Speaker 1: Yeah, ripped up news. You need that so you don't have come running. Just as fast as we can.
Speaker 2: Shooter's gonna help come.
Speaker 3: Man, This is the Troubleshooter Show. Now, Tom Martino, Hi.
Speaker 4: Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five on my wide shot here for my streaming morons on YouTube, Facebook, flunkies and everyone else tuning in on the video portion. I have Michael O'Malley with me from PETROLLI roofing out of Colorado Springs, and uh.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna welcome him.
Speaker 4: And then we're talking about life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. We're talking about solving problems. I'm gonna get right to the phones. But one thing that I was going to talk about today and then Mike and I were just discussing it off the air, and I don't know what we're going to do about it or where it's going. And it's really a mixed bag. But the bottom line is, I don't know how people are dealing with expenses now. It affects everyone. I don't care how much money you make, you still are affected because if you make a lot of money. You still you want to keep a lot, you want to you have needs, you want to retire, maybe travel, And the bigger your nut is to crack. That's the expression for what you need just to get by. The harder it is to do that. And so many people that are in the higher income brackets may not. They although they feel the pain, they don't feel the pressure. They feel the pain, not the pressure. And it is really getting to be outrageous how things are being priced, and there's no one fault. But I almost believe some of it's exaggerated. I'm not talking about you know what you're going to hear corporate greed, although some of that does come into it. But I think what happens is this, This is my assessment what I believe. I don't have hard, cold, hard facts, but with the tolerance level for pricing in a home, for maintaining your home, the tolerance level for everything from paving to painting, to roofing, to appliances to HVAC, plumbing, electrical sewers, name anything on the home, anything, floor coverings, anything, our tolerance in pricing is at a certain level until we're jolted. And I believe COVID did a lot of jolting. COVID did a lot of jolting because because it shut down supply lines, it reduced inventories around the world, and it made us more tolerant for waiting and more tolerant for more expensive because again the supply chain was cut short and when demand outweighs, supply prices go up. And then add to that the government spending, which added to the supply of money, which added to inflation, therefore more expenses. I believe that our tolerance as people have been we have been conditioned. So we used to have a low tolerance. Now we have a higher tolerance because we're saying, oh, yeah, you know, supplies and this and that, and we've come to accept some of it now because we've come to accept some of it. I believe, and look, I talk to more consumers than anyone. There's not a person in the world that directly talks to more consumers. Oh, we have departments and customer service and government agencies that talk to consumers, but individually, I talk to more consumers in a year than anyone. I communicate with more consumers than anyone, emails, texts, voicemails on the show, more than anyone.
Speaker 5: I don't care.
Speaker 4: There's no one that talks to more or directly to more businesses directly. Now, you might have a roofing supplier that talks to Michael Mallley here, and he talks to dozens of roofers, but that's all he talks to. Right.
Speaker 5: Then you might have somebody who talks to other people.
Speaker 4: But as far as an array of businesses, no one talks to more vary businesses than I do in a year. So I have the intel from discussing things with more consumers and more businesses than any individual. Okay, my array of people I talk to. I'm not saying there's not people or agencies or companies that do it. But as an individual, it's all up in here, and I'm going to tell you something, and I'm not saying it's evil or bad or anything. I'm just going to state of fact. Companies are taking advantage are a higher tolerance. They're socking it to us. They know that we expect higher prices, and they're cashing in on it for higher profits. Now I don't mean normal profits like they normally have. I mean higher proportion of profits, not lower. And I don't care how companies cry the blue O. They're making out like bandits because of it. Okay, not all of them, but a good number of companies all over the country are taking advantage. Now it's legal.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 4: I've always said, like on my referral list, I don't control pricing.
Speaker 5: I don't.
Speaker 4: And here's the problem. When you have pricing done the way it is, it's not like you can shop around and find appreciably cheaper stuff. So you're not led to believe they're taking advantage because they're all kind of priced in that cluster. Just like with airfares. Well, if you get a deck built, landscaping, HVAC roofing, roofings a little strange animal in Colorado because most roofings paid by insurance, so we don't hear a lot of price complaints. But you have these clusters of businesses and they're all kind of silently wink. I'm not going to undercut the industry.
Speaker 5: You don't undercut the industry. We'll all make money.
Speaker 4: It's got to stop, because I believe profit's wonderful. I believe making money is wonderful. I believe gouging people and taking advantage of their tolerances is wrong. I don't think it's illegal. I think it's wrong. I just think it is. There are companies that, if they can get away with it, and we found them trying, that would charge nine thousand dollars to replace a toilet nine thousand dollars. Now, how is someone to know if that's a high price or a low price, other than it's expensive. We have found furnace HVAC. That's furnace and air in some houses forty thousand dollars unless you live in a giant mansion like Downton Abbey. If you spent forty thousand dollars on heating it and air, and I don't give a good goddamn where you bought it. If it's someone from the referral list, they did you wrong. Now I am at a point in my career now where I don't care who I call down. And actually I've always been like that, but more so now I don't care if you spent forty thousand dollars on heating and air unless there is something extraordinary about it. Now there could be okay, like the hybrids with electric and gas and high efficiency and different kinds of combinations.
Speaker 5: I'm not sure if Mark's tuned.
Speaker 4: On today if he's your man. But Mark, we've talked about this, and I'm just going to say it. There are people being ripped off and it's not an illegal ripping off. They're taking advantage of people, and I don't know what to do about it because I thought, what if I put out a range of pricing that's not really fair? And I'm going to tell you why If I say, a furnace and air conditioner or a roof again, roofs, a weird category, a siding, a deck, something should cost in this range, they may not find it in that range because the industry as an industry, although there's no one in there saying I'm going to be a liar and a cheater and a rip off because they're not. But they're all doing that pricing thing. They're all doing that pricing thing above way above what was normal and way above what they need to be. Now someone's going to say, how dare you tom say what it needs to be?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 4: I get that. What's wrong with someone wanting to make a return on their investment? Okay, because in business people look at ROI what that means is the amount of money you invest you want to get a return on because if you can take one thousand dollars and you put it in a treasury bill and you can make six percent five and a half six, obviously, why would you take the risk of.
Speaker 5: A business unless you make more than that?
Speaker 4: Right, So, if you can go in the stock market in an SMP fund and you can make if you really select some good stocks and just ride it out and have the time horizon, you can make twenty eight or thirty percent.
Speaker 1: You can.
Speaker 4: I don't care what you say. The stock market has its benefits for those who know how to do it and aren't stupid and crazy, and the ones who have a big enough time horizon. But to get into business you have to have the reason, which is a return on investment. That doesn't mean buying yourself a job. So if I start an HVAC company or a plumbing company or a landscaping company, I don't want to just make enough to make me a wage. I can go work for someone for that and not have all the responsibility.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 4: So, in addition to a wage, what a company does is they look at all their product costs and all their overhead and their wages. Okay, so you got people. You got parts, and you have overhead, and you add all that up, and if you put one thousand dollars in and you are only buying yourself a job, that's not a good investment. So they want to make money. So what is the acceptable? I'm not the one to tell you that ten percent, twenty percent, thirty percent, forty percent, fifty percent, sixty percent.
Speaker 5: Well, I want to tell you something.
Speaker 4: There are some private equity firms now going out taking over companies, and do you know what they want to make eighty percent on their money? Sixty to eighty percent on their money. Now, no matter how you look at that, it is that much above after paying all expenses, all overhead and all wages. Should companies make profit? Of course they should. Am I going to be the one to limit them?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 4: But I believe the marketplace needs to. And I believe if there are companies out there, instead of struggling to beat the living crap out of people to get the most expense you can out of them once, maybe or twice, how about offering such a value that you do the volume and kick the living crap out of the higher ones and just stay like that. There's a possibility you will get more return on your dollar. But listen again, I'm done preaching. But I have seen more complaints about pricing and lack of value now than ever before. And it's not all COVID's fault. It's not all lack of supply chain fault, it's not all the fault of the government or inflation. Some of it is just down write greed and taking advantage of consumers. So my new thing is this, even though I can't control pricing, I'm going to tell you if I think is ridiculous, and then eventually maybe we beat the hell out of businesses enough where they start maybe wanting to be competitive instead of wink wink. Let's get as much as we can from these a holes and see what we can. Then we'll sell to a private equity company and then we'll move.
Speaker 5: On with our millions.
Speaker 4: You know, I know I sound maybe a little like Bernie Sanders, and I don't mean to. I want people to make money, But there's a certain degree that you have to ask yourself. Is a forty thousand dollars furnace and air system really? Come on?
Speaker 5: Do you think do you think that's an exaggerated quote?
Speaker 4: Mark? Is that an exaggerated quote. No, I had a quote that high. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm.
Speaker 7: Gonna tell you it's really you just just to throw this out there, man, I'm not trying to poo poo. You're well, go ahead, Mark, No, no, go ahead. But I honestly, I think the market makes itself. There's companies that are higher. Then you have a company like Europlumbing or Master Services that do go in. The owner might make the same dollar amount, but he's never going to make that same margin. So they do do it on volume right now. But I don't have any issue with long as it's upfront and the pricing's explained and everything's there. Now, there is a point that you could call it gouging, But for the general most generally companies aren't that crazy. No, well, Mark, I can't imagine the government or anybody else getting involved in I'm.
Speaker 4: Asking to get there. The hell I'm not asking, you know. Here's what I'm saying, Okay, And when they are present at a price up front, I am saying, how do they know that's a good price or a bad price? They don't all around and get Yeah, but even if they call around, here's the unfortunate part. As I said, you got the wink wink. They're calling around and they're getting relatively the same prices. That's why someone has to step out and start thinking value.
Speaker 7: Let me just say this, I want to bring up a perfect example, and you tell me if you think this is gam I.
Speaker 4: Gotta take a break and I want you to bring up the example. But listen, callers, I promise I'll get to you. But I'm really pissed off because I feel for people. I feel for myself. I think there's there's plenty of money to be made, but there's there's got to be something I don't know. There's got to be some reason, and not just giant profits.
Speaker 5: We have more coming up.
Speaker 4: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer. When you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here three O three seven to one three talks seven one three eight two five five Paul the Waterman, the greatest water, the lowest prices. Now that's value of fourteen hundred dollars fully installed at your kitchen sink for triple filter reverse osmosis three O three eight six two five five five four waterpros dot net. Hey, let's go to David, who has this sounds weird something about puppies. What's going on, David, what's happening?
Speaker 8: Well, good morning, calm, nice for you to call him.
Speaker 4: What's happening man, what's going on?
Speaker 6: Well, we have this little puppy that we went to the dove shelter off Quebec and the Mblands and.
Speaker 4: You adopted a puppy.
Speaker 6: Yeah, she was a one year old puppy. And yeah, when when we went down there, we filled out the papers and everything and yeah, you know, and they had a microchip put in her and all this stuff. You know. So one day she got after I got her, one day she she got loose, you know, she runs off.
Speaker 4: Now, how long after you got her did she get loose?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 6: At least at least at least a year.
Speaker 4: Oh, okay, so you've had her for you got her when she was a year old and now she's about two.
Speaker 9: She was a year old, she was a year old.
Speaker 6: She was born in and before twenty three?
Speaker 4: Okay, so when did when? So you've had her a year though before she got loose.
Speaker 9: We got her. We got her in around March of twenty four.
Speaker 6: And she turned too. Now she got out twice. She's got out the second time.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 6: Pretty crazy. How I found her and I found the person that I got her, picked her up from the shelter. Well, this lady remains Ashley. And the way I found out that where they took her, because they took her to Riverside a clinic where they I guess it's in Brighton or or a Commerce city. Well I was living in Commerce City.
Speaker 4: Is that is that a clinic or is that a shelter? What is Riverside?
Speaker 6: That's a shelter adoption and everything?
Speaker 9: It was like the one in Quebec in Denver.
