Speaker 1: You're listening to KFI AM six forty wake Up Call with me Amy King on demand on the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: App k f I at KOST HD two Los Angeles and Orange County.
Speaker 3: Good to you, haste, Amy.
Speaker 4: Okay, it's five o'clock.
Speaker 1: And it is Friday, September twenty seventh. This is your wake up call. I'm Amy King.
Speaker 4: We're live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: Big Day, Big Day, and we get to hear that voice at Dodger Stadium for several more games because the Dodgers, sorry, and clinched the division last night with a seven to two win over the Padres Go Boys in Blue. So exciting, and so they get the division, which means they get to have a buy for the first round of the playoffs. So they'll start the playoffs October fifth at home at Chavez Ravine.
Speaker 4: Also, today's the day I'm going over the.
Speaker 1: Edge to raise money for the Union Rescue Mission, and quite frankly, I'm terrified, but I'm also very excited. I was looking at the fundraising page, which is just help the number one dot org, where I would love it if you would donate, because I'm going to be repelling off the Universal Hilton this afternoon, twenty five stories down and I was looking at some of the comments and Neil Savadra, who's also going over the edge this afternoon, said he is afraid of heights, but all the donations have really kind of helped motivate him. And I feel the exact same way. I am scared to death. But thank you so much for the donations that you've given, and if you can make donation, we would love it because we're actually hiding helping to fight homelessness with the Union Rescue Mission. And again the website is just help one the number one dot org. Okay, here's what's ahead on wake up Call. Helene has been downgraded to a tropical storm. The storm has maximum sustained winds of seventy miles per hour as it rolls across southern Georgia, and it is still causing heavy rains and life threatening storm surge. The storm made landfall in Florida's Big Bend region late last night. Aighty c's Jim Ryan has the latest on the storm, and that's coming up in just a couple of minutes. The Port of Los Angeles is closed today because of a big rig that overturned and caught fire in San Pedro. The forty seven and the Vincent Thomas Bridge have been closed since about noon yesterday. The big rig was carrying large lithium batteries they caught fire. The plan is to let the fire burn itself out, which could take up to forty eight hours. Prime Minister Benjamin Natangne, who says Israel will continue hitting hes Fu law with full force, dimming hopes for a ceasefire. US and European leaders are all pushing for a twenty one day ceasefire to give the two time two sides time for diplomacy and to avert an all out war. We're going to get the latest from Israel with ABC's Jordana Miller.
Speaker 4: That's coming up at five twenty.
Speaker 1: At five point fifty, ABC's Jason Nathansen gets a little wild with the Wild Robot and Megalopolis also hits theaters today. Is it a Megaflopolis. Jason's going to tell us, and we have tickets to the Disneyland resort to give away. I told you it was going to be a busy day. We want you to go experience Halloween time. We'll be talking with Disney Ambassador Jada about what you can expect when you head to the park for the Halloween holiday season, and again tickets to give away sometime this hour during wake up call. Let's get started with some of the stories coming out of the KFI twenty four hour newsroom. Hurricane Helene has weakened to a tropical storm hours after making landfall in Florida. It came ashore last night as a Category four hurricane, knocked out power to about two million people. Florida Governor Ron Desanti says the storm has done forecasters or has done what forecasters expected it would do with a storm surge.
Speaker 3: So you look at southwest Florida, you look at the Tampa Bay area, You're seeing really significant amounts of surge. There's going to be streets that are flooded and will continue to flood.
Speaker 1: Desanta says, the storm will head out of Florida and we'll leave it water logged for quite some time. A big rig hauling large lithium ion batteries is crashed and overturned in San Pedro. The crash yesterday on Seaside Way caused a fire that led to at least one battery exploding. The Seaside Freeway. That's the forty seven and the Vincent Thomas Bridge are closed. Firefighters are letting the battery burn itself out for safety reasons. The hpieces the Vincent Thomas Bridge could potentially be closed for up to forty eight hours. California has seen a rise in violent crime.
Speaker 5: California State Senate Republicans say their analysis of recently released FBI crime data for last year found violent crime in the state was up more than three and a half percent. Republican State Senator Brian Jones says voters can help turn things around with Prop thirty six. If the Legislature's not going to do their job, then I trust the voters to do their job on this issue. Prop thirty six with Levy harsher punishments for some theft and drug crimes. A recent poll by the Public Policy Institute of California found seventy one percent of likely voters support Prop thirty six. Blake Trolly k if I News.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers have won their third straight National League West Division title and their eleventh in the past twelve seasons. They beat the Padres seven to two last night at Dodgers Stadium in their final home game of the twenty twenty four regular season, Dodgers manager Dave Roberts and the team pop champagne in the locker room after the big win.
