Speaker 1: Get things rolling on this fine morning. Well that's nice. It just literally dumped me out of my next gen again. Dude, Ross, we gotta we got a bug in the system, or they have just so fundamentally changed, or are credentialing works Now. I got the hiccups all this because I just wanted.
Speaker 2: To, uh, you know, are racist?
Speaker 1: Throw that out the new drop, which I'm very excited about. Ross says something not racist, say something you know, like like you normally do, say something really not racist. But since we have this job.
Speaker 3: I believe everybody is created equal and we you know you have the is that bad?
Speaker 2: Are racist?
Speaker 3: I don't judge people by the color of the skin.
Speaker 2: But the content are racist?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 1: What dude, I never knew any of this stuff.
Speaker 3: I would like to believe everybody has incredible potential inside them. It just takes you know, they have to find it. They have to.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, hold on for I play this.
Speaker 3: Not everybody, I mean, depending on you know what it is, everybody has that one thing. I didn't say it was a great thing.
Speaker 2: Are racist?
Speaker 1: Oh okay, I see what you did there. Okay, so somebody has a skill, but not everybody's skills are useful.
Speaker 2: Sure, okay, all right, you are racist.
Speaker 1: All right, I think we're gonna have to bully you now. Sorry, buddy, that's those are the rules, and you would learn these rules if you were fortunate enough to get your hands on the hot new video game dust Born. Now we mentioned this well, Ross brought it to my attention literally with like thirty minutes to go in the show yesterday, and so I didn't have a chance to go down the same rabbit hole that he did. But just on the surface, the idea that the governments of the United States, the European Union, and specific I think Norway and the UK individual government. So I was looking at a list decided that, you know, rather than going because you know, one of the ways that a lot of indie games are developed nowadays is what's known as crowdfunding. Right, obviously you're aware of how that works, you know, for people to need surgery or have a weird gadget, they invented a lot of video games do then, although there's a lot of instances where people got a lot of money and there's no video game in this instance, they decided to, I guess, forego that. So your your government read that as your your tax dollars, my tax dollars, along with several other government entities, have created one of the most thoroughly designed individual pieces of propaganda I've seen in some time.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: The premise of this game is very simple, except it's not where bas you're running around, You are a You're very woke, and you keep finding yourselves in these situations where you can go ahead and lecture people and bully people. And by bullying, I'm using the word that they use in the game, that is a it is a power. So like your powers are canceling, your powers are bullying.
Speaker 3: It's like a skill for you and locking in any other game.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, yeah, yeah. So instead of getting some you know, now you're imbued with poison magic.
Speaker 3: I got double jump. Yes you know.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, that's good. All right, yeah, take it back to the uh, let's take it back to the purest your Big Mario or your raccoon Mario. Right, So these are your skills. These are the things that you learn to do, and then you got to go through the game doing them. Except the situations are absolutely insane. And this is the stuff that I couldn't read yesterday. Try to get a chance to because again I was in the middle of doing the show. At the end of the game, I was spoiler alert. By the way, at the end of the game, they they they revealed to you what your what your weapon was. All right, so you got the skill tree with the powers of canceling and uh, well canceling and let's see here, so you look at the little the little cheat sheet that Russ sent me of going ahead and canceling, of bullying, what was there was one more where where? Now? Oh hold on, it's probably right here. Yeah. And normalizing that's the one that's crazy. All right. So literally normalizing, which is one of your skill tree powers, says that you will give Normalize gives us the ability to make people think certain behaviors or feelings are normal. Now, let me share with you some of these situations that are in this game. All right, Ross, you're gonna be the You're gonna be the person. I'm gonna give you the situation. You tell me how you would handle it, and we'll see if you would be any good at this game. Okay, all right? Uh scenario number one. Uh, and I'm reading from literally a breakdown here. Uh. These are kind of genaro I didn't play the game? All right. A lone man in a trailer park who seems to only care about his tomatoes, uh, says during the game that the government is doing mass surveillance. What do you do?
Speaker 3: I'm gonna say it's a good point, but overall, leave them alone.
Speaker 1: Race What Yeah, yeah, I'm sorry, buddy, super super racist. Let's see here?
Speaker 5: Do you do?
Speaker 1: Do you do?
Speaker 4: Do?
Speaker 1: All? Right? Fred? Fred is invited to your home. I don't know why you invented Fred. When he's in your home, he literally does everything you say, except while he's in your home what you share with your mother. He inadvertently discovers that your mother is growing opium? So what is what does Fred do?
Speaker 6: He?
Speaker 1: Wait, hold hold on, hold on, mister opium kid. So Fred, when he finds out that your mom is running a massive growing operation for opium in the house, calls the police and helps them find the opium farm. But unfortunately you realized he had found it. So you and your mom torch your own opium farm in house and then disappear. All right, Ross, what do you think of Fred's actions? And what would you do? I'm so confused? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Why in the basement and Fred comes over, calls the police, and we we respond by burning our own home down with feen.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yes, but that doesn't but we still have to know what to do with Fred. Here were Fred's actions. Okay, reportedly it's probably Fred's neighborhood too. He probably doesn't want an opium den in his neighborhood. Didn't you have an opium den next to your mom's house?
Speaker 3: There was a crackhouse, yes, and it burned out.
Speaker 1: Now we know where the opium.
Speaker 3: We're coming out trying to get into my mom's property.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you get a prostitute infestation under property, but where'd they get the opium? Now we know? So anyway, did Fred do anything wrong?
Speaker 3: I did?
Speaker 1: I mean, does it fall under mind your own business? I think you probably yeah, probably would, probably would. Okay, so all right, Well unfortunately for me, but fortunately for the game. I guess you're not a racist, So good for you because your mom and you are persons of color and Fred is a white dude.
Speaker 3: Oh you didn't say that part changes Well.
Speaker 1: You just said it didn't matter during your early age. So listen, I know I'm not gonna none of my business. Okay, all right, none of my business? All right, So Ross is anti Fred. So the crux of the whole game is there are situations where somebody is not now now, Fred obviously took some action, but there's other ones, like where they go into a diner and they're talking to are they supposed to be police officers? I think those are police officers. And and this is the exchange that takes place. Oh, you're with the black kid dress is like a writer, does he know anything? It literally shows a graphic of her character and it says triggering with like a little you know, a little spinning wheel.
Speaker 3: It's like a it's like a button prompt. It says push X to trigger. Yeah, so you're being triggered.
Speaker 1: You're being triggered because they referred to I guess one of your relatives is the black kids. The black kid Dress is like a writer, does he know anything?
Speaker 2: You are racist?
Speaker 1: All right? And then that's you just playing your weapon, which you just want.
Speaker 3: An absolute garbage game. And this is the problem you said yesterday, he said, if somebody were to buy you this, would you stream it? First off? No stream this weekend? A We're getting sick. I feel like crap. Yah ya too. Marky's gonna go visit her grandmother in Tennessee to pick up some stuff our grandmother left her when she passed away. So I'm Mount Lincoln by myself until around like Sunday night. So there's no possible way I can stream till midnight, right and then wake up at six o'clock and take care of them the next day. So no stream this weekend. Need to say that, I'm I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: Are you using the show? Is housekeeping for the thing? Yes?
Speaker 3: I am sure? Am oh wow, so RACI but no, it has to do because he said if someone were to buy you the game, would you stream it? And I would not. And the race for this is these companies, especially this thing, because this is a different animal altogether than the other world garbage we see government fund Yeah, it's completely different, like government paid for propaganda.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 3: These companies need to fail. These companies need to fail so they stop making this woke garbage. Same thing goes with the Star Wars game Ubi sawd especially. There's so much of this woke nonsense going on with Ubisoft. They need to fail, and the only way to do it is to not buy these these garbage games. Did I see Did I see a stat yesterday that the pre orders for the Star Wars game there's less average than one per game stop. They've been so bad, less than one per game stop the actual physical location. Over the past year, I've really been looking at because I used to really enjoy video games, you know, this one of my favorite hobbies to do, and play video games with my wife as well, we enjoy it. In the past year, I've noticed and even when it's streaming, it's been hard to find a game to really latch onto that's fun because you'll think you find like eld elden Ring, that's different because that once again that that's a Japanese developer and they have not embraces DIA nonsense yet. It's none of that crap. But a lot of these Western games, these studios, the ubisovs, right, you have these games where like you think you have a great game and you'll be playing it and I'll be enjoying it, and I'll be streaming it, and then suddenly, out of nowhere comes this political preaching and woke messaging and it completely ruins the game. It just comes to a standstill and it's like, well, I don't even want to play your game. Anymore. Yeah, you're playing a game and you did some scenario and silly and fun, and suddenly there's there's a knock on Trump or there's some sort of you know, uh, right wingers are racist out of nowhere.
Speaker 1: And that's not even a political It would be one thing if there was politics in the game as part of it, like GTA has got a little of that, even though they don't go in the direction.
Speaker 3: More and more and it's impossible to find like a straight male protagonist in games anymore, and even like the women look like man, it's so super weird now, man, and you're a character creates. It's making it worse and I can't do it anymore.
