Speaker 1: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you've been to a DMV. There are two lines. One line for people have made an appointment, and then there's one line that goes around the block that's just labeled morons and.
Speaker 1: Now Handle on the news. Ladies and gentlemen, here's Bill Handle.
Speaker 3: And you know he starts every time he comes back. He starts with Ann and KFI AM six forty live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app Bill Handle showed Neil Savandri here in the morning crew, everybody's ready to serve you this morning, the hot fresh off the press news, giving it to you live like you like it.
Speaker 4: The hot news, the hot hot Live.
Speaker 3: That's what we're doing now, hot and live. Let's get some handle stuff out of the way. Uh oh, b feel sorry for me because my secondary business is having tariff problems.
Speaker 5: It's tarifable out there. And what else?
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm having printer problems this morning. I'm in the I'm in my home studio.
Speaker 4: I just took a bite of food.
Speaker 3: This is that's from Costco, just like my shirt bagel. Actually, Handle is getting foot surgery. They're finally going to remove it from his mouth. So we're excited.
Speaker 5: Good.
Speaker 3: Okay, you know what, working with an actual comic is not going to work if you're going to start judging.
Speaker 5: You know what.
Speaker 3: You just made sure that I'm going to be front and center on your show on Saturday at the Ice House. Yes we will get into that coming up a little bit later too, but yes, our very own Heather Brooker is going to be doing stand up as she is wont to do on Saturday at the Historical and Wonderful stage, which stage you on.
Speaker 4: The main stage on the big show shop it Yeah, the big shut your mouth, the big room, the big room.
Speaker 5: But it is wow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a good room. It's a great room, and it's a lot of energy. We need to sell more tickets, so thank you for your thank you for your support.
Speaker 3: Buy a ticket for goodness sake. It's She's delightful.
Speaker 4: It's a thank you so much. It's it's gonna be a fun show. It's kind of a Mother's Day special show. So there's gonna be some mom jokes, little parenting comedy.
Speaker 3: One thing I should say as a warning, I suppose very blue. She works very blue.
Speaker 4: It's true as they say, and I do drop us ware every now and then. I try not to, but it's so hard. We got a lot of pinto frustration in the news.
Speaker 3: Richard Pryor saw her once and blushed. He was like, I got to get out of here.
Speaker 4: Eddie Murphy was like, calm down.
Speaker 3: She's filthy. I think what was the term he used, filthy? Filthy? Filthy? Yeah, but that's very cool. And I love that I have mad respect. I have friends in their comics and I used to, uh travel all the time, showed a show to show hanging out in.
Speaker 5: Green rooms and uh, that's so nice. Written a joker too.
Speaker 4: What a good friend you are?
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh my god, are you kidding? It's it's awesome. So I have mad respect. Oh, thank you so much. We'll hit that again and then tomorrow let's talk about it.
Speaker 5: And I appreciate you. Yeah, no, of course. Uh, shall we get to some of that?
Speaker 1: Wait?
Speaker 5: I hi, Conoh, hello Neil.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you look like you look like a hoodlum.
Speaker 5: Hello, Heather?
Speaker 1: Hello?
Speaker 2: You Will?
Speaker 5: You know Will in here? And he looks great. I'm like, you don't take crap from handle. He looks great, said, I looked like a rotted bumblebee yesterday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well listen, his dad smacked him around. That's all I'm gonna say. And the lovely talented Ann good morning for everything. No, I'm going to say that right off the bat. You bust your hump and handle can't. He does not have a love language, no outside of Fortada's right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, thank you. I appreciate that. The best is it's vulgar does Okay.
Speaker 3: The first thing I did this morning when my eyes opened, I looked at the clock and I said, don't bitch AND's been up for two hours? Yes, And then I thought so was Cono. But I'm like, he probably didn't go to bed. What are you playing out like?
Speaker 5: Uh? I ord my other job last night. They got off at eleven?
Speaker 3: Are you sure? I was thinking, great theft auto now yet not six.
Speaker 5: I will retire from all of my jobs when grand thefoughto six comes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you strike me as that person, all right? Handle on the news late story. Black smoke, no Pope, black smoke, no Pope. Black smoke rose from the chimney over the Sistines Chapel. You know you think that this is a big deal. They'd probably go to the seventeen or eighteenth chap.
Speaker 4: Is sixteen sead of the sixteen stem.
Speaker 3: Sistine. No, no, you know what, We're not doing that. Okay, it's not the morning Zoo. I'm trying to bring down. I'm trying to gauge my level the handles comedy. Okay, we're not doing the rim shot.
Speaker 4: If we start doing like that. Oh god, yeah you Clackson.
Speaker 6: Oka Goldla. Yeah, now look at you. I've heard radio shows. I know what's going on.
