Speaker 1: So you click this podcast and you thought to yourself, huh, I thought for sure that I would hear the Curby Your Enthusiasm intro before I heard any of their voices Bill Sucks. I decided to switch.
Speaker 2: I did think that Bill Sucks was a close second.
Speaker 1: You get to hear our voices, and now you get to hear Curby your Enthusiasm.
Speaker 3: And if you watch that NCAA tournament game, you might be hearing multiple voices in your head, which is diagnosed as a mental illness. But welcome back to the podcast where you have three voices screaming about Bill South. Hopefully we can be the voices inside your head. No guarantee, we're gonna be calmer. What's that SpongeBob quote where he's like, I'm already hearing voices? Is that Patrick? Yes?
Speaker 2: I think it was Patrick. Bill self asks.
Speaker 3: If Mayonnaise as an instrument?
Speaker 1: Yes, Mayo wasn't shooting, so he may as well be an instrument.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say, I think that was the only instrument that can his head, and then it didn't play music and.
Speaker 2: An instrument of our construction.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Hey, do you guys know anyone that was dumb enough to bet on Kansas winning this game, because I just I don't know anyone that would do that.
Speaker 2: Cameron Lippolt, I know, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I know I'm a Cam. I know I'm a Cam. Yeah, you know what. I hate myself. I genuinely hate myself because I watched for four months of this team and then I sat there behind a microphone with YouTube morons. We're both we're all mongoloid idiots. We're going to Kansas against Arkansas? Why not athletic team with pros Order Dickinson, Dwan Harris. We've seen this for two years? What could possibly go wrong? And then I said, yeah, let's put it on moneyline.
Speaker 1: Sorry, Cam, but you know it has to be done. Get that son of a podcast out.
Speaker 3: I mean, I might just log out from life.
Speaker 1: He's fired, just like us for talking about second round games, Land and this is year number twelve of it P. We've never talked about a first round loss before. This is uncharted waters for the for us in this tenure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is, but.
Speaker 2: It's like it's like uncharted waters where like you it's it looks about the same though, like you're not surprised by what you find there. Yeah, technically you haven't been there in a long time. B. But boy, do you know exactly the terrain you're dealing with.
Speaker 3: You don't see those guys. I was at the last first round NCAA tournament loss for Bill self in two thousand.
Speaker 1: You were I was, You were like fourteen? Like, no, you weren't even that you were ten?
Speaker 3: Yeah, uh yeah, somewhere in that realm you were terrible night.
Speaker 1: Actually yeah, watching Kansas lose to Bradley. By the way, I hate to be that guy, but that was just one year after until yesterday, the only time in the history of the AP pole that a number one team in the preseason lost in the first round of the NCAA tournament. And you'll never guess there's who that team's coach was.
Speaker 3: Damn serious question to your guys. If Kansas goes into next season, is the AP number one team? Do we just call it the podcast?
Speaker 1: No, no, please, anything but that Kansas has been preseason number one four times in the A peopole, and that would be two thousand and four, oh five, that'd be oh nine to ten, that'd be eighteen nineteen, and the last two years they have never made the second week in my game this season that they were preseason number one in the a people ohver five it's amazing, which true and only go out only one coach.
Speaker 2: In fairness, the nine ten team might be the best Bill Self team other than the Natty team eight.
Speaker 3: Sure lost to do with a hairline from the nineteen forties. It pisses me off this day. Oh yeah, my bracket.
Speaker 1: And this year, Oh that's pretty good. I don't know, I've never heard that before. And this year he didn't lose to a guy with the receiving hairline. He actually lost to a guy that was wearing a pretty stylish coat and has still has a pretty good hairline. And that would be none other than We've come full circle on the show. Because, as you.
Speaker 2: Know, Calipark, the god himself is a dwarf.
Speaker 1: It was written in the prophecy and John Calipari beats Bill Self. And honestly, I know that this entire season in a way was Bill Self's fault, But I honestly think Bill self self got let down by his team. He did, yeah, yeah, yeah, so they're gonna talk about it, no joke.
Speaker 3: In the middle of this game, I had a friend text me who is not a Kansas fan of any stretch. He hates Kansas, and he goes Bill self is putting on a coaching clinic right now when they went to zone, and I was like, yeah, dude, this is why I picked Kansas to win this game. And then he texted me ten minutes later with like a frownie face, and I was like, yeah.
Speaker 1: Guess what happened? Then? Then you saw all the turnover. Then you saw nothing but turnovers over and over in the last five minutes of the game. Landon and I couldn't believe it. We were watching together, but we actually totally could believe it. And we're gonna talk about that. We're gonna talk about the first round of the NCAA tournament. We are, yes speaking of that meme of Squidward watching SpongeBob and Patrick dance out from so sad. That is us watching all these other entertaining games in the round of thirty two, all these other blue bloods. There's Duke, there's Kentucky, there's North Carolina. All of them played longer than Kansas by days.
Speaker 3: No, I just I just missed my co host. I couldn't watch it with my co host. I was with a buddy at a bar while I was bombarding their phones.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and cam Cam actually called me five minutes before our estimated showtime today because that's how much he missed the show. That's how excited he was to get this show on the road. And boy, are we ready? This is itp season loss edition number what ten because of the COVID year and they won all on year. There's our tenth season ending loss show. Oh boy, and show four ninety nine.
Speaker 2: Overall, I'm Ryan Landrath, I'm Landing Fields.
Speaker 3: And I'm a nice twenty four rounds Clorox lemonade that I'm like to drink right now.
Speaker 1: All right, Arkansas Kansas winner gets to choose how the state is pronounced, so I guess we're Kansas for the Kansas something like that. Even they won, even they're still freaking alive and Kansas is and it's so frustrating. Here we go number ten Kansas or Nope, Nope, absolutely not. Their name's not first, number ten, all Kansas seventy nine, number seven and preseason number one Kansas seventy two, not doing that again, not doing that? Well, No, sweet sixteen and well, the good news is, guys, we all learned our lesson about this team from November to early March and didn't predict. I just came in you animously, like genuine off with that Cam, How dumb are we? No?
Speaker 3: Like I was, I was thinking, I have a lot of thoughts, and most of my thoughts would be qualified under the FBI no fly list if they were to put them on paper. But I was driving home tonight after dogs, sitting in my buddy's dog, and I was like, we genuinely watched this Kansas team go thirteen and thirteen from November up until this game, and we sat with our thumbs up, our rectum, going, why not Kansas against a pro length team. They can beat them in the first round. They've only lost every other streak this year. Let's pick them. And you know what happened. It would be like if a Titanic didn't crash into an iceberg, it ran into a school bus filled with children. That was what the entire game was.
Speaker 1: Somehow it got worse. Somehow a very bad situation got worse, And that's exactly what the chat. Yeah, and so it was Laura bush which my buddy Cam taught me Laura Bush kill. Somebody once Google it. Yep, you're all killing somebody Bill self with the Jayhawks. Here's your ad lift games story. Here's your ad lib game story. Because Landon didn't write one of the notes. He gave a very one hundred dicas in the second half effort with that today. No, I'm just kidding. Landon actually did a little bit of work here, so I can't compare him to second half Hunter. So the game story is it was it was ugly, and then it was not, and then it was ugly, and then it was uglier because you had a neck and net game. Arkansas started to really separate a little bit early in the second half. They built a double digit lead, but as we've seen many times John Keller Perry coach teams, they don't hold on to those leads. Back comes Kansas. They take a sixty seven sixty four lead at the final TV timeout, and it looks at that moment up three with the ball that they are potentially going to escape with their first round victory streak intact. And then all they did after that was commit five turnovers and one as opposed to the one shot they made in the final four minutes of the game, sinking their season. They go preseason one to one and done in the NCAA Tournament. And yeah, that's how it ends the Jayhawks season that begin with a lot of promise, five careers, and the most experienced team in the field goes home after your latest and your last complete collapse in the clutch. We thought that they would would win the game, and I mean it came down. It was really the only true good game, one of two, the other being you see San Diego and Michigan. They were only two good games the whole first day of the NCAA Tournament. This is one of them. So it was close. But ultimately, if you were told, hey, Kansas is gonna lose before this game starts, you're told they're gonna lose, and they it's because they had a lead late and they blew it with five turnovers in the final fourmats, you would have said huh, And you wouldn't have You wouldn't have skipped a beat. Right. That's it went exactly how we knew in our hearts it would go. And yet somehow, someway we still looked the other way, held our nose and picked them to get out of this game with a win. Oops.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and as we'll get into yet again, a Kansas season ends in a distillation of the entire season, which, again, why why did we not know this was gonna happen?
Speaker 3: But it did.
Speaker 2: It really did.
Speaker 3: Rational us all.
Speaker 1: And you you had, well, okay, calling Land and the most rational person in this group is like having three four hundred pound people and one other person and being like, you know what, ye you are the that thirteen times the risk of heart disease. Oh okay, I can go with small people. That's fine, short people and a tall guy, whatever you want to say. Land is very rational compared to us. Yes, so what they had all they had all those years where they got blown out in their season ending loss. Uh, And we were like, man, are they ever going to play a close NCAA tournament loss again? They have, They're just only against Arkansas because Kansas has only lost in the tournament twice since twenty fifteen by single digits, and it was to since twenty sixteen, and it was to Arkansas both times. Arkansas owns Kansas.
Speaker 3: Now they kind of do. Also, would you guys rather see them get blown out in the NCAA tournament or lose a close game?
Speaker 1: The close game I think I think the blowouts so much worse.
Speaker 2: They're both off out RAO game, because I think.
Speaker 1: You're right, like whenever you if I, if I had you list all of their recent NCAA losses, the blowouts like Villanova and Oregon and Auburn would come to mind more quickly than either Auburn game will in a couple of years. Like I still Landon and I were talking about that Auburn game from two or the the the Arkansas game from two years ago. We didn't even remember what the score was, just because it's like, oh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, similar to this.
