Speaker 1: Oh Ventures, Adventure, intrigue, mystery romance starring Humphrey Ball Guard and.
Speaker 2: Lauren The Call together in the sultry setting of tropical Havannah and the mysterious islands of the Caribbean. Oh Venture. Once again the magic names of Humphrey, Bogart and Lauren Becall bring you ould Venture and a tale of miss and in three. If I wasn't so tired, slate, I take what's left for the night, and thank you for putting me in the kid up I watched the thank A friend I haven't seen in twelve years comes to me with this little girl in the middle of the night, ask for a place to sleep. I sell it to him. That makes me big.
Speaker 3: It makes you very attractive to us, mister Shannon, who's had a tiring journey.
Speaker 2: How brother needs is there and you don't do your honey, You're wrong, mister ball I'm eleven years old and my.
Speaker 3: Bones are very weare.
Speaker 2: We're giving you the bridal sweet Bell, so you can rest your wary bones on silk.
Speaker 3: That'll be a welcome change. Thank you.
Speaker 2: I got myself a queen and I s diamonds in her eyes. Here's your room, Joel and here's yours, Ruthie. They're good. We've got lots to remember in the morning. Yeah, good night, sleep, glad that you I founded Havannah.
Speaker 3: Before you go, mister Shannon, you.
Speaker 2: Got change Sailor for what the buck.
Speaker 3: Change won't be necessary my piggybank dot sun dollar BMT.
Speaker 2: See, baby, don't be greedy.
Speaker 3: It's not fat pop, It's only that. I'm sure mister Shannon and mister Vall will say that the delicious warm glow that comes to them.
Speaker 2: Who's the honey job. I can learn so much from the girl like you. Give the piggybank a buck slate. That's a good price for a warm glows bargain here, Rudie.
Speaker 3: Thank you, bless you, good night.
Speaker 2: How about that Joe Ryan was a kid? Does me good? You like him? Oh? I shouldn't. I Joe's an artist ten years ago. He is the most promising light heavy in the ring. A cute right hand that only had to travel six inches. What kills the promise? I always killed at Sailor Quick go women the match. When I met Joey, who's working the car and he's taking on all comers. Me included fifty bucks to whoever could take him. You fought him for twelve seconds, including the count. Took me two seconds to keep my oversized trunks from diverting the crowd. Otherwise I'm sure you would lock up Slate. We won't have any more customers tonight. You've got one here waiting in the shadows. You want to writister, mister there lady later place. I want to ask my old pile Joel Ryan a few pertinent questions about the accommodation. Now, I say, Joe's rooms over at the ahead of those stairs. One be you showed me, mister, I get lost in about the hotels. Just don't argue with the potential room in bath. Slate show the general. All right, come on, Joe, Joe, it's Slate. There's a man here who what wait, I'm on her? What is going to wish your pleasant dreams? Joe, Joe, Joe, don't call him mister Joe lever Ansier and don't move or no one will ever answer you. Good night, Oh, Senor Blake, Uh come a boss singer. He's good to see her against Asso, Senor. He did me a fine favorite courvio in his envelope one hundred bucks. Thank you it was he was he know he was seeing Joe Ryan, like I told you know mm hmm yeah, like you told me you'll never see her again. Cove here. Maybe it's picture on the paper, but that's all He's shame. You know. Ryan was a qulorful umbrey with his fish. This I remarked to myself the whole time I both brought him from Key West to Havana. Uh. Point of information to me goes, what did Ryan tell you for bringing him to Avannon? I'll say hundred Perhaps I should have asked for more. What do you mean are you always did single lake? I'll single Ryan made it double cross concerning your fight. Let's be whispered the bar Ryan got suddenly rich. He's a fortunate man. M However, now he's dead. See he was a fortunate man singor once upon a time. Ruthie, don't look like that. Cry hide in the dark. Whatever kid's supposed to do when.
Speaker 3: Your father's killed.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't know, mister Barb, come here, let me home. No, No, Ruthie, I I I don't know.
Speaker 3: I know you want me to sit on your wraps so you can rock me to sleep. I don't think I want anyone to touch me?
Speaker 2: Just Pop, Ruthie, where's your mother? We could send for her.
Speaker 3: She did when I was a little girl. Pop said she was pretty and very gentle. No one else my aunt Sarah. She lives in Kanden.
