Speaker 1: Yeah, ripped.
Speaker 2: News need advice?
Speaker 3: Who you don't have?
Speaker 4: Come running just as nast as we can. Shooter's gonna help come Man Dix's the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 1: No, Tom Martino, Hi, Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three A two five five welcome.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 1: We have a car day today, Car Friday. Kevin Calkins with me shared an auto tech. I'll bring him up in a minute. We also have Deputy d in the house here. Who do we have at the studio? Anyone there?
Speaker 6: We have a ton of people here.
Speaker 1: Really.
Speaker 6: We have Deputy Boy, we have Deputy Doc, we have Deputy Dollar, and we have Deputy dollars Son.
Speaker 1: Oh and what is Deputy dollars Son doing.
Speaker 6: I think he's going to be training to be the next deputy.
Speaker 1: Cool. All right, well, hey man, So anyway, I welcome you, and we have Mark should be calling in soon unless let's see did she call in? Let me see?
Speaker 7: Not yet.
Speaker 1: But so we have a Mark at the rally and we're going to be starting this meeting, this zoom meeting with him where he's going to be able to help us out and show us the rally. It's going to be fun. So that'll be fun, huh. Anyway, So that's what's going on there. But he has sent some video along I want to share with everyone on YouTube if you want to get to her YouTube channel, and the YouTube channel is Troubleshooter Network. I'm going to go to this video. And this video is right what we have so far. And it started he said, five or six in the morning. Do you see that. It's pretty fast, but it's going to loop. Look at that thousands and thousands and thousands of people, very diverse crowd, old, young, rich, poor or what looks to be rich and poor. You can never really tell. But look at that. I guess I should slow that down. Mark's not quite the videographer, is he. It's making me dizzy. No, but he gave us a good seriously, a good look. And I will try to slow that down a bit. So he's there, and when Trump speaks that one, we're going to try to zoom that thing. So stay tuned for that. Three oh three seven one three tom three O three seven three eight two five five and again Mark major major, Mark Majors at that rally. But we're going to talk about consumer problems, questions and complaints. People who have been screwed lied to all of that. For example, we have a scot and now now, okay, this is a comment on a call yesterday. The call yesterday took twenty minutes, and a lot of times I explore stories because they're so confusing to me. But here's what that story was. This woman had a boyfriend. She's thirty two young women. She had a boyfriend. They each chipped in twenty five hundred and bought a mobile home a trailer in a park and they had park rent do. But what she did was she and the guy. She had a domestic violence against the guy. The guy shot a gun off of the kitchen. Anyway, to make a long story short, he was kicked out. He was the one who had the lease for the lot. She said. She signed a lease for her lot for the lot, she took it over, but he left owing six grand. She didn't pay any rent after that, and it came up until the end of May, and she got some charity to pay all of her rent and the back rent and the lawyer's fees and everything to stop the eviction. Once again, she stopped making payments. She got charity again to kick in money. Once again, she stopped making payments, charity kicked in again. Charity came in three different times. I swear to God, they paid ten grand one time, five grand another. She got so much money from this charity, and then we come up to all twenty twenty three. Basically, the bottom line is this. She never personally paid rent one time in that mobile home, not one time. Then she got evicted finally in February of twenty twenty four, and now she thinks they owe her money. I swear to God, it is so completely crazy. And I told her, I said, listen, Vanessa, no one owes you money. You were on the doll basically for three years. Move on. Now she goes, I have nowhere to go. I lost thousands. I said, how'd you lose thousands? She paid twenty five hundred for this trailer? How did you lose thousands? And she said, well, I lost thousands because I put money into the trailer. But she didn't have money, so I don't know how she put thousands into it. I just threw up my hands. We can't help her. I did assign someone to her to look into it. On Deputy Bow I'm gonna go to a wide shot here and i'll take you up right now. What did you find out? Hey, tom So, little deputy. But I'm sorry, bo me. I didn't mean to insult your sputy d Hey.
Speaker 8: So I did get the eviction order from from the caller yesterday, but more and I read it and i'll and I'll give you a copy of it here in a minute. But more importantly, I just literally just before I walked in, I got off the phone with the owner of the mobile home park and he explained in great detail and in very reasonable terms what actually happened.
Speaker 3: And he's going to be calling the show in a few minutes.
Speaker 1: Okay, good, so we'll just wait for that. Yeah, thank you for that.
Speaker 3: Absolutely welcome.
Speaker 1: Now I want to go to the phones for Scott. He has a comment, Go ahead, Scott.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, So yesterday I heard y'all at the end of the at the end of the show saying something about for me.
Speaker 1: I didn't the syndrome. I said that it was bond from that call, and I said, I get more and more calls from people, the poor me calls. I call them the poor me Go.
Speaker 9: Ahead, Yeah, And I wasn't I didn't know kind of the story behind it or anything. I just heard the comment on it, and for me, my first thought was, you know, every day, all the time, you know, as Americans were told that if we're not rich, we're failures, you know. And it was emphasized to me because I recently, I just recently visited India and over there people have very little and the money we have when we bring it over there, we are very very very rich over there, and no we.
Speaker 1: Are we are relative or Scott, I want to I want to ask you about your comment. We're we're told if we're not rich, we're not successful.
Speaker 9: Exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, some of that is true. I think, I really do believe that there's the one upsmanship and the billionaires, the multimillionaires, the millionaires, the one hundred thousandaires. I mean, there are people and you know, Karl Marx, by the way, I'm not a communist, but Karl Marx, by the way, wasn't a communist according to today's standards anyway. He was an idealist. He was truly more of a hippie. But Karl Marx believed that because of this striving, the rich want to be richer, the middle class wants to be the upper class, and the lower class wants to be the middle class. And because of this constant striving for structure, it keeps people hungry and tired and it's destructive. And he said that's why he believed there should be no classes there. Everyone should own everything. It's never going to work. But Scott without incentive though, and I do agree with you in a bit. We are very materialistic and you're right. If someone's working their ass off, they have a great job, they don't have a lot of money there and they go to a I like to say, this fictitious cocktail party. It's always those who have the money and the big cars and the big job that get the attention. And I do I do resent that a bit. We do have that. We can't deny that in this country we look up to money and success. We do, and in fact sometimes where it's not deserved. Even though someone is rich, it doesn't mean they're a great person. But because they're poor, it doesn't make them a great person either. So but do you think there's an answer to that? I don't think there is.
Speaker 9: Well, for myself, I know that, like I have to work hard for my money, and like it seems like I work all the time. Yeah, and there's not really time to like, you know, enjoy my money or like live up.
Speaker 1: Well, we're always you know, there was a philosopher, several philosophers who have acknowledged we're always living anywhere from a half hour to two days into the future. We're never enjoying the present. Like right now, I might be thinking when is Mark going to call in with the zoom? Or when he calls in with the zoom, I'm wondering when do I have to go to commercial? And then I wonder what am I doing after the show? Everyone lives in the in the moments, in the future. And somebody wrote a book one time called be Here Now. It was a great book about very few people live in the present. When people are poor, they're forced to live in the present. So anyway, it's a good observation. But I don't think I don't think Karl marsh or anyone in the world got it right. With human nature, We're never going to share, we're never going to be satisfied, and we're always going to be striving. And I'm not quite sure why. It's just maybe part of our DNA you know, I don't know, so. I mean I think that the essence of our political divisions come down to that there are people who believe everything for ourselves and everyone's then others want to look more at the communal life. Either way is wrong. There's some kind of blend that might work. Thanks for the call, Scott three oh three, seven to one to three talk seven one three eight two five five listen. I can't say enough about water Pros. I'm telling you the truth here. They have the best deal right now. Please take advantage of it. It's only for the rest of this year, the year ed special reverse osmosis and full drinking soft full house soft water conditioning and then reverse osmosis drinking water the whole shooting match for only thirty one ninety five. I'm telling you plumbers can't touch this system from for less than twelve to fifteen grand. And you can get it for thirty one ninety five three thousand, one hundred and ninety five dollars from Waterpros dot net three three eighty six two five five five four. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, you're a troubleshooter. I need someone to try out this link. Mark says doesn't work on Zoom. I'm serious. I need someone to to try it down. So if one of my people, maybe who has Zoom on their phone, that can come into the link on my show as an experiment, I would love it. I'm serious. I'll give you the Zoom link privately through your email.
Speaker 6: Maybe send it to Shannon.
Speaker 1: Does Shannon have Zoom on his phone? Yeah? Do you, Kelly? You have access to the radio show calendar?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 10: Yes?
Speaker 1: The link is on there for today.
Speaker 6: Yes, I couldn't bring it up on the computer, but you know you couldn't.
Speaker 1: When you clicked it.
Speaker 6: It just said site is not available.
Speaker 1: Okay, let me let me see if somebody else. Okay, I did a zoom link and shared it to that calendar. I thought it would work. But anyway, three oh three seven to one three talk seven one three eight two five five Kevin Calkins with us now shared an auto tech Kevin, somebody wants to know with electrical they have a problem with the battery discharging over long periods of time. Okay, because they they have a second car. Sure, do you recommend trickle charges or does it mean something's wrong with the car.
Speaker 5: No, all cars have a parasitic drain. Eventually will drain.
Speaker 1: That parasitic as in parasite parasitic drain, meaning there's a trickle being used all the time.
Speaker 5: Modules coming and going, communications, all kinds of different.
Speaker 1: Things, even if the car is turned off.
Speaker 5: Sure, sure, yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 1: Now it used it used to be you never had that.
Speaker 5: Oh no, we didn't have near the modules in the now.
Speaker 1: There's a battery switch that's some that you can buy that would it's it's a kin to a master switch and aircraft. There is absolutely nothing that will drain. But then would you have to reset your clocks and everything?
Speaker 5: And yeah, you have to reset everything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, your your your radio, and stuff doesn't have any built in Uh, well it.
Speaker 5: Does, but it needs the battery to maintain it. It doesn't have its own power source.
Speaker 1: And so if you did a bat if you did a battery turn off a master switch, you would really screw. I mean, it would be a pain at all.
Speaker 5: Even a lot of the learned things within the modules will be reset without power over a certain period of time. You know, transmission models learned from your driving, and actually you know they know how you you drive and reply set that you know appropriately. So to me, a battery maintainer would be a whole lot easier than trying to turn power off to everything.
