Speaker 1: Graham Ross just had a good suggestion. He suggested, we've just pretend it's Friday and not show up tomorrow.
Speaker 2: So I all right, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I think some people would probably be upset.
Speaker 2: If everyone was willing to do it, then it would work out.
Speaker 3: But uh yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: That we're gonna get away with it. So but it's a good thought. Why am I not getting verification codes this morning?
Speaker 1: Really forgot about this? Let me try it again? Can you just work? Can you just friggin' there you go?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: I didn't know what was up with that.
Speaker 1: I was just reading about something this morning. I don't know if this is officially what people call it, but I thought it was. It was an interesting concept and really kind of a sign of our times. And I saw one guy refer to it as solution farming. Ross, you had never heard that term, and I just asked you, Russ doesn't even know what this is yet. So here's how this works. Let's say you have a conundrum, and I don't mean just mean you need a question answered, like who was you know what movie won Best Oscar in nineteen ninety or whatever, But I like, you have a fork in the road. You have a question in your life, something you're struggling with, whatever it may be, and you don't know what to do. Should I quit my job and start a new business. Should I ask the individual to marry me? Should should we have more kids?
Speaker 3: You know, it's in.
Speaker 1: Stuff, stuff that isn't just necessarily one right answer, but rather something that requires a whole lot of personal mental background and knowledge to know if that's the right decision or not.
Speaker 2: And it could be difficult.
Speaker 3: So, you know, one of the things that do well.
Speaker 1: Most guys will just internalize this stuff, never talk to anybody, and then figure out what they're going to do, which probably isn't healthy.
Speaker 2: But some people reach out.
Speaker 1: You ask a family member or friend, but no, no, no, no. So here's how.
Speaker 3: This work.
Speaker 1: Solution farming works. So if you have an issue, what you do is you figure out how to delineate it into a sentence. Right, I'm approaching forty and we haven't had any kids yet. Should we have some kids?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: Or whatever it is, And then you go to about seven or eight ais and ask them and then you just pick the answer that most closely aligns with what you want to do. Anyway, it's kind of like the it's kind of like the echo chamber way that we use media, where you know, people will surround them elves with news outlets that are likely to tell them what they already want to know or want to hear. Feels good, tells you, hey, now you're your thought process is probably probably on par here with what it should be, and everyone else is wrong.
Speaker 3: But it's like.
Speaker 2: Deluding big life decisions, big big things that have ultimate consequences. Right going back to that kid scenario. Now you're on the hook for.
Speaker 1: Eighteen plus years, eighteen years at least, bus everything that comes with it, and you're going to leave that up to an ai who's who a year ago was just as likely to tell you that all the Nazis were diverse women.
Speaker 3: What it's just so.
Speaker 1: I I'm having trouble trying to put it into word.
Speaker 2: It's just so lazy. It's just such a cop out.
Speaker 1: It's like the echo chamber of decisions you were already you were already gonna make.
Speaker 2: I mean, what's even the point there?
Speaker 1: Plus what happens if that thing's in what's that crazy mode that you can do with the grock?
Speaker 3: I keep you seeing people post.
Speaker 1: You can like flip it into uh insane person mode there's a phrase for it, but where it's really sassin and it just swears at you. Well, what if that thing's on and you just asked it whether you should, I don't know, quit your job and start a lemonade stand or whatever you're thinking.
Speaker 2: You think you're getting good advice from that thing.
Speaker 3: I don't know. Just it just.
Speaker 1: It screams uh, just lack of responsibility and critical thinking skills. But I saw people were there were a big conversation like yeah, no, that's what I do too. Yeah, And then they had some examples of things that clearly were not cutting dry Q and A, but rather very opinion in very situational, very what's going on in that individual's life?
Speaker 3: I mean, And you're like, oh, well, I'll let the AI weigh in. Are they using it just like as a tool to help them with their decision or are they just like taking whatever it says and.
Speaker 1: Go no no, it said people were literally some guy quit his job because the AI told him to. He was just like, aa, I made me realize that I really don't like this job. And it's like, bro, you don't have another job? And believe it or not, a lot of people don't like their job. So a simplistic AI may tell you know why, because an AI doesn't have to eat, right, it doesn't. The AI is not going to come home today and the AI's wife is going to be like, what did you do today, honey? And the AA is like, I quit my job because I just I don't like my boss. And you know, the AI's wife isn't going to flip out because now how you're gonna pay your mortgage? But I also I think that you have people that do it because it gives them a layer against personal responsibility. Right, So the same scenario, you came home, you just told your spouse, you know what, I decided't like my job today and I quit it. There's probably going to be ramifications.
Speaker 3: I mean a lot of it sounds like it's just a more high tech version of the old magic eight ball, where you would just keep shaking it till you gave you the breath you wanted.
Speaker 2: Right, But but you're assigning.
Speaker 1: But even then, you were assigning because the people don't believe that the eight ball is magic.
Speaker 3: It is no, but it says it magic eight ball.
Speaker 1: I understand that it says it, but that would require you to believe that there's magic happening, explain it, then explain the thing. Okay, so my point I am explaining that. My point is nobody thinks the magic eight ball is magic, so they would not sit there. But with the with the with the AI, they could be like, well, no, I mean it's literally an AI. It's you know, it's really, it's really so it'll probably want to murder us one.
Speaker 3: Day, like you apply.
Speaker 1: As though you apply to it a more thoughtful pedigree, which again, this it just really feels like one an excuse to farm the answer you already won. So if you're honest with yourself, you'd be like, well, you already made the decision, right you just you're gonna do this. It's the same reason that you might talk to multiple friends or family members so you get an answer that you want.
Speaker 2: But those are at least humans, they have human interests. Again, the AI has a lot there's a lot of human stuff that it will never understand or need. That's why I think the job things great, Like an AI AI doesn't need a job, not really, but you do. You want to maintain your standard of living, your relationships, your sanity. So I don't know, it's just yes, this is sad. And then also, if you want to get too stopic about it, you get a bunch.
Speaker 3: Of people that do that. How easy is it.
Speaker 1: To control that population if you manipulated the AI somehow? Think about that, Think about how somebody who was very nefarious could use a situation like that to influence people. Hell, that make a pretty good movie right there. And lord knows, there's there's enough stupid people out there, people.
Speaker 2: Going out and being like, all right, so I got I got chat ETP, I got GROC, I got Gemini, got'.
Speaker 1: We'll just ask all of them until I get an answer that I want. Then I don't have to do any critical thinking. It'd be great, absolutely all right, six point fifteen here on the Casey Oday Radio program. Yeah, yeah, it's an interesting way to start the show. But I've had to have the existential thought process bouncing around my head for the last half hours.
Speaker 3: So now you do to you miss the last few minutes of what you were talking about. I consulted the WIGI board about your magic eight ball, Yes allegian, and yeah said it said that you're wrong. It said that the Ouiji board said that the eight ball is in fact magical and that's a blue urban site is so you.
Speaker 1: All getting double demon. Good for you. That's what's what we call double demon. I would definitely seek out advice from those two. Absolutely.
Speaker 2: Do you ever know anyone like that?
Speaker 3: Though?
Speaker 1: Just has the absolute inability to make life choices, So they just kind of puddle around. I think I think we all know somebody like that.
Speaker 3: Now. This is just this is just a tool to help you do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what if you.
Speaker 1: Could figure how to turn it into essentially the you know, the Wizard behind the Sheet so to speak, and Wizard of Oz, you could be very powerful. Right So instead the answer is coming from Rock. They're actual you coming from Ross. He's just screwing with people right now.
Speaker 3: It's my guy ping in China.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, Like what should I do with my savings? Should I help the orphan? Should we buy a house?
Speaker 2: It's like, uh, have you heard of the Lambo for the Kids fund over at the Hayes Global Initiative. You should donate it all there and boom, some knitwo who doesn't want to think for themselves is paying off part of your lambo all right.
Speaker 1: Six seventeen, CaCO Day radio program hang On Ross has been trying to figure out whether magic eight balls are real via AI this morning, and I don't think he got a definitive answer.
Speaker 3: So what did we end? Have you ever have you ever cracked open a magic eight ball and seen the mast?
Speaker 1: Now I assume whatever it's floating in is basically mercury poison level.
Speaker 3: Oh you've got to drink it.
Speaker 2: I don't got it.
Speaker 3: You've got to know. It's like when they found the black sarcophagus with the bone juice, opened it and they were like, oh, there's bone juice and they had like people drinking the bone juice to drink it. So that's what you do. Huh No, it's funny. So just for giggles, I searched on rock hety is the magic eate ball?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 3: Is it magical? Right? And obviously the answer should be right, And obviously the answer should be no. And it came back with this huge thing about no, I was a toy maybe by Mattel here's the guy that made it like the nineteen forties. I'm all right. So that's a follow up question going off based off of our conversation last segment, right, I'm like, hey, is the magic eate ball? Is the Is the Ouiji board demonic? Ah? Yeah, yeah, And I'm expecting like a you know, quick, no, maybe one or two paragraphs. It sends me like nine or ten paragraphs and the first sentence is yeah, you know, it's a matter of perspective, is it? And then it goes into like cultural stuff, and but then my final paragraph is like, so in conclusion, we can't you know, I can't give you a definite yes or no. If it is demonic, it's it's open to interpretation.
Speaker 1: So now you might have to proof it's not. And the starting point would be that it is.
Speaker 3: That's enough for me. I'm like, I'm not touching the Ouiji board. If Kroc is like, I don't know, buddy.
Speaker 2: But you're drinking the eight ball goo, you're not making good.
Speaker 3: Decisions, so would in all fairness you know that's your opinion.
Speaker 2: Okay, what's not?
Speaker 1: You just literally just laid the scenario out, all right, Well, maybe ask the AI if this is bad. So over in the UK at where's this church dates back to the eighth century, so it's been around a while, and like a lot of churches in Europe. It's definitely very ornate. This is cause Saint Andrew's Church in Lincolnshire, and one of the things that the church was famous for is one of its walls is really ornate. It's all inload inlaid stone paneling right cut into squares, and they have they have like depictions of really famous biblical moments. They have Moses on Mount Sinai receiving the stone.
