Speaker 1: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from KFI AM six fortyfi.
Speaker 2: Bill Handle Here. It is a Monday morning, June sixteenth, gonna be hot, hot outside. Summer is coming. I'm already in my summer uniform. Don't have my mandles on, so I have my sort of surgery boots. Still doing it thing. There's our training sheet. Thanks. Okay. Over the weekend, no surprise, they caught the guy who was suspected of shooting those two Democratic lawmakers and their spouses in their homes. And this happened in Minnesota, as you probably know, and he was caught charged with a couple of degrees of second degree murder and attempted murder, and it was a man hunt extraordinaire almost two days, involving more than one hundred officers. And what ended up happening is he opens fire on State Senator John Hoffman and his wife in the suburb Minneapolis where they lived, and then drove ten miles to another suburb and shot Representative Melissa Hartman, who was the former speaker of the Minnesota House and her husband. Those two were killed and the first two were not. They underwent surgery, and it looks like they're going to survive. And this gets really strange. He poses a police officer to gain entry to the homes of the lawmakers, and he's dressed in a police uniform. He's wearing a mask, latex mask. He has an suv outside with the lights flashing, which you can get, which is very weird. I don't know how they sell those, but they do. And gunshots were heard. A neighbor called the police show up and he actually he's leaving the house after having killed the two inside, and he gets into a shootout the police. They see him shootout and says no one is hit at that point, and he escapes out the back and they're looking for him for two days now. And it was about nine pm local time when the cops apprehended him, and it was I don't think there was much excitement there when they took him, and he'd been out there, and I was watching some interviews, and you know, they had various police officers retired and you know, detectives that sort of thing, and saw one of them say there's gonna he's gonna get caught. I mean, there's no way around this one, you know. I'll there's so many security commerce out there. We know who it is. He's gonna he is going to ping with a credit card. Something is going to happen. Now, what makes this so strange is there's no evidence of him making previous threats to politicians. There's no manifesto. The authorities believe the shootings were deliberated, they were targeted, they were political. In one of his cars they found his car, there was a roster of dozens of names, Democratic lawmakers, people supportive of abortion rights, liberal causes, uh they and there was evidence that he may have wanted to attack one of Saturday's protests because he had found They found out no Kings flyers, and as part of their investigation, officials spoke with his wife and family members. They had no idea this was happening. Matter of fact, his best friend, who he grew up and lived with part time, just he broke down and started crying. I mean, the guy started sobbing when he was interviewed. He just didn't understand at all. And to give you an idea of how strange he is, he was born again Christian. That's not strange. Sorry about that. He was a born again Christian and that was part of his and his entire philosophy and what he took on in addition to being basically crazy. He wanted to start a security firm, went to church every week, offer to help anyone complained about the Democrats, but not in the sense of threatening. The guy just was a conservative and didn't like Democrats. And he went to Africa for a couple of weeks, came back and was trying to set up a security business. And when he returned, and this is the one that is so interesting, he took a job extracting eyeballs from dead bodies for organ donation. Now, as a kid, right, I don't know what you ever asked. We were asked, so, what do you want to do when you grow up? Little girls want to be ballerinas, and kids want to be cowboys and police officers and or president of the United States. I have never heard of anybody any kid asked what do you want to do when you grow up? Say I'd like to extract eyeballs at funeral homes for Oregon donations. That's pretty impressive. It's just really strange. And then what he did is he sent a text message to his best friend Carlson and another friend, and this is what he said, I made some choices, and you guys don't know anything about this, but I'm going to be gone for a while, maybe dead shortly. So I just wanted to let you know I love you guys both, and I wish it hadn't gone that way. Clearly, he went completely squirrely, and the former speaker was just absolutely beloved, and the whole state, Tim Walls, the governor, just people were just we're really really upset because you have a retired speaker who was revered in the politics of that state. All right, we're done with that. Now. This is day four of the fight between Israel and Iran, and you have to call it a war, but it's only with missiles and drones at this point, no boots on the ground. There are no attacks with tanks or personnel carrier. It's strictly being done with aerial bombardment. Now, Iran doesn't have fighter planes, doesn't have bombers. What they have are drones and missiles. That's what they have. Israel has drones and missiles and also has a very robust anti missile defense system, and it's being helped by America and other