Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to the show at Martin Willershure, host, and just got back this morning from Sedona, Arizona and the Skyfire Summit with Travis Walton. Had a wonderful time out there, what beautiful scenery it was. And I get two really good recorded interviews. You'll find them very enjoyable. One is coming up this Thursday with Stacey Wright on basically Phoenix and the Arizona area UF HOST. Nice conversation. That's Thursday at eight pm. And then next Tuesday, I have a wonderful recording with.
Speaker 2: Don Schmidt and he was.
Speaker 1: Mentored by Jay Allen Heinek, and so we're going to be talking all about that and it's a real, really good conversation, best one I ever had with Don Schmidt. And that is next Tuesday. It'll be here. It's not live. Thursday will not be live. However, I will be introducing the show and I will be in the chat and also saying goodbye everyone when I leave.
Speaker 2: So just remember.
Speaker 1: So coming up we have Stacey Wright on Thursday eight pm, and next Tuesday week from tonight, Don Schmidt at nine pm. So our guest tonight, I met Mitch Randall out in contact in the desert, and I did a show with him just on AI, only artificial intelligence. He doesn't like to call it artificial. I think he had another word for it. I might ask him about that.
Speaker 2: Because.
Speaker 1: I think we're going to be hearing a lot more about that. And one of the thoughts that I had when I was out in Sedona, I watched a film by Ron James and now it's that is not going to be out for a while. We saw it sort of pre completely. You know, it was a rough cut. I guess you would call it of the movie. Very good movie. I'm going to be talking to him when that is out. But he introduced AI into this movie Accidental Truths and number two that is, and I thought he made a lot of sense, and the thought occurred to me, you know, we're progressing so quickly right now. Can you imagine if a society had an intelligent society had AI for say a thousand years. I mean you can only imagine what that could mean. And when artificial intelligence is building itself and how you know it'll just pyramid up to something who knows, and whatever it is, I'm sure we'll be traveling the stars, I think. Anyway, Mitch Randall was on the show months ago about AI and he has a wonderful background. We're going to be talking about that. Just so everyone knows. The blog this week, but Charles lear Is Encounters on the Roads of Spain and it talks about a nineteen nineties encounter and a lot more. So check out the blog at podcastufo dot com. And thank you all for being here, Thanks for those who have supported the show. And it was really nice to be in Sidona. And three people actually came there, one from Buffalo, New York, just to meet and hang out. So there was Matt, there was Ron and Joel. I believe I have all their names. It was great to meet you all and hang out with you so and I do believe a lot of people at the conference said they'll be listening, So a shout out to you as well if you are new.
Speaker 2: To the show. Mitch, welcome, Hey, thanks for having me on.
Speaker 1: Yes, you know, I thought we really had a I thought we had a wonderful conversation about AI out there.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, it's sort of.
Speaker 1: It can be sort of depressing because it's kind of scary. It's an unknown and this is a like a never ending technology. And and you know, I like the term this could be our last invention, and that sounds like a loaded sentence, but in a way, it could be because AI could be doing all the inventing from now on. You know, it's kind of crazy, but you know, this show is not really about AI, but I'm sure we'll be talking about it.
Speaker 2: But we're going to be talking.
Speaker 1: About SkyWatch, and this is something you and I never discussed. Of course, you're at a UFO conference and you're going to be talking about that. But let's let's wind all the way back and before even this idea. What was your interest in UFOs to begin with?
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm probably influenced by my big brother who was always into the UFOs, so I kind of followed his tracks, Like I didn't you know there was a time back in the seventies when it was you know, really you had to be a flake believe in them, right, And then I remember there's an Omni magazine article about UFOs, like what's that doing there? You know, that was about the time I got into it. So it was way back in the seventies. And and I'll tell you that it's actually hasn't really changed much at all, because it's still this you know, like excitement and then nothing and then excitement. And it's been doing that for decades.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 3: And then I got pulled into it again with Grush. Given that testimony, I thought, this is it. It's coming out. The toothpaste is squirted out all over. Then I figured I figured out about that toothpaste. I don't want to get off track with so many things, but you know they always say that, you know, the toothpaste.
Speaker 2: Came out of the too, can't go back in.
Speaker 3: Let the toothpaste dry up. That's all. There's toothpaste all over. Yeah.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: This conference that I was at last weekend, there was a lot of talk about, you know, the different ideas that people have on disclosure, and that's really what it is. We all have different thoughts on what disclosure is. And you know, and someone, you know, one person said, oh, it's here in the UFO community.
Speaker 2: Doesn't know when to say yes.
Speaker 1: And I kind of resented that remark because it's not us that need to be convinced in the community. I don't think it's like admittance of the governments and all that. Maybe and I don't even know how much that will push that forward.
Speaker 2: You know, I mean there's.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean I have a lot to say about that because that's actually part of my instrument designed because I feel that I feel that, you know, society is not going to you know, there's so many aspects. I'm trying to put it all into a coherent sentence, but I mean, society is not going to jump on board. They're really waiting for the President to stand up and say UFOs are real. That's what they want, because people don't want to take a bunch of disparate information and like sort through it all and come up with a conclusion. So this idea that you know, if there's going to be disclosure somehow, it has to come through some kind of official channel. That's a real thing. And I think you have to take that into account if you're going to if you're going to push disclosure, it can't be you know, some scientific group off in the corner says UFOs are real. That's not enough because of it, you know, for example, if it doesn't end up in the New York Times in a definitive way, like if it if it's in thew York New York Times and it says, well, this group says yes, but this group says no, that's not disclosure. It's got to be absolutely you know, spoon fed to everybody. Then that's disclosures. So that's you know, I'll talk about that more than we get into it. But that's, in my opinion, part of the instrument design that has to be made in order for citizen science to have an effect on this.