Speaker 3: Tablets, they have.
Speaker 1: They have a Noah's Ark, they have Crucifixion things like it's it's definitely very touristy. It's very very nice, judging from the photo here. Unfortunately it's missing a few panels.
Speaker 3: This morning.
Speaker 1: Somebody stole several of the panels. One of the panels they stole.
Speaker 2: Is this, It's a square panel and it's in you know what you would think about if you thought of like old monks bibles, right with the ornate flourishes and and the the you know, the font that it has there, very very medieval looking. They stole the parts of the Ten Commandments, including the commandments including Thou shalt not steal the actual commandment they stole they literally ripped it out of the wall. I mean, I mean, you go to super Hell, right right, that's super Hell.
Speaker 1: You steal that thou shalt not steal commandment out of a thousand year old stone motif part of a church, like skip all the other hells even even like you know anything that Dante ever envisioned and straight to super Hell.
Speaker 3: You've got to be a complete socio psychopath with I mean, how can that. Wouldn't you be just in the back of your mind just a little bit be like, oh my God, to go in Hell, or like you've got to know that isn't right, like you can steal, like you shall not steal commandment, or you're.
Speaker 2: Just like you know, let me let me put your or the ultimate troll.
Speaker 3: I guess I was about to say, you're just sit in back here like you just did it for the lulls. Yeah, yeah, it's uh.
Speaker 2: I don't know how you're gonna explain that on the old judgment day or whatever.
Speaker 3: What do you even do with it?
Speaker 1: I'm assuming you sell it on some criminal market who's going to appreciate something.
Speaker 3: Like a lot of these guys when they steal stuff like this or like classic works of art, they actually keep them and they save them as like a get out of jail free card.
Speaker 1: Ross really really wants to do a European style heist. You guys have no idea, Like the whole break, it's.
Speaker 3: All he talked about.
Speaker 1: Even though he doesn't want to live in Europe, he wants to do a europe because that's just what Europe is basically, right, It's it's tourist attractions and heist.
Speaker 3: Yeah. No, I mean we've been going down marketing and I watching like, you know, documentaries like heist documentaries, and one thing, you know, going back to last segment, like things like that you see in common? Are these guys these big thieves were like, you know, we stole a Rembrandt from the Boston Museum or whatever, and then they'll just dash it away for twenty years. And then when they're finally busted, you know, down the road, they'll say, you know, as leverage or whatever or to get a lesser sentence, I'll give you a Rembrandt and they're like, oh my god, yeah, we've been looking for that forever. We need that back, so and then they'll lessen. Is that really that common as it is? It is something you see a lot, and like all these documentaries. It's a big thing that happens when it comes to like stealing you know, jewels or pickings or relics or you know this the bones of saints or whatever.
Speaker 1: Like it's this thing you get into the saints of bones or blood of saints or even bloods of popes. Like there's been heist, so John Paul, John Paul Jones, Pope John Paul's blood literally got stolen in a heist.
Speaker 3: So like that stuff that people do. I was reading this one. There was this guy where there was like the Dutch Crown Jewels or whatever, okay, and he was on vacation with his wife at the time, and this guy filmed everything. He filmed absolutely everything from the start of his career in like you know, the eighties and nineties all the way up until he was busted. And so he's there at the museum like a week or two before these crown jewels disappear, and it made national news, international news. The Crown jewels are gone. Nobody knows why. And later on, when he was busted, they found the Crown jewels in his grandma's basement, like behind some duckwork. And the only reason he put it there was, so it was a get out of jail free card and it really greatly reduces them. But it's so funny though, because they're asking him about it. They're like, you know, how did you do it? Did you parachue onto the roof? Did you repel down?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Did you dance your laser beams? How'd you do it? And their laws are so messed up there that he's like, I can't really go into detail because that would be incriminating and then I'd have to serve jail time over there. So he was sort of like, hey, if I found this in my granma's basement, well, how do you get the jewels? Did he?
Speaker 6: So?
Speaker 3: Yeah. The speculation is that he just did it out in the open. He Indiana Jones it because when they finally figured out that the jewels had been swapped there at the museum, it was a replica that they sell in the gift shop. You know what this is.
Speaker 1: I've seen this before. I've seen this is how you hoist a constitution?
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: By the way, for those of you in the museum, if you have something really valuable in your museum, maybe not sell a dead replica of it.
Speaker 3: And it's funny when you see it side by side, because it's so obvious that what he had put in there, or whoever put that in there put that in there under the display case. It's so obvious it's not the real one. Like it looks very cheap. It doesn't look like you know, the.
Speaker 2: Quick swap with the bag of sand. And then what they need is a giant boulder.
Speaker 1: I mean it's got but if fine, if you can, but if you can outrun the boulder, it's not ineffective builder. Right then you have to get it down. And then you need one of those fire pits with the cages in them.
Speaker 3: It's very complicated.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so so like, so I go like this is the zoo and then go to the gift shop where they have like the stuffed otter and then just walk out with the real otter. Is a week later, they're like, why is that one otter not eating? What's going what's going on? Then the other other otters are swimming and that dude's just sit there.
Speaker 3: He hasn't moved.
Speaker 2: Let's go check on the otter bill.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, it's the.
Speaker 2: Stuff daughter from the gift shop still got the tag on it.
Speaker 3: Because a lot of times they steal these stuff, like these classic works of art of these relics are and they have a hard time selling him. But you can sell him on the market. But I mean, how do you find a buyer and then you can't bring it to Rick at the paunch out be like, hey, I want to sell.
Speaker 2: The not that po some other ones.
Speaker 3: What do you go for me? It's the command mit that says Dell showing that steel.
Speaker 1: Look, let's face it, there's there are still a lot of people out there buying all of the copper piping that some dude walks in while who's like itching his face and broke out in hives, Like they still buy copper from that, you know, captain crackhead there. So if you probably find somebody, but yeah, you're not gonna make a ton of money. Now, I remember watching uh uh, there's a guy named Larry Lawton who does he does a web series now, who was a he was a big jewel thief, end up doing quite quite a bit of time, and now he's a pretty entertaining guy. He's got a channel. He's out of jail, and but he talks about his time in prison. But he talks about also just you know, when you're out heisting stuff, and uh, you know, the one one thing he points.
Speaker 3: Out is like going to if you go heist the Hope.
Speaker 1: Diamond, you're gonna have a lot of problems because it's really recognizable. So you know, crown jewels of a monarchy tend to stand out. But if you can get loose stone and it was not laser etch stone at the time, that's where you make your money. You'd rather have a hundred of those diamonds than the six carrot monstrosity that has a name. And also he said, what's even worse than that is heisting money because money's so expensive or excuse me, weighs so much so by the time you really get into it, there's almost more than you can carry. It's like think of like the movie Heat when they run around.
Speaker 3: With all those Duffel bags. How it's just.
Speaker 1: During that gunfight just weighs him down. So like there's a lot to consider there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this the guy that stole the Dutch ground and jewels or whatever they were. He reminded me of Matthew Broderick's character in wargames where okay, not violent at all, this guy used his brain to do this stuff, and he's the most one of the most famous hets. I can't recall his name at the moment. I could google it, but I'm lazy. What he would do when he open to these banks, the night Fox, right, what he would do is he would get a job on the crew of the people building the bank, and while they were always well, always well, he was building the banks, he would create ways to get into the bank or disarm the security. So before the grand opening of these banks in Canada, most of his work was in Canada, he would crawl into the duckwork of the bank and just drop in and disable the alarms and steal all the ATMs, like all the money from the ATMs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well I think of oh jeez, my brain just go think of what Remember how Russia read the Olympics.
Speaker 3: Yeah, where they put the secret passage through the steroid lab.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so having that access.
Speaker 1: For those who don't know, the thing that got Russia in trouble was when they hosted the Winter Olympics in Sochi.
Speaker 3: Because they were the host country.
Speaker 2: They literally built all the buildings.
Speaker 1: Including the medical center, so they you know, they built from from the ground up. This this this medical center, uh, for you know, for athletes who were literally dealing with medical issues, but also to handle all of the drug testing, right, anything that was medical or clinical and nature went in there. And it wasn't a standalone building. It was part of a giant complex and it happened to be attached to essentially like the management offices for the for you know, for the Olympics, but with separate entrances and all that. But the buildings touched.
Speaker 2: So what did Russia do? They just built in secret passages so the athletes would come in and they you know, put a specimen in the jar so to speak.
Speaker 3: Right, right, did they do their P test or whatever?
Speaker 2: And they put it there and they would be sitting there in the lab ready to get tested, and in the middle of.
Speaker 3: The night, the door the wall opens up and they trade them.
Speaker 1: Out and then here comes here comes Igor right to swap all this stuff. That's literally how they were rigging drug testing at the Olympics. I can't remember how they got caught.
Speaker 3: It's so funny though, you talked to coming. You watch these interviews with the Canadian police and they're like it was like magic, Like these these banks would start to open like the grand opening, and the next day they'd go in and no alarm went off, no nothing, and all the money's going and they're like, how did this happen? And it happened over and over and over again. He would just get it. He would just get a job working the crews that were making the banks. That's crazy, sat.
Speaker 1: Or you get on the cleaning crew, right, that's all you got to do is get Once you're in the cleaning crew, mans, do whatever you want. Nobody asked any questions like who's this new guy I've never seen. There's like, ah, he's got to mop, must be fine. Absolutely, what is this you're asking the groc what topic we should be talking about? We're talking about heists? Or I don't need an AI to tell me what's talk about. We're talking about heist.
Speaker 3: Those are the good heights too, the ones that don't involve firearms, you know what I mean. Like you could just yeah, that's the one reason this guy is like out now, you'd be like, oh, he's in prison forever. Now he's out. He's out living his life because he not once did any of his robberies incorporate a gun. Ever.
Speaker 2: At Boston, Paul blah blah blah blah blah museum. I bet Boston Paul's got a bunch of art they stole over the years.
Speaker 1: Cops get away with that stuff. Good's okay, wait, what do you got? Although that'd be to be fair. Is probably not a lot of artwork in Boston. Not a very cultured group.
