Speaker 1: God channeling his dinner clerk get them the shives makes the cat backhand sign dustin off that gold globe said, you want my spot, come and get it.
Speaker 2: Wanna take a shot.
Speaker 3: We're waiting for you.
Speaker 2: Beink. You're looking real hot.
Speaker 1: Come in get it.
Speaker 2: We're here.
Speaker 3: The road comes through La.
Speaker 2: Come get it.
Speaker 3: If you won't it, I got it.
Speaker 1: Do you think you can beat this team in a series?
Speaker 2: I got it?
Speaker 4: Best overall, Miss Dan Klass Padres fans can line up to kiss our top sp ring.
Speaker 3: You gotta do what I do if you won't my spot.
Speaker 5: Welcome to Dodgers on Tech. Now your host walking you up the first pitch.
Speaker 1: Tim kays Hi, everybody, and welcome into Morongo Casino. Dodgers on Deck. Hope you're enjoying your Friday afternoon, getting ready for a great sports weekend. You're Los Angeles Dodgers forty six and thirty on this season, all alone atop the NL West standings and the Holmes. Dan continues after a while four game series against the San Diego Padres. Here come the Washington Nationals. Happy Kershaw Day. Yes, the future Hall of Famer Clayton Kershaw on the mountain tonight, twelve strikeouts away from three thousand in his career. First pitch from Dodger Stadium on this Friday, coming up at seven ten. Between then and now, we got a lot to get to here on Morongo Casino Dodgers on deck, you're gonna hear from Dodger manager Dave Roberts, who will not be on the bench tonight for the Dodgers. He's been suspended one game by Major League Baseball. We'll hear from Doc though, coming up in about twenty minutes. We'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup. David Vassy is gonna go one on one with intra manager Danny Leman, the bench coach will be the acting manager tonight for the Dodgers and Dave Roberts absence. You'll hear from Danny Lehman coming up in about forty five minutes. We got your Dodgers magical moments. Shortly we visit with Kirsten Watson, and in just a few minutes we headed out to the Gallpin Motor broadcast both with Tim Neverett and a Rick Monday.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 1: Last night, there were plenty of fireworks, even though they weren't scheduled at Dodgers Stadium. It was the Dodgers and Padres in the final game of a four game series, Dodgers going for the four game sweep. Yoshi Yamamoto on the mound. Dodgers felt pretty good about their chances going into this one. Yamamoto, though, got into trouble in the second. In the second batter, he faced Zander Bogart's uh oh.
Speaker 4: On a two two pitch. Bogarts swings and hits a high fly ball left center field. Going back hasse on camp. He is at the wall and that ball's gone. Xander Bogarts with his fourth home run of the year. Yoshinobu Yamamoto had been playing with fire with the fly balls to start the ballgame, and finally he and the Dodgers got burned. Bogarts puts the Padres on top. One to nothing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, five batters in, there's not been a ball hit on the ground.
Speaker 1: Yet, Yoshi Yamamoto, he can give up the home run he gave up one last night to Guards. In the second. It was one nothing until the fifth when the Padres tacked on a round with the sack fly and then in the seventh, with one out, Cronaworth a ground rule double that made it a three to nothing game. Padres on top, and that would be it for Yoshi Yamamoto six and a third, three run, seven hits, five strikeouts, didn't walk about her through one hundred pitches, got zero run support while he was out there last night. Meanwhile, the Padres would tack on two more in the eighth. Things got interesting a couple of Indians in the game, in particular the ninth, when Fernando Tatis Junior got hit in the top half of the inning by Jack little Well. The bottom half of the inning, the Padres retaliated by hitting show Hey Otani. That wasn't cool. The Dodgers got a little momentum going in the ninth inning and got on the board next to Tommy.
Speaker 4: Edmund swores out of the stretch. Edmund with a base hit left center field.
Speaker 1: That's down.
Speaker 4: Fernandez comes into score and it scoots underneath Lockridge.
Speaker 1: Once he goes to third.
Speaker 4: Edmund heads the second he's in there, sliding safely.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers are on the board. It's five to one.
Speaker 4: A misplay in center field by Brandon Lockridge allowed an extra base and another runner.
