Speaker 1: It's eighteen seventy three and two balloons race around the world. Why did I bring so much for your Oh, I'll never finish this race in eighty days high there. Oh no, here's moving fast.
Speaker 2: Don't be deflated you send my bag to travel lighter next time travel arc.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's not in the rule book. Send my bag dot com. Take the hassle out of travel. Terms and conditions apply. Ooh, Page fifteen doesn't let down.
Speaker 3: This is a pose head duction.
Speaker 4: Jeffrey Daughters, sad A one, the Unibomber blowing up Waco, Texas, and Heaven's Gates and Alliens modified bed for names JFC.
Speaker 5: Shot on the Head, CIA.
Speaker 2: Bigfoot and the Bob Man.
Speaker 6: Start of Sam talking to Times again, Witches.
Speaker 4: Do Say God God, serious noise and haunting star cards and the scull and Bones. Most celebrities are probably clone. So if you're feeling all alone, Crack of Beer and cat Stone, welcome you to the podcast Range Roof.
Speaker 5: We'ren't here to entertain you, We're here to entertain you.
Speaker 3: It's Tabbati Kidtree.
Speaker 7: When my problem was a little boys out.
Speaker 8: Of these that her animals can kill animals.
Speaker 9: He had really start teeth and he's like a cat.
Speaker 8: I got a picture something. It really looks Christo the car to your panther, big get.
Speaker 7: Harriet has big cheek.
Speaker 10: How do you close to a cheek?
Speaker 7: It was like a big ball cap like mostly like a panther, big tea.
Speaker 11: Running down.
Speaker 8: They saw it looked like a white pant The.
Speaker 7: Eats up dogs and sething to blood when they called it a vampire beasts because it always went through the neck and whenever they found it, it's like there's no blood. I don't know on the porch.
Speaker 12: There was no blood.
Speaker 8: She went up to it.
Speaker 1: You know, they're like lit n they're on.
Speaker 7: So whenever they did that, they went up aside the next morning and they found their bikes like crushed all the other and there's like no marks on the porch, no claw grints here.
Speaker 8: They said it like a long time ago, back in the morning. Cabins that when Glennboro was first to come and that song girl was attacked by it, and they said she screamed and when they came there was just march.
Speaker 3: And look about like that.
Speaker 7: It looked like a doll.
Speaker 8: Mark but with more pet the mark.
Speaker 7: But never found her like her name was lucy black lavendor. It was like whenever all s five, whenever I went out there to go theater, there was some kind of black figure in the bushes, which I thought was one of my cats. That's what I thought was. Then whenever I went up there to my dog, it was just I thought it was just laying in the dog house, but it was actually did it had two marks out there?
Speaker 1: It was like no.
Speaker 7: Drops of blood in the duck house.
Speaker 8: Little bit care?
Speaker 7: Why plus you could eat your blood?
Speaker 8: Check your blood out, y'all actually playing cards fetis and then we go back in the woods and play. But I don't think the beast is real, But if it is, I surely don't want to meet while we're batter playing.
Speaker 13: Just not too good.
Speaker 5: Welcome everybody to the show. This is Strange Root podcast. If you don't know, I am one of your hosts of this bizarrely strange and cryptically cryptid podcast. Who am I joined by.
Speaker 3: Jesus horniest man in horror and always with another sore trult. I couldn't help but laughter. That kid in the intro video with like all the missing front teet, He's like, you could eat your blood?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I know, typical from North Carolina. So I what was my name? I am Victor. I had a name and I can't remember it, and I knew this is gonna have to My name is Victor Monstrosity. I am a monster hunter. I am here to hunt monsters. Uh it was, it was. It was originally supposed to be Australian Victor. Now I'm frendship. I am a monster hunter. Oh yeah, you know that accent. You know exactly what they're hunting. But welcome. I can't keep these this thing on. I tried everybody. I'm dressed up just for fun. What was my name? I had a name. I literally said it to my wife, Victor Vaughan Monsieur. I don't know that means I'm a myster. But I welcome back, everybody. This is ridiculous as all hell gets out. So we are back with another Strange episode for all your ear holes and eye holes, and this should be pretty exciting. We have some big stuff coming over here at Strange Brew. But because the world is so crazy right now and descending into chaos and the evolution, I think it would be fun to talk about a monster.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that kind of shows you to stay in the world. To be honest, if talking about monsters is like get away, it's like a vacation.
