Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to kf I AM six forty, the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Hey everybody, Hi, Hi, Hi. Yeah, the rookies here. I forgot to turn the microphone.
Speaker 1: You're not the rookie. We have no board offs.
Speaker 2: Do you want me to go in there?
Speaker 1: Marlote is in for Gary and Shannon today. Who are I don't know? They're gone, they're not laboring. Hey, can I ask you a question? I was listening to Wayne Yes, filling in for Handle Yes, and he was breaking down some story.
Speaker 2: Who was the story about? It was.
Speaker 1: Heather? Was it Nicole Kidman and her husband? How they don't text each other? Now you are married? I am married?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Do you text your husband?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Right, yes, And it's not it doesn't complicate things. You guys aren't going to get a divorce because he misunderstood a text.
Speaker 2: Oh no, no, not at all.
Speaker 1: That was the weirdest story.
Speaker 2: I mean they're brief texts. Yeah, but what it's just you.
Speaker 1: Know, if you did misunderstand or not under understand the text, Oh that happens, Yeah, you'd say, hey, honey.
Speaker 2: What did this mean? Yeah? Yeah, your relationship wouldn't augur into the ground, because that's probably a bad sign.
Speaker 1: I just.
Speaker 2: They don't text?
Speaker 1: Why because of misunderstanding? She I guess Nicole Kidman says she's a horrible Okay, so he went around and asked everybody what they're what's your last text from your husband? Unless it's crude?
Speaker 2: Yeah, let me make sure it's not pulling it up. See it's we haven't texted since what day was this Saturday?
Speaker 1: You're still together? Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Okay, the last text for my husband is of course.
Speaker 1: Wow, that sums up the relationship right there.
Speaker 2: With a heart. Isn't that sweet? Because I was asking him to clarify. I was out running errands and I asked him to clarify because I'm we're heavily invested in the Olympics, because we have a local, we have many locals there.
Speaker 1: Of course it's on in the other room as a matter of fact.
Speaker 2: Oh good, yes, and so we have Ezra fract from Los Angeles. He's doing crazy, he's yes, he is. He the nineteen year old today he made it to the finals of the one hundred meter. So I was asking him a question on text, and you know, I says. I asked, you know, is this what's happening in the event, and he said yes, of course. So that was the last text. No misunderstanding. All good. What's your last text from your wife?
Speaker 1: We live different lives?
Speaker 2: Oh okay, so here is your Micael.
Speaker 1: We live very different lives. Okay, so this is I'll go back to Monday, August twenty sixth I love you, Tracy. And I say her last name whenever I say her full name when I tell her I love right, she does. We don't share her last name. So and she goes, I love you, honey, and then I said. Then the next was Tuesday. I said, hi, honey, would you like me to order you some grilled nuggets from Chicksful? This is getting hot in hell? And then but it gets worse. And then on Friday she texts me any alcohol you need from Costco, to which I reply, I think I'm good.
Speaker 2: Love. It's about food and alcohol.
Speaker 1: That's about right, not yeah, no, that's good.
Speaker 2: It's a good, healthy relationship. But you know, speaking of it is Labor Day that we're coming to you live from Burbank. And of all of the things that are closed today, Costco is closed.
Speaker 1: Wow. They don't want people to labor, you know, Labor Day. These types of holidays are basically in the news and talk world, so the minorities work, yeah, because it's like it's like.
Speaker 2: Look look at the two of us. It's like it's like that.
Speaker 1: And storms very rarely do you see the white person out in the storm going.
Speaker 2: I'm here. It's like you're talking about on the live report.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So it's like I've done that many a times.
Speaker 1: Holidays it's like, oh, well, somebody's got to do it. Let's go ahead and do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because together we make a one full Mexican, one full Mexican. Yes, we do today.
Speaker 1: And I was barely let into the building today. By the way, Well it wasn't about being let in. It's not like some guy said, no one sees oh.
Speaker 2: No way, no, how I was thinking, have I not been here on a holiday before? Because the gates were down. Yeah, all the gates were down, so I went to each one and then my car would swipe green, but the gate wouldn't open, so Neil had to come save me, and I parked somewhere. We'll see if I'm not towed at one of Oh.