Speaker 1: I guess that's what that we get, the citizen science, as you say, involved. But I've said this a number of times and it's just my opinion that I don't think it really matters who's in office at the time. If that person in office, Democratic, Republican, whoever, says, you know, we have extraterrestrial life is visiting us or whatever it is, or it's it's found, we found it for sure, it's one hundred percent, there's going to still be a lot of people that are not going to believe that person in office.
Speaker 2: But if science, I mean.
Speaker 1: It would have to be like a whole group, a whole mass adjoining in on it before unless what do they say, catastrophic disclosure, like you know, like they all come in like Independence Day all over the world, you know, that type of thing.
Speaker 2: But so I don't know it. You know, I'm not holding my breath.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I really do think I know what you're saying. There's a lot of people don't believe what the president says. No matter which party, there's always, yeah, the people who don't believe it. But I think you're in a different zone. I think the zone that we want is when the president says it, because that means it's been through a bunch of filters and it's bubbled up to the point where it's gotten to that level. And I think people really do listen to the president. I mean, there's a lot of us that follow closely that know whether we should be listening to the president or not. But there's a whole bunch of people that listen to the president.
Speaker 2: Mmmmmm yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So so you your brother sort of got you and you mentioned the Omni magazine.
Speaker 2: I actually remember that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, friend's family used to get that, and I remember being a kid and seeing that magazine.
Speaker 2: And you know, I mentioned that.
Speaker 1: To my friend who I'm still in touch with, a childhood friend. He didn't remember it, but because I told him, you know, I broke the news to him. Look, I do a show in UFOs, and he's actually watched a couple of them.
Speaker 2: He's not picking on me too bad. He likes to pick on me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but yeah, I remember that, and so you yourself. I have never had a witness the UFO though, correct, because I.
Speaker 3: Know that that's the crazy thing. Like I went to Contact in the desert, and that has so many people that I mean, I think I'm maybe the only one that goes there who hasn't seen something.
Speaker 2: Oh no, that's not true at all. It's not true at all.
Speaker 1: And you know, you look at Steve and Steve is it you know, what's his name, Bassett?
Speaker 2: Who am I thinking of?
Speaker 3: Steve?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's never seen a UFO.
Speaker 1: Stanton Friedman, one of the greatest researchers ever, never saw a UFO. So there's there's a number of them, and they're you know, they're not exactly a unicorn. There's probably a lot of people that think they saw something and still go there because they got their curiosity up and.
Speaker 3: It may you know. So for me, like I went through that roller coaster for decades, you know, and sometimes you're really excited about it because it's it's coming out, you know, and then it goes dead, and then you're like, why would I even care about this subject? You know, like what's going on with it? You know? I mean you just go through these really deep and high peaks, you know. And for me, I was always looking for because I'm background in science, I'm technical, and I can look at a video and I can tell whether not that it's true or not, but I can tell whether it means anything or not. Because so many videos of just a dot and you can't tell if it's the camera moving or the dot moving. It's meaningless, you know. There's a lot of stuff like that, or just a dot, you know, could be any kind of light. And I've always been looking for something that's you know, that would I would think, Okay, nothing this human made can do that, And there's really very little like that. There's actually a couple videos like that, well for one of them. One of them was the I don't know if you remember the Mexican UFO video. It's a UFO that was like wobbling and it could clearly and then it went behind a building that came.
Speaker 1: Out over the top. Yeah, and I don't know if that's real. I'm not sure if that's real. I've heard controversy about that.
Speaker 3: Right, Well, for me, that was like super interesting. I actually communicated a little bit with that famous famous video video guy. I can't remember his name right now, you.
Speaker 1: Know I talk about in Mexico, are you no, no, no, the.
Speaker 3: The guy that Bruce Beccaby that's it. Yeah, yeah him a little bit to kind of go through that, but you know that anyway, I think eventually I figured out that's not real. Actually this was more recently actually froze. You know, if I learned this technique where if you can isolate the or you know, stabilize the thing you're looking at, you can tell a lot because you can see what's going on with the background. So a lot of times when people do you know, they impose, super impose a fake UFO onto a video. It's not perfect. They'll get something mixed up. And the main thing is you have to get the stabilization right because and what I noticed and when I did that is I noticed that the UFO I had it stabilized, but then you'd see the background do things that it shouldn't do. So I didn't explain that very good, but I convinced my no, I get.
Speaker 1: I get exactly what you're saying. I know when I first started looking into this topic, there was UFOs over Tahiti, I believe, and as just crazy went right over a palm trees and that video was so amazing and it was like at the time they had like a billion views.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's CGI, you know.
Speaker 1: They these people analyzed it enough to figure out that it was CGI, and that was early CGI.
Speaker 3: So the trees were all identical, Yes, I remember that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So anyway, now we're in trouble because you can you can create anything, you know, and anything can be created.
Speaker 2: So the video.
