Speaker 1: And one of your putty. I got a string going on here, something just cause my dog. Something killed your dog, my dog. We're flying through the air over the tree. I don't know how it did it, Okay, Damn, I'm really confused. All I saw was my dog coming over the fence and he was dead. And once you hit the ground like, I didn't see any cars. All I saw was my dog coming over the fence. Sat what are you putting? We got some wonder or something crawling around out here? Did you see what it was?
Speaker 2: Or was it was?
Speaker 1: Standing enough? I'm out here looking through the window now and I don't see anything. I don't want to go outside. Jesus Quice, you better Hello, hit the boddy out here? What quin? I'm out there?
Speaker 2: I thought of a.
Speaker 1: Bench about take forty nine. I don't know easy, am out there? Yeah, I'm walking right head all.
Speaker 3: Right, folks, that will welcome our guest to the show. It is Melissa from Georgia. Welcome to the show.
Speaker 2: Thank you. It's a pleasure to be here.
Speaker 4: I have been looking forward to this.
Speaker 3: You and I got to spend some time together over across the pond last month.
Speaker 4: How time flies when you're having fun. We were over for the.
Speaker 3: Red carpet premiere of My Bigfoot Life. You and Natalie, we met up at the airport. We had a fantastic time, so many laughs, so many good times.
Speaker 4: Were had over there. I want to give your take on that trip.
Speaker 3: I know that was your first time across the pond, So just in general, how did you feel about England and specifically the time that we got to spend out in the woods on Sunday. I know, my first experience there was a couple of summers ago when I got to go out in the forest for the first time over in England, and I was blown away by the similarities of of what we see here in the States.
Speaker 4: Talk a little bit about that trip for you.
Speaker 3: How was that trip and how did you feel about getting out into the woods over there in England.
Speaker 2: First of all, like you said, it was my first time across the pond, so I was really excited to visit another land other than Canada, and that was the only place i'd been. I feel like that's just an extension of the ad stage. So it was fun to go to the UK. I thought that people were absolutely lovely. They were so polite, so friendly, It's like you didn't know a stranger there. It was really heartwarming to me. The people, they just were so accommodating. It was one of the things that really stood out to me. The woods there were absolutely beautiful. I think I made a little video and posted it somewhere talking about how enchanting those woods are. And you can see where the fairy tales and things medieval times, so they talk about the enchanted forests and stuff. It deathIn thely fits the bill. But I did note that there were so many similarities to both Appalachia and the Pacific Northwest. It was like they came together and had a bearded baby or something, a moss covered baby. The moss there was just so thick all over the ground. It was so beautiful, and it would grow up the trees similar to like it does in the Pacific Northwest. Not so much here. The trees were just beautiful. They reminded me more of home. Maybe not quite as many trees, but certainly so beautiful. And like I said, it just had this enchanting type feel where you could the mysteries totally would be the norm in that area. Just so cool.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 3: The first time I made that trek. When Danny and I went over there a couple of summers ago, we took a train from London Heathrow into Somerset. We spent probably a week or so in London doing the touristy stuff, and then we took a train out. So it was so cool to be able to experience with you and Natalie getting in a car and driving across that three plus hours or whatever it was from London into Somerset and getting to see the countryside in a different way. I saw different places in the car ride than we got to see on the train ride, so it was really cool to experience. And I know you guys are going to be back over there in August. I may or may not be there, we haven't made that decision yet, but I know you guys are going to be back over there in August. So I'm really excited that you get to see even more of the countryside in hopefully different ways, because I think every time you go you get a little bit different perspective on the country, the people, the different areas. Obviously, the woods were what stuck out to me because very much like you, I think, if you put it so eloquently, in the video that you did. How it compares to so many different places here in the United States, whether it be the Southeast where you and I are from, versus the Pacific Northwest.
Speaker 4: It is like.
Speaker 3: The bearded baby, if you will up two. I think so many people miss that because when you say anything about Bigfoot or Sasquatch and you try to relate it to England, people tend to roll their eyes. But if you really go out and look in some of the places like you and I were, there's a possibility that something exists there. We were actually looking at a video that young Jet had recorded with his mom. I was actually looking at that yesterday and trying to slow down and do some comparison stuff. It's a really strange video. We'll leave that as a teaser for you guys. If you really want to see the any depth coverage of that, you'll have to check out legend Seekers over on YouTube. Daniel and Ryan were doing some filming while Melissa and I were out there, and Natalie was certainly helping with some of the filming when we're out on location, because I think we found the exact trees that Jet and his mom recorded that particular video of so I'll just leave that as a teaser for you guys. Maybe I'll throw the video up at some point once it airs over on Legend Seekers and let you guys see it because it's really compelling.
Speaker 4: Something is coming down between two trees. Let's just leave it at that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's definitely possible. I know you just think of it as like this big island or something and not even having a real forest that the forest is so beautiful in its own right, and it's very indistinctive. Like I said, it has elements of both Pacific Northwest and the East Coast Forest. But you can totally see that there could be some mysteries hiding out in there, for sure.
Speaker 3: I appreciate you indulging me in reminiscing about our trip, but that's not what we're here to talk about. We're here to talk about your experiences. But before we get into that, let's talk about the thing I like to start with everybody, What in the world got you interested in the subject of bigfoot sasquatch to begin with?
