Speaker 1: This is Dan Capless and welcome to today's online podcast edition of The Dan Caplis Show. Please be sure to give us a five star rating if you'd be so kind, and to subscribe, download and listen to the show every single day on your favorite podcast platform.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to The Dan Caplis Show, being guest hosted by Weldkenny Shriff Steve Roims. This is day three of my hosting gig, and the last day of my hosting gig this particular go around, and hopefully I'll have his chance in the future. Dan's a busy guy and I know he's going to be in court a bunch in some upcoming weeks and months, So hopefully I'll be back on the air with you sometime in the near future. But I'm sure you're all waiting to hear Dan back soon. Unfortunately, he won't be here the rest of the week, so tomorrow you'll have a different guest host for Thursday and Friday, and I'll leave that to Ryan and the rest of the folks to introduce who that person is going to be coming up tomorrow. But for today, we've got a jam packed schedule, and of course I packed the schedule as full as I could on a day that Ryan is definitely working single handedly behind the glass. So he's going to be as busy as he's as he can possibly be. But he's a man of many talents. I know we're going to make this work. Over the last few days, I've brought up several topics. Hopefully you've been listening. On Monday, we talked a lot about illegal immigration and kind of how that impacts your life where you stand. Are you part of the fifty six percent of America that says deport them all? Most of you that called in or texted in are definitely in that boat. In fact, I think all of you that called in, we're in that boat. We also talked yesterday about crime in Colorado. Do you feel safer today than you did a year ago? Or where you do you? Did you feel much better a few years back before all these liberal policies started kicking in, And again, I think most of you agree that Colorado's on a path to destruction. We're going in the wrong direction, and that's happening under Democrat leadership. Today, We're going to try to wrap all that up together and say, all right, Colorado's definitely gone to the to the blue side. We're a hardcore blue state. We can call ourselves a purple state. So is there a chance at getting back to purple? Is there a chance at getting back to red? And we've talked about the premier candidates, if you will, on the Democrat side for governor, those being Phil Wiser and Michael Bennett, and neither one of those folks being real high on my agenda by any sense of the word for a governor's seat. But we also have Jenna Griswold who's running apparently for attorney general, which is shocking to me. I didn't know she had gone to law school. I wasn't even sure she had graduated from high school. But all that being said, she seems to be the candidate for that particular seat. So again, in an upcoming election cycle twenty twenty six, where we have a chance at maybe starting to chip away at the state and maybe steal a couple of those seats, the governor seat, the attorney general seat, those definitely are ones that I think we should be targeting as a state. So what I'd like to ask all you guys that are listening and are willing to call in, is where do you think we can make the biggest Can we make the biggest leap. Do we have a chance of pulling that governor seat back? Do we have a chance at pulling any of those seats back? Secretary of State, Attorney General, that Senate seat, that hicken Looper's holding on to the treasure seat, any of them. Do you have a candidate in mind that you think, all right, this is the person who could be the dark horse. This is a person that could take it back that governor seat as well. For the Republicans, you can text in at five seven, seven thirty nine or call in at three zho three seven to one, three eight two five five. We're gonna have a wide variety of folks coming on the show today. We're, like I said, we're gonna have a jam pack schedule. A lot of you people, a lot of you will under you'll know some of these these characters that we're bringing in. Our first guest up after this first break will be a gentleman by the name of Art del Cueto. Art's pretty nationally known on Fox News and other premier news stations. He is a he's a big time border security guy. He works for Fair the Federation of American Immigration Reform, but he's most known for his career with Border Patrol and as the vice president and spokesperson for the National Border Patrol Council. Like I said, he'll be with us in that second segment, right around four to twenty. We're also going to have Congressman Gabe Evans from CED eight. He goes without much introduction. He's made quite a splash in his time out in Congress and probably well known on these airwaves. He's got a lot to educate us about about his efforts out in Congress and some of the tax he's already starting to get only four months into his tenure as the newly minted CD eight Congressman. After the break, we'll have Britta horn In or in the second hour, we'll have Britta horn In, the new Colorado State Republican Chairwoman. She's going to stay with us for quite a while. Again in studio, we'll ask her a lot of questions and kind of figure out does she believe if any of these seats can be taken back, and what are the strategies for doing so. Obviously, you know she's got to be supportive of all candidates, but we have to all be rowing in the right direction to try to at the Republican Party moving and hopefully in a winning position where we haven't been for quite some