Speaker 1: You'll be fine, we'll see you'll be fine. If if not, we should do it just like on breaks. Go check and we'll do a little countdown.
Speaker 2: So far, so good. You can see it.
Speaker 1: Car You'll be just thet You're not real attached to it, are you.
Speaker 2: I'm a runner, I'll just my next job, is it? You're less than a marathon away from home?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And by the way, traffic today, well, which i'd have the four or five open to myself. There was no there's zero.
Speaker 1: So the history of Labor Day, first Labor Day occurred eighteen eighty two in New York City, so no one else got it.
Speaker 2: There was some that was the first one, and then there were some other states that want to adopt it individually. But it became a federal holiday in eighteen ninety four. So we've been celebrating it for one hundred and thirty four years.
Speaker 1: And didn't it tight into unions or something?
Speaker 2: It did.
Speaker 1: We're celebrating unions.
Speaker 2: Well, and it was working too much, so they wanted a day off as a result of that.
Speaker 1: But isn't that what the union's for? So you're celebrating that the union got what they asked for. Yeah, yes, did they pay off all the politicians like they do now make it make sense?
Speaker 2: And I was looking up so Labor Day facts, and Labor Day is older than the US Department of Labor that was created in nineteen thirteen, so it's about twenty years younger. And the forty hour work week wasn't introduced. When did that become federal law?
Speaker 1: Do you have any See here's the thing with that, that we you just worked the eight hour days. All that stuff came later. Eight hour days, forty hour work weeks, all those things came much later because you just worked until es got done right, and it didn't matter.
Speaker 2: What actually the sun went down.
Speaker 1: Can you remember getting your workers permit when you were younger?
Speaker 2: No, yeah, you don't remember.
Speaker 1: You had if you were under a certain age and you wanted to work, you had to get a worker's permit.
Speaker 2: Well, my first job was sixteen. I mean I did little things around the neighborhood, right, But my first actual job was at a grocery store, Safeway, and I was a I was a backer, Yeah, courtesy clerk. I didn't need a.
Speaker 1: Work for courtesy clerk. That's you know what they call those now, the actual shoppers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, yeah, I know.
Speaker 1: I had someone stare at me the other day. I was looking and they didn't bag it. They didn't ask me if I wanted a bag, they didn't do anything.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm I'm one of those that I like to bag my own really.
Speaker 1: Oh well, because I.
Speaker 2: Was a bagger Heather, Yes, was that Heather? Yeah, that was me. I do too. Yes, see, I like it done a certain way. Yeah, And I will say this, So I was in a union speaker.
Speaker 1: Outing men jump in that's okay.
Speaker 2: And we literally were taught how to do the bagging. And now, not to disparage the courtesy clerks of today, there are.
Speaker 1: No courtesy clerks. There are no bag boys.
Speaker 2: Usually the soaps put in with the on top of the produce, and that's so wrong.
Speaker 1: Oh, you're not supposed to mix.
Speaker 2: Chemicals, absolutely not some very particular.
Speaker 1: Well that's not being particular. It's just you don't put gas food. Yeah, well, you don't put chemicals with food. That's most things are common sense. Well, no, yes, there's a lot of things that are. Yeah, that should be, that should be common sense. Yes, you go back to the levitical laws and you can see they're going, hey, don't poop where you eat. It's not God does say it. Don't poop on your food. You just it's reason.
Speaker 2: Well, you would think, but it doesn't always try.
Speaker 1: It was your courtesy personnel training.
Speaker 2: A couple of weeks, and then I was promoted to checker when I was eight because you had to be eighteen to be a checker.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you're handling money and you have to reverse count money. And they sent you to checker school back then. And I went for one week and stayed at a holiday inn and went to school every day eight to five and learned all the codes that most of which I remember today.
Speaker 2: So when you have to do your own produce, sure had the checkout. I can tell you that bananas are forty eleven. I can tell you that avocados are forty sixty eight. I can tell you that peaches are forty thirty seven. And at the end of those that.
Speaker 1: Training they still have that at Safeway they do. There's the exact same codes.
Speaker 2: Yes, exactly, Yes, I mean check your produce when you get home, the little sticker on it.
