Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to Behind the Wand and a new little mini series called Behind the Wand and Friends. Before I explain about that, I just want to say, don't worry. I am still recording the regular series, which we'll be out in the new year. But this little mini series I'm really really excited about because instead of looking back in the past and Harry Potter in the past and obviously twenty plus years ago when we were making the film, we are going to be talking about Harry Potter right now and its future and the series. So what I've done is I've reached out to some of my lovely friends who are in the potterverse, so basically, come on and teach me everything I need to know about Harry Potter right now. Obviously I love the fandom, but I'm relatively new coming back to it, as I didn't really dip my toe back into the fandom until a couple of years ago when I started the podcast, and before that, I hadn't really had much to do with Harry Potter since I finished filming, which was in like two thousand and four. So I'm learning and basically getting really excited about what's going on and what's to come. So saying all that, my first guest, I am sure so many of you will be familiar with her. Name's Melissa Maddock. She is the ultimate Harry Potter filming location guide. She's the ultimate romance girly, and she is our favorite normal Hogwart student. So she is fab and this is our chat.
Speaker 2: What's that? So?
Speaker 1: I want to go right to the beginning of your first sort of interaction with Harry Potter and what you remember about first stumbling across the story.
Speaker 2: So it so Prison of Azkaban was actually the first film I ever saw in cinema, and my grandma took me and it kind of became a tradition. So I just remember my grandma took me to prison as Ground in cinema and I was terrified of the dementors. Terrified, Like how old was It must have been about five at the time, and it was just the most horrific thing to me. Ever, I was absolutely terrified, but I just loved the Apart from the dementors, I just loved the whole magical element of it. At magic school, I wanted to be a witch. I was like, I can't wait to have a Hogwarts letter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So like everybody else, you know, I.
Speaker 2: Was holding out hope, but yeah, then it I said, it kind of came a tradition that from then on and my grandma took me to the cinema every time Harry Potter film came out. It was kind of something that we just did together, which was that was Yeah. When I think my grandma, like, that's like one of the main things that I remembered that we just did together.
Speaker 1: That's so lovely And I feel like straight away that just shows like Harry Potter just transcends like all ages, Like it's really as a child with your grandmother and probably both go to the cinema and enjoy the film, which is So was your film the first?
Speaker 2: So do you?
Speaker 1: I'm obviously at five you not read the books. So unless you were very advanced five year old, was it sort of your the film was your gateway and then you went back and read the books. Have you not read the books? What's what was.
Speaker 2: Your I read? So I watched the films. I think I didn't read the books until about around Deathly Hallows when the film came out Deathly Hallows, because I was just when I was that age, I was just so immersed in the films, and everyone was telling me you got to read the books, you got to read the books. Obviously when I was fives, a bit young to me reading the Harry Potter books, but yeah, it's something that I read. When Deathly Hallows came around, I was a bit more mature and I could understand it. And yeah, it's still I still go back to reading the books now, but it's I think for me, I'm definitely more of a film girl.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I mean I think, yeah. I was actually thinking about this the other day, like I've only read the book series through once, whereas I seeing the film's loads. But I think I want to go back and read the book series now before the TV series comes out, refresh my memory. But I actually think I might cheat and listen to the audiobooks though, But you know, I don't know if that's cheating. I'm sure like real diehard readers will be like that's cheating. But but yeah, no, so I'm sort of a film girly and girly as well. But so then how did it progress to you making sort of the incredible stuff you do now?
Speaker 2: So like for me, Harry Potter and my love Harry Potter's kind of split into two like time periods of my life when I was a kid, when I first watched it, introduced it, went to the films, and then in twenty twenty, obviously Lockdown there was I played tennis and I'm an athlete and not like outside of content creation, and obviously I couldn't do that, and I was stuck inside like everyone else, struggling, didn't know what to do, didn't know what to turn to. And then the Harry Potter started trending on TikTok. At the time, I remember it was everywhere that like you know, Draco talk, Like yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 1: Everywhere we love a bit of Draco talk.
