Speaker 1: The Mandy Connell Show is sponsored by Belle and Pollock Accident and injury Lawyers.
Speaker 2: No, it's Mandy Connell.
Speaker 3: And Tonka.
Speaker 4: N FM, God the Nicey Ray, Mandy Donald keeping you sad thing.
Speaker 5: Welcome locome, Welcome to a Thursday edition of the show. I'm your host for the next three hours. Mandy Connell, joined, of course by my right hand man. As a matter of fact, if you look at the end of my right arm, you'll just see Anthony Rodriguez. He is a rod too. How a rod or the airhorn mockery that started it all. We have a lot of stuff to talk about it and I just added another guest to the show, so listen. Well you'll understand in just a second. It was a late edition. I got to come in a little bit early today and spend some time with two of my favorite clients, Jim and Gail Gravina from Gravinas Window Center of Littleton. You'll be hearing those commercial spots soon. But came in early and happened to see it. A late addition to the blog story. Let me tell you about the blog. You can find it by going to mandy'sblog dot com. That's mandy'sblog dot com. We look for the headline in the latest post section. This says send twenty four to twenty four blog, Let's talk about Amendment eighty. Click on that and here are the headlines you will find in school tick tech.
Speaker 6: Tech a winner, anything with much in office half of American all with ships and clipments.
Speaker 7: A s that's got a press plant.
Speaker 5: Today on the blog we must codify school choice. There's a debate on right choice voting. Tonight Danielle Jorinsky is releasing the evidence. Coo Boy VP Harris was on CNN last night, scrolling, scrolling, scrolling, scrolling. Who is donating to what? When it comes to ballot initiatives, remove your paws from your pocket slowly. Pueblo's Republican mayor acting like a Democrat. I hope this scumbag drug dealer gets a long sentence. We've got a ton of apartments now ten years for road rage. A phone booths at a cemetery doesn't ring true for some want to know what peaks are? What Democrats have returned more ballots than Republicans. Mike Rosenbus the income miss poor sleep shrinks your brain. Trust the science unless it doesn't agree with us scrolling. Yes, women are losing medals to trans athletes. An easy way to check how you're aging. We love our outdoor time. Goldfish crackers are going upscale? Are we still believing all women? Time to ditch those black takeout containers? Tim walls being tim walls? The real life of an office worker. What is the worst Talloween candy? And why is it circus peanuts or candy corn? Those are the headlines on the blog at Mandy's blog dot com.
Speaker 7: Okay, can you explain what that?
Speaker 5: Here are the headlines you will find in.
Speaker 7: School in school?
Speaker 5: Because I looked down as I was reading. Hang on, I read ahead because the first line, let me go back to su job.
Speaker 7: That's hil, I was stupid. Did you hear what you said?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 5: I didn't because the first line in the blog is we must codify school to in school. Wow, that's ridiculous. That was what was I telling you about brain fog a rod. I'll tell here are the headlines you will find in school.
Speaker 7: Okay, you're gonna find them in school.
Speaker 8: What schools of Mandy Connell be goes It's in school in school, headlines in school, in school?
Speaker 5: We should send that to Agnes to use for her web series for tweens.
Speaker 7: That's not bad.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I like it. Here the headlines you will find in school. Anyway, We're going to talk to Christy Burton Brown in about twenty minutes because she not only is running her own race for the Board of Education, she is also running in support of Amendment eighty. And Amendment eighty is the amendment to our constitution that would codify meaning it would protect school choice going forward in Colorado. Now, a few years ago, I would have said to you this is not needed. We have a robust school choice system. Some of our charter schools are some of the best schools in the state. Right, but the tide has turned. As here's the thing about teachers unions. People think, Okay, we voted in school choice, now we have charter schools. Everything's fine, nothing's going to change. I can take my eye off the ball, right because I got other things to worry about. I got stuff, I got family, I got work, I got other things I have to worry about. But the teachers unions never have anything else to worry about except trying to regain power over charter schools and eventually private and religious schools. That is the endgame of the teachers unions is to have control over every single educational opportunity in the world. That is the end because they view all of those people as potential dues payers. Now, when you look at who is going and we're going to talk more about this with Christy Burton Brown, when you look at who is against Amendment eighty, you begin to realize how important it is because this is them playing the long game. And if you care about school choice, if you care about the thousands and thousands and thousands of Colorado students whose parents make other decisions for them based on what's right for their kids, then you must vote for Amendment eighty. It is not a perfect amendment, but it is better than nothing. And if it goes down, it not only goes down, it emboldens all of the teachers' unions and their lackeys on the boards of education across the state to go after charter schools and try to shut them down or bring them under state and therefore union control. That is the endgame here. So we're gonna talk to Christy Burton Brown about that in just a few minutes. There is a debate tonight at DU about ranked choice voting, and I realized that a lot of you are not for this amendment, but I am. This changes the way. It's not an amendment. I don't think it's just a proposition. This would change the way we cast our ballots. We've gone over at numerous times. I am an enthusiastic yes for this initiative. And now we know that Aurora mayor Mike Kaufman is an enthusiastic yes on this amendment. What makes the column that he put in the Denver Gazette especially interesting is that Mike Kaufman was Secretary of State in two thousand and six. He was succeeded by Bernie Buscher. I think that's how you say his last name. He was appointed. I believe when Mike won office to go to Congress. I think I don't have that for sure. I wasn't here then. I'm just doing my best to think of what could have happened there, and together these two former secretaries of state are advocating for this position. I think that's very interesting. So I'd urge you to read his column. If you want to learn more about it, you can go to the debate tonight at DU I believe tickets are still available. Jason Lupo is the founder of First Choice Counts. He will be there on the no side with Candace Stuts rim stuts rhyme. Sorry, Candace, I might be slaughtering your last name. Candace Stutt's rhyme of the Truth and Liberty Coalition. They're going to argue against it, and in favor of it will be Kent Theory and Nick Troiano of United America. We're going to talk to Nick at about one point thirty to get a preview of what that will look like. So that is what's coming up. And then so today I got here a little bit early because I was recording some commercials with the Gravinas, and then we got done with that, and so I was perusing the web getting ready to come and do the show, and I saw Danielle Drinsky, the Aurora City Councilwoman's Twitter feed, and she has started releasing documents to back up the things that she has been saying the things that she's been saying, and trying to get help with help for trying to organize some response to while not only dealing with a non responsive government that she ostensibly as a city council member is supposed to work with. But disparaging remarks from our governor, disparaging remarks from so many other people. The governor even said this was a figment of her imagination. And now she's releasing emails that clearly show the Aurora Police Department knew that the Venezuelan gang that walked off over our porous Biden Harris Southern border, that gang is operating in Aurora, and the Aurora Police Department knew it. In twenty twenty three, they were sending out memos that police officers should not respond to those apartment complexes alone. They were sending out memos on this gang. There's video that is in the Daily Mail yesterday showing a woman, a Guatemalan immigrant, telling police that this gang through boiling water on her and her husband while she was pregnant as they were extorting money from her. And you know what, I have Danielle Duranski's back a thousand times on this. I cannot imagine how frustrating it has been to know that you are telling the truth, to know that what you are saying is accurate, to know that citizens in your district were suffering because of it. And to have everybody react like you're some kind of crazy person. I mean, come on, this has been the ultimate gas light. It really has. This has been a masterclass in gaslighting. But now she's bringing she's showing the evidence on her twitter feed if you want to follow her, I put a link on my blog to her twitter feeds, so you could do that as well. So let's get right into something that most of you did not watch last night. So last night, last night, Kamala Harris was on CNN. And now Kamala Harris has been the assumed candidate for to a little over two months, right, she should have answers to pretty much every question, except she hasn't done challenging interviews. She hasn't done enough interviews. She hasn't put her in a position where she's had to, you know, really work out or formulate these answers. But last night it was on display and it was really shocking. Just when I think maybe maybe there's a chance I'm wrong, maybe she's not a complete empty suit, completely devoid of substance, and then and exchange like this, what happens?
Speaker 6: Ay?
Speaker 9: Rod?
Speaker 5: Can I have my computer please?
Speaker 8: Sir?
Speaker 5: I just want you to put on your listening ears and listen to this.
Speaker 10: Some voters, though, might ask, you've been in the White House for four years, you were vice president, not the president, but why wasn't any of that done.
Speaker 11: In the last four years?
Speaker 12: Well there was a lot that was done, but there's more to do, Anderson, and I'm pointing out things that need to be done that haven't been done but need to be done.
Speaker 10: Some voters, though, might ask you again, for four years, your vice president, not the president, but why wasn't any of that done for the last four years?
Speaker 12: Well, there was a lot that was done, but there's more to do. Anderson, and I'm pointing out things that need to be done, that haven't been done but need to be done.
Speaker 5: Some voters, though, you do you understand she's pointing out things that haven't been done but need to be done, while also recognizing that some things have been done. So we need to focus on what's been done rather than thinking about the things that need to be done that she's pointing out that haven't been done yet. This person, I would not vote for them to be the president of the PTO. At my daughter school, if someone got up and gave that kind of nonsensical garbage answer. I would start laughing. I don't know how Anderson Cooper didn't laugh. But that's not all They give you. Another high point.
Speaker 10: Is there something you can point to in your life, political life, or in your life in the last four years that you think is a mistake that you have learned from.
Speaker 12: I mean, I've made many mistakes, and they range from you know, if you've ever parented a child, you know you make lots of mistakes too. In my role as vice president, I mean, I've probably worked very hard at making sure that I am well versed on issues, and I think that.
Speaker 5: Is very important.
Speaker 12: It's a mistake not to be well versed on an issue and feel compelled to answer a question.
Speaker 5: Does anybody understand what she just said? He asked, have you made any mistakes in the past few years? Have you made any mistakes? If a rod asked me that question right now, just right off the time, I haven't even thought about it. Ask me the question? Ay right, ay roight ay. Roch asked me the question, have you made any mistakes in the last few years?
Speaker 7: Have you made any mistakes in the last few years?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 5: I let Anthony Rodriguez talk me into interviewing Mike Lindell. That is my mistake from the last few years.
Speaker 7: It's not a mistake. It was great. We gave him a platform here.
Speaker 8: We had to say we didn't attack him, because not everything has to be attack journalism.
Speaker 5: Yep, you're right, you're right. It's it's not over though, the Kamala, the Kamala town hall, it's not over. We got more because any minute it's gonna be good. It's gonna it's gonna uh. I'll just I'll just let her talk.
Speaker 10: Under Donald Trump, you criticized the wall more than fifty times. You called it stupid, useless and a medieval vanity project.
Speaker 11: Is a border wall stupid?
Speaker 12: Well, let's talk about Donald Trump in that border wall. You remember Donald Trump said Mexico would pay for it.
Speaker 5: Come on, no, wait a minute, you guys. She appears to be looking at a crowd. Was there a crowd there last night, because if so, all of her laughing and jokes landed completely flattening floor director.