Speaker 3: But okay, all.
Speaker 1: Right, eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four. I do have one or two other things, so we need to get to here on the show, including.
Speaker 2: Just the the misery tour on the cable news.
Speaker 1: Yesterday of Democrats reacting to Trump's speech and everything that went there. I mean, just just insane stuff like here's Latifa Simon, who's at California Congress.
Speaker 3: It seems like on Algrea disrespect.
Speaker 6: For the House, and it wasn't coming from Representative Green. It was coming from the men behind him on the right side, who were telling him and yelling sit down. I mean it felt like, right I was watching something in a history class, a racist yelling at an elderly black man challenging the president of the United States not to cut medical care for the sick.
Speaker 1: Told you, these people all all think that they're in the sixties because it was really the heyday of their insanity. It was the last time really that their party wasn't insane. Insane, yeah, a little bit of insane, but you had but like you didn't have the entirety of the party in lockstep going nah, no oh oh, you got a volleypole spiked into your face by a man.
Speaker 2: Man, we don't care, right, it was like pre that.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 1: I mean, how old are the videos of Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton on the campaign trail, going back to that first race, the one that they rigged against her, h before they rigged for her, not the Sanders.
Speaker 2: One, but the Obama one. Like going back to that time.
Speaker 1: Watching those two on the stump is like listening to Trump where they're talking about immigration and abortion and just a variety of in gay marriage. Yeah, yeah, it's like listening to Trump's platform.
Speaker 2: And it's video from like when I was an adult.
Speaker 3: Still are you tired? I'm just so tired of these dumb people because what she's spouting is so dumb. There's no other words.
Speaker 1: It's just like the Greensboro wo Yeah, it's the same thing.
Speaker 3: No, it's not. I'm tired of these dumb people elected by other dumb people and then put on television and I'm supposed to be dumb people. Yeah, and I'm then I'm supposed to sit back and pretend like what they're saying is smart.
Speaker 1: It's just like so it's just like the citys at Woolworst, right, It's just like the video of the guy holding the sign that says I am a man getting a fire hose and then some dogs sticked on him, you know, because al Green was asked not to Heckler's veto the President. It's it's more than dumb. If it was just dumb, it would be bearable. It's intentionally it's evil. It's intentionally evil. It's intentionally knowing that it's not that, but knowing that you have to say it to make the political points.
Speaker 3: Right. If you're Tim Walls, you don't.
Speaker 2: Think and if you're the media who is running these headlines, you don't think.
Speaker 1: That for the first time ever, the President in the Joint Session to Congress used a racial slur.
Speaker 3: That was the headline yesterday, which.
Speaker 1: By the way, I don't know that I believe that you're telling me that there wasn't a single president to drop the N word.
Speaker 3: At any point.
Speaker 1: I don't know prior to nineteen sixty, prior to the very the Lynnon Johnson quote that he'll have all those N words voting for the Democrat Party forever, which was openly said in front of a bunch of people at a essentially a bill signing.
Speaker 2: So one, I don't believe that too.
Speaker 3: You don't believe this. I don't care for.
Speaker 2: Tim Walls, and you're clearly dumb.
Speaker 5: You don't believe that the idea of a president standing at that rosscrum and throwing a slur at a United States senator in the middle because you disagree on policy is absolutely ridiculous.
Speaker 1: So he's referred to the Pocahontas thing, which again I don't know that that doesn't.
Speaker 2: Qualify as a slur. He's not attacking everyone, He's attacking her because she's a liar, and she's a really bad liar, right, She's a liar who is mathematically less average for the thing that she was then trying to lean into, which is why it had such a ridiculous number. And like Ross has a higher number of Native American background, and he has an idea and started one casino.
Speaker 3: Nothing nothing, So yeah, you don't give me this garbage.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the Ross's point, Yes, stupid people being put on TV by other stupid people who were elected by stupid people. And who are they trying to convince stupid people that already agree with them. Nobody's listening to Latifa Simon and going, you know what, that's absolutely right.
Speaker 2: I didn't even think of that. Al Green being asked to not literally take over this entire thing so he could pull this stunt is exactly like the bridge incident outside of Selma.
Speaker 3: Do I was just thinking that. Do you remember when Rep. Wilson screamed you LII at Baracoadima And the next day what happened. The majority of the Republicans came out and they said that was inappropriate. You shouldn't have done that, you know it. It's not the proper decorum. We apologize, and of course the Democrats who went on the attack forever, and that was in the news forever. You lie, it was racist. All is scarbage because what Joe Wilson actually said, you like, turned out to be true. That's right.
Speaker 1: It was so that people who were here legally were receiving health benefits now and now they literally the whole states have become sanctuary states.
Speaker 3: Too accomplish then whatever. So then you have you know, the Green there in the chamber waving his cane around like he's Sumpter or whatever. He's going to beat somebody down when they have a history with that Charles Sumner, right, and he's thrown out. He's thrown out the next day. How many Democrats have said that was inappropriate to the Republicans saying.
Speaker 2: There is one I did see the one one of the women who said this is all dumb, this, we shouldn't be doing this.
Speaker 3: And that's the difference between the two parties.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 3: The Republicans were like, Wilson shouldn't have done that. We apologized profusely, We're so sorry, blah blah blah. Well the Democrats are.
Speaker 1: Like, you know what more, Republicans didn't condemn Taylor Green and what's Rebucket from Colorado when they were screaming at Biden the last year. I went on the show and I said, this is Bobert. Yeah, when Bobert and Green, people are well, that's not the same thing. No, shut up, it is okay. Either you believe in decorum or you doe. I'm done with the Now you can agree that it has escalated. It's like everything else. Once you do it and less people complain about it, then you're just gonna get it more and more often.
Speaker 3: You said this last time. You actually, now that I think about it, you said that it's turning more and more into like a WWE event where you're just expecting who's gonna get thrown out this time?
Speaker 1: Hey, that's and I'll tell you what the republic I promise you we're going to be back here. Some Republicans are going to do it to a Democrat and there will still be condemnation, right, but there will be less of it because you normalize these things. When you do these things, you're normalizing them. Just own it if you want to, just own it. But you're not fooling anybody. Everybody sees what's up. But yeah, I only saw one person, one person actually sitting there and going, now, maybe we shouldn't do that. But then you have people like the insane woman there. It's like it's just like the civil rights stuff.
Speaker 3: No it's not.
Speaker 2: And to treat it that, to treat it that way is literally to cheapen the other stuff. It's literally to cheapen the other stuff, and the and and the real irony is.
Speaker 3: It's it is, it's.
Speaker 1: It is the political tactic that that the party has embraced to use for things like the town halls. Right, this is this is one of the most lazy political things and one of the most irritating. Right, the other side has an event, so you show up to the event and you scream and yell, so the event can't happen, and then they have to cancel the event. And then you know, and then the universities will do that. That's called a heckler's veto. And so you've accomplished what you want rather than you getting dealt with your political opponent, basically had the right.
Speaker 3: Strip from them.
Speaker 2: And that's what the tactic they are openly using on these town halls and now the president's addresses.
Speaker 3: All right, we'll be back.
Speaker 1: Hang on CODA Radio program phone number eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four.
Speaker 3: You want to I want to give get on the show here. What is wrong with people?
Speaker 2: Do I just read the This is just twisted man.
Speaker 1: And remember this is somebody who's got no problem raising animals for butchering and eating. Okay, but you don't have to be a jerk about it. Speaking of I don't know, we've got the big European discussion. So somebody stole three piglets. Ross, You don't have six sides of bacon I need to know about do you hanging around your house? In a live version, you would know if I had that much bacon, you would he'd be literally sitting on a bike.
Speaker 3: I'd walk in in the suit just made of bacon, just be it.
Speaker 1: Just flexing, just flexing. You won't even have to walk in because you could smell your suit coming down the hall. You'd be like, that's a man.
Speaker 3: What is that?
Speaker 2: What's going somebody in the breakroom making Oh look at it?
Speaker 3: Oh no, it's Ross's suit.
Speaker 2: Look at that. So this is in Denmark.
Speaker 1: Three piglets that were part of a shocking art exhibit were stolen. Oh no, all right, So what's the art exhibit. So the art exhibit which was meant to essentially shame people listen to this lunacy. The art exhibit, which was called and Now You Care, was meant to raise awareness of factory farmed meats.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, so.
Speaker 3: Here's what it was.
Speaker 1: The art exhibit was a cage full of hay and shopping carts, right, because you gotta have the store component to it.
Speaker 2: Ah, you go to the store, you buy meat. Well, this is how it happens.
Speaker 1: And then so it was shopping carts that had been fashioned into a cage kind of inside the cage with simply hate to lay on, but no food or water were these three piglets. And the purpose of the exhibit was to watch them starve to death because then then you would be like, oh, that's so sad, and they would go aha, and now you care.
Speaker 3: Except that's not how you.
Speaker 2: Raise slaughter hogs or slaughter slaughter pigs. Right, it's not how you that's not how that happens.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: There's a or or beef for that matter, Right, there's a structure when we raise beef that's gonna get butchered. Like I know how long that thing's gonna live, and I know basically what it's life is going to be filled with every moment of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you've got one of those antwine sugar no country for old men guns.
Speaker 2: That is correct. That that is one thing that you have there. There's there's other different ways you can use electricity and I could go in all of it, but in each of those methods it's like that, okay, and it's meant to be like that.
Speaker 1: And actually there's reasons why you would why you when you slaughter, you do it quickly because it literally can change the composition of meat because of endorphins and other like I'm not a scientist, but uh, you know other things that course through the body of something that is dying in a long drawn out manner. I'm not trying to get too gruesome here, but it you can literally taste the difference. Nobody starves their beef to death, which would be insane because the whole point of really the last eighteen months of a cows that that's you know, gonna end up as a hamburger for you. The last eighteen months are really the the colligular period, right. They're just standing somewhere, just surrounded by all the food, and they're they're soaks are like, ah, it's all the food.
Speaker 3: Look at all the food.
Speaker 1: And then they get really really fat, or as fat as possible, and then you feed them to that point and then you go through the slaughter process. So like, the whole thing is insane, and it was animal rights group that apparently stole the hogs.
