Speaker 1: Hudson River Radio dot com.
Speaker 2: This is Travis Walton and you are listening to UFO Headquarters, Beautiful Headquarters.
Speaker 3: Welcome everybody to another wonderful edition of UFO Headquarters. Michael Warden and Linda Zimmerman bringing you nothing of the finest information and stories in ufology that you will ever hear. And Linda's laughing at my intry. I always try to you can't see us, which is probably good, but.
Speaker 1: Always trying to live up to your intros.
Speaker 4: Mike.
Speaker 3: As we were beginning the show tonight, beforehand we were just all of us talking, Linda, Bryan and myself and at the moment it's you know, the early December of twenty twenty four and where we are in the Tri state area, close to New Jersey, there have been a rash of drone sighting. I think twelve counties in County now, and I know we've all heard different different accounts of it. There's videos online people are describing these car sized objects that don't sound like aircraft. You know, they're not loud enough to be like an airplane, different colored lights. I think one report or two had a beam of light coming out of it, so I don't know what's going on in New Jersey and why, well.
Speaker 1: No one ever knows what's going on in New Jersey. But that's another podcasts.
Speaker 3: That it's true. But it's interesting because it's all of a sudden, It's like it just took off and I hadn't heard anything about it until I popped on YouTube a couple of days ago and it was like, what what drones? And then I started going down the rabbit hole and this picked up by a legitimate news organization.
Speaker 1: So yeah, how they cannot know what they are is beyond me. And you said there was one with a black Hawk helicopter nearby.
Speaker 4: One of the what was one of the reports?
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, if they're not our military, knock one of them out of the sky and let's see what it is. You know, it's uh, I certainly wouldn't want something the size of an f you an SUV hovering over my house and having a malfunction. Something something's going on here.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I know a lot of people posting videos and they're they're big, they're flashing lights and they're all over the place, so excuse.
Speaker 3: And they're not the drones that people tend to think about. You know that you're flying in your yard to.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, the little one pound things you get for Christmas, and uh, these.
Speaker 4: Look like thousand, you know pound multi ton.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So maybe in ale of episodes we'll have more information about that, or hopefully or we'll get it. We'll get a knock on the door from the men in black.
Speaker 4: Telling us.
Speaker 1: You saw nothing.
Speaker 4: I agree with them, I saw nothing.
Speaker 1: Well, I have something to I just want to give a shout out to Tony into Ireland. He sent a very nice, uh message, and uh, I just want to thank him. I really do appreciate we both do. People sending, you know, sending us emails telling us there they discovered our show and now they're binging all of them. I don't even know, Brian, do we have any idea how many we've done over the years. Yeah, dozens and dozens and dozens.
Speaker 3: So, uh, we're more than happy to take the show on the road to Ireland to someone's.
Speaker 1: Okay, right, I mean, yeah, that.
Speaker 3: Most beautiful places I've ever been to in the world. Yeah, has that that ancient place called New Grange?
Speaker 1: I believe, Oh, here we go, all right, Mike's been to New Grange twice. I haven't been at all.
Speaker 4: You have me beat though its.
