Speaker 1: This is Dan Caples and welcome to today's online podcast edition of The Dan Caplis Show. Please be sure to give us a five star rating if you'd be so kind, and to subscribe, download, and listen to the show every single day on your favorite podcast platform. Hey, American way is beautiful summer days, right, and we're gonna have plenty of those we have already, but broilers over the weekend. Much of Colorado will be a hot and dry getting up around one hundred on Sundays, So enjoy every minute of it. You don't have to shovel heat, right, Ryan. So favorite time of the year, Well, there are a lot of favorite times of the year around here. Three or three seven, one, three eight, two five five the number text d an five seven seven three nine. Hey want to come out of the gate with this one? Uh Gleayne Maxwell? That monster right who facilitated all of this child rape? I mean, just absolutely horrific stuff. Are we in agreement that under no circumstances whatsoever can President Trump even think about pardoning her? And I don't believe if he ever would think about pardoning her. But his DOJ has spent the full last two days or most of those two days meeting with her in her jail cell. Well, I should say at the jail, right, they're not sitting in the cell. They would have got a conference room. Here's the President commenting on that today.
Speaker 2: Would you consider a.
Speaker 3: Pardon or a commutation for Helen macwill?
Speaker 2: Is something I haven't thought about? What really is not recommended?
Speaker 4: That something I'm allowed to do it, But there's something I have not thought about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he's not going to do it. You cannot pardon a person like that. You cannot pardon a person directly responsible for probably countless child rapes at this point, just can't do it. But what about DOJ doing a deal with her where she gets some sort of very substantial sentence reduction in exchange for naming names.
Speaker 5: What about that?
Speaker 1: Now, obviously there's a reason DJ has been there for two days, right, because that's what's in the works. That's what's in the works, is what can she give up in exchange for I'd be surprised if it was her absolute freedom, it won't be a pardon. But if if it's in exchange for being released from prison or at least, I would be more inclined to think maybe they cut the sentence down to another six months or whatever. But but should DOJ give that up if it came down to, Okay, she gets her freedom in exchange for giving up the names and testifying in those prosecutions, would you support that deal? Three or three seven one three eight two five five text d A N five seven seven three nine. I think the administration knows that this Epstein matter has has become an issue for it. The left is way overplaying it in terms of political harm to the administration. But it's certainly a distraction at a time when you know, Trump's on a roll on so many different fronts, and they'd really rather get rid of this, obviously, And it's it's typical Trump right where and there are rare missteps. It's really amazing how many things he does well compared to how many missteps. And we all have missteps, right, it's a human endeavor life is. But he seems to find a way to then turn those few missteps into big wins. And I think that's one way that they're attempting to do that now with Epstein, is if in the end they engineer a deal with her where she then names names and there can be all these other prosecutions, big victory for the Trump administration. So love your take on that and this gorgeous Friday afternoon. A lot of other ground we want to cover as well.
Speaker 5: Ryan, How are you doing? I think?
Speaker 6: And then there got through another two hour odyssey today or the Dan Kaplish pregame show.
Speaker 1: Yes, And I don't think it's getting through it at all. I think you enjoy every minute of it, as we all do.
Speaker 7: Right, it's been a wild week, hasn't it.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness? Well they all are now, right, really is? I mean, it's just the twenty four to seven news cycle. And then we get into the issue we've spent a lot of time on this week, and don't mean to say I told you so, But several days later, it seems like the national consensus from commentators is now landing where I started, which is to hold your breath on any criminal prosecutions over you know, this horrific lie, this horrific twisting of intelligence that we used to try to destroy Donald Trump. It was evil, it was very very damaging to this country, let alone to President Trump.
Speaker 5: But highly unlikely to be.
Speaker 1: Many criminal charges out of that, And I think the President himself acknowledged today that there won't be any for Barack Obama, right if for no other reason, the fact that the immunity ruling, which the US Supreme Court I think was dead right on and benefited President Trump, will certainly benefit President Obama. Here now, starting point for me is I think Obama did evil, evil things when it came to this Russia hoax, But I don't think he did criminal things. Somebody may prove me wrong on that, but a I don't think he committed crime. Games he committed to moral offenses. He did terrible things to this country, was extraordinarily dishonest, but I don't think it fits any particular criminal charge.
