Speaker 1: Working with the engineer on a couple of things. He's very excited to fix our little issue here. So all right, but uh, we'll do we'll do that later after the show. Uh So, A few things, few things I was reading some I don't tend to get super wonky and into a lot of the local races. And unless there's some quirkiness, it's not out of disinterest. Local races are really important, very important. In fact, they're so important. It's why you saw such dedicated uh so many dedicated plans uh and pivots by some big money domor especially among Democrats. All right, and this and by the way, here we're going to partisan attack. No, no, no, no, this is this is trackable and provable. And it's a strategy that that Democrats and a couple of big, big, big organizations. Yes I got to the George Soros, but the Tides.
Speaker 2: And uh you know several of those other foundations.
Speaker 1: They they did a strategy where they felt that there was more bang for their buck in local races, especially local judicial races and district attorneys races.
Speaker 2: Right, and they bragged about.
Speaker 1: It because they're very successful in doing that, getting some real moonbats in there. So they're really important.
Speaker 2: And I tend not to.
Speaker 1: Drill down unless there's something kind of weird going on or it's in some way, shape or form becomes high profile, because inevitably I get a you know, we had two hundred calls, people going, hey, I'm running for county whatever, can we get some airtime? And the answer is maybe, maybe, but we're not booking all individual stuff. That's why we do those casting calls, those open calls, so to speak. However, I was reading about one of the races in Wake County, and what I found interesting is not that there's allegations going on back and forth. That's par for the course. And then you get, you know, your mailbox gets a thousand of those high you know, high gloss, high quality little attack cards that you know you're probably using right now to keep a table up or something because they're worthless for anything else, and you know, and then those local races. However, this one, the the folks over McClatchy decided to go and analyze the race, and uh, for for whatever reason, go ahead and jump in on this one because there's this this allegations, Like one of them, I'm going to tell you about they exist in every race darn near. So the question becomes, why, all of a sudden am I greeted with a giant explainer article. Well, it's because it's a it's a really important competitive get of a seat.
Speaker 2: And so.
Speaker 1: My theory is that you know, if you're if you're news and observer, r e L for that matter, these are the races.
Speaker 2: You want to jump in on.
Speaker 1: Because you got your finger on the scale again my opinion, or why else would you break this down? So if you don't, if you don't know what I'm what I'm rambling on about. And I understand not everyone lives in southern Wake County. But if you go ahead and you look at the if you go ahead and and you look at the the race, and I'm trying to find the district here real quick, House District thirty seven.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, so this is.
Speaker 1: Currently held by Republican. The incumbent is is it Aaron is Eric?
Speaker 3: Party?
Speaker 1: Is it pair or party? How do I not know how to say that name all of a sudden? Anyway, Yeah, you know who she is, especially for those of you live in southern and she she is running against a Democrat.
Speaker 2: There's also libertarian in the race. His name is Christopher Robinson.
Speaker 1: But the article here is about her Democratic challenger, a woman by the name of Sophia Jackson, not Sophia Sophia safiy Ah. So I'm assuming that's pronounced Sofia who's running there and the attack ads And I actually saw it because you know, I get all the press releases stuff. I saw this and it just got filed along with the one hundred others that I get sent every day, and so I found it really weird that they were doing a race. But basically it's this and most ninety percent of this is confirmed. But remember it's also about interpretation by the McClatchy folks. So I basically Sophia Jackson. They describe her in the attack ads as a Chicago slum lord.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 1: That's a charged allegation. Man, Right, Chicago is that prime example of Holy hell. Social order is broken down and nobody cares we might have Venezuelan slash Chicago gang fights coming up. So understandably, the Democrat challenger is probably going to hold more traditional or current traditional I should say, you know, great ideas for making sure that you know, kids are kept safe, because this is what it's all about kids, and one of those is she's opposed to or has been opposed to, metal detectors in schools. So obviously I think that that is a dumb position.
Speaker 2: In an if it doesn't.
Speaker 1: Mean every school has to start with the metal detector, but if you have issues someplace, this is how things happen.
Speaker 2: But rather, the focus of.
Speaker 1: This whole piece is that she she owned a rental property and I guess it was a house that was split into multiple apartments, and apparently she was the according to the City of Chicago and complaints. Now these are administrative actions, and I don't know why the paper points that out. I don't think they claimed that she was arrested, but rather she received a series of complaints in her unit over over the time that she owned it, which was occupied by children in each of these instances, not just children obviously, of doing things like uh, you know heat, Ross, if you run in a place in Chicago in the winter, well, how would you feel about heat? You'd be a big fan of heat, right December.
Speaker 3: I mean I would rather have her than not have it, you would, I would prefer to have heat?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: All right, we're right right, we're gonna right. Well, you know.
Speaker 1: What, Uh, I had some bad news for you, dude. How about how about the week of Christmas and all of that, and then you issue a thing and then still doesn't fix it and no heat from December basically most of the month of December.
Speaker 2: How about hot water? I guess it's another form.
Speaker 3: Of heat, but yeah, I'm a hot water fan.
Speaker 4: I would say probably when I take like a shower, ten percent is actually cleaning my body and ninety percent is me just in in there going wow.
Speaker 3: I love heat as you do.
Speaker 2: As you do, I'm telling you.
Speaker 1: If I didn't, if I couldn't just momentarily pop my head, yeah, I don't even I don't even need a long shower in the morning. But what a difference just a couple minutes makes, right, even if just that little bit. So yeah, I'm I'm a fan too. We don't get that for three months and that's just one of the incidents here, and it just goes on and on and on.
Speaker 3: Now, can I provide my own heat by setting something on fire? Well, it's Chicago, right, so I mean whether it be frowned upon.
Speaker 1: Or no, Well, I don't know. I remember they did it that one time the whole city was cold, I guess, and and I think that they consider that a problem, so you probably shouldn't do that. And so now you have and I don't know who's sending it out, the state GOP or something.
Speaker 2: Who did I see tweet? This was it Wiley? So that's going to be state.
Speaker 1: Party, all right. So they're sending out these mailers and the news and observer decides to go ahead and get in there. So for every every little attack, ad is or are you going to do this or is it just in races that you've decided are competitive and you feel like you need to swoop in and save this because the problem is when when you have somebody who I kid you not literally, then works on behalf of kids, which which the candidate does, and you hear allegations like that, that seems a little hypocritical if you work for as she works with the head Start program.
Speaker 2: Which is you know about the kids.
Speaker 1: And then if you're running a building and you know these these issues were followed through and I guess she ended up getting rid of the building. But if you run a building in Chicago in the winter and you have kids, as your tenants. You have families in there, and you don't give them heat or hot water for extended periods of time, and yet you say you've dedicated your life to working with kids. I don't know how that's a smear. I don't know how that's a smear right there, especially because I have heard about Donald Trump's you know, getting into people going, well, why there's just a tenant, it's a rental situation then, And I've had to listen to Trumps for years.
Speaker 2: I've over the years, we've seen different different races where these became an issue.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: You know why because if you own a rental property and and you and you are literally renting to low income individuals, uh and uh, well there's a term that they would use, vulnerable, vulnerable families is what they like to use. If you're doing that, and you're also not meaning the most basic requirements and then ignoring it and oh, by the way, you like, oh, ross, did you want power? I'm sorry, I forgot to check. Did you want power with your hot shower and your heat in the house?
Speaker 3: Yes, I would prefer to live like a modern human being.
Speaker 1: But sometimes it's fun though, right, you know, like camp But I don't.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean if I want to go camping, yes, and face some bears. Yeah, but you know my typical day to day yeah, like power, hot water, and heat. I mean that, but that's just me.
Speaker 1: For all twelve months. Yes, Can I interest.
Speaker 3: You in I as long as I can pay for it?
Speaker 1: Yes, as well, you are paying for it's a part of your rent here. So yeah, So nine out of twelve is pretty good though, right if you if you were a Major League Baseball player and for every twelve at bats you had nine hits, they'd name the Hall of Fame after you. So, you know, nine out of twelve months with any of these utilities, that's pretty good. So, like, it's what got me is not the I would never eat. I would never just do this. The reason I'm even mentioning this on the show is because it's just such a weird thing to task your your your journalists with going through and trying to shed some light on this, because how many attack ads are going on in every one of these uh these these house districts across the state of North Carolina. Full go check your you guys, know, you go to your mailbox and they immediately just turn and throw all that crap away? What made this one so special? And what, in my opinion did is I think that this is it is one of the identified districts where they think they can flip it or it's a purple district, so of course they're going to get in there and uh, and and and and.
Speaker 2: Jump to the defense. And there's there's all sorts of little tells in the story. Right.
Speaker 1: I feel like a Rosetta Stone Dakota in this stuff sometimes right where they keep pointing out that she was a slum lord.
Speaker 2: Who faced justice.
Speaker 1: Well, it was an administrative thing. Yes, I'm aware that Seal Team six and the Department of Homeland Security after watching a two hour video, uh didn't kick the door in and arrest her like she's Pablo Escobar. But that's not the issue here. The issue is you're in Chicago. You've got you know, you've got people in there that probably don't have the means to just immediately pick up and move and it it demonstrates to people in that capacity a little about your character.
