Speaker 1: Welcome to the two seventeen Recovery Podcast.
Speaker 2: If you don't make mistakes, you won't learn.
Speaker 1: With your host Corey Winfield.
Speaker 2: You know how you know fish as bad as you can't put it on pizza.
Speaker 1: And special guests Corey Smoker.
Speaker 3: I don't want to hear the hero over here, but then I know what you're skipping down the street over there doing, you know.
Speaker 4: And Mitchell O'Brien, I think to introduce people who should tell them a little bit about a little bit about ourselves.
Speaker 2: Got your as Welcome. It is the sixteenth of August twenty twenty four. My name is Corey Winfield Primary. I hope this isn't the first time listening. Wow, this podcast is great. You should check it out and make sure it on. I'm like, what is what I'm Corey Smoker.
Speaker 5: On Mitchell O'Brien this podcast.
Speaker 2: This got real quick. My goodness. That's how you start a Friday podcast. That's been a long week, I'm telling you that's how it goes. Man, It flew by for me, flew by and like Monday sucked it forever. Then Tuesday I'm like, is it Friday yet? And then yesterday I was on a phone call with somebody and I was like, man, is it Friday yet? He was like oh, he was like trying to get us a new office space with our same landlord, you know, and I don't know. But anyway, I was like, or we can go, you know, tomorrow, and he's like, okay, tomorrow, so maybe Friday then tomorrow, and I'm like, oh, he's Friday's.
Speaker 4: Only a day away.
Speaker 2: Like it felt like I was still stuck in Tuesday. Anyway, So it's been a long week for all of us. Cory Smoker, you are now employed by two seventeen Recovery. How's that going.
Speaker 5: It's going amazing.
Speaker 2: Your second day is a little different.
Speaker 3: It is a little different, but I like it. I feel comfortable. I've got to talk to a couple of clients, had some clients in the office today, and then I'm just trying to figure out some Zoom trainings and stuff. Marni's I'm gonna pick up with Marnie and start moving doing recovery friendly workplace stuff. And then I'm doing some trainings online and.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we kind of throw you to the wolfs and then like figure it out. And you kind of were very familiar with to seventeen recovery anyway, so you kind of had a head start. You know, if we're just hire somebody off the street, they'd be like, what is going on? And Mitch, you've been around for a while now, any advice for her just starting out?
Speaker 4: Just get that phone greeting down pat and will be good.
Speaker 2: It's two seventeen dot com. Hello to seventeen dot recovery dot com. I heard the phone answer that way today maybe huh.
Speaker 4: That was right after we talked about it, because somebody, somebody made a first time mstay and I understand. And then I just mentioned every once in a while, if I'm like on the website or something and the phone rings, I'll be like, do some recovery dot com And I'm.
Speaker 6: Like yeah, and then it's still better than addiction treatment services. I thought she could just add is across the street.
Speaker 2: That was just recovery.
Speaker 4: Happy that it was one of our friends at the Community Recovery Alliance because then I just got done saying that I used to screw that up, and then I answered the phone that way.
Speaker 2: Sure, ye, how it's done. Yeah, they just seventeen recovery dot com. What Corey's got this new like I would have been just lied out. He's got this new thing where he really wants to push the website, so I don't know, we're just doing websites.
Speaker 4: He blew right past it any care.
Speaker 2: So that's good. Hey you got a guy, I need to get them a treatment. Okay, now we're talking.
Speaker 4: Ye got you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we still do that. But I told her, and she had answered it adiction treatment services. It could have been like there across the street or you.
Speaker 4: Know, formally yeah, I don't formally know.
Speaker 2: I wonder if it's going to confuse people too, And she's like two seventeen recovery. This is Corey and people like what, Yeah, Corey was the dude I've met him before.
Speaker 4: Well, this is twenty twenty four in America. So sometimes people will call us let's when they're.