Speaker 5: Somebody disagrees. Happy to have the.
Speaker 1: Conversation, and in case we know there's not going to be any prosecution of Barack Obama, will there be.
Speaker 5: Something against somebody in his orbit? Probably?
Speaker 1: I don't think the administration starts all this unless they thought they had somebody they could charge for perjury or something else in his orbit. But I don't expect any mass prosecutions. I think you had a bunch of people doing evil things to try to destroy an innocent man, and that harmed this country gravely. But I think they probably very carefully stayed on the non prosecutable side of that line. What are you betting on, my friend, you bet on prosecutions convictions?
Speaker 6: Oh, I kind of went where the clips you requested led me. And I think if there's going to be one sacrificial lamb or scal that'll kind of be put on the scoreboard for the Trump administration, it's John Brennan on a perjury charge. Yeah, that's an easy layup, I think. And then also he was central to the advancing of the Russia collusion hoax narrative and then denied that the Steele dossia was any part of their intelligence gathering process. There's video of this him testifying with Trey Goudy questioning him, and you could tell Representative Gaudy at that time South Carolina Republican kind of knew it was like the caduait the Canary, knew what it was really true, but was getting Brennan to perjure himself really in front of Congress.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And Jonathan Turley, level headed guy who I think is a go to source.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he thinks that Brennan is the most vulnerable.
Speaker 8: And it does appear that a couple of these figures may have committed perjury. I think the most vulnerable maybe Brennan, who is like a thirty point buck now out in the open. I mean, he's this stuff goes directly to information that he gave to Congress. It seems to be in contradiction, and so there are real questions here. I mean people talk about, well, you can't charge Obama. That's very likely the case. He's probably protected. But these individuals, whether it's Comb or Brennan, are not protected from perjury charges. If the central limitations has not run, they are more likely to be called again to repeat prior testimony.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so they'll be a lot happening here, and there should be, right because Americans should know what happened, and they should know who did it, and they should know for certain that there are these group of people out there on the left you cannot trust.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that has to see the light of day.
Speaker 1: But the answer to this, ultimately, I don't believe is going to be found in the criminal courts. It's going to be found in the court of public opinion, which is going to manifest at the voting booth. Then so, yes, these truths need to be known and then in terms of justice for President Trump, who was so wrongly accused in his first term, undermined so gravely, hopefully the justice is found now in this triumph. And when we think about it, this triumph of him is going to go so far beyond any kind of triumph he would have experienced in a consecutive second term. Right, And historically we know second terms tend to sort of fade out, if nothing else just human fatigue, and they fade out. But because of everything that happened in this triumphant comeback and surviving the assassination attempt and just overcoming everything he had to overcome, he now is going to have an infinitely more impactful second term. So maybe there's some real justice found in that. And does certainly some poetic irony, right when it comes to the left that broke all these rules and broke all of these moral rules in order to try to destroy him. Dan Galaine already willingly answered all questions asked to about one hundred people News is reporting, So I'm not quite sure what that text is saying, but listen, if the point is the reason Deo j spent two hours with her is they're getting it. Offer proof from her as to what she would be able to offer up in exchange for her freedom or near freedom. Yeah, I would fully expect that's the case. Otherwise you don't need all of this time over two days.
Speaker 5: Would you make that choice?
Speaker 1: Would would you allow somebody who'd been central to the mass rape of children to get out of jail a day early in exchange for anything. Let's answer that after the break.
Speaker 7: And now back to the Dan Kaplas Show podcast.
Speaker 1: My next fight. I think I'm going to use that. I think that's going to be my wallet. That's solid.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I always think of Miami Vice when this song comes on.
Speaker 6: Yeah, great episodes, great music on that shows Michael Thomas.
Speaker 5: But the whole.
Speaker 1: Premise, right, the whole premise said, Okay, you can be riding around in your hester Rose, so you can be dressed like that, you can look like that, and the bad guys would never figure it out, never figure out that you're a nark.
Speaker 5: Right, Yeah, yeah, but no, it was it was fun to watch.