Speaker 1: I'm just gonna say on that it's interesting that you said that I never, with the exception of Mario, wanted to hook up with the princess, Like I don't even calculate the sexual proclivity of video game characters, Like I don't know if Sonic's game right on.
Speaker 3: A lot of time, it wasn't the thing you thought of. And now it's that people are like, well, what's the definition of woke? I feel like it's when you hammer, when you have political messaging or you have messaging of a sexual nature that have nothing to do with the story that suddenly is in the story. They just start preaching at you and it completely ruins the experience of what they're trying to create.
Speaker 1: I I can't. And it's not just video game. It's it's now many times, been watching a TV show You're like, oh, this is pretty funny.
Speaker 3: Now it's like it has nothing to do with the story or the narrative, but it comes out of nowhere, and it's suddenly they're giving you the message, and you feel like you're being preached to, and it's just just stopping it. So I'm not gonna I'm not gonna support these studios or these games anymore that are creating this crap that's consistently coming out of their studio. Can't do it, not gonna do it. And the only way for them to stop is for them to financially fail. So Luigi's probably gay though, right, Oh, completely nothing wrong with that, all right again, No, I didn't even didn't even think about this stuff.
Speaker 1: But this is why. What was the other I saw a list one time and it had a bunch of video game characters. I recognized where they were like it was you know, it was one of those like Kataku articles and they're like.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, they're like, you know, twenty songs on link the link from the legend Azelda was gay.
Speaker 1: And it's where it was more than that. It was like all the classic characters who are obviously quote clear here and there, the queerest undisclosed characters in the retro video gaming. That's what I had.
Speaker 3: People like watching movies or the at least they used to, and especially playing video games to escape this crap. Same with sports, right, you want sports to escape this this but now you can't get away with it. That's the same. What I was saying with the with the wolf stuff is is you'll be watching sports and suddenly, out of nowhere, you know, here's the message. They hit you over the head with the message. You're like, where did that come from? I was watching a football game.
Speaker 1: So chun Lee super gay? So what you didn't know that? And by the way, is it just the chun Lee and Street Fighter or is it also uh the chun Lee from Blood Sport.
Speaker 3: See if that's the one. Are they both spelt the same? Is it chun right? I'm not sure?
Speaker 1: Uh, chun Lee is how the Street Fighter is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've never gotten in a Street Fighter because I got I'm a button masher because I'm awful at him.
Speaker 1: So I just like, well, that's the other thing too. You talked about Japanese cause we got about a minute, but you talked about Japanese companies. I saw yesterday the Capcom who did a ton of these fight Capcom the Street Fighters.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're there about a year a year or two behind us.
Speaker 1: So they're they're releasing like ten of their classic fighter games, except they've admitted that they're going to visually censor them. They're going to like clean up women's necklines or going to be some advertisement's removed. And it's like you're selling to people want classic video games and you're making.
Speaker 3: Changes and the reason for this. They're like I said, they're about two years behind us. Japanese Japan. Yeah, Panda Namco is the same way, and they're like, well, this is what the West wants, so we're going to start putting in our games, and they have it like just look at the sales, dude, it's not what people want.
Speaker 1: It isn't. Well we're going to find out cause people are having some sort of reactions. So that's Star Wars game. Do you know what they spent on it? Probably way too much money, but anyway, so there you go. That's a video game option out there are racist boom, I just fired I just fired a weapon at you. But no, the crux of the game is you bully people, and you literally when you get done, they tell you that this was all about empathy. But as one reviewer put it, I spent the whole time. I even bullied people for no reason. It didn't do anything. Think about that and we'll be back. Here's a headline from PC gamer dust burn let me smack fascists and flirt with my situationship on a road trip across America. By the way, some of the terminology, uh, situationship.
Speaker 3: What the hell is that?
Speaker 5: Can?
Speaker 1: I sound really old for I mean, like, I get what it is. You're hooking up, but you're not exclusive, so we that's because it's I saw people acting like it's a thing that was just invented for people to have casual sex. And if that's the case, I would like to point you towards the sixties, the seventies, the eighties, most of the nineties, although not for a little while after that movie Kids came out. Holy crap, Roz, you remember that movie came out Kids? Do you remember that?
Speaker 3: That was like a big deal. Remember that.
Speaker 1: It was like, yes, I don't I don't want to ruin it for you. It's that put the fear of God in nineties Kids for a while. Basically just about a bunch of degenerate high schoolers in New York City who do some drugs, do some some adult stuff, do some diseases. It's yeah, anyway, but you know that's this isn't a thing he just came.
Speaker 3: It's it's more of the Zoomer thing of thinking. They they discovered everything that's already been disased.
Speaker 1: I love it when they discovered roommates. I was about to say, yeah New York New York Times article, Uh new uh uh you know, uh whatever generation. I can't remember who it was. A Zoomers, I can't remember who it was. But uh, they've come up with a new ingenious way to save money, non relatives living together and sharing the costs. They were they were super amazed by this. So with that in mind, you you know, that's who they're targeting. A lot of the language in this video game and whatnot. And it's like, arguably you would think that's the group you gotta target the least because you still have that young person hold on them. Also, it's alternative history in the game, so like JFK wasn't the one who got shot. It was a Republican let's see here, Silicon Valley seceded from the US Friends Love anyway. It's so it's like every aspect of this game is just the fever dream of an uber progressive got to share the message production.
Speaker 3: It's taxpayer funded propaganda completely, yes, and it's.
Speaker 1: Listed as that. By the way, it's listed as disinformation combatant.
Speaker 3: Yeah, do you think you can do it? You know, propaganda's powerful via you know, print or media or audio. What's really powerful is when you can put that sort of propaganda stuff in an interactive video game. That's crazy because.
Speaker 1: You're a character in it, so to speak. Right, It's one thing to watch people on TV do woke stuff. It's another thing when you're doing the woke stuff because you have to to progress in the game or it's part of the exper.
Speaker 3: Especially when you're when when you're a younger kid, right and you're playing a video game, and you like your your brain is mush and it's a sponge and it's taking everything in and you're like, oh, this is completely normal behavior.
Speaker 1: And you spend five hundred hours creating and building this character that you right, so you got you got personal investment in all of this. I noticed what's not part of the game is the Kamala Harris interview. I guess they probably wouldn't include that. On a scale of one to ten ross you just had to doub all this in uh ten being that went great, that's the next president, to one being uh that's going to tank it for because people are going to see how do you think that interview went? After dubbing in all the audio this morning? I would say probably a three or a four, Okay, I would like a Biden would be a one where it's a complete disaster. Yes, yes, yes, yes, But I also want to know, Like, because it was supposed to be an hour and they cut it down to eighteen minutes, I want to see the I want to see what.
Speaker 3: They cut out.
Speaker 1: Well, they're very busy. They're very very busy, So let's go ahead and get into this. And I don't know, man, I caught myself and I watched this thing in its entirety. I would say on no less than ten occasions, I caught myself yelling at the monitor of my iPad, yelling at my e because that's what I was watching this thing on. And you have to understand, I'm alone in my house. I'm not talking to anybody. I'm not even trying to indicate to the neighbor. I'm just like, are you kidding me? Really? So let's go ahead and start heading down this road, and let's talk about the you know, the big thing, and that is do you believe all of the stuff that you profess to believe and want to do when you were on the campaign trail, either running for president or as the vice presidential nominee, or that you proclaimed during your time as senator. Remember who was the Senate partner with AOC for the Green New Deal. Never forget who was the first member of the US Senate to come in and say I'm going to be the author of the Senate version of this. It was Kamala Harris. So when we're sitting there learning about mangrove farming and trains to Hawaii and the disappearance of cattle, the person who put their name on that out of one hundred possibilities, was this person? So do you still believe in no private health insurance? Do you still believe in getting rid of fracking? Do you still believe you know? And then insert any one of the positions that the borders find. Those are all fair questions, and it's not unfair, by the way either to say that you have changed your mind on something. But you've be able to show a clear path on that. All right, So let's get into it. And that's where we headed first.
Speaker 6: Generally speaking, how should voters look at some of the changes that you've made that you've explained some of here in your policy. Is it because you have more experience now and you've learned more about the end?
Speaker 1: Remember this is what this was the assist with Barack Obama and gay marriage. Right any time of Republican changes, they flip flopped. But when Barack Obama, who was unequivocally opposed to gay marriage, probably in large part because initially when he was coming up through the state legislature, he's representing a primarily black district and gay marriage did not pull well in black districts. And then he switched and They're like, oh no, he evolved. So she's being handed the lifeline that if she'd paid attention knows is available to her information?
Speaker 6: Is it because you were running for president in a Democratic primary?
Speaker 2: And should they feel comfort also?
Speaker 1: And I'm going to restart this because I talked to over it a little bit. I think it's important Dana's giving her all of the answers. She's just like, pick one from this Morgas board and I'll not approving.
Speaker 6: Generally speaking, how should voters look at some of the changes that you've made that you've explained some of here in your policy. Is it because you have more experience now and you've learned more about the information? Is it because you were running for president in a Democratic primary? And should they feel comfortable and confident that what you're saying now is going to be your policy moving forward?
Speaker 7: Dana, I think the most important and most significant aspect.