Speaker 6: So okay, so I talked to so I went around. First time I found her, Well, the little girl, she followed the little girl from the park right around and just just one hundred yards away. And I went up to the first time when I found her that she broke out, Well, she was in I went up to the door to knock on the door, and I looked through the door because it's a glass door. She was right there, and the owner of the house was a lady. She said, oh. And the husband he said, ah, this must be your dog, and I said, yeah, it is my dog. I thanked him and thanked the little girl and the family and her brother home. Well, now this is the time she broke out. It was a couple of days ago. So I'm walking around doing the same thing looking for her. And this lady was driving out of her driveway from her garage, and I said, I introduced.
Speaker 4: Myself and I hey, David, David, listen. I don't David, I want to hear your story, but I want to know what you're calling about. Oh, yeah, the dog was re let me guess. The dog was recovered and taken to Riverside by someone.
Speaker 9: Right right, correct?
Speaker 6: Okay, And they found the chip in her There were two chips.
Speaker 5: Still, okay, So then what happened?
Speaker 6: So they read one chip and they didn't read my chip, so they so they got in touch with uh, I guess I don't know how they do it. If they got in touch with this lady.
Speaker 4: That had her, that used to have her, Yeah, you used to have her.
Speaker 6: Well the chip, they had a chip in her, She had a chip in her. So they contacted her and she came down and she's I talked to the lady at the SOD.
Speaker 4: Did they hand the dog over to the old owner?
Speaker 6: Yeah, but at the first time that she ever lost the dogs. The first time that lady lost the dog, she came in and she said she didn't want the puppy, so they went up for adoption.
Speaker 5: So let me, I don't understand.
Speaker 4: I don't know if they're there were two chips, David, or one chip that had old information. But here's the deal.
Speaker 5: Hold on this.
Speaker 4: If this wasn't original, this was an original owner who did not know the dog had been recovered, Is that right?
Speaker 6: Well, yeah, she did know. She went down there to claim the dog, they thought the people and she refused the dog because I talked to him.
Speaker 4: And when did she refuse the dog? How long ago?
Speaker 9: The day the day that we adopted her. That was back in uh Okay.
Speaker 4: So you're saying she had a chance to get this dog back and turned it down. But now here's what I'm asking without the long story, David, Is she now saying she wants the dog?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, And she came out with a name Trinsis, and then they had a name from the she changed the name. They changed the name to claude.
Speaker 1: Is.
Speaker 4: Okay, So, so whose dog is it?
Speaker 6: It's it's well, it's her dog, but she gave it up for adoption.
Speaker 4: Well did she give it up or was it or was it missing like with you?
Speaker 9: Well, no, it was.
Speaker 4: Do they have a record of her signing the dog over right?
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 4: And I'm asking David, David Wrights not. Do they have a signature from her turning the dog over right? They? Okay, David, what shelter got that signature? Where did you adopt the dog? What's the name of the Is that the Dumb Friends League? Okay, hold on, we'll come right back to you. This is a weird one. I'll tell you that. It's uh, yeah, it's weird. She's gonna say, no, I never gave it up, So we have to figure it out. We got more right after this, go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three O three seven to one three talks seven one three eight two five five. You know we've had this happen before I looked in.
Speaker 5: I looked in the U. I wonder is that proper to say?
Speaker 4: I look through my anals of calls and uh Anyway, I have found that when the Dumb Friends League takes possession of a dog or a cat or an animal and readopts it, it belongs to that person and it's up to that person to fight with the friends lyue, usually to refute it. But Dumb Friends League usually has records of a pet being completely abandoned or given up voluntarily. Sometimes abandon means just never claiming it. So my logical question is this first and foremost, do you have the pet now or was it given back to the original owner.
Speaker 9: It was given back to the original owner.
Speaker 4: Okay, And did you contact the Dumb Friends League? Yeah?
Speaker 6: We we We talked yesterday for almost a half hour and she said she said that lady just gave the dog up.
Speaker 4: Okay, the dumb hold on the Dumb Friends League claims that the lady gave it up.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Do they have written proof of that? Usually they get a signature.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Well, you got to ask him, David. You got to ask him now if this is sad, Okay, it's sad, but maybe this woman did not give up the dog. You're going by the Dumb Friend's League. They have to show you some kind of proof. This lady's probably thinking, oh, what a miracle, after two years, I got my dog back, right right.
Speaker 5: Did you talk to the owner, the original owner?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I did, and she said, oh, it's we just we couldn't figure out where she was.
Speaker 12: And all this.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, maybe she's telling the truth. Do you think she's lying?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 4: Tell me what motivation she would have to want her dog back if she gave it up. What do you think happened? Oh?
Speaker 6: I think that they know. They when they got the dog in from the previous owner, they called her down because the dog had a chip, because she said, well this dog.
Speaker 4: Okay, I get it, And they called her down, and you say she gave her up. Yeah, Okay, then, David, I'm asking a question. There's no right answer. Why do you think she changed her mind a year later or two years later?
Speaker 6: I really don't know. Maybe she had a heart of change in that, and you know, you know I would feel sorry, But you know, I didn't know that. I didn't know the history of the dog. All I know is the dog was abandoned.
Speaker 4: Okay, I get it. So David, right now, it sounds like you and your family are missing this dog.
Speaker 6: Right Oh, we're awfully we haven't since the day that she left.
Speaker 5: We just okay, you know, I don't.
Speaker 4: I'm telling you I don't know what to do about it. I mean, I really don't. The Dumb Friends League should be helping you here. You have adoption papers from them, and they have records that she gave up the dog. You should be able to get this dog back. They should be the one, they should be the on helping you.
Speaker 6: Right, you know, in the I can contacted the police, the police department, the police.
Speaker 5: They're not going to do anything.
Speaker 4: The police aren't going to do anything.
Speaker 5: There's no crime here. I just don't understand why.
Speaker 4: I don't understand why the old information was still in her.
Speaker 6: That's what I can't figure out, because when the dog was taken to Riverdale, that's why they got in touch with that.
Speaker 4: No, I get it, Mark, what would you do in this case? What would you do? I mean, guys, it's it's a it's a terrible situation. I here's what the only thing we can do is have someone call over to the Dumb Friends League and see why they can't provide you proof so you can at least make a demand for that dog. But again, it might this is crazy, but this is something that might end up in court. Who's around that can call over to Dumb Friendsly, we just want to know the transfer records, that's all. And I know they keep records. So hold on, David, all right, three oh three seven to one three talk? Who can we give this to Kachina? Let's we have to try something. Doc can you just for the hell of it. I mean, there's not much we can do about it other than they providing him with information. He's going to have to take it up civilly. I mean, this is this is like a King Solomon problem. When we do cut the dog in half.
Speaker 13: We want a copy of the U of the relinquishing peace.
Speaker 4: Say what they Here's what I would ask them. Since this woman is claiming she never gave the dog up a dumb friends league is claiming she did. Do they have any record?
Speaker 13: Yeah, we want to copy the records.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if they did, if they have such a thing. Joe, what's going on with you? Joe, what's happening?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Hello, Yeah, Joe, what's happening?
Speaker 14: Well, thanks Tom for taking my call. Yes, sir, My wife and I. Over a month ago we went in with two leased vehicles, two Foundation Hyundai. Yeah, and we traded both of them in. They were early leases, but they gave us such a great deal and we put two thousand down on one of the vehicles, three thousand down on the other.
Speaker 4: We told, okay, so you traded into you traded in two leased cars for and bought two cars.
Speaker 14: We traded in two leased cars and leased two new cars.
Speaker 4: Okay, got it okay?
Speaker 14: And we told them from the very beginning that we have just a po box because we just sold our house a month and a half ago and we're waiting for our new house to be built, which we're moving in nine to eleven.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 14: So we went to finance and they got the deal done. At first, they didn't. I said, look, just go to lunch, let us see if we have a go around, because they's okay.
Speaker 4: But but did they eventually do it?
Speaker 14: They did. We signed both leases, we left with the cars. It's been a month and now they've already sold one of our trade ins and they told us, hey, we got to unwind the deals. I said, well, how can you do that? One of my cars you sold? And they go we no, no, that's your problem.
Speaker 5: No, it's not your problem.
Speaker 4: But why listen, Joe, There's a million things that could have gone wrong when they said they have to unwind the deal. I need to ask you, are you sure you even had a deal. We need to have someone look at it, hold on and come right back to you, all right? Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. This this unwinding of deals happens all the time. I mean where the dealer tries to get it done, but the dealer is often wrong. By the way, if you're having any questions about your heating air, call good honest people eight eight eight Heating dot com if you want an evaluation of your system. If you're having problems with no cooling, or you're having problems elsewhere's three oh three seven seven zero two seven seven six go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Wait time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance. Paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Hard, you know your troubleshooter three all three seven one three talk three oll three seven one three eight two five five. Okay, now we do have so much more to talk about. Mark is out for a few minutes. I'd love to get people's take.
Speaker 5: On this dog.
Speaker 4: I don't really know what the hell to do with that one. Any Wait, Deputy doc is trying to call you back, Shirt and it goes to voicemail and he wants to call over at the shelter and help you out. So, Joe, tell me something about this. Okay, when you when you went there, why did they say they have to redo the deal?
Speaker 14: Well, they said that that Hyundai wouldn't buy the deal. Now this is thirty days later, by the way, I get it for thirty days now, we signed two fourteen page lease documents. The finance manager signed it, so they were done car tracks as far as we're concerned. Well, they called us back. I think they fired the sales the finance guy, so I can't get a hold of him. And they said, well, you're gonna have to figure something out. Give us a fake address, give us the address of one year sister. You got a sister or brother lives in town?
Speaker 4: Wait? Wait, wait, is that the only Joe? Is that the only reason it was turned down a po box?
Speaker 14: Yes, And they won't and they won't take our new address because it's not on the record yet till nine to eleven when we buy it.
Speaker 4: This this is there's Scott by the way. They can't they can't just willy nilly undo a deal like this. They can't. What do they say they will do if you don't redo the deal?
Speaker 14: They just repossess the cars.
Speaker 4: And I said, well, yeah, they would be in big trouble. Now does anywhere in this contract say I know dealers have this tricky wording that they think protects them, and it doesn't. But they're such morons. If you took car dealers and put them in a big group, there's such a bunch of fricking stupid people, because all they would have to do is say it is not it is not legal, or it is not a binding until they place the deal or sell the deal. But they don't say that. Here's what they say, it's pending final approval. And I can argue with them that they gave you final approval when they hand it over the cars and sign the documents. I listen, this thing. We need to talk to an attorney about it. We need to get a copy of your lease, or call these people at foundation. Hold on, I'll come back to you and take other calls as well. This is wrong. Okay, I'm on your side. I don't know how they get away with this crap, but that's a terrible dealer group. Anyway, Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer, Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, ripped of news? Need advice? Who you don't have? Come running as fast as we can.
Speaker 2: Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 15: Come man, this is.
Speaker 3: The Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 16: Now, Tom Martine, Hi, Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 4: Three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five callers backed up. I want to take them and then I want to talk to Amali about roofing, because you know I started out the show talking about pricing and value and gouging, and although technically they're I don't know what gouging. There's no real thing about gouging. But I think a lot of businesses, as I stated, are taking advantage of the higher tolerances people have since COVID and supply chains and not just charging inflation but taking advantage thinking, well, people are expecting higher prices. I'm just going to make a crapload of money on this one. We'll get to that.
Speaker 5: We got to comment on this dog.
Speaker 4: Apparently the dog had two chips in it, one from the previous owner, one from the new owner. He gets it from the dumb Friends League and then it gets out. That's another problem. It got out twice. But anyway, so the dog is given back to the original owner from Riverdale Shelter and he said, but it's my dog, and the original owner said, no, it isn't. I didn't know where the dog went from two years. And he said, well, Dumbfriend's league said you gave it up, but he needs to get a record of that. I mean, it would seem to me that if you adopted it from the dumbst Friends League legally that it would be his dog, except I believe if she never gave it up. I don't know, Ronda, what's your comment on this.
