Speaker 1: You're listening to Everything out There with your host Steve Stockton.
Speaker 2: Hello friends, I'll where the trees stand.
Speaker 3: All they say, while men row men shadows all day.
Speaker 4: Whispers of the wilderness, untained, legends of the night, borne, unframed, lurking in the midst under moonlight.
Speaker 5: Faces a fury, hearts of light, rustling leaf recorder dance.
Speaker 6: On every step, echoes lost romance.
Speaker 2: Women in the wood.
Speaker 7: They how.
Speaker 8: Nature secrets in their ground stories. Passing voici tells in god.
Speaker 9: Darkness their spirit prevails. Old folks say the weather their glance eyes that pieristic trends.
Speaker 2: Voices carry ancient.
Speaker 6: Lord rolled the spine to the core. So the foliage wild and green.
Speaker 10: Really in the daylight scene, they're the guardians of the night, echoing through the forest life.
Speaker 2: Women in the wood they how nature secrets in their ground stories.
Speaker 8: Costumes on the side tells in the darkness.
Speaker 2: Their spear it previds.
Speaker 11: Hello, Hello, everybody, Welcome back, everything out there. Steve Stocking with you here on the Clyde Lewis Round zero Radio network. That was the name of that song, Whispers of the Wilderness by blues Mavon Chantou's Rusty Lily White thinking about wild men in the woods, and that's what we're going to be talking about tonight. Joining me once again is ghost lore Caathita cat Gray herself. We're going to be talking about reports of wild men. I've got something from all over, but they seem to be prevalent in the Southern United States, especially in the Apple that's just the region. But let's bring Catheda on in here and see what she has to say to you. Think, how are you doing? And I Ghost good to have.
Speaker 1: You with us, pretty good, glad to be back. How are you doing good?
Speaker 11: Been been busy with the baby all day?
Speaker 1: Oh? Nothing better though.
Speaker 11: Yeah, And I wouldn't try the experience for anything.
Speaker 1: Absolutely not.
Speaker 11: So nice. You know that we're both here with him all the time, and I would hate that if I had to leave and go to work and stuff like that and leave Mama here. And because it takes four hands sometimes and sometimes that's not even enough, he's a handful, but he's he's getting there. He's good, just a few days over two months old and holding his head up good. And he'll show you his tongue if you ask him. And uh, he laughs and he says hi. The night of the show and Henry Nelson came in and I said, hey, Henry Nelson, and I was holding holding in my lap and he's like hi, So he said, Henry Nelson too. He's going to be a show host like his dad, a narrator, storyteller.
Speaker 1: Well, I started saying, he is a Stockton so yeah.
Speaker 11: Yeah, and uh, people are trying to get me, you know, because I read to him my makeup stories and tell them and stuff. People trying to get me to start a channel of bedtime stories, and I may do that. I'm thinking about it, so we'll see. I may just make it a feature on Insomniac Radio Theater. I just played music over there, but radio theater that you know, that could include stories. So I already tell stories over on Tales Untold. But I've got some stories over there that you probably wouldn't want your kids to listen to when they're going to bed. It's assist fiction, you know. I got stuff about dog men and feral people and all that kind of stuff, so probably it wouldn't be a good.
Speaker 1: Fit listener discretion ad past.
Speaker 11: Yeah, so what's going on with you there?
Speaker 1: I'm straightening out that audio. I've been working on for that one little video. I got tony irons in the fire. I'm trying to do other videos stuft the same time. I got flustered at that one because my equipment wasn't up to par exactly. But I sorted that stuff out and just about finished with that audio that I had you do. Uh, lay it back down and put some transitions and stuff in the video and wrap that up.
Speaker 11: Look forward to You had a good start there for me too, Me too, waiting for your next effort.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've got a few loaded up ready, almost ready to go, but right behind that so good deal.
Speaker 11: I can't tonight. I thought we'd talked about wild men in the woods, wild men particularly in North America, But like I said, some of them are a majority of them seem to be in the South, but not all of them. But I found several examples here doing research, and.
Speaker 1: It's mostly wild men instead of like wild man that we may touch.
Speaker 11: On that they're singular there there it's a wild man, but there's yeah men. Does that that makes sense? There's more than you know the place. Necessarily.
Speaker 1: Wild man is not feral, but just not crypted, let's say, not crypted exactly it's.
Speaker 11: Hard to tell. There's a lot of overlap, there a lot of gray areas and stuff. But uh, if you go back, I've got a one account that lets me go back and look at the old newspapers and stuff background.
Speaker 1: Oh I love doing that and finding strange stories and stuff.
Speaker 11: There's there's all there's stuff back there that've just kind of been forgotten about it and that you don't hear about anymore. And there's lots of historical counts of wild men, and in North America they're all numerous and varied, and they appear to not only in the local papers, but in the folklore in these areas too. They're usually described as large, hairy humanoids inhabiting the wilderness and such. They share similarities with creatures like bigfoot of sasquatch, but I don't think they're mutually exclusive to each other. Every wild man is not a big foot, and every bigfoot is not a wild man per se.
Speaker 1: And to me, a wild man is more of a person, less of a crypti in or wild man, let's say, and wild man I see wild men two words. Is you know, more people, not cryptids in For me, wild wild man is like one word and more of sabbe or sasquatch related. That's my understanding.
Speaker 11: Yeah, And like I said, there are some that there's a guy on YouTube South Forest ten. He claims that they're they're feral, but that they're bigfoot human hybrids, and he claims that that that's what happened to Dennis Martin, that they took him and he also cleansed them back in the thirties before it was a national park, that the government hired some of his family to go in there and then these things out. And that's the containment theory that you've heard on belief Ale, where some of these national parks are put there to keep things in there. You know, they're not just for places people enjoy and visit, but they keep stuff from this case escaping rather and rinking havoc. On the general rural and I guess urban populations.
Speaker 1: I did read a little bit on like I think it's the Appalachi Trail. There's people that live up there. They're not necessarily feral, but people would suspect that they were because you know, they're frightened all of a sudden because they see some hairy hill billy. I guess you could say in the woods and they don't know what to do, and they think it's possibly a feral person. They're just mountain folk, hillbilly or rural you know. I mean, they don't think it's like living off the grid, you know.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So, but some of those folks prop would be probably being labeled as wild men a times now.
Speaker 11: I was on Star Fox Radio on his show over there a couple of nights ago, and we were talking about dog Man and stuff, and he found some evidence where some of those stories, not only dog Man, the sasquatch and some of these cryptids, big cats and things like that, in some areas, moonshiners had helped propagate those stories to keep people away from their moonshine. So I don't know, there's a hairy giant that'll get you, there's a dog that walks on the tin legs that'll tear you up, or even you know, a big bear or something like that. One of my relatives had a still and he made up a story about a rabid dog. And course, you know, you think about that, A rabbit dog not going to live that long. So I don't know if he had a new rabbit dog, he had an old bushel basket rigged up with a rope, had a white sheet tied over it, and anybody got too close, he'd pull that and they'd think it was a rabid dog. Also heard stories over Ventrice County about a headless woman that was seen around. But again, this guy was a moonshine. He swears up and down though that. Uh, he saw it not only once but twice that he and his friend they were walking back out of the woods where they had their moonshine still, and they sat down on a log to rest, and he kind of looked over at his friend. He said he'd gone white and his eyes were big, and he looked turned around to see what he was looking at. There sitting on the other end of the log next to him was a woman with no head. So they got up and ran out of there. And there's still some small they were sapling trees at that time, but they bent them over running through the woods and they're still growing.
Speaker 1: Roads were straightened out, too.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, just there with.
Speaker 11: A guy named Spade Hicks. He's a legend over there as a storyteller. They've made videos and books and things that he's in that he's a friend of my dad's and he told that for the gospel truth. And and then another night he was upstairs. He lived with his mother, and he was upstairs and I heard somebody coming up the stairs. He thought it was his mother. So the light coming up the stairs, she thought it was her with an oil lamp or a candle. He looked up and it was the same headless woman. So he jumped over the covers, covered his head up and started praying and stuff. Then when he picked out, it was gone. So and he's like, I was stone sober that time. Now, the other time he did that, they had been sampling the mash. But that time he said that I hadn't had a thing to drink. So who knows.
Speaker 1: In an unrelated little footnote side note, Moonshiner's you know their their county's finest in hot pursuit after them is what led to NASCAR. They would soup up the motors to out run the law and had fun doing it.
Speaker 11: Yeah, well that's how the started. Some of those old older Junior Johnson, some of those guys, they were like thunder Road with Robert Mincham and all that. They ran Moonshine and those souped of cars and then they decided, Hey, let's take them out to the track and see what they could do at a quarter mile oval. And they go or may not be maybe more than a quarter mile. I don't know. I used I went to the races one time in East Tennessee. Went to Atomic Speedway and loud. It was very very loud and very very dirty. A friend that I went with, he said, wears something that you don't mind running and I thought, ah, surely not. This was back in the eighties. I wore my acid washed jeans and other stuff, and I was filthy when I came out there.
Speaker 1: There's little bits of debris, it flies through the fence, rocks.
Speaker 11: And rocks, oil and stuff. I was absolutely I had to throw those jeans.
Speaker 1: Away and it was I think I was in Bristol.
Speaker 11: Yeah. Now I've heard that with the big NASCAR runs that they're even louder. Into mine called me for one time. He's like, guess where I am? And all I heard was this noise, and he said, I'm at Bristol.