Speaker 1: Stonehenge, I do been there twice? All right, before this devolves into a fistfight, we are we are covering Christmas UFOs tonight. I figured it was apropos for the holiday season. And you know, I always get these ideas and I'm thinking, there's there going to be enough for an entire show, and it always ends up being, well, how many can I cut out? You know, what should I include? Because there's just so many. So let's dive in. As some of you, hopefully many of you know, one of my my specialties interests is the nineteen oh nine wave of sightings in the Hudson Valley and the Northeast, the mysterious airships they called them, And in the New York Press newspaper December twenty seventh, nineteen oh nine, they had cartoons making fun of all the recent airship sightings, like they had Santa in a in a rickety little airplane with a lantern in the front, and that was supposed to explain the sightings of these craft. And aircraft didn't have lights yet in nineteen oh nine. They could barely get themselves off the ground, let alone big lights. And the batteries needed to run them. So I just want to read something from the New Haven, Connecticut Palladium. It was on the Christmas day just passed that New haveners witnessed for the first time in their home city an exhibition of the aeroplane, the invention of which was the real conquest of the air. The mysterious heavier than air machine circled the city during Christmas Day and at such a height that its real form, its pilot, and its mechanics were not discernible. But was it was properly enough within our vision to leave no doubt as to what the stranger was, or so they thought. It circled the air in a manner that is im impossible for a balloon or a dirigible, and it was too large for any of the now known feathered inhabitants of the globe. Don't you love that? Could you not say birds feathered inhabitants of the globe? They must have gotten paid by the word many as many of us, have seen the aeroplane on exhibition in trial flights at low altitudes, But those who saw the mysterious Stranger of Christmas were treated to the real thing. In air conquests it was a great spectacle in the skies. It comes to earth and leaves it in parts unknown to the public, and there we go again. It takes off from we don't know where it lands, we don't know where. It's very high, and I no, Orville right had set an altitude record the end of nineteen oh eight at three hundred and sixty feet and he keeps talking how high this object was and the maneuvers it was making, and we just didn't have aircraft that could do that at that point.
Speaker 3: No, And what was I remember we did an episode where we talked about what the longest flight like around that time had been up the Hudson River where they had to have I think boats in the water because I know how far that it would even make it, let alone the altitude. So but it's interesting that they didn't jump to the conclusion this was otherworldly. They just simply jumped to a conclusion that, well, someone's obviously developed the aeroplane in a much more advanced way than we're used to it.
Speaker 1: This is right the real conquest of the air. I'm glad you picked that out because that's important because a lot of the critics of the mysterious airship set. It's mass hysteria, it's massive. No one was hysterical. They they felt honored that, Wow, we're seeing some in great inventor with their great airplane. So I think we set a precedent here going back to nineteen oh nine with Christmas sightings. Why they chose, you know, this wasn't a faint light in the sky Christmas night, Christmas Day. It's flying around and around New Haven making bizarre, you know, and inexplicable maneuvers.
Speaker 3: So I think I don't mean to interrupt you, but I think people today it's so hard for us to comprehend the skies without moving lights, without satellites and airplanes and everything else that we've put up there. We can't imagine the time where that didn't exist. Yeah, but you know, just over one hundred years ago, that was the norm. A little over one hundred years ago, you wouldn't look up and see airplanes and the blinking of you know, possibly the glimmer of a satellite.
Speaker 4: That stuff didn't exist.
Speaker 1: So yeah, that's a great point.
Speaker 3: They were used to looking up at at a relatively still or you know, quiet sky. I guess is what I'm trying to think of here.
Speaker 1: So, yes, we're only feathered inhabitants of the globe where we're seen.
Speaker 4: Definitely, they were, you know, poetic writers.
Speaker 1: Yes, definitely. So I think we've established things were in the air on Christmas Day before we had things that could be in the air on Christmas Day. So I came across an article. Actually it was a I think it was a show by the CBC, the Canadian Broadcast Corporation and Chris Ratkowski, who's a very good Canadian researcher. He had over the span of thirty he went through cases spanning thirty years and found seventy five cases just on Christmas Day, which he thought was rather an annoys amount. So I don't know what it is about Christmas Day. But there was one case in twenty seventeen, just northwest of Montreal. A driver saw a light, he said, like a photo flash, and the next thing he knows, there is a triangle directly over his car. And this is very interesting, he said. He saw three turbines. He said, I could see one of them very well and make out the turbines metal or steel spokes. Well, that's interesting, some sort of propulsion it would make me think it was military if you're seeing the spokes of a turbine. But then he added, he looked in the rear view mirror as it passed over him, and it was gone, Okay, how does that happen? Yeah, so maybe he saw something some features he interpreted as turbines. Maybe they really were. I don't know, But how does something disappear? So I thought that was a good Christmas case. Then two thousand and eight in Chilliwack, British Columbia. It's an interesting name. Someone was looking at something on Christmas Eve. It was kind of starl like moving from south to north, and you think, all right, it's just a satellite, no big deal. I'm sure skies are very clear in Chilliwack, dark skies until it stops starts moving to the south again, making loop the loop maneuvers. Not a satellite, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Not a properly functioning one.