Speaker 1: Okay, I want to remind people they can text me at my personal Google number. In fact, I shouldn't tell you this, but somebody called me on it the other day and I answered, it's look at it's a personal phone. It goes right to my cell but no one's abused it so far. Seven four seven nine nine nine fifty two eighty. And anyway, I just wanted to let you know that somebody just texted me about I said I was going to tell them about Hurricane David. I never got to it. Yesterday we had such GM lines. Here's the quick story. I was working for w TBT, that's channel thirteen. It was called Pulse thirteen in Tampa, Florida, big station, big coverage all over Florida, and I was sent with two photographers, meet no. I had two reporters, two photographers, four of us went over to where it was hitting in Miami, north of Miami and where as we're driving across everyone's evacuating ray and we laughed about how funny that is being in this business. We're going the opposite direction of safety. And then and we were out there covering this and we were going to hunker down and get out and show the devastation, but our car broke down on the highway I ninety five. I believe it was on the East coast. And honest to God, you could see what happened was we we were in safety in the front of the hurricane came and then the eye is a big giant circle of calmness, and then then as the store moves, the eye moves, and you get the back end of the storm. And we were out during the taking video and our car broke down and we couldn't get it going, and we're I'm looking down I because it's flat in Florida, and I'm looking way down either I ninety five or Alligator Alley, one of those big long roads. And you could see the storm coming because we were in the eye. The front was moving I think north east northwest. I think however it was was going up Florida. We were being hit and then and then calm, and then it was coming up and we could see it approaching and our car's not running, and I'm thinking, we're gonna die in this car. There's no way that car is going to protect us. And so just then the sheriff's deputy pulls up, and that's when I said, we spent the night in jail. So he took us and opened up a cell for us to sleep it or to stay in until the back side of the storm came. But it's it was a very devastating hurricane. I don't know how it rained Hurricane David compared to Milton. Milton looked way worse, but I'm not sure anyway, that was the story there, all right, three oh three seven one three talk seven one three aight two five five. I'm going to try to work out this zoom. So we can get Mark in, but meanwhile we are taking phone calls on problems three oh three seven one three Talks seven one three A two five five or three oh three Martino three oh three, six two seven eight four sixty six Tom. For auto bodywork, do you have any recommendations for the C four seventy I twenty five area. I only saw one auto repair in Denver listed on referral list. Well, we got way more auto repairs in Denver than one. And as far as body shops, Kevin, what comes to mind for you? There are a lot of good body shops around now. I can't say they're on the referral list, but we have there. There are good body shops around now I'm currently working with and I don't know if they do anything outside of McDonald's Autogroup, but the McDonald Collision Center is good. And then the one that BMW associated with and Sonic Murray was at Murray. I think it's called body Works Murray, but that's not for that. That's more. If you had to pick a major intersection, Evans and I twenty five, but it's east of there. I don't really know. I mean, I'm sure there are a ton of I'm sure there. Look, there have been Perry, and Terry has been around for years. There caliper or something. There's gerber does there's a ton of really oh oh oh down South. Michael's autobody in Castle rocks really good as well. I'm Tom Martinez three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five don't forget eight eight eight Heating dot com. They have the forty five dollars deep clean and check for your furnace, plus if you need a replacement. They specialize in high efficiency units that truly at a great value that will save you money for years to come. Eight eight eight Heating dot Com. Go with a sure thing Denvers best Roofer Excel Roofing dot Com.
Speaker 2: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 1: Time for an insurance check up, free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your Troubleshooter three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five. I'm gonna go to some texts. We have uh again the text seven four seven nine nine nine fifty two eighty, and then we have the short code and that is five seven seven three nine. That's the iHeart one. We have two ways to text us, and then you can message us on the on the YouTube channel Troubleshooter Network. So this one says, mommy, what is the difference between Kamala Harris and the Panama Canal? Well, the Panama Canal is a busy ditch. Oh wow, that is really a good one. Busy ditch. I like that. Here's another one. Okay, it says here, well, I don't know only employee, only employees, not relatives. Let's see five or less employees pay. I don't know what he's sawing about. I guess we were talking about the Family leve Act yesterday and what they said was something about how much time off do people get, who can they take it for? And who's eligible? Kevin as a small employer, because I know you have less. Everything used to apply to twenty five or more do you have to under the new Colorado one? Do you have to provide a family leave?
Speaker 5: Well, we don't provide it, but I think it's over ten you have to match the deduction from your employees like it would be for Social Security, you know, faika. So if you have under ten, you don't have to match it. That's the only difference.
Speaker 1: Okay, but they still you still have to give them paid time off.
Speaker 5: According to that. Yeah, and it's paid by the almost like an unemployment type.
Speaker 1: You pay it, the state pays it.
Speaker 5: The state collected all the funds and the state will provide the pay for it. But you have to keep the job open. That's the hard part with small business. Say a guy takes two months off for his wife's having a baby something like that. Two months later he comes back, I have to have that job waiting for him when he gets there.
Speaker 1: But they collected the funds from you for this each employee.
Speaker 5: It gets a production from there.
Speaker 1: Each employee, so it doesn't cost employers except for their.
Speaker 5: No, if you have more than ten, you have to match the employees pay, so you you do contribute, But if you have the employee that's not now.
Speaker 1: Mark says estimates are eighty thousand people. Eighty thousand people in a blue state. Wow, okay, Tom, how many times are you going to play that Trump advertisement? This is turning into an infomercial. I wonder what he's talking about. I don't think he's talking about that video I just played. That can't be rally.
Speaker 5: Is that what he's talking about?
Speaker 1: No, I don't think so. I think do we have political ads on this show when we go to break Dragon? Do we have political ads? There could be I'm certain I can go back and listen now. I sent a new link to Mark, and I think that he should be able to use that. It's the one to use every day. I don't know why we're having a problem with that link, but again, I'd be happy to send other people a link as well if you want to try to come in. In fact, I can put it up on the YouTube thing. But then we'd be inundated, wouldn't we anyway? Three or three? Wouldn't that be fun? We ought to do that because I get to choose which one I want up right, Sure, let me see, I'm gonna set my settings. I might put that up on chat and have a whole bunch of crazy people coming in. That's what I'm gonna do. So anyway, people, we have some car questions on text. One has to do with the do most cars okay, I'm asking this for me. Do most cars have alternators?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 1: Not generators? Right?
Speaker 5: Alternators?
Speaker 1: Correct? What's the difference?
Speaker 5: Well, an alternator asto from generator is not us as a separate regulator to monitor and change voltage. What the alternator it's built in. The generator just runs.
Speaker 1: Is that all that is the only difference.
Speaker 5: That's the biggest difference. Yeah, it's all internal okay, with different diodes everything.
Speaker 1: Now virtually every car has.
Speaker 5: I don't know a car anymore of the generator, probably over forty years ago.
Speaker 1: Okay, Now someone else wants to know with overheating. With overheating, what are the main causes for overheating in this weather?
Speaker 5: Well, one, it's cooler, I mean cooling fan operation for one. If the cooling fan doesn't work, it could be a million things.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 1: Leaks A thermost.
Speaker 5: Yes, yeah, most thermostats anywhere what they call fail safe, so they'll fail safe open, yeah.
Speaker 1: Which means it won't overheat.
Speaker 5: It won't heat up, it won't heat up correct.
Speaker 1: Okay, so most of those are normally open, yes, okay. And then as far as leaks, that would you can see that in your level low cooling, bad cooling, Yeah.
Speaker 5: It wouldn't cause overheating because corrosion more than anything bad cooling.
Speaker 1: Okay, So if you're cooling gets old, it doesn't lose its ability to.
Speaker 5: Cool no, No, it just it loses the lubrication qualities and the anti corrosion quantity.
Speaker 1: Okay. Then you said something about the radiator.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the radiator, you know, you could have scaling, so you don't.
Speaker 1: Have proper circulations, so the water's moving slowly. How do you check out that? How do you check any of that? I mean that the shop really needs to do that.
Speaker 5: Then you can, I mean there's backyard methods. You know, you can check your radiator for flow.
Speaker 1: And he doesn't know why it doesn't overheat all the time.
Speaker 5: Well, unless the condition has to be changing. Then I mean either the cooling fan is not coming on all the time or only comes on sometimes, or and.
Speaker 1: That would be like, aren't those cooling fans on a thermal switch?
Speaker 5: Most of them are electric. Yeah, they're controlling and they go on and off with a temp. They go off and on by the computer. Yeah, so different conditions. If you turn your air conditioning on, it'll turn a fan on. Temperature, a lot of different things. Yeah, so there's a lot to it.
Speaker 1: Okay, Mike wants to talk about a home he's been working with Deputy d on Mountain View home. Wait is this this is not the mobile home park? Isn't Okay? Okay, yes, it is the mobile home park. Okay, hang on, man, I'm gonna come right back to you. I'm gonna give you more time. I'm Tom Martinez three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. Today's car Day, which means you should be mindful of car insurance and all of your insurance and compass insurance. The Insurance Help Center dot com will give you a free analysis of your insurance to see if you're paying too much, to see if you have enough insurance, to see if you have a great deal, and they're very honest about it. Three oh three nine nine six nine thou go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check free no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven seven to one. Help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot Com to list your home with Remax Alliance three three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. All right, I want to go right away to Mike now, Dimitri, Yeah, what is a deputy d What is Mike's position?
Speaker 8: Mike owns the mobile home park in Loveland where Vanessa's trailer was. It still is park.
Speaker 1: Now. Whenever we hear one side of the story, we usually get a skewed view, but here we had one side of the story and still sided with the other side, which is amazing to us. We've only heard one side of the story. But what she was saying doesn't make sense. She had a trailer basically a used trailer in Mountain View Mobile Home Park and never once, never once paid rent the lot rent, never once. From what we can tell, her lot rent was paid by charities. When it accumulated enough for the part to evict her, they would come in and swoop in and protect her and write alum sum to get her on her feet. Then she was supposed to pick up the mantle and make her payments. She never did, not once until finally in February she couldn't get any more charity help and she had, she was evicted, and she's pissed off. I don't understand it. So, Mike, are you you're the owner? Can you tell shed some light on this situation?
Speaker 11: Well, it sounds like you explained it pretty well, although I don't know if she never paid a penny. It sounds like I spoke to my property manager. I mean, I spoke to my property manager before calling you just now. And it looks like we've gone through this eviction process with her four times, I know. And like you said, the first three times neighbor and neighbor came in and paid her rent. They don't pay her legal fees, but they paid a back rent and they pay a month or two in advance, and she promises to pay the legal fees right and then that started back in twenty twenty one was the first time she got rescued. The last time neighbor and neighbor made a payment for her was twenty twenty three, and then we got a couple of small payments since then because evidently she couldn't get anything from charities anymore.
Speaker 10: But she owes me.
Speaker 11: You know, eight thousand dollars now is the balance on her account. And like you said, she's really never paid almost anything in four years of living in the park.
Speaker 1: And did you legally lock her out? I didn't know trailer parks can do that. Do you can lock the trailer?
Speaker 12: Not without going to the court?
Speaker 1: No, I understand, but went to the court, But I didn't know. I don't know how that works with with trailers. When they own the trailer, you are allowed to lock them out of it.
Speaker 11: Well, nobody really knows. But what we did is we got an eviction, which means she has to move the trailer out right, and then we got that changed into a lockout instead, so that the only time the only thing she can come in for is to get the trailer and move it out.
Speaker 1: Okay, but okay, I get out? Okay now, Mike, She claims she put thousands and thousands of dollars into that trailer.
Speaker 12: You know, I don't doubt that there's building supplies, okay, strewn throughout the trailer and on the lot. I mean it's totally a work in progress. It's not, you know, being done to any code or anything like that.
Speaker 7: It's just a mess.
Speaker 1: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 2: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 1: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call up as insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 13: Ripped of.
Speaker 4: You need so you don't have to running as the canow Shooter's gonna help come.
Speaker 14: Manx is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 1: No, Tom Martinez. All right, So I did an experiment. Hello people, I'm here and I am going to start admitting people from zoom. I'm telling you I did a multi zoom call for our YouTube channel and they can participate on the show. It's gonna be weird. I'm gonna tell you it's gonna be weird and you're gonna try it. I got people up and I don't know how to control it completely. Let's see who do I see? Nope, that's the wrong one. Let me let me go back and welcome to this show. By the way, I'm Tom Martinez. This is a consumer show three O three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five to help you solve problems, answer questions, take complaints, make your life a little easier. And okay, i'll tell you what. We got to leave Europe right now, so to leave. He's looking good and talk to leave, so we can. I want to see if we can take callers. Now, go ahead, sir, are you on? Let me hear you. I don't hear you, but okay, So maybe this is a live experiment to see if zoom callers can call the radio show and also talk. I think you have your mind. I might have people's I might have people hold on, I might have people muted. Now all of you guys, And what I have to do is I have to set the settings differently, because right now it's it's it's pneumonium. Because what I have to do is set it so I can admit people when I want to ye for example, if I if I touch something here and I got so anyway, people, thanks for this experiment. I don't know, like I said, completely, what I'm doing, but I'm gonna be the first one in history to have a live podcast that's going to admit the video in and people can talk. So somebody's up there with a dog in the back seat, and hey, man, how are you This is crazy? The dogs dog walks. Yeah, the dog's kissing them. Okay, folks, let me go to the phones, and I'm gonna I'm gonna end the experiment for now. Listen, I really appreciate you doing this. I don't mean end it like end to end it, but I'm gonna I'm gonna mute it for a minute here. And I got I got a lot of people who called in on this, a lot of people, and I just have to figure out how I'm gonna do it and only take people that I let in. So, uh, I just don't know. Look at that, Look at all the people here.