Speaker 2: That's a new journey, Ruthie. You wouldn't have a police when I asked you about Joe, would you tell us? Yes, mister Shannon, why did he come to Avannah.
Speaker 3: He had a prize fight in Kansas City, main event. He promised me it was his last, and Pop once and then he went to a man and the man gave him a lot of money. And it was late at night. We took a plane to Miami and then the bus to keep with. Pop said wait till we get her. Vener Rusie and sweet Shannon, And and then there was a man with a boat, and it was late.
Speaker 2: At night and he brought us here, a man with a boat. Who is he, Ruthie, I don't know.
Speaker 3: It was a fast boat and it moved through the water like its name, like a dolphin.
Speaker 2: A dolphin that's what the boat was called. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Then we dark and Pop carried me to.
Speaker 2: Your he but he sold Ruthie's giving you what you asked for? Sa rocket a sleep? Hello me? Uh going to lois you. I want to talk to you. The emos and say you're is not shared by me? By this almost the same, i'm your face. What do you want of me? You've been foind it hours? A bast wants about called the dolphins. Oh oh signor you weed to make it for.
Speaker 1: Higher my boat?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: She sit Dan, we will make dog digular and established prices satisfactory. You might talk about Joe Ryan, but my god, I don't understand Joe Ryan, guy brought over from cy West, the gentleman who fights pistacles. She you Ryan, I did it to him, brought into a banner. It was my pleasure in my armor. Easy lost is with fame in Madador of the Swell circle. As I have said, it was my pleasure and my time of my hotel. And fanged him. Didn't you see you're your jury? No no, no swearing. He's swearing to everything knows you're doings. You're apps one. See. Ryan's such a well known man, Perhaps what of his arrival was well known? The Chamber of Commerce would think, great weather carve on something tells me you're gonna need the rest. Anybody here, good evening. You're looking for a room. I'm looking for a little girl named Ruthy Ryan Rusie. She's sleeping. I don't think she wake up. Please, I'm my mother. Oh back from the beyonder. What are you talking about? Ruthie's mother is dead, suse she is. Joe Ryan and I were going to get married. We Joe's dead too. That's why I want Lucy. I promised Joe if anything ever happened to him, I'd take care of Ruthie's Funny, Ruthie never mentioned you. She thought I've got an aunt Sarah in Camden, New Jersey. That's where we're going to send this. My advice to you is to go to cal Ruthie. I didn't come here to listen, girly, look you. As long as we're going to hassle, we might as well make some rules. Queens Berry catches catch can.
Speaker 4: You don't know what you're doing.
Speaker 1: You know, either you're wait in.
Speaker 2: Camden or waiting that chair over there, wait till slave gets back. You didn't let me finish.
Speaker 3: I said you didn't know what you're doing. You just bought a ticket to nowhere at all I've never been up to curly missus. Shannon, hop and I always sat right in the morning. We always have to rewrate calls.
Speaker 2: Your plane takes off at five forty five, Ruthie, We've got to give a jeep plenty of time to get there. Get in, Honey, ever ridden in a jeep? No, it's frank. After you've written in this one, Ruthie will be a child with a past. Well that's not over. Player. Don't Taylor that Creighton may be knock.
Speaker 3: Me, but you I know to get you there, bath Ner.
Speaker 2: Safety about Ruthie. One Lake gets into those ups on.
Speaker 3: Hey, what.
Speaker 2: Joe's little girl? Give it me killer complaint with black car? Consider it s Give me the kid, Shannon, unless you want this gun to make that jeep your sure what he says, Slate do it? Oh the man, Ruthie. Ruthie, don't be fighting for me. I'll go, Yes, my kid, right, Glad. I got a little girl like you. Baby, Hey, give me a hand now the back at Shannon, all of it in my back seat. Your tip, Pater, don't run after us, because my offer still stands. You'll die. Now Back to Bold Venture our stars, Humphrey Bullguards and Lauren McCall and the second act of our story.
Speaker 5: Inspectulasalle, inspector observed, please descide on the wall above my best, Senorita Delenti a pre translation of which concerns the keeping.
