Speaker 1: Welcome to the Minnesota. Goodbye.
Speaker 2: Dave's going to be off this week, so send your emails in for Bailey and I and then Vont. Maybe I'll be on some of them TBD. He's got lots of work he likes to do while we record this. So if there is one specific thing though you're dying to know about Vond, we'll make sure he's on the Minnesota.
Speaker 1: Good bath at that.
Speaker 2: Okay, starting off with this one and says, Hey, this is my first time emailing you guys, so hopefully I got the right email you did. Congratulations. I have many questions, but I figure i'll start with this one. What are some of your favorite budget friendly tips? I bet Jenny has many, but I'll open it to you all. It's so tough not to have roommates in this society, and I need to save as many penny as as possible. Even the silliest suggestions will do Loel all right, Erica, That comes from Erica. Okay, So in general budget friendly tips that I have is I do pay attention to every little thing. I pay attention to gas prices. For instance. Just went on a road trip this past week. A lot of people just pull into a gas station when they need gas.
Speaker 1: I do not.
Speaker 2: I actually like will watch and see where the cheapest one is. Or if I see one price and then the next one is more, and then the next one is like the same as that one, I know it's probably only going to get more expensive most likely. And I'm really referencing, like if I'm on a road trip right now. Yeah, So that's one thing. One thing that isn't like a general budget tip, but if you're a traveler, you so if you're looking on Airbnb and it says that the host sounds like a company name instead of it's like hosted by Jen but instead it says like hosted by Cascade Rentals or Cascade Vacation or something, google that company and book straight through them because you will avoid the airbnbfees then so it will be cheaper. Almost ninety percent of the time. If I see an Airbnb and I can tell it's a vacation rental company, I will go to that company website and book through them.
Speaker 1: Nice, that's smart. I mean, I have a costco membership.
Speaker 3: I definitely recommend a costco membership because you can freeze a lot of the food that you're not eating. It does suck when you are one singular person with a Costco membership, because there's no way you will ever eat the amount of food that you get. But if you can, you know, freeze preserve or whatever. That's how I save on food at least. And I get literally all of my gas from Costco because Costco is usually like twenty cents less, and so even if I am not near my hometown Costco, I will look up on Google Maps, like where's the closest Costco if I need gas. My mom uses the upside app too when we go on like road trippy kind of vacation type things, because you can save quite a decent amount of money on the Upside app as well. Other than that, I'm like, I just don't spend a lot of money. I mean, the majority of my money goes to like performing arts, and I never pay a full price for a theater ticket ever. I always get rush tickets or I go on to pay what you can night. So I don't know if you're one of those types of people. But there's always like discounts, there's codes for everything. I will never buy anything full price. It has to be on sale or like a percentage off of sale price if I'm buying like clothing or I'm thrifting everything. So I think if you just go into it, like a rule is to never buy anything full price, I think that's so exatly.
Speaker 2: And also, like something that I'll do is if I know I need something in the future, but I don't need it in that moment, but I see this insane deal, I buy it in that moment still because I know that that is going to save me money. So for instance, maybe you need some laundry detergent and it's on sale, but you literally have half a container left, I'll buy it when I see the sale price versus just when I last minute need it. Yeah, because chances of it being on sale might be slim at that point.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's a lot of like planning ahead. I feel like, is what can really help you with like budget? Yes, just planning ahead And would I would challenge you to do a spreadsheet of your monthly expenses because for a while I was working with a business consultant and it really mapped out how much I was spending on everything, And I mean like we dove into every single little detail, and so I was able to compute it in this XL document then to see like, hey, I can only spend this much on groceries, and I'm very aware now and I literally take notes in my phone of how much I'm spending on groceries and it forces me to eat then the food that I have, not just like being.
Speaker 1: Like I want to make this meal tonight, I'm going to go to the store. I want more stuff. Yeah. So hopefully that helps you out, Erica.
Speaker 2: If anyone else has some tips, you're welcome to email us in and we'll read some of them on here.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: Next to emails, this High Morning Show team a couple of obscure questions for you. One, you've been chosen to be the first person to colonize Mars, but you can only bring one board game?
Speaker 1: What is it? Okay? These are like daily Bailey questions. Think think of your answer. This.
Speaker 2: This comes from Taylor, and Taylor says, one of the only board games I love is Scategories. So that is one hundred percent the one I would bring, Bailey.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, it's hard because I want to think, Oh, Mancala does Mancala count as a board game? I?
Speaker 1: Okay, here's very quick side story.
Speaker 3: When I was in elementary school, we had a Mancala board and I was like the best man Cala player at school, and during like recess or whatever, I would play Mancala and people would go against me and I would always beat them. And one time this girl like she was like, Okay, well I'm gonna beat you. It's gonna happen. And we played half a game and she got up to use the bathroom and she never came back because I was annihilating her.
