Speaker 1: And now your host of Dodger Top Tim Kakes.
Speaker 2: The Dodgers go all the way over to Japan and take two from the Chicago Cubs, a six to three victory here on this Wednesday. Thanks for being with us here on Dodger Talk. Eight six six nine, eight seven two five seventy is the number. Eight six six nine eighty seven two five seventy. A game that started at three ten a m. Pacific. The Dodgers come away with a victory. Three home runs in the game. Roki Sazaki got the start, win three innings, a lot to dissect. Eight six six nine eighty seven two five seventy. Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy.
Speaker 3: Dodgers get the win show.
Speaker 2: He Otani goes deep, a home run from Tommy Edman, a home run from Keik hernandez As the Dodgers go two to zero in Japan. Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy. A great series in Japan, a great series for the game of baseball, and a moment in the game today. Sixth inning, landing knack on the mound. Ian Hap hits a foul ball down the third base line. It's a short wall down the third base line. Max Munsey's going to make a play on the ball. He's got a beat on it. The ball looks like it's about a road deep.
Speaker 3: In the stands.
Speaker 2: What a fan stands up with a glove and snatches the ball out of the air, preventing Max Munsey from making the catch in the stands, fur and out against the Cubs.
Speaker 3: And who is that fan?
Speaker 2: Rodney Pete, our own Rodney Pete here on a five to seven the LA Sports and now Rodney Pete is the face of social media globally.
Speaker 3: Rodney, how you doing, my friend?
Speaker 4: Oh, Timmy, Timmy, I'm good man. But I didn't know. I didn't know such a thing could go so viral, was so quick, it was it was crazy. It was crazy. But I got to tell you, Timmy, I was thinking of protecting my wife, Holly. That's all I was thinking about. And didn't really take a peek at Max coming and how close he was that we were sitting in the second row. But it started curving back. Man. The only thing I could think about is, Okay, I can't I can't let that ball hitter or me in the head. So let me try to reach out and catch it. Uh, and then I saw his face once I caught I saw his face and he was I was like, oh, man, he was not happy. I mean he looked at me like I was bart Man from back in the day with the Cubs, or the cat that or the cat that tried to break Mookie's arm in New York. I mean he looked at me like he wanted blood. But it was it was actually, it was actually pretty funny. I had a good time in the stands with the crowd around me. Man, it was, it was funny.
Speaker 2: I got so many questions for you. First off, you brought a glove to the game. Do you do that a lot? Or what was the You just happen to have a glove.
Speaker 4: No, So here's the deal. At the Tokyo Dome. Look, they don't have the rule where the netting goes all the way down the third baseline right, so it's very low. So in that section they provide you every seat has a glove and a helmet. Really so yeah, and they have signs protect yourself against doleballs and broken bats. So every seat's got the glove. So everybody in that section's got a glove on. And most people don't wear the helmet, but they got a glove ready to go just in case, especially if there's a left handed hitter up. So I had the glove. I mean that. Look now, it wasn't the was It wasn't a Wilson A two thousand, you know, ten thousand dollars glove or anything like that. It was a it was a pee wee glove. But still nonetheless it worked out. Man I was able to I was able to catch it. But man I took I take a lot of heat from from a lot of the from a lot of the Dodgers brass afterwards, Dave Roberts and lonbos and then all those guys were like a band from the Tokyo Dome forever. And uh, it's just it was crazy. But I gotta say though, it's uh, it was a great atmosphere. You said it, great two games, great win. All of that was was fantastic and a great way to start the season.
Speaker 3: Rodney. You not only made the catch.
Speaker 2: You made the catch, and I think what it was even the cherry on top, was the.
Speaker 3: Expression you made the stare.
Speaker 2: It's like you almost knew where the camera was because it's perfect. I don't know if you've seen it on social media, but the stair was almost right like the cameras at Sports in LA and Fox and you're like almost looking right in.
Speaker 3: The camera like, yeah, I just did that. I'm Rodney p.