Speaker 5: That's cool.
Speaker 1: I wonder if that any Well, we have a limit on our account of one hundred and we're damn near that right now. I think you can get we might have more than that, and then people people are also chatting. So eventually what I'm gonna do is I'm gonna have people will be able to show me their trouble as well as call in. That's pretty cool, and then I can look at your trouble and your consumer problem the first ever We're gonna have that live on this show. And then let me so anyway, you hear that noise in the background, I'm gonna have to mute that for now. Just let me mute it for now. All right. I think I muted it, and I'm gonna have to stop it because I'm just going nuts right now. Three O three seven to one three talk guys, thank you for the experiment. I need to end this just for a minute because I need to figure out how to control it. It was great, It was great. It was just a live experiment to see if I could get people on here on Zoom to be part of the talk show on radio as well and at the same time show us trouble if we need it. So when I figure out, I got to figure out how I automatically mute him when they come in, and then how I admit callers one at a time. I will figure that out. We're doing live radio here, folks, so give me a little break here. Let me go to the phones and solve some problems here. Josh has a question on flood insurance. Josh, go ahead. What's going on?
Speaker 15: Hey, Tom, question on flood insurance.
Speaker 16: Then I've also got a Frontier Lines comment if you have a chance, yes, sir, go ahead. The wisdom.
Speaker 15: So I've heard Mark's story about his house and buying flood insurance. Yeah, and so I just looked into it just curiously, and it's so darn cheap, right, But I'm trying to ask myself, why would one who really.
Speaker 16: Has no risk of flooding buy it?
Speaker 1: Okay, and Mark had no risk of flooding, and that's why you bought it. In fact, that's why it's cheap. In fact, if you do have risk of flooding and you're in more than a one hundred year floodplane, sometimes cost prohibitive. So what you have to do is get it subsidized, and that's called subsidized flood insurance. So a lot of people don't understand how it works. If you're in a floodplane, you qualify for subsidies that brings the insurance down to about seven hundred to eight. Well, no, now it's about eight to nine hundred a year. With a subsidy. On a small house, it can range two thousand. It can go up to two thousand a year just for the flood part. And that's with a subsidy. Without a subsidy, you'd be paying like ten to twelve grand a year. So the government subsidizes flood insurance when you're in a floodplane. Now Mark was not in a floodplane, but he had this crazy thought, what if water ever accumulates and flows into my house, that'll be a flood. I won't be covered and a lot of people that happens. It happens with snow, it happens with hail piling up, and he had the forethought of buying flood insurance. Now, for people not in a floodplaine, it's pretty damn cheap. How much were you quoted.
Speaker 15: For it, Josh, to twenty a year?
Speaker 1: Well, that's actually more than I thought it might be. Some people are paying fifty and sixty so to twenty a year. To twenty a year, you might be in a two hundred year floodplaine. What are you do you know.
Speaker 16: I have no clue, but okay, I wasn't right.
Speaker 1: You're like, so, what what is your question, sir? What is your question?
Speaker 16: Oh?
Speaker 15: I'm just wondering what it covers outside? Like a sprinkler line breaks and it floods your house.
Speaker 1: Is that a flood if a sprinkler line, yes, okay. Here's the definition of a flood. Any water outside the house that hits a horizontal surface and flows into the home.
Speaker 17: Okay.
Speaker 1: So that could be your deck, that could be ground if that could be probably a patio, okay. So it's any water that flows from the outside in the source of the water is not the determining factor. It's the flow of the water.
Speaker 7: Okay.
Speaker 1: So that's what determines if in fact it's going to uh, it's going to be a flood. So let's say you have a hailstorm that breaks an upper window and rain comes into that upper window and destroys the side of your wall. That is not a flood, and you would be covered without flood insurance. You'd be covered because the water came directly into the home without hitting a horizontal surface. Let's say your roof has a hole in it, that's obviously not a flood, right, that's rain or hail or whatever. And so let's say you have a bad rainstorm, a driving rain and hailstorm, almost like tropical proportions, and it hits your siding and flows down your siding into some windows. What is that? That hit a vertical surface, So it's not a flood. But if that goes down your siding onto your deck and then flows into your home, it's a flood.
Speaker 7: Gotcha?
Speaker 1: Okay, So isn't that weird? I mean, it is a it is. It is highly technical, but it's good to ask. Thanks for calling, Josh, three h three seven to one three talk Pat. Welcome. Pat? You called about three weeks ago. Who were you working with? Pat?
Speaker 7: Good morning, sir.
Speaker 13: I was never assigned anybody. Oh you guys said was to you would talk to the guy at the dealership.
Speaker 7: I was supposed to come.
Speaker 1: Okay, can you tell me? Okay, here, I'm trying to figure out when you called. Did you use the name Pat when you called?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: Okay, and it was about your car with what dealership?
Speaker 7: September twenty oh.
Speaker 1: September twentieth Okay, that's all I need to know here September twentieth and tell me, okay, twenty twenty three Chevy Colorado and it had some specs under the paint near the driver's door. The dealer is offering to fix it. Pat negotiated a settlement with a new car sales manager for sixteen hundred bucks plus a refund of the paint protectant, which isn't going to do you any good. What happened with that?
Speaker 13: I'm called and left messages ten different times.
Speaker 1: And so right now, those specs under your paint? Did you ever have that diagnosed?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 13: Yeah, they saw it at the dealership when I took it in for an oil change.
Speaker 1: What do they say it is? What do they say it is?
Speaker 13: It's under the paint and they just didn't prep it well enough.
Speaker 7: I guess.
Speaker 13: So, yeah, there's force pecks about.
Speaker 1: What does tell me this? What does a body shop say it would take to fix it? Could you buffet or does it have to be repainted?
Speaker 13: It has to be sanded and repainted. They were going to blend it to the front fender and the rear door and the top.
Speaker 1: And you decided you'd rather take the money and leave it the way it is.
Speaker 12: I mean, if I could reach in an agreement.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I don't.
Speaker 13: I don't see fixing it at the moment if I remember.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you something. If I walked up to that car, would I notice it? Uh?
Speaker 13: Probably not?
Speaker 1: Okay, So you need help getting through to that sales What was the name of that sales manager, the new car sales manager?
Speaker 9: Peter Duzinski?
Speaker 1: Peter Duzinski?
Speaker 5: Remember right? The sales Manager's not there anymore.
Speaker 1: That's the rub Wait, yeah, yeah, that is Jimmy is Duzinski? Wait a minute, is Duzinsky gone?
Speaker 13: No, he's actually the man that sold it to me.
Speaker 1: No, No, who's the one that offered you the sixteen hundred?
Speaker 7: Jimmy?
Speaker 1: Where's Jimmy right now?
Speaker 7: And he quit? He's not there anymore.
Speaker 1: He was the new sales car manager. Yes, well your agreement went out the window with him unless you got it in writing.
Speaker 7: No, there was no writing.
Speaker 13: He was going to have some paperwork drawn up.
Speaker 1: Well guess what, man, he was probably talking out as butt.
Speaker 3: No emails, no texts, nothing.
Speaker 9: No, just all on the phone.
Speaker 3: So you got to start all over again.
Speaker 13: You do well, understandable, but yeah, this guy won't even return a call.
Speaker 1: So the dealer's name. We never really got. What's the dealer's name, Mike Maroney. Mike Maroney not a bad dealer usually. I mean, in general, here's what we're gonna do. We're gonna put someone on it.
Speaker 5: But they are still willing to fix.
Speaker 13: It though, right, yeah, I guess I don't know. We we've gone beyond that.
Speaker 1: Well, listen, let's just let someone Okay, who in the studio wants to take this? Bo?
Speaker 7: Is? Bo?
Speaker 1: There? I thought you had.
Speaker 3: I'm here dollar the call?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah somebody? Yeah, yeah, yeah? Is Doc in this? Let me just write down who's in the studio? Is Doc there?
Speaker 5: Doc's here?
Speaker 16: Doc?
Speaker 1: And Bow and that's it here Tom Lock talk and Bow. Well, okay, Bo, why don't you give a quick call? All right, I'm gonna I'm gonna put this down. You know, we'll start trying to negotiate for you. But listen, I don't think you can say, hey, I was offered sixteen hundred. I mean you can say that, but there's no binding agreement there that I can see at this point. So okay, hold on, Bow will take care of you. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 2: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 1: Three time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one. Help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi, Tom Martino, your troubleshooter. Three O three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five. Okay, let's go to the phones find out what's on your mind today? And uh we have uh three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five and here's a text. Please fix the YouTube. We fixed the audio, So now okay. On the Family Leave Act, Colorado taxpayer funded voters voted a few years ago. The funds are taken out of each paycheck, So really it doesn't cost the employer, but you're saying it does cost the bigger employers they have to match match. Yeah, all right, so okay, Kevin. Then we also have a car thing here and that is let me find it. Okay. So what somebody wants to know if it's what is a short block mean? They were told they need a short block, sir.
Speaker 5: It's the engine without heads or timing change. So you get the block fitted with pistons on a crank shift and you have to do so.
Speaker 1: It's a partial block. It's well, the block is not literally shorter, is it.
Speaker 5: No? No, no, it's just you get just the block as opposed to a long block has heads on it as okay, okay, so it's basically without heads. Okay, so it reuse the heads or get in a different head to put and then you have to assemble it right where the long block comes assembled with heads, timing chainer.
Speaker 1: There are more and more people doing motors or engines right now in their cars. Are more and more people doing yeah, definitely, Okay, why is that? Well?
Speaker 5: I mean, you can get another one hundred thousand miles on a car for ten grades, but you have to make sure there's a variable.
Speaker 1: Okay, obviously the frame and body, right, Okay, the interior unless you don't care if it's added, but you want a good interior. What about transmission, because if you had to do the engine and transmission, now you're talking about the main hard and lungs basically.
Speaker 5: And if you don't do it at the same time, there's definitely a risk. You know, you just take a chance. I mean, that's all you really can do.
Speaker 1: Okay, So on a car, usually if the engine goes, I mean, what can we put a formula to it or a y when you wouldn't mess. Here's what I'm trying to figure out. We get so many questions about replacing engines and or transmissions, so let's take them as a combination, because I venture to say that if it's for mileage reasons, you're gonna have one go out and then the other. If it's for a catastrophic failure, that's different. For example, if you have a car with under let's say one hundred thousand miles, the engine could go out for catastrophic or reasons. Catastrophic, sure, but not usually for longevity. They don't really wear out. No, no, not anymore. No, I agree, no engine wears out. Ok So if you have a catastrophic failure, what would it be, Well.
Speaker 5: I mean different things. We had you know we're working on one now. It's Honda has a burnt valve, okay, okay, so it's got a misfire, check in with Knight saw on. It's not running right right, So the car's only got seventy five eighty miles on it, all right, So we're rebuilding the head. So it's going to be mid threes to four thousand dollars too.