Speaker 1: Was it not absolutely it was? It was Yeah, Kansas led that game by twelve with eight minutes left and blew it. This was really the only one it was during that game, well you had a headband and he didn't score there like any saying. But you know what, if I'm just gonna say this right now, if Bill self ruins Darren Peterson next year, I'm going to make Pearl Harbor look like a past will protest and the people who are concerned that Darren Peterson is going to bail on Kansas after the last two years. He was at Allen Field House earlier today, repping the Jayhawks. He'll be playing in a tournament in the area. He is going to be a Jayhawk and it will be very, very fun. But in order to talk about Jan Peterson, we have to talk about this game and this.
Speaker 3: Before we talk about this game, I'm just killing the podcast. I know, before we talk about this game, if Darren Peterson came to Kansas and Dwan Harris had an extra year of eligibility, do you think, yep, is that is that what you think happens to.
Speaker 1: Guard Darren Peterson? It absolutely is, yeah, correct, And somebody somebody speculated. Somebody asked on Twitter, one of the Beat writers if kj's injury means he gets a medical red shirt, and Bill self would absolutely positively take that. Even though I don't know if kJ would play next year, he he legitimately might be out for like twelve months after that. Uh, that's that's just too bad. And we'll talk about all of it. Also, Yeah, want to lead off before we talk about this with the Bob Davis News. Everybody who's listening to who Oh, It's it's just gut wrenching. Anyone who's listening to this show and has heard my comments about Brian Haney or announcers knows that all of that stemmed from just being so selfishly tied to Bob Davis as a child. That just like a kid who refuses to accept that his parents are getting that his mom's marrying somebody else. That person could be a perfectly fine person, but he's not the guy I'm used to. That's me with any announcer that's not Bob Davis. Because I was a child listening to Bob called both Royals games and Ku games on the road.
Speaker 3: I didn't know he called games.
Speaker 1: He did, and he was not very good at it. He was horrible at anything in the air, Like he'd be like, oh, that is smashed in the left field way back, and oh it's caught ten feet in front of the warning track.
Speaker 3: I know that he's passed on, but can I say one thing, and it's also something I love about the guy. My favorite Bob Davis trait was he would always yell swish, even if it wasn't even remotely close to his swish.
Speaker 1: Correct there could be a bank shot, he would yell swish yeah. And that's I associate so much of that North Carolina Final four game with Bob Davis on the call died less than a week after his wife did, which is proof that you really truly can die of a broken heart. I'm sure there were other things, but I mean, just you see it so much with people who have been married for so long. And yes, that just a wonderful, wonderful person that I met a few times at season ending banquets and events, truly did make the take time out of his day to go talk with everybody as humble and and everybody truly was better having listened to him call games. So I wish that I could say that that they would have a game that could be dedicated to what he deserved, because this team did not do Bob Davis justice. But yes, just wanted to lead off with that. My my all time favorite radio announcer and one of the biggest reasons why I love the basketball team that I do. Okay, now we must talk about the game itself, which I I believe landon Hunter Dickinson all year. This was always gonna kind of be the team that went as far as Hunter Dickinson takes them. And whenever he has the worst game of his season, certainly the worst half of his Kansas career. Well, it's not a surprise that the team falls flat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we do, unfortunately have to start there. He finished with eleven points, nine rebounds, and four assists, but he was just four or thirteen from the floor and he did not score in the second half, far and away the worst half of his Kansas career. As you said, Ryan, what is the legacy of this guy? I mean, I know this is something we've kind of discussed a lot on this show, but like it's over now, Like that's it. The book, the book is written on Hunter Dickinson now his college and his Kansas career. And what does that look like? Like, Cam, Cam, degenerate, Robert Frost. What is the title of the Hunter Dickinson book?
Speaker 3: I got you? Actually you want Robert Frost here? Yo, two roads diverged into Yellowood had all American and the other had one NCAA tournament win. I think. So here's my thing I think, Dickson is that was pretty good, wasn't it. I thought that was pretty solid.
Speaker 1: This is why Cam and and the rest of us are the are the people playing the music?
Speaker 3: Well, if I'm a conductor of the trains off the tracks, But I also think with Kansas. Hunter is going to be very I think he's misunderstood. I actually, through all the things that I've said in our group chat, I actually do like Hunter Dickinson. I appreciate the fact that he came to Kansas. I also feel for him in a sense. I actually went to the transfer portal when I was playing golf on a much smaller scale, and I went to a team and I didn't fit in perfectly there. And it's hard to go to a school that you haven't been at, and even if you have success, you're not guaranteed to have it with the team. I think his legacy is that he was a really good player, the teams did not fit with him. And I also think, well, the sad things will just never know if he could have been on like a national title winning haliber team because it wasn't in the cards. It just wasn't built correctly, and that's unsolved.
Speaker 1: So I want to I think we're gonna do another show in the later part of this week when we know everything about the first weekend in its entirety, and there'll be a little Kansas news by then, and my hope is I'll be able to reflect on it a little bit more. So I'm gonna I'm gonna think on your question, Land, and I'll touch back him because I truly don't know what the Hunter Dickinson. Anyone who's listening to this show knows my defense of him. This is more than just about anyone else.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I think I think a lot of that's fair. I mean, he put up amazing numbers. I will say this, I obviously live in Michigan. I've lived in Michigan for my whole life, so I've been in Michigan while Hunter Dickinson was still playing here. The criticism that fans had of him while he was playing for Michigan was that he puts up good numbers, but he's not a winner. I don't know exactly what that means, and I don't think they can really qualify it. But you can kind of make that argument with his time at Kansas, but again, I don't know, because you can't really put it on him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And and I mean it's just hard. I think the thing that I'm gonna, I'm gonna because I've been so positive with Dickinson and in such defense of him, but it's really really hard to sit there and say everybody that that pointed out the criticisms and their concerns weren't proven completely right by everything that he did in the second half here, because statistically he is a two time All American and I cringe to think of what this team would be without him. And I don't think that they would have been any better if you replaced him with any big in the country. But the problem with Dickinson is, and Landon was on this all year. He's a floor setter, not a ceiling center. He's not He's not capable of true, of elevating a team and putting them on his back and winning them a game. And we saw it in this game where he makes the worst turnover of the game. He has the worst pass that a KU player has had.
Speaker 3: And yeah, since Snark and Jason Beam threw it into a hot dog stand Arkansas, mind you, but second Arkansas has hit the tower.
Speaker 1: I think it had. I think that Hunter Dickinson, I don't know. I'm gonna come back on it because I think Hunter Dickinson should be appreciated more than he will be, and some of those situations are outside of his control. But at the second one thing, yeah, I go for it.
Speaker 3: Like, I'm gonna pass this off because I've talked way too much in the last like five minutes. But what I will say, and I've been in our group chat, if anyone were to ever read her messages, I'd go to prison. But I've been critical of Hunter Dickinson. I will say he's handled himself really well off the floor as a Jayhawk, and that's something people criticized him for at Michigan, So big shout out to Hunter for that, and I think that he's going to be underappreciated for that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that Hunter Dickinson being twenty four and you know, making the money, people think it's a green light to criticize, and it's It's kind of the way I feel about all players. Criticism is okay, uh criticized players and openly question if they if they are for the better or worse helping or hurting your team. But there's definitely a line you can cross, and we've all seen it. I've seen a Kansas account that that that on Facebook, a Kansas account talking about how Hunter Dickinson is now fielding offers from Uber and Costco and stuff. It's like, okay, you know what, Like it's like like what what what? What looks ugly is when fans turn on their own guys and cross the line at the same time questioning, all right, Hunter Dickinson, wasn't my cup? And see, I think the team's gonna be better with the different center for perfectly rational take openly being happy that a player is suffering or miserable. That's another one. kJ Adams, Dewan Harris. They're national champions. That's their legacy and it should be nothing else. They love playing for the school. Did it result in the wins we hoped it would with them as primary pieces?
Speaker 2: It did not.
Speaker 1: Does that mean that they deserve to read one sentence that isn't positive or thanks them for everything that they did at Kansas? Absolutely not. Same with Dickinson. Guy was the leader of a team that still as frustrating as it was and how bad things were for Kansas's standards, still back to back twenty win teams that made it to the tournament that were the white jerseys in the first game. Like, these guys do not deserve the venom that I've seen sent their way. And it surprises me because you expect it from the rivals, You expect it from the sports gamblers. I'm not like those three have faced Those three have faced more criticisms from there from literal fans than any three players I've ever seen at Kansas, And that makes me sad because I don't think they deserve it.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, no one, No one deserves like the absolute harassment and horrible things, just heinous stuff that gets thrown athletes away, pretty pretty terrible. I fully agree that with the uh, you know, anyone can can criticize the players, question their fits. That's part of the fun of sports is to analyze rosters and all that. That's like, you know, part of being a fan. But yeah, there's obviously some absolute heinous things that get thrown these guys a way. That's terrible.
Speaker 1: Well, I want to go ahead and skip down a kJ because I feel like we should talk about him next because he fits in there. We'll come back to Zeke Mayo. So kJ Adams suffers the achilles injury and that's all that matters here because Kansas led by three with three minutes left and he popped his achilles. We saw it happen, We saw him go down and grab the heel. Knew immediately what it looked like. And Self more or less confirmed it after the game. We haven't heard a confirmed report that it is torn Self said they did not anticipate good news, and that was a couple of days ago. And I mean it's one of those things where you just you just know whenever this happens. We've obviously been very critical of kJ for two full years, but he scores thirteen points in four boards, and I do think that amidst all the talk about criticism, kJ Adams elevated his play when the criticism was at an all time high after that Utah game. After that Utah game, I think it tells a lot about his character because whenever the criticism had never been higher, that's when kJ played his best basketball of his career. And it absolutely blows watching a guy who you can say what you want. Did losing kJ Adams' basketball talent make them lose? I don't think it did. They could have still won without him. But I do think it is very interesting that you take the guy who is undoubtedly the biggest competitor, the toughest competitor, the guy who loves this school the most, and the guy with the most willpower on the team out and they folded like wet cardboard.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 2: Oh. The count argument to that from a basketball perspective is they folded like wet car board several other times. With however, obviously deeply, deeply tragic way for that guy's career to go. I mean, obviously we've been very critical of that guy, but that's you don't want anyone's career to end on a torn achilles with three knots left.