Speaker 1: So like if the you're saying, if you went to a safe way, yes it's universal, was going to crash and they said, is there anybody here that can fly this safeway? You could get up and you could sit behind that cash register and you could do it.
Speaker 2: I'd have a pretty good idea of what I was doing.
Speaker 1: Holy smokes, I'm going to ask you a question, Marla. Oh is there anything you cannot do?
Speaker 2: Stop it? Yes?
Speaker 1: I want to see you do that. I want to wind folds you and take you into a safeway. See, jeez all, this is a peach.
Speaker 2: This is this is when I learned what bockchoy was and leaks and all of that. Excellent.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm impressed. Is it a pool working in a grocery store that they say it is?
Speaker 2: No? I liked it a lot of it was six years, six years.
Speaker 1: Not a lot of Hey, check out my produce. No, I just hear there's some places. Yeah, they say about nurses and stuff like that too. I mean I hear this stuff I've not.
Speaker 2: I mean I got some dates out of it. Yeah? Sure, yeah?
Speaker 1: Wait is that checking me out?
Speaker 2: I check them out? If you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, was that a food pun like literal dates or are you talking about.
Speaker 2: With literal literal dates?
Speaker 1: Excellent? Well, this is why we're working on the holidays a lot more of this. We're gonna sift through the boring news and give you the good stuff. And marletteis from Fox eleven. Neils in for Gary and Shannon today. Happy Labor Day to you, Thanks for your your laboring and doing stuff getting those widgets out to us.
Speaker 4: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: It is the Gary and Shannon Show. Neil Savedra and Marlteez filling in on this labor day. Happy Labor Day to you, beautiful day outside hope you are not laboring and enjoying yourself. A crazy story that keeps getting crazier. You know, you think the one thing that's going to be stable in life is the Terra Firma, you know, the ground underneath you. Story of one hundred and forty Rancho Palas Verdes homes having their power shut off just yesterday, evacuation warnings and to give us the latest on this, Chris, our very own Chris is out there in Rancho's pellos freddie or to talk to us on the story.
Speaker 5: Rather, Good morning, Chris, Marnie, I get the Fork reporter and Marla the Magnificent.
Speaker 2: Today unless be my birthday, butter us upright, yeah, shot.
Speaker 6: For reporters are really good at that.
Speaker 2: So John Cobelt right now will take it.
Speaker 5: You guys though, But you know this, this story, like you said, Neil, is just it's evolving, it's ever changing, and we've been following it since it broke.
Speaker 6: We know that the land moved.
Speaker 5: The land has been moving for decades along Portuguese Bend. The city's known it, the residents have known it. But what we're gathering is that nobody, including the utilities, thought that this disaster was going to come as soon as it has and as quickly as it has.
Speaker 6: So this rainfall that we got in twenty twenty three was was record.
Speaker 5: It saturated the ground and that's what the geologists are saying has caused this exponential movement. Some areas along Portuguese Bend are moving up to a foot a week and that is significant.
Speaker 6: You guys.
Speaker 5: I don't know if you've made it around that bend, but they've had to take down the Wayfarer's Chapel. The ground is constantly being repaved. There's even a little dip going down in that area. In Portuguese bend. It's almost like a little roller coaster drop where the land just keeps moving and they have to keep fixing it. So, because of this land movement, sc shut off the power to one hundred and forty homes yesterday. At noon today they say they're going to be shutting off one hundred and five more accounts at one hundred and five.
Speaker 6: More homes along Seaview.
Speaker 5: There are two hundred and seventy homes along Seaview, but one hundred and five are most affected. And of that one hundred five, some of them will be permanently turned off. Others will be turned off temporarily while they try to mitigate the damage. And residents are just anxiety ridden, they're stressed, they're worried, they don't know what's coming next. They're kind of rallying together and helping each other provide generators, and for now it's keeping them in their homes, but long term, we really don't know what exactly is going to happen here.
Speaker 1: Chris, are they being compliant or are they pushing back on evacuation?
Speaker 5: Well, right now it's an evacuation warning, not an order, Neil, So once it becomes an evacuation order, they will have to evacuate. As an evacuation order, they're being told with families with children, elderly, anybody who's vulnerable or needs more time to evacuate, people with animals. They're being told to get ready because it's likely coming, and so they want them to start preparing. But residents that we've spoken with say they're going to hunker down. They're not going to evacuate. Wait, and you know, whether they'll have martial law or they'll have police officers come in and escort them.