Speaker 2: Messed up. I didn't want to say fed up, intoxicated, oh yeah, or you know, a little not there, And it could really confuse him. This one guy, thinking of in particular, he'll call it. He'll start singing on the voicemail like it'll just be like we come in and we're like, oh, it was a rough weekend, you know for that guy. But if he calls new answer and he'd be like huh, like it's going to trip him up, so it'll be fun and interesting. And then when they start calling and that, you know the people, they're always like, oh, is Corey there? You know their accents? Yeah, from America and they were like, oh, that's good, because have you interested in the like and the health insurance and blah blah blah. You want to be Man of the Year award. That'll really trip him up.
Speaker 4: It's usually something personal because our phone number at one time was not a business line, right, And so then I'd be like, this is a business and they just click.
Speaker 2: I know, some ass hung up with me last week. He's like Mary there and I'm like, no, yeah, those are the ones and they hung up. I was like, oh, I don't hang up on me. I hang up on you, m jerk. I was talking to one guy today early. His name is Daniel. Apparently that's popular name in the Middle East wherever he may be from India, I would assume, but I really don't think that's his name.
Speaker 4: I don't think so.
Speaker 2: And he was really trying to sell me some insurance and he I don't think it was met with the answers I was giving him because he was real kind of confused. You could tell there's like a sheet in front of him, and he didn't really know where to pivot it. Finally, when I was like no, and he's like oh, and it was just the awkward dismount for us. And then I wished him a good day and goodbye, Daniel, and he's like, who oh, that's me. He's gonna go to those Boston. What do I say when they just talk about this other stuff?
Speaker 4: I get the Facebook message scammer versions of those is they're fun to play with.
Speaker 2: I don't get those.
Speaker 4: In the same corners of the internet I.
Speaker 2: Am, I guess not. And I'm not sad that I don't get those. I'm just saying Corey looks a little lost.
Speaker 5: We'll stay on the corner of the internet. I'm on there.
Speaker 2: We go, Mitch and Justin will play over there. I wish I had the dick pick to drop, which we got to play it now that I brought it up. So yesterday, yesterday you were doing a podcast with one Justin Burke.
Speaker 4: And the Treasure of You Found Entertainment. Yeah, you my holy Grail is what I called it. Okay, yeah, that's it is.
Speaker 2: It's something that I'm about to play it and you're gonna lose your mind if if you hear this. But I'm gonna play in the whole context. So are you playing both or just the one? Okay, that wasn't one whole clip. That was a little bit of this one, and there was like thirty seconds of talking in between the first and the second one. I just sent them to you like that, and I think I put them those all right, Well, let's just give that a listen real quick.
Speaker 7: And so that really got me thinking about how well that movie dictated that, you know, with talking to a psychiatrist. The thumbnail totally does not dick pick the movie at all.
Speaker 4: Dick pic whatever I tried not to say something the first.
Speaker 7: Time anyway, Yeah, so totally does not dick pick.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so whenever you can use that in sentence, now, oh Mitch, the way you came into the.
Speaker 7: Work today totally does not dick pick.
Speaker 2: Totally does not dick pic. We can use that, and maybe it's part of this Alpha generation they come up with this new slang and this ohio giddy or I don't even know what it's called. No but that doesn't dick pick.
Speaker 7: Totally does not dick pick.
Speaker 2: That doesn't dick pic.
Speaker 4: Bro, He's gonna be so mad. It's great. I I just breeze past the first one. I obviously heard it. I like turn, I like side to side, looking for you, like nobody heard this. Nobody heard this, It's recorded. And then twenty seconds later it got even better with the dick pic and I couldn't not say something, yeah, one.
Speaker 7: More again, And so that really got me thinking about how well that movie dictated that, you know, with talking to a psychiatrist. The thumbnail totally does not dick pick the movie. Whatever.
Speaker 4: I tried to say something the first time, anyway, I could not. I had I had to acknowledge it.
Speaker 2: You had to at that point, you know, the first one. Okay, like you there's more coming. If we stopped him every time, it would better be a podcast.
