Speaker 1: Yo, so Disturbed is going to be playing Dicky's Arena on for twenty six and we're gonna give away a pair of tickets right now through the iHeart app. Use that streaming app, click on the microphone right there when you're streaming a show and leave your name, your phone number, your email address, and the answer to this question which show is having its season finale tonight that Kat is going to watch right after the Texas Tech NCAA Tournament game we were just talking about it. If you know which show is having the season finale and you're the third person that leaves your name, your phone number, your email address, and all that information on the talkback feature, you're gonna win these Disturbed tickets. I want to ask you a question, as you look back on your whole basketball viewing fandom and you look at March Madness, what players come to mind of guys that you didn't really know a ton about but they became so well known after their tournament.
Speaker 2: Maybe they played their way into.
Speaker 3: The spotlight, maybe they ended up going on to be a pro after that, or maybe they just had a hell of a tournament. Are there any because I'm wondering if there's guys I'm gonna fall in love.
Speaker 2: With over the course of this tournament.
Speaker 1: Yeah, said, man, I'm totally blanking on the little white boy's name from Valparaiso. But he ended up being a first round pick for the Houston Rods.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Brice Drew.
Speaker 1: That guy danced all over the NCAA tournament and his bald dad danced with him, and and then he got drafted and was like, oh my god, this guy's not an NBA player.
Speaker 2: What were we doing?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: But man, he had on and it's Valparaiso and his brothers beat today.
Speaker 2: Is that right?
Speaker 1: And his brother obviously he has put together a mini dynasty at Baylor Scott Drew. But anyways, that's the first thing that came to mind where I thought you were going at first. The most memorable memorable thing I ever can recall is the Kentucky Duke game. That's still maybe the greatest basketball game later unbelievable. And I was watching that on my couch in Austin. Jamal Mashburn had fouled out, and then, uh, you know, early early memories, the Louisville Houston game that would have been in eighty two, the semi final before the championship game. The championship game, NC State upset Houston. But that Houston Louisville game, Oh my god, it was just dunk after dunk. I mean, it was the wildest.
Speaker 2: It was so good.
Speaker 1: God, it was so college basketball used to be amazing.
Speaker 2: It's still really fun.
Speaker 1: It was just a different era and you didn't have you had more guys staying in college till their junior year, so the caliber of play was really good.
Speaker 4: It's weird now, it's what Clilson just had thirteen points in the first half.
Speaker 1: This may sound hyper bullock. I mean, it was gonna go where it was gonna go. But college basketball built ESPN in the eighties, dude. You know, I remember like staying home from school and watching games in the afternoon on repeat, Like they had the Big East and ACC games, and that was what was on ESPN every night. And college basketball had players like Michael Jordan's staying till his junior year, and it just it built up ESPN into what it was turned and Dick Vital became a national celebrity.
Speaker 2: He was a spare coach at University of Detroit.
Speaker 4: Madden wasn't a great football coach either, dude, he won a Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: It was great. That's a great point by both men. He had stas. But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 4: Come stay on top in the shovel.
Speaker 5: We'll getting naughty.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you some sex stories here in a minute, but first, Uh, I want to let's get it built up first.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: So there is a movie that was made and it was shelved. And I knew about this about a year ago.
Speaker 2: I don't think you did.
Speaker 5: And no, I think this was a big twenty twenty four story.
Speaker 4: And it was Coyote versus Acme, which sounds very it's animated but also with humans in it.
Speaker 5: It sounds like Loony a of one of Brothers movie.
Speaker 4: And the story is Kyote said it's animated or no, it's animated and reel.
Speaker 2: So it's like you have an animated carreat.
Speaker 4: Yeah, jam and this and the guy wrote it was the James Gunn, the guy who did uh who used to be married to Pan from the office way back in the day.
Speaker 5: He wrote Guardians of the Galaxy and some other things.
Speaker 2: He was a bad guy, right, uh.
Speaker 4: He know he had some fiery tweets that now would be seen as nothing Okay, basically John Cena, isn't it too, Christina? Basically Coyote. He's had it up to here with acme, and he's hired a lawyer. His lawyer is Will Forte. Okay, and this movie costs seventy million dollars to make, and they're gonna make it, and they did, and then they go out, we're not gonna release it. Now. You could do that because it sucked, but Will Forte claims it doesn't suck.
Speaker 5: And he said, well, he didn't say. This is as unknown thing that happened.
Speaker 4: There was a thirty million dollars tax right off that they got by not releasing it. That's so they're looking a little hedge or money. We're probably not gonna make that much money with this movie, so let's go ahead and cut our losses get as much back as we can. This is Will Forte. This has been around for a little bit. But I'll explain afterwards why this is in the news today. Here's Will Forte on a podcast about a couple months ago.
Speaker 6: I don't know what was My thoughts were that it's a bullsh.
Speaker 2: It is such a delightful movie.
Speaker 6: It deserves so much better than I don't. I can't tell you possibly why the decision was made to not release it, but it makes.
Speaker 2: My blood boil.
Speaker 6: And thank you for asking me about it because I like talking about the movie because I don't want people to forget what they did to this.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 6: I appreciate them letting us make it, but like you know, don't let us don't don't don't let us make this thing that we fall in love with and then not show it. I mean, I would understand if the thing sucked, but it's really good.
Speaker 4: Now. He might just be saying that because he's in it and he's the star of the movie.
Speaker 2: You know what, Here's here's what I'm thinking.