Speaker 5: Yeah, exactly, and that's what we try to do at Strange Brew. There's a lot of a lot of topics that are coming up that it will be a little more I wouldn't say serious. Nothing is ever serious on this show. We there's definitely some things I want to get into. We're gonna be diving, have a deep dive into a serial killer coming up. Originally that we were supposed to be doing it this week, but Billy never knows his schedule, so that's just the way she goes. So we decided to bring you.
Speaker 3: The Beast of Blattenborough.
Speaker 5: There's different ways you say it. I heard her say someone say blatant Barrow, but technically, because it's North Carolina, it will be like, do you see it's the Beast of Blatton Barrow. You know you clearly hear it on those kids' accents too, it's like that bast dad done. It doesn't take my doggie. My doggie was taken by the beast.
Speaker 3: Is that a real, real like interview thing or is that from a movie?
Speaker 5: No, that's I believe that is a real thing of them interviewing kids around the area. My bullets are falling out of my bullet belt. Yes I had a better name, and I can't remember what it was, but it was something that rhymed with monster and now here. I am not prepared. Welcome back, everybody. I was away on vacation and now we're back here. And like I said, check out class fore cast. We have some big stuff. I'm gonna drink a no car beer, no carbs? Is your carbs?
Speaker 3: Are you? Weren't you doing like dry July or something?
Speaker 5: No? No, not yet. No, I wanted to eventually stops. But yeah, it's we'll see what happens. But everybody that is joining us here and watching live, welcome back to the show. That should be pretty exciting. And since you know what's that? What'd you get that? Where'd you get those?
Speaker 3: Check those out? I found there's like showing me cards of a massive like music festival on in my town called the Flag Kill. Yeah, it's all Irish music, like and there's like half a million people coming to the town over the next week. And they had all these markets and I just happened to find tops cards that were made in nineteen ninety one to coincide with the original Adam Sammi movie, So.
Speaker 5: Like I bought.
Speaker 3: Of course, I bought as many of them as I possibly could.
Speaker 5: Wow, of course you didn't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know the minut I've seen Adam Sammi. I was like, hey, I've never seen anything to do with Adams Sammy. Let me buy those.
Speaker 5: That's pretty awesome. And we hoped, hopefully even to end this summer on a fun episode to do with the Adams Family values on Class foreor Cast, because I think it would be a lot of fun. But since we're diving into cryptids, it's been a while. I finally, after all this time, finished my cryptid song. It is pretty ridiculous, and that was kind of the point of it. I was debating on even putting it out there on Spotify and stuff if I don't know, if people wouldn't even want to listen to it. It's very wee let me just say that. And I wanted to kind of get into this episode by listening to it, so and I made a video for it, and I wanted to do a rap song where I tried to incorporate and as many cryptid as I possibly could. So are you ready for this?
Speaker 3: Sure? This is a surprise to me as well as everybody listening.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Yeah, I did not tell Aaron about this at all, so this will be interesting. I was working on this song a long time ago, and then my dog destroyed my rhyme book. That's literally what happened. And then I tried to take pieces of what I remembered from it, and then I finally kind of finished it. I'm sure there's some I'm missing. I could have went on for ten minutes and three minutes already. Please send me frog Man is in there, Yes he is. Just wait. So everyone enjoy yourself, you know, and obviously if you are listening or watching this, you can find my music at the Reptilian on all music platforms. I'm working on a new album, but this was just for fun. I have the creative mind to be able to do stuff like this. Eventually, I want need more stuff for the horror aspect of what we do on class or casts. But everybody, welcome to the party of Cryptids.
Speaker 3: Radio Action.
Speaker 14: Welcome back, Noise and News. Tell my monstrous Crams. You're James crypton Radio and.
Speaker 12: We've had a special request hold on mid Night Bagger, You got big Foot walking through the woods in.
Speaker 15: The patter scene for these black guyd kids hood and looking for their next victim.
Speaker 5: Crash down there, miss and come to be them.
Speaker 13: Then the Roma Kids moth Man voses wings at the Loveland Frogmen shows in with startling Rabbit.
Speaker 5: Welcome to the party of grand Kids.
Speaker 12: Move you by to the rhythm that spring here Jackets grabbing the.
Speaker 15: Yass seven alien big Cat leaping over that DJ spression tracks with the Giant Bats, Sasquatch playing the Sacks making fun of Harry Feminists with the five hass scary its.
Speaker 3: Vent in his lab rats will always had the last laugh, had.
Speaker 5: The track a little grand fast past the.
Speaker 12: Game bats and the Cactus Cat.
Speaker 14: Then a tall man in the black hat smoke game.