Speaker 1: No, yeah, you really don't want I want your satellites doing loop the loops. That's Houston. We have a problem there, all right. So I'm just going to go through a bunch of these. These are you know, so many of these have different things to discuss. So I went to Newfork, which if anybody's not familiar with, they have amazing database and it is free. You can search by date, by shape of craft, by location. So I just started going through year after year, you know, December twenty fifth sightings, and there was an interesting one just last Christmas in twenty twenty three in Marblehead, Massachusetts, or if you are a local residence Marblehead, Marblehead, which is about sixteen miles away from Boston, and these people are on the beach. I guess they go to the beach. It's around dusk, and they had a running joke that damn it, I never did see a UFO from this beach. I guess they wanted to see something and it was just you know, the running joke until five seconds later they said they saw a gray chevron like cloud formation over Boston Harbor. And one of them is, will wait, what's that and is it a cloud? It doesn't really look like I said it's a cloud, but it's changing shape and it seemed more to be an object with a haze around it. We see this all the time. People report these objects seem to travel in clouds, make their own clouds and get into them. Or come out of clouds, so or at least a haze or a mist around the object. And it started zigzagging. Again, that's not a cloud. It was vibrating, changing shape, stretched into a long cigar, flickered back to a chevron shape, collapsed to a dot, expanded out again, and they're like, okay, not a cloud. And they said it looked like it was trying to disappear, which it finally did when it collapsed to a dot again and disappeared. So that's another fascinating characteristic we hear sometimes these objects like shrink to a point and are gone, like they're going into dimensional or going into some I don't know, some field they've created to take off. I don't know how does that happen?
Speaker 4: I magic.
Speaker 3: It just again, it adds layers to the mystery that we we keep finding more and more of these types of stories. Like you said, they just disappear into nothing. How yeah, and where they go?
Speaker 4: They got to go somewhere.
Speaker 1: Apparently now they're going to New Jersey. But all right, so now speaking of New Jersey, also Christmas Day, well actually Christmas even New Jersey. So I'm kind of stretching it a little. I thought Christmas Eve counted. So a woman in Long Branch, New Jersey, Cedar Avenue and intersection of Cedar Avenue and Greens Avenue. I know a lot of people like me like to go to the Google Maps and see exactly where this was. She's walking her dog about eight thirty pm. She sees two rectangular craft, which are very rare. They're about thirty to fifty feet wide, about fifteen to thirty feet across, and only about five hundred feet away. And I don't know how she estimated this, but she said they were going four hundred miles per hour. So I'm thinking something shoots you over you at four hundred miles per hour, you probably not getting much of a look at it, except it went back and forth over her four times, so right, that'll give you a pretty good look. So she said one of them had three red lights, the other had two green lights. And this is where I really sat up and took notice. She said they were not metallic. They looked seramic. And I will get back to that in a minute, so just keep that in mind. They looked seramic. Said the one with the red lights was in a straight was moving in a straight line. Stopped on a dime for a few seconds, then shot off at an angle in the oppoice the direction and the before the green one left, they said it had green pulsating lights and was stationary for a while, or she said for a while. So very unusual too, ceramic looking rectangular craft going back and forth over her at high speed. It sounds to me like they wanted to be seen.
Speaker 3: And I mentioned the ceramic. Isn't that something that we use tile wise on spacecraft tech them on re entry into the Yeah, when you mentioned ceramic, and I'm thinking, is it, you know, is it to protect the ship? Is this a you know, intentionally built knowing that we need to protect as we go through an atmosphere, for example, we're going to experience heat.
Speaker 4: Maybe they maybe their technology.