Speaker 1: And he played, he was how many games did they lose in Utah? They lost Attack, they lost to Houston, and they lost the Zon nine then this one. None of those games were Kj's fault. I think you had double score seble figures in all of them. Like he was, he was.
Speaker 3: He was not an issue.
Speaker 2: No, Yeah, like you said, Ryan, I mean, he really did turn it on. He he was doing exactly the things that we were begging him to do and the things that we were criticizing him for. He turned it on at the end of this season. And that's like a very impressive thing to do. He was genuinely great. He was everything that we wanted kJ Adams to be for the last several weeks of the season. And that's like, that's a really impressive step. I don't think it's as easy as kJ doesn't get hurt and they win Kansas. I agree absolutely could have lost that game, and I also agree that the absolutely could have won without him as well. It's a it's a really tough way to go, but it'll be that'll be another career that'll be very interesting in retrospect for Adams, Like, I think he'll be loved by fans, but I don't think you know, I don't. I don't think his basketball legacy will will be a lot for.
Speaker 1: I think he'll I think for his basketball ability. I don't think people will talk about him much in a year or two. But he should be remembered.
Speaker 2: As a guy who won.
Speaker 1: Is a national champion. He is and too loved Kansas. He's the sort of guy that every program should have. None of us, none of us wanted a basketball team without kJ Adams. We wanted a basketball team with kJ Adams in a different role. But all of us said that he has value on a team. His teammates clearly love him, his coach loves him, and he's a wonderful dude. Like there are so many more important things at the end of the day than how many times he put the ball in the basket. And I hope that seeing kJ walk off the court with that uniform and his achilles not only one in the Achilles intact, she'll would remind people what really matters. Cam Let's go ahead and finish this set. You want to talk about Dewan Harris, and then we'll kind of go back and touch on the secondary pieces. But in a lot of ways, I feel like that this show is the eulogy of the Core three.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's kind of hard because I feel like we've eulogized the Core three for the past four months. Dewan Harris ended his Kansas career going four to four eleven from the field for eight points of seven, assists, a lot of great flashes in there, a lot of times where we just put our faces in our hands. He didn't score until the thirteen minute mark of the second half. You know, for Dwana Harris, he seems like a really nice guy. He does a lot of thing things really well. I think, in my opinion, at least, he should never have been a four year starter. And I also tweeted out something about Bill self and le Baron Fallon and it was a controversial take.
Speaker 1: I don't think going on in on Dewan Harris was necessarily I mean it's I can't say it was the right decision because look how it worked, But I don't think it was the dumbest thing itself could have done, going all in on a fifth year point guard getting to play around a team that he thought at fixed last year's problems. And Dewan Harris just wasn't as good as he was two years ago. He regressed, He was a worse player shooting the ball league was worse. He scored more than he did this year because his volume was so elevated, but it was the worst shooting season of his career. And defensively there was a lot of regression there too, and he didn't play well at all in the first half. He was part of the reason they fell behind. They did well with him on the bench, and yet you still knew, just because of how they were constructed, they weren't winning the game without Harris going back in there and playing better on defense, and ultimately down the stretch, he couldn't get them to the offense he needed. Landon, I think that you're what you wrote is correct. He's a great kid he would have had none of us won him off the team. We won him in a different role, and he was a player of his skill set. With all respect to him. Should should never be a school like Kansas as all time leader in minutes in games like that. That just that's not Dewan's fault. By the way, he didn't choose to play himself thirty six minutes a game. It just shouldn't have happened that way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and obviously, like the extra year and stuff adds into stats like that too, But yeah, Dewan Harris again, it will be a very complicated legacy. A guy that is a national champion, contributed on a national championship winning team, was the starting point guard on a one seed the following season. Like, you know, I don't think anyone thinks to one Harris sucks. I think as we've been pounding the drum on all season. Really, what happened on these two years teams, especially this year's team, is it's just a complete fit issue, and when everyone is not really a good fit with one another, and the general construction of these teams really allowed for people's weaknesses to be further exposed. When the fit is bad, strengths are minimized and weaknesses are amplified. And I think that was really really evident, particularly with Harris on a team that had no killer instinct and the one guy you really wanted to be creative was like Zeke Mayo, and he really didn't have a lot of or he had that, but it was way streakier than you wanted it to be, partly because he was also forced to because of the same exact problem that I'm talking about with Harris and the general roster construction. But like Harris's passiveness really really shined in a way that you just can't have it for a fifth year point guard. Look, there there will be moments. I hope Darren Peterson doesn't do this, but there will probably be some moments next year, much like Ryan has talked about with Hunter Dickinson, there's gonna be moments next season where you're like, man, they don't have a guy that scores seventeen and ten on the block. I think with Darren Peterson you're gonna have a couple early moments in the year where you're gonna go, oh, that's a really, really stupid mistake that I think Darren peateron will correct and he'll fully he's also scoring like twenty a night, and we'll correct that with that. But you're gonna have You're gonna have some moments. Really, Oh de one Harris was really calm on the ball, and he had a very veteran presence. I think that's true. But I think his weaknesses will make him a very interesting case. Again, I think we'll be very popular among general fandom, but will not really have any stats whatsoever to back that up.
Speaker 1: Here's Zeke Mayo eighteen point six rebounds. He only took eight shots, which was baffling. He was five for eight overall, four for five from three, also went four for four at the line. He had the best scoring season you could have hoped for. At the beginning of the year, you had been told Mayo was gonna get you fifteen a night and shoot forty two percent on threes, you would have been a static. But I think the overall words that I'll think of that that are kind of thru with Zeke Mao is a kind of a one trick pony. And look, he has tons of value, like a three point shooter at this accuracy and this volume has a ton of value and Wow, would I kill to have him back next year. But really sloppy on defense, really rough ball handling, had another one of his once per game, Oh, I stepped on the line with the ball and it's going the other way now. A complicated year where I think he could have benefited a lot from having better pieces around him who couldn't have. But ultimately, in a season where so much went wrong, I think Zeke Mayo gets at least an a minus. He had a good enough season where you're not looking at him and thinking he was responsible for why the team didn't hit their ceiling and it sucks for me or it sucks for him. Rather the way I think of it, that he waited his whole life to play for Kansas and the team that he got to be a part of. For all that we've seen Kansas be over the years, it just it just wasn't what we thought it would be. Cam tell me a little bit about the let's wrap up the players, and then I want to I have a Bill cell take tell me about aj store and Ryland Griffin, and then we can just kind of kind of put them in a bed, probably for the last time.
Speaker 3: Probably aj Storer had fifteen points on four for seven shooting. He did make a couple of threes and made five of six free throw attempts. Ryland Griffin had three points on one for four shooting in thirteen minutes. David quite more or less did nothing in thirteen minutes. Shack Moore played three minutes, Flair Badunga had four and five and seventeen minutes. In the case of aj Store, do you guys want him back?
Speaker 1: I think, says a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not really.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think I would. I would say yes. I would say yes for for roster continuity's sake. Yes, I would want.
Speaker 2: You want this roster to have continuity.
Speaker 3: I just don't reason.
Speaker 1: I think we're starting from the portal every year. Is isn't going to work hardly at all.
Speaker 2: I agree, I think in this case you want to do more of that than not.
Speaker 3: I actually know what I think. Ryan's right. I I take back what I said. We saw at the end of the year. For whatever reason, A J. Store started to look like the player that he was supposed to be. Why it took that long, I don't know, and I'm sure people within the program do. But if the program fits and the players come in fit with him, he could be really good.
Speaker 2: I don't think he's going to see him go for zero points on five against Saint John's.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was absolutely I'm not gonna there's gonna be questions about who's back and ask garcib so I'll save kind of my deep answers for that. Yeah. Bill self said kJ and Wan are like sons to him, which Atlanta says is sweet and explains everything I mean those Bill self said that there aren't any There aren't any humans besides his wife that he has spent more time with in the last almost decade than kJ Adams and Dewan Harris because they've been a part of his program for five years. And it's true, and it really like when you think of a part of Bill Self's job that I truly can't imagine, is this is not just Madden or nbah u K where you're signing free agents. Yea, they that you just sign them and that's it and you never have to look at their personal lives. The things that Dewan Harris and kJ Adams have gone through off the court, and they're very very short amount of life is so much more horrid, so much more horrible than anybody can imagine, Like they have gone through more crap off the court with families and violence and death. Then then a lot of people go through in a lifetime and they're barely in their early twenties, Like can I can totally imagine how that has a special place in Bill Self's heart because he talked about this with Zamori Traylor and in a lot of ways, if it weren't for Bill Self and Kansas, Jamari Traylor may have never made it to age twenty five because of all the gun violence that he dealt with.
Speaker 3: On a regular base story.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's the same thing with Dewan Harris and kJ Adams and the things they went through and kJ losing his mom and Dewan being homeless and being taken in by Christian Brown's family, Like, yeah, I can understand. I can understand how those guys mean a whole lot to him, And I think it's good for Bill Self as well, because these guys aren't dying. They're still going to be in Bill Self's life. But Self gets a restart with his basketball team, a different roster, some fresh faces at the core of his program, and these two should be celebrated for helping Kansas win a national title. I think it's probably should be left at that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that's absolutely fair.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: Then the stats here, Arkansas is the second team to eliminate bill Self from two NCAA tournaments. The other is who else but Villanova Before they had done once, there was this here we go, here comes the two seat.