Speaker 4: H. First of all, just for a tim You know, you're a baseball player. You played back in the day, so you understand that when ball's coming your way, the first thing you think about, I cannot I gotta I gotta make the catch. I can't drop I drop it now really be bad. It's a really go viral, you know, guys thinking I played baseball in the past and I dropped a fly ball, so I had to catch it. But then when I caught it, and I saw how close Max was in his face and his reaction and put the club behind my back, almost like Jarrison Profar did in the playoffs last year when he robbed the home run and I stared at Max like, oh my god, what did I just what did I just do? What did I just do? Just stretched the ball away from him. But you don't know how much I've analyzed that that played him. And I will tell you my glove was below Max's and he reached his glove was above mine. So it went past his glove and into mind.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you didn't reach over into the field of play. You didn't cross that darrior mind he came into your area.
Speaker 4: Yes, he did into my territory. That's he did, Tim Case.
Speaker 2: It's a one handed catch. I'm sitting here watching it on a loop. Rodney PiZZ It's a one handed can.
Speaker 3: You make it?
Speaker 2: And just as cool as a cucumber. You stare at Max Munsey and then you glance right at the camera.
Speaker 4: It is.
Speaker 3: It is unbelievable.
Speaker 4: Oh man, thanks man. I thank god they got out of that inning too, because if they would have started a rally after that, I really would have felt bad.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, we were all thinking the same thing, like they have to win this game or else it would be the end of Rodney Peet. Rodney, I really appreciate it. I know you're there with your family in Tokyo. We see you at the game. You were involved with the catch there with Max Munsey. It's a lot of fun and people are enjoying it on social media. We really appreciate you checking in here on Dodger. All right, there, he goes Rodney Pete, the man of the hour our own Rodney Pete in Tokyo, and if you haven't seen it, it's all over social media. Rodney Pete is trending right now because of the catch that he made in the second row down the third base line. Max Munsey going for the ball and Rodney Pete one hand puts the glove out and.
Speaker 3: Just casually, casually takes.
Speaker 2: The ball away from Max Munsey and his opportunity to make the play. Didn't steal it from him, didn't take it out of Max's glove. Max missed it and he goes right into Rodney Pete's glove, right below Max's glove, and Rodney with the one hand catch, looks at Max Munsey and then just casually stares straight ahead, just like, yeah, I'm Rodney Pete. It's pretty cool. It's a pretty cool moment. Thanks to Rodney for checking in. Dodgers get to win. That's important. Dodgers now two to zero. On this season show, Hao Tani goes Deep, the rookie Sasaki goes three innings, got himself out of a jam. I think that's the most important thing I took away from Sasaki's outing. It started great. You saw the one hundred and one mile an hour fastball. He didn't go below ninety nine in his first eleven pitches. That he threw a lot of fastballs in that first inning, in a one two three inning. The second inning, he didn't have the command with the fastball. He wasn't missing up and down, he was missing in and out. He certainly he wasn't getting this chase on the split finger pitch and a couple of sliders he threw, he got over for strikes, but he didn't go back to that. And in the third inning he had even worse command of his pitches. Walked three straight batters, walked in a run. But to his credit, I mean first outing, major league debut. He's twenty three years old. He's back in Japan pitching. The wheels are starting to fall off with his command in his outing. We saw what happened to Yama Motover in Korea a year ago. Couldn't get out of the first inning against the Padres. And here he is in the third. It's a three to one game, runners on one out, and he gets back to back punchouts to get out of the third inning. That showed a lot to me. That showed a lot for a guy who could have easily, you know, the stakes just folded in on him and that was it. Instead, he goes out and gets himself out of his own mess in the third inning, keeps it a three to one game, keeps the Dodgers out in front, doesn't get the decision, but again, something to build on for him for that. And I think the emotions of Japan pitching in the Tokyo Dome, being his major league debut, pitching for a new team.
Speaker 3: I can't imagine the nerves he had.
Speaker 2: I can't imagine the butterflies he's had for days leading up to this. Rick Monday talked about it several times. This is something he's been dreaming about since he was young, and here he is in the moment. It couldn't have gone better in the first inning, got into trouble in the second, got out of it with the double play line drive to Miguel Rojas at short, and then really got into trouble in the third, but was able to get out of it.
Speaker 3: That showed a lot to.