Speaker 2: Oh let's see, let's see, let's see. Yah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll get this little NFL stuff down. That that is uh, you know, it's a thing. How many of you, how many of you caught some of the game. I know you don't watch the Bills games ross because you're you're superstition and your Twitter thing or whatever. Do you watch other games or you just never actually watch You're just a Twitter NFL.
Speaker 3: Fan, I mean all all highlights and stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but great, No, no, no, I know that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and let's see here.
Speaker 1: I don't know did the Ravens look good or did the Chiefs look I mean or just I said say that, did the Chiefs look that good? Or did the Ravens just also look good? It was twenty seven to twenty spoilers, So oh no, it's good enough game, have no complaints. We got another game today coming up from Brazil that could be far more interesting. Right middle of the game, Jalen hurts, who's the Eagles quarterback?
Speaker 2: Drops back and it's like.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, it's an uncontacted Amazonian tribe, right, like, mix it up, make it yours, make it a theme.
Speaker 2: So I don't know how that's gonna go.
Speaker 1: I know the players aren't happy to be down there, which yeah, kind of sucks. You get a free trip to Brazil, but yeah, so that'll continue tonight, and it couldn't happen to two nicer teams. We sent down to uh, Brazil to play the NFL game, so that that'll be Packers they're playing tonight.
Speaker 2: And then we're we're into this thing. We are.
Speaker 1: We are rocking and rolling Panthers take on what Saints Vikings get to lose to the Giants. You can tell I'm pumped for the season. Uh, Bills are in early game two. You guys are who? You guys played Cardinals?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 1: I think yes, Bill's Cardinals. Just updating everyone here. Oh, let's check for Boston Paul's team, U Austin Paul. You guys play the Commanders. You play the Commanders who are in the news, I mean as Buccaneers, right, that's your team. I can't remember who you ended up with after your switch roof. If not, you play the Bengals, So alrighty and uh And then we're just into this thing. And of course we got we got some side stories emerging.
Speaker 2: We'll get to that in.
Speaker 1: Due time though. Let me let me flip back over here though, so as as I'm going through and I'm just kind of doing the round up here at the end of the week as we do on Fridays. Oh, by the way, we're gonna chat with Pete Callender. He will join us coming up in you know, a couple hours obviously at eight oh five.
Speaker 2: Oh you know what I promised.
Speaker 1: I promised the bosses I would remind everybody remember, if you don't attend this event, we will put you on the dead to us list, So you really have no choice. One of two events coming up next week, we will retweet. So if you go to our Twitter account, two different tweets, one right, because there's gonna be links in there, one for the Triad Bourbon Tasting event and another for the Triangle Bourbon Tasting Event, which happened next week Tuesday and Thursday, respectively. Tuesday, I'm gonna start the week in Greensboro next week.
Speaker 2: With my my new studio over there.
Speaker 1: That makes me sound very basy, and we'll do that event, and then on Thursday we'll do an event here in the Triangle, and there are available tickets. Now.
Speaker 2: The Triad event is gonna be a little more basic.
Speaker 1: In the sense that it's not gonna be all the full full, you know, like an overwhelming flight. But the in the in the Triangle event. Because we have a distributor partner with that, it's gonna be a little more meaty. But if you like bourbon, are you just like hanging out with folks, meeting some people and then talking about how the world's gonna end. It's what we do, and you know what, don't waste the effort. There's essentially been a silent coup around here for when they said, hey, do you want to do a listener? You know, a listener if I don't like, well, we haven't done one in a while, and I'm like sure, and instead it turned into this weird hey, thank you. It's your birthday thing, so obviously you know how much fun, how much I enjoy that, So that put a cherry on top. So if I have to suffer the birthday emails, you have to come suffer in person with me.
Speaker 2: And you don't have to drink the bourbon. It's okay.
Speaker 1: They got other stuff. If you don't drink, fine, we'll get you something else. So links for those at Casey on the radio makes you're registering for the right one or you like to drive, and that'll be next week.
Speaker 2: And the tickets, like I said, there's tickets available.
Speaker 1: They are limited, obviously, because we have to plan for all the stuff there.
Speaker 2: So once we hit that number, that'll be it.
Speaker 1: Details at Casey on the Radio, or you can go to Casey Ondradio dot com and go to our main page and if you scroll at the bottom kind of the station page, there'll be a link through. And then we have a link obviously floating around like in a bannerad right there on my page. Okay, so you see this is this is I'm not asking to do anything crazy. I'm asking you to come to a little happy hour. And he got an excuse, Hey babe, I'm going to a happy hour? Are you going to a happy hour?
Speaker 5: What? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, the guy from the radio. Oh we love him, he's so smart. Yes, come to the thing. Do the thing links. It's Casey on the Radio. All right. I will hunt every one of you down if I don't see you. All right, So let me get let me get back to this. Why do you threat the listeners? You know what. It's called tough love man. So coming uh, coming up. We got to get into a few of these stories. Uh, this is a hell of a plan. I can see a giant loophole here. The Kamala Harris. Let's uh cracking down on drug dealer's idea?
Speaker 2: Do you want to you want to talk about some.
Speaker 1: Bad ideas man? And and I want to be clear here, I it's not I don't think it's a bad idea, especially with somebody who was early on within the judicial system to try, you know, to do deferred things.
Speaker 2: Right. Let me tell you.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you about my criminal enterprise. So when I was in high school, I may or may have not been in the vicinity of small keg in a thing of wine which I didn't even actually know that was in there, in a friends truck. And somebody, uh it, she snitched on us because we may or may not have been going up to one of our big camp and mountain parties.
Speaker 2: So we did in Wyoming.
Speaker 1: And uh so anyway, and I I was hit with a very serious minor in possession charge, which I think was a fifty dollars ticket. Uh and uh yes, yes, yes, yes, Now.
Speaker 2: Did they throw me in Alcatraz?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: Uh wasn't even mine.
Speaker 2: But what are you going to do?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 2: Possession nine tenth of the law.
Speaker 1: They did a deferral program and they said, all right, and this is mostly the handle is the first time I'd ever had an issue, and they said, all right, uh, you do this, and then if you're if you're a good boy for a year, we'll go ahead and purge this thing from your record. And then you had to I had to do community service, uh, picking up trash at the parking lot near the library. And and then that was it. And and that's fine. And I never got caught again or went to a party ever, But I'm fine with that. And and on a more serious side, I've watched with family members who were dealing with addiction issues, and they were stacking up some of the criminal side of it, and you know, they were willing to look at at the record, but look at you know, the escalation of it. And it was through some of those interventions and it took a while.
Speaker 2: We were able to.
Speaker 1: Extract extract them from the uh you know, the the spiral that they were going through.
Speaker 2: And it wasn't easy. But like I understand that this is not that.
Speaker 1: As District Attorney of San Francisco, Kamala Harris uh uh proposed, because this is this is your own fault. By the way, if you won't go on official public record, with some policies. People are going to look at your proposals previously and when you're pandering the San Francisco citizens, it's not going to be a plus. Harris proposed a program for drug dealers.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 1: The reason this is again coming up too is because she stated the other day that she is all about criminal justice reform, and she's she has been at the forefront with her time at the AG's office.
Speaker 2: So you're the one who put this in there. And what a work like this?
Speaker 1: Drug dealers would only be prosecuted after their third strike, so not third strike like you get three felonies and you go in for life.
Speaker 2: The state of California.
Speaker 1: Did, which actually was that was that was a pretty big thing that California did that years ago. Three to the three strikes and you're out.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: So let's say let's say you're selling drugs, right, you're working your corner there, you're moving the prodding, making the paper. I don't know all the words they use now, making that cheddar and here comes here comes five.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'll give you.
Speaker 1: You know, you just walk. I'm just standing here, man, I'm not doing anything. And then you go through the process of them busting you under the program called Operations Safe Streets. I love the naming. Uh. The proposal would read like this, under the under the plan for prosecuting criminal drug enterprises. And these are not simple possession. I want to be very clear here. There is possession, but it's up to an including dealers, maybe not the dudes doing big weight, but for narcotic sales that are not part of a larger federal investigation, you'd have to have you have to get busted three times. So if you know you're you're Danny drug dealers standing on the corner there and the police come and they're like, hey, you're selling drugs, we've been watching you and all of that.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: They would then interact with you. They would confiscate your drugs and then they would write your name down and that would be it.
Speaker 3: But they'd keep that name.
Speaker 1: And then if you sold drugs again, what do you think would happen? Same corn, They come back out there, same cops, probably because this is like their jurisdic there's was it with this guy? Just so blatant. So you're right back on the corner slinging the drugs. They've already written your name down, So what do you think happens the second time? Nothing, Nah, they just they write the they write it down. Oh we had Danny drug dealer got busted again for this? This this all right?
Speaker 2: Hey, hey, do better.
