Speaker 1: Welcome to May's Mouth, a Ghostwax interlude. May's Mouth is set in the worlds of Ghostwax, but is a shade darker and contains graphic content. Listener discretion is advised. Episode three, Home Invasion.
Speaker 2: The home is so plain you almost can't see it amid the others around it, well maintained, non descript. There's something in the basement.
Speaker 3: Hun, time's a ticking on. Bus isn't gonna wait, and it'll be here any minute. I don't have time to drive you. I have errands to run. Gotta get to the Costco before it becomes a zoo. Breakfast is ready, sitting on the table, getting cold. There's my girl hurrying it up, but don't spill. Delivery just came, so I filled the bowl all the way up. Rationing's over for now.
Speaker 2: A young mother, a girl in middle school. You couldn't describe notable features if you had to. The girl sits at a table at a white porcelain bowl full of red liquid.
Speaker 3: Breakfast is the most important meal of the day other than luncheon dinner. I crack myself up.
Speaker 2: The girl's gaze is strange and intense. She turns slowly to look out the front window. It's a sunny day. The girl doesn't speak, but the woman hears her and responds.
Speaker 3: Hmm, oh, I'm not sure who they are, been there all morning. Maybe they like the neighborhood and are looking for properties. This is a great neighborhood. I'm not worried, honey, bunny. Maybe they're going to make an offer on our house. Happens all the time. It's a real seller's market. Housing shortage. Nothing to worry about you. Missing school is more fuss than anything they'll cause. Oh that's the bus. Eat up and get scootin. Oh jeez, yes, hello there.
Speaker 4: Hi mom. It's a lovely day, don't you think?
Speaker 3: Well, I suppose so. Is there something I can do to help you?
Speaker 4: Yes, we work for Midnight Snacks, the delivery service. We just wanted to ask you some questions about your experience with it, you know, so we can serve you better.
Speaker 3: Oh well, no, I don't think I have the time. Got to get to the costco before it turns into a zoo.
Speaker 4: It'll only take a minute. We just want to ask a few questions.
Speaker 3: No, no, I uh no, I am very happy with the service.
Speaker 4: What do they bring you?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, you'll have to go very happy. Five stars.
Speaker 4: What are you?
Speaker 3: Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.
Speaker 5: Get your hands out the sink and up in the air, VICKI check upstairs, fig check the back streets.
Speaker 4: Clear, he said, get your fucking hands up.
Speaker 6: Jesus, were you reaching for that knife?
Speaker 3: No? No, I wasn't, No, sir.
Speaker 6: What the fuck is with her?
Speaker 4: Stepford wife?
Speaker 6: Is there anyone else in the home.
Speaker 3: No, my husband is off at work.
Speaker 4: Lady, there's no husband. We've been watching you for three days and you and your daughter are the only people here. What.
Speaker 3: No, and no, that's not true. He's he's just at work.
Speaker 4: She's fucking one of them. We fucking got one. We got one day.
Speaker 2: Come upstairs?
Speaker 4: Is clear?
Speaker 7: The daughter's room, it's not right.
Speaker 4: What do you mean it's it's just a room. Huh. It's like it's just a room.
Speaker 2: It's no toys, no Jonathan Taylor Thomas posters or princess shit or anything.
Speaker 6: It's just like it looks like a prison cell.
Speaker 4: Jonathan and Taylor Thomas. How old I got any thoughts on that? Lady? M A lack of human stuff? Got an explanation what's your name?
Speaker 3: I'm uh, I'm will shoot. You've got me flustered.
Speaker 1: You don't know your name?
Speaker 3: Holy shit?
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, holy shit, we've got one.
Speaker 1: You don't have a name, do you?
Speaker 3: Well? I just get called mom around here.
Speaker 7: No one in the back. But I just saw the sickest shit I've ever seen. What he's sick fox tote. I have a TV, of course we do.
Speaker 3: I watch soaps and prices right, and you people need to leave. You get out of here. You're making me all confused. You've got me all flustered. Things things aren't seeming right, and the things you are saying are making me upset. I try to be a gracious host. I do, but you just skidaddle, skidaddle. God Jesus, you people need to leave now. Whatever you think you were going to do here to day, you just forget that. It's a lovely day, a really nice, lovely day, and it should stay that way. So you should go. Just turn around and head back to the hole you slithered out of. I I'm sorry that wasn't polite. Just don't do anything you'll regret. Time's running out.
Speaker 4: Get a grip.