Speaker 1: Actually sat next to him at what was that? What year was that Duke played somebody in Denver? I think it was NCAA Championship game final four? Yeah, Oh yeah, yeah, by accident. It's not like he said, I want to sit with that guy. You know, just what kind of there by accident? But uh, but yeah, seem like a good enough guy. Three or three someone three eight, two five five the number, but not the most famous person I've ever sat next to it a sporting event, and he guesses on who that would be Jack Nicholson. No, oh, no, that's Kelly's I think No, nobody would guess.
Speaker 6: No, Byron White Well, yeah, yeah, the Heisman Trophy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he had no idea. I was there.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure he said a word to me the whole time, but I said, right, he has a very very cool guy, very friendly guy. But you had a lot of people to talk to. Three or three set one three eight, two five five takes d an five seven seven three nine. By the way, he had said not in that conversation that there's no way Jack Kennedy would have supported this, this whole idea of legalized abortion and the idea that it was constitutional, et cetera. Do you see this story, Ryan, this isn't another story. Team caught allegedly going one hundred and eight miles an hour while racing card down highway eighty three and this is, by the way, an epidemic in Colorado. I know, I don't need to tell you if you're listening to the show, because you're probably in your car. And you know, you know when there's all of this started right when the left started to undermine law enforcement, and so now there we have very little enforcement because of left cutting budgets and not supporting cops. And then you know, understandably it's it's more reluctance to make a stop, et cetera. But bottom line is, because of the left, we now have kind of mad max roads where you've got people going these crazy high speeds all the time. So what do we need to do? Personally? I think we need a mandatory We need such a shock and awe mandatory punishing sentence for people going over a certain speed.
Speaker 5: Limit, no matter what. I mean, that's a starting point, right where would you draw that line.
Speaker 1: Let's say the punishment was going to be you lose your license for a year, and if you're caught driving during that year, you lose it for five and there's mandatory jail. And you know, the mandatory jail can be a week or whatever. If nobody gets hurt, if somebody gets hurt, then it does to skyrocket. But where would you draw that line on speed? Love to hear from me in that three or three seOne three A two five five the number text d A N five seven seven three nine.
Speaker 5: How about you, Ryan, where would you draw that line?
Speaker 1: Now? Listen, this is in addition to any other charges, right, Like somebody ends up injuring or killing somebody, then we've really got to toughen up those sentences. The vehicular homicide, the sentencing needs to be mandatory, needs to be much longer. But starting with sim assume nobody gets hurt, although far too often people do. If you go over X speed, you lose your license for a year, and there's a mandatory week in jail.
Speaker 5: What would that speed be?
Speaker 7: Wow, certainly one hundred.
Speaker 6: I think if you're going one hundred or faster, that's blatant disregard and recklessness for the people on the road. I think a lot of this is measured, as I've talked to police officers in the past, including my buddies.
Speaker 7: A state cup back in Michigan, it's flow of traffic.
Speaker 6: So if all the traffic is going, you know, in Chicago, I remember driving it was like fifty five miles an hour speed limit on the Kennedy. Everybody's going like seventy everybody, So I mean, you're not going to pull over everybody again if they're not, you know, breaching the flow of traffic. But when you have cars or craw rockets weaving in and out of traffic at very high rates of speed, I mean, that's when my alarm goes off. But certainly triple digits are higher. What's the number, okay you eight hundred?
Speaker 1: And I would bet Ryan that in this audience, for lots of different reasons, I would say eighty five percent of the folks would say that number, would say one hundred.
Speaker 5: You know, it's just kind of that round number.
Speaker 1: It just sticks out, and I think I think that's what people would say. But I'd love teer from you on that. Three or three seven, one, three eight two five five d an five seven seven, three or nine? And do you agree with the concept that listen't times have changed? The law has to change with it, and the law should have changed a long time ago. Anyway, we need much much tougher punishment for people driving recklessly. And I would guess the vast majority of people listening right now probably speed on a regular basis, you know, probably.
Speaker 5: Do up to nine over routinely, things like that.
Speaker 1: Now, you're not going to do it in a school zone, You're not going to do it in bed weather, You're not going to do it when it'd be dangerous. But that's probably what the typical person does in highway talking to highway conditions, that's not what I'm talking about here. You know what I'm talking about here, and you know it's exploding across Colorado.
Speaker 5: So do you support that? I think it's way overdue. Can you imagine a ballot measure in Colorado on that probably be ninety ten in favor. Let's go to Morrison, Colorado. Talk to either d or Denise. You're on the Dame Kapitala show. Welcome, hid is welcome, sir.