Speaker 1: Then dudes out there dealing drugs is his passion.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: Now he gets arrested a third time, then he gets prosecuted, and because he didn't listen the first two times, that will be taken into account as part of the charges for the third time. So you at that point you would not be eligible for deferral programs. So what you're doing is you're essentially doing kind of the thing where you do a deferral. Right, his first time, he got busted for that. Let's see if this works. You're just doing that, but you're never carrying out any of the actual punishment penalties other than I guess confiscation for the initial ones.
Speaker 2: Well, I have a question. If I'm not going to.
Speaker 1: Get busted till it's the third time you caught me selling drugs again, not possessing drugs, go big or go home. Boys. If I get three strikes, I get two freebies, right, I get two freebies selling drugs. Why wouldn't you go as big as possible. It's like you're rolling the dice here. I'm not some street level dealer. I'm gonna figure out what the max is and I'm moving weight. I am escobar. And then if you bump, you're like, oh, yeah, is that my Yeah? Is that my my MD eighty airplane out there loaded with drugs? Yeah, but it's my first time smuggling all of this. These are the kinds of ideas that they're now pulling out of the woodwork. Let's see here, And this was initially going back to two thousand and five. According to Harris at the time, this would allow narcotic sellers to immediately be released back into the streets, but the records capped of essentially the interactions, with further charges encouraged to be included. It would be up to the prosecutor after the third arrest. You ready for that, obviously. That is someone say that's a pretty permissive environment. And we have a few too many promissive environments right here. But this is good. This is the kind if you're not going to go on the record with policies. I can't wait for her to be asked about it. This is one of those ideas she was a big fan of although it's hard to ask her when she's pretending to talk on her phone, which she keeps. Do you has noticed that whenever she's getting on and off the plane, she has her phone against her ear, but people don't think she's talking to anybody. And there's a couple gibbs, like how your iPhone acts when there is a call, but also shell have like the is she had like the charging cable hanging the other day and she's on the phone one of the photos that share the phone backwards. Yeah, you know, it's absurd. Yeah, it's like I've seen like slide shows RRE. I'm convinced that she's not on there, Like.
Speaker 3: She's holding her phone up to her head, but you can see the screen in the side.
Speaker 1: Of her Like yes, yeah, no, no, no, that's what I'm talking about. Your iPhone doesn't act like that when you're on the phone with somebody. It acts like that when you when it's trying to you know, face scan you or whatever. That's not how that works. And uh yeah, So I'm thoroughly convinced she's just like I should pretend to be on the phone. Does that work? Can I use that.
Speaker 3: If dude, I do all the time here when I'm walking I was.
Speaker 1: Just gonna see all the time, dude, just I'm gonna get a hat that looks like a phone taped to my head. I'm walking by, you know, you walk by the performance studio down there where they're always hold the big meetings that we don't want to get, nobody wants to go to, but you know, you do it because it's part of the gig, right, and boss trying to wave you in, you just point up to your head. You're like, can you clearly not see this phone attached to my head? It's just being done at the presidential level. That's amazing. That's absolutely me. I know people who, in the course of their job will do things to look busier.
Speaker 2: They will do things to.
Speaker 1: Look I got a buddy who worked He works for one of a financial institution there, and we were joking about this. He said that he when he first started and he was getting his feet wet, and he kind of apprenticed through. He's moved on, he said, in that sense, he really wanted to be in this industry and he does very well, but they don only give him so much work, and he realized he had wanted. He wanted to look like he was busy, so he had a like power points and a bunch of crider he keeps open on his computer, so at a distance it looked like he was he was planking away open in the morning.
Speaker 3: It's the George Costanza Seinfeld thing.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, yeah, yeah, ye see it.
Speaker 4: Every time your boss walks by, just look like you're like really upset and busy at your desk.
Speaker 1: Talk walked up. You ever walked up on a coworker who's a tab person, You know, the people who can mentally operate fifty two open tabs at a given time. Anytime I encounter somebody like that, I think you're insane. But also I have zero interest in deciphering what's on your screen now because I'm just overwhelmed by it. So like I get, I thought that was hilarious, and I'm like, that's smart because in the same way that you're probably being the irresponsibly judged for your work output and they're not assigning you enough work to keep you busy, and they're squandering your internship. So what I said, but now now you're the guy running interns, so yeah, yeah, they better learn the tricks, So any who will continue onto this, We've got to talk about Brazil and not just for the football.
Speaker 2: That's that's turning in too much more of a thing.
Speaker 1: And some dude in North Carolina found a loophole and it was quite profitable. I just don't understand how it exists. All that more coming up, and yes, Hunter Biden, we'll speculate as to what he'll do from a prison standpoint.
Speaker 2: Next hang on, talk about a little.
Speaker 1: Insanity, you know, down down Charlotte Way, and that's that's always a fun way to end the week. And of course, uh a roundup of many of the fun stories.
Speaker 2: So uh that'll be uh.
Speaker 1: Like I said, an hour from now, I have I have a little question for the NFL. I was I was asking ross this and then I ran out of time, but I just I did want to mention this. You had your opening game yesterday. You had your opening game, uh yesterday, and it's people's first taste who are NFL fans or enjoy it. And by the way, if you are not a fan and you want to call and tell me how you're boycotting it, don't care. I mean it's fine for you and that and that's fine. And if you do something you want a boycott, you want to send a message, it's no disrespect.
Speaker 2: Do your thing.
Speaker 1: But but I don't waste my time if uh and uh, because we're not gonna we're not gonna have a big discussion about let's boy cut the NFL. If you want to boycott him, that's fine. And if you want to boycott him for the absolute ruining of the first few minutes of the NFL season because I don't know what the what the refs are thinking. Uh, you go ahead and do that the reason that you open the NFL season And in most cases, I don't know if it's a hard and fast rule, but it's definitely how they do stuff.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: With the with whoever.
Speaker 1: Won the Super Bowl along with another good team is you don't want to put a you don't want to put a turt out there, right, They're never going to open the season with, you know, the the Browns playing the I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't even mean to pick.
Speaker 1: On the Browns, but you know what I mean, that's not that's not gonna be your marquee opening thing. You put the big boys up there so people are tuning in and what would you rather watch? There's very few people except for NFL coaches and players on the defense who want to watch. Uh, you know, a three to seven shootout or a defensive shootout, right, those are boring games unless you took the under I guess, but I'll work gambling in. Uh, but those are boring games. I want to see. I want to see a game, whether out their scoring or at the very least they're making some amazing plays. And and you get people excited with that. And yesterday and it was so weird. Uh, I don't did they did they hire refs and then teach them with a two hour video like the Secret.
Speaker 2: Service to go ahead?
Speaker 1: And uh? And and do this because on the opening drive for the Ravens they called illegal formation three times and it was just yellow flag and I'm all right, can we just get this going? And then both yellow flag and one dude got called twice in the in the in the same drive. Was that Staley who did that? The point is there was that there was clearly some time out shenanigans and uh, they all seem to hit Baltimore really weird, and it just kills the momentum. And if that's what the season is gonna be where the it's not about the two teams, but it's about the three teams, you know, the two teams playing and then the team of officials. That's the stuff people hate. I understand the safety concerns and all that stuff, but give me a break the NFL, the NFL any standard given NFL play, you could all you could, almost every time argue some sort of penalty.
Speaker 2: It'll be a blocking thing.
Speaker 1: It'll be uh, you know, one of one of the more basic ones that gets your favorite touchdown called back. You can do that holding. You could find holding or make an argument damn near every play, but you don't do it. You give them.
Speaker 2: You've heard the term, you know, let them let them play.
Speaker 1: It's like that in basketball, it's like that in football. And I almost turned it off in you know, if five minutes into the NFL season, could I just get annoyed with that stuff? And that's what we were treated to. And I do think it's interesting that the whoopsies as I see them, seem to mostly go in one direction, like you would think if they were out there officiating, and and even if they were calling one of those games like a tight strike zone kind of thing with the NFL version of it, that both teams would be equally dealing with the you know, these little nitpicky things. And it was like, Nope, goes against the Ravens. Oh again, here they go again, Here they go again. I can't figure from the video what the illegal formation was in two of.
Speaker 2: Those three.
Speaker 1: And and and then the chiefs come in and they're like, oh no, Mahome's gonna have a chain saw.
Speaker 2: That's fine.
Speaker 1: Now you win that, you win a Super Bowl, you get a chain site can run around with that thing. So that's a little frustrating, but you know, you still starve for football action, so you keep watching, all right, who wants to solve a mystery? He doesn't want to solve them? Miss Let's can we solve a mystery? This one's gonna be pretty tough, though, I'm just warning you, pretty tough because now an entire nation, an entire extended nation, when you know, bring about European Union, folks in the in the world watching what transpired on the streets of London here over the last month, right, you had a very high prison of high profile incidents. You had a bunch of kids that were a U what was it a Taylor Swift dance class? Obviously not with Taylor Swift. But they're just just kids. They want to dance to Taylor Swift songs. I don't get it, but you know, I get why kids get it. That's great, that's innocent, that's something you do. And then what do they get for their troubles? A bunch of them get murdered, stabbed A knife crime is to the point where you have like sharpened spoon amnesty boxes. You got a lot of stuff going on there, and I don't purport to understand it fully from the ground, as I don't live there. But when I see the policies and I see the brazenness of protesters, including counter protesters that will escalate, you know, stuff to violence, it does not surprise me that people who purport to be fed up with stuff will come out and some of them will do violent things, And to be clear, I don't think any of them should. But you then watch a very two tiered response from the new idiots in charge over there, right where they are, Oh, we're gonna we will extra.
