Speaker 1: The sports page with the Orlando Sentinel at FM ninety six nine. In the games, Mike the Bulldog beyond you on jr R.
Speaker 2: Bulldog Sports Page, brought you by our jr R. Tuesday ticket takeover yet another avenue to win Metallica tickets for the Friday night show Taco.
Speaker 1: Yes, very simple. All you do is if if you're not following us yet on Instagram, please do. It's at one oh one one w jr R. A post will go up and hey, you could win some Metallica tickets and they're gonna pick multiple people at I always like to point that out.
Speaker 2: That post is actually up right now at one oh one one w jr R. If you want to swim by it at any point today and do as instructed, you'll be in the running to win those stickers. Now, Bulldog. I hate to be presumptuous here, but I have a feeling as much as it's gonna pain you, you may have to dish out of how that tastes your you know, Oklahoma women's softball team.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the curse of Taco Bob is what it is.
Speaker 2: Man hit him with it, Hit him with it.
Speaker 3: Taco Bob predicted Oklahoma was gonna win their fifth straight national championship. Of course he always picks the favorite. Well, guess what. Texas Tech, fueled by nil money, beat the Oklahoma Sooners last night three to two in the Women's College World Series. The Sooners did not go down without a fight. They hit a home run in the last and he tied it up with the Texas Tech wins it in the bottom half of the inning. Wow, Texas Tech, what a story they are. They've got this booster up at Texas Tech. Was it Cody Campbell's name. He's like this billionaire natural gas baron in Texas. In Texas, he went to Texas Tech letterd in football. There, he's a billionaire. He is pumping all sorts of money into the Texas Tech athletic program, including the softball program, their star player, their pitcher, a transfer from Canada, and the Jerry Kennedy a transfer from Stanford. I mean the Jerry Kennedy a million dollars uh nil deal for one season this year.
Speaker 1: That's how we do it.
Speaker 3: She's pitched every pitch in the College World Series and she's the major reason why they are playing for the national championship against Texas And watch I'm gonna tell you, guys, this Texas texts football program. Because of this, Cody Campbell guy signed the number one transfer portal class in the country. Uh, watch out for them in college football this year. They could compete for the national championship in college football as well.
Speaker 2: So I guess we're not going to get a how that taste? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Have that taste?
Speaker 1: Oh that was not very aggressive, not very emphatic. Hey, got a question for you boys all. But you know how I only know bits and pieces. I'm sure you know that dog, but it picked up on Pat knows that it's bits and pa. So what is it with this FBI investigating baseball or nil or something like that?
Speaker 2: You heard anything about it?
Speaker 1: I investigating baseball. Go ahead and google that and you'll have a story in a couple of days, you know, breaking news. Bob name, do you know anything about that? Lynch?
Speaker 2: No, I'm assuming one of his sports circle buddies put this in their group text and Bob has picked up on it in group text.
Speaker 1: I was watching a little sports action and.
Speaker 2: What about what about over in college baseball? Bulldog?
Speaker 3: Well, the major story in the state is Gator baseball coach Kevin O'Sullivan. I don't know if you guys saw the viral profane rant over the weekend. So the Gators were playing in a regional up and Coastal Carolina, and the previous night's game between East Carolina and whoever they were playing went late, so they pushed the game the the after the morning game back in an hour because East Carolina finished like past midnight. In Kevin O'Sullivan just went on this f this f that rant that was caught on video, of course, and he had to apologize yesterday. The athletic director at Florida, Scott Strickland, apologized yesterday. If you haven't seen this video, go watch it. I mean it was. It was the most childish thing you've ever seen. And Kevin O'Sullivan should be ashamed of The Coastal Carolina coach just ripped him a new one. Uh after the game.
Speaker 2: So that was Meanwhile, Miami moves on to a super regional along with Florida State.
Speaker 3: That's right, Miami and Florida State both in the super regional. Of course, the Gators didn't make it, which is why, probably why Kevin O'Sullivan is such a jerk. But yeah, so good for Florida State and Miami. By the way, would you like to see Florida State finally win a College World Series? They didn't do it all those years under Mike Martin. Remember I think he was Oh, I think he went to the College World Series seventeen times and never won. So it'd be great for Link Jarrett, the new Florida State baseball coach, to win a national title for the summer.
Speaker 2: Hey, Bulldog, I thought, you know, since we're waiting on the start of the championship rounds for hockey and basketball tonight, this morning might be a good spot where I could bring this up. And I do not mean to blindside you. Will put you on the spot with this, and I get a question for you. Have you watched the Dale Earnhardt four part documentary on Amazon Prime yet?
Speaker 3: I have not, but I want to watch.
Speaker 2: Okay, you ask In the fourth part, the final part, which focuses on the tragic day at the Daytona five hundred back in two thousand and one, which took the legend's life. They brought up a very painful memory that I quite honestly had forgotten about, and I thought, who better to ask than you? The Orlando Sentinel, which you were a fairly new employee at at the time, and their lawsuit to try to get access to autopsy photos.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, I remember that. In fact, I wrote an obituary on Ed Hinton, the legendary former Sentinel NASCAR writer who died a few months ago.
Speaker 2: Go read it.
Speaker 3: I went into all of what happened back then. The Sentinel did a six month investigation before Dale Earnhardt died. Leading up to that Daytona five hundred on NASCAR had just totally dropped the ball on safety in their sport. Three drivers in the previous months had died on the track, including Adam Petty, the grandson of Richard Petty, who was going to be a great, great driver. And the Sentinel did this investigation, led by Ed Hinton, and you know, NASCAR pushedback, said Hinton was full of crap, said the Sentinel was full of crap. You know, their facts were all wrong. And then what happens, Dale Earnhardt dies at the Daytona five hundred and boom, just like that, the scenario change. Yes, the Sentinel did request the autopsy photos and any you know, and the the propaganda out there back then was, oh, the Sentinel wants to print these autopsy photos. That was never the intention of what the Sentinel was trying to do. In fact, the Sentinel got the autopsy photos. They had a settlement with Teresa Earnhardt, they got the autopsy photos. The reason they wanted to get the autopsy photos was because they wanted to show the photos to an independent medical expert at Duke who could look at the photos and explain why Dale Earnhardt died because the Sentinel did not trust NASCAR, all right, And the guy looked at the photos and yes, Dale Earnhardt died of the same basil I think was Bassilor's skull fracture that Adam Petty and the other drivers had died from. And guess what, NASCAR immediately changed it stance and a driver has not died on the track ever since. So anybody who wants to portray the Sentinel, is this gruesome trying to print the photos. That was never the intention the Sentinel, in my opinion, along with Dale Earnhardt's death, is the reason NASCAR is a much safer sport today.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, that's why I wanted to throw it squarely into your court to have a comment on in Boy did You Wowsers? He is Mike the Bulldog Biyonkey, host of Opened Mike weekday mornings on adjacent to s AM seven ninety six ninety Game. He takes time on his show each morning to join us here for the sports page on j R R.
Speaker 3: By the way, Happy birthday to day to the soul of funk Master Curtis Mayfield oj r R