Speaker 1: Is it Dana or Dana?
Speaker 3: By the way, Ross and I thought it was Dana Bash. I've already heard that.
Speaker 1: I've heard Dana Bash now that I think Dana okay, But we better get it right, because you know what happens if you don't right.
Speaker 3: You got to get the person's name.
Speaker 2: Correction, you are racist, Yeah so, but.
Speaker 1: Anyway, I'm sorry, go ahead.
Speaker 7: Man of my policy perspective and decisions is my values have not changed. You mentioned the Green New Deal. I have always believed, and I've worked on it, that the climate crisis is real, that it is an urgent matter to which we should apply metrics that include holding ourselves to deadlines around time. We did that with the Inflation Reduction Act. We have set goals for the United States of America and by extension, the globe, around when we should meet certain standards for reduction of greenhouse gas emissions. As an example.
Speaker 1: What I don't understand. What the hell are you saying. It's one thing to support the Green New Deal. It's another thing entirely to think that there's environmental protections that need to be because the Green New Deal is insane. We all agree, right, we all agree that, especially that cheat cheat that came out where they're like f cows and you're going to take everything's going to be a train and we're all gonna work planning mangroves and the whole thing was insane, like one is not necessarily the other. But you didn't answer the question. And also times are deadlines that are based on time. I know, not all deadlines are. Sometimes you're gonna do something until you've done it, you know, one hundred repetitions and you know, versus you'll do it for an hour. I get that, But what the hell does that? That's what most deadlines are, either time or actions. That's why it's called a deadline. But I digress, all right. So one of the things, though, that they've tried to get her on is that she seems to have said over the last few days, had a couple of positions on fracking. So CNN wanted to clarify that you.
Speaker 6: Still want to banfracking.
Speaker 7: No, And I made that clear on the debate station in twenty twenty that I would not banfracking. As vice president, I did not banfracking. As president, I will not banfracking.
Speaker 6: In twenty nineteen, I believe at a town hall you said you were asked, would you commit to implementing a federal ban I'm fracking on your first day in office, and you said there's no question in favor of banning fracking. So yes, So it changed in that campaign.
Speaker 7: In twenty twenty. I make very clear where I stand. We are in twenty twenty four and I've not changed that position or will I going forward?
Speaker 1: All right, well, what caused you to change? This is what drives people mad. And also if you believe in something and you used to, let me tell you what's one of the most powerful things in discussion. Ross You see this on Twitter where somebody somebody who's not a somebody, right, they have like one thousand followers, maybe five hundred and fifty followers, and they write a post about how they used to believe this thing that's a contentious political issue or vote this way, and now they're voting this way, and then they explain why those go viral all the time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and when you explain the pivot point, right, what made you change? Because everybody does that. When you're younger, right, we know this, you tend to be more liberal, and you get older and you have a family become more conservative. It's understanding, but that's the trend, right, and people can understand that and they can relate to that. Like if your political opinions at the age of eighteen are the same at the age of fifty, that's kind of strange. Doesn't tend to happen, right, People evolve, and that's understandable and people can relate to that. But when you're just like, hey, the border is incredible, the border wall is incredibly racist, and then the next day you're like, hey, we should build a border wall, or you know, hey, we should have electric vehicles, we need to ban the gas engines and cars, and then no, I didn't mean that. And when this consistently happens issue after issue after issue and there's no pivot point, it looks like it's just political and people think you're full of crap because you are correct.
Speaker 1: Yes, And by the way, if you honestly believe that your current position is the correct one, explaining that pivot point that Ross is talking about is so powerful. Those are the kinds of things that may cause people to stop. And I'll give you the biggest example going on Elon Musk. You would think Elon Musk has been some big Republican donor his whole life, and he clearly hasn't. And you saw the pivot points where he would post things like I just stood here and I was on the left, and now everyone moves so far left, I'm considered on the right, Like it's not a pivot point in his thoughts. It's a pivot point in how he perceives himself. Now, those are powerful stories. And if you want to advocate for not banning fracking, which is your position, then you should explain how somebody who was opposed to fracking now is not opposed. Did you learn something? Did you learn that that Gasland movie was utterly full of crap?
Speaker 3: Is she learned she's not doing very well in Pennsylvania? That's what happened?
Speaker 1: Oh okay, all right, well that's a theory. That's right there.
Speaker 2: You racist.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I have to push back on behalf of the game. No, it's true. Like, let me tell you what as somebody who grew up with with methane literally just in the ground below me. You know, we got big natural gas out Wyoming in Montana. And if you go to where our cabin is, the water, the water smells like that. It's got that little odor thing, although you don't notice it after about an hour there. It doesn't catch on fire. It's we've tried to catch it on fire. It doesn't catch on fire. You tell it.
Speaker 3: Look, I can imagine a bunch of teen boys.
Speaker 1: Yes, when I tell you the first time we saw that that that video that ended up in that documentary of somebody turned their their faucet on and they can have a flamethrower?
Speaker 3: Was that Flint, Michigan?
Speaker 1: Was that Flint? I can't remember, it didn't matter, it's wherever it was. We're like, wait, we also have that. And we tried to light every faucet where we smelled that, and I've never accomplished it. So did you learn that maybe some of that stuff was you should say that, You should tell people that. And I'm here to tell you that this thing was a train wreck for Kamala. I thought it would be a softball for Walls. I was wrong. I would argue this was almost worse for Walls because he's the you know, he's the sex symbol. He's the one on the rise right now, so people are still formulating opinions. We got lots more audio to get to. We will get to that. Also, if you want to change your sexual I guess proclivity, you got a new option. And you ever think you ever get the impression your bank doesn't give a crap about you? Ross you ever felt that way, big bank, they don't care something's wrong. You call they don't care. It's a pain. What are you going to do? Right? Unless I know some people use a credit union, they're like, oh, they're great, and maybe that's the case.
Speaker 3: I keep my money in my vault.
Speaker 1: That's right, it's and by the way, it's it's a Scrooge McDuck looking vault, so you can literally swim in there. It's crazy. Anyway, this right here proves you're not alone. So we'll get to all that more coming up here on the Cacoday Radio Progress. I just saw a headline. I know you're all going to be excited about it. You know, probably you're in good spirits.
Speaker 3: You got ross.
Speaker 1: Do you feel like you're in an extra better mood today because there's a three day weekend? Or I suppose you got travel stuff with the family, so that's pretty stressful. Then, I don't know, man, a lot of people just floating on air ahead of a three day weekend. So I don't mean to be this guy, but I'm gonna be this I'm gonna be this guy. So here we go from the hill. Some are COVID serge shows how we may have to return to twenty twenty pandemic measures. You guys, ready for round I guess it'll almost be round three. You guys ready for round three? You're six feet your little mask and you're not going to parties and can't buy seeds in Michigan for some reason, you guys pumped for that. We'll digest a little more of that story, which the comments are what will crush your soul because in the comments for that are a bunch of people, at least on the Twitter thread that I saw this is attached to, we're a bunch of people who wanted to let the world know that they never stopped social distancing, and they never stopped wearing masks, and they never stopped doing these things. So they are virtuous. You are the problem, and this is all your fault. It's not their fault for doing these things, and it will It just makes you angry to read these absolutely who are continuing to do things by the way that don't necessarily even work that we now know. But I digress all right back to this because this Tim Walls cut. What is wrong this one? The Tim Walls cut. It just can't be taking a part enough the little things here. I'm gonna play it again. So Tim Walls is specifically asked about the stolen valor stuff. And I'm gonna let you know, by the way, what the wall situation has seemed to bring about. And it's already shown results, and that's people going through politicians who talk about military service and perhaps awards and promotions they've received and checking that info. You know, you can check that info. If if somebody tells you that they got the Medal of Honor, you can check that. If somebody tells you that they have a purple heart, you can check that. And that's what they're doing. And that's there's some interesting results. But let me let me go ahead and get to the tim walls cut. Here we go. Oh no, now it's frozen, absolutely great. Now hang on to it stops and then it logs back in, which is doing right now? I have no idea what this keeps doing. Then I talked to our engineering Matt Dude, and he's just like, that's weird. Yeah, yeah, it is all right. So here we go. Here is the question. Here is the cut.
Speaker 2: I want to ask you.
Speaker 6: A question about how you've described your service in the National Guard. You said that you carried weapons in war, but you have never deployed actually in a war zone. A campaign official said that you misspoke, did you well?
Speaker 8: First of all, I'm incredibly proud I've done twenty four years of wearing the uniform of this country. Equally proud of my service in a public school classroom, whether it's Congress or the governor. My record speaks for itself. But I think people are coming to you to know me. I speak like they do. I speak candidly, I wear my emotions on my sleeves, and I speak especially passionately about about our children being shot in schools and around around guns. So I think people know me, they know who I am, they know where my heart is. And again, my record has been out there for over forty years.
Speaker 1: To be for itself.
Speaker 6: And so he didn't answer it the idea that you said that you were in war. Did you miss speak, as the campaign has said, yeah.