Speaker 15: Well, I believe it's up to the discretion of the shelter. The dog could have been in bad shape at Riverdale when they got it, yes, and he decided it wasn't taken care of. Maybe it was skin and bones or not in good health.
Speaker 1: Could be the.
Speaker 15: Dog escaped several times. There's a reason if you exercise your dog and not just leave it in the backyard, it's going to be tired. It wants to sleep after being walked or whatever. So that's just my opinion.
Speaker 5: Well, thank you Ronda.
Speaker 4: Again, I I don't understand it, and you're right. Maybe they felt the dog was in bad shape, or maybe they didn't even know the second ship was there.
Speaker 5: That's the part I don't understand. Now.
Speaker 4: I'm going to go back to the foundation in a minute, but not yet. We're trying to get them on the air to talk about this, so instead I'll go to Michael, who has an issue with Google ad words that can be very complicated.
Speaker 5: Michael, what's going on?
Speaker 8: Hey, Tom, thanks for taking my car.
Speaker 17: Yes, sir, by telling my story about Google, I listened for twenty five years, and you know, I, why haven't you in all these years taken it to the next level and become a national consumer advocate.
Speaker 5: Well, I did many years ago.
Speaker 4: I mean I was in I was really at six hundred stations. And here's what happened. Nine to eleven happened to see. What happened was people were getting tired of politics.
Speaker 5: And I won't make this long, but so I was going into station.
Speaker 4: I was in New York, in Houston and LA and all over, Okay, all over, and what happened was in Boston.
Speaker 5: And so what happened was nine to eleven.
Speaker 4: After the alternatives, doctor Laura Me, doctor Dina Dell, other people, they were, everybody wanted alternatives to politics. But once nine to eleven happened, almost every single non political show was replaced with a political show. I was one of the few that actually stayed on the air. But then I curtailed. A lot of markets canceled and went with like Glenn Beck or with Rush or with or. They already had Rush, but they went with a lot of political shows. So long story short, I was down to a few major affiliates, and to be honest with you. It was too difficult to serve these big markets and Denver and make a go of it because it was too much travel for the few markets I had. So I decided I was just going to concentrate again on Denver. And then the iHeartRadio app came out and people started pick me up again. So it's just a long story. It's not what it used to be. Syndication isn't what it used to.
Speaker 17: Be, right, No, And that's not what I was referred to. I was aware of that what I was referring to as a national consumer advocate like head of a lobby group. Oh wow, as like real change to consumers that are victims on.
Speaker 8: A national scale.
Speaker 17: Like for example, when I tell you about this Google ad words problem, I can also tell you the other one that I've noticed is when you were earlier talking about heating and air conditioning units, are you aware that there's a new refrigerant coming out and they're banning R one four A that is the current refrigerant in all.
Speaker 4: Wait a minute, they already they already banned free on. Now you're saying they're going to go after the new one.
Speaker 17: Yeah, So I mean, if you go back in time, The first one was R ten, and then it was replaced to our eleven, and then it was placed with R twenty two, and then it was replaced with R one thirty four A. And And the thing of it is is these chemical companies are are getting together with government and lobbying and banning these these these refrigerants in the name of climate. But they're really doing it in the name of patent protection because they always have the new patent and the new chemical to replace the old one. And so here we are, We're about to go to a refrigerant that is pro pain based flammable, where our R one thirty four A is non flammable. But this is going to have to change your furnaces because now in.
Speaker 8: Case of a fire, because you have a leak from your age.
Speaker 4: That's right, that's what they're worried about. Flammability is what they're claiming.
Speaker 17: Yeah, But the thing of it is is the consumers are paying for this change and victimized. And as a national consumer advocate, you could get on iHeart, you can get under get along with other advocates around the country and promote a certain cause to make certain change to protect their consumer because this R one thirty four A was perfectly fine. It was just they were going to lose the patent protection.
Speaker 8: And then the chemical be made in China and.
Speaker 17: Mexico and there could be competition and there'd be no profit in it for them to continue making that.
Speaker 5: Rec No, I get what you're saying.
Speaker 4: I do listen, but I will say this, and I know people don't believe this, but I do want to say this.
Speaker 5: The problem with consumer issues.
Speaker 4: They are important when they hit you individually, like with a car, or with a furnace or with changing out refrigent or something. But it never happened. You got to understand this because I've been doing it for so long. I can tell you the reason why we never get the traction of a political issue or of a tax issue, because it never happens to large groups of people at once. And it really like healthcare does, for example, But then it becomes a healthcare issue, it becomes like an Obamacare thing. It doesn't. The consumer issues in general are so so important. This show proves it. But no one ever experiences a wave of the same problem over and over to where you get.
Speaker 5: A ground swell of report of support.
Speaker 4: It's always so slivered and so it's just fractured. You have different people experiencing different things. I bring them all together on this show. But no politician would do it because there's no groundswell of support. I often said, with all the things candidates talk about, they never talk about we're going to put an end to consumer fraud, or we're going after fraudsters or scammers or this or that, because no one would be out protesting for or against it. They are demonstrating for it or protesting against it. Whereas abortion, it's more of a it's more of a rallying point. Consumer issues are so widespread that you can't get a large group of people that have one consumer issue. They have a ton of them, and they don't look at the ton of them as one issue. They look at them as individual issues. I hope I'm making sense, But that has always been the weakness of trying to get a ground swell of support for consumer advocacy. For example, even Ralph Nader when he went on his rampages, they were single issues, single issues. Every famous move in consumer advocacy has been on a single issue.
Speaker 5: And that's the problem.
Speaker 11: But but Michael, don't you think that the listeners are interested in a specific person's sorry, I can also tell you that.
Speaker 4: Yes they are, but what I'm saying they don't go out and campaign for it. They won't support a presidential candidate who says I'm for consumer advocacy. It's too widespread because it gets into every aspect of our life. But if you said, you know, I'm going to lower insurance cost, that's a single issue, then people can rally with it. What were you going to say else? What else do I'm you know?
Speaker 3: What we do.
Speaker 13: What you've done is help individual people.
Speaker 11: And I can tell you from this show occasionally, but from the AARP work, when I call somebody, When I call a company that's not in a Denver area, they don't care. When we call people that are in Denver and they get the publicity or whatever it is that the media attention, they will pay attention to it. Somebody in Illinois is not going to care what people in Denver think about their company.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but even when we were national, though, The point is is that you're right. While people don't, many people do care, and sometimes they.
Speaker 5: Just lack the community cation.
Speaker 4: So we call a company and even though they're not in our backyard, we can solve the problem and explain to them what's going on. Again, we get enough play in other places on the on the app, and we get enough downloads. One of the one of the most downloaded shows in iHeart it that that we get some strength, but not nothing's the same as it used to be. There. There is no one channel and one issue that we can rally people around it. They change all the time. Michael, what is going on with Google AdWords. By the way, that's what you called about.
Speaker 17: Okay, yes, thank you. And then this ties into that which is is great leadway. So uh, Google AdWords affects everybody, the consumer and the business that uses it.
Speaker 5: That's right.
Speaker 17: And I know for a f I know for a fact that when I turn my Google AdWords on, I am I get these calls from like India let's just say that are our solicity. I also get these dead air calls that are just like you answer the phone and there's nothing there. If I turn my Google ad Words off, I don't get these calls. Then when I go into my Google AdWords account, I can see that I was charged eighteen dollars by Google AdWords for this solicitation. And and it's in their best interest as Google AdWords.
Speaker 4: I get what you're saying. I want to explain.
Speaker 5: I want to explain to.
Speaker 4: People what you're talking about, but I have to take this break. I know exactly what you're saying. I never even thought of that you're getting. They're using those Google AdWords. They're using your company as a lead when they click through, but they're not clicking through to buy something. They're clicking through to sell you something. Hold on, I'll come right back with that. Okay, hang on, Go with a sure thing Denvers Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three O three seven to one three talks seven to one three eight two five five and Compass insurance group will do insurance checkups three oh three nine nine six nine thousand to make sure you're not paying too much for insurance or you're not under insured or over insured. Nothing worse than being under insured. So Michael brought up a good point. He has Google AdWords, and for those listening, if you haven't used him, you've lived on another planet. But what people do if they purchase words like you can actually purchase AdWords, Mike, O'Malley, have you done AdWords with Google? Okay, so tell me what words you would purchase?
Speaker 18: Uh ruthing?
Speaker 4: Yeah, if you can get it right? Yeah, you hel whatever.
Speaker 18: Hail insurance specialists. You've got root.
Speaker 4: So when people google that word your company comes up in an adword, and then that they click, you get charged. Absolutely right now, he is getting charged. But some of the people clicking, they're not buying from them. Instead they're selling them or they're trying to.
Speaker 5: Sell them something.
Speaker 4: But Michael, I don't know how the hell you would ever control that ever, I mean, how can that be a Google AdWords problem?
Speaker 3: Real simple?
Speaker 17: Google hat is created click farms in third world countries at my expense because I create an advertising budget. And so when I paid eighteen dollars for that phone call. It was it was Google that created that click farm.
Speaker 4: Oh are you saying, wait a minute, are you really saying that Google actually has people in other countries calling you to generate revenue?
Speaker 17: Absolutely? Why would they have an invested interest. I have a budget to spend it for.
Speaker 4: You're cutting in and out. Man, I can't go ahead?
Speaker 5: Are you there?
Speaker 4: Do you think that actually happens people? I mean really, I.
Speaker 5: Mean, what a major servation.
Speaker 17: Absolutely, I turn my ads off, it stops.
Speaker 4: No, No, Michael, I don't Michael. Listen, Michael, I don't doubt that if you turn your words on and off, it starts and stops. But that doesn't mean Google is the one generating the call.
Speaker 8: Facebook does it too.
Speaker 17: If I pay for advertising on Facebook, I get these clicks.
Speaker 8: All the time, all the time.
Speaker 17: On Facebook it says is it's available, and it's it's it's a it's a deliberate. But if I turn off my Facebook advertising, I don't get random is this available?
Speaker 8: It just doesn't happen.
Speaker 5: Michael, it's it's do you okay?
Speaker 4: But how would we how would you go about proving? By the way, I'm not disputing it. It might be happening, it might not be happening. How would you prove it?
Speaker 17: How at we how do we just fix it? By if if I get one of these solicitations as Google AdWords solicitations, and the phone call ends within ten seconds, Google AdWords cannot charge me for that click, that.
Speaker 4: Would be That would be a good That would be good, wouldn't it?
Speaker 17: Yeah, because if I hang up on the person, I shouldn't be charged eighteen dollars.
Speaker 18: Yeah, I know with or with home advisor. Yeah, well, you know, we just call and we complain and we say, hey, this was a bogus lead, and they credit that money back to us.
Speaker 4: But he would have to do that every day.
Speaker 18: Yeah, it sounds like it. But I mean, if it's worth.
Speaker 17: Double awards, will not do that for you?
Speaker 3: Really?
Speaker 17: Yeah, we need to we need to ban this by simply making it illegal. I'm serious, Billy.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean, good luck, good luck getting that done. I mean you might, you might, but you know you're making good sense. You're making good sense Michael when it comes to I don't know, like legislation, but business practices for sure, Like if there's a call that is totally bogus that lasts less than a certain number of seconds.
Speaker 18: You're right about that, especially if the call originates with the person that's charging you.
Speaker 4: But we don't know that.
Speaker 18: He could never sounds like a mob hit at that, but he.
Speaker 4: Could never prove it it's from a click farm or a call farm.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is.
Speaker 17: I And not only that, I get these dead air calls when I am a Google adwards on I'll answer the phone. I answer every phone call. I'll answer it and there's nothing there, okay. And these calls only happen when I turn on my Google AdWords.
Speaker 8: I'm telling you it's it's right, right.
Speaker 5: I know what you're saying.
