Speaker 1: I am. I am broadcasting from the mountains of North Carolina. We're doing that this week, and we're going to be throughout the week. We're gonna be talking to a bunch of people from around western North Carolina. And the goal of this broadcast is to you know, really talk about what's going on in western North Carolina, what it's going to be, you know, for tourist season, which is the lifeblood of so many of the communities up here. And now I'm up at in Asheville. We have an Higheart facility up in Ashville, and so you know that facilitated a broadcast location. But I want to stress while we're going to talk about obviously Ashville, I want to talk about Swannanoa and Canton and Banner Elk and all of these areas that to some in some way, shape or form, were impacted by Helene. And this is the first time that I had gone to Back Cave, Chimney Rock, some of those areas. I didn't just buzz up the main highway here. I wanted to spend some time this weekend driving around and looking how to you you don't realize until you see it how bad it was in some of these areas. I mean, I know, we have photos and we have video, and it is the modern age. But being able especially on the highway that cuts up there through Chimney Rock or I should say areas that used to be Chimney Rock, and having been there on numerous occasions and stayed there, and you know, just over the years around Lake Lure and other places, and then being able to stand there and remember, you know, there was a there was a lot of a lot of towns that run right up on the river. They have like stilted like restaurants and stuff. So if you go to like Sparta An areas, so those stuff like that's gone. It's just good because the river's different now. And so now these communities are having to figure out what they're doing. And so while on one side it fundamentally things that I remember, you know, cafes, going to eat at h where a cabin a roade up to a cabin that I had rented a couple of times, like that's it's not there, or if it is there, it's now. It's now very different. And while so much has been in some areas has been rebuilt or I should say refurbished and cleaned and they're getting back to business. It's not going to look the same in some instances, although they are doing a hell of a job trying to do what it is that they need to do. It's really it's kind of it's mind blowing, man, especially that area, because it's just a funnel, right. So if you understand the topography there, and I'm sure most of you do, that whole secondary road that comes down through Back Cave and Chimney Rock there, I mean, it's essentially just a canyon and so you know, well, it's going to funnel all that water through there and literally change the course of roads and rivers and things like that. Now, I did get some stats talking to people, I think right now from a tourism a Western North Carolina tourism perspective, in the southern part of western North Carolina, they estimate that about eighty five percent of hospitality and tourism businesses are reopening in some capacity in some way. So we're talking hotels, restaurants, breweries, you know, cabin cabin places, some of the music venues, the outfitters that are out here. If you like to do the tubing, maybe on the New River, things like that. But I was really struck because I had not been back to many of these areas following what happened with Helene, and it was it's it's really powerful to understand. But on the flip side, you talk to the people, you know, the restaurants that I stopped and ate at yesterday and some of the areas I was driving around, a couple of the stores that I popped into, right they're they're really excited to get back to this because obviously financially, this is the lifeblood of a good part of this. So that's that's what we're going to be talking about this week. We have a series of guests that'll come through and and that's the reason for the season. Okay, and then obviously we have you know, lots of news to get into this morning as well, But I just wanted to kind of scene set what's going on and what we're doing and very happy about that we do have. I want to thank to our sponsor for you know, making this happen and facilitating lodging and everything so that we can pull this off. With Heywood Park Hotel and Cambria and the ownership group there, they have been great to partner with and thank you very much to them for helping us with this broadcast. And I will let you know and we will do this at the end of the week. On Friday, we are going to be giving away a multi night package with food and all of that for a you know, like a weekend vacation opportunity with that hotel group. So we'll give you details as we go, but be listening for that. We'll do an on air giveaway on Friday. We'll let you know the details. So all right, so there's the scene set and like I said, we're going to cover a lot of ground throughout the week, but obviously we got some big news we got to get into this morning real quick. Ross. What'd you do this weekend? Buddy?
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, it's fantastic. Just enjoyed time with my family Father's Day. Do you get a tie or no? A me like a Bible come panion type thing. And it's like, oh I saw that, yeah, yeah, yeah, I saw you post that. So what's it called again.
Speaker 1: The Bible Companion?
Speaker 2: I don't know. It's got like maps and timelines and like pitching in the spirit of destiny. Right, it's pretty awesome.
Speaker 1: I don't have a spirit of destiny.
Speaker 2: No, I don't think so. Oh okay, but I eight way too much. Yesterday is for sure, Well that's what yesterday's for, right, Probably not gonna absolutely, I'm not gonna eat today at all.
Speaker 1: Dude. I saw some dads that were getting down, like because I ate it. An Italian restaurant called Strata yesterday in Ashville, and uh, it was all all the dads are up and they're just gorging themselves and like bowling AI's and stuff, just having a grand old time.
Speaker 2: I felt like super weird this weekend because it seemed like everybody was on like either like I'm on, like I'm team Parade or I'm team Protest and I'm like, I'm tall, stay at home and relax and do nothing.
Speaker 1: That's me. Yeah, yeah, I was. Social media is something right now, that's the word I'll use something. It's something then. But yeah, I think there was a lot of people were dude, the US Open finish yesterday, right, holy crap? Huh you know what I mean? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I saw posts that were very like confusing the hell out of me, that were like these funny meme posts about how Tiger went Woods won or something, and I'm like what do you mean Tiger Woods won? And I looked into it and I figured out what they were talking about. Like, I guess there was some sort of rain delay and they were showing like an old broad they were showing the two thousand and eight. Yeah, because I happened.
Speaker 1: I was watching they Yeah, they had a rain delay and then they put on the two thousand and you know what, It's so funny because I in my head when I saw that they were showing the third round of two thousand and eight, which was it was an amazing round like Tiger, because Tiger, it was one of the I can't remember it was one of the Spanish or Latin American golfers was winning, one of the older guy, I can't remember who it was, and like Tiger just did what Tiger does, right, He's just like I'm gonna make this shot that nobody can make, and they just made like three of those. But they were showing that. I'm like, somebody's gonna be really Confusedah.
Speaker 2: They were saying, like, you know, dad's are going to be waking up from their father's staying app looking at the TV, going wait what Tiger?
Speaker 1: Yeah what so but no the but the the end of the actual tournament. So you want to talk about the tale of two things. So this guy named JJ Spahn, who's you know, unless you really kind of watch it most people, he's not a household name, right, And so he shot a forty on the front nine. Okay, that's you're done at that point. Normally you're done you shoot a forty in the final round, especially when you're playing a US Open course where it's really hard to score, let alone a US open course that's one of the hardest in rotation set up in one of the hardest ways it's ever been set up, and it's raining. You should have forded year cooked. And he hit a shot into the green, which was a good shot. It just unfortunately hit the flag stick. And there's a meme of his face watching this ball, which should have been great, bounce back, catch the slope, catch another slope, catch a third slope, and just just anguish in his face. And it turned into a meme in the first half of yesterday, they're like that face, right, and everyone was posted it, And I kind of felt bad for the dude because he really didn't do anything wrong, like he just sometimes you hit the flagstick man, sometimes you hit it so close you get screwed on it, which is just fun in the game of golf. And at that point he should have been done. That should have been the end of it. And you know, for a lot of golfers yesterday they were like they were not dealing with One of the golfers went into the History clubhouse at Oakmont allegedly, I don't know if this is super confirmed, although it sounds like they've already banned him. Wyndham Clark went in and took his frustration out on these lockers and like destroyed some lockers, which you know you can't have. I accidentally dropped a seven iron in a lake before, never to be seen again. Maybe maybe, but that's my club into that lake. That's my constitutional right. You can't go in and destroy equipment, especially at a club like Oakmont. I don't care if you're a PJ golfer. So look, dudes were dudes were super super upset with the way it's going. And JJ spond had every right, Yeah, here we go. He shot a forty on the front, he had a he started bogie bogie bogie, par bogie bogie, right, So like he should be done and then he shot thirty two on the back and was able to pull it out. And then the craziest part is it's the eighteenth hole. He actually has a cushion, right, He's got a cushion. He could two putt and if he two putts, he wins. If he three putts, he would have gone to a playoff with the guy McDonald. And so they have the cut shot of the dude watching he hits it on the farthest position away on the green, like it's sixty five feet I think. So it is a challenge just to lag it close enough so that you ensure that that second shot will go in to win it. So he goes back there and he had to hit it so hard he hold the damn thing out. He made a sixty five put putt on one of the hardest greens in some of the worst conditions for it, after a guy had just blown it by previously because of the downslope there, and he hold that thing. It's it is. It will likely if they were if they put lists together of you know, famous major moments. JJ Spawn's on that list. Now, Tiger's obviously got a bunch on there, and and really the greatest golfers of all time have made these. There's a Sandy chip out by. There's a couple just in recent years. I'm trying to think of some of the big ones. There. It was, it was, it was crazy, and so yeah, and I will admit there was about three hundred dads just watching that thing through at the various different places I was going and checking out. So if you wanted to not pay attention to to really like horrific news and yeah, we got to get into Minnesota what happened up there and the mission impossible connection and we'll get into all that. But if you wanted to divorce yourself from that and just eat too much and watch sports, it was a great weekend to do that as well.
Speaker 2: Two funny things happen this weekend that I can recall. A really funny thing. So Marky's bringing Lincoln to the library to drop off some books, right, and she's coming back home and she sends me a text message and she's like, there's some sort of protest by the library. There's a bunch of people with signs and I don't know what it's about, but this is fantastic. Ready, she goes the signs says something about no kings, but they're holding like all American flags, So I think it's some sort of like pro Trump, pro deportation, pro ice protest.
Speaker 1: Bless her heart, and I'm bless her heart.
Speaker 2: I'm laughing so hard, and I'm like, you know, your point when you have a protest is to make people who might not be aware of your causer protest to sort.
Speaker 1: Of immediately understand it. Yes, and you.
