does come out the day of the PL, so it's really hard to kind of backtrack and recap what happens on Raw and s Backdown when you guys already knowing the results of Raw Rumble, So those promos don't really lead into anything that I can kind of discuss or predict come the PL. But next week will be obviously much easier because we'll have Raw and SmackDown filmed and also the main event on Sunday before Raw as on Tuesday for me, so these all talking in Australian time. But again, Raw is going to be pretty amazing tomorrow. I'm really excited to see the ramifications about everything that's happened, what's going to happen with jay Us moving onto WrestleMania. So happy is won the Royal Rumble. I think a lot of views are upset, but personally, I'm more than happy with jayus So winning it. I feel like he deserves the spot and I really hope he does get that World Championship title because I feel like he is deserving of it and the only real way for him to get that spot is to win matches like this and win the fans over, solidifying his main event status, which is.
Speaker 2: What he likes to claim.
Speaker 4: But yeah, just a quick one today, Not too much to dive into a lot of I guess roll rumble talk, but yeah, in terms of the main event, not too much to dial into there. Hopefully next week we have a lot to cover, we get a lot of questions answered as well.
Speaker 2: And yeah, that's all for me today.
Speaker 4: Again, love the Royal Rumble, so it's always good to kind of give my take on what happened there. But again, catches all next week. Cheers.
Speaker 5: Thanks for listening to the WWE podcast. Don't forget to subscribe on your favorite podcast app so you don't miss a show, or head to wwepodcast dot com and for all of these shows, add free head over to Patreon dot com, Slash WWE Podcast. Until then, we'll see you next time.