Speaker 16: Crack in the back own way, Who's death? Marco Lis with Luckness on the pogo trying to.
Speaker 11: Get the phone out with the true black cop proplying through the doorway.
Speaker 10: Bobby Aga went the Rocking Chicken leg home talking to the lizard Man on the phone.
Speaker 1: Trying to get a bone.
Speaker 10: For the Michigan god Man has a gons bows and phones at the mouth and.
Speaker 11: The yet he is covered in snow stone on the couch with the moon and the house the road so throwing out.
Speaker 3: At the house had the stone cake.
Speaker 5: He's punched in the face.
Speaker 6: The dover dem in his running lege come and see men from being fucked in the face. As Runny goes getting low to the buffet bass who at the table?
Speaker 12: Monkeys are getting.
Speaker 5: Hungry, go for a bite at the pizza pottler.
Speaker 12: Oh shit, it's the first known night crawlers. They're walking in. Suck your gig for a dollar.
Speaker 6: Calm down, goblins, go honk the hopskinville.
Speaker 12: Oh god, what's that?
Speaker 17: Run south as the cold man bows in with the jersey tabble smoking monks, potent maths from the table himself, the unicorns getting bored, touching himself.
Speaker 5: A full lot of orgy wks out. You hear sirens coming from themself.
Speaker 11: Everyone that's many came running out around their house.
Speaker 10: Parties over.
Speaker 12: Get the fuck out.
Speaker 3: So ridiculous. Will we be able to get live reactions from people? Is there anybody? Are we live right now?
Speaker 5: Yeah? We are alive. So anyone has anything to say about that? Last?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 5: So funny And if you're watching this afterwards, please comment below like and subscribe obviously, but comment your thoughts about the Cryptid song, because I literally wanted to make it ridiculous for the point of making it ridiculous, you know what I mean, So weird, Hey, what a weird song.
Speaker 3: I'd like the images.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I tried to fit as many Cryptis as I could. I almost forgot about the Jersey Devil and the when to Go, but I kind of brought them in and then I didn't know how to end it. So I was like, oh, and Orgy is gonna break it. All the Cryptids are gonna be starting to make love and then the FBI shows So yeah, so who knows what else I'll come up with in the next little bit, especially when it comes to maybe horror stuff. I really do want to write a song in the view of like either a serial killer, it's definitely something I want to do, or in the view of like Chasin or Freddy or something like that. I think could be a fun way. So yeah, this is gonna be exciting. Although you've never heard of blatant borrow, I would say blattin borrow, but that's just it sounds. I don't know, because obviously it was English, and then they named it that way back in the day, and it was in North Carolina when the settlers probably showed up. I'm sure, just like how there's like London, Ontario and Paris, Ontario and you know these places. So you might be surprised to learn that it's the home of a very intriguing North Carolina vampire beast legend. In the early nineteen fifties, local reported a locals reported a strange creature emerging from the woods, killing multiple livestocking dogs, leaving them their mutilated bodies behind. I think I need some something for this. Where is that?
Speaker 18: This happened several times within the course of a month, But the strangest thing was the creature seemed mostly interested in drinking blood.
Speaker 5: Thus was born the Beast of Blayton Barrow legend that still thrives in the area today. The story behind the vampire beast terrorising Blaydenborough is a long and strange one. Between footprints and animal corpses eyewitnesses, it is clear that there is some sort of mystery beast in the area. No one is really sure what it is. Mysterious animal death still crop up in the area from time to time, leaving some to believe that the beast may still beyond the loose.
Speaker 18: There are a few myths about vampires in the United States, and this one is certainly memorable. Whether you yourself have spotted a cryptid or whether you enjoy the legends, it's interesting to ponder what lurks out there in the world and why gruesome mysteries like this man absolved.