time. And then we're also going to bring in Sheriff Alan Cooper from Fremont County. A lot of you have heard about an arrest that was made over in Fremont of some individuals that were coming back from Utah believed to be illegal immigrants, and they were carrying a vast amount of AMMO with them, or hauling a vast amount of AMMO with them. Obviously they weren't legal residents, and so some questions abound about why did they travel to Utah to buy AMMO? Where were they taking it? And Sheriff Cooper's going to educate us on that incident and kind of where that case is going. But in the meantime, again, please send your text in five seven, seven three nine. Start your text out with Dan. Also, you can call in at three oh three seven one three eight two five five. Like I said, we're gonna have a jam pack show, So I don't know how many calls we'll get to, but if you're willing to wait, we'll try to squeeze in wherever we can. I already have a couple of texts here. First one is from Alexa, very loyal listener of the show. She says, Sheriff frames, if you can let the listeners know. The pro police Rally is holding the tenth Anniel law excuse me, Law Enforcement Appreciation Day on Sunday on April twenty seventh, from three to six pm at the Douglas County Fairgrounds. It's going to be a great time, she believed. Jimmy Singenberger will be performing. I know that event's happened for quite some time. I attended one that was down in Denver that got a little ugly when Antifa and others tried to attack. In fact, they came after Michelle Malkin, and I ended up being the person who evacuated her from that particular event so that she wouldn't get we'll just say damaged. So hopefully this rally and Douglas County will be a little bit more supported the environment. There is a little more pro police as the rally is intended to be, and we don't have the summer of craziness in twenty twenty like we did back then during the COVID and George Floyd Era. So I think that'll be a good event down Douglas County. I've attended that one as well a couple of times. So again, that's on four to twenty seven, from three to six pm at the Douglas County Fairgrounds. According to Alexa, if that information is wrong, you can text her and let her know. But so that we can get to our first guest, I do want to cut to the break just a little bit early. Again, feel free to send in those texts five seven, seven, three nine. Start them out with Dan. You know the drill we're looking to see. Do you have candidates that can run for any of these seats Secretary of State, Attorney General, treasurer, governor state or US Senator who can win that seat from the Republican side? How can we create a slate of candidates? And that's not to say that we don't already have the right governor's candidate in the race. There's several announced. But if if you've got a different idea, text it in and the call line is also three O three seven one three eight two five five. We'll cut to a break. Can we come back. We'll have Art del Queto on with us, and you're listening to the Dankplas Show here with Steve Reams as your guest host on six thirty K how.
Speaker 3: And now back to the dan Kamplas Show podcast. Welcome back to the.
Speaker 2: Dan Kapla Show being hosted today by Well County Sheriff Steve Reims. And what's us on the hotline? As I said before we went to break is art del quoto art? How you doing? I'm good, I'm doing great art. If you would tell the listeners a little bit about your background with Border Patrol and with the National Border Patrol Council, just to set the stage a little bit in your current role with the Federation for American Immigration.
Speaker 4: Reform of course. So I started with Borrow back in two thousand and three. So, and I just recently retired in December of this last year. I've been working the line for quite some time. I never was in management. I never did the desk two d's. I was just always out there on that line, working on the Tohuna Autumn Reservation, which is the Native American reservation along the US Mexico border. So, and that reservation, it's more or less a little bit over sixty linear miles with Mexico. It's the main corridor for drugs entering the country and it has been like that for decades. And then I've been working obviously with the National Board of PROCASSO with the local union. It's a union right for the lack of a better word, And what I tell people is the difference between that union and other unions is we bargain for the rights of the law enforcement agents. We don't strike based on pay or anything like that. So in that position, I've been lucky enough to work with various organizations. We work with various different administrations, obviously the current administration being the best one we've ever had to work with, and we worked with them back in twenty sixteen. And because of that, I had the opportunity to work various times with FAIR, the Federation of American Immigration Reform. I would constantly be a stapop in Washington, DC during their feet to the Fire events. And you know, I retired from the Agents, I stayed on with the Border Patrol Council, which the union, and then obviously now I picked up a fantastic spot with Federation for American Immigration Reform helping them as an advisor to the issues on the border, immigration and everything else. But I've been I've been in Arizona task for everybody, yes, sir, you know decades with the Border Patrol. Prior to that, I worked with the States as one of the gang Unit officers for the State of Arizona, right, And even prior to that, I did a couple of years as a Wildlin firefighter.
