Speaker 1: That's right ninety seven to one The Eagle, which we'll be broadcasting live on Monday from Dave and Busters in Dallas. You can come watch the Ben and Skin Show live. We'll do our show there from three to six. And look, a lot of people will be off on Monday, So if you're off and you don't have to work and you're looking for something fun to do, we'll beat that og. Daven Buster's location in Dallas, I think it's off Walnut Hill in seventy five, maybe in between Walnut Hill and Southwestern, And it's a great time in there.
Speaker 2: They have that.
Speaker 1: Actual basketball goal, so we'll be able to get in there and shoot some free throws and goof off and play video games and drink cold beer and eat delicious food. It's going to be a fun, fun time. That's Monday from three to six at the daven Busters in Dallas. This segment right here is brought to you by Heurtato Barbecue. Some of the best barbecue you could ever have in your life. And obviously there's locations in Mansfield, Fort Worth, and Arlington, two locations in globelife Field. But I saw Brandon Hurtado yesterday on Facebook looking for suggestions of who should play the patio at the grand opening of the Dallas location. So we're getting very very close to them opening the Dallas location that will be in the Farmers Market, so stay tuned for that. But if you're in the eight one seven looking for delicious barbecue this weekend, look no further than the greatness of Hurtado.
Speaker 3: But right now it's time for this, good listeners, Here comes kt fun Tweets with the rounds.
Speaker 1: Now, let's go around the sports. Kt fun Tweets has all the sports.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I do, and I think we will start with the Cowboys coaching search. As we speak right now, Kellen Moore is in a zoom call with the Cowboys. It's only allowed to be three hours long. He also has an interview with the Jaguars and the Saints once today and once tomorrow.
Speaker 5: Do you think that Jerry, because he's so cheap.
Speaker 1: It's the forty minute free zoom and they keep having to reset the meeting and they all have to go out and then get back in the zoom meeting and you end up doing like four or five of them.
Speaker 2: And he was trying to save money.
Speaker 5: The thing I have for sure you start a new one. Hold on.
Speaker 1: So I wrote about this today on social media, and uh, because I don't write anywhere else, so I just hit sent a long article to a place where people have short attention spans and more things quickly.
Speaker 5: Did the observers should hire you? I understand.
Speaker 1: So h But I was making some phone calls and talking to some people, and I got some good intel last night. And I do believe that Kellen is the front runner. I think it's his job to lose. I don't know that everybody is in complete agreement in the building. I think Jerry would love, love, love to explore, you know, a big splash, you know, Dion, something like that, something with big sizzle or Witten.
Speaker 2: And I do think Witten is the air parent. Sounds like he'll be on a staff.
Speaker 1: And we talked yesterday about if it is Kellen Moore man, that's a bad situation for him to be in. If your heir apparent is already there and already has a job, just in waiting to take your job. And I talked to somebody who knows Kellen really well and like, no, no, no, you must not know him.
Speaker 5: He would embrace that, he would love that.
Speaker 1: I was like really, and like, dude, he is very confident, Like he's not cocky or arrogant, but he's very confident in himself and has confidence in his abilities, and he would not have any issue.
Speaker 5: He'd embrace witting.
Speaker 1: So, and you also have to look at it like this, If they hire a coach that has offensive chops, then you can keep some stability with the defense and keep Zimmer. But if you hire a defensive coach, now you don't have anyone to run the offense and you got to start over with the defense. You kind of need both sides. So it does make sense that it would be an offensive guy. The Joneses love love, love familiarity, Dak, they're sixty million dollar man. This would be the best thing for him. I know it's not sexy. I know he's not a big commanding personality, but maybe for Jerry the sizzle would come from actually winning games.
Speaker 4: Well. Well, one thing I'll say, like Kellen, is I don't sense that there's a huge ego there Mike McCarthy's I told you guys in twenty twenty, Like there's an ego with McCarthy, which is fine, but that does not work well with Jerry.
Speaker 1: A lot of big egos come from insecurities, and if he's if he's pretty secured himself, you know he's like, I'm gonna do. The other thing too, is because there's so many people interviewing him. He's gonna get minimum four years guaranteed, probably five. Like the age he's at, he doesn't have to go sign two in three year deals. He can go sign Okay, cool, you don't want to do a five year deal. I mean, honestly, the Jacksonville jobs more appealing.
Speaker 4: May Well, I would disagree with that, but I like their quarterback, not really feeling I don't love him.
Speaker 1: I also think that there's like Kellen has deep roots here. I guess so many friends here. I really think he'd be comfortable here. The order of operations of his exit is very important. He was I've a second of audio here from the past.