Speaker 3: Is less advanced than somebody else's, but I think, you know, the men I hurt ceramic like you know material. I think that's very similar where we are using ceramic tile type materials to protect our spacecraft on re entry.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yep, yeah, And what the little red light that went over my head with this one? As I remembered in uh In my book, I wrote about a case from Wildwood, New Jersey. Also on the Jersey Shore from two thousand and eight, where a man saw three huge circular craft. He was sitting on the top of a hotel roof looking at the ocean across the street, only five hundred feet away, and he described them as not metallic. He said, like porcelain, like unglazed porcelain, which is a fancier way of saying ceramic. So here now we have two cases on the Jersey Shore of ceramic looking craft and one other thing I want to mention about him that I'll get to in another case. As he was looking at these objects, his eyes hurt horribly. He said, they were just killing him looking at this object. So store that away because that will come up very shortly. But I think right now, maybe we will take our first break if we can do that and be right back.
Speaker 5: Hudson River Radio dot com Hudson River Radio dot com a favorite among shut ins and dogs.
Speaker 3: So seramic type material on UFOs definitely an unusual detail that we do not normally see.
Speaker 4: Metality.
Speaker 1: I'd like to hear from people if they have ceramic looking UFO cases.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that's a very specific description. Yes, is intriguing. That's somebody who's who's clearly made in this. I'd like, like you said, I'd like to hear more about people that have seen something similar to that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, and you may have a point. It's it's a material for spacecraft, all right. So why don't we go to Maze, Kansas? Do you think they grow corn in that area? By any chance? Am I just wild speculation there?
Speaker 4: I think you might be right about that.
Speaker 1: This is in twenty twenty, and it's between one hundred and thirty fifth Street past High Highway ninety six. So if you're in that area or you want to look it up, you know exactly where it was. So here's the witness saying. Opened the living room curtains to see if the winter weather had started. We were expected to have ice and wet, drizzly stuff. I noticed what I thought was a plane west of my house. As it started to come closer, I realized it was a ball of fire, almost in the shape of I kid you, not a sting ray, which again we hear a lot, especially in the eighties, stingray shaped craft. As it got to the actual city of Maize, it slowed down and descended to about thirty to fifty feet above tree level. That's really low, and when I'm looking up it is just a fiery substance, no actual lights that I could tell, and no other material I could tell. It had no sound. I go to get my camera and as soon as I snap a photo, it's gone past my house. I run inside to tell my husband, who was asleep, and at that point I'm shaky and almost in tears. I calm down for a couple of seconds, decide to go look out my back window, which is facing east, and there it is, and coming towards it is an actual airplane. So I run and get my husband and tell him to come see. But within the thirty to forty five seconds it took us to get there, it was gone and the plane was gone. My eyes hurt after seeing this thing, and they hurt for the rest of the evening and into the next night. I'm still trying under understand the materials of its being and why slow down above my mind house until I try to get a picture. A lot to unpack there.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, the I hurting part is interesting to mention the whole description of this, you know, fiery object, but really no discernible material like.
Speaker 1: What was it and in the shape of a sting ray.
Speaker 3: Right, and certainly's an implication that it was aware of her, like I let her, let her get her camera ready, and then boom, well you.
Speaker 1: Know, yep, yep. So I thought that was a very and I liked I liked the way she described it, and particularly, you know, she's seeing an object and she's at this point, I'm shaky and almost in tears. These are not Oh, I saw some lights in the sky. I wonder what this really affected her. You know, she got very emotional, probably a little scared. It's shakes you up because you're seeing something that should not be there, that makes no sense in in our you know, supposedly practical world. So all right, so let's go to Stowmarket in Suffolk, United Kingdom. This is a This is uh to the Suffolk is to the northeast of London, not not too far. This is a short one, but it brought up something very interesting. While at work, I had gone outside and saw a triangular object move from left of the horizon to the right, flying towards Bury, Saint Edmunds. Let me stop right there, yes Bury. I love the Brits and their their town names very subtle. Bury Saint Edmunds. That's because Saint Edmunds is very there. And for those who do not know who Saint Edmunds was, he was a Christian martyr. He was king of East Anglia and in eight sixty nine the Vikings attacked and he would not renounce Christianity. So they tied him to a tree, shot him full of arrows and beheaded him, because that's what Vikings did.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they had some anger issues.