Speaker 8: I said we were talking about in this case, this was after school shooting the ideas of carrying these weapons of war, and my wife the English telling my grammar's not always correct. But again, if it's not this it's an attack on my children for showing love for me, or it's an attack on my dog. I'm not going to do that. And the one thing I'll never do is I'll never demean another member's service.
Speaker 1: Okay, boy, where do I even start here? One, you're a teacher too. Let's just you're a language you understand your wife's an English teacher, and you're a governor now, but you're you're a language teacher. So to sit there and say you have bad grammar is crazy to me. But the craziest thing is, Roz, You've had an opportunity over the years to talk to people who are you just you know, their military, right, they call into the show on a military topic and they start talking to you. What is one of the things that military people don't do? And the thing that they don't do is speak in English? That a way I can understand it because you all love acronyms, which is fine. You ever talk to a military person. They threw three acronyms in the same sentence and you're like, I don't know what you're telling me, And that's okay. The military under comprehension of the information and your goals and tasks and language that is unique to the military, with more acronyms than you could ever ever imagine, and even military people could probably all remember. But what they don't do is screw up common language surrounding things like firearms and nervous. Do you get what I'm trying to say, Like, I've never heard a military person who goes, who said I was in Afghanistan in Iraq or I was in a war zone? Who wasn't and went, oh, well, obviously I misspoke because they understand that. They understand the concept of stolen valor. And it's not to say that people don't exaggerate. I'm talking about people who are quote unquote being honest about it. They don't screw that up. They know what a term means. You know, what does deployed mean? What does what does the theater of combat mean? What does you know? All of these terms? They are really aware, more so than the general public. So the idea that Tim Walls accidentally said he fought in a war zone with quote weapons of war, that's twenty four years in the military. I refuse to believe you made that error. But he didn't just say it once either, No, it remated said it outright over and over again. So no, nobody's buying that.
Speaker 3: They also scup their rank. Well that you know, that's yes, though the deal, because that's another form of stolen valor, and nobody's nobody's you know, questioning your service or they were questioning your lines about your service. It's completely different.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, and well but then, but that's the only response you can come back with, like, well, obviously they're questioning my service here, but they're not. Nobody begrudges you for doing twenty four you know, good for you. I don't know other than what I'm seeing surrounding this particular promotion and the reaction to it, I don't I haven't seen anything where for the other twenty two years people have weighed in on the kind of office or he was. Maybe he was fine, maybe he will you know, maybe he did the bare minimum, maybe he excelled in certain areas. Whatever. Nobody's questioning then. But I'll tell you what this has prompted is people digging into people listing all these and in fact, they've already started coming up with it. The governor of Maryland you ready for this, Wes Moore is apologizing because he accidentally wrote that he received a bronze star. You know, when you receive a bronze star, it's kind of a big deal. Ross, Did your dad get a Bronze star? I know he got purple heart, did not? He did not get a bronze Star. I have a close family friend who has two Bronze Stars. I've actually physically seen them, so I tend to believe them. And you know, the stories surrounding them are flipping amazing. Right. It's clear that his name is Rodney. It's clear that Rodney earned those right. So, but the story he had to tell me as to why he was awarded the bronze star along with a purple heart, I think he has a cluster attached to it too, is insane. Is a story where you're just like, yep, no, that makes sense. You don't just oh, oops, I got a oh I didn't get a bronze start. The Governor Maryland wrote on his Now this is interesting. This is when he was attempting to work in the White House back in two thousand and six, so he was on his way and he wrote about having a bronze start. He didn't have one. He was twenty seven at the time, more than old enough. He said that the reason he never corrected the mistake initially is because he was eager to begin the next phase of his life and had forgotten about it. No, that's going to irritate the crap out of people. For you military folks out there, are you telling me that you've served with somebody who has been a lifer for all practical purposes that can't correctly delineate whether they served in a combat zone, which, by the way, I thought that increases your pace, so that'd be a pretty good way of knowing. You're telling me that those people exist in the military who are at that rank with twenty plus years in. I don't believe it. Everything about his answer. The more I hear it and listen to it, because I had dub An audio this morning, it makes me more and more angry because and then his answer, they're asking him, asking him about this stolen valor, and he pivots to school shootings, yes, which is like, so now you're using a school shooting as a political prop and you're like, well, yeah, so I didn't actually deploy. I abandoned my UNI and stuff, but you know, I was in a classroom, which is pretty much like a war zone. Because the school shootings, yea, that is it's gross. It's just like the the corngall Valley. Actually, in fact that I should name this instead of Wakefield, call it Cornngall Valley High School up there. You don't know what Cornngall Valley is. You should look that up because it's clearly a lot worse than the than today's schools. All of the horrible stories was standing.
Speaker 3: And he's doing that right as a political prop because there are people who send their children to public schools, and part of the worrying when you're a parent is you don't want something like that to happen. So he's using that as an emotional weapon.
Speaker 1: It's christ Yeah, So if you're gonna write about stolen awards or talk about things that you did or didn't do, you should probably get it accurate because people are checking now. So Ross, I reviewed your application because I figured it would be thorough. Did you actually receive the Order of the Batlith and the Starfleet Medal of Honor? Is that it says here in your application you got both of those. That would be weird that you'd get both the Klingon Highest Award and the Starfleet Highest Award? Should I check into this or just it's probably accurate? Just move along, Just move it's not important I see, okay, all right, well we were a little unclear. All right, I'll let you grab that call while we get some more audio. The idea I.
Speaker 3: Would bring dishonor upon my house, I can't even believe you would do that. I can't look at this.
Speaker 1: Ross also got the Cochrane Medal of Excellent, so that's good. Yeah, he wears them around too. It's absolutely repugnant, this clanging together in an audio setting. What are you gonna do? All right? So anyway, Yeah, like I said, there was stuff in here that would make you more angry than even the Kamalist stuff. But let's get back to the Kamalist stuff, shall we, and specifically inflation. All right, that's kind of a big deal. I want you to listen to what she says and calculated in your brain versus your fields.
Speaker 6: You have been vice president for three and a half years. The steps that you're talking about, now, why haven't you done them already?
Speaker 7: Well, first of all, we had to recover as an economy, and we have done that. I'm very proud of the work that we have done that has brought inflation down to less than three percent.
Speaker 1: Okay, and again, this is the plane fast and loose, and this is what Danica Bash. We're gonna keep calling her a different d name because we don't know what it is, and we're parroting three year letterman.
Speaker 6: This is.
Speaker 1: And Dani Kabash knows that when they say inflation's down, it's not down versus when they came into office. It's up dramatically. In fact, in some measurements it's up twenty three percent. Not the government's measurement because they don't take into account the things you know, you actually buy, but whatever, But it's up. Just because it's down from month over month doesn't mean it's down.
Speaker 3: That presses me off that they do that, right, because they're like, oh, well inflation is going down. No it isn't. You're just adding it to the previous month. It's like, I saw this explain that social media. It's a great way to explain it if you're looking to explain it to somebody. You know, you put on five pounds one month, right, and the next month you put on four pounds, so went down. In the next month you put three two though, right, so it looks like right, but no, I'm talking about adding weight. Right, So you put on you put in five pounds one year, and you put on you know, three pounds the next year, and you put on two pounds, and it's like, yeah, the percentage is going down, but you're still adding weight.
Speaker 1: But then you lose five pounds that same year and you're like, oh, I am light. You know it's lighter than when I got here. No, it's not. You're still up with twelve pounds by your own calculations. Is that that's the one you saw? Yes, yeah, yeah, No, it's one hundred percent accurate. That's exactly the way that it was down three percent.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you're still adding three percent to what it was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolute insanity. Man. All right, let me grab or actually, let me grab this call here real quick and we'll get into some other stuff. All right, Eric, what's up. How you doing this morning?
Speaker 5: Good? Right?
Speaker 4: I just want to call in. Yeah, I just wanted to speak to what you're talking about with Kim Walls. I was in the military for many years. I'm a disabled Army veteran. I was in the eighty second Airborne Division. I'm gonna tell you this. If Tim Walls was one of my leaders, and he stood in front of a formation one morning and told all of us in our platoon that Hey, when I was in Panama, I jumped into the airport and I did so and so, and I did this, and I did that. The moment that that lie came out of his mouth, every single person who was in earshot of that would completely lose respect for the man, if they had any, and he would never regain that back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, words, guys wouldn't mutiny, but there would be provisions because the rumor mill would be that this guy's line about his service, and I would think that the higher ups at that point would be like, yeah, this is not a good thing.
Speaker 4: And that information the rumor mil was withinside the military. We all know, we hear, we know BS when we hear it, and that's complete BS. And it would spread so fast that that guy would never he would never be able to get uh get any respect ever again period. And to continue with the lie over and over again just shows a level of who wants that as a leader.