Speaker 2: Talk is all began, right, and I just from there, like it became the only source of comfort that I had in Lockdown. I must have watched the film, Like in Whatdown, I must have watched a Harry Potter film every single day. If I were watching it, I had it on in the background. And it really that is where it's split in two parts of me, because I came back to it and it was so this comfort that hell as a child then was the only thing that I had in the lockdown as an adult for me to get through lockdown, definitely. And then when the lockdown was over, I went to the studio toll for the first time, and that's when I went sort of sets or the props. I was like, oh my gosh. I was like so overwhelmed, especially when something's been such a comfort to you for the last couple of years and it's really got you through like the toughest time in your life. It was just so amazing it's be immersed in the world. So that's when it just like the ball started rolling. I was like looking at more film locations. I found out I lived near Hardwick Hall, malthfoy Manor, Yeah, and that's really where it just kicked off from there, went there when another place went Scotland, and it just yeah, now we're here in twenty twenty four and I'm still visiting the locations.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I meancating. And I mean, like I think for so many people, like especially you know, people I speak to sort of in the Harry Potter fandom, Like something about Harry Potter when you put it on it, it's like a warm blanket, isn't it. It's like such a comfort, Like is like I feel like that too, especially I know you live in the UK, Like around Christmas time, they sort of come onto ITV and if I put it on, there's just something that just likes straight away. I just feel like, oh, it's like really comforting for me.
Speaker 2: It's like the ultimate form of escapism, but truly, like if I'm watching Harry Potter, anything Harry Potter related, I just feel so just immersed in that world and you just forget about things for a while.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's so interesting to speak about Hardwick Hall because I interviewed Andrew Williamson who was a concepts artist, and he was like talking about Hardwick Hall, and I think, like, it's just something amazing about Harry Potter. And I always say that it's so grounded in reality that you do feel like you're out and about and you can see these places, and then you prove that you actually can go out and about and you can like mouth hooy manner. So is there what's the first piece of content you remember making that really sort of like got some traction and you were like, oh okay, people are like really liking this.
Speaker 2: So it was in the studio tour, like I did a video and I think it got over a million views, and it was just a little clips of around the studio tour and people I think I feel like at the time in Lockdown, people didn't weren't aware of the studio tour. Well these are out on TikTok anyway, Yeah, and didn't realize how many things were there. So and then still to this day, people like when I put a studio toy back then, now people like, no, that's in America. That's universal. No actual an actual studio tour where it was filmed. It's just so funny, like the fact that this argument still goes on to this day. But yeah, I remember that was the first piece. And then when I went to Hardwick call, I think I made this stupid this video ever, just like the I can't remember, it's a trending sound at times, just about being a part of the Malfoy family stand outside Malfoy Manor. And then that I think that got a few million views, and it just really from there that's where it's I just decided, Oh, people like this, yeah, so let's keep it going.
Speaker 1: And do you think you have like quite a big sort of a lot of your audience are people that perhaps like don't live in the UK, so you're sort of like their eyes to things like the studio tour and like, you know, I love your videos up in Scotland and you're sort of their eyes to that because I guess it's a bit more of a journey for them to get to those sorts of places.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean, like I've had so many messages, but the absolutely world where people tell me like, oh, you've inspired Harry Potter trip, like Harry Potter road trip, You spining me to go to Scotland, or people just saying like like it's a place that I can't visit right now, So I really appreciate you being the like persons to show it and like those are those are like the messages that just make it like worthwhile posting, like the fact that there's people that find comfort in like the clips and the trips that I make because obviously to Scotland it's it's quite a long trip. Yeah, definitely, but it's for me to just just see it myself and then get to share that with people and then look like people appreciating that or that inspiring their trips. It's just definitely it's the best part of content creation for sure. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, because honestly, people could just go on your Instagram and like sort out a whole itinerary via like the videos you've done, which is like really amazing and so like useful, like such an amazing resource to have for So how long does it take you to sort of I mean, like I love the ones where you hold up the photos and it's obviously you can see where where it's been filmed. How long does that sort of thing take to sort of plan and then execute edit sort of like the start to finish process.