Speaker 4: You're saying, but but I and I agree it only happens if you call if you turn on your ad words. I'll agree with you on that. But that doesn't mean Google is originating it. It could be.
Speaker 5: It could be your competition.
Speaker 4: It could be your competition. Why what do you mean?
Speaker 17: No, no, no, no, just because I've been doing this for twenty years. I've been doing it for I've been doing this and I know you know it's consistent. And Facebook does the same thing. If I if I post an ad, a paid ad on Facebook, Why do you think Facebook has that simple click is this still available?
Speaker 8: And why is it you see.
Speaker 17: So many ads that say I will not reply to the question is this still available? Because they have a click form of people that can't read that, they can click a button and it shows usage by just hitting that is this available? And then there's no more communication. But you're paying for advertising with Facebook. Why do you think they create those simple questions? Because it's for third world people that don't speak English or can't communicate, but they can click that simple is this available? I'm interested in this item? And if they were to remove that, then that third world country would have to actually type something and communicate on a different scale. I'm telling you this. There's a lot of money in.
Speaker 8: Advertising, and there's a lot of potential for fraud.
Speaker 17: The way Facebook and Google AdWords runs their business, it's fraudulent.
Speaker 10: I'm telling you, well.
Speaker 18: I mean disagree, Tom, Like my dress level for Google and for Facebook are super low.
Speaker 4: Right, I'm not saying they're not doing it, but how like if you wanted a government inquiry, you want to do it, it's going to take some real doing, sure, to try to put together a case.
Speaker 18: And I mean at some point you just have to decide whether you're going to be a part of that animal or not. Right, is the benefit for Google AdWords worth the risk of it?
Speaker 5: Did you ever get a lot of hang ups?
Speaker 18: I haven't gotten a lot of hang ups, But you know, we we do get some solicitors that just find an active number and they're like, well, that's a good number, let's put it on our list. Sure that happens all the time. But what we generate from Google AdWords.
Speaker 5: It's good worth it, It's good. Okay?
Speaker 4: What about you, Michael? Do you generate good business from it? Yeah?
Speaker 17: I spent one last year. I spent seventeen thousand dollars in one month on advertising. And I can tell you that I've seen attacked.
Speaker 8: In Google AdWords, and I'm telling you it was.
Speaker 18: What was the ROI on the seventeen thousand?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 4: What was your ROI on the seventeen grand?
Speaker 17: No?
Speaker 4: No, what not? You didn't make anything?
Speaker 8: My ROI was.
Speaker 5: He's cutting in and out.
Speaker 18: I would cut out. It's my ROA.
Speaker 5: Hey, Michael, is what kind of business are you in?
Speaker 9: What that?
Speaker 4: What kind of business are you in?
Speaker 17: Carborculture tree sermons?
Speaker 4: Oh okay, okay, Okay, so Michael, listen man, really, you really gave us good food for thought. I'm not dropping it. I got to move on to other calls. But I got to think about this because I don't even know where to start if I know any people that can do some digging on this. But you really do, seriously bring up a really good point. He does, like, how do we know we're not all being put together.
Speaker 5: By this place?
Speaker 4: But then again, competition could do it.
Speaker 5: I'm not saying his is doing it, but it.
Speaker 4: Can be done just to make things expensive for you. Gretchen has a quick question. You're Gretchen. I know that you have, and we haven't forgotten about foundation. By the way, Kachina, did they get back to us on that.
Speaker 19: Yes, we can talk about that probably after that.
Speaker 4: Oh good, good, good Gretchen. What is your question on landlord? Are you a landlord, Gretchen?
Speaker 20: Yes, I am.
Speaker 4: What can we do for you?
Speaker 20: Well, I have I have a Victorian house that I rent, Yeah, and I have good renters. They pay on time, they take good care of the place. With one exception. They asked if they could do some painting, and I said, well, you know what, what are you thinking of? They said a gray color, so I thought, you know, gray sounds okay. So when I went over there, though, it's such a dark gray. It's like a black. They've painted like all the walls of this beautiful Victorian house black.
Speaker 4: And I said, well, you told them they could, right, You told them they could.
Speaker 20: I told them, yeah. They said, they're in a painted like gray. But it's such a dark gray it literally I get it.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 20: So I think it would cost literally about ten thousand dollars to fix us if they move out, and I don't have that kind of uh you know, security deposit. And they told me, they said, hey, we'll paint it back. But that's been six months and I've asked about it. They've never get me in any pictures, so I don't know.
Speaker 4: Well, you let them do it. You're going to have a really tough time on this one because you let them do it. I mean for you to say, well, I wasn't I didn't realize how dark the gray would be. I mean, that's not going to be an adequate argument. They asked you if if they could do it, and you let them, I mean, I don't know how you. I don't know how you now make them fix it.
Speaker 5: I really don't. I'm being honest with you. Gretchen.
Speaker 20: Well, that's fine, I mean I don't know.
Speaker 4: I mean, if they if they did it pink and you had proof, they said it was going to be gray, but now we're talking about shades of gray.
Speaker 15: Yeah, Well, are there any contractual?
Speaker 18: Was there anything in the contract that says that they have to put things back to the way that they are?
Speaker 4: Do you have anything in the contract about putting things back the way they were?
Speaker 20: No? No Ah, But I was thinking, like, you know, there's yours leases is about up here, and so I don't know if I could just, you know, just say hey, well you know, I don't know.
Speaker 6: I mean, I just know.
Speaker 4: Okay, Gretcha. Now you know about the just cause law that you're covered by.
Speaker 20: Now right, well, I'm not sure.
Speaker 4: No, let me explain this to you. This is why I'll never be a landlord in Colorado. Now listen, I'll grant them. The lawmakers needed to do something because there were not many rights for renters. But now it's overboard. So right now you can't just terminate that lease.
Speaker 5: Even at the end of the lease.
Speaker 4: You must allow them to stay there unless you have a just cause, okay, and the just cause is covered by the law and you'd have to look it up. But some of the just cause would be you're selling it, or you're renting to an immediate family member and certain family members, yes, certain ones know. So it has to be like the ones covered by the law. It has to be for non payment. It can be for destruction of property, but that gray you're not going to win that one. So you can, but I don't know if you realize that. So people that say they have a one year lease or a two year lease or whatever, or a six month least, I tell people no, in Colorado, now you have a forever lease until until the tenant.
Speaker 5: Wants to leave.
Speaker 18: Can she change the lease?
Speaker 5: She can rent.
Speaker 4: Yes, at the end of the lease, she can raise the price, but that's limited on how much she can raise it. Can she also it can't be punitive, right.
Speaker 18: Can she put in an amendment that.
Speaker 4: Says, yes, at the end of a lease you can change terms and conditions, Yes, you can, but they can't be considered and you can't go retroactive. For example, she can't put in a clause that says when you leave, you have to paint it back because they are she already let them paint it, but she can going forward say that for anything you change now, you have to put it back. But again you'd have to get an attorney to do that, and we always recommend that. So is this serious enough you want to get rid of them?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 5: Okay, but.
Speaker 20: I was just curious, do you think that I want to rewrite the lease? I could just increase the security deposit by two thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: You know, I don't know what the law says about that part. I know you can increase rent. I actually don't know about that security deposit. I don't, I really don't. And again, that security deposit can't be kept to repaint it if that paint. If they leave in good and that paint's in good condition, you can't say I'm putting it back the way it was. You allowed them to paint it, so that paint, unless that paint is destroyed, you can't just add to the security deposit for you to change it back. It's like if you allowed them to put in carpeting and you didn't like the carpeting, you can't charge them when they leave for changing out the carpeting, unless of course the carpeting is destroyed. It's really tricky. Are they just nice enough people that you can say, look, this is never going to work. Would you if I this is what I would tell them, just to make you know, if I put in the lease that you have to paint it back to its original color or to an eggshell or whatever. Upon leaving, would you sign the new lease and then you give them a new one your lease?
Speaker 5: I mean, maybe they won't.
Speaker 4: Know that it's that the retroactivity, you know what I'm saying. Maybe they'll just fall for it and say, yeah, we'll do it, especially if you say, hey, look I was going to raise the rent, but maybe I won't, or maybe I'm only going to raise it this much if you agree to paint it back the way it was. There's some negotiating there. Not everything has to be a lawsuit. See what happens. We have more coming right up. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content, wait time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one. Help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, you're troubleshooter three O three seven to one three talk seven one three eight two five five. All right, listen, you know what did we find out about Foundation Hyundai in this situation? They want him to redo the deal?
Speaker 5: Go ahead?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 19: So Joe actually talked or spoke with two different people on the sales floor. Ye, Noah and Ed, who are not there today, but I was able to get in touch with Dustin, who is the general sales manager.
Speaker 4: Good proceeded to.
Speaker 19: Ask me why I have the right to call on behalf of the customer okay, and what else?
Speaker 5: And I get all bent out of shape.
Speaker 19: He did and he did help people I did, and I basically told I was very nice about it. Shanning can attest to this. Yeah, And so at the end he just hung up on me.
Speaker 5: Okay, So he's a moron, he does.
Speaker 4: And I don't want to use the name more on because they use it for my YouTubers. But he's a jerk and he doesn't understand we're trying to help and he's not hip, he's just he doesn't understand.
Speaker 5: I mean, so we need to go above this guy.
Speaker 4: We really do yes to the F and I department.
Speaker 19: I have no idea. I like I said, I was very complimentary. We need to give it to some dealership toward everything to try to get.
Speaker 4: Here's this, where's this? Hyundai Foundation Westminster, Okay. Foundation, by the way, started out with all kinds of promises on how good they're going to be. They turned out to be such slock people. My god, what a bunch of clowns they are. They don't solve any problems.
Speaker 5: They you know, in the beginning, they had a guy there, what the hell was his name?
Speaker 4: I want to see Josh. Maybe somebody was there that was really good. And then he left and I thought the whole place went the hell. I mean really, foundation is like all the rest of them big and he took over, and you know, I just Joe, I have no idea why they want you to redo the deal. I certainly wouldn't go in there right now. And I don't understand what right they think they can do this. I would call the dealer Licensing Board for absolutely, positively sure right now, while we're working in looking into this, who should we who should we assign this to? Is Deputy Dollar around I believe so we could probably get a hold of him. We have don't. What I want to do is I want to call a jam. I just I just want to know why they feel they can redo it. I want to see the paperwork to Joe, if you can send it to us, and I'm gonna I'm gonna put Deputy Dollar on this. He's not out, he's not traveling. A bow's traveling, right, bow.
Speaker 19: And chopper is out.
Speaker 4: Okay, but we'll give it to a dollar. Okay, let's okay, now real quick here, I gotta I gotta take this break. I got backed up. But Daniel, this is really interesting. On the traveling with prescriptions, we'll talk about that right after this. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out Now three all three seven to seven to one.
Speaker 5: Help.
Speaker 4: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot Com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi, Tom Martino, you're troubleshooter three all three seven to one three talk seven one three eight two five five Daniel, what is your question about prescriptions and foundation? By the way, we're we're working on that off the air for the guy they told the he leased cars that he said you got to bring him back.
Speaker 5: It's crazy, Daniel.
Speaker 4: What is your question about prescription drugs?
Speaker 21: What's up? Tom? Good listening to you.
Speaker 5: To thank you man?
Speaker 4: So what's happening?
Speaker 21: So I'll be out of the I'll be living on a little trip out of the country.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 21: And a friend of mine, a friend of mine has asked me for a favor. He has a prescription to his name. I'm not gonna say the country, but it's not up north, it's not. So Ever, since he asked me to do him this favor.
Speaker 5: What is the favor he wants?
Speaker 4: Daniel?
Speaker 21: He wants me. He wants me to bring back the prescription and to him, I'm gonna be flying.
Speaker 4: So he lives in another country.
Speaker 2: No, you live here.