Speaker 2: Me, sort of like what we saw from Yamamoto later in the season last year when he started to get into some trouble in games, especially in the postseason, worked himself out of it, didn't want anybody else to clean up their mess. Was able to buckle down and really go after hitters and get out when he needed him. It showed a lot, it really did, and it's something for him to build on. And certainly when he comes back to the States and there's not the world looking on in Japan in the Tokyo Dome and his first start ever, and it's a little bit easier to kind of take a deep breath, I think we'll see it even better. A rookie Sasaki than we saw today, had some ups and had some downs, and his first start gets a no decision.
Speaker 3: The Dodgers bullpen came in and pitched well.
Speaker 2: I don't know how much we're gonna see if Luis Garcia the rest of this season. Once the Dodgers' bullpen gets healthy, I think he's more of an arm early in the season to help them. Jack Dreyer, good young left handed prospect, made his major league debut. We'll see him like we saw Justin Robleski and we've seen Ben Casparis. I don't know what he'll rull his role will be, necessarily, but he got his first taste in the big leagues, giving up a run in the fifth, but then Landon Knack two shutout Indians, Kirby Yates, two strikeouts in the eighth, Alex Vesi and the ninth Indian did and give up a run that back end of the bullpen. The experience aienced relievers, and I'm gonna throw Landing neak in there now as a veteran experience reliever who's got innings underneath his belt for the Dodgers. Four shutout innings for the Dodgers. When they were up six to three after the show, Heotani home run. So a good job by the Dodgers all the way around. They get to win against the Chicago Cubs, a six to three victories. They get the two games sweep over the Cubbies. Eight sixty six nine eight seven two five seventies. The number eight sixty six nine eighty seven two five seventy. The Dodgers today got three home runs from three different players. Shohotani hit a bomb that may or may not have been.
Speaker 3: Fan interference, okay, and rights inerfield.
Speaker 2: It was challenged by Craig Counsel, the manager of the Chicago Cubs. You look at the replay. Okay, I I could go either way with it. I can say, all right, that was fan interference. The fan maybe leaned over a couple feet, and it should be a ground rule double. You know, maybe the rules are different over there as far as the outfield is and you know, the stadium is all different, you know, the ground rules.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's different, but I'm certainly sure of one thing. This series was all about show Heyo Tani going back to Tokyo, Japan, and when show Heyo Tani hits a home run at the Tokyo Dome with all eyes in Japan literally on this game. Coliny was in Japan a month ago and can attest to this that it is the biggest thing that's going to happen in Japan in a long time. The anticipation, the longing to have show Ayotani back playing baseball in Japan has been something they've been waiting for, playing in a major league uniform for the Dodgers, and he hits a home run, there was no way that when they went back to the replay center in New York, whatever umpire was back, there was gonna say, yep, ground rule double, show Hey put the helmet back on, put the of admit back on their hand for.
Speaker 3: Sliding, and go back out to second base.
Speaker 2: They were gonna keep that as called home Run show Aotani. There was no way that we're gonna overturn that thing, given the circumstances of where they were at, what the game meant to the world of baseball, not just the Dodgers, the Cubs, major League Baseball, America, Japan.
Speaker 3: All eyes have been on the last two.
Speaker 2: Games in Japan, and show Ootani goes deep just what the fans wanted. And again I brought it up with Jose earlier on the Clubhouse Show. Driving in, I heard a replay of a show, a national show. This is at twelve o'clock last night, so seven hours ago, a little longer than that. There was a host that said, I'm not sure this is great for baseball. Probably great for the Dodgers, great for show, hey for the Cubs, but yeah for baseball. How great is this? And I laughed out loud when I heard this guy say it, because this is absolutely great for baseball. For the last three days plus, baseball has been on people's minds, not just here in La not just Dodger fans globally, they've been wanting.
Speaker 3: Baseball at this level.