Speaker 3: Evidence right obviously took a big hit right now because you can create anything. So you have to be so careful now with any video evidence. But there was another I was going to say, there was a guy in Florida that was around the golf breeze time. And the guy in Florida has what I consider I mean, I didn't I never heard anybody debunk it, and I can't debunk it. But he's he's got his video camera trained on a on a UFO and then it shoots off and so that's really cool video. And I think, wow, that's so that's one of my favorites. But what I was going to say is, you know, for decades I've been looking for that that smoking gun. Evidence that that you know, with my own eyes looks to me like it can't be fake and it can't be a human you know. So and then at some point, you know, after the twenty seventeen or twenty nineteen whenever Fraverer came out with this sighting of the ticktac thing, yes, you know, at some point I thought, you know, I've been watching this for forty years, how many years? It is right, and there's so many credible people, and how could anybody be more credible than David Fraverer. And he saw it with his own eyes, and he saw it doing as you know, non human technology kind of motions, right, And so I just thought, why am I waiting for the smoking gun? I'm you know, I don't care, I don't care if I'm wrong. It looks to me. My best guess is that this is real. That's what I would say. So I finally decided like, okay, I'm on that. And so, after decades of sitting on that fence, I kind of jumped over and as soon as I jumped over, something really crazy happened. I didn't expect. But when you're sitting on the fence, you're trying to your real focus is is this real or is this not real? When you jump over the fence and you think this is real, that's when you realize every theory that is so wild, every ridiculous theory, could now be true. And that sort of shocked me because you can't really contemplate that, or believe that, or really buy into that if you're sitting on the fence. You have to jump over the fence and land on the other side before you can really feel that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, I felt kind of the same when I first got into this.
Speaker 1: Now, I did have a UFO sighting, and I'm only saying that because that kind of already started me in the door with you know, this is real type of thing, because what I saw I can't figure even today. It doesn't seem like anything that would be our technology any.
Speaker 2: Type of way.
Speaker 1: But I felt that same way about the abductees and you know experiences as they're called today. You know, like I was having a really really hard time with that, and then I started, you know, thinking more about it. And I totally believe Travis Walton's story for one.
Speaker 2: And you know, and I wanted to make a point.
Speaker 1: This this weekend when I was talking about Travis Walton, and that is that if let's just say that you or I are just I'm just going to put myself there. I'm going to fake a story that you know, I was gone for five days and you know, and and all this happened his You would make it much more simple than his. You know, his is very very complicated, and he's I listened to a on Aizon Cinema, which is a great YouTube channel. I listened to his original very first interview, and it's exact. His story has remained exactly the same. There's not one iota of difference today than it was back then of what happened to him, you know, And and you know, I've tried to like ask him really interesting questions. Do you remember using the bathroom? You know, you know, because he was gone five days? What did you eat? Were there any smells? And but he always says it was really really hard to breathe, which makes sense, you know, which does make sense. And then you know, he you know, and then the beings that came that look like us, you know, I mean, you just can't. I mean, it doesn't make any sense. Things don't make any sense and are complicated. Like he walks out in this big hangar and you know, he sees another room. He goes into it and there's other beings. They don't have a fish bowl helmet on, and they look, you know, very like very attractive humans.
Speaker 2: That's what they look like to him. And they don't talk.
Speaker 1: He's talking to them, they're not communicating with him, you know, put a mask on him.
Speaker 2: He's out.
Speaker 1: And that's the last three members on the ship. You know that that type of thing. All I'm getting at is, you know, when you take that leap or whatever. I'm not necessarily saying that everyone that says they're an experiencer really did experience. I mean, they experienced something obviously, but but there are cases like his that stand out to me. In the Allegash incident and Pasca Goula incident, you know, those those are the ones that really really stand out. I wanted to say hi to everyone and chat, thank you all for being here and good to see you all. And you know, if you have questions as we go along, just please, uh, you know, put them in all caps. So so you're you have this interest and you're you have such a you worked for you did some work with NASA and uh and then Noah, all these different organizations through radar or things that you built or what can you I said a little.
Speaker 3: I started working at the National Center for Atmospheric Research, which is here in Boulder, Colorado, and it's, uh, you know, we make weather research radars for weather research. So there they're high quality, scientific grade research weather radars and some of them, you know, forty five foot dish, some of them are you know, a six foot dish. And also did light ours, which is laser radar, same thing looking for water vapor in that case. But you know, some of the technologies I worked on went into NASA things. I worked with NO groups to do some of their research on the P threes that go to the hurricanes. And I worked at NIST as well. So I've been there's a lot of government labs around here, and I've kind of been around some.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so how did you all of a sudden get this idea? How did it come to that if we set up basically a network, a nationwide network of passive radar, and at least explain to us what passive radar compared to direct radar. What's the other radar active active radar?
Speaker 2: That's it. Yeah, So what are the different Well, you know.
Speaker 3: Active radar, which is what we mostly do at the National Center for Atmosphere Search, but we do have passive radars there too. But an active radar is what you normally think of a radar. It's a dish with a very narrow beam. It shoots, it transmits a pulse high energy polls, goes out, it hits an airplane or something, and comes back a little bit later, and you receive that echo. That's what you call active radar. So passive radar is more or less the same thing, except for you're not transmitting. You're using somebody else's transmitter who will either transmit it on purpose for your purpose, or maybe they didn't. Maybe it's an FM radio station, maybe it's a digital TV radio station. And you can still use somebody's transmitting energy out there, and that energy is bouncing off objects that are in the sky, and so you can use a passive receiver. It's a receiver only, and you can actually detect that echo. So yeah, there's they've been using this since the thirties. In the thirties they had to detect the England was using these receivers they had. They had a receiver that was pointing out over the channel where the German airplanes might be coming in where it was the antenns were pointed in such a way they couldn't pick up BBC, but if an airplane got in there, it would reflect the BBC signal. They could pick it up and they knew there was an airplane come in their way. So they were doing this in the thirties, So you know it's not a new idea, but you know it's a lot more sophisticated nowadays because we can use correlation techniques to not only figure out the presence of that signal, but get the time delay. So the time delay you can do by by grabbing a sample of the of the direct signal and comparing it to the echo and you can measure that delay. And the delay is you know, the path length of the signal going out to the object and coming back. So just like in active radar, where you're measuring that time delay and that tells you the distance. Same thing that with passive radar too.
