Speaker 1: All right, continue on Fred Rugan, Rodney Pete on a five seventy l a sports. You know what you got. You got the Dodgers and you got the Padres. Now an hour one. If you missed it, go back and listen to the podcast. Please do that. David Vassy was terrific. Yes, but he could make it down. He breaks it down, He answers the question. There it is.
Speaker 2: San Diego.
Speaker 1: Oh he loves the Padres. Oh, let's do this, come on San Diego. Yeah, loves the Padres. He gave everybody to the NL West where the ste Padres about approving the best dodd Your.
Speaker 3: Fans at hard, but we know you're all pressed. That many hopped on the five and drove up when he left.
Speaker 1: We're America's finest city.
Speaker 3: You're full of smogging as when the Chargers moved your group.
Speaker 1: You just tacked our track in Pecco, the nicest place you've ever seen, feeling like you'll get stabbed out. Such of a ravine. I've seen your in year owns try to eat their own play though, but they still choked with from Kershaw.
Speaker 2: I was looking at the forecast year.
Speaker 4: It's all good.
Speaker 3: You could call me a chump at Bellinger going.
Speaker 1: Through a slump, Dodger dogs would have to take a dog when you're leaving.
Speaker 5: Slim diego.
Speaker 1: This the song We'll slam die the government.
Speaker 5: I remember that old garbage of a song. That's what you wanted to hear if you talk about week Freddy. That now that was weak right there.
Speaker 1: That was slam Slam diego. All right, so listen, listen, and we all have more time tomorrow to get into the game. But the topic at hand now is one of our listeners sent me an email and said, are we aware of the fact that they're blocking ticket sales down there? And it's happened in the past. So I took the position that's weak, really weak. On the other hand, Rodney understands why they would want to do that, because you know, they want to protect themselves so the other guys don't come in too many of them, and we're gonna make sure that you can't come down here. We don't wind you down here. Then we're gonna protect ourselves because we don't buy the tickets fast enough, but we're not gonna let you come Wow, wow.
Speaker 4: Wow, Fred you said it just like Pat from Saturday Night Live. Remember that of ambiguous gender. Good job there, Fred, bring back some memories.
Speaker 5: See, there's nothing wrong with the organizations trying to protect their home home field advantage.
Speaker 1: Do whatever it takes, baby, and whatever it takes if.
Speaker 5: It's you know, it's like when we used to play the Giants back of the old Giant Stadium.
Speaker 1: We had the ball going into a certain end zone.
Speaker 5: They would open up those doors so that wind would blow right in our faces.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean.
Speaker 5: It was It's like, wow, there is no the flags are not blowing anywhere up top, but man, there's a gust of wind coming through that tunnel right in our faces as we were driving in the score. I mean, it happens all the time when you try to create an advantage if you're the home team. And I have no problem with them doing that. Okay, well I think actually it's really weak. It shows that you're weak. You know what you should do. They may be weak, but they're trying to excite and help their team.
Speaker 1: Fred, Then don't be puffing out your chest. Don't be thinking you're so good, don't think that you're all that and you're gonna come up here and beat the Dodgers and then when the Dodgers go down there, we'll show you how much our fans care. You want to be you want to hear fans, Well, we're gonna prove it to you because we're not gonna let any of the other ones in.
Speaker 5: And do you think that Dodger fans or any fans in general, are not smart enough to find a way to.
Speaker 1: Get those tickets?
Speaker 5: And if the only way is, oh, we're gonna look at your zip code, if your zip code is is two one three or three one or ercotas three one?
Speaker 1: Oh are you living nine oh two to one?
Speaker 5: Oh, that we're not gonna We're not gonna sell you your tickets. I mean, you know, Doddy fans are savvy and we'll outsmart whatever they're trying to do. But I understand the attempt, and I can appreciate that from the home club, okay, and uh, you know I cannot appreciate it. I cannot appreciate it. Well, let's say what people think. Let's find out James in LA thanks is it? James not even closes It's Louis Louis and La go ahead, Louis yourn.
Speaker 6: James, James, who's James?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 6: You know what I think they're scared of us. They're scared of all these Alas fans that they're gonna go out there to San Diego and we're gonna take over pickle Field. That's what it is. They don't want Ano of the Blue. They know that our fans are rowdier than theirs. That's why they don't want us over there. But that matter, We're still going to win the series. They're week they're scared we're going to win the series three to one.
Speaker 1: Okay, get all right, all of that not disputable.