Speaker 2: Otani Dodgers Japan, the anticipation of him coming back. You throw in the total of five Japanese players, three on the Dodgers, two of them making starts in Yamamoto and Sasaki. Show how Tani your designated hitter for those two games. It couldn't have been drawn up any better for baseball. It was put on a tee if you want to have a baseball analogy for them to hit it out of the park, and they did a great job putting baseball on full display. One Fox nationally televising the game for people to watch, two having the superstars that they did and showcasing them, and three having it in Japan in a place that's hungry for more. Major League Baseball loves their superstars, and those superstars were able to come home and play in front of them. Colin of you, as I mentioned, was in Japan last month. There was a lottery system to get tickets to go to the Tokyo Dome, which holds just over forty two thousand, for a sellout crowd for two games. Think of the millions of people in the surrounding Tokyo area in the country Japan that want to see sho Heyotani and these Japanese players back in their home country want to see Major League Baseball, want to see the Dodgers on display. Think of the amount of people from the United States that went over there, the people from the US, people with Major League Baseball, people affiliated with the Dodgers and the Cubs, and the radio stations and WGN and Sports in LA and all the different properties that went over there. There's only so many tickets that were able to go around. This was a globally demanded event. The last two days, this Tokyo Series and Major League Baseball did a fantastic job spotlighting. This got people talking. It reminded me of the NAHL what they did last month with that Classic with the Four Countries instead of an All Star Game. And I say it by this analogy. They got people talking about them for a week when the US and Canada were playing in that Four Country Cup that they had, people were buzzing about hockey talking about it, and they didn't capitalize. That little break ended and they went back to the regular season and it was back to who's playing, who's in First, what's happening in hockey?
Speaker 3: Nobody cared?
Speaker 2: Back to the NFL Combine, back to NBA talk college basketball tournament coming up. Baseball kicks off its season with a two game series in Japan. I consider last year's Korea series a trial, a test, if you will, to see how it would go over in Asia, how it would go in a different country for two games, work out the kinks, maybe things that didn't go right strategically. From what I understand from people who are there, it has been nothing but fantastic. The atmosphere, the crowds, the events around the games, the exhibition games over the weekend, the hospitality by the people in Tokyo. It has been first class all the way around. We've had all the games for your course, right here on a five to seven of LA Sports, and the Dodgers get wins, and now the Dodgers are gonna come back with buzz, and now baseball gonna come back with a buzz about it because of the superstars, and people are now gonna see Sasaki and Yamamoto and certainly see show Heyo Toni. And let's not even forget this was a two game series that was missing to its top ten fifteen players in baseball. Freddie Freeman hurt his rip, didn't play. Mookie Betts is back home here in Los Angeles before the series even started because of an illness, and it was still at a high level and on full display for the sports world. I thought baseball did a fantastic job, and this was great for the game, not just great for the Dodgers, not just great for Los Angeles. We love that, of course, but this is great for the game of baseball, something that could I think use to jump start this twenty twenty five season. Now you're gonna have a few days off, certainly, and that's gonna kill a little bit of the buzz. But I think this is certainly something that they could use to get this season going. Spotlight the superstars, the young players around baseball who people are gonna be looking at this year, and certainly the Dodgers are gonna be the cream of the crop as far as wherever they go. They're a traveling musical rock band. Just people want to be there. They're the Beatles, you know, They're the Rolling Stones, They're the Lakers of the two thousands, sell out wherever they go. The biggest draw wherever city they're in, and the Dodgers were able to get the two wins in Japan and now come back and get ready for the start of the domestic twenty twenty five season coming up next week eight six six nine, eight seven, two five seven. It's get out to the phones. What did you think of this Tokyo series? And how about Rodney Pete casually taking the ball away from Max Munsee in the second row down the third base line there into ok let's go out to Trey in Taiwan. Really, you're in Taiwan right now, Trey Holyoke.
Speaker 5: Okay, yes, man, I didn't quite make it to Japan, but I got to see the game in prime time. I will tell you what. We got Dodgers fans all over up in here. The people were rocking and rolling and like you were saying, is getting the game out? I mean, they're huge baseball fans here in Asia, but you know, here in Taiwan. I got to watch the game. I watched it last night, got to see Sasaki for the first time tonight, and we got we got fans here. Man. I'm telling you, I was I was going nuts. It was great, absolutely fantastic, and it was great to co in be part of the show kicking off this new year. Yeah, and I'm having a blast here. I wish y'all we're here with me and I'm eating my face off and having a blast and watching baseball.
Speaker 2: Man love so great, tray Man. Really appreciate you checking in. Great to hear from you. Don't be a stranger here to Dodge Talk.
Speaker 5: All right, Oh you'll.
Speaker 4: Hear me this season.
