Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to Reality TV Cringe. I am one of your hosts, Deelia, and I'm here with my real tight homegirl, my co host, and my daughter in law, Beda.
Speaker 2: Hi.
Speaker 1: We are here to talk Sister Wives Season nineteen episode is it nine?
Speaker 3: I Think so?
Speaker 1: Episode nine Yeah, in which we see Cody and Robin meet David at Gwendolen's bridal shower slash engagement party. We also have a very interesting conversation with Mary and Janelle about Coyote Pass. That was juicy, and of course the best part was David and Christine house shopping.
Speaker 3: Oh so rivetting.
Speaker 1: Love it, love it so much. Now, before we get into it, we do want to issue you disclaimer. Please hide your wife and hyde your kids. This is a politically incorrect podcast. We say a lot of bad words, we have dumb opinions, and we're not going to apologize for it. So if you're sensitive, you might want to find yourself another dumpster. But if you're ready to talk about these more moms and have a party, welcome to this dumpster.
Speaker 4: And if you are ready to have fun with us, be sure to follow us on Instagram at Reality tv Crunch and join us.
Speaker 3: On Patreon, Patreon dot com.
Speaker 4: Slash Reality TV Crunch. That's where all of the bonus juicy stuff uncensored video versions.
Speaker 3: Of the podcast.
Speaker 1: We do have some fun plans for Christmas, we do. We're gonna be doing some some cool stuff and New Year's some cool stuff with the raccoons. So do join us in the Patreon dumpster. Now, if you are watching on YouTube, please do not forget to like and comment and share and subscribe. Please don't forget to subscribe because so many of you who are watching are not subscribed, which is confounding me and confusing me. It's to me and it's hurting her feeling. So don't forget to subscribe. Do all of those things. Thank you in advance.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Now, before we get into this episode, we got a couple of things we got to go through with you. First and foremost, we do have a somewhat newsworthy item. Now, some of you know that the young and the resplendent, the beautiful Maddie Brush. Is that our last name?
Speaker 3: I think so?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Maddie Brush, married to Caleb, has started her own podcast. Yeah, because that's just what we need, is another podcast, Toney, so many podcasts Yes.
Speaker 4: Everyone thinks that they're interesting like us.
Speaker 1: I know. I mean, at least we are we are interesting. At least we are funny, we are doing something out here. But yeah, everybody does value their own voice in this societic. Yes, so Mattie we started a podcast with her friend. I think this was what we're going to talk about. Is from the second episode. Yeah, pull it up really quickly. Now. Mattie's new podcast is called The Authentic Society Wow, which is a very interesting name. And without a Crystal Ball, who is a content creator on YouTube and on Instagram, she is highly controversial. Don't come for us in the dumpster. We know, we get it. She does, however, sometimes provide information in a succinct way, and that's helpful for us. She listened to this second episode of The Authentic Society, wherein Maddie did talk a little bit about her home life and her father. Okay, so let's get into it first and foremost. Maddie confirms that she is no contact with Cody for a variety of reasons. Here's what she shared. He yells at her. Second, he lies on the show and to others about her. Third, he refuses to take accountability we know all of these things. We've been watching this show for many, many seasons. Next, he exposed Maddie to quote unquote really bad people.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 1: In fact, Mattie blamed all the parents for subjecting their kids to being associated with exploitative and criminal people during their childhood.
Speaker 3: Yikes.
Speaker 1: I'm wondering what that means.
Speaker 4: I'm like, who are we talking about? Because we've seen a few people that they've been exposed to on the show. Is she talking about those people like some of the other polygamists, or.
Speaker 1: It could be some of the other polygamists or people just in their general church family. I Am not sure, but that sounds scary. Maddie stated she will never spank her children. Her decision not to spank has caused numerous fights between her and other adults in the family. She likened the spanking to having her will broken like a baby elephant at a circus. Yikes, that's so interesting. Just sidebar here. So there are other adults in her family. She doesn't specify whether that's on Caleb's side or the Brown family, but that are objecting to her not spanking her kids, Like, how dare you? I mean, tell me how to raise my child.
Speaker 3: Honestly, it's my family, so fuck off.
Speaker 1: Who do I think that it would be.
Speaker 4: Probably the majority of them if they all grew up like that. Well I don't know, maybe the millennials, maybe not, because that's like a newer thing where people are like, no, we're not speaking our kids, Like I'm not going.
Speaker 3: To be doing that.
Speaker 1: I didn't spank my child. I got spanked all I did too, honey, Yeah, I ain't about that light. My father spanked us with a hair brush and it was like one of those really wide men hair brushes. He would actually place it on the mantle, just underneath a television. It was named Bier.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 1: It was like a constant threat in my home that we were going to get our asses beat.
Speaker 3: Yikes.
Speaker 1: And so when I had my child, your wife, I swatted her diaper a couple of times. But then I'm like, I'm just never going to do that again because I just didn't like how it made her feel. She's like, what are you doing?
Speaker 4: We got the wooden spoon and sometimes the belts, But like I know, some people think like that's good discipline, Like some people think that that's like necessary. So it is kind of like a divisive topic. I bet some of the older parents, like probably Mary, because Mary Mattie's talked about it on her Twitter but deleted some of the tweets. She kind of alluded to the fact that Mary was an abusive person, both physically and emotionally.
Speaker 3: I don't think Janelle.
Speaker 4: Janelle was like working all the time, So was she really a disciplinarian?
Speaker 1: She doesn't strike me as one, and frankly neither does Christine, but Cody kind of does. I could see Cody and Mary doing that. So Mattie is not meeting out corporal punishments to her children and I like that, love it. Mattie also says that she had no idea how abusive her home life was until she became an adult and had a family. I'd love to hear more about that.
Speaker 3: I'd love to hear more about that.
Speaker 1: She says Janelle's assertion that her kids are well adjusted is not true. Mattie is unlearning so much from her past yikes. Mattie says that Janelle relied a lot on Mattie at age six to take care of her siblings. Mattie said that she will never force her children to raise their siblings. So she's calling out being parentified by Janelle, which is very interesting because they seem so closely allied.
Speaker 4: They do, I know, they have their business together, So it is interesting that she's just straight shooting it.
Speaker 1: Well, maybe Janelle's taking accountability at this season in her life. Maybe they're having conversations about it. Mattie accused Cody of being verbally abusive and forcing the family to obey him, and there is no room for criticism. This is why he's estranged for most of his kids, according to Mattie. I believe it says that Janelle calls Maddie rude because she doesn't sugarcoat what she feels and she tells people the truth. And last, but not least, Mattie is no contact with numerous family members due to abuse, which that just screams Mary. Yeah for sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, because she's obviously still talking to Christine and Christine's kids and Janelle obviously.
Speaker 1: Yes, and her siblings, most of her siblings, Yeah, I would imagine.
Speaker 4: I wonder if she's talking to Leon at all.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure. I wonder if she talks to all of Christine's children, oh, like, maybe not Peyton, because maybe not Gwen. Oh, I'm not sure.
Speaker 4: I would love for more details.
Speaker 1: Yes, please elaborate.
Speaker 4: Like, if you're such a straight shooter and so honest.
Speaker 1: Please just spill it all, just speak clearly.
Speaker 3: That'd be great.
Speaker 1: Like I was watching Aspen in this episode for the one hundredth time talk about how she loves David but he is kind of rushing things. And the way that she was just speaking, it's like she's taken all this training from her parents. It's very diplomatic. It's saying something but not actually giving much information. I'm like, oh Jesus, not you too.
Speaker 4: I know she's definitely curating her speech and how she comes off on the show, And I mean, ugh, I like I get it because they're all on this show and like Cody's been spewing vitriol for years, which has just damaged the family, like irreversibly. Like I get how they want to be careful and stuff, but I'm like, you're also on a show, Yeah, Like why don't you just be honest, you know, like how you feel about things. It's okay, it's not going to destroy your relationships, Like it wouldn't destroy your relationship with Christine if you were like, yeah, I think it's kind of gross that my mom makes out with him all the time. Yeah, you know, it's it's a little weird, but like I'm happy for her though, that's cool.