Speaker 6: No one said this is going to be easy. We've been through hell and back and I want to thank you guys for all sticking together believing in one another.
Speaker 4: Show. Hey, Otani, this is amazing.
Speaker 1: It's headed to the postseason for the first time in his career. He wasn't wearing goggles when the champagne was opened and says it stung a little.
Speaker 4: He'll learn right now, though. Let's go to ABC's Jim Ryan.
Speaker 1: So, Jim, we had one hundred and forty mile per hour winds, flooding rain, a twenty foot storm surge.
Speaker 4: Hurricane Helene arrived late last night.
Speaker 7: Yes, and I think it did the kind of damage that people were anticipating, a lot of storm surge damage as storm surge ten to twelve feet in some places.
Speaker 4: Amy, which isn't nearly as bad as we were expecting.
Speaker 7: I mean, it's awful, it really is. And those low lying places are just hearing from the mayor of Gulfport, Florida, which is on it has Tampa Bay on one side, the Gulf of Mexico on the other, and he says that downtown area is just underwater right now. But not only do the storm surge cause flooding issues, You've also just got twelve to fifteen inches of rainfalling that's creating flooding in other parts of the area. Parts of the southeast now dealing with this. We know six fatalities, including one in Florida, for in Georgia, one in North Carolina. So it's kind of spread out across the entire region.
Speaker 1: Do we know what it was? Were people being not smart about it? Because man, they had those warnings out and they told people this is going to kill you.
Speaker 4: You need to get out of the area.
Speaker 7: Well yeah, and I think by and large people did he those warnings. They once bit twice shy. Just thirteen months ago, Hurricane Idalia struck the very same area that the landfall for Adallia. It's about ten miles from the landfall point of last night's Hurricane Helene. Then people saw the extreme damage that was done last year by Adallia, and I think this year they decided to buy and large it. They were just going to pack up and get out of there, so so, and as is the case with every hurricane, it's not necessarily the storm surge. It's not drowning here, it's not being hit by debris flying debris during the wind. It's the events afterward to take the lives. And that's what we've seen here. One person, one person who died in Florida. A sign fell onto a car and crushed that person. Two people in Georgia were killed in a tornado that was spout off by Helene.
Speaker 1: And they're expecting a lot. They're expecting tornadoes in Georgia, the Carolina's, southern Virginia.
Speaker 7: The tornado watches are still in place out there. A little by little the hurricane watches and warnings are dropping off, but we're still looking at the possibility of tornadoes being spun off by this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and now it's downgraded, it's now tropical Storm Helene.
Speaker 4: It is, but still packing like eighty or ninety mile an hour winds, Well.
Speaker 7: It is, I mean, there's still pretty powerful winds. But it's really the rainfall now that's going to be the major problem associated with it. If I look right now what we're seeing tropical Storm Helene, that maximum sustained winds are about sixty miles per hour. The barometric pressure, the central pressure is rising and that's a good thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And how long do they know how long it's going to be before it completely just dissipates.
Speaker 7: Well, it'll be this weekend sometime probably sometime tomorrow afternoon or early Sunday. And it's moving very fast, and when we're talking about it, dom Yeah, it is good. The cruising along at thirty miles per hour right now, that's pretty fast. And so yeah, once it gets up into the Carolinas, it's going to sort of take a job to the left a little bit toward the west. Kentucky is going to see some effect from this. Ohio as well.
Speaker 4: It's amazing. And how big this storm is.
Speaker 1: I mean, like it's they were saying it's like five hundred miles across or something crazy.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it blought it out a big part of the eastern golf of Mexico as it was coming up alongside Florida. So yeah, big storm, Harry storm and very very powerful.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then the other thing that I think is really going to be eye opening is that it made landfall late last night. So all of this damage happened in the middle of the night, and I think they're going to get a first look at it as it turns to daylight. I'm seeing pictures on TV and it's just like, oh my god, I've just and cars underwater and neighborhoods underwater.