Speaker 1: So he Edmund became Saint Edmund and they buried him there in the abbey. So all right, so I had to get that, you know, I have to get the historical things out. So he sees this, this triangular craft flying towards Bury Saint Edmunds. Each corner had a solid white light. I wish I had a dollar for every time I've heard about a triangle with a white light in each corner. And there were multi colored flashing lights in between these corners, pulsating in sequence with each side. That must have been impressive. No noise. The lights were just below the cloud bed, so slightly illuminated the clouds. I got my colleague and she also witnessed it, but at a distance, so very I mean, if you had said this witness was in Poughkeepsie and saw it moving towards peak scale, it's it's just exactly what we would have seen, you know, here in the Hudson Valley, right yeah. So I said, you know, Barry said Edmunds rings a bell as some strangeness going on in that not that a lot of strange things don't happen in England. But I looked it up and on November twenty ninth, two thousand and eight, so we're pre Christmas, but this is all in the area. Someone contacted the police that an object was hovering above the cathedral in Bury Saint Edmunds around ten pm. It was gray and was spinning in the sky round and round. Four or five other people were standing there with him seeing this. It traveled around the cathedral and then disappeared. And this sighting lasted ten to twelve minutes, so very yeah. He then saw a bright orange ball fly through the sky from Churchgate Street towards the churchyard. Orange orbs. Hear about them all the time. Somebody suggested that he may have mistaken lights at the near by Christmas fair. Ah, I don't know about that doesn't sound very likely.
Speaker 4: Oh, if you live there, you would know kind of what the Christmas fair looks like right now.
Speaker 1: I don't know that they have lights circling the you know, flying around the cathedral and taking off probably uh yeah. Police added that they did have a report of a large object in the sky for approximately ten to twelve minutes that looked like a UFO. So they apparently got a lot of call. So something was going on and very interesting. At the same time this UFO looking object was in the sky, they had the town had not one but two power outages, okay, electromagnetic interference. And somebody on the cathedral staff saw the craft and she said, you know, and she mentions the power cuts as well, and staff meeting they were talking about, gee, we saw this object the power cuts. Could it Could it be related? I would say yes. So then this was following several months earlier, in September there were UFOs a spinning, an object spinning and tilting right above houses, an object that appeared to change color. Then we fast forward to December eleventh and it there was an article UFO fever is taking hold and bury Saint Edmunds as tales of mysterious flashing lights over Suffolx's mother church abound. Another woman by the name of Carol Marsh, who lived said in the shadow of Saint Edmundsbury Cathedral, said that she and a group of friends were entranced they saw on that November twenty ninth lat lights traveling through the sky around the church and it just goes on. So this was this wave of sightings for months and months and months, culminating at Christmas. This one woman said the lights were low in the sky, very bright and seemed to be revolving. It was totally noiseless and for forty five seconds it lit up the sky. It was just an incredible It was just incredible, an amazing thing going on the sky outside my house. The amber lights were almost like they were being fired up into the sky. So one last thing I want to mention to this. And I know I get a lot of questions about lay lines, which you're supposed to be lines event and apparently, well there are a lot of UFO sightings along the life and there happens to be apparently a prominent lay line from Bury Saint Edmunds down to Avebury, which I know you've been to in Wiltshire. So this lay line goes from Abury up to Bury Saint Edmunds and passes through sites like Silbury Hill and West Kennett Long Barrow, all amazing megalithic sites. It's very interesting, so many prominent sites along this line. Maybe because people in ancient times felt some sort of special the energy along those areas, but I don't think it's a coincidence that these sites are all along the lay line and these sites also have UFO activity. So another another field trip.
Speaker 4: Mike, listen.
Speaker 3: I'm up to go anywhere anytime. I just need the funds.
Speaker 1: That's all. That's all. So why don't we take our second break here and we'll come back with a few more Christmas UFO stories.
Speaker 6: This is Hudson River Radio dot com, your local Rockland County station, Hudson River Radio dot com.
Speaker 4: And we are back. And you know you mentioned Avebury.
Speaker 3: And the most fascinating thing I think about Avebury is the sheer size that essentially there's a town built into it. At this point. The town just sort of grew around this huge structure. I mean, just absolutely amazing. It's almost impossible to take in when you're standing.