Speaker 1: But that's just the head, just the head. There's no reason to go into the whole thing.
Speaker 5: Not with seventy eighty thousand miles on it. And it was an option. That's one thing we did discuss.
Speaker 1: Okay. Now, when does a transmission give out normally.
Speaker 5: Or wear out? In my one hundred and fifty is average?
Speaker 1: Okay, So you have to do the math to see if you're going to keep the vehicle, because I think if you have a car let's say sixty seventy thousand, and you do the engine, then in another thirty or forty you have to do a tranny. Let's say, I don't think you'll get your money out of it.
Speaker 5: I don't know if it's getting the money out of it as opposed.
Speaker 1: To if you use it, that's fine.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, exactly. But I mean you're looking at forty grand to buy another car minimum, right, yeah, grant, but it's a big jump from ten grand to keep on going engine.
Speaker 1: And tranny in a medium sized car nowadays. How much the engine's going to be what seven or.
Speaker 5: Eight depending on whether you go you know, low low mileage? You use the rebuilt, rebuilt, rebuilt motor and transmission just around number fifteen grand, sixteen grand?
Speaker 1: Okay, now let's what fifteen or sixteen just.
Speaker 5: The engine, engine and transmission.
Speaker 1: Oh that's okay, yeah, yeah, yeah, so sixteen grand, and now you have a car if the interiors find and everything you've really I mean, what would it need chocks in this now and then? But that's normal made it. So let's think about this. For sixteen grand, you in essence have a rebuilt tranion engine. You have a new car, and.
Speaker 5: You do get a good warranty on their rebuilt you will.
Speaker 1: Have you will have a car that'll ass you as long as a new car. Yes, okay, so you're right, that's sixteen as opposed to at least twice that or more.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and additional license plate fees, insurance, everything on a newer car.
Speaker 1: That's why more and more people now are doing it.
Speaker 5: Yep, especially if you don't drive it a lot. So you know you're you're close to retirement or this that this you're you're not a commuter.
Speaker 1: I mean, now, I'm gonna ask another silly question. Let's say you had one hundred and fifty thousand miles on it and you did that. Is does the frame get old? Is there a point where you say to yourself, Okay, I'm gonna have like a new car. I did the tranny rebuilt, and I did the engine rebuilt, but I still have a frame with one hundred and fifty thousand or is that not? Or front end or you start getting mules or pumpkins and.
Speaker 5: What different things that you start looking at as different manufacturers totos, you're not worried one hundred and fifty for.
Speaker 1: The frame or any of it. What about the front ends?
Speaker 5: How long they frame? I mean they all vary because some are heavier, summer lighter or some, but.
Speaker 1: In general front ends or rear ends they don't go out. No, they need components. Sure, sure, Okay, I'm gonna ask another silly question. Okay, front end components. Let's talk about how much would that if you had to do the whole front end.
Speaker 5: You know, you talk your front end on most cars front will drive. You don't have a differential, that is the transmission.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you don't have you don't have that. You have suspension is okay, tell me with suspension, shots, struss or whatever. Well, the other thing that most the major I'm trying to see, I'm trying to give people some some we never really talked about this, but I'm trying to give them a sense of resurrecting a car. Sure, logically if you had to do worst case scenario.
Speaker 5: But the thing I look at, you gotta will drive. So you have transfer cases on a lot of cars now.
Speaker 1: And that that is not included in the transmissions.
Speaker 5: And they could be three to five thousand by themselves.
Speaker 1: Okay, but a transfer case would be the other major thing if you had one hundred and fifty thousand exactly, okay, So they could be let's say five.
Speaker 5: So now you're up to twenty.
Speaker 1: You're up to twenty, okay, but this is not all at the same time, it would be overappeerd. So now you're up to twenty. What else would there be? Shots are minor, right, Yeah, suspension stuff is minor.
Speaker 5: You can get a couple of grand.
Speaker 1: So truly, that's it. Yeah, about twenty grand would get you essentially everything you'd need in a front wheel.
Speaker 5: Drive car, yes, an all will drive car yes.
Speaker 1: And an all wheel drive car you don't have rear end components.
Speaker 5: We're talking shocks, replace a bearing or something that.
Speaker 1: Okay, so we're not talking major so major expenditures, transfer case, transmission and an engine. If you're looking at twenty compared to forty.
Speaker 5: Forty to fifty, and then I will drive.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So if the body's in good shape, if the interior is in good shape, you basically it's it's no longer foolish to do that.
Speaker 5: No, I don't think so, you know.
Speaker 1: You could actually buy a car on purpose to do that if you like the body, if it's in good shape, and so people, I'm thinking entirely. You know, I used to think new cars all the time, you know, with long warranties, And I still don't think that's a bad idea. However, there is something to be said about rebuilding something that is solid. What would you not spend twenty grand on over a period of two or three years to keep three to four, three to five years.
Speaker 5: What would you not spend twenty You know the Kias and Hyundai's I think when they run.
Speaker 1: Their there they're two lightweight.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they they're done. When they're done, you think, yeah, it's kind of hard to bring them back.
Speaker 1: Okay, you know certain. But what are we look about then? If we're talking about a period of three to five years, the possibility of spending the max twenty to have rebuilt everything, what would you what would you do it? What? What cars are we talking would be eligible?
Speaker 5: Well, the biggies would be you know, Honda to it would be the top of the list.
Speaker 1: So close would you do a Chevy Trailblazer, an Equinox or something? Depending on the book value?
Speaker 5: I mean you got to you got to really look at values on cars, you know, you start approaching double books.
Speaker 1: In other words, you have to look at what you would replace that car for. Yes, that absolutely so if that car you're gonna put twenty in can be replaced for thirty, it wouldn't be worth it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Or if it could be replaced for eighteen yeah yeah, yeah, I mean some of thember that oh, they don't hold the value at all, so you're doubling the value of the car.
Speaker 1: So if you wanted to spend twenty over a period of three to five years to keep a car in perfect shape, but you can replace it for forty I would say, then it's worth it.
Speaker 7: I agree.
Speaker 1: So we're looking at that fifty percent.
Speaker 5: Mark something in there, fifty sixty percent.
Speaker 1: You can have fifty percent savings. It might be worth it, yep. But if you're approaching but if you're approaching the value of what you can buy that car for, yeah it does. Don't even think about it. That makes sense. Or putting that money down on a new car. That's another option. See, that's the thing. It's not as easy as it used to be. Three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five. By the way, one clear Choice Garage Doors. We're talking cars, say let's talk about your garage. Your garage door if it doesn't close at night, is a security issue. You can get twenty four to seven service from one clear Choice Doors dot Com. Their prices are on there. You can get doors, you can get any component of a door. You can get openers or any component of an opener. One clear Choice Doors dot com. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 2: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 1: Time for an insurance checkup free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three all three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. You know, that's a very good discussion with those those cars, and it prompted a few texts about resurrecting and keeping cars. Someone wants to know now about restoring cars, and that's a hole.
Speaker 5: That's a whole different, different ballgame.
Speaker 1: So let's talk about restoring cars as far as uh yeah, let's talk about it. I mean, what what is involved? And when does it not pay? See that's the weird part is that when does it not pay?
Speaker 5: I don't think it ever pays. If you will financially, I think it's it's a preference in a hobby. You know, you get so much tied into a restauration, so.
Speaker 1: Really it's it's not a matter of it's really not a matter of whether or not whether or not it pays. As far as money, it's if you want to do it. There's no logic to it. No, people normally don't get their.
Speaker 5: Money because you can go to auctions and buy projects that people have started five ten years ago and they got fifty grand tied up and yeah.
Speaker 1: So that's more of a love. No, there's no math involved in that.
Speaker 5: No, that's a preference. Yeah, that's something you want to do.
Speaker 1: Okay. Now, as far as cars, they want to know what cars to avoid at one hundred thousand miles. Now here's the problem. I don't care what car you buy if you don't know who's maintained it. True, that's going to be the part people. It's not the mileage as much as it is the maintenance. If somebody perfectly maintained a car, you can have a really nice car one hundred thousand miles.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you got the deeper end of the cars. They're cheaper for a reason, you know, there's different things. They're not as heavy duty, and you know, like the smaller Kias and Hundais, they're great one hundred thousand mile cars. They're not great to own it one hundred and twenty. You know, they're great to buy new and run them to one hundred and get away.
Speaker 1: Okay, things like that.
Speaker 5: So in the Fords and Chevy's the bottom end cars their bottom end for a reason, even to Otis. You know, you get into the little but.
Speaker 1: I was told Chevy's would last for a long time.
Speaker 5: They do, but you got to get the right Chevy. Not all of them are. You know, you got to look at book values and see and make a decision that way. If you're buying a car, you know, for five six grand, you're gonna get what you pay for, you know, and some of the other ones same year as miles. Everything else will be fifteen sixteen twenty. You know, you got to be selective. They're not all the same, all.
Speaker 1: Right, three oh three seven one three talk seven one three h two five five. Now we have some follow ups that we're going to take. Uh D, weren't you working on in addition to the mobile home park? Weren't you working on something else. I thought you were. There was one.
Speaker 8: I forget what this Leyoa called yesterday day about a warranty or a recall issue with her Mini that's been stuck at many of Loveland.
Speaker 1: That's the one. Hold on. We'll come back to that. Okay, I'm Tom Martino. Let's talk about it. It's car Day. Recalls are a bitch. I'm telling you. They can be a real problem because sometimes I think the manufacturers put out recalls before they have enough solutions.
Speaker 5: They do a lot of times they're not prepared for them.
Speaker 1: So we got more coming up. Three oh three seven to one, three eight two five five. Genesis Total Exteriors. In addition to everything they do on the outside of their house, they do mold mitigation. They do detection and mitigation the honest way. Genesis tootalexteriors dot com go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot Com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help you'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot Com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three O three seven one three talk three all three seven one three eight two five five. Welcome to the show. All right, let's uh take some wrap up some stuff here. If you want to get your calls in, you can, But we have some follow ups that I want to talk about. So for those who didn't hear earlier in the show, Vanessa who called about her mobile home lot and she had a mobile home and just a won't make a long story short, she never really paid lot rent. She had charities pay it. She lived there for three years without ever paying, and then was evicted in twenty four or maybe she lived there two and a half, whatever she was evicted. She thinks they owe her money. They don't own all her money. In fact, the guy's even willing to buy the trailer from her to get the title and give her some cash. So I think that that's a good compromise if she takes it, and we have a deputy d working on that to try to work out a deal. She's also signed in with a boyfriend. You know, people, if you have young ones, and when I say young ones, I mean they could be thirty, right, or just your kids, your nieces, your nephews, your charges, anyone that you help, don't ever let them buy with people they're not married to. Now, even when you're married, it's a risk, right because you know, marriages break up, but then there's legal ways to separate. But when you are with someone you're not married to, where there are no laws to dictate, it's the wild West. When you own something with someone else, whether it be a car or whether it be a home, and there's no partnership agreement and there's no governing document. I mean, if you break up with that person, what do you do? I mean you could be stuck. We've had cases where people broke up and the woman stayed there or the guy stayed there, the other one takes off the house appreciates humongously in value, or they fix it up and it comes time to sell it and they can't get the other one to sign off without getting half the money. Yeah, you could screw yourself like that, I'm telling you. There is no great, big scale in the sky that says that's not fair. You weren't there for ten years and now you want half. So be careful when you're doing that kind of stuff, Drew. What's going on with you? Drew?