Speaker 5: I mean, we've got better fans, and we're a better team and all of those things, and all they're trying to do is create some sort of advantage for their home field.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go Jeff and l Lane. Now, Jeff, what do you think about this issue?
Speaker 5: Fred?
Speaker 8: I think you are spot on the Padre fans and their brass or a bunch of whiners.
Speaker 1: They have no.
Speaker 8: Problem taking the money from visiting fans in the regular season. Now they're just trying to cower and and create this advantage. I get it, But what's next? Banning Dodger blue color in the seats? Give me a break?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but he said he gets it, he gets it, he said, I get no, he said, he gets my point. He said, got your point.
Speaker 5: But he said, whether they're trying to do band Dodger fans, he said, I get it, but but but what else are they trying to do? So he gets understands and understands why they're doing it.
Speaker 1: All right, Uh, let's do Thomas and buying apart. Thomas, what do you think of this?
Speaker 8: I think I get Rodney in only the sense that Rodney just wants to take the opposite side of you and get get you.
Speaker 6: Follered up.
Speaker 8: I can't every once in a while, everyone once in a while, and he wants to.
Speaker 7: Make sure you feel good.
Speaker 1: All right, Thomas, I love it. I love it right all right? Thomas. Well, you know I gotta be honest with you, and I hear what you're saying. I got your blood boiling well, because come on, come on, you know what you want to play with the big boys and act like a big boy. Whoever buys tickets gets to come to the game. We want our people to buy him. It'd be great if we did. But if they don't, you're going to prevent the others from I mean, good Lord, and then there's this Just think about this for one second, okay, And I don't know. I was just sitting near kind of hypothesizing. If you prevent ticket sales in the playoffs, are you taking money out of the player's pockets? I mean, that's how they get paid in the playoffs, right, So they could actually be breaking the law as far as preventing revenue that could go to the players. Do you think those tickets that's how people get their playoffs chairs? Yeah, But the park is still gonna be filled, and it's gonna be sold out. It's just a matter of what fans are gonna sell it out. It's not gonna it's not.
Speaker 5: Gonna be just because they're blocking Dodger fans from coming and they can't block them forever, but they get block if they're blocking that. They didn't mean that the stadium is gonna be half full. They're still gonna sell out the stadium. They're not gonna keep it going till game time. Like, Okay, none of the San Diego fing and ended up buying tickets to this game, So we're not even gonna sell them at all.
Speaker 1: That's not gonna be the case.
Speaker 5: It's the stadium will still be filled and and it will be rocking and all of those things. But if you're a player on that team and you come out for your you know, your your your player announcements and and and the national anthem, and all you hear is Dodger blue and see Dodger blue. And you're a Padres player, You're pissed off. You're like, wow, this is terrible, Right, you need to get out of there something. Why didn't we do something as an organization?
Speaker 1: You need to get out of there.
Speaker 5: You allow the Why do we allow all these Dodger fans in here? They should have did something. That's what you're thinking as a player.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what what you should be thinking is I'm getting I'm getting away from this god forsaken franchise because obviously there are no fans. That's what you should be thinking. What am I doing here? We're in the playoffs and from l a Bible.
Speaker 5: They didn't have to do that for the Braves, they didn't do that for anybody else. But it's Dodger fans because and you know what makes it, even when they have the best fans in the business, So that makes what they have to do to try to create another advantage that they have other than just playing at home.
Speaker 1: They need something more. Fred makes it even worse. Shows there, yella shows. They're scared. That's what it show. That's right, all right, let's go to Fullerton. Antonio will be the voice of reason. Antonio, thank you for holding. Go ahead, and Tonio Antonio will not be the voice of reason. But yes, all right, we have a mystery caller. No, that is all right.
Speaker 5: Let's put all her size are on the mystery mystery caller. It's the mystery caller. We don't know who it is, all right, it's not him.
Speaker 1: Well, whoever it is, put them on, all right, go to the mystery caller. OK, so where is the mystery? Is this a mystery? I brought him in? Fred, Yes, it's oral. Oh thank you. They told me it's a mystery.
Speaker 2: My name's not a mystery, I don't think. But I can't believe what Rodney is saying on your program here. I know you guys have to choose sides sometimes and argue, But Rodney, this is ridiculous the way you're arguing.
Speaker 1: What are we talking about? What what are you talking about?