Speaker 3: I just like don't want to see it.
Speaker 1: One hundred percent. Let's have the conversation. I was watching Nicki Haverstock and her husband John, and I think it was John or maybe they were both talking about in this episode, how you know Christine is talking about buying the house and which side of the bed David sleeps on. But like, the unspoken part of that is the fact that it sounds like they're having sex. Oh, for sure, sounds like they're having sex before marriage. Sounds like that they're in an unconventional type relationship, at least compared to the way that Christine used to not just live but champion, like she was the biggest cheerleader for polygamy as the princess of the au B And now all of a sudden, you want to just have premarital sex, which is fine, I'm not judging you for that, but there's no conversation about it, Like this arc that you went on from being a full on polygamist and a full on Mormon and now you're not in the faith anymore. Now all of a sudden, you're drinking, you've got tattoos, and you're fucking this man. That's interesting to me. Is there a reason we're not talking about this and instead just watching you go to like one banw house to another banal house and talking about your double oven. I don't care.
Speaker 3: It's super weird.
Speaker 4: Like all we get is like a little blurb of Christine saying that their religion was bullshit. She doesn't subscribe to it anymore, doesn't feel the need to get her release from the church leaders because they don't tell her what to do, and that's it, Okay. I'd love to know how you came to that conclusion. Ye when did that happen? Did that happen before you left Cody? After you left Cody, Like it's so hard to get like an honest timeline. And that's why, like the whole Christine and David stuff just feels a bit rushed to me in this season, Like I wish we could have saw this, Like I don't know, next season or maybe later in this season. It's just been the entire season of their dating arc, which is great, Like I again, I'm super happy for Christine. I'm glad she's fel here mean, I'm glad that he's treating her well, eating her well, that's great. I'm so happy for her. She deserves that. But it just feels so rush Like I would have loved a season, or at least the majority of the episodes in the season focused around like how everybody's dealing with the divorce, like how we're separating assets, how we're going through stuff, like how we're dealing with the faith or lack thereof. That would have been way more interesting.
Speaker 1: Yes, And I also think that they owe it to us because that is essentially the premise of the show. It's their faith, it's their unconventional, unusual family, it's the polygamy, it's all of that that got a nation fascinated. And now all of a sudden, we're just supposed to hear little sound bites of Cody saying, yeah, well, you know, my church leaders are bullshit and I don't subscribe to the faith anymore. And we just see Christine and Janelle taking shots, but we're not having conversations like that's what the show's about, that's what we want to know. Oh, I hate it for us.
Speaker 3: I know me too.
Speaker 1: We're watch of course. I'm just frustrated, and I think a lot of people are, and I know a lot of content creators around Sister Wives are also very frustrated. Speaking of frustrated people, I understand that we have a couple of raccoons have called into the dumpster. By the way, if you would like to do so. First of all, we would love to hear from you. Yes, it's not a party without you, my friend.
Speaker 3: Real all you have to do is.
Speaker 1: Go to speakpipe dot com, slash, reality TV cringe. You can sound off about just about anything, but like seems to me, people want to talk about Sister Wives.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, all the time.
Speaker 1: So who's called him?
Speaker 4: The first one we have is from Lauren Lauren, Hi.
Speaker 2: Ladies, this is Lauren from the Florida Raccoon Dumpster. We eating good down here. It's a lot of Florida trash down here. Just get fat on. So first off, love you guys, love your politically incorrect decisions. Been a raccoon from the beginning. I want to say that, like, I know, all the things I'm about to say are absolutely horrible, and I hate myself for them, and I feel free to break me and I don't know what's wrong with me. I need to check myself in the middle of health institution. However, Cody, I don't know what's wrong with me. He looked fuckable this season. Like when I said, I'm like, damn, he's like he's horrible. He looks fine.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 2: I feel horrible to say that. Also, sometimes I feel really bad for Robin. I know that's also horrible. I think that, you know, it's easy for us as women to blame other women for men's bad bullshit. And sometimes I just think that she's doing what Cody tells her to do, and it's just I don't know. I just think she just fallows whatever he says. She's very brainwashed. And if I had come into the family with small children, I don't know if I would have wanted Christine in them to be raising my kids, because it just seemed like a lot of fair oald child raising. And I don't know. I don't know if I would have wanted my kids to be raised by them either.
Speaker 1: I know that's horrible.
Speaker 2: Say feel free to say terrible things about me, and I love you too. And I don't know what's wrong with me. I know these are horrible takes and Christine gets on my last nerve. Okay, but I love you too.
Speaker 1: Wow, oh my gosh, Lauren, we would never brate you. I think your points are really interesting and unhid for the first one, that's really funny. The first one about Cody being looking very fuckable, looking very fuckable, Well.
Speaker 4: He's got that six absolutely.
Speaker 1: Friends is a six pack ab. Like I haven't ever seen the abs last time, like we saw the abs he was running into the pond in the syphilitic or leprodic prairie dog pond on coyote pass like that just looked like a beer belly to me a little bit. But I mean fuckable. You say, Lauren, that's very interesting. Like I don't share your personal opinion on that, but I do respect your right to have that opinion.
Speaker 3: That's totally fine.
Speaker 4: I've seen a few people on Reddit actually talk about this, being like I hate him so much, but like he's not like a conventionally ugly man, like especially when he was younger, he wasn't like super ugly.
Speaker 3: This is coming from a lesbian reason.
Speaker 1: Yeah no, I mean, I mean, yeah, no, he definitely objectively he wasn't repulsive. I mean, like, yeah, I could see how some women out there might find him attractive. It would have never been me. You don't like blonde and I don't like blondes. But I mean, but I just could never just his boyish look. Oh yeah, some about him I don't like, but I could see how women would find him handsome.
Speaker 4: Right, and if but didn't talk or didn't.
Speaker 1: Act, or didn't animate or was not I'm not gonna say that that would be terrible talk about a bad take, but I mean, yeah, I'm sure that there are some people out there who would fuck Cody Brown. I guess Lauren might be one of those people.
Speaker 3: It's Florida.
Speaker 1: She's lost her raccoon by Hello. What did she say about Robin?
Speaker 4: She said she sometimes feels bad for Robin because sometimes she might be just doing what Cody tells her to do. She might be very manipulated and brainwashed, which I can understand the sentiment. Like we've had these conversations before on the podcast, and even Ethel and I talk about it. Sometimes she'll text me because she'll watch this and she'll be like, sometimes I feel bad for Robin, and I'm like, no, like I can totally see your point, but Robin is terrible herself. Like it's like I said a couple episodes ago, when you're married to somebody like this, like how can you not be also terrible, you know?
Speaker 3: And like she's.
Speaker 4: Defending him constantly and like saying all these lies and bullshit to try and make him look good. Like she's just as complicit. I would want to feel bad for her if she actually had good intentions, but I don't think she does.
Speaker 1: I don't either. I think that it's all just a ruse.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think she's a demon. I think she's a devil. I think she's possessed by a spirit of greed. I think she's a terrible person personally, and I think that she's got Cody, who is a dumb individual. She has a low IQ honey Cody wrapped around her little finger, just like she said last week, It's absolutely true, she knows it, but she needs to play the victim because that is the only way people like Lauren find it within themselves to have a little compassion for her. Like, I can see how you might think that. I just don't agree with that, yeah at all.
Speaker 4: What about her last point about when Robin came into the family with small children, not one the other.