Speaker 2: I have to say it out loud because it's so stupid.
Speaker 1: If you are a British citizen or even if you're not and we feel that you violated, are you know, don't hurt people's feelings of legislation over here. We want we'll we'll extradite you, which is crap they're threatening to do. So with all of that in mind, the Guardian decided to go ahead and take a look at the thing because I don't know if you know this. They've had are you light coverage of some of the big incidents that people say that they're they're concerned about, but a lot of coverage when people are out there smashing windows and doing all that, which again I might cover them both. Well, now Keir Starmer has once again, because it's literally been a month since.
Speaker 2: You saw some of these bigger riots.
Speaker 1: Uh he has, he has warned of elevated consequences and a judge has worn't citizens will now be arrested.
Speaker 2: For casually observing rioting.
Speaker 1: Uh So the Guardian decided we better get in this thing all right. So here's the article, Racism, question mark, poverty, drink and social media. We still don't know why Britain's rioted a month ago and we need answers. So the Guardian newspaper and all these these little want to be dictators, EU lovers and other progresses over in the UK system there who love all this free speech clampdown stuff. You don't know why people are mad because this is this is the thing it was, and we talked about this. If if people feel that they're at a breaking point for whatever it is, whether it's you know, a BLM thing or you don't feel that there's justice within police and uh, and you not not just ignore it, but you never even look into it, or we'll have that conversation, then you're not going to do anything to appease people. And if you pretend like there's not an issue, you can't understand why they're mad, you're doing the gas lighting that we see over we see in the US all the time. Right, people are sitting there and they're looking at a weaponized DJ and then they show up to do stuff and and they there's an outsized treatment to the way that the law handles them. You're in the UK and you can't figure out why British citizens are are going out and for the most part not rioting, but a bunch are because you know opportunity there and and you you want to pretend like you don't understand why it is, and it's because it is. You can't say it out loud, you can't sit there and you know, let's say, let's say you're in a room that's filling up with water.
Speaker 2: Right, you don't do something, you're gonna drown.
Speaker 1: And I want to be very clear here, this comes down to how it plays out on the ground. Like you can love the idea of let's move in you know, a huge swath of people and fundamentally overnight change the demographics of an area because people are people, There's there's gonna be stuff there. You can say you're gonna do that and there's not going to be fallout from it. But you can't because there's there's too many examples that we have both over in the UK and in the US with these Venezuelan gangs where it is clear that you have you have a significant number of people. They asked me, there's a thousand of these Venezuelan gang members in the US. Now that if you pretend they're not there because you feel it detracts from your larger point and you never address it. That's why people are getting med. So I'm helping you out, Guardian. That would be my theory on all of this, And you can tell them they're wrong. That's the other thing too. You can go and get him with statistics too, and if your statistics hold up, that's how you do it. Well, yes, you're right, crime is up here, but not among blah blah blah. But there's so much spin and there's so much willful ignorance in this stuff. This is this is if you can't figure out why a bunch of drunk UK dudes as well as soccer hooligans and mass waving flags from the Crusades are are standing out there. You don't like the theater of it, and you can go in and the ledge all the racism you want, but the reality is you have a lot of people that have very silently said the way that you're going about this is is is not done so in a way as to create an integrated society. You can think diversity is your strength, as long as you understand that it also requires a certain amount of integration. Right, you got to be on the same page. Look at everywhere in the world where you have and have running massive conflict and it's because on a very key issue, a very key issue which some may argue as the most important issue in their lives, are definitively not on the same page.
Speaker 2: Whether it is the you know, the different.
Speaker 1: Versions of Islam, which largely fuels inter Middle East interviolence. Right, that's the that was That's really what that's the secret sauce that made a racturn was a Saddam keeping that whole thing where you had the minority Islam, this party essentially subjugating the other one.
Speaker 2: It was and so but you always kept him.
Speaker 1: Fueled because if you're a dictator, you got to keep your boys loyal. If it plays out in the streets where you have a bunch of people coming in and it is such a large influx, and then there one looks to be preferential treatment on the part of people who are already there. And then you couple it with the inability of them to culturally understand each other. This is what you get. This is that you get these separated sections. And it's not the cute stuff like when you go to New York and let's go to little Italy, all right, you go to little Italy, They're happy to see you there. Well, I don't know, they're New Yorkers. Nobody's ever happy. But you know what I mean, and and and and that's it. But again, what what drives this forward is a shared fundamental understanding and an agreement. And in the US, our agreement used to be the Constitution. Right, you come over here, let's do our thing. But you need to understand that. You know, see these right here, these are fundamentally rights. I didn't give them to you, No, not even the guys you found this place did. God did. That's how That's how we wrote it. That's what we think. We think that these fundamental rights are above and beyond the rules of man. It is little the separation in the Caesar rendering part of the Bible, and that's how we act. And then and then folks would uh generally go in there. And then you get the actual melting pot, which is romanticized in this situation, that is not being accomplished. And it's not being accomplished because it is such a large number of people. There is no incentive. Uh, you know, if you bring up language. If I told you listening to the iHeartRadio app in some foreign country that if you came to the US, that your experience would be remarkably better if you spoke English. That's a microaggression. That's dumb. That's dumb. That is one of that's one of the truest things to be able to speak the language that is the primarily the one that is used to do business, interact and in many cases govern and and and then to not provide any incentive for people to do that, you're doing them a disservice. And you create these environments where people do take to the streets and the Guardian you can, oh, we don't, we don't know. The reason is is because they're sitting there and they are looking at the where they lived and around them. And it's not necessarily out of racism.
Speaker 2: Some of it is.
Speaker 1: There's some super racist people out there who are loving every minute of this. Twitter will prove that to you right now. However, most people, they honestly, they really truly don't care in the big sense. But they just want things not to change. That's the beauty of getting older, how curmudgeonly, I don't want.
Speaker 2: Things to change.
Speaker 1: And so when you make big fundamental changes and you appear to be showing favoritism to the people whose money you're using to do it, that's why they're doing it. You know what, Guardian hire me as a consultant. This is too easy, but to put out a piece of racism, poverty, drinking, social media. We still don't know why Britain's were rioting. Then they're gonna do it again because now you've just told them we didn't hear you. Hang on.
Speaker 2: In the world of talk.
Speaker 1: Radio, there's a couple topics that really really get people fired up.
Speaker 2: And it's good. That's fine.
Speaker 1: You can't do them all the time and in great depth, because then you're it would just be your show because the people who are really into this, understandably are really into it. That being said, I think it's an appropriate time to get into regulations, laws, and criminal prosecutions surrounding gun violence. I know I sound like a moon bat han, but hear me out. So the father of the fourteen year old alleged shooter down in Georgia has now been charged in the very similar fashion to the parents being charged up there in Michigan. And I think this is an interesting topic, but also I think it's it's pretty it's pretty one sided here, and so I want to follow me down this rabbit hole and and let's go. Because I'm always thinking too. Because they are so intellectually dishonest in the way that they do things, you have to be very thoughtful about anything. For those of you who honestly believe that all GOP are monsters, because they won't even make this one little tweak to this one law having to do with firearms. The reason that so many people are hesitant is because every single time.
Speaker 2: They have they were.
Speaker 1: Given an inch, they've taken a thousand miles because you're dealing with the constituously protected activity. So yeah, people are snake bit on that, and it's why if you even if you think one little thing might be reasonable, people have such objections. However, I'm not objectionable to accountability. It's a hallmark of the criminal justice system. So if we agree something is criminal and it is not constitutionally protected, then let's have that discussion. So question number one, do you think charging parents of school shooters is a is a viable strategy going forward? Now, the argument would be, well, what it's going to tell parents that you can't just ignore the problem.
Speaker 2: You think there's something wrong with your kids?
Speaker 1: All right, that's a good argument because you know, in those cases if you have weapons in the house and you don't secure them and your fourteen year old get a hold of him, and all he does is run around drawing the pictures of you know, dead other students and telling you who's going to do it, and you don't do anything. Yeah, I I you can convince me that there is criminal, criminal negligence there. However, you got to go on. You got to go on the whole ride with me, okay, and the whole ride is this. So not only are they alleging that the father should have known that is something that work right there, they're basing that off of previous interactions that school officials and FBI and local law enforcement where they.
Speaker 2: Knew about it.
Speaker 1: And so my question becomes because initially, when you had incidents with this fourteen year old allegedly come up, they did look into it.
Speaker 2: At school and they didn't do anything.