Speaker 2: My mom only gave me one end. So but that's a French way of spelling it.
Speaker 1: Oh, it truly is a Kelly, My apologies, I thought you misspelled it.
Speaker 5: You're a one end Dennis. Yes, holy cow, if every teacher, every everything you've ever signed up for people have said you misspelled your own name.
Speaker 2: Oh, I lived that since first grade when they passed stuff back at Catholic school and call me Denise.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: If anything, if I ever received any document and it was spelled wrong with two ends, my mom was there banging on their door because that's the Catholica. That's it's I'm named after Saint Dennis.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: Wow, I would have lost that question. But is this like a boy named Sue? Did your mom do it for that reason, just to make it tough?
Speaker 2: Well, I think I've told you in the past. My mom was a police officer in nineteen forty five. She's already done Pasadena, California. She right raised seven kids and sent us all the Catholic school and you know what, we've all toed the line. So you're a wonderful woman.
Speaker 1: You got to write a book about her.
Speaker 2: I could probably write an encyclopedia. Shee was a wonderful woman.
Speaker 5: Wow. Cool, what are you thinking?
Speaker 2: Well, I live up I've got a Morrison address. I live closer to Conifer, and we lost a couple earlier this week and they head on collision down I think near the Morrison Bridge. And they owned they owned a food truck up here called the Abide Ride, and they were up here and they were in Bailey. They were really well known in the community and I left behind a twelve year old and they someone up here. They set up a GoFundMe page for them and your listeners. If they're looking for it, they can just google abide go fund me and it'll come up with.
Speaker 1: Them abid Yeah, okay, yes, no, Dennis. For those who haven't heard, I read this story. How did this crash happen?
Speaker 2: Well, somebody was going the wrong way up to eighty five and they hit them head on and they said their speed was an excess of one hundred miles an hour. And and.
Speaker 5: Did the killer survive?
Speaker 2: I think so. They had to the fire department had to cut the car and have to get them out and both of them, both of them died at the hospital.
Speaker 5: So sad. And to go fund me again because we're about to break the gofund me again.
Speaker 2: Is it's it's they could go Google abide ride go fund me.
Speaker 1: Great, Dennis, thank you for the call, and we need to continue this conversation. I don't know the particulars there, but but what do we need to do with these penalties? Right because we see vehicular homicide in a lot of crashes like that that we talk about, and very very often those jail sentences are not very long, and don't blame the courts, blame the legislature. Very often those jail sentences are not very long. But do we need to have a mandatory, a mandatory of at least a year for vehicular homicide across the board in Colorado? What do we need to do with our traffic laws to start protecting ourselves from these killers? And they are killers, They're just killers on the highway here on the Dan Caplis Show.
Speaker 7: You're listening to the Dan Kaplis Show podcast.
Speaker 9: If they cut a deal, what should appears that they're trying to do with Julane Maxwell. Of course that will not be satisfactory to people, because she's part of the problem and how could you possibly trust her? And so he's got to deal. He's got to find a way out that would be satisfactory to a group of people, a MAGA base, voters who feel like this is one of the crimes of the century.
Speaker 1: I think that Sam Stein from The Daily Beast is wrong there. I think that if and he's missing a key step. If DJ as it appears they're in the process of doing cuts a deal with Maxwell where she helps the prosecution of a large number of people involved in these child rapes, and her help is material, and they succeed in arrests and convictions. You know, at that point, I think that would that would greatly satisfy you know, let's start with those in the President's base who feels like I do, that we need to get We need to get much, much, much much more of the truth on Epstein. Now, listen, I understand there's information regarding victims that victims may not want released. There's going to be information regarding people in Epstein's orbit who weren't involved in any crimes.
Speaker 5: We have to protect the innocent.