Speaker 2: It was my father when I was growing up. My dad always had an interest in bigfoot. I'm a child of the seventies. Jenexer so we would watch Insertia with the Leonard Nimoy, and we did all these little programs would come on from time to time and they would have Bigfoot would be the subject of the program, and so I would watch those things with him. And then he had this really cool book, I think it was a reader's digest book called The Strange Facts and Amazing Fiction. It had the famous Patterson Gimblin photo in it, and I just always remember just sitting down looking through those pictures of all the really odd things and just being really drawn to the unexplained. At a young age. It was just always a thing in the background in our family. We're a musical family, and my dad plays guitar and we would make up songs about Bigfoot and sing them all time. We were just crazy. It was just always just this thing, this mild interest in the background as I was growing up. And then in two thousand and four we lost my mom that summer and that fall, he came to me and said, I just want you to know that my interest in Bigfoot is still very much alive and well, and I've taken it to the interweb. And at that time, the interwebs were just getting going the information is super highly was just a thing, and he found the Bigfoot Field Researchers organization. Just got really excited about it because of course that's Matt Moneymaker's organization, and he had been on a number of monster programs my father had seen. He said, they teach you how to look for bigfoot. They put on these expeditions all over the country. They teach you how to look for bigfoot. And they're coming to North Georgia in February. And I'm like, no, that's so cool. And I could tell he didn't really want to go by himself, so I said, hey, if you don't want to go by yourself, I will totally go with you because there's probably a ton of weirdos. That probably the coolest weekend ever. So we ended up having a good time. It happened to be my brother's birthday weekend, so I guess my dad felt like he couldn't take me and not take my brother on my brother's birthday weekend, so he took both of us together. We have a younger sister too, but I think she was still in high school at the time or college wasn't available, so it was just the two of us. What was my dad and my brother is a federal agent. He's retired now, very type A type person and just thinks were all nuts, right, And so my dad and I basically ended up ditching my brother and going off and hanging out with Matt Moneymaker and doing some of the expedition activities on our own, and we just had the best time. We had the nicest, most normal people, which was surprising. I really thought there'd be a lot of weirdos. Their stories were fascinating. A lot of people were there because they'd seen something they couldn't explain, or someone in their family had, and those stories had lingered for a long time and they just wanted answers, so that's what they were there for. It was so fun. We had so much fun that we ended up going on another expedition right after. It was my dad and my husband that time. It was in eastern North Carolina. We did meet a few weirdos on that Troops put me again. Just had the best time. Nothing definitive, but it was just cool being out in the woods. I grew up a tomboy. There were woods behind my house. We built forts, we played war games, we did all that growing up so it was just like an extension of my childhood and I loved it so much. We went to another expedition. It was just my husband and I. My dad couldn't go with us that time. He had a deep sea fishing trip planned. That was the expedition that everything changed for me. We were in West Virginia. There was a group of newbies that kind of went out while all of us went to dinner. One night, there were three people that were brand new went walking down this trail, I don't know, maybe a quarter mile or so, and they sat on a rock. It was at nighttime. They sat on a rock out cropping, turned off their lights and just listened. And as they were there, they started to hear growls. They started to have things thrown at them. It was two guys and a girl, and the girl that was with them was one of the guy's girlfriends and she got really scared, and so they ended up having to come back to camp. But as they came back to camp, we were coming back from dinner, like ten of us, they were just telling us all about what happened, and so we're all look at each other and going, let's go back, Let's go up there. So we did. So thirteen of us went back and sat on that rock out cropping, turned out our lights and just listened and did the same thing, and of course, crickets, nothing happened. They were sitting there thinking about all the reasons why that might be. And I remember discussing with some other people, maybe there's too many of us. They were just three people sitting here, and we've got thirteen people. We got this huge group of people here, so let's maybe split up. So we did. We split up. Half the group went a little further up the trail to hunker down, and then I stayed with the group that remained behind on the rock out cropping. We had radios and we were calling back and forth, and we had this huge linebacker of a guy in our group that had a Louisville slugger, and he was appointed the tree knocker in our group, and he did and we radiated and he did some great tree knocks. They were really laugh and the group above us up the trail heard it and they responded, and this went back and forth for a little bit. Then we started to do a couple of hows back and forth. Right after I don't know, we've probably been doing this for a little while, maybe fifteen twenty minutes, and then all of a sudden, when this guy hit the tree. Immediately after he did his tree knock, there was this huge how right between the two groups. It was way louder than this guy could have done on his own. The other group immediately radio is back. That wasn't us. That wasn't us. We didn't do that, like we didn't do it