Speaker 1: Into scoring position. Tommy Evan with the RBI single thanks to some bad play by the Padres, hayes On Kim grounded out, scoring Max a month Seamen in a five to two game. Tommy ed was scoring a wild pitch. It was a five to three game tye and run at second base, runner second and third, two out. Dalton Rushing came up with a chance to get the win and struck out to end the game. While night though ejections, both managers get tossed, a bench coach gets tossed. Swore as the reliever for the Padres gets tossed. What a series it was, fireworks in all four games. Dodgers lose last night in the finale three to nothing, but they still take three or four from San Diego. They're forty six and thirty overall in this season and that was the top tier play of the game. Brought to you by ARCO quality, top tier gas for Dodgers. Back at it with the top tier future Hall of Famer in Clayton Kershaw on the mound twelve strikeout shy of three thousand first pitch Dodger Stadium on this Friday Night's coming up at seven ten with more we head out to the Galpin Motors broadcast booth as we say hello to Tim Neverett and Rick Monday. Guys.
Speaker 6: Thanks Tim Clear Night here at Dodgers Stadium as the Dodgers get sent to begin this series with the Washington Nationals. Dodgers start the night three and a half games in front of San Francisco in first place in the West forty six wins thirty losses. Meantime, the Naps thirty one and forty four. They're fourteen games out in the National League East, and they have lost eleven of their last twelve ball games and have Major League Baseball's worst record in the month of June. At three and fourteen, Clayton Kershaw continues to dig into strikeout number three thousand. He's just twelve away two and oho for Kershaw in a three and a quarter earn run average. He'll face McKenzie Gore. Gore is three and six with a two eight ninety l. Gore beat the Dodgers back in April in DC and MO. Tonight, they'll be doing it without the manager suspension's handed down this afternoon from Major League Baseball due to last night's extra curriculars.
Speaker 2: We'll say so.
Speaker 6: Dave Roberts gets a game suspension, he'll serve it tonight. Mike Shilt of the Padres gets a game, he's going to serve it tonight. And Suarez the closer, got three games, he's appealing that. For San Diego.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how about August coming up? Have back to back three game series on weekends. Dodgers and the Pandres here at home on August fifteen, sixteen, seventeenth, and the next weekend down in San Diego. You might want to have earplugs in that one. But the Dodgers three out of fourth, they were able to get past the San Diego p Andres. So three and a half games, dow in front of San Francisco, five out in front of San Diego. And I think for the Nationals too, they're gonna be up for it for a couple of reasons. Hey, they've got a couple of young players. Really something to look at. James Wood begin with at two home runs yesterday, including a walk off in the eleventh inning. And for the Nationals that you mentioned the record, Well they snapped that eleven game losing streak in extra inning, so they figured that well, maybe the longest win streak of the season started last night, and for.
Speaker 6: The Dodgers, it's been kind of an emotional week. You got the Giants in followed by a four gamer with the Podres. How do they avoid this series being a trap series? Remember the Nationals won two out of three against the Dodgers back in the Nation's Capital in April.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's a good point. And the Dodgers have a different lineup tonight. Freddie Freeman is not in the lineup. Max Munsey not in the lineup. To begin with Dave Roberts talking about he and Freddie Freeman had already discussed a head of time and not being in the lineup tonight some months to get arrest. At the beginning of the game, Miguel Rojas is a third key, k Hernantez will play a first base, and Conforto is back in the lineup in left field.
Speaker 6: Now for Freddy Freeman, a little bit of load management. I guess if we can borrow a term from the NBA that Dave Roberts had told him, they want to give him this day off. You got a left handed starter. If they're going to start giving him days off here and there, this is something new this season. For Freddie Freeman, who has always wanted to be in the lineup every single day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I think part of that concern is the fact that Dave has some people on the bench that he needs to get into ballgames. He just can't put people on the showf and they say, okay, fine, yeah, hey, by the way, you haven't played in a month and a half, go up, grab a bat and go save us and hit the ball out of the ballpark and get a clutch base hit. You've got to keep the guys active on your twenty six man roster, and that includes all the backup guys that maybe you're not starting each and every night, but you have to give them opportunities to play to get fresh.
Speaker 6: Mookie Betts is on a little bit of a downward streak, and I mean that by saying he's gone three straight games hitless. He's only had two streaks of four straight games without a hit in his entire career. The first time was in twenty fifteen and the last time was twenty twenty two.
Speaker 2: The defense has really come around. You look at the offense, that's not right there, but boy, he's made up with a glove. He's had I think in this home stand already but four highlight films just in defensive plays that he's made.
Speaker 6: Clayton Kershaw McKenzie Gore, Battle of left Handers says. The Dodgers and Nationals play a game one of this weekend set at Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 1: Tim all right, thank you guys, as we tell you down to first pitch. Dodger fans, get your game day meal on his Shaky's Pizza parlor, or are your Shaky's Pizza Chicken to Mojo's right now at Shaky's at dot com. Still to come here on Dodgers on Deck, you're gonna hear for the manager Dave Roberts, who has served his one game suspension. We'll check in with David vassa course with all the latest. We'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup with Clayton Kershaw getting closer and closer to three thousand strikeouts. But up next to your Otani rewind and we visit with sports and at LA's, Here'ston Watson. That's all coming up. As we lead you up to Dodgers and nash on this Friday night, make sure of being with us. Tim kas is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 5: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunt's game on your home for.