Speaker 5: Uh, he was.
Speaker 4: Told he could stay, he chose to leave, and he chose to leave. If you guys remember the day after or so that the day he left or after this, McCarthy had a press conference and he was asked, we're here, Mike Fisher here asking McCarthy a question.
Speaker 6: Could you say it with some clarity that if Kellen Moore is available to you, that is to say he doesn't get a head coaching job, that he's back as your office partner. I know, I wrote, I want to play this game. You know today it's been along a couple of days, so we Kellen Moore and just like the rest of the coaches will be evaluating. You know, every coach will be evaluating. So the evaluation just you know, it takes more one day.
Speaker 4: The point is everyone knew at the time Kellen had a chance to get jobs head coaching jobs, interview for those jobs which he didn't get it. One he interviewed for I don't even know that even you know, I said that, I don't even know that he got a bunch of interviews.
Speaker 5: I thought he got at least one.
Speaker 4: It was a remember it being a big topic two years ago because it has been reported that Kellen's gonna stay and then McCarthy goes to the press conference and does that all of our coaches will be I'm not playing the game.
Speaker 5: All of our coaches be evaluated.
Speaker 2: I also thought there.
Speaker 5: Was a story at the time that he had an interview that didn't go well. Do you not remember that story. I don't, but I could. I'm sure we can find it.
Speaker 1: That rings a bell And it's not shocking because he Look, if you think about a leader of men, a big, bold personality, you're not thinking of Kellen Moore. No, you're thinking of Deon Sanders or Jason Witten and Katie you've been talking about this.
Speaker 2: Maybe we're misguided in that.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know that you know, No, I don't know either, but I think it's a good point. We have worked at places where there's been a meek leader who just looks at his shoes and is so soft spoken, and you're like, man, I don't understand how anyone could ever follow that, you know what I'm saying. Yeah, Like in certainly not jocks and so but maybe, but there also there are you don't have to be that big commanding personality if you're so successful or such a genius or everyone respects something else about you were like damn all right, not a big, outgoing personality, but an absolute genius, and maybe he could command the team with that, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And this is the whole thing where you get to ask players who know. I mean, Dak has talked about there's an interview from a long time ago where Dak said Kellen is not what the media thinks he is, and I've seen similar things about Dan Campbell or Jared Goff. Is like, Oh, Dan Campbell loves that the media thinks he's a caveman meathead.
Speaker 5: He's not so like.
Speaker 4: I think it's real easy to get these things up the same way McCarthy wore this too. McCarthy's a big fat ass, so he must be lazy. Like, No, McCarthy's probably not right.
Speaker 5: Like it's.
Speaker 1: It's pretty obvious his guys play for him and like him absolutely. I mean, that's a long track record of that.
Speaker 4: So I don't know. I really don't know. But if you're hearing some things, Kellen is so.
Speaker 1: Safe for your for your for Dak and the offense and Jerry, to Ben's point, they're good.
Speaker 5: They like going with guys they know, so I like it.
Speaker 4: The other name, though, it's interesting because it has not been mentioned, and I think maybe I'm just trying to find a name or two that hasn't been.
Speaker 5: Mentioned to see.
Speaker 4: I do think a guy who might fit that gap, coach, if you're trying to get a guy who's gonna be your head coach for a year or two. Brian Schottenheimer, he's done it. He called plays in Seattle for a long time and they always had top ten offense. Okay, like it's a lot of running, running the football and stuff. But man, Brian Schottenheimer is the name that might need to be thrown out there.
Speaker 5: Possibly not a bad name.
Speaker 1: Uh So I stumbled across this last night, and this surprised me. So when we started hearing that, Okay, Jerry might hire a coach and then have Witten as the heir apparent, I don't know in our minds where we're thinking two years. We kept throwing around the term two years. We were thinking two years, like they're gonna offer a short term deal. The person that I was talking to last night who's telling me that what they how they see it going down, they were like they saw Kellen as the head coach and Witten as the tight ends coach. Yeah, so Kellen would be keen player, right, But it's like not, It's like, so, I don't think it's a guarantee that in two years he'd be ready. And what I'm saying is I think Witten would may be down for the long haul in other words, he you know, he may want it in four or five years. He might be willing to wait it out and work for it.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I will also say this, like if if Witton is quote unquote waiting to be the head coach of the Cowboys, the guy might come in here and be really successful and have it for a long time. And do you know what, Jason Witten will not get coaching a small Christian high school another NFL job. Like he's got to get in his system, Katie, you and I were talking about this last week. Dan Campbell was an assistant.
