Speaker 1: If you'd like to be able to listen to the show without ads and have full access to bonus content, that's an option. To find out how please go to Bigfoot. I witnessed dot com Forward Slash podcast.
Speaker 2: My name is Tristan Yelton. I'm forty two years old. I am from Washington State and I've lived here all my life and growing up, I've always been interested in dinosaur's, bigfoot, lockedness, monster, Godzilla, alien and predator. You know a lot of the monster stuff growing up, and like I said, Bigfoot was a part of that. And I used to go to the library and check out a bunch of Bigfoot books and watch a bunch of Bigfoot documentary shows on TV, like In Search of Bigfoot with Robert W. Morgan and Mysterious Monsters with Peter Graves. Those were big influences on me in terms of my fascination with Bigfoot. But the thing is, growing up, I wasn't really interested in looking for Bigfoot because I thought there was enough people out there looking for it. But that all changed for me in February twenty fifteen when my father was taking out the trash one morning before going to work and there's a forested hill above our house over here. It's owned by Global Campbell now, but he used to be owned by Warehouser. And as he was taking the trash out one morning, he heard two whoops, two distinctive whoops on coming from this hill up here, on two opposite sides of the hill, like one whoop will go you know, you'll go whoop, and then the other there'll be another whoop that would answer it. And he my dad made it meant to note of that, and he thought it was really weird, and so he went on to work. He was going down the road here to work, and he told me that there was a herd of elk in the road and they're all looking up on the hill where those whoops are coming from. And he actually had that. He said that he had to swerve around the herd of elk like they're like they're all on the road, I guess, and he had to swerve around them to get the work that morning. And for whatever reason though, he didn't tell my mother and I about the whoops until we were watching a bigfoot show I think like a few weeks later. I won't say the name of the show, but we were watching a Bigfoot show, and he happened to mention he heard those whoops on the hill or my mother and I going, what you know, you didn't tell us that before, So I guess watching the Bigfoot show ignited reignited that memory for him. And so as soon as we could, my mother and I went up on the hill. She actually she was watching some Bigfoot videos about gifting, and she actually bought a jar of peanut butter from the store along with some Peter butter crackers, you know in those little plastic things. And we went up on this hill, went up on the hill across our house over here, and then we went up on this trail and there was this there was a little creek area up there that we went up to, and there was a there was an old logging road that went through this creek, and we thought if this was a sasquatch and maybe they were following this creek and going through this logging this old logging road up theres So we put the peanut butter jar and the peanut butter crackers on this It was on a log right next to the creek up there. And then there was a stump up there and I had an old audio recorder went without a USB connector, and so to get the sounds off of it, I would have to connect it to another audio recorder that had USB capabilities. So it was a pretty old audio recorder. It was an old Sony audio recorder. But anyway, I strapped that to a stump with the bungee cord and we left those overnight, and then when it came back the next morning, we went back up there the next morning. The peanut butter jar was open, the lid was on, the lid was on the ground, and inside the peanut butter jar were it looked like possible finger holes that dug deep down inside the peanut butter jar, and mostly the peanut butter was scooped out of it. It looked like and there was actually we think our dermer Bridge's fingerprints on the endside of the of the jar. And the peanut butter crackers were all opened, neatly opened. They weren't ripped open like maybe like a bear would do it, but they were neatly opened, and they were all gone. And my audio recorder was still on the stump, and there was no teeth or scratch marks on it, so I didn't think anything messed with it. Well, surprisingly, I went home and I listened to that audio recorder and about an hour after my mother and I left the night before, and it was getting dark by then, by the way, it was still getting dark at around six seven o'clock back then, So an hour after we left, you hear on the recorder you hear a weird humming sound, like a weird feedback kind of a sound, which I've never heard before. And then you can what I think you can hear is a woodnock and a whoop in the background right after it. And then about a few seconds later, you hear this thing. I don't know if it's one or two individuals, but you hear the food being messed with, like eating and messed with. I think that's when you hear the peanut butter jar being opened, and you know whatever it is is getting into the food. And then right after it's doing that, you hear it all. It suddenly stops, and then you hear it go oo, like a real deep, a real deep growl. And what I think happens is I think it sees my audio recorder because I had a little golden light. I think it probably saw that and then all of a sudden, whatever this thing is, it comes over to the art recorder and it's she starts fumbling with it and growling at it as it's fumbling with it while making this humming sound at the same time with its growling, and uh, it just does that for a few seconds and then everything stops and then that's pretty much it of the recording. And you know, again that shocked me because there was no teeth marks, there's no scratch marks on the on the recorder at all. It didn't like to me, it didn't look like it was touched at all. It was still you know, it was still strapped at the stump with a bungee cord. So that really shocked me to I mean, I have to listen to that with the headphones like for the first time, you know, Like it was really shocking to hear that on the audio. So that was my even though I can't say that I was I don't know if that was a bigfoot or not that did that because I didn't see it, But that was the catalyst for me getting into big foot research. And uh, like I said, this happened in twenty fifteen, and I've been researching ever since, so it's it's been about ten years now, and so yeah, that that was just my my start into bigfoot research. And then we went back up on the hill up here and we tried, we tried putting out more food and more audio recorders, but we weren't getting anything. So I think whatever that thing was did not like what we what we put on. It's on its route, so to speak. I don't think it liked you know that we put equipment up there and electronic equipment. I don't think it. I think it thinks that it was you know, it was caught, so to speak, so I think that might have changed the route. I personally think that if it's a Sasquatch, it was probably falling the creek around that ridge up there, because there's like a creek that flows down that whole freaking hill up there, So I think it was following that down the creek. So it was weird because we kept going. We even put a game case I'm up there, and we can't even capture anything. So we kind of abandoned that spot. Because soon afterward they there was some kind of contractor from California came in and bought that part of land up there, and there they logged down a bunch of trees and everything, so it was right now, it's like it's kind of growing back, but the whole