Speaker 1: Cola. Yeah, she would want to face the truth. Oh man, Cola is so fun. So I'm going to pick Jenny. I used to play that with my mom all the time.
Speaker 2: That's not what I choose, Honestly, I feel like if I had to play it all the time, I need something that's like more stimulating to my brain. However, my first initial thought was sorry, and so I think I'm gonna go with Sorry, But I feel like, realistically I should choose Monopoly because there's just like so much more.
Speaker 1: Complexity to it. Sad though, like Monopoly is not a game.
Speaker 2: But I feel like, you know, like Sorry doesn't take a lot of brain power, true, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: However, I love it, okay, and then she has one more question.
Speaker 2: If your fantasy football team name were based on your biggest irrational fear, what would it be. Mine would be wearing socks on wet floors. Oh my gosh, so funny.
Speaker 3: That's a hilarious one. Mine is easy, very easy for me. I have an irrational fear of white bald men with sunken in eyes. Scares the shit out of me. I think you've talked about this before, but it still shocks.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: I just like I could think about them, and if I think about them too much, I'll cry, so I can't. But yeah, that's my fantasy football team will be called white bald men with sunken in eyes.
Speaker 1: And mine would be.
Speaker 2: Centipedees coming up into my butthole from the toilet, because anytime I flushed a spider or sen aped or anything, the next time I sit on that toilet, I'm like, oh, it's gonna come.
Speaker 1: Back up, because sometimes they do.
Speaker 3: You swear like you flush it down or you like put it down the drain in the sink and it crawls back back and you're like, you didn't drown, Yeah, how did.
Speaker 1: You not drown?
Speaker 3: So there think about set a peds up a buttthole.
Speaker 2: Yep, Taylor, thank you so much. That was a funny email.
Speaker 1: Appreciate it all right.
Speaker 2: This person says, don't say my name because I could get terminated. Oh golly, okay, so we'll get into this. I am your friendly airline employee. This year marks twenty seven years in five different positions at my airline. The evil that can become people when they enter the quote airport zone is real. This is, in my opinion, one of the only places people think they can verbally and physically abuse the workers to an extraordinary degree. I have been verbally assaulted countless times, as well as physically pushed by a very tall man because our flight was late arriving due to maintenance, he missed his connection in the next flight was way too over sold to book him on it. The bigger problem wasn't him him assaulting me. It was my supervisor who saw the whole thing, apologizing to him and bringing him into the world club. She was demoted after that, but damage done because this man got away with and rewarded for this bad behavior because the supervisor identified with him lovely, so future him will continue to exude this in the future. Airline peeps to say their brains get sucked out from those doors where you feel the whoosh, but honestly, it happens when they make the reservation. I have first hand experience with each and every kind of jerk, including those who want to mess with your pickups.
Speaker 1: I don't know what that means.
Speaker 2: You all can ask me questions whenever you need clarification on things. I have worked ticket counter, the gates, the ramp, the sky clubs, and now I am in operations in our tower. I met you all once come to came to the sky Needles studio in my uniform back when Fallon and Steve were on the show and you had the benilled Saint Mary, Oh, Saint Margaret choir saying the parody.
Speaker 1: Song I always had in my head.
Speaker 2: Anyways, if you need an airline liasion liaison, sorry, I'm your girl, just can't say my name, and I can be your background info person.
Speaker 1: Thanks. Y'all so obviously want to take dang.
Speaker 2: So the only thing I'll say is that this is a female who email then and the fact that a fucking guy physically pushed you and then was rewarded is so disgusting to me. Thank goodness that your supervisor got demoted, because that is fucking insane.
Speaker 1: The customer is not always right.
Speaker 2: I refuse to believe that, as yes, I've worked service industry jobs and stuff, but honestly, that was never shoved down my throat as like a service industry person. Yeah, it was just a like, yeah, they're probably not right, but just like deal with it kind of vibe, you know. Yeah, but that's messed up, and I'm so sorry that you had to deal with that.
Speaker 1: That's crazy.
Speaker 3: I love that you said, though, that the wush after going into the the plane or the after coming out of the plane is what sucks your brain out and makes you stupid.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 3: I feel that, Yeah, that sucks. I I have a hard respect for everyone who works at airports, though. Granted, anytime I go through TSA and I get a grumpy TSA agent, I'm like.
Speaker 1: Come on, please be nice.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But other than that, I always me and the people like working at the little counter when they you know, check your ticket or whatever, we always KEI key, it's really great time.