Speaker 1: I have a premise already, and it may be it may be wrong on the studio's part. But like you, guys love I think you should leave. And the people that love it love it. Brain Candy and the kids in the hall that stuff. I love it. We talk about mister Show all the time. This is stuff that people that are super into content and the creation of content and sence, unique sensibilities. I love it, but it's never going to have mainstream appeal. If you're doing something with looney tunes, The idea is that it's going to be something with mainstream appeal and nostalgia factor. And the fact that Will Forte, who's a weird dude, it feels really bad about me, makes me think that the executives are looking at going, who's going to go see this? Like? This doesn't tie into the nostalgia thing, Like it sounds like it sounds like it's probably something we would all love. Yeah, a great premise, but that they're sitting there going this is not going to have mainstream appeal.
Speaker 4: There are people who have seen it and said it's great. Yeah, and you know whatever, because I think it went to a couple of the film festivals again last year the spring of last year, and then it got shelve last minute.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 4: There's an indie company called Ketchup and they're offering fifty million dollars to get it and release it, and I hope they go through with it. So wait, they're called Ketchup like C A T C hup K E t ch and Ketchup Entertainment. Yeah, I didn't know what they have. Are they a production studio yeah, independent film production yeah, and distribution company.
Speaker 2: They're they all funded.
Speaker 4: They just released the Looney Tunes movie that came out last week called The Day the Earth Blew Up, which stars Daffy and Porky, And I think it's got like five million dollars, like it's Porky's.
Speaker 5: So like I don't know.
Speaker 4: Well, to me, it's like when anyone though, like when you pour your heart into something though. Yeah, and then like we did this because we wanted to show it to people, and now I can't show it, like I can't do it.
Speaker 5: I can't put it on YouTube or whatever.
Speaker 4: Right, and then you know he's saying it's good, and there are other people again that said it's good.
Speaker 5: It's probably not gonna win an award.
Speaker 2: Y all love Will Forte. The four of us would think it's great.
Speaker 4: I would love to see this thing happen now. Seventy million dollars to make a movie like that, I don't know. He looks like so basically he is Wiley Cowty's lawyer. John Cena is the ACME, the Big Company, you know, so I could see some good crazy courtroom scenes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so there's that. I love it. I love it now. I don't know. I'm not super familiar with the business of movies. You know how it all works.
Speaker 3: But I mean, if somebody's gonna pay fifty for it, they're gonna put it in the theaters, right because otherwise they would have to sell it for more than that to Netflix or whatever.
Speaker 2: Netflix would just buy it.
Speaker 4: Well you know what, you know, maybe Netflix gives that company, you know, twenty five million for us to have it, and then you get like half your money back while also distributing it to the theater as well.
Speaker 1: The other problem is in probably another reason why, Like this is the reason that there was a comic superhero movie that was shelved that they spent one hundred and twenty million dollars on and they determined up for this, they determined it was bad.
Speaker 2: But they're like, this is so bad.
Speaker 1: Once we spend the next eighty million dollars to market it, we're gonna lose even more. So I can't remember. I thought it was like a female superhero. Yeah, I think the bairl I don't think so. And it was right after there was a new studio head. But the whole thing is like you're looking at it going okay, so it cost them seventy million to make, Well, then they're probably gonna market it for another fifty million dollars. Yeah, and they're going, okay, are we going to drop one twenty on this?
Speaker 3: This has some juice though, if you were already talking about it and there's some buzz. Yeah, like the idea of the movie they never wanted us to release. It's got some marketing potential already. We'll fourteen John Cena.
Speaker 4: But John Cena turned heel, which she might have been doing in preparation for this role.
Speaker 5: That's what I actually bad guy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Cody Roads in this thing, but I've got quite a movie on her hands.
Speaker 3: We can all understand how Will Forte feels, though, man kind of dumb.
Speaker 2: My mind reminds me hit it home.
Speaker 4: Gwyneth Paltrow and Timothy Shamahammed ding Dong are in a movie on Christmas Day this year. It's called Marty Supreme. Seems like an NCAA tournament name. That's a tease later in the show. Listen a little bit later for the name game. Timothy Shall mays a ping pong pro in this movie, and she's the wife of Arrival, but then she ends up getting a little more intimate with him, and she told Vanity Fair in an interview that they had a lot of sex in that movie.
Speaker 5: Quote there's a lot. I mean a lot.
Speaker 4: I was like, okay, great, I'm one hundred and nine years old than you're fourteen. She also knows he's a man who takes his work really seriously and is a fun partner.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, it's a comedy.
Speaker 5: I think it's a comedy.
Speaker 2: It's cast ping pong. Yeah, it's gotta be right.
Speaker 4: The cast again, a seventy million dollar budget when we're on that. It's a savdy brother thing, so I expect it to be very weird. Tyler the creators in it, Kevin O'Leary from.
Speaker 2: A Shark Butt, mister wonderful Man.
Speaker 1: The Tyler the Creator Extravaganza rolled through town on Monday, and my son went to it and he was so blown away. He's like, I need to go to more concerts. Ten out of ten, this is the best thing I've ever got to. Tyler puts on a wild show.
Speaker 5: It was crazy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, lots of flames, lots of flames, lots of screaming. I'll say this about Timothy shallowmye he ain't doing any movies that aren't gonna be good. He is very serious about winning all the awards. He's one of those guys like legacy matters. I'm only doing stuff that will keep me in contention of being the most serious actor ever.
Speaker 5: His Bob Dylan movie is about to be streaming too.
Speaker 2: It's awesome.
Speaker 5: It's good. If you can make it to the first thirty minutes, it's great. Yeah, it's got to hook you. It's tough to get hooked on it.
Speaker 2: It's really good.
Speaker 4: I like it.
Speaker 2: All right. There you have it.
Speaker 3: There's the Hollywood Shuffle coming up next. Where are we gonna go when we go around the sports Kevin.
Speaker 4: Well, You're not gonna believe what Mark Folwell said last night. Man