Speaker 1: Well, maybe that's the that's the case, and Eric come up against the clock. I appreciate it, but no, Eric's absolutely right. Even though that stuff may manifest within the military and people around immediately going to know it listen to military people. Listen to all this guy's former CEOs. Listen to the guys who took over that job. His CEO said the best. He's so glad Walls resigned because he was bad at it. You should that shouldn't that should matter with you. Coming up on the show in thirty minutes, Pete Callender will join us and we'll take apart his uh military service, which I don't think he did any so it should be pretty easy. But either way, that's coming up. See what he thought of the old Kamala interview there. That's what we're attempting to digest and make our way through this morning. So well, I get a lot of emails this morning. The thing that gets me is this line. Sack of crap had the opportunity to lead troops into combat and walked away from the rank the troops he would have led and the ability to say he went to war. Now he claims to have done all those things that brave men and women actually did under federal orders, without the sacrifice and in reality, without the testicular fortitude. I'm gonna change your emailsir. They left their family sacrifice, gave up a year plus of their life. As Ross said, he immediately pivoted to being a victim. The guy is worse than Kamala. Yeah, and he you know what, And here's the thing, and it wouldn't stop him from pivoting to be a victim. But when you have a group of people who throw out the easy thing, I would argue that some of the people that were making fun of Tim Walls's son were supporters, not that there weren't enough people who hate him that were doing it, but I think there was also some supporters ginning that up, because then Walls can be like, look how horrible they are. It's not me. But in reality, none of these issues having to do with this have anything to do with your kids or your dog. Sir, But you signing former National Guard soldier three deployments. All right, well, I appreciate you out there, Steve. Yeah, that's the stuff that just boggles people's minds as we're getting into this. All right, let's go ahead and talk about the I think the big elephant in the room, and that is, well, you're currently the vice president, So how can you be the agent of change? And how can everything be so horrible that we need you to fix it? Although I did see a new version Ross. Do you know what the new spin on this is. By the way, I saw MSNBC do it yesterday, and the New York Times did it all right, so you know the new spin. It's not that Kamala isn't in power. It's that it's all run by old white men. So the change is from old white men running stuff, and not just because she doesn't have any power. She's just in the office, sitting around the Naval Observatory baking or something. So when they say change it, don't think of it as well. She's currently in office, so it would be a change from her. You need to understand that the old white man cabal was running everything, and so change is her youth and her energy and I'm sure her wonderful stories and cocktail recipes. So that's how they're trying to spin this thing. But Darlene Bash asked about it, so let's go ahead and hear it.
Speaker 6: Maintain bionomics is a success.
Speaker 7: I maintain that when we do the work of bringing down prescription medication for the American people, including capping the cost of the annual cost of prescription medication for seniors at two thousand dollars, when we do what we did in the first year of being in office to extend the child tax credit so that we cut child poverty in America by over fifty percent. When we do what we have done to invest in the American people in bringing manufacturing back to the United States, so that we created over eight hundred thousand new manufacturing jobs.
Speaker 1: By the way, does this not sound like a Trump speech? And it should, because all of those things were either prioritized or we're done. Child tax credit was something that was done again under Trump. The cost of prescription drugs like insulin was capped by Trump. If you remember, in both instances, these cats walked away from it so they could then do their own thing. And then bringing manufacturing jobs. Trump wouldn't shut up about that since twenty sixteen every time he came to North Carolina. It was part of the discussion. Rightfully, so after what NAFTA did to this place. But she's reciting Trump's stuff, and DaVita Basher knows this, she knows this, and she should be. I'm assuming that's what the forty two minutes is. It's just follow ups, going, are you really that's your final answer?
Speaker 7: Bringing business back to America, what we have done to improve the supply chain, so we're not relying on foreign governments to supply American families with their basic needs. I'll say that that's good work.
Speaker 1: I'll say that that's all either made up things that were already happening or things that you haven't accomplished yet. And then she went, rent is too damn highd channel in him.
Speaker 7: Hundreds of people a day were dying because of COVID. The economy had crashed in large part, all of that because of mismanagement by Donald Trump of that crisis. When we came in, our highest priority was to do what we could to rescue America. And today we know that we have inflation at under three percent. A lot of our policies have led to the reality that America recovered faster than any wealthy.
Speaker 1: Nation around the world, which is not true. Right.
Speaker 7: Prices in particular for US are still too high. The American people know what.
Speaker 1: I know it by the way that that whole thing that is one of the biggest made up statistics out there, the US recovered faster. Do you know that the way that they actually calculated that had to do with GDP stuff and specifically. One of the reasons that the US ranks high, although not first on that is because they put an ungodly sum of money into a couple different programs and then estimated the job production from it even though it didn't emerge. One of those things, I'll just give you an example of this is the amount of jobs that are calculated as part of the portion of the one of I can remember which of the two bills it was in, but the amount of jobs created to build and install electric charging units. Because we're talking hundreds of millions and hundreds and into the billions with some of these projects, and so they were able to calculate some of these things as existing. Well, we now know, what do they build ross five or six charging stations nationwide? I think it's five, yeah, five. So and then even then it doesn't put you ahead of nations like Sweden and various others. There's a few, and so that's it's not even true. But the biggest canard, the thing I think people are most worried about in many instances, is what's going on at the border. Did you guys see the video footage from the apartment complex in Aurora, Colorado? Aurora if you don't know, is Aurora's The Aurora is the West suburb, or excuse me, the East suburb of Denver. It's decidedly not that nice. Some parts are, but for the most part, living in Aurora is living in a more socioeconomic fraud area. And so a lot of that is where you've seen the migrant crisis in Denver Center. Plus it's where they had the tense city and you see what's going on in this apartment complex is something that goes on in these third world hell whole dictator order is broken down kind of places. You see what looks like a Venezuelan hit squad carrying pistols, carrying what looks like shotguns, and even some weapons that I'm not particularly I don't know if they're automatic or not they have the capacity to be, it's hard to tell. And they're basically kids, they're teenagers, early twenties, and they've just decided that I'm the landlord. Now I'm the landlord, and so they roll in there to essentially collect rent police stuff. In the one video, they're searching apartments for somebody who was telling them they couldn't and you know, no search wearn't nothing. They're just they're just going in and doing this stuff.
Speaker 3: If they've taken over three apartment complexes there three and we.
Speaker 1: Had two buses in San Diego yesterday where the buses couldn't even stop for the kids because a bunch of migrants tried to take the bus. I'm telling you, man, that is some really scary that's because that is scary stuff that's always been at arms distance. Right. You hear the story about oh, in Al Salvador, you had a bunch of gang members who took over a square block or something, or in Venezuela, and you're able to couple it with extreme poverty and everything that's going on, and that trains people. I told you about my friend from Venezuela, Like the stories are amazing and not in a good way. And what happened their family business because they didn't fall in line. Those very same folks are coming here. You know you've heard about how you know these countries are offloading the worst of the worst. I absolutely believe that you know why because we've seen a Cuba did it, Cuba's boat lift and hostage, that whole thing where we took thousands of people who were quote in prison or we're in danger. It turned out a lot of them were in isn't a lot of them should have been in prison, and not just for weird made up dictator stuff. So with that in mind, they asked her about the border and you know, go hard here and explain again why you pivoted your position. But she goes a different direction. We'll get to that here in just a moment. First, raced Agic from the Weather Channel is standing by. We'll go ahead, and oh it's ken Boone. That's right, because raced Agic No, no, no, no, yeah, Monday's ken Boone, right Monday.
Speaker 9: Yeah, well it's actually Jeff maher Well I thought here on Monday. No, nobody's here Monday. So that's good.
Speaker 1: Okay, mm hmm. How'd you like the acc action last night?
Speaker 9: Huh? Well, there weren't more than three teams, right they played? I know all three teams won?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Right?
Speaker 9: That amounts gave a NC State a run there though that was pulling.
Speaker 1: For him Gophers. Uh, given tar Heels a run that was less than a less than a field goal and before crushed A and T. Yeah, that's that's pretty much what you expected.
Speaker 9: Got it.
Speaker 1: First one State won by like two touchdowns, no more than that, two touchdowns in a field goal.
Speaker 9: It was thirty twenty one. Yeah, yeah, thirty eight twenty one. But it's what you expect. It was sloppy in the beginning, and you know, so it is what it is and had a delay and tomorrow tomorrowcast by the way, no, thank you. Yeah, I said I didn't think many had it in, but I said there could be something that could. It's exactly what I some isolated storms around, so that worked out.
Speaker 1: I'm taking in Georgia and the points tomorrow.
Speaker 9: I'm not touching that. If you take Clemson, it's a pretty good payoff.
Speaker 1: Well not if you're betting, well, if you're betting money line. Yes, well yeah, I meant for those that I don't because it's if you just take it with the points, it's just the regular payoffs. So right, I endure draftings, so you gotta listen to me. So oh okay, So also I have a gambling yeah, Bobby, so oh man, anywhoy? Well good for you.
Speaker 9: But yeah, we'll see, we'll see a couple of good ones tomorrow, but the dome will be closed for that one, so you don't have to worry about rain. If it does, it'll be on the way home if you are taking the trip. We're going to see our rain chances the next few days continue to go up, so the coverage you go up, starting probably this afternoon.
Speaker 1: I think we had a one hundred yesterday, and we had one hundred yesterday. I think we did so I don't know. It sucked, Yeah it sucked. Yes, yeah, a terrible cuddy. Yeah it was one hundred and one.