Speaker 4: Coach for a he was twenty ten coaching in turn four years is tight ends coach of the Dolphins, then interim head coach because they fired again and they're like, Okay, this guy's kind of got something right. And then four years with the Saints is tight ends coach and assistant head coach to Sean Payton.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean you.
Speaker 1: Got to get in a system and start having ten years, right, you know, like if Kellen gets here and suddenly turns into Tom Landry, like Witten's never going to coach in the NFL, right, Like he's got to get into a system and start being part of an NFL structure. Now the person one person was explaining this whole scenario to me, and he described Jerry as being the wild card to everything and that it may be he said, if Witton or Dion get in front of Jerry Jones and they have an interview, that could be all it takes. Like he may be sold. So like, in other words, if he sits down there across from Witton and he's given him the m yeah, and Dion's given him the sizzle, that Jerry may say it's over my guy, and that no one could stop him.
Speaker 5: I believe that.
Speaker 1: I guess I had thought that maybe Dion and Jerry had already talked, not an official interview, but it at least been on the phone.
Speaker 5: But what you're saying makes a hell of a lot of sense to me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, No, this is well, this is where like Jerry can change everything, but Jerry probably doesn't want to do that and put Jason in a bad situation. I do think Jerry does think about that. I do think Jerry thinks about other people, believe it or not. Like, so that's interesting. Now I just saw this, y'all know. Joseph Hoyt he works at the Kavana.
Speaker 5: Over on DLS. Yeah, yeah, he just said that.
Speaker 4: Adam Schefter mentioned today on the Paton McAfee show, what that the Joneses have high regard for Cowboys O C.
Speaker 5: Brian Schottenheimer. Just keep it in your back. Wait say that again.
Speaker 4: Schefter said on the Pat McAfee show that Brian shotten cow the Jones family has high regard for Brian Schottenneimer.
Speaker 5: Who's already been here. Who's who's the cord?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's here right And even though he didn't call plays, he would go in there and organize the meeting and blah blah blah, good run in Seattle.
Speaker 2: That would be familiarity.
Speaker 1: That would be I mean, because keep in mind, they're gonna make a decision that's good for their best investment, which is their biggest investment, which is DAK. They've got a sixty million dollar quarterback. So they're going to do something that he that makes it easy for him. Keeping the same guy was just here in the building would make it easy on him.
Speaker 5: Do you know what? Think about this?
Speaker 1: If you want to hire Witting in a couple of years, do you know who you're not like competing against to hire someone with a big, expensive contract. Brian Schottenheimer's not on a single coaching radar.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like he wants to do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But what I'm saying is is, if you want to, if you want to, Like, Okay, we're gonna hire witting in two years. I wouldn't mind just saving a bunch of money. Let's just keep old Zim around. Zim Zim will do anything. Shot in heimra doing.
Speaker 5: Man, we can save three million dollars on our coach, and I like that.
Speaker 1: They don't value it. No, they don't think it's important. Let's save money until we're ready to hire Witney.
Speaker 5: Daddy. We could build so much with that ten million dollars.
Speaker 4: Maybe the best candidate that they had or is Robert Salah, and we just kind of discarded that within a day, Like that's not real.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he might be the best guy.
Speaker 2: He might be, but I was thinking about him too.
Speaker 1: But you gotta then hire a whole new defensive coaching staff, a whole new offensive coaching staff.
Speaker 5: Who is that he's friends at the Shanahan Tree guys. Yeah he can find some people. Yeah, I mean he's but they don't want to. They're not gonna do that clearly.
Speaker 2: I mean that offense guys could not get open.
Speaker 4: Now, so what like did they didn't get They didn't get open in the Aaron Rodgers days.
Speaker 5: I'll tell you. Me and Christina watched Aaron Rodgers documentary.
Speaker 4: If you have seen some great highlights of Aaron Rodgers throwing into tight windows.
Speaker 5: It's incredible. No one's open in that whole documentary.
Speaker 1: I think McCarthy's a really good coach when he has Aaron Rodgers in his prime.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh and and so Christina pointed us out too, Belichick's Deal's not done?
Speaker 2: What what is that? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Apparently there was like something, but he didn't actually sign the official docun.
Speaker 5: Coaching there.
Speaker 4: But I had a dinner the other night and I didn't sign the official tab.
Speaker 5: I just you know, you walked your tab. I walk it. I still put my signature on. I still charged you a signature. I don't know.
Speaker 2: All right, good point.
Speaker 1: There you have at the latest on the Dallas Cowboys head coaching search from your favorite rock station. Come up next, it's the weekly weekday update. Where are you gonna take us? Kevin cold Weather coming? And also, the Supreme Court made a big decision today which