Speaker 2: Did this thing where you're like, we're going to use the American flag because the conservatives have co opted it and we're gonna make it our symbol now, so people, and we're gonna use this for our protest. But what you don't understand is you've so alienated and moved to the left and away from the American symbol that when people see it, they do think conservative and if they if they don't know what your protests are, people are gonna assume you're automatically like pro Trump people. I thought it was very funny, and.
Speaker 1: Plus it's all it was older white people, and let's face it, that's the when you say older white people, it used to being oh, you were probably talking about Mago stuff, right, right, So not that that's fair MAGA. Obviously is IS has expanded, as we saw with the last election results, But that would be the stereotype people would come up with, not these AARP protests. Yeah, did she see the severed heads that miss Ron hoffin Steinen's Jungs posted or.
Speaker 2: You know, we missed it. She missed it, Okay. The other thing was so she's like, you know, there's not a lot of cars out today. You know, it's so weird how there's not a lot of cars compared to Mother's Day. There's not a lot of people on the road. And I'm like, yeah, cause dads don't want to do anything right. We just want to be left alone, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Just I don't want to go to the mall all day and then we get a hot stone massage. No, I don't want to go to brunch. What no brunch? I'm he's talking about? Oh man, Yeah, yeah, that's straight out. They want to sit maybe not you, but a lot of them just want to sit there and watch the US open. Yeah, right, that's what they were. Yeah, they want to do today. Nothing. I'm doing it right now.
Speaker 2: I don't want to fix anything. I don't want to move anything that's exactly what they want to do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and if the kids are going to be turds, maybe just if you could just handle it today and then I'll do it for you and yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, man, one hundred percent. So all right, I did think of you though, because I told his tell Ross for the show. So I go and I check into my hotel. And you know how they got the buskers in Nashville, right, the various folks drum guitars doing that. Parked in front of my hotel. Is a dude who's super hipster. He has like a little folding card table and like a nineteen twenties typewriter and you can pay him like twenty bucks and give them your name and what you wanted to be a bound he'll write you a poem. So you want me to get you a poem? You want to poem about you and then you can make whatever you want. I'll get you a poem, buddy. I'm gonna get a picture of that guy.
Speaker 2: How much are they?
Speaker 1: I think it was a ten or twenty, depending on what you wanted.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's a good deal.
Speaker 1: It's a deal. There's something, or you get grocked to write it all right, anyway, we gotta take a break. We'll be right back. Yes, we're doing the live broadcast all week up here talking about even though I'm in Asheville, we're talking about western North Carolina at large and specifically areas of the state that obviously suffered the worst of what Helene had to offer, and we we wanted to get a sense of where we are. I know a lot of people that spend a lot of time up in the mountains of North Carolina during the summer, or maybe they you know, they carve out a week it's a family trip and they've done it each year. They find a cabin to rent, or they have a favorite hotel or lodge, maybe along the Blue Ridge Parkway, those types of areas, and we just wanted to get a sense of what's going on, because it's it's you get in a doom loop with some of this stuff, right, You wonder, are we gonna be able to go to Little Switzerland and go to the chocolate store that the kids love and do this other thing and go up to about Mitchell And the answer is yes, primarily primarily yes, but it may look different in some places, and some places are still, you know, rebuilding and trying to get back to where they are, and that's when it becomes more important. So as these places come back, it's important that the tourism comes back. And so that's uh, that's that's why we're up here, that's why we're doing this thing. So and I am curious over the course of the show if anyone has had an opportunity, because what struck me so much was the route, you know, the driving around this weekend and going to some of these places that I've enjoyed over the years on a on a pretty regular basis, and and just checking them out. And and some I walked in. There's a there's a place where I ate lunch on Saturday, excuse me, on yesterday on Sunday and or I normally lunch, but I did. I stopped in there, popped in, and they had been they had been just high enough without the flow of water there. And and yet you know, the two businesses adjacent to them, one of them's gone. It's just gone. They're rebuilding. It just kind of down the road a little ways there north out of bat Cave. And I until you see it, man, until you see and uh, well, we'll hear some of the stories. And I talked to some folks yess that are going to be talking to later in the week, just you know, what did it look like. What were you Yeah, imagine trying to keep your business open because you were fortunate enough and you have to spend a month and a half essentially running a generator because even when you get power back, it's just not consistent. And that's what some of these areas went through. And you know, so the rush to get back and get ready, so the people come up at the ash field was loaded yesterday, loaded when I got when I actually physically got into town and and kind of set up to meet with some of the some of the folks who are helping us coordinate here. You know that area down you know, right in the city center core there around everything. You had so many people walking around and yeah, you had the Father's Day thing and there was a lot of that, and you know, they were they were, they were a bustling. And and then I was talking to the tourism people and they're, you know, they're still down a certain percentage for you know, even a community like Asheville, which you know a lot of money came in a lot of help. The river side, the other side of the Amish you're building. I went over there. That's in. That is insanely impressive. What's going There's still still a bunch of amaged people up here building stuff still. So those, those are the stories we want to communicate in addition to the news, and we got to get into some of that. So even though Ross's wife did not know what was going on, which I'm very jealous of, we had the No King stuff over the weekend, and there's a bunch of insane vignettes about how that went. And of course MSNBC coupling the No Kings with this horrific story out of Minnesota with this guy who decided that he was going to go and he was going to shoot to Minnesota lawmakers and their spouses, killed two of them, and the whole story's insane, and I think the most insane. I mean, clearly the murder is the most vicious part of it, But when you get into the details of like how he was pretending to be a cop, he had like what looked like asks. You Now, some of this is speculative, but I think it's probably pretty accurate and some of it is like, we know what's up, there's video and and but we don't know why certain things were done. Like there's one where he smashes a car window and it kind of looks like he's breaking in, but maybe he's smashing it to look like stage or crime scene. I don't think we know one hundred percent exactly what all that looks like. But easily the weirdest thing is the mask. And you know, you have no idea how excited Ross was.
Speaker 2: I was trying to avoid social media so much this weekend because it's so negative and so toxic. Yes, and there's so many different issues to be toxic about. It's like, oh, pro Israel, or no, I hate the Jews, or it's oh Iran or I know I hate it, or it's the parade is dumb, or it's Trump's birthday and it's just like North Korea, or it's like, oh, you know, it's a no Kings and then the Minnesota thing, and everything's just so horrible, and I'm just gonna step away from social media and enjoyed the Father's Day weekend with my family and relax as you should, right, appreciate what I have and just taking the weekend and try to avoid social media. But when it did jump on, you see the photo of the guy like I guess, like dressed like a copp or whatever at the front door, this guy in Minnesota, right, Yeah, the first thing I thought, I'm like, that guy's got to be wearing a mask, right, Like there's that's got to be like a mission impossible mask or something like. That's not his face, that can't be it. But nobody is mentioning the mask, And I'm like, how come nobody else is correct?
Speaker 1: The first you were speculating on it because because there was a conspiracy that it was two different people. Yeah, right, it's really not him, And I'm like, I think that's a mask too.
Speaker 2: Right, there's so many conspiracies around this this thing right now, like the guy and you know, was it really the guy or did he come and like he would he took the fall for somebody else, I spread somebody, But nobody was mentioning, Hey, this guy's wearing like a mask. And the first thing you said this morning was how about that guy's mask?
Speaker 1: Kind of like that? Yeah, I thought it was going insane. I'm like, that's a mask, that's a it's a LATEX mission impossible mask man or something something similar to that, which just shows you, like all of the it's just one of a hundred really weird things about this. Oh, there's so many wrong. Yeah, there's lots of You're fair to question this because there's not there's so many things that need answer.
Speaker 2: You see like the ring that photo of him wearing the mask, dressed like the cop and I guess he had a car that would also also look like a cop car or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, look like an suv like one of the without the lights on top, but you see the lights in the back window or something.
Speaker 2: You'd see like the ring cam, you know, the video of this guy, And I'm like, why would you open the door? Like if I if somebody rings my doorbell late at night and we check out the camera because we have like multiple cameras in our porch, including the door, right, and I see somebody and I'm like, that's not your face. I'm not opening that door, right, Like, I'm like, this dude is dressed like a cop, wearing like murder right. Yeah, yeah, yeah, you don't get you don't want to get sucked into the mother ship. Maybe they were like super groggy. I don't know what time it all had happened. I'm not I don't know the details. So maybe they were super groggy and you get up, you get the sleepies out of your eyes or whatever the Krusty's and you're like, who's this on my door? It's a cop and you don't notice that the guy has like a mask on.
Speaker 1: Well, you know a couple a couple of things too. If you're a lawmaker and she was a speaker, Like, if you're a lawmaker, you probably have some more additional interaction with law enforcement because people, you know, weirdos make threats and stuff. Do you know what I'm saying? Like, but usually, uh, you know, the protection detail in Minnesota is the same as is in North Carolina's having broadcasts there with the state Patrol or they're the Minnesota Highway Patrol. It is office the protection detail that the politicians get our officers from the state Patrol. So it wouldn't be Champlain or Brooklyn. Where's the Brooklyn Center? I think Brooklyn Park or Brooklyn Center. It can never there's two of them right next to each other. So in the color of the shirt there and this is important, is in that video is a is a Minneapolis police color?
Speaker 2: Just having you know, how.
Speaker 1: You know in your head what the copy uniforms look like in the towns you lived in. So I lived in Minnetonka, and they have a black motif on the Minnetonka Police, but in Minneapolis that's the color. So it looked like he was going for a Minneapolis police officer uniform color. But neither of these were in the city of Minneapolis. They're in suburbs. So that part was weird to me, just having that, you know, the local knowledge of what's going on there. But yeah, the mask, I mean, we're not there yet. It's not we're not We don't have the technology quite yet unless you have time to sit for four hours in a Hollywood special effects chair. So you're right, man, if you looked at he really got eyes on it, that should be like super red flag.