Speaker 1: There, and the stones are enormous.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely, So you know, maybe there was a reason people built these you know, prominent locations, these ancient sites along certain lines, these lay lines. Yeah, they maybe they could pick up an electromagnetic field or energy that that we can't today.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I remember reading it was actually, uh in some scientific journal talking about how before we started living indoors all the time and surrounding ourselves with cell phones and routers and television, you know, electrical emf all around people, indigenous peoples around the world were much more sensitive to the Earth and its magnetic fields and everything else.
Speaker 3: And there's animals that still to this day are like the Arctic fox, right so that they actually will spin their body when they pounce to face a certain direction. I think it's northerly because they have some inner ability to pick up on that magnetic field.
Speaker 1: Yeah, magneto reception.
Speaker 4: And it's possible.
Speaker 3: It's it's not a you know, a physiological impossibility that people could have had that.
Speaker 1: Oh I'm sure we did, and I'm sure some people still have it, but you know, use it or lose it, I mean, you know, all right, So we have one more London UK. One in London nineteen ninety six, about seven pm Christmas night, a husband and wife saw three round white lights, like small moons, in a fixed triangle configuration. But they they said, it didn't appear to be craft. They're just seeing these three lights locked in position with one another. They turned together around a central point between the three of them, not on their axis. Hear this all the time with lights with triangles that people would describe it as like a record spinning on a turntable. They made about a half a turn clockwise and then back again over the span of six or seven seconds. This must have been They must have just been in awe watching this. The three of them then moved quite quickly in a second or two to the center to form a circle of white lights. So what is going on? I mean again, they're not being shy. They want to be seen. After a few moments they did disappeared. These were not moving across the sky. The sky was crystal clear, and the person who reported this, I do not know if there is any rational explanation for this. What is no Alex, I really it's you know, I'm trying. I've read this over several times and I'm trying to picture so they are these lights. They're basically spinning back and forth and just doing things that conventional aircraft would have no reason to do, particularly in nineteen ninety six. I don't think we're blaming big drones for that.
Speaker 3: And I think it's interesting. Like you mentioned it, it's like it wanted attention. M This wasn't something trying to be discreet. This is something that wanted people to look.
Speaker 1: Up and right it right and put on quite a show for the about approximately two minutes. That's a long time, you know, that would be something to see for five or ten seconds, but two minutes of that. So that's a Christmas they'll never forget. No, So what have you got for us now?
Speaker 3: So I've got some two a couple of interesting ones here. I'm going to go with the shorter one first. Out of Ridgefield, Connecticut and Christmas Day, nineteen eighty five.
Speaker 4: I remember it like it was yesterday actually.
Speaker 3: So we have witnesses a male who's eighteen years old, we have a female who's fourteen, sitting on a window bench with their my seat back to the window, and felt a strange sensation like a light was shining in on me. I turned around and witnessed the UFO. The person I was speaking to saw my face and knew something was strange. I said, look outside, what is that? She was in shock also. We both became pretty excited. We just could not explain the object. We both got up and ran down the stairs and opened the front doors and out into the yard. That's what it became kind of scary. This thing didn't go away, and it was really there. It was massive, hovering about one hundred to two hundred feet above our front yard. It was a circular object on its side, just sitting in the sky. There was a pulsating glow around the edge of the object. I don't know if it was lights or just energy, but it was amazing to me because for such a huge object, there was almost no sound. The only sound was a humming pattern, but not anything I have heard before, Like it was in your body. The time becomes hard to explain when you're agentaline kicks in. But when we both looked at each other and knew it wasn't going away, we yelled for our family to come and witness it. Also, when the family got to the front door, this massive object created a cloud and slowly rolled behind it.
Speaker 4: Never to be seen again.
Speaker 1: Wow. Yeah, that is fat. I mean there's so much going on here. The thing that really stands that hum that you're not sure if you're hearing it or just feeling it in your body some sort of vibration.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that, you know, you can almost you can almost imagine what that feels like without having felt it.
Speaker 4: And to see something sitting just in the.
Speaker 1: Sky and on its a circular craft sideway you know, up and down right, not sitting there like a disc.