Speaker 3: I hope that I have a take on the show that is so bad that it becomes a drop.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I'm sure I do. Actually, I've gotten lazier cam. I don't go back and drop things like I used to, So you gotta have it be a banger.
Speaker 3: I I will.
Speaker 1: Here's my bill Self take. Here's my bill Self take, and then we can well. And then there's also the big twelve went six and one. You'll in the first round of tournament. You'll you'll, you'll never, you'll never.
Speaker 3: Guess damn it.
Speaker 1: I think that Bill Self was let down by his team. I thought that he coached very well in the second half. I thought he pulled out that ugly ass triangle and two defense that he seemingly pulls out against Caliperry every handful of years. And I thought that the fact that they were up by a basket with four minutes left. Considering how the game had gone was a testament to how well he did. And it bums me out because I think that Self deserved better. He certainly had a rough year, and we're not going to be harboring him, or we're not going to be banging the Bill Self for Coach of the Year drawn by any stretch, but well, he certainly wasn't drawing up Hey Hunter, throw it into the back court plays.
Speaker 3: Question for you guys, where do we stand on Bill Self?
Speaker 1: I think that he will be just fine. I think that he's going to get a fresh start with a wiped off corps and anchored by the potential number one pick in the twenty twenty six NBA draft. And I think Kansas will win lots of games next year. And I think Bill Self is closer to another Final Four than he is being washed.
Speaker 2: And unshockingly, I am a little bit further south of that opinion probably, I think, well, now to this exact point in fairness, what does it say of cal that he was not ready for a triangle in two when he's the only coach in America that Bill Self runs the triangle in two at all against Ever, Yeah, that's crazy pants that he didn't know that was coming, because Bill self only pulls that out against John cal Perry. But regardless, I do think Bill there's a chance that Bill is has a disease in the only Kira's retirement. But I don't know. I mean, I do think he coached really well in this game. I think he far out coached cal. That's a little bit like saying a five year old dunked on a toddler. It doesn't be a lot necessarily, and the goal was at two feet, but it happened, So I don't you know, there's some juice there for sure, And if he has a better roster, I think you might see that. We'll see. I mean, maybe I'm really really sleeping on him because he's a Hall of Fame coach and a two time national champion.
Speaker 1: But he was a national champion three years ago.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, that's a I agree.
Speaker 2: Where he sat his best player in a two thousand points score on the bench most of the Season's.
Speaker 1: That did happen, Yep, yep, I know factually, So we'll see. We'll see what happens, and we're hoping for the best because I think that Kansas will reload. I think that they're uh, they're one, and their five are pretty much set for next year, assuming floor doesn't run off. I think they're gonna get a couple shooters. I think that they're going to look very different and be very good next year. I think they're gonna be very high in the preseason polls, and I think they're gonna win lots of basketball games.
Speaker 3: And if they just don't be preseason one, and if.
Speaker 1: They don't win a lot of basketball games and next year doesn't go very well, then it's gonna get really interesting because I think everybody is willing to give Bill self the Okay, you went all in on three guys that were super seniors and some they all had as success, but the piece just didn't fit together. Let's see what you can do without that. If we wipe it clean and the results still look pretty similar despite a completely different set of faces, then you're gonna start having some legitimate questions. And then I think you're gonna see the national guy start to question things a little bit more, which is fair because the fan base is way too impatient.
Speaker 3: Just remember too, like tom Izzo had a stretch, John Calipari had a stretch where things did not go well. John Caliperry is allegedly, because we're recording this, not during the second round of the NCAA Tournament, going to the sweet sixteen. Spoiler alert for anyone out there listening. Tom Mizzo probably allegedly probably going to the sweet sixteen. Bill self is a Hall of Fame coach. He did not forget how to coach. I think he just had a bad roster. And maybe I'll be completely wrong, Yep.
Speaker 1: I think that's fair. And in this game, one final time, because I know how much everybody loves these numbers, I gotta scroll all the way down at the bottom of the bracket because all they do is make us do extra work. But the Kansas basketball Jayhawks and their final game of the year, shot forty three percent, same number as Arkansas. They made eight of seventeen threes. Kansas shot almost fifty percent on threes in their last three games of the year, and the results were one and two with almost oh and three thanks UCF. Kansas also eighty eight percent of the line they won on the glass, they turned it over sixteen times. That number was eleven at the final TV time out. That was simply put your game. Sometimes it's simple, sometimes it's not.
Speaker 3: This time it was quite this is this is super out of pocket. But have you guys seen Grand Canyons women's basketball coach. I would give her the gasoline to bird down my house.
Speaker 2: No, but we're we're making a Google Now I've deemed that important.
Speaker 3: Enough to hop in. It's Molly something.
Speaker 1: Whoa, I'm I'm the answer is better than Yukon's women's basketball coach.
Speaker 3: I well, that's a man, Ryan, I'm not into that.
Speaker 1: Correct And yes, the answer is absolutely yes. So somehow I look forward to hearing Nick say no ye, he Nik, yeah.
Speaker 2: Cam and landon gasoline suicide pack.
Speaker 1: That's okay, you'll already have the gasoline round after watching Darren Peterson lose twelve games somehow. All right, let's talk about other games, other games, and well there are there are other games. They they are happening, but none of them have anything to do with the Jayhawks.
Speaker 3: So hello darkness, my old friend.
Speaker 1: All right, I'm gonna drive and the top left because.
Speaker 3: Well, Jim Aheim has beyond the week that tournament sucked.
Speaker 1: Like so far, it's not just because Kansas lost like, there's been no big upsets, at least in the first round. Now you're starting to see the sweet sixteen teams come in, so obviously you're gonna see more higher ranked teams lose than you did in the first round. But there was not a single one, two, three, or four that lost in the first round of the NCAA tournament, just the second time since two thousand and four that that's happened. Landon, you were at my house for a lot of the first round on the first day, and we kind of went back and forth with some cope. We were like, man, I want to see a big upset, but that usually means the longer the better team stay in it, the better the back off of the tournament is. But I also want to see a crazy upset, Like has this felt very mid so far?
Speaker 3: Has Es cam over under four and a half big women chained up in his basement, blink if you need.
Speaker 2: Help under, but it's under, but it's two.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: What makes you think bit more is better? We've already decided bigger is better, But what makes you think more we?
Speaker 3: I don't know if we is the answer to that.
Speaker 1: That's fine, that's fine. I made a Lizzo joke on Twitter yesterday. It was for you, Cam, you were you were my inspiration for it.
Speaker 3: You're welcome. I like, I like it.
Speaker 2: My life did come up while I was at Ryan's house.
Speaker 1: It was it was in it was on somebody in the account the most watched recently joke.
Speaker 3: Ryan's for you page on Instagram is like Golden Corral ads and ozempic.
Speaker 1: Cam always knows what to say and sometimes it's things that make me think I'm gonna have to go be that that time, it wasn't. It was just very very funny.
Speaker 3: That's all right, sir.
Speaker 1: Right in the top.
Speaker 2: So anyway, it was mid right, yes, it was including nines and tens. I believe it was seven lower seeds beat higher seeds out of.
Speaker 1: Thirty two out of thirty two. Yeah, Like it was at a point where I got like all but eight games in the first round, right, which normally you go twenty four and eight in the first round. And that's good. It's in the bottom half of the fifty percentile this year because there were just no shockers. Yeah, so shocky and like there's been a couple of higher seeds that have gone down in the sweet sixteen or in the round of thirty two games we've seen this far, but none of them are true shockers, like we haven't seen the first huge domino to fall has not yet this tournament. And Auburn, despite screwing around for a half against Alabama State, ultimately won by twenty. It was not a particularly great first week for the SEC, was a really good one for the Big twelve, and a really good one for the Big ten. SEC looked pretty mid, as evidenced by the eight to nine game where Creighton blew the doors off Louisville in the KFC Young Center. Oh no, it's not in Louisville.
Speaker 2: Was gonna happen.
Speaker 1: It was right down the street, right Yeah. Land knew Land. And it is very hard and you will quite possibly never again in your life lose a final four team in the first game of the NCAA tournament. That's impressive.
Speaker 2: I think I have before. I can't remember what it was, but I just off like there's an emotional resonance deep within me that tells me that happened more than once. Yeah, and I think I think it has.
Speaker 1: And then Creighton wound up given Auburn a game, but not enough Auburn looks like they're gonna move on. We're recording in the middle of that. Uh yeah, Creighton, they have all these old people, and it was no match for Louisville, Like they blitzed Louisville in the tournament. That's exactly how I imagine it's gonna happen to Kansas eventually. Hell, it happened to Kansas this year.
Speaker 2: I I I want to I want to do a little pull back the curtain real fast. And why on why Cam has set a leegen to games that have definitely happened and happened by the time you're listening, Why are saying allegedly to that because before the show and this has happened before. And I get it to an extent, because Ryan wants the show to be more simple, which is fair because this show does not need more complexity.
Speaker 1: That's we're always pushing the time limit and I'm a simple guy, and when you have on your roster, getting it to simple is kind of hard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But Ryan was like, let's pretend as though because we're recording this on Saturday night, it's currently quarter after eight Central Time, so we're right in the middle of day three I'm watching BYU Wisconsin happen right now. Ran was like, but Ryan was like, let's pretend like the first round happened. And then Ryan and I was like, why that's weirder to me than if we just say we're okay, b Yu and Wisconsin are going to have right now?
Speaker 1: Okay, now the word him, I didn't mean like we're on bar me and we have to like really pretend we're firefighters, Like like, I didn't mean.
Speaker 3: It literally fight a Chuck E Cheese animatronic or a Barney costume man, but who's in the Barney costume.
Speaker 1: A much bigger person. That's well then if I'm not a child, I'm gonna be okay.
Speaker 3: Oh boy, I Like everyone's like, how many times do you have to mute Cam? And then Ryan's like, I'm gonna make a joke about domestic violence.
