Speaker 1: Good morning, good morning, good morning, and welcome, welcome, welcome. Idiot's time now for our community connection right here on K one, the one you trust, and it's being brought to you today by Wesley and Kitty College, Tall Grass Motors are more Knee Camp Funeral Home.
Speaker 2: Today.
Speaker 1: Get Real Ministries is being represented by Kevin Knowles, the worship leader, and he's also one of my partners in music.
Speaker 3: How you doing, Kevin, Tom, I'm doing great. It's great to be here, by the way.
Speaker 1: Alrighty get Real Ministries. I understand we have Jesus Burger coming up.
Speaker 4: We do tomorrow and we'll have burgers, hot dogs music. As a matter of fact, we're bringing in a musician from Owasso, my brother.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, there you go. It runs in the family. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So what do you now at noon? This is going to be outdoors.
Speaker 3: It will be outdoors depending on the weather.
Speaker 2: Ish.
Speaker 1: Now, you're located there on the fourteenth Street on the west side of town, just right across street from the FYC, and you've been there for a good long while, but I notice more and more vehicles parking there these days.
Speaker 4: There are more and more and more and more people coming in and it's just amazing to see the growth.
Speaker 1: You've got people working there, volunteering there, and actually and also worshiping there, and it's really become a busy little place of activity, and that's a good thing.
Speaker 4: It is just seeing, you know, seeing kids fed, people who are struggling, being able to get food and clothes, and being able to share Jesus in those moments.
Speaker 3: It's awesome.
Speaker 1: So you have a food and clothing ministry that goes along you know, Jesus Burger, you're going to get bad.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, are you going to get bad.
Speaker 1: But you also have a clothing ministry that goes along with that too, and maybe a place where folks can clean up if they don't have resources.
Speaker 4: Yes, we do have shower saws on site so that they can so that they can get a fresh shower and have fresh clothes to get into too.
Speaker 1: That'd be nice, especially when it gets between you know, hotter that all get out and then you know, weater that all get out.
Speaker 2: And pick your weather.
Speaker 1: You know, it's got to be rough on the folks who are unsheltered or maybe don't have the resources. And this is where get real ministry kind of differs from a lot of different outreaches. Your church meets people where they are, yes, and some are in dire straits and some aren't. And you meet them where they are spiritually, physically, and also monetarily.
Speaker 2: We do.
Speaker 4: And with each situation wherever they are seeing them come in and get a chance for a change in their lives more than just on the inside, because sometimes they can't get stuff on the inside until they see stuff on the outside. You get that shower, get clothes or food, because when you're hungry, it's like you don't want to hear anything.
Speaker 1: No, no, you're just hungry and you're angry too at the same time. And that's I guess that's what they call hungry. And it's a real thing.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 1: It's a very real thing. You might think that I'm just using the flip and term, but no, if you're if you're hungry, your body just doesn't know anything else and it's hungry, and your ears really don't want to listen to anything anybody has to say. So I get that, I really do. So this is this is really cool. Now, how long have you been with Get Real Ministries.
Speaker 4: I've been with Get Real Ministries for about two and a half years and actually I was introduced.
Speaker 3: To them by you while playing music.
Speaker 1: So yeah, we were crossing second and we were doing the biggest show and it was basically it was a talent show. And yeah, I think it was like show number three You Me and the Gambles, and that was it. And Rando was really quite taken with you, and so was Shiloh. And conversation started and then slowly but surely, next thing you know, I hear, hey, Kevin's with us.
Speaker 4: Now, wow, I didn't think it would happen, but it's been great. And their family now are their family to my wife and kids to me, and I'll all of Get Real Ministries is family to us. It's it's amazing to say I love my family and be able to include them.
Speaker 2: Oh wow.
Speaker 1: And this does feel like a family when you get to be a part of Get Real Ministries. If you are kind of lost, and some say, well, what is it, what do you mean lost? We can be lost spiritually, you can be lost maybe sometimes cycle logically and just really down to the point where you really don't know which way is up. This is a great place to start because this is where they do some of their best work. When you've hit rock bottom. They everybody that has attended get real ministries has been there for that real experience.
Speaker 3: Everybody has that real experience.
Speaker 4: And I have to say this, everyone I've ever met has had a moment where they've had rock bottom. And so there there's when when you have that point in your life you realize.
Speaker 3: That you need to get up.
Speaker 4: And there's no better way than up, because you want stuff underneath your feet rather than over your head.
Speaker 1: Oh indeed, and when you get lifted up through the Holy Spirit, it's a whole new up.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 2: We both know this, don't wait, we've both been too.
Speaker 4: I've heard the quote, and I have to say this, It's something that I hold on too.
Speaker 3: There's no high like the most high.
Speaker 2: So I like that. I like that. Now on top of a worship leader.
Speaker 1: You do a lot of music with the church, and I think a lot of people remember you and know you from your music. You've released several albums fourteen fifteen, fifteen fifteen, and some of those have been your Christmas albums are spectacular, by the way, thank you.
Speaker 2: I mean wow wow.
Speaker 1: But everything from things that are you know, praise to smooth jazz or songs of the heart guess is what I really want to call it, because what you do, what you do with your music is you paint emotions and you very rarely use words.
Speaker 4: Who is Francis of ASSISI said, preach the gospel and if you must.
Speaker 1: And you know something, that's my favorite quote ball It really is. I've lived that for a long time and in just the way you put things together all full disclosure. Kevin and I did a song called the London Fog and you produced that and I was really surprised. I just binding my own business. And Kevin says, hey, I did a little something.
Speaker 2: With that song.
Speaker 3: What song?
Speaker 2: Oh wow, you painted that thing. That's really good.
Speaker 1: But these days you take care of the worship music within the.