Speaker 1: Wives to raise them. One hundred percent agree, Yeah, no, I have one hundred percent agree. I mean, if you're entering into this family and Christine, the basement wife, is the primary childcare provider and she's all lucy goosey and screaming throughout the house and doing her jingles. Of course I'm speaking about myself, but she's just like, she seems a bit like a wild card. And if you, as a parent, have a certain way of bringing up your own children in a very organized fashion, and it's the way that you know, like, yeah, I wouldn't want to hand over my three kids to Christine, right.
Speaker 4: I think that's totally fair. But then also, don't cry about it later when your kids don't feel integrated into the family or you feel like the wives don't care about your kids when you've like totally segregated them from the family.
Speaker 3: Great point, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Great point.
Speaker 4: But Lauren, thank you so much for calling in with I loved it. That is so awesome. Give us more, yes, I want.
Speaker 3: To know more. Fucked that takes you have?
Speaker 1: I think that's fantastic.
Speaker 4: It's so awesome. All right, Next one, all right, next one it says it's from anonymous raccoon of it.
Speaker 6: Okay, Hi, Bia and d I love you all, And I just had to tell you all the spot I had after the episode where the sister wives were all talking about how family oriented Robin's wedding was, and I call bullshit because, in my opinion, you know, a gold star polygamous wedding at that point, because you know, Mary had gotten her big, fancy wedding and Janelle and Christine had semi disappointing weddings. I mean, I think Janelle's very happy with her wedding, but Christine obviously was not. The gold star polygamy decision to make would have been, We're going to go shopping together and we're each going to pick out a beautiful white wedding dress that we love, and then we are going to plan everything together, and then we are each going to plan our vow renewal ceremony and we'll go one to time in the order that we came and Mary and Cody can reaffirm their vows, and then Janelle and then Christine and then Robin and then, like I know that that would take away from the attention from Robin.
Speaker 5: But that's what you agree to do in polygamy. I think that would have been the way to equalize it, to make everybody feel loved and truly be about the family. No, not putting women and these women in their ugly brown dresses and taking some family photos. That's not enough to me. This is how it could have been fair.
Speaker 6: And then I think Robin would have deserved gold star polygamy, a gold star for polygamy. She would have been model polagamist. Anyways, I agree.
Speaker 1: I think that's a great idea. Yeah, I think it would have never occurred to Robin Brown. No, never. I think it would have been great this season if a producer, when Robin was talking about how her wedding was about the family, if a producer had said, well, what about the wedding dress though? What about keeping that information from the other wives, What about like taking them wedding dress shopping when you never had an intention in hell of actually listening to any of their advice or really truly authentically including them in that decision, and probably other decisions as well, Like if somebody had called into question in the moment when Robin was talking her shit and her revision as history, like, well what about all these other things?
Speaker 4: Though?
Speaker 1: I mean, I think her wedding was lovely, but I think it was deeply unfair, deeply unfair compared to Christine's and Janelle's. I thought Janelle just had like a little shin dig.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, her and Christine did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a little small little didn't even have a dress.
Speaker 3: Have anything.
Speaker 4: Mary had a wedding, but the other two were secrets, yes, and fucking Christine was wearing like a hand me down dress. Janelle didn't even really have anything. They just have one picture together and a cake, so like, they didn't have a big shin dig. I don't think Janelle cared to have one, but Christine would have obviously because we see her now with her big old wedding and Moab and stuff. So yeah, it was deeply unfair. And then you add on the eleven day honeymoon after that, and then nobody else gets any vow renewals or anything special to make them feel like Cody actually cared about him, like Robin saying this shit, yeah, I was all family oriented. It's just her perpetuating the narrative that yeah, no, I'm a good wife. I came in here cap in hand. I wanted to have relationships with everybody else. Everyone else rejected me. I did nothing wrong.
Speaker 3: Right, it's gross.
Speaker 4: That's why she's just as bad as Cody.
Speaker 1: And oh yes, if not worse, yep, if not worse, because she's more intelligent than Cody and she has like a long view game plan what she wants to do. And by the way, she's succeeding. Oh yeah, she's getting everything she ever wanted and she's iced out everybody. Yeah, and she gets to be the victim, the ever victim.
Speaker 4: In a multimillion dollar mansion in Flex Yeah.
Speaker 1: So crazy, very much. So well, Thank you, anonymous racoon. We appreciate you all calling in and giving us your opinions. Again, if you guys want to do that, just go to speak by dot com slash reality TV Cringe. You got ninety seconds. It's a one hundred percent free and we love to hear from you.
Speaker 3: We love it. Thank you.
Speaker 1: All right, now let's get into this week's episode again. This is episode nine entitled Baptism by Fire. Interesting. Yeah, okay, what do we think that means?
Speaker 3: Cody and Robin meeting David.
Speaker 1: I think that's correct. Yeah, just like, let's get her done. Yeah, let's meet him, let's see what happens. Yep, all right, start us off.
Speaker 4: Well, the episode started off strong with a conversation between Mary and Janelle. This was like so good to me, so good, except I hated Mary. Janelle comes over to Mary's big old house because she wants to talk to her about Coyote Pass, about the land and how their note is due in seventy five days and they.
Speaker 3: Gotta pay it.
Speaker 4: Cody's dragging his feet and she wants to look out for Mary. She arrives at Mary's big old house. It's empty because she gave all that furniture away to her bum brother in law, Nate, and she tells Janelle, I'm moving, And then we get into the conversation of Coyote Pass assets, Janelle leaving Cody, etc.
Speaker 2: Etc.
Speaker 1: Yes, we do.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: A couple of things that I noticed, just as a supplement, is that Janelle looks like she arrives in the same outfit she wore to meet Cody in the attic at the bistro. I don't know if it's exactly the same, but I wondered.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: Secondarily, the outfit that Mary is wearing. That sweatshirt is the same sweatshirt that she's wearing, I think in the preview next week when she goes over to Cody and Robin's and tells the kids that she's leaving, which had me wondering, Oh, does like Mary just have this conversation with Janelle where Janelle raises her concerns and then runs right over to Cody's house and just tells them all the tea probably probably, yeah, probably, And that's.
Speaker 4: What Janelle's afraid of too. She's like, I don't know by the end of this conversation if I can really trust Mary to know go over to Cody and Robin and just tell him everything that I said. Janelle also calls out Mary's loyalty and says she's loyal to a fault, just like a dog, Like even an abused dog goes back to their abuser over and over again. And that's fucking Mary. Yes, And it's frustrating to me because Janelle's literally having like a plain a day conversation with her, like, look, you need to protect your assets. Cody keeps telling me he doesn't have the money to pay off Coyote Pass we have to pay it off in seventy five days or we're gonna lose it all. This is like your only estate, Like you need to make sure you're protected here. You only have your name on one plot, and it's tied to me and Cody.
Speaker 1: She has her name on one plot, so and that plot has three names on it. So she's not even gonna get twenty five percent, which she would be owed. And Janelle agrees she would be getting thirty three percent of twenty five percent whatever that ends up being like a very minuscule amount, yep. But she doesn't seem to really fucking care. Now, Like this whole interaction was so strange to me. It's obvious there's like no love lost between Janelle and Mary. I think Janelle was trying to do her a solid and say, hey, this is kind of a critical situation. I think Janelle would have been open to them potentially retaining counsel together to explore their options sort of as a team against Cody. She's probably trying to take the temperature. But like what Mary was giving her was just like, yeah, absolutely not. I trust Cody. He's a gentleman, and I'm like Mary, Mary, this is what pissed me. I'm just sick of you already. Mary, I mean, like, stop it.
Speaker 4: Like she's even trying to defend him. When Janelle's like, he doesn't have the money. He's telling me he doesn't have the money. Mary in her talking head is like, well, Cody's always been creative with finances. Sometimes you have to rob Peter to pay Paul, so like, he'll figure it out, and I expect him to because I expect him to be a gentleman and make sure that we're not screwed over.
Speaker 3: What the fuck do you based on?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 3: Though?
