Speaker 1: You did it. No, you did it. We both did it?
Speaker 2: Are we on on there? It is Welcome to the CEO pre Show for episode four eighty three.
Speaker 1: Four eighty three, Yes, sir, Holy shit, yes sir.
Speaker 3: Wow boy.
Speaker 2: We are brought to you by the wonderful patrons at patreon dot com slash Ceeal podcast.
Speaker 1: Whether they like it or not, we've got two new.
Speaker 2: Ones to think. They came into the discord. They got finger blasted seven out of ten, three.
Speaker 3: Out of five. Now what we talked about this.
Speaker 1: Man, they've ruined our whole life. I don't like it. Three and a half out of five.
Speaker 2: Sure, yeah, I actually like that. There we go, three and a half out of five. We'll thank them tomorrow. They'll get their CEO nickname.
Speaker 3: One of the benefit, one of the benefits.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and producer Gary can see a live nicknaming.
Speaker 1: Has he not been around for any of those yet?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: He probably hasn't.
Speaker 2: I feel like I feel like CCO Nation has been letting us down. But now that planning for Las Vegas is underway, people are jumping on the Patreon board, if even just to be part of the planning. We're gonna I guess we can talk about it a little bit now.
Speaker 3: I put in.
Speaker 2: My creator application and part of that asks you are you or do you want to apply for like a community panel, And I said yes, So part of the Vegas planning is going to be.
Speaker 3: Community panel planning.
Speaker 2: What do you think we should talk about?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 3: Yep, owners huge Boners?
Speaker 2: Yeah, speaking of Boner, we are doing a listener submitted deck tech for the first time in months.
Speaker 4: It has been a long time and we're finally going to hit the Energy deck and see if it's ready yet. Yes, it's been supported for what five sets now?
Speaker 1: But is it there?
Speaker 3: What was it? Commander Horai what it was?
Speaker 4: Fallout, had some stuff fallout and then this most recent set it had some stuff and then the other drift whenever initial energy set came out.
Speaker 2: That's three yep, Kalidesha and ether Revolt.
Speaker 4: Back in the day, there was some energy stuff in Modern Horizons three.
Speaker 3: Was that what it was? Or was it Commander Masters?
Speaker 1: I think it was Modern Horizons three.
Speaker 3: It was one of those two.
Speaker 2: When we got it was it was was it a team or Energy deck or is that the this one with with ether drift that's this one? Yeah, well, you know what it's across all five colors, We've got probably a hundred cards. I didn't actually do a filter and scryfall to see how many cards have energy on them.
Speaker 3: But we're doing a deck on it tomorrow.
Speaker 2: And I guess if you want to guess the Commanders, you never freaking will ever.
Speaker 1: Under in no way can you do it?
Speaker 3: No? And I don't.
Speaker 4: And that's my first criticism of the deck is it has they're they're there for colors, and they suck.
Speaker 1: It's a waste of it's in my opinion, it's a waste of a command zone.
Speaker 4: Oh, if you're gonna play Commanders just for the colors, at least pick ones that are good, you know what I mean? Like I'm not saying game breaking on their own, but I don't he here's a little spoiler, don't play Tanna and Timna.
Speaker 3: But like that ain't who it is.
Speaker 4: It's not who it is, because that would be really really good, because they're really really good. But like, pick something that's I would know I'm gonna stay on. Just play Saskia, especially based on some of the choices that just like what the decisions the deck has made, Saskia would actually be a really really good.
Speaker 2: Command for it, Saskia colors, I think so right, Yep, Well, I've got another criticism that i'd like to levy.
Speaker 3: Oh and you know what, it's not actually a.
Speaker 2: Criticism because it's it's all just auto generated. It's about dh REC where I went because we're bringing back the spice calculator for tomorrow. So I goes to dh REX and I says, I'm gonna look up these commanders and try and do some math to calculate how statistically spicy this deck is.
Speaker 4: Well, this is be insane because nobody's going to play this with these commanders still make no sense.
Speaker 2: Precisely and precisely. So that's not my criticism, though. My criticism is when you find partner pairs. A lot of the times, what you get when you go to EDH rec isn't necessarily what the theme of the partners or like a reflection of their synergies or why they would be put together. A lot of the times it's one of the partners gives you some kind of incremental value engine and the other partner is there for color and to thin your deck, if that's the thing. And then the EDH recommendations from media, Trick or CRAM are just a bunch of CEDH staples, and it's not really reflective of why somebody might in a casual environment want.