Speaker 2: Well, and the way that you and I got to know each other was through fair a few months back, yourself, Mark Lamb and I were up on Capitol Hill trying to lobby some of the congressmen and senators up there. We all kind of traveled around Capitol Hill there together. And I'll set the stage just a little bit because one of our first meetings was to go meet with Colorado Senator Michael Bennett. And when we were going to that office, I told you and Mark, I said, we're not going to get to meet the senator. We're going to get some staffer. I said, we'll be lucky if we get as janitor. Because that was about the fourth or fifth time that I had been scheduled to go meet with with Michael Bennett sometime in the last few years. Through fair, and it played out just that way. We walk in and we get a staffer. But I want you to back me up here. When we walked into the office, there was a former state senator from Colorado and there by the name of Alec Garnett, and he and I had a pretty lively exchange over the red Flag bill that he helped pass in the state of Colorado. Give me your impression of that exchange.
Speaker 4: Well, first of all, you called it exactly like like it was, and I'll give you what I'll tell you what man hats off to YouTube. Not only did you call it, not only was it like you said, but you let them know. Uh that's that was. What was fantastic that you're letting out leaving out is when we went in there and actually sat down, you told him. I knew this is the way it was going to pat out because I've been trying to meet with this individual for quite some time. He always, you know, sends somebody else. But when we were out there, it was a very eloquently put by you. You know, it was a lively exchange.
Speaker 5: But I think at the end, uh uh, we agreed to disagree conversation.
Speaker 4: You agreed to disagree, but uh, I don't think he had an answer for you.
Speaker 2: No, he didn't. We were talking about we were talking about how red flag laws are, in my opinion, unconstitutional, and uh, they're they're they're not good for the state of Colorado.
Speaker 4: But any common sense person would would agree with you.
Speaker 2: And you're a very common sense person. A common sense person. Yes. So in our travels around d C, it was pretty obvious this was a this was a red blue issue. You know, most of the most of the Republican congressman and senators were more than happy to meet with us. Most of the Democrats were not the only credit I would give. And maybe you, maybe you would agree with this. Mark Kelly's staff. While he didn't meet with a senator Mark Kelly out of Arizona, he did provide staff that seemed very engaged and knowledgeable about the about the issues that we were there to talk about. You do you agree with that?
Speaker 4: I mean, look, there's some that will sit there and agree with you, and it's it's it's funny because I talked to us, I've been dealing with this for quite some time with the different you know, politicians, and when what I've seen and I didn't really realize this as much as I do now. Is their staffers, you would think that, you know, if he's a left leaning politician, he's just going to hire left leading staffers or vice versa. Not necessarily like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, it.
Speaker 4: Isn't necessarily like that, which I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 4: I think it would be difficult for me to be a staffer for somebody that I don't agree with on ninety percent of the issues. Yeah, but I respect those that can do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think you you lined it out right there. With Mark Kelly's staff, I don't think they necessarily all aligned with him politically, but otherwise it seemed like everybody we met with they were If they were Republican, they were very supportive of building the wall, funding border patrol. If they were Democrat, they were a little wishy washy on it. And then if if it was Michael Bennett's office, we got one just above the janitor in my opinion, just a bit.
Speaker 4: But I think it was informative. Look, it was it was good to be out there with to talk. I think it's fantastic with fair continues to do. They've been doing it for quite some time, Like I said, I've been very fortunate to work with them when I was doing the Feat to the Fire. I mean, it was just a fantastic event that they would put on each and every year. And they continue to move forward, they continue to try to get things done right and you know, and inform the people, informed our politicians in their lawmakers the right way. I'm extremely happy to be on with them, to be honest. It's like I said, I've worked with them for such a long time and it was fantastic to work with them before. Now I'm working even more so and more closely with them, and it's just it's a great organization.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So you know, in your in your work out there, you know in your interactions with this new administration, you know, you've got a lot of years on with border patrol. You were talking about that first term of Donald Trump, how that was one of the better ones that you've ever been with. But how much better is it right now for the border patrol agent that's on the border, And how much different or how much are we stopping at the border that we were just letting straight on through. When I say we as a nation, we're just letting straight on through. Five short months ago. How big of a dichotomy and change are you seeing down there on the border.