Speaker 3: Do you think that there is too many crypto trying to think how what I phrase this? And do you think this is a case of like every town has their like thing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, there's a lot of monsters out there. I know because I've been spending I don't know what accent. I don't even try to do. I've been trying. I gotta try to stay in character a little bit. But I just thought of this too minutes before we recorded. I was like, I'm gonna be a monster hunter, but like, I don't, I don't. I think that there is a lot of legends of and in this one particularly, who knows, we'll get into it, but it might have just been like a jaguar and people like, well, they're not really in North Carolina, but there is people that did have owned exotic animals and they get loose. Also, mountain lions are pretty scary, even though they say it's not as big. We'll get into all the details, but it is a pretty interesting case. We haven't really got into cryptid in a while. There's some that might make another appearance. Like we just talked on a class roadcast about the Forgotten Footage film. Film of it was so bad I forgot what it was called. Last post last broadcast, And eventually I would like to put dip my toe into the Jersey Devil once again, because I think there is still more mysteries behind that, even though we have kind of covered the basics. But there's a lot of cryptids out there, like so many, you know, and thanks to Shane and Queriers of Reality stole my idea of doing cryptid battles. I'm just kidding. I think he thought of it, but iris I thought that idea for Patret is doing the idea of like what cryptid could face off like against each other, Like I've had that same idea with like serial killers or whatever. I think it would be a fun time. But there is a lot of cryptids. There's like batsquatch, there's like really ridiculous ones that's why I try to get as many as I could in that song. But there's even weirder ones out there, and I'm sure that every town has some sort of legend. Right in Canada, we have a couple, I feel like, not as much as it's like every single state in America has a monster associated with it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was gonna ask, like, is there any like local to you or anywhere you've ever lived in your life? They like you remember? Not really.
Speaker 5: I know that we have like the Oga Pogo out in BC, like a kind of lockdest monster style creature, but really not really. Well, we do have what was that called the the the Toronto like tunnel monster. Some guy was in Toronto and swore this like we It's out on Patreon for everybody listening and watching. If you want to support the show, it's very cheap and you get a bunch of extra episodes and some fun a lot of fun content on there. But me and Billy covered it for like when we first started the Patreon stuff, and uh, it was this the garbage tunnel Monster something like that. Some guys saw this weird little creature and like in this tunnel and I think it ate his dog. His dog went missing. And then it's a very weird one. But let's talk. The first sighting of the beast happened back in nineteen fifty three. On the evening of December twenty ninth, a woman heard her neighbor's dog causing a fuss outside. There was barking, whimpering as it was in fear, and she went out to check to see what was the matter. To her surprise, she supportedly found a large catlike creature she thought wasn't mixed between a lion and a bear. It slunk away into the darkness before she was able to get a good look at it, however, leaving her and reasonably shaken from her experience. That wasn't all. In some accounts of the incident, the dog did more than just bark. The creature craved prowling back and had killing both dogs in a horrifying manner. Later on, there would be more sightings and more killings, and it would be on that day that the Beast of Latin Borough was born. Man, this wig is so hot. It's very hot, and it's been very hot in Canada for a while.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 3: I can tell by you you're kind of shiny.
Speaker 5: Yes, I am shiny. I am very hot, especially with this wig on. But you know, I gotta, I gotta keep to the character, right, I gotta, I gotta, I gotta put the creative effort into the show. If we want to be number one, we will be number one. Just keep supporting the show.
Speaker 14: And we will.
Speaker 5: We will love you.
Speaker 3: Also, I apologize anybody watching the video version of this episode because I kind of look like, yeah, I kind of look like Edward Snowden when Joe Rogan interviewed him. Yeah, yeah, a little bit like I'm like fucking hold up in some underground bunker in Russia. My lights have decided to pack in, so I have no backlighting, which makes it look pretty strange yup, and.
Speaker 5: Then your your recording equipment almost failed. We've had some ups and downs. That's why supporting the show is good. It's good for Yeah, someone come and fixed my brand new broadcasters. It's it's all not working properly. Oh man. But yes, this is a weird, a weird case, right. There was one chilling factor that set the Beast apart from your average bear or wild dog. It seemed to be fixated on blood. When the dog and dogs in livestock began turning up dead. Local authorities found that the animal's blood had been drained, only a few drops left of the corpses. He's the fucking Cheopa Cabra man E is the Chowpa camera. He just like made his way to like North Carolina or whatever.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 5: Weird because realistically, right, like bears in some of the beasts out there and different creatures, even like wolves, you could classify as some sort of scary beast, right because like bears are pretty wild. They like look like, oh, there are these nice looking creature. It's cute, right, especially baby bears are adorable. And then that that thing can like rip your face off, like they have razor sharp essentially, they're pretty close to the claws that can tear your guts apart.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of like I wouldn't I wouldn't class them as cryptids like in Irish like folk or whatever. It's more of like a.
Speaker 5: Legend, like you get the Banshee.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like I suppose what you call them more like like mythodological creatures, like you know, so you have like the band, the Banshee, the pook, and there's a lot of like Irish wolf, the kind of vampirey things that there's like different different versions like the Beast of this place, the Beast of that place, all this. Yeah, and it's but it all seems to revolve around like these like larger than life wolf kind of creatures.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's an episode I have ready to go at some point that we could do about the Irish werewolf clan. They they're werewolfs that wear pointy white hoods and seemingly don't like people of color. That's not actually the story, but.