Speaker 1: Every time a car would go by, zoom zoom, the it's like concrete stadium or something outdoors. Everything would vibrate and my chest would vibrate. I mean it was very loud. It was almost scary loud. You just want to get away from that.
Speaker 11: Yeah, like that. Yeah, my favorite party, going to the local. They had drag races too, and uh I.
Speaker 1: Liked the I've been a couple of those.
Speaker 11: The what do you call it? The demolition derby, Now that was fun. They also had a backwards car race that was a lot of fun. Some of those blew their engine caught on fire.
Speaker 1: I've into one or two monster truck.
Speaker 11: Bigfoot. I ever heard of one called Bigfoot mm hmm. Somewhere in North Carolina close to the coast over there. I took a ride in that. They had a place there where you can buy t shirts and merchandise are huge and they had to have a ladder to get up in there.
Speaker 1: You've probably heard the one how Gravedigger did I believe?
Speaker 11: I think What did I say? Did I say?
Speaker 1: Which?
Speaker 11: I think grave Digger was the one I wrote in I don't remember who I said anyway, but yeah, grave Digger was the one.
Speaker 1: What did you say?
Speaker 11: I don't know, I can't.
Speaker 1: My daughter says the same thing. Mom, I just told you. I'm like, okay, I'm getting old. Hunted. You just said it.
Speaker 11: But I'm sixty one, so there you go. But a grave digger.
Speaker 1: Was plus a bunch.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I'm thirty one with thirty years.
Speaker 1: And holding the.
Speaker 11: Great Gravedigger was the one. Well, anyway, we've got we've gotten off of me and you both drove a blank ran now in the weeds here. But let's get back to these wild men.
Speaker 1: Well, we have so much on our minds.
Speaker 11: We kind of got off into the stuff in the woods and the moonshiners, and then from there the NASCAR and anyway. But there was one particular account that I found here that just it's I can't picture this. They called it the wild Man of the Woods, and it's in the late eighteen hundreds, reports emerged from Caldwell County, North Carolina of a giant with a funnel shaped head. Now there's I found an illustration, but I don't see nothing that looks like a funnel. I don't know what they're talking. Funnel shaped head.
Speaker 1: I'm assuming that means cone shaped.
Speaker 11: Cone shaped or inverted funnelers, I don't know, and had the long, dark hair covered his body. Miners claimed to have seen this figure pounding his chest before disappearing into the woods, and there's a picture of it here, but it's I guess it's kind of maybe a big foot that didn't supposedly also a wow man who knows there's some overlap there, but a funnel shaped head and the drawing to the companies that doesn't. I don't see anything that looks like a funnel. I don't.
Speaker 1: Now there is reports and supposed photo evidence of where they have like a cone shaped head and their head is like if we're talking about, you know, bigfoot, the heads like forward set and almost down on like the shoulders, shoulder area, like no neck, but they have a coed head.
Speaker 11: The big foot that I saw in Sasquatch whatever it was in Saint Helens, Oregon, it was like that it didn't it's had just kind of sat on its shoulders there didn't have any discernible neck or anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's one picture I saw that really blew my mind. I thought it's very bizarre, and I thought, there's no way possible. You know that that is a suit that's not a person.
Speaker 11: Well that's what I thought. I thought of somebody like wearing a fur coat. But it was wet, but it wasn't raining or anything. It looked like it was shiny. The fur was shiny, and it was walking this big, wild, swinging gate and I thought, I'm going to go out there and take a look at that. I was down in my driveway and there's about a block or so from the main street there. Now, this was in a semi rural area, and I saw it under the street light there, and I watched it across the street and walked in front of stop sign, and I'm going to go up there and take a look at that. And I heard my granny's voice in my head saying, what you better do is get your butt in the house and don't go don't.
Speaker 1: Go messing around. Yeah, well, I'll re reiterate what I said. They're not. They may be a people, but it didn't look like a person as we know, would recognize each other as a person, you know, even if they're people. There were being eight people, so, but they look very different than your typical strictly homo sapien human.
Speaker 11: I went up there the next day where I saw it walking front of the stop sign. Now it would have been on the sidewalk or I think it's out in the road. But I watched it walk in front of the stop sign. I went up there. The stop sign was a lot higher up on the post than I thought it was. I went back to the house and got a tape measure. That thing would have had to been about eight or nine feet tall.
Speaker 1: This is the middle of.
Speaker 11: The stop side.
Speaker 1: This isn't when you were at the bus stop and you runt front of the car.
Speaker 11: No, that story on Portland that was some sort of humanoid look or whatever they call it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I remember that one.
Speaker 11: This was in Saint Helens Organ Halloween Town. Have you ever seen those Disney movies. That's where it was shot and filmed, and the whole town takes over for the month of October. They really have Halloween. If there in the Marnie from the movie is Halloween Town? Movies? Is the Grand Marshall, the Halloween Parade. It's a big to do in Saint Helen's.
Speaker 1: Well. As you know, a lot of people call me cat, so I figured i'd throw this one out there. Legend of the wampus Cat.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The wampus cat is a creature deeply embedded in a pleatic folklore, often portrayed as a half woman and half cat entity. It's said to stop the woods at nights, seeking vengeance or wondering lost. Various accounts describe it is emitting a haunting scream that echoes through the mountains. Legend says as a cautionary tale, warning against straying too far from safety and the consequences of crossing boundaries. So don't stray too far from home. Cat might get you. Half cat, half woman.
Speaker 11: And it's got that walks on forward, and it has two more can claw you with or something like that. I covered it in the video one time, the Legends of the Appalachian Trail. But I found another one here. This is This sounds like somebody that went fair. Uh, Thomas Foley. This one even has a name. In eighteen seventy one, a wild man that's in quotes was captured near Morgantown, West Virginia. He is described as being covered in rags and resembling a gorilla. He claimed his name was Thomas Foley, an irishman who had fled to the wilderness. After being captured and clothed, he escaped back into the mountains and that that's all I can find out about him. Slick, whatn't maybe he just wanted to let's see if this I found something. This is I don't know where this is from. I found a newspaper article.
Speaker 1: I've got a similar Okay, you may be wild man.
Speaker 11: After desperate fight, Warden Finton captured a wild man single handed in the timber near Empworth Park at nine o'clock this morning. A skirmish in the brush between the unknown and the warden resulted in the overpower of the former. He is now in the County jail. A little before nine o'clock, al Blair telephoned the warden that a wildman was hiding under the Union Pacific Bridge west of the prison. The man had left his hiding but was tracked into the timber in a pile of brush. The warden discovered this man. As the warden appeared, the wild man made a lunge with a long club. Warden Fenton pulled his gun and ordered the manda surrender. A search of the pockets indicate the wil's man name was Mont, His hair was tazzled, his shirt was torn, and as general appearance was that of a wildman. He made no statement and put up a vigorous resistance. He was first taken to the asylum. It was stated that he had been an inmate there, but was released some four months ago. The warden brought the man to town and turned him over to Sheriff Hires. He is believed to be the man having entered a home in Omaha and threatened a woman and her children by pulling a gun on them. He is said to be a dope fate. Quote. The man is crazy and dangerous end quote, said the warden after his experience of the early morning. Mont is about thirty years old. And I see that doesn't That doesn't sound like my idea of a while man. That's just some crazy person in the woods. Of course, who's to say, yeah, you got another one there?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I could find my notes here. It was one kind of about propaganda I had told you about. I'll just skip it for now, but yeah, I do have another one here. Okay, Now there's some you know in Tennessee too. I wanted to talk about. Let's see if I can find one of those. If I can, you were talking about the one in Kentucky, I believe nineteen hundred, Okay, the wild Man of the Woods. In the early nineteen hundreds, a man was said to inhabit the forest of Kentucky, with reports of a large hairy figure stealing livestock and invading capture. So that may be the very one that they were after, one.
Speaker 11: In North Carolina and one in West Virginia. So there, now it's Kentucky, and I think I saw that one somewhere about him.
Speaker 1: There's the hairy Man of the Appalachia Trail. Hikers along the Appalachian Trail have often shared tales of encounters with wild man like With a wild man like figure descriptions very, but many recount a large hairy creature watching them from a distance or making strange noises that night. One hiker describes seeing hulking, lurking shadows dart between the trees, causing a sense of dread. These stories high out they allure and fear of the wilderness, suggesting that nature still holds many secrets.
Speaker 11: Found another one here Bennington, Vermont. The wild Man that's not too far from where I'm at. In the spring of eighteen sixty seven, a wild man was repeatedly cited around Bennington, Vermont. He was said to lurk in the forest during the day and roam at night, often following women and peeking into their windows. I don't know, that must just be a peeping tom. But some of these, I mean, they're just so scant information on it. Don't really know. It's just a little blurb in the paper there and go ahead, you got another one.
Speaker 1: Yeah you. I don't hear this too much, but I have heard of it. I guarantee you. Of the moon eight people, oh yeah, I.
Speaker 11: Talked to I've had in one of my Appalachian Trail videos. The Yeah, what do you got about them?
Speaker 1: Cherokee folklore speaks of the Moonlight people, described as small pillbeings with large eyes that could see in the dark. According to legend, they lived in caves and where and were sorry known to be shy, avoiding contact with humans. The story suggests a deep connection between the land and its original inhabitants, reflecting themes of coexistence in the supernatural presence believed to inhabit the mountains.