Speaker 8: The amount of eye contact that maybe that floor director made with her at that at that juncture there, maybe it wasn't a live audience because it's probably, like we can keep.
Speaker 5: At this point You're like, do you I have a booger? Like, what's going on? Do you have something on my face? At Okay, but let's I'll let her continue to go on about the border wall.
Speaker 12: Well, let's talk about Donald Trump and that border wall. So remember Donald Trump said Mexico would pay for it. Come on, they didn't. How much of that wall did he build? I think the last number I saw was about two percent. And then when it came from time for him to do a photo op, you know where he did it in the part of the wall that President Obama built.
Speaker 10: But you were agreed to a bill that would hear MOREK six hundred and fifty million dollars to continue building that way, I pledge that I.
Speaker 12: Am going to bring forward that bipartisan bill to further strengthen and secure our border. Yes I am, and I'm going to work across the aisle to pass a comprehensive bill that deals with a broken immigration system. I think Jackson's question part of it was acknowledge that America has always had migration, but there needs to be a legal process for it.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, there is.
Speaker 11: You have to earn it.
Speaker 12: And that's the point that I think is the most important point that can be made, which is we need a president always grounded in common sense and practical outcomes.
Speaker 5: Like, let's count fix this thing. I can't. Let's just fix it.
Speaker 12: Why is there any ideological perspective.
Speaker 5: Problem?
Speaker 10: Yeah, to fix the problem, you're doing this compromise bill. It does call for six hundred and fifty million dollars that was her marked under Trump to actually still go to build a wall.
Speaker 12: I'm not afraid of good ideas where they occurred.
Speaker 11: Say, you don't think it's stupid anymore.
Speaker 12: I think what he did and how he did it it was did not make much sense because he actually didn't do much of anything. I just talked about that wall, right, we just talked about it. He didn't actually do much of anything.
Speaker 11: But you do want to build some wall? Weird?
Speaker 12: Did I want to strengthen our border?
Speaker 5: You guys? You guys. This was an absolute disaster for Kamala Harris disaster, not that anybody saw it, but clips like this one are flying around social media today like crazy.
Speaker 8: I think the Beastie Boys are even face palming at this sabotage.
Speaker 5: Lord have mercy, really, honestly, though, my favorite one may always be This is almost as good as you know the passage of time, A rod.
Speaker 10: Might as you've been in the White House for four years, your vice president, not the president's But why wasn't any of that done?
Speaker 5: This clip?
Speaker 12: Well, there was a lot that was done, but there's more to do, Anderson, and I'm pointing out things that need to be done that haven't been done but need to be done.
Speaker 5: I mean, you, guys, that's passage of time, exactly, exactly saving. I actually did not put the whole thing on the blog last night. I usually I usually embed it, but you guys, you're gonna get dumber if you watch it. If you watch the whole thing, you are guaranteed to be stupider than you were at the beginning of your viewing session. As a matter of fact, like forget lead pipes. Last night's CNN town hall with Kamala Harris is surely going to drop your IQ more than anything else in the entire world. We'll be right back with Christy Burton Brown.
Speaker 12: Yes, okay, I'm pointing out things that need to be done that haven't been done but need to be done.
Speaker 5: Last night the CNN debate, there's a zero percent chance I'd show up if I was Donald Trump on CNN? Why Why are Republicans always supposed to capitulate? When was the last Fox News debate? You know, I'm tired of that. Why didn't you show up on another left wing network that's going to make it as easy as possible to make the other candidate look good? Why would he? There's no reason for that anyway. So that's the first thing. And by the way, he has already said he wasn't doing another debate on CNN or anywhere else, So I don't have an issue with that. Now the take on John Kelly's and Jeffrey Goldberg from The Atlantic, Jeffrey Goldberg has, according to the people that he allegedly got the background for the story on, has made up this story out of whole cloth. And I have a question about John Kelly. We're supposed to believe right now today, John Kelly, former general former chiefs of staff for Donald J.
Speaker 7: Trump.
Speaker 11: We're supposed to.
Speaker 5: Believe that John Kelly is a beyond reproach. He is as upstanding a citizen as there has ever been in the history of citizenry. And yet I'm also supposed to believe that he listened to his boss talk about admiring Hitler, but he didn't quit. He didn't say, you know what, maybe I don't want to work for this guy. And stayed with him for a good bit of time after that. And then and then after he got out of office, he waited. He didn't tell anybody, even though Donald Trump has been running for office how long now over a year? And John Kelly just now, right this very second, John Kelly just remembered, Oh my god, how could I have forgotten Donald Trump loves Hitler? Oh my god, it slipped my mind until now. I mean, if you can't see how absurd that is. And here's the other part about this whole thing, you guys. The Democrats have called in my lifetime George Herbert Walker Bush Hitler, George W. Bush Hitler, ntt Romney, who's literally the nicest man you're ever gonna meet in your life, Hitler, John McCain Hitler. Everybody can't be Hitler, you guys. Everybody can't be special. Everybody doesn't get a medal, everybody doesn't get to say hi, how me nobody? We can't all be Hitler. So at this point, and when the Democrats start yelling Hitler Hitler, Hitler, Hitler, It's comical. Do you not see how funny and absurd it is? It's just guess what you know? Who wasn't Hitler? George Herbert Roker Bush. Do you know who else was in Hitler? George W. Bush? Do you know super not Hitler, Mitt Romney, Jean McCain isn't even Hitler. And by the way, in his first term in office, are we are we living under a Hilarian scenario right now? Because Donald Trump was already in office for four years. He didn't he didn't put Jewish people in camps. As a matter of fact, he might be the worst Hitler ever because he actually moved the US embassy to Jerusalem, something all these other presidents who were not Hitler said they were gonna do, but they didn't do. He did it, and he sent his son in law over to to fall relations between Saudi Arabia and Israel, which I actually think is now paying dividends in the Middle East. We're not necessarily seeing it. But guess what Saudi Arabia is like, sit back, going, yeah, if you want to take out Aroun, that's okay with us. That's what happens under Donald Trump administration, and only now he's hitler. Now, just now he's hitler. I mean, you guys, come on. It's as absurd as the story that came out over on social media a couple days ago where a guy said that he was a student of Tim walls is in high school and Tim Walls touched him inappropriately. When I saw that, I was like, oh, yeah, okay, sure, I believe that.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 5: What I do believe is that Doug m Hoff, the want to be first gentleman, is now or his longtime ex who The story came out several weeks ago that at an event in con France, Doug m Hoff slapped his date across the face before getting into a car and driving away in front of a bunch of people at a valet line. So now she has come out and is talking to the Daily Mail with a lot of receipts. But that story has been poop pooed by the left wing media as not important, just a distraction, just a distraction, and it's a distraction from the new line that Trump is hitler, even though all evidence to the contrary, all evidence by the way other people hang, let me just do this. I should have pulled all this stuff on the brake, but it didn't. But I can find it very very quickly. A lot of people that worked in that administration are coming out to say that they never heard that kind of talk from Donald Trump, even though they don't like him now, and they're basically denying that what did any of that actually happen? So it is, by the way, the family of the soldier that was exploited by Jeffrey Goldberg in that article has now come out to say the part he made up about him complaining about funerals and everything else was completely fabricated and they just voted for Donald Trump. So that's what I think of John Kelly. I think John Kelly is mad because his reputation was damaged when he was fired, and this is his best chance of revenge. And if it was really true, then what does it say about John Kelly that he waits until right now to tell us? And I think that is a legitimate question that should be asked. Why did you keep it to yourself? Why? I mean you guys, I have been in situations where I really needed a job, but if I walked in my boss and I'm gonna use black people as an example, right, I'm gonna use black people here. If I walked in and heard my boss going on a racist tear against black people, I would immediately find another job because I don't want to be associated with that. I don't want my name attached to that. And if someone is truly hitler, I mean it's only a matter of time before it truly comes out. So the whole John Kelly thing, I think is a political bit of hackery, just like I think the Tim Wall sing was a bit of political hackery, but it is designed to obfuscape from the real stories like the one about Kamala Harris's husband slapping his wife that he has never responded to other than to say nuh nuh. So that's where we're going with that. So any other conversation about John Kelly will be ignored because it's just not something that I give any credence to. It's the worst October surprise ever. And I will tell you the collective eye roll that this trip Trump is a Nazi thing that's been met with not by hardcore partisans on the left because they can't say it enough. They can't run around and scream hitler enough when it comes to Donald Trump, because that's all they have. They cannot advocate for their candidate because she's terrible, because she was appointed undemocratically, and they sure as hell shouldn't be running around talking about saving democracy when none of them even voted for her. Give me a break, Mandy. If Trump is hitler, then Barack, Joe and Kamala are Stalin, Lenin and Mao. You know, even I don't think they are that bad. I think we can all agree as Americans, no matter what your political viewpoints are, that we are lucky to live in a nation that has not ever had to worry about a despot. We've never had to worry about overthrowing a regime that is out of control because our systems work, they work well, and you have to trust him until they fall apart completely, which gond happen at any minute, any minute. All right, when we get back, I do have some other stuff on the text line. It's very interesting you guys texting me today because they're all over the place, very very all over the place. We'll be right back. We've got a whole bunch of cool stories on the blog, none better than this one. Anthony cotsin Durango got called there was some mischief in the streets of Durrango. Something was hopping around causing trouble. Nope, even better, a kangaroo.
Speaker 7: Oh, it's probably from Denver.
Speaker 5: Nope, No, it's actually a family kangaroo. So this family has a kangaroo pet and they apparently maybe hopped over the fence. I don't know, but kangaroo got out. He's gotten away from his family. Durrango police did manage to track it down. They sat after a hopping speed chase. They were able to capture the little guy or turn him to his family. Here's my question, if you had a kangaroo, is there any other name that you could give a kangaroo other than captain?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 7: Yes, what would you name your kangaroo movie with Anthony Anderson?
Speaker 8: Oh, my gosh, Anthony Anderson kangaroo movie Kangaroo Jack, Kangaroo Jack.
Speaker 5: The No, No, okay, now there's an age schism here. Captain you name him captain Kangaroos.
Speaker 7: What you're saying is we combined both and you got Captain Jack.
Speaker 5: Oh, I maybe.
Speaker 7: If I will, if I may for a moment, I boot the zoo.
Speaker 8: The other day, we're walking along with passing enclosure and looks like nothing back there.
Speaker 7: I turned back around. Boom.
Speaker 8: I don't know if you call it a herd or a group or a dollop, I don't know whatever of kangaroo just run through their enclosure and just pop right there.
Speaker 7: Into the into eye line and we're like, oh my gosh, kangaroo's are deanver Zoo. I hadn't gone since they got him. And the new enclosure is awesome looking.
Speaker 5: Kangaroos look so cute and like you're like, oh, and the headline. I actually did this story just so I could use the headline. Remove your pause from your pocket, slowly get it like the cops were anyway. So I didn't say it was a good joke. I just said that's why I did the story. Yeah, but I do think that if you ask people my age, they would say name the kangaroo captain, whereas you're making a good case for King Jack. But that was from two thousand and three. Yeah, so I need texters five six six, N I know, what do you wait? What do you name your kangaroo? If you got one? You know, our friend Kelly Mayer has a wallaby.