Speaker 2: The services too. I do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, tell us a little bit about that, because you have a very neat little band there.
Speaker 4: Oh, we we have a great band. I think Shiloh has dubbed us the Revelators, and we my son plays drums. We we have Scott Rally on bass, Rando's on guitar and singing.
Speaker 3: Bill Lorton is playing congas.
Speaker 4: So we have the broad thing and I get to stay in my corner and do fill in spots on guitar and.
Speaker 1: Keyboard sometimes at the same time, which is still amazes me because folks, if you've never seen Kevin perform, whether it be at Sunfast or any of the fine restaurant establishments, he can play a guitar and the keyboard at the same time and not even work up a sweat.
Speaker 2: You kill me, man, you just killed me. And you do that with the with the Revelators too.
Speaker 3: They won't let me go barefoot with another thing at my feet. But ah, but yes.
Speaker 4: It is fun and I do enjoy doing doing multiple instruments. That way I can fill in and I do it not so much to be a show, but to fill in more of the sound because I want I don't want anybody to be distracted by Sometimes when there's an empty spot in the music, someone's distracted. It's like that needs something rather than thinking about you know, this is this is, this is Jesus in this moment, and I can take that. And so I want people to be able to focus and really be able to say I'm receiving from God here rather than do what's that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it does sound like it's coming from heaven.
Speaker 2: Hey, I want to get back to Jesus Burger, because I know.
Speaker 1: This happens just about every time Get Real Ministries gets together. Will there be baptisms?
Speaker 4: There will definitely be baptisms. A funny thing is with Rando and Shiloh, they sometimes they're really busy. They were doing a funeral during the last Jesus Burger and a good friend of Get Real Ministries who has a ministry or his wife still has the ministry and uh Coffeeville.
Speaker 3: But so I ended up leading Get Real Ministries.
Speaker 4: We had five baptisms during the month of June at Jesus Burger, and I.
Speaker 3: Expect there to be.
Speaker 4: It's amazing when when people come and they come forward to receive Jesus as Lord of their life, and they want there to be an outward show of what they've had happened inside and and that's where baptism comes in.
Speaker 1: And sometimes, and I've heard this a lot from Rando and Shiloh, that there are folks who will come to Get Real Service not even not even anywhere in the back of their mind there do you think of baptism? And then next segging up and we go and uh, it just happens, It just happens.
Speaker 3: It just happens.
Speaker 4: And then and then, of course, because we do have the clothing ministry, we're able to say, okay, well let's just get you in fresh close. If that's your worry, we'll get you in fresh clothes, so you don't have to worry about it.
Speaker 3: Let's go ahead and get you in.
Speaker 2: Get you in there, you go.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now that thing's mobile too, because you guys had to take that on the road a couple of times.
Speaker 3: We even had it set up at SunFest.
Speaker 2: That's where I saw it.
Speaker 1: I'm thinking, man, so you know, no one will be denied, no, no, And if you're hungry, we've got the burgers, We've got the hot dogs and everything else for the Jesus Burger. But not only are you going to get filled up physically but spiritually because we.
Speaker 4: Do share the word absolutely a little bit about what so first and foremost is sharing Jesus. You know, we have to share the Gospel. I say have to, like it's a bad thing, but but it's a necessity. And it's this, it's a drive that that we share Jesus. We share the god spool of Jesus Christ at every service and seeing people see the difference in their lives. Oh I need this, you know, I want some of that, and maybe maybe something else that's happened during the course of the service, their attitude, what they have. I want what they have, and I want people to want what I have. Rather than say, well you could get safe so you could be just like me, we do it.
Speaker 1: We do it purely coming to where you are. Like like we said before, we're meeting you where you are. Yes, and if you want to be lifted up the hand of God or ready for you, elevator up, baby, elevator up, elevator up.
Speaker 2: I hear that as a song, I do.
Speaker 3: I think there's a challenge or a challenge accepted.
Speaker 1: Don't be surprised if you get an email about three in the morning.
Speaker 2: Hey, keV, guess what, that's never happened before.
Speaker 3: Let's do it. Let's do it.
Speaker 2: It's good.
Speaker 1: So once again, we're out there on fourteenth Street. We're across from the FYC and randall allways jokes, he says. When you hear we're on the other side of the tracks, he means just on the other side of the tracks.
Speaker 3: Just on the other side.
Speaker 4: And it's funny. The address there is four to one one guess what. For those of our generation, we know that means information.
Speaker 1: There we go four one one West fourteenth Street, and uh Shiloh likes to call it miracles on fourteenth Street.
Speaker 2: She where's that T shirt? There?
Speaker 3: Not enough?
Speaker 4: I think we all need to wear that T shirt because I am a miracle on fourteenth Street.
Speaker 1: It's so so am I and so are a lot of people. It's kind of funny we see folks out and about. We just kind of wink and everybody. Everybody knows what's going on, and it's it's a pretty cool feeling. It's not like it's a private club or any think. By no means is that the deal. What we're doing is we're sharing the good news with a smile.
Speaker 2: Right all right.
Speaker 1: We will see folks noon and watch the weather. It gets too hot, we may have to move. It gets too rainy, well we'll get to move. But just watch the weather, and there will be somebody to point you where to go if you get down there in the general.
Speaker 4: Direction that there will be somebody to point you out where to go. And we will have the food, we will have the music, and we will have the word and the baptisms.
Speaker 2: And the baptism. You know you gotta like that.
Speaker 1: That's what I call a complete package. Absolutely, Kevin Knowles, thank you for being with us. Thank you Tom. All Right, folks, you have been listening to the words of Get Real Ministry with Kevin Knowles. I'm Tom Davis and this he has been our community connection.