Speaker 2: La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 1: Hands the Dodgers and Nationals. Clayton and Kershaw McKenzie gore the pitching matchup. First bitch from Dodgers Stadium coming up at seven times.
Speaker 5: This is the Otani ree Why.
Speaker 4: Two outs Edmond on first the pitch, Otani rips it to right field, hit us down, and Tatisa is after it.
Speaker 1: Edmund goes first to third.
Speaker 4: Otani holds up on a single as Tatis spins and fires it back to the infield. There's another hit for a left handed batter, so well, Otani probably has to recognize the situation here. You need one more base runner. It's three to zero. Probably need to see at least one the pitch and it hits Oltani up and in at one hundred. Get old Tony in the front left shoulder, and he's gonna.
Speaker 1: Be out of the game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so is he immediately ejected?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Robert Swarez ejected from the game last night. Enjoy your three game suspension while you appeal it. Of course, Mike Schildt got one game. Dave Roberts got one game suspension for their parts last night, both getting ejected as a Dodgers lose the game last night to the San Diego Padres. But these two teams will square off a game six more times.
Speaker 5: This is Kirston's corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 1: Okay, Kirston now joins us from Dodgers Sandy before the Dodgers and Nationals brought to you by Cars for Kids. Ready to donate that little car? Call eight seven and seven Cars for Kids Right now friendly agents are standing by to take your donations as cars with the k to donate your car today. The Dodgers now the Nationals in town. Kirston, the Padres have left in what a while, four days it was last night. The bench is cleared, the bullpen's cleared, the managers got.
Speaker 7: Added wild to say the and especially you know you know where my CEDI is here at the at Dodger Stadium. I'm right next to the Dodgers dugout and you know all is Look, obviously, you never want to see a player get hit in the hand. First and foremost we've seen it unfortunately multiple times for the Dodgers.
Speaker 1: Whether we go back to Corey Seeger, Justin Turner, Mookie Betts.
Speaker 7: We've seen players in position in which they've gotten an injury, then the scans come back that there's a fracture, whatever the case may be. You don't ever want to see that. We know how painful that is all of the things. But when you have a young picture like Jack Little who's making his major league debut, it was clear that it was not intentional from the Dodgers standpoint. So Dave Roberts obviously was seize the moment and you could just tell that, you know, he felt for Fernando Tatist junior in I shouldn't say all of a sudden, But of course you then have a manager on the other side, who, of course is amped up. There's been a lot of hit batters in this game on both sides, so emotions and tensions are high.
Speaker 1: He starts kind of.
Speaker 7: Yelling at Dave Roberts. Dave then gets up and things escalated from there, in which the bay the benches did clear, and of course words were exchanged amongst the guys. So I think it was there was some conversation that MLB might step in, and so they did today and decided that they would like both Mike Schultz, the manager of the Padres, and Dave Roberts, of course, the manager of the Dodgers, to serve a one game suspension and then Roberts sores from the Padres from the bullpen, their closer. He is served, well, he's been asked to serve a three game suspension, but it does sound like he's appealing it. So it did seem that his hitting of shohev Tani was deemed more intentional than unintentional. So obviously the past few days have been very intense. Now, as you mentioned, the Nationals come in, it's gonna be a little bit of a different feel for these games. But still, you know, when it comes to Dodgers, they do want to kind of keep the winning energy, carrying that over into this series. But but yeah, things are gonna look a little bit different, just in the dugout today with no Dave Roberts managing. So Danny Layman is going to be stepping in as the manager tonight, and Dave he doesn't decided and quite figured out what exactly that means for himself, if he's allowed to be here, if he's gonna stay in his office during the game. Of course, Eric Harris is kind of teasing him, like, maybe come hang out in the broadcast booth, you know, why not. Maybe he'll come in here and come into the radio booth. We shall see, but he won't be in the dugout this evening with the team.
Speaker 1: Well, wherever he's at, he'll have a chance to watch Clayton Kershaw twelve strikeouts away now from three thousand Kisa. We appreciate. We'll check out with you after the game. Still to come here, I'm Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. We dive deeper of this pitching matchup. David Bassay goes one on one with Danny Lehman. But up Vangs, we get your injury report. It's a Dodgers in Nationals first pitch. It's seven to ten. I'm Tim Kasis, the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 5: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on your home for the blue All season.