Speaker 7: What's the difference.
Speaker 8: Well, I think most of them at the Zoom might be wallabies. That I mean, I think they said kangaroo, but they're all small enough.
Speaker 7: I think they're wallaby.
Speaker 5: No, they're different. Okay, we might have to get Kelly on the phone a little bit later in the show to find out. But if I had a kangaroo for me, it would be Captain. I'd be like, yeah, captain.
Speaker 13: What's up?
Speaker 5: But have you ever seen like a really full grown male kangaroo? Have you ever seen these photos? They are scary as hell. They're jacked. They are jacked, very scary. The name should be kanga kana kangaroo just sounds like a bad stutter. A mob of kangaroos, that's what this person says. I have no idea if that's right or not. Kanga or roo Winnie the Pooh books, Yeah, boo at the zoo. I didn't know a rod has a kid? You borrowed a kid?
Speaker 14: Right?
Speaker 7: Nephews every year yearly tradition? Boo zoo.
Speaker 5: You know what how old are your nephews now?
Speaker 7: Oh? God, fifteen and ten eleven?
Speaker 5: What are you gonna do when they age out?
Speaker 7: Do you mean an age out?
Speaker 5: Your your nephews will age out of stuff. Yeah they will.
Speaker 9: Oh.
Speaker 8: I even made the point while on the way and on the way back. You just tell you guys know you're never gonna get too old for both the zoo. We're always gonna go together. Okay, And they agreed, Okay, So let me.
Speaker 7: Be the older one.
Speaker 8: I'm starting to get a little worried about from him. No, no, no, he still loves hanging out with us. But eventually it's gonna be like a I'm good or we're gonna hit him up. Hey, it's a yearly tradition when they go up the younger one, the younger one.
Speaker 5: I got my girlfriend. My girlfriend's Kevin.
Speaker 7: He's he's a ladies man too, doesn't he.
Speaker 5: So here are the names we've gotten this person, says Captain for sure. Yeah, how about just we got Joey, You got Captain. I do not like kangaroos. They freak me out, says this Texter. Skippy Skippy would be a good name for a kangaroo. Hoppy that from Gael Skippy. Yeah, he's the kind of a skip. Look, Skippy's hopping. Kangaroos are like rats and pests to the assis. Yeah, there are a lot of them, I would I would more liken them to alligators in Florida, Like people do not realize how many alligators are in Florida, And I mean from the very top of Florida, the very bottom of Florida.
Speaker 8: Their alligators everywhere. I could easily google it, but it's not as fun. Do only the female ones have the pouch?
Speaker 5: Hmmm this I don't know the answer to kangaroos.
Speaker 7: Oh wait, now I gouts ask the right question.
Speaker 5: Fyi. Kangaroo's evolved in South America, says this text. Are crossing the land bridges from Antarctica to Australia. Do male kangaroos have the pouch? Let's see that's serious. Okay, let's see. The name should be kannga Joey. That's a good one. That's a baby kangaroo, Joey. Let's see a lot of kanga, a lot of roo hoppy, punchy.
Speaker 8: She wants to call it kangus khan, which is the pokemon version of a kangaroo.
Speaker 5: That would be pretty funny. Tengus gone kengus as in k A n g a s kengis khan.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Kanamala, that's.
Speaker 5: That sounds like a weird dinosaur kangaroos are terrifying. The name should be Stephen. Is Stephen terrifying? Who is Stephen?
Speaker 7: Why is Steven?
Speaker 8: But I'd rather go with like if we're going like human names, like Chad, Chad could be a jer Kevin chaddosure last night that Chad exactly is the Isn't that the longa from the point dynamite?
Speaker 7: No, that's Tina. Excuse me, excuse me. That's all right.
Speaker 5: Uh, somebody's gotta explain the the Stephen thing to me. I need to know gingis Khan, gingis kang Us? Gone, I know Kengus. For anyway, Well, we're gonna be back, and this time for real. Christy Burton Brown is joining us one clock to talk about Amendment eighty. That's coming up next.
Speaker 1: The Mandy Connell Show is sponsored by Belle and Pollock Accident and Injury Lawyers.
Speaker 2: No, it's Mandy Connell, Mandy Connell on KLA.
Speaker 5: Ninety one FM.
Speaker 11: S God.
Speaker 15: Say the nicety three bendy Toronal keeping is sad bab welcome, welcome, welcome, keeping ignorance at bay Indeed, and.
Speaker 5: Right now we're going to talk about some ignorance lying around about the proposed Amendment number eighty. Joining me now is Christy Burton Brown with Advanced Colorado. Also side note, she's also running for the Board of Education in the fourth district and I already voted for her or her So there you go. My secret ballot is out now Christy, welcome to the show.
Speaker 9: First of all, thank you, Mandy, I appreciate it.
Speaker 5: Andrew vote, Well, we're going to talk first about the Amendment eighty, which is a school choice amendment and Advanced Colorado and what other organization put this forth? It just went out of my head.
Speaker 9: Actually, we are the organization at Putts Okay, so we have a good coalition supporting it.
Speaker 5: Okay, great, So Advanced Colorado puts this forth. It is a very simply worded amendment and that I think is part of its beauty, but also part of the issues that have arisen, or at least issues that have been seized on by people who don't want this to pass. And I want to start by talking about where are the money's coming from on the anti side, Kelly, because now, no, no, let's not start there. Tell people what Amendment eighty does and why it's important that it passes. First, let's start there.
Speaker 9: Sure you're right, Mandy, that is actually completely simple. Out of all the fourteen measures on your ballot, Amendment eighty is basic. It is putting the right to school choice we've enjoyed in Colorado for decades in our constitution so that it's no longer at the mercy of politicians who can change it whenever they want.
Speaker 5: So the purpose of this is to push back against the sort of shifting tides in Colorado because Colorado, and I talked to my listeners about this earlier, Christy, Colorado was really at the forefront of the school choice movement many years ago, and because of that, we have a vibrant charter school community. We have a vibrant home school community with great supports, but they are outside the control of the teachers union. And that's what brings us to who's spending against Amendment eighty. Is it all coming from teachers unions or there are other people trying to get this defeated.
Speaker 9: So it is almost entirely coming from the teachers Union. And what I think people really need to know is that it's the National Teachers Union who's funding the majority of the campaign putting those ads on your TV and lying about an amendment eighty.
Speaker 6: As of a few.
Speaker 9: Days ago, the National Teachers Union had put in over four million dollars, and the other roughly million dollars that they have has come from in a state, the Colorado Teachers Union and a couple other organizations that smaller amounts.
Speaker 6: But it really is National Teachers.
Speaker 9: Union doesn't understand our system here in Colorado, doesn't know how popular it is, aligned to voters telling them this is threatening public school funding when the Colorado Fiscal note by a non partisan government agency, so this is zero dollar fiscal impact.
Speaker 6: This is not a funding amendment.
Speaker 5: So one of the things I want to take a little bit of a different tact than you just did. I do believe that the teachers unions know how popular this is. I do believe that they understand that we have a vibrant charter school system and they absolutely hate it. And even though all of the people who voted for school choice and all of the people who have supported charter schools in Colorado over the years, they've all moved on right because they have jobs and families and they figure it's done so we don't have to worry about it anymore. Whereas the teachers' unions never stop thinking about how to undermine and destroy a parent's option to choose the educational opportunity for their kid that best fits that kid, which is at the heart of this amendment. I do want to ask them, Yeah, oh go ahead, I'm.
Speaker 9: Just going to say, and I agree with you that their motives are very interfarious when you look at what they do. They like to come in from any you know, from their national high place, and come into any state and say, doesn't matter what you guys think of your system, right, hate it, and so we're going to fight it.
Speaker 5: So let me ask you about some of the criticisms that have been levied against Amendment eighty. And the biggest, most common one that I have heard from kind of a surprising place is from homeschoolers or charter school parents who say, wait a minute, does this give the government any way to sort of finagle their way in under the guise of quote ensuring equality education.
Speaker 9: Sure, and I've heard that concerned as well, and I think it comes from a good motive, but it's misplaced. When you look at at Amendment eighty, it is like the fact is the legislature could meet tomorrow in their next session and put any restriction on our rights to school choice that they want to.
Speaker 6: They don't need our permission to do that. And that, in fact, is the exact.
Speaker 9: Reason we need Amendment eighty is because you tell politicians to get their hands off your rights when you put them in the constitution. Because only the voters in Colorado can change the constitution, not the legislature.
Speaker 6: So you know the language, the operative language, This is very simple.
Speaker 9: It is the right to school choice. And parents always exercise rights in Colorado on behalf of their children, so that's also very clear. Even though the right to school choice is being given to every case through twelve child, the purpose language also says every parent has the right to direct the education of their child. That's an general precedent Colorado can't violate. So this means parental rights and school choice rights in our constitutions.
Speaker 5: This to me should be a no brainer, I mean, honestly, but is it enough of an issue to get people to say, yeah, we need to put this in our constitution. I mean, I know that we have a large chunk of our children. For any state, we have a pretty good chunk of our children in charter schools. I know that out of the top ten most successful schools in the state, a good chunk of those are charter schools or private schools. I think there's only one public high school in the top ten. So I mean, I'm just afraid there's complacency and people saying, look, why do we need this, Why do we need this now? After we have this vibrant system already.
Speaker 9: Sure and India, I actually think you're right that people tend to get complacent when you have rights that are currently protected.
Speaker 6: And you're not seeing the attacks coming on the horizon.
Speaker 9: Where we work in the education issue every day and we see what the legislature is proposing and that they're trying to, in their own words, attempts to create the beginning of the end for charter schools.
Speaker 6: In Colorado, we have the second highest population in the nation.
Speaker 9: Of charter school students. But I think a good relation that people can.
Speaker 6: See is the property taxes. Before our property.
Speaker 9: Tax spikes that happened last year. There was actually an amendment on the ballot that would have stopped whose spikes from happening and replaced Gallan with something effective, and voters voted it down because they weren't feeling the effect of high property taxes, and now then this year you saw everyone in the really said about it and wanted to fix right.
Speaker 6: I hope the same thing doesn't.
Speaker 9: Happen to school choice. That people are like, well, we have the rights, we like them, why.
Speaker 6: Put them in the constitution.
Speaker 9: And then two years from now we see major attacks succeed against school choice rights, and then people are like, oh, shoot, we should.
Speaker 6: Have passed it. Like we're basically saying, be proactive.
Speaker 9: If you like the rights you have on school choice, get ahead of the politicians, put them in the constitution.
Speaker 6: Don't leave yourself at their mercy.
