Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KFI AM six forty the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: On the campaign trail.
Speaker 3: Early voting begins today in Arizona, battleground state where the campaigns are holding dueling events in the Phoenix and the Tucson areas. Governor Tim Wallas attends a veterans event in Chandler. Later he's going to be meeting with Native American tribal leaders. Then he's going to host a rally in Tucson. Jd Vance is also in Arizona today. An Afghan national living in Oklahoma has been charged this week with conspiracy to carry out a terrorist attack on election Day on behalf of ISIS. This twenty seven year old guy was arrested this week in connection with conspiracy and attempting to provide material support to ISIS and getting guns and AMMO to execute his attack on the United States. In an interview after his arrest, he confirmed this attack was intended to target large gatherings and that he was expected to die a martyr. That he did expect to die a martin, along with a juvenile co conspirator who apparently was in the country also well.
Speaker 1: It was an hour long televised debate for the US Senate seat once held by Dianne Feinstein for seven hundred years until her death last year. And this was Steve Garvey and Adam Schiff facing off, going after each other over the reproductive rights, gun control, immigration, the whole bit.
Speaker 4: Hey, Garyan Shannon, this is John.
Speaker 2: Whoops, Hey John, that's a different one.
Speaker 5: Told to hear mister Garvey say he was supporting expanding medicare because earlier the campaign, mister Garvey said, you wanted to quote cut these entitlements. What entitlements were you saying we should cut, if not Medicare and SoC security?
Speaker 6: Where are you getting your information from you, mister Garvey, No, not from me.
Speaker 5: You know when this campaign started.
Speaker 6: When this campaign started, that first day I announced, you came out with a snarky remark that, oh, he was born on third base, meaning that I came from all the family. Let me tell you, I'm letting me finish about how you disparage my mother, a.
Speaker 7: Hard working, one well boy.
Speaker 6: You got up every day and took two buses to go to work, came home and took care of her son and her husband who she helped it out the door, being a Greyhound bus driver and an ifod weather. So this is what, let's just face it.
Speaker 1: I'm embarrassed. I'm embarrassed. I'm embarrassed, ringing.
Speaker 3: I had to come in on Channel seven last night and say, guys, we're a little far afield now we're getting off topic, et cetera.
Speaker 7: That me, are you?
Speaker 2: That's not me.
Speaker 1: I have no way of playing anything because why would I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's me either. Good it's not me.
Speaker 6: But I can't imagine that's your should How you could get up every morning and have one mission, and that's.
Speaker 2: To go after Donald Trump.
Speaker 6: You've been made a proxy by the higher ups in your party, whether it's going after him concerning impeachment, all these things. And if you think about it for a minute, how can you think about one man every day and focus on that when you've got millions of people in California to take care of.
Speaker 2: Mister shat's unconscidable.
Speaker 6: That, like I said before, he lied to three hundred million people when he was going through that whole process of trying to get Donald Trump Trump impeached.
Speaker 3: Now he brought that up a couple of times, did Garvey that the only thing I should say. Adam Shift's response to that was, basically, while mister Garvey was signing baseball's for the last thirty seven years, I was seeing presidents of both parties and governors of both parties signed my bills into law. And Garvey's comeback was, yeah, well, the only thing anybody remembers you for is the impeachment. They also had an exchange about the ghost of Diane Feinstein, with all due respect, where basically Adam Schiff said, you know, I want to, you know, govern in the way is sort of in the memory of Diane Feinstein, and then Steve Garvey tries to it seemed like do the Lloyd Benson of listen, you're no Dianne Feinstein, but he didn't do the line fully.
Speaker 2: I thought that's what he was going to do.
Speaker 3: So then Adam Schiff came back and tried to do the Lloyd Benson line where he says, listen, I knew Diane Feinstein.
Speaker 2: I was friends with Diane Feinstein.
Speaker 3: The problem is if you're the guy defending it, the punchline doesn't work.
Speaker 2: And he realized it and then completely pulled out of it.
Speaker 3: It was like, oh god, oh by Diane Feiinstyle Boy, it was not. And again, I feel like this is ragging on both sides. I just wish that there were people that you could be excited about on a national level.
Speaker 2: There's just sure, there's plenty. I mean in a.
Speaker 3: State like California where we've got the fifty five fifty five congressional districts and two cents, I mean there are, yes, there are some people that you can get excited.