Speaker 2: But just the fact that you would.
Speaker 1: Come up on this, you would then pitch it to a museum or an art art exhibition aya, I don't know which it is.
Speaker 3: M did in a museum.
Speaker 2: Whatever.
Speaker 1: And then some Dutch animal rights group, the Glempty donks, the Glempty donks, I don't know what that translates to anyway.
Speaker 2: So it's an art yeah, so it's an art gallery here.
Speaker 3: They they broke in, they stole the hogs.
Speaker 1: They then literally issued a press release on it, so it's not like they don't know who done it.
Speaker 2: Apparently it was a ten year old girl complaining to her father about the exhibit that prompted him to literally call the animal rights group.
Speaker 3: And then that's what you have here.
Speaker 2: What was the reasoning for the pigs? Is it teat assignments? I bet that's what it is, if you don't know what that is.
Speaker 1: Basically, there is a people have a problem with the hog breeders because one of the things that they've done over the years that they've bred the litters really or the they bred the litters to a very high number. I don't know if litter is the right word. Yeah, I think it is litters for piglets. I've never raised hogs, so I don't know, but I do know this. So you will have hogs that will give birth to like twenty piglets, but a sows only got like fourteen nipples, So I believe that's the correct number. Somebody in the pig business can correct me. And so there's like there is a debate over whether that is a humane thing. Now there's other ways to feed piglets, and then you have other sows that you can put piglets on if they don't have a number, or if they've been if they've recently weaned, so you get a wet nurse thing. Like it's more complex than they're than they're making it out to be. But I suspect that's probably their beef. I'm not I can't read their statement because it's in uh europe European whatever they speak over there, so I guess that'd be the Dutch language. I don't know, so uh yeah, but like, also, how how is that legal? Like I couldn't go to the Museum of Art in Raleigh and be like I am an artist, uh, and I want to starve animals to death literally within your museum.
Speaker 3: Is that cool? And that not be a crime?
Speaker 2: How would that not be animal cruelty or at the very least eat them? Oh man, let me tell you you ever had you ever had the suckle pig like little baby pig sausage.
Speaker 3: Bag?
Speaker 2: I had it one time and the sausage was made out of suckling pig and.
Speaker 3: Foid raw.
Speaker 1: Oh dude, absolutely mate. You know who made it is There's a restaurant in downtown Greensboro called b. Christopher's and it was a special one day when I went in there and they're like, yeah, so we have this sausage and it's made out of just delicious baby animals.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, well, I'll try that.
Speaker 1: I mean, if the sausage has already made, but I promise you we probably didn't starve them to death. And it was really really good. So I don't know, I don't think it's a regular thing on their menu. But anyway, look at that. They just got a free add They don't even advertise. They always take care of me down there, but bring your wallet.
Speaker 3: I will tell you that.
Speaker 2: So all right eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four A couple.
Speaker 1: A couple other things need to get into, like why you should never check baggage ever, Yeah, I don't do that. I've long been an opponent of checking bag. I don't care where I'm flying, by the way, I I don't remember the last time I checked a bag. I've gotten gate checked once or twice, which I hate, but I don't and I don't really carry anything that's even approaching that size. But I've just never needed more than that. But man, I'll see those people as you're especially if you're clearing like customs or something, or waiting at that carousel, and I'm just like, good luck with that.
Speaker 3: No, I've started doing the thing where I just like, I put all my clothes on in layers.
Speaker 1: I mean it is a way to deal with coats. If you need to transport coats, there's I mean there's no no shame there. So but you go, like what six seven layers deep?
Speaker 3: I like ten or twelve?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, good, that doesn't sound ridiculous.
Speaker 3: Well waddled down the to the plane.
Speaker 1: Coming up on the show British Horrors. Maybe coming for your pee, Paul, I don't know, Ross. Did you see the picture of those dudes so happy.
Speaker 3: They looked.
Speaker 2: Do you see any of the video of her like with the with the old dudes from.
Speaker 3: The nursing home. They seem traumatized.
Speaker 1: That is not the word I was gonna use. They looked like they're getting ready to storm Omaha.
Speaker 3: They were.
Speaker 2: But okay, I mean, I I will give this uh this.
Speaker 3: Uh see see you could have went Battle of the Bulge, but you went Omaha because the other one is just low hanging f it's it's it's too easy right there.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. And we got other stuff. We're gonna, you know, uh getting on Hamburger Hill like we can.
Speaker 2: There's huts.
Speaker 1: Lots of fun, pun humor coming for this. But I like how people are outraged. You know, they make viagra, right, I mean, and they're all so of age, right, I mean what clearly clearly.
Speaker 3: They're of age.
Speaker 1: Now, it'd be one thing if you're dealing with dementia, but I didn't get the impression that you're dealing with dementia here. Now, you're just dealing with horny old men. And if some twenty three year old troll up here is decides she wants to go in there, and they're like, yeah, you know what, that sounds good?
Speaker 3: Now, is this the one that had sex with eleven hundred or a thousand men or just the one hundred, because there's two of them there.
Speaker 2: For the longest time, I thought, I was this is the hundred manor I think, but I remember it isn't. Aren't they beefing now? Because the idea was the other ones and then the other one hoard it up first.
Speaker 3: And I'm just so, yeah, I'm not the only one. They look exactly the same. There are people confused. They're like, I thought this was the same person because you see this on your internet feed, and I'm like, oh my god, there's like two or three different people here.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, I had to do some research so I could figure this out. Now they're two different people.
Speaker 3: And then the one did one hundred, and then the other did one hundred, and they tried to up the any and did like a thousand, and now this person's back trying to well, but I don't.
Speaker 1: Think they technically did a thousand, because remember they couldn't post any video because they had age verification issues. I don't know that it counts, I think, is what they're saying. As far you know the arbiters of the rules of these little porn starlets. That being said, it's all about the publicity. What can you do that's going to shock people's senses? And you know what, apparently she figured something out, so we will get into that. Trump issues what he calls the last warning to hamas I thought the other thing was the last warning. Remember, they're like, ah, do this by Saturday or all hell breaks loose. But maybe maybe maybe that's where we're at. Finally, we'll give you the details there and you know tariff Gate, so lots to get into, but first seven eighteen will take a break, coming up Acoday radio program back in just a few and your phone calls next. All right, So whichever one of the the hookup with as many dudes as you can contest checks that the Phillips chick is, which again I can't always tell this too. A part is going nursing home to nursing home and finding volunteers to shoot content with her. I have so many questions though, because in the one little like snippet now it's not of it's everyone's fully clothed in this.
Speaker 2: It's basically her promo for it.
Speaker 1: She's sitting there with these three dudes that all look to be in their seventies or eighties, who, by the way, have the biggest smiles on their faces, and saying, ah, this is this is my thing now, and so she's going to nursing home. She said, Also she found that the VA's a gold mine and this is this is her stick now. So so yeah, we can make all the Battle of the bulls jokes and the.
Speaker 3: You know other things.
Speaker 1: But the one dude's in the video, he's propping himself up with a walker. So I'm very curious how everything went down. But you know what it is, it's outraging people like, oh, how dare she prey on these on these old men.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I don't know they're getting prayed on.
Speaker 1: Quite honest with you, they're just like, ah, my, my kids don't talk to me anymore, but I need some entertainment. Let's go ahead and do this. And also if she's leaning into the vas for our service members, all right, whatever. But I think it's funny too because apparently there's an OnlyFans chick that that's all she does. It's kind of her stick. And so now they're accusing this chick of stealing it.
Speaker 3: So I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna get into too many details.
Speaker 3: On this, but.
Speaker 1: She does have a quote, and I kid you not, this is literally her quote. They're asked like, how could you do that? How how could you go and at twenty three and seduce all these eighty year old men at the VA.
Speaker 3: She says, quote, I do it for the love of the game.
Speaker 1: Like she's like, she's a like, she's a forty year old NBA player who's not retiring, right, Oh, why don't you retiring for the love of the game.
Speaker 3: I mean, I can't blame the older gentleman, but the people sitting back at home paying to watch that content, that's sort of weird, sort of right, little bet, little bit, I mean, whatever does it for you?
Speaker 1: But again, I don't get the impression she's quote unquote taking advantage of them.
Speaker 3: You got somebody listening right now, going you gotta do it for the vents, got to support the vets, right for the you know.
Speaker 2: That guy stormed you know some beach or some forest or you know whatever.
Speaker 1: Its now it's his last chance. Well, I guess at seventy or eighty, they probably weren't World War two. But quick phone call here, Donna's been holding. Yes, Donna, what's up?
Speaker 8: Good morning, Casey and you guys were talking about heist. One that's always fascinated me is the Isabella Stuart Gardener Museum in Boston, and the heights took place.
Speaker 2: In nineteen ninety Boston Paul did is that this one got right?
Speaker 8: And this is what I was going to say. Oh, okay, the reward is ten million dollars, so I think if we round him up together, I'll split it with you.
Speaker 2: I mean, thirteen thirteen pieces of art at the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum, that's what you're talking. Yeah, one Napoleon you put in an email earlier.
Speaker 8: So one Napoleonic fineo, which we could get one hundred grand.
Speaker 4: For that, you know.
Speaker 1: So yeah, how does somebody in Boston understand art well enough to know that these needed heist heisted?
Speaker 8: It was probably out of town or either that or it was like Boston Paul and Whitey Bulger. You know, Boston Paul seems pretty sharp, you know, before he fell into his glug glug.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, then he retires and then he buys a giant, you know, motor home or do you get that money?
Speaker 3: That's weird? Huh, that's right?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Why did he get out of town?
Speaker 2: Remember that? Do you ever see the movie The Accountant?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: I love that movie, right when he's got that airstream just filled with works of art and gold balloons and stuff.
Speaker 3: So probably something like that.
Speaker 2: All right, well there's probably a tip line I can call that. Anyway.
Speaker 8: The greatest tiste were those three starving little piglets. That was a nice heist.
Speaker 3: But also I like that.
Speaker 1: I don't I don't even know how you can do an art exhibit like that, Like wouldn't that be animal cruelty? And like literally every state and country.