Speaker 5: And what are the things that I think people don't necessarily pay attention to is the Board of Education in Colorado, And people may not realize that if you are in the Boulder Valley School District, your chances of getting a charter school approved are very very low. So the option to go and become a charter school under the Board of Education to get around from anti charter union controlled school boards is a huge thing that has to remain. But it's my understanding, and maybe you can correct me if you're wrong, since you're running for the board of Education. The makeup of the Board of Education has changed in such a way that puts those new approvals through the state perhaps at risk. Is that accurate?
Speaker 9: Yesitely, actually all going to depend on the election this November, because right now, even though it's a six ' to three Democrat majority on the board, it's full of five to four pro charter majority. But because what happened in one of the Democrat primaries this year, it's set up to be an anti charter board unless Yasmin Navarro and CD eight wins.
Speaker 6: The Board of EDC. If she wins, there's still one Democrat on the board who's.
Speaker 9: Pro school choice, in pro charter, who could still have a pro charter majority if Yasmin wins.
Speaker 5: You know, Christy, it's kind of crazy to me that this has become so politicized on the Republican and Democrat side, because there's an organization called Democrats for School Choice. So this didn't used to be a highly politicized issue. When did that happen? When did we go from everybody saying, look, we want every kid to succeed, and we want parents who know their kids better than anybody else to help them succeed, and yet here we are still having this conversation. When did that shift take place?
Speaker 9: You know, I think, honestly, Manby, it has been a shift among to your point, elected Democrats, not Democrats on the ground. We've been pulling this issue their support for school choice and keeping those rights in the constitution, you know, a majority among all political parties. And that's true across the nation because parents belong to all political parties and want their kids to succeed. But I'd say about the last ten years in Colorado, the Democrat Party has elected more people who are anti charter school, anti choice, and you know, want to In my opinion, they're leaving minority students economically disavantaged students in sailing schools and saying you're stuck there. Too bad for you, this is the only system you can choose, and studies actually show that's.
Speaker 6: What's going on.
Speaker 9: You know, when people like that get elect to office, and so Amendment eighty gives people on the ground, like Democrats on the street, who don't feel that way, who want to make sure kids from those kind of families are most vulnerable kids have the option to go to a better and different school. That's what Amendment eighty would cement and kind of push back on these politicians that just aren't representing what people in their party actually think.
Speaker 5: Well, let me read this text message I just got and people can text the Common Spirit Health text line at five to sixty six. And I know if you have questions for Christy Mandy, the commercials against ad have said that it may take money away from public education. I know my wife voted against it for that reason. Can you go through that?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 6: And you know that is what the ads are saying.
Speaker 9: They're telling people this is going to put public school funding at risk. The problem is that's a lie. And the way you can know that if you're like I don't know which campaign to believe, read the Colorado blue Book that is put together by nonpartisan analysts that always do a fiscal impact statement, which says basically, how much is this.
Speaker 6: Measure going to cost us?
Speaker 9: Zero dollars. That's not from our campaign. That's a hunty union that is from non parts and analysts who works at the State of Colorado, and they say there is no cost associated with this amendment. So I think people need to get to get the facts for themselves, because again, these ads on TV are being funded by the National Teachers Union.
Speaker 6: That's straight up line to voters, and the union.
Speaker 9: At debates have debated them a couple times they acknowledge at the debates, well, no, it's true, this isn't a voucher. There is actually no funding, but maybe one day there could be. So they actually acknowledge in person that the suggestion this causes or sorry, cost money to voters is a lie.
Speaker 5: Well, they have now done a really good job just conflating school choice with vouchers, right, They've demonized vouchers. So now the move is to tie those two things together as if they are the same when they are not. Now, I personally am pro voucher, but I think that's going to be one of those things that you are going to have to get a lot of buy in from a lot of different people before you can even attempt it in a state. It can't be done at the district level. It's got to be down at the state level, and it's going to require a lot of conversation and talking. And you cannot inflict that on people and expect it not to just end up in the courts for decades, you know what I mean. It's like vouchers. I love the idea, but the practicality of it, I have it on the back burner. I just want to make sure that parents can choose the best option for their kids. That's all I want.
Speaker 9: Add this entire thing exactly Mandy and I think, and that's what we're doing in Amendment eighty. You know, I think if you're realistic about where we are in Colorado right now, and where we are in Colorado right now is a system that has been enjoyed and celebrated protected on a biperson basis for decades, that you get to.
Speaker 6: Pick the best school for your kids.
Speaker 9: And in Colorado, if you want to put them in private school or homeschool, then like my husband and I do, you've.
Speaker 6: Got to pay for that yourself.
Speaker 9: And then the eighty wouldn't change that. But what it does say is the government can't interfere with those rights. The government can't say, oh, sorry, we're going to close down the charter school in your districts because we don't like the enrollment numbers. That as a local school doesn't matter the charter school succeeding close.
Speaker 6: It down right now.
Speaker 9: They can do that in Colorado, you know, they could ban open enrollment if they want to, which is actually used by a lot of families in Colorado to cross district lines.
Speaker 6: Go to a better school for their kids.
Speaker 9: Then the legislature could ban that next session if they want to. The only way to stop that is to put those rights in the constitution, which is very simply what Amnemin eighty does without impacting funding.
Speaker 5: A lot of textures asking a variation of this question, Mandy I heard this would allow funding of private schools by using tax money. Does it do that?
Speaker 9: Absolutely not, absolutely not, And that is what the union is spending millions of dollars saying on TV to people, And it is an absolute why.
Speaker 6: And again people can look at.
Speaker 9: The blue books take take nonpartisan analysts from the state's word for it. I mean the state is no, the current state is no fan of any conservative issue. If this were going to cost money to public schools, they would say so. They put fiscal impacts on every measure, and they have said the fiscal impact is zero dollars. You cannot get less fun than a zero dollar fiscal impact. To know, this is not a voucher, it's not a funding program, would not take money from public schools and put them into private.
Speaker 5: This person said, Mandy. The concerns I'm reading from homeschoolers is that the amendment says quality education. The concern is who determines what is a quality education. They're afraid that the government will decide exactly what that means. Can you ask Christy if there's a possibility that the government can decide how homeschoolers are taught?
Speaker 9: Great question, and I would say right now, the government could meet in next legislative session and put any restriction it wanted to on homeschooling families. It doesn't need anyone's permission or a new law to do that. That puts us you know, if you are a homeschooler, and I am a homeschooler and a homeschool grad.
Speaker 6: Actually that puts us.
Speaker 9: In a very scary situation where it's the mercy of politicians who can restrict us tomorrow if.
Speaker 6: They want to so. And then an ady, on the other hand.
Speaker 9: Would actually put the right to homeschool your kids as a school choice option in the Colorado Constitution.
Speaker 6: You cannot have.
Speaker 9: Greater protection from the winds of politicians than putting that right in the Colorado Constitution. The quality language that some homeschoolers are getting a little bit hung up on, which I understand is actually in the purpose language, and it's really really important that people understand the difference in purpose language and operative language. Operative language is the law that's good language that establishes the right to school choice in our constitution.
Speaker 6: The purpose language basically answers, why are we doing this, or we're doing this because every.
Speaker 9: Kid should have access to quality education. But that is not part of the actual law here, and so no, it does not give the government any extra permission to mess with education standards in Colorado.
Speaker 5: I guess when I just heard you say that this legislative session, the legislature could simply pass law banning homeschooling. That never occurred to me until right now.
Speaker 6: I think the home schools.
Speaker 9: Which are missing that hugely, which you know, I'm a homeschooler, so that that bothers me.
Speaker 6: They're completely ignoring that. I saw an email from them saying.
Speaker 9: Let's just be vigilant and defend the rights we currently have at the legislature. The religius sature doesn't listen to homeschoolers.
Speaker 6: They don't care what we say.
Speaker 9: They could absolutely restrict and bhand whatever they want next session, and the only way.
Speaker 6: To protect that is to put our right to homeschool in the constitution.
Speaker 5: All right, we're talking about Amendment eighty with Christy Burton Brown, also a candidate for the fourth District for the Board of Education. This is a critically important amendment to do exactly what Christy just said. This is going and let's be clear, Christy, there's no and people don't often understand this. We will pass let's see Amendment eighty passes. What we've passed is essentially the skeleton framework of what this is actually going to mean. And then they're going to pass laws, and then there's going to be lawsuits, and then they're going to put the meat on the bones of this amendment. So if we're worried about things like quality education, there are ways to address that going forward. As the meat gets put on the bones of this entire situation.
Speaker 9: Sure, and you know it's not what people are worried about, they can certainly involve themselves in any discussions later that may happen. I do think that people do need to understand, like this is a cot institutional right. Likes the freedom to speech, like the freedom of religion that we have in the US Constitution.
Speaker 6: Are there lawsuits that go on about those rights all the time? Sure there are.
Speaker 9: You know, people sue over rights to make sure they're protected. But that doesn't change the fact that we should have those fundamental rights present in our constitution.
Speaker 6: So that we're putting the government on notice.
Speaker 9: You can no longer interfere with our right to school choice. Here in Colorado. Every family gets to make the best choice for their child. You can't block access.
Speaker 5: Christy Burton Brown is my guest, Christy Burton. I know we're talking about the amendment. Well, why don't you give your sales pitch of why people should vote for you for the fourth Congressional District Board of Education seat.
Speaker 6: Oh thanks, Mandy.
Speaker 9: I am running to give parents a voice, to empower parents. You should be able to pick any kind of school that you want for your child, and I don't think the state Board of Education should block.
Speaker 6: Your access to doing that.
Speaker 9: So that's one of the fights I'll engage with on the state Board. I'll support charter schools and people's choice, so that's the kind of voice we need. Also, I have school age kids and no one who's going to be on the board next year.
Speaker 5: Right now has.
Speaker 6: School age kids, and I think that's also an important voice we need on the board.
Speaker 5: I agree, Christy, thank you so much for making time for us today.
Speaker 6: Thank you, Mandy.
Speaker 5: All right, that is Christy Burton Brown. I would love for you to vote yes on Amendment eighty, and I would love for you to vote for KBB if she is on your ballot for the Board of Education. We've got to make sure that the Board of Education remains with some sort of balance on it, because it is incredibly it's an important board. I honestly don't know why we have it, the State Board of Education perfectly, Frank, I don't understand why we have it. If we're going to do education at the local level, then do education at.
Speaker 7: The local level.