Speaker 5: We that I'm still celebrating from last year, but I am looking forward. We are stacked. The team is excellent. I just wanted to shout out on my fans back home. I'll be back home in a few days and you'll take care and I'll see you. Sound all right?
Speaker 2: Slat Tree appreciate the phone call eight six Conrad Downtown LA on this Wednesday. How you doing, Conrad? Thanks for being on Dodgy Talk here beat the Cup six and three.
Speaker 3: How you doing?
Speaker 6: Yes, sir, Hey, I really like your last take. I thought that was wonderful. On what you said about the whole baseball through Japan and Otani. I wanted to say a few things on Otani. Uh, He's brought so much fun to the game of baseball. The effort and the mental focus that he does. He earns every penny. I really really enjoy show. Hey, Hotani, I'd follow baseball. I'm fifty years old. He's He's my favorite of my whole life. I love Barry Bonds, but you know, Tani is just so special. I also am an Angels guy. The Angels did not win so much with him. It was never one second his fault. Too bad that they moved him. Dodgers are very smart to pay every penny. He's just an amazing, amazing, electric guy. That being said, it's baseball. It takes the whole team. He's just a part of the team. He only gets up one out of every nine guys. He's not pitching, so he's extremely valuable. He's also just part of the team. He brings an attitude, a level of play that matches. Dave Roberts. Dave Roberts, I've known my whole life. I grew up down in San Diego. He's a Rancho Buenavista kid. He played quarterback for Rancho Buenovo. He's very athletic. He's a small guy, very fast. Vin Scully to call him a rabbit, as you remember, and he's just special if you remember that Boston Red Sox stolen bass Dave Roberts. Yeah, absolutely, Okay, Dave Roberts brings that intensity. We are now figuring out he's the best coach in baseball. He might be the best coach ever. This guy stays focused. We are not giving Dave Roberts enough credit. I think because of the city. I don't know why. Well, I'm the best in baseball.
Speaker 2: He's always gotten credit here, Conrad, and I appreciate the phone call.
Speaker 3: Thanks for the nice words. Dave Roberts in my mind.
Speaker 2: And Steve Sachs my buddy, and you know, we do the show together during the playoffs, Sacks and Kates and the am former Dodger, Rookie of the Year and World Series champion.
Speaker 3: He quickly pointed this out to me years ago.
Speaker 2: The manager gets way too much credit and way too much blame. And Dave Roberts always took way too much blame for things that didn't go right. You can push the right buttons and all of a sudden you're a genius. But you push those same buttons and a player doesn't execute a hit, A player doesn't execute a pitch, A player doesn't execute a defensive play. That's the manager's fault. You put these players in the right situation. As a manager, your job is to put them in the best situation and have them as prepared as possible with the best lineup that you can put out there possible, best pitcher you can put out there possible, in whatever situation, and it's up to that player to then execute.
Speaker 3: And it's just.
Speaker 2: Amazing to me that a couple of buttons pushed here, and he's the greatest manager of all time. But if the Dodgers don't do what they did last year in the postseason, especially against the Padres and the NLDS, all of a sudden, Dave Roberts is a bum and Dave Roberts is a manager who shouldn't be there anymore, and Dodger fans are all.
Speaker 3: Piling up on him. No, it's that it can't be like that. It just can't. It can't be one ind of the other. They just that's the whole point.
Speaker 2: You can't get too much credit and you can't give enough credit to a manager.
Speaker 3: It's just that's just not the way it is.
Speaker 2: Because the players are the ones who ultimately execute or don't execute on the field. Eight, sixty six, nine eighty seven, two five seventy. But I agree Conrad this this has been a great few games for Major League Baseball, and I hope they capitalize off this with a couple of moves. One, continue to spotlight these players when they come back. Continue to push show hey Otani to the front. Continue to get the other stars now that the season is going to start next week, the Yankees, the Red Sox, the Vlad Guerrero's of the world, the young superstars, Elie de la Cruz. Push him out, get him out there in the forefront, get him out there in front of people, get him out there on media campaigns, get them out there on billboards, and let's push the game forward. You got a lot of momentum right now, from last year's World Series to this Tokyo series. Right that momentum Major League Baseball eight six, six, nine, eight seven, two, five to seventy. We'll take a break, we'll come back. More of your phone calls. Dodgers get the win in Tokyo. They beat the Cubs six to three. Showy Otani goes deep, Tommy Edmond goes deep, keyk a Hernandez goes deep. Rookie Suzaki makes his debut. It was up, it was down. Three innings, three strikeouts, five walks, one run, one hit, did not factor the decision.