Speaker 3: So Thursday afternoon, Uh, their time signaling the second ballot of the first full day of conclave. Uh so we're looking what in a couple in about an hour or so?
Speaker 5: Are they going to do it again?
Speaker 4: Well, they're on a lunch break right now. I just talked to Brian Clark. They're on a lunch break, and well it was about an hour ago that they were a lunch break, so they're probably coming back from lunch break and uh, they vote again, and then they do the smoke, and then they'll vote again and do another smoke, and if there isn't a winner of America's Next Top Model after that, then they will go back into their conclaving.
Speaker 5: I want to know what they're eating.
Speaker 4: I'm guessing it's very very Mediterranean.
Speaker 5: Maybe I'm saying.
Speaker 4: A lot of chickpeas, chickpias. Sad.
Speaker 3: That Mediterranean diet all excellent for you every year, the best diet on the planet.
Speaker 4: It is the diet that all the doctors say we should.
Speaker 5: Be the only one.
Speaker 4: And I live in the Glendale and we have a lot of Mediterranean, a lot of form.
Speaker 5: All of that.
Speaker 4: It just gets a little bit of the heartburn. I get a little bit of the harp. Yeah, it gets a little you know, if they char the meat too much or the chicken too much.
Speaker 5: I feel like I'm learning more about you than I wanted too this morning. But thanks.
Speaker 3: Okay, So what we'll be waiting with baited breath on that coming out on Pope Watch.
Speaker 4: On Pope Watch, Okay. In Columbia, Columbia University, there was a couple dozen pro Palestinian demonstrators that were taken into police custody after they took over part of the main library. They were attempting to sort of rekindle the protest movement from last spring, and they were wearing masks. They had burst through apparently, the police said they burst through the security gate. Just after three o'clock in the afternoon, they hung up banners in Butler's Library there at Columbia, and it was an hour's long standoff. The administrators had to call NYPD back to campus for the first time since the occupation of Hamilton Hall in April of twenty twenty four.
Speaker 3: I've said this before. I don't think there's real protests anymore. I just don't protesting and having a position means to articulate the position in a way that others can understand. You are using a persuasive argument to get others to believe and to understand your point of view. When you get to the point where you are masking yourself and taking over buildings, you have lost to me because you don't have an argument anymore. And I think that if you you care about something so deeply, you come out of the dark for it, you stand by it, You take your damn mask off, and you stand and say, this is why we're here, this is what we want you to know, this is why we think it's important. The minute you go to these types of stunts to me, you lose me. You tell me that you aren't smart enough to intellectually break down an argument and explain it to me in a way that persuades me to your view. And so I'm lost, and I love that they kept them in there. They brought them out two by two at handcuffs.
Speaker 2: You.
Speaker 5: Yes, you have the right to protest.
Speaker 3: You don't have the right to shut down libraries, don't have the right to shut down streets, free ways. Yeah, all that stuff just shows me you are inarticulate, You don't believe. And if you put a mask on because you don't want repercussions, that shows that you're co not worthy of your own face to put your signature on it.
Speaker 4: Let me ask you this, using that same logic, do you think the same thing can be true of the ICE agents who are going in and have their faces covered.
Speaker 3: No, it's a different situation when you're an undercover officer. By definition, that cloak of inanimity is your protection. That's completely different.
Speaker 4: You don't know that all of the ICE raid ICE officers are undercover, though, are they all? They could possibly all be undercover.
Speaker 3: Each they are doing a job that by definition has just like wartime or just like military, has prerequisites to protect them because they are a different target and of them. They're not protesting, they're doing their job, And to me, that's protective gear, just like any ppe that you would be using in service to something. When you're protesting, claiming you'll or First Amendment rights and you're saying this is worthy of me being fired or any of those things. But in a world that says, even if you're right and you're doing law enforcement, I'm gonna come after you, dots you, or do anything like that, No, you'd never be able to get anybody to be able to do the law enforcement work that needs to be done.
Speaker 4: Yeah, No, that's true.
Speaker 5: That's true, all right.
Speaker 3: Three former Memphis police officers acquitted in death of Tyree Nichols, which is a hard pill to swallow too. That video, I mean all video like that on the job, and you know, I give some leeway. Law enforcement is a tough gig, but holy hell. So three former Tennessee police officers on trial the January twenty twenty three fatal beating of Tyree Nichols.
Speaker 5: If you saw the video, it is it is just hard to sit through.
Speaker 3: At any amount any and I believe there was multiple. So they got acquitated of all state charges. Keep in mind that these formous. Former officers still face jail time after being convicted of federal charges last year. The situation here was, I guess not as easy because even though race was involved, Tyree Nichols an African American man, that the officers, all three officers were African American as well. I think it's easier to get uproar and frustration and anger when it's unfortunate. You know that you don't look at the just the facts at hand, of which color is. But in this situation, I think that ended up clouding as well, and not necessarily for the better.