Speaker 4: Affect the other day, and it made me think, have you ever seen that Duck Dynasty, you know the beard guys, you know, yeah, yeah, he's our.
Speaker 2: Uncle SI, yes he is. He truly like I.
Speaker 4: Should ask him if he's ever been to Vietnam?
Speaker 2: Your friends answer spoke just like red these lass I know but that and that's that made it to the podcast White Knuckling It.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's in the episode, right in the middle of it, and they're right next to each other, like fifteen twenty seconds apart.
Speaker 2: So check out the white knuckling It podcast.
Speaker 4: Thinks I'm I'm mixing it down to post it and I'm chopping them up to.
Speaker 1: Send you.
Speaker 5: Guys are both on the shit list.
Speaker 7: Now, Well, I would have felt totally does not Dick pick that doesn't.
Speaker 4: I would have felt this bad, just a little tiny bit bad if it was like his memory card. But there was also the issue with the memory card, and so it was my memory card. And so I was like, I'm gonna do whatever I want with what I'm in possession of.
Speaker 2: Nine tents in the law, but in that case, it's one hundred percent of the law that's yours.
Speaker 4: So he was in there, he's like, I don't consent to any of this, you guys for defecation or something like that.
Speaker 2: I'm sure he didn't use that word.
Speaker 4: It's defamation, right, so I would assume.
Speaker 2: He, yeah, he would defication. He's probably been sued for that, so he might know that word. Though.
Speaker 4: That was my thing.
Speaker 2: I just losing it.
Speaker 5: You don't have to start something having English class. You're wrong.
Speaker 2: That's why Martie wants to start a book club.
Speaker 5: We could start pronunciation.
Speaker 6: Specifically, for I know there's not a lot of words in the Pooh books either, so we can start them out lightly.
Speaker 2: And I'd be afraid how how we mess up the word tigger.
Speaker 7: Totally does not.
Speaker 5: We need to pack this ship out the deck like we never even recorded this.
Speaker 4: No, we don't know.
Speaker 2: That might be can wait to call some some fun Friday now, Oh, it.
Speaker 4: Might be the longest I've ever laughed in the podcast.
Speaker 3: Okay here at two seventeen on Fridays.
Speaker 5: We like to promote fun and recovery.
Speaker 8: Does not Dick pick pick what we do here.
Speaker 2: Having fun to recovery.
Speaker 4: However, oh man, when you said dic pated, I want to say you did watch.
Speaker 7: Your one.
Speaker 9: Just like.
Speaker 2: You guess her, asshole. Have you just met us? I've known you for a few years.
Speaker 4: Man, Like I'm like, dude, you get me so much grap We do it because we love you, man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we do. And I'm mad at them, so it's that mad love.
Speaker 4: Oh I'm crying. Okay, what we're.
Speaker 2: Talking about recovery and stuff.
Speaker 4: Burst over today we are so recording.
Speaker 2: It's her first day.
Speaker 6: So you started on a Thursday, which most people are like, why would you start on a Thursday? Well, because this is what we do, and it fell on our paydays to where you would have to miss paycheck and and how we do our paydays like we pay up to date.
Speaker 2: So it just made sense that you started on Thursday. But what has has anything surprised you so far? Nothing? No, no, no.
Speaker 3: I already kind of knew what was probably headed my way, and then I was going to be working in the office with these guys, so I was like, you know, that wasn't ever like a contemplation like can I work with these guys? Or I knew that I could, And you know, sitting up there, you just don't know what you might hear, And that's okay.
Speaker 4: Sitting up there, you hear everything that happens in this office space you do. It's it's wild. And I think I told you that before, and you're starting to I know you've noticed.
Speaker 5: But then there's times it's like really silent.
Speaker 3: So like me and Cory were sitting here today, I know he's doing Texas, so I can just see his brain smoking.
Speaker 4: That's probably his fate.