Speaker 4: Oh, he wants you to bring it back. Hold on, I understand what you're saying. Hang on for go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Please time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Ripped you You don't have run ins as we can.
Speaker 2: Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 3: Come Man six is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 16: No Tom Martino, Hey Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 4: If you're looking for great drinking water, that's waterpros dot net or a whole house system soft water where you can damn near do laundry without detergent it's such a great cleaning agent. Softened water good for your pipes, your body, your showers, your clotheswaterpros dot net thirty four hundred bucks for a whole house. You'll never get better prices with better systems.
Speaker 5: Waterpros dot Net.
Speaker 4: Hey, we got a number of things going on. Richard called about a speeding ticket. Daniel wants to talk about traveling with prescriptions.
Speaker 5: Now, this sounds a little weird to.
Speaker 4: Me right off the bat, but we'll talk about it. By the way, this is the show that talks about every day aches and pains, that things that make us tick, the things that tick us off. Everything basically we're talking about. We started the show talking about value in pricing and gouging, and the number one complaint we're getting these days is pricing number one number one complain. Now, let's talk to Daniel. He said, he's traveling. Now, Daniel, where are you traveling to?
Speaker 21: Okay, I'm traveling to Mexico.
Speaker 15: Just do this.
Speaker 5: Okay, got it. Now, you're going to Mexico.
Speaker 4: And your friend said, hey, while you're in Mexico, could you pick up some drugs for me and bring them back? Right? No, No, I mean I don't mean that in a bad way. Prescription. Now, what I need to know is this the prescription that he claims to have. Is it an American prescription or a Mexican doctor prescription?
Speaker 21: It is a Mexican doctor prescription as far as I know.
Speaker 4: Okay, So is he a Mexican.
Speaker 21: Hot is?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 5: And he's living here? Now I get it.
Speaker 4: And he says, hey, I need you, since you're going to be in Mexico, just pick up these drugs for me.
Speaker 5: Right, So when you go to.
Speaker 4: The pharmacy to pick up these drugs and use his prescription, does he already have an order waiting for him?
Speaker 21: That is correct?
Speaker 4: Why can't they ship it to him?
Speaker 21: I don't know. And I actually was getting ready to go to the post office, my local post office, and ask that question.
Speaker 4: Yeah that it sounds just a little queer to me. This a little okay? And yeah, but I but I want to know more before I say it. What this is the most important question? What kind of drugs are we talking about?
Speaker 21: It has to do it. I think it has to do with like, uh, what do you say, high blood pressure or something like that.
Speaker 4: Okay, So it's not like pain meds or fentanyl or anything like that.
Speaker 21: No, no, And I wouldn't do at all. I wouldn't even be calling.
Speaker 4: You, so he it really is. It's just like a blood pressure med Yeah.
Speaker 21: And maybe, and this is what I'm thinking, medications are less expensive in other countries, well, especially next Yes, and maybe they're just into, uh, to save a book and I understand that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and we're going, so this is a real pharmacy. You're going to go to to pick it up?
Speaker 21: Yeah?
Speaker 5: How much are you picking up? How much does he want.
Speaker 4: You to pick up?
Speaker 21: The way you made it sound is just a couple of bottles that should mask a couple of months. And that's about it. Everything is legal. The only thing is it's just it sounds a little sketchy to me. Also, uh, and this is why it has to do a little research. I actually watched How to Catch a Muggler on TV, a TV show. I don't know if you're familiar with that, but they always show people bringing illegal foods, clothes, merchandise. Yeah, you know, and and they're like, you know what, you cannot bring this along. And I've seen where they catch people bringing medications with or without prescription, and you know, there are fines involved.
Speaker 4: Usually they don't care about one. Usually they don't care about one or two bottles, unless it was like pain pills or something. But here's the thing. It doesn't sound right to me because most pharmacies will ship and I don't. And if he has a prescription issued in Mexico and he is in the US, well, I don't know why he can't call that pharmacy and have him ship it.
Speaker 8: I have no idea.
Speaker 21: I don't know, and I don't want to do something that will put in my life or personal record in jeopardy.
Speaker 5: Do you have the actual name of the medication?
Speaker 11: I do not.
Speaker 21: I do not.
Speaker 4: But did you ever see the prescription? Did he say he's going to give you the prescription to take with you.
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 21: No, he said to just go pick it up at a pharmacy, just basically like here, you're going to pick up a prescripative for your significant other.
Speaker 4: Okay, No, I get it. I get it. So you'll go down and pick up the prescription and give him his birth date and name and pay for it and just take it home, right I am.
Speaker 11: You know, I'm a little suspicious if he's not telling you the name of the drug. He could very well be saying it's blood pressure medication and picking up, you know, a thousand tablets of oxy cotone.
Speaker 13: I don't want to do that, I know.
Speaker 11: So how do you know what they're giving you is blood pressure medication?
Speaker 4: You don't? Yeah, exactly, I don't know, you know, I actually don't know what the rule is for traveling with a prescription. I mean, I mean what I'm saying is I have blood pressure medicine I take with me.
Speaker 5: I mean, no one's ever asked me about it.
Speaker 4: But I don't know what the rule is if I pick up medication in another country for someone else.
Speaker 5: But he doesn't sound right to me.
Speaker 18: I mean, even if you put it in the sprin bottle. Yeah, drug sniffing dogs sniff it out. It doesn't matter whether you have a prescription for it or not, right like, no, no, no, no, if you.
Speaker 4: Have a prescription reward. Yeah, But if you have a prescription, they're not going to bust you on that. I mean, no, no, no, I'm.
Speaker 22: Just saying, like, you don't really know what you're getting, right, So, man, the last thing you want to do is end up in jail in Mexico because you are you are you're picking up drugs that aren't yours.
Speaker 5: I mean, I as place as he's.
Speaker 18: Saving, can we just give the guy the extra fifty bucks?
Speaker 4: Yeah, like that's run thing. And how much is the guy saving? It can't be that much. Blood pressure medicine is next to nothing now, Yeah, so I don't know. I think, you know, let me ask you something. Is he a US citizen?
Speaker 21: I don't know for sure. I'm going to go to the extend to say no, because.
Speaker 4: I was going to say if if he you know, does he have like a regular doctor he can rescript and all that, because they're really things are not that things are not that expensive anymore, like like drugs, not.
Speaker 5: All, not a lot of them are.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't do it if you're asking for I mean, and Deputy Doc said, it's pretty questionable.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I can't give you a legal answer, but I wouldn't do it. I really wouldn't know.
Speaker 21: And I was not looking for legal advice by any means. I guess what would someone else do because I again, I want to get framed. And then all of a sudden, the.
Speaker 4: Reason I wouldn't do it is not because of the US, but because of Mexico. Yeah, I mean yeah, and we all know what happens in Europe and Russia and all that.
Speaker 5: I mean, look at that man.
Speaker 4: Can you imagine being busted for what? Did grinder have? Just some oil? Yeah?
Speaker 5: God, it was like a strong hemp.
Speaker 3: Or seeds, so reed oil?
Speaker 21: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Oh okay.
Speaker 4: It wasn't like she's getting stoned. And even if she wasn't mean the oh my god, she she could have been in prison for twenty eight years.
Speaker 21: I really, I really like my life of freedom here. So yeah, Daniel, I would.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't do it, but you know, and you know, I don't even know if drugs are available anymore in Mexico like they used to be, because I used to hear people say you could walk in a drug store down there literally just buy oxy or buy stuff without a prescription doc. Did you ever hear that?
Speaker 11: Well, I know you could buy antibiotics down there, and I think that the strongest thing you were able to buy was sailing on with codeine. I don't think there was all the oxy coodon or anything stronger than that. But I think let's say antibiotics and uh T threes were probably available.
Speaker 4: Okay, And that's the tailan on Okay, thank you three oh three seven to one three eight two five five. I'm going to talk to Richard about a speeding ticket, coming right up and see what we can do for him. Genesis Total Exteriors for all of your exterior needs, and I'm telling you he converting. He's converting a lot of people from siding to stucco, which is a good especially if you have.
Speaker 5: An insurance claim.
Speaker 4: It's just a few more bucks to upgrade to a lifelong a stucco exterior.
Speaker 5: He also does mold remediation.
Speaker 4: And that's Genesis A Total Exteriors dot com. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content, wait time for an insurance check up, free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one. Help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 5: Hi, Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 4: By the way, Petrolleyroofing dot Com out of Colorado Springs has been with us for years. And Michael alleys here and I do have one quick question here for you on text.
Speaker 5: On where is it?
Speaker 4: Let me find it?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 4: On on upgrading shingles, because I talked about Genesis doing upgrades from siding to stucco. So on the roof upgrading shingles, if the whole roof's destroyed, does the does the insurance company they want to know, ever, allow for better shingles.
Speaker 18: Now, the insurance company itself is going to pay for what was on the roof before, so the.
Speaker 4: Price increase, though then they get more, but they don't get a different roof.
Speaker 18: That's right. But most most companies right now will upgrade you for a nominal cost, if not free.
Speaker 5: Are you guys? Yeah, absolutely we do.
Speaker 18: Sometimes so it's not in the homeowner's best interest to upgrade to a Class boor impact resistant shingle. Why, Well, you do get an insurance discount. But what happens is after ten years, certain insurance companies depreciate the roof fifty percent, and so if your roof isn't replaced, within the ten that ten year timeframe, then you're going to be on the hook to pay for your own roof, even though you've had insurance.
Speaker 4: So you, yeah, you just have to be really good. Wait wait, wait, but but that's if you have actual cash value or HGV. That's how it used to be.
Speaker 18: But insurance companies are changing to what's called an RSP, a roof scheduling program to after really it'll go from an.
Speaker 4: R roof schedule. I've never heard of that. Yeah, it's what so it's saying, is that.
Speaker 5: Just for impact resistance.
Speaker 18: It's for all all shingles.
Speaker 4: Okay, I got to write this down. I never I never heard of such thing. It's called r SP.
Speaker 18: Really, yeah, and so it's the insurance companies mark.
Speaker 4: Have you heard of RSP? And so it stands for what roof scheduling program? And that means that it will diminish your values for each year.
Speaker 18: So instead of just having recovery depreciation, which you would have, no I get CV. Yeah, they say that's a flat out all they pay after ten years, it's your actual cash value.
Speaker 5: Oh my goodness.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 18: So so in those cases, like for me personally, I didn't put an impact resistant shingle on my room. Yes, I want to get it replaced before ten years on the insurance.
Speaker 4: Even But okay, well does that make sense?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: But hold on, But if any roof you have to replace within ten years and you're betting you're going to have oh no no, because you're saying the hail resistant one won't be.
Speaker 18: Replaced like it resistantly crash.
Speaker 4: So all right, all that That's why I got to digest this for a while. I don't know if people are hearing this, but this is major information. Okay, Now let's go to Richard. Richard, tell me about your speeding ticket. Hi.
Speaker 5: Tom, Hey, Richard.
Speaker 10: Hey, I'm I'm I'm there. Are you here?
Speaker 4: Can you? Yes? Sir?
Speaker 23: Thank you sir. First of all, I just wanted to thank you for your many, many years of service. I've been listening to you from the nineteen eighty As a matter of fact, you have.
Speaker 10: With another if I had in the eighties. But but in any case, I'll get to the to the point.
Speaker 23: I received the ticket a week ago today in Frederick, Colorado. And on that particular ticket I have, there is a line item for you to sign to acknowledge that you receive the ticket. I was never asked to sign it, but in that line its stated valid Colorado CDL, which I do have. That's that's one thing. I don't know whether you know whether or not it is required for us.
Speaker 4: As No, if you don't sign it, if you don't sign it, you don't have to sign it.
Speaker 5: However, if you did not sign it and then.
Speaker 4: You said you never got it, they would have to prove it, so it does make the burden.
Speaker 5: Shift to them.