Speaker 1: To play that deck correct.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so a little bit of a breakdown.
Speaker 2: But uh, you know what the programmers are then, dah Trick probably smarter than me when it comes to programming.
Speaker 3: So I'm not going to tell them how to do their job.
Speaker 1: I will do better there.
Speaker 4: That's not I feel like such a like one of those like way up their bosses, like one that's just so out of touch, like a member of the board of directors that just walk in, Listen, we're not making enough money.
Speaker 1: I did all of you work harder and do better. See, I could be a corporate stooge. I'm super good to it.
Speaker 4: I sound it's very very authoritative when I said.
Speaker 2: That, you know what the irony of the corporate stooge is is.
Speaker 1: If they call yourself a stooge.
Speaker 2: No, they don't think that they're stooges. Nah, they believe they ain't stooges in their mind, in their world, they're important. They are not the stooge somebody else's.
Speaker 1: It's messed up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's ironic. It's backwards. It's not what you think.
Speaker 4: It's one of those things like you can lie to everybody, but you should never lie to yourself.
Speaker 1: You're lying to yourself sages.
Speaker 2: But they ain't because they believe. But still you're not lying when you believe it.
Speaker 1: Sure we are.
Speaker 3: Uh eh, it's not how lies work.
Speaker 1: It's exactly how lies work.
Speaker 2: Lying is when you know that you're wrong, but you're doing it anyways.
Speaker 1: There are people who believe the earth is flat lying to you.
Speaker 3: They are lying to no, but they're not lying because they believe it.
Speaker 1: They're saying something that is untrue. That is a lie.
Speaker 3: Oh man, we could get into this. We could get into it. Where's my good friend Aiden when we need them?
Speaker 2: Or better yet, where's Lara in the discord to argue something to the nth degree that has no actual real world application? CCO nationalites are going to know exactly what I am.
Speaker 1: Frick.
Speaker 2: So we got to show tomorrow Energy deck. We We've got last week's winner where we asked for people.
Speaker 1: To make make their own final fantasy cards.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, yeah, Now I want to announce the winner, but before I do, we got to talk about the booster prat game.
Speaker 3: Okay, we're going to ask you to do something on the pre show.
Speaker 2: Engage YouTube likes that, CEO likes that, and your boys like that.
Speaker 1: I've actually been really enjoying reading all the comments.
Speaker 3: So yeah, there's lots of good card submissions.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: What are we going to ask for this week?
Speaker 4: How do you feel about WATSA spoiling spoiling cards for Final Fantasy, getting everybody hype previewing cards then Spider Man, Yes, and everybody hype yes, sir, to the point that nobody even remember that Dragons of tark Here was coming up before either of those sets.
Speaker 3: Is that even what the set's called?
Speaker 4: I don't even know. I honestly don't know, and that's the problem. How do you feel about that there's an actual in world magic set coming out that even WATSA doesn't give.
Speaker 1: A shit about.
Speaker 4: Yes, and it's been made fairly obvious. How do you feel about that? Get it entered into the comments below or text, then he'd enter and we'll read it, and you'll be entered into the hat that Ryan's wearing right now. And if we pull your name out of it, you could be entered to win a CCO booster pack.
Speaker 1: No, that's not good. Oh it's a booster Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 4: A Ceco sticker pack or a Ceco token pack sits up on Ryan to see if he listens to me.
Speaker 3: Hey, couple quick things.
Speaker 1: Who won?
Speaker 2: Who cares? These hats and stickers CCO store you can find it link below. All the stickers are on sale. Stickers are on sale for tomorrow's show because we're bringing back the Spice Calculator and we got the Spice Calculator sticker. The ccovals the skullvil units, but you could also use him to denote whether your deck belongs in bracket one, two through four or five. I thought when I pulled them out of the box that they're in yesterday, and I thought, hey man, this's a good idea. Tis so the winner Martin Olsen seven one eight three?
Speaker 4: Do you think that was one who was He was born on the seventh of January in nineteen eighty three, and his name.
Speaker 1: Is Martin or mart In Olsen.
Speaker 2: In Olsen, Yeah, mister in Olson was probably trying to emulate the year that you were born. It was before common era seven to one eight three. Brando is nine thousand years old. I mean yeah, yes, okay, and he submitted a card for Youna.
Speaker 3: The summoner is that a somebody?
Speaker 1: Is that something that's the main character of Final Fantasy ten?
Speaker 3: Never heard of it?
Speaker 1: And ten two I guess as well?
