Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to Quiz Quiz Bang Bang, the pub quiz practice show that hits you. Yeah right in the quizzer. I'm Annie Flora, I'm David Flora, and we're here to teach you more about trivia than There are new AI videos of animals cropping up trying to make you think that they're real animals, but they're not.
Speaker 2: They're AI and they make you so.
Speaker 1: I hate it.
Speaker 3: It's awful. There's always a tell, yeah, there's something that you can see that it's just not right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's just but eventually you won't be able to tell the difference, except for it won't have a soul, so pretty.
Speaker 3: Much they are already. Why do people do that?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know what the point of it is because there's so many real pet videos. It has to just be a money making thing, right, like if you're dump it into that much money, I don't know how it works or why.
Speaker 3: The saddest part is the comments of them though.
Speaker 1: Oh, because everyone thinks they're real.
Speaker 3: Everyone thinks they're real, and then I'm like, okay, now I'm not sure if these people are real.
Speaker 1: Oh that's true.
Speaker 3: They could just be boughts and it's all just kind of like the snake. Well, something that's not fake that we can celebrate, or some new coffee.
Speaker 2: Got one from gwhen.
Speaker 1: And oh urm are and thanks to everyone who's listening, because somebody was telling me that like now three thousand AI podcasts are being released to day, like there's already so many podcast done by people. We don't need a podcasts, right, So anyway, we're not here to judge you. If you love AI, we're not, like, obviously that's maybe a direction we're heading, but we're not AI. And we appreciate you supporting us and listening to a non AI show and any other non AI shows you listen to because humans support humans. What a weird thing to have to say.
Speaker 3: We all knew it was coming, but thank you guys for sending those coffees. If anyone else would like to keep us meat bags going, well he requires caffeine, so ko dash fi dot com, slash Quizbang pod and keep the skin jobs well, skin jobs are cylons that look like people, aren't they, So that doesn't work working there, We'll stick with meat sacks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a cold meat sacks I want to do some trivia.
Speaker 3: Couple bags of wet meat running on electricity.
Speaker 1: But I just don't like it.
Speaker 3: Here's how the show works. Wiz Quiz Bang Bang's format is four rounds of four questions, each followed by the answers. After round two, we'll ask a quick fire bang Bang question where you'll have a time limit to give multiple answers. After the fourth round, the show culminates with the Big Bang, a final round with three questions whose answers are all clues to one final question.
Speaker 2: Round one.
Speaker 1: Question one, the category is food and drink. What candy saw a sixty five percent increase in sales within two weeks of the release of the movie et? Question two? The category is pop culture. Which d morning talk show host was the spokesperson for Carnival cruise Line from the late eighties to early nineties with the catchphrase if my friends could see me now. Question three, the category is geography. What is the name of Latvia's capital that shares its name with the Gulf It lies? On?
Speaker 2: Question four?
Speaker 1: The category is society and culture and religion. This question comes from Major Data. Thank you, Major Data. You.
Speaker 3: Major Carl Bushby.
Speaker 1: An English ex paratrooper, has been walking since November nineteen ninety eight, in an attempt to be the first person to walk a completely unbroken path around the world by what large biblical name does his expedition go by? And now the answer is to round one. Question one, what candy saw sixty five percent increase in sales within two weeks of the release of E. T. Reese's Pieces? I guess Originally Steven Spielberg wanted to use em and M's and he approached M and MS to be like, Hey, I want to use you in the movie, but I think, you know, give me some money for the product placement or whatever. And Eminem was like, yeah, no, that's okay, we'll pass. And then Reese's Pieces, that was kind of struggling to like break into the market, was like, we'll do it. What do you want? Count us in? And it worked out great for them.
Speaker 3: Nice Reese's Pieces infinitely superior to Eminems.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, dam down.
Speaker 1: Question two. Which morning time show host was a spokesperson for Carnival Cruise Line from the late eighties to the early nineties with the catchphrase if my friends could see me now? It was Kathy Lee give heard How did you say it?
Speaker 3: David, No, I think that was it? Okay, very much like Kathy Lee hepburn there.
Speaker 1: Oh. If my friends could see me now, they would say, great job, Kathy.
Speaker 2: Let's all go out for some momo sauce.