allies. They have come to the aid of Israel In attempting to intercept and have done a good job of the missiles coming in. Some have gotten through because as the Israeli say, in all the military experts, nothing is one hundred percent to what Iran does. Is sends so many. The attempt is to overwhelm the defenses, and it works because you have a fair number that now are going through. But no one's coming to Iran's aid to shoot down the Israeli missiles just not happening. So what is going on, Well, this is all about what Netanyao who has said that the Iran was so close to having enough fissionable material, enough uranium that has been purified for weapons grade bombs, And it's all about purifying uranium. You need a very low level of purification to run power plants, nuclear power plants, and Iran is saying that's that's all we do. It's about nuclear power plants our own. Well, that's not true. They are creating fissionable material. They are purifying this erneum and bringing it up to weapons grade, and you need that in order to create the toomic bomb. According to Israeli intelligency, we're days away from hitting that mark and Israel has said over and over again that Iran having the bomb is basically the death knell of Israel. Iran has said that it's one of the most important things about Iran, the government, the moo laws who run it, is the destruction of Israel. That's it. That's what they want. It's that simple, and they're going balls to the wall to get the ability to do exactly that. So to Israel, it's an existential threat. And so they said over and over we cannot let Iran have the bomb. We just can't. Now what's going on with the rest of the world. A lot of lips service nailing Israel from all the Arab countries, but you noticed they're not coming to Iranian's aid. It's just not happening. Why because the Arab countries, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, the Emirates for the most part of Iraq, are are frightened more of Iran than they are of Israel, for sure. And so the centrifuge is the most important part of creating the weapons grade uranium is the centrifuges. And there's a little technical wonky stuff and that it's a purification process and you need a centrifuge. And you need a centrifuge, and you need a centrifuge, you need hundreds thousands of them spinning twenty four to seven in order to bring the plutonium to the uranium up to a weapons grade purity. Those can't be gotten to without the bunker busters, these massive bombs that are created to go deep into the ground and then explode with extraordinary power. Those are the only way that the centrifuges are going to be put out of commission. And Iran made it really simple, just put them deep enough underground they can't be touched. And the general consensus now is they weren't touched, and they're not being touched by the attacks that are happening right now from Israel. So and those weapons do exist, So what's going on? Why doesn't Israel have them? And two reasons. The only people in the world that have those that we think Russia may, but the only ones we know are the Americans. We're the ones that create those. And the second part of that is we're the only ones that can deliver it now sending arms to Israel, which we're doing still doing across the board, moving aircraft, munitions, personnel, carriers tanks. That is a given. They've never gotten that bunker buster bomb. Never the United States has withheld that. And the only way that those bunker busters can be introduced into the fight is not only the United States making the decision to move them over there, but the only way they can be delivered. There's two aircraft that can deliver be fifty twos, which no one really uses or I don't think they would use. And the other one is the B two stealth bomber that can deliver that bomb. And the only way that that is going to be used in Iran, the United States has to get involved. It will be the United States unleashing that bomb. And now we're talking about something that President Trump does not want to do, and that has had the United States involved in the fight. As far as supplying material to Israel, that's sort of a given because Israel is our ally, our strongest ally in that entire region and has been, and it's the only democracy, and it's something very very close. The United States was the first country to recognize Israel as a matter of fact on May fifteenth, when David Bengurion announced the creation of the State of Israel. Literally in that room that night. As he announced it, a note was handed to him in which he announced, the United States has recognized the sovereign state of Israel. That's how close Israel has been to this country. Is it going to happen? Is the bunker busters are going to happen? I don't think anytime soon, because the President is pretty adamant about not getting involved. He does not want to do that. Okay, so much for that. Moving on. Moving on, Homelessness in Los Angeles, particularly southern California, as you know, is completely crazy. I think we are the center of homelessness and the problem in the United States a couple of reasons. First of all, it's California. Second of all, the weather is pretty good. I don't know how many homeless people are for example, in Buffalo, New York during the winter, it's not very pleasant. So here we are homeless. And the program, and I've said this many times, and that is the problem is so overwhelming that it would take so much money in order