Speaker 4: All right. So, in a kind of a last minute move here, the White House announced that President Trump is pulling his original nominee to be Surgeon General, doctor Jeannette Nihiwat. I got a careful I don't think I'm saying that right, Nichewat. She is being replaced with doctor Casey means, and this was all happening like right before the Senate confirmation was said to begin. And the only thing I really said is that doctor Casey has great credentials and they're looking forward to her working with Robert F. Kennedy Junior. So we don't know why.
Speaker 5: They did that, all right.
Speaker 3: Russia's President Vladimir Putin is set to host the leaders of China, Brazil and other heads of state for festivities tomorrow, marking the eightieth anniversary of the defeat.
Speaker 5: Of Nazi Germany in World War Two.
Speaker 3: They refer to this as Victory Day, which is celebrated in Russia on May ninth.
Speaker 5: Oh, you know what the French call May ninth.
Speaker 3: Right, It's become the country's most important secular holiday.
Speaker 5: They get everybody together.
Speaker 3: The lineup of leaders coming to Moscow this year is kind of a sharp contrast to past years.
Speaker 5: You used to have.
Speaker 3: Western leaders and things like that, when we had friendlier ties between Russia and the West. Putin described Chinese President ji Ajijinping as our main guest at the Victory Day festivities.
Speaker 4: And didn't Trump just say too that he wants today to be like Victory Day.
Speaker 3: Well he was. He was saying something that he wanted to do a parade or something along.
Speaker 4: He wants to do a Victory Day parade for him that's timed with his birthday and celebrating winning of World War One and World War Two. So he wants to have his own Victory Day here as well. Because like they do in Russia, because we didn't get invited. I guess well, I'm gonna throw my own party. Jerk, he wasn't on that lives.
Speaker 5: Chuck e cheese and we'll have fun.
Speaker 4: We'll have our own us patty, all right. Speaking of Trump, he is he's going to be taking a closer look at tariff exemption specifically for baby products and childcare products, car seats, cribs, strollers. Apparently the lobbyists where the Juvenile Products Manufacturers Association are pretty powerful, because Trump has said that he doesn't want a lot of exemptions to his tariffs because he thinks it creates confusion about the policy. He wants to keep it simple, just tariffs for everything. But for this particular one, he has said that he will take a closer look at it and keep it under consideration to reduce tariffs or make the exempt for cribs, strollers, car seats, and other childcare and baby products.
Speaker 5: Makes sense.
Speaker 3: Four months after the Eating fire ignited, a tower suspected of starting the devastating fire was removed by California Edison. So they get these helicopters, right, they go and they attach this stuff to them. They lifted a part of the transmission tower out of Eaton Canyon. About an hour or so later, they come back and they get a second apart as part of the tower. They move them to this warehouse and then they're going to dismantle them. If you've ever seen the FAA come together when there's a plane crash and basically they rebuild the entire plane, they you know, kind of do a puzzle. I'm assuming it's going to be something like that where they put it all together and look for some sort of point of ignition or something like that. So the parts will be moved to this warehouse, they'll undergo all these lab tests, and we'll see from there. I don't know that i'd want the people that could be popped doing the investigation, but I'm sure there's other hands on deck there, so you got to I.
Speaker 4: Hope that there's some accountability there and there's you know, somebody, an outside agency or someone overseeing that investigation. We hope it looks like we're stealing San Francisco's law enforcement. One of their veterans there, not veterans, but he is a retired well yes, he is a retired San Francisco Chief of police Bill Scott. He is going to be La Metro's first in house police department chief. So big news there for Metro. They're saying they're doing this because they really want to create a safer metro system and this is how they're going to start doing that.
Speaker 5: Fingers crossed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like handles toes, I guess, but they're because I'm hopeful. I don't know Bill Scott from Adam, but I'm never hopeful when we pull anything out of San Francisco.
Speaker 4: Well, I know, I mean, isn't there a bart system notoriously also dangerous?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just I think that we've had low I mean, first you got to pose down all the urine and feces off the person and then start from there. But I just San Francisco d isn't the bastion of strength and authority.
Speaker 4: It would be so nice to have a safer, more consistent metro system and public transportation system.
Speaker 5: Why do we have to even say that? Why is that on our Christmas suition now?
Speaker 4: But it would just be nice. It would just be nice.