Speaker 2: Shot of them out do it to yours, luckless sal E've been sitting there on that swervel of yours for the past hour, just looking at us. What's the matter? Don't you believe us? A friend of mine was knocked off in front of my eyes. This little girl was taken away from us. I gave you the description of the killer. I also suggested you pick up a guy who runs the boat between Key West and Havana. Selah gave you so many gifts you give me eye bow low.
Speaker 6: Another questions, and your Shannon, since when is it your duty to do mayhem upon citizens who run both between here and Key West, to force them to go into hiding so that he cannot be traced?
Speaker 4: And what about the other?
Speaker 2: I point to another sign, Senorita e it, which spells exit, which stems from the Latin meaning closed the doors of You just can't throw us out of your office. Versal, You've got murder on your hands, and you need us to help e eggs it. Let's go sailor what you're gonna do with a bird brain like him? That's not important, Slake. What about Ruthie, Well that's a good question. You got a good answer, neither of I.
Speaker 3: Go.
Speaker 2: It's not there, Honey, nowhere in Joe's baggage, all the kids. I went over it with a financial razor, blade, bags, clothes, a deal. It's not there. Ruthy knows where it is, don't you, baby?
Speaker 3: All that money a double crossing daddy took away from us from Kansas City.
Speaker 2: You killed. Joe did wrong? Baby? Now, I look, Ruthie, your daddy want to fight. He shouldn't have one. He made us a promise and he broke his promise. And when a man breaks a promise like that, he dies. I look, Honey, tell us where the money is? Huh? And tell us where the money is? I buy your dog, but a gold piece of that piggy bank, like mister Shin and mister val Is a long time.
Speaker 3: They loved my father, They loved me. You were sending me back to ants there new reason alone?
Speaker 2: Tell us where Ruthie and you can still go to your aunt Sarah. Now I'll maybe after an ef, after you've dreamed a nice little bees shining and that, mister Val, don't have to go away like chilpad. Stay, don't hair Connie like you told me you used to do when chilvism.
Speaker 4: The thing to consider it. You a boxing mind, a lion hearted smugger. Order fine thee dimes, Shun those fellows who are Greek on the draw. A bullet is more final diner book to the jaw. This suggestion is open to all who he is. I'm for Joe Ryan, who will share out you. He was a man that I King, try to win twice.
Speaker 2: Not cut it out this this late.
Speaker 4: I was only trying to put into music.
Speaker 2: But you're not looking at the look. I'm slight face, King, I.
Speaker 4: Too am unhappy about what has happened.
Speaker 2: This is my music, is how I feel about it. This is the only way I know how to tell about it. Go out and say it to the sea gulls s what I mean. We better just fold our tents, King and make like Alan, get out of the way. Selen and I got a hand it to you, Koby. Oh, he's got a lot of guts. That's not gonna change one gently single he used to your advantage that I am here. If you break my face, I will not be able to talk to you. Talk to you? Go for how much money I'm gonna have to pay? How does that buy me? Not buy me anything? That you are a food? Do you think I worked in here to enjoy watching myself being beaten? You think that you are a food? What are you selling? Where is a child called the roof and a woman called Corney Jordan, and they kill called Lady Plate. I could break every break break if you will only get you broken things. But we're all of these people. One hundred dollars will get you there? Okay, one hundred dollars. Where are they got them? You're blanco in twenty Terreino crabb one hundred bucks out of the safe sailor and slipping into his pocket, And I'm gonna carry into plenty terraino that duck single shudder. Look like you wait in moon clothes with open arms to enplace your in most support you three people, they're a poetic water right on you over here. I give you this sided attraction free for nothing. That water in the sport high here. Maybe he don't watch off. I doubt it a man like Cavil here leaves a stain of foot deep catch him out. The sailor, he's here and all it all it. I'll tie up you too, cavail. Come on, she's fast, Sailor, wait here for me. You're not calling alone, sir, that's right. I'm not going along. Caveil Here's gonna hold my hand to me. If I show me to them, they reall you cavel. I'll plead your case. Come on place. They could kill you too. Here's a dime, sailor. If I'm not back in half an, I'll call a local John don and don't forget. I'll want change. You're on, Caveil pc or they give you big bulless for toll us pecus room. Let me go from you now. I need you to knock on the door of her knock. Here's your head for a door knocker. I could see what makes it seemed man, make you so pashent it she's not I knock. You should never have found me, shennon. Once I showed you the way, killer kca here here showed me the way. It's a world full of people to do your favorite. It makes me have faith again and make a prayer for your guide hill, he said, I only I told him, I plead this case. You don't get a man time to take a breath. Do you kill her? Yes? Suddenly went fresh, Shennon Courvio always smelled a dead barracouta breathe, How fresh the air is now. I give you one deep breath. I want Joe's kidding. I want Ruth. I promised her, I'd give you back to a debt. I didn't wanna break my word to a good little girl like Ruthy. You give me to her like that. They bury Joe's double cross money with me. You had it all the time. I underestimated Joe. I thought he'd keep it close to his heart and my hotel safe in Havanah. You give me, Ruth. I signed you to the doll. I got a better idea just flashed through my head, and I saw sparks as it went through. We'd all go to Havanah. You, Ruthie, Connie Meath's gone. You like my idea. It's a stunner. Get the kid, move Kobe out of the door, you know, Shinnon. I don't want the sight of him to spoil my trip.