Speaker 1: Why are we expecting Cody to be a gentleman to you? Mary? He jerked you around this entire time. He got you to move to flag Staff on a fucking faulty premise, telling you that he was gonna work on your relationship as soon as you got there, and he got all of your money so that he could funnel it into Robin's McMansion, and then as soon as you got there it was a baiten switch and he never fucking saw you again. Furthermore, the last three seasons which you have watched back, he has been maligning you and dragging you and talking to you like you're a dog and you've seen it already in this conversation you're having with Janelle. You've seen the shit that he's been saying. And still you're gonna sit here and say I trust Cody and tell the camera like, would Cody and Robin really be doing all of this so that they could take all of the land. Yes, yes, bitch. Look at their house, look at the art, look at the gemstones, look at everything that they have. And then look at Janelle living in an RV for real, Look at Janelle living in a dormitory apartment. Look at you renting this haunted house. Is he giving you money monthly? I don't think so. And what was wild to me Beatrice was like Mary saying to Janelle, well, I thought you took care of the money. Like I know, we have to pay bills and stuff, but like I thought all that was being taken care of. I'm like, what, Yeah, So you're a fifty some odd year old woman. You guys are making multiple tens, if not hundreds of thousands of dollars a year from TLC for being on this bum ass, whack ass show, and all of this money is going into an LLC. And you, the business woman that you are, you don't even like want to see the books from time to time that like before your accountant does your taxes or whatever. They're not like looking over ledgers and seeing where this money is going. Like you have absolutely no idea what's happening, and you want to tell me to worthy up. You want to have a motivational seminar and tell me how to live my life. Bitch, miss me.
Speaker 4: With that, honestly, like for a Capricorn too, to be like so impractical, impractical and irresponsible with her money and everything.
Speaker 3: And you're sitting there telling Janelle.
Speaker 4: Well, I thought you controlled the money for all these years Janelle, and are talking head is like Cody. I guess I'm under the impression that Cody's been telling the whole entire family that I have had control over the finances. I'm just the bookkeeper, which means Cody was the one that was dictating all of this shit.
Speaker 1: Well, of course, but like he's also on a campaign behind the scenes telling Mary and other people, well, no it's not me, it's Janelle. Janelle's the one that's moving all this money around. Because I mean, hypothetically, let's imagine a world where he is being a criminal fiduciary and he is misappropriating funds that have been trusted to him in this LLC, and he's using it to buy all of his fucking jewelry that's new every single week, and all of this artwork and all of these homes, and he can pin it on Janelle. Yeah, And honestly, Janelle, you're stupid as fuck too, because you were the bookkeeper and you said last season that you've seen where the money is going and you allowed him to do it. So are you complicit in the fact that he has misappropriated these funds? But does it even matter because none of these women are gonna do what it is to hold his feet to the fire. So this asshole is going to get away with it.
Speaker 4: Unfortunately. Yeah, because when you have Mary sitting there telling Janelle being like, oh, you really feel like he's gonna screw you over, and Jane's like, yeah, I'm just telling you you need to protect yourself because I need to protect myself too, and I'll have your back. I've got you, but make sure you're okay too. And Mary has the balls to be like, well, I'm sorry you feel that way y because she doesn't actually believe that Cody and Robin are capable of this kind of financial abuse and neglect, even though she's been experiencing it this entire fucking time. It's crazy, and I think about it too, Like all of these women have been in this like abusive, toxic situation with Cody, and so I can give them a little bit of grace and understand, like you've been manipulated and coerced this entire time by this fucking liar, this terrible, awful, sub human ghoul of a person. Okay, I get that, But where's going with that?
Speaker 1: I don't know. But you're right, well, I mean, like.
Speaker 3: I understand it.
Speaker 4: But at the same time, it's like if you've if you're coming out of that, like how can't you just like see you can see it now, Like it's clear as day. Yeah, it's been clear to all of us. Everybody's been screaming about it on the internet for years now, but you're just choosing to ignore it and just believe it He's gonna be good.
Speaker 1: I don't know that I believe that Mary believes that Cody would never do that to her. In this moment, it almost felt to me like she was just taking a dig at Janelle, like, oh, I'm sorry you feel that way. I'm sorry you're not aligned with them like I am, Like I have every trust in Cody, Like you would never do that to me. Sorry your relationship. Yeah, it totally felt petty to me. That was the vibe. Of course that's not what she necessarily said, but I was like, this is such a moment, It is such a moment for girl power, for you guys to align your interests. And I mean, if only for your kid, even if you don't want the money for yourself or for your next home or for your next business endeavor, Like what about your children and every season that they appeared on this dumb show and were never paid, get the money for your kids, but you don't give a fuck. Your apathy is gross, Mary, Your apathy is so gross. However, little bit of a silver lining here, and somebody out there correct me if I'm wrong. You can write to Beatrice on the IG or of course drop a comment here on YouTube or on Patreon. But I seem to recall a couple of months ago, a month and a half ago, when Janelle and Christine were on their little podcast tour that Janelle referred to a project she was working on with Mary. Oh do you remember that?
Speaker 3: I do remember that little blurb, But she didn't elaborate.
Speaker 1: She would not elaborate. Given the relationship as we see it on the television, it doesn't seem like they would ever go into business in plexus, right and Luluoe, it's nothing like that. What kind of project could they be working on?
Speaker 2: Ooh?
Speaker 4: Maybe they lured up, Maybe they lawyered up behind the scene, yes, trying to keep it hush hushed because they know how everybody's just gonna be sloth in and looking with their raccoon monocles, like everybody's just waiting for those lawsuits to drop. So maybe they're working on something behind the scenes, like developing a case.
Speaker 1: Yes, and maybe this is kind of the very h start of the process. Please and the communication between Janelle and Mary, and Mary maybe calls her up in a couple of weeks and says, hey, okay, let's talk a little bit more because I tried to talk to Cody and he's not sharing with me about the lands. So maybe this is the beginning, the start of something beautiful. Maybe, But I don't know. Based on this particular scene, I was just like, God, Mary, you're fucking a lost cause you're hopeless, irredeemable. It's like it's almost like you refuse to learn right.
Speaker 3: And see for what it is.
Speaker 4: I mean, like, just admit to yourself that you were in love with this guy who treated you badly and treated you, treated all these women badly, and fucked you guys all over. Yeah, Like just a minute, that's okay, Like it's okay that you still wanted the relationship to work. It's okay that you wanted him to be a different person than who he is now. That's all fine. But like she's still I don't know, holding on to some kind of like weird hope, like no, he's a good guy.
Speaker 1: At r YO, Janelle is doing the same thing. Current year of Our Lord twenty twenty four. I think she had an interview in the last two weeks where she was talking in somewhat glowing terms about Cody, calling him Kara's no.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: It wasn't the charismatic interview. It was after that, like she was not coming down on Cody and I really shouldn't talk about it since I don't have it right in front of me. But I just remember hearing about it and actually just going astral immediately, like I can't with.
Speaker 3: These women, What the fuck?
Speaker 1: Why are you speaking about him in these positive terms? Garrison is gone. I know Rabe is crying on the television, right, Maddy Brush is an angry woman with the podcast. Right, all of these children are upset, and you're gonna still sit here, after being complicit all of these years allowing this to happen to your family, You're gonna sit here and talk about Cody in somewhat glowing terms, like fuck you, fuck TLC, fuck this production house, fuck it all. I'm getting so irritated.
Speaker 3: It's really annoying.
Speaker 4: I think they're trying to be soft for the network, like they're trying to be soft for this show, and I'm like, but it would be so much better if you guys were just honest and fucking ruthless and just tore into them like a much better to them, So it would be so good. They would be so fucking popular, Like people would be watching this shit all the time if fucking Mary was like, yeah, Cody's terrible in bed, He's such a piece of shit. He's so fucking selfish, Janelle being like, yeah, I really hate this guy.
Speaker 3: He financially abused me.