Speaker 1: Now a lot, not a lot, but a number of times I've heard over the years that a UFO doesn't show up on radar. You don't know if it has some type of stealth technology or whatever it is. That would be discouraging if this all gets set in place and then, But a lot of them do are seen on radar. And I'm not sure if you're familiar with the Jack Buschong case, the weather case in Michigan in nineteen ninety four, not by name, okay, Jack Bouchong. He was a weather It was a weather He was a weather person and working with weather radar and looking at something that ascended instantly to five thousand feet and then up to ten thousand feet and was all over Lake Michigan, I believe was Michigan. But I'll send you that information because I just think for your own interest you may really want to take a look at that one in particular. But so we have a couple of questions in here. Let me just pop them up and we'll get through them real quickly. Are you part of MOPAS study, m up AS study.
Speaker 2: Do you know what that is?
Speaker 1: If you don't know what that is, you're not part of it. Okay, all right, so that answers that there's another one here. Are you incorporating the information you get with passive r F radar data with UFO hunting. Yes, that's what this is all about, right.
Speaker 2: Basically it is.
Speaker 3: But I mean we're not quite there yet too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know. Yeah, Well we'll go as we go along here.
Speaker 3: Yes, I mean, yeah, that's what this is for the whole Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The real question is are we integrating on other data? That's because our data that we collect is for UFOs. That's the whole point.
Speaker 1: M And how how exactly would this network? I know you have a plan of like if you had so many units throughout, saye, for instance, throughout the United States in certain areas, can you kind of explain how that would work?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean maybe it would help if I back up a little bit and kind of paying a bigger picture. Sure, maybe can drill down a little bit, but yeah, that makes sense. Historically, it was about two thousand or so I came across Peter Davenport's paper. Peter Davenport is the director of the National UFO Reporting Center, and he published a paper I think it was ninety.
Speaker 2: Five someone just wrote about that right in chat here.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, yeah, So it came out. I didn't see it until about two thousand. It said, hey, I want to use why don't we use passive radar for UFO detection. Well, I had just built a bunch of passive radar receivers for weather and knew everything about it. So I contacted Peter and said, I can help you out here fast forward, like it always turned doubt that all these things are hobby projects, you know, And do I have time to work on it? You know, it's always a question. I would love to work on it, but whereas you know, I have a full time job. So what do you do? So around I don't know. It's like twenty eighteen or so I realized, hey, wait a minute, they've come out with these digital you know, software defined radios. Just a little dongle that costs twenty five bucks that you can plug into your computer, and all of a sudden you have a receiver that you can tune to any channel. And I thought, well this is great because you know, the big you know, a really annoying part of making a passive radars you have to make the receiver. That's kind of what it is the receiver here. You already have the receiver now, it's just the software that that processes it. So I started messing around with passive radar. Then I contacted Peter Davenport again, you know, kept up with them about this new technology, and I'm playing with it, et cetera, et cetera. And then you know, I'll get the dates wrong. But was twenty twenty one where Avi Lobe announced the start of the Galileo project, and I remember reading about it. I remember the plan because I saw the plan was he wanted to get these half half meter telescopes one hundred of them or fifty I think fifty one hundred, I don't know, and put them all around the country. I looked at was there were a million dollars apiece. So I thought, okay, fifty million dollars, got it, and they're gonna look for UFOs. And the first thing I thought is you can't really find a UFO with the telescope that doesn't work. Telescope has this super narrow, you know, rained field of view that you're never gonna you're not going to detect the UFO if there was, if he knew where one was you can point at it, but you're not going to detect. So I thought, I, you know, that group needs me. So I contacted Avi Lobe and by the way, he he's infamous or famous for he's really good at replying to emails.
Speaker 2: I can't believe it.
Speaker 3: So within fifteen minutes he had replied to me like, oh, that's interesting, because I said, you know, you might need a passive radar to tell you where to point your telescopes, you know. So then I took me a little while to kind of convince the Galileo project that I should be a team member. And I got on and I started to develop that you know, prototype, and I felt, even though it's still hobby project, a little bit more motivated, you know, because I'm working with a team of like, this is a really impressive team. Their project is full of really top notch scientists that have really great personalities and everything. It's like a really nice group, and you know, I worked with them and I did develop the first prototype. And by the way, when I got the first prototype to work, it kind of blew my mind because I had worked on passive radar for weather research, but I had never worked on it for you know, point target detection. And when I got my first image, and this is really cool, this passive radar, because you know, I'm using FM radios, as they called the transmitter of opportunity, So I'm taking advantage of FM transmitters that are around. They're really actually transmitting a tremendous amount of power, like one hundred thousand watts equivalent power. They're transmitting in all directions. Wow, So you know I'm used to you know, when you have weather radar, you're transmitting a beam, a pencil beam, kind of just like a flashlight beam, right, it's just in one direction. But here it's transmitting in all directions. And then I'm using an antenna that's also omnidirectional that I'm picking up in all directions. So when I get the receiver signal the echoes, I'm actually seeing everything that's in the sky within like one hundred mile radius. And so my first time I saw detections, I saw like fifty things. I'm like, WHOA. So it's really incredible what you can do. It's all it is is a radar receiver, but then some software on the back end to process it and figure out those the correlations and the distances.