Speaker 5: Mandy, I'm sad that people have not realized yet that you cannot believe everything you see in the television ads and here on radio ads that from northern Colorado. Dan, let me just say this about that. Guys, if I sat on the radio and I said to you, if you go buy an Max bed, you are going to get laid more, you are going to sleep like the dead, and you are going to have the best life you're ever going to have. The Federal Trade Commission would come down and they would find me, and it would be ugly because I cannot back up any of those claims, right, I mean, I don't know. Maybe you don't have any game, Maybe you're never gonna get lady.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 5: But when I do my commercials, and we have to do training about this every single year about what we can and cannot say in our commercials, we can't make claims that we can't back up, right, And yet political advertising is exempt from all of that, And I genuinely don't understand that. If I were to be president, the first thing I would do was tell the FTC to pass a rule that says, if you are caught lying in your campaign ads, you have to make a donation equal to the buy that you made and the reach of any viral social media posts you put out there to the campaign of your opponent. That would stop it, real quick, real real quick, because the level of absolute lying that goes on in political ads is shameful. And if I'm a candidate, I don't know, I would rather lose than get out there and make up stuff about my opponent. I'm just that's not Maybe that's why I'll never be a politician, but it should not be. Okay, we as the American voters should not accept this. We should punish candidates who lie, but they work. That's why they do it. Because like that nice man who sent the text in and said, my wife heard a radio commercial that said it was going to take money away from education, so she voted. No, that nice lady got lied to, and she casts a ballot based on a lie, and that should not be allowed. Or they should just let me lie about everything. I mean, come on, that'd be awesome. Not really, I still wouldn't do it. Nick Treano with Unit America is going to be at a debate tonight at DU I believe I looked earlier and there was still some tickets left. Nick Troyano's joining me now, but I've got information about it on the blog today. Nick, can we do a rapid speed round of question and answer about Prop one thirty one?
Speaker 2: Happy to Mandy.
Speaker 5: First of all, tell my listeners briefly what it does.
Speaker 14: This makes two changes to our elections that will give voters a lot more choice and power in their elections. The first is in the primary instead of you're an independent choosing between a Democratic or Republican primary, everybody gets one ballot, and you can vote for the person, not the party. You can vote for anyone of any party for any office. And then the second change is that the top four finishers go to the general election, where you have the option of ranking them, not just choosing one, and this ensures that whoever wins does so with majority support through an instant runoff process. The combination of these reforms mean that no longer will just five percent of the electorate to determine the outcome of most races and low turnout primaries. But our elections will be decided in a November election when most voters cast their ballots, and we'll get leaders who actually represent a majority of.
Speaker 5: Us because we have districts in Colorado, both Democrat and Republican, that are considered so called safe districts, so they are essentially decided in the primary. Correct.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 14: The sad reality is I can go through the list of all of our legislative seats and with one hundred percent accuracy for eighty percent of them, tell you who will win today, a week more than a week out from when any votes will be tallied. That's because most of these legislative seats are locked for one party or another, and the low turnout primary determines those outcomes back in June.
Speaker 5: So in this system, if you did not want to rank your candidates, say you've got candidate ABC and D A is your candidate BC and D or communist, you don't want to vote for the those people. If you don't vote for two, three, and four, what happens to your ballot? Does it still get counted?
Speaker 14: Your ballot absolutely gets counted. And in this scenario that none of the four candidates get an outright majority of support, it's the candidate with the least amount of votes that get eliminated, and then you look to that candidate's second choice, their supporters second choice vote and redistribute an until someone emerges with a majority. So it's to your advantage to rank more because if it goes into this runoff period of time, your vote will still be in the running, but you don't have to.
Speaker 5: So one of the things that I get asked about a lot, and I'm just going to read this text message that I just got, because this really encapsulates it personally perfectly. One moment please, Manny, if one thirty one passes, Colorado will be one party rule within five years. How do you respond to that?
Speaker 14: It's actually the opposite. This is going to create more healthy competition between both political parties and may even level the playing field for candidates to compete from outside the two major political parties. And that's because we have something called the spoiler effect in our current system, where those who want to vote for an independent or a third party candidate fear that if they do, they'll take away a vote from their second preferred candidate and wind up helping to elect their least preferred Under this system, you actually get to vote your values and your views and express a fuller preference.
Speaker 2: Of your vote.
Speaker 5: That seems to be the biggest concern is that people say in Denver, they always use Denver as an example. In Denver, a Republican will never be on the ballot, to which I respond, is there a chance of Republicans going to get elected in Denver? Right now? So let's be real. I mean, I'm not trying to be flippant, but is there no? There isn't. What I see happening here is this? If it works, Nick, and God, I want this to work, okay, because I've really tossed this around in my brain trying to look at all the potential outcomes, all the potential positives, all the potential negatives. I belie believe that if candidates get it, and if candidates campaign in the right way, meaning they try to cast a broad net, right, they try to campaign to everyone, this could fundamentally change the way elections are in this country. Is that the only reason, like, why did you guys launch this in the first place. What are the underlying motives here?
Speaker 14: Well, one motive is to give voters a ballot that truly matters. You know, I've looked at my ballot today, I got in the mail. I live in Denver. Most of these races, virtually all of them have already been decided in the Democratic primary. So this reform is really about making sure that when you vote in November, you have more choices on your ballot, and your ballot actually matters. The second reason why we're proposing this reform is because it changes the incentives of candidates and elected leaders to your point, to incentivize them to reach out to a broader coalition of voters to get elected, so that when they're in office, they're actually trying to represent a true majority of us, not just pandered to the five percent of the base of their party that they need to stay in the good graces with to stay in office. So it's good for voters and it's good for governance, and that's why we think this is a pro democracy, nonpartisan reform.
Speaker 2: You can tell a.
Speaker 14: Lot by an idea, a boy who opposes it, and both major parties oppose it, Ndor Bennett Lauren Bobert.
Speaker 2: What do they have in common?
Speaker 14: Not much. They want to protect their own power. This is a pro voter, pro people reform.
Speaker 5: Why shouldn't the two parties continue to decide how we do our primaries?
Speaker 2: Well, we have.
Speaker 14: To disentangle the role that parties play from the role that our elections should play. Right now, to use the sort of sports analogy, we have two teams that are also deciding the rules of the league and are trying to be the umpires and enforcing those rules. We have to separate this out so that the parties are participating in our democracy, but they don't control our elections. Our elections belong to voters, and under this system, a government run toaxpayer funded process. This will give voters a lot more choice and power in their elections. Parties, by the way, can still continue their core function. They can recruit, support and endorse candidates.
Speaker 9: As they do today.
Speaker 5: The last question I have, and then we'll talk about tonight's event real quick. How could rank choice voting be manipulated by someone? And this is a common theory that I hear from listeners that they're worried somebody is going to run as a conservative and then take away a bunch of votes from an actual conservative. How do you see or how could this be manipulated? Have you guys thought about any of that.
Speaker 14: There's no perfect system, but ranked choice voting in general elections will reduce a lot of the gamesmanship that we see today. Republicans sometimes run and support Green Party candidates, and Democrats do the same with libertarians to peel off some votes and advantage themselves in the general election. That won't be possible or much less likely under this current system, because voters can still rank.
Speaker 6: A second preference.
Speaker 14: Likewise, there's been plenty of stories about how Democrats have spent millions of dollars within Republican primaries to support the most extreme Republican advantage themselves in general elections, That too, is greatly mitigated under this new system, because four candidates will get to the general election. So again, no perfect system, but this proposal actually reduces a lot of the gamesmanship that we see today.
Speaker 5: All right, Nick Freano with United America on the show. Right now, I lied, I have one work because this text just came in. Another common thing not true. Once your candidate is eliminated, if you haven't ranked either candidates on your ballot, your ballot is exhausted and your vote is not counted towards the final vote tabulation. Is that accurate?
Speaker 2: That is, and that's what.
Speaker 14: I did say earlier, which is why we encourage people to fill out their full ballot.
Speaker 2: But you have to.
Speaker 14: Compare it again to the current system. If you vote for saying independent, our a third party candidate, you don't have the ability to put a second choice if that candidate doesn't win and your current vote is exhausted. So relative to the current system, this allows people to have a much fuller and much more powerful say and who represents them.
Speaker 5: Let me make sure that I am clear on this. So your first initial vote doesn't count towards the tabulation. If you don't rank the other candidates, No, No, your first.
Speaker 14: Choice absolutely does, so your vote counts.
Speaker 7: You just don't.
Speaker 5: You don't weigh in on anything else. If you choose not to correct.
Speaker 14: If that race goes to a runoff, and if you choose not to rank any of the candidates that are in that runoff, then of course your other preferences don't count.
Speaker 2: It's almost like.
Speaker 14: You're voting here in Denver in the mayor's race, and the race goes to runoff. If you don't show up the second time, your vote doesn't count. So we would encourage you to do that. Under this system. The only difference is instead of asking you to come back to the polls again, we allow you to rank your backup preferences at that time.
Speaker 5: Nick Treono is my guest. Nick, we're almost out a time. Let's talk about what's happening tonight to you.
Speaker 14: Yeah, So we're squaring off against some opponents of Prop thirty one.
Speaker 2: We're looking forward to a good.
Speaker 14: Conversation and debate about this topic. And I think the biggest difference between proponents and opponents of the system is how much we trust voters. Do we trust them with more power in our system. Do we trust them that they are capable of ranking candidates one, two, three on their ballot? Proponents say yes, and that this is going to be good for voters and good for the state of Colorado.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 5: Nick Treilano, I appreciate what you guys are doing. I am a solid yes on Prop One thirty one, and I'm trying to encourage others to do the same. What we've got now. For the person who said we'll have one party rule in five years, yeah, look around. That's what we have now in Colorado, and the incompetence of the Republican Party is not going to change that anytime soon. Nick, I hope the debate goes well tonight, and hopefully we'll talk after this passes about what it's going to look like. Since the Democratic and Republican legislature decided to ban this before the voters even had a chance to vote on it, we'll talk about that later. That's NICKTORYJ. Howe with Unit America. We got that going for us. We'll be right back. Lately, a couple of things have been happening to be on the roadways. A rod my efforts and yours to bring back the wave. Courtesy wave seems to be catching on. I've got a lot of Yes, I've got a lot of courtesy waves. As of late, I'm giving the courtesy wave every chance I get.
Speaker 8: Thanks guy, Yeah, I have to hit you with the polar opposite.
Speaker 7: I have had no one giving me nobody, nil, no one.
Speaker 5: That's awful.
Speaker 8: And you know what I'm doing now, not let this cast a wave. Oh you're welcome, Yeah you will.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I f als okay, I think that's okay to give give the wave, teach them what they don't know.
Speaker 7: That's the way You're I'm gonna do it more and more obvious, got it?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Okay, Hey, I have a nice.
Speaker 8: Your dumb ant wave or excuse me, dumb and don't wave. You're getting honked at too, stop it. But I'm not just the waving thing. It's to be doing something dumb and not waving.