Speaker 1: Like if they just were honest, I know, it's only Christina is the only one who's even a little bit doing it, and she's like calling her huh, and she's annoying by calling him a dead beat and whatnot. But that's in present day, is not in the show. Yeah, even in the show, it's so scar and toxically positive, Like, so everybody's mad, everybody's hurting, everybody's divorced, and nobody's talking about it. You guys are clown.
Speaker 4: And this is what I was saying earlier, like I don't want to see all of this stupid filler of Christina and David dating and everybody's so happy and whatever. Divorce is fucking ugly, divorce is messy, divorce is toxic. People are mad, people are crazy. Like we only got to see Cody's vitrio all the last few seasons because he's a fucking monster, But we didn't get to see anybody else, right, everyone else is just like carrying on, Like Jane's like, yeah, I'm at peace, like it's been nine episodes.
Speaker 1: Yeah you just.
Speaker 4: Told him, Like I don't know last year that you were done with him, or like at the beginning of the season and you're already at peace.
Speaker 1: I'm so happy.
Speaker 4: Okay, great, I'd love to hear more about all the other feelings you're feeling.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and like, how did you get to peace?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 1: Like, I'm not at peace. I'm a viewer of this show far away from peace, bitch, how did we get to peace?
Speaker 3: Exactly?
Speaker 1: These fake ass people? And now it could be that a lot of what they say is getting edited out after the fact. You can tell in a lot of these sit down scenes that these are chopped up conversations, Like what were they actually saying? What would the totality of that conversation look? And feel like I have no idea because TLC sucks so much ass, but like, it's very frustrating. It's really very frustrating to me.
Speaker 4: It's really dumb because we have this really awesome scene with Mary and schnow right, and then we'd pan over to Cody shoveling snow with his real family, Robin's.
Speaker 3: Kids, and they're just they're not even really shoveling.
Speaker 1: They don't seem to know how to shovel snow. We've got Ariella just taking her shovel straight to the truck, which I loved, thank.
Speaker 3: You, because Cody got mad and had to stop.
Speaker 1: Karmas a bitch just fu Yeah, And I'm like, why are we doing this? Why do we have to have filler content? Why do we have to see in an allegedly happy family situation where everyone looks uncomfortable.
Speaker 3: Right, It's so stupid.
Speaker 4: And then we have more filler with Christine and David going house hunting. I'm sorry, but this is TLC. This is an HGTV. I don't care about seeing three houses and they pick yes or no, and if there's a double oven, and if they like how big the driveway is?
Speaker 1: Oh god, oh god.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: I love to go to open houses and I love to look at houses, sure, but I'm like interested in like architecture and craftsmen, things like different kinds of houses and different appointments. I don't need to go in and see the same old white box of a house, of a blueprint of a house from this lame suburb to that lame suburb, and have Christine talking about her double oven dud the sinks and stuff like.
Speaker 5: We get it.
Speaker 1: You're joining your lives together. I want to hear about the sex. I mean, would gonna be great raccoons if like we just have a segment where Christine's like, oh my god, the first time we had sex, I didn't know what to expect because of course, I've only ever had wet noodle Cody Brown, and it's been about twelve years since I've seen that noodle, So I was nervous. Yeah, I didn't know what was he going to think about my body, because you know, Cody put me down and then he touched me, and my flesh quivered and I was transported to another sexual dimension, one I have never been to before. And then he put it in and then he moved it around and moved it around and made me feel real good. I was like, has this been available to me my whole life? And I never knew? I mean, if I could get Christine to talk to me like that, I love that.
Speaker 4: I would be so grossed out, but we would be so happy.
Speaker 1: I don't need to see the houses, No, I don't care. I don't need to meet the real term. I don't care about the granite. No, I care about all this other stuff you're not talking about.
Speaker 3: Exactly, Like how amazing and passionate.
Speaker 4: Your life is yeah, sex life is with David, Like.
Speaker 1: It's a lot of tail and not a lot of show.
Speaker 3: Exactly.
Speaker 1: I get it, you're in love. Your tongue is great again in his mouth and we have to hear it. We understand, but like, show more about the process.
Speaker 3: Right, it's just very rushed.
Speaker 4: I mean their whole relationship is rushed. The whole process of watching them is rushed. Like even last year when we had the wedding special after season eighteen, I mean that was so fucking rushed, Like we shouldn't have to see all of this, and even I've seen a lot of fans and Ethel included, She's like, why do.
Speaker 3: We even have to see their dating? We saw them get married.
Speaker 4: Who cares, Like, I don't give a shit at all. It's just being forced down our throats because it's filler because TLC is editing out all of the good juicy bits. Yeah, everybody else's talking heads and all these other conversations.
Speaker 1: And I'm mad about it me as well. So let's move on from houses. Yes, we don't care. How was didn't they buy the second house? I think we had seen that house on Instagram We've already gotten all of this information one year previous to this, like, ah.
Speaker 3: I'm tired of it, me too.
Speaker 4: The best part of the episode was Gwendolen and BEA's engagement party, because.
Speaker 3: Which was weird. It was so weird.
Speaker 4: So we have the whole family there minus Cody and Robin for now, because at this point everybody thinks that Cody and Robin are not going to come because Cody told Gwendolen he wasn't going to be there. So everybody's there. David's there, He's going to meet Janelle's kids for the first time. He's all right, nervous about it.
Speaker 1: Well, they get in a day early, right, they get into the B and B and this is where he has the meeting with Janelle's children, so it's it's before the actual engagement party. But that was kind of cool though, because he met Gabe. Yeah, and it was so nice to see Gabee. He looked really good kid. He seemed super open to David. Was asking David about how they met, and of course we hear about the meeting on the app again, Christine him all of this jazz. Then David has that conversation with Gwendolyn which I don't. Can we break this down because I was just annoyed as a person of a certain.
Speaker 3: Age by Gwendolyn, Yeah, I was.
Speaker 1: I was. First of all, she's annoy yang. Well, yeah, she is an annoy yang person, like her mother and like Michelt. And so David, who she's never met before. I think I don't know actually because that's Christine's daughter, but it seems like because she's a month right, she's asking questions. So she's like, so what do you do? And David's like, I do drywall, which, by the way, I really respected that answer because I think he owns a company. I think he owns a business and he employs drywallers and of course he does drywall. But like, I think he's a successful person. But the way he presents himself is very modest, which I like, Yeah, he's like, I'm an entrepreneur in the drywall persuasion, he's like, no, I'm a drywaller. Loved that. And then Gwen said, how old are you? Okay, slow your roll, but I mean maybe men don't care, and he's just like, I'm fifty nine, and she made a barf gesture huh yeah, and then David said something like, well, your mom wasn't complaining how about how old I was last night, which I thought was great in retaliation to Gwen's completely inappropriate gesture. And I've seen a lot of people talk about, well, you know, Gwen is on the spectrum, she's not always going to be socially appropriate, and that's true, and so I can give her some grace. But like, on its face, that was very rude to do. This is the first time this guy's meeting you, he's probably a little nervous to meet all of y'all, and you ask his age inappropriately, and then you make a barfing gesture, and I'm just like, what the that's rude?
Speaker 4: Yeah, And like it reminds me of my own childhood because when my mom started dating my stepdad and ultimately married him, he was quite a bit older than my mom. He was like a years older, and I used to call him oldie but I was thirteen. Yeah, that was a typical, like thirteen year old thing. He used to call me shorty because I was so small and short, right, So it was like a cute little quip that we had when I was thirteen. But when I got old enough to realize maybe that's hurt in his feeling. I stopped calling him that.
Speaker 3: Gwen's a fule on adult right now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like you don't need to like barfing at his age when it's only nine years it's not that big of a deal.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I just chill. I didn't think that that was very nice. But like a few of Christine's children are actually like that, and I think it's because Christine is actually like that. Christine doesn't have a whole lot of boundaries, and Christine seems to be very immature.