Speaker 2: Right, he wasn't. At the point. It wasn't like a Joe Biden clone quality type mask. But it was like, you know, like a like a high end spirit Halloween.
Speaker 1: What do you mean Joe Biden quality? We all know? Right, Okay, all right, leave it at that. I don't know how many posts I've seen where they like you could see the zipper his I ears it's obviously somebody pretending.
Speaker 2: To be and maybe it is.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know everything, but the thing, yeah, right, this is so that was like, that's not right, you said, it's like this the guy. The mask that guy was wearing was like a high end spirit Halloween type mask.
Speaker 1: And and then there's like video of him over given like weird. Did you watch any of his sermons from over in Africa? They don't make any sense.
Speaker 2: No, I and I saw there was some sort of like, uh, they're saying there might be some connection to us a I d or some because I don't know. I like, I saw them scrolling. I saw them, but I want I didn't want to press it and listen to it. And I just I's trying to enjoy my weekend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't blame you, man. Yeah, it's uh, it's trying to digest all this yesterday after have you know, traveling and then having to work out tech stuff, which can you know, it could be a little frustrating when you're when you you know, you pop up to do a remote broadcast until you get it all set up and you know obviously we're cooking with gas. Now we're fine. Think it sounds good, connections good, but you know, so I'm scrambling because I'm trying to do the tour and I'm trying to you know, check out these places on my way up to Ashville and really get a sense of it and make some notes and talk to people. Then I'm doing the tech stuff, and I'm also trying to figure out what the hell's going on with mask dude, because right he hadn't been caught. He's been caught. Now I just gave himself up, but you know, he was still on the run for most of yesterday. So I'm trying to follow along with that, put together the other you know, just the other news stories. MSNBC and all of them are like they're they're excited because they can like the no Kings thing, but then they can they can tie this guy because you know, we have to rush out and figure out who he voted for, right you have both sides and who appointed him to a governor's panel, and like none of it's congruent hit. His roommates were like he liked Trump, but then he had a bunch of No Kings flyers in his car, and people know what the hell is going on?
Speaker 2: Right, both sides are trying not to claim him. And then you have like people that are like, oh, well, you have the No Kings flyers in his car. But then you have the other people that are like, oh no, they were planted there, like the way that cops plant crack on. People's the same sort of sprinkle crack on. Yeah, that's a lot of crack sprinkling obviously, so uh look at that. So people are like, I also drove through the No King's protests and I was super.
Speaker 1: Confused by the flags, right yeah, yeah, And then he goes, why is everyone protesting Elvis? I don't know, man, It's good. That's a good question. That's a good question.
Speaker 2: I saw a sign from Chicago that said the only King in Chicago is Abe Froeman.
Speaker 1: That's a good sign, dude. I love the guys. You do funny sides.
Speaker 2: But then underneath it in the comment, somebody was like, why because he's a Jew? Sad like, I hate all you people. I hate you all.
Speaker 1: You know what's you know, what's what's what's horrible too is Iran. The Iran military has a Twitter account and they were posting like old school, hooked nosed jew photos and it was still the less offensive anti Jewish posting that was going on, if that you know what I mean. It's like the Iran military's posting exactly what you kind of expect there, and like people were like, you're not being aggressive enough.
Speaker 2: There's like I said, there was so much negativity on social media this weekend, I had to check out. At some point. I'm like, I can't keep doing this because it's.
Speaker 1: Well, look at least MSNBC wouldn't feed the beast, right right, Yeah, I mean that's we can all. We can all agree with that.
Speaker 3: The overwhelming majority of Americans, regardless of political party and regardless of who the subject of the fascination is, that's a very red line that.
Speaker 4: Will be crossed.
Speaker 3: I wonder some of these protests around the country, including yours, whether that's a unifying force for people who are going to come out and say, we want our.
Speaker 4: Democracy a certain way.
Speaker 3: We have the right to protest, it's a First Amendment right. We don't cross lines into political violence.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I would hope.
Speaker 5: So, I would hope that this is a unifying moment. But unfortunately, as we've seen time and time again, it usually isn't we have too many people and too many elected officials, including the current augumented White House, who escalates rhetoric and violent rhetoric against political opponents, and that the other guy who was shot of tragic events, the other guy was shot absolutely unacceptable in every single elected official should be condemning this, regardless of their political party. But I don't have the greatest hope for some people to actually come.
Speaker 1: Out and do that. Really one person, I think that's who who like you, dude, you were so close to having probably a good message in there, like maybe we should all take a step back and stop putting a quarter in the uh the insanity machine. But no, no, you're just like ah Trump and it's like, I don't know, man, he was shot. So there, there's that. There's that there. We have a state lawmaker here in North Carolina decided to post it was actually a video and then uh and then the photo like the screenshots went not went viral. Uh, there's Jewel Julie von Hoffen. How do you pronounce it with her last name there haythen Hoffen. I don't, I don't know, and I really don't care. So she posted she posted this video and in it there's severed heads of Trump, and at no point, go that's probably not a good idea, and you know, the crazy thing is too ross. We have an example of somebody with a bloody severed head with uh Trump head and how that worked out for her, right, So like this isn't new. Talk to Kathy. Kathy'll let you know whether that's a good idea or not, although she then does kind of double down on it later Kathy Griffin, but like immediately, but you're a state lawmaker. You're a state lawmaker, and you post this stuff. And then you're like, you didn't even apologize, You just simply when you explained it. One you deleted your Twitter account, it looks like but two on Facebook, you're just like, I posted a video and it had this in it and here's the context, and it's like, maybe you shouldn't have posted that. You know me? Do you know how if you go on the draft folder, I should probably delete some of this stuff. There's been posts where I've written them, and I'm like, I'm gonna save it as a draft and like I'm gonna go and do what I'm doing, and if later I still think it's a good idea. I'll post it because you got to be cognition.
Speaker 2: Sometimes you do have to sit on stuff because yeah, you know, being in this business, you think about how there are certain people that do want you fired. Like there that is their existence, that's there, that's why they're you know, that's their weather here and there they are, And like you've got to realize, like certain ways people are going to interpret what you could post even if that's not the case. Right, Yeah, smart about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and uh, and so we do it from if you're a lawmaker, I absolutely that should be your mindset. It should be for anyone who's in any sort of professional position. But but when you're in a position where half the people hate you, we do talk radio. That's how that goes. You do your politician, that's how that goes.
Speaker 2: We've known people fired for making innocent jokes.
Speaker 1: We both absolutely just in the timing, like there's years you can do it, and then a year later you can, then a year later you can. All Right, we're gonna take a break. We'll be right back. Hang on. I'm up in the mountains where it is slightly cooler but a lot more human. I will tell you, man Ross. So I was driving up it was that last little like twenty six, which is just the last little shootoff into Asheville there, and all of a sudden there's a traffic jam coming in. And you know I grew obviously, I grew up in ranch country, right, and you know, yeah, you know, sure, there's a We got agriculture obviously all around the triad and the triangle and the periphery, but for the most part, unless you kind of live out a little ways, you don't really run into it. And they had a traffic jam, and I figured out a trailer, a truck trailer had jackknife that was hauling way too many round bails. The big it looked like the half ton round beils, which are now scattered all across the highway. And there's like fifty cops there, like what the hell are we gonna do with these things? Just standing around lights for miles. So I hadn't been in a good livestock or agricultural jackknife situation. And by the way, look the driver was standing there. The cab was turned over, but they seemed to be fine, so that was good. But yeah, just hay bales all across the road man. I adn't see one of those in a while, So there you go. Yeah, it's just a got I got a bunch of little little stories. We're gonna be talking to a bunch of people up here as part of this broadcast. But let me get back to some of the audio that we were playing here, and I also got a piece of audio in honor of Father's Day. You're just gonna love. But I gotta get through the MSNBC insanity. So when we last left our heroes, they were trying to pretend that they were against political violence but using it as a way to pistol rip Trump, which is not altogether unusual, but it was a soft version of it that didn't last very long because, of course MSNBC has got time to fill. They got through normal cast of characters that they need to get into, and of course they got a cover or I should say villains that they have to get into, and they got to cover these stories, and they got to cover what happened in Minnesota, the no King stuff, and then of course we'll get into the parade pearl clutching. But they were, they were, they were a feasting this weekend. They were super excited to get into all of this. I mean, just you want to hear giddiness. Let's do this.
Speaker 6: This is also not a normal question because I'm going to ask it about the Department of Justice, which you're two for. Prior to this administration, it's always been held that the Department of Justice is an a political.
Speaker 2: Body, right, yeah, Ross, would you say that prior to the Trump administration the Department of Justice is an a political body?
Speaker 1: The people prosecuted all the j sixers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know if I would say that or go that far. Yeah, no, I would go no, probably no.
Speaker 1: Oh, you're gonna go no, all right, Oh look at that. They just threw Ross and jail for fifty years. Oh well, all right. And then, by the way, that's just there we wanted to do. We even have to go back to during the civil rights era where they were running like sting recording operations on MLK. Are you let's are we the FBI at large? Do you really you really believe that, which, by the way, is an insane position for somebody who would describe themselves as liberal in this country for most of the time, right right, That should that should be an incongruent position, but because Trump. Yeah, now it's the it's the other way. Everything's it's it's opposite stay every day. It's opposite stay, which when you when you have no values, you have no scruples. I guess that's how you have to operate. Consistency is not king.
Speaker 6: Do you see it as such now? And if you don't, the fact that these are two Democratic lawmakers that have been attacked, one killed and one right now fighting for his life, you.