Speaker 1: So you did an investigation and you went it's not really we can't really jump in here, and you're the arbiters of law and order. So how that father then read it? And I'm not making an excuse a lot of people are very irresponsible with guns, and it's very irritating as somebody tries to be a responsible gun owner, But how about the people who literally are on the job, supposed to be at the schools seeing these things intervening And from a law enforcement perspective, when there is something that is chargeable, if only to you know, get the ball rolling on dealing with somebody who is not right, keeps making threats.
Speaker 2: And there's been all sorts of incidents.
Speaker 1: Is creeping everybody out, and you don't do anything in a way you're telling that, you're telling the fantly the behavior is not criminal, and maybe it's not. But my question is if dad can be charged for making available those guns due to a dereliction of duty, how come you can't be charged school officials? Yeah, see that's the hander and they were rolling into the room. How how come because these charges are predicated not on dad being part of the conspiracy. Are he's sitting with his kid at the you know they're eating cheerios. You got a big day to day. Remember you're shooting up the school today. I got your guns all packed. That's not what the charges. The charge is aid available firearms which were later used in the commission of this horrific crime. So just like they charged the Michigan parents. Now they're going to charge that here, I I what do you think of that? Do you think parents should have liability if it's so, if they so blatantly dropped the ball, and if you do and and by the way, we charge people with criminal offenses without without them intending to do it all the time, all the time. There were many charges, yes, even up to an including murder and manslaughter. If you work in a medical environment and you have a responsibility to clean, you know, clean stuff and everybody, and now you're the you you're the angel of death or whatever because it's so irresponsible how your clinics being operated. Those people do get charged with crimes. It has to rise to that level. But what what they were shown was to be criminally uh you know, you see they were so criminally darely and their duty that this happened. So if you're going to charge it, the father is derelict in his duty. Can I also suppose that school officials who were notified this kid was unnotice the family was, you know, like they knew that there was stuff going on. How come you're not charging the school officials. Now coming down to Florida, they didn't throw that one officer who ran and hidden there could you could make a better argument at the very least he did intend to run away. But ultimately, where does the responsibility end? And if you're telling me that in this one instance within our schooling system, this is the only instance that you moonbats thay because one hundred percent on the parents, when in every other controversial discussion you have advocated for the state being able to snatch kids out of homes because the parents won't let them transition because they're eleven and their friends suggested it and now they're on board. Lord, where does your responsibility lie? So eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four do you think parents who make available and then should there have to be noticed there a fourteen year old b versus that fourteen year old were incredibly different individuals when it came to firearms. And I'm going to tell you at fourteen, I had I and earlier than I have had access to an arsenal my life arsenal. And you know what, never shot up as school, never shot anybody else. So you can't even just do it on the age. What do you do? And it would it be appropriate if you're if you're a school counselor, right, and you got a folder a mile thick, and I understand that bureaucracy's bureaucracy, but if you also have to figure out that eventually, at some point, it's not just about helping that fourteen year old, It's about an obligation of safety that you have to the rest of that school. And you don't do anything, or in like in Parkland, Florida, where he had thirty eight individual reactions or interactions with law enforcement and school officials over criminal matters and nobody did anything, how come you're not charged. You want this responsibility. You want to be able to tell parents that they have to literally get their kids neutered if if the kid wants it, you're willing to flex that level of responsibility. Where's your responsibility for this? Where's the responsibility that you have for your sheer in neptness and unwillingness to address this situation. And arguably Dad in this case, and again I'm not as lawyer, I'm not making excuses for him. Dad in this case could make the argument that, well, look where there was this incident, you guys investigated and you decided that it was not a criminal incident. So I took that to me and that my kid wasn't a potential school shooter. I don't know he's going to make that argument, but I could understand it. But if you charge with people keeping people safe in schools, want to start charging others who have unknowing, you know, unindicted co conspirators, so to speak, just based on negligence, then buckle in because it needs to be the same for everybody, especially when you're among those that want to If you know who don't think the parents should be the primary people telling how to raise kids, fine, you're on the hook. So you charge individuals within that that that chain there who you know either didn't investigator I he'll grow out of it. Right there, They didn't intend for people to get killed, but through their own inaction, people got killed. And if that's the argument you want to make, I would say I'm in.
Speaker 2: For all of it.
Speaker 1: Or none of it, or you get a standard more so than just my kid did the shooting. We had guns in the house, we didn't lock them. You got you have to have something more that more there, And if people just chose not to deal with it, this is what you get. I'm sick of hearing well, oh yeah, the FBI was, Yeah, they were totally yeah, they knew them. You're talking about kids, man, So you know, let's let's see what you think. Let's first get rased agic from the Weather Channel. We'll get your calls here in the next segment. What is up, my friend, I'm buch Stacy.
Speaker 5: How are you doing today?
Speaker 2: God's so over the season?
Speaker 1: Did you want to Why do I get to see nine flags for procedural in the first drive for the Ravens.
Speaker 2: I think that it's not going to be the year of the refs again. I just can't.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I don't know, I yeah, I don't know. Yeah, wear the white shoes next time, right, I guess that's what some people are saying with the toe on the line there at I just na almost right.
Speaker 1: It was no And you know, if you just looked at the post score, you should be like, all right, but that was a pretty good game. They're good teams, right. You don't want to see a seven to three defensive battle for the for the you know, for the first.
Speaker 2: Game of the season. They didn't do that.
Speaker 1: But but you know, just repetitive, repetitive, first five minutes. I'm like, come on, would you shut up? I can't. I looked at I can't figure out what the what the procedural violation was.
Speaker 5: The third time, Yeah, I get a little flot you know how the first few games go. It'll be floppy. It'll be floppy this weekend. I don't know about tonight and wherever they're playing in Brazil. That's interesting, but you know, we'll see. But this weekend tar Heel in.
Speaker 2: The jungle is actually literally in the rain forest.
Speaker 5: They probably but I don't. But I don't think any rain in the forecast at least that's what the last check what I what I scene and not much locally. Bigh schoot ball games tonight in good shape, tar Hills in town tomorrow afternoon and evening. I can't leave out a passing shower, but if it is there, it won't last long. RE really not too concerned about that. So you know, all although we're pretty decent shape, the weather's going to be nice. Got a little bit of a cool downcoming, a little fog this morning, up for seventies, low eighties today, Tomorrow probably only reaching the upper seventies, low eighties again and then near sixty at night with fifties around and once again a small chance of the passing shower. But Sunday looks beautiful, load of bit seventies for daytime highs and plenty of sunshine and a forecast and then warming up again next week is go back above eighty. Maybe it was the middle eighties for the Triangle by Wednesday. So the cool lights and the warm days coming up, not much rain over the next few and looking pretty good for any football games this weekend. Wakes in town seven o'clock, you know, maybe maybe a shower doesn't look like anything, not too significant. And of course over at Death Valley tomorrow night, I'll be there again. Not much of a chance of rain, should be should be a pretty good shape against that state.
Speaker 1: By the way, you guys didn't hear this. It was before so Ross said or Ross said, Ray said that if Clemson loses any games this year, he will eat dog poop out of a Red Solo Cup.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I didn't say that, but some but somebody did say that, didn't.
Speaker 2: That was you? Yeah, you mean that would be the game? No social media accounts anymore?
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, so.
Speaker 2: You're raised on the record. There you go. We'll talk in the next hour, sir.
Speaker 5: Have a good one.
Speaker 1: All right there you go, Oh look at that. Some of you are sniffed out by slip slope already with this topic. Well, good for you. We'll get your calls next.
Speaker 2: Hang on.
Speaker 1: Charge parents, and you could convince me that there is. But if simple dereliction of providing access to a firearm is a chargeable offense with no you know, no help and maybe even no warning in some instance, then everyone in the food chain who is tasked with keeping schools safe? Why is that not the discussion? And that's that's where I'm at here, because I think you could, really you can, like everything else, you can use a rule or a law like this to go after parents to accomplish other things that you want on Second Amendment issues.
Speaker 2: Right, you want to terrify.
Speaker 1: If you terrify enough parents that they won't even take their kids to the range because they just don't want to deal with that, you harm the future of shooting, sports, hunting and things like that. And I'm not being over toly dramatic, I promise you somebody in a think take thinks that it's a good idea.
Speaker 2: It's why they do.
Speaker 1: Things like, we can't get the death penalty thrown away, so we'll create, like in North Carolina, a quagmire where nothing happens or will sue drug companies, so it's not worth them to do business. It is a dishonest way to accomplish what you're going after. But if you think it's good for one of the parties involved, shouldn't it be good for the rest?
Speaker 2: John, what's up?
Speaker 5: Hey?
Speaker 7: You're You're absolutely right. I couldn't agree with you more. But I need I think they need to look at all all of the people, like you said, they need to look at law enforcement. This Dad took the advice of them by them saying that they found nothing wrong and now they want to come back and they want.
Speaker 1: To charge And said, yeah, I don't think they said nothing wrong, just to be clear, but they didn't. They didn't treat it in a manner with the importance that have probably deserved.
Speaker 2: And Dad may have taken a read.
Speaker 1: I don't know that he's going to say that, but that's the thought that crossed my mind.