Speaker 1: Question three, What is the name of Lafia's capital that shares its name with the golf? It lies on Riga, which means it lies on the Gulf of Riga.
Speaker 3: That's math yep.
Speaker 1: Question for Carl Bushby, who has been walking since November of nineteen ninety eight and attempt to be the first person to walk a completely unbroken path around the world. Has his expedition go by what large biblical name the Goliath Expedition. He began his journey on November one of nineteen ninety eight and originally expected to finish his trek of thirty six thousand miles or fifty eight thousand kilometers in eight years, so that implies he'd be done by two thousand and six. But David in October of twenty five he had entered Romania and is now one thousand, three hundred and seventy five miles or two two or thirteen kilometers from the United Kingdom, so like he's getting there. So good for him for not giving up good grief.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but good I mean probably got held up trying to walk on water.
Speaker 1: Yeah, probably that.
Speaker 3: Uh well, I've got more questions, but.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess we'll keep going with a trivia. But it's interesting.
Speaker 3: Look it up round two. Question five. The category is sports baseball player Kai Cobb had what fruity nickname? Owing to his home state origin. Question six, Category art. Maya Linn was an undergraduate at Yale University when she won the contest to design which memorial? Question seven? Category science? What is the term for the broad group of organic compounds that include fats, waxes, sterols, and fat soluble vitamins? Question eight, Category Film. This one comes to us for my listener, Bobby. They give Bobby, then you, Bubby, go ahead, make my day was spoken by Clint Eastwood in Which Movie?
Speaker 1: And now the.
Speaker 3: Answers around two. Question five, Ty Cobb had what fruity nickname? Owing to his home state origin Georgia. Page Question six. Maya Lynn was an undergraduate at Yale University when she won the contest to design which memorial the Vietnam Veterans Memorial? Question seven, what's the term for the broad group of organic compounds that include fats, waxes, sterols, and fat soluble vitamins. Those are lipids. Question eight, go ahead, make my day was spoken by Clint Eastwood, and which movie A bit of a head fake on this one? It was Sudden Impact.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I thought the name of the movie was Dirty Harry.
Speaker 3: Well, I think there is a Dirty Harry and he plays Dirty Harry Sudden Impact. But it's two different movies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's it for the first half, which means it's time for the Bang Bang Round. The category for this week's Bang Bang Round is math. Language. You will have thirty seconds answer the following question. In modern notation, there are seven letters that represent the seven basic Roman numerals.
Speaker 2: What are they? Your time starts now.
Speaker 3: And that's time. The seven letters that represent these seven basic Roman numerals are I, V, X, L, C, D, and M. He goes one, five, ten, fifty, one hundred, five hundred and a thousand.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm glad we do Arabic numbers. Round three. Question nine. The category is literature. The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again. But already it was impossible to say which was which is the last line from which novel? Question ten, The category is history. Which international agreement of eighteen sixty four regulated the treatment of those wounded in war? Question eleven, The category is mythology. In Nari is the god of what grain in Japanese mythology. Question twelve, the category is geography. This question comes from listener Brandon.
Speaker 3: Thank you Brandon.
Speaker 1: What country has the most islands in the world? And now the answer is to round three. Question nine. The creatures outside look from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again. But already it was impossible to say which was which is the last line from which novel animal farm? Question ten? Which international agreement of eighteen sixty four regulated the treatment of those wounded in war? Geneva Convention. Kudos if you said the first Geneva Convention, because there were four and this was the first treaty, and then they revised it in nineteen oh six, nineteen twenty nine and nineteen forty nine, and we can thank the Red Cross for instigating it. Question eleven. In Nari is the god of what grain? In Japanese mythology, Rice Innari is the Japanese kami of foxes, fertility, rice, tea, sak, agriculture and industry. Question twelve, What country has the most islands in the world? Old Sweden. Here's a crazy like little layout. Sweden two hundred and sixty seven thousand islands, Norway two hundred and thirty nine thousand, Finland one hundred and seventy eight thousand, and then we drop dramatically to Canada fifty two thousand, Chili forty three thousand, the US eighteen thousand.