Speaker 2: So how do you weed out like a.
Speaker 1: Bird or how do you weed out things planes, birds and other things that you typically can see in the sky.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean there's all sorts of things you have to do to the data to kind of clean it up like that A big thing you can do. You know, the number one thing we would do if we were installing this is you also have an ADSB receiver. So if no one's heard of the ADSB all airplanes now and more and more, it's may become a standard that's required, but it's pretty much a ninety five percent of all aircraft have a transponder and they're constantly sending out their position and their velocity, you know, as measured by GPS, so really accurate measure of their position velocity, and so you can you can find out which dot corresponds to which airplane like instantly and cancel out ninety five percent of all airplanes I see, and then you're left with you know, birds are kind of easy to cancel because because you can't really see them after a couple of kilometers. After ten kilometers, you're not seeing any birds because they're just too small. And you know, there's so there's a lot of things like that where even just the ADSB receiver would pretty much make you give you a blank display except UFOs. So I'm exaggerating a little bit, but you're You're off to a good start, That's what I'm saying. But let me let me just go on a little bit to kind of paint the big picture and we can dive into some questions. But I just want to say that the gal LEYO project didn't have the exact same direction as I do. They have. Their idea is to make a high quality you know station, multi instrument station, and then if an object goes over that, they can measure everything about it. Like they have emission detectors, they have particle detectors, they have you know, optical telescopes. So they have this radar, they have all these things that would measure it all at once and get all these parameters on it. To me, I have this experience with the storm chasing radar trucks. You are you aware of those? Yes, might have seen them on TV right. They there is a radar weather radar on a truck and the point of them is they want to study tornadoes. We've always been you know, whether research wanted to study tornados, but they never come by our big thirty foot dish systems that are on a concrete pad. Right, how often does a tornado fly by? So you know, in terms of instrument design, we decided, well, we got to take the instrument to the tornado. That's how you're going to get tornado data. So we made a mobile truck that did that. So you know that is burnt into my memory or run to my you know DNA. That that's part of instrument design. You don't want to just have a good quality instrument, but you need to get data. And who cares if you have a good instrument and never sees a UFO And I've never seen one, so what are you know, what are the chances of one person you know, or one fixed sight having a UFO fly over it? I don't know.
Speaker 2: That's always been the problem.
Speaker 1: That's why science hasn't really taken this seriously in a long time, because it's a bleeding situation. You know, it's right, like something repeatable.
Speaker 3: So, oh, I have so much to say about that. In fact, it's I mean, that's such a stumbling block for science. Science has a real problem with the experiments that aren't repeatable, right, I think. I think I once I tweeted a tweeted a thing where it said uf A witness. I saw a UFO and scientists, can you repeat it? Witness?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: Scientists? Okay, bye? You know, like, yeah, what do you do? You know?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: But anyway, uh So my thought was, I need to this needs to be all over the country because wherever a UFO is, I want to have this radar receiving it. And it's just since it's just a receiver. But then with sophisticated software, no one cares if the software is sophisticated because that doesn't cost anything, right, and the receiver is not that costly either, So this could be something that you could duplicate and put all over the place. But then you have a problem. You know, you don't want to staff that with scientists. You know, that's just impractical to have those all over the country and have a Galileo Project scientist on each one. You know, we just there's just not enough people to do that. So it has to be something more plug and play, more like a consumer project product. So that's where this kind of whole thing births from. It's like, wow, passive radar is incredible, but also, you know, let's get it everywhere so that our statistics get up, and then you know, since we have it everywhere, it's got to be citizens science. So you can see the logic progression there. It seems like a pretty reasonable direction to go.
Speaker 2: Before we go much further than that.
Speaker 1: When you say plug and play, is there an aspect of whatever the equipment is out of doors, like so it can be out in the open and catch something or is this something internal in a home?
Speaker 3: I mean it would it would be like a modem kind of a thing that's in your home, but there would be a record that goes out to some kind of antenna on the roof.
Speaker 2: I see.
Speaker 1: Okay, And that was a question here that was what type of antenna and radius submitter are you using for the passive radar?
Speaker 2: That's a question.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well one thing is that remember there's no emitter, so okay, it's only coming in.
Speaker 2: So that's why it's called passive basically, right.
Speaker 3: And by the way, some people have said, like I don't want to be, you know, announcing to the aliens that I'm looking for them. No, you're just receiving, So you're totally delf. Nobody knows you're doing this.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm, yeah, only I see so.
Speaker 1: Uh and and would it be all this information be fed real time into some type of server.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so, so how it works. So, now, let's say you have all these receivers all across the country, all picking up all these echoes from all sorts of things in the sky. That has to get combined in a kind of a pyramid server kind of style. So you know, there'd be a server local to several receivers that would combine them, and then that information will go to the second pyramid and part of the pyramid, and it would all get combined into like a national database that could be displayed just like you can go to you know, flight Aware and you can see all the airplanes flying over America I have. Yeah, you'd see a map that's like here's all the UFOs over America. That's kind of idea. And you know it does work. So one receiver, one receiver. Since it's an omnidirectional antenna and omni ejectritional receiver, you only know a delay, so you can you can't really localize one of the points on a single receiver. It has to be mixed with actually takes four to get an exact position. So that's where the grid comes in to make sure there's enough so that anything in the sky would be measured by four receivers. And if you work out those numbers, it's about about a thirty kilometer grid mesh of receivers across the country, which is about ten thousand receivers. So that's where the numbers come from. But on the other hand, if you had four receivers in one city, that'd be enough to see anything that goes over that city because they can see out one hundred kilometers, which is way bigger than a city.