Speaker 2: Did they tell you in a production meeting? Take the opposite side, even though you know what you're arguing about is terrible. Oral, or people buy tickets. Let all the tickets be sold to whoever. Oh my gosh, and the players share, Rodney, you were a player. You were a player, and trainers get the money from the ticket sales.
Speaker 1: The stadium. Ain't it go out?
Speaker 2: Dodger Face was not sold out? Or you said it's gonna be a sello. It wasn't sold out in the first round.
Speaker 1: Oral for the Dodger series, it will be sold out, trust me, it'dred.
Speaker 2: Are you in the same place? Is he doing this remote or on zoom? Are you two guys together?
Speaker 1: Bread, Oral, Bulldog rehearsh eizer.
Speaker 5: If you come out and that first inning and there the visiting and there are Dodger blues all over.
Speaker 6: That stan when.
Speaker 1: Stadium you were like, what the hell doing?
Speaker 5: Why didn't we think something block Dodger fans from coming down?
Speaker 2: Hey, you know what telling the world Rodney telling them the work on their silent town. Come on, tell them to turn up their pitch com. You bring the volume up on their pitch com go back to finger signs. Oh my god, I gotta go. You got you guys, are amazing, but I'm stuck in La Traffick and you guys make me laugh, especially when let's go to James and it's Louis.
Speaker 1: All right, thanks for all goodbye.
Speaker 5: You see Rodney, you see got a distorted view.
Speaker 1: He's got a distorted all right. You know who does not have a distorted view?
Speaker 5: Speaking for the Dodger fans who want to go down there and be a part of that, Absolutely they do.
Speaker 1: And I do too, Fred, But I get it.
Speaker 5: I get it, and I understand it from the Padres standpoint.
Speaker 1: All right, listen generally and La Kinta will be the voice of reason genally. Whatever Genale says okay will be the answer genally. Are you there?
Speaker 3: I here?
Speaker 1: Hello? Generally, Now, what do you think of this?
Speaker 3: I think okay, And I've never done this before, but it just gets me so upset.
Speaker 6: She's upset, Rodney, Yeah, Rodney, be quiet.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 3: I think it's like being a Houston astro. It's like what happened with them. It's the same thing. It's cheating, it's not being fair. Like like Fred said, You're like, man, no, we don't want anybody else in here. It's the same thing. It's chicken.
Speaker 1: You know what, Yes, yes, generally, thank you, thank you for calling. We really appreciate it. You know what it is, Rodney, I've just thought of it. But it's not even American. It's communist. Oh stop it, stop now, stop it. I'm telling you, it's not even being an American. That's what I'm saying. In America, we have choices. We live in a capitalistic society. If we restrict certain people, that's what we live. And we live in a nepotism society as well.
Speaker 5: So I'm gonna give to my friends and family first before I give to other people that I think are strangers. So that as the Padres are doing, as nepotism grows in this country and has been a part of this country forever, don't tell me about patriotism, because nepotism is right there with it, and the Padres are acting that way by saying our fans get first DIBs and will only be able to buy these tickets and let them fin for themselves. If they have to go to the black market, the orange market, whatever market you want to call it and get their tickets, so be it.
Speaker 1: But we're not gonna make it easy for them. All right, listen, We're gonna bring on Felix from San Diego right now, and Felix must speak for the entire city.
Speaker 9: Felix, are you there, Yes, sir, Yes, sir, gentlemen, When there is a will, there is a way. I was born and raised in Montabello. Marine Corps brought me down here. I've been down here for twenty years or so, and I can tell you I won't mention my companies on my employer, but what I will, I'll tell you about thirty five percent of our workforce. We're Los Angelinos. I'm not a season ticket holder with the Madres, but I do go to every single Dodger game down here, so do the rest of my fellow Dodger fans. I can tell you we already we did see that a couple of years ago, with the whole blocking, And like I said, I registered, my grandma, my mom, my sisters, myself, my cousins, my three year old niece. We all have addresses down here. So guess what we can buy?
Speaker 6: Four tickets?
Speaker 9: Teach, well, I can buy them, so do the people are at work, And guess what we're doing this coming next week. We'll be down there all right in the blue.