Speaker 4: It's just crazy.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's going to be a weekend of doing an assessment, first of all, trying to find everybody who might be missing, then beginning the cleanup process. And boats have been in the water today, all up and down there, first responders and National Guard and everyone else trying to make sure that everyone who was trended did get rescued. Something like two hundred water rescues in Tampa alone.
Speaker 8: Wow.
Speaker 1: But the good news is we will clean up, they will rebuild. Thanks to first responders for helping out. I'm sure they have saved a ton of lives, so we'll be watching.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much, Jim Ryan. All Right, have a good weekend.
Speaker 1: Let's get back to some of the stories coming out of the KFI twenty four hour newsroom. Two people have been arrested after a plane filled with drugs made an emergency landing on a highway and ocean side authority say the pilot told air traffic controllers that the plane's engine was failing. Early yesterday morning. The plane, which had departed from Mesa, Arizona, was searched after it landed on the roadway and the large quantity of narcotics was found inside. Two people on board were arrested. News brought to you by American Vision Windows. The La Metro board has called for more safety measures after a fatal shooting on a bus this week. Board members expressed their sorrow yesterday for the death of the passenger on board the hijacked bus. La City councilwoman and Metro board member Katie Yaroslovsky says more needs to be done to improve people's safety.
Speaker 9: We make our system safe through station activation, among other ways.
Speaker 8: We harden the system, but we also get people down in it up on top in the plazas.
Speaker 1: Metro expects to install barriers in all of its buses to protect the drivers by the end of the year, and is exploring weapons detection technology. Former President Trump set to meet with Ukrainian President Zelenski today in New York. Trump posted a letter on his social media platform saying Zelenski asked for the meeting this Morning. Vice President Harris met with Zelensky this week. She says Trump is advocating for surrender in Ukraine. New York Mayor Eric Adams could appear in court on charges that he accepted illegal campaign contributions and free overseas trips from people looking to buy his influence. Adams is scheduled to appear before magistrate judge today, but his lawyer has asked for a delay. Aaron Katurski says the indictment charging Adams was unsealed yesterday.
Speaker 6: Fivecount indictment tells a fulsome story of alleged bribery, fraud, and cover ups. The mayor is accused of taking more than one hundred thousand dollars in graft, including stays in high end hotel suites and business class travel, in exchange for using his influence to help Turkey.
Speaker 1: Adams says he is innocent and claims he's being targeted for complaining about the surge of illegal immigrants in his city. The first trailer for the second season of the hit series The Last of Us on HBO has dropped. Oh yay, but you're still gonna have to wait a while. It's not gonna be released until early next year. The trailer is narrated by new guest star Catherine O'Hara and apparently gives spans their first look at the events set five years after the first season Can't Wait. About two million customers have lost power now as tropical Storm Halleene churns across the southeast US. The storm came ashore as a Category four hurricane with winds of one hundred and forty miles per hour in Florida last night. The storm is impacting Georgia, the Carolinas, and southern Virginia strong winds, heavy rain, flooding, and possibly tornadoes. Governor Newsom has vetoed a bill that would have increased accountability for state spending on the homeless crisis. He says the bill is unnecessary because there are already reporting laws in place. Newsom's administration has been criticized for being unable to show results from a billion dollars released to local governments to set up homeless shelters. Manager and former Oakland outfielder Mark Kotzei fought tiers back as the A's played their last game at the Oakland Coliseum. The team has called the Colisseum home since nineteen sixty eight, complete with its plumbing problems. Apparently there are possums and even stray cats at the stadium. God Say says he'll treasure that game for the rest of his life. Let's say good morning now to ABC's Jordana Miller. Jordana as if Israel wasn't already dealing with the war in Gaza and cross border attacks that have been going on for ten months between Israel and has Belah. A missile was fired from him and yesterday.
Speaker 9: That's right. It's not the first time that the Iranian BAC twuties have fired on Israel. They've actually been doing it for most of the war. The difference is that usually the Americans or the Israelis intercept those missiles or rockets or drones heading towards Israel.
Speaker 1: The drones heading toward Israel. Wait is Jordanna, Oh we lost her?
Speaker 4: Shoot?
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, we'll see if we can get her back, because there's a lot going on. We know that Natan Yaho is speaking to the United Nations today and I think we're just getting her back.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: See what happens when we're talking to people across the across the world, all right, we're back with with Jordana. So Jordana, go ahead and tell us again we're talking about the missile strike from Yemen.