Speaker 1: Know, including Democrats who specifically specifically went away from their party over some pretty high profile votes in Minnesota, including the woman who crossed over who was killed, her and her husband who sided with the with the decision to not provide free healthcare to illegal immigrants. They were up in arms. I mean I have a special connection because I have a lot of followers on social media for my time doing radio in Minnesota, so I get fed a lot more news from up there. They were like burn it down, the moonbat protesters like burn it down when they wanted to get rid of free healthcare for illegals.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I saw a video for after the vote and she seemed terrified. Yeah, because people within her own party were threatening her and not I mean kind of like trying to pretend that they weren't really but they kind of were. Man, it was not good. So with that in mind, this is why everyone was just trying to interpret, Well, what happened? Did this guy go after her with his weird mission impossible mass because she parted ways, or as his roommates said, he loved Trump. But then other people were like, well then why would Tim Walls put him on a governor's committee? The whole thing is insane, and rather than trying to pick through those individual points, we just get this all.
Speaker 6: After being shot multiple times. Do you have any doubt, any concern that because of political differences biases, this will not be.
Speaker 1: Addressed the way it should be.
Speaker 4: It should be a political right.
Speaker 7: That's what we have seen from Republican and democratic administrations up until this one. Right now, Donald Trump has in place people who are.
Speaker 1: More loyal, imagine believing.
Speaker 7: That to him than they are to the constitution and the rule of law. And what really, if I can bring just rewind the tape, if I can. Just four months ago, we saw this president pardon violent January sixth offenders people who were convicted, fifteen hundred of them, fifteen he just.
Speaker 1: All right, So I just want to and here's the point. He's correct in this sense that some of the people that he pardoned were the people because you know my position, right I. My position was, it's very different if you walk through a door next to a Capitol police officer who's playing but jeweled on his phone, who has a conversation. If you watch the video, there's instances or they're just say hey, you know, blah blah blah, and then they get in there and you're like, nah, you're go to jail for ten years, versus the people with the flagpole who absolutely assaulted police officers in some instances, who I'm like, bury them under the prison, don't care because I don't have patience for that in any context, whether it's what's going on in La what happened there and no, A thousand times no, But we're talking of actual physical assault charges. Is a very small percentage. And the argument, whether you agree with it or not, was because the whole thing was so politicized, because they were willing to essentially goulag some people who did nothing more. We had a guy locally who was up there trying to do journalism who was among those right, who is a known journalist, who is a guy we've had on the show before. So he's like he's got credits if you will, and they were just like, nah, you gotta throw the book at you, like these are.
Speaker 2: The amount of time there, like the span of that audio cut where they go from saying that the DOJ is you know, a political and then his point, you know, is well, you know, as an example, here's how we treated the Jay sixers is insane.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, look is everything ugly surrounding that, Yes, yeah, one hundred percent, Like I don't, I don't, I don't. I don't know if Trump, I don't know, if I I I one hundred percent like what they decided to do. But something had to give, something had to give. Throwing people, They threw somebody. They were gonna give somebody ten years who wasn't there, who was not there, So don't give me this garbage.
Speaker 2: Man that you know, you had grandparents that were in these you see these, you remember.
Speaker 1: The video looked like the old Lady Tour group. That's look at the tapestries, like.
Speaker 2: Like elderly people like Grandma's and Grandpa's going using their.
Speaker 1: Cricket phone to take pictures and the big buttons.
Speaker 2: Yes, there's videos of them unlocking the doors for them and being escorted in and they're looking around at the paintings like, well, look at this, this is very nice.
Speaker 1: This is so I was there for? That? Is that? The revolution? And they're in prison for twenty thirty years?
Speaker 2: So you insane?
Speaker 1: Yeah, people, people have like three years to live right there.
Speaker 2: They were pardoned because the dj was political and they were political opponents and they were arrested for it. It's insane.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But they didn't arrest like politicians, did they.
Speaker 2: Of their opposite political because that definitely wouldn't happen. Can you imagine if that did happen.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Lincoln Projects said if it ever happened, it would be the end of democracy. So I hope it's never happened. What kind of a country would do that? That's I don't know, man, Well one, that's the end stage democracy, even though tachically we're not a democracy. And it's really funny, extra funny because Lincoln also jailed political opponents, so you're called the Lincoln Project. You absolute dull.
Speaker 7: Normalized political violence. These are people, Alex that he summoned to Washington. He told them come to DC, will be wild, he says in a tweet. And they come to Washington at his past, they come with their zip ties, they come with their weapons, they come with their bear spray, and he tells them to march down to the Capitol and to fight like hell, and they do exactly that. He tells them to stop. And so now he gets back in office and he pardons that. That to me is the normalization of political violence.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, except you left out the other part of what he said about peaceful protests very explicitly said it and then tweeted it.
Speaker 2: Ran No, he did tweet it. He did say it like specific.
Speaker 1: He both said it and tweeted it. That's the thing.
Speaker 2: He said it with his closed the remarks and then he tweeted it. But the problem is once he tweeted it, they took the post down. Yeah, like they censored the president. Yeah yeah, but that was the twitter. I can't believe Elon would do that. Monster, absolute monster. All right, this is speaking of pepper spray. There is kind of a crazy video with one of the No Kings protests. Well, we had some pepper spray and then Charlotte going on and some other stuff.
Speaker 1: Dude, I got I got a Charlotte store. I'm gonna tell you.
Speaker 2: I just gotta figure out ho I'm gonna tell this, so we'll get it, because I don't want to insult anyone.
Speaker 1: But it was just it was kind of funny. So that'll be coming a little later in the show. But I missed the protest. It's not even good to go see it. So I had to watch video of the Charlotte protest, which is a okay because I don't want to go near this thing. And yeah, I got a little elevated, a little crazy, but you know, not as bad as some places where they actually had some quite a few arrests. And I think for the most part, because I'm like MSNBC, I would be honest, for the most part, the No King's protests were people waving signs, yelling stuff. But you know, there wasn't nobody, there wasn't assaults, there wasn't even there was some counter protests, and the vast majority of them just just went off with people protesting. Good. I'm fine with that one hundred percent. So the norm was not I'm not going to give the impression that they were all out of control. I think they're wrong. I think that they're useful idiots in some instances, and I think the whole concept of the no Kings thing is just it's tanter me. Okay. That being said, there were a couple of things that happened. I don't know. Oh no, I would have protester try to eat a whole thing of pepper spray from the cops. Man, that's not good. So yeah, yeah, we'll tweek that out so you can so you can watch that. But again, for the most part, MSNBC is just what do you There's there's no coming back from that. They're just cooked. Man. And by the way, do you hear their parade analysis? Dude? This is so all right? So this is them analyzing the military parade, which ross did you watch any of that? Did you watch it live at all?
Speaker 8: Or?
Speaker 1: I know?
Speaker 2: Once again, I tried to enjoy my weekend and just do nothing political because Father's Day weekend. But yeah, I did definitely did see some of the posts about the parade. You know, I have the videos of some of the marching and the tanks going down.
Speaker 1: It was so normal, it was so normal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, it was super normal and it's what it was supposed to be.
Speaker 1: Were cool too.
Speaker 2: What really bugged me, and we've been talking about this, you know, way before the event even happened, were these people that were like, oh, Trump doing the parade like he's North Korea because it's his birthday.
Speaker 1: It's not. I like how they kept saying. They're like, you know, it's just so convenient his birthday happens to coincide with the Army's two, Like do his mom tied it out right? She's sitting there that hold it in, Like oh no, we gotta gotta hold on, you know.
Speaker 2: Or it's just people just like not even bringing up the fact that it's the birthday of the army, like they just.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no. The conspiracy on CNN was isn't it convenient that it's the two? You know, like his mom planned it right. I'm like that, what are you talking about? You absolute lunatics? All right, we'll give you that analysis and I got some audio it's just speaking of Father's Day. Just wait for it. And we got a couple crazy the craziest sports interview over the weekend I'll share with you as well. But anyway, we're alive from Western North Carolina. As we spend the week up here, we got a whole slate of I guess we'll be talking to this week. Fact, I'll get that list out here and give you a little preview.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 1: And the the goal is to inform and encourage, and I will tell you it's you should come to western North Carolina and see it for yourself. And if you and your family have been coming out here for years, I think you owe it to yourself come check it out and uh and really get a scent. It did not set in with me how aggressively Helene hit some of these areas until I was muddling around Chimney Rock and Back Cave and all of that yesterday. And if you are, if you're a fan of this part of the state, just from the educational standpoint, I think you owe it to yourself to you know, make make plans to take it in. And I do know that the various local economies here in western North Carolina could could really use it. And we will highlight that throughout the week, But for now we're going to take a break. Be right back on the CaCO Day radio program. Parade Analysis from MSNBC. Get a load of this one thing.
Speaker 9: I will say, I want to go back to you Ali that that again, when we talk about this sort of tension in the country, and sometimes, you know, you and I have both been at Trump rallies, those can be you know, very tense, a kind of I would say, it's kind of a darktolent energy sometimes in them, not always, but it doesn't seem like that's the energy on the on the mall today, which I think is a good sign, right.
Speaker 3: Correct, that you're you're you're really correct about that, Chris, And it's something we you know, we we were watching for. I'm just sort of surprised by the number of people who were at the front.
Speaker 9: Of the parade watching, cheering, and then would come.
Speaker 4: And ask to take a selfie.
Speaker 10: This is a very different it's a very different mood here.
Speaker 3: It's people seem to be going out of their way to say that they're here to celebrate the army's two hundred and fiftieth birthday.
Speaker 4: Now there are people walking around side.
Speaker 3: A moment ago, while you were talking to gen guy just came around and said Trump twenty twenty eight, and I said, how does that work exactly? And he's like laughing and had a bit flag on him. So there's some politicization here, but it is not it's not dark, it's not tense, it's not amptup.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's different.