Speaker 1: You can get excited about, you know, just listening to that Tampa Mayer talk about the hurricane and the preparation, and I'm like, this woman is a freaking nails like she is a battle axe. She is strong and a good leader. And I'm looking at her background and put she was a police chief and she worked in the FBI, and you know, there are great leaders that are working in politics in this country. But the crap is what rises to the top. The complete detritis just floats up to the very top of the surface.
Speaker 2: And that's what we get. The detritis.
Speaker 1: Just like in a river, you get all the leaves and the dirt right at the top there, and that's all you see. You don't see the beautiful creatures that swim beneath you see the crap floating on the top.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 1: I had a cappuccino, apparently from a place I usually don't go. Somebody urinating that, or maybe I stopped at UCLA, got some drugs in my cappuccino.
Speaker 2: By Gary and Shannon. This is Jeffynorco.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I don't think that we want the unedited version of Shannon. Otherwise we wouldn't get a hot ass Tips with Shannon segment like we got yesterday about how we need a sun tan or our cellulite. Anyway, love your show, have a great day.
Speaker 2: Bye, Thank you.
Speaker 1: You mean an edited version, right, what you get is unedited, And I'm glad that everyone knows that cellulite looks better tanned.
Speaker 3: I didn't know the hot tip. I don't even know if I could look that up like comparison pictures.
Speaker 1: Well, just google cellulite images and look at the pale cellulite versus the tan.
Speaker 7: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM.
Speaker 1: Six forty people are walking out of the joke, mass walkouts, and you know how much it costs to go to the movies these days, so walking out these days.
Speaker 2: Is quite the statement.
Speaker 1: And they say they're walking out because they're realizing something as they get into this movie.
Speaker 2: It's not good.
Speaker 1: They're realizing that it's a musical. So like songs just pop up, and they're like, there's a song, and there's another song, if there's one more song. They're not realizing that there's gonna be songs throughout, and that's why they're leaving.
Speaker 3: I was inundated with The Joker over the weekend. While you're sitting and watching Love Is Blind. I was flipping through channels finding different random college football games to watch, and The Joker was on like three different channels.
Speaker 2: The original I mean, the Walking Fire originally interesting.
Speaker 3: I mean, because they do they'll time it, of course to make it yeah, top of mind. But and I watched portions. I have not seen that whole movie yet. That was really well done. And Joaquin Phoenix is fantastic what he does. Why would they make it me? Why would they make the second one a musical?
Speaker 1: I've read that it was to appease him, Joquin Phoenix real this was kind of his baby, his vision, But I could be wrong.
Speaker 2: I have no idea. We have your chance at one thousand dollars.
Speaker 7: Now your chance to win one thousand dollars just enter this nationwide keyword on our website bills.
Speaker 2: That's Bills b I l LS.
Speaker 7: Enter it now at KFI AM six forty dot com, slash cash Howard by Sweet James Accident Attorneys. If you're hurting an accident, Winning is everything, call the winning attorneys at Sweet James one eight hundred nine million that's one eight hundred nine million or sweet James dot com.
Speaker 2: The keyword goes on the website.
Speaker 3: Make sure you keep an eye on email, since that's how the notification of winners goes. We'll do another one coming up an hour from now. Give you a chance to win a thousand bucks.
Speaker 1: Do you want to hear the story about the fat bear winner. Yeah, the story that's going to take your sadness away. The last time we talked about the fat bear contest up in Alaska, it had to be put on pause because well, one of the bears killed another bear.
Speaker 2: Well guess who won. Grazer the bear that killed the other bear, the murder bear.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 1: Grazer won her second fat Bear contest yesterday by defeating who by defeating the male bear that.
Speaker 2: Killed her cub. So the murder bear.
Speaker 1: Got defeated by the mom of the bear that he killed.
Speaker 2: What you weren't listening, You've got to pay attention. Sorry, Grazer coming out of that.
Speaker 1: Grazer won by defeating the male bear that killed her cub.
Speaker 2: Got it? Grazer beat it's a movie. Beat Chunk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Chunk is his name, the murderer, right. Grazer beat Chunk by more than forty thousand votes cast by fans.
Speaker 2: But here's the thing.
Speaker 3: Did people know that Grazer was the other of the bear the Chunk killed.
Speaker 2: I haven't gotten that far into it. I know it's shocking.
Speaker 3: Because there are people who watch Bear we Fat Bear Week with the anticipation and eager nature that you watched the giraffe.
Speaker 2: No, I was gonna.
Speaker 1: Say, but remember the giraffe. Remember what happened when she gave birth? Oh my god, that sealed the deal for me.