to really make a dent. And so a lot of money is being thrown at this from the state and the city in the billions of dollars, and it's really not working. No surprise, there were settlements reached in the city with for example, the La Alliance for Human Rights sued on behalf of the homeless people, and by twenty twenty two there should have been twenty thousand new housing solution for homeless people and removing under ten thousand dollars encampments from the streets, and it didn't happen. Now, the judge overseeing this whenever there is a lawsuit filed, and it's a federal judge who is overseeing this and has forever. He was there walking along, for example, the Santa Anna River and walk with Todd Spitzer and looked at the encampments literally in Santa Anna along the river and ruled on that. What the judge is doing is by tomorrow, there's a hearing tomorrow in which he decides if he's going to take away the entire homeless program in the city of Los Angeles handed over to a receiver. Let's it turn it over to a person who's going to run the whole thing, where the city will have absolutely no say in dealing with the homeless problem. We'll still fund it still has to be money paid, but it just won't run it at all. So written briefs have to be filed by tomorrow. And this is a lawsuit that is brought together by a group of business owners, property owners, residents, and they're asking to appoint the receiver over the one billion dollars the city alone spends addressing homelessness every year, and so the city has to defend. So does the city bring in the city attorneys because they have handled the case five years old. City hires a Gibson Dunn, one of the premier law firms in the United States. Lawyers go for one thousand dollars an hour, I might add, if not more. And this is the firm that are you in the Supreme Court. I remember the City of Grant's past case in which Supreme Court reopened the door to arresting homeless people for illegal camping. That was illegal and that was it was. They turned it around and made it legal to do that. I think it was Oregon. Grand's passed an Oregon Yes it is. And what happened is at the previous hearing that just happened and the judge said, by Tuesday, I want final arguments. There was a seven day hearing and on day three there were four hundred and forty objections in one day that the judge overruled and said uh uh. And it has been in the hundreds over seven days of objections, and it is I mean, they have to decide some really narrow stuff. What does encampments actually mean? Ye? Is it people that have tents? Is it people that have, for example, cardboard boxes, are those encampments? Is it people that are there temporarily there? It goes on and on to decide that the minutia, and they're going into that. And if I had to guess, is the judge going to hand it over a receiver. Yes, And a receiver is going to be an independent overseer of the program, not political, just someone who has the expertise, the management expertise to do this. And Judge Carter may already have someone in mind. I'm sure he does, and will be paid a good chunk of money to do it. And we'll run the homeless program in the city of Los Angeles. But you were done because the city for years and years has failed miserably in dealing with it. Even though Karen Back is talking about a huge success that she's had, no, not really, not for a billion dollars worth all right. There is obviously an accusation going on that the Border Patrol is conducting roving patrols and detaining not only illegal migrants, but people here are illegally, even US citizens. And there's a story in the LA Time about a guy named Brian Gavidia who was working on a car at a towyard in La arm Mass. Men Border patrol walk in there, actually rush him up against put him up against metalgate and demand know where he was born. He's Hispanic, and he said, I'm American, Bro, And a video was taken by a friend. The agent barked, what hospital were you born in? He goes, I don't know, dog East La Bro, I can show you I have my being real id of course, you know, using the actual you know, exploitive and this has been happening across southern California. Now I can't prove I'm a citizen. Who the hell keeps a passport or a birth certificate with them? But I know at hospital I was born. Uh? And the problem was is in Brazil. So uh, now what do I do? Well, what they're doing is stopping Hispanics to the point where contractor, I know, restaurant owners, I talked to them. I talked to businesses. Uh, they were losing half their people. They were so frightened they couldn't come in. I live in a gated community where a mile away is a dump where you have these trash trucks that and people drop off. Oh you mean a literal dump. Literal No, no, it wasn't you just being snobby? No no, no outside of my gated community. No no, no, it was a dump. No, no suburbia you jack. Yes. Yeah. So anyway, there were and these trucks go where construction crews come and they you know, pick up trucks and big trucks to drop off stuff at the dump. So there's a major street about a quarter mile leading to that dump area about a mile maybe a mile and a half from me. The other day there were the ice trucks lined up with the you know, the lights going on and stopping people who've looked hispanic going to the dump. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, with trucks, why would that be a place where you'd expect to find because they're coming from construction sites.