Speaker 5: Okay, well, then that's it perfectly acceptable. Yes, the both of those things. Now, I haven't jerked. I have a story on the blog today though, about a man who just got sentenced to ten years in prison for road rage assault. And they have the video of this. This guy's in a truck, and he said he just made an error and he accidentally went into the lane with a motorcyclist. But you watch this video and it is undeniable that he ran into a guy on a motorcycle. The guy survived luckily, but dang, it's scary to watch. But he got ten years in prison. Now, if i'm se Dot, you know what I put on those signs on the road You know, the big signs overhead. I put Albert Moda is spending ten years in jail for road rage on every sign for like a couple of weeks. And then every time someone gets convicted of doing something like that on the roadways, you put their name Albert Moda going to jail for ten years for road rage. Don't be like Albert. I think that it's a really compelling way to go after road rage because now we have these signs now like slow down, you're not in a hurry or whatever. They're all nice and everything. It's fine, but the people that need it the most are gonna ignore all the nice signs. Why don't you show them the consequences of their action. The other day, I was driving down twenty five and a kid goes flying past me auto motorcycle lane splitting and this is my least favorite thing, and it's happening more and more often. And a guy in a car about five cars up on my right, so I'm going the left lane, he's in the right lane. Did one of those like jog the wheel because we're going about We're going like ten miles an hour. You know, we're not going very fast on twenty five And I almost had a heart attack because I thought I was gonna watch this kid die because he jerked over. It was I mean, don't get me wrong, I hate the lane splitting thing. Horrible. It's not legal in the state of Colorado. Lane filtering is not lane splitting. And if you are lane splitting, you are probably gonna die because of that guy. The other guy. And this is an other thing like motorcycles. This is what scares me about riding a motorcycle, not the motorcyclist, the dumbass in the truck. Now, the most interesting thing about this and why I'm actually bringing this story up, I'm thinking about getting a dash cam because it was dash cam video from someone else's camera that that caught this guy, that caught him in the act lying about what he did.
Speaker 8: I keep needing, keep thinking about the need to get a dash can.
Speaker 5: I'm surprised at how many people have them. First of all, they're super cheap. Now they're like nothing now to have a dash cam. But I've talked to multiple people and they all have kind of different reasons for having a dash cam. One of them is, look, I I drive at night a lot. He had already hit a deer. He's like, I want evidence that I hit a deer and not another car.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I'm like, well, the dead deer would probably be evidence for that, but do what you got to do.
Speaker 7: I wouldache.
Speaker 5: An accident and it was there was multi cars and and just really got the shaft. I not go my way, and it would have if you had a dash dash can. Yep, let's put it like that right there. Kind of makes me want to get one.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 5: Maybe I'll ask for one for Christmas. Get one, get each other one. Oh that's a good idea. No, I like that. I like it a lot. Then I don't have to think at all about your Christmas present.
Speaker 7: I don't know how much are they.
Speaker 5: I don't know. I'll look on this break one more thing. I got a new windshield yesterday. It was I got it. I drove today and at one point I was facing the sun and I could see through my windshield. My old windshield was so pitted, you know, and had all the little chips and stuff in it. I did not realize how bad it was, y'all. I've probably been a minute to society. I couldn't see a damn thing through that windshield.
Speaker 7: No, probably about it.
Speaker 5: All good now, All good now, we'll be right back.
Speaker 1: The Mandy Connell Show is sponsored by Belle and Pollock Accident and Injury Lawyers.
Speaker 2: No, it's Mandy Connell, Mandy Conall, kla.
Speaker 16: AM, ninety FM, got wait static and the ninety's two three Mandyconnell keeping really sad thing.
Speaker 2: The two minute drill at two.
Speaker 7: Hey, we're gonna go to two minute morning.
Speaker 2: Wrapping fire stories of the day that we don't have more time.
Speaker 6: For play lock type. Let's call this.
Speaker 2: It'll take longer than two minutes.
Speaker 7: Try up.
Speaker 2: Here's Mandy Connall.
Speaker 17: All right, my.
Speaker 5: Friends, mooting centers and drop boxes are open, and they open last Monday, and thousands of people have already turned in their ballots. In compared to twenty twenty, we are dramatically lower. Only six hundred and thirty seven five hundred ninety seven ballots have been cast in Colorado as of Wednesday. In twenty twenty, a little over one point two six million had been returned out, double the number now. Right now, Democrats hold the lead for dropping off their ballots, and I'm urging everyone turn your ballots in. It makes to get out the vote operations so much easier, and Republicans need to get their voices heard early. To drill it too, Mike Rosen did an excellent column about the Democrat big lie on taxation and got some responses about how much the top fifty percent of income earners make as a portion of the income in the country. So he decided to take on that lie and breaks it down to show you exactly what's not counted in those statistics. If you want to know more about basic economics and how to push back on these numbers, this call is a must read. As always with Microsen, drill it too.
Speaker 11: This is a.
Speaker 5: Very interesting study. Now we all know that sleep is important, but it is really important for your brain. People with poor quality sleep have more signs of poor brain health in late middle age, and this study studied five hundred and eighty nine participants. Those who reported two or three poor sleep characteristics had an average brain age that was one point six years older than those with no more than one poor sleep characteristic, and those with more than three poor sleep characteristics had an average brain of two point six years older. It's kind of scary because they can actually show that if you don't sleep well, your brain already starts to shrink. Now here's the interesting question. Does your brain shrink because you're not sleeping well or are you not sleeping well because your brain is shrinking. Hmmm, we'll have to have another study on that.
Speaker 2: Drill it too.
Speaker 5: I love, love, love this story on Fox thirty one because I've only been here to ten years, so whenever my friends come to visit, we stand and look at this beautiful view of the Front Range, and inevitably one of them says, what is that mountain called? And if it's not Pike's Peak, I got no idea. So I'm thrilled with the story from Fox thirty one. This shows you the entire Front Range with all of the names of the mountains. So if you're new, or maybe you're not new, but you want to know a little bit more about our beautiful view. Go click on that link and check it out for yourself. I'm going to print it out and memorize them all just to say I did go to drill it too. Really interesting story about male athletes who compete as women. The United Nations did a study and the findings were compiled by the UN's Rappertoire on Violence against Women. This report was titled Violence against Women and Girls in Sports. It found that nearly nine hundred biological females have fallen short of the podium because they were beaten out by a man competing as a woman. The report said that more than six hundred athletes did not meddle in more than four hundred competitions in twenty nine different sports, totaling over eight hundred and ninety medals that according to information obtained to March thirtieth. The report says the replacement of the female sports category with a mixed sext category has resulted in an increasing number of female athletes losing opportunities, including medals, when competing against males. It's not just about medals right now. There are athletes who have college scholarships because they are men. Who say they are women and they have decided to compete as women. This is not fair. It's got to be stopped. I feel like the tide is shifting, and this is not an anti transtance. This is a pro woman stance. And what I find super frustrating about this entire argument is that the same people who for years said we had to believe all women, believe all women, believe all women, Well, they don't want to believe the women who say I don't want to get dressed next to a man in my locker room. I don't want to deal with a man in my children's locker room. I'd like to be able to compete against people who have the same bodily makeup that I have without having a worry about competing against someone who is naturally far stronger than I am. Thank you, thank you, thank you for the un We'll see if this actually does anything. As of late, we've got a trans golfer teeing up at the second stage of qualifying for the LPGA Tour card, although a group of two hundred and seventy five female golfers have signed up to say not, uh, no way. Women are finally starting to fight back, and it's about time.
Speaker 11: It too.
Speaker 5: And last story of the day. If you love those cheesy little goldfish crackers, but you're classy now because you're a little bit older. Never fear. Goldfish has been rebranded. They will officially be named Chilean sea bass from now on in order to bring in a bougie or crowd fun fact a rod. Did you know that Chilean sea bass is actually just a marketing name given to the Patagonian mantooth fish because nobody wants to buy the patagony and mantooth fish, but everybody wants to buy Chilean sea bass.
Speaker 7: Well, this is temporary, right, I believe it's just marketing.
Speaker 5: It's a marketing gimmick. Yes, and I actually love this. I love little things like this where companies try to do something creative to get a little free pub Well done, goldfish. What was the last time you ate a goldfish or talked about goldfish? I love goldfish on chili? Do you know what people put like cheese and crackers in chili? No, I just cut to the chase. I put cheese crackers in there in the form of goldfish.
Speaker 7: Can't say I've done it, but I'm intrigued. It's delicious, like the normal flavor.
Speaker 5: I do the jlipino chaddar, but they're not very spicy or the regular either, or you could do either, or they're deltion intreg Yeah, I do that. Some candy kilipinos and a dollup of sour cream. In my show, it was so good, so good. Well, the gross dollop of sour cream takes away the sting of the candy kilipinos because the last.
Speaker 6: Batch of kellie oh no, no, the last.
Speaker 5: Batch of candy jlipinos. I like spicy food, but candy calipino should be sweet and spicy. Right, These almost my face off, the last batch.
Speaker 7: Of alipinos that I made.
Speaker 5: I'll bring you some next time. Next time I make a big batch of well they normally they are because the sugar kind of you know, takes away the heat. But this last batch, I don't know what happened. Burn my face off with that. They were hot halipinos. Somebody told me once how to pick the hot jilipinos versus the not so hot jlipinos, and I'll be darned if I can remember what that was. I mean, I cannot remember what.
Speaker 7: The tip was give me the hot ones.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I usually try to do a mix right, so you get like a hot one, then you get a mild when it kind of balances everything out. I'd love to know what that tip is. If you know how to choose those, please let me know, cause it's been kind of driving me crazy for a while. Now, when we get back, I have an incredibly important question to ask, and I mean it. You can go ahead and start texting us your answer five six six nine. Oh, And I'm just gonna ask it the easiest way possible. What is the worst Halloween candy? And why is it circus peanuts or candy corn? Go ahead text me five six six nine.
Speaker 7: Oh.
Speaker 8: There you go.
Speaker 5: Mandy, you should one day interview Sam Ponder formally at ESPN just lost her job for defending women's only sports. She'd be another great interview. Yes, she was Mandy Goldfish on Chili. I'm gonna marry a woman like you. Chuck thinks it's weird. It kind of gives me crap about it.
Speaker 7: I haven't even had it yet, and I'm intrigued.
Speaker 5: I'm telling you it's delish, and they're prepped. They're like bite size. You don't even have to bust them up like you do, like a normal crap.
Speaker 7: I would probably bust them.
Speaker 5: No, you don't need to. They're small, they're little, they're itty bitty. I know they're made for tiny hands. No, you don't even have to do that. Don't even have to do it. Anyway, We're gonna take a quick time out. What is the worst Halloween candy? Why is it candy corn or Circus peanuts? We will be back right after this. We have some common ground on the text line. We asked, what is the worst candy ever? And why is it? Circus peanuts and candy corn?
Speaker 7: Nope?
Speaker 5: And you guys came through a lot of people Circus Peanuts hands down.
Speaker 7: But I forgot.
Speaker 5: I forgot about this and this texture reminded me. Worst candy, those peanut buttered taffy choes wrapped in black and orange wax paper.
Speaker 7: Black. Still not worse than the worst one?
Speaker 5: What is the worst one?
Speaker 2: Liquer?
Speaker 17: Black?
Speaker 7: Licorice will represent me? Licorice any well? The cherry liquors like, nope, nope?
Speaker 5: What are the vines?
Speaker 6: Those are?
Speaker 15: You know?
Speaker 7: Licorice red vines?
Speaker 2: Whatever?
Speaker 7: They are all gross? The worst.