Speaker 2: It can take so finding the actual spots it can be tricky. So I remember there's a you know where Harry sits with Headwig in Chamber of Secrets and he goes, who am I Headwig? What am I that I do? Indeed, yes, Chamber Secrets. That's like in the most random part in Scotland. And it's like just like upper Hill near the Glen fill a ducts or walking wat Trio with what Lake and I remember so vividly climbing up like hands and like crawling off scaling this hill to get to this, to get to this location, and then I must have spent a bar man it started chucking it down at this point of course, and I was like scaling up this hill and they're trying to get the pitch in the exact right spot where headwig and stuff like that. So when it's uh like a location like that, especially Scotland, like for example Steel Falls as well, which is the back of the quidditch pitch, and just random stuff like that. And in Goblet of Fire where you see it for like half a second where Harry's flying in on the dragon on his nimbus, it's just it's really that can be quite difficult. But then you go to somewhere like Oxford, it's pretty easy, like the Draco Tree and you just can that's pretty yeah simple, But it's it really does depend on the location and like where like how big that location is, Yeah, definitely, So it can be quite a quick process or it can take it can take a little.
Speaker 1: Bit, especially like in Scotland's up in Highlands. Just from what I remember from from being up there filming. It's like also it's also beautiful, but it's kind of got similar landscapes, do you know what I mean. So it's just like nailing that at point. That's why it's so impressive when when you when you managed to. When you do it, I always think like, wow, that's that's really really cool. Do you have a sort of a favorite piece of content that you've made.
Speaker 2: So I feel for myself and definitely my audience when I do like little confimation videos of my trips together and really make it look like I'm in the world of Harry Potter. Like the amount of people who think I like attend Hogwarts is a lot of people, and it's yeah, so I feel definitely like the little confirmations across all my trips across all the years, because I've been doing this for four years now, so I've got lots of different clips I can post, So yeah, it definitely has to be where I make myself like a little character in like Harry Potter, and I tell almost like a story with my clips and and like people, they're definitely the video is that get the most fraction and attention, and it just for me myself. It's just it's so cool to just kind of just put myself in my favorite world. This is why like I do this anyway. I just love the I love the feeling of immersing myself in my favorite fictional universes and Harry Potter is my favorite fictional universe. So it's just yeah, I think the way I show that in my content is definitely appreciated. So yeah, definitely do a little confimation videostally.
Speaker 1: I love it because also it's like, I think people just love like the universe, not even just like the characters. So even seeing you know, supposed to like you going to Hogwarts and sort of like that, like you said, that narrative and story you come up with. I think people just love that because everyone sort of wishes they went to Hogwarts of like they're seeing like not the story everyone knows, they're seeing like another little sub story. And that's like really.
Speaker 2: One thing that I feel myself and a lot of people on Tiptop feel like like gen Z and everything is like for example, in halfwood Prints, you know like how it's about a little bit about romance and that you see you lot more background characters and stuff like that, Like it's so fun to see them being normal students because obviously Harry's just going through it every single film, every single book, He's just absolutely going through howarts, I think it's nice to kind of almost see what it would be like to attend Hogwarts when you're not having someone coming for you.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's so funny that you're you're saying, basically somebody could go to Hogwarts and just have a totally normal experience.
Speaker 2: Seven. Yeah, I mean if you're not Harry Potter. I mean it's a great time. Oh yeah, it's true.
Speaker 1: Because obviously I've seen as well, like you film with some some friends and stuff like that. So how do you you always take someone with you as sort of a camera person.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well yeah, yeah, so I do try and make because I'm very lucky that doing this contagration, I've met most of my friends that I have from this. So I met them from TikTok and we just kind of bonded over the fact that we love Harry Potter. And like the two girls that I just went to Scotland with a couple of months ago, we met on TikTok in twenty twenty and we just all just bonded over Harry Potter together, and luckily they were on the same page as me, and we're like, oh, that's just how about we insert ourselves in Harry Potter and like just like have like have a good time at these locations, put our robes on make it look realistic, and yeah, so I do going with friends, it's it's the best for me. And also people if only love it because like I said, it's in a different story of Harry Potter and a different story in Hogwarts, and my friend brings her partner sometimes, so it's like the they can do like a little romance fit of it. So it's really telling different stories within the Harry Potter universe, which you don't get to see exactly.
Speaker 1: Because even like going back to like Draco Top, people do love a sort of like romance like fiction, like like fan fiction.
Speaker 2: What pad? What pad was that? That was an era on Tiptop people writing stories about Draco. And I mean I've even seen some because obviously a picture of you went very very viral, the one of you and Tom Felton, And I've even seen probably like people making fan fiction of you that, right, do you know what?