Speaker 4: But if you lie about it and it's discovered, it's even more trouble. So it's really what they call substance over form if you really did get it, even if you didn't sign for it, unless you're really pissed off at the system and want to make a stand, and you don't think there's a way with the that the camera in the car or body cam or anything, that he got this license plate or she got the license plate, then I'm saying, take your chance. But I would never lie about it.
Speaker 10: Yeah, not into line about anything.
Speaker 23: But the other The other issue on the ticket is I actually wrote the city attorney an email and talked to her about this particular ticket, and she got back to me.
Speaker 4: Why though, what what what about the ticket that bothers you?
Speaker 10: Well, the other thing that bothers me about.
Speaker 23: First of all, I have a system in my vehicle that warns me when I'm five mile an hour of speed limits.
Speaker 10: It never was activated.
Speaker 23: But but beyond that, there's another part in the ticket there it you know, I was given the opportunity to.
Speaker 10: Pay a fine and have the ticket.
Speaker 23: Reduced from four points to two points. And on the back of the ticket it shows that two points would go down as operating in an unsafe vehicle.
Speaker 10: But the attorney told me, and you know, you can help.
Speaker 23: Me out here, I hope that that that actually is what they call a masking of what the true infraction was. So therefore, they're in the process of of reprinting their tickets so that they comply with the federal law.
Speaker 10: Is what she's told me.
Speaker 23: But on my particular ticket, it says it would go to two points operating in an unsafe vehicle.
Speaker 10: I don't know. Can they arbitrarily just tell you that? And if they've told you that, is that legal? Is that enough for it to be?
Speaker 4: Well, let's put it this way, Okay, what they have done, and this has been going on for years they would put down a lesser offense if you don't fight it, and it's like a plea deal basically, now, did you have an unsafe vehicle? Technically not, but would you rather have that than speeding? Then you agree to it. And if you agree to it, you agree to it. But like sometimes they'll put out a tail light or something. They'll say that, I don't know what they're talking about when they say that, they have to comply that. There's most what's that mark.
Speaker 7: There's quite a few insurance companies that look at a defective vehicle like a speeding ticket.
Speaker 4: Of course, yeah they know that, but that's not like, that's not like against the laws. What I'm saying is what he's doing is not against the law. But insurance companies have long ignored those mark. In fact, they'll ask you was it really a defective vehicle or really a tail light? Or was it masking? So the word masking comes from the insurance industry.
Speaker 23: Well, when I looked it up, I looked it up online. You know, it definitely has some implications of the anti masking and what the municipalities are supposed to be doing. But I guess still my question is if in fact, on this particular ticket, it says that it's an unsafe vehicle operating an unsafe vehicle. Can they arbitrarily change that in the system that they report to on our CDL as an example to a speeding two point speeding ticket?
Speaker 4: Well, they, you're asking me, can they? When you say legally, I mean, I can't answer that. All I can tell you is they do it all the time. However, it says here specifically, because I looked up the CDL, it says for CDLs only if federal regulations prohibit it, so they can't. Now, now, this is something I didn't know until you mentioned a CDL, so I put in CDL with my search, and this says masking a speeding ticket is a common practice taking a speeding a violation and altering it and keeping it off the record by various means, such as making it a non moving violation. However, if you hold a CDL, federal regulations prohibit masking on your license, so technically they can't do it.
Speaker 7: So let me tell you how it goes down. This is my understanding, and I believe Joe Lazier is the one I got this from long time ago. When you get a speeding ticket or whatever is issued to you and you either plea or fight it in court, whatever the outcome is what it is. Then it gets sent over to DMV. That's when it hits your driving record. Now the issue is this with the CDL, they can look at the original charge, is my understanding, I'm not sure, right, sure, so they can see the original charge was speeding and you took you took the plee down to defective taillight or whatever it is. I'm not sure they do that with a normal driver's like.
Speaker 5: They don't.
Speaker 4: They don't mark. Now, with a normal driver's license, an insurance company can charge you as if you had a speeding ticket if you tell them it was really for speeding.
Speaker 5: Most of the time they don't.
Speaker 4: But a commercial driver's license, you can't do it at all. You can't. It's it's absolutely you're right, it's against the law. And with a CDL, well you can not allowed.
Speaker 7: You can still take the plea for whatever municipality or whoever you're dealing with. But the bottom line is everybody's going to know on your driving record that it was a speeding ticket.
Speaker 4: Right. You can still take fewer points, you can still take fewer points, that's right for sure, But on your CDL it will show us a speeding violation.
Speaker 23: Okay, yeah, and that's what I really wanted to know. And you know, it is what it is. You know, it's one hundred and twenty dollars fine, four points down to two points. It's probably not worth my time or money to actually, but I'd like.
Speaker 4: To ask you something, as a CDL holder, tell me about it.
Speaker 1: Is it?
Speaker 4: Do you get punished for speeding tickets way more than you would with a regular driver's license. Can it affect your ability to work?
Speaker 8: Well?
Speaker 23: I think if it's a you know, over a period of time you accumulate more than one I think every year.
Speaker 10: Or so, it can affect that.
Speaker 5: Yes, okay, so.
Speaker 23: It's so it's an important thing for me. Although I'm retired and I still do a lot of driving for various companies and a lot of help out there. It could affect me if if, in fact, I were to receive another which you know, like I was saying, this was also in my personal vehicle.
Speaker 10: But you know, I don't know.
Speaker 4: It's just now obviously wait, we haven't talked about this, and that is you can dispute the whole thing and fight it. I mean, you're not guilty automatically. I mean, the chances of winning a speeding ticket are pretty slim, but you can also fight it. I got to move on to another call, but I wish you the best. Three oh three seven one, three eight two five five. Julie was cited for third party damage.
Speaker 5: I don't even understand.
Speaker 4: Are hired, I'm sorry, a third party for damages to her home or the city did tell me what you're doing? The city hired someone who damaged your home? Is that what I'm reading in these notes? Julie, not really, So okay, go ahead and tell your story, Pachina, This this note line you put here has me confused as hell. Go ahead and let me know what's going on, Julie.
Speaker 3: Sure.
Speaker 24: So the city that I live in, their building department, hires a third party company to run the building department.
Speaker 12: Oh, they're the ones that.
Speaker 21: Were They're the one that.
Speaker 24: Give out the permits for the permanent work. They're the ones that approve or deny the work done.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So they have a private contractor doing this.
Speaker 24: A third party company.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, that's what I meant.
Speaker 17: Like, Okay, yeah, so.
Speaker 20: Long story short.
Speaker 24: Last year in May at twenty twenty three, there was major hailstorms. I got hail damage. Obviously, I need your roofers should come give me estimates. And I had one roofer stay to me like that, this is all wrong, as in the work that was done, which was new in twenty twenty. And so then I'm like, what do you mean it's wrong because I don't know anything about roofine.
Speaker 4: So in twenty twenty when you had in twenty twenty, when you had the roof done, was it also because of hal.
Speaker 10: Yeah, And the.
Speaker 4: Roofer that was looking at the most recent damage said, hey, this previous job was done all wrong, right because.
Speaker 24: A there wasn't enough events and then and there was I don't know if you know anything about the pitch, but I've learned an awful lot the pitch that my roofs have two roofs are below a two twelve.
Speaker 21: With a two twelve or.
Speaker 24: Below roof, you cannot have three tab shingles on it.
Speaker 5: Okay, now is that right? Mike O'Malley, do you know about that?
Speaker 4: Just put that my closer to your Yeah, it's right.
Speaker 18: You have to go with the low slope roofing. Material.
Speaker 4: All right, I got to take a break. I'll come right back and see where we're going with is Julie. I think she's gonna blame the third party because they were inspecting we'll have more coming up. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, you're a troubleshooter three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five Julie, I think I understand the problem. So you're in your city, the building department is run by a private company because the municipality hires a private company to do it.
Speaker 5: This is not unheard of.
Speaker 4: There are private companies that run water systems, sewage systems.
Speaker 5: Private companies that do.
Speaker 4: Street maintenance, and in this case, they say, run our building department. Okay, in running the building department. I know you're going to make the case because of how you presented it that they aired in their inspections of your roof three years ago when it was replaced, and it costs and it was done improperly. They use the improper shingle. What else was done wrong?
Speaker 24: But at that time, that's all I knew. And then when I got my roof replaced in September of twenty twenty three, I had my roofer and I were up there when they tore off the shingles, you could see mold. They the decking was improper, they used plywood and certain areas or replace it. There's millions of gaps within the boards.
Speaker 4: What do you mean it was improper? They didn't. They didn't lay it down right.
Speaker 14: No, they did not.
Speaker 24: I don't know how you lay it right if you got a two inch gap between boards.
Speaker 4: And so you're saying this roof was never you're saying this roof was never inspected properly. Had it been inspected properly, it would have been laid down properly, and you would not have had the additional damage.
Speaker 24: Correct if they would have come to see the decking and not approved it, they would have had to redo it.
Speaker 4: That's exactly what I just said. Then you wouldn't have had the damage. We can get right to that point, and I agree with you.
Speaker 5: I totally agree with you.
Speaker 4: Okay, if what you're saying is true, they put it on improperly, it wasn't inspected, and as a result, you have additional damage. What I need to ask you is what's that additional damage.
Speaker 24: My sighting is bubbling like, it's like wavy like from the moisture, and I've also had ceiling damages.
Speaker 4: Then you need a public adjuster because your insurance will cover additional damage. It's going to be easier to get your insurance to cover it. And I'm going to tell you why. The governmental immunity will go to that will extend to private companies who are hired by the municipality. So you're going to have the worst time in the world if you think you're going to sue the city for this neglect or for this oversight. It's going to be really, really difficult. Your insurance covers all of this stuff. If it's a result of this dammage, it's gonna be covered.
Speaker 24: To see, the tail didn't cause the damage, it's the three years of the rain and snow melting on the roof.
Speaker 4: Yes, unfortunately, that's right. And however, now you're right. If it's normal wear and tear or lack of make coverage, it could be denied depending on how it's presented. I was going to recommend that you consult a public adjuster to see if you can get it covered by your insurance.
Speaker 5: Because I'm gonna.
Speaker 4: Tell you this, Julie, unless I'm sadly mistaken, which I'm usually not, you're either gonna get it covered by your insurance company or you're gonna have no coverage and to sue the city. What do you think that's gonna cost you. It's gonna cost you way, way, way more. You're gonna lose. You can't sue them because that company has governmental immunity. Well, actually you can sue them. There's a process, but it's going to be I don't think you're going to get anything, is what I'm saying.
Speaker 24: But see I'm not. Initially I started a claim. There's a claim filed with that company's Professional Liability.
Speaker 4: Good and what are they saying.
Speaker 24: They're the ones that Oh they're lying left and right and sending letters to the roofing company telling they sums up great jobs, we passed this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but what what tell me what you put in a claim that third party, that third party running the building department? Are they saying to you, yes, you can put a claim in with our insurance, right.
Speaker 24: They I don't need their permission.
Speaker 21: I did it.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, actually they cooperated though, because you found out who they're whatever. I don't care how you word it, but they they are not opposing you putting an a claim. If their insurance wants to pay it, they're not going to oppose it. Is that right?
Speaker 24: They are opposing it.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's what I meant.
Speaker 4: So they're not giving you They are opposing it under what grounds? Are they opposing the claim you put into their insurance?
Speaker 24: They are stating that my roof pitches are over A two twelve when they have no proof.
Speaker 4: Okay, So they're doing it on a factual basis, which is good. They're not saying they're not invoking governmental immunity, are they?
Speaker 24: I wouldn't think so.
Speaker 14: They're part of no.
Speaker 4: I mean they never mentioned it, right, They never mentioned government immunity right, No, and their insurance company did not mention it, right. Correct. That's good news. So if it comes down to simply proving the pitch of the roof, that's way easier than if they claim governmental immunity. So is that the big issue now that you don't have a two twelve pitch?
Speaker 24: That's their claim yet.