Speaker 1: Low Bronco Casino Dodgers on Deck continues on this Friday night as we leads up to first pitch Dodgers and the Nationalists. As the homestay continues, Morono Casino Resort and spat a Grand Slam four good times. Clayton Kershaw McKenzie gore the pitching matchup, first pitch sent for seven ten.
Speaker 5: He's the LA Dodgers Injury Report.
Speaker 1: Presented by UCLA Healthy Official Medical Partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Tony Gonsolin, Tyler Glass, now Blake Snell, Rookie Sasaki all on the injured list. Sasaki moved to the sixty day IL earlier year. At today, Blake trying to try to work his way back. Luis Garcia as well. All right, he's been suspended for one game. He will not be managing tonight. Bud. Let's go back out to Dodgers state. He been here from the Dodgers Skipper Dave.
Speaker 2: Questions for Dave, Dave, can you just describe Dave? Can you talk about the pressure.
Speaker 1: In the dugouts with Dave Roberts.
Speaker 8: I support it. I think that obviously, Lee. You know, I never want to make the game about the managers. It shouldn't be should be about the players and winning. And so you know, last night, both managers are protecting their teams, and you know it just unfortunately it got to a point that we became the focus and that's not the way it should be. So Yeah, there's a game suspension for both of us and starts tonight, and I think Mike Hill, major League Baseball, made the right decision. So it's something all you know certainly have to be mindful of going forward. Yeah, Daniel will manage the club tonight for there.
Speaker 3: Is that just because Scoff plant recently.
Speaker 8: Or No, No, it's I think it's just more of just the stretch that we're in, giving them a day, getting some other guys in there. Obviously he's still managing his body, and so to give them one day to then get through the weekend. I think it's just the right decisions.
Speaker 5: Bass.
Speaker 8: I think he's just not right mechanically. I think if you see Freddy when he's right, there's the big part of the field, there's left center, there's left field, and I think right now he's just kind of hooking balls and not squaring them up the way he'd like to. So I think that's more mechanic driven.
Speaker 1: All Right, there's the manager, Dave Roberts. Danny Layman will be the acting manager. You'll hear from him coming up in about twenty minutes with David Verse. When we come back, we'll check in with d VE gets you all the latest. So it leads out to first pitch on this Friday night, Dodgers and Nationals. First pitch coming up at seven ten. Thanks for being with us. I'm Tim kase Is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers audio number.
Speaker 5: As we were saying, yes, he's Marongo Casino Dodgers on Jack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 1: Leading up to Dodgers and the Nationals on this Friday night, Clayton Kershoff of Kenzie Core the pitching matchup. First pitch set for seven.
Speaker 5: Ten, joining Tim Kats on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 3: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 5: This is Dodger insider David Basse.
Speaker 1: All right, DV. It's been a wild four days out of Dodger Stadium, now that the Padres have left and the dust has kind of settled after that series, a couple of suspensions and a lot of bruis egos.
Speaker 9: I guess yeah, And honestly, talking to a few of the Dodgers players today, they thought three games was fair for a relief pitcher like Robert Suarez for what he did last night, and nobody was really up in arms that both managers got suspended for a game and got fined. But you know, really, the consensus I got talking to a few different Dodger players today was what did Major League Baseball expect having us play the Padres seven times within a week?
Speaker 3: That is going to get tensions running high.
Speaker 9: And a few of those players told me that it was starting to get to that point when they were playing the Mets seven times within ten days as well. So when you put two really competitive teams and teams that played a five game or a seven game series in last year's playoffs, you're going to get tensions running high. And also you fast forward to August fifteenth, that's when the Dodgers and Padres meet again, and they'll meet again within a week period of time six times. So I wouldn't expect the tempers to simmer down when you're playing them that many times in such a short period of time.
Speaker 1: Daviment It is brought to you by the twenty five Ford f one fifty from California's best selling truck brand. It's time to see Ford and a new light take advantage of employee pricing through the end of June. What do you think about the way that Otani handle things last night, David in the ninth any kind of waving to his dugout like no, no, no, it's okay, it's okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 9: A lot of people thought it was masterful that he was playing it that way instead of letting emotions get the best of him and creating another benches clearing situation. And a lot of people thought he was playing some mind games with Luisa Rise and the rest of the Padres.
Speaker 3: And here's something that nobody has mentioned.