Speaker 11: Interesting, Yeah, I covered that briefly. There's a there's a museum somewhere there that's got a statue. It looks like a couple of them, And there's I think they lived in caves. There's something not have to go back and watch that video. Nicole did a bunch of research on it for that video that I made, but our in storing stuff.
Speaker 1: Every time I do read.
Speaker 11: That we came out at night or something like that.
Speaker 1: Every time I do see that title, though I don't know why, it just makes me recall the story of those kids. The I think it's a boy and a girl, brother and sister. Were they? I used to get the color wrong. They were blue? Blue people or green people?
Speaker 11: Where was this aunt?
Speaker 1: I wanna say Tennessee or Virginia.
Speaker 11: That's sparkling remember the story?
Speaker 1: Yeah, uh, they were. I think one maybe passed and they didn't speak an English language.
Speaker 11: Was that the green children of wolfut and from the UK?
Speaker 1: I thought they were in the States. Maybe they we're some blue I don't know.
Speaker 11: There may be some here too. We'll have to research those as well, of people of different colored strange pigment skin green blue.
Speaker 1: I don't remember what state it was in, but I think I always assumed that it's like maybe some weird vitamin deficiency. I know that they was.
Speaker 11: There used to be a picture of a guy that was as blue as a smurf, and he'd overdone it with a coloidial silver and it turned him blue. That was the story anyway, And find that picture on the internet.
Speaker 1: Is that what was in the death clocks? Now? That was probably mercury. There's some clocks that were called the death clocks, the really ornate, intricate, beautiful clocks. I think the poem show that was on television Pound Stars, I think they have one in the shop. But I believe it's like mercury poisoning or something. The traders of them and some of.
Speaker 11: The older clocks with the glow in the dark hands had not uranium or the ranium, some geranium or something I don't know, that blow in the dark, and the women would lick the paint brush that would pain numbers and the hands. Is that they ended up a lot of weird diseases and cancers and stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like radiation. And yeah, there their.
Speaker 11: Face when I was a kid. You can get in the dark and look at it under magnifying glass and you can see those little things moving around on there.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean if anybody can remember just seeing the little strips of the little glow in the dark things on the clocks or even on your watch, I mean, yeah, they were They didn't want the paint to get dry. So yeah, they would put it in their mouth and they thought it was safe. Oh no, it was. It was very bad.
Speaker 11: Well, that was like Okris National Laboratory where my dad worked. They had a guy that he knew in a room dipping with a scoop, and it just so happened that this guy didn't react to him. Because you could hold up barrillium in the palm of your hand, you could go in a room and blow it and great enough dust to kill everybody in the room. But this guy, they had him are dipping it with a scoop and didn't have a breathing apparatus or anything on. But just he was one of the fortunate people that it didn't affect. There's all kinds of stuff like that. My dad talked about when they used a lot of mercury out there for stuff that they're working on, talk about sometimes they would they would leak, and he said he's waited in mercury up over his shoe tops before, but that wasn't what got him. He left to be almost eighty two years old.
Speaker 1: Do you have us We're here in my notes from let's see what's my source here? ABC? News oh See February twenty second, twelve. Benjamin Benji Stacey so frightened maternity doctors with the color of his skin. It was described as blue as Lake Louise. He was rushed just hours after his birth in nineteen seventy five. February twenty second, twenty twelve was the report. They touched back up on it later. Hours after his birth in nineteen seventy five, he was rushed through the University of Kentucky Medical Center as a transfusion was being ready. The baby's grandmother suggested the doctors that he looked like the blue futured blue fugitives of Troublesome Creek. Relatives described the boy his grandmother blew all over and the bluest woman I'd ever saw.
Speaker 11: Strange.
Speaker 1: It's got to do with genetics. In this case, an entire family from isolated Apple that was tinged blue. Their ancestral line began six generations earlier with a French orphan, Martin Fugut, who settled in eastern Kentucky. Doctors don't see much of their rare blood is word today because Mountain people have dispersed and the family gene pool is much more diverse. That explains that.
Speaker 11: I was just going to search here on blue skinned people. Yeah, I talked about the Blue few Gates of Kentucky.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 11: This is caused position called themo global anemia, which bloody carried the hochgen giving the skin of blue tins. The condition was caused by a combination of genetic factors and inbreeding within the isolated community. While not harmful in itself, themo global globalemia can cause other health issues if the level and the blood is too high. In the case of the Blue Fewgates, the doctor in the nineteen sixties was able to treat their condition with methylne blue, which helped to restore their skin color to a normal tone. Sound like you just painted them. While there are other fictional portrayals of blue skinned people, such as the Nova Avatar, the Novits are in Avatar, the blue Fugates are the most well known in real life example. And you know in the Hindu religion or some of those Indian religions, some of those deities up here as blue skinned.
Speaker 1: I found that big one word myth. Maybe I had it in my head. I swear did methema me and mia is a disorder abnormal amount of the thema Goblin globlin the form of hemo Goblin. Yeah. Now for the Blue People of Troublesome Creek. Now, that was published in eighty two, nineteen eighty two by the un City of Danas, and the skin is almost purple.
Speaker 11: If everybody wants to read farther about that. There's a site called the Collector all one word the collector dot com that has an article about the Blue few Gates, Kentucky's written by Madison Whipple, who has a BA in history of the Spanish minor. It says here, uh, it goes into the origin of the family and interesting stuff. Yeah, we're just all over the place here. Let's see, let's go back in. Oh, that's my place here in my wow Man research. I had another let's see. Actually I've got several more.
Speaker 1: But yeah, we have a lot.
Speaker 11: This one. I'd covered this and no, that's a different one. The Wildman in the Genesee River Valley in New York. Back in the eighteen thirties and eighteen forties, excuse me, newspapers in Western New York were filled with stories about a wildman roaming the Genesee River Valley. The figure was often described as incredibly tall and strong, with glowing eyes, and was saggerated farms and terrified locals. Some folks believe he was a hermit driven mad by isolation, while others whispered he was something more inhuman. So again, that glowing eyes, I mean, that's not a human thing. People don't have that eye shine, but the bigfoot does, and you know the animals of the woods have that, So I don't know. That was kind of scary. Sounds like a bigfoot. So we're kind of getting that overlap again. Are they bigfoot, are they men? Or are they both?
Speaker 1: They cross over because you know people's up there out in the seeing where they see things wherever they see them, the woods or like you saw one on the street. Yeah, yeah, you know, if they just need a haircut, they you might think it's a big food. It depends on how long to be in the mountains.
Speaker 11: I saw one of my neighbors here the other day. I had on a wig and a fur coat, and I thought I looked like a sasquatch. Well here's another one from the Connecticut, New York area. It's called the leather Man. Now he's not really a loud man, but it's just a weird figure that I covered him in my uh I think a dark Tales from Every State or something. I'm doing a series of there, and that's a really intriguing case. F eighteen hundreds. The leather Man, as he was known, wasn't exactly described as hairri er eight likee ape like, but he definitely fit the wild man archetype. He was a wonder who traveled a three hundred and sixty mile loop through Connecticut New York for over thirty years. He wore clothes made entirely of pieces of leather that he had patched together himself. He's leapt in caves and under rock overhangs, and communicated in grunts and gestures. No one ever learned his true identity or where he came from. And there was you know, back in that time period, you had people that just wandered around, and hobos and tramps and things like that makes you wonder, but not necessarily a wild man, or that sounds more like somebody that went fairal but certainly not to be confused with a big Foot of some of the other wild men we've been talking about. Now I've got one more here. This is the first one of these. I've come across not a wild man, but a wild woman, the wild woman of the San Joaquin Valley in California. Now, while most of these stories of wild men stories focus on male figures, there are some exceptions, and here's one. In the eighteen fifties, California newspapers reported sightings of a wild woman living in the San Joaquin Valley. She was described as having a long, matted hair, said to be incredibly fast and agile. Some accounts claimed she'd been kidnapped by Native Americans as a child and raised in the wild. So that's don't hear about too many wild women in the woods like that. Anyway, if you're talking, you can think I can't hear you.
Speaker 1: I'm here. I thought my dog was going to bark, so I had muted there. There's one here is from spooky Appalachia. It is, uh, the wood Booger of North Georgia.
Speaker 11: Yeah, now boogers. That's kind of a Southern thing there. Uh, there's there's wood boogers, and there's rud atches.
Speaker 1: And let's the other nuns. Yeah, all kinds of superstitions.
Speaker 11: Like, yeah, talking about why they contact She's like, it'll run at you. But now, according to some research that I did when I was because that was gonna be the titles as episodes while men and wood boogers, it's essentially an Appalachian version of Bigfoot or sasquatch, but not in all cases. And it's a colorful term. Thats the local dialect and there in the South. But it does add a touch of mystery, I add fear to the creature. Here's what people typically say about the wood burger. It's a tall, hairy ape like often with here we go again, glowing red eyes, habitats and deep woods, mountains areas, often near caves or rocky outcroppings. It's a very elusive, mostly nocturnal, sometimes mischievous or even aggressive uh that produces loud house screams and wood knocks. Again, sounds like a bigfoot, and it's particularly associated with the Appalachian regions of Virginia, North Carolina, and West Virginia. In fact, the town of Norton, Virginia, has even declared itself a wood Booger Sanctuary. They have a large wood booger statue and even host an annual wood Booger festival. How much wood would a wood burger will I'm trying to do something there. How much wood would a wood booger booger? If a wood booger good booger would there? You go?
Speaker 1: There you go? You got it? You got it out?