Speaker 3: What You've watched a natural childbirth and you thought that was giraffe birth.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's the I've never watched a natural I've never watched a childbirth.
Speaker 2: Wait, you've never that.
Speaker 1: Giraffe was the first birth I've.
Speaker 2: Seen are you I didn't know that? I feel horrified? We talk about that? What was it? What is there to talk about? Why would I you've never seen a human person.
Speaker 1: I've never seen human I've only seen a giraffe on the toys Arrest Camp. So Fat Bear Week, the voters pick the bear that they believe best exemplifies winter preparedness by the fat they've accumulated over the summer feeding on that delicious sakeye salmon, you know, they say salmon, so healthy for you that but that's all the bears eat, and they must eat a lot more salmon than we do.
Speaker 3: Their bodies process it a lot different than ours, is that right? Yeah, generally we don't get ready for hibernation.
Speaker 1: The bears sometimes why are you looking directly right at the bears often perched at the top of a falls in the river, grabbing, leaping salmon out of the air. Is the fish attempt to hurdle the waterfall to spawn upstream. They're simply trying to spawn. They're simply trying to get some some salmon tails to make the salmon babies, and then they just get killed by the bears. Well, this is where Grazer's cub died after it slipped over the waterfall and was killed by Chunk, perhaps the most dominant brown bear on the river. Grazer fought Chunk in an effort to save the cub, but it later died, so she went on to fight Chunk in another way by getting chunkier than Chunk.
Speaker 2: This isn't this is a movie. It is, and I don't mean like an animated movie.
Speaker 3: I mean if you could turn those bear characters into humans, that would be that's somebody needs to option.
Speaker 2: That whole script. That's a that's a big deal. Maybe sub storyline in the old Space Wars. I don't say there's.
Speaker 1: No bears in Space Wars. Don't be ridiculous, stupid me.
Speaker 7: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: This could be the October surprise, and we'll talk more about it coming up in swamp Watch these hurricanes.
Speaker 2: I mentioned it earlier.
Speaker 1: In the week, and already Kamala Harris is trying to capitalize on this surprise. Joe Biden, President Biden, talking today in from the White House about the hurricane and the response and to what is in mo What is in place, what is headed to the affected areas, and then hand it off the ball to Kamala Harris who was in another location, and she addressed the nation as well and talked about the hurricane. And I said to Gary, when it was happening earlier this hour, I said, this would never happen in real life. If there wasn't an election where the president talks about the hurricane response and then hands it off to the vice president for more hurricane response.
Speaker 2: Talk, it wouldn't happens.
Speaker 1: So definitely using that platform today as a campaign aid.
Speaker 3: So the Associated Press is out with the story also today and it falls in line with what we were talking about earlier about what we as voters deserve to hear from the candidates. And in the context of CBS changing and editing the answers for the sixty minutes interview that the vice president did, they this is I'm going to read you the paragraph, which is basically the pitch for the Associated Press. Is the media sane washing Donald Trump, numbed by the banality of crazy? Should TV networks show him more or less? How do you fact check him? Should you nearly a decade into this political Trump era less than a month before he stands for election for the third straight time. It's remarkable how much he continues to baffle the news media, whose job it is to cover him now as time gets short in an abbreviated campaign. This is the key, some experts suggest, returning to what conventional wisdom once said was unwise, giving people more of an unvarnished view of what he actually says.
Speaker 1: So that's been the narrative, right, and I have fallen prey to that because the narrative has been he's he's senile, he's unhinged, he's off his rocker, he's a rambler.
Speaker 2: It's bad. It's like Biden bad.
Speaker 1: And so I hadn't really paid attention to the interviews he has been doing.
Speaker 2: I kind of just bought into that.
Speaker 1: And then I hear the interview John did with him, and he sounds completely like I said, succinct and fine, fine and well informed and well informed in California issues at that and in conversational, in human and dialed in and John, I mean, you don't.
Speaker 2: Have to agree with him. Here's but this is not a senile person.
Speaker 3: Think about it. John's interview with me yesterday, not edited, that was live, right. I mean we can testify to that when you see something where if he does an interview with CBS or NBC, most likely it's going to be edited. I mean, the point of what the Joe Biden interview was with ABC over the summer, and why it was so hyped was because we were concerned about him and we wanted to see the unvarnished view, to use their word. So why isn't that more common now? I mean, clearly we have to worry about artificially intelligence generated artificial intelligence generated images, audio clips, et cetera. Give us the unvarnished truth so that we can make the decision about what we would keeping our heads in, what we would let go. Yeah, that'd be all right, Sony, that's.