Speaker 2: But yeah, yeah, that's my brain Too's like printing out the same thing any time.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 2: So I'm like, like, why did I put that in the other expenses category? What is that?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 2: I gotta go back to quick books and change it and put it in whatever I want, you know. I'm like, man, it'd be easy to say, have two categories, you know, but instead I got like fifty. And then I'm like, where did I find the six forty? Where's it at?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 2: I find six seventy of it? And I'm like, well, ten dollars is fine, whatever, So you can't find that, I don't know whatever, let's get on the taxes. And then since we made like eighteen gazillion dollars last year, which we did not make eighteenazillion dollars, but I had to do the other form, which is like the not the it doesn't have the easy on the end of it. I love in those forms. You can use those for anything. No, not this one. So I'm like day one into like day six, I think there's like six days probably into this bad Boy. Yeah, it's it's it's not dick pick.
Speaker 7: Man it's not totally does not dick pick.
Speaker 2: It does not dick pick. The fun we have here. Taxes no, and I had some guy asked me a couple weeks ago, or maybe it was last week, I don't know, but it's kind of rudebout it. He's like, hey, man, who does your books? Because you're counting? It was like me, He's like, f off, bro, for real, give me your guys number. I was like, well that I don't even know you dude. You're still not even save it to my phone. But okay, I do them. I'm not an accountant. I asked my brother who is, and he's like, shit, nope, Like I'll pay you and he's like that's all right. And I asked like three other accounts in the area. They're like, no, I'm good. I'm like, will you help me with them? Well, what do you need to know how to do them? No, I'm good. I was just gonna tell you to put like if you get gas, put that in your travel expenses. You know, shit, you can figure that part out, but file them for me. No. So last year it was easy because I could use the easy form, and this year, yeah, it's gonna be It's gonna take some time, but it just goes to show you that there's a lot that people can do when they don't think they can. Well, I don't know how. That shouldn't be an excuse. Not in twenty twenty four, because you can figure out how I got to October fifteenth. The file the boys, So I'm glad I started him early this year instead of starting on October fifteenth like I did last year. Because they find you it's like fifty bucks a day and I don't care for a nonprofit.
Speaker 4: Oh like, we didn't have to pay any taxes. That's how they got his ass is you ain't gonna be paying us no taxes, so we're just gonna let you go. We're not gonna remind you. Just go on. And it's like day want too fine?
Speaker 7: I got your asked two times because you can't drive.
Speaker 2: I can't drive.
Speaker 4: Somewhere down the line, someone to be like, how much do you guys paid for taxes?
Speaker 2: Well, we're not supposed to pay any but we have paid this.
Speaker 4: They got sneaky about it.
Speaker 2: We're paying taxes. We got fined nineteen hundred dollars if I'm not filing taxes on time. Yeah, glad it's nice and even I bought to wait another day and added fifty bucks to it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they'll find a way if you don't get on that and start and do it. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just it's yeah, and there's like eighty other things I'm doing all the time. It seems like too. So that's what I was. And Mitch, you're kind of in the same boat, like you've taken on different now you're doing this podcast, you're doing that podcast. She got a son, You're trying to be social, you know, like it's hard to balance it all, man, you know it.
Speaker 4: End up staying up until one o'clock in the morning just so you can talk to everybody that you're trying to you know, be around and be here and go home. Kid. The other day, I was like, I've committed my time to four podcasts, and it seemed like a lot until I was doing that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it takes time, especially when you're the one editing them and you're putting things together that that takes the most time. Obviously, it really tick pics my whole day digs fixture right up.
Speaker 4: But it'd be a real tiger sometimes I couldn't go it's been here, it's been here this whole.
Speaker 3: Time, letting it all here right now to defend himself.
Speaker 4: So we made up the cigarette.
Speaker 5: What's of his book?
Speaker 4: I'm never gonna be able to look at his friend, his tiger friend obviously the best part of this tiger has that.
Speaker 2: Energy, man, what energy?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 9: You know, if making a statement, I was making a statement man, you know, just.
Speaker 2: Like justin what's up, he'd be.