Speaker 8: Uh yeah, apparently not Denmark.
Speaker 2: Well, and then then the artist is trying to play it off like this was part of the plan. It's all part of the exhibit, now shut up?
Speaker 7: Yeah, right?
Speaker 8: English? There by the way, what's that the Danish?
Speaker 2: Don'tkay? That sounds like a made up language? All right, I gotta let you go, all right, all right, Ross you ever heard of Danish? What's that?
Speaker 3: That ain't real?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: That's a that's a dessert item, isn't it? Or a breakfast pastry?
Speaker 3: You're right about Boston Paul could have been him because that heust in Boston with that museum. It was late in the middle of the night. Three cops knocked on the door and they okay, opened it up, and they weren't cops, and you know, the people work in security were like bound up in the basement and these three apparent cops went through and they systematically like took certain works of art. Going back to what you were saying about, how would they know which would take? So it was super planned out.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, so they just got to say like cop outfits.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they were dressed up like cops.
Speaker 1: Oh and then you just open the door. When you see that, you're like, I must be cops. Look at that they got cops stuff on. Oh yeah, yeah, that's that's probably a pretty good lead. I'll call the We'll see if you can get in on the Uh. You know, I think he's camping down in South care Line of too, so we can like have him raided down there.
Speaker 3: He saw is RV. You think you can afford that? No, you can't.
Speaker 2: No, clearly, clearly the dude was heist and stuff.
Speaker 3: That guy.
Speaker 1: You know, that's if you had there was a boat you had to name it'd be like my little kickback or something.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: So, but you know, you put in a cute sea way, so it had like a c theme, some sort of nautical theme.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 2: Uh, so I got enough time to do this. Let's go ahead, just flip over to this real quick.
Speaker 3: So uh.
Speaker 1: President Trump issued a statement here we goes, want to have it in front of me to Hamas yesterday saying that he quote is sending Israel everything it needs to quote finish the job. Wait, hold on, now, Bosa Paul is sending me details.
Speaker 2: On the heist.
Speaker 1: Obviously, who you know who else would be able to send you details? It was the day after Saint Patrick's Day? Well then I and then maybe I don't maybe it wasn't somebody from Boston. I assumed the day after Saint Patrick's Day. You all are immobile, real Bostonians. You don't know where you are. You woke up, you know your pants are gone. Probably you're in a strange location.
Speaker 2: I would assume that's the day after. So uh, clearly that that probably.
Speaker 3: Means you didn't do it. So we got that, all right.
Speaker 1: So anyway, Trump issued a statement to Hama saying, quote, we're sending Israel everything it needs to finish the job, and then urge them to release all the remaining hostages. He actually said, all the hostages and all the bodies. Release all the hostages now, not later. Immediately return all of the dead bodies of the people you murdered, or it is over for you. Only sick and twisted people keep bodies. You are sick and twisted, and then added if you don't do it, quote, there will be hell to pay later. And he also is the way he started, he said Shalom hamas, which he said means hello and goodbye. You can choose the old thing is weird, man. So does that mean what you can agree to them if they don't have it by the end of the week. I'm just saying, if you're gonna redline this stuff, you can't have open ended stuff, not with a moas. But also, this requires Israel to do whatever they're doing, so you know, whatever that level of coordination is going to be will need to be a part of this. Did not did not get into details there. Speaking of highest According to a spokesperson for Brad Briner, who is the the new treasurer here in North Carolina, somebody hoisted his office. So the treasurer's office is actually by the radio station Braus you know where it is, right around the corner there on Atlantic.
Speaker 3: No, I've never been there.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, so the Treasurer's office there. So when you go, when you go, like you leave the station on high Woods and then you go to or on uh I guess what would that be, Brentwood, And then you take a right on Atlantic.
Speaker 3: That building to the.
Speaker 1: Right there is the Treasurer's office. It kind of looks like it's in our it's in our business park technically, so uh. Anyway, so somebody broke into that. I guess what do you think's in there? Do you think that that's where the money is? Do you think they can all the money for the state there?
Speaker 3: What would you say? It says treasure dude. Okay, it's a simple mistake.
Speaker 2: Do you think they got in there and they're like, there's no money in here?
Speaker 3: Blooms?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we yeah, I heard about the rainy Day Fund. It's got like a billion dollars in it, and they just assumed it's in the Treasurer's office.
Speaker 3: Like, did you guys do any research? They don't have that in there.
Speaker 2: They have the treasurer.
Speaker 1: They don't even have a big staff. It just it's just one's ones and zeros and some papers.
Speaker 3: There's not a vault.
Speaker 1: It's not the North Carolina Crown jewels aren't in there. Do we have crown We don't have crown jewels.
Speaker 3: That'd be cool if we did, though, but.
Speaker 1: They wouldn't be stored there, not in some not in a building that you basically need a fob to get into or a crowbar.
Speaker 3: Authorities tell I heard Stein's dietem isn't there.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, Governor you think Governor Stein's what is in there? What that doesn't He's not even in the same branch, like it would even make sense. I bet they have a vault over at the Governor's manch and both of them.
Speaker 3: We got two of them.
Speaker 2: For those who don't know have a Western residence. Then we have the main one there.
Speaker 1: According to uh w r L, here it says quote it here's someone took a tour of the retirement system.
Speaker 2: There's not money in there either. What does that mean? Took a tour of the retirement system. They have no reasonablieve anything.
Speaker 1: It was touched though, and only personal items were taken Yeah, that whole thing's weird.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: So they broke into the treasurer's office, rummaged through some desks, access to retire whatever that means, and you don't think anything was stolen.
Speaker 3: Just straight.
Speaker 1: It's probably those hoboes in the woods, man, those hoboes that squatted on our bus right that's you know, that's a two minute walk for them.
Speaker 3: I haven't seen those hoboes in a long time, but that was the thing here for a while because they the ginormous showgram bus was there, the dilapidated bus right right, and there was homeless people live in the woods next to it, and I guess were like, you're just hanging out living on the bus.
Speaker 2: Well, I think the main place where they are is the woods that are directly behind where it's not the best western because I think they're building apartments or something.
Speaker 1: But behind that, I guess which I think there's like a military recruiting office back there. If you go back where that, you know where the daycare is that's on the main road there that you've driven past a thousand times. You know where the you know where the daycare is that you can see from the road. There's woods behind there and a building behind there that I think is like a recruiting office, and then there's just woods and I think that's where the main hobo camp.
Speaker 3: Is back there. Do you want me to infiltrate the camp?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 1: Well, you already said you're wearing seven layers of clothes like that? Would that would seem a very hoboish thing. So I don't know, Ra sed Age. It's not Ray today, right, because Ray took the rest of the week off. Who do we got today? Ken Boon with us today?
Speaker 2: Boy oh boy, little weather comes up and your boy takes of ac very convenient. All right, Well, you're left with the business man. So we were promised all sorts of weirdness across the state yesterday.
Speaker 3: What did we get?
Speaker 9: Yeah, we certainly had some stormy weather across the state yesterday, and in behind it today we're left with sunshine. It'll be windy, chilly day though for us out there today, gusty west winds today we could see some winds gusted up around or even just over thirty miles per hour at times.
Speaker 3: Today.
Speaker 9: Temperature is only going to reach the load to mid fifties here this afternoon, so that's a bit below average clear sky's cold force here tonight, load to mid thirties, a little milder tomorrow as we start to mix some clouds back into the sunshine, close to sixty tomorrow afternoon. Our weekend forecast Saturday certainly the better day. It'll be much warmer Saturday, lots of sunshine, it'll be breezy, and look for afternoon highs at the low to middle part of the seventies. Then another front could bring us a chance of showers overnight Saturday night into Sunday. Cooler Sunday, more clouds than sun to finish the weekend at high Sunday in the middle to upper fifties.
Speaker 2: Alrighty Ken, appreciate it. We'll chat our sir, Thank you very much. All right, seven forty six case O Day Radio program.
Speaker 1: Hang on, we didn't Ross and I didn't watch the Oscars because you know, we had better things to do, like slam our fingers in the doors or something. But Steven has to or at least be knowledgeable, so I don't know, maybe he's got Like I didn't realize the movie the one best picture.
Speaker 2: What's it called a Nora or something like?
Speaker 1: I never it's a I just assumed it was one of these movies we'd also never heard of, and apparently it's just a porno or something.
Speaker 2: I had no idea. I I didn't see the movie. Now.
Speaker 1: The premise of the movie, I guess, is like a gritty pretty woman or something. So the chicks a literal whore and then she meets like a Russian oligarch and then she's.
Speaker 2: Like not anymore or something. But yeah, I hadn't heard it.
Speaker 6: Then.
Speaker 3: I hadn't heard of it either, and I was like, all right, well, maybe you know she's a great actress or something, and you see the highlight reel and it's just her like shaking her ass and like, you know, like you said, being a whore. And well maybe there's like a scene in it where she does some like super emotional acting or something, but that definitely wasn't in the highlight reel.
Speaker 2: No, And I guess the whole first part of the movie is just basically.
Speaker 3: Just nakedness. So I don't know.
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe I will have to dig into this, you know, for the show.
Speaker 3: Maybe I'll have to do that.
Speaker 2: But he can tell us oscar stuff. We got some video game stuff.
Speaker 3: Also. I think Ross might be excited about.
Speaker 1: This, So I saw a rumor was more than a rumor because he's quoted in an article here of Paramount Plus, which has been creating and airing you know, the Star Trek franchise, right, Paramount's got the as the ownership on that, and.
Speaker 2: They've made They've made what was the new one that just sucks? You don't even watch it, but they I guess they can't, right, what was the very latest start?
Speaker 3: There's too many of the list.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there was one that really like the fans are having a problem with. I guess they have a movie they just put up. But I happened to see it on Paramount. I haven't watched it, but this is interesting.
Speaker 3: So apparently.
Speaker 1: William Shatner has been approached by Paramount to do a series that would have him returning as Captain Kirk.
Speaker 2: Are we Is that a good idea?