Speaker 1: It's actually really sad because like I get like that's just from people being like back off Tom, like he doesn't like you, and like all this like from that picture, and it's just like hilarious to me because like I'm I'm married with two children. I'm like Okay, I'm going to back off him bearing mind. Yeah, I'm like bearing mind. This picture is from about twenty years ago. But and also like people being like he likes Emma, not you, I'm like, Okay, it's funny. I think people just really like invest In, like really just love Tom and love the character Draco Malfoy. He is like the heart throb. I guess, yeah, but yeah, it's just so funny. I'm like, okay, I'll back off. So yeah. So sort of this leads on to my question do you have any like, are there any challenges when it comes to like creating this this content. I don't want to say like are you trolled, because that's not kind of what I mean, But is there anything that you've found like oh that's actually more difficult than I thought, or I've had like a different reaction to something you've created, or you could just be really like lucky. I'm not trying to say maybe you haven't you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I so people so obviously I try to explain this to people in the UK when we wear when you go to school and you wear school uniforms, like it's it's normal to unless you go to a certain school where you have a a strict rule where you have to wear a skirt below and knee like people like just wear the skirts are quite high up. Like, it's just quite normal.
Speaker 1: And I was definitely a skirt roller in my day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and God really too. And so I wear like a skirt, so I believe in normal length. It's just with my knee and stuff like that. But people people get really like upset about my skirt worbs, like to the point where I'm just like, okay.
Speaker 1: Fast all you you can wear your skirt whatever length you want, whatever. And also just from looking at that, it's the most non offensive at length I think I've ever seen. But yeah, why don't people just get a life and you wear your skirt how you want to wear your skirt.
Speaker 2: That's what I always say to people, just just and the thing is about I'm wearing the rope and the rope is pretty long on top of it, so I'm just just.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, totally. There's all I mean, there's always going to be people's Like I just said, there's always people out there that have got something something to say. So if there was something new you could bring to the Wizarding World, what would it what would it be.
Speaker 2: Probably going back to what I mentioned about kind of showing a bit more of kids, well, teenagers being teenagers. I mean that like, I just love I'm just sappy, and I love like a little bit. I love like a wrong com and TV. I love a team wrong. Yeah, I just love it and I feel like it's just I mean, I love Harry's story and I love to see him how it overcomes obstacles. But I just I just feel so bad for him, so bad room all the time, and I just I'd love to see just a little bit of them being teenagers a bit more. Yeah, I think it would be just the just to brine up a bit, just to make it a bit more like relatable fun or yeah, just to give Harry a break.
Speaker 1: Yeah, totally, And that's what leads on to like the series. So are you somebody who's like pro the series or are you sort of a bit skeptical.
Speaker 2: I when I first saw the news, I was definitely like, no, definitely not, And even now I'm still a bit skeptical. But when I think of it in terms of my niece is now well when the show probably will be released, will be the same age I was when I watched Prisoner Askaban, and then she will get to grow up with Harry Potter just like I did when I think of it like that. And also just the fact that obviously the new series is based off a bit more in the books, isn't it's going to have a bit more of that, and how much we missed they missed from the films in the books. I think I'm willing to be open minded about it definitely, just like it's going to be tough to let go of the original film. I mean, they're always going to be there and they're not going away, not going anywhere, So I definitely, I definitely just I've become a lot more open minded to the and.
Speaker 1: I think that's how a lot of people feel. I think like first when the news was out there, it was a bit like oh my gosh, like we said, like Harry Potter's our comfort blanket, like are you ready for newness? Like, and I think we all just like don't like change, But I know I'm like, oh God, to change. But I now feel like I'm really excited because it's just like new Harry Potter stuff, and I just actually love the story and I just like I love to get back, like you know, be watching anything new Harry Potter, Like I can't about that, and like hopefully by following the books and more well that I think that's what they said. They're going to follow the books more like faithfully. Obviously with the film it's a lot different having to fit it into like an hour and a half, two hours whatever. Yeah, actually they're all like two hours and over. But you know they're going to have more time to explore the different storylines. We might get that like a little bit more of like character development of like the peripheral characters which were a little bit more like normalcy to not just being like someone trying to Harry every year. So yeah, it's tough.