Speaker 4: They got ourselves a rough night having me shun.
Speaker 2: I don't worry about it, Ruthie. Okay, Taylor, he's allowed with Connie about trying to how much did Ryan run out with Blake? Don't you know they thought you said you had it your safe and you know what things you better have it your safe. Don't give it a man. An envelope I had his name on it. I didn't open it. You should have. You would have got the smell out of twenty grand, twenty one thousand dollars bills. It's a lot of dough for a win. In Kansas City. Ryan was supposed to win the tank, but he didn't do He threw a right that knock just a phone him into the third row. Ryan sold me out.
Speaker 4: I'd sell you out too.
Speaker 2: Let's face it, mister Blake. You're the type. You were telling me a story. Yeah, sure, a story. Ryan made a deal with a bookie. I got to the bookie. He told me, if it was all over, said he paid off Ryan in twenty genoes. If he you're entitled to it. Huh, you look at the trouble of im. True, Rucie, what are you doing up here? Come on, let's take you and your piggy bank down below. So I wasn't sleepy, mister half I'm over here, Rosier can hold the wheel.
Speaker 3: Miss Jordan's tell asleep. She tried to ask me where daddy's money is. I wouldn't tell her.
Speaker 2: She drowsed off. That's all right, Ruthy. We know where the money is, you do, of course we do. But how do you know? I never told you you better go down to the cabin. Lucy let him in a kid, I said, wait, mist the ball.
Speaker 4: Lift the bowl?
Speaker 2: Catch what's my tiggy back? There's your money, Blake, get it?
Speaker 4: Get it, Blake? There goes another one.
Speaker 2: How you missed it? Huh?
Speaker 1: There's one over there, thanks Freddy.
Speaker 2: You know, people, if I had caught that piggy bag, mister Blake wouldn't be flat on his back.
Speaker 3: Blow pot, put it in my back.
Speaker 1: It was there all the time.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 3: I'll go down and talk Miss Jordan back to steep rock us in.
Speaker 2: Nice kid. Huh. I was like that when I was a little girl. I grew up nice too, didn't I. I'll let you know when we get home. Give me the wheel sealer, do you like it?
Speaker 4: Slay?
Speaker 2: Turn around? Alright? Nesty huh? Yeah, it's a marvel to me what they do with bathing suits in this day and age. Ruthie said it to me from Camden, New Jersey. This is the first time I've ever had a bathing suit from Canda. Material is nice, but it's a little baggy in the knees, don't you think? No, it's late. The kids said it to me, and I'm going to wear it. Well, I need to put a tuck in here and hear a tuck and hear a tuck and everywhere tuck tuck, tucket here. M h What are you gonna do with the sleeves this? Like them around your neck much to like they're all wooly. Hitch and try it like that, try it again? All right, well they still itch. Yeah, you can have them. What am I gonna do is woolen sleeves. You can wear them for open toad socks. Come here, say that now put your arms around my neck. Mm hmm all silk. I love it, and so our two stars Humphrey boll Garden Lauren to Call have brought to a clothes our latest old venture story. Special music was composed and conducted by David Rose. May we invite you to listen again next week at this time or another exciting adventures Starry I'm Free, Bogar and Lauren bacall together in Adventure