forest up there was kind of bowdoles down, So I think if it was a Sasquatch that they totally moved out from that area. So my mother and I were checking the BFRL website for different spots around Washington State that have had sightings and reports, and one of the spots is a lake near us. I don't know if I should say the name of the lake, but it's a pretty popular lake. It's about fifteen minutes away from where I live. But it's had a few sightings up there, especially one I'll just say that where a couple of hikers saw one drinking from a stream and they described it having legs like a Clyde Stale. If anybody knows what I'm talking about, they'll they'll probably know which wake I'm talking about. But there's but there's been siding reports up in there, and in fact, uh there's a reservoir. There's a a watershed and a reservoir up there where they actually take you on these buses so you can take these little tours, and on the tours they'll even mentioned that there's been historic bigfoot reports up there, So I thought that was pretty interesting. And I've also, I think I've believe I've found some possible juvenile footprints up at this slave before, even in the snow. There's we found uh, possible trackways in the snow up there before. So next to this lake, there's a there's a trail that kind of goes up this hill, this little small mountain that's actually next to a smaller lake. And I had a friend that used to live near this hill, and he said he used to hear some weird sounds at night, including owls and some other weird vocalizations. So I went up there with my Golden retriever about a few months later after this event up on my near my house happened. It was still it was in the spring of twenty fifteen. I took my Golden retrievering up there up there with me, and it was in the late afternoon and I was going up this trail up on the hill, and one thing I want to mention is there was a there was an arch, like a limb arch going over the trail This was one of the first things I saw. But I'm not a big I'm not a big guy into stick structures because I don't I think stick structures could be made by many different things, like even naturally. But this thing kind of stood out to me because it was an art that went over the whole trail basically, and it was tinned down on the other side of the trail with another stick, which I thought was really weird. I didn't think it looked natural, and if a person did it, why would a person do it unless they were really bored. But that was really weird for me to see. That was like the first thing I saw when I went up this trail, And so I kept walking on this trail and eventually the trail splits, it goes down another pathway and goes up, and I happened to look to the side of the trail and the gravel and where it was going up, and I thought it saw a possible footprint going coming down this hill, you know, in the opposite direction. But it was it looked like the shape of a footprint in the gravel. You can see the toes, and it looked pretty flat to me, So I said, oh, that's interesting. So I decided to take my dog up this hill, up this trail here. And as we're a few feet up the trail, about fifty yards away from me, up on this ridge we started here, I heard some movement up on this ridge, like something walking, something heavy walking, and my dog actually froze and was looking in that same direction. And the most interesting part of that, part of this for me, is that my dog was My dog was a Golden Retriever and he would chase after everything, you know, like deer elk. I mean, he would he would go after everything that he sees, and this whatever this thing was, he had no he didn't want any part of it. He actually laid down behind me, and he's never done that before, so that was really weird behavior for him. So I looked up on this on this ridge and there was like a there was a row of trees on this ridge, and there was this big, tall, dark thing. I can't couldn't get any detail because it was the trees are pretty close together to each other, but I could see this dark thing moving in between these trees up there on the ridge, and uh, to me, it looked like it was trying to I think it was trying to get a better look at me and my dog. To be honest, that's what it looked like to me. It was like it was kind of slowly pacing through those trees.
Speaker 1: This is this.
Speaker 2: It was trying to be silent and quiet. But you can hear it because you can hear branches breaking, and it sounded heavy to me. When it was walking. You can actually hear like kind of thumps.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: But it was just moving between these trees and uh, and all of a sudden, you just hear it. I don't know. I just I just froze, uh with my dog, and I just stood there. I was hoping if it was a big foot there, it would actually really show itself, but it didn't. It just I think it I think it was I don't know. I think it was confused of what it should do, because at one point it actually stopped and I was waiting for it to show itself, but it didn't. It just stood there and uh, in between the trees. And then all of a sudden, you hear this. You hear walking back into the woods, like you can hear these stumps as it was walking back in the woods, like further back in the woods, like I think it. I think it got tired of looking at me and my dog. I guess, but again, I don't know if it was a big foot. I don't even know if it was a person. But like I said, you can hear the heavy footsteps on it, and it looked tall and dark to me, and you know, and finding that footprint in the gravel and my dog's behavior, my dog laying down behind me was the weirdest thing about that hole, because, like I said, he would chase after anything, any kind of animal, so he knew that there was something odd in front of us. And so after that event happened, and we went back down the hill and it was getting kind of it was getting late in the afternoon, was actually kind of getting dar it was getting late in the afternoon. We ran into a hiker that was coming up with this German shepherd and I ran into him and I said, dude, there's something on this there's something up the hill up here. It's big. I don't know what it is. I don't know if it's a bear. I have no idea, but please be careful. And then surprisingly he goes, he goes, well, had he goes, I have a neighbor that told me that he saw a big foot running through my yard a couple of weeks prior, a couple of weeks ago, he didn't he wasn't surprised of me telling him this. Basically, he was like, he didn't seem shocked at all. And and this neighborhood has actually been talked about on other podcasts before, like other people have had sightings around this neighborhood before, and like I said, they're just BFO BFR reports from this area over the years, So I'm not I guess I shouldn't be too surprised that that might have been a possible sasquatch, But I have no idea that was. That's just one of the strangest things that's ever happened to me. And I was pretty shook up by it too, because you know that that was I mean, if it was a big foot, that was basically my first real bigfoot experience, and it kind of even though I couldn't see it like a class A sighting, it kind of still shook you to the core. It was. It was pretty crazy, especially with my dog's behavior. I can't get over that the fact that he laid down me hint me like that. That was just really odd. So that was my first if you want to call it encounter, again, I can't say it's bigfoot, but it's something unexplainable. But again I I, I guess I'll call it an encounter of something that's unexplainable. And and to go into my next encounter, which is even more perplexing