Speaker 6: You know, that remains to be seen.
Speaker 5: But there are some residents in the area that say they will not leave well.
Speaker 2: And the scary thing is about the future because so Edison telling all of those folks there that this is indefinite the shutoffs. So if they do have to actually leave their homes, the question is will they be able to ever return. Is there a plan in place to figure out how to make that powered without the gas because that was cut off last month from any of these homeowners. Now it's the electra too. So they now, as you said, bending together, in terms of compensation, are they being compensated. I know that La County Supervisor Janis Hans. She was out there and she was saying that we're going to a lot. I think she said five million dollars more. Where does that money go?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 6: So five million, that's the question.
Speaker 5: Will it be allocated to help these people relocate.
Speaker 6: I spoke with a law.
Speaker 5: Firm that represents this city and I asked them about that. I said, well, you know, if these people do get evacuated, is this temporary?
Speaker 6: Will they be able to go back home get their personal belongings?
Speaker 5: Well, you know, what do they do with the property? What happens to that investment? You know, all that money in time? And they said, well, that will be determined on the safety if it is safe for them to return or not. Well, what if it's never safe for them to return? And Marla, like you said, five million dollars is being added by La County Supervisor Janis Hahn.
Speaker 6: She has been vocal about.
Speaker 5: The situation and has requested multiple times for a declaration of a state of emergency. Now the city that area is under a local emergency, which was extended in the beginning of the year.
Speaker 6: However, a state of emergency.
Speaker 5: Would allow them expedited assistance, more money they could bypass permits, and that's what they're looking for. Governor Newsom has not responded to that yet and there's still waiting for that. They've asked him at least twice formally for a state of emergency. But what we know is happening is the utilities in the city are looking to provide them vouchers and credit I will credits on their utilities if they ever use them somewhere else, vouchers for hotels to get them into discounted hotels. But you know, that's all, that's all minimal and in the long term, these are multimillion dollar homes and what do they do if they cannot return. But it looks like we spoke with See and looks like they're trying to figure out ways to fix the problem so people can get back into their homes.
Speaker 6: But I'll just play a quick clip for you guys here.
Speaker 3: We've been working to mitigate the effects of the situation as quickly as we can. However, there have been instances where we're unable to foresee the impacts. We understand this is an incredibly difficult situation for the community and we're experiencing this event a lot inside them.
Speaker 5: So Marla to answer your question, it's it's almost like there's no day day by day.
Speaker 1: The reality is it's like slipping in a tub. I mean, you try and if you try to get up to the point where you were gonna slip and not slip, it's not.
Speaker 2: You're looking at what.
Speaker 1: Inch and a half day you were saying it was a foot a week or something week. That is massive shifting. And like anything else, if you push the water glass towards the edge of the table, there's at some point where it catches and it's done. And I don't see in this situation anything they can do to save those houses yet. And it doesn't seem like they're coming out saying this is what there's hope. But the reality is, this is shifting at such a rate, this is gonna be a mess, and it's gonna snap. It's gonna be like a rubber band. It's not if people are thinking, well, it's only this now, I think that's throwing the hope.
Speaker 2: It could be inevitable. Yeah, so, Chris, I've been following the story at Fox eleven to two, and I had the mayor of Rancho Palace Verdi's on John Crookshank and He is upset that the governor has not made it a point to make sure that this state emergency is officially declared so that they can get the funds. And he's upset that he hasn't actually visited the site. He was down here not long ago, remember doing the photo op of the homeless encampment that he was cleaning up. So we're going to actually be talking to him at the top of the hour. The mayor of Rancha Pella's vertice, John Crookshank, he will join us live at the top of the ten.
Speaker 1: Chris, thanks so much for taking the time. We know it's your day off. Stop laboring. Yes, thank you, Chris, stop Lake, no.
Speaker 6: Thank you, and thanks for filling in for us. Marlo. We always love having you on. Oh nice, We love you too, Neil.
Speaker 1: Oh the news love It's slobbery and weird. Thanks Chris, deal with it all right. It is Neilvadra. Marlt is in for Gary and Shannon today.