Speaker 4: Well, well, I think what makes it even a bigger difference, right is we had a great position with President Trump the first time that he was in office. We had the support, We knew what was going on. We had that open door policy with the White House. We were able to to you know, go back and forth and explain everything, and it was great. I mean it was really great.
Speaker 2: But when he left.
Speaker 4: Office and the new administration came on, and I'm talking about the Biden administration, it was such a one to eighty.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 4: It was devastating to the agents. Sure, it was devastating to the country. So because it was I mean.
Speaker 2: You hit rock bottom.
Speaker 5: That's where we were at.
Speaker 4: I mean, I hate to say it that badly, but we had hit rock bottom when we were arresting individuals that they knew they were breaking the law, and when they when you arrested them, they would look at you and they they would flat out tell you there's nothing you can do. Yeah, And so that was that's rockbot as a law enforcement off as when you're arresting people for drugs for you know, after vehicle stops where they lead you on vehicle chases and they finally stop and they look right at you.
Speaker 2: Said, there's nothing.
Speaker 4: That's the most demoralizing thing you can go. Absolutely, So we hit rock bottom. And now with President Trump back in office, day one, man, it was like a flip of a switch. Another one eighty twice over. Man, let me tell you because the numbers stopped coming across. I tell these there to a lot of individuals.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: It was it was rhetoric alone. Immigration laws still haven't been changed. Remember that it changed the laws. It was the rhetoric, and it was the policy and procedure where you're saying, okay, now if you come across, you're going to get detanged. You're not just gonna get released. You're going to have to prove your case. If you're gonna claim asylum. You can still claim asylum. The difference is you have to prove that you actually have an asylum creer right, right. You can't just make that blanket statement and get released. So those are the things that you've seen changing now because of that policy. And I remember I just said you can still claim asylum. But all of a sudden, the numbers dropped and no one's asking for asylum, So I might believed that President Trump fixed all the problems in the entire world because people aren't sing asylum, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, kind of strange. How just a little policy change does that? Well, Art, I appreciate your perspective. We had a hard break here, but thanks for jumping on with us. I know you got a lot of important stuff in the queue, so we'll let you get back to that. But Art Ncuato, thanks for being on with us and representing FAIR the Federation for American Immigration Reform. You listen to the Dan Capla Show with guest host Steve Raims filling out We're here on six thirty k how.
Speaker 3: You're listening to the Dan Kaplis Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to the dankapless Show. You got well, Kenny Sheriff Steve Reims setting in on the driver's seat for the last day of three here that I'm covering Dan's show and uh with us here. Shortly we'll be Congressman Gabe Evans. We're just waiting for him to call in. But in the in the meantime, if you want to send in a text that that numbers five, seven, seven, three nine, just start your text out with Dan or in the next break. We'll also take some calls, which is three oh three seven one three eight two five five, And I believe we have Congressman Evans on the phone with us right now.
Speaker 3: Congressman Evans sure, good to be on with you.
Speaker 2: Hey, Thanks Gabe, It's nice to hear from you. And before we even start this, I want to I want to have a little Mia Kalpa moment with the with the audience because a couple of a couple of years back, when you decided you were going to get in this race, you called and you were calling several people, and you called me at home and said, what do you think about me jumping into CD eight? And I got to tell you I was not very encouraging, not because I didn't think you'd make a good congressman, but I just I love the work that you were doing down at the State House. You'd only been there for a little while, and I wanted to see you stay down there as long as possible because that's what impacts me most directly. You're a pro police guy, and I thought, well, give him a couple more years down there, and then he'll really be able to make that shift, so I wasn't very encouraging. I apologize for that, but you definitely proved me wrong. You won that seat back and you and I think you'll keep defending that seat. So I wanted to expose that in front of all the listeners out there, that I wasn't very helpful to your initial run. But I'm so glad you're there now. So that sets the stage and Congressman Evans, tell us what you're doing out in DC, tell us the work you're doing. And I know it's a mighty push right now.