to me, a couple of years later, a couple of years later, my parents and I and my golden retriever went up to this went up to another trail that's two hours two hours away from where. It's two hours into the forest and mountains from where I had that first hill experience with the thing with the peanut butter jar. It's up in that area, but way two hours away from it, and it's in a pretty remote area, but it's two hours away from me. And one afternoon we drove up there to this trail head and there was no other cars there. It's just our car, our car. But again you have to drive really far back in there and lots lots of woods, lots of mountains, so it's pretty remote. And we drove up there one more one afternoon. It was in the for known basically, and we were and I've never been here before. I've never been there before. This trail. I don't know if my parents did. I can't remember if they'd been up there before, but I've never been up there. Anyway, it's like a nature trail. And we were walking on this nature trail up there with my dog and there's a part there's a there's a concrete bridge up there, an old railroad, concrete bridge with four foot rails on five foot five five foot six, so it's like I think there were like four foot rails, concrete rails, and this bridge went over this small stream and river. It was kind of a loud little stream, and I guess you can kind of call it a river because it's kind of pretty loud. The water is pretty loud. But anyway, down below this bridge, there's a there was a sandbar down there, and I really wanted to see those footprints down there, because it looked like a nice little sandbar that could you know, preserved some prints if they were down there. So I asked my parents if it feels okay with them, if they kept walking with my dog up the trail past the bridge, you know, and I went down and if I can go down below and look at the you know, look for footprints. And they said, sure, go ahead. So there was a little trail that went down to the sandbar, and I went down there and my parents kept walking and I was looking around the sandbar, and unfortunately I didn't see any footprints of anything. Actually, I happened to look back up on the to the bridge, and I have no reason. I don't know why I did this, Like, I don't know what made me want to look back up, but I did. I looked back up to the bridge and with the sun shining behind it, I mean, it was kind of illuminated up there. But all of a sudden, I saw this. H I saw the top half of this animal, like the top, like the head and back and shoulders of this animal, Christy, this four foot concrete barrier or rail on the bridge, and it had long and the craziest part about it because I thought it was my golden retriever. It had golden blonde flowing fur or hair coming off of it. Like it was long, longer than any kind of animal that I'm aware of that's in the wild. Like it wasn't an elk, you know, it wasn't a cougar, deer or a bear. I mean in terms of hair length, this thing like it was like a shaggy dog. Basically, it was like a flowing the hair was flowing. It was like long flowing hair on it, you know, And like I said, it was golden, and I thought it was At first. I thought it was like I was wearing, is my golden retriever coming back? But actually the size of it was it looked even bigger than my own dog. So but I just I can just remember the flowing hair on this thing, like as it ran by, it actually came from the direction that my parents walked up to. It was coming back in the opposite direction from where they walked up to. So I personally think that whatever this animal was was spooked by my parents and my dog coming towards it, so to speak. You know, it was probably up there hiding or something and was waiting for you know, me, even me to go down to the you know, down below of the bridge. It was waiting for an opportunity to you know, to sneak by, And so I just happened to catch a few second glimpse of this thing with long flowing golden hair, and like I said, I thought it was my golden retriever and I I ran, I ran right back up the right, right right back up to the bridge, and I tried to follow the thing, but it was long gone. So I went back to the bridge and I waited for my parents to come back, and they came back with my dog, and I said, my dog. My dog's name was Puppy. And I asked him, Puppy to get get away from you at all, and they said, no, he's with us the whole time. So, uh, I don't know what that thing was. But like I said, I don't know if any other animal in the state with that kind of long hair. And unless somebody lost a dog up there, a big dog, I have no idea. But like I said, there was nobody else up there, and you know, it's pretty crazy, like that's the first time I've ever gone to that spot and then that occurs. Well, and one other thing I want to mention when I was up there before I went down below the bridge. I think people experience this too, But when you're near water, water can sometimes make some weird you know, like even voice sounds Like I think when the water hits the rocks. It makes some weird sounds it makes. It makes you think you're hearing voices or something. But I personally think I thought I heard some possible little whoops like coming from the forest ahead of us, But I thought it was maybe the river, the water making that sound. But I thought I heard a possible a couple of whoops coming from that forest ahead of us. But I didn't think too much of it until now looking back on it. You know, I don't know if that I don't know if that went with the thing that I saw. I don't know if that was actually whoops I heard or or what. But I always will remember that too. And yeah, that those two for me, in terms of visual encounters, those are the most significant encounters that I've I guess you could say that I've had. And a possible Bigfoot. I can't explain this thing with the flowing long hair I've I know a few people who have seen blonde, blondish haired bigfoot. And but in terms of the length of the hair, I mean, this thing had to be four four inches there more like in terms of hairlin it was really shaggy, you know, I guess the closest thing is to my go to rechiever. That's the only thing I could think of. But it definitely wasn't a gold to retriever. But the hair color and that kind of hair that I had was pretty close, I guess, but I'll never forget that. That that second one, that second encounter for me is like, you know, I wish I had a camera. I would I had a camera looking at looking for footprints, but when when I saw that thing run across the breavee man, I it was so quick, it happened in like a few seconds. I didn't even think of pointing my camera up there in on my phone to catch a picture of it. But I wish I did. I wish I was filming that because that was that was really crazy to see. You know, you would expect like a gear or an elg to run by, but you don't expect an animal with that kind of hair, that kind of length of hair, and that kind of color of hair to run by. So in terms of visual encounters, yeah, those who were the most significant for me. Over the years, I've been camping all over Washington State, including a place called Bumping Lake, which I know I've told another podcast and I've captured I think some possible chatter and vocalizations at different campsite at primitive campsites out there. And the most significant event that happened to me was in July July eighteenth, twenty twenty, when my mother and I were camping in a primitive camp up there called California Camp. And it was just my mother and I up in this camp and at two o'clock in the morning, we were sleeping in our tents. In our tent, we slept in one tent two o'clock in