Speaker 11: I get it anyway.
Speaker 1: This account is of a wood booger, which is, you know, just another name for something spooky, mostly bigfoot, but you know it could be a wild man. It's the south west Virginia area, notably in Norton City and Wise County. According to a newspaper from the Old Posts on November twenty fourth, eighteen ninety two, the creature was given the name Woodbooger after the Boogieman, because it was rumored to carry off children who wandered off into the woods. Not If you go to Norton, Virginia these days, you'll see many attractions featuring the Woodbooger monster, including a restaurant called the Woodbooger Grill and a statue located in the Flag Rock Recreation Area. You can also go on a wood Booger guided search HAC and there's even a Woodburger festival.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it was that the one in Norton, Virginia that I was. I think we covered in North Georgia.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, there's little more to it.
Speaker 11: Yeah, wood are not as rare in some places.
Speaker 1: This TV show that created a lot of the popularity found it.
Speaker 11: In the Mountain Monsters. I think they talked about.
Speaker 1: The wood funding finding Bigfoot. They did an episode in the area from Wise County. The video is referred to as the Beast of Gum Chewing Gum. The Beast of Gum heell. A man was riding an ATV through a river back in two thousand and nine when the creature walked out in front of him. He stopped and pointed as it walked slowly away. He claimed in the video description that it is the second time he had seen the creature. The show also noted that there weren't a lot of known reports of sidings in the area, but while calling a town hall meeting, it was discovered that many people had encounters that were not officially documented, so that area became a little hot bed.
Speaker 11: I guess, yeah, let's see, I had another one here. It seems like the wrong The wild Man of Crowley's Ridge, which was in Arkansas in the early nineteen hundreds. A series of strange encounters were reported around Crowley's Ridge in Arkansas might be Crowley's Ridge One or the other. People describe seeing a large, hairy creature, again with glowing red eyes that would let out terrifying screams. This wild man was blamed for livestock mutilations and even attacks on people. Some suggested it was a gorilla escape from a traveling circus. I've heard those excuses before, while others believed it was a creature that is unknown to science aka Bigfoot or sasqua or what do you want to call it.
Speaker 1: There was a mountain man in Virginia in the nineteen fifties. Stories circulated about a mountain man living in the remote areas of Virginia. He was described as scruffy and elusive. He was known to forage for food and avoid human contact. Look was reported seeing strange currences. So they also had missing list talk they found my serious footprints. This figure symbolizes tension between the civilization and wild as well as a lure of leaving off the grid. I may have read that already, but it was also tied into another one here from Virginia. M I should have marked that one off.
Speaker 11: Yeah, some of these that I found. It was kind of mixed in together, they'd have a wild man report and then a big foot report.
Speaker 1: Okay, here it is what you got there, the hairy beasts of Now. I don't know how you say this. Monta Ga Gaelia Gaela Gaelia m o n o n g a h e l A Mona Gaya National Forest in West Virginia. In the late nineteen eighties, visitors to the national forests reported encounters with a large, hairy creature that seemed to move silently through the trees. Witnesses noted it's enormous size and the unsettling feeling of being watched. Some hikers claim to have heard deep growls and branches snapping in the distance. These encounters contributed to the ongoing, ongoing, ongoing lure of wild men in the region, highlighting it's the lure of the untamed wilderness.
Speaker 11: Monongohela.
Speaker 1: There we go. Thank you.
Speaker 11: I knew, I knew how to say it, but I had to see it before I could say it. But yeah, Longa Haela is. I've been closer there with George Washington Jeffson National Forest, which is just south of there, but I had I heard the tree knocks and the yips and the owls and stuff. When I was in the Jefferson National Forest and something through rocks at me. I think it is a big foot. I don't think to scare me. I think it's trying to warm me. There was probably a bear or a big cat, because I was in there about two o'clock in the morning hiking, and probably something that I didn't want to run into out there, and the big voot was trying to get me to turn around and go the other way. That's that's my story and I'm sticking to it. That's what I did, and it quit throwing rocks at me.
Speaker 1: So did we cover the backwoods Booger of Tennessee yet? I don't think that's familiar. In the nineteen eighties, a series of encounters were reported in rural Tennessee of a creature referred to as the backwoods Booger. Descriptions varied, but many witnesses claimed it was a large, hairy fear that would raid gardens and trash cans. Some residents reported hearing a chilling hell at night, which added to the sense of anees for sure. These accounts illustrate ongoing belief in while man among local communities and their connection to nature. Now that sounds familiar. I may have read that one already, So to make up for wasting time on that, I will say this. I haven't conferred with the person to I hadn't planned on mentioning it on here, but so I'm not going to say their name. But something was saw in my own yard just four or five nights ago, massive humanoid shadow an irritated grunt and it sounded like a beat on its chest like uh, you know, like it's just pretty mad, and turned the shadow.
Speaker 11: Sure you wasn't what the ghost there?
Speaker 1: Oh, that was my mom's. But the shadow that was seen, he couldn't see the figure, just the shadow, and it walked away, and you could he could hear the leaves and stuff. He said that you could hear like when it went under the branches. It was so tall that it was hitting the branches and all the dew was dropping down like a rain shower. He could hear just the rain, like rain the do coming off the tree limbs and stuff. He said it had to be ten foot tall. And I overheard this conversation the next next day, like why didn't you tell me about the time I was saying that they said I didn't tell her about it. I'd be said, I'm not going out there at dark. I wish you had told me this yesterday. I could have, you know, or before dark today, I could have went out looked, you know, But there's nothing out there. There's too much leaf cover. And I was hoping maybe some odd tough of hair or something, but no, I'm not going out there thout some sort of dog.
Speaker 11: Did they alert to it or some day or out there.
Speaker 1: I usually don't take them around back. A lot of times in the summer it's pitch black out there, like just in a cave a mile on a ground black. But now right now, where there's no leaves on the trees, there's some houses and street lights and stuff up on the hillside that shine completely down through here through the trees. And whatever he heard was down here in the backyard and was going up towards their house. So the strange thing is, how big was that down here where it's casting the shadow? It wasn't up there casting a shadow down to make it look larger. Plus the tree branches were being hit because of the rain and down, so you know, little details like that I find pretty credible.
Speaker 11: So yeah, those little tells like that, and then it gives them.
Speaker 1: And they were pretty spooked. I mean, they didn't want to talk about it. But he talked to a fellow friend. Uh maybe he has a story. Maybe they confided in each other. I don't know. But he didn't know how to tell me or what to tell me. You know. I was like, are you serious, gun amacum, huh. Yeah, I've had some strange things happened around this little place.
Speaker 11: Yeah, let's see here. I found another one here at the Wildman of the Navidad or Novedad River in Texas. In the eighteen thirties, or ports service of a wildman living along the Navadad River in Texas. He was described as immensely strong, covered in hair, and capable of leaping incredible distances. One of the things whispered that it was he was some type of man monkey unknown to science about red eyeshine. But there you go.
Speaker 1: Have you heard of the woods devil of Pennsylvania.
Speaker 11: I don't think it's on my list. Let's hear about it.
Speaker 1: I haven't heard of this one either. In the early two thousands, residents near the Allegheny Mountains reported sightings of a woods devil, described as a large, shaggy creature that resembled a wild man. Reports included sightings of it moving stealthily through the trees, often at night, with witnesses claiming to hear strange vocalizations. The woods devil became a modern embodiment of Apalachri folklore. It reflects fears and mysteries inherent in rural life. You know, I guess just another story about behave after dark. You know, like your granny would say, you're getting your book back in the house.
Speaker 11: I mind to tell you there's I haint never hollering there. You go be quiet after it got dark. Don't don't get out. If you had like a street light or sometime there, don't get out of the streetlight, or if you had the blood lights or whatever driveway and the outdoor lights, don't get beyond where that light shine. And I'm still that way to this day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, the woods seem to breathe a little deeper and come a little more alive. Not even though it's like it can be a lot less. It can be quieter unless you hear something freaky like a big foot or a wild man in your woods. I'd rather hear you know, all the live stock were the wildlife. Whatever's in the woods in the daytime, anytime, even though it's annoying little wood hens.
Speaker 11: Dark and in the dark.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 11: Yeah, beasts are nocturnal and they like to get out and me lay cattle and chickens and things like that after dark.
Speaker 1: Oh it's like that phrase. I know you like it, but I like it too, something to the nature of be careful of peering into the darkness or fear what may be staring back at you. I forget who who's quoted that.
Speaker 11: His knee chair. When you peer into the abyss, the abyss also appears into you.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 11: And that's a caution against looking into things that are too dark, because you're going to attract the dark back to you.
Speaker 1: I have one here that is from Beach Mountain in North Carolina, the wild Man of Beach County, North Carolina. Throughout the nineteen eighties, report surface from Beach Mountain of a wild man seen scavenging in the woods. Witnesses describe him as tall and rugged, with an with unkempt hair and animal skins for clothing. Campers recounted eerie knights filled with strange noises and rustling in the underbrush, leading to many leading many to believe that they were being watched. This figure became a local legend and brought up primal fears. You know, people were very afraid of that one.
Speaker 11: That sounds more like a feral human, our actual wild man, more so than a sasquatch or Bigfoot.
Speaker 1: There's a swamp man as well, this one we go to Virginia, swamp Man of the Great Dismal Swamp. In the nineteen nineties, residents near the Great Dismal Swamp began sharing stories of a swamp man, a feral figure who was said to inhabit the marshy areas. Descriptions picked at him as dirty, with long hair and a wild demeanor. Loc was claimed he would appear at the edges of the swamp, often at dusk, frightening those who ventured too close. He lurked mysteriously in the shadows after you know, after that.
