Speaker 1: Nothing like some Tracy Chapman in the Dodger Clubhouse before Game two of this three game series. And we're joined right now by Max Munsey, who saved the day in a lot of ways in the ninth inning with his defense. Max, thanks a lot.
Speaker 2: For the time. Yeah, good, good to see you again.
Speaker 1: How much do you know about Tracy Chapman, Moncie.
Speaker 2: I know it's a good song. I don't even know any more than that.
Speaker 1: No, that's all you need to know before we talk about the ninth inning last night. What's it like for you and just the guys that we're.
Speaker 2: Here in twenty to come back again.
Speaker 3: And this place is always gonna be special, you know, for me, it's multiple reasons.
Speaker 2: It's home.
Speaker 3: You know, I grew up coming, not to necessarily to this stadium, but to the old stadium for you know, twenty twenty five years.
Speaker 2: Grew up coming to that stadium, and so this place will always be special for that reason.
Speaker 3: And then too, getting that World Series, the circumstances around that World Series, you know, being stuck with everybody in the hotel for forty straight days.
Speaker 2: You know, I just this this.
Speaker 3: Place will always be special for those reasons, and you know, it's really cool to come back here for you know, the the group of guys that we're here.
Speaker 2: And it's also always.
Speaker 3: Fun to come back here with Freddy because we get to you know, we to throw a couple of jabs at Freddy, you know, hay Rim when you guys were up three to one and the end of the losing.
Speaker 2: You know, it's just fun to do that. So this this place will always have a special place.
Speaker 1: It's funny you brought up Freddie yesterday. Blake Trenton pulled up the video of the pitch he served up to Freddy that he thought was a home run in Game seven, and Mookie robbed him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was a good but it was we were all fired up at that point, and you know that was that was Freddie was on fire that season in that playoffs especially, he was doing some damage to us, and so you know, for that ball to not find a way over the fence, that was a pretty big moment for us.
Speaker 1: Max Monthsey is our guest. All right, let's go back to last night the ninth inning. You made two amazing plays. The first one you were able to get your old buddy Seeger at second base. I know you've put in a lot of work, but for you to stick with the process and be the hero with your glove, I'm sure that meant a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was. It was a big night for us. It was a good one.
Speaker 3: You know, Yama was unbelievable and it's it's one of those things where with Yama this year, the way he's been pitching, we feel like anytime he's on the mound, we're just in total control out there. And that's kind of how last night fell. I know it was a one to nothing game, but it just felt like we were in complete control of that game. And that's just the kind of confidence that he's pitching with on the mound, and that also instills into all of us on defense. And you know, bullpen came in, did their job, and you know, for me to to to close it out that way, that was that.
Speaker 2: Was you know, big moment for me.
Speaker 3: And like I said, I haven't put in a lot of work, and you know, I've been feeling great over there. I know I've had a couple of mistakes, but those were on the you know, the throwing front, which is usually not the issue for me.
Speaker 2: But that's just that's just the way baseball goes sometimes.
Speaker 1: Hey, Max, the difference last night was that you and your infieldmates played through whatever the umpire was gonna call. What did you see on that ground ball? And reacting to that ground ball from Josh Young that turned into end the game.
Speaker 3: Well, you play until the empire tells you otherwise, especially on defense. And know with that play down the line, he's right there in my ear, and so I fielded the ball, and I I was pretty positive it was a foul ball. And you know, I wasn't entirely ready to make that play, but I didn't hear him say anything.
Speaker 2: He's right there in my ear, and so I turned and.
Speaker 3: Fired at the second and you know, I was able to get the guy in time, and you know then he wasn't running down the line, so that worked out for us. But yeah, it's just one of those things where we have to play until until the umpire tells you otherwise. And uh, yeah, that was definitely a very strange, very strange ball. I was positive as foul. But you go back and look at the replay and I think he I think he got the call right.
Speaker 1: I guess that it's time for me to go because Austin Barnes is over here, right the hero of the twenty twenty World Series. I think he still has the baseball in his back pocket right now.
Speaker 2: He might, Yeah, I think he's.
Speaker 3: I think he switched it out here. I think he gave back a fake one and he kept the real one.
Speaker 1: You know that, That's what I would do at least. Hey, that's Riverside Street smarts right there.
Speaker 3: Well, you gotta do what you gotta do, you know, and uh and that in that case, that would definitely be something that I would do.
Speaker 2: You know, that's a special ball. You got hold on that one. I love it.
Speaker 1: Great play, Grete ninth Inning, Max, and obviously everybody in this room believes in you and keep going.
Speaker 2: Thanks David,