the morning, this really loud will pal. It sounds pretty close to the Snowhomish recordings from the seventies. That's as soon as I heard it. It woke me up out of sleep. But as soon as I heard it, I knew what it was like, I had a feeling. I knew what it was. It was. It was a really, really loud whoopal, kind of similar to the snow Almost recordings. And then after that thing shines off you hear on the recording, you hear, well, this was a lot of thing I've ever heard in person. It was like being at a concert. It was so loud, but you hear like these possible female and possible children vocals falling in it, following in it like the male vocal would chime off first and then like the female, possible female and kid vocals. It was like an opera. It was like a chorus. I call it the chorus audio. Well, these things they are extremely loud. This went on for thirty minutes and NonStop, and like I said, it was it was like being at a concert. There was a lot of thing I've ever heard ever, and unfortunately my mother didn't have the best hearing and in fact, you can hear it in the odd in the full recording. I was I was really frustrated that she couldn't hear this because she wanted me to wake her up if I heard anything, and I woke her up and I was asking her, could you hear this? Can you hear this? And she said no, she couldn't. But it was the loudest thing I've ever heard. It was. I mean, I can't imagine anybody hoaxing me with those kind of sounds. I've never heard anything like that in my life. I've never heard any recordings like that. So if somebody was call blasting these sounds or hoaxing me in some way, they did a really good job, because you would have to have a heck of a pair of lungs to do with these things were doing, and to do this for thirty minutes NonStop was insane to hear. And you know, I was scared in those moments, but at the same time, really I just wanted to listen. I just sat there and listened and h well, I tried to I tried to listen. I was still kind of talking to my mom, like trying to get her to listen to these sounds, which she couldn't, so that was frustrating me. But I was too scared to get on my tent. I didn't want to go look to see what these what was making these sounds, And in fact, where these sounds were coming from was in another what I believe was another primitive camp spot behind on the other side of the road from our campsite. I think they're coming from a swamp area. There's like a swamp metal area in this other primitive camp spot that was behind us, and I personally think some if not all, of those were coming from that spot, and those were pretty close to the lake itself too, So maybe there was one at the lake and then maybe the other ones were at the swamp. I'm not totally sure, but but the acoustics of this area was insane. It was just because you have this mountain range, you have the lake, and then you have the mountain range on two different sides, so like the amount of sound it was just incredible. It was I don't know, like I said, you wrapped it. You would have to have the biggest pair of lungs ever to do what these things are doing. And for thirty minutes, NonStop, it's just like NonStop, no rest basically. So for me, that was like the biggest moment for me in terms of bigfoot research. And unfortunately, there's been some wildfires in this in that area. In fact, about a year after this occurred, there was a wildfire that kind of devastated the area, and just about a the past couple of weeks there's been another fire that's gone through that area. So if there's bigfoot around, I think it might have scared them off or moved them around, because I didn't ever since that event, I didn't get much activity in those in in that camp spot and in those surrounding spots, So I think wildfires have a major impact on on the Sasquatch up. That's what I was hearing. And like I said, uh, and before July twenty twenty, I was capturing some chatter and in weird vocalizations and other camp spots around there. I think they were observing. I think they're observing people at the campfire. And uh, I was putting up bott recorders. Like there's a one of the other camp spots called Rock Camp. There's a little hill and it over this little hill overlooks the camp spot campsite, and then it overlooks the uh, the main campfire, and we have little camp outs there and I would put the recorders up on the hill there. And if these were Sasquatch, I think the juvenile Sasquatch were coming in and they're watching us. And I was capturing these weird language sounds on there, like native sounding sounds. It didn't sound like the Sierra sounds. It sounded more like some kind of weird native primitive language. To me, I'm not saying the Sierra sounds aren't real, but I'm just saying I've never heard the Sierra sounds before. And actually I the Sierra sounds is something I wanted to capture up on the hill next to our house up here. I was hoping to get that on audio. Of course we've got something else, so so yeah, I know, I've been around all over Washington State. I'm in different lakes and trying to find footprints. I found many possible juvenile footprints along these lakes, including Bumping Lake and the lake that's near us. I think the juveniles will frequent those lakes for whoever reasons. I have no idea why, but maybe they're looking for crawfish or fish and or other things. But I do think the bigfoot do like the lakes, and I think there's a lot of activity around those lakes. And I don't know. I'm still waiting for my confirmation siting. You know, I've been doing this for ten years now, and I don't know. I mean, you kind of get a little bit of a burnout, so to speak, you know, for doing this for this long. And I don't know what needs to happen for a confirmation siting for me, you know. I you know, some people will say, well, what about that audio that you captured, isn't that enough? I'm like, well, I still want the confirmation setting. I you know, I feel like I spent a lot of time and money and effort doing this, just like everybody else is doing in this subject. And I don't know these things. They're just so elusive. It's uh, I don't know. I if I if I never, if I never get a confirmation siding fine, I mean, I know what happens with people. But right now I'm kind of just taking a break from researching. I need to, I guess I need to refocus myself. And one other thing I want to mention is, uh, there's a one of our We have a research area up on this mountain here about ten minutes away from us, and we we captured something on a plot watcher and actually in August twenty twenty to me, it looks like a gorilla on all fours. We put a plotwatch up on this up on the stump that kind of overlooks this little goalie up on this mountain mountain up here, and I wanted to go up to this mountain because it kind of it's kind of similar to the hill that's up above our house over here. I think I think the Sasquatch like high places, and they'll travel to these little high places they like being high up and you know, if you got water and if you got food sources around, that's the perfect environment for them. So we went up on the small mountain over here and we put up this plot watcher. A plot watcher is a a camera that will I don't know even know if they make these anymore, but it's a camera that would take these still photographs like every five seconds, and then when you watch it back, it'll be like a time lapse video, so it will go by really like when you're watching it, it goes by really quickly. But but we put a we put this plotwatcher up on the stump overlooking the scully because down in the goalie there there was a we were finding some possible footprints, like a