Speaker 5: Well, Sheriff, I mean, I remember that conversation too, and I guess maybe I'm stubborn and remembered it differently because one of the things that you specifically told me there was you know what gave Sometimes you got to go. You got to go to war with the soldiers that you have, not the soldiers you wish you had. And so for me, I took that as play the hand your dealt, not the hand you wish you had, And the hand that we were dealt here in Colorado is, oh my word. We need to get some balance back in the state. We need to get some of these just insane leftist Democrats voted out of office because of the lunatic things that they're doing. And so that's the work that I'm trying to do in Washington, d C. I think we all know that Colorado is a sanctuary state, that Denver has doubled down on being a sanctuary city. Of my line of questioning that Denver Mayor Mike Johnson, when he came before the House Oversight Committee, I waived on basically means I got permission from the committee chair to sub on, and I asked him, you know, Mayor, you and the governor in Colorado all the time say that you're totally willing to work with federal authorities to get illegal immigrants who are committing other crimes drug dealers, clark, the bank robbers, things like that. You're totally willing to work with the Feds to get these folks out of our community. And I don't buy that because as a cop for ten years, I know that when you arrest somebody, you have to go fill out the standard FBI fingerprint card, which asks the citizenship of the individual that was arrested. And so Denver Mayor, do you allow your officers to fill out the citizenship block and the standard FBI fingerprint card when you arrest somebody for other And of course the answer was no, because Colorado and Denver have doubled down on policies that prevent police from being able to collect that information. And so then the immediate response was, well, then if you can't even identify the people that are illegally present in your community committing crimes, how in the world are you going to work with the Feds to get them out of the community. And so that's some of the work that I'm doing in Washington. Reduced the Uplift Act unhandcuffing police to locate and interdict foreign transgressors, which, among other things, pushes back on these insane sanctuary city and state laws that Denver crafts. In Colorado continue to double down on.
Speaker 2: You mean, like two seventy six that they're pushing through right now.
Speaker 5: That is the latest in a long laundry list of sanctuary state bills. Two seventy six, of course, expands even further the places where Colorado won't allow people to work with Immigration and Customs and other federal authorities to get violent criminals out of our communities. Share if you run a jail where do you think if you've got a drug dealer that's illegally present in our community, where do you think that arrests should take place. Should I be able to go get that person out of a jail in a controlled setting, or should that person have to go out into the community to try to apprehend a combative and potentially armed individual.
Speaker 2: Well, I think that's a pretty obvious question, and I'm glad you're getting to play the interviewer, But yes, they should be able to come into my jail or any other jail and do that. And I will say that there are some there are some ways to work with ice that are a little unconventional even with some of the laws that have been passed. But two seventy six would stop that ability as well. So here you're on point with your Uplift Act. What effect would that have directly on the state of Colorado and kind of what would that How would that intertwine with something like two seventy six or a House Bill eleven twenty four.
Speaker 5: Yes, So one of the things that the Uplift Act acknowledges is that under the Constitution Supreme Law of the United States, the federal government has authority in things like providing for the common defense, establishing justice. Those are in the Preamble to the Constitution, and then under Article six of the Constitution, any laws federal laws made in an accordance with the Constitution or the supreme law of the land. And so when you have states like Colorado that are going rogue, literally trying to protect Ms thirteen gang members, trendy Aragua gang members, drug dealers, people that are committing violent crimes in our community, and they're protecting those people by prohibiting state and local law enforcement from working with the federal governments. Well, what the Uplift Act does is supersede all of that stuff by extending effectively immunity to any state and local law enforcement officers that choose to work with the federal government. And then if the state tries to go after those officers for violating state law, the officers are actually indemnified by the federal government. And so the federal government there is a defendant who will protect those officers state and local officers if the state tries for them by indemnifying them with the full weight and authority of the federal government.