Speaker 1: But we need much more information regarding the guilty, and as a practical matter, the only way you're going to get that is probably through Maxwell. And so she's obviously trying to use that leverage right now. And I think it's a way that President Trump could come out of this in a very very strong position, as if his DOJ engineers that deal. And there are a lot of people brought down with her testimony, people who should be brought down. Now, listen, I'm the guy who told you before this idea han't her testify before Congress. The danger in that, obviously is even though she'd be under oath, the danger in that is she could just make stuff up and destroy people who didn't deserve to be destroyed. If you're operating now in a DOJ context where she's offering this offer of what she'd be able to give them in the course of prosecutions, and it turns out to be real and it leads to convictions, then that's a much different thing, much more valuable, much more important, much more credible, and much less likely to catch the innocent up in the fervor of the moment. Three oh three seven, one, three eight, two five five the number. So I expect that's where this is headed. And I think anything that can lead to more prosecutions of more child rapists we need to do. Giving Maxwell even a single day offer sentence, it really really bothers me because she's guilty directly or indirectly. In my view, she's guilty of mass child rape. Randy and Thornton, you're on the dan Kaplas. She'll welcome, Hey, Randy. Randy may be thinking deeply, which is always encouraged on this show. What we're really focused on right now and thank you for being here. Is this epidemic we've been talking about a lot on the show. I just read another version of it. It seems like there's a new story every day, and for every story reported of somebody off and young, but it can be any age, somebody driving, you know, one hundred, one hundred and twenty, one hundred and fifty driving fifty miles over the speed limit.
Speaker 5: Often these end and death, serious injury.
Speaker 1: But we've got another version of this story where how many times do you see it a week where okay, please stop, somebody going one hundred and thirty, one hundred and forty going eighty over the limit. It's time for this state to start protecting its children, start protecting the people we care about. It's time for this date to start hammering these reckless drivers mandatory jail, losing the license for a long time. So my question to you is, at what speed would you draw the line. Let's say that it's one of those where, thank god, nobody's injured or killed and there's no property damage.
Speaker 5: It's somebody busted going over X speed. At what point.
Speaker 1: Would you kick in mandatory loss of license for a year, mandatory week in jail. What would that speed be? And then let's talk about other areas. Do we now need at least a one year actually behind by our minimum for vehicular homicide? What about vehicular celt Because I'm telling you this is what I've done for a living for forty plus years. Is the civil side, the money damage a side of these catastrophic cases. And I'm here to tell you would be you would be blowing away, you would be furious, you'd be thrown up mad if you knew, if you knew how light, how light the penalties are under existing Colorado law for people who even go out and kill behind the wheel, and don't blame the judges, don't blame the prosecutors in most cases. Now, some prosecutors you can blame, especially in these you know, far left sorrows type prosecution offices. And we've talked a lot about, you know what Amy Padden did in that case where this precious, innocent twenty four year old girl or was killed by this teenager driving ninety in a residential area.
Speaker 5: And and he he.
Speaker 1: Gets a deal, I think, if I remember correctly, in the end, with just probation and maybe some community service. Yeah, but generally speaking, the problem is the laws themselves. So where would you draw that line? Three or three seven, one, three eight, two five five?
Speaker 5: The number?
Speaker 4: Hey, yes, ma'am, I do have a question permission to speak.
Speaker 5: Since when I need permissions and you should never need permissions.
Speaker 4: But you have defended so many victims in these speeding cases overly speeding. Would you say speeding could be considered a drug?
Speaker 1: Wow? What an interesting question, Kelly. As always, why do people do this?
Speaker 2: You know? What?
Speaker 1: Why do the people who go out there and drive fifty over seventy five over, whether they kill somebody or not, why do they do it? You know, that's a good question. I think many do it because they're on drugs. I mean, many of these situations we see now. I think there's been explosion to this since legalization of marijuana and Colorado became known as the State of Drugs rather than the state of health. But some of this one on before then, right, Yeah, I'm sure for some it's kind of an intoxicating high. I can tell you in my cases, and I have a lot of them, and I have a lot of them right now that fit this mode. It's a mix of things. Often there's some level of impairments. Sometimes it's just the thrill. But here's the common denominator, Kelly, to your good question, at least in my forty years of representing victims, is in each and every one of these cases, there is an absolute total disregard for innocent human life. They could not care less. They could not care less. That's the common denominator. But and we know this right to stop it, that to stop it, it's a matter of lots more support for law enforcement, lots more law enforcement out there on the road to enforce because right now, these reckless drivers know the chance of being caught is very slim unless they do crash, which they do way too often, and the penalties, the penalties have to be amped up enormously.
Speaker 5: So, Kelly, where would you draw that line?