Speaker 4: Well, and she's telling the cameras and her children that she doesn't give a shit if they're uncomfortable or if they don't like David, because she's going to continue to bang him and continue to be with him and going to ultimately marry him whether they like it or not. So, I mean, yeah, the kids are kind of rebelling a little bit, being a little snarky, being a little I'm not saying that that's like justified, but I just can explain their behavior a little bit. It makes sense.
Speaker 1: Well, it's an explanation, not an excuse. I did feel for David. I mean, can you even imagine being David like meeting all of these people, and of course, by the time we get to Cody, he says, like, I'm used to this. I'm familiar with polygamy. I've got a lot of kids, Like he's used to it to some degree, but it doesn't negate the fact that this is kind of an overwhelming big deal for him and it would have been great if somebody had made it a little easier for him, but it wasn't going to be Gwen.
Speaker 3: So there you go, right exactly.
Speaker 4: And then I can't remember was it the next day.
Speaker 3: I didn't even realize.
Speaker 1: I think it was two days.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I blurted it out. I thought this was all on the same day when they all met each other. And then the engagement party. So then it's the engagement party. People are getting tattoos, people are having fun.
Speaker 5: Are they?
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 4: It looked kind of boring, yeah, very much, like very boring.
Speaker 1: Like you had Gwen and the A and their alternative friend, and then you had all of these moremonds of a different spiritual you know, persuasion, and then you have the parents who are like obviously freaked out. Let's talk about Christine telling the camera that it was her understanding that Cody and Robin were not going to attend ye and then she says, I'm mad because Cody decided to come. Yeah, Like she's actually pissed that he has the audacity to go to his daughter's engagement party. I don't know why you wouldn't be happy that he would be showing up because that's his daughter.
Speaker 4: I think she was mad because it was last minute, like it was on purpose, and now the center of attention and everything has to be on Cody and Robin. And maybe I'm giving Christine a little grace here, but like maybe if she knew he was coming, she wouldn't have had David there. Maybe it would have been like an easier transition, Like she probably wasn't necessarily ready to have Cody and Robin me David, but since he was coming, she's like, Okay, fine, I guess I'll roll with it.
Speaker 3: You guys are gonna be here. You get to meet man.
Speaker 1: New mean, was she hosting this party, Christine? So I don't know if she was hosting it, Like I could kind of understand, like maybe if she's the one throwing this party and she never invited them, and then they've just invited themselves along. But if Gwen invited them and wants her dad to be there, then I think it is okay that he's there. I'm wondering if she's suggesting or hinting at an ulterior reason that he would be wanting to go there, like just to be on camera or just to like confront David, or like, is she trying to message something different. I don't know, I could see that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean why because I thought Cody had said something to Gwendolyn like a couple days prior, being like I don't think I'm gonna be able to make it, and then all of a sudden it's like, yeah, no, I'm gonna come. That would piss me off personally if like last minute, you're gonna just show up. And it does kind of take the attention off of Gwendolen because now it's Cody and Robin there holding mckelty's twins and trying to be the center of a at this party, even though they're saying, we don't want to be the center of attention, we don't want anybody to acknowledge us. They're there for a reason.
Speaker 1: In my opinion, yeah, that I think makes sense. Let's talk a little bit about Gwendolen being very upset with how production handled this engagement party, because I remember we were hearing it, I think from Gwen herself. People were talking about it way back then that Gwen was upset because the attention really was taken off of her and Bea and put onto this whole family conflict and dynamic. And you actually really see that that was true. Yeah, because although we saw Gwen and we saw Bia, like, I didn't hear much from them at all, Like they reference the fact that Gwen is gay gay, and then we don't really talk much more about that other than to get Cody's perspective, which I don't care about. Like Cody's perspective is well, God told me really clearly that it's my job to judge and your job to love. And I'm like, okay, well, I would love to hear from Gwen though, like what it is like for her and coming out and that process and being Mormon, and or even maybe not even that because that's heavy, but like how she met Bea and how she fell in love and how did that look. Guy would have loved a little bit of context and information, but no, we just forget Cody talking about how saintly he is because he has the facility and ability to love his child great.
Speaker 4: Which is super weird because I thought he was estranged from Leon because he doesn't accept their gender actions.
Speaker 1: That's all speculations, like, that's not confirmed, that's just but it's probably it's probably true, probably.
Speaker 4: So it's just a little hypocritical. So maybe that's why production put that in there, to like show Cody being such a piece of shit. But yeah, like I just thought it was annoying that we're hearing all of the other family members talk about Gwen being gay and how they all knew that and they're fine with it, and BEA's really great, but then we don't get to hear from Bea at all. Yeah, Like I don't like, I don't think we heard her say anything. I didn't even think we heard from Gwendolen. But we hear from Aspen talking the same thing she said a couple episodes ago about how she feels uncomfortable with her mom and David.
Speaker 1: It's not about them, it's about Gwen exactly.
Speaker 4: And then we hear from Cody, and then we hear from Robin, and then we have the meetup with Christine, David and Cody and Robin.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 4: Yes, so yeah, I would be kind of upset if I was Gwendolen too, like, oh, okay, you're not even gonna have a little blurb of me in there.
Speaker 1: This is my party. And my suspicion Beatrice is that she's the one who's hosting this. Probably I think they're putting on the party. I don't think it's Christine. Maybe Christine helped or whatever, but I think it's Gwen's and so Gwen's like, okay, so I'm allowing cameras to come in. They're probably not paying her. That money is probably going straight to Cody's LLC. Yeah, and they don't even feature them, focus on them, talk about them other than like their little tattoo that they're getting.
Speaker 4: And even then we don't even get to hear the meaning of the tattoo. We hear more about Christine and David's matching tattoos, which are dumb.
Speaker 1: Besides new Beginning, no begetting in Celtic Begetting. Okay, that is so great on Teddy New Beginning, On My Teddy Cody.
Speaker 2: Did you see that.
Speaker 4: We do have Cody saying that matching tattoos are cheesy when he's talking to Gwendolen and.
Speaker 1: Be about be yuh their tattoos, But does he know at that point that Christine is getting a matching tattoo with David And to that end, did they get their matching tattoo at Gwendolen's yes tattoo part?
Speaker 3: It's that tattoo that they got.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Cody might be referencing Christine.
Speaker 4: I don't know, but I just also think that that's cringe as fuck too, like Christine's kind of co opting her daughter's engagement party to get a tattoo with her new man. It's like, ew, you guys could have gotten that done on your own, on like a little.
Speaker 3: Date night or whatever in downtown Soul.
Speaker 1: Let me pulled out my titty at my daughter's engagement party with my ex husband over there turning with my boyfriend. Yeah, let's do that instead, Christine. Gross. Oh. Before we get to Cody and David meeting, we have Mary, Yes, Mary washing in Okay, So this is weird to me, right because she's got her interstitial where she's on the couch and she's like, I am not going to be following behind Cody and Robin. I am done with that life. I am single, I'm empowered. And so she walks in before Cody and Robin, who are right behind her, giving us the impression like did they drive there together? You know, did they wait for each other so that they could walk in together? Like, Mary, You're not fooling anyone, you simp.
Speaker 3: I know, super weird.
Speaker 4: But what did you think about Mary's interaction with Christine?
Speaker 1: I thought that that was interesting. I liked Mary in that interaction. I thought Mary was open. I liked her little catfish Joe. Yeah, because when she hears that Christine met David online, she's like, we gotta be careful about that. And then Christine inquires whether Mary is doing okay, but like, Mary is so closed off, she's so emotionally unavailable, walls up.
Speaker 3: My walls are going that it's unsafe.