either. Then we decided at that point we would do some hows right after this loud knock. After we did a series of a couple of hows. The only way I can describe it is like a man beast. How it came out of a huge chess covity, and it was up on the ridge behind us, up above both groups, and it just was if you've heard the Ohio how, the famous Ohio how, it was similar to that. It rose and was sustained and then fell, but it came out of an enormous chest. I don't know how to describe it other than a man beast type. How the hair stood up on the back of my neck. We all had saucer eyes, going, Oh my gosh, it's real, there's something out here. This is crazy. And so from that point on, different things started happening. People were seeing red eyes shine different places, They saw movements that went on. We were there like to well. After midnight was the first freeze. A lot of us were lie frozen, and so we decided, Okay, we've had enough fun. We're going to go back to camp. A few people remained behind, and a few of the people that remained behind did actually see the shadow of a silhouette doing the classic poken is head behind trees and stuff like that, so something was there. We estimated there were at least two and maybe three all around us that night. That was the first time I knew, Okay, this is not just people curious about the unknown. There really is something here. So from there I cooked. I started doing investigations for that organization for a time. I started interviewing a lot of people who had eyewitness sightings and just again found them completely fascinating. I started going on more and more expeditions. Later, I started helping to organize some expeditions, and then I started branching out and going all over the country. I had a friend of mine that got in it with me, and she was from Oklahoma, so we started going out to Oklahoma and places in Texas and stuff like that to do some expeditions. Again met the coolest people ever. In the course of that, going out to Arkansas and Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana, we met the guy from Louisiana who fancied himself some Marketer and Brander, and he had seen some of the videos that my friend and I had put up on YouTube, because again you got to remember, this was brand new the internet, YouTube, Facebook, all that was just barely a thing. People weren't even really using it, and so we had put up a couple of videos just for funzies of us being out in the woods and stuff. This guy has seen this elevant and said do you really should brand this? People would watch it and we're like, oh nah, whatever. Long story short, he made a Facebook cover for us and it was both of us standing back to back wearing black leather jackets in a different context. But he put it up against these dark, scary woods and then on the left side in bright pig and said coming fall twenty twelve bigfoot chicks. He created it as a joke, and so I put it up on my Facebook profile. True story. Within twenty four hours. Everybody who was anybody who had a Bigfoot blog, talk radio show, or any sort of podcast, any sort of block talk TV. Those were real posar back then. When first got started, they all wanted interviews. They were calling us for interviews. So we became skycrocketed to the front of the Bigfoot Sandbox pretty much overnight. So that opened up a lot of opportunities for me to meet a lot of different kinds of investigators and from different parts of the country, and to go all over and meet even more people, work on some film projects, auditioned for some reality shows, all the different things. It's just skyrocketed. So that's where I ended up. Then I ended up starting my own marketing business. About eight years ago. I took a little bit of a sabbatical. I never truly fell out of the interest of wanting to do it, but I went silent for a little while and was focusing on my business. But always every chance I got, I was still going out to go squatching with anybody and everybody who wanted because having so much fun with it. Whenever I got a chance. And just in the last couple of years, I'm in a good place with my business and all the things that I'm doing, and I just really I love it so much, and I just started to get back into it.
Speaker 5: And stay tuned for more Sasquatch out to see. We'll be right back after these messages.
Speaker 2: So I joined the Seekers group, the Seekers SEKRS, which is a Southeastern Encrypted Research Society. It's an honor tribute group for Bob Wilson, who saw a lot of people know is Grumpy from the Shooting big Foot show. Great guy, great guy, and so this is a group in his honor, and we basically investigate all forms of high strangeness. It's awesome people, We have so much fun. And then through that group I got to know Greg Ogels was invited to be a part of the Relic Films team and cheat documentaries about high strangeness, Bigfoot, their normal, all kinds of things. And so that kind of brings us to where we are today and how I ended up beating you.
Speaker 3: Let's get into some of the experiences. You know a lot of people. I know you're being very humble right now, you're being typical Melissa, but you know just about everybody there is.
Speaker 4: To know in the Bigfoot community.
Speaker 3: And you've been out with tons of researchers, and you've had tons of experiences, so let's get back into the experience part of it. This thing tends to do one of two things. People have an experience and they're like, oh, nope, that's good. I'm not wanting to get any more of that. I'm out, I'm done, or it does what seems like what happened to you and me and many other people in this the bug bites you and want more and more experiences, so you keep going out. Let's talk about some of the times you spend a lot of time out in the woods with a ton of different people. I know it's tough, you've had a ton of experiences, but let's go back into some of those experiences that you've had over the years going out and looking for these things, and let's talk about some of the things that have happened to you.