Speaker 3: Interesting, I know.
Speaker 5: But there is a lot like eventually we'll cover that stuff. There is a ton we kind of back in the day. It's so funny before you did come on the show. I think we're in talks to do the show together. But we did do Irish folklore and monsters with me, Billy and Anton for like a Saint Patti's Day kind of special. And it's so funny because I think there's been a month or two before you join the show, and there's a lot of them. Eventually we'll cover something like I would like to cover the Banshee and stuff like that. But there's one's wow when you start to see it in newspapers, the black and boro beast attacks women and it's just pretty strange, right when they're actually in Like you see newspaper clippings of this stuff. It's pretty wild and obviously people freak out and are scared for their lives because people claim to have seen this creature, which who knows what it was, but pretty wild stuff, you could say. And it draw it drinks blood. It's some sort of vampire creature.
Speaker 3: I don't know, scam, you know what. I wish I had like more stuff like this around my area, to be honest with you, I would get so much money in the job.
Speaker 14: I know.
Speaker 5: Well, we don't have that much either. We have some weird stories in Canada, but I feel like the indigenous they have a ton of legends, including taking this land from giant man with blue eyes. Kind of sounds like vikings.
Speaker 3: You think you'd be able to fake some like footage that you took somewhere in the woods or whatever and then just posted online on redd or something and then start one hundred percent.
Speaker 5: Maybe now you could still do what I feel like souly on TikTok, where there's there's definitely weird, like it's definitely a joke, but it tricks some people where people do do these weird little skits or something like that, or you know, it's very very quick clip. When I talked to uh Tian, a true Seeker, I showed a clip of this like woman that's supposed to be caught like this devil creature thing on camera and it looks super scary, but it could have been a guy in a costume. But it was just standing there like in the darkness, and it looked like so freaky looking. But I'm like, it could have been someone at a costume, but this woman is like it's speaking in Spanish, freaking out like oh diablo and like free. I don't know, she's just getting really scary. It looks very creepy, like what you would you ever seen the witch, you know, when she kind of sees the like the kind of a devil monster, the goat, like the beast in the barn. It's kind of like that, and it's like, wouldn't want to see that. I wouldn't even want to see like a bear in nighttime? Right, and and have my like your your dog that you love and take care of, and then you hear it go yeah yeah, you know, and it gets taken into the woods. I don't know what dog sounds like that, but you know, you know, but it would be freaky. Yeah, I thought, I don't know what it is, like, I'm like Scooba, he got taken away.
Speaker 3: I love the idea of like a local legend, crypti myth kind of thing, and like just the all the stories that get built out of.
Speaker 16: That, m I.
Speaker 5: And it's there's so many too. It's like there's there's a ton in like India. Of course they worship monkeys. There's a ton in like China, of course they worship dragons. Like so it's like this this thing that's everywhere, right, of these weird stories and especially folklore, even in religion, you know, giants and the Nephelim and all that type of stuff too, Right, So these legends that are being passed down, do they have to hold any validity?
Speaker 3: Who knows?
Speaker 5: But pretty weird.
Speaker 6: So it was.
Speaker 5: It was a weird, weird thing. Like while some of the victimized animals were horrifyingly horrifyingly mutilated, some bodies were simply just had with bites and broken bones and were flattened, like that kid said, because I heard it, they flattened a dog. You know, my older brothers, sisters, nephews. Us in formal roommate said that, you know, there was some sort of creature out in the woods and we came back and the dog was just flattened. Now, Jimmy said that he did not have blood on his truck tires, but I think I saw some.
Speaker 3: It's funny. Actually there's there's a bigger kid there. He mentioned something playing airsoft in the woods. Yeah, yeah, that would be just like I know right, because like instantly I was like, well, that's the last thing that I would probably want to do. If everybody in the small town was telling me that there's like some kind of dog beasts wolf thing.