Speaker 1: Hey, I, well there wasn't. It was a joke about you making a joke child. Seth Davis. Seth Davis did say Chris Beard is doing what Chris Beard does, and I responded saying it's domestic violence and it was a great ratio, Yes, very good ratio, and then stepped in yes yes, Cam stepped in to point out that the child abuse or the wife abuse rather was alleged, that is corrected, that got thrown out in court. But anyway, Yes, my thinking was, if we just focus on the first round, then we'll have a show where we recap the second round, because then we're not like, most of these games haven't happened, but exactly two of them have gone final. Whatever, do whatever you want. You get paid enough to be able to drive Creighton Beville and then in the five to four some some upsets were picked here and none of them happened because Michigan beat UC San Diego and what was one of two good games on the first day of the tournament, UC San Diego got hot, wasn't enough. We all were rooting for them. Their colors were cool, their logos much cooler than Michigan, but they ultimately fall short, and the Texas A and M does to Yale what every four ceed does the Yale except for Auburn, which has beat them in an uninteresting game. Not a great week for the SEC, but most of their their top teams did okay? Right? Is that kind of That's probably all you can hope for when you get fourteen teams in the tournament, they're not all gonna be winners.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the true contenders in the SEC are all still alive. It's been a little shakier after that. But yes, the great, the great teams, the teams we thought were really going to contend haven't lost yet.
Speaker 1: Right on the cusp there, as Stephen Ashworth is pulled in this Creighton game for the final time, Buddy is very scared that LinkedIn now awaits him. See, I can make a joke about Creighton because I don't root for Creighton. I don't want to tweet that Adam or anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Stephen Ashworth is gonna have a great pro career. What are you talking about?
Speaker 3: Ryan? Looks exactly what you would think.
Speaker 1: By the way, Stephen Ashworth is older than Luka Doncic. How is out enough more than twenty five and a half.
Speaker 3: That's older, dude. I took I took about four lifetimes in college and I wasn't that old when I finished.
Speaker 1: There goes Ryan Kalchbrenner out for the final time. Bro has three defensive Big East Player of the Year awards. Holy dude, it's.
Speaker 3: Time the grad A system just hugged him. Like on the bench, and it looks like one of those prom pictures where the girls like looking up at the guy.
Speaker 1: Because he like eight feet tall. And it's quite sad to leave his one hundred and nine and ninetieth college game a loser. It's okay, it happens, right, guys.
Speaker 2: Would you believe me if I told you Byu is scoring a lot of points?
Speaker 3: Who could have seen that?
Speaker 1: Somebody in the somebody in the Big twelve is pretty good. Bottom half of the top left bracket. Ole Miss beats North Carolina and a game that was trying to be good, and it was a good comeback by the Tar Hills, they ultimately could not close the gap enough. Iowa State blows out lipscumb in a game that was never close, and then New Mexico pulls the upside over Shaka's marquette team. I'll come right back to that. Michigan State beats Brian after a close first half. So that means, if you're keeping track, that there are more Patinos coaching in the second round of the NCAA Tournament than there are ACC schools.
Speaker 2: But I want to talk about Shaka.
Speaker 1: I want I want to talk about Shaka Smart, because Shaka Smart. There fluky things happen. Sports are fluky in nature. Things happen, and because they wouldn't happen again if you played that game again, That's what makes upset so magical. But I am convinced the more that time goes on that the single flukiest thing in the history of Division one men's college basketball was VCU's victory over Kansas in the twenty eleven and Laite eight. If you played that game two hundred times, Kansas would win one hundred and ninety nine of them. They did not win that day because a bunch of future investment bankers made in Black Jersey's made a bunch of threes, and Kansas could not throw it in the ocean. But Shaka Smart since that day, since twenty eleven, Shaka Smart has made ten NCAA tournaments. We're gonna just focus on the last nine, spanning the last I believe it's twelve years. Since two thousand and fourteen, he's coached at three different schools. That would be VCU, that'd be Texas, and that would be Marquette. Shaka Smart has lost nine NCAA tournament games. Every single one of those games has come to a team that is seeded seven or worse. Eight of those nine games have come to teams seeded worse than he was, and an amazing seven of his nine NCAA tournament losses have come against teams that were seated at least three slots worse than his In the last nine NCAA tournament, Shaka Smart has lost to team seeded ten, eleven, seven, nine, fourteen, seven, eleven, ten, and twelve. He is a bum, a bum in every sense of the word. That got that one game where his fluky ass team shot their way past Kansas in the Elite eight, and he has wrote it to fifteen years and three jobs, heist and all around heist because he is a bum. And I cannot believe that you have people like Seth Davis, Oh, Shaka good everything you could have had a this team. I'm Seth. I like shappies, buddy, Seth Davis, listen to me. Shaka Smart went five and eight after January ended, and he has arguably the best point guard in the country on his team. He sucks balls b A l LS balls. That is what Shaka Smart sucks. And any team that is convinced to give him more money to coach. Their team should have their heads examined, because that is crazy, crazy, crazy talk. This very anti Shaka. Screw him for twenty eleven and he sucks.
Speaker 2: On em the show. I've been playing a lot of Emily the Show lately doing franchise sims. They have like a clutch rating on all the players, so you know, I think it's across a lot of sports games as well. You have a clutch rating where you come up with the big moments. Shakas is a zero zero clutch is going down somehow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, he looks better with hair. I'll give him that. He looks younger with his hair, but he's not coaching any better.
Speaker 3: And the thing compared to Tomas, though, the.
Speaker 2: Weird thing with Shaka is that he like does get his teams to the tournament mostly like he's not a bad regular.
Speaker 1: And they're normally good. They're normally a high seed.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, and Texas had several good teams. They did underachieve obviously, but that's not abnormal for Texas anyway. But yeah, when they get to the tournament, they just fold.
Speaker 1: He's Rick Barnes. He is Rick Barnes, and it's ironic he replaced Rick Barnes at Texas. But Rick Barnes also has way, way, way, way way more on the list of of NBA players coach than Rick Barnes has a Final four that wasn't a total coach Kevin Durant, Yeah, exactly, Yeah, Rick Barnes is. And obviously then Rick Barnes went to another school and has had a lot of success at Tennessee.
Speaker 3: A team that looks like a muppet on ozembic.
Speaker 1: He does. He has lost weight, has any and he wasn't really that big to begin with. He does, don't even know about that.
Speaker 3: He just has some massive nose and he looks like a rat.
Speaker 1: Shaka Smart has cross tattoos on the top of his hands. And I'm not I'm not condoning that. I'm not criticizing that either. It's just it's an observation. I've never seen another human being with a single tattoo on the top of his hands that looks like a very painful place to get much like pain that, much like the pain feel watching him lose as a high seed in the tournament every year. Yeah.
Speaker 3: The funniest thing to me, the absolute funniest thing to me, Ryan Ryan underscore Landrith has a fetish for Golden Corral ladies. He's as Caucasian as again, this man could not recite a Tupac Shakur verse if his life depended on it.
Speaker 1: Couldn't even spell it.
Speaker 3: This man also has a full sleeve tattoo. And it bothers me. It bothers me. Okay, yeah, like you of all people that I'm not gonna but it just shocks me to my core.
Speaker 1: You're talking like pain tolerance. You can't believe that that's a thing, or I'm too just you in.
Speaker 3: General, dude, you are so Caucasian that you make a polar bear look like freaking Stephen Jackson.
Speaker 1: That is very, very very true. All of what you said is true. And yeah, I do have a I.
Speaker 3: Can't believe this. Yeah, I don't believe what. What is what is your tattoo?
Speaker 1: It is the solar system. It starts. It's the sun on the very top of my shoulder with the rays that go all out and it. Yeah, and I'm working on tattoos. Leaves are quite expensive to continue working on in full day.
Speaker 3: They're pain.
Speaker 1: Really, it didn't hurt that bad, It's it really didn't like And I'm a big whist for pain. They did the asteroid to the asteroid belt goes right around the lower part of my biceps, so they had to get real low into that bicep. That hurt like a bitch, like that was a horrible. Yeah, but really everything else was do you have tattoos? Uh?
Speaker 2: No, I will, like I will probably get one eventually. I do not have one.
Speaker 1: I've been obsessed with the solar system since I was like in diapers, Like that's always been my my interest. I'm really hoping that I win the I really hoping that I got what you said. I really I really want to win the March Madness Tournament that the bracket competition, so elon Musk takes me to Mars because that's the top prize. You don't get it, it's gonna say that's that's we're gonna blow up. But yeah, no, that's always been my thing and I need Uh I'm gonna fill it in at some point and do do more work around it. No, that's really cool, but yeah, I it's it's very anti it's very anti brand, I'm sure because it's not scream tattoos.
Speaker 3: Screams mental illness.
Speaker 1: Landon why don't you scream about the East region, because that is another quadrant of the bracket that we have not talked about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let me let me scroll back to my bracket here in a second. Okay, it's the.
Speaker 1: One with a lot of red on it.
Speaker 2: It has less red than some. It has a lot less in the South, that's for sure. Okay, let's let's see what we got here. Okay, starting at the top of the East.
Speaker 3: South is quite red. They don't took our rat Number one Florida.
Speaker 1: That's not the East. That's also not the top right.
Speaker 2: Oh no, it's not where am I? I could have?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: No, I scrolled down too far. Number one Duke had about the same result as number one Florida. The ruhmount Sat there's ninety three to forty nine. They look very much the part. They are also the only a SEC team remaining in the bracket. How long is that gonna lays? They will take on their nine Baylor, who's very talented.
Speaker 3: MISSISISPPI State second Amendment.
Speaker 1: Baylor in Mississippi State was the first game of the second day and it was quite good, and the second day was better.
Speaker 3: Wade VJ.