Speaker 3: I'd be super excited about it. The only thing I'd be like, you know, a little hesitant about is because he's like, what ninety three years old or something, so by the time it'd be done, he'd be like, we recently saw it. John Litgow, he was casted as Dumbledore in the new Harry Potter series in HBO, and even he said, you know, by the time it's over, he's going to be eighty six, So good luck with that. So Shatner's ninety three. So whenever this thing would wrap, there's and I hate to say this because I love William Shatner, but there's a or at least Captain Kirk there's a good chance, right he might not survive. So at that point it becomes from like a producer point of view, maybe that wouldn't be bad because then it brings focus onto the project, sort of like in a branded Lee sort of way. What if they have to? What if they have to? I guess you know.
Speaker 1: The morbid thing is you almost have to shoot a death scene right away, you know what I'm saying, because if not, you run the risk of You remember how awkward it was with what's uh Carrie Fisher when they had to shoehorn in that last scene with her.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it looks very strange. You get the CGI where like there's something missing. It just doesn't seem right. But so are you unfamiliar with the project that he was recently on YouTube where they use CGI to recreate him. No, I have no idea about it. I will send it to you. I can't remember what it's called. It has like a bajillion views, and it looks like him with the spock and ninety percent of it it is like a physical like a real dude. But they sort of like cgi Chatner's face onto the guy and it looks amazing. And that's why Shatner has all this hype.
Speaker 1: Now, Okay, can I just remember how bad the carry Fisher thing was when she had to have the conversation with Ray and it was clear one like the physical picture didn't look the same of the two, like the lighting was off, but also either was not the human connection that is present and albeit something that kind of flies under the radar, but you don't notice it until it's gone. That you never felt like carry Fisher was, or Lea in this case was having a conversation with Ray even though they were having a conversation.
Speaker 3: I just can't.
Speaker 2: I can't put my finger on it.
Speaker 3: So I don't know.
Speaker 2: But do you think that Shatner can still kirk it up?
Speaker 3: Dude? Yeah, no, kirk can k He's amazing. They're like, he's not mobile, he's not either, He's spry, dude.
Speaker 2: Don't you think the Federation would have a mandatory retirement age?
Speaker 3: I mean the latest episode the Star Trek series with Picard that came out a few years ago. Sir Patrick Stewart is like that dude can barely move and he pulled it off, and Shatner seems to be in better physical condition.
Speaker 1: Then I watched an episode of that and I, for some reason, I don't know, it just wasn't doing it for me.
Speaker 2: And I can't remember what it was.
Speaker 1: I think it was a premise of whatever the episode was where it felt I could just feel like they were gonna get political with it.
Speaker 2: I don't know if they eventually.
Speaker 3: Did, but yeah, no, the first two seasons were sort of garbage in that respect, and they're like dropping F bombs, which is super weird for Star Trek. I don't want my Star Trek to have F bombs, Kinna. I want to be able to watch it with my cue.
Speaker 2: Wanted Tarantino to do a Star Wars.
Speaker 3: It's different though. That'd be like an offshoot, like, you know, look at this weird thing, but like to actually have like you know you can and I Star Star Trek and have them dropping f bombs to me, I I'm old school in this way.
Speaker 1: I don't want to see that. But yeah, I don't want to see Scotty running around busting the N word over and over again. Evinced whoever is handling pr for Democrats over the last like three days, is actually the GOP like wearing one of those fake with glasses with the nose and the mustache. And they just don't realize because there's no way you put out that video with twenty five people saying the same thing, act like you acted during the president's speech, and then have the insane follow up quotes where you think it's the sixties and your you know, your freedom fighters, you're running around the.
Speaker 2: South or whatever. Because now have you had a chance to see it there, Russ somebody thought, yes, you have you to yes? And are you inspired?
Speaker 3: Would say, I think it's a huge mistake because it's only a short amount of time before somebody takes them. Because they have their two they're doing like their fighter poses.
Speaker 1: All right, So when you start so I want you to imagine it's like Mortal Kombat. Don't worry, Steven, I'll get to hear in this moment it's like Mortal Kombat and you're doing the character select screen. So when you hover over them, what you know, like their profile picture, then you see a rendition of the character standing there and they're usually bouncing around in a fighter's probably right.
Speaker 3: So they have both of their fists up, their fists are clenched, and they're bouncing up, up and down. And I'm saying, it's not going to be too long before someone takes them. And it makes it look like they're doing something.
Speaker 2: Else like tybou or sure you get anything else you could think of.
Speaker 3: You know, it's going to happen. No, what's that?
Speaker 2: Go ahead, put this into words.
Speaker 3: I don't have to already? Did people know what I'm talking about? And it's going to happen. It's like when they make the air of holding up a piece of paper that someone can just write whatever they want over it, right, like Michelle.
Speaker 2: Holding her little whiteboard yesterday.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, it's so awful.
Speaker 2: I go to Casey on the radio. You'll see it right there. Stephen Kenner NERD correspondent, Let's drag him into this. What's going on?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 2: Have you you've probably not seen this thing, have you?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 4: I was thinking that if you were picking a Democrat for you know, your Mortal Kombat character, they would probably be doing jazz hands when you select them and hover over the Karen one of.
Speaker 1: Them who thinks she's doing shadow boxing looks like it. By the way, if any of these are shadow boxing, I'm picking the shadow right.
Speaker 2: What is their finishing move?
Speaker 3: Do we think?
Speaker 4: Go?
Speaker 3: The one is just squatting up and down.
Speaker 1: I see what Ross is saying, though, Oh that's so bad, man, It's just just the pr it's just not been I normally don't drag you in to talk about politics, but obviously it was a big day up in DC the other day, and that's your grounds up there.
Speaker 4: So well, the theater kids of the Democratic Party are currently in charge, and they're putting on a great show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well they're putting on a show. I don't know if it's particularly productive. You know, most people are still wondering how you don't applaud a thirteen year old who beat cancer by about five and a half years over his prediction. But that's another thing for another day. You want real insanity on display, we got to jump back to Sunday. So on Sunday, unfortunately, both Ross and I had disastrous technological problems, so we're not able to watch the Oscars. But I don't know if I would have made it past the land acknowledgment. But there are a couple things that we should probably talk about first. Anything from the Oscars that stood out to you before I started hitting a couple of bullet points here.
Speaker 4: I mean, I just enjoyed the pro natalism speech of Kieran Culkin.
Speaker 3: That was that was fun.
Speaker 4: You know, the rest was a predictable headache, and you know America is not watching. At some point the OSCARS will be off air and relegated to a streaming service or something like that.
Speaker 3: I guess.
Speaker 1: I guess the Adrian Brodie thing was insufferable too, but thanks that I didn't hear anything about it. How about the how about the part where the best picture is apparently a porno well?
Speaker 2: Or what do you know about this?
Speaker 4: The movie Anora is a movie that tracks the life and journeys of what the Democrats, and I guess Hollywood now call sex workers. We to call those prostitutes. And this movie is relatively sad. I mean, it's about a prostitute who actually manages to fall in love, get married, and then that marriage falls apart with that very rich man, and she returns to returns to her previous life. And in the end there's supposed to be some sort of you know, empowerment, self discovery message, but you know, if you've actually seen Anora, you kind of walk away with the perspective that her life was better when she was married and with someone.
Speaker 2: That she loved.
Speaker 3: I already did.
Speaker 1: They already did the I'm a hooker and then I meet a super rich dude and now I'm not a hooker anymore. Richard Deer did this, Julia Roberts did this. It did pretty well, I believe back in the day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, but not anymore.
Speaker 3: So this is just like the gritty reboot of that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and we've gone a long way. I mean, the cultural change here has been one where we applot and say we honor and celebrate our quote sex workers in these these acceptance speeches, and it's you know, it's just sort of Hollywood being incapable of saying like, you know, actually, we don't think that this is super great. We don't think that it's super great that most people who get into this industry, you know, with is hundreds of billions of dollars every year pornography and prostitution. That these are usually people who are abused as children. A lot of young girls who had horrible, horrible upbringings, were abused before they were age fifteen get into these lines of work, and the posture of Hollywood is to honor and celebrate what they're doing. It's just a lot of changed, a lot has changed, and I just kind of I kind of don't know how to stomach what has happened.
Speaker 1: And well, it's different from a liberty so it's difficult from a libertarian standpoint, right because, like I feasibly if some twenty year old girl wants to go online and start a channel showing off for her bits, I I'm not going to go protest against it, do you know what I'm saying? Because I still it's still the empowerment of the individual.
Speaker 2: But we can't, like you can't pretend why, you know, the psychological reasoning that goes into it, whether it's that or there's some.
Speaker 3: There's some addiction.
Speaker 1: Look are there people out there they're doing it because they feel empowered by it?
Speaker 4: I guess, I mean, I guess. But something that's just changed again is the celebration of it. I mean, did you see this thing about Denise Richards, famous for the movie Wild Things from nineteen ninety eight with net Campbell. You know, Denise Richards is now on OnlyFans, you know, which is basically just stripping online for money for subscribers, and she followed her daughter onto Only Fans. Her daughter wanted to make money for herself and have her own income, and so she is prostituting herself out on an app called OnlyFans, and Denise Richards posted a video celebrating her daughter's choice to make money for herself, even though presumably she's a rich kid who has plenty of money at home. And Denise Richards is now joining her on the app. And this is aligned with another huge controversy from just a couple of weeks ago, or this other woman on Only Fans, Lily Phillips. You know, she slept with one hundred men and twenty four hours and her mom was the manager of the experience. Her mom was pimping her out on this website and managing the money. And then you cut to Hollywood and they're celebrating sex work, and you wonder why and how we got to this place and our culture where we applause.
Speaker 2: Because you have kids out well, and because once you once you've embraced all the decency you know that's out there, that's possible, and you've embraced any lifestyle choice where somebody wants to a round and go, you know, I'm a frog now right, and you're just like, all right, cool, you're a frog. You can't you can't gate keep the other stuff.
Speaker 3: So so you end up for her.
Speaker 2: By the way, do you see what Lily Phillips is doing now, We just talked about this on the show earlier.
Speaker 3: Her latest stunt.
Speaker 4: No, No, it's probably sad. What is it.