Speaker 7: So right, and I do believe that it's detrimental to to all of us for all our shooting, sports, hunting and our children that want to have I want to participate that stuff.
Speaker 5: They're going to scare us all away.
Speaker 1: And and thanks for the calling, John, and and seriously, you want basic control of the kid, then you get the basic responsibility. Now most of you listen, if you listen long enough, you know that I'm kind of tongue in cheek here because I want laws that are easy to understand and standards that's you know, whether you're on the right side of it. And the problem is here is this is another law that is very up to whatever moonback prosecutors there, and so it wouldn't work. It's so I started with a little bit of a fib. I don't think you can functionally make it work unless you have it without defining standards.
Speaker 2: Cam real quick, what's up?
Speaker 8: Yeah, Hey, okay, see we got a lot in common. You grew up just like my sons grew up.
Speaker 5: I have three boys.
Speaker 8: We are out here in rural Jallas County. We're able to have our own little.
Speaker 5: Range in the backyard.
Speaker 8: We should be, you know, they thought that would be beguns, you know. And and if any of my sons, if I thought they had a mental illness, I would stop either one at whichever one it was from having access to a weapon quickly. And but that's that's a that's the father's responsibility, of parents responsibility. But when it comes to you know, the law, you look at what offshooters allow people to walk right out of the court room after they've been charged.
Speaker 1: Here on the CaCO Day radio program where we're having big intellectual discussions about parental responsibility and perhaps others responsibility in the event of a mass shooting and donuts. So to continue those conversations and much more, we welcome in our radio Buddy.
Speaker 2: To the South. It's Pete Calender WBT middays.
Speaker 1: Hey you doing, sir, I'm doing okay.
Speaker 6: How are you doing?
Speaker 2: I'm good.
Speaker 1: You like donuts? You find of donuts?
Speaker 6: I mean I like them. I don't eat them though.
Speaker 1: But you could, okay, So to avoid eating them, though, if you were to walk in, if you were to walk into one of these events that we end up at and they got you know, the standard food spread on the table, you would know which are the donuts?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 6: Yes, I can I believe successfully identified donuts on a table.
Speaker 3: Yeah I have.
Speaker 2: I'm now being told that it is near.
Speaker 1: It is near impossible with this whole stupid Timwall donut Gate thing. Are you following this story on your big show.
Speaker 6: Donut Gate? Oh don't. Yeah, donut shop that that he he closed down during COVID went out of business.
Speaker 1: You're giving away, you're giving away some of the it's it's so much more than so sorry jd. Vance went into a donut shop and you know how it is when you're trying to pick out twelve but there's only.
Speaker 6: Real eight that you thought of me And they mocked him for being Yeah, they were mocking him for being like socially awkward or something while he was talking to the staff.
Speaker 1: Yes yes, yes, yes, And so I'm going to turn into a meme, but not a good meme because you can't mean all right left. Yeah, So so Tim Walls decided he's going to go own him and uh so Walls decided to go into it's like a a convenience store or whatever, and uh he goes, look, I have no problem picking out donuts and proceeds to grab two whoopee pies. So now they're like, you tried to own him by saying you knew what donuts are and you bought things in a plastic thing at Agasta that are actually not donuts. And then after he got wrung up on that and his whoopee pies, Tina Smith, who's the idiot you at one of the two idiot US senators in Minnesota, decided to come to his aid. So she posted a picture of that time her and Tim Walls at an event at a really famous donut shop, right, and that one I saw and.
Speaker 6: I was like, why, I don't understand, And then I realized this thing is like years ago.
Speaker 1: Years ago, because that donut shop ran into a little they rented a few problems back in the early twenty twenties.
Speaker 2: Called COVID, and we're put out of business.
Speaker 1: So yeah, that whole thing is part of the news cycle and everyone's arguing over donuts and I just want to be done. I want to do the south Park model, is what I want. Pete Calender, do you see South Park announce that they're not going to be doing a new season this fall. You're gonna take one one season hiatus because because they don't want to just do Trump and election jokes.
Speaker 2: They said, I'm on board with this.
Speaker 1: Man, Well are you here? I mean, yeah, you do a lot of times, a lot of times you just oh, I just want to I want to hit that person in the face with a board, but you don't do it. And uh, the amount of stress that we could say if you just sit around, eat donuts, do whatever you want. I got so much sick time saved up.
Speaker 6: Saying here, Uh no, I look all right. So I as I rode in my op ed at the blade.
Speaker 1: Oh, here we go, here we go. I well, it's like, did you did you write something? Do you write something? I was writing a time or to see how long before you brought it up?
Speaker 6: I will, So it's like a it's like you're interviewing an author.
Speaker 2: Now like author, I don't book author interviews.
Speaker 6: Right, because like they always have to talk about their book that they wrote. You know, but I but only I only mentioned it for this reason, which is I started off. I think you did as well as a reporter, right, doing news, and.
Speaker 2: I'm not able to do. That's how I transitioned to talk. I did news first.
Speaker 1: I was in music, but then I came over and yes, you start in news and then you know you do your things right, Yeah, absolutely right?
Speaker 6: And so but and so I went to when I went to school, I went to school, you know, mass communication, broadcast journalism, and with a minor in political science and philosophy. And so this is what I was always interested in, and I believe and why I got into journalism was because I believe it is very very important for our society to have a free press that holds government accountable. That's my first principle, right, And that's why I did the job. That's why, as you might say, I did the work. You know, I did the work for yeah, for a decade. And I'm not even counting my high school newspaper here in that in that decade, right, But I got into it for that reason, and so I still believe in that principle, and so I don't ever, I don't ever really get bored or fed up with these election cycles because I do believe that it is vitally important and you know, and I recognize I'm probably in the minority.
Speaker 1: There, Okay, no, no, no, no, And here here's the thing. It is vitally important, but it's still aging me, so.
Speaker 6: You know, yeah, yeah, well yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: I shouldn't have gray. I don't. And yet this is what these people do to me.
Speaker 1: And so we find ourselves, you know, sitting here and look at another election cycle where we're either going to argue about donuts or whether Hitler had some good points. And I just have to pull out of this thing, man, because like, well, social media is just those last week has just been a dumpster fire.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, well, and so that's the I try not to get distracted by the dumb assery, you know, and the debate over that guy, you know, World War two historian guy, and they're talking about Hitler and Church and all this stuff.
Speaker 1: What are we doing?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I'm not, Like, I'm not going to go listen to it. I don't listen to Tucker Carlson's podcast generally. I think I'd seen maybe two or three since he has launched them. I don't. Yeah, I don't make a point to watch his stuff. I feel like he's I feel like he's kind of become somebody that I can't identify with, and I don't. I don't trust him. So I unless he's got some guest on there that I care to hear what that guest says, then I would go find it and watch it. But no, I don't watch him. It's not worth the effort or time for me. So this this fight though, that people are having over this guy. He goes by Martyr Meade, I think is his Twitter account, and I've actually read one of his tweet storms or threaded tweets, whatever you want to call him, about a year or so ago, and that's when he first came on to my raidar. I'd never heard of the guy, but he had made some really good points on some matter I forget what it was. And so then I saw him on Carlson's thing and he's talking all of this stuff about World War Two, and I'm like, I'm out, you know, like I'm okay, Well, I'm done. I don't need to ever really listen to him again. And look, if you have a different opinion, or you know, the audience is a different opinion, go watch him. It literally does not bother me. I don't care. The problem is when you see the connection with the story of Tenant Media and the foreign actors, and I know there are people that are saying, oh, it didn't happen, this is just the DJ, and I get it. I totally get it that the DJ cannot be trusted costs of their pattern of abuse and the way that they have attempted to influence our elections. I get it. I agree. However, that does not mean that Russians, Chinese, Venezuelans, Iranians, that these governments are not trying to mess up and mess with our elections.
Speaker 3: Oh you just do.
Speaker 2: Why are you just picking on foreigners?
Speaker 5: Right? Well, I don't have to, I don't have to choose.
Speaker 1: It's I mean, those are all foreigners.
Speaker 6: So wow, right, but the DJ there, the DJ isn't like.
Speaker 5: I don't have to pick.
Speaker 1: You might take on the Chen thing. And I think you and I agree on this. Two things can be correct at the same time. Like, okay, so could a company in this case Tenant Media, who who saw pretty substantial growth in a very short period of time right with with with especially Pool is probably the one that's done the most growth for him and and so they've taken this company and tried to model it after for companies like The Blaze, who you just wrote for Ross Did you know he wrote a op ed for The Blaze on your Twitch channel? Sorry making a point there. So so anyway, so you sit there and you go into these startups, so multiple things can be true.
Speaker 2: And I don't know if you know this.
Speaker 1: So in addition to doing radio, I've worked in a multimedia capacity because you know, before you get your own show, you got to eat, and so I worked with media production companies for some of the shows that air on like Outdoor Life and ESPN and whatnot based out of Minnesota and these companies. Once you have the infrastructure to be a content producer, do you have that? We had?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 1: And I didn't own on the company, but the company which is North American Media, I'll.