Speaker 10: Like, fabulous, Oh, I think I needed this podcast.
Speaker 2: But it's it's tough and we get busy sometimes. And I was scored. One of my idols. His name is Gordon Keith, and he does radio in Texas, but he does this discord thing and he was talking on there and somebody asked him, you know, what's what's your biggest vice? And they know he doesn't drink or smoke anymore, and he was like, well, my biggest vice is like would probably be just that I always feel like I never accomplished anything. He's like, I have this long list of things that I want to do and I want to complete. I can never get them done. And there's always something that I didn't plan on that day just happening and just taking me in a different direction and just and I'm like, dude, that's how I feel. Yeah, And I don't know if you feel that way, Corey, but yeah.
Speaker 5: Like time management is not a friend of mine.
Speaker 2: And that's kind of what he said too, because he said he'll he'll find himself on point, on task and then once he goes off task, which we all have to do. Everybody in this world has to do that at some point, and he just spends out of control with it. And it's so.
Speaker 4: Relevant here too with what we do because like today somebody should you know, two seventeen recovery dot com and you get the guy's treatment. Yeah, I'll drop it. I'm doing and I'll be there. You know, That's that's what I do. We're dropping center. We had that happen today. That doesn't happen every day, but we had that happen today. We had that happened yesterday. And you know, it's like you take time out of what you're doing to you know, sit and talk to people and try to guide them or help them. And it does like you have a you kind of have a plan in your head of what you want to get done in that day. But our job is literally to let go of that sometimes to help people.
Speaker 2: And today's situation was so frustrating for us because we can only do so much. We're not homeless shelter, we're not or anything like that, and we try to get people connected to the services that we can and they come in they're not from our area, so that already is a handcuff. But hey, if we need to eat some gas costs, we will, you know, to get a person safely wherever they need to go. Well, the rest will all wash out, you know if we do good and good will happen to us. So that's kind of how we look at that. But you know, there were a lot of things in play, and then we're you know, making phone calls and stuff, and these people are known already, and it's just like, okay, well they're and everybody was just kind of acting shady, like, oh, well, they're trying to get one over on us. Okay, even if they were, they're asking for help and we have to do what we can to get them help when they ask for help. You know, we can't just be like, oh, we don't do that because it's Friday. You know, that's other people can do that. I don't work for other people, you know, but what we do here is the damnedest to get that person where they need to go. And it sucks when we can't facilitate that, you know. And it was out of our hands. Like if that was a place for that person to go or those people to go or whatever, we would have taken them. But there was just no place. And next thing, you know, it's two thirty and it's like, well it's two thirty and it's a Friday, so yeah, you know, like the chances of you getting to a place because the closest place to us is out well that already said no, it would have to be next week. So it's just like an hour and a half away. You know what's next? Yeah, you know it's three hours to get up north. It's you know, four hours to Detroit. Where are you gonna go? You know, sometimes Hope does stop at five o'clock on Friday, unfortunately, and that's that's too bad. Sometimes it doesn't. But you know, most places, they they're businesses and they have to go home and see their families too.
Speaker 9: And.
Speaker 2: I don't know, it's just frustrating and you kind of feel like you lose sometimes and you know, I don't want us to feel like we lost, you know, because we couldn't connect someone. But we did all that we could do. You feel that, Cory, Yeah, I mean we tried.
Speaker 3: You know, we called to different places, We gave them, we let them use our work phones to call and do an intake, and you know there was stipulations and rules at that one that weren't you know, the client didn't want to agree with. And then the other place they couldn't take the one until Tuesday. And you know, I had gave the best suggestion, but like again, that's just a suggestion, like hey, I would call this place and at least get the intake process done so if worst comes the worst Tuesday, you have a place to and that you know, well it's not today.
Speaker 5: So you know, I did the best we could.
Speaker 3: And I offered that you know, we have meetings here on Saturday and Sunday, and that they were welcome to come and attend our meetings. And you know, I wish them the best of luck and and hopes that they can you know, find a place and get to where they need to go. But I mean there's two size of it, Like I sit here and I want to meet that I want to get them somewhere, but at the same time, like, was I working harder than them to get there?