Speaker 9: Actually, sorry, broke the records at nineteen forty eight of one hundred. Try it ninety five, no records. So today, with the nineties back in the little bit nineties and the heat committed in the front trying to get here, the rain chance goes up a little bit. So widely scattered this afternoon and tomorrow afternoon. Then on Sunday and Monday better chances, maybe especially on Sunday of scattered shower storms. I really think Sunday's the best chance. And then and Monday Labor Day will be like, yeah, there might rain a little bit, and then go back more hours of drive than wey. That looks like how it's gonna go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, by the way, Ross thinks for sending messages about the the flat Earth or something. So well, he did say the dome would be closed. I think he met the dome in Atlanta. Yes, Mercedes ben Staking Oh okay, okay, dude, yeah yeah, yeah, No, he's slipped up there. We got you at tape bro. All right, all right out of here. Illuminati dude. All right, there you go, raced age. I totally a member of the Illuminati. Seven forty eight. More audio with Kamala and Pete Callender coming up. Hang on Venezuelan gangs taking over apartment complexes to extract rent and whatever else they can get. Like, there's a they've they've ledged there has been a sexual assault at one of the places too. I'm seeing that's going well. Also you have in California they've had to like alter bus routes because now I don't know, the language is a little unclear as to whether they try to quote unquote take the bus or simply get on the bus and refuse to get off. But regardless, any parent's going to be terrified if a group of anybody is trying to get on their kids' bus and doing so in a somewhat threatening manner or a very threatening manner between the two stories. It's the part where it's super preventable in this instance that I think weighs on people's minds. So with all of that going on, let's hear Kamala asked about it.
Speaker 6: Shall we raise your hand when asked whether or not the border should be decriminalized?
Speaker 2: Do you still believe that? I believe there should be consequence.
Speaker 7: We have laws that have to be followed and enforced that address and deal with people who cross our border illegally.
Speaker 1: By the way, this is again a total non answered. So yes, you can say, well, there's laws that do this, do you support those laws?
Speaker 7: And there should be consequence? And let's be clear in this way, I'm the only person who has prosecuted transnational criminal organizations who trafficking guns, drugs, and human beings. I'm the only person in this race who actually served a border state as attorney general to enforce our laws, and I would enforce our laws as president going forward. I recognize the.
Speaker 1: Problem, Okay, And again it's a fine thing to say in the same way that like with Mark Robinson with abortion, this is you know, this is exactly the same thing Mark. You know, We've done interviews on the show where he's just like, I'd prefer if there's no abortion, that's his opinion. But when it comes to the laws, he has said that he was comfortable with this with the last built which I think was what twelve weeks so, and at that case, if he's governor, he'll, you know, he'll enforce the laws as they are there are. You can take either route because sometimes you recognize you're not going to be able to get a change. But people need to know where you stand. People need to know where you stand. And the big, big, big thing in the room is did you notice this guy was losing his marbles? I mean, you're meeting with him at least once a week. Did you see the decline?
Speaker 6: President Harris, you were a very staunch defender of President Biden's capacity to serve another four years. Right after the debate, you insisted that President Biden is extraordinarily strong. Given where we are now, do you have any regrets about what you told the American people?
Speaker 2: No, not at all, not at all.
Speaker 1: I have.
Speaker 7: Served with President Biden.
Speaker 1: This is the easiest year for almost.
Speaker 7: Four years now, and I'll tell you it's one of the greatest honors of my career. Truly, he cares so deeply about the American people.
Speaker 2: He is so smart and.
Speaker 7: Loyal to the American people. And I have spent hours upon hours with him being in the Oval office or the situation room. He has the intelli, the commitment, and the judgment and disposition that I think the American people rightly deserve in their president.
Speaker 1: All right, but since it is Friday, they're in the or here in the third hour, go ahead, and we welcome in our radio buddy to the South Pete Calender, Midday's WVT and on the iHeart radio app. What's going on, sir?
Speaker 5: Nothing, I don't think. How are you?
Speaker 1: I'm good?
Speaker 2: You are racist?
Speaker 1: I'm sorry? Oh sorry? Yeah, that's that's from the New Woke video game where you you run around smash Antifa and fascists.
Speaker 5: So, oh, is this available on Xbox game pas Ross?
Speaker 1: Is it on game Pass? You do have to pay for it? But the best part is you already paid for it. So are you following? Are you following? Dustborn?
Speaker 3: Are you dust born?
Speaker 1: Dude? It's a whole video game that the US government paid for, the EU paid for, the government of Norway paid for in the British government paid for and the entire game is you a social justice warrior going around and and in many cases injecting yourself into situations. And your powers unlike punches, kicks, swords, magic, you know what's usually in a video game. Yeah, your powers are canceling, normalizing, and bullying bad behavior. And in fact, the whole game is basically you just being awful to people, even people who aren't doing anything. And at the end of the game, you have you then get your empathy score because they the reveal is is that empathy is the ultimate weapon. So and it's just po propaganda that we paid for. You should look it up. Man dust born is born?
Speaker 5: Yes, what a weird name for a for a game about that? Are there?
Speaker 6: So?
Speaker 5: Are there? Are there boss fights? Like do we go into mute and glue ourselves to Do you want to hear?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, hold on? Do you want to hear the protagonist? I do not know their gender, so I won't attempt it. Who's in a diner talking to two police officers who are the bad guys?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 1: Do you want to hear the character defeating the evil racist police? All right? Sure? And and so keep in mind as the police are saying this, there's a little you know, you're a play PlayStation. I don't know if you got into it.
Speaker 5: I'm an Xbox guy, but I am aware of another console that is out on the market.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, My point being though, it shows you hit triangle right to go ahead and just you know, use your right. So what you're gonna hear is the weapon? All right, here we go. Okay, the black kid dress is like, let me try to get well, you're with the black kid dresses like a writer? Does he know anything?
Speaker 2: You are racist?
Speaker 1: Boom boom, out of the water.
Speaker 5: Calling somebody a racist.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you could do the racist thing. In one case, you got to burn your own house down because your mom's doing an opium grow operation and an evil white neighbor came over and saw it and called the police. So so you have to burn your own home down and your grow operation. Yes, and you're you're still the morally superior one.
Speaker 5: So so does the weapon of your racist Does that diminish over the course of the game, Like the more you use it, the less effective it becomes.
Speaker 1: No, I believe it becomes more effective because you're calculating these out points. I'm out everything you're doing stronger.
Speaker 5: No, I'm out. That doesn't that's not now, that's not realistic.
Speaker 1: Really, that's you're out.
Speaker 3: Huh.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I agree with that.
Speaker 1: I agree with you. The more you yell at, the less I care. Like I listened to you. But remember you're having to approach this from a bunch of moonbats who got all of your government tax dollars in mind, uh to go ahead and build this thing. And it only took them.
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh. Yeah, Well, is still in early access? Is it still early access?
Speaker 3: Where the trend is?
Speaker 1: It's wide open? It is we so any wait, hold on, hold on, I was just ross just checked it. He is in the Xbox store. It is yes, dust born, dust born. Yeah, what does that name even mean?
Speaker 5: By the way, is it like I.
Speaker 1: Have no idea, like you're born from the dust of of what? Or like it's also it's also the reality is also shifted, so like JFK wasn't assassinated. A Republican was. So that's good. There's a bunch of little tweaks here. But I have no idea what they call it that, I don't know.
Speaker 5: But it's a weird. It's just that it's just a weird I know of like the dragon Born, which kind of makes sense. It's like a fantasy, you know, dragon related game and you're born of this dragon blood kind of thing, and like I get that. But dust Born, it's just like you're you're like a you're like a like a dust mic that causes allergies or something.
Speaker 2: I don't wow, listen to you are racist.
Speaker 5: No, see, it doesn't even it doesn't even matter to me anymore.
Speaker 1: Well, it's because you were defeated and you don't want to admit it.
Speaker 5: Man, I am curious, Like, who are the bosses in the level fights I want?
Speaker 1: Ross has taken a stand where he refuses to give them any money, in which I can respect. No, he didn't. Ross hasn't played the game.
Speaker 5: You said it was funded by taxpayers.
Speaker 1: Well, yes, yes, but more money. He's not gonna gi him any more money.
Speaker 5: More money, So you don't even So you've paid for this thing and now you're not going to You're not going to Yeah, well and so all right, so all right, So early access is the way all of these video games are now going. And so I know you are not as in the world as Ross is, but early access is where like yeah, okay, I don't even know what that means, but like early access is like where you you the developers come along and they released the game early before like okay, yeah, so it's not done and so they're like, we're going to keep working on it. Let us know if you encounter problems and stuff. And some games are in this early access early development kind of period for years for years, and it's become a joke. Whereas it used to be a way for developers to get an injection of money to keep doing the work so they could get their title released. But now it's just like this this purgatory where they just kind of hang out for years and years and years. Mission creep you know, takes hold and they end up just you know, mangling their own product a lot of time. But so I'm curious, eight years it took to develop this was not a major title that put this out, a major development house that did this. So did theay? Is this the early access period?
Speaker 4: Is it?
Speaker 6: No? No?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, it's it's fully full release. It's full release. Yeah what are they.
Speaker 5: Charging for it?
Speaker 1: Do we know?
Speaker 6: So? No?