Speaker 4: So if you show them proof with an engineer who measures it, that you have a two twelve roof, then they have to pay the claim, right because they're not protesting the claim.
Speaker 3: Correct, So why haven't you done that?
Speaker 12: Pictures aren't going.
Speaker 5: Pictures aren't going to know?
Speaker 24: I need like a professional.
Speaker 8: I need a professional.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you actually do. But this is good news. See, I am happy for you, Julie, because they're not. They never even mentioned, forget it, Julie, were covered under the city's immunity. They never mentioned that. If they're so stupid as to mention that's not a two twelve pitch and you could easily prove it is, well, then you took their argument away.
Speaker 5: You're gonna get it covered, okay.
Speaker 4: Well, so here's what I want to know. Michael O'Malley with a petrolley roofing. Who does she get like, why won't they take a roofer's word for it? That is a two twelve.
Speaker 18: Well, it's easy to manipulate the pictures and see that, hey look this is like I could go and say this.
Speaker 5: Over so she needs really an engineer.
Speaker 18: An engineer would probably somebody that stamps it and says, hey, look this is a bright twelve, and you know what they're.
Speaker 4: I think once you do that, you're you're gonna have it. I mean, in my opinion, we got to take this break. We got more coming up. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the Real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three oh three seven to one three, three oh three seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 5: Ronda has a.
Speaker 4: Follow up with T Mobile. Yes, this was the weird one.
Speaker 21: Let me get rid of that.
Speaker 4: Okay, there we go. Yeah, Ronda, so your cell was damaged and you wanted to replace?
Speaker 20: Can I ask you a really huge favor, real quick?
Speaker 8: Yeah, go ahead before.
Speaker 23: Can you?
Speaker 20: Can you tell uh, Deputy Doc that I said, Hi, he.
Speaker 25: Delivered my daughter thirty one years ago.
Speaker 4: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 20: Whoa tough deliver?
Speaker 4: So I remember?
Speaker 1: Ay?
Speaker 4: Wait, you remember Ronda's daughter specifically?
Speaker 3: Now I was just kidding. Oh okay, my daughter.
Speaker 25: Was breach and she had her legs up in the air.
Speaker 4: How many breaches did you do, Doc?
Speaker 13: Oh? A lot?
Speaker 11: While there's like, uh maybe five percent of births five of breach.
Speaker 25: Well here my husband, my husband worked on your wife's car. My best friend bought your wife's car.
Speaker 4: Oh wow. And you know, Deputy Doc said, when he delivers a baby, he would always say, now, that's one of the cutest babies I've ever seen.
Speaker 13: Oh the mine was? They all are.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so anyway they have Okay, so Doc, she says, hello, isn't that cool?
Speaker 3: Anyways?
Speaker 4: So you're you said that you wanted to replace the screen, and you paid a ninety nine dollars deductible under the assurance plan, and they they sent you a new phone right and and UH charge you four hundred bucks or a refurbished phone, the wrong phone. I know you had a problem there, but eventually the bottom line is they haven't. They need proof of delivery of your old phone before they'll credit your account. We'll come back to you on that because I'm out of time and I want to give you some time to answer it. We have that coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. I'm Tom Martinez Alsotrolley Roofing.
Speaker 5: Dot com in the house.
Speaker 4: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Please time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the Real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Rit ne need advice so you don't have.
Speaker 2: Run ins as cam. No Shooter's gonna hilp.
Speaker 1: Come man, this is.
Speaker 3: The Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 4: Now Tom Martino, Hi, Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. We're here to help you solve problems and answer questions, take complaints. This hour brought to you by renew home Innovations dot Com for the best shower conversions ever. Beautiful beautiful walls like stone, look like stone, feel like stone, stone resin, no maintenance required, glass panels on the front and diffused or clear, and then you can have the wrap around, no door needed, smooth thresholds to transjistion over without needing to step over anything. Renew home Innovations dot Com two or three days and then you have seventy two months to pay with no interest three three nine zero four two thousand, three three nine zero four two thousand renew home Innovations dot Com. So Ronda called with T mobile problem and she said that they promised, well, we had one deputy call and they promised it would no No. I know what happened. I told you to wait because they promised it would be done by July thirty first, which is today, And so I wanted to know if they did finished.
Speaker 5: Did you get your phone?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 25: So what I did get my phone? But what happened is I mean your credit?
Speaker 18: No.
Speaker 25: T Mobile did a conference call with a lady named Ruth from T Mobile did a conference call with Kenya from Assurance, and she said that the documentation of the lady I talked to the day before, Liz, wasn't in there at all.
Speaker 20: Someone, someone at eleven.
Speaker 25: Am, said that it'll take one to two more billion cycles.
Speaker 4: Are you kidding me? You've been waiting since when to get this credit?
Speaker 25: Since March twenty first.
Speaker 5: That's when you first sent in your phone.
Speaker 25: No, my phone was their March tempt and so okay, it three one, and then the second phone was three ten, and then we received our bill from cheap.
Speaker 4: So we're talking about the four full months they've had your phone, yes, and that you can't find it and they have not credited you, and they're charging you four hundred dollars.
Speaker 25: Yeah, four hundred and eighty dollars, eighty three dollars and eighty cent.
Speaker 4: So what did when you were on the phone. What did they suggest you do it? Verison not Verizon? At which what cell phone? Is it planing?
Speaker 15: Are you on mobile?
Speaker 6: What did they they suggested?
Speaker 24: I set a payment.
Speaker 25: Plan up for it. Yeah, but mobile is on that and get rid of the bill.
Speaker 4: What do you mean they can't get rid of the bill.
Speaker 25: They're okay, and it's a company that they sold us the insurance to.
Speaker 4: And are you saying when you say the assurance or assurance.
Speaker 25: Assurant with the teeth?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 21: My husband kindly.
Speaker 25: Wrote that in the notes.
Speaker 4: I see, Okay, So right now you haven't paid it and it's on your bill, yes, gosh, dang it.
Speaker 5: And T Mobiles says.
Speaker 25: The team Mobiles giving me a credit hold until August tempt What does that mean? They won't start collecting again until after August temph.
Speaker 4: So they're going to wait until then to see if you get a credit.
Speaker 25: Yeah, which I won't because it's going to be one one to one to two more billing cycles.
Speaker 4: Again, did Assurance say why it takes so long to issue a credit?
Speaker 25: They say it's because they can't find the phone in the warehouse. They have proofs that they have it, They have.
Speaker 4: The well then why is that your problem? I don't This thing is crazy.
Speaker 20: It is crazy.
Speaker 4: Well, somebody's got to call them. I mean, this is ridiculous. We got to call these people. They're just jerking you around. I mean it's not Look, you have a receipt.
Speaker 5: It was sent.
Speaker 4: They even agree that they received it, so if they lost it, that shouldn't be your problem. Who do we have that can explain that to these morons?
Speaker 25: I don't know because I try to call them and I cannot get through. They tell me what number I'm calling from, and they don't let me get through.
Speaker 4: We can probably get through. You have the initial number to call. Do you have someone there you've been talking to at Assurance?
Speaker 25: No, because they've cease to communicate with me unless I.
Speaker 4: Go through T Mobile.
Speaker 20: I can call T Mobile.
Speaker 25: And they can take our password and make a phone call to Assurance with me on a line into a conference call. That's the only way I can talk to Assurance. And that's what they did yesterday they called me.
Speaker 4: So T Mobile is your bridge between them? Yep, and T Mobile heard them say they have proof they have the phone.
Speaker 25: They heard them say that several times.
Speaker 4: Now, then why won't T Mobile say to them or advocate for you.
Speaker 25: They're not advocating for me at all.
Speaker 5: Anybody have any ideas?
Speaker 3: This started in February, So.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this thing sucks.
Speaker 4: I'm looking up insurant Assurant because we really need to get to them directly.
Speaker 5: Somebody at assurance has to care.
Speaker 4: And man, and.
Speaker 25: They're not documenting their phone calls so obviously because they don't have any entry for me talking to Liz two days ago that guaranteed me twenty four to forty eight hours.
Speaker 5: No, they're just.
Speaker 4: And you can't sue because you haven't paid it yet.
Speaker 13: Right?
Speaker 5: Is Mark still on? Is he still on or not? I wanted to run that.
Speaker 25: I kind of feel like T Mobiles to be responsible because we paid the insurance through them.
Speaker 4: Okay, purchased it. We're gonna you know what, Doc, can you call T Mobile for her and start there? At least you're listening to this problem?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I can try, because here's here's what I would say.
Speaker 5: It's a very simple thing.
Speaker 4: You've been on a conference call several times and verified they got the phone. They just said they can't place where it is. That's not her problem. She's done everything. She's supposed to do. I mean, you're the one selling this damn insurance policy. Or we got to get a contact at assurance and call them. I would I would at least doc start, at least start making some calls and see if we can get someone at tea mobile, maybe even in media or something that can help.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I'll try the media relations Tom Yeah.
Speaker 4: And say, look, this is ridiculous. What's happening to this woman? She just doesn't want to be charged for the phone she sent back? All right, RONA hold on, Craig, what's going on with you? Craig, welcome to the showy.
Speaker 12: Real quick and listening. What's you since the mid eighties?
Speaker 18: So wow?
Speaker 4: For years now, I got all of these listeners calling in about the eighties.
Speaker 5: This is so cool. What's happening with you?
Speaker 4: We're all getting older and we're all getting well. Hey, hey, hey, yeah, I guess we are.
Speaker 5: I guess I guess we are.
Speaker 12: Have have you met as your referless folks? Been with Smith's for the last four years? Four years years?
Speaker 4: The clerk choice.
Speaker 12: But this call is just to give a shout out if I.
Speaker 8: Can, sure you can from one of us, from one of us.
Speaker 12: Truths Jacob with the trolley. We've met a few times. I just signed a contract with Jacob yesterday for the to do my rough But on one thing with Jacob, he's been really patient and helping me to understand like the the actual cash value, how the recoverable and appreciation works and all that, so I understand really when I'm getting into what's going on, how this gets paid and everything. So just a quick shout out to Jacob. Is Jacob's on one of his son's birthdays today, so he can give that out to him too.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Thank you man for waiting to tell them. And who is Jacob? Mike?
Speaker 5: Who is Jacob that he's talking about?
Speaker 18: And Jacob is one of our He's just a dynamite guy. I tell you I've met Jacob, and you know how you just get a feeling for somebody. How long has you Jacob had owned a painting company. He's been with us for about a year now. Yeah, and he's just dynamite, Like he's a person that you want to be a friend with, not just someone that you want to work with.
Speaker 4: That's cool.
Speaker 18: Now, he's got like six kids, so I can't tell you which one of his birthdays they are like they But I tell you, man, all of his kids are dynamite. They were like little bow ties and they're just the cutest little things. But yeah, Jacob is one of the best. But we're really selective in who we hire. You know, they carry our reputation with us, and Jacob exemplifies what we do at Petrolley Roofing. So what a wonderful Carl. Thank you so much for that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we do appreciate the feedback. Trust me, we got more coming right up on the Troubleshooter Show. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content, wait time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the Real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five, I got Michael Maalley with me from for Trolley Roofing, and we're talking about this thing that is causing some confusion because I got some texts on it and they want us to clarify it. And it's called scheduling or the official word, and in fact I'm wondering, you know what, we should get Compass Insurance Group onto to talk about it. But it's called what's the official word?
Speaker 18: So some people will call it a roof surface payment schedule, some will call it a roof payment schedule. Some different insurance companies have different terms.
Speaker 4: But okay, and basically what does it say.
Speaker 18: It says that over or after a certain time period, your roof will transition from an RCD policy to an ACD policy. And so most of that cut off is about ten years, so.
Speaker 4: They take a little bit away from your coverage every year. Yeah. So, and by the way, this won't happen to you unless you have this kind of policy right which they're starting with.
Speaker 5: So you probably don't have it, but look out for it.