Speaker 3: It'd be nice to not get raped, murdered or pete on. Yeah, when we're trying to get to work.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I saw TikTok the other day where we had some visitors from the UK that we're here, and they were talking about how this was. They only had thirty six hours in Los Angeles and they were taking the public transportation around to kind of see some of the highlights. And they got on a bus and she said, the first thing that happened is a homeless woman through an open can of tomato soup on everyone on the bus. And they were like, welcome to America.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, what are you going to go see the wax Museum. That's the real la right, Welcome. The US based World Central Kitchen at Great Charity, by the way, has halted work there in the Gaza strip lots going on. They've run out of supplies, been prevented from Israel from bringing in the aid. They've said after serving more than one hundred and thirty million total meals and twenty six million loaves, I was doing the math on the meals with I like bread with my meal. That past eighteen months they've been doing all this great work they but they have nowhere, They don't have those supplies and they have nowhere to cook the meals, bake the bread or do that in Gaza anymore because it's just gotten too dangerous.
Speaker 5: That's unfortunate.
Speaker 4: Well, the Uber CEO is saying, get back in the office and if you don't like it, go somewhere else. The CEO made the comments during an interview with CNBC. He's saying, well, he wants people employees back in the office three days a week, he wants remote workers to return to the office, and extending the number of years people have to work before being offered a paid sabbatical. He says, I think the economy is really strong, and people work at Uber will have lots of opportunities everywhere. So if you don't like his new rules, then feel free to apply somewhere else.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's like bye.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if you don't like it, by I feel like a lot of companies are doing that now.
Speaker 5: They're making people go to work.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're making people work.
Speaker 5: We're paying you.
Speaker 3: Listen, there's some's somebody who's had his own business before and has worked for himself. You need discipline, and it's not always easy. But there's some jobs where you got to go like seriously, they need to come in.
Speaker 4: There are some jobs that yeah, I think truly can be done and done well at home. Some people really thrive in the home environment. I think it should be somewhat optional. But I understand the frustrations from corporations too, who are like, if they're showing that they're not getting enough done and not meeting expectations for their bottom line or whatever, then sure you can, you know, force people to come back in.
Speaker 3: But force them, I mean, yeah, for just crack all these bad, bad people. Force them.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 3: It's funny is that Anne is forced to come in handle does it on the toilet from his house, so.
Speaker 5: It's like.
Speaker 4: And he forces us to watch him.
Speaker 5: Yeah, which is weird.
Speaker 3: I don't think that's why they created zoom and it doesn't need to be zoomed.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I also just don't think that everybody working. It's kind of a misnomer. I don't think everybody working from home is not working. I think that's unfair to do because I have watched my husband sit in our dining room table for ten hours straight working his butt off.
Speaker 3: Wait wait, wait, why are you watching him because you're working from home and have nothing to do?
Speaker 4: No, because I'm just part time, Neil, you just you just told on yourself all part time. So sometimes I actually get some time off and I stare at my husband.
Speaker 5: Is another job.
Speaker 3: If you're staring at your husband and your free time, get another job. Sure, big changes coming to Netflix. See they're doing this new rollout of some people calling it a facelift, BUTOK, basically they've just.
Speaker 5: Redesigned their homepage.
Speaker 3: They haven't done that since twenty thirteen, so it's due for a little botox.
Speaker 5: If you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Have you looked at it?
Speaker 3: Let's see, I have not seen it. Not everybody is going to get all of this just yet. They're kind of testing it. They have this AI boosted search. Of course, everything's Ai TikTok like vertical video feed on mobile.
Speaker 5: Apparently I don't don't, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Looks very man. I mean, I honestly, I never go to Netflix dot com. I just opened the app. It's just bigger font which I appreciate, and it looks like it's a little more like cleaner, a little cleaner, a little more simplified. Okay, thanks for things that we didn't really need. Netflix, Now hire me. Apparently I need a second job. Jet Blue, Southwest and Delta are the Power JD Power's top airlines.
Speaker 5: I'd agree with that.
Speaker 3: I've been on Delta in a while, but I really enjoyed Jet Blue, and I like Southwest.
Speaker 4: I'm surprised at Southwest because didn't they have some controversy a few months ago when they said, by the way, no more free bags. Yeah, people are pretty upset about that.
Speaker 3: I get that, but it doesn't mean they're a bad airline that. It just means that they have to catch up with some other things and type. You know, times are tough. Yeah, okay. Lastly, you'll have to pay a new fee for Mexico cruises starting this summer, but not as bad as we thought. According to the Florida Caribbean Cruise Association. They are you know, they take guests to Mexico all the time. That when you visit Mexico now you will be paying five dollars beginning on July one, rather than what we were told previously, which was big Bucks forty two dollars. That will go up to ten dollars between August first and June twenty twenty seven, and then fifteen bucks between July first, twenty twenty seven and July twenty twenty eight, and then finally twenty one Bucks on August first, twenty twenty eight. So inching up there, but not as bad as it was expected, all right, So that there goes Handle on the news. This is the Bill Handle Show. Neil Sevadra here at the mic, and this is KFI KOSTHD two Los Angeles to Orange County.
Speaker 4: You've been listening to The Bill Handle Show.
Speaker 2: Catch my show Monday through Friday, six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.