Speaker 1: At what speed does somebody just automatically you lose that license for a year and you're going to jail for at least a week. Well, that assumes no crash.
Speaker 4: I honestly, I am so bewildered by the fact that I see so many of these motorcyclists, these bullet bikes. But it doesn't always end there. It's also different cars that are souped up, and they don't they run red lights. This is happening quite a lot. Yeah, And I mean you have often, you know, told everyone you know make sure that you look both ways, which I have adopted.
Speaker 1: In well before leaving a green light when it turns don't as soon you can go exactly.
Speaker 4: But I would say to your point about bringing up the fifteen year old who stole the mom's car killed the twenty four year old who was going over one hundred and a forty five, that should immediately engender Yeah, license.
Speaker 5: I don't think he had a license, So what are you going to do?
Speaker 4: I mean, I mean, he should be in jail for the rest of his life, but Amy Patton put him in probition.
Speaker 1: Texter Dan Texter disagrees with me in that thinks I'm being too tough. A week in jail and a year's suspension for one hundred miles plus no, no, needs to be a minimum of one hundred and twenty.
Speaker 5: See, I just disagree with that.
Speaker 1: So much of this carnage out there right now is happening between ninety and and one hundred, one hundred and ten plus. Uh, you can commit that there can be horrific carnage at forty.
Speaker 5: Miles an hour.
Speaker 1: So depending on the circumstances there three or three seven, one, three, eight, two, five five go to more texters at d an five, seven, seven through nine. The other issue we've mixed in is Glade Maxwell looks like they're in the process of working out a cooperation deal with her. A under any circumstances, should she be pardoned? And I say absolutely not. A B would you allow her to walk out of jail still a convict, et cetera? Walk out of jail if she's going to help put others away, other child rapists away who operated in Epstein's orbit and with Epstein, et cetera, how many should.
Speaker 5: She have to be able to put away to be able to get out of jail. You're on the Dan.
Speaker 7: Capla Show, and now back to the Dan Kaplass Show podcast.
Speaker 1: It's a matter of self preservation now and protecting our children, family, everything we love. If you haven't noticed, and I know you have, killers have taken over this state and they're on the roadways, and the left is undermine law enforcement, so we have very little enforcement on the roadways anymore. And the killers have noticed and They don't care about your life, or your children or anybody else, and they prove it every day. So they've made clear what they're gonna do, and what are we gonna do? What are we gonna do to protect the people we love, starting with our children? And if we don't do anything, then we're not men, We're mice. We're not women, we're what what? What's the corollary for that?
Speaker 5: Ryan?
Speaker 1: But the point being that we got to stand up for ourselves. And these laws have to change dramatically and there have to be much tougher penalties and mandatory minimums.
Speaker 5: What should that look like?
Speaker 1: Three O three seven one three eight two five five text d A N five seven seven three nine. Let's go to David in beautiful Colorado Springs. You're on the Dan Kaplo Show. Welcome David.
Speaker 2: How you doing, man?
Speaker 5: I'm living the dream? How about you?
Speaker 10: I'm gonna be a devil's advocate add in the grid the same time. Okay, it's first off, they're so young and dumb. We've all made dumb mistakes and unfortunately this is serious. But giving them a week in jail, give them six months, that's just a bunch of crying but I think that they the judge that sends improbation, but no cell phone, no nothing, because that's where they get hurt. You take their cell phone.
Speaker 5: How do you enforce it, Well.
Speaker 10: Youve got to You've got to hope the parents.
Speaker 2: Yeah, part of the game.
Speaker 1: But you know, let's zero in on your on your really important point about so often these people are young and dumb, and and what I'd say to that is you're right, but wait, First of all, that doesn't give them a right to kill. Second, you don't want them killed. So I think the penalties have to be so severe that it will penetrate, permeate that that within you know, high school, say people will understand and oh man, no you don't want to do that. Or if somebody's a passenger in the car, you don't want to do that. You're going to lose your license for two years, or you're going to lose your license for three years, or it's mandatory jail. We've got to do something so shocked and aw dramatic that that message sinks in. But David, thank you for your point about the young, and very often that is a case but no excuse, right, and so often they're killing other young people, whether they're passengers in the car or other young people they hit Dan. When I was younger, writes a text. Or I had a motorcycle, I would go out late at night, take the thing one hundred and eighty to two hundred miles an hour down empty freeways because it was a thrill, adrenaline boost, etc. And then it goes on from there, and I'm sure that's a common story. I can remember once when I was single and I was driving out to California to cover the Rodney King case. And I was on a remote stretch of highway and you taw nobody, nobody as far as the eye could see, and I went way too fast, and I thank god that something didn't happen. Then I know it was extremely stupid. I get all of that, but that's still no excuse. We've got to have those mandatory minimums. Brad in Highlands, Ray and you're on the Dan Kaplas, She'll welcome.