Speaker 4: But that wasn't the first one.
Speaker 9: But I said it wasn't the first time that the running back Tookies have tried to fire on Israel. They've been doing it pretty much since October. But usually the Americans of the Israelis are able to shoot down or intercept those missiles. This one appears to have penetrated and gone undetected for some time until it came close to Tel Aviv, where it's set off sirens and the Israeli's intercepted it. Nobody was hurt. And it follows a missile that the Hooties fired a couple of weeks ago that fell in a forest between Dreuce Woman and Tel Aviv, and then a couple months ago they actually managed to a drone actually crashed into a building in Tel Aviv's killing one. So the Hooties have had a quote unquote more success than I think many people realize that the outset of this war, given remember it's a long flight path for those drones and missiles. It's they're in the air for ten eleven twelve minutes. The drones were in for a lot longer, but the missiles and that's so, you know, Ajel says, it's investigating why it wasn't picked up and shut down earlier. Again, thankfully nobody was hurt. But what a scare at twelve forty in the night. You know, people were jolted out of bed, about a million people across central Israel.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: And then yesterday Jordana, we were talking about the possibility of a twenty one day ceasepire that the US in European allies were pushing for.
Speaker 4: But Prime Minister Natanya, who's pushing.
Speaker 9: Back, Well, he's doing a big zigzag on this.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 9: He said that, you know, the reports of an imminent ceasefire were incorrect, and he tried to dismiss Israel's participation in these times, initially saying no, no, no, the Americans and the Europeans are putting it on the table, but Israel hasn't really responded. Well, turns out that's not exactly true, and it looks like N'ataiell was initially putting out those remarks. There was a huge backlash here in Israel, not only from the right, his own party Afar right, but even the left, who are saying, what, you know, we haven't heard a thing about this, and so he really tried to walk it back.
Speaker 6: But today his office put.
Speaker 9: Out a message saying what we knew, which is that Nataniel has he is taking part in talks for a ceasefire along the Lebanese border. We don't know the details or how quickly it will come together, but those talks are underway. It's a you know, I think for many it's a good sign. And even Israeli leaders, if we you know, follow what they've been saying for many months, they prefer a diplomatic solution to the problem with Hasbalah on their northern border than a full fledged war. Right they're preparing for the worst, but hoping for the best, and that best is a US broker deal. So you know, they are talking about this and we're obviously following it, and you know, it could prevent this from turning into a major, full scale war. Israel right now is carrying out an aerial bombardment of a well positions, but that's still you know, better quote unquote than a ground incursion into Lebanon. And you know, and and dozens of Mitchell being fired at Central Israel.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, well we will will hope that Cohler heads prevail and watch what happens.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Jordana, appreciate it, and we'll talk to you soon.
Speaker 9: Yes, question, have a good weekend, all right you two.
Speaker 1: Let's get back to some of the stories coming out of the CAMFI twenty four hour newsroom. Firefighters in the San Bernardino Mountains have been dealing with flare ups and hotspots within the fire that started in Highland. Officials pockets of unburned fuel have been burning mainly in the Bear Creek drainage area, and that the fire made significant runs uphill towards the Snow Valley Resort, which was expected. The fires burned nearly forty thousand acres. At September fifth, it's eighty three percent surrounded. The nearly fifty five thousand acre fire that started in the Angelus National Forest is ninety seven percent surrounded. Firefighters yesterday were mopping up, investigating smoke and putting out isolated heat sources, and the fire that started in Orange County and burned into Riverside Counties ninety five percent surrounded. That one has burned more than twenty three thousand acres and also dozens of homes since September ninth. Over the next several days, crews are going to be working in Tribuco Canyon cutting down trees that were heavily damaged by the fire by are still standing or that pose a serious threat of falling. A group of slammed Governor Newsom for vetoing a reparations bill that creates a process for black families to reclaim stolen land.
Speaker 10: I just feel horrible for so many of the people who have been harmed by imminent domain.
Speaker 11: Where's My Land founder Kavan Ward says it's deflating because Newsom signed a similar bill in twenty twenty one which allowed a black family to reclaim Bruce's Beach, which Manhattan Beach had stolen one hundred years ago for racist reasons.
Speaker 10: The governor's moves to kill this bill were heartless and it shows that he does not care about report of justice and black people in this state.