Speaker 18: Well, basically, I've lost ninety eight percent of my life savings. I'm a seventy seven year old crippled person and I'm going to be evicted soon, and I was just hoping some people might help.
Speaker 7: Drew.
Speaker 1: How did all this happen?
Speaker 18: Well, because I got a hit by a car and I'm crippled.
Speaker 1: When did you get hit? Drew?
Speaker 18: Three years ago?
Speaker 7: Three?
Speaker 1: Is that when your life started going downhill? Because I know you've called the show a few times. May I ask something your seventy seven? When did you retire? Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance, pay too much your coverage? Dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot Com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two writ.
Speaker 4: You needed by who.
Speaker 2: You don't have?
Speaker 4: Come running just as fast as we can show Shooter's gonna help. Come man.
Speaker 1: This is the Troubleshooter Show. Now Tom Martino, Hi, Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. As you can see us, Car Day today, I have my guests in the studio U. We have a Deputy Dot Deputy BO, Deputy Dollar all in the studio at the Mothership. And then here I have Deputy d and I have Kevin Calkin from Sheridan Auto Tech. And it is car Day. We're taking problems, questions and complaints about all kinds of things. And I have a caller to my show that I think's been calling in twenty or thirty years. I mean since I was on WABC in New York City and he followed me ever since. And he was a preacher and he's seventy seven. He was disabled. He says he's going to be evicted, he's lost everything. I remember when he first called in, and I don't mean to make light of this. I remember when he first called in about walking into a car, but he said, look, I was just walking, it was at night, and I hit this tailgate. So I want to try to paint a picture of that and talk about that. And then we have and I'm going to bring you up in a minute here, but Deputy D, you have some follow ups. Deputy D and any other deputies call me if you just shout out. And then YouTube morons did an experiment with me. I want to tell them they've done a lot for me. They've helped me a lot, really, really really helped me. What you guys did was you zoomed into the show and showed me that I can have a zoom with like one hundred participants or more right now on the air live. And so in the future, when people have a problem, they'll be able to zoom the problem to me. I can see the problem and talk to them. I just have to figure out in zoom some settings like automatically muting callers when they call in, and I have to know about also how to select one caller at a time and how I can control that. So that's the future of the show. We're going to high tech and we'll be able to take video and audio. So, Deputy D what was the follow up the Mini Cooper.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you may recall Lyla from Loveland called because her Mini Cooper has been in the service department of Many of Loveland for a recall issue since August. So I just spoke with Nick over at Many of Loveland.
Speaker 1: Hannah, No, lilah, lilah. Okay, she called in yesterday. Oh just yeah, okay, yeah, okay.
Speaker 8: So I spoke with Nick and he said something pretty interesting about that car when it was towed in.
Speaker 1: Actually she called in before that. She called in yesterday with an update. Oh okay, yeah, yeah, she had called before I remember now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was assigned to me yesterday afternoon.
Speaker 8: So he said that when they opened up the car, they discovered a very heavy infestation.
Speaker 3: Of either rats or mice.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 8: And they haven't uncovered any bodies in there yet, but they expect to the He said that the infestation was so extreme that connectors on some of these components are glued together from the urine.
Speaker 1: What wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait, So what do they think rodents?
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're convinced.
Speaker 8: They're not sure if it's rats or mice, but they expect to find some bodies when they tear into this. So they ordered additional specialized PPE equipment for their technicians, and they think that they'll be able to complete the recall repair, perhaps as soon as the end of next week.
Speaker 1: But but but she's gonna have to pay for that other stuff.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 8: Well, he didn't say that they found any additional damage that must be repaired as a result of the rat infestation. But the recall repair will be done for free of course.
Speaker 1: All right, but she has other troubles. Kevin, Kevin, have you seen rodents cause a lot of electrically We get them every day, Okay, So why do rodents? How do you stop them?
Speaker 5: Well, there's a lot of products out there. I've heard dryer sheets, any kind of peppermint oils, all kinds of sense that rodents don't care for.
Speaker 1: Do they like the sheathing on the sheathing on it, and.
Speaker 5: They're building this with it like their twigs, so they'll accumulate those.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 1: Do they literally cut through wires?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, they is not right through it. Absolutely. The connector is even worse.
Speaker 1: It could cause thousands of dollars in damage.
Speaker 7: Yes.
Speaker 1: In fact, Kachina, can you get compass on because I'd like to ask. I'd like to ask Compass about something to do with comp about good I want to know if they if you had a massive electrical issue.
Speaker 5: We do work with insurance companies fixing cars with electrical.
Speaker 1: You do, yes, because of rodents. Yes, I'd like to ask Compass Insurance about that comp coverage on rodents. And I'd also like to ask about something that happened to me. I walked out of the gym yesterday to a nice gash in the front of my beamer and no one left a note or side or something something. I mean, it's giant. I mean it's terrible. Now it's going to cost thousands of dollars. I'm so sick and tired of it. This is the second time this has happened to me, the second, but this time I went in and said, look, I see cameras all over this parking lot. There's one right across from my car, right straight on. And they a absolutely. They said, we'll purchase We'll we'll get the video and we'll get the timer. We know who checks in, who checks out, they have their vehicle. We're going to be able to see it. Wow, now they haven't gotten back to me, but they said they would, so I'm going to try to pursue that. But I also wanted to know about insurance coverage on that. Is that collision or is that comp What is that? I say, I want to ask Brian about that, and I want to know if it counts against me, because I'm tired of paying I don't put in a lot of claims. Yeah.
Speaker 19: You know, if you take a full of advice and get a dash cam, the dash cam.
Speaker 1: Will not when I'm not in the car rights not running.
Speaker 19: No, no, no, The dash cams now will photo. They activate it, and they will activate if the car gets hit.
Speaker 3: That's one of the great things about them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I wonder what No. I know you're saying, but I don't know if I would be able to see what vehicle if it hit me on the front left like.
Speaker 5: The Tesla with the Century mode their doc.
Speaker 19: Yeah, but but dash camp you can do that. Yeah, if if the car is parked and it gets hit, it will take a video of whoever hit you.
Speaker 1: It would have to be triggered by some kind of motion or sensor.
Speaker 20: It's triggered by the fact that you got hit.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but it may be too late to get a picture.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, In fact it is not next time. So yeah, but it's a dash cam, so you hope that they drive in front of you where you can see the license plate or something.
Speaker 19: Well, it's better than nothing, isn't it?
Speaker 1: Right? Of course it is next time, full is on.
Speaker 19: Ask him about it.
Speaker 1: God, I'm so pissed off. You know. I just had another scuff literally that happened the same way. Not at the gym, this was somewhere else. This was at King Supers. People are so rude and I mean to do that and not even I backed into someone once a while ago, and I left a note, sure, and I took him to the I said, you know what, whatever it is, I'm going to get it fixed. And they were so happy that I did that. But I didn't put an a claim for that. But I'm so tired of painting out of my pocketing.
Speaker 5: Parking, the handicaffs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm wondering though. And by the way, I took a picture of how I was parked right, But I go I always go right between the lines. I don't cram people, I don't piss off. But man, this was a bad gap. This is going to be from the looks of it, five grand.
Speaker 5: And they'll probably keep it for a month.
Speaker 1: God, I can't believe it with a rental car. But I'm going after whoever did it. I was parked. I saw I was parked. Next to me was a big like Dodge truck or something black, and it's black all over my car, So I think he did it. It's such a big truck. He was probably pulling out and turned.
Speaker 5: And didn't notice it wasn't paying attention anyway.
Speaker 1: So I want to get compass on and ask him about different coverages, especially for rodents. Then I want to go back to Drew and what else do you have other than the Mini Cooper. They're going to fix the They're going to fix the recall, but she has rodent problems? What else anything else on that?
Speaker 8: Well, you know, I'm still waiting to get some some kind of documentation from that yacht club, but that's going to be a very long.
Speaker 3: Term for me.
Speaker 1: I want to I want to recall that and then bo and dollar and doc. If you have any follows, let me know right after this. I'm Tom Martino three oh three seven one three talks seven one three A two five five we got more coming right up. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Wait time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five y five. I'll go back to dre in a minute. Here, Drew, just hang on. Brian Burns, Compass Insurance Group. Brian, I don't know if you got my text the other day, but but I sent you a text about what happened to me at the gym. I came out and.
Speaker 21: Saw a big gas You said it last night, yeah, yeah yeah, And I said you didn't have to answer, right, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, And I said, upon leaving the gym, I saw a big gash in the front of my car, the.
Speaker 1: Left and uh, and they're they're getting me the video and all that, and I might do an investigation, but let's just say I don't find the guy or something or nothing is evident. What kind of is that a collision claim? Or because I didn't collide with anything, is that a comprehensive claim? What kind of claim is that? If I should put in a claim.
Speaker 22: It's collision. It's even though you didn't climb with something, something collided with you.
Speaker 1: Now if I wasn't even in the car and it's parked, is that charged against me?
Speaker 22: It's not its fault claim. So it shows up de violet, but it's not something they can surcharge you for.
Speaker 1: And and depending on the deductible, whether it's worth it or not. I got to deductible, but okay, yeah you can, Yeah you can let me know what my deductible is later. But I'm tired of paying, Brian. I have done so many repairs from people doing crap like that. I mean, this happened to me once before, and I think little things, not big. There were no collisions. Everything happened when I wasn't in the car, and I think that that, you know, I've never like you said you were joking. I don't use my insurance because I figure if it's a few grand, it's not worth it. Because even not at fault, if you have too many of them, you're gonna get non renewed.
Speaker 22: Right, I only could be non renewed, but if we had to move you to another carrier, depending on the company, they can underwrite against not at fall claims, but they still in Colorado can't surcharge you. I know that seems like, yeah, I know you're sensing words, but they can't searcharge you, but they can say they don't want to take it.
Speaker 1: Okay, Next question, what about rodent damage under the hood on electrical Kevin sometimes says people have thousands of dollars worth of damage. Is that an insurance claim? To begin with?
Speaker 22: Most insurance policies have coverage for animals damage including a rodent underneath comprehensive. It's also called other than collision. So they would just need to make sure they look at their policy. If there's an it would have to be excluded. So you just go to exclusions underneath that comprehensive or other than collision and see if there's any kind of exclusion on their policy.
Speaker 1: And that subject to a deductible too. Comp is yes, yep, it is so comp and collision are subject to your deductibles. Do people have different deductibles for comp and collision or are they usually the same?
Speaker 22: I would say most of the time they're the same, but sometimes people carry a higher deductible on one over the other. So but yeah, most of the time you'll see those those being the same. And of course, as you know, the liability, if you have a liability clim there is no deductible physical damage claims.
Speaker 1: All right, Thank you, Brian Burns the Insurance Health Center dot com Compass Insurance, by the way, that's where you go for your insurance check up. Three h three nine nine six nine thousand. Appreciate that. And uh. Debra has a question on section eight. Go ahead, Deborah, what is your question?
Speaker 17: Yes, I did have a question about Section eight. I've never done it before. I would be I own an apartment that that's in Denver County. Yeah, and I we're just wondering left the pros and con Now.
Speaker 1: You so you're thinking about now when you say an apartment, do you own a complex or one condo.
Speaker 17: Or what it's one condo in a building of about twenty two units.