Speaker 5: A lot of texts like this candy corn was made by someone who neither had candy nor corn. Do you know where they're called candy corn?
Speaker 7: They look like corn when you.
Speaker 5: Stack them on their sides. You can make a corn cob out of candy corn.
Speaker 7: Yeah, because they look like a little corn.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I like them.
Speaker 7: They're okay, not great.
Speaker 6: I don't like them. Uh.
Speaker 5: Mandy anxiously awaiting the method of understanding which jalapenos are hot and which are mild. My friend Cindy, who is the person who told me, She texted me the round bottoms when you look, they got the stem side and then they got the bottom side. The rounder bottoms are more mild. The pointier bottoms are more height. Oh no, we're trying this tomorrow on the show. Are you gonna be here tomorrow?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 5: Okay, within Monday on the show, I'm bringing in halipenios. So I committed to making a cake for Ross. Uh in there, No, no, no, no, no, it's it's a honey cake. It's called a beasting cake.
Speaker 11: And I saw it.
Speaker 5: You know, Ross was making honey now and I was like, hey, you bring me some money on again. Yeah, he has bees, And I said, you make me. You bring me some money, I'll make you this beasting cake. I looked to the recipe last night. Oh my god, it's like a project. Not a lot of honey, like maybe a little over half a cup of honey. But it's like a like a twenty five step cake situation. I might have bitten off more than I.
Speaker 7: Could chew on the candy.
Speaker 8: We need to see if the textures are as crazy or if split Gina Colorado.
Speaker 7: Morning News, Yeah five to nine here on KOA hates Totsie rolls.
Speaker 5: I could see it because really, tootsy rolls are like the h No, they're like the you Who of chocolate. Though, like you Who is a chocolate favorite flavored beverage, right, it's not real chocolate milk, it's watery chocolate. It's gross, but it is in the chocolate category. Tootsi rolls are basically chocolate and wax put together, so they're in the chocolate category. But they are so far down in the chocolate category. I mean, I'll eat them. I like it as I go to when was the last time you was like, dang, I gotta have a Tutsi roll? When did I see him? I'll have that yeah, no, never my choice. A lot of you weighing in black licorice is the worst candy. Corn is the worst Halloween candy because it tastes gross and you can easily chip a tooth. What this is an accurate statement. The worst Halloween candy is anything fund sized. Whoever fun sized candy has no idea what.
Speaker 7: Fun is fun size? Smaller bit yeah, small, like the little.
Speaker 5: And now they used to be like like you know, cup inches when I was a kid, like the fun size. Now they're they're like a tiny square.
Speaker 7: I'm not against it.
Speaker 8: When you want to dabble, but don't want to have a big, full size fun size, but it's.
Speaker 5: So unsatisfying you end up having five fun size, which is less than a regular candy bar.
Speaker 7: No, you limit yourself to one, maybe two.
Speaker 5: I don't really eat that kind of candy anymore. I'm too fancy for that now. Necho wafer candy correct. Necho wafers are like those disks of dust, like somebody was like, hey, I know, let's take some chalk and put some coloring and just the hint. They're basically the siltzer water of candy, right Like, they don't taste like anything. They taste like somebody farted that smell near the candy and that's why it tastes that way. They are terrible and they suck all the moisture out of your mouth. A lot of you circus peanuts man, Yeah, yeah, Mandy, give me three milk duds in a box of gold ten. That's not funniest.
Speaker 8: One was dangerously close to some blasphemy against Marzapan, which those little Marzapan candies are delicious.
Speaker 5: Which mars a pan oh I don't know. I've never had that is just almond paste.
Speaker 7: For me.
Speaker 5: That's one of those things that's not worth the calories. Ever, they're beautiful. They're beautiful to look out, like the pretty mars and pans that look like, you know, fruit and stuff like that. They're really really pretty, but not worth eating for me. Mounds an almond joy Bay.
Speaker 7: Get out, Get Out, one of my favorites.
Speaker 5: I have your back.
Speaker 7: No are you're wrong, Almond Joys are divine, You're wrong. Get out.
Speaker 5: This texture says make the makes the cake for ross in the shape of a hairy leg. It has to be a hairy, dirty leg and.
Speaker 7: Then you have to wash the cake before you're allowed to eat the cake somehow.
Speaker 5: No, he doesn't wash his cake. Mandy. I don't eat Halloween candy anymore, but I do indulge in Chilean sea bass.
Speaker 7: I do too.
Speaker 5: Texture, I do too, Mandy. I love candy corn and the Harvest mix. It has little pumpkins. Don't like sweet tarts? What sweet tarts are like that candy that everybody likes?
Speaker 13: Right?
Speaker 5: Does anybody not like SweeTarts?
Speaker 7: Except this?
Speaker 5: Go to I'm nice sweethearts? The chewy sweethearts were my favorite when I.
Speaker 7: Was a kid.
Speaker 5: Jalapinio heat can be measured by the stretch marks on the pepper. A nice smooth skin is less hot. There you go.
Speaker 7: That seems to be accurate.
Speaker 5: Yes, yep, yep, Okay, we're gonna take a quick time out. When we get back, we're going to talk to Aura City Councilwoman Danielle Drinsky. She is releasing receipts to back up pretty much everything she said was going on in Aurora this whole time. We'll talk to her next. Working to get Danielle Drinsky on the show. If you don't follow her on x dot com, you may have missed the last few days. As she started to put out some of the supporting documents that everyone keeps saying, well, if you have some documentation, you should probably release it. She is now releasing it on her Twitter page, and some of it is is quite interesting. Did I I am? I am, I am just clicking on the wrong things randomly ignore me while I get to the right thing.
Speaker 13: Here.
Speaker 5: She's got a documentation in the form of emails within the Aurora Police Department, and they say things like, hey, yeah, we know. Let me just let me just read read some of these emails to you. They were sent by a sergeant in the Major Crimes Homicide Unit and one of them, let me get to the other page here. One of them says that I'm just gonna I'm gonna read it to you so you can understand what is going on. So one sergeant in the Major Crimes Homicide Unit said, I'm advising that officers don't respond to these locations without an armored vehicle, talking about the apartment complexes that were taken over by Trende Aragua, the Venezuelan gang that walked across the southern border from Venezuela under the Biden hair policy positions that left the border open the cop continues that narrative is clearly debunked after this murder. I would be happy to go over this case with anyone that still denies that this is a major problem. I am being told that different people have different CIS into this organization, but cis of course confidential informants. But I don't know who those people are. I don't know if the information being provided by the CIS is getting disseminated amongst the involved units. As far as I can tell, there is an HSI FBI Task Force raven Grit. These are various departments by the way, they're gun violence, their gang violence, and so they say, an HSI FBI Task Force raven Grit GVST the gang unit, and a three detective APD Venezuela task Force, all doing lots or little with this issue, and nobody seems to be able to work with each other. My only interest in these politics is whether it assists or hinders my detectives investigat and the future investigations that are sure to come. This particular email thread was sent in.
Speaker 11: Di Di Di.
Speaker 5: Looking for the June thirtieth of twenty twenty four. June thirtieth, well before daniel Dorensky started sounding the alarm well before. She also linked to a Daily Mail story. Daily Mail has video. This is some of the video that Danielle Dorensky was talking about when she asked the governor to call her. And it is video of an encounter with police in Aurora. And there was a woman who had just given birth telling police officers she's a Guatemalan migrant. She was a resident of Whispering Pine's apartments, one of three Aurora properties that were taken over by Trende Aragua. Now for what I can tell about this video. This video is timestamped in in twenty twenty three, and this woman tells the police that the gang members came to her apartment while she was pregnant and through boiling water on her and her husband while extorting them for money. She said, they kicked the door in, they tried to find a way, they came in and threw hot water on us. The victim explained that Venezuelan criminals first came to them months ago, demanding they abandoned their apartments so TDA could take it over. So all of this stuff happened well before Danielle Dreinsky sounded the alarm well before, and we're waiting for her to call. I don't know, I just saw I sent her a text. I have no idea where she is, what she's doing. But you have to remember, and I know she was on with Ross earlier and people were texting Ross saying, you know, why doesn't she work the back channels? Why is she making this public? She has tried over again. Her comments in the Aurora City Council asking the governor to call her accomplished one thing from the governor's office. He called the police to say if she had evidence of a crime, she should give it to the Aurora Police Department. Well, we know now from seeing this video the Aurora Police Department absolutely has this information because it's their police officers on this videotape taking a report from this woman. This is just so incredibly infuriating, so incredibly infuriating, and honestly, if I'm Daniel Jurinsky, I'm like, where's my apology Governor Poulis who said that these gangs were a figment of her imagination? Where's the apology from Kyle Clark, who, once again, once again anything a conservative woman has to say, obviously is coming from a crazy person. By the way, I've been having a back and forth on Twitter from what I believe to be the people from CBC management. I have no reason to think it's not them. We'll find out on Monday. We have a call scheduled. They told me they talked to Kyle Clark for a half hour about what they had been through with the City of Aurora not helping them when they asked for it, and Kyle basically blew it off because it doesn't go with his narrative. Right, he can't make a conservative woman look stupid if he presents the fact says they actually might be. So I don't know what else Danielle has. Hopefully we'll talk to her by the end of the show, but if you follow her on X, you should. If you don't follow her on X, you should, so go ahead and check that out now if you missed. Earlier in the show, we talked about Kamala Harris, a CNN event which was an absolute disaster. I mean an absolute disaster. But I want to talk about something that is so frustrating. I touched on it yesterday, but I read the whole article yesterday afternoon, and it has to do with what we're doing to kids. And one of the biggest differences between the Republican Party and the Democratic Party is their stance on children, whether or not to have them, you know, whether or not to eliminate their lives before they even have a chance to be born, and what happens to them when they get you know, when they are actually a child.
Speaker 11: And one of the.
Speaker 5: Biggest issues I think is the left's dogged determination to keep using medical interventions on children who are struggling with gender dysphoria. They are so wedded to that they are, so that is who they are. They want to mutilate little children who decide that they are right now a boy now on the blog today, I have a very interesting Twitter thread and in twenty seventeen, and I'm not going to read the whole Twitter thread, but I'm gonna give you a general feeling for what it is. In twenty seventeen, nine year old Avery Jackson became the poster child for trans kids after being featured on the cover of National Geographic. Avery is now seventeen years old. After Avery was on the cover of National Geographic as a little boy who decided very early that he was a little girl, and his mom jumped right in and started affirming him as a girl, decided to raise him as a girl. They participated in a documentary called trans Hood along with his family and three other transgender children. During the filming of that movie, Avery told his mom that he did not want to continue his life of transactivism and his book tour, saying it had ruined his life, and his mom was shocked and then continued to dismiss those concerns. Now, by the time Avery was fifteen fourteen, fifteen years old, he had already been on a regimen of puberty blockers and cross sex hormones that had sterilized him for the rest of his life. When he decided that he was not a girl, he's just non binary. Well, he has no choice to be non binary now he doesn't have You know, he's been sterilized by a medical community who continues to do this. And I know they continue to do it because, as I said yesterday, Joanna Olsen Kennedy is part of a group of doctors that believe strongly in medically affirming children who say they are trance. And in twenty fifteen, she did a massive study that was supposed to show that puberty blockers helped with mental health, only they've never released the study because guess what, it showed nothing of the sort. And yet she defends not releasing the study that shows that puberty blockers don't improve mental health because she doesn't want to be politicized by people that don't want her to mutilate children, and they would use the information that shows mutilating children doesn't help against her. It's terrible, It's absolutely terrible. All right, we finally have Danielle Drensky. Good more, Good afternoon, Danielle. How are you try me?