Speaker 2: Okay, there's an experience that I've shelved and I haven't talked about a whole lot on podcasts. I think I've only shared it one other time, So this will be new, and the reasons for that is because I just didn't know what to make of it. I've had more and more experiences now I have a really good idea of what I think it might be. I was out bigfooting with friends, and I was in North Georgia, and it was in a place that has a history of bigfoot sidings. I was on a trailhead. There were a bunch of people spread out. So there was a place that you like a parking lot, for this trailhead to climb up the mountain. We were spread out. Some people were in the parking lot, some people were on the edges of the parking lot, and me and my friend Kimberly, who was my best friend growing up. She passed away a few years, but she was with me. She thought it was so cool that I looked for bigfoot and she always wanted to go. So I took her with me. And then I was with another one of my bigfoot buddies, Keith, and so me, Kimberly and Keith decided to climb partially up this mountain so that we could have that vantage point with everybody spread out beneath us. We had radios. You would do the standard kind of thing that a lot of groups do. We just hunker down and listen for a while. We might do woodknocks, we might do a call here and there just to see. We were up on this rock out cropping and Keith goes, I think I see a light down there. It looks place moving and I said, oh, yeah, there's a street light on the other side. And so when the wind's blowing, it looks like it looks like a light is moving because I know what you're talking about, because I've seen that because I've been in this area numerous times. He kept watching it. He's like, I don't know, Melissa, I think it's actually moving. I'm like, well, keep watching it. Just keep watching. He did. So we were talking and we were listening to the radio chatter, and we just listened for a while, and then my friend Kimberly hunkers down over Keith's shoulder and goes, Melissa, I think he's right. I think that light is moving. And I'm like, peep watching today because I could see what they were talking about. But I was still pretty much convinced that it was the light through the trees. So anyway, the light starts to move in a more pronounced way, and I'm like, humph, Okay, that doesn't look like the light through the trees. That looks like it's actually moving. So we were radioing if anybody below us could see it. They were like no, And then finally we said, okay, I need somebody to come up. It looked like a headlamp and it was just moving back and forth, just real gentle like this. So I said, I need somebody to come up the trail towards us with a red headlight on, and you let us know if you can see it, or maybe you coming up will spoof whatever it is and it'll move further up the trail closer to us or whatever, so we can get an idea of what this is. Trying to rule out what we're seeing. My friend Robin comes up. He's got his red light on and he's walking and by the time we see him, his red light is just like the size of the peak. It's just tiny way down there. And of course it's a red light, so it's dimmer, and this white light that looks like a white headlight is pretty bright. And so as he starts making his way towards us, and this is a very steep incline, so it's slow going. So he's walking towards us or climbing towards us. That light starts to cover over the trailhead, over the actual trail. It starts going back and forth, but looks like it's coming towards us up the trail. Now we're sitting on a rock out cropping, maybe about ten or twelve paces off the main trail there, so we're just got a little off to the side, but we can see it. It's definitely come out from the wooded area where it was over the trail. It's just meandering back and forth, but it's coming up the trail and it's very bright, and so we're radioing to Robin. Do you see it? We can see it. It's just look up, don't look down or don't look like eye level, look up? Can you see it? And he's I don't see anything. I'm like, really, how are you missing that? It's just right, it's right there. Anyway, he's coming up. He's getting a lot closer to where we could yell to each other and talk. When he gets there. It bimly noticed that this light is coming really close to us. It's still over the trailhead and we're off the trailhead, but it's almost even with us, and right as it gets almost even with us, it grows in size and in brightness. Then it floats over off the trail in front of us, and it's I don't know, maybe fifteen seed in front of me. It hovers and then it shrinks really small, really fast, and just goes shoots off and then I hear. What I hear is like something running after it. We all looked at each other and went, what was that? It just shot off like a rocket? Did you hear it? Was that a deer? It sounded like something running? What was that? I would share it with certain people, and I just tucked it away. It just didn't know, just didn't know what to make of that experience. When people would talk about orbs or seeing orbs, I never really thought that was an ORB. And now looking back, I'm like, Okay, that was an ORB. The more experiences I've had, and the more the variety of groups that I've gone out with that have different perspectives and have seen different things and had different experiences, I'm starting to understand now, Okay, I think what I saw was an ORB. There are a lot of people that say, if you're seeing an ORB, you're seeing a bigfoot. I'm still open to that. I haven't seen the transformation occur, So I don't know, but I tend to think they're probably right. That's what it is. That's an experience that I had fairly early on in my experience but just didn't know what to do with it. But it's one of those really cool experiences because not everybody gets to see that, and I'm just like, that's pretty cool. And to hear the footsteps run off after it, and just to see it shoot off like a rocket, I have no explanation for that none. I don't know what would do that, Just to float so gently like that, get bigger, get smaller, and then shoot off and then hear foot steps after it. That was just a really cool experience that happened to me in Georgia. Researching that and talking to different people about similar experiences and just trying to learn as much as I can about what that might be, what that might mean. I've definitely changed my mindset, very open to different possibilities of what that might be. That's an experience that I have not shared very often, but in recent months I've had some really weird experiences which I will share next if you want to. That kind of opened my mind up to the possibility of big fit being more than what I originally set out believing it was.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I definitely started, and I'm still sitting in the flesh and blood versus the high strangeness camp, if you will. But the more I have conversations with people like you that I trust very much, that have had some really weird experiences, I think you do yourself a disservice, and you do the phenomenon a disservice in my opinion, if you're not at least open to having those kinds of conversations. Because we've been doing the same thing for sixty seventy years.
Speaker 2: And there are people that I've met and I'm sure you have too, that are very credible people that have had these experiences and you're just like, Wow, okay, Wow, what do I do with that. The more you do this, the more you're out in the woods, the chances are you're going to encounter some sort of what I consider strangeness. For maybe I don't know if it's considered high strangeness, but strangeness something that you just STI don't know what to do with bigfoot itself is strangeness to me. It's not the norm, but these other phenomena that seem to occur alongside Bigfoot sightings. I don't know Trey Hudson, who's a part of our group, who I think is. He's just a brilliant researcher. He has explained it. He does a really great presentation and if you ever get a chance to hear it, he talks about the paranormal aliens, Bigfoot, dog Man, all the different things is all facets of the same diamond. And I always thought that was so profound, such a brilliant way to explain it. And I thought when you start, when you get exposed to these kinds of experiences, you're just like, Okay, I can't just say that this is what bigfoot is, because do I really know? No, I don't really know. But it's not supposed to exist, and yet people are seeing it and things are happening. We don't have a body to study, we don't have pictures that are not blurry, we have very little video that is considered credible. We don't know what to make of it. What I always say in a lot of my podcasts, while people ask me directly, what do you think Bigfoot is? I say I know that I don't know, but I am way more open now to other possibilities than I was before, given the experiences I've had, the one I just shared, and then some more recently that really I come out with more questions than answers.
Speaker 4: Let's talk about some of those experiences.