Speaker 1: Okay, but you own it. Okay, can you rent out one unit?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 1: If here's what it's contingent on. The whole building has to be approved. Mean that doesn't mean they have to accept Section eight in the whole building, but it has to be it has to pass certain inspecs sections the whole building, Like, for example, if it didn't have adequate fire protection or adequate fire escape routes, it would it would nix you from having a Section eight in that building. So okay, So you can have a Section eight for your unit that you own. If the building is up to HUD standards. Now, then your unit has to be up to HUD standards. At least that's the way it used to be. With a single family home. The same thing. It has to pass certain inspections, certain guidelines. They're not very strict, but they have a lot of weird ones with the egress, mostly that they want to make sure it's safe and habitable. Then once you do it, here's the way it is with Section eight. You can take Section eight. You'll be on a list and someone will come to you with a voucher and they'll say I'm eligible and i'd like to rent it. They will pay their portion to you and you'll accept the rest of it from Section eight. Okay, if the other person doesn't pay that their share, or if they do damages, or if you want to evict them, you have just you can do that. But you do it, you have to. They want to make sure you're not getting rid of them for a bad reason, so it adds a little layer of hassle for eviction, right, But there's some good news there if you evict someone on section eight years ago. I did it because she literally destroyed the place and I had a Section eight rental at one time, and actually it wasn't Section eight. They asked if I would be Section eight for them, and I got to prove for them because I knew them, and anyway, when they left it damaged, Section eight actually helped me collect because that person could not get another voucher without paying me back. So there's good and there's bad, and the bad is not really bad, but it's kind of you got to jump through a few hope hoops.
Speaker 19: Hey, Tom, does it have to be a DA compliant Yes?
Speaker 1: Or reasonably so? I don't remember exactly. Because of the deal you know. It's a good question. How I don't know. I don't know that. I assume yes, because HUD is all about a DA.
Speaker 17: Yeah, I mean it hesteres into the building and it doesn't have it does have a it does have a elevator. It's just a two story building, yes, with the basement. I guess it's two stories in a basement. That's certainly no ramps or anything like that.
Speaker 1: You have to call your housing authority. Okay, who's in Denver? Is it in Denver? Go to Denver housing dot org and then ask for a section eight packet and and then here's what the requirements are. I looked them up. Safe electrical plumbing and heating, no health stand hazards, no lead paint, mold or vermin, Proper working windows, doors, locks, and fire exit. It's just what I said. Your property will be inspected by the housing authority. Then you don't. You can't set rent where you want it. You can, but it has to go with the area what's called fair market value you because here's what they don't want to do. Since people, let's say some people they get a seventy five subsidy, they only have to pay twenty five percent they don't want you making it artificially high because someone can afford it. So even though you know they're going to only pay twenty five percent, they don't want you charging you know, four grand, and they have to pay a thousand if the place is only worth two grand. Okay, So they get to determine that. You get to set your rent. You can set it for whatever you want, but Section eight will only pay their portion of the reasonable amount and you can't collect the rest from them. So in essence, they're setting your rent okay. And you have to have obviously all the other stuff, proof of ownership and all of that, and you have to have everything in writing, so you have to have a lease agreement in writing that they approve. So why are you thinking of going Section eight? Do you want to help people? Yes, that's it.
Speaker 17: I'd like to get the apartment rented. It's been empty for a few months now.
Speaker 1: And now I don't understand why I heard it was. I heard it was a landlord's market. Why are you having trouble renting it?
Speaker 17: I have no idea. I've shown it, and what part of town is it in? It's in du It's it's oh.
Speaker 1: Come on and what it's a Is it a condo in du Yes?
Speaker 17: Yeah?
Speaker 1: How many square feet? How many square feet?
Speaker 12: About nine hundred nine bath.
Speaker 1: One bedroom, one bath? Is it in good condition? Oh? Two bedroom, one bedroom condition? Okay? And how much were you asking?
Speaker 17: Sixteen fifty?
Speaker 1: That is that is right there? In fact, that's a great deal. And does it have parking?
Speaker 17: It has one space?
Speaker 1: Come on, that is a good deal. Are you sure you're not? What do you think is going on with it? I have no idea.
Speaker 17: I have it listed with a leasing agent and I get a lot of traction, but just no one will pull the trigger on on selling out a lease.
Speaker 1: Two bedroom apartments are going for twenty two more?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Do you I know it?
Speaker 9: I know it.
Speaker 1: I wonder I wonder if there's something wrong with it? Dy Well, you're a leasing agent, will tell you. Is it a good lease? Good leasing agent?
Speaker 17: Yeah, it's a beautiful building. It's very well maintained. There are a lot of as I said, twenty two apartments, and I think there are may be three or four that are empty, including mine.
Speaker 5: Most boys.
Speaker 1: Okay, listen, what about pets? Are pets allowed? Are pets allowed?
Speaker 3: One cat?
Speaker 17: One cat?
Speaker 7: No dogs?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 17: In the whole building.
Speaker 1: No, no, but you you would allow only one.
Speaker 17: Can that is correct and the building is no dogs the entire building.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, I I don't know. I don't I don't think that's a big issue. Listen, leave your number, and I'm gonna tell you why. I'll bet you people listening are thinking, Wow, I'm gonna call her. Three three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. We have more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance. Paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi, Tom Martino, you're troubleshooter three all three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five. All right, So let's go to the phones and again, Uh, I need to take these callers, so please bear with me. Drew, Joe's got to comment on rodents in cars. Uh, go ahead, Joe, what is your comment?
Speaker 7: Hey, Tom?
Speaker 14: Yes, sir, your wife went through My wife went through the same thing. Uh where we had some rodents just go in and chew up some.
Speaker 16: Wiring and stuff interpose. Yes, we ended up we ended.
Speaker 14: Up getting the insurance to pay for the for the repairs.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah, that's what our guy was saying, you can do that. What was your deductible on it?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 14: I think we had zero deductible on.
Speaker 1: That on Really how much did the repair cost?
Speaker 14: It was five hundred five or six hundreds not too Yeah, they chewed up the wires twice and.
Speaker 1: You didn't get surcharged for that, right, five or six hundred bucks? Okay, No, yeah, I don't see how they could. Okay, yeah, yeah, our guy did say that road that that's comprehensive coverage. It would be covered.
Speaker 22: Yeah.
Speaker 14: Yeah, And I didn't know that. I just took a chance and that called my insurance company and they said, yeah, we cover it.
Speaker 1: So I said, okay, that's that's really good. I'm glad to hear that. Thank you very much. Zero three seven one three eight two five five. Greg, what about your Toyota? What's going on?
Speaker 16: Got a quick story for you guys, And then a question.
Speaker 1: You have a tundra, right?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 16: And in two thousand and one I about an F one fifty. And in twenty fourteen I gave it to my neighbor for his grandson to drive. It had three hundred and thirty thousand miles on it. I ran into him a little while ago, a month ago, and he's still driving that truck with the original engine and transmission.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, Wait a minute, Wait a minute. How many miles?
Speaker 16: When I got rid of it in fourteen, it had three hundred and thirty thousand miles on it?
Speaker 1: Oh wait, in two thousand and thirteen.
Speaker 16: Fourteen, Oh my, oh my, the she had is still driving that truck to this day with the original engine and transmission.
Speaker 1: How many I wonder how many miles he has on it? He's put that that's ten years.
Speaker 16: Ago he's got Yeah, he's got over a half million miles on it.
Speaker 1: Wow? Oh man? And and do you have only two hundred rand?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 16: All I can say is fluid fluid fluid you gotta change.
Speaker 5: It's not magic, is it?
Speaker 3: Is it the old square body f one fifty?
Speaker 7: No, it was. It was a more rounded one.
Speaker 3: Okay, solid solid truck.
Speaker 16: But anyway, I got a twenty three toundri got thirty miles on it when the engine quit.
Speaker 7: It was just.
Speaker 16: Outside of that recall that Toyota's got. So they didn't do it long block. They did a short block. Is there anything I should watch out for or look for?
Speaker 5: Not really, No, I mean it's as long AS's done right, and I imagine they know what they're doing with them. So yeah, I wouldn't like concern with it.
Speaker 16: Yeah, okay, gosh, you know I didn't have that many miles on it, but putting you know, the new block with the original heads on it, I didn't know if that were.
Speaker 1: Now listen, did you have that from new?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Now, so that must have really disappointed you after having this f one fifty. Yeah, I mean, really think about it. How many miles were on that Toyota twenty thirty? You must that to you that's just barely broken in man?
Speaker 16: Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Did you have that f one fifty that you gave away with three hundred and fifty thous on it. Did you have that from new? I bought a brand new What year was it? Well one oh one and it's still on the road with a half a million miles.
Speaker 7: Yeah, sure, Yeah.
Speaker 5: The biggest concern I would have whether short block is just leaked, you know, because you have the technician doing all the gaskets as opposed to you know, assembly life. So that would be the only concern.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you. Yeah, he said fluids, fluids, fluids, and he means it, and that's truly what it is. Miles. What is your question on health insurance?
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's kind of a question on open enrollment. Yes, yes, so I need to get a knee replacement done. I have it scheduled for November twenty second, and I was thinking about pushing it off until the next year. But I don't know with open enrollment, since I am you have to get a kne replacement, if I would be able to get insurance and oh.
Speaker 1: You mean if you switched, would they consider the pre existing condition.
Speaker 7: Right? Or or if I keep my same policy, which I don't mind doing, what it would they deny me?
Speaker 1: Why would they deny you with the same with the same policy, I can't see them denying you. This is regular health insurance. We're not talking about Medicare or a supplement.
Speaker 7: Right, No, this is regular health insurance.
Speaker 1: All right, hold on and let's get We'll get our expert on real quick from Compass Insurance Group. Okay, Katschina, let's get see if Brian can come right back on. Three zero three seven one three eight two five five. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until your tent wait time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martina, your troubleshooter three all three seven one three talk three all three seven one three eight two five five. So that question on health insurance, we're waiting for Integra insurance, I said, Compass. I meant Integra, Paul, you got to comment on rodents. Go ahead, Paul.
Speaker 10: Years ago, I had a sport Ranger pickup and the apparently got head rodents go in and chew up my wiring and two beam and said I would park it out in the driveway even though we had a double car garage, because my wife had one stall and I had too much chunk in the garage, you know to put it in. Yeah, twice I had to bring it in well three hundred and fifty dollars back then. So what I did. I make sure I got the reason the other half the garage, so I park it in the garage. I think this happened over a couple of rainy days when they you know, wanted.
Speaker 1: To Yeah, but a lot of them get into garages. I mean, garages aren't always a fail safe.
Speaker 10: Well, my garage door is really tight now, I got a new one. But then might will get mice.
Speaker 20: Or anything in there.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 10: But the thing is what I did then is I filled a small can with moth balls and poke tooles in it and strapped it in their compartments. And I believe that was a good deterrent.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it can be, but I think something else could too, and you put up just basically bait outside of the engine, so they're attracted to that instead of the wires.
Speaker 7: Huh.
Speaker 1: But anyway, thanks for the call, appreciate it. Okay. Now I want to go back to Drew real quick here Drew, and then we're working on miles on the health. Hey Drew, I got to ask you something, okay, and then we have to go to a break. But we do want to try to help you. Let me let me ask you. Go ahead, go fun for me. Yeah, that's what I want to give. I want to if you have a go fund me, I want to see what it is and we'll put out the word. Okay, what is it? Where do what do they look for? Do you have a link to it?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 18: Well the title is help Space seven seven deer Dash old Space, Drew Space, Bradford Space stay.
Speaker 1: House Help seventy seven year old or year year help seventy seven year Drew Bradford Stay Housed.
Speaker 18: Your old true Bradford Stay House year A librarian set up a link if you want me.
Speaker 1: To read it now that we can search this stay housed, I think we can find it. But hold on, I want to ask a question this suv that was parked. Go with a sure thing Denver's best Ruffer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 2: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 1: Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two Rift.
Speaker 21: News.
Speaker 1: Need advice?