Speaker 2: And there was a place in Grand Rapids that was like I'm on now and talking about guiding light and we prefer people there a lot. And that's when you can really kind of sort out the people that are just saying stuff that they need to say to try to get in somewhere and the people that are actually wanting it. Because the people that are wanting it go, So.
Speaker 4: Here's a possible plug for them, and a question for you because I wasn't sure I.
Speaker 7: Is there totally does not Dick pic doesn't.
Speaker 2: Pick the question.
Speaker 4: Is there? Women's open? Yes, awesome. So know before they were talking about June and I just hadn't followed up with them since Choll I think maybe the end of June. Yeah, And so that's cool. That's really cool because that was a long time and you know, work a long time in the work.
Speaker 2: Yeah, gouting light is it. It's a kind of a different program. They're not funded through the state. They're runoff donations and they have this program. It's long. It's like nine months, which is how it probably should be. And it's not for everybody, just like every other program isn't for everybody. There's there's not one that's just tailored for everybody. Everybody's gonna be happy. Some people bitch sometimes when they go to a place or I can't vape and I can't smoke, or can't do this, I can't use my phone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, make me.
Speaker 6: Work out, hurt my back, you know, like there's there's different places that don't work out for I went.
Speaker 2: Through Guiding Light and it didn't didn't work for me. But I still think it's a great program, you know. And it's it's a place where people can go, especially if you're if they're serious about wanting the change that's needed, you want to change your whole life, give it a shot. It's great. And they have like apartments. It's called the Iron Horse or Iron House probably would make more sense. It's not how it's not a horse. Oh is that?
Speaker 4: Sorry? Excuse me, Gez.
Speaker 7: But they oh totally does not Dick pic.
Speaker 2: Okay, so that that Dick pics hallway there yet. So I'm glad we got on AIRLA. But they they have this program where you can go live in these apartments. And I was talking to a guy last week. I offered it to him and he's like, well, I'm not trying to do no transitional sober living. I'm not standing in no sober living house. I'm like, well, actually it's apartment. You have a roommate, and you'd have to be sober. Yes, well, I don't want to do all that. I just need a place to live. I'm like, well, huh, I'm so confused right now, so confused. And I don't know if they would have taken him, but I was like, here's a phone number if he didn't even want it. You know, it's kind of crazy how some people will be setting their waists and I'm sure I was like that I would leave a treatment after a week, after a day something wasn't going my way. Nope, can't do it.
Speaker 3: That just shows me that they're not at that absolute defeat yet, not ready to just you know, make a decision, you know, be that totally humble, like okay, they got all these rules, just go there, just to bide by them for today.
Speaker 2: Well I have to be there for my kids or you know, my kid has this thing, or I'm trying to the kids. That people use that a lot because they think people are just gonna be like, oh, you know, we're gonna do an exception because you're waiting for your kid and sometimes I have to go back to jail. I have to go back to prison. Well, how are you gonna tell the warden, Hey, I need to go out because I need to go to see the judge and get my kid back so I can have them in here. Like those are your options. Like, if those are your options, that's a bad choice, especially if you're doing for someone else. Well I gotta protect this person or I gotta stay here for them or do this for that person.
Speaker 3: Huh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well you're gonna go back to jail or prison and you're not going to see your kid for another five years. Then, like how how's that winning?
Speaker 3: Or Like what I was thinking is like, well, I mean, okay, so you're you're you need to go back to court because you're fighting for custody back from your kids and they're going to terminate your rights. But yeah, I mean, you're you're doing You're living like this right now and you're homeless, Like maybe you should try to go and start helping yourself.
Speaker 2: Mh. But some people, they will get it twisted and I would do the same things, man, And I don't know if it's the addiction part or what. And it just makes you make bad decisions.
Speaker 7: It was totally does not dick Pica.