Speaker 11: Newsom says this veto Wednesday was because the bill required a state agency that does not exist to implement the legislation. Corbin Carson kaf I.
Speaker 1: News the person in the San Fernando Valley has died of West Nile virus, the first death reported in La County in twenty twenty four. The County Department of Public Health says the patient died from neurological illness caused by a severe case of the Mosquitos spread West Nile virus.
Speaker 4: Okay, so I.
Speaker 1: Mentioned that we're getting closer to going over the edge, and what we're doing is raising money for the Union Rescue Mission because did you know seventy five thousand people in the LA area are homeless and about fifty two thousand have nowhere to go at night. Well, the Union Rescue Mission helps, and the Union Rescue Mission goes beyond feeding people. It also works to get people off of the streets permanently. They have transitional housing. They've got some really amazing program and they do it privately funded. Because there's shelters are dry. That means you can't have drugs and you can't have booze in these shelters. There's families and there's children in these shelters, and because they won't allow drugs and alcohol into the shelters, they don't qualify for government funding. I know it sounds very counterintuitive, but anyway, it's privately find funded and we're raising money to actually help people. So if you can help, just one, just go to just help one dot org. That's just help the number one dot org. And I would love it if you would sponsor me. I'm repelling twenty five stories down a building this afternoon. It's the Universal Hilden, this big, beautiful black hotel. And yeah, and anyway, if you could donate, I would appreciate it so much. Again, the money is going to a good cause. We know it's your hard earned money, and we hope that you can, you know, give up a Starbucks or two, make a donation and help us raise money to fight homelessness and actually get people off the streets. Just help one dot org. There's a team iHeart button right on the homepage. And then you can donate to me, or you can donate to Neil Sevadra. He's also going over the edge. He's going at eleven. I'm going at three point thirty. Wish us luck. Helene has made landfall as a category for hurricane packing one hundred and forty mile per hour winds in a storm surge of more than ten feet. The storm changed directions, so the worst of it didn't hit Tallahassee as expected. The storm's been downgraded. It's now moving inland into Georgia, the Carolinas, and southern Virginia, but still expecting heavy rains, high winds, possibly tornadoes. Several lawmakers in New York, including Representatives Alexandria Occasio Cortes and Nicole Malatochus, three Democratic candidates for mayor, and several state senators and city council members, are all calling for New York City Mayor Eric Adams to resign. He's been indicted on bribery and fundraising violation charges. Governor Kathy Hokel, who does have the power to remove Adams from offices, she is assessing the situation. The demolition of one of the longest wooden piers on the West Coast has been approved by the San Diego City Council. The ocean side pier was destroyed by fire five months ago. The plan is to take down and then rebuild a new pier at a cost of about seventeen million dollars. The project's going to take about three years. Engineers say extra protocols will be in place to protect marine wildlife during the demolition at five point fifty. ABC's Jason Nathanson gets a little wild with the Wild Robot and Megalopolis hits theaters today. Jason's going to tell us if it's a Megaflopolis, get it. So much to see and so much to do this Halloween season. So we're going to be sharing some of our favorite Halloween haunts with you between now and Halloween. And how could we do Halloween without doing Halloween Time at the Disneyland Resort. So let's say good morning now to Ambassador Jada. Jada, what can we expect when we visit the spookiest place on Earth?
Speaker 8: Well, Amy, good morning. There is so much to see. Like you said, Halloween Time is here at Disign Resort now through October thirty first, and we have Jack the Halls with everything, we have Halloween Core, we have Halloween Time overlay and different attractions. There's so much food, there's merchandise. There's quite a lot to see.
Speaker 1: Okay, so we're going to break that down a little bit. You said there's so much food, and I went and looked through. There's like a foody guide that you can go on the Disneyland app and you can see all the specialty foods that they have that are specifically for Halloween time, And do you have an like, just off the top of your head, how many specialty dishes you have just for Halloween time?
Speaker 8: Yeah, so this year there's a lot. I want to say, there's about like two hundred and over one hundred of those are brand new this year, so there is quite a lot to see. You can go on a whole food tour just to experience Halloween times.
Speaker 1: It's a frustrating time for me because I know that I can't get through all of the offerings that you have. Do you have any favorite shada that you want people to know about?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 8: Man, where to begin? I the other day I had the TV brought what was it, the phantas and garlic cheesey brought over at Idolized Snacks.
Speaker 4: I've seen the pictures of that. It looks so good.