Speaker 2: Get me exorcised.
Speaker 3: Hypersonic jet is Texas Aerospace Companies working on a hypersonic jet called the Star Gazer that would travel six times the speed of sound and reach much higher altitudes than the normal airliners, a thirty five hundred mile journey from say, New York to London.
Speaker 2: Aren't we going to play the thing? Which thing? Roger exercise?
Speaker 7: I want, Victor? I have had with these mucky pipe snakes on this money. It's Gary and Shannon's Terror in the Sky.
Speaker 3: And now the Stargazer would be about three times faster, they say than the Concord. NASA's upcoming plane has been nicknamed the Sun of Kong Cord. That's still slower than the Stargazer. Right now, there are about twenty one direct flights, they say, from New York City to London every day. This thirty three million dollar airliner would drastically improve travel for those who want to make it across the pond. The engine itself is the Venus Detonation Ramjet two thousand pound thrust engine. This is when Nil Savadro would say that that was his nickname in prison. A Stargazer would then take off using traditional jet engines and transition to the Ramjet once it gotten appropriate the altitude.
Speaker 2: Well, aren't you a trailblazer.
Speaker 1: The recent fad on board your flight is skincare in flight skincare routines.
Speaker 2: I'm a trailblazer. You're a trailblazer.
Speaker 1: Remember you had a face mask in twenty sixteen on your flight?
Speaker 2: Is that Cleveland to Phoenix? Yeah, you put that on my face.
Speaker 1: I know you needed a little hydration. Now people are using everything from serums to red light therapy, and it's smart.
Speaker 2: You guys.
Speaker 1: I started airplanes, Yeah, I started doing this and coming home from Chargers games on those flights, because you get really dry, and so what I started doing was just taking off all my makeup and just putting on like a really thick cream.
Speaker 2: And your skin is.
Speaker 1: So much better the next day, because if you don't do that, your skin.
Speaker 2: Is really parched, and you don't want parched skin. Do you use skincare at home? No? I have.
Speaker 1: Why are you looking at me like that? You could use a face lotion? Well you can, no, I mean you could use one. It's not you know, it's not feminine or anything. It's good for your skin. Just put it on in the morning and the night.
Speaker 2: That's a lot of morning and night. Do you wash your face or just in a shower? In a shower?
Speaker 1: Do you use the same soap on your face that you use on your body?
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh, I'll do it in a direct I do it in a particular order, just if you were concerned.
Speaker 2: No, but the next day you go in there and you use the soap.
Speaker 3: It's literally soap. I am not unusual and I'm not going to do this again.
Speaker 2: We're like twelve to fifteen. That's too much.
Speaker 3: No, No, that's the way people wash.
Speaker 1: You could use a facial cleanser and not the soap that you used to watch.
Speaker 2: But I can't say. I don't even have a pen to write it down. I just have to tell you during the break what you can do. Because here's the thing. You're putting all this stuff on. You do it on the plane.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, we know there's multiple times planes are a disgusting place.
Speaker 2: Right, No, I have like a face.
Speaker 1: Like a makeup remover wipes, sure, and so I just wiped the face and then put the lotion on.
Speaker 2: Okay. So you're not messing around with the seats.
Speaker 1: No touching anything except for my stuff, okay, which is also filthy.
Speaker 2: Probably another nightmare.
Speaker 3: Turkish Airlines flight flying from Seattle to Istanbul, Turkey had to make an in emergency landing at JFK early this morning. Why pilot died fifty nine year old pilot lost consciousness during the flight. After there were several unsuccessful attempts to revive him. That's got to be fun to watch if you're in first class. The decision was made to land at JFK after about eight hours in the air, which doesn't make sense because that means if they left Seattle, they were well past the east coast and then turned around and went back to JFK. The airline said that he had regular health examinations, did this pilot as they're supposed to, including one in March of this year, and then no problems were found. They said, you're still trying to figure out how to get everybody to Istanbul.
Speaker 2: What do you think about this dress today? She stole that from her grandma.
Speaker 1: The grandma's front room table are the is that grandma's place?
Speaker 2: Mats all put together?
Speaker 3: The cover on her Davenport. Oh, this is the way my grandma used to say.
Speaker 2: That's nice. You've been listening to the Gary and Shannon Show.
Speaker 3: You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app