Speaker 2: It's I especially because there's just so many like for example, and there's just so many little scenes that I love in the books that I really hope I put into the new show because I it's such a random scene in the book spot when Ginny and Harry kiss after Quidditch in the common room. I just live for it. I absolutely.
Speaker 1: But you're a romance girlie, I really am.
Speaker 2: So that's what I'm holding up for.
Speaker 1: Yeah, more more romance, I know, Like I always say, like I love the fact that Harry gives his Try Wizard competition money to friend and George to open there. Just like little things like that that it's like again like more of just like the like the family feeling like the you know, like I mean that's a different art that's like family love. But those sort of little scenes I think like and I think that also like develops like Fred and George's characters, and I just hope that they sort of like I don't know, I think like sometimes the peripheral characters in the Harry Potter series get a bit of a hard time for not for not being so true to the book and like you said, everyone like, you know, especially Ginny. I think people love book Jinny and they don't not love film Jinny, but she's just not given the airtime to fully develop the character that we know from the books.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Why that's one of the things for me. Book Ginny is my favorite character. Ye, but film Jinny, I can't. I think Bonny rights, she's out of Bonnie right. But book Jinny really isn't shown in the in the films. I think there's so many scenes and there's just this dialogue and just her personality didn't come out in the films, I think.
Speaker 1: Totally because she's so like, I don't know, she's like electric. In the books, I think like she's sarky person and I do feel I do feel sorry for Bonnie because I think like it just wasn't there in the script for her to have to even bring it through, Like it wasn't anything she was doing. And I just like said, I love Bonnie and I think she's she's great, and what she did do was fine. But it's just like the more developed I want the characters more like developed, like even like Neville to some extent, like you know, I hope they give him like I think at the end it's more it's like him and him and Ginny have the reverse, Like Ginny's like quite in it, and then it sort of like slows down a little bit, and then Neville sort of like slow and then at the end it's like Neville, do you know what.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's definitely a pacing thing, which I feel like in the in a show, obviously, they've got so much more time hopefully to be able to just really show it more and develop these characters more. So that's definitely I feel the main reason why I don't mind the show just that it's new content. Knew how content it means. It's still in our lives and we get to see things, people storylines that we just didn't get in the films.
Speaker 1: I know people who haven't read the books are going to watch the series.
Speaker 2: For me, like what does happen in the movies?
Speaker 1: That's gonna be great. Maybe I shouldn't read the books and I'll sort of like surprise myself watching it and.
Speaker 2: I'm like, oh did that happen?
Speaker 1: Gosh, So I sat message you this before to get your thinking how on? But do you have any sort of like dream castings for I think it's hard for like Harry Ron Hermione and that those characters. I think the children, I'm guessing they're going to go pretty unknown. I think like I'm thinking more like adult the adult characters for me.
Speaker 2: I don't know how aware you are of the Marauder's fandom, but there's been a pretty serious fancast for a while of serious Remus and James, and then it's also Peter Pettigrew can't there's a singer who's that Scottish singer Lewis Capaldi. People want people want Lewis Capaldi as Peter Pettigrew.
Speaker 1: I'm obsessed with this, Yes, Lewis Peter vettigrat one. Okay, who else? Who have they got for serious and so serious?
Speaker 2: Is Ben Barnes?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: Ben Barnes is very much aware of this as well. And Andrew Garfield as Remus and Aaron Taylor Johnson as James.
Speaker 1: Okay, I am really obsessed with this, and it's making me excited for the series, even though these people aren't cars who you're this is?
Speaker 2: This is like so these are like the dreamcast that people had for like teenage them, but now the pretty much the age that they can play them as the adult ones in the new TV show. So I'm I'm not saying it's the perfect casting, but can we get any better?
Speaker 1: Uh No, I don't think you can. I am sending this straight to David Hayman as soon as we've finished this.
Speaker 2: We knew this. I'm ready to start a petition because I tell you, this is this, This fandom the world is fandom is is like really big and intense, and it's so people are passionate about these characters and these actors as these characters so definitely they're my dream casting for sure. Yeah, we need these people on board and I love it.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, so we've sorted it, guys. Done, We've got done for characters for you.