Speaker 4: When they say you have a roof scheduling program, it means they're going to pay a certain amount each year for ten years and then it goes down a tenth maybe not a tent, but it goes down over ten years. And then at the end of ten years, is it only fifty percent covered or yes?
Speaker 18: For a normal thirty year shingle or asphalt shingle, after ten years, you'll you'll only get like a fifty percent recoverable cost on that.
Speaker 4: So it's an ACB policy. Do you think basically everything's going to move to that eventually.
Speaker 18: For insurance sake, especially in high risk areas. That's where they're moving right. It's a losing game for insurance in Colorado right now, and the house doesn't like to lose.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So Kaschina, if you could just put a quick call into Compass, I want to know about this. So what they're saying is this, if you have a roof that's going to last because it's hail resistant, is that really helping you? Well, technically you can go through several storms without ever getting replaced, right, So let's say it goes on for ten years and you never had to replace it under insurance. In the tenth year, it might only be covered by fifty percent. So does it depreciate after that or not?
Speaker 18: Yeah, it'll continue to depreciate down to whatever that expected life.
Speaker 5: Own the roof is. Yeah, okay, so it's not just ten years.
Speaker 18: So after ten years, you won't have any recoverable depreciation, okay, right, and then it's going to continue to depreciate the actual cash value of that roof down to zero if it's a twenty year roof, you know, after ten years.
Speaker 4: So really what they're saying is it's going to be actual cash value eventually. And so you have a roof, you're gonna pay for your roof, Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 18: They think that it's a something that you should.
Speaker 4: Be because well, you know, if you think about it, I know this doesn't sound like I mean, I don't really like insurance companies, but really it is more fair. I mean, if you think about it, most people would keep a roof as long as they possibly can because they.
Speaker 5: Know eventually they'll get a new one.
Speaker 4: And if you think about it, to replace a forty year roof or a thirty year roof with a brand new one because you had a hailstorm, to me, doesn't it doesn't make sense. I can't believe that it was part of your policy to begin with actual replacement value. I mean, because if you think about it. Who does replacement value? Cars don't do it. I can't think of any other insurance that does full replacement value.
Speaker 5: I can't. That's why I want to talk to Compass.
Speaker 4: I want to know if they have any that they can recall that does the actual not actual, the full replacement value now actual catch value ACV. That means really, I don't know why they put cash in it. They could just call it actual value. What it means is whatever something is worth is what you get. With car insurance, that's what you get. Whatever it's worth is what you get. Your car's worth one hundred thousand, you don't get a replacement for that. You get if it's fifty thousand, you get fifty. If it's a thirty thousand dollars car, you get fifteen. If it's a few years old. I mean, you never get what you paid for it. But with roofing, you would get more than you paid for it in most cases. So I think the whole industry's going that way. I don't think there'll ever be a time in the future you can get full replacement on a roof.
Speaker 18: Yeah, I mean, from an insurance standpoint, it's a it's a much safer or.
Speaker 4: For the for the insurance company. Okay, So here's the thing. If you go with this kind of roof, then maybe people say, why shouldn't I go with a better roof, because then I'll have it longer. The chances of me replacing it are nil. But you're saying, well, if you have a regular asphalt roof and have to replace it with a storm because you know you're going to get a storm within ten years, right, but isn't it still depreciated?
Speaker 18: It is, but you'll fall within the replacement cost value portion of that insurance policy.
Speaker 5: What does that mean?
Speaker 18: So it means that they'll pay the actual cost to replace the full value of the roof. So if it's a twenty thousand dollars roof and you're you're within ten years, they'll pay you the twenty thousand.
Speaker 4: Even on a hail packed resistant roof if it was destroyed. But it just doesn't get destroyed and get disty.
Speaker 5: I see what you're saying.
Speaker 4: So an as fall roof, you will get full replacement for the first ten years. Yeah, exactly, so my so in other words, with so, what they're saying is most roofs will get full replacement for ten years. Right, but after ten years, yeah, you start getting sadly diminished fast.
Speaker 18: Sadly diminished.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 18: And so for me, I'd rather reset that ten year time clock, right, I get five to seven years?
Speaker 4: Yeah, get it go with a sure thing Denver's Best roof of Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one. Help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martine here three three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. We tried to get this person on the show. He had texted me on my Google number.
Speaker 5: And here's the deal, he says.
Speaker 4: His credit card company called and reached out to him about consolidating. They said they will reduce what I owe them for a monthly fee. And he's says, but I've always paid on time I suspect this is some kind of scam. First of all, credit card companies aren't going to take less money to settle a debt from people who have been paying their bills.
Speaker 5: They're just not going to do it. Okay.
Speaker 4: Now you say it's your credit card company, but there are many many companies that can sound like your credit card company and they're not your credit card company.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 4: I just wouldn't buy it, okay. And consolidation of credit cards is sometimes a good idea of the math makes sense. If you can actually get a manageable payment, you won't be late, and it lowers your interest a bit. There's nothing wrong with it, okay, if you can make your payments. But then once you do that and your credit cards are paid off through consolidation, then you should not use those credit cards again, because then you're going to have double the debt and that's a problem a lot of people get into. So I am urging you not to do that. Okay. On other consumer stuff, here our numbers three oh three seven one three talk three O three seven one three eight two five five. Let's talk about the beauty industry, and I'm talking about cosmetic surgery and things This is something.
Speaker 5: I've been meaning to talk about.
Speaker 4: Believe it or not, gen Zers and people who are younger are saying that they want less and less of cosmetic surgery. Young adults say that they believe the benefits are not outweighed by the negative impacts, so they say that they are shying away from cosmetic surgery and cosmetic procedures. And in fact, if you look at statistics, the percentage of cosmetic surger is going way down and there's going to be a big gap because baby boomers and slightly behind baby boomers have been using most of the cosmetic surgery. The facelifts, the brow lifts, the eyelifts, the chin of whatever gobble gobble get rid of, and all of this stuff has been being used by a disproportionate portion or section of the population. So you have a lot of this being done by older people who are dying off.
Speaker 5: The younger people are not buying it now. Fillers are another thing.
Speaker 4: Some people are going for fillers and temporary fixes, but cosmetic surgery seems to be on a downward trend.
Speaker 13: Well, Tom, that's because they're young.
Speaker 11: I mean, I don't think anybody wanted plastic surgery when they were young.
Speaker 13: Let's see what happens to these people when they saw it.
Speaker 4: I'm saying their opinions, they are opinions of it.
Speaker 5: Their opinions are changing.
Speaker 4: Whereas I'm saying that even I know what you're saying, Doc, but the forty and fifty year olds that had positive, not positive, but not negative impressions of cosmetic surgery, those people now at that same age group seem to have more negative opinions of cosmetic surgery. So I don't know if people think that's good or bad. But you're saying that they're going to change as they get older, because they're going to see that their faces sagging and say, no matter what I said, I'm going to change. It depends because the attitude usually is what comes first, and then the behavior. Right, your attitude is, hey, this is not a bad idea. Apparently younger people have a more negative attitude toward cosmetic procedures. I mean, at least that's what this trend seems to be showing on this study. So here is something else that's important. Again, things I wanted to talk about. We had slammed lines. Did you know that?
Speaker 5: Again?
Speaker 4: And I keep referencing, I keep referencing gen Z. Does anyone know gen Z is age?
Speaker 5: I keep looking it up.
Speaker 4: The age range for gen Z is twelve to twenty seven.
Speaker 5: Okay, so a lot of adults. But they're younger adults.
Speaker 4: Do you know, And I know you may think interviewing them is not going to do much, but the eighteen to twenty seven year olds and even eighteen to thirty five year olds, guess where their political leanings are going?
Speaker 5: More conservative? Did you know that?
Speaker 4: And this was a deep dive into gen Z adults and just beyond gen zs that show that a lot of of them on politics are becoming more moderate and less liberal in recent years, a shift that comes as and one of the main reasons they cite are economic issues. Now that doesn't mean necessarily they're extremely conservative. Many of them socially are still hold some liberal views, which isn't a bad thing, I guess, but political ideologies are swinging more towards center and right than left when it comes to gen Zers and just beyond gen Zers. They are doing this through interviews, downloads and search results and all of that, saying that people are becoming more moderate in the younger years. Now there is a group of people believe it or not wildly liberal between ages of forty five to fifty four. Now that's not where I would think to see them, but that is where research is showing three zero three, seven to one to three talk seven one three eight two five to five. Now here's some good news on the UH on deductions. Section one seventy nine is a deduction. You can take lump sums up to a certain amount. And right now, UH they used to have severely not severely, but limited deductions you could take for certain things. Now, if you make energy improvements to your buildings, there are going to be huge tax benefits, huge bet So it's not a credit, it's a deduction, but you don't depreciate it over years.
Speaker 5: You can take it in a lump sum.
Speaker 4: So section one seventy nine deduction is available not just for new construction, but additions and improvements if you can show that the improvements will help your energy efficiency, including lights owing to LEDs, HVAC systems, and water systems. You know hot water systems and you're building envelope. This is a major change, folks. Now it's not a tax credit like solar, but you get a lot of deductions in a lump sum for putting those things in your buildings, and that should be a huge incentive for people. Uh three oh three seven one three eight two five five. We got more coming up on the Troubleshooter show. Uh. Petrolleyroofing had to leave, he had to make it back to the springs. That's Petrolleyroofing dot com. Remember they're at seven one nine three seven five eight seven seven three. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here, Okay, by the way, let me see Oh, I want to answer some of your questions here. All right, if the roof goes down in price over years, like you're saying, these scheduling well, here's what we're saying. The new policies coming out are offering replacement value for a roof for the first ten years only, and then after ten years it starts to be an actual cash value and it's valued for its depreciated value, and that's all you're gonna get paid. Okay, So the first ten years you'll get replacement. After that you'll only get the depreciated value. Now, that was the argument being made by Petroli to maybe get a regular asphalt roof because chances are it will be replaced in the first ten years, whereas a hail proof roof won't and you may end up fifteen or twenty years later as you have to replace the roof, it might cost you the full amount. So that is there's still good roofs and it might be a foty year roof where you don't have to worry about that. Again, it's something to consider, But insurance companies are going to ten year replacement and then ACV. Someone wants to know will policies go down as a result of that. The answer is absolutely not. Policies are not going to go down and has nothing to do with policies. It has to do with the depreciated value of your.
Speaker 5: Roof, not your coverage.
Speaker 4: Now going over some of these calls, by the way, and I don't probably have room for another call. If you want to get one in, you can try. But there's some things I want to bring up. This one guy that got a speeding ticket, Okay, he wanted to know about the officer downgrading that speeding ticket. If he pleads guilty and pays, then they will just make it a defective vehicle violation instead of speeding. That's okay. With normal licensing, it's called masking, and they often do it.
Speaker 5: Now your insurance company may.
Speaker 4: Choose to investigate it and say, now it's really speeding, even though he said you had a defective tail light, it's really speeding and charging. But with a CDL, if you're in a private vehicle but you have a commercials driver's license, a commercial driver's license, and you get popped for speeding, the masking is not allowed at all. You can take the lower points and you can take the defective vehicle, but on your CDL it will be listed as a speeding ticket. They will not give you a break on that. When it comes to commercial driver's licenses, that's a new federal regulation, relatively new, and they're going to probably charge you more as a result, and you could lose your commercial driver's license if you get too many of them.
Speaker 5: On some other calls, we had.
Speaker 4: One woman wanted to know about not renewing the lease on her home.
Speaker 5: Again, this is called just cause.
Speaker 4: If you do not want to renew a lease on a tenant, you have to have a good reason, as somebody brought up. You can a victim all you want, but they could take.
Speaker 5: You to court to challenge the reason.
Speaker 4: Now, most likely most tenants won't do that, but that's something to keep in mind. Well, you can hear by the music, we're almost out of time. I want to remind you to call three Zo three mar Artino at any time for help, information and referrals. Three oh three six two seven eight four sixty six