Speaker 1: Edgecombe was really good and that's one prediction we got right. I think we all went with Baylor and we said, hey, they got the superstar. Mississippi's eight doesn't like We'll talk about the SEC when we get to Oklahoma. Save Oklahoma for me. Uh and that's when I'll dunk on the SEC. But like Mississippi State, I know that they lost to a lot of good teams. They were still losses. Probably shouldn't have been an eight seed. Think West Virginia was just as good as Mississippi State looking back on it.
Speaker 2: Two blowouts in the four and five little mini quadrant. Here, Oregon blows away Liberty eighty one fifty two Liberty to the Sweet sixteen. Because I'm a moron, they got.
Speaker 3: Raw lad Organ and Happiness.
Speaker 2: Number four. Arizona also blew out accurate in the game. That was I mean, it was like close in the twenty eight, a few definite and then Arizona just annihilated them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Arizona's good. Caleb Love is a demon in the tournament. Like this is just January February, Caleber, I love my country. I don't know if Cam is doing Cam started doing podcast, I don't know. I thought it was Roy Williams at first, but I don't think I think it's w now.
Speaker 2: I think this is the voice of the Vietnam Kermit that he is in the group chat. That's what he sounds like.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, keep going, No, you shouldn't stop before we talk about this next team. This next team is the one that deserves it the most.
Speaker 3: I'll just keep going.
Speaker 2: Yeah, number six b YU, they get my number eleven VCU. I did not see this game as I was driving back from Oklahoma City to not watch Shake Gildess Alexander play basketball. But they do get to win, and they currently lead number three Wisconsin, who blew out number fourteen Montana eighty five sixty six. BAU does lead the Badgers by eleven and a half, so we'll see where that ends up. But Theau Wisconsin two teams that can score a lot of points, and either one I think will upset Number two Alabama, who needed all forty minutes to get by Robert Morris. They trailed briefly in the second half. Weirdly close game for the Crimson Tide. Ryan, do you still believe in this team? Do they have a real natty hope?
Speaker 1: I have them losing to BYU in the Sweet sixteen, because I don't.
Speaker 3: Think they can natty lot.
Speaker 1: I don't think they can defend anybody. And yeah, it was proof of this.
Speaker 2: They can't defend Robert Morris.
Speaker 1: Right, and yeah this was and this was one of those games that truly was very close for a while. Alabama trailed with six minutes left the game. I want to talk about here in this bottom right is Saint Mary's Vanderbilt, because Saint Mary's had a nice comeback. They ultimately got it done. Vanderbilt blew a twelve point lead. But don't be fooled because the bottom half of the SEC really shouldn't have been in the tournament as much as they were. Saint Mary's blows every year. I'm gonna pick a team to just dunk on in each corner of this bracket.
Speaker 3: And I guess in this one it ever gone wrong.
Speaker 1: It's Saint Mary's sucks. Like it just really irritates me that they exist as a program. I just don't care. Like they have never had a single win of importance in their lives. Can you think of if I listed all these other teams, Baylor, Ore, Agon, b Yu, we think of colossal wins they've had what name one game that Saint Mary's won that made you go, wow, that was impressive. There isn't one.
Speaker 3: I'm honestly probably like a religious crusade from the fifth century after ad No.
Speaker 1: Their biggest win ever is Landon shouting oh me into the microphone.
Speaker 3: That was I didn't remember that was Landon. That said that that.
Speaker 1: Is Land because we didn't know anything to talk about regarding Saint Mary's so we were like, I guess land and can say something funny about this, so awesome. Just kids dog walked by Gonzaga every year and now they're better than Gonzaga record wise, but we all know that they're not actually better than Gonzaga. Yeah, they get twenty seven meaningless wins every year and then lose to a double digit seed. This year they almost lost to a double digit seed, and they will get baptized by nat Oates.
Speaker 3: I will so.
Speaker 1: Yes, Yes, Alabama struggles against teams that can score. Saint Mary's doesn't score.
Speaker 2: But Palldama does help teams score a lot.
Speaker 1: They do, they do, but it doesn't matter. Saint Mary's will not keep that close and if they do well, there's a reason we're pretending Round two hasn't happened yet. Land and Cam tell me all about the Midwest region. This is all yours.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I had to scroll for a second. I had a mini panic attack.
Speaker 1: Strolled down to the genuine rolling in the bracket.
Speaker 3: During this podcast, half the time I forget we're on a podcast, and I'm like, I'm stalking to my buddies. Number one Houston obliterated Southern Illinois University Edwardsville. I don't know if that's correct. We're doing the first round right, yes, good to know. Yep, good, yep. We're not into round two when we're recording. Number eight Zaga played like the team they were supposed to be all year. They beat Georgia eighty nine to sixty eight. Sixty eight is higher than most Georgians can count. Hard to bring it to them that they lost for that much, but they did. Number five Clemson, he was twenty seven to three. By the way, twenty seven to three. I paid attention to it. Just remember they could have won if Mike Pence still had the courage to do what was right. Number five Clemson sixty seven. Number twelve McNees sixty nine. Nice in a game that will Wade showed up to sweating profusely about an FBI wiretap. The McNees appears to be a man on a horse. I don't know what their mascot is. Won by two points.
Speaker 1: There you go, clembs in thirteen first half points in this game. If Louisville losing in the first round wasn't an indication it was going to be a bad day for the acc Then Clemson in a game that Cam bet the over and it missed by half a point. Ye, Clemson had called time and he was right, Well, I mean, okay, just keep going.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know. Uh. Number six seed Illinois eighty six, sweaty Sean Miller sweating through three shirts, wearing degree anti Persepriant seventy three.
Speaker 1: I think can't skipped over Perdue. Did you talk about the high point? Hey, yeah, that's fine. They don't beat a point. Everybody's upset. Darling, Illinois looked impressive. I think Illinois is gonna beat Kentucky, who beat Troy as Camp will tell you in a game. Land And texted me it was it's kind of close. And then I looked up from six to twenty like in a blur. I think ILLINOI is gonna beat Kentucky. They're more experienced.
Speaker 2: I kind of agree, Illi Kentucky.
Speaker 3: You don't think so their favorite I do, Okay.
Speaker 1: Illinois will be Kentucky getting healthy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they are very volatile team though. Yeah, Kentucky seventy six Troy fifty seven. Landed during the middle of this game, texted, Wow, Kentucky really cannot pull away from Troy. And then I put my phone down, came.
Speaker 1: Back to him and say that one. Ryan said that. I said it's I said, Kentucky can't quite shake them, and oh, yeah, this is gonna be a close game, I think, and then it was not.
Speaker 3: I'm so glad. I group chap for betting advice Ryan.
Speaker 2: Ryan does this thing where he expertly frames everything that ever is said as not being said by him.
Speaker 3: First's like that, Yeah.
Speaker 1: I have the most experience. That's right, except for whenever it comes to predicting teams that absolutely positively will never give Kansas a challenge in the tournament, and then they usually later that year and only after I tweet mean things about that team.
Speaker 3: Your apology arts are wild. They are. Yeah, yeah, they really are.
Speaker 1: One.
Speaker 3: Speaking of apology arcs, I should apologize to Mick Cronin for making fun of his hiat Utah State seventy two to forty seven, they were about to lock in against Tennessee and Rick Barnes, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Tennessee covers maybe allegedly bet on that, and then number two Tennessee beat Wafford by fifteen points seventy seven to sixty two. Guys, how do we feel about Rick Barnes in March?
Speaker 1: I think Rick barb is, I think he Yeah, I think that he's got a pretty good chance to win a couple more games here though. Also, of all sixty four teams that played relative to their expectations, was Utah State the most disappointing because that game was supposed to be close and they just flat out they just laid down and died to a very mass UCLA team.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's definitely up there there. There's always a game like that, I feel, where they're supposed to be a really good.
Speaker 1: Game, and somewhere half the years it involves Vanderbilt and or TCU. This year it was Yutah State.
Speaker 3: Get old Jamie.
Speaker 1: Dixon in the West Region, number one Florida smashed Norfolk. There was norfolking way that they were gonna do what they did to Missouri? Am I right?
Speaker 2: Boom?
Speaker 1: Okay, well you know what, I'll still give myself a drum fill. And then Yukon. As guys, sports betting's hard, and I'm not saying you should ever wager your house, your spouse or anything that should you know worth out. But whenever Yukon plays Oklahoma in the NCAA tournament, and last I checked, that means Dan Hurley against Porter Moser, who does look snazzy in his suits, I will say I appreciate how he still rocks the black suit with the maroon tie. If only it was a better basketball coach that used that. Because Oklahoma, who the committee looked at and said, six out of eighteen wins in conference play, let's give him a single digit seed SEC. For some reason they thought that was a good idea. Oklahoma should have never been in the tournament. And then they lose to Yukon in a game that people will say, hey, you know, they only lost by eight, it did it really won that close? Oklahoma was never gonna win this game. They never were in it, like they even had a lead with eight minutes left, and I was like, huh, okay, they're not in the game. We all knew what was gonna happen. Dan Hurley's now won thirteen straight NCAA Tournament games, and his next one he'll have to take down the number one seed in the region. But Yukon guys ucon money line against Oklahoma, and you're telling me you don't like money. That's the only way you wouldn't have bet on this game? Am I right?
Speaker 2: From my point of view, yes, I E I don't think about it. They did.
Speaker 1: They did the committee get it wrong with the SEC because like we'll talk about we already talked about Texas losing and Oklahoma Vanderbilt, Mississippi State. There's another one that I'm I'm missing all these all these lousy secs, Georgia.
Speaker 3: Issues that you can't say they got it wrong off a single elimination tournament.
Speaker 1: But the that's the argument is that these teams were never that good. They were just no having better quote, they were having better laws. But it's like.
Speaker 3: It's the same thing as when the Big twelve had, like Baylor is a four seed and they lose to like Georgia, State and Kansas loses to witch Daw State in the second round, Like, it's the same thing.