Speaker 2: How would this could this work?
Speaker 1: And some And I'm getting a lot of questions also even I didn't even do that.
Speaker 2: I don't know how that happened.
Speaker 1: But I'm getting a lot of questions, even from you know, Bill, who you talked to, you know before we went live.
Speaker 2: He's got a couple of questions too.
Speaker 1: So all right, say, first of all, is this something that you you're working to get? This has to be funded more, and I believe you're you're looking for a philanthrothist or someone to help with this, because this is a major amount of money to get this thing rolling.
Speaker 2: Is that where it is at this point?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean just to let you know, so I'm very familiar with these kind of project developments. This is like a six million dollar project. So what I'm talking about is the NRI the non recoverable engineering costs to turn this into a consumer product with a you know, a sales department, a you know, shipping and receiving, and the infrastructure to support the customers and all that stuff. Manufacturing, everything that goes into consumer product we're going to put together and then that the you know, that's about a twenty four month development cycle where we do prototypes, we do some studies with universities, select universities work with us. Until the end of twenty four months, we have a product where you can then go on a website and click and buy this thing and put it, you know, set it up in your house and you plug the Ethernet teable probably you tell it the Wi Fi address right, and you're done.
Speaker 2: So that then it just that's part of it. An idea. Say say that you took.
Speaker 1: Four of these, you can you set up like a small part to begin with, just for testing, just so you can pitch it like if, for instance, if you actually caught something that was anomalous and unexplainable and all that, then I think you could really pitch this thing to get you know, the funding, because if it shows that there could be a path forward, and then you know, can you imagine.
Speaker 2: How that could work out?
Speaker 1: And could there ever be an aspect of being able to get an image or video or anything of what is being detected? You know, I know that you're saying it can be what did you say, eighty kilometers away or whatever? But is there a way that there could be some type of other evidence besides just this passive radar?
Speaker 3: Let's see are you asking? I thought I heard two questions. One is can you make a little mini version of this? And the second I thought I heard was can it be combined with other instruments? Do you get that?
Speaker 2: Yeah? There there is two questions.
Speaker 1: But I'm just trying to think, you know, I'm thinking about this the way the skeptic will look at this. They're always trying to, you know, figure out you know, an answer that's not obviously not like a UFO, And one of them would be Okay, well we got this passive radar we triangulated and we watched this thing, you know, go like ten thousand miles an hour and make a right turn.
Speaker 2: That would be pretty very very convincing, right if you have something like that.
Speaker 1: But but they're also well, there was no video of it, you know, you know what I mean, there was no witnesses there. You know that you get all those naysayers and I'm just wondering if there was.
Speaker 2: So that was two questions.
Speaker 1: But do you ever foresee a time like if this was built up, that there would be other added features, for say the cooperation.
Speaker 3: Sure, I didn't even you know, there's a lot to this that I didn't even touch on because so far we just talked about passive radar. This is actually like I don't know if trifecta is too strong a word, but we foresee, what we're trying to build is three things in one, we want a human database, something like the National UFO Reporting Center or some other database where people call in and report what they've seen with their own eyes. We want also we want the passive rate that's detecting whatever objects in the sky. And the third thing is a UFO app, and the idea behind the UFO app is it's connected to the radar in a way where I mean, we all know that there's all sorts of UFOs. I think there's all sorts of UFOs flying around that people never film. They say they witness something, but they don't pull out their camera. Right here, you could have the radar could see something coming, you know, fifty miles before it's going to get to your house, and it could send you an alert and said, run outside and point your phone up into the sky to the southwest because there's something on its way. So you could be ready with your phone, ready to record objects based on what the radar has predicted is going to come your way.
Speaker 2: And then.
Speaker 3: You know, if you've ever had the stargazing apps, you know that your phone knows exactly where the camera's looking. Yeah, So that information is available to be recorded with the video. So there's no reason that you can't take that IMU data, the inertial measurement unit that's on your phone and attach it to the video so that when researchers have your video, they not only see the dot in the sky, but they see how your phone is moving. And then if multiple people can see that at once with their apps, which they should be able to because now we're going to give them advanced notice to run outside. Then you can triangulate.
Speaker 2: So that's a.