Speaker 3: It's it's different from from covering a truck rally.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, okay, all right, all right, So Ros and I were just talking off the well we'll bug Ray on this coming up here in just a moment. Ah, sorry, just track. We're on location broadcasts and so it's not my normal setup, and I was just trying to coordinate something here with because we have we have iHeart in Asheville and the morning Guy here, Mark Starling, good friend of mine, that's who you hear Ray reference on the regular. And because I'm physically in an adjacent studio to him. Ahead of our on site broadcast this week, we thought it would be really funny if I went and came back from break on his show. But it's my voice and then just so Ray would be super confused. But we didn't have it coordinated correctly, but that would have been hilarious too. So anyway, he slipped the noose on that. All right, couple things yesterday I got to tell you this story, Ross, do you ever pay cash for anything still or am I just a dinosaur like when you go like for little purchases.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, it's like super rare. I can't remember really last time.
Speaker 1: I always I always try to have you know, like you know, some twenties on me and for little stuff. I still like to pay cash. But I think the more reason I pay cash is when I play golf. I played Nassa on you gotta have cash. I mean I don't because I'm good and then I win all the money. But then you have cash, but it's getting much more frustrating trying to use it. So yesterday I stopped at Bojengles for breakfast. Right, We've all been there. And I stopped at a Bojengles in Shelby, North Carolina, So just out of Charlotte, as you're heading up, you know this direction, and I go in there. It's one that it's like attached to a gas station, so I was able to get fuel and do all that. I go in and I'm like, I need a sausage, egg and cheese biscuit. And there's a she looks to be like senior in high school gal working the register. It's very nice. She's like all right, will that be it?
Speaker 11: Sir?
Speaker 1: You want you know, you want the meal or do you want this the sandwich something? I just want the sandwich. And I in my hand now while I'm talking to her, because I can do the math. She goes, well, that'll be four to twenty six. So I pull out of my pocket a five dollar bill and a penny. Now, Ross, you're an adult of my generation. Oh wait, hold on, Ross is loading something. So but you guys listening. So I've got the I've got a five dollars bill and I've got a penny, and my bill is for twenty six. Everyone within the sound of my voice understands that I am hoping to acquire three quarters from this young lady. That's why the penny's thrown in there. And this is one of the easy ones. It gets more complex when it's you know, it's like four twenty nine, and now I got to bring four pennies up or multiple pennies up into this, or I got to figure out if I want to round it up to a dime or how I'm gonna whatever it may be. But it's not. It's just the one penny. It's the easiest thing. And she looked me square in the face, and she goes, oh, I can't do that. I already entered it as five, because by now she's got the till open, right, And I'm like, yeah, but it won't make any difference. I'm still trying to hand her the penny. She she it's like I'm trying to hand her plutonium, right. She's not touching that penny. She didn't want anything to do with it. And then you know when somebody looks at you and it's like that the the the hour glass in like Microsoft spinning, but in like perpetuity, and you're trying to figure out what's going on. I'm assuming that's what was happening in her brain as she's looking at me when I said, but it won't matter, and I'm trying to hand her and then she for like ten seconds, doesn't say anything and just stares at me. But also she's not counting the change that she went into, count these seventy four cents that she's trying to, you know, hook me up with, and she goes, but I don't know, but I entered it as five, and it was in that moment I'm just like, we're done. I could I could take a moment to try to go over this, to try to explain it, and all I could think is, I took my seventy four cents, so now I have four pennies on top of the penny already had in my pocket. Is we are so screwed men, They're so like little life skills. I don't say this is to be just super negative generationally, but you just you realize that the act of having to count change and actually deal with physics money is it's like a math tutorial in addition, right, it's just it's it's it's something that helped hone your skills to do very simple mathematics there, but also to conceptualize and understand more complex things. One of those things is the concept that no matter how you render the change to me, if I offset it to get a certain denomination and I give you the proper amount of money, when you balance that till out later, it's going to be correct. Whether I give you five dollars and you give me seventy seventy four cents back on a four to twenty six bill, or I give you a five and a one you give me three quarters back. Nothing moves, and so that's that next level of not just counting the money, but understanding conceptually how it will impact the overall total. I don't mean to get in the weeds on this stuff, but like that's that's stuff we need. Don't even get me writed on the inability of people to write, and I go, I don't have great handwriting, but like pros is is done, and AI is just gonna make it worse. Being able to structure a sentence, being able to figure out how you structure it for maximum efficiency. Like these are all skill sets that kind of break away the more we get into this, Like idiocracy was ahead of its time, and it's almost it's not her fault because they're probably I don't know the policy at Bojangles, but very likely they may have told her not to do once you enter it, match it, if only to make sure that the till balances where they've decided that no longer will that be an expectation of their employee. And it's not a knock on people work at boj Angles or any of the rest. It's just I don't know, it's just those little things man, where you're just like, come on, come on, we can do this. But those are also people that are easier to influence. How do I know? I watched this insane lunatic of a woman who decided she was gonna do a video. And here's the other thing. If you have to talk with your hands and and go like comically over overinflated gestures and screaming. Now, there's a certain entertainment value on the radio, right, little emphasis there, But when you got to do it with everything, chances are what you're saying ain't good enough because you should be able to convince people or communicate your message just with your words. Inflection is important. Think it has its place.
Speaker 2: You probably don't want to look like a demon either when you do it. Well, that's yeah.
Speaker 1: I've tried to trying to soft sell like overall concept before I got to lunatic here. But the more that you do that, it's one thing to emphasize. But then when it becomes the crutch to communicate rather than your words, that's not good. That's not a good thing. And I got to tell you this video coupled with what she believes to be true so emphatically that she will create a video, as Ross pointed out, where she looks insane or possessed or whatever you want.
Speaker 2: To call it.
Speaker 1: That's just I'm not trying to tie the two things together directly. But it's a lot easier when you don't ask somebody to critically think for the purpose of making change, you don't trust them to do that to then convince them of what you're going to hear this woman talk about. We'll get to that here in the next segment, but first, can we jump in the way back machine? Is Ray ready to go? Let's jump in the Yeah, jumping the way back machine. So Ross was reminiscing about the good old days of the Weather Channel and how you guys basically used to be elevator music, yeah, and then just rotating stuff.
Speaker 2: No. So I saw a video online on Twitter, and it was just an eight second video of the old Weather Channel from nineteen ninety two with like the old graphic.
Speaker 4: And the clearly old star. Yeah.
Speaker 2: It looked like it came off like an old like you know, Apple to E computer or whatever. And I watched this thing for like eight seconds, and then I watched another video of an eight hour Weather Channel compilation of this of this music and the graphics, and it took me back to my mother's house in nineteen ninety two. I was like, I'm back in my mom's house watching the Weather Channel and it was such a cool laugh and you got to bring it back, you gotta bring it back.
Speaker 4: Well, I'll see what I could do. Actually, one of.
Speaker 1: The yeah, yeah, go ahead, I was.
Speaker 10: Gonna say, one of the gentlemen that actually works in that department, the local stuff with those stars that are they're called stars that are put in each of the head ends in the local mark the local cable.
Speaker 4: Things, he's actually retiring. Yeah, yeah, you reach Eligia local.
Speaker 10: Yeah, he's actually retiring after I think he's been here since the almost since the beginning, and so he was responsible one of the groups that I had actually put all that together.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I remember.
Speaker 1: Let me just put too how the discriminatory it was because while Ross is in New York, which obviously has a decent population, rather than localizing it for us in Wyoming, we got thrown into Wyoming, Montana.
Speaker 4: The decritas right to.
Speaker 1: Wait and then you had to wait for the loop to get to you. So you'd be sitting in my house in Wyoming, Weather Channel's playing and you're you're waiting, and you're waiting like fifteen minutes later and then you blink or somebody distracts you and you're like, ah, yes, I sit here for another.
Speaker 4: Fifteen good strategy, right.
Speaker 1: Imagine and it's like and then my mom would be like, look outside, we have wind or stuff outside. You'll have a pretty good idea. Yeah, but this is official, it's on TV.
Speaker 2: But the imagine the person putting together the eight hour old Weather Channel video and YouTube from nineteen ninety two, that's insane. Well at the same point.
Speaker 10: That is, But well good, I'm glad that whoever did that was able to consume eight hours of your day.
Speaker 1: So how are we? How are we look at it? So I'm up here in Ashville. I was gonna come in and sneak in when you were just doing the hit with Mark over there, and then I was gonna come back from break just to see if we could throw you off. But it didn't. We couldn't time it out.
Speaker 4: Again, I forgot that you're gonna be there.
Speaker 1: But maybe do you know? Do you know? So the Asheville studios are like up on a hill outside of town. There's a deer, six turkeys, and like rabbits just in the parking lot right now. I saw, and I'm like, now I know how they made it through Helena. Up here. They ate everything, just food walking around everywhere.
Speaker 10: It's a it's a nice little spot there, a little porch you look out in the big field and all that. It's pretty cool. Oh yeah, there there was a wedding on that back porch. I was we were at a wedding. The old old timer. John's out there.
Speaker 4: Anymore, but he used to be the the op board up there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, okay a couple of years ago.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was pretty neat.
Speaker 1: Anyway, we're up here. Yesterday was on again, off again rain and then it got really humid and uh, let's let's not do that again.
Speaker 4: Across well, I think we are Triad Triangle East.
Speaker 1: Wait, hold on, ros we need the music behind him? I think. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say, yeah, there we go.
Speaker 10: So the Triad Triangle East flood watched through tonight. There's been some real heavy rainfall out near Rocky Mount, especially in the twenty four hours past, almost four inches, some areas over four inches near Greenville and five inch totals. There's been flash flooding. So any rainfall on top of that's just gonna make this worse. So I think we'll get more storms today. May sneak a shower in this morning, but it's mid to late afternoon into tonight that showers and thutterstorms again will become likely, with heavy rainfall, potentially more flooding. And really, I think we're going to stay in the soup the next few day, shower storms near ninety tomorrow, probably close to ninety or hotter on Wednesday.