Speaker 2: Say who it is, Uh, Fishermen.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: They a good portion of their staff was not working on their own products, and then they were working on contracted editing and video production work. It's a really beefy segment because you got all the cool stuff and you have other entities who want a better production quality. It's what you see in YouTube right. Most YouTubers, the bigger ones, they don't edit their own stuff. They hire professional folks to do that, who do the editing for multiple things. So it can be true that Chen's company was hired by two people who were mislabeling themselves and said, hey, that's a ten million dollar contract. You want us to edit this stuff. It's repackaging of stories from other countries. I don't know that most people would think that it could also be true that that is definitively a Russian operation who said, go find me some folks to do this, and we'll go ahead and get this stuff into the news cycle. I think the envision what the DOJ is would the DOCHA have charged a production company if Media Matters was doing it in the same way to and with the same narrative.
Speaker 6: Right, No, I agree both, Right, So it can be a Russian operation and the DOJ chose the timing and the and the focus of the probe. Right, both of those things can be true because reading the indictment it appears pretty clearly, and reading the statements from the commentators like Dave Ruben and Denny Johnson and Tim Pooley, they were like, we have no idea, We had no idea like the financial backing of Tenant Media. Lauren Chen it appears did absolutely know which she is a former employee of Russia Today RT right. And also I would point out that on her own channels she has been advising conservatives to not vote for Donald Trump. So I'm not exactly clear how this is supposed to be a pro Trump f by the Russians, especially after you saw Vladimir Pitcheton yesterday.
Speaker 1: Explain it.
Speaker 2: You don't have to explain it.
Speaker 1: You can say she runs a company that is the distributor for and then throwing conservative shows, and you don't have to.
Speaker 2: It is it is.
Speaker 1: It is an indictment with an admission. Can I pick you real quick? Did you know what I thought on this? I'm curious. I threw this little talker out and I haven't done the big review. You ever do that where you throw a thing out and you use the hook to go and get the calls, But really there's a different point you wanted to make.
Speaker 2: It's like a special episode.
Speaker 1: So I saw that they charged the dad down in Georgia for essentially providing access to that fourteen year old is alleged to have killed his classmates and teachers.
Speaker 2: And remember in Michigan they did that as well.
Speaker 1: And I think it's an interesting topic because most conservatives see anything that you want to do to guns is you trying to get a camel's nose under the tent. Make big changes, because that's what they always do, right, There's just this little thing, No, you need this other all these things, so and but we charge people with criminal liability and other aspects for doing things not with intent, but rather because they created a scenario. And could you make an argument that if you had a fourteen year old is running around drawing pictures of dead classmates all day, said I'm going to get them, that you should have liability if you don't secure your firearms.
Speaker 2: I'll have that discussion.
Speaker 1: My question is, if that liability is in fact a criminally prosecutable liability.
Speaker 2: Why is it just the parents?
Speaker 1: Why would a school counselor why would remember the guy in Parkland? We found out that sheriff had thirty eight interactions with your shooter.
Speaker 2: His department did.
Speaker 1: So my question is for all of you big government people who want to be able to force parents to neuter their kids under threat of removals. So you're the parent, because it takes a village, why shouldn't you carry the same level of responsibility when you drop the ball and you don't allow this kid in here? And so that was the question. I'm curious your thoughts. And then my follow up to it, and the point that I was going to make is because like too many other laws, it would be arbitrary. Yeah, you go, You go ahead, and you get the dad because he's got a gun safe. Well, I don't know what if you're a single mom trying to raise your kid in a socioeconomically challenged thing and that kid goes, you know what, I'm gonna go get some guns and some drugs and I'm gonna I'm gonna get paid man, and you don't do anything to intervene because you're overwhelmed with all your other kids. Does that woman should she be charged the same way that dad who took his kid to the range a couple times a year should be charged. What do you think of that conversation, because it's nobody's having the total part of it, and I think it needs to be a package here.
Speaker 6: Yeah, no, I yeah, So in theory, I agree with the concept of holding people who who behaved in a negligent fashion right accountable and libel. But just like the red flag laws or watch lists or anything like that, the challenge becomes in, as you mentioned, the arbitrary nature of the enforcement, but also how does one get off lists get off lists? And that gets to the you know, the decision making process and who's in charge, and that's the concern you know, people like, oh, let's put a you know, let's get a list of you know, all of the terrorists and all of this, and then all of a sudden, everybody's getting tossed onto the list. Well, how do you get off the list? Who's deciding on the list?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 6: Who do I appeal to all of this? That's always the challenge. So yeah, because as soon as people start using this law against as you said, the single mom maybe in Chicago where her son just murdered four people over the Labor Day weekend but didn't get any media attention, right, are you gonna go back for her too?
Speaker 1: No? This is this is the slippery slope part of this. And I think that dad, and I'm not his lawyer if because remember it sounds like the school don investigation, and if you're that father, I maybe you are Darrel, Maybe you're an idiot.
Speaker 2: Some people can't see what their kids are gonna do. I get that.
Speaker 1: But if the school said, yeah, we investigate, and he's still in school, that is that's an informed source and authoritative source telling you they don't think your kid dangerous enough to not be around other kids.
Speaker 2: So he might use that as a defense.
Speaker 1: But all right, I'm gonna you tweet out a link on your Twitter there and uh, we'll retweet it for you so people can go read your Blaze story.
Speaker 2: Mister, I'm writing for the Blaze, all right, it was just.
Speaker 6: A single op ed, dude.
Speaker 5: I just want to know.
Speaker 1: I saw you posting little excerpts through it. I'm like, I'll see how long before he mentions it? So we'll get that at Casey on the radio. P We'll talk to you later. Thanks, man, hang on, hang on you guys. Ever you guys see how weird jd Vance is super weird, super duper weird. Is he is that a skin suit? Ross? Do we know? I just gotta be a skin suit? This dude is not human? So what did he strew up this time? Do you know how to order donuts? How many of you know how to order donuts?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 1: You get to go get a dozen donuts? You go to the Krispy Kreme or the Duncan or you know wherever duck Donuts or whatever it is, and then you got to go through that dance right because you got to get twelve. And let's be real honest, Okay, let's be let's be real even though you make care for you know, family members or coworkers or whomever will be dining on those donuts with you.
Speaker 2: Ordering donuts goes like this.
Speaker 1: If I got to go get a dozen donuts, I'm not a big sweet skuy, but I can get down on.
Speaker 2: One of those French egg glazed donuts.
Speaker 1: I like those. So if I go to the Duncin over here by the station and I walk in there and I'm like, I need a dozen, and then you got to do the thing really, you know, And I'm sure, by the way, I'm sure the employees love it just as much. I don't blame them for being like, oh, here we go, because it's you know, you do it all day. My give a crap on the contents of those twelve donuts is at about twenty five percent. I'm going to with with very thoughtful process, make sure that I acquire at least two of those those those French egg donuts that I like, and then I'm going to turn to the person and go, duh, just give me a variety, and then that's it. That's my donut ordering methodology. Ross You ever ordered donuts, go get a dozen donuts at any point? Yeah, you know, Ross doesn't do nothing, but if you yes, no, I had forgotten about this. So back back before Ross was trapping all his own food with his bare hands or whatever his protein intake his you feel, but you would feel comfortable in that retail situation making it happen, like you could. You could go ahead make it happen. So with that in mind, jd. Vance goes and orders some donuts, and then apparently all of the activists like might's touch and whatnot or reacting to the the the work are looking a little annoyed. But now they're like, oh, man, he can't even order donuts. He's so stupid. Oh would you look at him? He doesn't know how to order donuts. And then the Walls campaign posts a snippet from a thing he was doing. I can't look like. He's in the deli section of a high V just a grocery store chain on the Midwest. I used to shot there, and he says, look at me, I have no problem picking out donuts, and then he proceeds to hold up in a you know, and this is in the plastic package. So he's not even picking out donuts from a worker like at one of those he's grabbing the you know when you go the deli section and he's holding these two boxes and he goes, look at me. I have no problem picking out donuts. The audio is a little hard to hear. He's holding not donuts, He's holding whoopee pies. Well, I guess it would be the term for it, which are not a donut? Do we agree? But a whoopy pie is not a donut. Basically, any of the any of the things that would look little debis aren't technically really donuts just ain't a donut. So you're holding this thing, then you know how to pick out donuts, and you're not holding any donuts if you wanted to get Now, if it was normal people having a normal conversation, I would think, and I'll play the audio that jd Vance ordered donuts in a name in a in a normal way. And I would also not have a problem with Tim Walls come, you know, going, hey, I picked up some donuts at high ve and I look and it's, uh, it's you know, it's a whoopie pie. Would you mean don't know what a whoopy pie is? It's you know, it's the cookies with the cream in the middle. It is literally the little Debbie snack, but that's not a donut. And by the way, and I've noticed that people who really go whoopy pie stuff are usually people from Maine.
Speaker 2: And they want to tell you all about it.
