Speaker 1: Todd Walker here in the studio. We're visiting with Kristen Guthrie from Visit Fort Wayne. As we turn the calendar to September, people get in the mood for fall and stuff like involving apples and pumpkins, huh?
Speaker 2: That's so true. And here in Fort Wayne, we've got some amazing fall festivals. The most famous is probably the Johnny Appleseed Festival. Of course, Johnny Appleseed moved his way through our region here and So we celebrate kind of that pioneer spirit and a lot of apple goodness in mid-September in Fort Wayne. So really encourage people to check that out. Also, in two weeks, the Grable Country Fair. Grable's a great Amish community, and they have a wonderful event there. Highly recommend that as well. And then the Keener Dairy Farm has grown year over year, and they now have a month full of Tons of fun for the kids. All the, you know, farm goodness you're looking for. And then they have an amazing restaurant with, you know, all the cheese and milk and all the dairy you can enjoy. That's a really great place at Keener Dairy. So lots of fall fun throughout the community. Fun things to check out this season.
Speaker 1: Absolutely. Another thing happening in Fort Wayne, September 13th, you have a thing called Be a Tourist in Your Own Hometown. What's going on with that?
Speaker 2: Yes. Yes, and we invite you guys to come on over. This is a really special day where 23 of the museums and attractions in Fort Wayne are open for free. Like you said, it's Sunday, September 13th from noon to 5. People can come and enjoy some amazing things. you know, places like the Botanical Conservatory, Science Central, totally for free. And then there's also really cool architecture places. You can go up to the roof of Trinity downtown or Electric Works campus, places you can't go any other day, up on stage at the embassy. It's a really cool opportunity to kind of see behind the scenes in Fort Wayne. So we highly recommend that people check that out.
Speaker 1: And we are starting to get into the Halloween time of year, and the Fort Wayne Zoo does it upright, I think.
Speaker 2: Oh, they do. Wild Zoo Halloween is so fun. You can dress up the kids and come check that out. That's a favorite event. And while you're here, the Botanical Conservatory does a pumpkin path as well. There's lots of fun fall and fright events going on we really recommend.
Speaker 1: Also, it's the season winding down for the Fort Wayne soccer team, right?
Speaker 2: Yes, yes. This is their first season in a new arena, a new stadium on the southwest side of Fort Wayne. It's an awesome place, and it's a really fun experience. So, you know, if people got a little taste of the World Cup this summer, you can come check out the Fort Wayne FC. They have several events through, several games through September and running through the fall, and so there's still time to enjoy that.
Speaker 1: Speaking of sports, we're moving to a different arena, professional bull riding coming to Fort Wayne.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is the first time. PBR will be here at the Memorial Coliseum, and they've been a great group. As we've talked to them, they're going to put on a great show, a really fun event there. So that's something you'll definitely want to check out. At the Embassy, Come From Away is in town. That is a traveling Broadway show. An awesome, real, true story, inspiring from 9-11, but heartwarming, beautiful music. It's an awesome, awesome show, and there's a few nights you can check that out. So some really special events to put on the calendar this September.
Speaker 1: And to go with everything else, just a preponderance of free outdoor concerts around Fort Wayne.
Speaker 2: Boy, you know, as I look at our calendar, it's just so many. I'm really enjoying that. So different wineries and vineyards have concerts every weekend for free. Our new Pearl District downtown is going to have a concert. They're all over town, always at the Clyde in the club room. Different free opportunities to catch live music, some great food and drink, and just a fun night out.
Speaker 1: And before you go to Fort Wayne to find deals and book a hotel and this kind of thing, get more info, go to visitfortwayne.com. Kristen Guthrie, thanks for joining us.
Speaker 2: Thank you.