Speaker 4: Heat and the season maybe close to one hundred.
Speaker 10: Haven't said that word in a bit, So about to get shoved quickly into a real summertime humid field to the air mass and some very warm temperatures coming in, especially if you're going to be out and about.
Speaker 4: Unless he did desease.
Speaker 10: And the rain and we get it could get it good, especially to get it where you already see multiple inches of rain the last day or so, you'll be first to flood if we do get more heavy rain.
Speaker 1: By the way, for those who know, that is Ray on the Alto sacks behind Ray now so told them the secret talented?
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you?
Speaker 1: Have you given away your secrets? Man?
Speaker 4: I'm sorry?
Speaker 1: All right, we'll talk in an hour, Okay, Okay, yep, I have a good one there, raced Agic from the weather Chat. All right, we come back. We're gonna get into that audio. I got a sports interview to tell you about as well. It's uh, the NBA player gave he's got he's got a very interesting theory on things. Don't trust me, it will be relevant and it's all coming up as we continue our live broadcast from the mountains of North Carolina. Here in just a few minutes on a CaCO Day radio program, Ross has two old school Weather Channel beds. He's dubbing in le do that. All right, We're gonna be ready to go for ray in the next hour. We're very excited. So here's how when I talk about the slow deterioration and look MSNBC like was I don't want to say they're onto something, but like the ability to analyze things and arrive at a simultaneous conclusion as to regardless of somebody's party politics, where like we have a problem where we are, where we've allowed ourselves to be trained. I blame I look, I blame the raw U. You know some of the people within the political parties. I really do. I hate the level of influence that the political parties have. You know how I feel. I don't get trust, I don't get invited the Republican stuff or the Democrat stuff. Really, when you get into the main party stuff, I got blood feuds with our Republican senator. He started it. That being said to be able to gin somebody up to this level of insanity is not a positive thing for the country. And then, and by the way, Raggedy Ann is an a hole. I had no idea because that's the best description I can give of this woman. She is so convinced that what she's about to tell you is the gospel just and it's all about the Founding Fathers. Are you ready to get educated? Here we go.
Speaker 11: When the Founding Fathers made this great country. I'm going to stop you right there.
Speaker 12: The Founding Father's own slaves, The Founding Fathers had less access to education than a modern day twelve year old.
Speaker 11: They don't know anything. I don't care what they wanted, I don't care what they think.
Speaker 2: It's uncovered.
Speaker 1: What you know Thomas Jefferson's personal library was that. That's how the Library of Congress started. Madison went to Princeton. Have you ever seen a Civil War veteran's letter to his betrothed. You couldn't write something that well right now, I should hope.
Speaker 12: So the Constitution was written by people who didn't think women should vote. The Constitution was written by people who had fifteen year old wives dying in childbirth frequently.
Speaker 11: The Constitution was written by people.
Speaker 12: Who had little cartoon Elmer Fudd shotguns, not automatic war machines capable of ripping down one hundred children.
Speaker 11: In a minute and half and will again.
Speaker 12: The whole point is to change, the whole point is to progressively make better decisions so we do not repeat the atrocities of our ancestors. If I was born at anither time in American history, I would have been burned at the steak or lobotomized. And we think the people doing that are the.
Speaker 11: Ones who know what should be going on today.
Speaker 12: We don't want to listen to people who cured tuberculosis or decided, hey, maybe we shouldn't.
Speaker 11: Put lead in house paint.
Speaker 12: You are actively repeating the atrocities of your ancestors.
Speaker 1: You're doing it on parbas we're live from We're in Nashville, but I have I've been checking out. Yesterday was checking out areas around Chimney Rock and or Backcave and just some of the other areas. And this is my first time post Helene of really you know, going out and seeing some of this stuff, and it is it's amazing, not in a good way necessary. What is amazing in a good way is what people have been able to do and band together. I went down where the Amish were building houses. That's incredibly impressive, incredibly impressive what's going on there, and just you know, the stick to do you ross you ever see the videos of people's houses that had like six feet of mud in there, Like I'm looking at that, I'm like, how do you ever? How do you ever? How do you ever use that house again? And then the process that people have had to go through, and yes, the political fights that have happened, and who's doing this and who's doing that? And is money coming through? Are we gonna send tweets out that misconstrue what's going on with Josh Stein? Shame on him for you know, oh, Donald Trump is rejected aid for that. We don't have to do this. You can be honest and say we had a there was a specific line of aid that actually normally lasts for three months. That we extended for nine months and we only backed off ten percent. But no, we have to sit here, and we got to get in these political fights over everything. And I understand look several of you for whatever reason, and I would encourage you to really rethink this position. Sent me emails going, I can't believe you're broadcasting in what is you know, which is a blue area of the state. And first of all, I'm broadcasting here from a technological standpoint, Asheville is a city center. Asheville also suffered the worst of it from a fatality standpoint. Okay, because it's the size of the population here, but it's but all these places were affected. And regardless of what you think that you know that one community deserves it more than the other. I hate that, and I rejected. I want everyone here, even people that you or I may politically disagree with, because I don't want that to cross my mind because the people I'm meeting, I don't I'm not caring. I'm not worried about their politics. I'm where are they decent people? Do they do they want to help? And and and and what has happened? And hearing those stories that's why I'm here. And we can fight about stuff on the periphery some other time, but obviously we're still doing the news and we're talking about all of those things. And because there are certain times where you got to reject that. And yeah, sometimes it may not make sense why somebody who who had to sit here and and and deal with a tragedy like this, and and and and see that the response that they had from some politicians where they really didn't want to get into it, They really didn't want to talk whether FEMA was operating in a way that was they should whether the amount of money we spent on that Swanna Noah station for showers and laundry that ended up just having seemed it seemed very wasteful, not because we shouldn't have done it, but because we should have done it in a more efficient manner, so that more people could have been aided by what they were able to provide the ability to just have a hot shower and do laundry. And like, those are the those are the ways that we can we can analyze, we can figure out how to do it better. And the next time, if God forbids something like that were to happen again. We could be more efficient in the delivery of relief, aid and and and the way that we take care of each other, and whether that's through government or whether it's through the numerous charities that that exist out there. And there's so many good ones. There's there's one out of Swan and Noah, we're gonna speak with later this later this week, Samaritan's Purse. Who you want to talk about, Johnny on the spot. For darn near anything that happens bad in the world, they're there. I told you one of the one of the things that blew me away when I took my trip to Gualapagos and Ecuador and then to Guatapey in Colombia was because of the Venezuelans that are coming over the border into Colombia. They have a huge swaths of them. If you go to Metazine and you go to like Loreles Las Sntento, which is like the big shops and things is it's a restaurant district and all of that, there are Native Colombians and or excuse me, native Venezuelans, right, so you think of it as like Native Americans within the US, who are a slightly different version of Venezuelans that are much less modern. They have the very colorful clothes, you know, made without paka stuff, and they were so displaced by what was going on in Venezuela with that the absolute lunatic running things there, that they come over to Colombia, which is not a rich country, and they're everywhere. You see them sitting on the streets with their kids all day, just hoping that you know, there's some there. And yet what do I see. I see several instances where Samaritan's Purse from North Carolina has set up these aid stations down there, just trying to do a little good in the world. And I think that those organizations are full of people who didn't sit here and go I don't like this county, but I like this. No, they stepped up and they help. And you know what, whether you want to approach that from a humanity standpoint or you want to approach that because it's part of your faith, however you get there, it's a net positive in the world. And especially if you think that government does too much, and the way that it used to be is churches would be the charities and whatnot. I don't disagree with you. I don't disagree with you at all, but I'm not going to have that fight. Okay, there's other stuff we can talk about. We can talk about the insanity of what, you know, what went on with that. I'm going to replay the audio from that young woman there who a ross said something when he got off the ear. It's like everything's wrong. Literally, everything she said is wrong, and we'll slice that up. Let me grab a call real quick here, Hey, Tony, what's going on.
Speaker 8: Well, I just got a little better story than You're at a penny and get three quarters back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, here's you didn't do it.
Speaker 4: Here's ago traveling, Yes.
Speaker 8: Years ago traveling. We stopped at this big change store and I won't mention the name, and I like bought suit and some clothes, so I'll just make up a number. Let's say it was two hundred and forty two dollars. I don't know. I gave the lady three hundred. She rung it up. As my wife walked up. I said, wait a minute, I can give you the exact change. She said, I can't do that. I said, sure about everything. I'll be fine. I'll just give you the exact change and you won't have to give you any change back. Right, In order to do it, she had to avoid whole order and start all over.
Speaker 1: Do you think, you know, here's the only thing I throw out. Do you think that maybe it's because the way she entered it they were expid so when they counted, they were expecting to be three one hundred dollars bills? Or it wasn't about that.
Speaker 8: Right, I can't answer that. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I hold I hold out hope that that's what it is, you know what I mean, I hold out hope that it's that, And then I would totally understand it, and I don't expect them to explain it to me. But the problem is it probably wasn't that they just it and and so to sit here and hear this woman rant about how what a bunch of idiots the founding fathers are. You're a math teacher, right, sir, yes, sir. So I sit there and I look at these like, could you pass a nineteen ten Prairie middle school math test? And the answer is for a lot of people, not a chance. Not a chance.
Speaker 8: I agree with you. I just story with you.
Speaker 1: Hey, No, that's I appreciate it. My man, thank you very much for the call here this morning. Ross. You've seeing those tests like well, this is the from the Great Depression, here's the here's the English test, like yeah, in a coal mine, I would not I'm done.
Speaker 2: No, that's super hard and referred to like you know, letters from the Civil War before and you see like the penmanship and the words he used, they.
Speaker 1: Till the blah blah blah. Yeah, yeah, it's crazy. Oh yeah, the penmansh. That's the other part of it too, this big sweeping you know, almost like feather quillie kind of thing right now, Yeah, they're crazy, insane. If you watch the ken Burn Civil War documentary, they intersplice him in like throughout that whole thing, and you're like, nobody writes like that anymore.