lot of traffic down in this goalie part in the in the ground, and so we wanted to try to capture whatever was walking through there. And on the plot watcher, you see this gorilla. To me, it looks like a gorilla on all fours running by, running through the goalie, like going from left to right, and you only see it for a few Like I said, when you watch it back, it's in frames. It's not in FULK video. But to me, it doesn't look like a bear. There are black bear up there, but to me, this doesn't look like a bear. It looks more like a gorilla. And other people who have viewed it also think it could be something other than a bearer. But in terms of like visual something captured visually, that's really the only thing significant that we have. And it's unfortunate that it's in frames like that, and it's in seven to twenty p it's not the best resolution, and the subject's kind of far when a plot watcher is far away from the object, but you can see it. Whatever this thing is is big, you know, looks like I say, it looks like a gorilla running an all fours, a squadrupedal. It looks like it has a human way gorilla form to it in my opinion. So so yeah, you know, I I've been doing this for ten years and I and I'm happy with some of the things I've captured, but at the same time I don't At the same time, I'm not really I still am not sure that I have bigfoot, Like I don't know if I have bigfoot on this audio or these pictures in video. I still don't know. What's making these footprints. So that's the frustrating part for me. You know, I've been doing this for ten years and I'm not I've captured some things, but I don't know what it is. You know, I can't say for sure it's bigfoot, that's right. Actually I tell people, you know, with my evidence that or if you want to call it evidence, maybe data maybe maybe maybe a better word is data. But it's it's tough to collect all this data over the years and you can't really say for sure it's bigfoot, but it's unexplainable it could be. So, you know, like I said, right now, I'm kind of taking a break from the subject. I just need I just need time to regroup myself and figure out what to do next, because I've been I've been researching all over the place. I've been going on a lot of camp outs and but lately, unfortunately, I haven't had much If you want to collectivity happen. So I just need to refocus and figure out what to do next. And oh and one other thing I want to mention. My mother found some possible bigfoot scat near near Mountaineer a few years ago, and the scat is as big as a coke can. We actually have an in a freezer in our basement, went in our garage actually, but she collected two scat samples and they're pretty big. Definitely not a bear. It's pretty much like double the size of a human sky but really large. And she found that twenty feet from a gifting stump that she had. She was gifting more food in an area near Mountaineer and she happened to find a scat twenty feet away from a gifting stump that she had, And that was around twenty seventeen and we've had that ever since in an inn freezer downstairs. And like I said, they're the size of a coke can. So and we've had a researcher look at him and he thinks they're he thinks it's probably bigfoot. So in terms of physical evidence like that, that's really physical evidence. It's really the only thing that we have that we have other than some casts. But I don't even of those casts that we have a footprints are or bigfoot. We even have a we even have a small juvenile possible juvenile hand cast too that we cast a pumping lake. But yeah, I mean, I've been really into audio. I've been really into capturing audio, and uh, you know, I I love doing it, but it's really a pain because you got to sit there and you got to listen through hours and hours of audio to find something and then you know, when you find something that's cool, but you know, it's a it's a long process, and uh, you know, I really love doing I really love capturing audio. But when you don't capture audio, yeah, like I I haven't really captured anything significant in a while, so it's been it's been pretty frustrating for me. But yeah, like I said, where I am now, I'm just kind of taking a break from the subject in terms of research and just for or not what to do next. And hopefully, hopefully soon I have that confirmation sighting if and when I get back out there. But you know, it's been it's been an interesting journey so far. You know, whoever thought I would been able to capture things I have that I have captured, never would have thought that would have happened, especially those vocals that are bumping like the chorus audio those That was the most insane thing I've ever heard in my life. Ah, And I hope other people get to experience that because it's I mean again, if somebody was hoaxing me, if somebody was hoaxing me with those vocals, somehow they did a really good job because it's I don't know, that was just the most insane thing I've ever heard. So and uh, you know, and going forward, I'm hoping to make a an audio library. I would love to make an audio library, like a database where like everybody, like even David Ellis, Chris Spencer and o the people that that capture and get audio from people, maybe we can create a database together of possible bigfoot sounds, you know, kind of like kind of like a database like you know, like you know, they have the Autobond or you know, the different wildlife audio databases out there, so maybe we can make one for possible bigfoot. I think that would be very helpful for people. And so that's one of my goals other than getting in confirmation setting. And yeah, that's my story right now. Honestly, it's been a heg of a journey.
Speaker 1: It sure sounds like it's been Wow, I'll tell you. In my opinion, you're just a humble investigator. Tristan It doesn't give himself nearly enough credit. For his accomplishments. But I'll tell you what, I'm impressed. That's a fact. And you talk about you want to have a confirmation siding, well, in my opinion, you already had one at that railroad bridge.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I guess that's true, because again I can't I can't explain what that was, you know, and you know I've seen I've seen, I've seen everything around here. I've seen deer Mountain, lion bear, and I know I know that wasn't any of those kind of things. So you're probably right that probably was my confirmation signing. I just I guess I just want to see that face. You know, I always want to see a big foot face. So the fact that I didn't get to see the face frustrates me. I know I say frustrated a lot, but that's that frustrated me. But you're right, that's probably was my confirmation siding for sure, because I've never seen anything like it since. But you know, I I just want to see, like I want to see the face of a bigfoot, to be honest, I just that's part of it. And maybe I'll regret asking for that because you know, I've been camping in my car lately. That's I'm kind of gotten out of the whole tent thing and I've been camping in my car and one of my fears is waking up and seeing a face in the window. You know. But I do want to see a face, I really do. I just want to see a big foot face. I'm going to look at it. And I know people say don't look at it in the eyes, but I don't know. I kind of feel like I need that. I don't know that kind of will really solidify the whole thing for me if I if I actually see the face looking at me. So but I think you're right, Vick. I think that probably was so far that would be my confirmation sighting. Yes, the thing with the flowing hair, I don't Again, I don't know what that was. It was. That was crazy to see, too.