Speaker 2: It was with Relling Films. I was invited to be a part of some filming for a documentary, a return to the LBL, and as soon as they said LBL, I just started jumping up and down. I didn't even know what they want. They just started about the Helvy. Oh, like I want to go because I've always wanted to go Land between the Lakes. That's just one of those places of lots of big food activity. I knew it for bigfood activity, I've since learned it's a place for dog man, paranormal, just high strangeness in general. It just incorporates so much. There are so many reports of all different kinds that come out of that area, and so I was excited to be there and just experience it, just to see what would happen, and just to see how it's just very beautiful there too, and just to experience the wilderness there. We were there filming and every day. If you know anything about filming, every day, there's a timeline of things that have to be done. Greg is awesome because he's a more go with the flow kind of producer director. It makes it fun and it makes it easier to do these things. And so we had a paranormal white witch that was there and she was going to be part of the filming. She had an experience with the god helmet. What they were telling me and what I was learning because I knew what it was. I had seen it used and different videos and stuff, but I didn't know a whole lot about it beyond that. And I knew that this helmet could if there is any sort of high strangeness in the area. It acts as a battery for making it more intense. If there is something around or some eyes strange just happening, it can happen. But anyway she did this, we had to stay away. They just put a camera on her. I was watching her from a distance while she was doing this. Because for those that don't know what it is, it's a helmet with some electrodes on it and they pipe in some electromagnetic energy. It's safe, it's a safe level. They do it all around, and then they focus on the left side of your brain because supposedly there is a scientist that has done research that if there's a concentrated amount of electromagnetic pulse in the left of megdala, it can spark some sort of a I don't know if I would call it a hallucination, but some sort of an event where you like a spiritual event or some sort of a like seeing the future kind of event. I don't know. The scientists created this helmet based on research because when people would have these deeply spiritual experiences or paranormal experience or whatever, they'll left amingola would light up in the scans or whatever. So this is how this was created. So she was doing this test. I was watching her from a distance. She was talking and gesturing with her hands like she was talking to someone. So she's got the helmet on and she's blindfolded. She can't hear. She's got noise canceling ear muffs on. So I was talking to the people administering the test and stuff, and I said, you know, is this normal And they said no, it's not normal. And I'm like, okay, So I'm just watching it happen and then later they do the other I always blank on the name of it, but it's a similar to Steve's test that they do, where it's the same thing. You're blindfolded and you have ear muffs on, and then basically someone sits next to you and they ask questions to entities or whatever might be around, and then you act as the receiver for anything. So if anything comes into your mind or if you hear it, you'res to say whatever comes out of your mouth. And so a lot of times when you see this done, it sometimes looks like there is a conversation happening, but sometimes not. Sometimes it's ambiguous what's happening. There was no doubt in anybody's mind that a full blown conversation was happening between her and the person administering the test, but she couldn't hear the person administering the test, and so it was very strange. And at one point she started channeling a young girl who was very much like a young teenager, and her voice changed and she took on a very frantic and crying and sobbing. She just became very upset, was talking about different things and about her sister and her parents and all these kinds of things. It just intensified. Again. We're all away from her, but my tent was closest to the area where they were filming all this, so I could hear everything she was saying. Became clear that she was channeling a young teenage girl. Well, she and her sister were in danger. Something was happening. At some point, a gunshot goes off, and.
Speaker 5: Stay tuned for more sasquatch out to see. We'll be right back. After these messages.
Speaker 2: It sounds like it went off in camp, and I got really irritated that somebody would be really irresponsible and fire something right there in camp. We have a guy that's our security guy, and I knew he would feel the same way it would come running up. So I waited and was listening for him to run up and say, you know who did that, or just to get all upset about it. And then he never came. He was way on the other side of the camp, but I knew he'd heard it. Everybody heard it. And then a few moments later, I hear another gun shot and I'm like, guys, right here in camp, who was doing that? And then I could smell the gunpowder, so I know it's close, and so we come out of the tent and I'm talking to Natalie was with me. I was talking to Natalie and some other people that were there. I'm like, did you hear did your gun? Sally goes right here in camp? Some of the guys thinking it was some hunter's way out in the field or whatever, and I'm like, I've heard some earlier this morning, but I haven't heard any recently. I said, but this happened right here in camp. I could smell the gunpowder. Did you smell the gunpower? She said? No, I said I did. And so anyway, after it was over, her test was we were talking to her and talking to the person conducting the test, and I'm like, that was so weird. Did you guys hear the gunshots or whatever? Long story short, she was channeling two young girls who had been abducted from Tennessee and taken to the LBL and murdered. The case was never solved. I think Martin Groves, who is a big LBL person, authored the person A lot of people know his name, I think had some involvement with trying to figure out that case, or at least he was somewhat familiar with the case. There were two male names that she mentioned while she was channeling, and one of the names she mentioned, Martin said there was a guy that was a person of interest in that case. Trey had been a string the test and he said, I just remember, guys, she was channeling this event and there was a murder of two people. How many gunshots did you hear? We heard too, and then I smelled the gunpowder. And when I realized that, I was just mind blown because I'd never been close to anything like that. I start with that story because again I was told that the reason they liked to do stuff like that is if there is anything, if there are any elements of high strangeness that can sometimes serve as a battery to make it more intense in the area. So we went out. They wanted just the girls to go out, or