Speaker 1: I also have a great time with the people who work at the airport.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, I really don't feel like I've ever like I'm always a very friendly, pleasant person. But do you say people are almost always super friendly? Like I feel like there's a stereotype of like, I mean, there is a stereotype of like get just jue.
Speaker 1: You know, like that stuff.
Speaker 2: But but like that shit's funny when they're like yelling stuff like that.
Speaker 1: And then I do something wrong and I'm like, yeah, I'm an idiot and I always do something wrong. They'll be like, take all your liquids out of your bag, and I think I've got liquid in my bag. Yeah, anyway, I'll just push this through anyway, And I said, your liquid out your bag. I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: Oh man, but hey, power to you that you work at an airport, because woof, I don't think.
Speaker 1: I can do no.
Speaker 2: I yeah, that's a job. I don't think I could either. Okay, another email of this one. It comes about great crazy things my dog ate. So this person says, our last dog was a large black mastiff and man, we love that dog. When she passed away unexpectedly at the age of seven, the place she went for doggy daycare sent a card. Actually too, because there were over sixty names and cute stories about her written in it all. Anyways, she would eat crazy stuff. Two things specifically, my sister in law had bought fancy easter butter in the shape of a bunny, and she ate that whole easter butter.
Speaker 3: Geez.
Speaker 2: I chased her around the house saying drop it, but she just gulped it down. Had diarrhea for two days. Another time we thought she was acting off, but she was still eating and drinking and pooping, so we weren't too concerned.
Speaker 1: Then she actually threw up an entire to molly husk.
Speaker 2: If you don't know what that is, it looks like a corn husk and is about six inches long and four inches wide. She had not it had not been digested at all, and must have been sitting in her esophagus the entire ten days we had last had to Mollie's. Obviously she was trash diving.
Speaker 1: Couldn't believe it. Crazy silly dog. Anyways.
Speaker 2: I love dogs, as you can tell, and hope Dave gets another Josie. Such great company dogs are I love your show. Nope, no dart licking, but no judgment either with a smiley face.
Speaker 1: Oh, that dog was really testing it. Every single time. Well, massives are huge, aren't they.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was gonna say, I gotta look up a picture of them.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, they're yeah, they're big dogs. Dogs. Yeah, I am.
Speaker 3: I saw a video, speaking of Tamali's I saw a video this weekend of these two like very lovely, well meaning white people who are like, I'm gonna try tomaly for the first time, and they couldn't figure out how to eat it, and because they couldn't, like bite through the husk, and they were like, this doesn't make sense. How do I eat this? And they didn't realize you're supposed to unwrap it. I mean, in all honesty, I didn't know you're supposed to unwrap it either, So I learned a valuable lesson. So I am sure your dog also didn't know that they had to unwrap the tamali.
Speaker 1: But it shit if they smell food. They're like, I don't know what a rapper is.
Speaker 3: I feel bad that this husk was just in her throat this whole time.
Speaker 2: Oh man, Okay, we'll get to one more email then we're gonna wrap it up.
Speaker 1: But we have a few more we haven't gotten to.
Speaker 2: I feel free to say your emails into Ryan Show at katiewb dot com. This one comes from Jennifer and then says, Jenny, I think you should slide into Minnesota Twins player Harrison Baters DM.
Speaker 1: Let me look him up. See what I did there? Lol?
Speaker 2: He is hot and feisty, just like you, and damn he can catch a fly ball in center field. Here's his instagram, she lit, and she put a picture in here too, also fucking great catch here from Friday's game.
Speaker 1: She sent a video.
Speaker 2: I'll have to look at all of this. Okay, Bye, that's all, love you all the picture.
Speaker 1: She said. He is attractive.
Speaker 3: He is.
Speaker 2: He is an attractive man. Harrison bat His name b A yeah, b A d e R.
Speaker 1: There's no Max Kepler but.
Speaker 2: Okay, And at first I was like, he's probably fucking like twenty.
Speaker 1: Five years old young.
Speaker 2: But he's thirty three, yeah, which is still a little bit young. I'm gonna be honest, maybe I will, you know what. But also I just don't.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I am not really one to want to ever be in not that I have the option, but I don't think i'd ever want a data professional athlete. I just there's too many stories I've heard from like the kfanguys about the roster that athletes have.
Speaker 1: Even when they're married.
Speaker 2: Oh geez, it's just it's not a relationship I think I really really want to be a part of. Because these men have women throwing themselves at them and temptations a real thing. So I just don't I don't, you know, I want someone who was committed to me and that's that.
Speaker 1: So they do be throwing them yea, look like, look at me right now.
Speaker 2: I'm like, hell, yeah, all right, that's going to do it for the Minnesota Goodbye. Send your emails into Ryan's show at KDWB dot com.