Speaker 3: We have questions, Well, if they are about the best velvet of sausage tip recipe. I can sure help you.
Speaker 4: Jesus Christ, look at me, Look at the gun in my hand.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm looking. I just don't know why I'm seeing it.
Speaker 4: You are part of something. You are part of something that stole from us, infected us. We've been after you people for a long time, and we are going to get some answers.
Speaker 3: Can I get you a snack?
Speaker 4: Should I hit her? Yeah? I feel like I should hit her. No, I don't think she's in there. Look at her eyes like a dead light bulb.
Speaker 1: Fucking creepy. Okay, so she's what a robot?
Speaker 6: A fake, she's camouflage.
Speaker 4: So if she doesn't know anything, then what then? What I mean?
Speaker 6: We tossed the place right, there has to be something here has to be.
Speaker 7: We could cut her up, see what's in there? Maybe she's got some maze air.
Speaker 4: You want to murder our only lead?
Speaker 7: How is she a lead? She's twitching because we won't let her finish the dishes.
Speaker 4: Maybe it's maybe it's like an act or something. Right, Maybe maybe she's just fucking with us.
Speaker 6: I still think I should hit her.
Speaker 7: Rattle Occasionally she gives it off if she doesn't know something that you know someone who does. I mean she orders that.
Speaker 4: Hey, hey, hey, hey, look what she's done.
Speaker 6: I saw that she shimmied over the fridge like she's blocking it.
Speaker 3: I just thought you all might like a snack.
Speaker 4: Fucking move, I fucking move. What the fuck?
Speaker 2: The container is plain, clear plastic but sturdy, with a thick, tightly ceiling lid. Inside is red red liquid of an unusual hue. So strange, just sitting there between the mustard and the lettuce.
Speaker 6: It's what the hell is this? This is what they get delivered. Look at the stump on the top. It's the hell is it? It's I mean.
Speaker 7: It's from a deli. It's in the fridge, is it? It's food?
Speaker 3: Right, don't go fussing with that. We won't get any more of it for a while. Don't go spilling it or I'll be very cross. Oh fucking hell, god, what is it you're come fucking smelling?
Speaker 4: No, I'm fine here, thank you.
Speaker 7: A thousand with pennies fucking each other.
Speaker 6: I mean it's blood or some kind of I don't know, mate, water.
Speaker 3: Oh, don't be ridiculous.
Speaker 1: What is it?
Speaker 6: Then?
Speaker 3: Time?
Speaker 4: What the fuck are you talking about mm hmm.
Speaker 3: I just want you people to go away so I can run my errands.
Speaker 6: We've come a long way and done a lot of hurting to get some answers, and we aren't gonna stop now. Hey, did anyone hut the basement?
Speaker 4: I've got it.
Speaker 2: Mom opens her mouth, Jesus, cry, shut her the fuck eye.
Speaker 6: I can't shut the fuck cover her mouth.
Speaker 7: I am stop this thing not coming out of her mouth. Lady, I will fucking shoot you, and you have to shut her up.
Speaker 3: Oh god, I can't nick it.
Speaker 1: Shut up one.
Speaker 6: God, damn it. What the hell?
Speaker 4: What the hell?
Speaker 6: I was definitely an alarm.
Speaker 3: Honey, why aren't you at school? Shit, come here, such a nice day.
Speaker 6: Hey, it's fine, just come here.
Speaker 2: She blossomed like a flower, opening at the ribs, like a bloom of bone and skin and hooks, propelled forward by ragged strips of what had appeared to be a young girl. Wait wait, wait, even a big man looks like a doll. When flailed around fast enough, Molly felt something tremble inside her, something sizzled and changed. She gave into it.
Speaker 4: Stop die.
Speaker 8: Hm hmm, fuck, sh my god, Oh.
Speaker 7: Please, what the fuck are you doing?
Speaker 3: Everyone seems stressed. Thought I'd make lemonade. I have a good mix.
Speaker 1: Thank you for listening to ghost Wax, a production of Foreign Tall Tales. Find us at Farign, Tall Tales dot squarespace dot com. If you like the show, please rate and review and consider joining us on Patreon at Patreon dot com, slash Farig and Tall Tales. Ghost Wax is written and directed by Robert Knutson, production and editing by Aaron Schoenrock, with music by Colton war. This episode features Michael mcgeekon as Ben, Abigail Ramsdale as Molly, Adrian Northam as Fig, Ellison Cossett as Vicky, and Billy Joe Conns as Mom.