Speaker 2: Right, she's talking twelve years How twelve year olds have a better education than the founding fathers did and it's like those twelve year olds couldn't even read that cursive now.
Speaker 1: No, and that's not their fault, that's that part's not their fault.
Speaker 2: You see this all the time. People like to say people are dumb or they're they're less smart than we are today because they don't have the technology we have today, which is such a bad argument. It's not true at all.
Speaker 1: It's arguably the technology today is increasing some of the level of not understanding these things.
Speaker 2: Correct, Correct, you know the people like they came before, they were super smart me they built the world that we have now. Right, But just imagine it's the same thing, like she's looking back and saying, oh, well, they were dumb because they didn't know about electricity or they didn't have this. Imagine if like years five hundred years from now, they've invented teleportation and they looked back at us today and they say, look at those blithering idiots. They had to drive around in cars and they had to you know, loot the earth. And just because we don't have the technology today doesn't mean we're dumb. I mean some of us are.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, no, no, a thousand case in point by the way. But also there were some really dumb people back when they were burning witches.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: But also I bet this chick thinks they burned witches at Salem. I promise she does.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, she definitely does, because you see that media they did not. Because that was one of the things I focused on when I was loading the audio this morning. They didn't burn witches in Salem. They hung them, or they did what was called press them.
Speaker 1: But they did that to a guy really famously. That explain what this is, because pressing is I didn't even know about this until I actually went to Salem. They just played basically, they crushed you to death slowly with a bunch of rocks. Yeah, and wait on your body and that guy live for days now.
Speaker 2: The burning and the burning of which is if she really wants to get into it, like we said, because she's wrong about everything everything. The last time it was known, it was like it's sixteen forty in Europe and you're talking about the Founding father So the Founding Fathers burned witches. You mentioned Joan of arc and some Joan of Arcs you mentioned a few days ago James Madison was.
Speaker 1: What eighteen years old, eighteen or twenty. Yeah, I can't remember the two.
Speaker 2: But yeah, that math doesn't math if you're talking sixteen forty, and I mean there's a reason they came from Europe to get away from certain things, right like kings and ross and is fact facts so frustrating?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is all right? One more time with his audio because it's it's a whole vibe when.
Speaker 11: The Founding Fathers made this great country. I'm going to stop you right there. The Founding father's own slaves.
Speaker 12: The Founding Fathers had less access to education than a modern day twelve year old. They don't know anything. I don't care what they wanted. I don't care what they think. It's unconstitutional I should vote. So the Constitution was written by people who didn't think women should vote. The Constitution was written by people who had fifteen.
Speaker 11: Year old wives.
Speaker 1: I love how she's proving them wrong on that too, Sei. Can you believe these people didn't think I should be able to vote? Do you believe it? Maybe they had a point, you know, Yeah, anyway, I'm sorry, go ahead.
Speaker 12: Dying in childbirth frequently the Constitution was written by people who had little cartoon Elmer Fudd shotguns, not automatic war machines capable of did.
Speaker 1: By the way, I love the part why she doesn't realize that automatic weapons were already invented by the time of the revolution. Look it up. You don't believe me, go ahead, I mean she won't. But and also the Elmer Fudd's the Shaka shatka technology is not that much different. I don't understand why that's a knockdown. I guess because she wanted to do the weapons of war gun of Rambo thing, but then she's gonna do the uh yeah. The part where everyone's ar fifteen is literally the you know, the fifty cow mounted in the back of the jeep, the Rambo's cutting everyone down in the uh the uh the Burma version of his movie, what are you talking about?
Speaker 11: Send down one hundred children in a minute? And how and will again. The whole point is to change.
Speaker 2: The whole point is to.
Speaker 12: Progressively make better decisions so we do not repeat the atrocities of our ancestors. If I was born at anither time in American history, I would have been burned at the steak or lobottomized.
Speaker 1: And we think, the first of all, you can't lobottomize you twice, ma'am. You came prelebottomized. They just they get that mice pick in there, and they'd be like, why is there a cavity in here already? If I had to.
Speaker 12: Get people doing that are the ones who know what should be going on today. We don't want to listen to people who cured tuberculosis or decided, hey, maybe we shouldn't put lead.
Speaker 11: In house paint.
Speaker 12: You are actively repeating the atrocities of your ancestors.
Speaker 11: You're doing it on pardon.
Speaker 1: Anything else.
Speaker 11: I don't care about the founding fathers.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, it's clear you don't. But also it's clear you have you know nothing about it. You don't understand. And as Ross pointed out, the age there the libraries and collections of not because that's how you had to do it. Now you just you can ask groc you know what I'm saying, and then that is what. But when they wanted to put together collections of knowledge during that era, that's the way that they did it. It's why when they started the Library of Congress, they were able to literally transfer Jefferson's library his personal library. And if you go to Monticello, you go to George Washington's house, you go there, you can go in their libraries and you can see these ornate rooms with books, and some of them are recreations. I think Monticello they just have it represented. But like if you tour these you recognize that they had an immense thirst for knowledge. They wanted it, and I don't care, whether it's to show off at parties or just to sound smarter than everybody. They wanted it, they collected it, they read it, and they know things. And we're able to recall things that nowadays we don't commit to. And part of it is the technology. I remember, and we've said this on there. I remember my best friend's phone number. Ross. Do you remember your best friend's phone number from high school?
Speaker 2: I remember three of them? Yep, yep.
Speaker 1: Do you remember a person that you've met with in the last ten years?
Speaker 8: Is?
Speaker 1: What's my phone number? Do you know my phone number?
Speaker 2: Absolute?
Speaker 1: But you know mine?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: Begins with a six or something?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes it does, because I still have from I look at that Ross is cooking with guess this morning man. Good for you, buddy. And then we get to this. So, do you guys know who Tyler Hero is? Harrow Hero? I don't know how to pronounce it. So this dude who plays for the Miami Heat, pretty good player, was given an interview over the weekend, and look, if you want to be I have questions about the moon landing or flat earth or whatever. I think there's another NBA guy who's all in on the flat Earth. I sure, I've seen it all, but let me just tell you, this isn't some guy wondering if the Kennedy. You know, if we know the truth about Kennedy, his conspiracy goes a lot deeper. And I'm gonna explain it to you coming up, and I don't know who knows. Maybe you can just get in on this action because I had never heard this, and this dude's just doing it. He's on a podcast talking about it for like two hours. We'll get into it next hang on a week long broadcast up here in western North Carolina, and as the week unfolds, we're going to be diving into a cast of characters and guests and various folks just from western North Carolina talking about what's going on, what recovery has been like. Because like we've seen the pictures, we've sliced and diced the politics, we probably know somebody who was personally impacted. If we've spent more than five minutes living in the state of North Carolina and made friends over the years, how many of you have where you go, even if it's not the mountains, maybe it's on the coast. You have a whole separate set of people who are local business owners, people who maybe live full time in these areas that you've gotten to know over the years because your family tradition is going to Serf City, or to Banner Elk or to Ash County, which I love going back up in Ash County because you can get away from some people, drive past Lancing and then watch your cell signal go away and get excited about that. But wherever that is, you developed these relationships and then knowing what happened, whether it is one of the hurricanes that hit the coast. Uh ros, you remember what happened to doctor Campbell's excuse me you and doctor Campbell's time share boom right? You saw what happened up there with where the crown cap of his beach house came out and then just mold city man.
Speaker 2: We had to do so many repairs. Yeah, yeah, it was crazy. It was like his wall turned green. It was our wall did turn green. I'm sorry, you're thank thank you whatever.
Speaker 1: I don't believe I messed that up. And uh, but so when it when it comes to what happened to West North Carolina, that's what we know. But to see it and to understand it, that's uh that's why we're here doing what we're doing, okay, and uh, we'll we'll we'll bring you those stories. And I like the positive side of it, dude. The upbeat nature of people who basically had to take a year off, who's whose livelihoods we were threatened, and their willingness and and and wanting to get back to it and really the job that they're doing. It's really inspiring, man, because it's very easy to destroy your hands and be like I'm done, and some people did have to do that, But to go through the slog and come out the other side, I don't care whether it's it's uh, that story is an inspirational story within within human nature, whether it's a hurricane, it's personal troubles within your life. And that's that's what we're here for, okay, and also to get educated on how the fauniding fathers were dumb. She's also I'm just thinking about this ross. That woman is probably one of these people who reads that Anne Frank article and goes that makes a lot of sense for those who don't know, because I didn't know. Apparently an Frank super gay or bisexual. Yeah, I know that's offensive to say out loud like it makes me uncomfortable to say it, but to read the article laying this out over the weekend, stop it. This is this is the same long connected chain of everyone in history has either has autism or was trans right. We keep seeing the stories like that we had one not long ago. But to take a remember she was thirteen as she's writing that eventually found eventually taken to uh, you know, Burke and Belsen where she dies at the age of fifteen. But basically, her life as she knew it stopped when she was about twelve, right when the family went into hiding. And then she you know, she chronicles what's going on, and it creates this very unique and interesting and sad but also in kind of in firing book of her thoughts and her observations, and yes, some of her thoughts and observations that they glom onto are the fact that here she is maturing into a woman, or on the cusp of doing that, right, making that transition. And like any thirteen year old, you you don't know what you don't know, and you start, you ask questions, you wonder about things. You so for her to openly muse what it must be like to kiss somebody, whether it's a girl or a guy or any of the rest. She doesn't have much of a social life. You realize that, right, and yet for you to then propagandize it and write this article, it's gross. It's gross. No one should be concerning themselves with Anne Frank's sexuality.
Speaker 2: It's so weird. I saw this a few years ago. It was a few years but.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not the first bite at this.