Speaker 1: And so then there's Christine on the other hand, who's just vomiting her emotions all over Mary, who she doesn't like, who she doesn't invite to anything right, who she is estranging herself from. So that was weird to me, Like, Okay, I thought you didn't like Mary. You've made it a big point to kind of say multiple times that your kids don't like her and you don't like her and you don't ever want to have a relationship with her. But now you're initiating a hug and you're telling her you love her, that it's better on the other side. It's infinitely better.
Speaker 3: On the other side, which is like so annoying.
Speaker 4: It's reminiscent of that conversation that Janelle and Christine had a few episodes ago where Christine like, yeah, you should leave Cody, like fucking divorce him right now, please like push right now, Like she's so pushy, like chill. Everybody's on their own journey. Everybody's going at their own pace. Like just because you're crazy and moves super fucking fast, obviously it means nobody else does.
Speaker 1: Like I don't know.
Speaker 4: It just was super weird, And even Mary was weird because she's like telling Christine she loves her in this moment, and I thought that that was genuine, But then in her talking head, Mary's like, yeah, me and Christine talking to each other is us being on our best behavior at this party. So that implies that you guys fucking hate each other and you don't want to talk to.
Speaker 1: Me well, but you don't know when the on the Couch interview was actually filmed. Was it filmed after Mary saw footage of Christine saying she's never gonna be invited to anything, you know, Like whereas at the engagement party she's maybe a little the door is a little bit open to have some kind of a relation. You just don't know because of the way they produce this show. Yeah, in the moment, I felt that it was an olive branch a little bit from Christine. It seems like Mary was open to it. But at the same time, I just don't see these two women ever, ever, ever, ever being friends again.
Speaker 4: No, And like part of that's on Mary because Mary closes herself up to literally any fucking emotion and it's very judgmental as well. Yeah, except when it's with Cody, Like except you always have the fucking door open with Cody, and you always are hoping that he's going to be a good guy and come around and like want to be with you again. It's like so weird how she's so open with this piece of shit, but with everybody else who's like trying to look out for her. Yes, Janelle, Christine, all these other people all of your friends that were probably telling you for years that Cody's a piece of shit, you should leave them. You're just ignoring everybody, right.
Speaker 3: That annoys me, Yeah, super annoying.
Speaker 1: But she's a broken person. He's a broken woman hashtag worthia. Yeah, and people should not be paying three hundred dollars for a seminar so we can learn how to be a more happy individual. From Mary Brown from Mary Brown for Real. Okay, last, but not least, we've got the meeting with David and Cody and Robin, And of course Cody and Robin are holding those little redheaded babies, and Michelte's just standing there because she's like, I know where the cameras are going to be.
Speaker 3: I got the cameras are.
Speaker 1: Going to be right here on this particular scene, so I'm going to be right in the middle of that. And they meet, Yeah, and it was interesting, word.
Speaker 4: Very awkward, and even Cody and Robin's saying they're talking heads like it was kind of weird, were like trying to be cordial. Robin looked really stone faced and judgmental towards David.
Speaker 1: And Christine sometimes, but then at other times she was kind of seemed to genuinely smile, like when he's talking about his children, He's got eight kids and ten grandchildren. She smiles what seems like genuinely, and he says, oh my god, that's awesome. Yeah, so she seems to be polite, but it's obvious that she's very uncomfortable.
Speaker 3: Well, she's very shy and very pretty.
Speaker 1: Oh that's what. Oh my god, that one comment. My one shy and pretty wife. Yeah, my one pretty wife who's very shy. Okay, why are we doing that? Why are we what's a day? Well? Are we emphasizing the fact that you only have one wife, or are you emphasizing the fact that you've had four wives but only one was pretty.
Speaker 3: Only one was pretty.
Speaker 1: That's exactly what he was doing. Yes, disgusting, Yes and gross. These women gave you thirty years of their lives. Yeah, the least you can do is not put them down for how they look.
Speaker 3: Let us do that.
Speaker 1: Let us do that. I mean, even Robin with their stretch marks, like taking the fucking little dates with these women gave you everything. This fucking palace you're moving into is because of these women. So let's not take pot shots at them by saying Robin is your one pretty well furthermore, okay, I'm gonna stup right there. Furthermore, really really, Robin, I mean, I don't get it. Apparently Robin said to Cody like, what if David is like this honky stood? And Cody's like, well, I don't know. I mean I know that I've got her though, like she like he really regard her as the prize.
Speaker 4: Well, she's got that break dancing puss.
Speaker 3: So he's got.
Speaker 1: Danny's She's got everything and more than he could ever want. Yes, And that's how she's got him wrapped around her finger. And I think it's great that he does think his wife is beautiful, but you don't have to be an asshole and a bitch ass to these other women when you're saying something like that. Very shy, I'm very pretty okay. So then they're talking about the grandkids and the kids, and I'm like, I don't hair yeah. But then Cody makes the comment in his interest show that David doesn't actually look him in the eye. He's looking at Robin. Yeah, And then the producer's show immediately cut to David looking Cody right in his eyes, talking about his family and I'm like Cody.
Speaker 4: Like, shut up, you're not this like alpha male that everybody's.
Speaker 1: Him dated by you. He looks like he's about five eight five seven, like a wee man, a we fucking yeah.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, but he's a little man, yeah, with little fucking feet, I guarantee, and.
Speaker 3: A bald spot that's growing everything.
Speaker 1: It's so terrible, a little fucking leprechaun.
Speaker 3: More like a goblin from Harry Potter. Yes, that's what he looks like.
Speaker 1: And so they're having this weird conversation. I kind of loved that David was emphasizing how much of a family man he is yep, and how close he is with his kids.
Speaker 3: He knew what he was doing.
Speaker 1: I thought it was weird that Cody enters into that conversation by saying, I heard you held my grandchild children or I've heard you've met my grandchildren.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: That's a weird way to come into a conversation.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm wondering, like, Cody's met the twins before this meeting, right, yes, but how much has he spent how much times he actually probably not a lot, that's the question. So I think Cody's like trying to get a feel for how involved David really is with the rest of his family, and it's kind of like a territorial type of thing, like, well, you know, this is my family, these are my grandchildren, and it's like so pathetic because he's estranged from literally fucking everybody, and everybody at this party knows that, so it's really weird. And then Cody was asking him, like, how old is your oldest child, because I think he was trying to get a gauge of like how old David was. He's like, how old your oldest child? Oh, thirty four, and Cody's like, oh, okay. And then there was that comment where he asks him, like, you've met my grandchildren and make Kelty's like, no, he's actually babysat them by himself. He's actually taking care of them.
Speaker 1: Yes, And to the camera, David says and his face got really red, really read the first time it got right. Cody realizes, Oh, this guy is spending a lot of time with my family, and not only that, but my family I e. Mchalty trusts him enough to like presumably leave both of the twins and maybe avalon with David so she can go get a pedicure with Christine, Like, that means this guy is embedded in the family that you gave away.
Speaker 3: Yep, exactly.
Speaker 4: Well, as Cody puts it, the club that he got kicked out of, Right, he didn't give it away, right, it's not his.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he didn't do anything to contribute, of course, not bad.
Speaker 4: And then Christine puts her head on David's shoulder.
Speaker 1: Okay, Christine just so weird because first of all, she's like, seems taller than David. It just seems like an awkward uncle, do you know what I mean. It's like she's going out her way to do that in front of Cody and just sniffs of DESPERATIONO cringe. Yeah, I'm like.
Speaker 3: Now cringe.
Speaker 4: Like when my parents were all divorced and they all found their significant others, like whenever they had to be in a family function together with those others, they were like never affectionate, Like my mom was super affectionate with my stepdad, all over him, saying with my dad and my stepmom. But when they were all together, they were like respectful. It was like the one thing that I looked at my parents, I'm like, oh, that's kind of cool, Like I'm glad you guys aren't.
Speaker 3: Like trying to show off to each other.
Speaker 1: I'm kissing, yes, Like they don't need to do that bringing each other.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I thought that was kind of like weird, like Christine felt the need to do. I mean, I know I'm gonna get hate for this though, and the comments are gonna be like.