Speaker 2: There we go. You're welcome, You're welcome. You know what. Actually I didn't even mention it, but the main person who no one ever changes, and it's like the dream Fancaster. Everyone is Timothy shallow may as regulous black people look like everyone's like, are you a no non this person, this person, and everyone's just like, yes, I was very good as well. Everyone everyone's like, yeah, no, we all on that one.
Speaker 1: Yeah one d P and who doesn't love him with Shadowy.
Speaker 2: Like exactly exactly, And I don't know if you've ever seen it for there the interview that he did. My favorite thing about this is they're so aware of the fandom and that people of it. Because he turned up to an interview wearing a Slytherin jumper. It was it was an interview for Doune and he's with Zendaya and he's wearing it, and people went insane. The internet TikTok went crazy. Well, they were like, he knows, who knows?
Speaker 1: He knows so this is just a little bit more like fun like fun. Oh god, that's so cringe. I said, there's some fun questions, but what house are you in?
Speaker 2: I'm a gryffind or very proud gryffind or.
Speaker 1: Yeah, same, even though I feel like am I you know, and it's like I've said so long, But then I did do the test online. It's a I was. But then like I did this interview that day and someone's like, oh, so you're like and it's listed of some things, and I was like, oh, I don't know if I really am.
Speaker 2: I remember on in twenty twenty obviously Drake, you're talking around and if you were any like, you have to be a Slytherin, otherwise you were uncle. And every time I did the quiz, I got gryffindor. Every single time I did it. I remember one time I was so desperate to be not uncoll on TikTok that I was. I was like, Okay, what's most evil answer?
Speaker 1: I think you're like manipulating the test of me Slytherin. Yeah, I know.
Speaker 2: I was like, what guys, Slytherin. It says I'm a Slytherin. And I just remember that so and I think back to it and I was like, what were you doing? What you know?
Speaker 1: You are?
Speaker 2: Just accept it, Gryffindor I know.
Speaker 1: See, I feel like I'm going to do the test again and I'm just going to really try and like because I think like subconsciously I try and answer it like what would like like that, but I don't know what to do it. But then when I think about it, I might know I don't like no, like I know, yeah, okay, but yeah, I actually think I'm totally getting Griffin vibes from you. So yeah, You're never You're never slipping. I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: As much as twenty twenty me really wanted it's Lytherin, I just yeah, that's.
Speaker 1: Locked down you, that's locked down you. Yeah. Okay, favorite book of the Harry Potter series, not just like Little Women.
Speaker 2: Order the Phoenix, Order the Phoenix. Okay, yeah, no one says that.
Speaker 1: No, No, That's why I'm shocked these.
Speaker 2: Why why am why? I just my favorite characters series work right, and obviously that that book it's a sad time for me, but just getting so much more serious and just how been around and I just I don't know, I just find so much comfort in his character, and I just love his character. And yeah, I just because he's obviously involved in quite a bit in it, and I just love the I just love the storyline. I mean, I know lots of people feel differently about the film, not like it tends to be people's least favorite film, but I don't know. I just when series is in it, I'm just I'm going to read watch it.
Speaker 1: The book. The book is so different to the film, So I understand what you're saying in terms of especially in terms of, like we said, with all the peripheral characters that they don't quite get their flowers. But okay, then what's your favorite film in the series?
Speaker 2: Hands down, Prison That will never change, never change. It's just a cinematic masterpiece, like the cinematography, the act, in the locations, the.
Speaker 1: I just until, Yeah, I'm the same, like Prison of Raskmmanta I Die basically, Yeah, I love I really love that one. Okay, if you could brew one potion or use one spell in real life, what would it be, oh.
Speaker 2: Mmm, I would I really love the petronas the Patrona's charm I expect, like I just like, I don't know, just having my own patrollers and scene what it is? I mean, mine's a dolphin when I did it on the quiz, so it so I just yeah, that's just it's just so nice that I just yeah, I defer a patrol charm.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I get it. Okay. If there was one scene that you could watch over and over again, you could only watch one scene ever again, what would it be?
Speaker 2: It would be my favorite scene ever. And it's when Harry's writing book Buke. Yeah, I just he like, like I said before, like the cinematography, like where you can just see the lake listening and obviously Hogwarts in the back and it's one of the only times that he just walks from stressed. Yeah, he's free. And the music that is my favorite piece of music from the Harry Potter series. Everything just really came together in that scene and it just gives me chills everything that I've watched it thousands of times. Yeah, every single time I watch it, it just gives me just just just feel the warm Yeah.