Speaker 3: Ten two you mean eleven? Or is that twelve?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: I mean ten two? They had a ten to two, there was a thirteen one to two and three there's a there's a ten to two.
Speaker 3: That's the dumbest shit I ever heard.
Speaker 1: I know, I know, I know.
Speaker 4: And if you've ever want to if you ever want to see a rated E for everyone video game that's very very clearly pornographic in nature. Final Fantasy ten two?
Speaker 2: Also can I call this Final Fantasy? Also number ten?
Speaker 3: That's what like?
Speaker 1: Ten? Also ten?
Speaker 3: Also? Okay? So you know the summoner.
Speaker 2: I'm going to read the stats and then you can talk about the ability. Sure it's a legendary creature human wizard five CMC blue white green.
Speaker 3: Plus two checks out, okay, power and toughness.
Speaker 2: One four sure, sure, and then got a whole bunch of ability.
Speaker 3: Do you tap her?
Speaker 4: You get a six six a on named Valla four with flying in haste, tap and exile her. Yep, and she it has these two abilities. When it attacks, tap to creature defending player controls, and you can pay blue white, green three still seven damage to target to each creature target opponent controls, and at the end of turn, unit of the summoner comes back and you exile allions you control.
Speaker 2: So a on is like a token that etb's when Una pisses off.
Speaker 4: Ye, she's a summoner, you see. So she summons the demon or the demon the creature from beyond, and then it does a thing, and then it fucks off and she's there.
Speaker 2: Again, and because get me, correct me if I'm wrong, Okay, Final Fantasy turn pay turn based RPG.
Speaker 1: Correct.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: So a on VALA four comes in, messes around with some guys, gets dirty, goes to a gentleman's club, gets all hungover, bounces, and then Una comes back and says, why do you always gotta go?
Speaker 3: Aren't I good enough?
Speaker 1: Yes? Okay, that's essentially what happens. Correct. Okay, that's pretty good card.
Speaker 3: Yeah, pretty good card.
Speaker 4: And by pretty good I mean that would do a lot of that, do a lot of work.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The pay what is it? Pay five six six, pay six to deal seven to each creature target opponent controls. If you can infernal one player per turn, that's pretty good. Like in a token deck, like you might be playing in white, green, blue.
Speaker 4: And the token isn't legendary either, which probably should be. So if you have a doubling season or something, you get two.
Speaker 2: With them, Yeah, I would probably make that token legendary and this would be a mythic maybe, So then that token would be really hard to get in booster packs yea, yeah, it'd be one of those.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Also with it eliminating aon's like, maybe you'll actually end up getting a bunch of real cards with it too, and that be messed up. I feel like that might not actually happen, but it could.
Speaker 2: There we go, well, mister in Olsen, shoot us, shoot us your your actual everything and your address, and let let us know what prize you want, and we'll send you something cool.
Speaker 4: We'll send you that prize that you asked for. Yes, yes, yes, yes, which is something cool? Maybe a sticker pack pretty cool, or a token pack also pretty cool, or a lame mass booster pack.
Speaker 1: Oh man, I have a bunch of those for you. I got him from face to face Kelly I forgot to bring him. Yeah, for the onion bag, for the stinky onion many. She said, let me refill the onion bag for you.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, usually he does that to me.
Speaker 2: You know what's so funny is nobody actually believes that there is a stinky onion bag.
Speaker 3: Fools, there actually is.
Speaker 2: I had it in Calgary and I'm walking around with this burlap sack that's got like twenty pounds of stuff in it, so it's just like hanging like it's got a fucking ham in it, or.
Speaker 3: Like a dead cat.
Speaker 2: And I'm walking around and I see a kid, or I see somebody that I know, or somebody who's obviously new, you know, they have that.
Speaker 3: Horror about them.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I walk over and it looks like I'm coming to just heavy sack beating baby club them to death with a sack full of broken bricks. And they're looking at me like and then I whip out a booster pack and go here.
Speaker 3: You go, welcome to the event, Come play at our booth. And they're like, hey, what's this. I go, it's a freaking booster pack.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a booster pack.
Speaker 3: Let's see what you get.
Speaker 2: And then everybody's like, oh yeah, cool. So, yes, there is a real onion bag. It really is an itchy burlap sack.
Speaker 1: It is really full of magic gathering booster packs.
Speaker 2: Yes, and uh no, I've never worn it as a piece of clothing.
Speaker 1: You say that as if it's a lie.
Speaker 3: Ah.
Speaker 4: Yes, And on that note, what episode is it? Forty three for eighty three hit our theme song perbet