Speaker 11: Great Dismal Swamp, some war soldiers that marched in there and never came back out. And Cisco's got some stories about that place that she'd encountered going do there. I think that's where she saw her baby Bigfoot too, was near the Great Dismal Swamp and where something crawled out the swamp and got under their car.
Speaker 1: I'm going to I'm going to talk about this one while, and then I'll sort my stuff out while you share what I've got to work some stuff off here so we don't repeat it again here. The Beast of Bald Mountain, North Carolina. In the nineteen seventies, reas Dance near Bald Mountain reported sightings of a large, hairy creature that would run the forest that night. Descriptions included glowing eyes and a powerful, powerful build, often accompanied by unsettling groulse. Locals claimed it would steal live stock and leave behind large footprints, igniting a wave of fear and fascination in the community, and The tales of the Beasts of Bod Mountain reflect region's deep connection to its wilderness and mists that arise from encounters with the.
Speaker 11: Unknown spooky stuff.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm, I mean that one big garden crowd.
Speaker 11: You don't hear them going after capitalists so much. I wonder if that was just you know, the thing back then, or if you just don't hear about it nowadays. I mean people still have cows and stuff. You think if they ever stolen eight cows or any of livestock, they still would.
Speaker 1: I don't really hear about a lot of livestock. I do hear. There's a guy I'll watch on YouTube people send in their bigfoot savvey sasquatch buttings, encounters that one was a few of the random things that's considered we will, let's say, or cryptid or UFO. But he reads their emails and stuff, and I hear a lot of people still claiming that their chickens will be taken. Another YouTuber claimed, I think it was like thirteen hogs were killed over a period of a week or two. Something just slaughtered every one of them, and I think some of them were missing. You know, they've been a bad pun here. But I guess if it was Bigfoot, they were living a high the hog.
Speaker 11: Yeah, a kid. Something was killing their chickens and it would uh uh he said, almost looked like your typical vampire bite. They would have two uh thang marks, but it wasn't in its neck but in the top of its head, and they'd be drained of blood. So something was sucking the blood out of their chickens. Instead of a super cabra with a goat sucker. I guess they had a chicken sucker, a polo cabrao cabra. But they said they killed the skunk not too long after this start happening, and the chickens stopped being found with all the blood during that of them. But I never heard of a skunk doing anything like that, but they that's what they marked it up to. Strange.
Speaker 1: Well, that's just another bad pun here. That's just foul all the way around. That skunk would.
Speaker 11: Have a foul odor and then chicken barnyard foul. Ye, I've got another one.
Speaker 1: Here, totally funny. I'm just I'm just silly.
Speaker 11: Park. We've got the wild Man of the Wisconsin Woods. In the late eighteen, hundreds of newspapers in Wisconsin reported a series of encounters with the wild men, described as being over seven feet tall, covered in hair, and possessing incredible strengths. He was often blamed here you go, missing livestock, strange noises in the night, and some even claimed he could mimic human speech. Now, I've heard that that there's some of these sasquatch and save people that can talk. Have you ever heard some of Darryl Denton's stories that are feet.
Speaker 1: I was reading something today or yesterday, Lakota sue, I'm thinking that's the native American language he was taught as a boy. Forgive me if I'm saying that wrong. That he says. The family he'd befriended and stuff for four years understand even understands that language. And I've heard you know, of course, everybody's heard of mine speak. The typical silence in the woods. If things get silence, predators usually not something's up, pray that they're predator around you, not the predator, but the predator is around, and the praise laying low. And but now sometimes birds will act up to alert others that there's something around. And then the smell, the fast smells that come with the territory. Now some people claim to have seen things that they didn't counter or experience any smell mine speak, or any silence of the woods, but just had a visual and nothing else. But now a lot of people say that they even hunters the whole shebang, you know, all that all the latter smells.
Speaker 11: Yeah, swoops, hollers. Another one there in pentrist County, there was a guy that had cut his leg with a chainsaw pretty bad, and they called an ambulance for him. He lived on a farm like way off in one direction. Well, when the ambulance came up that old gravel road, the guy that lived on the other side of his farm, on the other side of him, out in the woods, there was something started hollering back, kind of mocking or mimicking that ambulance. But he said it was an animal making that sound. So that sounds like a big foot or something.
Speaker 1: I've heard stories where they mimic birds, and what the odd thing was that stuck out I think, I don't know if this is one of Scott Carpenters stories, or if it was somebody relating a story to him and he was telling it. But the odd thing was they recognized the type of bird or something and they're like, wait a minute, it's dark. Yeah, and it does sound kind of funny. So they suspected that something was out there mimicking this bird and he or if it was when in.
Speaker 11: The house people of voices that you would know. I heard stories of people hearing voices calling to him from in the woods or out of caves. Even that sounded like either somebody they knew, a family member that has passed on, And one guy even heard himself calling to himself to come into the cave. If I hear any voice trying to get me to come in a cave, I'm running the other direction.
Speaker 1: That's something that could be almost like a doppelganger or m sounds like you or something. Hey. There's also claims of baby crowds too. They try to lure They think women are trying to be lured in or.
Speaker 11: Something of their Yeah, I know, that's just human nature. You hear a baby cry in distress, you want to go see if you can help it, or something that something luring you to your doom, has that knowledge. I found another one here. There are not wild men, but it's just it's strange, and I'd like to mention it since we're talking about the Appalachian Mountains and some of this the mountain devils of North Carolina. Now, these creatures said in habits of the Appalachian Mountains are the cry described as small, hairy humanoids with glowing red eyes. They're often blame for unexplained noises, missing objects, and a general sense of unease in the mountains. Some believe they are related to Cherokee legends of mischievous little people. Mischievous little people. So that's that's kind of like mini feet or something. There those tiny hairy humanoids who glowing red eyes. It's not it's not a human. I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a hermit of Harlan County in Kentucky. In the eighties, reports merged of a hermit living in the woods of Harlan County. Described as a man with long a long beard and tightltered clothing. He was said to live in a makeshift shelter and scavenge for food. Witnesses claimed to see him from a distance, often at twilight, and some recounted eriie encounters where he would watch them silently. So, yeah, just some some man just sitting up there. Yeah, another peeping tom.
Speaker 11: Something like that. We in friends took the guy to worked with had a four whole drive pickup truck and we took it up a power cut, you know, just there wasn't even a road there is even less than like a logging road or something. It was just where they had cut through the brush to build these high tension, high power lines. And we drove way way way, way, way way, back out in the woods and just parked out there, and off in the distance just you know, maybe twenty five thirty feet away, saw the glow of a cigarette and there was I mean, we were miles and miles miles from civilization. So we turned around and got out of there. But they weren't supposed to be We weren't supposed to be up there. Somebody up there smoking a cigarette. We didn't want to catch us up there and murder us or something. So there's some starnge things out there. And you've heard my story about the time I was walking home Halloween night, for instance, smart glowing cigarette coming down the road, and I thought it was oh, that somebody smoking a cigarette. But then when it got up to me, I could just see the cigarette. There was nobody. There wasn't even a shadow or ghost or anything. Just a lit cigarette went right by me and went on down the road. I watched it go outside. Now that road dead ended used to dead end into the river until they backed up. The river may melt me all lake, but a lot of people had drowned in that body of water. Something as a ghost and somebody came back for one more cigarette on Halloween night, but I never forget that. That scared the but Jesus out of it. I ran the rest of the way home after the pair of parousis broke. Well, let's take a little break here. I've got to play a commercial and then we'll hear a little bit of music from Lee G and we'll be back in about five minutes.
Speaker 12: Stick around, everybody, Attention all ground zero fans. Aftermath dot Media is celebrating our four year anniversary with a spectacular deal just for you. For a limited time, you can get an Aftermath Premium yearly subscription for only seventy nine dollars. That's right, just seventy nine dollars for a full year of exclusive content, ad free listening and premium features. Dive into a world of incredible stories, top tier journalism, and the best in entertainment. Whether you're a longtime listener or new to ground Zero, this is the perfect time to join the Aftermath family. Don't miss out on this amazing anniversary special. Visit aftermath dot Media today and sign up for your Aftermath Premium yearly subscription at just seventy nine dollars. But hurry, this offer won't last long. Celebrate with us and elevate your media experience to the next level. Aftermath dot media the ultimate resource for parapolitical and paranormal fans. Visit aftermath dot media and subscribe today. That's aftermath dot media will.
Speaker 7: Be to be upset with some world.
Speaker 13: Yeah, oneful, oh the one mistake.
Speaker 1: One mistake isn't much to make.
Speaker 2: It's one mistake.
Speaker 8: And Joe Sabby nor Sy Sabby.
Speaker 1: But it's just the cloud the b.
Speaker 7: Story. Some day the cloud will break so that the sun.
Speaker 14: Slave it some food to be up with, some word.
Speaker 7: Shameful, the god the dark he did. Oh that's one a.
Speaker 14: Steak unsteaking card of But you may come this stage.
Speaker 7: Now you blow the way the change its charge. Do come stop something track way so that decern can shine. Oh well it's not.
Speaker 2: Too for game up for.
Speaker 7: You're not day. Don't forget that full game.
Speaker 2: Sweet make mistakes.
Speaker 7: Mistakes.