Speaker 3: Completely independent measurement of the same phenomena that the radar would be measuring. And plus, if you had an eyewitness, there would be eyewitness that you might also have other eyewitnesses, or you could even have an adduction or something like that that somebody phoned in that has a radar sighting over the top of it. So, to me, the holy grail of a UFO report is that you have that app as an independent measurement of some weird motion in the sky from some object. Maybe you can even see the shape of it. You have the radar data of it, and you have eyewitness reporting of it. You know, let's give that to some scientific group and see if they can make any sense out of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, that's that's all. That's all great. And so the first part of the question, have you ever considered like a small set of say four or is it just so involved that you have to get into the software and the server and all that I mean is it would be difficult to test with say four of them in a certain hotspot location or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah. In fact, for the Galileo project, we set up five and then and so we recorded data from five things, and then it came you know, all the data came to me and there's Mitch, I'll do everything with it. Well, that's actually kind of a big job. And that's when I you know, that's when I came up with this idea, like I think this should be a national project. I think it should have funding so that I can actually work on it without losing my day job, you know, for no pay. So you know, it came down to kind of practicality, and it actually come for me. It comes down to two things. One is practicality because actually I would love to work on this, and I've found that I have to be so careful to make sure I don't work on this because it will totally consume me and then I'll lose my day job. So I have to It's a it sucks me right in because I love it so much. So that's one thing. But the second thing is, you know I've already shown actually not only have I shown that I can detect those objects, but you can buy a radar. You can buy like there's like ten companies that make passive radars that will show you what's in the sky. The problem is they cost two and a half million dollars, three million dollars, four million dollars, so you're not going to have ten thousand of those around the country. That's not practical, and probably you can't even buy one because it's you know, a millilitary thing that you available to people. But they have them. You can see them on the internet. You can look up just look up passive radar on the internet and you'll see, you know, you'll see video some guide demoing the passive radar. You can see everything in the sky to two hundred and fifty kilometers. So there's no doubt that this technology works. In fact, I based my first prototype off a paper that was written in two thousand and five, you know whatever, almost twenty years before I started working on it, that was contemplating whether it was done by NATO, contemplating whether they should change all the FAA, their their version of FAA in Europe over to passive radars. You know that people are taking it very seriously. It's very mature technology. You know. It's maybe another another way to prove that it's valuable is to know that it's it's regular by ITAR, so the international Trade and Arms regulations. So you can't just build a if you're not careful. You can't just build one of these radars and get away and sell it without violating a law. Because they're so valuable. They can be used for targeting and for war.
Speaker 1: So you know, so what would So so you're you're talking about a major cost, but you have another idea for you know, this is going.
Speaker 2: To be your your.
Speaker 1: Dream here is for this to be more of a grassroots type of situation. And so where can a price level go where someone can afford to have some plug and play type of situation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, once we do what was called I told you that non recoverable engineering is like this six million dollar kind of number where we build this all out, build all the touoeling the molding, get the infrastructure all set up to sell all that stuff, and then once it's for sale, it's like five hundred bucks. So you know, if you for forty five years, we can find ten thousand people across the country that can afford five hundred dollars to answer the question of are we alone? And I think we can because I'm inundated, by the way, with people who want to buy it.
Speaker 2: Yes, I've had a you know, someone already asked me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah through a text. Yeah, so yeah, that's that's really something. So we have a couple of questions. I know, we unfortunately, I have something extremely early in the morning, and we can't go longer than the regular time tonight. I mean, I'd love to talk for but we've got you know, like less than ten minutes left here, So maybe we can answer some of these questions here. Could plasma reflections be a reason for why some of these objects are being detected? I feel that usos underwater would be more likely detected because of the loss of electrons.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, we get reflections off of any metal objects, anything are conductive or plasma which is conductive, so we can see reflections off that stuff. We're not measuring emissions, so if it, you know, that's not what we're measuring. And like you touched on this earlier, some people, you know, maybe these some of these things are stealth mode, you know, and they're trying to the block radiation. Who knows, But that's okay because over the history of UFOs, plenty of UFOs have been seen on radar. That's you know, so that's fine. You know, people have told me. In fact, once I was presenting this to a group and I said, I think we'll see a UFO every week if we have this setup. Because if by the way, if you ever had followed the National UFO Reporting Center, I remember Peter Davenport back in the nineties said, hey, if you don't believe in UFO, sit with me one night, and then you know that you can see him fly over Wyoming and then it goes over to Nebraska. You know, you can just watch the whole thing. And so, you know, I said that to this group. I said, I think we'll you know, we'll see like every week. We'll have a case that we could prove UFOs are real every week. And he said. Some guys said, oh no, probably maybe once a month, and I go, okay, I'll take it once a month, that's fine.
Speaker 2: How about one just one exactly. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So it was great meeting up. I met Peter Davin what I'm sure you did. You saw him there at the contact of the desert. That was really great to meet him.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 1: Here's another question here is my understanding was that there are strict FCC guidelines on using passive our refeerrator.
Speaker 2: How does your program work with those restrictions.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the restrictions are I tire the International Trade and Arms for regulations, and we just make sure that we're not within their jurisdiction by changing our parameters, so they were just out of their bounds. So we're fine, and we're you know, we're receive only so yeah, you know, you would even question why there's even any regulations that could affect it because they're my signals.
Speaker 2: But anyway, Yeah, another one here.
Speaker 1: If such passive radiar array gets reflections from a drone swarm, how much information are they getting about the individual drones in that swarm.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you always have this issue of whether there's always a range gate size issue, so you have a minimum resolution where you can define, you know, what's one thing versus what's two things. And you know, as far as like I'll tell you any little swarm of drones that's near you, you're going to have a hard time, you know, counting all the drones. And where this thing really excels the stuff in the atmosphere that's pretty far up and that's where it's prime. That's where the sweet spot really is. But I mean, I would love to have these set up during all that New Jersey stuff because one thing, Oh yeah, even if you can't count the drones, we could have seen where they were going, where they came, where are they going to?
Speaker 1: Like that's a big question. Where'd they come from? Where they where did they go?
Speaker 3: Yeah? You know if they go straight up into space, we'd see it and it and you know the cool thing about passive radar. It could be raining, it could be snowing, it could be wow, complete fog. It could be a night, the dead and knight. I mean, we always talk about lights in the sky only because we don't see the UFOs that aren't lit up. We only see the ones that are lit up. There could be UFOs flying over all the time that don't have self illumination. This thing will see them. You know.