Speaker 2: Loading loading all this detrius from construction sites, you know, wood and extra cement detrius. That viterius that is a great word. So anyway, the Border Patrol says, no, that's absolutely not true. Department of Homeland Security, he says, Nope, that's absolutely not true. We are not stopping people, and the only ones we're arresting are criminals, and the ones that we're really getting aggressive with are those that are resisting arrest and resisting our questioning. So it's just does it just doesn't happen. In the meantime, the President had to pull back on the agriculture industry because they were just decimating that industry, picking it up the construction business, hospitality, Well, Neil, you've talked to restaurant owners. Oh yeah, how badly are they getting nailed?
Speaker 1: But it's interesting in certain in certain parts you've got I had a friend tell me that going to tie restaurants this weekend that some of them were closed because they said, we don't have the staff, the kitchen staff anymore. Yeah, in a Thai restaurant. So it that's why the whole thing about the civil side of things, should you know, that's a different subject from the criminal side of things, which are people that have been deported and then have come back, or people that have committed to God. But they're going after, they're sweeping. Originally it was for the criminals and now but they're just sweeping across the board and picking up and questioning anybody who looks hispanic. And it sounds like there's quotas though, because you earlier you were talking about how they're trying to do three thousand a day.
Speaker 2: Steve Miller, Yes, Steven Miller, that's quotas. Yep. Stephen Miller said, we want to we want three thousand arrests a day.
Speaker 1: So it's like a fishnet basically, yeah, pretty much direct.
Speaker 2: And what ended up happening is the president had to pull back. Why is that, Well, you have big players in the construction industry. We're talking about big, big players, and also in agriculture you know, CEOs, et cetera, and massive agriculture, not little tiny farms. It's big business. All came to him and said manufacturing all came to him and said, we're going to go out of business. You're killing our business. You are wiping out our companies just.
Speaker 1: Because everything has been woven into the fabric of places like Los Angeles.
Speaker 2: Right, And he has come back and what he has said is he is now a hero by pulling back. It's you know, what's up is up? So anyway is that stopping? Yeah? As of right now, the policy, the policy is that when it comes to hospitality, they're not going to go in. When it comes to agriculture, they're not going to come in, when it comes to construction, the government is not going to come in and grab people just because they're Hispanic. And I want to point something out right now, Neil Savedra, it's a Hispanic name, is not a citizen.
Speaker 1: If you are listening, Ah, Bill, I had a tortilla this morning. I'm planning on having tacos later and maybe going out to Chemirillo. Okay, so I wouldn't worry about me, Bud, all right, we're coming back.
Speaker 2: I get hobby boo, I get a lot of go back where you came from. You should, I know, go back to Brazil. Would you like to see my US passport and your Brazilian passport, you trader? Yeah, yeah, yep. And I'm getting my Polish passport because my dad. Okay, KF, I am six forty. You've been listening to the Bill Handle show. Catch my show Monday through Friday, six am to nine am and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app,