Speaker 1: She's going to senior facilities in the VA and finding like eighty year old dudes who want to shoot content with her. And they had like a video of her with these three guys just grit an ear from ear obviously not while they're shooting content.
Speaker 2: But the one dude's got to walk her. I don't know how she didn't kill him, so, but that's the thing.
Speaker 1: And she's going because she understands how shocking it is for people to see their people on there with their arm around her getting ready to shoot porn like so it's the shock value coupled with the fact that she'll probably make a gazillion dollars doing it and where's these guys and.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and she'll be cheered on for doing it, and someone will say that she's providing some sort of service to elderly people who no longer get this kind of thing. It's I mean, this is just completely off the rails and we've we've lost our way.
Speaker 3: This is so how do we go?
Speaker 1: If you shoot it thematically, like say, so she's on Let's say she's on the beach right naked and these and all of a sudden the landing craft pulls up and here come three dudes, one with a walker out and then you know, being you go to scene like, I don't know, maybe that's what she's gonna do. I have not seen any of it. But uh, let me flip over to a few other things, because obviously this is not why we brought you on. Sorry, you just got to of course, Stephen got just absolutely hijack this whole thing here, all right, So let's talk Star Wars Star Trek because we've got a few stories here, and let's start.
Speaker 4: With Ah, yes, Star Wars, of course.
Speaker 1: Or we talk about Star Wars, which is a movie. I can send you a link, but we'll go to Star star Wars and we'll start. We'll start there with the series and Or. Now, this is one of the few series that even people who aren't mad at literally everything they're doing, are not necessarily opposed to. And it's one that they haven't just put a put a knife into already like they did with a few others.
Speaker 2: So where are we going from here?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I mean so and Or season two. This is one of the most popular series that Star Wars has has has had. So this show follows Cassie and and Or and the birth of the Rebel Alliance before the movie Rogue one, which is considered by large one of the great Disney Star Wars era films. For Star Wars and Or season one was applauded by almost every critic on the market and enjoyed by Star Wars audiences. People love this show. It is HBO style programming for Star Wars. And Season two comes out in April. It's gonna be a It's gonna be a big one. And it is this weird piece of evidence that with director Tony Gilroy shooting this show that. You know, Disney can make great Star Wars content, they just choose not to ninety percent of the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think that that is in question.
Speaker 1: So do you think that that inspires them to get Like I haven't even heard the buzz on any new shows. It almost feels like we're just in this pause, like they don't know what to do with it. And then I saw one I saw one of them complaining that there's quote, it's really hard to make Star Wars because there's no Cannon books to go after. Isn't that their own fault? Didn't they didn't they undo Cannon on all of those books, because there's tons of Star Wars books that were considered canon and now or not right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, absolutely, You know this is this goes back to when Disney first took over Star Wars and Lucasfilm. Kathleen Kennedy mentioned that they didn't have a lot to go off of, and Star Wars fans all balked, you know, like you threw everything out the window, which you know, I'm a defender of decanonizing everything that came before and classifying it as legends. I think that's the only way to purchase such a massive ip like Star Wars and then actually be able to work with it in a constructive way. You got to start with a blank slate, but there's always material, and you're going to see some of that material in and Or season two. There's you know, a very famous incident in Star Wars legends called the Gorman Massacre, which is, you know, just Empire open firing on a crowd of civilians and Grand Moth Tarkan from the original Star Wars landing his star destroyer on the crowd, which is not great, but it helps, it helps spark. It helped spark the rebellion in a much bigger way, and that is going to be depicted in and Or season two. It's probably going to be pretty pretty grizzly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well you're gonna have to go gritty there, And if Lily Phillips does that, you could call it the Horman Massacre.
Speaker 4: So you were you were waiting for that one.
Speaker 1: No, but if you're gonna if you're gonna tee him up, I'm gonna swing at him. And then on the other side of the nerd hierarchy, apparently paramount who owns the uh uh you know the uh I p for Star Trek, and you know they've been putting some stuff out apparently. I had a conversation with William Shatner, who then talked about possibly returning as Captain Kirk. Do you think that's a good idea considering the age that we're dealing with here.
Speaker 4: I don't think that it's it's a good idea. I don't think that it's super cute when they always drag people out of retirement to come back and do stuff. So I'm highly opposed, But I also don't have a dog in the nerd fight of Star Trek, and I would definitely refer to your correspondent Roth. I'm sure he has some stronger opinions about it.
Speaker 2: He's willing to do it. But when we were talking about it, there's two things.
Speaker 1: One you almost have to shoot Chatt Kirk's death scene, you know, is just to have it, because I still to this day can't get over the awkwardness that was that scene where Carrie Fisher's talking to Ray at the end that they had to essentially create out of nothing, and he never felt that physical connection.
Speaker 2: Even the lighting was different. The whole thing was just weird, and I won't deal with any of those anymore.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think we've pretty much just gone off the cliff of what South Park used to call Member Berry's. We just always need the nostalgia boost, the remember this one time, this happened twenty thirty, forty fifty years ago in Star Trek. Let's revisit that for a little emotional charge. And it's never as good as you think it's going to be. I'm a big fan of keeping people in retirement and moving.
Speaker 3: On with life.
Speaker 1: All right, less than a minute they a theater collapsed during a showing of the new Captain America movie.
Speaker 3: How lucky did those people get? Huh? Yeah, what a nightmare?
Speaker 4: I mean, how how do you how do you have a theater collapse in the United States? I mean, was this in West Virginia? Was this in Washington?
Speaker 1: The gods wild. Yeah, there's poor people going out in there. They're about to be subjected to two hours of that and then fate intervened so they escaped. Yeah, yeah, pretty good for them. All right, we didn't even get to half the stuff, But that's how it goes. Steve and I I appreciate it, And well we'll talk next.
Speaker 3: Week, Okay, Big Acy all right, there you go.
Speaker 1: Stephen Kent are a nerd and Lily Phillips correspondent apparently, so he knows some stuff and now we know some more, as do you. All right coming up on the show, we got another half hour to go, hang loose back in a few Ross. Apparently Hamilton has canceled their upcoming run, which was supposed to I'm supposed to start here this week for the next month and a half at the Kennedy Center because Orange Man bat so, uh, he's gonna have to do drag shows. I guess they're whatever they're gonna fill it with because Trump made it political. Okay, all right, well.
Speaker 3: Whatever what Wait they're saying that Trump made a musical called Hamilton about Hamilton political.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, he made the Kennedy Center.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, I about to say, yeah.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't even surprise me, because they don't do politics at Hamilton.
Speaker 3: Yeah, or at the Kennedy Center.
Speaker 1: Definitely, not right, no, not definitely, not at the Kennedy Center, but especially at the at the Hamilton people. All right, hold on, Ross texting me something earlier. Oh no, oh, the head of Lesotho's upset. Huh, well he did say that, all right, So do you guys know what Lesotho is?
Speaker 3: I wasn't even I wasn't even sure how to pronounce it. To be honest, I.
Speaker 2: Don't know that I'm pronouncing it correctly.
Speaker 1: I do know what it is, and I actually do know where it is, but that's only because I'm really weird about geographical stuff and I have the weird photo memory and stuff.
Speaker 2: But like most people, don't.
Speaker 3: Know that what it is or even that it is a thing. I had never heard of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's one of these enclaves that is literally perched up within South Africa.
Speaker 3: There's two of them.
Speaker 2: You know, it's its own thing there, all right? So Trump?
Speaker 1: Uh So, the minister Prime Minister of Lesotho is upset because Trump insulted the country by saying nobody's ever heard of them.
Speaker 3: I that's true, though.
Speaker 2: Remember again, it goes down to the words nobody's ever heard of them.
Speaker 3: Maybe that's not accurate.
Speaker 1: Most people haven't remember, we have we have age groups, we have whole generations in our country that doesn't know what the Holocaust is. So do you think that you think they're up on the story of one of the African nations that's not a new one and is actually a really really small one, which and it's literally just.
Speaker 2: An enclave within South Africa. Do you think people are all up on the geography there? Probably not?
Speaker 1: How didn't even when was it actually even given full status because it used to be a kingdom? And I look, and I understand you're dealing with ethnic groups within it, all right, So I just wanted to see here, Yeah, nineteen sixty six. I did not know when it finally got its own independence nineteen sixty siths And it's like a lot of places in Africa, you're dealing with an individualized ethnic group, the Sothos.
Speaker 3: And you know, one of the one of the.
Speaker 1: Hallmarks of Africa, unfortunately, is there's a lot of really really dark stuff when you have two very specific, unique ethnic groups, especially ones that don't like them. And I'll give you a pretty good example of this. You've heard of Rwanda, right, Roz. You've heard of Rwanda at least, yes, I have. Okay, is it because it was a movie at first?
Speaker 3: Yes it was? And then you'll learn about the genocide from the movie, right.
Speaker 1: And and the reasoning was is you had two ethnic groups who didn't like each other, the Hutus and the tutsis right, and then you have you know, cockroach radio, you have everything that went down, you had all the machete en right, you had all of these things. So Lesotho was just one example of what they have done geographically within the continent of Africa to attempt to not.
Speaker 3: Have that stuff happen. But I'm not weighing one way.
Speaker 1: Or the other, like I don't care that they're a country or or they're not. I'm just trying to explain to you why this is.
Speaker 3: As it is.
Speaker 2: However, most people don't know about it.
Speaker 3: The fact that you have to go into so much detail to explain it, it shows that most people don't know what it is. And then when Trump brings it up yesterday, it was during his he was talking about, you know, Elon Muskin doze and yes, ridiculous ways that we've wasted money in the budget. He brought it up, and I don't remember specifically what the money went to for that country or whatever, but his delivery was funny. It was funny, and it was a good point. Most people have not heard of it.
Speaker 1: Now how many, by the way, how many countries are there in Africa. This is a lot of people don't realize how many countries there are in Africa. It's a pretty big number.
Speaker 3: If I asked.
Speaker 1: You to name ten countries, you might be able to get ten countries. There's fifty four countries in Africa, fifty four.
Speaker 2: It's fifty four.
Speaker 3: It's fifty four.