Speaker 8: It's so good to brought worse and like a cheesy garlic pretzel bread it's, oh my gosh, checks kiss. And then if you're looking for something sweet over in Disney California Venture Park, there's also the Mater's Halloween Cone, which is it's like an ube soft serve and they have black sprinkles on top you can get in a cup or cone. I grew up eating ube, so it's really it's a classic. It's very nostalgic.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 1: And there's like you said, there's specialty food almost at all of the restaurants and all of the carts. I mean there's you just look around and you'll see it because it's it's literally everywhere.
Speaker 8: Exactly everywhere.
Speaker 4: Two hundreds okay.
Speaker 1: And then you you talked about the decorations, which I I mean, everybody loves Halloween decorations, but Disney does it up in style like talk about cars Land.
Speaker 8: That's right. I'm glad you mentioned Carsland because that's probably my favorite picture spot all year round, but especially right now. So Reguator Springs becomes Radiator Streams. If there's one thing that Carsland loves, it's a pun. So there is Halloween decor all over the place. So you can see the decor all across through at sixty six. And then two of the really beloved attractions in cars Lands. You have Mad's Junk Yard Jamboree is now Mader's Junk Yard Jambouree again with the puns, and then down the Road over at Luigi's walkin Ropesters it's right now, it's Luigi's Honkin Halloween. I love it.
Speaker 1: And also in California Adventure Park if you really want to get scared, Guardians of the Galaxy has a special Halloween time overlay.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, so over in the evening time, Guardings of the Galaxy transitions over and it is Monsters after Dark. So if you stick around, you know, of course the mission breakout. You've broken out the monsters that now you kind of have to go on that mission because the monsters are on about. So it's a really fun one. It's an exciting way to experience the attraction with some different theming. I love that one. It's probably one of my favorites. Sturt Halloween Time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then when you come back over to the Disneyland Park, you're greeted with a giant pumpkin and there's just decorations all up and down Main Street and all over the park. And of course the Haunted Mansion has reopened. It was it was closed down for refurbishment and they were doing some changes to the queue and stuff. But it's open and it's Halloween and Christmas themed.
Speaker 8: It is have you had a chance to go over there and experience it yet.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, just win a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's so awesome. Yeah. So, like you said, you can join the virtual que if you want to experience the Haunted Mansion Holiday. So of course it's huguely Haunted Mansion, but during this time of year transitions over because Santa Jack comes into town and Jack Skellington his friends, they you know, they take over Haunted Mansion. It becomes the Haunted Mansion Holiday, which is inspired by Tim Burton's at Nightmare before Christmas. And every year they have the gingerbread that changes each year and it smells so good when you pass by during that time. I don't know if you got a whiff of that when you experience the attraction, but it's definitely a fan favorite.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 1: And the other thing is cool is I love that the characters who are out and about in the park and in both parks, they have special Halloween time costumes.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Have you seen Pluto? I think Puto's my f He's a little pumpkin. Yeah, I love it. So they're all over the park, or you can, like you said, if this is a just an app you can actually see where you can meet our fun characters, but it doesn't just send there, so they're all over the park. But I don't know if you know this. In Disney California Adventure Park, they actually have Mickey's Trick and Treat well, so you can see some of making his friends. And this is an offering that's usually exclusive to the Ogi Bogie Bash, but this year we've brought it to all of our day guests. So that's definitely a messy if you want to see some characters and also some fun entertainment.
Speaker 1: I love that that you're expanding that and offering it to people during the day too. And then let's move to nighttime because there is fireworks and they're Halloween theme too.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 8: So Halloween Screams. We talked about the iconic pumpkins, So if you're right in front of the Pumpkin on Main Street, USA, you can see Halloween Screams. And it's not just on the castle, but they have projections all over Main Street, USA. And actually, just a little insider tip, I actually love watching Halloween Screams or any of the nighttime spectaculars. We're at the rivers of America because we also have some projections over there, there's a little more space and over on the other side of the parts, you can also see it. It's a small world, so there's a lot of space to see Halloween Screams and catch that that night time show where you get to see all of your favorite villains kind of taking over the land.
Speaker 1: It's really cool Halloween time at the Disneyland Resort, the scariest place on Earth.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Jata. Then that sound fun? Don't you want to go? Okay, we've got tickets for you.