just I think it was just me and Natalie to go out to this area with Martin where they had previously had a really major encounter with big sed creatures. They'd actually seen them, several of them had actually seen the creatures while they were filming the last time. And so Natalie and I went with Martin, the cameraman and we went in to this area. When we went in, we did some calls. I have a really loud call. I did some calls. We heard like a coyote go off, and then all of a sudden, the feeling just got really intense in the area. It just felt like there were a lot of people moving in on us. Just got really intense. So some of the people there were feeling that there were bigfoot creatures in the area. They weren't the same ones that they had encountered in the past, and they were curious about me and Natalie because they felt like maybe not a lot of women had been up there, and so they wanted us to go a little further into the tree line. We had security guys in the wings, so to speak, watching us to make sure that nothing happened, because this area can be very dangerous with that kind of stuff. And so it was just me and Natalie in the front. The cameramen were back a little bit filming this, and then we've got security guys planted all around. I think it was Martin that it told us to try to go a little further in the tree line. That's what I heard in my brain. A collective no from all of the security guest base. But they didn't say a word, but I could feel it they did not want us to go up there. And so Natalie, she starts walking and I put my hand on her shoulder and hold her back and say, we can't go too far into this or they will all have a heart attack. We went as far as we dared in there. We were told to sing, so we started singing. As soon as we started singing, that really intense feeling of people watching us, a presence around us. It relaxed a lot. I've never had that experience before. I'd been in many places where I felt like I was close to one or maybe several bigfoot creatures, but I'd never had that intense feeling. And then I'd never experienced it relaxing so quickly, but yet feel like they're still there, still watching. We sang for a time and then it just got calm and it was just a hush. Then nothing else happened after that. The next night we went into another area. There was a cemetery area. It was a private road kind of place, and we got out on foot. It was a group of kind split out and during that night there were blobs seen on thermals. I got to talk to a blob. They wanted me to talk to it, so I did. I started talking to it, tried to pick it up, take it out on a date, that kind of thing. They were highly entertained by all of my antics. The blob just disappeared. But while that was happening, one of the guys filming and watching while I was entertaining the blob. I never saw it. I was just told to go over there and talk to it, so I did. There was one of the bigger guys. Something pulled him back, took hold of him and pulled him back, and he heard something whisper in his ear. I don't remember now what it said. It wasn't anything scary, just heard something and then something pulled him back that rattled him because nothing like that had ever happened to him. This is a big hunter guy that goes out in the woods all the time and has been researching bigfoot for a long time, and he'd never had anything like that happened. And so then we split up and we started hiking through this area. Orbes were seen. There was some movement and we did actually catch or one of the people in our not in our group, but in the other group caught on thermal something moving. They're leaning towards it being a bigfoot creature. I'm not convinced. I don't know exactly what it was, but the footage will probably be released in the upcoming shoot. But it was a little bit crazy that happened that night. So the next night, so this is two nights out from us going to the Bigfoot thing. They want to all girls, seem an all female team to go back up to the place where they had a previous bigfoot interaction when they were filming before. It was intense, the cameraman ran away. It was bad, and several of the people actually saw bigfoot creatures. So we went back up there as the same place Natalie and I had been and were singing two nights before, and this night is me and Natalie and four other women and just two cameramen. And we were told to go in and not be all sweet and maternal to be there like we meant business, to really go in very powerful and stand our ground and have our calls be more aggressive. So we did. We walked in. I put my hands on my hips because I was the tallest girl in the group, so I put my hands on my hips and got real big and real tall and just stood there here, I am deal with me. Everybody fanned out a little bit. We had one girl on thermal watching everything, and then we had a couple people with night vision on the other side, and then our cameramen were spaced out just filming us out there. Natalie let out a couple of really more aggressive, more masculine type calls. I did the same thing, and then the most amazing and horrifying thing happens. This pounding sound started, and it sounded like it was coming off the top of the ridge, but also in the tree lines around us. You could feel it in your chest, you could feel it in the ground, you could feel it through your feet. The image that came to mind to describe what I was hearing was something picking up like an oak tree and picking it up and repeatingly slamming it to the ground. That's the kind of sound that if I had to describe what it was, that's the closest I can come up with. It was really intense. It intensified, and then it started to change and sound like it was more beside us, on the tree lines around us. It changed in timbre to more like a drum. It became more rhythmic like a drum. It was crazy, And so we're all looking at each other, going, we all hear that, right, Everyone hears that? Right? Yes, we all hear it. So at that point, I am probably standing more in the point position and Natalie like right next to me, but I'm ahead of her, and the girl with the thermal is to my left but a little behind me. I started to get really I started to get sick. I started to feel really nauseated, lightheaded. I said that I started saying that to everybody, because I've learned that you need to say that if that happens, don't keep it to yourself. So I did, and Natalie said, here, get behind me, let me protect your energy. And I'm like, cool, I'll do it. So I get behind Natalie. Now I'm a foot taller than Natalie. Everybody's a foot taller than that. But we were on an incline with her being in front of me and me being behind her. She was pretty much blocking my vision at that point. When I went behind her, I started to feel better, and we tightened in our group. We got into a little tighter circle because somebody else started experiencing what I was experiencing, and so we pulled her in so she and I were right next to each other, and they tightened up the circle around us, and we started to feel better. And at that point we were still looking