Speaker 2: Man that would be a very welcome thing for probably every law enforcement line officer in the state of Colorado, and just about every law enforcement leader, if you could get them to be honest. Now, city councils and whatnot may not agree, but those of us that are out enforcing the law would definitely welcome something like that. And we just have a little bit of time left. I know you have a couple of other bills that you've gotten through committee. They might even have some bipartisan support. Can you tell us a little bit about those.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so I've got actually introduced six bills in Congress already. Five of them are bipartisan, the Uplift Uplift Act. Of course, you know Democrats can get one, which is a shame. Colorado's number two in the nation for teenagers dying from fentanyl overdoses and other illegal drugs. So clearly a problem. Too bad that Dems don't actually want to take care of our communities. But the other five bills that I've introduced bipartisan bills. Three of them have actually passed out of committee already. They include things like transnational oppression. Fancy way of saying, if you have folks from China or Iran or Russia that have come to the United States for the freedom that the United States offers, and the secret polices of those oppressive regimes are still trying to oppress people, you know, part of their immigrant community in the United States. I've got a bill come into the House floor that gives state and local law enforcement more tools and outreach to those immigrant communities to make sure that you know, we saw the news a couple of years ago about how the Chinese were running a secret police department to go and you know, intimidate Chinese folks fleeing China and they're oppressing them in the United States. So it cracked down on that. There's also some bills around trying to permitting for a rural broadband access that broadband access has to go through federal lands.
Speaker 2: Okay, so kind of covering the gamut there. Well, Congressman Evans, I know your time is valuable, but we really appreciate having you on again. I couldn't be more proud to have you representing CD eight. I know you've got a couple of people on the other side of the aisle that are already stepped in to challenge you. So if the listeners want to get out there and get their support behind you donate to your cause. What's the best way they can they can do that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So the website is Electgabevans dot com. You can go visit that website that's got some more information. Electgabevans dot com. And then if you need any help on the official side with any you know, any federal agencies, i RS, veterans issues, anything like that, passports, you can visit Gabevans dot house dot gov to ease right next to each other. Gaveevans dot house dot gov.
Speaker 2: Awesome. Thank you again for being on the show. You've been You've been a breath of fresh air for CD eight and can't wait to see you get reelected seat. It's hard to believe we're talking reelection only four months into your your first term here, but unfortunately that's the way Congress works. So again, thanks for having thanks for being on with us, and enjoy the fight out there.
Speaker 5: Appreciated Sheriff, and like I said, I actually took what you told me as an inspiration to just fight hard or so appreciate it.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you. That was Congressman gave Evans with us here on the Dan Kaplas Show. We'll cut to a break you're listening to again to the Dankaplas Show with Well, Kenny Sheriff Steve Raims's guest host on six point thirty k how.
Speaker 3: And now back to the Dan Kaplas Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to the Dan caplesh Show with Well kind of sure if Steve Reams setting in for the third day in a row here, third and last day of this week. It's been a pleasure to be with everybody for these three days. And man, that first hour goes by so fast. Ryan, you always talk about the fastest couple of hours in radio, but man, it's a blinding fast. Having said all that, when I was driving down here, it wasn't blinding fast. And I was having a rant while I was sitting in traffic, and I was listening to your rant about sports and different mascots for different sports teams, and you were talking about you want something that's mighty and it represents you know, strength, and something along those lines. And it came to my brain that where I grew up in Amarillo, Texas, they have a baseball team and you'll never guess the name or the mascot for that baseball team.
Speaker 3: What was the town where it hails from Amarillo, Texas.
Speaker 6: Amarillo Amarillos sod poodles, sod poodles.
Speaker 2: You know what a sod poodle is?
Speaker 3: Reference to sod as in grass.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, and poodle as in dog.
Speaker 6: Right, So their fur looks like sod. I'm not following this. One supposed to be a prairie dog. I guess that's like. So there are a lot of those around Amorello, Texas poodle. I don't know how they got to the name sod poodle. I don't live down there anymore that that team came along after I left. If you miss them, there's a whole bunch of them at the Cherry Creek Reservoir that I see all the time.
Speaker 2: When you speak of missing them, are you talking about it through target practice?
Speaker 3: They do carry a lot of diseases. Yeah, careful with your.
Speaker 2: Dogs around them. So I have a little acreage out east in Weld County and we have self erecting targets. We don't have sod poodles.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, you don't have to pay for them or anything.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, they they reproduce much faster than what I can buy ammo.
Speaker 3: As they really do, and they burrow and they ruin nasty.
Speaker 2: Uh, They're just nasty. Anyways, I don't know how I got on that topic other than while I was ranting about traffic, you were ranting about sports teams. I just thought, you know, I got to tie that in somehow.
Speaker 6: Team names Amarillo the as.