Speaker 2: It doesn't dick pick how I acted.
Speaker 4: I'm glad you said what you said, though, because it's hard for me. It just not And when I say, obviously what you said, Corey the lady one, this is difficult man, having you both in here, obviously, but it's hard for me to not just kind of drop it and be like, all right, cool when they start doing that because for my and I think you guys can relate, But for me, it never worked. When I started to do the but this, but that, but this, but that and the last time was when I let go of all of everything and put the recovery first. Everything I didn't want to do, I let it go and if they wanted me to do it, that's what I did, and it worked.
Speaker 3: I had to stop doing a lot of things I like doing and start doing a lot of things I don't like doing.
Speaker 2: Things you need to do. That's how I looked at it. Want need yep, do I want to? I remember having that debate with myself when I was at the treatment center last time, and I'm sitting there at the table, I'm making a pros and cons list and I turned it into wants and needs list and do I want to go to so we're living and live with you know, eighteen guys or whatever it was? No, do I need to? Yes, what's gonna happen to me if I go there? You know, I'm afraid I'm gonna catch some sobriety time, you know, like, like, what's what's the worst that's gonna happen. I'm not gonna like somebody. Okay, there's a lot of people don't like, you know. And I learned that last time in treatment too, how to only not only control the things like only that I can control. That might have to be a job because I didn't make any sense. But I also learned that not everything's my Jesus crime, Ay, what's happening here? Thanks again for listening. Yeah, yeah, so it was if I can get words out of the mouth, I can't control what other people do, and I only have to worry about the things that I can control. I need some applause now, yes, yeah, I was trying to say yes, thank you. Thanks, and it made my life so much easier, and it was it was a better way to navigate through your life and through the thing that you're going through. So I don't know, but when people get caught up in other people's problems or other people's business there or other people's things, start doing it for someone else, it just doesn't work. But yeah, if you can make that wance needs list, it'll it'll really help you kind of determine. But a lot of people aren't ready. And I wasn't ready for the longest time because I still wanted to drink one day. You know, I'll wait five years and I'll drink. I couldn't wait two weeks. Sometimes after leaving treatment.
Speaker 3: I always like to say two to like, you know, from working over inside de Talks and seeing some clients, like i'd ask, I'm like, what is it that you have to.
Speaker 5: Lose right now?
Speaker 2: Well, my job man, you're gonna lose that, my house man, and they like money too, m hm, you know, and you're gonna start over at some point, you know, just come back when you're ready then, you know. So I have to tell them and do you.
Speaker 4: Want to push us all the way to the edge and lose your life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that happens too, So it's just a it's just a oh I changed. The thing was. This is quite the podcast that we got going. It's from the jump.
Speaker 4: It's been a real tigger from the beginning. I'm bouncing all over the place, That's what I was. I was referring to not our finest.
Speaker 2: But hey, we're going to wrap it up anyway because at least we did one right.
Speaker 4: It made me feel better.
Speaker 5: We made it here on a Friday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's true, and it's better than nothing, I guess.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean if you got a couple of laughs out of it, cool, great, it's more than a couple. Yeah, But it's been a minute since we've done a two seventeen recovery podcast, and Corey was your first week, so we wanted to kind of bring you in at some point too and get you on mic and say hello and introduce you to the world.
Speaker 3: So, yep, I'm here, So come on in stop by nine to five Monday through Friday.
Speaker 2: Welcome there you go. Forty five East eighth Street, sweep Bee, Traverse City, Michigan.
Speaker 3: Hey, hi, ask about some services we could possibly start a new meetings we.
Speaker 4: Have movie services in the background.
Speaker 2: Yes we do, Yes we do, but yeah, thanks for tuning in and we'll talk to you again later.
Speaker 5: Bye, peace out.
Speaker 1: Thanks for listening to the two seventeen Recovery podcast. Listen to over nine hundred episodes on the two seventeen Recovery app that's free in your app store or online at two seventeen recovery dot com.