Speaker 9: If you're going to hit shoe Heotani purposely, you might want to rethink it because he's the only position player that can pitch. He's the only guy that could take it back into his own hands with the DH and play. You don't really see that beanball because pitchers don't hit anymore. But there's one guy that does, and his name shoe Aotani. So the Padres and every other team in baseball should rethink that strategy.
Speaker 1: David, what's going on with these Washington Nationals that come to town. They're not very good.
Speaker 9: They have some good young players, tim, but yeah, when you're a young team and you don't play well, it could snowball on you, like the Nationals had its snowball on them before winning it yesterday.
Speaker 3: They had an eleven game losing streak.
Speaker 9: Before James Wood hit a walk off home run against the Rockies yesterday.
Speaker 3: So they're a good young team.
Speaker 9: Mackenzie Gore is a really good pitcher that has given the Dodgers some fits in the past. So we'll see whether or not the Dodger offense can get to him around the fourth or fifth innings.
Speaker 1: All right, DV great stuffle, check back in with you in just a few minutes. David's gonna go one on one with acting manager Danny Lehman. That's coming up in fifteen minutes. Again, Dave Roberts suspended for one game. He will serve that suspension at tonight and not be on the bench for the Dodgers in this series opening game against the Washington Nationals. When we come back here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll get your Dodgers magical moment Dodgers and nat First bitch is seven ten on this Friday night. I'm Tim Kates is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio.
Speaker 5: No, this is Morongo Casino Dodgers hunting game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 1: It's Dodgers and Nationals on this Friday night. The home stand continues. Giants last weekend and the padres for four and now the Washington Nationals in for a three game set. Clayton Kershaw on the Mountain, twelve strikeout shy of three thousand, first pitch coming up at seven ten, I.
Speaker 3: Dog dog who wants hot?
Speaker 5: It's time for the Hawfey Magical Moment Ditch Magical presented by Hawby Hot Dogs.
Speaker 1: AH Dodgers taking on the Nationals who used to be the Expos. And we go back to nineteen eighty one, the an LCS Game five in Montreal, Dodgers taking on the Expos in our own Rick Monday with the home run heard around the world.
Speaker 10: Here's the three to one pitch san it swung on fly ball center field, Dawson going back onto the warning track, Dawson at the wall.
Speaker 1: That ball is a home run. That ball is out of here and a.
Speaker 10: Home run for Rick Monday and the Dodger bench clears to congratulate. Rick Monday has hit a two out home run here in the ninth inning, and it appeared that Andre Dawson had room as he went back to the fence, and he just fled ran out of room as the ball cleared the fence at about the three eighty five mark, a ninth inning home run and the Dodgers have gone ahead two to one.
Speaker 1: Expos Radio with the call. Rick Monday hits the go ahead home run in the ninth Indian to propel the Dodgers to a National League pennant in nineteen eighty one. They'd go on, of course, and win the World Series that year. Congratulations to our own Rick Monday. This Hoffey magical moment brought to you by Happy hot Dogs. Hoffey Solkhou's local treasure for nearly one hundred years. Hofy hot Dogs, Local and so great. When we continue here on Dodgers on Deck, we will check back in with Rick Monday. How about that leads you up to first pitch Dodgers and the Nationals. Two cases the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 5: All right, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on your home for the blue All season Law.
Speaker 1: Dodgers home against the Washington Nationals who are in town for a three game cent Dodgers first place a tomty n l Wes Clayton Kershaw twelve strikeouts away from three thousand in his Hall of Fame career first pitch coming up at seventeen and now.
Speaker 5: Joined by David Massey. Here's La Dodgers broadcaster and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 9: Rick, I brought you a couple of surprises today. I was at the baseball card shop in Burbank and I found a couple of Rick mondays. It was cool to find a good friend's baseball card.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, the good news is you did not bring those in and tell me you bought it in an antique shop, because that's exactly what happened. I told you the story a number of years ago. My wife, Barbaraly is with me and it's during the season and she's on a road trip with me and we're on the Dodger charter and the one of the flight attendants comes by and he had been on some other flights and he knew my wife and he was laughing. I said, there hasn't really been anything funny, and then he goes said, I've got something for you. He started to laugh again. He's let me go get it. So he comes back a few minutes later and he has a baseball card, and now he really starts to laugh, and I'm going, wait a minute, something isn't quite right. And he looked at Barbara, and he looked at me and goes, here's the funny thing. I bought it in an antique store. So when you brought it in today, the first thing I asked you told you go to an antique store and buy it.
Speaker 3: No. No, I found it in the Dodger box.
Speaker 2: Well you may not have bought them, the guy may hear it? Take them? Please? No way.