Speaker 4: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: Happy Labor Day to you. Neil Sevadra and Marla Tay is in for Gary and Shannon today. The beautiful day outside I hope you are spending time with the family on laboring and getting your grill on. That's gonna say, getting ready for the BBQ. What's your jam when it comes to the grill?
Speaker 2: Oh? Anything, I'm not picky, but chicken ribs, salmon, Oh, salmon on, salmon on a drill. Yeah, John's been doing that lately. That's good.
Speaker 1: A really simple salmon on the grill is salmon honey mustard and then plopping on the grill.
Speaker 2: You're speaking my language with the honey mustard. I'm the mustard girl, through and through any kind mm hmmm. The spicier the better.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you it's the rule. But five minutes per inch per side, so easy, peasy lemon squeeze, that's right.
Speaker 2: Takes no time, easily overcooked often.
Speaker 1: Yes, you don't want this is a problem. Yes, okay, not a real easy segue. Now into the horrible story of the missing Redlands couple. It continues today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so this is This all started on August twenty fourth, when this seventy three year old woman named Stephanie Minard and her seventy nine year old husband, Daniel Minard. They were reported missing along with their dog. It's been a week and a half now, and it was last week that we were over the scene with Skyfawx and they had a it's called the Rook. Did you see those images.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've seen this thing before. It's got the hydraulic battering ram.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It it is a it looks like something out of Gotham City.
Speaker 2: It was wild and it got stuck at one point. So they were completely demolished one of these homes on a property that is a newdest ranch in Redlands. It's called the Olive Dell Ranch, and so there are several properties within it, and this battering ram was completely demolishing one of these homes. They got word of a neighbor potentially involved someone who lived on the property, and they eventually found him took him into custody. He's sixty two year old Michael Royce Sparks. He is arrested on suspicion of their murder and.
Speaker 1: They found him underneath with a weapon and that he had tried to end his life and apparently it missfired. There was a gun locked up and it wouldn't fire. So fresh in my memory because I remember seeing the images. What was with the intense destruction of the house instead of breaching the door or window or typical swat type.
Speaker 2: I don't know the answer to that. I know that when we got over the scene, half of it was already demolished, yet I don't know, it looked like a bomb had gone off. And then come to find out, they found a concrete bunker below, so maybe they had some tips on just how so they inphisticated this was right, and so within that bunker they found human remains on Friday, and they have declared this couple dead. They haven't identified these remains, but then yesterday and today they have found more human remains.
Speaker 1: So you know, I'm guessing the basic logic, as gruesome as it is, you know, if you find two pairs of femurs or something, and then you find a third pair, you know that they're because it's like depending on how how do you say this without being two morbid?
Speaker 2: But just remember anybody did he know?
Speaker 1: It's like, so you're looking, are they puzzle pieces or they intact in the in a way where it's like, okay, no, we can tell that this is another person, but hard to say, but there's somebody, there's somebody else that's been missing or other remains like the story, maybe there is a family out there that don't know where a family member is, and this is going to wrap up that story as well, because one is immediate, right, you know what they went missing in in August, earlier in August, on the twenty fourth, that's at least when they were last seen, and so that's fresh. But this other body, we don't know in what state it was, or how long it's been in there, if there's if this is a tomb of some kind down in that concrete well.
Speaker 2: The concrete bunker is eerie and creepy. And then of course a lot of the people who lived on who currently live there at this new dist ranch, they say, oh, this guy was he was fine. He was you know, he was not harmful, there was nothing weird about him. But then there's another thing where there was a dispute between the suspect and the husband, Daniel Menard, over a tree, and so he had some bad blood for him. These are just one of the theories that you know, we've heard from the neighbors there who live there. So we'll see he's doing court for his first appearance tomorrow. Again. This is Michael Sparks sixty two years old. In the meantime, how long will it take to identify these remains? And the mystery of more remains found and the dog, the dog has been found, Little Shitsu named Cuddles. Terrible.
Speaker 1: That's a weird way to end that story. So I'm going to add just one more punctuation before we leave on Cuddles. But if it was a crime of passion due to a circumstance like a tree and somebody got really fired up or something, whatever it might be, is horrible unto itself. But the fact that this may be a pattern of somebody who has been taking lives or doing.