up the hill. Behind behind a tree. There was a ray of light, like if somebody was standing behind a tree and turned on a flashlight, but it was a dim flashlight. It wasn't a bright flashlight, but you could see it. There was like a light. We could all see it. When we look down at the top of the hill where this light would be shining, there were all of a sudden, three little entities at the top of the hill. They were crouched down. I could tell they were moving. I don't have great night vision, I could tell they were moving. But the others were describing them as really doing this kind of thing back and forth. They were doing this, and I'm like, so or those big foot creatures were just thinking what we want to do, see if we can try to get closer to it whatever. And then meanwhile, the person with the thermal is looking right in the direction that we are telling her where there these things are, because her night vision is shot because she's got the thermal up right, so she's looking she can't see anything. She can see nothing, there's nothing there on throw. We're all talking and looking at each other, trying to figure out what we want to do next. And then greg Our cameraman is in front of us at this point, he's in front and off to the side. He lets out three really aggressive calls and he does that. Then we turn back and look at each other and the beats start back up again. And then we're looking at each other and trying to figure out what we want to do next. We're talking about what strategy to employ next, and then all of a sudden, greg Our cameraman, who's a little off to the side and up from us, jumps back and screams. All of a sudden, Natalie, who's in front of me, but again she's blocking my view when she's standing up straight and I'm standing behind her because her head's in front of me. She goes down with her bear spray and she fires the bear spray and I can see and hear the stream go out about twenty feet and I'm with my hands out ready to get her, because at this point I feel like something just tag the caravan, and they're about to tag Natalie, and I'm like, not today, Hey, you're not think I'm a friend getting ready to do. What she and Greg both saw was this entity that had long spinly arms and was humanoid like. It was crouched down on the ground and it was gloping and coming down and charging at them this way. So when Greg jumped out and I didn't see this at the time because I was focused on Natalie, he drew his weapon and he said that was the first time since he'd been doing any of this kind of research that he felt that he needed to draw a weapon. Natalie what she sprayed, whatever it was, she said, it reared back and it retreated. At that point, we had to retreat because it's bear spray and it's everywhere and we're all starting to cough, so we had to go back down towards the road where all the cars were. We heard really wild dog calls and howls, and then our girl with the thermal gets a hit on a humanoid shape across the field that was behind us. There are little fairy lights everywhere. Seeing those, some people were seeing colored lights here and there, and then once we retreated, it felt like that intense feeling or relaxed again because I guess we were off their land, out of their domain, and they were happier with us where we were. But I will never forget the sound of those drums and the feeling of that. I have never experienced that. I've heard of similar things happening to people, but I have never experienced that. Natalie and the cameraman were the only person that saw that entity coming towards us, And based on their description, with all the research that any of us have done, it most closely resembles what's known as a rake. A rake is a paranormal creature. It's not a bigfoot creature that I know of from what livided knowledge I have on it. But again, after doing all that that evening, I just walked away with so many questions. That night, I don't know if it was that night or the night after. Something was playing in the water. We had a wash basin behind one of the tents and something was playing in the water right behind Natalie's tent. There were drones flying through our camp like at four in the morning. There was weird stuff happening. Then twice our cameraman got really sick. At one point he got so sick he was walking like a drunk person and we had to take him by the arm and get him in the car. He had to go lay down for a couple of hours before he felt right again. And he got targeted twice. And that definitely sounds like the whole zapping phenomenon that's associated with bigfoot stuff. And it makes sense that they would come after the cameraman because they don't like cameras apparently. And speaking of cameras, we were filming all week long. We were there for a full week. We were shooting different things, sometimes around the campfire, sometimes in the field, just different things. Sometimes just stand ups where people would just talk to the camera about whatever they just experienced.
Speaker 5: Stay tuned for more Sasquatch out to see we're right back. After these messages.
Speaker 2: We watched them turn on the cameras. We watched them monitor them through the sessions of filming. We watched them take the cards and upload it into their computers. We saw the footage on the computer, we know it was there. So when all was said and done and they were back doing post to put the stuff together, to do the editing on one of the cameras, everything was gone. And this happened several times. There were multiple cameras running, but there was a camera that always by the time we uploaded, downloaded it all with steath, by the time that they got ready to do the post production and edit and put things together, it was blank. All of the information was gone on a particular camera. It wasn't always the same camera, because then you might be able to explain it as some sort of malfunction. It was different cameras, But what we did notice is that it was always the camera that was pointed towards the woodline. So take that for what it's worth. But all of these things happened, and there's probably several other things that I'm forgetting because the week was wild. But it really opened my eyes to how maybe all of these things are facets of the same diamond. Maybe there are just a whole lot more questions than we currently had answers for. And so as a result, that was one of my most recent times doing research and working on a film project at the same time, where I experienced things I had never before experienced, and it opened my mind to the possibility that maybe I need to be a lot more open minded.
Speaker 3: I think the longer you stay in this That has certainly happened to me over the years.
Speaker 4: Again, I've said it so many times.
Speaker 3: I've always been in the quote unquote flesh and blood camp when it comes to these creatures. I used to file those things away. I'd put them in those boxes that my cop brain put things into. Oh you're having weird lights and you're seeing craft and all this weird shit's going on.
Speaker 4: But you've also got bigfoot activity.