Speaker 3: Wild round four. Question thirteen. The category is society and culture. On the London underground map, what color is the circle line? Question fourteen Category transportation. This one comes to us from listener Jos, Thank you, Jose, Thank you Jos. On Swiss cars, there are stickers with the letters CCH. What does CCH stand for? Question fifteen Category space To help them develop better spacesuits, NASA studied the newborns of what animal whose leg blood vessels thicken quickly, allowing them to walk within the first hour after birth? Question sixteen, Category animals. This one comes to us from listener Maymi, Thank you, maymy.
Speaker 1: Thank you, maymy.
Speaker 3: Which bird has the largest egg to body ratio, and now the answer is to round four Question thirteen on the London underground map, what color is the circle line? Yellow? Question fourteen? On Swiss cars, there are stickers with the letters what does that H stand for? Confederatio Helvetica. It's the official Latin name for Switzerland. Question fifteen. To help them develop better spacesuits, NASA studied the newborns of what animal giraffes? And question sixteen, Which bird has the largest egg to body ratio? That's the Kiwi. Apparently, one female Kiwi weighing one point seven kilograms or three pounds twelve ounces laid an egg weighing four hundred and six grams or fourteen ounces, which is almost one quarter of her total body mass, and weights of up to five hundred and ten grams or one pound have been reliably reported for other Kiwi eggs.
Speaker 1: That's it for the regular rounds, which means it's time for the Big Bang Round. The category for this week's Big Bang Round is art. We will give you three clue questions, which are all hents to one final question. The clue questions may not fall under the same category. Question one Wild lions can only be found on what two continents?
Speaker 3: Question two, one thousand, one hundred and two pounds or five hundred kilograms is equivalent to half of what unit of measurement?
Speaker 1: Question three? What airloom was last used by Borimir on the slopes of aman Hen before being broken in two right before his death?
Speaker 3: And finally your big bang question again the categories art. Which animal's European arrival did printmaker and painter Aubrecht Durer depict in a fifteen to fifteen woodcut.
Speaker 1: And now the answer is to the Big Bang round. Question one, Wild lions can only be found on what too continents Africa and Asia?
Speaker 3: Question two and two pounds or five hundred kilograms is equivalent to half of white unit of measurement a ton.
Speaker 1: Question three? What heirloom last used by Boromere was broken in two right before his death?
Speaker 2: The horn of gondor.
Speaker 3: Which animals European arrival did printmaker and painter Allbrecht Durer depict in a fifteen fifteen woodcut native to Africa and Asia, with adults weighing at least half a ton in adulthood, and known for its distinctive horn, It was a rhino.
Speaker 1: Yay I have to say some of my favorite art is terrible medieval art, especially when is people depicting things that they've never seen before, like or like that taxi dermy lion that's just so goofy looking, like I love that this rhino, I mean because he saw it legitimately, very well done.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, Dura's awesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I love the memes where they're like, oh, this is a great illustration for this book. Hey do you think you could do the horse from a head on? He's like, wait, what horse head on? What does that look? It just looks like the dopiest blob thing.
Speaker 1: Little blob bodies and ridiculouses. I love those, like the cat and armor.
Speaker 3: A lot of them had pretty interesting ties to to like what they meant and stuff snails fighting people. There are a lot of snails that fight people. It's it's interesting to look up, like what what all that meant? Yeah, it's just wild what they came up with back then.
Speaker 1: Medieval art amazing, all break Durer, amazing. Yay for everybody, and yay for you guys. You listen to two humans talk with their mouths.
Speaker 3: With their human mouths that are now on the backs of their necks.
Speaker 1: Why hope everyone's surviving and thriving in this holiday season, and we wish everybody happy holidays. We will be doing a twenty twenty five recap Zoom trivia the second Saturday. So if you're around and you want to do trivia, but you don't want to do any of that pesky history stuff, and don't worry. We had someone ask us once like, oh, how political do you get. We're not. It's going to just be happy and silly. There's much more likely to hear about a drunk raccoon than you are to hear about a drunk politician.
Speaker 3: So yeah, we try to keep it pretty light. There's plenty of trivia out there. Yeah, So for this episode of Quiz, Quiz, Bang Bang, I've been David Flora, I've.
Speaker 1: Been any Flora. Here's looking at you.
Speaker 3: Quiz