Speaker 9: Andy?
Speaker 6: I am so sorry. I'm running late.
Speaker 5: That's okay. You're busy right now outing everybody posting documents, bring in the receipts about what's been happening in Aurora. And I was just telling my listeners some of the stuff that you've posted over the last couple of days. And I want to start with this, Why do you feel like you have to go to social media to get this out?
Speaker 6: Because I still cannot get the city itself, anyone at the state level, a lot of local media to tell the truth. And you know, these emails tell the truth, the videos tell the truth. You know, the woman saying that when she was nine months pregnant. You know, we're struggling to pay the gang rent. They threw boiling water on her. You know, the truth has to come out because no help is coming to rid our city in quite frankly, the state of this gang of Trendia Ragua until anyone first admits that there's an actual problem.
Speaker 5: Exactly exactly right now. Let me ask you this. You at a city council meeting asked the governor to call you. What happened?
Speaker 6: He turned around the very next morning and he called the police on me.
Speaker 5: Did did the police actually come to you after the governor made that call? Because the SNATI statement from the SNATTI spokesperson was like, you know what if the city council and then has evidence of a crime, she should turn it over to police. But police already had all this information, did they not?
Speaker 6: Well, yeah, you saw in the video the police officers in the video.
Speaker 5: Why do you think the Aurora PD has been gas lighting on this issue? Because that's the only word I can think of. They've been gaslighting on this issue. What is happening at the Aurora PD? And do you think the new chief can get this stuff strained out.
Speaker 11: I don't know.
Speaker 6: You know, you look at the dates of some of these emails and it goes back to when interim Chief art Os of Veto was here. So I don't know, I don't know what the narrative was at that time or what the plan was at that time. That that obviously carried over to interim police Chief Heather Morris. They kept up the same song and dance. You will see that many of the current division chiefs are.
Speaker 18: Included involved sending some of these emails, and the new permanent chief had kept every single person in the chief office in the same position, so obviously.
Speaker 6: He's he's listening to them. So nick narrative has now run through three police chiefs.
Speaker 2: Well, here's the.
Speaker 5: Thing about the new police chief. I'm going to give him a hot minute, right, I'm going to give him a hot minute to get his feet under him, and then you know, a few weeks a month, if everybody is still left in place, then yeah, there's there's got to be big questions and he needs to come before the city council and talk about this. I want to ask you specifically though about the city manager, because people don't realize that Aurora has a weak mayor form of governance. It's why the city manager makes a crap ton more money than the mayor makes because ostensibly the city manager oversees the Aurora Police Department and public safety. I have heard not one word from the city manager of Aurora. Where has he been? What is he doing well?
Speaker 6: And he won't because his stance is that the problem with the apartment complex is is code enforcement violations, and solely code enforce violations. So you won't hear from him. He's made his stance very clear.
Speaker 5: How is that allowed to continue?
Speaker 6: I take that question meaning that that's why I'm exposing everything that I'm exposing. How is this allowed to continue? How are people still still suffering at the hand of this transnational gang and we're still denying it? How is this okay?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I'm right there with you. I'm right there with you. Do you have more documentation that you're going to be putting out on X as it comes forward?
Speaker 6: I have money, and as it comes forward, I will be putting it out.
Speaker 5: Somebody just said, don't scare Danielle, but I hope she has bodyguards. TDA surely will make her a target. Do you worry about that.
Speaker 7: I worry about a lot.
Speaker 6: I worry about it a lot. I worry about myself. I worry about a lot of people in my life. I have thought about all of these things. Quite frankly, it haunts me. And that's another reason, Mandy, why the truth has to come out.
Speaker 9: The truth has to come out.
Speaker 5: It has to What would what could happen today if you get off the phone with me, What could happen today behind the scenes that would make you back down from releasing all this because this is more negative press for Aurora, right, And I know that, and Ross and I were talking about this today. You love Aurora, and every time I talk to you, that is one of the takeaways that I have. You're not doing this to grandstand. You're not doing this to get attention. You're doing it because you love Aurora and you want it to be better. But what needs to happen for you to say, look, we can handle this behind the scenes.
Speaker 6: Well, first, somebody could come and tell me that King, anybody from the police chief office, or a federal agent or a Colorado State patrol After first, somebody could pull me aside and say, hey, Danielle, here's a plan but we have to keep it somewhat quiet. But there is a plan, there is a plan. We acknowledge this, and there is a plan. So if somebody could could come to me first and say that and fill me in that nobody has. Nobody has. Everybody just continues to deny this. So the first thing that can happen after we hang up the phone is somebody acknowledges this. The Batter's office, the City of Aurora, the Aurora Police Department, somebody could acknowledge this. Because once it is acknowledged that we have this problem, help.
Speaker 7: Has to come.
Speaker 6: Americans will not sit by and tolerate this.
Speaker 13: Not Democrats, not Republicans, not anyone. Americans will not sit idly buy and accept this human suffering. So once it is actually acknowledged that this is in fact the truth, this is the truth, well, then help has to come.
Speaker 5: It has to well, Danielle, I'm glad, I'm glad you're doing this, and I have a lot of a lot of sympathy for you, because it's got to be incredibly frustrating to keep sounding the alarm and then have everybody around you tell you to sit down and shut up. And that's what it feels like has happened so far. So you keep doing what you're doing. We're going to keep pressing. If I could get any of the governor or Attorney general on the show, I would ask him about it. But keep doing what you're doing because the loud, you know, the squeaky wheel gets the grease, keep squeaking. Keep doing it and we will talk again. Hopefully the next time we talk we talk about the great plan that Aurora has to address this issue now and going forward.
Speaker 6: I hope so Wellmandy, thank you so much.
Speaker 5: All right, Danielle Drinsky of the Aurora City Council. A rod turned into a pumpkin. Name Grant. Hello, It's Grant everybody. Do I have somebody to play up the day against you?
Speaker 4: Do?
Speaker 7: Ryan Edwards?
Speaker 11: Yes?
Speaker 7: From Sam's Number three.
Speaker 5: Do it because now it's time for the most exciting segment on the radio of its kind in the world of the day. All right, Ryan Edwards at Sam's Number two.
Speaker 7: I'm in a crowded restaurant. That's okay.
Speaker 5: I'm proud of you for doing it that well. I had a Sam's Number three burrito for breakfast this morning and it was DELISHO so good.
Speaker 15: So good.
Speaker 5: All right, what is there?
Speaker 7: What is our delay?
Speaker 2: I imagine though, right a little bit.
Speaker 5: So I'm gonna wait till the end of the question. I'll give you a fair shake. That sportsmanship, Well, there is enough of a delay that it's not fun. What I mean, it's like I don't want to beat somebody like that. I just want to beat it normally.
Speaker 17: Well, that joke is fun for everybody. Okay, what are your dog's names? I say, Calvin and Kline. They say, isn't that a brand of underwear? He said, exactly, they're boxers.
Speaker 5: Oh god, wow, that's a long way he gets a joke.
Speaker 7: Yeah, all right.
Speaker 5: What is our word of the day, please?
Speaker 17: Word of the day. Doggedly. Maybe something was on a Rod's mind today.
Speaker 5: Doggedly is like when you're really working at something and you're working, it's like a you're really going after it kind of thing.
Speaker 7: Continuing to go athlete, Yeah, dog yes, assistant man.
Speaker 6: There you go.
Speaker 5: Today's trivia question. What is a famulous famulous f A m U L s.
Speaker 2: No idea?
Speaker 5: A famulus is no idea. The genetic profile you share with your relatives, you're famulus. That's wrong.
Speaker 6: I just made that up.
Speaker 5: A famulus is actually an assistant servants, secretarial intendent. Yeah, I made that up.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Historically the word was commonly referred he used to the assistant of a magician. There you go, here's my family. Yeah, there you go. Okay, Ryan, I'll wait till the end of the question, but you better get in.
Speaker 7: I'll do what I can.
Speaker 17: It seems like that's not a good sign Jeopardy category for today. Some choice words.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 17: The spread of those inherited traits that help creatures produce more creatures is natural this, Hanny.
Speaker 5: What is selection right?
Speaker 7: Correct? Ryan?
Speaker 14: Well?
Speaker 17: Delayed next one to unsubscerbed delayed to unsubscribe from an email list.
Speaker 5: You can this out, Mandy. What is opt out?
Speaker 7: Ryan?
Speaker 8: How bad is the delay?
Speaker 5: Seems like a couple so, yeah, it's really bad.
Speaker 7: Do we want to count to three afterwards?
Speaker 11: I'll do one.
Speaker 5: I'll do my fingers. Okay, there we go.
Speaker 4: Ryan.
Speaker 5: You're gonna have to trust me.
Speaker 17: I'm doing this a court or boxing judgment, Hanny, what's the ruling?
Speaker 7: Incorrect?
Speaker 5: Dam it's oh, I know what it is.
Speaker 7: I sud a quarter or boxing judgment.
Speaker 2: Ryan.
Speaker 5: If you don't know this, Ryan, I'm gonna be really mad at you. Yeah, what is a decision? A decision?
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, okay, come on, Ryan, I know you're a huge boxing fan.
Speaker 14: Here we go.
Speaker 17: Twelve legend, twelve letter adjective for excellent treatment.
Speaker 5: Twelve letter adjective for excellent treatments. I don't know.
Speaker 7: Ryan's got nothing as well?
Speaker 5: Ye got nothing?
Speaker 7: Preferential?
Speaker 17: Oh one, what a parent does to a better love child, or what a person limping is doing to the bad leg?
Speaker 5: Lanny?
Speaker 7: What his favor correct?
Speaker 17: All right, it wasn't the best performance for Ryan, but we'll get You know, it's a really bad I knew the first two.
Speaker 7: I knew I knew the first two, and then I just yeah, whatever is what's coming up on ESS Remote?
Speaker 2: It is hard?
Speaker 5: Yeah, what's coming up on KA Sports?
Speaker 3: We are live here from Sam's Number three Diner Bar in Glendale and we're giving away Broncos Panthers tickets. We're also entering people a chance to win a signed Javata Williams jersey as well. They signed Patzertan helmets, so all sorts of cool reasons to come down here. Jelal McLoughlin, Bronco's running back joining us right off the top of the show.
Speaker 5: All right, that's all coming up next. We'll be back tomorrow for a big Friday show. Keep it right here on Kawa