Speaker 5: Yeah? No, no, no, no, what do you mean you can't. No, you can't charge twenty five dollars for something like this.
Speaker 1: Well you think maybe one hundred.
Speaker 5: No, Now, this is like a seven ninety nine title. Give me a break.
Speaker 1: Oh, I think it'll be there eventually, It'll be on that lie of bargain strip there.
Speaker 5: So I don't think I'm I'm gonna wait for it to come into game Pass.
Speaker 1: Okay, and then I get to play it. Yeah, play it on the air. Yeah, that'd be a great show. You know what we did do you know what we did for a show one time? That we did the whole show, the whole sh all three hours, and arguably it was one of our greatest shows ever. We were joking. I saw this story that they were this is this is during Chad Chop right the summer of mostly peaceful protest. Somebody they were somebody was writing Antifa romance novels and we bought one. I bought one on Amazon called My Antifa Lover and it's very short. It was very very short. It was maybe what eighty pages, hundred pages? And Ross just read it on the air while we mocked it. It's so bad. I can't remember all the reasons it's bad, but it's just like it's just this, you know, this girl who's a you know, normal, probably a little conservative, and she sees dudes in the black garb smashing stuff and it gets her all hot. And you know, it's your typical trash romance novel, but with an Antifa protagonist. And by the way, you would not believe it, but her Antifa lover great guy. Yeah once, he's just a guy fighting for fighting for stuff. Great guy, good guy. Yeah yeah. It's just a really really good dude who's got some's got some predilections. But you know, don't we also goodness? All right, here's a predilection on the part of Dana or Dana's Bash depend yeah yeah, yeah, oh yeah. I have to scold myself with the.
Speaker 2: You are racist.
Speaker 1: I don't know how that works with Bash, but whatever. So eighteen minutes made it out. The interview lasted an hour. I can't imagine what the other forty two minutes look like. But of the forty two minutes that did come out, there's a few things this that stuck out to me. And the very first thing is, and this was right off the bat, Bash is giving Kamala the answer in the question, and even giving her options and even giving her options. Now understand that what you're here, what you're hearing here is the Harris version of Barack Obama on gay marriage, where rather than flip flopping what they say, he evolved, he evolved. Okay, So this is this is a built in thing ready to go, and Bash is giving the answers.
Speaker 6: It's infurior generally speaking, How should voters look at some of the changes that you've made that you've explained some of here in your policy. Is it because you have more experience now and you've learned more about the information? Is it because you were running for president in a Democratic primary? And should they feel comfortable and confident that what you're saying now is going to be your policy moving forward?
Speaker 1: All right? So yeah, so just feed ribless. Yeah, well, it's a fine question at the beginning where you just stop, you know, have you changed? And then you just wait for them to do something right.
Speaker 5: Right, Those are all follow up questions you could ask. Just break the question apart. It's one of the most annoying things in media interviews that that I noticed, which is that they asked these long, rambling questions and give the policy all sorts of opportunities to answer whatever part they want to answer, rather than the actual question. Look, one thing that I learned from my time as a world record holding Olympic gold medal winning swimmer multiple Olympics is that.
Speaker 1: You know all those purple hearts on your chest right to swim? Yeah, very right.
Speaker 5: Look, I'm not going to apologize for speaking passionately, and sometimes my grammar is not always.
Speaker 1: The best teacher, right teacher? Okay, all right, right that we're going to get to that cut second.
Speaker 5: But yeah, yeah, yeah, So this is the thing, like, you got the opportunity to to ask these questions which, by the way, never addressed, which is why haven't you done any interviews? Why did you make us wait six weeks? Right like that? That should be one of the first questions, but no, she lets her slide on that, and then she offers up the multiple choice and then Kamala can't even take the multiple choice offers. It was not a great start. Look, the interview is going to allow the campaign to do what the interview was intended to do, which is to say she has already addressed these.
Speaker 4: Issues, let's move on.
Speaker 5: That's it. That's the whole point. Of this interview.
Speaker 1: Yeah, one hundred percent. And I got to be honest, I thought Walls would be in there. He would I thought Walls would come out very good in the interview because I thought that that was going to be the natural strategy. Let's keep him in here. You know he's going to get asked about three things in particular. We'll keep him in here. Let's have something ready to say. And his answer to the stolen valor thing made my head want to explode because you would have You have to believe three things, Pete. You have to believe that a person who taught language is bad with language. You have to believe that somebody who spent twenty plus years in the military doesn't talk and understand how military people talk, which is language that is full of acronyms, where words have very specific meaning. I'll give you exactly and well and then ranks was going to be the third one, but I'll give you example of the words. There's a reason why some of the most iconic stuff has to do with military members, usually young military members, mislabeling something and literally being punished for it or being trained in it. This is my rifle, this is my gun, would be. I think the most famous one from Oh geez I was just why am I sitting there? I'm sorry?
Speaker 9: What was that?
Speaker 1: Ross full metal jacket? I kept want to say apocalypse now my brain just shut off. But also, I'm not a military veteran, and when you say that you serve time in combat, that has a very specific meaning.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: And here's what he says.
Speaker 6: I want to ask you a question about how you've described your service in the National Guard. You said that you carried weapons in war, but you have never deployed actually in a war zone. Campaign officials said that you misspoke, did you Well?
Speaker 8: First of all, I'm incredibly proud I've done twenty four years of wearing the uniform of this country. Equally proud of my service in a public school classroom, whether it's Congress or the governor. My record speaks for itself. But I think people are coming to it to know me. I speak like they do. I speak candidly, I wear my emotions on my sleeves, and I speak especially passionately about our children being shot in schools.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm not I'm not even to dignify the rest of his answers, So he pivoted the school shooting minute and a half.
Speaker 3: What do you think?
Speaker 5: Yeah, and then he went on to say that, you know, his wife tells him his grammar isn't always great. So it's like, let me get this straight. You're talking that up to you're talking the lies that you told for twenty years as a grammatical error.
Speaker 3: Is that what I'm hearing?
Speaker 1: Says and then he says attacking kids and my dog, and it's like, none of this has anything to do with your kid or your dog, sir.
Speaker 5: Worst part, they've had six weeks to work on these answers. They've known what questions would be asked, albeit in this warm, you know, kid glove way, but they knew what questions were coming. Her on the flip flops, him on the stolen dollar, and this was their best shot at it. She said she has no regrets about lying to the American public about Joe Biden. She had only positive things to say about Bidenomics. Right, we're doing the best we can. She still stands by Bidenomics. And then they tried to ignore the joy right. Never once, never, once was mentioned joy And they obviously also coached her into minimizing the cackling right, so limited laughter.
Speaker 1: That's the forty two minutes just cackling.
Speaker 5: That's possible. Yeah, yeah, look, and here's the thing. I don't mind people laughing. Heck, I just did it myself. I don't mind people laughing. That's totally fine. It's the use of the laughter. As you can tell, she's trying to pivot to something to say because she can't think of what to sit right, And and then you know Walls up there saying, oh, he owns his mistakes, and he actually doesn't own any of these mistakes.
Speaker 1: Hey, I got I got five seconds. I'm sorry, I gotta put you off there. But no, you're you're preaching to the choir, sir. All right, get out of here and we'll be back color. Oh yeah, yeah yeah. The other Walls one, all right. I just wanted to be able to be sure we got through all of these. So our final piece of the eighteen minute puzzle, this was another Walls question. And if you remember, it was stolen Valor IVF the DWI where you pretended to be deaf. These are all big issues, and again ironically issues that I remember from I remember some of them from my time literally covering in Minnesota. In fact, the first congressional district I ever did interviews in, I ever really covered was the first district in Minnesota where Tim Walls came in with his awes shucks. I'm just a regular dude. I'm a command sergeant major, and I'm a friend of the farmers, and I'm basically a Republican, but I'm just on the side of Democrat. And he unseated Gilgutneck, who had been there for literally almost two decades as a Democrat, and Gutneck was a Republican and it's a it's a very red district, and then everything just got crazy, and so these things have been floating around. There was actually, and I had forgotten about this, he actually was on his campaign material listing fake endorsements, including the Chamber of Commerce, who had to issue a statement saying, we did not endorse you. We endorsed gilgut Neck.
Speaker 3: What are you doing?
Speaker 1: And they just kind of ignored him and then they removed it from a website and then that was that. But it shows you the level of dishonesty there. So let's get into this other big issue where while he and his wife did seek out assistance in getting pregnant the way he talked about it and the IVF procedures that he led people to believe that he had taken part in or I guess his wife.
Speaker 4: And him.
Speaker 1: Was, you know, with the whole extraction, getting the embryos ready, reimplanting the embryos, and that whole process, which of course wasn't what they did. Basically, it sounds like it was a swimmer issue, and they use what's sometimes referred to as the Turkey based or method just to get everything in there. I'll let you figure out the science there. So maybe not as egregious as the stolen valor thing, but when you're trying to emotionally connect with somebody and say that you have a shared experience, then it becomes dishonest when you're clearly misrepresenting yours. So he was asked about that, and let's see if let's see if he answers on these two issues.