Speaker 11: We never read to.
Speaker 7: Make a lot to fa full game. The sea your coup so thing railway so that had the sun can shine, it's chalice. There came before song something a child roll by.
Speaker 15: You see that at the sun cast shine, it's choice there.
Speaker 7: Cam star.
Speaker 15: Something chilping way, so that the sun cat show it's consist there come.
Speaker 1: Now now now no.
Speaker 11: Hm, and we're back. That was lee, Gia do well shot there first you heard a call before the storm and the last one was shutters used with lee of leg of first four audios kind permission check came out. He's live three nights a week on the First four Audio on YouTube Tuesday nights, Thursday nights and Saturday night. So Cathedra, where where are we?
Speaker 7: Mm?
Speaker 1: There was one I was going to touch based on let me see if I can get right back to that real quick.
Speaker 11: All right, need a minute, I can go with another one. Or if you've got that one and I've got a short one here. There weren't many wild women, but here's another one, The Old White Woman of the Ozarks. This legend, originating in the Ozark Mountains, tells of a wild woman with long flowing white hair who roams the hills. Some say she's a ghost, others a witch, and still others believe she's a faero human who were treated into the wilderness. She's often blamed for strange occurrences and unsettling encounters in the Ozarks. That doesn't go into any detail what those strange occurrences and unsettling encounters are. But yeah, if I come across a white haired old woman in the woods, you know I'm going to get out of there.
Speaker 1: I do have one about a feral child. Okay, In West Virginia in the nineteen seventies, a boy was found living in the woods of West Virginia, reportedly having lived alone for several years. Described as wild and unkempt, he was said to exhibit animal like behaviors, such as foraging and communicating through grunts. His discovery raised questions about humans adaptability and the boundaries of civilization. Kind of reminds me of she begin to folk glorified men.
Speaker 11: What was that saying? Kind of like Mowguli in the Jungle Book? Did you think about that? It was a child that had been living in the woods. Did he forge for food?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 11: How did he feed himself? And all that? So many unanswered questions.
Speaker 1: There out there for several years it appeared I'm camped forging for food and good grunting for communication. So I don't know how he.
Speaker 11: Was, but sure he's a pharok children similar to that now Harryman of Virgos Swamp, which is in Minnesota. This legend originating from the Ojibwe people to use here we go large harry creature that was in the swamps of northern Minnesota. Harry Mann has said to be mischievous and sometimes dangerous, known for playing tricks on travelers and occasionally even attacking those who wanted too close to his territory.
Speaker 1: There is a Hermit of Blue Ridge from the nineteen forties. The story captured the imagination of locals. It is described as a gaunt's figure. He was known to scavenge for food and rarely interacted with the townsfolk. Some claimed he had chosen solitude after a tragic clause, while others believed he possessed supernatural knowledge of the woods.
Speaker 2: Where was that.
Speaker 1: Hermit of Blue Ridge from the forties Blee Ridge Mountains.
Speaker 11: We'll see what else I've got here, so I don't. From the French Canadian area, the Googu or the Gaugau g o U g o u boogeyman like figure from French Canadian folklore is often used to frighten children into behaving. The Gaugau is described as a hairy, monstrous creature that lurks in the shadows, waiting to snatch up disobedient children. Well, he's strictly not a wild man. He does share the element of the uncanny and a fear of the untamed.
Speaker 1: I have another one here, the green Man of Clarksburg, again from West Virginia. All right, that states like Tennessee, they have it all just about. In the nineteen sixties, Clarksburg residents began reporting sightings of the green skin figure lurking in the woods, described as they disheveled and covered in what appeared to be mouse or plant material. The green Man became a figure of urban legion. People claimed he would appear near the city's outskirts, often during foggy nights. The green Man's legend reflects fears of what lies beyond civilization and the mysteries of the natural world. Never heard of that one, the green It reminds me of the swamp thing, obviously, the green Man of Clarksburg.
Speaker 11: I've heard some similar to that, but not in that area. We'll see, and it's like that whole wild man archetype. It can be a wide creatures wear walls and shape saisters to monsters, boogeymen, bigfoot, and I think a lot of that whatever figure they've seen locally. It's just a reflection of that local cultures, anxieties, beliefs, and their relationship with the natural world, and of the people who are telling the stories there.
Speaker 1: Now, this one is very similar to when I read a few minutes ago. I don't think I read this one though, The wild Man of Jackson County, West Virginia from nineteen seventy five. And if I have read this one, I'm sorry. I've been trying to mark them office ago, but I may have forgot one or two. He's reported seeing reports of seeing a wild man living on the outskirts of properties. The man's was ascribed as scruffy, wild hair, clothes made of animal skins. Witnesses claimed he would rummage through their garbage and vanished into the woods before anyone could approach. Uh, the wild Man of Jackson County, West Virginia. I've read one a few minutes ago that was very similar.
Speaker 11: Approve Virginia and Virginia and Kentucky, tennessee occasionally here else.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like a cluster of them. And then you get good report from DESI there's Pennsylvania. We've all heard the monster.
Speaker 11: This one is a it's not necessarily a wild Man, but similar it's the Renovo Wolfman from Pennsylvania. That legend originated in the late eighteen hundreds and it tells of a wolf like creature that terrorized the town of Renovo, Pennsylvania. This wolf man was described here we go again, a large, hairy humanoid with glowing red eyes and a terrifying howl. I believe it was a werewolf. Well, others thought it was some type of unknown primate. And then there's other creatures out here. And we talked about the folk monster, which also known as the Boggy Creek Monster, you know, the type of Bigfoot, famous cryptid film in the seventies and low budget horror legend of Boggy Creek Loveland frog Man. So it's there's all kinds of Cisco says, there's all kinds of crap out there. Oh yeah, dober demon, I come across the Wampas Cat. That's which we talked about earlier. I had that in my notes here too.
Speaker 1: How about the Beast of Big Sandy, of the Big Sandy West Virginia and Kentucky borders Big.
Speaker 11: Sandy and Kentucky. Let's hear about that one. I'm not familiar with that one.
Speaker 1: During the nineteen fifties, residence near the Big Sandy River reported sightings of a large, hairy creature that seemed to run the area, described as having a het of a for seven feet. It was said to have a deep guttural sound or groul and sounds. Farmers reported missing livestock and strange footprints near their barns, leading to community panic. The showcases legends how legends can arise from real events. So you know what in all legends or fable, you know, there's usually some basis of truth.
Speaker 11: So yeah, I think there's a nugget of truth in there. It's kind of like remember in school when you played the telephone game. One person starts whispers to the person next to them, it's passed all along.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you get to the last kid to get to the end.
Speaker 11: Totally different story, but I think that's what happens. Because my mom grew up around the Caves Cobert and the Smokies. My dad grew up on the Cumberland Platau in Middle Tennessee, ventest County, Jamestown, that area that he would talk about here in some of the same stories that my mom heard growing up, and he was six years older than her, but in that area, and then you know, shit heard it in that area. So I think people when they repeat those stories, tell those tall tales and legends and stuff, if they don't know where it is, or rather than have to explain to the person they're telling me to, oh you know, you go over here and you go around there, they just update it with a local or you know, something local to them so people knows where it is. That's my guess on that I mentioned launch like the crying woman, there's a cry Baby bridge. There's one of those. Yeah, every little community throughout the South.
Speaker 1: Yeah, or a bridge where someone can't cross or they disappear like headlights will disappear before they cross the bridge.
Speaker 11: Or the vanishing hitchhiker type. Or I heard stories of where if you're riding a horse or motorcycle, there's certain areas where it feels like somebody gets on behind you. I wouldn't like that. There's one in Rockland Tendency called Scout Hollow for a bunch of boy scouts around and I've heard that one that if you go through there on some sort of conveyance a bike or a motorcycle or some animal that you ride it feels like something gets on behind you. That's just creepy.
Speaker 1: I've heard you recently. I believe mention Flatwood's monster because I remember I was in the chat and I remember saying how I thought maybe the guy it was like a town prankster, and I thought maybe he was behind it. But it was reported I don't think he was in the area at the time, so there went that idea. Of course he wasn't in the area at the time, but if he was a prankster, surely he would have told somebody. But that's never come out. But story has it that on September twelfth, nineteen fifty two, in flat Woods, West Virginia, a group of boys reported seeing a strange, glowing figure emerged from the woods. Witnesses descripted creature as tile with a green body and a head shaped like a spade. Witnesses claimed it emitted a foul odor and had large glowing eyes. This incident not only sparked local folklore, but also contributed to the broader discussion of UFOs and extraterrestrial life, blending supernatural with the unexplained.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I don't know what those people saw that night. But something I've had the pastors that I have out here frequently, they think it was some kind of a nepht all, an angel or a demon or something like that. But and that thing is scary looking when you see it.
Speaker 1: It looks and it was kind of roboticlock too, wouldn't it Or.
Speaker 11: Yeah, there's something about metallic having to do with it. I don't know, but it's it's like that I would soil myself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was like UFO a UFOs or an alien races AI robot version one point zero. I guess I'm not sure. You never know.
Speaker 11: Whatever it was, it was the depiction they drew over there was especially Friday. It did have that It's like it had the ace of Spades looking thing up behind its head. It looked like it was wearing a metallic dress or something. I don't know. I don't even want to think about it. See what else I've got here now, as long as we're covering just beasts, and you know, there's a beast of Bray Road in Wisconsin that was herst reported back in the eighties in the rural area around Elkhorn, Wisconsin, and it's often described as a large, hairy bipedal canine with glowing red eyes. Some said it's maybe a dog man, and it's been blamed again for nuvous livestock killings and terrifying passers by.