Speaker 2: I hadn't heard the report that someone else had gone missing there.
Speaker 1: But they're finding I'm saying, if they're finding other body parts down there.
Speaker 2: Right, But to your point, were they dismembered? Is it all the same?
Speaker 1: Find out it's an actual it's another body serial killer sort of a thing. Yeah, that would be crazy.
Speaker 2: That's a better way to the end of the story than on Cuddles.
Speaker 1: It just seemed like a weird twist at the end. It's like, well, you don't want to red black, red big, We'll be right back now.
Speaker 2: People love their animals.
Speaker 1: Alrighty love those animals.
Speaker 4: On Labor Day, you're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: Hey everybody, Neil Savedra and Marla Teas, Fox eleven Televisions. Marla Teas, I like the sound of that.
Speaker 2: I like it too. It has a nice ring to it. I suppose it's so. It's nice to be here. Though.
Speaker 1: Have you matured or changed a little bit since your billboards went up? I can tell is it? Does it change a person to have that? Does it themselves? So wild?
Speaker 2: You know? I mean I've been at Fox eleven for it'll be eleven years, if you can believe it.
Speaker 1: Look at that and yeah, would that be considered your what is that your golden birthday or whatever? When it matches the radio or when it matches the call.
Speaker 2: Oh, I thought about that.
Speaker 1: I'm here for you, thank you to fill in the gap.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll tell the boss. I doubt that's going.
Speaker 1: To do anything eleven eleven eleven or something for me and put your face on a billboard.
Speaker 2: Yes, that was something else. Really, it's amazing. I you know, of course I had to go see it for myself, and I got emotional.
Speaker 1: So let's see a billboard is forty eight feet wide. I'm trying to think what dimensions I am? Yeah, what like, how many times did they get I'm actually tall? Like how many times that is? If real size?
Speaker 2: I'm scary.
Speaker 1: That's a bit.
Speaker 2: I wonder how many accidents have caused.
Speaker 1: Could you imagine if you were that size and you did a marathon show knocking over angeline billboards?
Speaker 2: Do it?
Speaker 1: She did it in thirteen seconds.
Speaker 2: And we do have a story about the perils of running marathons. Oh yeah, coming up in a little bit.
Speaker 1: But now we have to do Terror in the Dundunt. You have to say it again, Terror in the Skies.
Speaker 2: Roll it Terror.
Speaker 1: There we are at the day off Roger, get off my plane, Roger Rogers.
Speaker 2: What's our Victor? Victor?
Speaker 1: No is eno.
Speaker 2: I have had to put these munkey pipe snakes on this money.
Speaker 4: It's Gary and Shannon's.
Speaker 1: Terror in the Skies were running the show today like a well oiled Boeing, Right, So though, speaking of Boeing, we'll start with this. It will throw it in with Terror and the Skies because it really is, it really is stranded. NASA astronauts contacted Houston and I hope to god. They said, Houston, we have a problem, a strange noise, and they were describing it like a like a sonar ping or something.
Speaker 2: Well that was after the fact that he just said, I don't know, I'm hearing this strange noise.
Speaker 1: And they send it back like via phone or something.
Speaker 2: Can you record it? And so they did, and at which point they said, Michigan Control says, it sounds like a pulsiting noise, almost like a sonar ping.
Speaker 1: But is it.
Speaker 2: First of all, this crew has gone through so much. They were there in June. They went up there in June and thought they were going to be there for what a week?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was it was pretty short week, two weeks something like that.
Speaker 2: And now they're not going to be rescued by Elon until February.
Speaker 1: Do they have washing machines up there? Because I'm wondering if you packed, there's two weeks, there's a week or something, and then it's like you're still on wearing Tuesdays and it's like three months later. Yeah, but can you imagine me to send them some downy You don't even know if your brain is working at that point.
Speaker 2: Maybe they're hearing things, but.
Speaker 1: They sent it and apparently there was some noise, and all I could think was, you know, alien Romulus just coming out the movie. All I could think was, isn't that the beginning of every horror movie? In space We're hearing Yeah, Houston, what does this sound?