Speaker 1: Titally totally. Okay, Now I've got a quick fire around well, I don't know if it's quick far of would you rather? Okay, are you up for it?
Speaker 2: I'm ready.
Speaker 1: That's okay, well it's not I'm calling it quick fire, but it's not really quick fire. It's just like, okay, let's go. I'm like I wrote these and I was like, these even good. I don't know, okay, would you rather have even I think I know what you're gonna say now, a pet hippograph or a petfestal.
Speaker 2: I want to say, Oh my gosh, I thought you're gonna I know, I just thinks like the baby Theestral is so cute, and I just I don't know. I just so I did go opposite that.
Speaker 1: I know what she's gonna say. You know what's so interesting about Baby Theesterral is I interviewed to see how not quick fire this is. I've already like one minute, let me just start talking. So the the concept artist who drew the Festerals drew them on like the side of like I'm guessing like Scotland, and he drew one and drew one in the background so it was like smaller and then only when they were looking at the picture of the directors like oh wait and I love the Baby Theestal and he was like, oh, that just actually a full sized Festerral but just like standing further back, and that's how the baby theestral, I know. And then you showed me the bitch and I was like, I totally see what you mean, but like you do, it just looks like a baby, a baby Festral.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Who would you rather have as a bestie Harry Ron or Hermione.
Speaker 2: Ron because we just eat everything. Yeah, we'll just dining.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, great, whole face. Yeah, okay. Would you rather spend a day with Bellatrix Strange or Doloris on Bridge? Whole day? Twenty four hours?
Speaker 2: Bellatrix just because I really can't stand on bridge? She met with cats and cats but perhaps that of sometimes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, totally. Would you rather have a time turner or invisibility cloak.
Speaker 2: Time turner?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, I think that's such just had fun. But would you rather have a this is a bit of romance. You're gonna love this. I read this, I was like what and I was like, okay, Like in my feelings, would you rather have a first kiss with Harry in the Astronomy Tower under the stars or a passionate kiss with Malfoy in the common room by the fire in the common room.
Speaker 2: As much as the people on TikTok wouldn't like me for this, I'm going to say the Astronomy Tower of Harry. Yeah, Astronomy Tower.
Speaker 1: I know, like we can kiss in the common room anytime we like going to the Astronomy Tower. Okay. Would you rather have a bogget turned into your most embarrassing memory or receive a howler in the Great Hall from an annoyed family member.
Speaker 2: Power because the bogger that would star me again?
Speaker 1: Yea, over that right last time? Would you rather spend the night alone in the Forbidden Forest or the Chamber of Secrets.
Speaker 2: It's Forbidden Forest just because there's unicorns and.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, you'd be scared, but at least you'd like see some good stuff maybe if you.
Speaker 2: Of course, you could make like a bed out of the leaves, like in the Chamber of Secrets. It's hard, it's wet, like now.
Speaker 1: I know, Like I remember the set for Chamber of Secrets, which is like so funny thinking about it now, But I always say this, like it was our favorite place to go and like play hyper secret we were filming, and I just like it's so funny because when I see it in the film, I'm like, first of all like surely. They were like can you not, like can you around the set all the time? Like this is like during break times, like when they weren't shooting. It was like up on like we'd walk. It was up at the flight shed, which in the studio tour like they had like where the car park is was like a runway. And then at the top they had like another sound stage where they had like that they did like things that were just in one film, if that makes sense. So like the first film they had like the chessboard up there. Then they have the Chamber of Secrets because obviously the other stages were there, like they're not going to knock down the Great Hall, but they knew they could get rid of those sets, Like yeah, so we always go up there and like play on those sets.
Speaker 2: Just annoyed.
Speaker 1: I know that they were like please guys, like health and safety nightmare, but we were like, yeah, we want to go play hide and seek. But you know, we were like so okay, now this next round is working title Love Potion a Vardika Diva Kiss under the Magic Missile Toe, which is my version of like it's not very avoid okay. First one, ron Fred and Bill, I think this is actually the hardest one I've given you.
Speaker 2: Ye Oh my gosh, I'm gonna oh.
