Speaker 1: Juicing your news. Hot gods come stay on top in the hot shovel.
Speaker 2: I m O is a abbreviation of in my opinion, and I am O. HBO slash Max is the bell of the ball when it comes to just making TV shows right now.
Speaker 3: The quality is always going to be good.
Speaker 2: And last night we had a series finale of an HBO comedy after four seasons.
Speaker 3: The Righteous Gymstones is now done.
Speaker 4: It's in the books now.
Speaker 2: I no matter what's caught up, We're not gonna talk about the show too much, spoiler it or anything like that.
Speaker 3: We're not gonna do that.
Speaker 2: But I was thinking, where does this stand on the echelon of HBO comedies of all time. There's a lot of shows that a company'll go, oh, yeah, that's an HBO one. So Ben, you're probably the only one of the shows caught up in seen it caught up. But I did watch just the preview of it last night after we watched Last of Us and I died laughing, and that was just, yeah, the preview.
Speaker 4: So yeah, that show.
Speaker 5: That show is interesting to me because I did I thought it was great, but I thought two characters in particular were outrageously funny, and I had I look forward to see him.
Speaker 4: First of all, Danny McBride, I laugh at anything he does.
Speaker 5: So Jesse Jimstone was great, but by no means was he the funniest character on that show. It was Uncle Baby Billy. Walt Goggins is one of the greatest characters in the history of entertainment. Like, I can't even fathom how outrageously funny that character is.
Speaker 4: He stole the show. I thought he was the MVP of the whole show.
Speaker 5: And then Judy Jimstone, I don't I mean, I guess she was in Vice Principles too, is it Eddie Edie Patterson? Edie Patterson, I don't even know her name. She was a close runner up to Baby Billy in that show Dude Cheer. Her dialogue was all off the charts awesome.
Speaker 6: So I have only seen for three or four episodes of season one of Righteous Gemstones, And like Ben love Danny McBride, I loved the tone of all that stuff, and I loved Eastbound and Down, but I got bored with it after a while. And then I don't even know if I ever finished it, because I was like, hey, you know, I don't know and then Vice Principals came out, and I thought that that was damn near perfect because they did two seasons and then they wrapped it up.
Speaker 5: You know, that's a great point because it's a lot like an SNL sketch, h Like, there's enough there that Okay, that's a fascinating character, but if you go too long, it's gonna get drawn.
Speaker 4: I or like there maybe wasn't enough here for that. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I kind of got lost in the Righteous Gymstones along the way too for that reason, but I got jumped back in here at the end, and Baby Billy brought it all home.
Speaker 6: I will say that y'all's reaction to this show has made me think, Okay, I should go watch it because I absolutely loved Vice Principles.
Speaker 4: I loved it.
Speaker 2: I like it more than right to Gymstones, but that's just more Walt Goggins and then the sassy character that will God.
Speaker 6: His mother and the relationship between him and his mother in law. He brings a lot of that to this too, relationships.
Speaker 2: And didn't write like you spend down was more about like solo, okay, and then I'd like the buddy thing with Vice Principals and this was more story. Yeah, and you get like intel it John Goodman's doing, and you know Adam Divine from Workaholics and all that stuff. Pretty wild ending and pretty dark, and it could have gone a lot of different ways.
Speaker 3: We won't talk about that too much. Buzz thing about these shows.
Speaker 2: And I was sitting there going, man, I like to show a lot, but I'm not certain that it's a top ten favorite HBO comedy of mine. Okay, so I'm just gonna list a few Veep is my number one HBO comedy of all time. I failed by not watching that, you have to, Okay, just and it's It's was made eleven years ago and it predicted everything that's happened in the last eleven years.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's very good and I love it. But for me, Curb Your Enthusiasm is maybe the most perfect show ever.
Speaker 2: I've had to recuse myself from these. I haven't seen Olive Curb.
Speaker 6: I can already tell you my top two HBO comedy shows of all time, and it's not even close. It's Curb Your Enthusiasm and it's Mister Show Show.
Speaker 4: Yep. Those are my two fades.
Speaker 6: And there's a bunch that I love, But those are just like Far and Away the Leaders.
Speaker 2: I have Larry Sanders show on there ahead of Righteous Jimstones.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, I.
Speaker 3: Just love playing on the late night talk show.
Speaker 4: Flight of the Concords.
Speaker 2: I did not have Flight at the Concords above it. I liked Flight of the Concords, but I didn't love it. Dude, The Tenacious d first season I liked, but it's like I'd rather just listen to the album. But all those bits from the album are in the show right ahead of Righteous jimsones for me?
Speaker 3: Is he spounding down?
Speaker 4: Still?
Speaker 3: The season one is so good. Season two when.
Speaker 2: They go to Mexico is very good. They got way lost in season three and four. I have Silicon Valley above Righteous Jimstone. Are we including the John Oliver in this whole thingers? That can its own category?
Speaker 1: You know what?
Speaker 3: If we are, then I would have to consider that.
Speaker 6: But I think it's its own category of like where Bill Maher is or whatever.
Speaker 2: I have Bury ahead of Righteous Jim Stones. I have Vice Principals ahead of Righteous Jim Stones.
Speaker 3: So come by.
Speaker 2: Crashing Pete Holmes is a comedian man three season it is wonderful.
Speaker 4: I got bored with him.
Speaker 2: I know everyone gets bored with him because he's awkward guy that shows the most. And I've comedians have been like, dude, this is the most realistic take on what it takes to be a stand up comedian in New York.
Speaker 6: Just the work your way up thing. Ali g Oh my god. Hell, yes, I forgot about how that's gotta be up there for me.
Speaker 3: That's in fact, I haven't seen all that.
Speaker 6: That's definitely top five for me, maybe top three.
Speaker 4: This show.
Speaker 2: I'm just just because we're talking about this. I haven't seen the show Girls. I liked Girls quite a bit.
Speaker 6: I could see getting bored with it, but I liked it a lot, and the acting on it is awesome.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I missed that one. I don't know why. It's great.
Speaker 2: Hacks one's tons of wards, but I've quit it, and I was like, should I give it a third shot and try not to quit it?
Speaker 3: I think it's fine, man.
Speaker 2: I really like the rehearsal on HBO, but I don't even know that you can call it a comedy. That's more of like a science experiment.
Speaker 3: You know, it was still going.
Speaker 5: Are y'all watching the new one at all? I've dabbled in it. It's really cool.
Speaker 6: It's it's it's so strange, so strange, you can't tell exactly what's happening on it.
Speaker 5: He takes it into some weird places, but he always has a serious facial expression.
Speaker 4: I never know what's real or not.
Speaker 3: I know that guy is really good at that though, So there.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: That's a righteous is wonderful and I can't wait to see what he does next because he brings back all these people.
Speaker 6: He move to Charleston like he does not live to La Life anymore. Are you guys not going to put the white Uh? Did he lived in Charlotte? It's Charleston Arston? Yeah, Well, are you guys not gonna put white lotus on there? As much as you love that, that's not give it as a comedy as much as a drama. But I guess it could be a comedy.
Speaker 4: It could be. It's funny. I mean it's it's probably got more comedy in it than Barry.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that might be true.
Speaker 6: There was I don't think any of y'all watched the show that Mike White did with Laura dern.
Speaker 4: Oh Man. The hell was that called?
Speaker 6: There's just two seasons of it called something or other.
Speaker 4: Huh. I'll look it up. I'll look it up during the next song.
Speaker 5: All Right, we got just over three minutes and we're gonna crank up the way back machine and get back into the old barn swallow situation. Is it a story about farm life or is it a bird that's pestering my house? All that's coming your way next