Speaker 1: No, boy, Felix, thank you. Felix gets it. You know something, He gets it. He absolutely gets it. But if you're if you're the Padres, that's what you want to do. That's what you want Dodger fans to do. They have to go through lanths and have to be creative in order to get the tickets to get into the stadium to where your Dodge are blue against our Padres. That's what their way they're feeling. You know what they're doing. They're building a wall. So they're building a wall. That's what they're doing. That's right, that's right. Why don't you just put it on the freeway so when you hit La Joya you can't keep right there. Build a wall. Who's gonna pay for that wall?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: I forgot that's another question. That's another deal. Yeah, why don't you just put it up on a freeway, hit La Joya and not let anybody through, not let anybody pass. That's right. It's like a border. They have a border. Now, that's what they've done. I hope you people in San Diego are proud of yourselves. You know what they're they're trying to disenfranchise from the state of California. Now, yeah, that's not what they're trying to do.
Speaker 5: When when teams, especially looking to college, when teams other visiting teams come to town, what do they give the opposing teams? Where do they give their tickets up in the nosebleed section, right, the worst tickets possible. They don't give them anything that where they can be right in the mix, give them the worst thing. So they try to make a home field advantage for the home team. Happens around the country in every sport. Why not, why not trying to make an advantage for your home team.
Speaker 1: Are you really proud of yourself?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 1: Are you really proud of yourself? Yes? I am. I stand by my convictions. All right, Well let's find out what someone with some perspective, all right, bred rug and Rodney Pete on a five seventy LA sports or that kind of fighted us up a little bit. I can't deny that kind of fighted us up a little bit. But now let's have some spirituality, because this man will set the record straight. He will provide the answer to the burning question. Let's welcome him. Now, welcome him on now. Victor Brick with the Daily Hai coup at two and dicod afternoon.
Speaker 7: If you can't let Dodger fans buy tickets, you have fear. You have fear of the Dodgers. You have fear of the Dodger fan. So automatically that puts San Diego into an inferior position. Yes, no confidence, right, loving Oral harshires to the bulldog, all.
Speaker 1: Right, digging you Oral? You know what for him to call? For him to call? I think that pretty much says it all. You know what I mean, Vick?
Speaker 7: Absolutely, absolutely, the Dodger fan creates their own house in San Diego. That's the beauty of the Dodger fan because they travel like no other. They are incredibly loyal and they want to see their Dodgers.
Speaker 1: Yes, I agree, Vick.
Speaker 7: It's the only dem you have to open up your tickets tickets to everybody. You can't protect you just can't. You can't protect your your home turf that way. That's weak, It is weak. Fred. I'm with you, and Fred, I know you have concerns with the Dodger starters. And you say, y, I'm a moto can't lose his mojo. It's Fred Rogan, hello, Vic, And he says, Mookie is the key to beating the padres Rob Pete and he's hooked into Hawaii as his clippers are gazing on the state fish. Humuhum nukunuku double a adam muslin.
Speaker 1: Helloha, y'all.
Speaker 7: That reef triggerfish. You guys have ever seen one.
Speaker 1: Sugarfish? The reef triggerfish, triggerfish?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 1: I I do remember being stung by the jellyfish. That was a story all into itself.
Speaker 7: That's another ballgame, fread.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was not pleasant. You know how you take care of a jellyfish thing? Right? You know what you do? Vic?
Speaker 7: Is it? Is it that you're a nation tale?
Speaker 1: Yeah? You have somebody on you.
Speaker 7: Ben Still in that move? What was that movie, Ben Stillo? It was in something about Mary?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know it.
Speaker 7: Ben Still got stung by a jellyfish in Mexico.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Vic, I chose not to have that done. I didn't want a guy on the beach when it's one hundred and twelve selling blankets p on me.
Speaker 7: I understand that. Meanwhile, his musica is a virtual Wonderland Roddie Fossio.
Speaker 4: She was yelled at by Sally Field in Hawaii Hits King Flavor. Yeah, remember that, Vic.
Speaker 7: That's a whole on the story.
Speaker 1: Vic. Why why did you want you wanted you to leave her beach? Vic? Vic, why did you upset the flying nun?
Speaker 7: Listen, No, I'm a I'm a fan. But myself and that one of the greatest engineers on the planet, doctor Jerry Burnham and myself. We're doing a remote with the with the Rick d Show back in the day, and every day doctor Burnham and myself would would have his spot on the beach. And we were there five straight days and suddenly in the sixth day there's Sally Field and Sally says, that's my spot. And I said, Sally, we've been here for the last six days. She says, yeah, but that is my spot. So I looked at Jerry. Jerry looked at me and said, okay, Sally, it's yours. We did not argue because we love Sally Field. But she obviously she thought that was a spot on the beach.
Speaker 1: We get that was in a very flattering story about Sally Field.
