Speaker 1: Something years ago.
Speaker 2: Something you should know is brought to you by Genesis gooldr dot com. That is also something you should know. You can put your retirement plan on the gold Standard. Learn more and get a free gold and Silver guide at Genesis gooldra dot com. Excited to visit right now with the president of Southeast Technical College. We've got President Klossman on the line. They've got an amazing program happening later today. We'll chat about that in a bit, but first, thank you for joining me today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you. It's a pleasure to be with you. I appreciate your time.
Speaker 2: So let's talk a little bit about this event STC students to present flags to local emergency responders. That's going to be today at eleven am. Do you know approximately how many flags are going to be presenting today?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we will be giving out flags to six different local agencies here in the Suppault area.
Speaker 2: I love that and there's a nice presentation of people have the ability to get there at eleven am to watch this. This would be a really nice thing to watch. And if you can't make it, I guarantee you of be able to see some images on social media as well. And what led up to this. Do you know what kind of led the students in the Southeast Tech to decide to do this today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it actually started as a project for our veterans where our welding and our collision repair students. We're originally creating one flag for a veterans program that we are going to sell as a fundraiser and then raffle off to somebody who won that. And it just turned out so well and it was such a great learning experience for our students that the idea kind of built from there. That wouldn't it be great if we did this for some of our other local agencies as well and gave it to them as a gift, just as the way to say thank you for everything that they do for the community.
Speaker 2: I love that that is such a neat thing. And again, Southeast Technical College and it's always fun because it's southeast, but it's on the northwest corner of Sioux Falls, yes, but in southeast South Dakota. If you'd like to get out there and be a part of the program, it is today at eleven am. And like I said, you'll also be seeing images on social media. And let's talk a little bit about Southeast Technical College. You guys have been around a while, haven't you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we were founded in nineteen sixty eight. We moved to our current location here on the northwest side back in the early nineteen nineties. So in three years we'll be celebrating our sixtieth anniversary here in the suit Falls area.
Speaker 2: I love that we used to have an office right next door to you guys. We were in the It was called the South Dakota Business Technology Center when we moved in, and then it was known as ZEAL for a little while.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: And again it was always wonderful and it was the beginning of every year. We'd have students come in there looking for classes and I would be like, Ah, this isn't quite the right building, but you have a wonderful campus and a lot of the students that are there are are people from this area, but they come from all over the place, don't they.
Speaker 1: They really do? You know, we have about eighty percent of our students come from South Dakota, a lot of them from the Suit Falls area. But we do have you know, with the other four technical colleges, we try not to have a lot of overlaps, so we do have some programs that are unique to us, some that are you know, then in multiple campuses across the state. So we do draw from you know, from Rapid City, from the Pier area, but then also from southwestern Minnesota and northwestern Iowa as well, just because we do have great programs, we do draw from all over the region as well. So we're you know, we're.
Speaker 2: Always glad to have them here, absolutely and help.
Speaker 1: That they stay in South Dakota.
Speaker 2: When I graduated, I was going to say, we can use the people here too in the workforce. So once you come here and you go to school at Southeast Technical College and you fall in love with the community, hopefully you'll stick around and you know, take one of the many jobs that are available in this community as well. So thank you for doing what you're doing to bring wonderful people to the community. And thank you again for what you're doing today. I think this is a really neat thing.
Speaker 1: I appreciate it and glad we can help get the word out. We would love to have people come to campus and help us celebrate today again.
Speaker 2: Today is today Southeast Technical College students presenting flags to local emergency responders. The event is today at eleven am. It's at the STC Collision Repair and Refinished Technology Lab at the Edwood Trade and In Industry Center. And I'll throw a link to all of the information because there's no way you're driving down the road. You're like, how am I going to remember that? Don't worry, I've got a link all the information at Facebook dot com slash Honey Radio and Facebook dot com slash suit Falls News and Something you Should Know. Something you Should Know is brought to you by Genesisgoldira dot com. Put your retirement plan on the gold standard. Get a free Gold and Silver guide now at genesisgoldra dot com