Speaker 2: I gotta look up that logo. Yeah, it's it's a classic. Let me tell you it strikes fear in the hearts of their opponents. I'm quite certain. Anyways, Having said all that, I asked you guys during the show if you would, you know, text in some ideas about who you thought could run for particular offices. Do you think that do you think that the state can come back on the on the red side? Can we at least get it to purple? A couple of texts have come in. One here says, I'm a retired l e O from Fort Collins and Windsor. Always appreciated the bond schedule and sentencing coming out of the of the Weld County courts. Any chance we could get an AG candidate from Weld and the The district Attorney in Weld County is pretty well respected. His name is Michael Rourke. He's a no nonsense kind of guy. He took over after ken Buck left to go to Congress. Michael and I have a very good working relationship, mostly because he prosecutes the heck out of offenders and isn't big on plea bargains. For the most part, they're a natural part of having to run an office. But he goes after the bad guys to the degree that he can with the current system we have in Colorado for the judicial process, I don't know. He'd probably be a pretty reluctant AG candidate, but you could definitely give his office a call text and let him know you think that would be a great idea. And I will also share this information with him when I talk to him next. Another text here from Kimberly, she says, I think that Colorado can be shifted, but not without concessions from Republicans. More socially speaking, stick to the Second Amendment, gas and oil, civil liberties from a libertarian view, I'm sure that's talking about kids and schools and those kinds of things. And then there is a chance, and I agree, I think it's a long shot to bring Colorado back, especially all in one fell swoop. I think if you've got four or five good candidates running statewide, you got a chance at maybe picking up you know, one or two seats. Maybe not, but at least, you know, being competitive in those seats, which we haven't necessarily been. You know, we've got four or five announced governor's candidates, and I don't know that we've got any real strong candidates for any of the other seats that have announced.
Speaker 6: But I would add to Kimberley's list there to Steve, which you mentioned Second Amendment, love it because of the attack on our second am right that you and I have discussed.
Speaker 3: Gas and oil's big here.
Speaker 6: Civil liberty, sure, but I would add those eighty twenty issues of illegal immigration which have struck us hard here in Colorado. Crimes for certain, for certain from your perspective, but parental rights which are on your assault here in Colorado too.
Speaker 3: I think that's an eighty twenty issue.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's getting national coverage. Right. Like all of those issues, we're bad on all of them. You know, when Art del Cuato is on, you know he's talking about, you know, how different the border is. But something we talk about when I go out with fairs. Every state is a border state now and that's not by accident. You know, four years of Joe Biden, eleven million illegals coming across the border. Every state is a border state, and I think you can win with you know, focusing on that on that issue in Colorado if it's framed correctly, because as we saw from the Texters yesterday and the day before, there's plenty of folks that are not feeling safe in Colorado and there's definitely a large person whoe assist. Yeah, we're on the right track when it comes to dealing with illegal immigration.
Speaker 6: Well, it's really burning me too on that. I know a lot of our listeners as well. Joe Biden, as you pointed out, Sheriff he let all of these illegals flood across the border, no vetting, no asylum hearings, just pouring in. But we have to go through a deportation process and hearing for every single one of them.
Speaker 2: Come on, how are you going to run eleven million people through a court process? I mean, so, you know, we don't even have enough of a court system to prosecute every offender that is here in the United States that we catch, and now we're going to add eleven million illegals to it. I mean, there's a reason that they use civil immigration detainers and not criminal immigration detainers because it does give them another method. When I say them ice, the punishment for that civil infraction is deportation. They're not sending them to jail. It's not a criminal charge. They're just saying, go back to where you came from. We're not holding you away from the country that you came from. We're just helping you get back there because you're not welcome here. You know that never gets talked about in the news. It is a civil immigration detainer because they're not being locked up in our country. They're being sent home. That is the punishment. It seems so rational, But yet again, you know who am I to speak rational when we're talking about policies that Democrats fight back on every day.
Speaker 6: And it's like Art said earlier, you don't have a right to asylum here. Your claim might not even be legitimate. Absolutely, we need to narrow that down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, Well, coming back after break, we're going to have a quick guest on to talk about the wolf issue that we voted into the state of Colorado. Just a couple of minutes with that, but that'll be at the top of the next segment, And you're listening to the Dan Cafleis Show right here, with Well County Sheriff Steve Rains filling in his guest host. On six point thirty k out