Speaker 3: Who you don't have?
Speaker 4: Come running just as as as you can. Shooter's gonna help coming man.
Speaker 1: This is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martine, Hi, Tom Martino here, Welcome to this show. Three O three seven one three talk three old three seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 7: Hey.
Speaker 1: I don't know where Drew went, but I'm gonna go to uh Integra anyway. But I wanted to give out that go fund me for him, and you erased it, Kelly, so I got to try to find it again. Anyway, Kelly, if you did that, you can put it back by hitting control Z. Anyway, Miles, you had a question on health insurance you wanted to know, and I'm going to ask John Jones Junior the same thing with Integra insurance. There are health insurance experts. So John, when you go to open enrollment and let's say we need surgery and we switch companies, do they look at pre existing conditions during open enrollment?
Speaker 23: No, sir, So if I mean in all these plans are if you are you talking about through group, individual and it really doesn't matter as long as they're ACA qualified comprehensive major medical health insurance plans.
Speaker 1: So if they're the approved of plans, the Affordable Care Act plan, they can't ding you for pre existing conditions.
Speaker 23: Yeah, so as long as you're not on like a MECH plan minimum essential coverage, I mean, the vast majority of the plans that anyone would be on, whether it's through their health insurance NASA, through their company for a group plan that's offered by their employers, or whether it's on the individual market like through Connectoral Colorado or an ACA qualified plan direct with the health insurance company previousin conditions don't they're in. Yeah, they don't matter.
Speaker 7: You're Okay, the issue.
Speaker 1: And coverage now if you did not. Okay, So Miles, he's saying that during open enrollment, whether you stay with your company or go to another company and you need surgery, can they make the argument he should have had the surgery earlier and now we're getting stuck with it.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 23: I mean, if anytime you're going to have surgery with any health insurance carrier, though you your doctor's going to there's a prior authorization process and the doctor would go through that process with the insurance company just to make sure that that surgery is necessary.
Speaker 7: And so I mean, just be aware of that.
Speaker 23: But I mean, if it's a medically necessary surgery and need, then there shouldn't be an issue.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, so it's Miles. Any questions for John Jones Junior with Integra Insurance.
Speaker 7: Yeah, because I'm thinking about waiting until the beginning of next year. I need to have a knee replacement. They haven't gotten authorization yet, but they do have a date in tentatively schedule for my surgery and I was concerned that if I didn't do it in this calendar year that they could deny me. But it sounds like they can't.
Speaker 1: No, sir, Now, Miles, Miles, Miles, why would you wait? I'm curious.
Speaker 7: Well, a couple of reasons. When when is work? I'm self employed, I've got a lot of work and I got to be off for two months and I'm trying to build a net egg. The other is that my deductible is eight thousand dollars, and if I do that at the beginning of the year, it's going to be it's gonna be more than eight thousand dollars. Then for the rest of the year everything is covered one hundred percent, whereas right now it's after my seventeen hundred dollars deductible that is covered as seventy percent until I've reached my max out of pocket which is eight thousand dollars, which I imagine the surgery is going to put me into that bracket. Does that make sense?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it does, I guess John, there's nothing wrong with that strategy right.
Speaker 23: Well, no, I mean, if the insurance company is going to pay for it either way, I don't know that they care whether it's in November or it's in January. Yeah, we'll have clients to stay on Medicare for or they're going to be going on Medicare. I'm gonna wait to do this until you go on Medicare in a couple of months, right, I mean sure, if it's like, as long as it's the medically necessary, as long as it's you get prior authorization for that surgery, then right, you won't you won't have any issues, all right?
Speaker 7: Right, appreciate just a circus. But by eight thousand dollars would we go back to zero? If I gotta done this year on January first? That my deductible?
Speaker 23: Yeah, so correct, I understand that way.
Speaker 1: I'm thinking absolutely, Yeah, you want that you want that copay to go towards something useful as opposed to just being yes.
Speaker 23: Right, well in maximize maximizing the amount of the time that you have deductible and max out of pocket eight four and hit.
Speaker 7: Right what you're saying, Okay, yeah, yeah exactly, and.
Speaker 1: Make sure you get the right insurance too, and always I'm serious. I would check with Integrainsurance dot com or John and his team at three h three four six six fifty five hundred. They are great people. Thank you, John, appreciate it now, Miles, thank you for calling. We have more coming up. Let well, actually let me just keep going for out. Deputy Bow has a aw some follow ups. So Deputy Bow, what's going on?
Speaker 20: Yes, Tom, this is Thomas Kidwill that called in on ten seven.
Speaker 1: He called about his BMW three point thirty I and twenty twenty he ordered it. He said it was supposed to he specified on his by order regular tires, but got run flats instead. And I know I sympathize with them. I hate run flats and I won't have them. But tell me about it.
Speaker 20: Well, the issue is here. He put twelve thousand miles on the run flats, and he said he's been trying to communicate with them. Apparently they did order the car in with the incorrect tires, but I think he probably should have tried to let him know.
Speaker 1: I don't know what had happened, but he didn't know.
Speaker 20: Well, he tried to get the dealership to do something about the run flats. But it's been over a year and the car has twelve thousand miles on it. The tires had two thousand miles. But I called the salesmanager.
Speaker 1: What do they wait wait with? So they're saying they can't. They would have changed him out right away, and they wouldn't have been lost. I think they would have.
Speaker 20: I don't know why it took so long to get someatch.
Speaker 1: In on him. I think he told me that he didn't realize he had it. He excuse me, he didn't realize he had run flats.
Speaker 20: Now that I don't know, but I will tell you this he I did call the sales manager over at shomp BMW. I left several messages. I just thought. I left the message stating if they could just do some kind of a negotiation with the guide because he already has twelve thousand miles on the tires. So they did reach out to him this morning and offered to put on four standard tires for their cost of six hundred and fifty dollars. So they're basically, wait a minute, wait a minute, Wait a minute, Wait a minute, wait a minute.
Speaker 1: There's no way they're lying. There's no way that four tires at their cost is six hundred dollars, come.
Speaker 20: Mix one hundred and fifty dollars for four tires.
Speaker 1: What do you think does that sound?
Speaker 20: I'll read a tire expert, but I'm sure of BMW tires quite a bit. Thomas, the caller mentioned that the tires. It's at eight hundred and fifty dollars value for the four tires.
Speaker 1: Okay, but he's somewhere.
Speaker 5: He's happy.
Speaker 1: Wait, eight hundred and fifty for all four, that's what he says.
Speaker 20: They're giving them a discount for six fifty. Where do you think Kevin.
Speaker 1: Kevin's not here right now. I think I think that, Well, that.
Speaker 20: Guy's happy he's getting in his regular tires.
Speaker 1: But he said this, I did a good job. I mean he did wait a long time. I mean he put twelve grand on him and those tires are only going to last twenty four.
Speaker 20: Yeah, I just think he should have got on are That's the problem from the get go.
Speaker 1: Okay, I just think I don't know. It's not worth a danger.
Speaker 20: I can tell you that.
Speaker 3: But there's a resident it is.
Speaker 1: But here's the thing, I don't know why. I don't know if he said he just discovered it, and if he did, that's their problem. No, he didn't.
Speaker 20: I don't think so. I think he knew about it. There's just some communication. They weren't dealing with him. I just don't know. But after we made a few phone calls, they did reach out.
Speaker 5: Good Thomas.
Speaker 20: They make a resolution.
Speaker 1: Good after, I mean, that's good, thank you for that. Anything else going.
Speaker 20: On, just working a few other cases, but no good resolution yet.
Speaker 1: Let's talk to deputy. Oh no, I'm sorry, that's another deputy here. He's not here. So we'll take a break and then get these other updates on the Mini. Well, no, the Mini, I think we did have already. They said they were going to get those repairs done and get her get get the car back to her, but it did have significant rodent damage. I believe I think we had that follow up already. Three three seven one three talks seven one three A two five five Frank drand the real estate Man will give you a free market evaluation of your home to see what it will sell for using his system. Now, Frank is a great guy. He will get he sells for more money and quicker than anyone in the market. And he'll give you an analysis to see what you'll get for your home free of charge. He'll go through all of the factors of the market, including supply and demand, interest rates, comps three oh three nine to zero sixteen twenty two. Franc Duran the real estate man dot com go with a sure thing. Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, you're troubleshooter three all three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. Welcome to the show. Let's go uh hold on oo, no, no, I want to do that here Here I am. I'm going on wide shot here and talk to Kevin so on the We had one other question for you, Kevinn. You can find it here. I got to find the text. They want to know about the UH at the front end when you were talking about a transfer case that's part of the transmission or separate.
Speaker 5: They want to No, the transactual transmission is all in one, so it's it's transmission. Front end is one and transfer case is attached to the transmission.
Speaker 1: And when you do the transmission, you automatically do the transfer. So when you gave that, not necessarily No, okay, that's what they want.
Speaker 5: It's a separate component.
Speaker 1: So when somebody quotes you a transmission, it doesn't always include the transfer.
Speaker 5: Some are separate, some are not.
Speaker 1: Oh, yes, it depends on the car. Depends on the car, like.
Speaker 5: A full time four wheel, part time four wheel, all kinds of different options. Yes, some of them have a separate transfer case.
Speaker 1: But when you have a transmission go out, wouldn't that be a good indication that the transfer case needs to.
Speaker 5: Be Yes, yes, and and a lot of times we try to, you know, make that point while you're there, But a lot of times there's not a big advantage either. So if the transfer case is still good and you get another year out of it, only costs a couple hundred bucks extra to pull it out when it does go out, you know what I mean. Yeah, it's not like it's going to be another twelve thirteen, you know, four or five thousand dollars more. They come off real easy.
Speaker 1: Hey, Kachina, do you recall whatever happens? Somebody's asking what happened with this case? Deputies if you remember, and keV, I'll run it by you. This guy bought a sixty five Carmen Gia two years ago for six grand. He and his dad and took it to Advanced Automotive alex Is. The owner in North Glenn paid the guy ten grand for an engine swap. Now the guy says it's going to take another fifty thousand dollars to complete. Now, now that almost sounds.
Speaker 5: Impossible, insane, Yes, it is.
Speaker 1: So, Kachina, what did we do with that? Guys? Did did we assign this to anyone?
Speaker 6: So basically what the outcome of that was is that she's going to go back to the dealership to see because they offered her a soup brew in Presa, I believe as an exchange. So they were going to pursue that route and we did not.
Speaker 1: But how did it go from ten grand to fifty thousand?
Speaker 6: Because they're well it already, you know, being a nineteen sixty five car had many crop valadies already. Uh So the people tried to fix it and it's actually it's not advanced automotive, it's actually accurate automation. Sorry, no, that's okay, because accurate She kind of said advanced, you know, on the air, but she meant accurate.
Speaker 1: So but the ten grand they put in that they don't get back, that's it.
Speaker 6: Well, that's why they're trying to work with them to do the sap, the swap with the Subaru, if that makes sense. Yeah, so he's not going to get the Karmi Ghia, but they're probably going to get the Suparo Impresent out of it. And we did not assign it to a deputy.
Speaker 1: No, you were taking care of okay, thank you. So I want to just update that. So so for those for the guy that wanted to know this, I guess the dealer or the the mechanic is trying to work out a swap. I wonder what he's going to do.
Speaker 5: With the carmen Ghia though, I mean, those are pretty cool body stuff.
Speaker 1: Carmen Ghia is a nice car. It looks a lot like I had a Carmen Gia, an orange one back then in the in the probably in the sixties. It might have been a seventy. But here's the other one I had not had but loved. Does anyone remember the little Volvo sports car, the two seater sports car, Now, those were pretty cool.