Speaker 1: My gosh, Okay, go fast. Who who are you magicing missile title kiss Ron Fred Obell fred Fred Fred Okay, then let's go next on. So who we.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say Bill just because he's not around much anyway. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So you'll love pationing Ron.
Speaker 2: I mean it will be the first time. I mean we saw we saw him in half of Prince Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what you're getting with that. Okay, Next one, Serious Looping and Neville.
Speaker 2: I am going to Evada Nevell. Sorry Neville, but I just can't do it to group and serious. I just can't. I'm going to love Potion, serious and kiss and kiss, looping, magic, magic mistletoe.
Speaker 1: And you're thinking that Andrew Garfield.
Speaker 2: That stupid? Okay.
Speaker 1: Last one, Lucius Bellatrix lockhart.
Speaker 2: O, what car is being a val? I'm so sorry to annoying. I will magic Mistlete Bello tricks, I love that and love potion. Lucius perfect that That.
Speaker 1: Was That was probably the easiest one, really hard.
Speaker 2: I'm struggling with the other two. Espially, I'm sorry show a level as well.
Speaker 1: Oh only room for one birthday Quartz exactly exactly.
Speaker 2: I'm the thirtieth and Harry's never There's no room for you.
Speaker 1: There's no room, there's no roote completely okay. And last, this is my very last question. I think it's really relevant to you. If you could spend a day in any location from the Wisding world, where would it be.
Speaker 2: It would be the last when you visited.
Speaker 1: It can be anything, even you know, anywhere in the Wizarding Universe.
Speaker 2: It would be a day by the Black Lake having a picnic and then gets darker, have a little campfire and yeah, just a four day at the Black Lake with the whole wards in the background. I'm beaten.
Speaker 1: Oh love that. Can I come or go together? I love that? Okay, I think that's sort of almost I love that. Those were they fun questions. Yeah, I'll think that bit. I won't edit out the funk bit. I've got some questions. Actually, I guess I have got one question for you. What would be your advice to any sort of Harry Potter fan that's sort of thinking they want to get into the world of content, create creation.
Speaker 2: My advice would be just start the account, Just start it and just make friends. And engage with people. Just just just don't even think about like, oh is this weird or is this like should I not do this, or like think about twice about starting account. Just just do it. And there's always people who want to go into occasions, there's always people who are up for a trip. Yeah, one hundred percent that Just just make friends, just engage with people, just start the account, and then it would just from there you're just you'll you'll love it, and then posting what you love people recognize that, and that's there you have it. That's that's the perfect.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I think that's so true. I think your account is such a lovely positive place. I love looking at it, and I really feel like for anybody, I'm sure like I'm probably ninety nine percent of my listeners will already be like following you on your account. But I think it's like it's like the film. It is like escapism. Like I absolutely love just like looking up where you're going and what you're doing.
Speaker 2: I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just really fantastic.
Speaker 2: I appreciate that. I just yeah, I wive it myself, so the fact that other people love it, I mean, just makes it even better, doesn't it.
Speaker 1: So if you haven't already, please check out Melissa's insta TikTok. I'll obviously have it tagged all on my socials and in the show notes. And if you were ever planning a trip to the UK to see some of the Harry Potter locations, her socials are basically a one stop place to create the most perfect itinerary. There's literally no where she hasn't been and you could just come up with the most fantastic Harry Potter esque trip from where to go and where to stay. So it's absolutely amazing. So Melissa, thank you so much for coming on. I hope we can speak more again about the Marauders because since speaking to Melissa, I have gone deep into that fandom and I'm basically obsessed. But moving on to next week, I have one of my favorite people, Chloe Lavison, coming onto the pod. She is so open and honest about her relationship with the HP universe, and she really is just the most gorgeous person inside and out. Chloe talks about how Harry Potter got her through some difficult times, which is something I think so many of us can relate to. We also talk about our hopes for the series and casting, and of course she will be answering my would you rather questions and my love potion, magic mistletoe and a vadakadava set up, which yeah, that really made me laugh. But if you have any suggestions for would you rather questions or character groupings that I can put to some of these content creators, then let me know. I'm not sure if mine are any good, but they did make me laugh. Yeah, So anyway, if that sounds like something you want to hear, tune in next week. As always, I love you all and have a magical week.