Speaker 1: There was someone I talked to one time that said they were basically laying on a blanket on their back, just looking up at a meteor shower, and all of a sudden they saw a triangular black stars, a shape of black stars being blacked out in a triangular moving.
Speaker 2: Over the sky. No lights.
Speaker 1: I mean that that was remarkable. That would be really something else. Let's see, if I'm going to catch all these questions, here's a what about tornadoes? This question is about tornadoes probability and prediction. Right, my remembered experience includes being warned by NHI about tornadoes five minutes later. Can you imagine a predictive AI that precise?
Speaker 2: I mean, we really haven't had much time to talk.
Speaker 1: About AI, but would there be AI involved in any of this?
Speaker 3: Well, to answer that question specifically, I mean, if if we had a system that would reliably detect UFOs, because, by the way, this would be so much more reliable than witness eyewitnesses because of what we were talking about, especially in severe weather, Like in severe weather, it's all full of cloud there's clouds, there's hail, there's everything wind blowing, and you're probably inside hiding, you know. But if we had that data, we could make those correlations. And I'm not aware of any you know, I didn't hear that correlation between tornadoes and UFO sighting, so I'm not aware of that at all, but certainly this data would help and could go into somebody's database and they could figure out those statistics and then as far as AI. Of course this is ripe to throw AI on to look for patterns. Still for different things. It's not required because the equations to do triangulation don't require AI, so that's not a prerequisite to this. But certainly like maybe flagging things that look weird, you know that that could be an AI, you know, alarms or whatever. But we're going to record all the data so that you know, if maybe you don't even know anything happened until two weeks later someone says they saw something in the sky, you could go back two weeks ago and then look at the data there and see if there was a reflection that was overlooked.
Speaker 1: Now this antenna, would this be something like on a rooftop or something where they get a broad view of open space?
Speaker 3: Yep, yeah, I mean be very much like a TV antenna, you know, And I know that there's hoa rules nowadays, you know whatever, But all we need is ten thousand sites, right, and ten thousand people who are able to put up a TV antenna and you know, maybe or a TV intent a looking thing and you know, maybe it doesn't fit every single scenario. You know, maybe you have an apartment in the on the tenth floor of a twenty store story building, and you can't really even get your antenna anywhere, you know, So there's definitely a use case that makes sense here. But we're just going to do the best we can, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've had a lot of weird thoughts, you know, in my mind over the years. But one of the things I was thinking one time, I was talking about this person that laid out on the grass and looked up at the sky, which I've done a lot, and whether it's a hot tub or whatever, I love looking up at this the night sky. And I've always wondered, like, if you had a camera in one location looking right up wherever you're at for a hundred years, I imagined you'd see amazing, amazing things, you know, UFOs and you know. I mean I saw a fireball one time. That's just it was such an astonishing thing because as it was round. I've to explained this a couple of times, but.
Speaker 2: It was so weird. The fireball I saw was perfectly round, it was rotating, It had cracks that looked like lava, and the cracks and sparks flying out of it.
Speaker 1: I Mean, the weirdest thing this is in the eighties and yeah, I mean the weird things you see when you're here outside, I mean.
Speaker 2: They have forever.
Speaker 3: So so you know, when you when you talk about putting a camera up, it's a great idea, but there's a couple issues about it. One is, you have a lot of video that you're never going to look through, so you definitely you need some kind of automated system that's going to detect weird things. Yeah, and then it would be a great idea, but you know, it's not as great as is the radar. For one thing, if you just put it, Let's say you put ten cameras pointing in ten different directions on your roof, so you're getting like full sky coverage. Cameras can only see, you know, if something is ten kilometers away, it's a dot or invisible on a camera. That's kind of like the limit of a camera unless it's super bright, you know, but how many we don't know anything about. You know what if it's not super bright, and then you know, here in contrast, you know, the radar can see out one hundred kilometers and it also is measuring velocity at the same time, so there's a very big difference between a radar and a and a camera. Sure, in fact, the likelihood are we running out of time?
Speaker 2: We are unfortunately? Yes, okay, against it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, go ahead to get it one, you know, thirty second sentence or ten seconds. Yeah, I guess the chance of seeing something in the sky is proportional to the volume you're seeing, the volume you're looking at, and the volume is the cube of the radius. So if you can see ten kilometers, let's call that. Let's just normalize that and say that's a one. If you could see a hundred kilometers, that's like whatever. Ten thousand times more volume, ten thousand more chance times have a chance that you're going to see something.
Speaker 1: Makes a great point. Yes, all right, Well, thank you so much. It's been a real pleasure. I really enjoyed talking and I wish you could have been longer. But I hope to have you back on, especially if you get this thing rolling, and i'd like to if you do, I'd like to help out with that any way I can, So thanks so much.
Speaker 3: Thank you for having me on. I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: All right, SkyWatch, can someone find you SkyWatch?
Speaker 3: Yeah, send an Ai dot slash SkyWatch send at ai dot com. Slash SkyWatch very good. Okay, take care yep, thank you, bye bye, thanks bye.
Speaker 1: All right everyone, so we'll be back this Thursday at a pm Eastern with Stacey Wright, and next week as I mentioned, with Don Schmid.
Speaker 2: Thanks so much.
Speaker 1: Remember to keep your eyes to the sky. They