Speaker 4: Right, like a wheel, yeah, wheel.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's just and I just thought it was in that, you know, they don't seem to be afraid, and that they were willing to get their family there. You know, we see people reactions are very very different. Either they're fascinated and moved and life altering or they're terrified traumatic.
Speaker 4: In life altering.
Speaker 1: Yeah right right.
Speaker 3: In this case here, it's like these they notice it and have the wherewithal the say hey come look at this, and again it's almost as if it's aware. It just kind of roll behind this cloud. I can picture that in my head.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it created created a cloud, just what we were saying before up in Marblehead, Massachusetts. Yeah, creates a cloud and nothing to see here anymore.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, so what is it doing? Is it leaving to another dimension? You know, who knows? We could speculate, I guess all day on things like that, but I just description is great. They didn't over detail it. They really just think they hit the heart of what they saw and you really can can see it.
Speaker 4: Through their eyes.
Speaker 3: And that that ending with creating a cloud and just sort of rolling behind it. I mean to me, that would be the scariest part, Like, where's it If they can do that?
Speaker 4: What else?
Speaker 1: That's right? That's right? Yeah, that is a that is a terrific one. And of course, uh Ridgefield. I did a talk for the Danberry Library a couple months ago. I called it the Danbury Triangle, kind of a play on words. Not only all the triangles seen there, but there was if you did a thing from Danberry to Brewster, New York to Ridgefield, Connecticut, it was like that triangular area roughly triangular area had a mass of sightings. And this I wish I had known about this case when I gave gave that talk, because that is a terrific one. So that was a real concentration in the eighties of sightings, and this is definitely one of one of the better ones. So you've got one more for us.
Speaker 4: I do.
Speaker 3: We're going to go to some place a little bit warmer. Cabo San Lucas, Mexico, December twenty fifth, Christmas, Dick, it's actually Christmas night at this point, nine thirty at night, nineteen seventy eight. For the record, I probably believed in Santa Claus in nineteen.
Speaker 1: Seventy Wait a minute, what do you mean He's not real?
Speaker 4: Or I was just learning the sad truth? But he is real. Kids, We're kidding.
Speaker 3: But and this is a very detailed account, so I hope everybody bear with us here well. Camping approximately six miles east of Cabo San Lucas, Mexico, on December twenty fifth, nineteen seventy eight, I witnessed a phenomenon at nine thirty pm Pacific Standard time. Looking north, I saw a very large glow, perhaps two thousand feet above the mountains. These mountains were less than two miles away, and my very first instinctive thought was that a seven forty seven had exploded. In a few seconds, I realized I was doing something very extraordinary and tried to absorb details while yelling to other campers to wake up and see what I was watching. A friend's sister and mother emerged and immediately pushed the children back into the VW bus they were camping in. One of them exclaimed it was a flying saucer, a thought I hadn't permitted myself to have. The large orange glow must have been between one hundred to three hundred feet in length within the elliptical glow, or two smaller ellipses, perhaps one third of the way in from each side, which were brighter glows within the large orange glow and close to the color of a white fluorescent light. One of the two women with me said there were two saucers, but I felt and still feel, there was only one huge structure because the two brighter glows within the large glow stayed perfectly parallel to each other. As the large glow descended to my left at about a thirty five degree angle, I viewed this descent for about forty five seconds to a minute and a half. The glow disappeared behind a huge rock called Cabo falso about three quarters of a mile away. As the glow came closer to the top, of Cabo flosso Falso, the brightness began to fade, almost as if it were burning out. There were no sparks, but the extremely bright glow grew much dimmer as it got close to the sea. Next day I went to Cabo to find out if anyone else saw this light. I talked with five or six others who had seen it from an outdoor beach bar, and they said the glow went into the ocean, like myself, they were teachers enjoying a Christmas vacation. The next year, I spoke with a lady named Elsa who was married to Harvey, a couple week camped with for about ten years. She told me that Harvey would not permit her to talk about it, but she had seen a large saucer hovering over brush not too far from where she camped. The saucer then flew above the mountains where I first saw it. The next morning, Elsa told me she examined the nearby brush and it had been burned a brown color by the saucer. Elsa and Harvey have both passed away. They were in their seventies. In nineteen seven of the eighth I recall trying to listen if I could hear this glow, but the only identifiable sound was hundreds of coyotes howling from a mile or more away and beneath the glow. There was nothing surreal about the experience. It seemed natural. I thought at the time that all you had to do to see things like this is to spend a lot of time outdoors at night. I have seen strange lights on occasions since, but there have always been twenty or thirty miles away and not identifiable. The experience was the most memorable one of my life.