Speaker 7: Again.
Speaker 11: Some believe it's werewolf, and others suggest that may be some type of unknown cryptid like a dog man or something similar. I love the way they have the different Man's where they have the lizard Man of Skateboard Swamp. They have the Grassman in Ohio. A lot of different things like that, the frog Man, have the dover Demon up here. I don't know what. I think that was a extraterrestrial or something. He's got the Jersey levil whatever that thing was winged, biped or the horse like head, bat wings and forktail.
Speaker 1: I believe this story is from an old book, I think in nineteen fifty two, The wild Man of the Woods, the Middle Ages, Sentinels and Mythology. I believe it was. But in the eighteen hundreds there was stories of a wild man. In eighteen eighty seven, a party of gold miners traveling through the Globe Valley in Cockwell County, North Carolina, encountered what they described as a wild man. Although they although they only got within forty yards of the man. One miner claimed that his peculiar specimen of humanity appeared to be a giant six foot five sixty five with a funnel shaped head.
Speaker 11: Again, that must be what they're talking about, a cone shape. That just no. Next, I'd never heard of a funnel shaped head before that one I found. And then there you found it on something else.
Speaker 1: And this was from a party of gold miners from eighteen seventy seven. I don't think that's the same story as you were talking about. I don't believe it was. But if it was, I mean, here's some more details to go along with it. Yeah, two inch long hair covering his body. When he spotted the miners, he pounded on his chest. I just mentioned that earlier, before turning and bounding off into the woods with the speed of a deer. The party tracked him with guns drawn to a cave deep in the mountains, where they found bones, many of many animals scattered about, indicating that he had been leaving there for a while. The most amazing thing about this story is how similar it was to hundreds of other sightings, encounters, and confrontations that supposedly took place across the United States following the Civil War. So following the Civil War, so after the Civil War, those the sights increased.
Speaker 11: Yeah see, I got another one here in this one again not a while man, but something from West Virginia called the sheep squatch. It's encryptid I reported in the mountains regions of West Virginia, described as a large bipedal creature with thick wooly fur in a fowl or you don't hear about sasquatch or Bigfoot having thick wooly for It's often blamed for livestock mutilations and strings occurrences in the road areas where it said to Rome. Some believe it may be a distant relative of Bigfoot, while others think that it could be a completely unique creature.
Speaker 1: Now here, Uh there was. There's one I was trying to find. I can't find it yet, but I did come across this one before I ever come across the one I can't find. I recognize it, so may not be too far off of when oats here from it. But you've heard of Field and Stream, well, in eighteen ninety six, that was Forest and Stream. There was a published sketch of the wild Man of ChIL Howie, a gruffalo type creature with talon like fingernails and toenails, tusks instead of teeth, and hair and beard to his waist. Four hunters encountered the naked man little Boy in the forest of East Tennessee. After following him back to his lair, they attempted to seize him and haul him back to Cleveland, but the man used his brute strength to overpower the men and run. A polse later returned for the wild Man, captured him and send him to a sane and insane asylum, where, according to the report, he now reposes in comfort. So earlier they caught one and he got away, but this one here they caught him in. They took him to the insane asylum where he's reposing and comfort now. Well back, you know what was what was the year on this one? Eighteen ninety six was the date that the Forest and Stream published the story.
Speaker 11: No wonder, it was just an object, you know, the times, because you know that was when the West was still wild and things like that, and it was just you don't you know, I mean, you still hear stories about feral people in the backwoods of the Appalachis and stuff. But I wonder back then it was just there were more of them because there was a lot more unclaimed land, and America was a wilder place. North America was a wilder place.
Speaker 1: There is a report of a wild man of Camas Thomas, that was killed by an axe a group of immigrants. I'm supposed to kill that one in Idaho in eighteen eighty three, after having caught wind of the presence of the wild man. In northwestern Nevada, a group of citizens led a policy into his camp. Upon seeing the Polsey, the infuriated demon a forty year old white man. Earlier you spoke of one was in his thirties. This one says forty. He took off running towards the horses, but members of the Polsey open fire, chasing him back into the forest. I guess they didn't get their man.
Speaker 11: And then in Alaska, again not a wild man per se. They've got what they called the Alaskan bush man again, large hairy humanoid ream's remote wilderness up there, and often a company by reports of strange vocalations and unusual footprints, some believed to be a relative of big Foot of sasquatch, while others suggest that it's something unique different, some sort creature that's adapted to the harsh Alaskan environment. And they also have the nantanac up there, and it's like an angry, big photo. Sasquatches Austin often depicted as a furisome predator capable of great strength and speed, and it just serves as you know, some of the harsh realities of Alaska that took there on the tundra and some of the what spaced by those people that call that home. That's the thing that they blamed. And there's a place up there where something picked up like the front scoop off a bulldozer and through it and did some stuff. I don't know. There's there's some strange stuff in Alaska. They've also got the kushtaka, which is, oh yeah, it's a shape shifter that compare is either a human or an otter. That's one of those that lures people into the water, either sounding like a crying baby like we were talking about, or a person in distress and had passed. You're justin on he's talking about he's stationed in Alaska. There's a lot of weird weird, weird things up there.
Speaker 1: When you just talking about the nontonac montonock, it reminds me of that life past incident.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 1: There there's a race of people or some say other things in the woods that live in their very territorial that that was the theory that as to what they have led to their deaths. You know, they'd ripped the tent open from the inside. Some of them were half naked. They run out for some apparent reason the mill the night. I don't know if it's birds of prey or what. That one of the ladies was there only one lady, I'm not sure. Now, a lady was found without her tongue and her eyes, and some were found further out away from other people, like they just booked it. Something really scared those people. I believe. Had it been avalanched, you know, I mean, yeah, I've covered that case some.
Speaker 11: Somebody. I never wrote a book about it. I don't remember if it was. Oh, I won't speculate, but there's injuries were much like.
Speaker 1: A car accident, like a brute force in radiation. I believe.
Speaker 11: I don't believe it was just an avalanche, which is the official story. I think maybe Drew Hurst Bensent wrote a book about that. I'm not sure, and I found another one here before I covered Spearfinger, which is a Cherokee legend. Well, there's another from the North Carolina Cherokee called the Waia Woman. She's a cambalistic woman who learns children into the woods to devour them. And she's depicted having long, tangled hand and a horrifying appearance. And uh, she kind of serves as a cautionary tale about the dangers of wondering too far from the campfire and the importance of heating the warnings of elders. So again, that's kind of like Granny telling you these stories. And then you got the Cataba little people and the Native American story about these small human like creatures that live in the woods. Maybe the faithfulk often depicting his mischievs and sometimes helpful, said to have a deep connection to nature.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I believe that. Maybe Hawaiian maybe wrong on that, but they were supposed to be a race of people. And you know, you respect the land.
Speaker 11: Ye to the goog which is that that's in michigany uh for peninsula. It's again described as a large hairy ape like creature with glowing red eyes and a terrifying roar, blamed for livestock mulations and strange occurrences in the wilderness where it's said to rome. So it looks like everywhere you've got some type of bigfoot type creature. And again not not a wild man per se, but a while something some kind of wild beast. And you know, we talked about the folk monster in Arkansas and wind A Go. You know, that's one of those that kind of a shape shift or whatever has the taste or human flesh. Again, yep, yep. Done in the New Louisiana. Also, there's another one up on Mount Saint Helens in Washington State called the Batsquatch, reported in the eighties, a humanoid body with a bat wings and a hairless, gray colored skin, often associated with the volcanic activity of the mountain. That's I've been upon Mount Saint Helens. That's a strange, strange place up there. And then you have not too far from there you have Ape Canyon where a bunch of miners were attacked all night long in their cabin by what they described as wild men throwing rocks. But I think they pretty much decided that's the bigfoot Rubu and as roots in French and Cajun folklore werewolf like being said to roma swamps and by his Louisiana often described it having a human body with the head of a wolf for a dog, and said to pray on those who break the Catholic tradition of lint or engage in other sinful behavior. And then up here there's Algonquin legend the ch Chinu. It's a cambalistic monster that inhabits the forest up here, often depicted it's having a heart advice said to prey on humans who wonder too far into its territory. And again it's just you know, cautionary tale embodying the dangers of the wilderness and the fear of losing one's humanity. So there's all over the place. There's actual ones that sound like men, like wild men, like pharaoh people, and then there's these bigfoot like creatures, and then the dog man. I think somehow it's all connected.
Speaker 1: You remember there was the American Horror Stories show out.
Speaker 11: American Horror listener stories over a missing persons mysteries. I've got Nikki, I can't remember her last name. She's a friend of mine Facebook, and she sent me her story of a thing she encountered. It was kind of like a dog man. This was in Louisiana, but it was more of a like a Nubis from Egyptian focals. She said, that's what it looked like. It was in her room.
Speaker 1: She the one that went to Mount Shasta all by herself. No, that's kay Love, Okay, okay Love. Yeah, I couldn't remember the first name. I remember the last name.
Speaker 11: To have her on this show. She's got an awesome story.
Speaker 1: Man, that's a tough gal to brave it out there by herself, like she did have no weapon or that's a trooper and just felt the call.
Speaker 11: Quit her job, got all of her camping equipment in her car, took off and lived on the slopes of Mount Shasta for I think it's five months or something.