Speaker 2: There's fifty four countries in Africa, right, so there's a lot of little ones you haven't heard of, things like Lesotho and others.
Speaker 1: But I don't think it was quite the slight. If anything, it was helpful. How many people now have some semblance of an understanding of what a Lesotho is.
Speaker 2: Because they went and looked it up. They're like, oh, it's a tiny little enclave they're in South Africa. Was carved out about, you know, back in the sixties, so people didn't murder every each other. Right now, somebody's telling me that Africa is fifty seven.
Speaker 3: I I was fifty four, said fifty four.
Speaker 1: Gross Rock agrees with me. Somebody said me, know, it's fifty seven. Well, my point is not whether there's fifty seven or fifty four. It's that most people wouldn't know that there's more than fifty and that's not necessarily a failure of geography. It's just the reality of things, especially when you get over especially when you get over to Europe Africa to some extent, but over in Europe where you have all these little enclaves, A lot of people don't know that there's you know, within the country of Italy there's there's two other countries, and within Italian territory there's three.
Speaker 2: So those are those are things, right, So you know, people were learning, people learn more information.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't know that you should be that upset.
Speaker 1: And every now and then the leaders of one of these countries will come over to America to find a queen.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you're aware of this ross. Were you aware of this?
Speaker 3: I have seen a documentary about this before.
Speaker 1: Yes, but they don't they don't just they don't come over with the big parade and all the servants and all the rest of it. No, no, no, you're not gonna find You're not gonna find somebody who truly.
Speaker 3: Loves you that way.
Speaker 1: You gotta you gotta go, you know, get a nine to five or whatever and and find somebody who loves you for you. Even though back at the palace, you have an entire bathtub full of women just to wash your you know nother regions which seemed like an amazing perk. And Lesotho is a primarily Christian nation too. So just looking up a couple of little stats here, all right, I got about two million people there you go. I think it was quite the slight that you think it is, sir, But I'm very sorry you're upset. US toy manufacturing companies say they are absolutely overwhelmed as orders.
Speaker 2: Within the industry started to flow in.
Speaker 1: This is this is all the terriff related stuff, MGA Entertainment, which makes brats and.
Speaker 2: Lol, surprised, all, what the hell is an?
Speaker 3: Lol? Surprised? All.
Speaker 2: I have no idea what that is.
Speaker 3: I know what the Little Tights.
Speaker 1: Brand is, though, which is I guess one of the other ones. The manufacturer, which is based in Hudson, Ohio, but does a lot of manufacturing there. I guess in Canada is responding to not just this this little tariff thing, but potentially future problems.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 1: And they just go through a bunch of toys. Here have these toys I don't even recognize. I don't have kids, so I don't know these little noise makers are not sitting around my house. What are you gonna do with the what's the ultimate? Now, the ultimate little Tykes toy? Correct me if I'm wrong? Is the little plat is the plastic car?
Speaker 3: Right? Not one of the motorized ones I think? Yeah, you're talking about the red and yellow one. I think every Yeah, the red yellow one.
Speaker 2: Reuse your legs to push it like you're by your Fred Flintstone.
Speaker 3: Did you have one of those in Wyoming? Yeah? Yeah, I think everybody had one.
Speaker 2: Why would you think we wouldn't have one in Wyoming?
Speaker 3: I don't know. Dangerous there. You can fall off a mountain or something.
Speaker 2: You could and and that's and that and then all the dumb kids. It's good for the gene poolk that thing and a bear comes up and you're trapped in there. Yeah, but a bear can't get in there, right because guy?
Speaker 3: See that's what I'm asking man, because it's a different in cultures here. Yeah, I'm just curious, now, you got that's what you gotta do. Man.
Speaker 1: They have one that looks like a little tractor. We had that one, because of course we did. But yeah, they're red and yellow one too, those are absolute legend, man, So now I guess they're gonna have to figure out how to get produced here in the US.
Speaker 3: All right, let's do this.
Speaker 1: Let's get Ken Moon from the weather channel here. He's uh, he's hanging out. All right, my man, give us some good news.
Speaker 3: We need some good news.
Speaker 9: Okay, Well, we've got certainly some quieter weather over the next several days that we had yesterday. A little chili out there today, but temperatures do warm up, and if you're looking towards the weekend, seventy three degrees possible on Saturday. So sunny sky's out there today, a bit chili and windy win's gusting out of the west. High temperature's mid fifties, down around freezing tonight. Let's win tomorrow and a little milder as we approach sixty, increasing after doon clouds. And then for the weekends Saturday sunshine, breasy, warmer, loaded a seventies and then a chance of showers though Saturday night into Sunday as we finished the weekend, cooler Sunday, mid fifties.
Speaker 1: All right, appreciate it, sir, have a good one, and we will come back and chat with Jeff Bellinger from Bloomberg News. Next with Jeff Bellinger, Jeff, What's happening?
Speaker 7: Good morning? Case no real drama. In the Labor Department's weekly tally of first time claims for unemployment benefits, two hundred and twenty one thousand new applications were counted. That was down from the previous week, but we know the headline number does not reflect layoffs of federal workers. They are reported separately in the report, and for last week, the number of claims tripled to sixteen hundred thirty four from six hundred and fourteen the prior week. Automakers are getting a month long reprieved from the White House. President Trump agreed to exempt car companies from the tariffs that were imposed this week on goods imported from Canada and Mexico. The temporary exemption granted after auto industry leaders said they needed more time to work out plans for moving more investment and production to the US. Walmart, putting pressure on some Canadia correction Chinese suppliers. Giant retailer is looking for major price reductions to help offset the cost of new tariffs on goods imported from China. Walmart said to be asking for reductions of up to ten percent, or to say it is getting some strong pushback. Boeing's chief executive expects to get a near full from workers. At the aerospace giant, Kelly Ortberg made a company wide address saying he wants to hear what employees have to say, even if their comments are brutal to company leaders. McDonald's restaurants will get a technology makeover, an executive of the fast food giant told The Wall Street Journal. Step one will be to add Internet connected kitchen equipment, artificial intelligence powered drive throughs, and AI tools for managers. And Casey, a new kind of social platform could be introduced soon. He is a startup conceived by Ev Williams, who co founded Twitter. Williams says Mosey will be a private social network designed to encourage more in person meetings. The app will alert users whenever they and the people in their contact list happen to be in the same city. Williams will be showing off this new feature at a trade show in Austin this weekend.
Speaker 2: Casey, that sounds awful. I don't want the people on Twitter knowing if I'm nearby.
Speaker 3: Them, well, then don't download the app see some.
Speaker 2: Of the weirdos on there. No, thank you, all right, all right, thank you much, Jeff.
Speaker 3: Okay, you have a good day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the whole plant of social media. See, don't have to see people in person?
Speaker 3: Am I wrong?
Speaker 4: Here?
Speaker 3: Ross?
Speaker 1: You want to go hang out with all of your Twitter followers, Not that you mind them, but you want to go have a party with them just because you happen to be in proximity because you're getting groceries.
Speaker 3: And I appreciate everybody, but I'm very busy here.
Speaker 2: Ross is so busy, you guys so busy? You know, Alice is busy?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: DeAngelo Covington from this is Saint Louis, a Missouri man, has been charged for the second time this year. And I would remind you we are two months and six days into this year, so he's been a busy boy. Has been charged for the second time in a year after witnesses say he hooked up with a train seat on the metrolink.
Speaker 2: I guess which must be their light rail there in Saint Louis. I'm not super familiar.
Speaker 4: What.
Speaker 1: According to police, Covington was witnessed by multiple people because there's people sitting in this train car. Witnessed entering the train car, dropping trow and then proceeding to make sweet sweet whoopee with a train seat that I guess apparently there's a hole in it, because I did he put that there? Is it just a maintenance issue on your trains? Have questions, but I also don't have questions because I don't know that. I want to know have you thought about filling.
Speaker 2: That hole and not him?
Speaker 1: Obviously he's thought a lot about this because he's done it twice. Which is also another insane thing. You have how many train seats are on a train, all the train seats, and it's this one. Also, why don't you tell us which one it is? Wouldn't you want to know if you're somebody who rides this light rail on the regular.
Speaker 2: That that's maybe not a seat you want to sit in.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: The other component, apparently when they arrested him, he's like, hey, I just did all the drugs. So there's a little bit of that going on here, but this guy's just a nuisance.
Speaker 3: So he was arrested.
Speaker 2: On the twenty fifth, so it's been.
Speaker 3: About a week.
Speaker 2: I don't know why this story is just now coming out it's literally dated yesterday.
Speaker 1: But also he did it on the thirteenth, I guess on the thirteenth was the first time they called.
Speaker 2: And and then he's like, oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: This seat's amazing, and he just he couldn't control his lust, and he was back at it, according to witness witnesses, including a woman who filmed a roughly ten minute video, all right, here's the other thing. So you're just sitting there watching this go for ten minutes, filming this thing dead? Huh you didn't think that, like thirty seconds of video.
Speaker 3: Might have been good enough. He used to mock me for that take.
Speaker 2: What do you mean, you know, because your take is different. Your take is like justifying it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like they're the purs they're filming it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean clearly she was filming it, so she had this to turn authorities.
Speaker 3: But for ten minutes, That's what I'm wondering, because all I need.
Speaker 1: Look, if I'm on mass transit and you start hooking up with uh, you know, an inanimate object on there in full view of everybody.
Speaker 2: One, I'm probably not shooting video. I'm just gonna assume there's video. But two, I'm sure as hell not shooting it for ten minutes. I'm not ten minutes curious how that's going for you don't want to know. And again I'm gonna rememorize the seat so I never sit there.
Speaker 3: Right, you're working, you're working on the lighting, and you're working on the you know with snapchat filter do you want? And let's feed the guy a donut or something.
Speaker 1: You think Lily Phillips is going to ride the train dressed as an inanimate chair.
Speaker 3: For my next project. Yeah, oh that is so yeh.
Speaker 2: All right, so they got they got weirdos.
Speaker 1: Of plenty there And finally, I just saw this on psychology today. A new study says that attractive women receive more attention from.
Speaker 2: Men if you catch them a drift that kind of uh. Then unattractive women