Speaker 4: Fantastic account.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is. I don't know where to start on this one course, you know, coyotes howling like crazy animal reactions. They were obviously, you know, upset by this, and the fact that it went into the ocean again, things coming in and out of water. Yes, yeah, just just tremendous. The way he explains this, this glow and you know, the one person thinking it's two separate craft, he's just thinking they're brighter features on the one craft. I mean, really paid attention to this.
Speaker 3: And you know what stands out to me from the entire account, which he uh, you know, he mentioned he's a teacher on vacation. It's quite quite clear with an attention for detail and ability, you know, to take quick notes and make a good record of something. But to me, which stands out of all of it is that he says, there is nothing surreal about the experience.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was it was natural.
Speaker 4: That's yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't know how I would react seeing that. I don't think I would think it was natural.
Speaker 1: I don't know what I would feel, right, right.
Speaker 3: It's almost as if it's a matter of fact to him or just so it makes you wonder, you know, someone like this, this this writer of this statement, what else has happened to him that he doesn't go about in his life.
Speaker 4: I just wonder. He's mentioned about seeing strange lights on occasion.
Speaker 1: But you know, at a distance and could be anything, right.
Speaker 3: But I wonder, does this is this somebody who there's a lot more that has gone on? You know how we find out that people have these sightings and all of a sudden it's been going on their whole life, right, And you know, yeah.
Speaker 4: To me, for someone to see this and just think it's seems natural.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And when he says, uh, you know, I thought all you have to do to see these things is spent a lot of time outdoors at night, that's all. That's well, there's a lot of people who spend a lot of time outdoors and never see anything and are looking for it. But yeah, so probably something more went on with him at some point to have that reaction, but just a great description and again Christmas night, multiple eyewitnesses. So as we are approaching rapidly Christmas, I hope you all have your presence purchased and food purchased and plans made. Take some time to go out. If it's not a blizzard on Chris, you know, or a really white Chris, go outside, because there seems to be a high number of sightings on Christmas day and night.
Speaker 4: So see, my parents weren't weren't lying to me when they said go outside and look for Rudolph's red nose.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 4: That light wasn't Rudolph.
Speaker 1: Now could be attached to a triangular craft that is about to abduct you. But yeah, it's it's certainly worth spending a little time outside and seeing seeing what you can see, and if you're you're in New Jersey, maybe the drones will still still be there. So yeah, I just I just love these themed episodes we do because, as I said, you start out thinking, oh, how many Christmas sightings can there be? Right, yeah, there can be hundreds and hundreds, and so I think from Mexico to the UK, I think we got a good sampling of all shapes and sizes and reactions. And yeah, why I love this. You never know what you're going to come across, and there's always new information.
Speaker 3: And just you know, as a little bit of a side here, this is our December episode of twenty twenty four. So another year in the books for documenting UFO activity in the Hudson Valley and beyond. And of course none of that could be possible without everybody out there listening to us. Whether you're new, you just stumbled onto us by accident, or you've been listening from the very beginning. It's it's our wonderful audience out there that really motivates us to keep digging for the truth and trying to find out what's going on out there. We really do appreciate everybody that takes the time to listen, because without without you listening, we wouldn't be having a podcast.
Speaker 1: No, sure, no, And we love hearing from you, you know, whether you're in just recently I've heard from Ireland, Germany, you know, across the US. Let us know where you're listening from, if there's something in particular you want to hear. But yes, thank you all, and happy holidays and happy New Year to everybody.
Speaker 3: Yes, happy New Year, thank you for listening, and keep your eyes on the sky this Christmas Eve Christmas Day.
Speaker 5: Ludsonriverradio dot com