Speaker 1: Man. Crazy is a good way to sum it up. And you know it is, the more money you get, the more things you want. That's just human nature. I mean, that had to be the best way to describe that experience. Was incredible. That was an incredible experience you had. I'm wondering though, if you were below that raarroad bridge, but you could still see the creature running past on all fours over that four foot wall. If it wasn't a big foot, what do you think it could have been?
Speaker 2: Right, that's a that's a good question. You know, only what what is something that big and that's tall running? Yeah, it was on all fours. It wasn't It wasn't a bipedal. It wasn't upright walking. It was like, you know, it was hunched over running. I guess it was pretty close to what I captured on the plow washer in terms of being running in all fours. I don't know what it could have been. You know, there's no there's no other animal that I can think of that's that large and with that kind of hair, the golden not to mention the color of the golden color, but just to the length of the hair on it like a main you know, it's like actual like main hair. Uh, it's just flowing in the wind. You know. It's like it's somebody who hasn't cut their hair in years. That's what it looked like. So what other animal around Washington State? I have no idea. It wasn't a fox, obviously it wasn't. You know, you can go through the whole lineup of animals around there, and I just can't you can't pinpoint it, especially like you said, the size of it. Yeah, it was the top, you know, the top of the head and back and shoulders of it was crushing the barrier four foot barrier four foot rail on the bridge up there, you know. And I'm five foot five, five foot six, and the fact that I was able to see that that says a lot. So Yeah, And the funny thing is, I've been back up there with my mom since then, and we haven't seen or heard anything up there. I even put recorders out in that area and I've never gotten anything. In fact, she took a bad fall up there one time and I had to take her to the hospital. She was okay, But yeah, I don't know, I guess. And that's the other thing too, I haven't really I haven't been back to that spot in a while. And I haven't even been back to the first spot with where I saw that thing through, you know, between the trees, with my dog. I mean, I haven't even really been back up there in a while because I think there's been a lot more people up in that area, and I think it's been too crowded. I think there's been too many people going up there. And again, if if it's bigfoot up in that spot, I think they've probably moved out because of the you know, the population of people and how popular that lake is up there.
Speaker 1: Well, I wouldn't be surprised if they're still around. They just come out at night when most of the people are gone. And talking about that second sighting, you had something to not lose sight of as a fact that not only did you see it above that four foot wall, but you were below the bridge, so that makes it even bigger yet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure, man, for sure, it was definitely bigger. Yeah, because I don't even know if my dog would have you know, if that was my dog, I don't think that. I don't think of what I would have seen as much as I did of it. So you're right right, it probably probably could have been. It probably was a big foot, maybe a juvenile, that's my guess. It might have been a juvenile. And like I said, I heard possible whoop sounds before that happened, And I don't know if it was the river that I heard, but it sounded like whoops to me, like small whoops, So I don't know. Maybe there's something to it there, but yeah, that image of the thing running across the bridge is burned in my mind and I'll never forget it. It only happened for a couple of seconds, but I'll never forget that.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm sure you never will. And that siding right there is exactly why you're here in the show tonight. Yeah, you saw a sasquatch. Whether you want to admit it or not acknowledge that fact or not, you saw a sas watch and like I said, that's why you're here tonight. So just wanted to make sure you're clear on that. And even if it was a giant dog up on that bridge, you're below the bridge, like we've already established, you definitely wouldn't have even seen a giant dog, a giant breed up on top of that bridge. If there was a four foot wall and you're below the bridge, yeah, you wouldn't have seen a giant breed. So that really narrows down the possibilities. But let's narrow it down even further. You said that you saw its head, shoulders, and upper back from behind it. How would you describe its shoulders though? Were they wied like a humans shoulder structure or were they narrow kind of like a canitz.
Speaker 2: Well, like I said, it was like the top half of it, like the very top half of it, it really looked I didn't see any there weren't any points. It was more rounded. Everything was rounded on it. Like the top of the head. There was no pointed. It wasn't a pointed head. It was more like a rounded head, rounded shoulders and back. It was really rounded looking. But again the hair on it is what uh, the flowing hair like. There was definitely more hair up front, like like I said, almost like a maine I guess, than in the back part, although the butt part that was a little bit longer hair in a way. God, it was just really rounded looking. It was nothing pointed. It's just a lot of hair or fur, I don't know what. I don't know if it was hair refer but it was just a lot of that. Like I said, the shape of it was really rounded. You can't really get any feature. I couldn't get any features on really distinct features of it. But like I said, you could see the top, like the very top of the head, the shoulder, back, it's just really rounded looking, just with a lot of hair and fur flowing behind it. But you know, the color of it, like the golden color of it is something that really stands out to me, Like you know, like I don't even know if it was really blonde and somehow I just saw more red or maybe it was a mixture of red and blonde to make this golden kind of color, but that really stood out to me. Well, like I said, man, it was so quick. It was like a couple of seconds. Like you can't really I can't get as much detail from it, but just the top parts, like just top parts of the head and shoulders, like it was just a real top part of it. All the distinct features were below. I guess the barrier there, I just saw a bunch of it was really more just a bunch of hair flowing, golden hair flowing. So but like I said, the size of it, like you're telling me the size of cresting the four foot wall was something so uh so yeah, I mean, if it was juvenile, maybe that maybe they're more rounded, I guess, not so much pointy. But it was such a it was like a couple of seconds. It was such a quick glimpse of this thing and like I said, they had the the sun is behind it. It was actually kind of illuminating it actually, Uh maybe that's why I helped give it it's more golden glow. But yeah, still I'm thinking about it right now. It's still so weird. Uh you know what happens for a couple of seconds too. I wish it was longer and I was just filming. I had my camera in my hand, just didn't think of pointing it up there because I wasn't expecting. You don't expect that to happen when you look up my short sec didn't. I was just looking up to go, okay, Tom, go back up to the bridge. Then you see this thing running cross from where my parents were walking too. So so yeah, I mean that's the thing, like, when you get a couple of second glimpses of something like that, it's it's hard to get as much detail, to recount as much detail like that, because all I was thinking of, what's that hair? Was like why is the hair so long on this thing? Like what is that? Why does it look like? Why is the hair look like my dog's hair? In a way that really perplexed me most man, was the length of the hair, Like, what is that?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 2: I was expecting maybe like an elk or something, But they don't got long hair like that. So what in the wild out here in Washington has that? That was just I don't know. That was just so weird, weird to.