Speaker 1: The number to call is one eight hundred five two zero one KFI. The Dodgers are the National League West Championship.
Speaker 4: Let's see, let's strick that over.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers are the National League West Division champions That's what I meant to say. Their first playoff game is Saturday, October fifth. It's at Dodgers Stadium. Going to be such a good time and you can listen to every play of every playoff game on your home of the Dodgers, AM five seventy LA Sports and NHD on the iHeartRadio app Keyword AM five seventy la Sports powered by Zenshi Sushi, Fast Fresh and Easy Go Dodgers. More than twelve hundred flights in the US have been canceled because of Hurricane Helen, many of them into or out of Tampa International Airport. As of last night, flight Aware was showing about forty three hundred flights delayed. Aleen made landfall in Florida's Big Bend region with maximum winds of one hundred forty miles per hour. The tropical storms churning across the southeast with life threatening flash flooding, river flooding, damaging winds, and even tornadoes. The FBI says there's been an increase in threats against schools in southern California over the past couple of weeks. The FBI says the non credible threats are coming through social media and letters to schools almost daily. Schools in Santa Ana, LA, and Burbank of All received threats in recent days. An eighteen year old is suing the man who's auctioning off Dodgers Superstar show Hey Otani. He's fifty to fifty ball that was hit in Miami. The young man is suing because he says he caught the ball but then it got yanked out of his hands during a scuffle in the stands. Golden Auction says they know about the lawsuit and say that bidding on the ball is going to get underway today.
Speaker 4: The starting bid five hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: We're just minutes away from handle on the news this morning, Boeing can't catch a break.
Speaker 4: There's another problem. We'll tell you about that right now.
Speaker 8: Though.
Speaker 1: Let's oh, before we say good morning to Jason, let's say congratulations to James Ready of Corona.
Speaker 4: Congratulations.
Speaker 1: James said he's never won anything before, and when you win, you win big, James. Because James just won a four pack of tickets for a one park one day ticket. Did I say that right, I'll say I'll do it again, a four pack of one park one day tickets to the Disneyland Resort to go check out Halloween Time. Congratulations James. You can get more information about Halloween Time Disneyland dot com. Okay, now, let's say good morning too, Jason Nathanson with ABC. Jason, we have so much to get through and not a lot of time, so let's try to power through everything.
Speaker 4: First of all, we got.
Speaker 1: Francis Ford Coppola's movie Megalopolis, hitting theaters. It's a passion project for Copola, and so the question is is it great or is it a mega flopolis.
Speaker 12: Yes, this is decades in the making for Francis Ford Coppola here for this film, which is something that he, you know, has earned the right to do. With this stage in his career, He's given us so much great stuff from The Godfather to Apocalypse Now and so so many more things that you know, it's.
Speaker 4: A sketchy lead in Jason.
Speaker 12: When he has stuff that he wants to do that he can, he's earned the right to do it. And this film, which is the basic premise here is you have Adam Driver who stars as a guy named Caesar Catalina. This whole thing is a Roman fable. It's set in the city of New Rome, which is basically New York but a little bit in the future. Caesar Catalina, Adam Drivers' character, is a genius artist who wants to kind of create a utopian city called Megalopolis. Frank Cicero is the mayor played by Giancarlo Esposito, who's kind of corrupt a little bit and against him. And then, of course Adam Drivers's character falls in love with the Mayor's daughter Julia Cicero played by Natalie Emmanuel and the two were kind of star cross lovers there. That kind of makes sense. The movie itself makes zero sense. Really, you have no idea what is going on in this film as you are watching it?
Speaker 4: It is I got that from the trailer.
Speaker 12: My notes if these are these are my actual real notes as I'm watching it? What the bleep is going on? Huh? This is bat bleep crazy? How dare you, Francis Ford Coppola? How am I bored and annoyed and sad and angry all at the same time. Wow. In the theater I was watching it in there were maybe six or seven people total. At least two of them walked out part way through, really, which is it's a huge percentage for a theater with six people.
Speaker 1: So the interesting thing is I saw I saw a trailer for it. I don't even remember where because I haven't been to a theater in a little bit. I just saw it not too long ago, and I went, oh, this is coming out Like I hadn't heard anything about it either.