Speaker 2: You do that? Well? It says get out well. And then also, you know, they said, basically, we hate SpaceX. We've talked beep about them all the time, and now they're bailing us out.
Speaker 1: Oh well, that's the that's you know, you can bad mouth all you want Elon and all of that stuff. You can say geniuses are troublemakers. I'm sorry, the good ones are troublemakers. He's going to rub people the wrong way.
Speaker 2: And he's in a fight with Brazil right now now over X. And it's very country.
Speaker 1: Because they said, hey, you know, we want you to take that off starlink and he goes, yeah, okay, no. Anyways, this story is weird. Crying child reported locked in an airplane bathroom. Talk about terror in the skies for this kid.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Two strangers reportedly kept a baby in the bathroom because the child wouldn't stop crying. This is during a three hour flight. The airline drew criticism for this and has since issued an apology. In the clip this has been on TikTok. By the way, it's where it got all the views. One of the adults, who was a stranger to the child, reportedly told the little girl, quote, we won't let you out unless you stop crying.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The baby was traveling with her grandmother, who apparently consented to two strangers taking her into the bathroom.
Speaker 2: Says child abuse. You can't do that, you think.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 2: With a non parent, No, but I love that.
Speaker 4: I love that.
Speaker 2: It was just like, hey, that's not right. You can't lock.
Speaker 1: Another human in, you know, strangers. I don't know why they let them, you know, listen. I was always taught don't be surprised by the mundane. Oh my gosh, my day was ruined because the tire popped. You're taking a five thousand pound metal vehicle, putting it on two air filled rubber tires on an open street with shrapnel and all kinds of things, and you're like, oh my gosh, a tire popped. So kids are going to cry. They're in a pressurized tube thirty thousand feet over the planet. They're going to cry. Things happen that are normal, that is normal. Relax and deal with that. Well.
Speaker 2: I mean, of course, once you're in there and you are that, you are not the you're not related to the child, it can be a nuisance.
Speaker 1: But you know, I worry about the parent. That's what I do.
Speaker 2: I want to be the grandmother needs to be held accountable.
Speaker 1: She needs to be put headfirst into a toilet and on a plane and let that blue water so go over in her hair. Actually a lot of the old people do like the blue hair.
Speaker 2: Oh well, I just got my grace dead. Over the weekend, I digress, uh, over the weekend tearing the sky. This was awful. Do you see this incredible video out of Oregon. Oh, the small plane that crash into three into some of these town homes and now three people are dead. I mean it was just as you can imagine, just lit up.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Two transmission lines from the Portland General Electric were down as a result of the crash as well.
Speaker 2: So you've got not.
Speaker 1: Only the horrible uh three dead, but you have at least five families or more that were displaced. I mean it's a huge mess. Now, the this.
Speaker 2: Is a fair View, which is just outside of Portland. And of course it was a it was a twin engine Sessna.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what I look for first, is I'm like, which plane was it? And often that's the culprit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean they don't know the cause yet, but of course FAA is on it investigating, you know.
Speaker 1: But you got to imagine those smaller plane. And then they want us to have flying cars. Everybody goes, how come we don't have flying Well, they're going to have the flying taxis apparently by I think twenty twenty six, if the FAA approves it. Well, we already we've had the technology forever forever.
Speaker 2: I still haven't even tried to weigh mo.
Speaker 1: And that's on the ground and that's all you need and have no and they're having those the honking problems. You heard about that and that is where they're honking. Yeah, so we're going to have over the air as the air taxis go around.
Speaker 2: I pulled up to a light and three lanes Santa Monica Boulevard, west side of Los Angeles. I'm in the I look over to my left. There is a way moo, no human inside. I didn't see I couldn't see that the windows were tenant, so I couldn't see if there was passengers. Looked to my right. A cyber truck pulls up right next to me. I felt like I was.
Speaker 1: In you were the meat in the douchebags terminator.
Speaker 2: I thought I was Where am I? People?
Speaker 1: People? Welcome to Johnny cap Where would you like to go today?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Eight more of this coming back Gary and Shannon Show, Marlettez and Neil Sevadra filling in. Happy Labor Day to you. We'll be back with more. This is KFI heard everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. You've been listening to the Gary and Shannon Show, you can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app