Speaker 3: So let me just focus on the bigfoot activity, because that's all I really care about. I can't do that anymore because so many people have these weird experiences that make no sense whatsoever. The rake thing, for example, I've covered it recently on the show over on Backwards Bigfoot Stories, and I think I even put something out here on sasquatch Ota. See it's actually from here in North Carolina from several years ago. I think it was maybe eight or ten years ago, maybe a little bit more recent, where this guy was driving down the road and he sees what looks like a Civil War soldier with blood streaming down his face.
Speaker 2: I know that encounter. I've read about it. It is crazy.
Speaker 3: He called nine one one because he thought somebody was genuinely in distress. He's calling nine one one and this thing jumps on the back of his moving pickup truck and he's screaming, that's not human, that's not human. And what he described very much what you said, Natalie and Greg saw was this rake like creature, this long, spindily armed ashen type thing that can only be described as what people know as a rake. It was circulating around and spinning around the drain in the Bigfoot community that people were posting this initially like he had seen some sort of a Bigfoot creature, but it turns out that it's something to me a lot more stranger. So those kind of stories, I have no reason to not believe what this guy saw. He called nine to one one, which to me, if you think about it, the average person that's listening to us right now, think about how many times in your life you've picked up the phone and dialed nine to one one.
Speaker 2: You don't do it very often.
Speaker 3: Most people never do, and when you do, it's typically something that you consider to be an emergency situation or at least weird enough for you to go I can't deal with this I need to call the police and let somebody else deal with this.
Speaker 4: So just the fact that he took it to.
Speaker 3: That point and called one, then he has this what sounds to me like a very genuine reaction of this oh shit moment once this thing jumps on the back of his truck. There's got to be something to that. So I no longer check those boxes. I just take all the data and put it in one place and say, I think it could be at least some sort of thread that ties between these stories that could in some way be connected. I want to be respectful of your time, but I do have a couple of quick questions I want to throw out there that I've been asking people recently, because I'm just curious to know. I have certainly evolved over the last i'd say three years or so in my journey with Bigfoot. I used to naively think everybody was in this for the same reason. They all wanted them to be discovered. They wanted to be recognized by science. I've certainly realized that that's not the case, and that has certainly changed from me in some ways over the last few years. So I guess the first question for you would be Where are you on the discovery the quote unquote discovery of these things? Is that something that you're really pushing for? And I guess the second part of that question is how do you think that's truly going to impact the species? Because I feel at this point, I don't know that they need us as human beings. I think they may be doing okay. And the only dichotomy that I wrestle with is if they are on the brink of extinction. And I do think there's a lot less of these creatures than most people in this would probably argue that there are. I think there are a lot less of them than most people would think, So I guess the question is two parts. Where are you on the discovery portion of this? Is that something that's really important to you? And ultimately, how do you think that's going to affect the species? If they were discovered tomorrow, next week, or next year by science?
Speaker 2: Where am I on discovery? I really would love to see one. I really would love to see one, just so that I know without a doubt that they are real. I believe that they are real. I believe all the people's stories. I believe in the encounters. I believe that you saw one. I just want to have that experience for myself so that I can say I don't just believe, I know that they're real. I think I agree with you. I don't think they really need us. So I think that if they were ultimately discovered and labels are put on them, if that's even possible. Because the more I do this and all of the stuff that I just shared, I'm still more than ever confused on what they are, you know I'm saying, So, I think we really have to understand what they are before we even have a shot and go into the next level, you know, I say, And I think they are so good and keeping to themselves and being seen when they want to be seen, that it's going to make it really difficult to tag a creature. Try to take a census of the population just say that did happen. I think that it's not going to do the population any favors, you know what I'm saying. They've lived elusive in this state. They're obviously intelligent. They may have some other mission or some of the reason for being that we haven't even considered yet, because until more people start sharing all of these stories, we don't know what they are, so I don't know how you can just take a census of the population and try to preserve them. I just don't see how that works long term. I just don't see how it works. And I don't even think that's a road that you really even need to bother going down until you have some sort of really good idea about what these creatures are and why they're here.
Speaker 3: I definitely agree. Before we get out of here, you mentioned Relic Films. Let's talk about anything you want to talk about before you get out of here that folks can check out about you, Relic Films, What you have going on, Bigfoot related or otherwise.
Speaker 2: Sure. Yes, Relic Films is going to be working hard this year on a couple of different new projects, and we already have a talk show called Beyond the Ordinary, and we have our first year's worth of episodes are already out. You can see them on YouTube. It's Relic Films Media on YouTube. Then we've got several documentaries that are out, you can find those too on YouTube. We've got some big annoutsits coming. Seeing about where else you'll be able to find us for those things. But right now, we would love for everybody to subscribe to Relic Films media YouTube channel. If you want to follow me, you can find my page on Facebook it's Bigfoot Chick Adventures. Or you can follow me on TikTok or on Instagram and my handle is Siren s I R E N BFC one Bigfoot Chick one, so Siren BFC one. You can find me on most socials.
Speaker 3: I'll make it easy for you guys. As always, It'll be right there in the show notes. All you got to do is click it, go over and show them Melissa some love. Melissa, thank you so much for sharing your experiences and coming on and talking to me. I've had such a blast talking to you today.
Speaker 2: Dere my pleasure.
Speaker 6: They say you don't have to go home, but your castay world happen inside Stasie chart this child, that chart. Everything come right back, Pride back for joy, for me, Joy stay right there, you come in right away.
Speaker 5: And still.
Speaker 6: Still st s S S S S S S S sayst dot dot dot dot dots still still passes States USS