Speaker 6: Let her love.
Speaker 4: She's happy, like she's loved to be with her. Mea, that's great, but like she's obviously doing this in front of Cody to send some sort of statement, and Cody's face does get read Yeah at this moment, been his talking head, He's like, well, yeah, I know, it's fine, Like I'm sure they're like at this stage of their relationship, like they're happy. That's cool, Like they're probably gonna get married.
Speaker 3: It's fine. Like he's acting.
Speaker 1: Unbothered, right, But then again, when was that intersted filmed. It could have been one whole year after the fact, but when he was there, when he was faced with it for the first time, he was definitely disconcerted, definitely, and just the conversation was awkward about the grand CA's and how Ariella at seven years old, is more entertaining than his other grandkids. What do you say, stop saying that immediately. See your other kids who have children are going to hear that. This is not something you need to be saying. But he was so uncomfortable. It just sounded like he was saying whatever came to his mind, which you know he doesn't have one.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, and he's calling the Little Twins banditos because they stole his heart. But I'm like, okay, what about.
Speaker 3: Your other kids though?
Speaker 4: Truly in the room, truly, yeah, straight up. And you know, Maddie has a kid that you haven't even met yet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, who's three years old.
Speaker 1: In fact, Janelle's not here right now because Mattie's on the precipice and giving birth. Have you checked in? No, how's that going?
Speaker 3: He doesn't even know.
Speaker 1: No, he does not, because he's that checked out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it's Maddie's fault, right, it's not.
Speaker 1: But Lauren thinks he's fuckable.
Speaker 4: Lauren still well, from an appearance wise, I can see that. It's just his personality and everything else about him is so unlikable and repulsive that it's hard to look at him objectively with all of that in mind and be like, yeah, totally okay, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: If you didn't even know who he was.
Speaker 1: He's just such a dastardly, dreadful, deplorable, demonic man. I mean, all so unearned, like all of his pride of self, all of his money and his assets and his jewelry, all of the fanfare, and this this feeling of success that he has. It's so unearned. That was given to you by women and given to you by TLC. And yet you are enjoying the spoils of all of it. I just know, any I know when he purchased this new home for two point one million dollars, he was just laughing at all of us out here because he knew our heads were going to explode. He knew his kids, he knew Maddie's head was going to explode, he knew his wives heads were going to explode. And he loves it. His little leprechaun feet were just app dancing so happy.
Speaker 4: Karma is a bitch, Yes, the wise Saint of Jo Josia has said Karma is a bitch.
Speaker 3: So we'll come back to him. I know it. I'm not gonna say how I wish it will.
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't do that, right, but.
Speaker 3: You can all read my mind. You know what I'm thinking, Yeah, we.
Speaker 1: Just we don't do that. But I mean, it's just it's it's not even so much that he's prospering to the degree that he is and that Robin is getting all of this stuff. It's the fact that the kids, right, not even these women because they're dumb. These women are so dumb. I'm sick of you married God and Janelle, You're all dumb and you were complicit. But it's the kids who deserve that money. Yeah, the kids that deserve that prosperity, and it's the kids that are hurt, wounded, and estranged exactly. There's Cody tap dancing his little feet all the way into his new mansion. Bitch.
Speaker 4: Definitely asshole, And you know, him and Robin, we're talking so much shit after this interaction. You know, they were talking so much crap about how old David was and like how he looks and how Christine looks. Like they're pieces of dog shit. Like they act all nice and cordial here on camera, but like they're talking so much snack. Undoubtedly because they are like the kings and queens on the on this pedestal looking down at all these little peasants, right, that's how they see themselves. Yeah, and it's really annoying. And then you have Robin and her talking head being like, it just feels so weird, saying Christine's boyfriend, it just feels so unnatural because.
Speaker 3: She should be with our family. Uh huh, But I can't have what I want, right.
Speaker 1: We never wanted her. You never liked her ever ever ever, you worked hard to get that woman out of your family.
Speaker 3: Definitely, you guys are so happy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you guys are so happy being monogamous, living in your two point one million dollars.
Speaker 1: I don't think Robin's happy. I don't think No. I think Robin is not happy. Would you be happy being married to Cody Brown?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: And her older kids are moving out of the house. She's got two little ones and he's an absolute dope.
Speaker 4: Are they moving out of the house because I thought Dayton had At.
Speaker 1: Some point they're gonna get married, They're gonna move on.
Speaker 3: Are they?
Speaker 4: Maybe Robin's going to keep them all like barnacles on her shit because she can't be alone.
Speaker 1: No. I think those kids are cycling out of her life. She's got the two little ones and she's just got Cody. I just can't imagine. She doesn't seem happy either. She never smiles.
Speaker 3: No, yeah she does.
Speaker 4: She see me a dour yeah, and morose high on ambien yep.
Speaker 1: I was reading on Reddit somebody like did a little Ama. Apparently she worked at some dog groomer's business, and Robin was bringing in a dog and everybody was like, no way, Robin doesn't like dog. But she's like, no, she was bringing in a dog. And she would come in with somebody else, some other woman with a dog. And that other woman was very nice, but she said Robin was a complete and total bitch, talked down to everybody, was an absolute Karen, and nobody liked her. Like, so this idea that they look down on everybody and that they think they're hot shit. If this anonymous person on Reddit is to be believed, that is exactly how she conducts herself out there in Flagstaff.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, she again, Karma is a bitch.
Speaker 1: All that up. There's no raccoons in Flagstaff, Come on now, roll it on up to me.
Speaker 4: Well, we have one raccoon in Flagstaff. She's trying to find the address of the two point one million dollar me and so she can go visit it. Because sometimes she'll have her husband go and drive to Coyote Pass.
Speaker 3: And see if anything's there. It's pretty great.
Speaker 2: Really.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she messaged me the other day.
Speaker 4: I think I forgot to respond, but she said, yeah, she's trying to figure out the address so she can go and stalk the house.
Speaker 1: Yes, and like, please do yes picture, make sure you wear your ninja out? Yes, and nobody sees you though, yes, but I want to see. Well, let's get to the preview, all right.
Speaker 4: Preview, we have David and Christine buying their house, and then we have Isabelle who's crying to her mom and crying on camera because she's worried that her relationship with Cody will cease to exist because David's in their life.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: That's very interesting to me because Isabelle is an adult. But that speaks to the deep trauma that these children carry within them that Christine doesn't seem to give two shits about because she's happily in love.
Speaker 5: Yep.
Speaker 4: Well, and it also shows like how it is for kids with divorce, like at any age, it's pretty sad and pretty tragic, and you do go through those feelings of like, is all of my relationships with my parents going to change now, so I want to see more of that. Mary tells Robin and Cody that she's moving, and Cody's heart is apparently broken. Okay, nobody cares, and then David proposes to Christine in his most favorite place in the whole entire world.
Speaker 1: All right, well we're moving things along. Yeah, Like, what this is twenty twenty three? What month are we in at this point? Are we like getting into the spring? Are we even close to this summer?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Are we moving through twenty twenty three at a reasonable clip?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know either.
Speaker 4: I thought they were supposed to like fast forward to almost present day. That's what they said in this season, so I'm like waiting for that to day.
Speaker 1: They lie so annoying. All right, is there anything else that we need to say to these beautiful raccoons before we get up on out of here? Beatrice?
Speaker 4: Well, if you love our podcast, I sure hope you go to your favorite podcast platform and leave us a glowing five star review that really helps us, girl the pod, so we can.
Speaker 3: Get better up in this dumpster.
Speaker 4: We really appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Thank you. We will be back next week to continue our vitriolic conversation about all things sister Wives. Until then, please don't forget to join us on Patreon. We're having a lot of fun there. Do not forget also that we love you. We've got nothing but love for you. And until next week
Speaker 4: Please oh bye, guys,