Speaker 1: Me, A sasquatch has that? To answer your question, for sure?
Speaker 2: For sure, that's right.
Speaker 1: And let's nail this down even further. How much further below the top lip of that wall on that bridge would you say your head was? And how far away from the wall were you was your head?
Speaker 2: Well? I was like really down. I mean just like when I'm up there or down below.
Speaker 1: When you're down below, how how many feet below the top of that wall would you say your head was when you saw it? And also how far away would you say your head was from that wall?
Speaker 2: Uh? Boy, that's pretty far up. I'm not the best with numbers. Maybe more than boy, I don't know, maybe fifteen feet down or fifteen twenty feet down. Maybe I had to look up. I'm not the best with numbers in distance, But like I was, I was not right below the bridge, I was kind of far away from it on the sandbar, looking up at it at an angle I actually like it was, you know, coming down the hill from the bridge down to the sandbar is kind of a little It was quick, but you know, it was a few feet down. Like I feel like, I don't know if they're right. I don't know if fifteen twenty feet is right, but that's what That's what it kind of feels like to me. I mean, it's probably more or less than that, but well, I mean I really have to look up at you know, I really had to look up, really look up at it at an angle from where I was. I wasn't like right below the bridge, I was. I mean, I was below the bridge, but you know, I was a little bit further way on the sandbar from it at an angle. So it's kind of tough to say. I can't say for sure how many feet down. I'm just guessing, and like I said, I'm only like five five five five six, but going down this bridge, like you kind of have to kind of trek down a little bit down this little path to get down to the sandbar. So again, I could be wrong about the numbers on this, but I'm just guessing. I probably should back there and actually try to measure that, but it's been so many years, man, I haven't been back there in years.
Speaker 1: Oh that's all right, that's no biggie there. I'll tell you what though, Like they say, your first guess is normally the most accurate one. And if your head was close to being fifteen feet below the top edge of that wall and you could still see it even if you were a good distance away, your head is still fifteen feet below the top of the wall, and if you could still see it running by, that had to make it probably pretty close to six feet Although how close did it seem like it was to the wall when you saw it?
Speaker 2: Pretty close? I mean I think it was. Well, maybe because of the angle I was at, it kind of messed with my perception perspective. I think it was pretty close to the wall, but maybe the size of it kind of messes with that, you know. Maybe it was more closer in the middle between you know, like in the middle of the trackway there, of the of the of the of the bridge railroad bridge. But I think it was pretty close to that. I Well, again, maybe it was the size of it that made me think of that, you know, because maybe it was actually wider, you know, so maybe that's why it kind of seemed like it was closer to the wall edge, but maybe it was wide. You know, I couldn't tell how wide it was. So maybe it was actually a lot larger than I thought it was. And so maybe that's why, maybe that's what appeared more closer to the you know, to the barrier. But he said, yeah, for it to crest the barrier, it's crazy. Probably was six feet, you know, and if it was on all well, it wasn't all for us. I'm just saying, if it's wen on all fours and it's at six feet, I can't imagine what it's like, you know, if it's bipedle exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if it's close to six feet tall on all four is that you're talking about it? Ten eleven, twelve foot or so? Yeah, that was a big one, I'd say. But as it was running by, I know it was a railroad bridge, but could you hear its feet impacting the bridge?
Speaker 2: No? No, And I actually think the water, the running water, it kind of helped that because well and also I don't know if the concrete, like the concrete part of the bridge kind of I don't know. I I've never I never really paid attention to like if your footsteps, you know, will make sounds up there, like you know, how how loud you know footsteps will be on that bridge. But I think the water was kind of masking any kind of sound because it was pretty The water itself is pretty loud, you know, That's what That's all I was hearing. So I think the water might have been masking any kind of sound that it was making as it was running by, because it was so like, you know, I didn't think anything. I didn't hear it or anything like that. I just happened to glance up and look at the bridge and see the same running by, So I didn't know. I didn't hear any any any sound, like any footsteps or anything like that as was running. It was totally silent. And again I'm probably I think I I think the reason is because of the water, the rushing water through there, because you know, it was pretty loud. The water is pretty loud for there, So maybe that's that's another reason why he was able to do that, because you know, the water was masking that it sound. And and also I've heard that you know, a big foot are actually also silent too. Sometimes when you know you don't even hear them come up to you or anything like that, so different factors could have been involved there. But no, I didn't hear it at all. I just happened to glance up and look and happen to catch this thing running across the bridge for a couple of seconds. So it seemed like all of the right elements were you know what I mean, Like everything was all in place for it to sneak by, so to speak. You know, it's opportunity, and it did it. You know, it took its chance.
Speaker 1: Oh of course it did. Yeah, these guys are masterful at taking advantage of everything in the environment around them, so that doesn't come as a surprise at all. I'm wondering, though, not knowing how long that bridge was or how fast the subject was running, I would just say that the sasquatch was running. Did you ever have yourge to try to put yourself in a position where you could have seen the subject more clearly? Or was it running so fast or was the bridge so short that doing that wouldn't have been possible.