Speaker 2: I think it was. I don't remember what the publisher was or where it came from, but it was an argument they were trying to make. I think it was during Pride month and they were like, oh, well, you know she was super gay, and uh, yeah, there. I guess. There's two versions of Anne Frank's diary that her father otto edited, and I think in the version that we read that you and I read back in the nineties, right when we were in school, that read that was her picture on the front. Yeah, that was that was the edited version, I believe. And they try to point this out correct. Yeah, so there's two versions and they're saying the one the unedited. They're like, oh, she wrote all this sexual stuff.
Speaker 1: Well, no, she didn't, she did not. She wrote like, there's two things that they always one of it was what it's like to kiss a girl. And she's she's writing this stuff and she can't conceptualize it because there's no other girl to kiss, and because.
Speaker 2: She she's hiding in an attic from people that a dead.
Speaker 1: So imagine them thoughts that go through you and I had when we were, you know, becoming the men and women that we are, right and you're discovering you're like, you get feelings because you're not eight anymore, and you're just trying to make sense of that in a normal environment. Right, in a normal environment as a kid, you don't know what the heck's going on. Man, Now couple it with what you're in hiding with your family and if you make any noise, the Nazis will find you. And trying to process all of that. Now, I take you to this tyler hero. I know there's a bit of a running theme this morning. Well it's all just coming together, Okay. So I saw a little snippet of this interview. So this guy is an NBA player. He plays for plays for the Miami Heat and pretty good player. Pretty good player. I can't remember all of what his college stats where he played for Kentucky. Yeah, so he averaged fourteen points, four and a half rebounds at a very good basketball school. So that's great. Maybe, if you're the NBA, maybe you tell him not to do the podcast anymore. I don't know. So Tyler Hero claims he doesn't believe in history. Let me say that again. Tyler Hero says he doesn't believe in history. Hero said he doesn't believe in history before nineteen fifty, including some events after such as the moon landing or Wilt Chamberlain's hundred point game. Which that's the thing to say if you play in the NBA, right, isn't that? How do we know?
Speaker 4: Right? So?
Speaker 1: Heroes twenty five was live streaming with Aiden Ross and Aiden aid Ross is an interesting cat. I'll let you can have judgment not but it's it's not a deep dive philosophical show. Okay, regardless, I'm not. This is not Ross. Ross asked the question and seemed equally as amazed at the answer he was getting. Ross asked Harro if he thought when he said I didn't believe in history, and this is a good response. He goes, well, do you believe Chamberlain when playing for the I guess it was Philadelphia Warriors at the time in nineteen sixty two, scored one hundred points. He said, yeah, but do you think history is a real thing? And Ross replied yeah, and he goes, well, I don't believe in history, and then he says no, I'm dead a which is I guess the way that you say no, cap now anyway, and he went on to it and again, you should you have a healthy skepticism for historical events. Absolutely, And it's not to say, look, there's lots of things that we find out where either and a lot of it's through you know, people manipulating things for whatever reason. But like to just flat out say you don't believe in history?
Speaker 2: Does he mean it? Like in regards the simulation theory, because that's like part of it. Sometimes I read I didn't see that, And just to explain that, like imagine like Neo in the matrix, right, so he's in the matrix. It's all a simulation. He's living in the nineties. The computers making the simulation could just write up everything that happened before the nineties, and you'd have no idea because you're in the simulation.
Speaker 1: No, So they kept drilling down him. He's like, like, he goes, let me give you an example. How do we know Christopher Columbus discovered the Americans? Now he's not doesn't mean a nuance of Well, technically he didn't lay you know, he didn't step on to the North American contiguous US continent right where Columbus ended up documenting during that initial you know is the Caribbean. Okay, but that's not what he means. He's not slicing and nice in whether the isle of Hispaniola counts is North America, which technically does. But he's gone, like, how do we know Christopher Columbus came over? How do we know he was real? How do you know anything was real? Ross? What year was your mom born?
Speaker 2: Nineteen forty eight?
Speaker 1: Is your mom real? She is? Have you asked her?
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure she's real.
Speaker 1: I don't, tyler, hero don't think so. And that grandma and grandpa you had grandparents?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: Or did you? Or did I did? I don't know that card with five dollars in it? Do you really know where it came from? So that's a that's a heck of a conspiracy theory. Man.
Speaker 2: I still have those bonds man.
Speaker 1: Oh really yep, I mean you think you do? Right, Yeah, that's a good point all right. Anyway, let's get rased agic in here with this special new super cool music, which is actually music from the nineties, so from the nineties. We take me BA Tyler Hero does believe in that. So some NBA players said, he doesn't believe in history, Oh anything before nineteen fifty, doesn't.
Speaker 4: Believe it happened, World War two?
Speaker 1: Whatever. Yeah, interesting, that's that's the whole thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sometimes we want to forget history, right.
Speaker 1: That's different. That's different. That is different to question history. And the narrative that we have is that's great. You should do that, you know, because you know what did happen though?
Speaker 2: What did the Weather channel in nineteen ninety two? In the music?
Speaker 1: Yeah, post nineteen fifty he believes in that, so right, that didn't make history.
Speaker 4: What did I get here? It's ninety six. I've been here since ninety six, twenty nine years.
Speaker 1: Then you're real time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I am real.
Speaker 1: It's totally Unfortunately, Ross's mom born before nineteen fifty.
Speaker 4: Not real, so not real, not really, It's too bad. Sorry, Ross, Yeah, sorry.
Speaker 1: Many what's going on is rain rather than way too much rain.
Speaker 10: Stop it, yeah, way too much two to five plus inches basically the line from Rocky Mount toward Greenville and even closer in and west of Goldsborough three point four five at four olks. These are twenty four hours totals either side of an inch from the Triad to the Triangle. But a flood watch staying place in tonight. There could be in spots an additional two to five inches of rain, So be prepared, especially if it comes overnight tonight, and have a plan. Just be ready a little bit different than severe thunderstorm warnings. During flooding, obviously you want to seek higher ground. It's going to be warm and humid today, mid upper eighties, close to ninety degrees in some areas, and then tomorrow we'll have rain chances, but they'll still be up there in the afternoon hours, low nineties. Will feel close to one hundred for the Triangle. Try it maybe in the upper eighties and then Wednesdays still a fair rain chance, but it's going to be hot, humid for the rest of the week. In the Triangle maybe ninety to ninety five with eat in Dissy's close to one hundred. Quite that hot for the triad, but pretty close to ninety degrees so hot humid. Big downpours, Yeah, big downpours probably this afternoon, tonight, maybe tomorrow. So additional flooding possible if not likely.
Speaker 1: Okay, glad I went to the mountains for the week.
Speaker 4: Holy, yeah it is.
Speaker 1: We'll talk tomorrow, sir, Have a good one. Jeff Bellinger's next hanging on, Jeff, what's happening man? Well case.
Speaker 13: Worries over the escalating conflict between Israel and Dran send stock prices lower on Friday, but the future suggests the market's going to start out higher. This morning, The Dow futures are up two hundred and sixty nine points. This report is sponsored by Total Wine and More. Oil prices jumped Friday, they remain higher on concerns that conflict in the Middle East could disrupt supplies. Music lovers will get a bit of a break this summer. Prices for concert tickets have declined by the most and more than a decade. Poll Star data indicate the average price to attend one of the world's top one hundred tours is down about six percent from last year to one hundred twenty dollars. That is still about seventy percent higher than in twenty ten. Another retailer is struggling. At Home Groups filed for Chapter eleven bankruptcy. The company's lenders will take over the business. At Home has more than two hundred and fifty stores across the country. They sell everything from patio furniture to picture frames and rugs. Tariff a lot of people worried. Bank Creag reports nearly two thirds of American Americans fear of the levies on foreign made goods will have a negative impact on their personal finances. But some of President Trump's economic proposals, such as eliminating the tax on Social Security benefits and capping credit card interest rates, are viewed more favorably. And Casey, it was a big opening weekend for How to Train Your Dragon. The DreamWorks film debuted in first place in movie theater box offices, with studio estimates putting ticket sales at nearly eighty four million dollars.
Speaker 1: Casey, oh, I missed it. Oh well, all right, thank you much, Jeff appreciate it. Okay, all right, yeah, I haven't been really my type of movie there, so all right, let's see, all right, just a couple of quick little things for make sure I have any one of the phones. I do not? Um, Yeah, here we go Ross. Did you see I know you try to avoid. Did you see the Western moonbats from like Europe in the US who went on the march to Gaza and how that ended? Yeah, what'd you think of that? So for those who don't know, they had like their band of like, oh, we're gonna march to Gaza, it's gonna be great. But they tried to march through Egypt and I don't know if you know this, there's a giant security wall between Egypt and the West Bank or excuse me, the Gaza.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, there's a reason why the the you know, those in Gaza can't go to Egypt because Egypt doesn't let them in.
Speaker 1: Well, now, to be fair, no Muslim country lets them in, with the exception of some that did resettle in Syria at one time. Now none of them are allowed, but Egypt really doesn't let him. So these Egyptians are watching these the White Savior complex, you know Greta because a couple of them were people were on the boat with Greta. I don't know if you know this, and they're marching and then they were gonna tear down the gate and march into Gaza, and the Egyptians beat the crap out of them. I'm not and I'm not exaggerating. I know you saw the video of the woman who said she was being blackmailed, but she obviously doesn't know what that word means and her face is all puffy because they beat the crap and then deported them right.
Speaker 2: They were beating and they were suffering from heatstroke.
Speaker 1: Uh huh. And then they'd like, and you're getting deported, and they deported them out of Egypt because uh, Egypt, don't play that. They were not having any of that. It was actually it was more I just assumed that they wouldn't let him near the fence and then that would be it, and they'd do some chanting. But no, the Egyptians had a very negative reaction to that.