Speaker 1: We can't But the difference in that is when Baylor loses to to whoever. Baylor as like a twenty four and eight team, Vanderbilt was like like eighteen and fourteen, Oklahoma level six and twelve and sec.
Speaker 3: Take.
Speaker 1: Like, my argument is that just because you lose to good teams, Like yeah, but they look at who they scheduled in the non conference, like they just they I don't know, I if you win six out of eighteen league games, I don't care what league you playing. I don't need you in the tournament. I think you should have to be five hundred in conference play to even be just because like, sure, if you played this again with these SE's teams do better. Yeah, maybe a little bit. But like I just think the argument is they were never really that good and their metrics were being propped up because they were losing to good teams. They still would have lost to not so great teams like in Texas's case, Xavier and in Oklahoma's case a meh Yukon team. Right, Like those those mesically aren't as sexy of losses, but there's still losses. I don't know. I just don't need to see all these SEC teams take l's every single round.
Speaker 3: I agree.
Speaker 2: I also agree with that I don't need to see it. But I don't think that that means the committee inherently got it wrong.
Speaker 3: I just don't.
Speaker 1: I just don't think that. I think that they overestimated the SEC. It was always top heavy. Florida and Auburn are juggernauts. Alabama's been sexiest hell at times this year. A and M is pretty good. Missouri, I know they lost, but Missouri had a nice year in a lot of ways. They got better wins than most of these other teams. Like, I don't know, I just don't need all the nine tens and eleven's to be SEC teams. And then they don't do anything, and we're a surprise. I don't know, a team that we really shouldn't expect to ever do anything. Number five Memphis. They get pants by twelve seed Colorado State, and then they will move on and play four seed Maryland, who just destroyed Grand Canyon. Tyon Grant Foster, older than Zion Williamson, by the way, didn't play very well Grand Canyon. If there's anybody that could challenge UTAs State as a big disappointment in the first round, it's Grand Canyon's explosive offense, not even getting the fifty points. Maryland's really good. I guess the ACC could really use them. Still being repped there, the Big ten had a nasty first couple rounds. Are they still undefeated? As a recorder is? I know Wisconsin is in a dog fight, but as of right now current at eight thirty on yeah, they're really good.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think nine.
Speaker 1: Colorado State is the best Mountain West team in the second half of the season, and the Mountain West typically not very good in the NCAA tournament. Do we give them much of a chance to beat Maryland? They are an eight point underdog.
Speaker 2: No, I think they'll hold them closer in Grand Canyon, But I also think Maryland's really, really good.
Speaker 1: Missouri was a disappointment. They lost to Drake in the game that was the most picked upset of the first round. The question going in was whose style would decide the pace, and it was Drake's. Drake pulled Missouri into the mud and save for a couple of uh save for a couple of runs, Missouri really couldn't get anything going at all. A high scoring offense was held his fifty seven points. Drake moves on to play Texas Tech and then the Red Raiders have already won that game to go to the Sweet sixteen. They handled you and C. Wilmington, who was feisty, and then they end up beating Drake in the round of thirty two. Texas Tech is the Big twelve second best team, and with the way their bracket has opened up a little bit, I think they're the favorite to reach the Elite eight.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I would agree with that. I I my one good pick, perhaps of this entire bracket was Texas Tech to the Elite eight.
Speaker 3: I love Grandma castle On.
Speaker 1: Yeah, his his style is just absolutely And as for Drake, I got the Missouri game wrong because I thought this style would win. Drake has had an amazing season. Like they lose today, they won thirty two basketball games. Get a good look at their head coaches. He's not going to be coaching there very much longer. He is going to get a better job here very soon, as early as he wants it. U and they they pop Missouri like a really rough hour for the locals there on Thursday night with Kansas and Missouri going down, and then I saw a Kansas State fan after the k State women one in their opening in tournament games, say hey, k State has a basketball team that going further in the tournament than I did. I saw you, and you were nicer than what a lot of people I knew whenever I retweeted that that it would it would nuke the.
Speaker 3: Some people would have wanted to I wanted to say something a lot worse.
Speaker 1: But yeah, which good for you. The first step is is that's that's why we have a job. Then we obviously the seven to ten in the bottom left is Kansas. We talked about that and Saint John's who baptizes Omaha and then loses to who else but John Caliperry John Calipari. For our guys, Arkansas is going to the sweet sixteen. They control the second half and take down Saint John's. The Johnny's are the first top four seed to lose in the first in the Sincia Tournament as a whole. Is it fair to say that Arkansas just is figuring things out as at the right time of the year, or did they just get a little bit in CAA luck and uh and and that's.
Speaker 3: That it's both.
Speaker 1: I think it is both.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 1: Rapid fire, machine gun style through these games that has not happened. Uh we Auburn has already been Creighton and Michigan bt A and M. That matchup is set. Who wins Old miss and Iowa State?
Speaker 3: Iowa State Iowa State agreed?
Speaker 1: Number ten New Mexico versus number two Michigan State. I will take the Spartans, but boy, would that be unsurprising.
Speaker 2: I will also go Spartans, but I also think.
Speaker 3: It would be very unsurprising Spartans pull away late.
Speaker 1: Number one do first is numb nine Baylor. The Blue Devils are a thirteen point favorite. I will take Baylor to cover, but Duke to win.
Speaker 2: Yeah, closer, but Duke wins.
Speaker 3: I think Duke wins by like fifteen.
Speaker 1: Number five Oregon versus number four Arizona. Zona is a four point favorite. I am very hesitant to trust Caleb Love, but I think that they are the noticeably better basketball team than Oregon, and I will pick them to win.
Speaker 2: They are playing really well. It's hard to ignore Oregon over Liberty there as well, but I guess I will go Zona in a good game. I think it's gonna be very close Pack twelve rematch.
Speaker 3: I'm shockingly confident this it's gonna be Zona.
Speaker 1: Number six BYU, currently beating Wisconsin by eleven and a half time. But I had that in my bracket originally. Love BYU's team. I think they make the Elite eight.
Speaker 2: I also had BYU originally I will continue to take them.
Speaker 3: I allegedly back currency on this. Give me BYU.
Speaker 1: And then number seven Saint Mary's against number two Alabama. Bama just a five point favorite to me. I don't bet on sports, but I would, to quote some camo, I would wail bomb Alabama nuclear shamboos, submarine bomb. I think they just absolutely whitewashed Saint Mary's in this game.
Speaker 2: I don't think they can defend well enough to do so they will win, though I agree.
Speaker 3: I think they win by like thirteen to fifteen points.
Speaker 1: Number one Houston taking on number eight Gonzaga and the toughest match up any of the ones get. They are currently beating Gonzaga and their defense is winning out. I would have picked them to win, but Gonzaga is not a team that you want to play in the second round.
Speaker 2: Definitely, so I will remain with Houston here, yep, I agree, And then we already know Perdue beat McNeice, and so that just leaves on the bottom half here.
Speaker 1: I will continue, just like in my bracket, to say number six Illinois beats number three Kentucky. I'm a little surprised their favorite, but I think they are the right call. Landon, You're a little turned off by teams that can't defend at all. That would be Kentucky.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in Illinois, like you said, they're getting healthier and they can fill it up themselves. I think they, Lion, I get them.
Speaker 3: I hate doing this, but I think you guys are both right. I think so.
Speaker 1: I so badly want to see John Kelli Perry go further in the tournament than Kentucky. So I'm ruind number seven UCLA have any shot against number two Tennessee. This is another one where Tennessee is just a five point favorite. I would I would pound the two seed if I had to bet money in this.
Speaker 2: Case, I say this I think is the baptizing. I think this is Tennessee.
Speaker 3: By a lot. Yeah, Tennessee.
Speaker 1: And then in the bottom left, I'm gonna save the one seed game, which there's only one more because we know it's Texas Tech in Arkansas, both winners today at number twelve, Colorado State against Maryland. We all picked the Turps and that leaves this number one Florida a nine point favorite against number eight Yukon, who has won thirteen straight NCAA tournament games.
Speaker 3: It's dude, it's inn or No, it's Florida. Sorry, it's Florida.
Speaker 2: By Florida is so good.
Speaker 1: So this is one of those matchups where Yukon has the experience. Their coach has been there, Florida's has not. Todd Golden hasn't been.
Speaker 3: I don't think it matters, and I know I do.
Speaker 1: I know his team's really good, but I think this comes down. I think this comes down to the last shot, and I will take Florida because I agree they are much better. But I would not be surprised at all of Yukon finds ways. All they do is win in March like I would not be stunned at all.
Speaker 2: All stretches, all all runs and for March Madness runs, they all die eventually, and this is where Yukon's does. Florida not a blow up right stretch, but Florida does win, Florida wins battle like.
Speaker 1: Eight, there's our pick, there's our picks, and now here's a few questions. Maybe so I asked for ascarcbs at the beginning of the show or at the beginning of the day, and it was gonna come down to time, and we only have eight. So I guess we'll go ahead and answer all of them and that'll be the end of the show. Here we go at k e I'm gonna go ahead and read all the questions, and there may only be one. I haven't read these yet. I'm gonna gohead read all the questions about who's coming back at kate Eiden fourteen. Does aj Store return? You could argue he was the best player against us in Arkansas. Let's see here. Actually that is pretty much the only thing about that. I'm surprised. No, I'd be stunned if Store comes back. I wouldn't I wouldn't hate it. I think I'd rather have Griffin if I could only have one of them. But I do not believe we're gonna see a J Store wearing Cana jersey again.
Speaker 2: Correct.
Speaker 1: I fully agree, no chance at Berner Gooff eight thousand and two, says, this has been a crappy season, but a great season of inside the Paint. Do you have any favorite mom episodes from this season? Thanks?
Speaker 3: Arizona preview.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Arizona State preview was explosive.
Speaker 3: It was like back Jeffrey Dahmer, good Lord.