Speaker 6: You had to clarify that you had said that you and your wife used I but it turned out you used a different kind of fertility in order to have children. And then when you ran for Congress in two thousand and six, your campaign repeatedly made fall statements about a nineteen ninety five arrest for drunk and reckless driving. What do you say to voters who aren't sure whether they can take you at your word?
Speaker 1: By the way, because I was mean to her earlier with her obvious BS question with multiple choice, that is the correct way to ask that question. Cite the specific examples so that you know he doesn't ignore one, and then simply say, how do people trust you with this being the case? That's how you correctly ask that question. All right, So let's hear if he correctly answers it.
Speaker 8: Well, I've been very public. I think they can see my students come out, former folks I've served with, and they vouch for me. I certainly own my mistakes when I make them know they do. One thing I'll tell you is that I wished in this country wouldn't have to do this. I spoke about our infertility issues because it's hell in families know this. And I spoke about the treatments that were available to us that had those beautiful children there. That's quite a contrast in folks that are trying to take those rights away from us. And so I think people know who I am, they know that record, they've seen that I've taught thousands of students. I've been out there, and I won't apologize for peaking passionately, whether it's guns in schools or protecting your reproductive rights. The contrast could not be clear between what we're running against. The Vice President's position on this has been clear, and I think most Americans get it if you've been through that. I don't think they're cutting hairs on IVF or IUI. I think what they're cutting hairs on as an abortion ban and the ability to be able to deny FAMI, which is the chance to have a beautiful child.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, the irony notwithstanding in the statement of then turning it into well they want an abortion ban and saying that somehow that will lead to more kids is will put that aside. There is not a national abortion ban even being for posed, and if there is, it's been very clear. Now he could change his mind, and then he deserves any of the criticism there if you relied on his initial point. But you've had both Vans and trump'say they they wouldn't. Trump would never sign anything like that. And on the IVF stuff, sure are there people who have moral objections to it. The official position of both the Baptist and Catholic church is one that is much more conservative than the current You know how IVF exists. That being said, I'm about ninety percent sure. As I was sitting there at the bottom of the hour listening to Kyle and Kyle and News and Fox News do the report, they would run an audio of Trump literally proposing mandatory funding for IVF. So it's it's as per usual and credibly disingenuous. And then you go to a hall somewhere where you've got a bunch of useful idiots who can't even manage to chant the name of our country, which is really simple. This is what you get. Did you see Doug Emhoff at that thing yesterday trying to get the USA champ.
Speaker 2: Going USA USA.
Speaker 6: So.
Speaker 1: You get that, and then they just stopped chanting. I don't know, it was just it's awkward because it feels so forced, It feels so incredibly forced to have that sex symbol starting this chant. Hey, not my words, that's a New York Times, so talk to them. But there is one gate that didn't get touched. There is one item that's out there, and it's the dumbest of the gates. But it's still it's a thing. Up until very recently, nobody knew that Kamala Harris worked at a McDonald's in the Bay Area at some point in the nineteen seventies, A little unclear around in it. And the reason is is because every single whether it's her her autobiography, recounts of her past where she's been laying that out, including and up to including a job, you know, resumes things like that never included any of this. But according to Harris, she was both fry cook and cashier. And there are some people who don't believe her because she's been trying to put together this image of being financially destitute growing up and having to you know, yes, even though I was I was trying to study in school, I still had to go get a job, and that there's anything wrong with that. There's a lot of people who can more than afford to send their kids to college and they still want their kids to have a job to learn responsibility. That's fine, But to never bring up any of the McDonald's stuff, and then now you did, and nobody can find any evidence of it. Why why put that out there? So I don't know, remember her not only was her family not poor, and not only were her both of her parents very very well off with the family still has financial financial interest that stem from the whole Jamaican plantation thing right there, there is some there is a revenue stream there, and there's still property owned. So the whole McDonald's thing was just weird. But yeah, they didn't bring it up. And again it's it's really the least of I think people's concerns whether she worked at mickey D's or none. All right, anyway, eight forty four raised agic. Do you ever do fast food? Do you ever work at some fast food there? Terrorizing the children? Now your size, I don't know, you know, I was.
Speaker 9: I was fortunate, I guess you'd call it that. Did a lot of lawnmowing, not into work with a father son concrete company when I was thirteen. Business, small town, you know, you know, when you work for the contract and actually made I was making decent money, decent money even as a teenager, got on a couple of jobs with my father. He used to work for boilermakers union. Okay, so I got on a couple of summers with them.
Speaker 1: And yeah, so no, to answer your question, no, I was so yeah, okay, all dangerous weekend ahead.
Speaker 9: Huh you're not talking about the weather, are you?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: Do you not know what the anniversary is?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, let me go to hold on here. Listen to this audio.
Speaker 5: What is it?
Speaker 10: Callender over there? It says August thirty, twenty twenty four. I'm not sure I understand you ever hear the Bell riots faintly? It is one of the most violent civil services in American history. And it happened right here San Francisco Sanctuary District. Ay, the first week of September twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: Look at that. So first week. Yeah, so we have the Bell rides coming out, according to Star Trek, so oh yes, I mean it's right there.
Speaker 9: It's no Drags Dragon Con down in Atlanta too, so it will be down there.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, I think the Bell's Riots are gonna be a big deal, So.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it probably will be. Hey, it's gonna be a mess boy travel early if you are making the trip, That's what I would suggest you got that. There's a couple other festivals going on and the football game, so gonna be a ton of traffic in and around Atlanta here locally, gonna be warm human not one on one again like it was yesterday. Might feel close to that with the heat index, but probably just above load of mid nineties across the area. Some storms this afternoon and some scattered storms over the weekend. It looks like it's gonna be likely the afternoon stuff now one of the mornings. If you get a shower of storm, they'll probably be limited and temperatures will start coming down, maybe only in the little mid eighties by Labor Day early next week. Got some cool weather into I don't think I mentioned it last time, and if I did, I will in case I in the Atlantic. Now I've got two areas of interest. One's got a fifty percent chances heads towards the island islands in the next seven days, a greater un lesser antilities. The models really not doing much with that, and actually, yeah, with the a AM they've dropped that now to forty percent. So that's staying south and we'll see what happens next week or maybe even the week after, and then another wave coming off the coast twenty percent chance to developed, so maybe things that start picking up. It doesn't mean that any of these are going to develop, and even if they do, it doesn't mean they're going to impact the US. And even if they do, it doesn't give you any idea of any intensity. So we'll talk about those on Tuesday. See if there's anything left to talk about.
Speaker 1: Real quick. What's more dangerous the bells rides in San Francisco or riding the Marta after dark this weekend?
Speaker 9: Riding the Marta after dark this weekend or any weekend or any time of the day. Really yeah, close to it. I'll give you the report from my brother and sister in law. They're taking it over to our tailgate spot. So yeah, there's people take it to mar all.
Speaker 1: Right, let them borrow some protection. That's all I'm saying. All right, flock Tuesday and we'll start back chat with Jeff Bellinger next hang on OLOD.
Speaker 11: Morning, Casey, and Happy Friday. Latest reading on inflation largely in line with forecast. The government just reported this morning the Personal Consumption Expenditures Index, known as the PCE, rose two tens percent last month. It was up two point six percent from July of last year. The PCE has been getting more attention of late because Federal Reserve officials have said it is the inflation gauge preferred by policy makers. Americans' personal incomes were up a little more than expected last month. The gain was three tenths percent, and consumer spending was up five tenths percent.
Speaker 1: That was as expected.
Speaker 11: A lot of consumers buying only what they must these days. Dollar General shares plunged yesterday. The company reported its customers have cut back. All to Beauty says demand for cosmetics is done. Lulu Lemon reported fewer people are buying expensive Yogawar. It's not all bad news from the retail sector. Shares of Best Buy and Gap did well yesterday. Both companies reported quarterly sales that were better than expected. Auto dealers are optimistic. Labor Day weekend tends to be a big weekend.
Speaker 1: For car sales.
Speaker 11: And two voice actors filed a complaint and federal court against the generative AI company eleven Labs. Carrissa Becker and Mark Boyett accused the company of creating an AI voiceover generator that mimics their voices and speaking styles, and Variety spotted this one. Tom Hanks Casey took to Instagram advising fans he is not promoting any miracle cures or wonder drugs. Hank says, fraudulent AI generated ads on the Internet are using his name, likeness, and voice without his consent.
Speaker 1: Casey. You know what's crazy about that too, is this isn't a new AI thing. These types of ads have been around for years a lot. I think a bunch of people on the Home and Garden Network basically they were getting they were trying to hunt down and they really couldn't do anything because pictures of like the hosts of some of these shows promoting you know, stuff from Timu and all it would just it was all over the internet and it was obviously wasn't them. So now that they got AI, it's just gonna get worse, is what you're saying. Great, all right, Uh, you got a big you got big plans for the three day weekend or not just extra to.
Speaker 11: Extra day with lady friends.
Speaker 1: So that'll be that will be nice. What about you? All right now? I am gonna go to the beach, so all.
Speaker 9: Right, enjoy it place Tuesday.
Speaker 1: All right? See you? Then there you go stage it from the Weather Channel, yeap beach and golf. That's how that's going down.