Speaker 8: That's also currently the high mileage record holder at three million miles.
Speaker 3: What is that car?
Speaker 8: I'll pull up an article for Volvo, that little Volvo you were talking about. Yeah, yeah, there's a guy that's been driving at about one thousand miles per weekend since he brand new.
Speaker 1: Okay, now listen, speaking of cars, does anyone remember now these are cars that were really on the road. One of the ugliest cars of all time, in my opinion, the Citron. Does anyone remember the Citron?
Speaker 5: It was an air suspension because when you shut it off, it'll sink down.
Speaker 19: And yeah, gall used to love to run around in one. Who did the goal used to love to run around into Citron.
Speaker 1: Man, it was the ugliest car I think I've ever seen that. It's Citron, right, Okay, So Drew's back, Drew. I looked at your GoFundMe page and it says, yeah, I'm not sure this is the best pitch you have on the page. I'd love to offer you a different way of writing it. I see that you don't have any money yet, and it says I am being harmed by Kamala Harris. She allowing me to be evicted a poor seventy seven year old good samaritan who has helped minority children and people while she gives free rent to illegal aliens. I am a disabled, good person in need of help. Kamala has put many African American men in jail for pot while she smoked. See this is not about you, bro, this is not very good.
Speaker 18: She has the best smile, Tom, I don't for the computer her cell phone to battering Dine on his phone is going to die again. If you want me to correct the end, I will.
Speaker 1: It's not a correction, it's an appeal. You're not making the right appeal. It's all about Kamala Harris. She has the best smile and the worst heart. Please mail her phone to save me from eviction. Under Kamala, ninety eight percent of my savings are gone. Prayer for us all, Please phone or write. Drew Bradford Extended Stay America. Now where were you before Extended Stay?
Speaker 18: I was in an apartment in New Providence, and I had affordable apartment for twenty five years in Badminster. But to Judge threw everybody out.
Speaker 1: Listen, true, I really honest to God, man, I don't want you to end up homeless. Do you have social Are you on Social Security?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 18: Disability?
Speaker 1: How much do you get a month?
Speaker 18: I get much about thirteen hundred dollars a month.
Speaker 1: Well, how can you live in New Jersey for thirteen hundred bucks a month?
Speaker 18: I can't. That's the point. I'm crippled. I chant at a job. I will change. I'll have the librarian. Because I don't have a computer. I don't know how to do it.
Speaker 1: So do me a favor, Drew. I think you know me long enough, and I'm saying this publicly on the air. I want you to give have the librarian contact me Kaschina. You can give Drew my private my private email, and have her give me your username and password, and I will go in and change this for you. If she's not comfortable with that, tell her. You know me, I'm not going to take I don't want to do anything except help you make a better appeal.
Speaker 18: Thank you.
Speaker 7: You and I did a.
Speaker 18: Lot of good together.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I just hope. I just hope that you truly all joking aside. You've been calling in for years on different problems, and in fact my audience knows you, and they they kind of make good hearted fun about you, know all the problems that all the battles that you've taken on in the past.
Speaker 18: But I will say I believe under God we're supposed to help people, and so I protected minorities and Patterson children.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Have you ever thought of moving to a more reasonable place to live for expense wise?
Speaker 18: Yes, if this case, which is supposed to come myself in a couple of years, but I'll be in the street by them if it prevails. I'm thinking of moving further to the country because Jersey's very expensive.
Speaker 1: Yes, I want to ask another question here about your attorney. I want one of my deputies to get a name, the name of the attorney and check with him on the real, real, honest to God, realistic. I really want to know about this attorney if he's really working on something for you. Can you give attorney.
Speaker 18: My phone is gonna die, Okay, I don't do.
Speaker 1: Me a favor. Do me a favor, Kachina, Get his cell phone number, please, I'm gonna have a D call him and get the name of his attorney. In that we're gonna call you later when your phone is charged. Get his phone number right now before it dies, and D let's just talk to his attorney. I want to see they're pursuing that personal injury claim and figure out what's going on there. And then what else we'll do is uh get an you know, give her my email address. I want to log into your go fundme and make a decent appeal. That's a very bitter appeal. It's talking about Kamala Harris. You're blaming her for everything it has little or nothing to do with her. At this point, you really need to uh you're I know you're bitter and upset, but you just need to move past that. We just need to get some basic help for you. Threeo three seven one three eight two five five Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 2: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 1: Time for an insurance check up, free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi, Tom Martino here. All right, so we have.
Speaker 10: Of the America.
Speaker 1: We have Mark. Do you want me to mute that? Okay, let me mute that. I'm gonna wait for Trump to come up. Hold on, let me mute it. Okay. They are at the rally. If you go on our YouTube feed you'll see it. And god, well, I mean, I cannot believe the people that turned out for this, and I have I have her. They okay, yeah, she's muted right now. Now here's the deal. When he comes out, I might have muted. I don't know if we can hear it though. The audio is pretty bad. But he's about to come out any second here, and they're they're like halfway They're not in the front, but they're not in the back either. They're kind of halfway through this room or maybe in the first quarter of the room. And it's they're at the at the hotel and man, this I didn't realize what a giant meeting room they have. So welcome. I'm Tom Martine, still taking your calls and trying to help people. Meanwhile, about that Drew situation, we are contacting his attorney to see if he's really pursuing this personal injury case and to see if we can help speed that along or see what's going on meanwhile this rally. Uh oh, now the video froze up. Maybe they had to leave. I don't know. Yeah, okay, well Trump is walking out too, just when they when that happened. So oh no, it's they're back up again. Hold on, hold on, I thought he was walking out anyway. So Mark is live. Mark and Sues are live at the rally, the Trump rally, and he should be coming out any minute. But I don't think we're gonna be able to hear him on this connection. It just the connection. Let me hear, let me I can unmute it. But it's not it's not very good. I don't think as far as the sound quality, that's the one problem we have. Okay, So anyway, yeah, see you can't really hear. That's because they're so far away, I think. But anyway, anyway, that's it. You can watch it on YouTube. I'll leave it up there just in case he comes out, and I'll mute the sound though, because anyway, there we go. I'm Tom Martinez three h three seven one three talks seven to one three. Oh, there he is. He's there he is. Now people are going crazy. They're absolutely going crazy. Are they singing or something? I'm trying to figure out what that audio is. That's our big problem, is the audio anyway? So I gotta, I gotta so people you keep watching. I'm going to talk to Kevin with this text I have that came in and it says, here, why have we heard anything about the case in Colorado Springs with the guy that was dying in his car? Yeah, with Phil Long.
Speaker 5: With the mercy.
Speaker 1: We ought to check in with that attorney. I don't think we have time today, but thank you. You know Phil long Ford really it wasn't it not Ford but still long Mercedes or whatever. It was a phill Long dealership. Really put the screws to that guy. Tom.
Speaker 19: I was working with him and he says, Rihanna is working on it and he'll let me know if there are any updates.
Speaker 1: That's good, doc. Thank you. Yeah, because I know there's.
Speaker 5: The deal that they shouldn't have done. I mean that should be.
Speaker 1: They should undo the deal. It should be that simple. Actually, and somebody else wants to know about if Drew's a real character. Yes he is, actually he's been. It has to be thirty years he's been calling in because well, I'll tell you why. I was on in New York WABC as well as many other stations, and it was that long ago that he started listening and calling in. Yeah, and so he fell on hard times. But the guy's always had battles. He is a real person. And if you go on to go fund me now, it's really a terrible appeal. He hasn't raised a dollar. And the way you find him is just Google, not Google search within the GoFundMe dot com search Drew Bradford. If you want to put a face with his voice, his face is on there, Drew Bradford. We have more coming up. Go with a sure thing Denver's best rufer excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 2: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 1: Time for an insurance check up. No obligation in comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here three all three seven to one three talk. I have time for some calls, but if you don't get him in, that's okay because I have something to talk about here with Kevin, and I just wanted to bring up real quick here that Mark and sus are up at the rally. Leland conways up at the rally. He's going to be calling in. I think Ryan's uh does he have the helm right after me? Of course he.
Speaker 9: Was Leland.
Speaker 6: Yeah, three thirty three is Leland. And then Jimmy's send him singing Burger is at two thirty three.
Speaker 1: And then Dan, of course we'll have his show. Is Dan will be at the studio.
Speaker 6: Uh not quite sure yet he has going on, but we're okay.
Speaker 1: But in any case, they will be continuing coverage of the Trump rally. We were able. We were not able to bring much. We saw some video. It's very hard to get audio at this point. I think if we're going to do this as a reporting kind of thing and remote kind of thing, we're gonna have to hook up one of those USB mics to the iPhone, you know, or to the phone. I mean, that's really the best way to do it. Okay, So Kevin keeping cars alive, okay, And when we talked about that, we got a lot of interest. So this one person wants to know. I'm probably more than that. But somebody texted and said, so, basically, what you're saying is most rebuilt engines, trainees and transfer cases and stuff, we're going to be twenty grand for most cars. Yes, so you can basically resurrect a car for twenty grand if you find a car. I mean, the more I think about it, what else would you do?
Speaker 5: I mean, okay, well, the rest of it's gonna be small parts, hoses, radiator things of that thing, you know, one hundred bucks, two hundred bucks.
Speaker 1: But then what so if somebody wanted to know, compare that to what you can buy for twenty grand. Okay, So let's say you have twenty thousand dollars. Can you buy a car that would be better than taking a car and doing that?
Speaker 5: Well, if you buy it right, you can, sure, but I think the majority of them for twenty you're gonna have over a hundred.
Speaker 1: There, we're assuming you're going to have the car already, right, So you have the car already and you put twenty into it, and you don't put it in all at once, let's say over three to five years. And now you have relatively a new car. So if you have a car already that you can sell us, presuming it needs that much work, it's going to be worth what five or six grand? Yeah, you can have very little value, ok so six grand, So so you might have total value in this car. So so okay, of twenty six But what could you do if you didn't do that with the six grand? If you sold this car for parts or five grand, take that five grand, what could you buy for the same price of twenty to twenty five that because you're gonna buy used no matter what, sure, and it's gonna have miles on it gon miles, whereas the rebuilt tranny and the rebuilt engine will not.
Speaker 5: Have miles on that's the advantage.
Speaker 1: So you really can't buy for the same price a comparable car, but you can buy a new one, which would give you longer life in a way. I mean, it's brand new, but it's not. It's not like you have twenty to put down on a new car either, because this is assuming you're gonna spend three to five years that much money keeping a car a lot going. But it doesn't it doesn't preclude you from doing that. We used to say, don't put that much money in a car. But I'm truly rethinking this right now, in.
Speaker 5: The right situation. It's a great idea.
Speaker 1: I have a saying that math doesn't lie right, but I think it's really important that before you do that, the body's got to be in good shape, and everything else is minor, as you said, breaks and everything. I mean, if you want to be really stupid about this, let's say you have a car that needs an engine and transmission over the next three to five years. Engine and transmission and transfer case, so you do all that for twenty did we say about twenty, so now you got twenty into it, twenty five even let's say no, twenty twenty twenty is a good price. Now let's say other components, tires and all that. Let's be ridiculous. So let's say twenty five. For all these miscellaneous components, you in essence have a refurbished almost a new car for half for twenty for half of probably what it would retail. So do the math, and if you can do it for fifty percent in a three to five year period. Mathematically, it's not that bad. Okay, now, YouTubers, remember, I'm going to sign on a new feed and do an experiment with you guys, so stick around. I'm Tom Martino Peeble. Join me Monday, and remember, save all your problems for me.