Speaker 1: That's yes, it's been so a little behind the scenes. Look here, Cam had never spoken a word in person on the phone at all with Landon and I, who have been land and I have been friends for a while. Uh, and obviously I've been a yes, and I've done this show for a long time. We knew each other before we did the show. Cam and I always credit this, and I feel like that Cam's a pretty humble guy. So I really, Cam, I wanted to resonate with you, how insane I think it is that you just seamlessly on the first time we all three talked together was the first episode we recorded this year. Just true, like so many people would be so hesitant to start throwing in barbs and jokes at your co host expense because you don't know, and your fearlessness is just it's impressive. It's been a seamless fit. So Cam's been the real MVP. This year, Landon's been the m when it comes to attendance, and Cam has made it all. Yeah, that's why, by the way, all that Cam. A'll let Cam go in a second. But and and that's been why Landon's attendance has been so good because he has more fun doing this with Cam than anybody else.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Nick, you suck.
Speaker 3: With all the nice things be said. Guys. I I will enter my name into the transfer portal. If Barstool Sports wants to give me a bag, I will happily hop on Barstool Sports. Anybody else can go blank themselves. Not loyal man. Also, Cameron Brink on my TV, I might go run through my TV really quick. I can't.
Speaker 2: I saw a Cameron bring new Balance ad a minute ago, and I I was a little than I was pre.
Speaker 3: Balances have to change her name if she married you, Cam, Cam and Cam would be crazy.
Speaker 1: That was that may be, guys, you may have just heard the absolute stupidest thing that's ever been said on this show. Right now, you said I said, I said, If I said, if Cameron Brink Mary's Cam Lipple, Cameron Brink would not have to change her name.
Speaker 3: I'm happily committed to Emily Emily h Cam.
Speaker 1: I'm being told that you have a transfer portal update, you're have an offer from not the experts.
Speaker 3: I would like to shoot myself in the forehead. Oh sorry, guys, I'll take your call in five minutes.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say all say on that one. That's that's you know what I've been. I've been dragged enough this year. I get one in at Shelmy Hawk. Did you see the AT and T commercial with the bootleg college sports merch guy and it's hell Kansas ka and z A Z. Yeah. Kansas has been a couple Allen Fieldhouse ads this year too.
Speaker 3: The ads.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about the ads with this question. They mostly sucked. I don't need to see the perk piggy wee wee wee all the way home anymore.
Speaker 2: That's so.
Speaker 1: But there was one. There's one really good one. It's a capital one comer. So where there's James Nasmith in venting basketball. Have you seen this with the peach back.
Speaker 3: I just saw that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that one is so good. Legitimately a plus commercial, and that's hard to come by.
Speaker 2: All advertising because it is one of the horsemen of late stage capitalism.
Speaker 1: Wow, at us at at Audust underscore, Luke, if kJ Adams does not tear his achilles, does the team make a sweet sixteen run?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: You think they still lose.
Speaker 2: They're not good enough to beat good teams, guys, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: And if they had played, if they had played Saint John's, kJ would have been a pivotal piece to miss because that game would have come down to scrappiness. Louse balls fifty fifty balls and Kj's there their alpha with Yeah. Also, Luke asks, what are the odds Flory stays? I would be stunned if Florri Badunga leaves. I know that a lot of people believe. Yes, I think he's going to stay. He is the This is not a earnest two day situation where it's hmm, we might be on the lookout of someone else that's better is out there. Do you still want to say Florida Badunga is the locked in with a padlock starting five for Kansas next year? Bill self will do everything he needs to do to get him to stay, and I believe he will. He can also make an il.
Speaker 3: Money correct yep.
Speaker 1: At show me Hawk. We all think Darren Peterson is going to be really good. But if we learned anything this year, leadership wins games. He needs to be a leader. We're gonna need Darren Peterson to elevate our team. I agree with that, and everything coming out of the reports is that Darren Peterson is an alpha dog. Also Jamari McDowell, while not being a big name, true, Yeah, this coaching staff has done nothing but talk about how he is the loudest vocal leader on that team.
Speaker 3: I do too.
Speaker 1: And he guys like him and el Marco Jackson as much do we not be We might be crazy Tomco Yes, pass more. Those are the guys that they need to keep. We need to see those press. You're not gonna have the DeVante Grahams, the four year guys anymore. That are all ones, But you gotta have these guys.
Speaker 3: You guys just convinced me to pick Kansas money line every game next year.
Speaker 1: And and that's why this drop exists.
Speaker 3: Playing and simple, that's why hardboard box shoe.
Speaker 1: Me Hawk lists uh nine different games that Kansas could have won if they were even slightly more clutch, basically all of them besides Creighton Missouri and uh then there's a couple of them missing in there by you probably, uh yeah, that's that's the story of this team. They could not close out games and most of their losses were close. It sucks.
Speaker 3: If my aunt had a cucumber, she'd be.
Speaker 1: My uncle and then Joe me Hawk also points out that the twenty nineteen Midwest Regional in Kansas City, looking back on it, you had North Carolina and Kentucky. You had Auburn, who is an up and coming SEC power, and a current Big twelve member in Houston. That's a loaded regionally back on did you so, Cam, have you heard the store? Have you heard Nick's story from the twenty nineteen Midwest Regional?
Speaker 3: I don't think so so, Nick.
Speaker 1: When Kansas is announced as the four seed in twenty nineteen and they get drawn in the Kansas City region, Nick buys tickets at the T Mobile Center, all stoked to watch Kansas play North Carolina. All they gotta do is beat Auburn, and they're gonna play North Carolina at the Sprint Center. Well, they did not beat Auburn, we obviously know, Yeah, so Cam, alright, So Nick goes to the Sprint Center and watches three very good basketball games. North Carolina lost to Auburn. Houston lost to Kentucky and then Auburn beat Kentucky in a thrilling Elite eight game, and Nick just said it didn't matter because it felt like a waste.
Speaker 3: Aw man, you know what. I kind of get it though, because ironically, in two thousand and six, when Kansas lost as a what's the I can't remember what seed they were, they lost Bradley in the first round. Four yeah, four seed, yep, and we had tickets to the next round. We just sold them and didn't come back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's what I was want to But I think Nick said the problem was nobody wanted to buy the tickets because Kansas was gone and like the arena was half empty. I think that was that was part of it. But hey, Kansas City Region's coming back, all right? You ever have asked garcybs use a Twitter ash tag ask garcyby. So this is the point in the show where we don't have a game to preview unless you want a preview late night in the fog, want to get in on that.
Speaker 2: Darren Peterson to some really hype song and scored forty five points against Dylan will Heights's.
Speaker 1: Cousin Bill self starts l Marco Jackson at the point guard and Darren Peterson coming off the bench unless he shows that hustle and at heart.
Speaker 3: On DJ booth.
Speaker 1: If Bill Cel brings Darren Peterson off the bench, we have to fire Bamba's house.
Speaker 3: Like it's all I think we all swallow cyanide pills.
Speaker 2: Okay, suicide packed.
Speaker 3: For if you guys thought Jonestown was bad, just waiting to see Lawrence when uh freaking Darren Peterson comes off the bench bench for Jackson, Well.
Speaker 1: Well, well I thought that El Marco and David quit. Could they competed the best? They're going to start? Uh?
Speaker 3: They started?
Speaker 2: Peterson play the same minutes a game.
Speaker 3: I just know, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I will not happen. Darren will not come off the bench, and if he does, if he does.
Speaker 2: Quit, Cameron bring new balance out. It's back.
Speaker 1: Oh I'm zimpic, So it's every bit as good in my book.
Speaker 3: I just have nothing to say to that.
Speaker 1: We will be back in the middle to the end of this upcoming week to talk about the second round, a preview the second weekend, and hopefully we'll have some Kansas news, maybe some portal news, maybe some news about guys like kJ. Maybe some news about guys like self. What they're gonna do well at the very least keep you entertained and land.
Speaker 3: And kJ Adams creates a LinkedIn profile.
Speaker 1: Hey, he didn't need it until now, and now he does. Landon you had said that you were going to hit the interwebs and come up with another exercise for us, like our draft one that was fun. We're gonna need them normally he go deeper into the tournament with shows. But we're definitely going to need We're definitely gonna need it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's let's do another draft. I'll come up with a topic and they'll be fun.
Speaker 3: There was a there was a fan of the show on Twitter that I can't remember his name, but he said that we should start YouTube. And I read that tweet. I closed my phone app and I threw my phone as far as I could.
Speaker 2: Why just because you don't you don't want to be on YouTube.
Speaker 3: I don't think anybody wants me on YouTube. I I don't think it's a bad take. I think it was a good idea. But if you put me on YouTube with the things that I say on this podcast and we can't edit it, perfectly, guys, we're all going to prison.
Speaker 1: Correct, Well, Cam.
Speaker 3: Am fine, I'm not.
Speaker 1: Probably I'm going I'm I'm on trial. Cam is already locked up. Probably fine.
Speaker 3: I was just following orders. And that was used in historical context as well.
Speaker 1: No no, no, no, no, no no no guy. Season loss episode I'm Ryan lanzerth.
Speaker 2: On Landing Fields. That was a little more I feel like we were a little more put together today than normal for the season loss.
Speaker 3: Whatever stage of grief, I'm Bill self degenerate cousin, I don't know.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, we'll be back soon. Next show is show five hundred. Oh yeah.
Speaker 3: I like how you thought that there'd be a season I need loss at five hundred and we're like, hey, guess what it came early Kansas blows.
Speaker 1: Kid, get your nipples hard. It's show five hundred. Guys, we'll do something.
Speaker 3: Pierce your nipples and show up with a smile.
Speaker 1: Pierce nipples, yes or no.
Speaker 3: Allegedly, I can't say anything right now.
Speaker 1: No, somebody say bye before it. Cam actually does go to jail.
Speaker 3: Me oh man,