Speaker 3: Landon Knak picks up the win.
Speaker 2: Two solid intings, the reef for Landon neck and oh yeah, our old Rodney Pete took a ball for Max Munsey.
Speaker 3: Rodney was all with this earlier.
Speaker 2: Make sure you podcast that in Tokyo, sitting second row down to the third base line, foul ball comes his way. Max Munsby goes, tries to get it, and Rodney takes it from him. Well, maybe didn't least take it from him. Max missed it, Rodney caught it eight six six nine eighty seven two five seventy. Dodger Talk continues here at ANFI seventy.
Speaker 3: Light Sports AM five seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 1: Be anywhere at any time and you can hear past episodes of Dodger Talk all of those things. Search AM five to seventy on the iHeartRadio app. We're streaming online. We stream every game too.
Speaker 3: Come find it.
Speaker 1: Back to Dodger Talk on AM five to seventy, LA Sports two two and.
Speaker 7: Otani hammers, what oh this ball is well struck deep bright center.
Speaker 1: Back to the wall.
Speaker 7: That's off the top of the wall. Otani around first, he's into the second Kyle Tucker Well, they're saying home run looked like it came off the top of the wall initially. But O'tani comes around with his first home run of the season.
Speaker 2: Show Hey Otani fifty plus home runs last year, has already hit number one in Tokyo, a solo home run part of a six to three Dodgers winner with the Cubs. Daniels Jewelers presents the home run forecast, but am five to seventy LA sports dot Com keyword a home run for your chance to win a fifty dollars Daniels Jelers gift card predicting the number of home runs in the next game.
Speaker 3: Daniels Jewelers own the Dream.
Speaker 2: Dodgers get both wins against the Cubs in Tokyo. A four to one win yesterday is sixty three win today. Otani, Edmund and Keiki Hernandez all going deep. Rookie Sasaki win three innings in his major league debut. The twenty three year old right hander good velocity early got a strikeout on the second battery he faced. Suzuki but then got into some command issues in the second and the third inning, got out of it with a double play in the second, and got out of it with the bases loaded in the third, one out with back two back strikeouts eight six, six nine eight, seven to two five seventy. That's continue on the phones, Robert and Lancaster. Thanks for being Paidia, Welcome to Dodger Talk on this Wednesday. How you doing, Robert?
Speaker 8: Hey, how you doing?
Speaker 3: But have you guys back.
Speaker 8: It's been a it's been a short, a short offseason, but I'm glad to be back anyways. Uh, I just wanted to have one thing I want to talk about is healthy. All the haters out there that are talking about how the Mob can have an opening Day in Japan all that stuff, well I don't understand why they're hating on that, because look at the biggest player in baseball is is Japanese. Then he just went for a fifty to fifty spot, and all the haters out there are gonna hate on that, Like, come on you.
Speaker 6: They're just giving Japan.
Speaker 8: What they what they want and the money that they're bringing in from that, it's a huge market and the Dogs are cashing in on it, like, come on, why are you gonna hate on that? Here the fans what they want.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 8: And then the second point I want to touch on is all the haters out there that are still talking about the Dave Roberts hate and all that stuff, and they don't understand what goes on inside the clubhouse. This guy brings players together like it's we've never seen before. This guy is like, uh, it's something that we've never seen in baseball. He's so good for the Dodgers. It's crazy. Anyone that wants to talk bad about Dave Roberts, Man, you guys could just like take it to another take it to another room. Gad, I don't even want to hear it.
Speaker 2: All right, Robert, I appreciate the phone call. You're right, you know, the talk about Dave Roberts You think it'd be over with now that he got a contract extension, has won two World Series as a manager, taken him to four different World Series appearances, But.
Speaker 3: Still the chatter is there.