Speaker 1: That's how strong that urge was. It's like drawing her in, pulling her in.
Speaker 11: She didn't call them big Foot the Sasquad. She called them the tree people. But she had experiences with them. She had experiences with us.
Speaker 1: Brought lots and kinds of stuff.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 11: Interesting, Now I've got that over on my I wonder if that's all missing persons and mysteries over on Tales Untold. But I've got that at least one interview, whether I've interviewed her twice, but I've got it on one handle or the other on YouTube, and I've got a song spreaker.
Speaker 1: But there was a story that ranked true that was played out on the American Horror Story TV show, but the one that ranked true in the episode, it was called feral Uh. It's where a family of three goes camping in California's Kerrent River Canyon National Park. During the fishing trip, the couple's three year old son goes missing. Ten years later, the divorced couple returns to the area and the last their effort to find their son, only to learn the truth about is terrifying, terrifying truth about his disappearance. But it was thought to maybe have been feral humans.
Speaker 11: The person who wrote the script, they drew some things from the the actual Dennis Martin disappeared. I mean it didn't totally copy it.
Speaker 1: It's adapted from you know, folklore, religion. But yeah, there was a report. Well you could probably recite this better than I could, because that affected you as a young child. You were worried about him. You would make him sandwiches and take out in.
Speaker 11: The woods, leaving chips and stuff in which I thought maybe because you know, we didn't live that far from the smoke. He's about an hour, but that was an hour by car. And I just remember, you know, my little five year old mind thinking I maybe wonder down here.
Speaker 1: And yeah, it was about your agge. Twudn't he?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 11: I was five going on six and he was six going on seven, if I remember correctly. Yeah, that was father's that nineteen sixty nine. I remember that.
Speaker 1: But the strange thing about that, I mean they also run into a family of Martin's who also had a son named Dennis or was that one of the father's names. Uh?
Speaker 11: Those dad Dennis is a kid in Dennis's granddad who was I think Williams Senior, Bill Sr.
Speaker 1: And they missed.
Speaker 11: Had their kids up there.
Speaker 1: What are the odds they thought that maybe some kind of conspiracy or but they I don't think they found any connections about why somebody.
Speaker 11: Concerned that it wasn't just coincidence that there's a rumors that you know, that his dad gave him to some of those people that they were distant family that who knows, but it's been so long and there's there are no answers. But something happened, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: One thing that they definitely wanted to keep hush hush was that count is what like a mile or three miles away? Yeah, the key somebody heard, Yeah, I heard a yale like a kid scream and they look hurdling scream, look up and on the mountain side, looked like.
Speaker 11: At first they thought it was a bear, and then they said it was a rugged man with something red over his shoulder running up the holler there.
Speaker 1: Well Dennis big and brown, Yeah, yep, I mean I think Dennis may have been where was he wearing a red jacket? I mean they noted that that stuck out to them. They heard that shrill streak and something big and large and brown.
Speaker 11: And Dwight McCarter, who was the laid tracker on that case. He's retired now at park right now. Yes, he talked about there being wild men in the park, the paras are big foot anything. He just you know, there are people that liked their privacy and lived off grid and stuff. But he's mentioned wild men kind of alluded to it.
Speaker 1: I'm sure they. You know, they have stories to tell people tell them stories. Now, that'd be something that'd be a good source if somebody could find one that would confide in on. Don't you think Steve make a good book out of that? Oh goodness, all.
Speaker 11: Kinds of stories that guy on YouTube South Forest and listened to his explanation of the dance marking case, it will truly chill you.
Speaker 1: Now, there was a guy who felt pretty guilty about things through the years of believe and I think he took his own life.
Speaker 11: Yeah, that was the FBI agent that was in charge of it. There's a nightclub there on Kingston Pike and Maxale that he went into on the dance floor and took himself out.
Speaker 1: Now you're familiar familiar with Cade's Cove and the smoke Ees, Gatlinburg, Pigeonford, Severeble. There's legends that feral humans live in the mountains in that part of East Tennessee as well, and they're cannibalistic.
Speaker 11: Yeah, my book about the Smokies, I've got a chapter called of wild men and feral Humans.
Speaker 1: Some say, yes, it's just a legend, but not everybody agrees with that.
Speaker 11: Well, you never know. Again, those legends, they all have a nugget of truth in him. And I'm just looking at stuff. In the UK. You know, they got the green Man, who's sort of a wild man and more of a nature spirit. It's often depicted as a face surrounded by leaves, and he represents the cycle of growth and rebirth. You see him carved in a lot of churches and old buildings in the UK. But I know of a building in Kentucky that has the green Man carved on it. But see what else do we find over there? Herne the Hunter, spectral figure associated with Windsor Forest in the Great Park, often is depicted as a ghostly hunter with antlers riding a black horse. And I suppose that he was a huntsman who hanged himself from an oak tree and spirit of the forest. The wild Man of Orford. That legend tells the wild Man captured in the nets of fishermen off the coast of Orford at Suffolk in the twelfth century. Creature to describe being covered in hair, having a human like form but with a strange fish like diet. I camp him captive for some time, but eventually escaped back into the sea. So that's the first one I've heard of it that came out of the water and not the woods.
Speaker 1: I'll see if I can't look to my notes here in a minute and find it, but that one. But I have one if I can find it from I think China too.
Speaker 11: You've got Gillydoo from Scotland Scottish folklore, a guardian of the forest. He's often depicted as a small hairy man dressed in leaves and moss. That's kind of the one that you talked about earlier, but this is the Scottish version of it. He said to be kind and helpful to the lost children, guiding them back to safely.
Speaker 1: And then well there is there's reports of that too. Kids will go missing and then when they are found they say, like the big harry man kept me warm, or he fed me berries.
Speaker 11: Video like children save by bears, And I think, I mean, a bear is not going to cudd little kid berries and stuff. I think the kids are so small that that the one kid said it was a big shaggy doggie or something. I think it was some kind of big footsy squatch creature. In about all those cases.
Speaker 1: Well, now I was talking about Gallinburg and Pigeon Forge in East Tennessee. It's you know, probably an hour a half to two hours for me here leave. What sparked legend of that is. I believe it's in the sixties. A six year old boy went missing in the area and is remembered it. You know, maybe feral people took him. That's what sparked a lot of those legends. Here's the notes on it, traced back to the story.
Speaker 11: People saw him up on a cliff or something, peeking over the edge. They don't know how he got up there.
Speaker 1: And I've heard stories in some of the in laws and family I have they were camping and they saw a big hairy something or other and way up on a cliff and it's throwing rocks and sticks down at him. Just stood there, just get flinging stuff at him. And they got spooped and took off and they looked.
Speaker 11: Back and it was gone, strange. Well, you could see that we're almost out of time here. You got one last case you want to throw at us?
Speaker 1: There, I will see if I can't find that.
Speaker 11: While you're doing that, I've got one here. The brown Man of the Mirrors in Scotland, solitary figure from Scottish folklore, considered a garden of the moorlands. Now he's often depicted as a hairy, dwarf like creature with the brown complexion. Again, not a wild man, but some kind of manlike being that lives in the wisdowlth of this one. You though, he's a protector of the national world. He's seen his mischievous and even dangerous sometimes. So that's a bit of strangeness there from Scotland.
Speaker 1: Well, while I'm looking for that one stealed, there is a wild man of the pine barrens in New Jersey, wild man being uh noted in the Appalachian regions. They inhabit dense forests and then around there in New Jersey too, So they are far and wide. Seems like every little cluster of woods may have something in there.
Speaker 11: State Forest, National Park. They're out there. What do you think? I look forward to your comments on this. Do you think they're feral humans out there? Do you think they're wild men still in the woods? What about these accounts from the eighteen hundreds Was it just different times back then? Are they still out there just driven deeper into the forest. That's going to wrap it up for this episode of Everything out There. Thanks to my guest ghost Lore aka Cathia cat Ray for helping me out here tonight.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much for having me on against Evehis.
Speaker 11: Always a pleasure to play us out here. Going to play Rusty Lily White's Whispers of the Wilderness again, which she's given me her kind permission to use. And it's about wild men in the forest on behalf of a ghost Lore Catheda and myself wish everybody a good night, the pleasant tomorrow. Take care of yourself, behind yourselves and each other. Tell your animals we said hello. We'll see a little farther on down the trail. Good night, everyboddy, good night.
Speaker 3: I'll where the trees stand tall, they say, wild men, rowman shadows all day, Whispers of the Wilderness, untained, legends of.
Speaker 16: The night, bone, unframed, working in the midst under moonlight, faces a fury heart slight, rustling leaf record, dead dance, boom, every step, echoes lost romance.
Speaker 2: Wow men in the one They how.
Speaker 8: Nature secrets in their ground stories, passing Varici tells.
Speaker 9: In darkness their spirit prevails. Old folks say, beware their glance eyes that peer mystic trends. Voices carry ancient lord.
Speaker 6: Chilled the spine to the core. So by foliage, wild and green.
Speaker 10: Really, in the daylight scene they're the guardians of the night.
Speaker 2: Echoing through the forest. Wild Men in the wood.
Speaker 7: They how.
Speaker 16: Nature secrets in their ground.
Speaker 8: Stories Past and Varici tell.
Speaker 6: In none darkness, there's spew.
Speaker 11: It prevails.
Speaker 6: In none darkness, there's spew.
Speaker 2: It prevails.