Speaker 9: I had to grab these before somebody else did. Last night a lot of drama here at Dodger Stadium. I'm sure you've been through your share of baseball brawls and fights.
Speaker 3: What did you think about last night?
Speaker 2: I get it, I understand really from both sides to a certain extent. Yes, there were some people that were hit during the series, both here and down in San Diego. I get that part. I get the competitive end of it. The only thing that I think that that Mike Shildt would like to do differently if it presented himself. You can be angry, understandable but when you come out of a dugout and start yelling and start yelling expletives, and from at least from what I could see, and reading lips and then pointing at individuals, in particular that being the manager of Dave Roberts, that is kind of exciting to begin with, to see what happens. And I think Dave on the flip side, if he had something to do over again, he would have been maybe a little bit more calm and not to have bumped into Shilds. So both of the gentlemen will have and I mean that sincerely. I have never heard a bad word about Mike Schildt at all ever, And obviously we know Dave Roberts very well, and we've never heard anything bad about Dave either. So I think both of them got caught up in the moment. It's understandable, it's unfortunate, and everybody has to move on. That being said, if you wanted to see the Dodgers in Padres in August fifteen, sixteenth, and seventeenth here at Dodgers Stadium, you might want to get your tickets early and then the following weekend. That's on a weekend, by the way, fifteen through seventeen, and then the next weekend the Dodgers are down in San Diego to play. I would imagine that the volume of the crowd noise is going to be somewhat high.
Speaker 9: I'm glad you brought that up, because the number of players has brought this up to me. What did Major League Baseball expect when you have the Dodgers and Padres play each other seven times within a week and then again in August six times within a week.
Speaker 2: Yes, tempers will boil you six times within ten days in August. And we just got through with it with seven yeahs and two teams that are very talented, and two teams that are expected to be in competition for first place in the Western Division of the National League. Turns out Dodgers are now three and a half in front of San Francisco, five in front of San Diego. But the Padres, it was no surprise that they were going to be competing, And I don't know how much that plays into trying to make out a schedule, which quite frankly was very odd this year for the late arrival of the Giants and Dodgers to play one another, the late rival of the Dodgers and the Padres to play one another. But the schedule is what the schedule is, So we'll find out. Speaking of guys, and both the Shilt and Roberts suspended tonight, and your pregame guest is going to be the guy who's in responsible for the lineup card, Danny Lehman, who's going to be the acting manager.
Speaker 9: Tonight, second time on this homestand he's had to take over for Dave Roberts, actually third time after last night. We don't see Dave get thrown out of too many games, no, No, one. Other thing I wanted to ask you about last night, were you what did you think about the way Otani reacted kind of joking around and maybe playing some mind games with the Padres.
Speaker 2: Brilliant, absolutely brilliant, and it diffused some things. It's just another area that Otanian mazes is and what he can do, and I think being able to read the Padres, being able to read what O'tani was saying. He said, Hey, guys, no, I'm okay, let's not get involved with this. You know, he should go to the UN and represent a lot of different countries at one time around the table.
Speaker 9: No doubt he would be a great peacemaker deal maker right there. So with te Oscar Hernandez the way he cooled off and got Mike Schildt to smile at the end of all that.
Speaker 2: See he could be the for show hal Tony at the un.
Speaker 9: All right, Rick, thanks a lot for stopping buying. Thanks for signing these baseball cards I found today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, thanks for not telling me it was an antique show.
Speaker 3: We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 1: Tim, let's get those bad boys granted. David little psa action on those autos. All right, that's the Dodger game plan. What's your game plan about starting your future? To California Community College? But Angeline's available to help you with tuition, books and sometimes even the rent. It's time to take that next big step. Classes they can fillow quickly, So en roll today and I can go to college dot com. Still to come here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll get you a preview of this pitching matchup, Rick and Tim, we're gonna get those keys of the game for you. What up next? We go high and tight with the acting manager Danny Layman filling in for Dave Roberts tonight, who suspended one game, leading you up to first pitch, Dodgers and Nationals from the ravine. I'm Tim kats Is, the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers on your network.
Speaker 5: As we were saying yes, Wrongo Casino Dodgers on tack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 1: It's a Dodgers and Nationals on this Friday night start of a three game sent Clayton Kershaw on the Mount. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Zensh Sushi. Enjoying the game with a quicker, affordable meal. The whole family can ensoy enjoy it. Zen She handcrafted sushi. They got all the different kind of rules, they got the platters, they got the poke bulls, they got it all. And it's made fresh on site daily by professionally trained sushi chefs. Zenhi Sushi always fast, fresh and easy.