Speaker 2: And again I go back to this two game series in Tokyo and what baseball was able to do I thought was tremendous and I thought they did a first class job of presenting it. And I think that this is something that they could use to really jumpstart this season in twenty twenty five. And I hope they capitalize on their superstars in marketing them and publicizing them, and doesn't just.
Speaker 3: Have to be the Dodger players certainly biased with.
Speaker 2: Suzaki and Yamamoto and Shohyo Tani and Freddie Freeman and Mookie Beck's Will Smith. I mean, gosh, how many superstars are on this team. This is ridiculous. But yeah, there's a good start right there, showcasing the Dodgers as much as possible, showcasing the superstars that you got in other markets, because there's there's superstars out there, and I think Major League Baseball has never done a really good job of that. And I think what they just did the last couple days in Japan is certainly something they can use moving forward and that can start this year in twenty twenty five. Eight six, six, nine, eight seven, two five seventy. I only got time for one more call, and let's make that easy. So if we couldn't get to you, I apologize. Let's go to easy and Anaheim. Easy two and zero. Great start. Rodney Pete taking the ball from Max Muncie.
Speaker 3: What a day in Tokyo?
Speaker 9: Yeah, hey too, two and nineteen. I'll take it. Can you pay go to dam past show and tell him what you just said? Will baseball class and you need to go on his show? He wouldn't have to wind anyway. But yeah, it went a big game. I guess I would listen to you, you kay, I would. I woke up probably the seventh Gammy or so. But but yeah, they'll be back home, so it should be in there this season. So so, what's what happened this year? Didn't win the division? But it will be. Kept repeating that way, I keep saying so, but anyway it'll be. It'll be this season. And anyway we'll talk to all.
Speaker 3: Right, is he? We'll talk later. I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Is he and Anaheim on this Wednesday even she can't be episode with this two and zero start and the way the Dodgers beat the Cubs, who quite frankly are on a different level, uh than the Chicago Cubs. The Dodgers have so much talent and it was on display in these two games. And I go back to the fact that you're missing Mookie Bets and Freddy Freeman. You take two superstars off any other team, what happens to them? Uh, they're the Angels, you know. You take a Mike Trout off the Angels and another mainstay off their team, they're at winning games. The Dodgers have so much talent and so many other guys that can step up and produce.
Speaker 3: It's ridiculous. And I go back to earlier what we said about Will Smith.
Speaker 2: You're gonna look at the box scorer and you're gonna see Will Smith was one for two, two walks, two runs scored. Okay, you know, doesn't ctally jumps off the page at you. But Will Smith what he did in the first game against the Cubs one for two, three walks, comes back in the second game of this Tokyo series today one for two, a double, scored twice and was on base with two walks five walks in the first two games as the cleanup hitter for the Dodgers. Will Smith last year had to be really hurt. He's not the kind of guy that's gonna sit there and harp on it. He's not gonna say anything. He's not gonna make sure everybody knows and make a big deal about it. He's very quiet about the way he goes about his business. And obviously he was banged up enough that it bothered him. He still played every day. He still was out there catching and doing his thing and helping the Dodgers defensively but offensively. You can tell he just wasn't in a good spot last year like he was the year before. But Will Smith looks locked in these first two games. He's changed his swing a little bit. He's got his hands a little lower, and then he gets his you know, load going as far as you know, the weight and everything when in his swing.
Speaker 3: He looks a little different. Will be a little fine tuned with the swing. I like what I'm seeing. So only two games, but as.
Speaker 2: The cleanup pitter, one for two and back to back games, five walks total, scoring runs for the Dodgers. Can't ask for much more from Will Smith than what he's done over in Tokyo. Is The Dodgers now head back after two games against the Cubs. They'll have a three game exhibition freeway series Sunday Monday Tuesday right here on a FI seventy LA Sports, then a day off, and then a week from Thursday seven, the domestic home opener against the Detroit Tigers. What a few days in Japan for the Dodgers. They get back to back wins against the Cubs. Show Hao Tani goes deep, Yamamoto's on display, Sasaki's on display, and.
Speaker 3: The Dodgers are often rolling next to Colin.
Speaker 2: He thanks to haul you for being a part of the show. Thanks for being with us, us being with us late night, early, and in the afternoon. Dodgers get to win with the Chicago Cubs six to three.
Speaker 3: Until Sunday solo, everybody