Speaker 2: Well, the angle that was that was it was impossible for me to run right back up to the bridge, like run back up this little trail up onto the bridge. You know, it's kind of an incline to get back up there and down because it happened so quickly, like a couple of seconds, and I wouldn't have been able to I wouldn't have been able to get up there quick enough to see it. And like I said, I tried to get a beat on it, Like I ran down that trail to catch a beat on it. It was long gone. No I I there was. I don't think it was any I'm trying to remember. I don't think there's any way. I wouldn't have been able to see it any better for my position down there, because that concrete bridge kind of took up the whole line of sight, so to speak. And like I said, I mean, I happened to just be looking in one spot on that bridge and happen to see it. So I just kind of get I guess I wasn't in the right line of sight to get a better look at it. I wish I was, but I just wasn't in the right spot, I guess, you know, to see its face or to see the front of it or anything like that. Just the top half of it, very tip top half of it. It was so quick, man, that thing was so quick, just just to see it for a couple of seconds, like the like blind seconds. Yeah, it was so fast. It took its chance, man, like you knew when to take its chance. And I actually think I think, I think maybe when I saw my dog, I think I also might have spooped it out of fighting because I hear you know, I don't think bigfoot like dogs, so maybe that kind of freaked them out, along with my parents walking up to it.
Speaker 1: I guess, well, I think it's more of a function of them realizing that if you have a knid with you, the dogs are much more likely to detect them than what a person is. So I think that that's kind of what puts them off right there, more so than anything else. But I could be wrong. I mean, I can't think for these guys. But what I do know is I think you should be commended for the job you did. You didn't have much time to collect as many details as you could, but you still did that. You noticed all sorts of things that a lot of people would have missed. So, like I said, you should be commended for that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you. Well, I mean, you know, like I said, like, when you see a striking image like that, it's kind of burned in your mind. But you know, you kind of hate it that it don't happen for a couple of seconds. You wish you got a longer look at it. But yeah, yeah, well I appreciate that. Yeah, I'm happy to share it. You know, I'm kind of again the fact that, well, I know you, I know you tell me it's a big foot, but the fact that I can't confirm it myself that it's a big foot. It's kind of tough to tell people about it because, you know, I don't know what to tell them, like, yeah, that's a bigfoot or not. But I saw something. I saw something I can't explain it, and something I've never seen before out here, and I've been you know, I've been researching out in these woods for so many years, and I've never seen anything like that before. So it's something that, you know, something to share and something to tell other people, and I'm happy to do it, happy to get it out there. And I'm hoping I can go back to up this trail sometime soon, just to just check out the area and see if the bridges see what the bridge looks like maybe I can get better measurements of the bridge. You know, maybe I can go back to the where I was standing, or pretty close to where I was standing, and you know, maybe take a picture, you know, maybe get better measurements.
Speaker 1: I hope you can do that sometime. That'd be great if you could. And understand, Tristan, I don't ask eyewitnesses to tell me what it was that they saw. I just want them to tell me what happened when they had their experiences. Just put the facts out there. What did you see, what did you hear, What did you smell? What did you experience? And let that evidence speak for itself. And that's what you've done. And guess what you saw a sasquatch?
Speaker 2: Yeah, And you know what, And speaking of smell, we didn't smell anything. I didn't smell. I don't recall smelling anything even when when even when we when we went back up to when I went back up to the bridge, and when my parents came back, I don't recall ever smelling anything odd. So not to say that Bigfoot always has a bad odor, but that's I'm glad you brought that up to smell, because I don't recall any kind of smell, so I thought that was an interesting thing too.
Speaker 1: Well, that's one of the things about sasquatch. Some people are almost right up on them and they don't smell anything. Other people are a distance away and they smell that horrible stink. I think they have what are called apocrine glands underneath their arm pits, the same way gorillas do. That they can turn on and turn off to emit that odor. But I could be wrong about that. It's just so hard to know it really is. But I'll tell you what, Tristan. We are out of time, so I guess I'm gonna call it. But before I do, you mentioned the vocalizations that you recorded. Is there any way that the listeners can check those out?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't have a I don't have a website for with them or anything like that, but I've I've been included in some documentaries. I'll I'll just say one documentary that they're included in called Search for Save Bumping Lake. They can look that up and they have a clip of my audio on there, so that's where people can go listen to it. But yeah, it's out there, there's clips of it out there. If they want to listen to it, and I just want to tell people that that really happened. Those vocals really happened, and you know, thirty minutes NonStop. You know, again, if somebody was hoaxing me, they did a really good job. Because I don't know, it's up at two in the morning. Somehow call blasting those kinds of sounds for thirty minutes with that kind of lung capacity. And not to mention the multiple individuals that you can hear in the audio, the female possible kid vocals that you hear crazy stuff, crazy stuf.
Speaker 1: Of what I'll do is I'm going to get with you after we wrap here, and if you can send me a link or we can check out those audio recordings, then I'll just post that link in the description for tonight's show. That'll make it really easy.
Speaker 2: Sounds good. That sounds good?
Speaker 1: All right? Great, Well, like I told you before, we did this. Thanks so much for your time. I really do appreciate it, appreciate you coming on to tell us about those experiences as well. And in the future, if I can never help you out, please let me know.
Speaker 2: Well. I really appreciate it, Vick, and thank you for contacting me, and I'm sorry I kind of jumped around. I jumped around a little bit, but I was just trying to remember all these things that you know, that I've experienced and collected, So I was just trying to get those in as much as I could. But I really appreciate it, and it was great to talk to you and hope to speak to you again.
Speaker 1: Well it's been great talking with you, so having said that, thanks again so much, and have a great night. That's it for another episode of Bigfoot Eyewitness Radio with Vic Kundiff. If you've had a sasquatch encounter and would like to be a guest on the show, please go to Bigfoot eyewitness dot com and submit a report.
Speaker 2: We'd love to hear from you. Thanks for listening, have a great night.