Speaker 7: Well, we could pitul it very quickly. Meanwhile, all right, we'll continue with that.
Speaker 10: Meanwhile, oh yeah, feel it, come on back, let's go ride to beat Fred Rogan Vic The brick Jacobs. Come on, Freddy, let's go wind this thing down.
Speaker 1: Come on, Vic.
Speaker 7: Dodgers fans, I'm a feeling you, and let's face it, Dodgers Padres have been on a collision course since South Korea, and no doubt the Padres are surging six two out hits last night, Audios. This shell of a Braves team. Yes, they got many Machado, they got Tatist Junior, they got that crazy rookie Jackson Merrill, hat Shioka belt, the two Homers Graves in that series. Hatshioka Haka Aris has the table cronin Worth. It's a very tough lineup. Yes, starting pitching is strong. Listen, you have to size up the opponent before you slay them. Size them up, give them respect before you beat them.
Speaker 1: All right, get somebody give me my pen. I'm gonna write that down inkfore sie them up. Musgrove might be questionable, Vick.
Speaker 7: It's got bad elbow. David Vesse pointed that out what fourth ning essay against Atlanta. But they still got it. A very very strong rotation they got.
Speaker 1: You know that.
Speaker 7: Dylan Ceac will start game one, Dorvish Game two, Darvey Shamamoto will be a classic. They're all going to be classics. Michael King pitched well against the Braves.
Speaker 1: He's good and.
Speaker 7: They have an excellent bullpen. And there's no doubt Dodgers Padres. Let's play some hardball, y'all. And I love the Dodgers. In five say it, Vic, Dodgers and five? Why is this Dodger Padre playoff series different than the last two years? In the postseason?
Speaker 1: What does this pass over? Vic?
Speaker 7: No, it's Russia shown and Happy New Year to all of our Jewish listeners.
Speaker 1: Yes, but when you go into the four questions, why is this series different than all other series?
Speaker 7: Don't look too hard. It's Otani Sa, the X, Y and Z factor, the Mount Fuji of Masfote will erupt in the friars faces Mookie, Freddie Taosco, Will Smith, Munsey got to got to step up and help Otani Son. But Otani's going to have a beautiful series, and I believe the Dodgers are going to have a fantastic series. All these pressurized games, and Fred, you you have nailed this point, and you're right. The high urgency of the last few weeks is going to help the Dodgers' mindset. These last couple of years, the Dodgers came in soft soft mentally, and now they're hardened. They've been playing playoff baseball for the last month. My sleepers don't think postseason. Then he k Hernandez, Oh yeah, thrives in the postseason. Andy Piter has I love them down the stretch. He produced down the streetch.
Speaker 5: Wildly got hot down the stretch, quietly got hot big.
Speaker 7: He's stroking it.
Speaker 1: The young Cobano, Yes, he did.
Speaker 7: And Chris Taylor very under the radar. It's time for Chris Taylor to continue his stretch. He's been hitting.
Speaker 1: Yes, we're gonna need it.
Speaker 7: We're gonna need a lot.
Speaker 1: He's gonna find it. He's gonna find it.
Speaker 7: Dodgers in five Saturday nights, Chevez Ravine Game one, NLDS.
Speaker 5: Going to distance. You gotta go into distance. I'm big sow. Dodgers win the first two, or they split the first two and then split down there and then come back for Game five.
Speaker 1: What are we doing? Vic?
Speaker 7: Home field homefieldie home field, homefield. Dodgers take the two here, yeah, Padres respond, Dodger just take the game five.
Speaker 1: Boy, you know what that leads is too, Vic to the source for yes, the source, bring it, Vic, bring it, bring.
Speaker 7: It this high coup for you. It's already Thursday.
Speaker 1: Can you believe it.
Speaker 7: It's been a long week. We've been settling in waiting, waiting for the padres. There's high coup on this Thursday, October the fourth. Go something like this, sir again, I quote the zen archer our Kenzo, all about all about the zen bow and the.
Speaker 1: Zen our Kenzo. Yes, ck yes, the high plane of heaven is your belly, blue.
Speaker 7: Heaven, and the azol will tap into their spiritual center.
Speaker 1: Of feeling you.
Speaker 5: All right, okay, tap it, tap in.
Speaker 1: We'll be tapping out all right, Ronnie, thank you, nice job, Adam, terrific work as always. And uh Rodney gets your head on straight, and we'll do it again to my lind love it