Speaker 3: Hey, Dan, how are you doing today, good man?
Speaker 7: Thank you awesome.
Speaker 2: I got a.
Speaker 3: Texta story for you. It might help Colorado lawmakers, and I'll pass the word around to the lawmakers that I know in the state of Texas. Back in the late eighties, if you were doing over one hundred miles an hour, imagine the speed limit on the interstate was about fifty five. If you were doing over one hundred miles an hour, they impounded your car. They crushed it and gave it back to you and gave you a ticket for littering if you didn't come and pick up your crushed car.
Speaker 5: We need something like that. That's what we need, Brad. Thank you.
Speaker 2: It actually happened to a friend of mine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he lost his car, got crushed and got a ticket for littering in the state of tech.
Speaker 5: I love that. It's something dramatic like that.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Brad gets everybody's attention and your friend owes them a debt of gratitude, right, because what are the chances your friend would have ended up then killing himself, or if you didn't kill himself, killed somebody else. And yeah, Dad, one hundred miles in town is insanity. One hundred on I seventy east of Strasbourg and a new Corvette I don't own one when there's not another current site should get a hefty fine. But you weren't in danger in anyone. Don't think that needs jail time for one hundred. Certainly for one fifty, the line should be somewhere in between, and based on location, fifty in a twenty when kids are on the sidewalk should be jail time. That's a very thoughtful, beautifully written text. And so yeah, I mean the law can be set up that way, but we do need I think we need that magic number of one hundred out there.
Speaker 5: I really do. And I think it needs to apply to highways as well.
Speaker 1: And believe me, I understand the Corvette example and that brief shining moment in time when I had a new Corvette, I wouldn't be shocked if it had gone over that number. But that's no excuse, right, So I think we need that magic number personally, we need that magic number everywhere. And then they've got to be mandatory minimums. You know, you lose the license for X period of time and you go to jail for X period of time. We've got to do something dramatic there and then crank it up, as the Texter says for stuff inside town. Dan, if we're going to change speeding behavior, it should apply it twenty miles over the speed limit.
Speaker 5: What do you think about that. How often are you twenty miles over?
Speaker 7: Ryan? Was it again?
Speaker 5: How often are you twenty miles over the speed limit?
Speaker 7: Twenty over?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Not very often.
Speaker 6: I mean, so, okay, I'm going let's say south on twenty five out of town past Castle Rock and it.
Speaker 7: Goes up to seventy five.
Speaker 6: I don't think I could go ninety five though, I don't think I've gone even ninety.
Speaker 7: I'll break eighty somewhere in their eighty two bus fast I go.
Speaker 1: You know what, one of the challenges is some of these new cars, and they don't have to be a big, fancy expensive cars. Some of these new cars, you don't think you're going that fast, and all of a sudden you get done. Now, Now, what we've got going on with the killers out there right is they're intentionally driving that fast. Whether it's for the thrill or something else potentially, but one way or the other, A lot of cars, now, you know, get up around ninety and it doesn't even feel like it, but it's just as lethal.
Speaker 5: Dan, Is it just a coincidence?
Speaker 1: Rights a text to dam five seven seven three nine that the amount of vehicles with expired or no license plates has exploded in the Denver Metro once we announce we are a sanctuary state, and then it goes on from there. Listen, the sanctuary state thing is insane. It's so wrong on every level. And sure that's part of it. But what I submit to you here is this comes back to the left undermining law enforcement, which means there's very little enforcement on.
Speaker 5: The roadways compared to what there used to be.
Speaker 1: Don't blame you know, they're the great men and women in blue who blame the politicians. But that's the reality, and I think that leads to a lot more no plates, expired plates, et cetera here on the Denkempt shop