Speaker 5: And now what will likely be vasse fielding insults from a Dodger.
Speaker 1: Player, It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 5: This is high and tight.
Speaker 9: It's a new series here at Dodgers Stadium. The Dodgers are welcoming in the Washington Nationals. But obviously last night there was tempers that flared over the Padres emotions spilled onto the field, and today Major League Baseball announced that both managers have been suspended for one game and Robert Suarez, the Padres closer, suspended for three games. And we're joined right now by tonight's acting manager, and that's Dave Roberts bench coach, Danny Lehman. Danny, thanks a lot for the time.
Speaker 3: Thanks Dave.
Speaker 9: How did you find out that Doc was suspended for tonight's game? And how does that change what you do?
Speaker 11: It doesn't change much at all obviously for me for what I do to prepare for the game and get ready. But yeah, everything's been kind of emotional the last couple of games, as you know, but I think we're all glad that this series is over with and we're onto the next one to get kind of rolling into the weekend.
Speaker 9: How surprised were you when you saw Mike Schild come out of the dugout and not go check on Fernando Tatis Junior, but come out and kind of get after Dave.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it wasn't the best situation to be in obviously yesterday, and I understand how emotional it was for both teams and how he came out and looking to I assume to pre TechEd his players. I didn't see him coming out that hot, but he did, and and it escalated pretty quick, and I'm just glad, you know, we're past it and nobody's really hurt through all of it, and we can kind of move on.
Speaker 9: Speaking of almost being hurt, how close and how out of bounds is it for Robert Suarez, who was suspended three games today, to go that high to hit sho heo tani.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean where the game was and three zero count, three zero count.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it's just you know, like I said, the tempers were just high, and it was nobody likes to get thrown up in the zone around your head like or above the waist obviously, and and I don't I can't speak to the intent on it with him, and you'd have to talk to him or whatever, but it's you just don't like getting your players hit, and especially up top. So you know that's not comforting for anybody on either team.
Speaker 9: You were able to chase down Dave Roberts pretty quickly there as things started to spill onto the field. You are a former catcher, so you know how to run out there and try to grab somebody. How successful were you last night at being the peacemaker?
Speaker 11: Yeah, And I think everything just escalated quickly with how it was handled by both guys, and I just try to get out there and make sure that nothing crazy happened for our players obviously, but for also for Dave, and like I said, it was emotional and Shilt was emotional and it just kind of boiled over at that point.
Speaker 9: How much do you attribute the schedule playing the Padres seven times within a week to the tempers boiling over last night?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 11: I think obviously that has something to do with it. The history has something to do with it, the rivalry, how good both teams have been over the last couple of years. All of it just kind of baked together, and we want to beat them and they want to beat us, and it just kind of pushed a little too far, I think, in the last couple of games, and so it got emotional quickly.
Speaker 9: Dodgers bench coach Danny Lehman is joining us. He is tonight's acting manager, with Dave Roberts and Mike Schildt each being suspended by Major League Baseball earlier.
Speaker 3: Today, it is Curveshaw Day. Danny Leman, how.
Speaker 9: Aware are you of the fact that he's just twelve strikeouts away from three thousand in his career.
Speaker 11: Yeah, his curse's day to day, and obviously he had a really good one last time, and I think that's what he's trying to repeat. But yeah, everybody's aware of it. It's unbelievable milestone and it's going to be really exciting when it happens, and it's well deserved obviously for the guy and what he's done. But it's a cool thing to witness and be a part of in a small way.
Speaker 9: You've been around him for a decade now, How incredible is it to watch him do what he's doing after everything he's been through.
Speaker 11: It's unbelievable. The consistency with him, how he fights to get back and what he's continually able to do is just super impressive. So it's fun to watch him be on the outside watch it from the side.
Speaker 9: The curve ball seems to be the same with everything else that seems to still be as good as it was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, curve boll's great.
Speaker 11: So it's just a very unique pitch and he has a good feel for it and his other pitches makes his other pitches better, so obviously just part of his repertoire.
Speaker 9: All right, Danny, thanks a lot for checking in with us, appreciate it. I know your record is pretty good. Filling in for Dave Roberts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what is it? You're undefeated?
Speaker 8: Is it?
Speaker 11: What about last night?
Speaker 3: Last night? I don't think that counts. You have to go at least five innings.
Speaker 9: And manage exactly exactly right, all right, at least you'll have Will Smith catching tonight.
Speaker 3: Finally back to back games for your all star catcher. Just kidding. Yeah, well yeah, Willson there, thanks a lot, Danny. I'll let you go. You got a game plan? Thanks Dave? There he goes.