Speaker 12: Oh okay, I mean there have been a bunch of you know, news stories and articles. There was a fake trailer, there's the Premier Cans. It's gotten a bunch of attention, but maybe if you're not only if you're you know, like really inside movie circles in paying attention, it's not gonna make a lot of money this weekend. France Ford Kopla spent one hundred and twenty million dollars of his own money on this. He leveraged his wine business in order to do it. It reminds me a little bit of Kevin Costner and Horizon, which came earlier this year, which he self financed. He had his vision. The thing is with these guys and again and the right to do that, they've had, they've had great careers, and they also get people like Adam Driver and gian Carlos Bosito and various other actors to go along with their vision because they've earned it. And the people say, Okay, this guy knows what he's doing. I'm gonna trust him and we'll see how it turns out. It doesn't always turn out well, and there's a reason why there are studios to say no to these guys in the process of a lot of this stuff, because you're trying to if you can have a vision but if you can't translate your vision to the audience, then something is going wrong. So it's okay to have this wild vision. And I know he's been talking about in videos how people aren't appreciating it. Years from now maybe they'll get it, and maybe they will, but I don't think that that's the case here. You know, I don't think the people who've seen it so far are stupid or dumb or you know, don't get art or anything like that. It just doesn't really work. It's it's just it's true over the top. My only the saddest thing about this for me is that not everybody is going to see it so we can all talk about it because you have to see this film. It is so crazy that it's like it's so bad it's good type thing.
Speaker 4: Okay, so when you go take notes, please do.
Speaker 12: And that that was the thing I was most sad about yesterday, is coming out of it. There were there was like two people that I could talk to about it. I want to talk to everybody about it. It is a out of ten. It is a the lowest score that I have ever given, I mean, maybe ever will give. It is a one point three out of ten.
Speaker 4: One point three on the jsonometer.
Speaker 1: Okay, hopefully you're going to have a little bit better one for this one. Wild Robot is in theaters. I cried when I saw the trailer, and.
Speaker 12: A lot of people are talking about how they've cried. This is an animated film. I didn't get a chance to see it, so I can't tell you if I cried or not. But it's getting great reviews. It's good Win the Weekend. It's about a robot who lands on an uninhabited island and must learn to adapt to the her surroundings. It gives you a little bit of a wally vibe, but from what I understand, you know, not derivative or it's its own thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it has interactions with a little baby duck and there you go. It looks really cute, I will say, just from the trailer. So I'm gonna throw my support about that behind that one. Okay, let's go over to the stream. Of course, we're almost out of time. Is everyone gonna want Nobody wants this?
Speaker 12: I don't think anybody's not. Everybody's going to want nobody wants this. This is a new rom com show on Netflix starring Kristen Bell and Adam Brody, who do their best to pull this off, and they are charming enough to be able to do it, but the script itself is kind of I found it kind of dumb. Their characters. I think she plays a podcast host, he's a rabbi. They're dating, it's all you know. Her podcast is all about her dating life. They feel a little old to be doing. The actors themselves are both forty four, and you know, he's getting harangued by his mom is very Jewish, very stereotypical mom who as a Jewish person, I thought the Jewish women in this thing were kind of offensive stereotypes. I did not. This is like Emily in Paris Territory for me, which you've if you've heard me on KFI, you know it is not my favorite type of thing. But I'm it, but it can't maybe again, Like I said, Kristen Bell and Addam Brody are charming enough to kind of pull this off, but almost two sick sickeningly charming.
Speaker 1: Okay, and then everybody wants this though. Brad Pitt and George Clooney.
Speaker 12: In a new movie called Wolf's which is kind of an action thriller comedy Reteeming. The Ocean's Eleven Stars didn't get a chance to see Wolf's but it's getting mixed reviews.
Speaker 4: But it's a movie. It's not a series.
Speaker 12: It's a movie on Apple TV Plus and you can watch it yourself.
Speaker 1: Okay, we'll do it, all right. I think we've got our work cutout for us, don't we. Thank you so much, Jason, all right, I gotta go see Megalopolis now, just because it's so bad. Please do all right, thank you, Jason, all right, and with that we're done. This is KFI and KOST HD two Los Angeles, Orange County. We lead local live from the KFI twenty four hour newsroom.
Speaker 4: I'm Amy King.
Speaker 1: This has been your wake up call, and if you missed any wake up call, you can listen at any time.
Speaker 4: It's on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: You've been listening to wake Up Call with me, Amy King. You can always hear wake Up Call five to six am Monday through Friday on KFI AM six forty and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.