Speaker 1: So anyway, excuse me. So if you're going to correct a dude and you're gonna be less correct, fine, But it gets better from there because the idiot Senator Tina Smith from Minnesota then decided that she would back it up after she saw that Walls's tweet was getting just torn apart. And she then posts a picture from years ago of her and Walls on the stump in front of this this bakery in Saint Paul, right, and uh, they got the box, you know, and they're both holding what is clearly a donut. And she's like, God, see you look at this. We know how to order donuts. The donut shopping question is has been closed since almost beginning of COVID because they were murdered by his restrictions. So yeah, this whole thing is just nuts. Now I know what you're thinking. All right, let me hear jd Vance ordered donuts and I'll be the judge of this dude, and that I'd say absolutely, here we go. Here is what jd Vance did to start donut gate yesterday. You're ready, Here we go.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's a match, pleasure see it.
Speaker 1: Okay, how at the beginning that you're not talking to voters?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: Almost twos?
Speaker 8: Everything a long, blaze, tears, sprinkle stuff. Somebody sent in the roles.
Speaker 2: He ordered donuts like a dude orders donuts.
Speaker 1: Can I if I just for it, just wro That's how most guys I know ordered donuts.
Speaker 2: Again, they may pay special attention to him.
Speaker 4: And that guy is weird, Like that was super weird. What was I think the only way to really order at a restaurant is to go in there like you're Chris Farley coming out like you're the motivational speaker and high five and everybody. And that's the that's the normal. That's the normal Minnesota way to do it.
Speaker 3: You know, it's not.
Speaker 1: He walked in, he said, give me some glaze and some sprinkles or whatever works.
Speaker 3: That's how. That's how dudes order donuts. But dude ordered.
Speaker 4: Once you see soda in social media, once you see like Chris Farley side by side with Tim Walls, you're like they're the same dude.
Speaker 3: It's like they mean, we're like, it's the same picture.
Speaker 1: It's the same guy, same energy. So now I've been apparently I've not been ordering donuts right now. I can't remember the last time I ordered a dozen. Don't Oh you know what I do remember? And you know why because of retail exchanges that exist out there top ten all time people. You don't want to be behind in line. It's an indecisive donut order or an indici I want to arson shopping centers. If I happen to go into a donut shop and this happens in front of me, all right, ma'am your next I'm a girl standing and she just say, yeah, I need a dozen donuts. And you know you've been in there and behind the work or in the case in front of them, or all the donuts they're clearly labeled. Plus you've been standing in line. You've had a chance to mentally do this, and then you have to listen to a conversation like, all right, what do you want, man, Let's see which ones are the most popular. And at that point I start rolling my eyes. I'm like, all right, maybe they have a specialty donut. I don't know, but I think it's glazed. And then she's like, all right looking, and there's seventy two thousand people in line, and then you know it's just the workers now already tapped out. She's like, do you have any round donuts? Do you have any round donuts? What are the difference between the sprinkles? What are the difference between the pink sprinkles and the white sprinkles? You get that person in front of you. I know why people snap. You ever been behind somebody trying to order a dozen donuts? There should be a clock and if you go too long, you don't do it? What was damn it? What was the the There's a restaurant on North Top, so the little bagel place that does like the New York Bagels or whatever. That dude who works there, if you take too long, he just stops talking to you and starts talking to somebody else. I saw. I saw some couple down on a beach vacation because I go in there. I want to hot cap of cola. This is very simple breakfast sandwich, which you should try it. It's amazing. And I'm behind some idiot on her beach vacation, which should be fine, come and join the coast and she's just like, it's a deli setting, and she's like, what meets do you have?
Speaker 2: It's a deli setting.
Speaker 1: And to that guy's credit, he's just like he looks at her and then starts talking to the next customer. She's like what it's like, Well, you're obviously not ready. That's how you should do it. But you get behind somebody donuts, somebody at a Chipotle, right, they're going down the line, do you want guacamole? And they're like, which one's the guacamole? That person needs to leave the restaurant. You're not able to do this. You're at Subway and you're like, I mean you mean I have to pick what goes on this? Yes, So just just real quick, Jade Vance ordered donuts like a normal person.
Speaker 2: Tim Walls doesn't know what a donut is.
Speaker 1: And if you can't go in there and order twelve donuts in a reasonable amount of time.
Speaker 2: You need to be not allowed to do business or anything. Really.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I just a whole lot of stupid over the last few weeks, just as I'm running errands in anything. Anyway, let's go ahead and get to rast agent on the Weather Channel. We're deciding how other people dudes ordered donuts through the path of least resistance?
Speaker 2: Am I right?
Speaker 1: If you got to go get a dozen donuts? Are you going in and individually researching each one? Are you going in selecting the one the couple that you want and then telling them just to give you a variety.
Speaker 2: For the rest?
Speaker 5: Right? Correct?
Speaker 1: Because yeah, because you got tie your things to do an hour? Do you ordered donuts wrong?
Speaker 5: I'll go in there with my wife and I'll be like, no, we got to get one of these and this.
Speaker 1: Oh kill me, kill me?
Speaker 2: I see no offense stateies. It doesn't have to be because I see dudes like.
Speaker 1: If if I see a person's asked by the clerk, hey, I doesn't know what do you want and there's surprise on their face at the question, I'm out because that person is going to waterboard me over the next fifteen minutes with donuts, selection questions or everybody else in line. And you can't used to be you could beat them up and you know, hide them in the cooler.
Speaker 2: So you can't do that anymore.
Speaker 1: So yeah, correct, yeah, so.
Speaker 5: Not much so much. You know, we got you look at the tropics and you look at and you say, wow, you've got one, two, three, four areas the hurricane center has circled, but all of them got less than twenty percent chance of developing. Close it's Us' is just west of Bermuda. It might be kicking up the surf and the rip car risk a little bit that that twenty percent, and then along the Gulf coast ten percent going into the Bay of Mph over the next few days, twenty percent and ten percent out over the Atlantic. So it's all bark, no bite, nothing forecasts to develop, but still the long ways to go. Just probably about sixty five percent of the Atlantic hurricane season to go here, which peaks in a couple of days on the tenth, but still could be very active. After that pulled back in, we should see more of the way of sunshine as the afternoon goes on up first seventies to low eighties tomorrow. For whatever your plans are, if it's a ball game, we're just heading outside. A sprinkle rain or a passing shower. That's it, especially south most cloud to otherwise low eighties and a furgo through. It's a pleasant weather for Sunday. You wake up, breeze and an, it's gonna be real nice. Most of us will be in the fifty sun Raider mid the seventies, but warm up is coming back. Next week. We'll have Sunsei back in Casey. We might spend a couple of days in the middle eighties in some spots, so it looks like small Tanta rain, but really not much over.
Speaker 1: The next seven We got listener events Tuesday and Thursday, but they involved us inside drinking bourbons.
Speaker 5: So yeah, well the weather outside of the year two so whatever you dose.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so when you take your designated drive home, be safe.
Speaker 2: There you go, feel nice?
Speaker 1: All right, thank you, sir, appreciate it having a weekend. Okay, yep, all right, there you go, rach stage, I can coming back with Jeff.
Speaker 7: Oh.
Speaker 1: I just thought somebody with irritation more than don't at people and your calls coming up.
Speaker 9: Hanging well, Casey, good morning. Investors may not know what to make of the August employment report that just came out at eight thirty this morning. The Labor Department says employers added one hundred and forty two thousand workers to their payrolls last month. That was not as many as predicted, but it was a big improvement from July, when just eighty nine thousand jobs were added. That July number was revised downward this morning. The unemployment rate ticked down to four point two percent. It was a four point three percent in July. Average hourly earnings were up a little more than expected. Economists say. The report, though, does not resolve the question of whether the Federal Reserve will cut infrast rates by a quarter or half percent later this month, and so now the focused photo of shifts.
Speaker 6: To the.
Speaker 9: Inflation report, as I was trying to think of the Consumer Price Index CPI out next week. Right now, the futures are mixed. S and P futures are up a fraction, Nasdaq futures down forty three, the Dow futures are up eight. If you shop for a new TV in the last ten years, you didn't have the option of buying one made by Panasonic, which was at one time the biggest plasma TV maker in the world. Panasonic has just announced it's returning to the United States with three new models in a deal with am On. All of the sets will have fire TV built in. They'll be sold by Amazon and also Costco American support for a ban on TikTok has stayed over the last year and a half. Few research says about a third of all adults still want to see the Chinese owned app band. The proposed band had fifty percent support in March of last year, and the Casey, the Japanese company that owns sevent eleven, says the chain of convenience stores is worth more than the thirty nine billion dollars being offered by Kushtard of Canada. In rejecting the bids, Seven and I Holdings indicate that it would be willing to consider a sweetened offer, so stay tuned, Casey.
Speaker 1: People have no idea how many seven elevens there are in the world. You can go to damn near any third world country and they have seven elevens. But it's just something that blows me away as somebody likes to travel.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're everywhere.
Speaker 1: They're absolutely South America. I've seen them in Asia and they're just everywhere. So all right, I didn't know the Japanese company owned it, so that makes sense. Well, have a good weekend, Jeff, appreciate it.
Speaker 9: Do the same. We'll talk to you on Monday.