Speaker 9: Tonight's acting manager for the Dodgers, the one and only Danny Lehman, will send it back to you in the studio, Tim, All.
Speaker 1: Right, thanks a lot. DV. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner, the Dodgers audio broadcast game Night. It's group Night at shaky dot Com. Thanks to Danny is the lead at the first Dodgers and Nationals up. Next, we'll dive deeper to this pitching match. If a pair of left hander is going at it. Clayton Kershaw. Yeah, knocking on the door of the history. We'll break it down when we come back. Dodgers Nationals fifteen minutes away for first pitch. I'm Tim Kasey's the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio doll boom.
Speaker 5: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 1: It's the Dodgers and Washington Nationals squaring off, first of three out of Dodger Stadium. First pitch coming up at seven.
Speaker 5: Ten and now before the Dodgers hit the dinack, we look at the pitching.
Speaker 1: Matchup Forresented by your Southern California Toyota dealers. Work hard and play hard in a New Tacoma with an I Force Turbo Charts engine. It's a truck built for the bowl. See your Toyota dealer today. They make it easy. McKenzie gore on the mound three and six with the two eighty nine ERA, twenty six year old left handerb first round pick at the Padres in twenty seventeen, made it to the big leagues in twenty two, Traded to the Washington Nationals in twenty twenty three, part of the Wan Soto deal. Making his sixteen start this season last time out six innings, two runs, eight hits, five strikeouts and a loss to the Marlins. He is one in one with a three thirty two ERA and four career starts against the Dodgers. He has eighteen strikeouts in those four outings. He defeated the Dodgers last season on April seventh, when he worked sixth already this season actually back on April seventh in Washington. Remember that was six innings of two run baseball with seven punchouts, so the Dodgers have seen him already this year. Clayton Kershaw on the mound for the Blue thirty seven year old left hander eighteenth season now in the big leagues, he is twelve strikeouts shy from becoming the next major league pitcher to reach three thousand strikeouts in his career, and when he gets there, he'll be just the twentieth pitcher to ever do so. Making his seventh start against the Nationals thirteen and three with the two to twenty seven RA. Last start against them, though it was July twenty twenty one, Clayton Kershaw McKenzie gore. Dodgers and Nationals Pays to the game are next. I'm Tim Kase's the world Champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 5: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tack on your Home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 1: Dodgers and Nationals squaring off Clayton Kershaw McKenzie gore. The pitching matchup, first pitch coming up at seven and ten. Dodgers twenty eight wins at home this season, the most at home in all the baseball and the Boys in Blue play at home. It's important they have that right game plan to protect their house. The same applies to your home. Always have a plan and follow fire safety tips. It's important, especially now that we're in fireworks season with the fourth of July fast approaching, make sure you're practicing at fireworks safety. Use safe, insane fireworks that display the California State Fire Marshall Seal. Always read the directions and ensure fireworks are only lit by adults. Never ever use fireworks it's near dry grass or other flammable materials. For more about these tips and to fight out others, visit fire dot CAA dot gov. All Right back out to the booth, Tim Neverrick Monday, Guys.
Speaker 3: Thanks very much.
Speaker 6: Tim Clayton Kershaw two nine hundred and eighty eight strikeouts. That's the twentieth most all time. He's twelve away from becoming only the fourth left hander in the history of Major League Baseball to have three thousand strikeouts. He'll try to add to that total tonight with a two to zero record against Mackenzie Gore. Gore three and six, and for Kershaw, the countdown continues and he comes off the best start of his season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's talk pitches very quickly. With Kershaw. Over the last two years, it's one hundred and eighty one strikeouts, one hundred and fifty two or non fastballs one hundred and one of those one to eighty one on sliders. The reason I mentioned that the slider was very good the last outing. And by the way, with Mackenzie Gore, the slider that he throws a good one. In fact, he's allowed just a one thirty six batting average against the slider and that's in the top ten and starting pitches in baseball.
Speaker 6: Far as the bullpen goes tonight, the Dodgers are completely fresh, says Dave Roberts. So they have fresh arms, including Will Klein who has been brought up from TRIPAA Oklahoma City, as Jack Little has been optioned back.
Speaker 2: And you know what they're hoping. They're hoping that tomorrow on the pregame show, we can say, hey, the bullpen is fresh.
Speaker 6: That's right, each and every day, that's the message. Clayton Kershaw McKenzie gore the pitching matchup. As we count you down to this one game, one of a three game set, Tim all.
Speaker 1: Right, first pitches. Next, Clayton Kershaw takes the mound. It's been Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network,