Speaker 1: What would it be for the Dodgers to try to repeat and defend their World championship without one of the key members of their ball club ever since the Dodgers acquired him in that huge three way trade back in twenty fifteen with the Marlins, the Angels, all of that, and here he is in living color at camel Back Ranch before games started. Keith k hernandez kiy K thanks a lot for the time and men, it would not have been the same without you.
Speaker 2: Hey, you gotta love a three way, right, got I mean a three way trade. Gotta love a good big three way trade.
Speaker 1: You gotta love it. You and Austin Barnes are still here.
Speaker 2: Still here, survived a lot of things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when you look back at your journey and where you're at right now and the reputation that you've built for yourself, do you have time to reflect on that or are you still so much in the moment.
Speaker 2: There's times to think about stuff, but you just want to be in the moment because this career can be really long, but it feels social where it feels like yesterday that I got here, and here I am ten years later. Been acquired four different times by this organization, and you know, it's it's been an honor to to wear this uniform for this long and to really to be able to play in so many big games. I feel like this has been a blessing for my career too, you know, to be in the postseason every single year, that's what we play the game. Uh yeah, we're making money, but at the end of the day, you play the game to win. And that's something that we've done here for a very long time, and I hope to keep doing.
Speaker 1: You had such a big part in the Dodgers championship run last year. It felt like when Kei k got into the starting lineup is when the Dodgers really took off. Have you had a chance to go back and watch any of those games or is that something you don't do.
Speaker 2: I started doing it. I watched every game against the Padres, and then and then life happened and I wasn't able to continue. I was I was going to plan and watch the whole postseason, but I I haven't really gotten to watch too much of the Mets and the Yankees. Uh, they were playing highlights earlier, and there was just a lot of things that I couldn't remember that happened, but uh, but yeah, man, it was it was a special run. It was kind of weird in the sense that it felt like it lasted another season, but at the same time it flew by, so uh you know, just you're so in the moment that it's kind of like you're blacked out for nine innings and you know you're so mentally exhausted and in that entire month that there's no really much time to think about stuff. But uh, yeah, I'm glad that. Uh, I'm glad that I was able to be a big part of it. You know, I won. We won in twenty and I didn't have as meaningful role as as I did last year, and I get it to when you win, there's nothing like it, but you know, just to be being able to do it both ways, it added a little more special specialness to this one, just considering the fact that I started every game after a Game four against at Padres.
Speaker 1: Yeah you did. No coincidence the Dodgers took off after that and Keik Hernandez, who missed out on the ring ceremony in twenty twenty one, is going to be on that third baseline wearing a Dodger uniform, and I'm as excited for you as anybody to be able to be showered by the fans that day.
Speaker 2: Absolutely last time it was, I knew that I was leaving, so it didn't matter if we won or didn't win. It was going to be a fact that I was gonna, you know, go go on a different journey. And I was totally fine with it. I accepted it all. And then when that day came, I felt left out and I felt like I wanted to be a part of that just for that one day, but obviously that didn't happen. And to get to come back this time and where that gold uniform and get that ring in front of my in front of that home home crowd instead of getting it in a box in the mail delivered to Fenway Park is a little different.
Speaker 1: And Key k Hernandez works not only in October but during the entire regular season. I know how much you pour into every day, not just October days, but every day. So thank you and great to have you here early this spring.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good to have a full spring. It's gonna be nice. I appreciate those kind words. It means a lot, But at the same time, I know You're saying all this because you're really happy that your best friend and all the baseball Blake Snells on this side. And you don't have to get all jittery when we go to San fran or they come into us. You get Blake for one hundred and sixty two plus games, so I know you're gonna be in a great boot all year.
Speaker 1: He's gonna be jealous when he sees the relationships I have with Key K.
Speaker 2: Hello.
Speaker 1: Sorry, snell Zilla.
Speaker 2: I don't know if he's gonna be that because you're gonna be all over him regardless.
Speaker 1: So we'll be together Tokyo me, you and smell Zilla.
Speaker 2: Let's do a sushi time. Yeah,