Speaker 5: Well, it's like even the Jersey Devil, Like I would like to retouch that some morning. If I imagine going on to the pine barrens and then you're like hearing like this weird like ah like weird like neighing like growl or something like I said this before that like the comic book men like Kevin Smith's friends tricked the one guy, and it was like very clever because if you convince someone right of this, you could definitely scare the living crap out some people, right, so really weird. One eyewitness recalls that it seems to have a strange uh that this this scene, the strange animal was drinking blood from one of the dogs that has killed and then seeing that type of thing. And there's people that swear they they've seen the cheop ofcabra. They're supposed to be video footage of the cheep of Cabra.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 5: Newspapers, as you might guess, latch onto the notion that there was a bloodsucker about and beginning and began describing the beast as vampiric. This also gave rise the notion that the beast might have been something more supernatural or mutated, as few animals in the world, particularly feed solely off blood. While the mystified and sensationalized the beast, he became a star, it would also frightened people, and they soon decided the beast had to be caught. And you think about like all this folklore and stuff, and now like we just dived into the nephale The Inanaki eventually will late to nephilem stuff. But uh, the idea that maybe that these things created, these these gods did mess around with creating and mixing DNA and then they just like some of the creatures got left here and then or the idea there's the Hall of Worth, or there's definitely caverns and tunnels within the earth or the underwater, right, like, how do we know what's really out there? Because these could be things that were like kind of forgotten about and then somehow they either pop their head in our reality, or they're like kind of in and out of this physical reality and live many other dimension or they come from like inner cabins in the Earth and they survive some sort of cataclysmic event and we weren't aware of them, you know, centaurs. You know, see sexy man half horse guy just come out of the woods with a bow and arrow and you're like, what the fuck, Like I've been down in the hollow earth for money money is.
Speaker 3: It's funny to see the dynamic as well between like people who wholeheartedly believe. Yeah, they can say like just let's say descriptive for example, I'm assuming there's probably many people like that shit's free.
Speaker 5: You I had taccidary bit.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm sure there's probably lots of local people that probably will hardly believe in, not enough to knock out in the woods or whatever. And then you have probably people like me and you where you kind of sit somewhere in the middle on some of these stories. But then you have like the other side of like people who probably outright don't believe it. But I had read some stuff about like the local tourism board or whatever. I've tried. I've tried for years to like push this to be like, yeah, yeah, the beast will all come and like shop for our march and like get some stuff.
Speaker 5: Well, look how famous Bigfoot became, especially in certain places like in this deep sue, you know, it's I come to our like I was that one that me and Billy and everyone got mad at us for it. Some people think you're bad the the oh, I see it on the my tongue in Arkansas, Arkansas, Arkansas? What was that beast? It's gonna drive the creek monster like because we were just like going off about people on ouris obviously because it is a kind of Bible belt inmbred place. Not everybody, not everybody, We don't we don't generalize, but some I'm definitely sure, and they full on people swear that there's some sort of beast that came through like the wall and the screen door with its big claws. And then realistically, all you just really drunk on whiskey and then a bear tries to attack your home.
Speaker 3: You know, and then yeah, and then it becomes like some feral barrel. There's like, what's that thing called like a shared delusion, like the Mandela effect kind of thing, like you start to remember shit that like you probably never experienced and stuff.
Speaker 5: Yeah, oh yeah, well that's true. Right. We've seen this though, like happen all the time where people share the same delusion. It is, right, Like, look how many people were putting fear over COVID and stuff like that. That's just one example, but like it happens where people shared fear of things and it comes into the psyche and a lot of things. Or it's like they believe in ancestral trauma. You know, the reason why you're scared of a snake is because your maybe ancestors battled snakes. There's a lot of weird things. I'm not necessarily saying I believe all of that stuff because I think it just gives an excuse for people to be victims. But there is a lot of weird things that people claim to have seen, and like I've said, I've seen weird stuff in this life, so I don't know. Man. While the beast took livestock, including goats and pigs and perhaps even horses, it preferred to prey on dogs, leading to further speculation that the vampire might be more catlike than wolf like, as cats notorious enemies of dogs. Get it.
Speaker 3: Did this thing ever attack a human?
Speaker 5: Not that we're aware of, not that we're aware of. But people have seen, they've saws it, they solves the beast, So who really don't I'd done styles the bast. After the first setting of December, the beast re emerged and went on a rampage. On New Year's Eve nineteen fifty three, would he storm found two what a name? Found two of his dogs gruesomely killed on his property. Both have obviously been brought down by something very large, as they were not exactly small dogs and had their blood drained. And I don't know. There is one score story. I don't know if we'll get to it. But the guy that claims I think it was his pit bull that showed no signs of resistance or fighting back against this creature and it just had like fang holes and a blood drain. It does very much sound kind of cheopocabare I gotta say, because that's the same kind of thing. And maybe right there's there's like how people believe that Bigfoot. People think he's interdimensional. There's people that just think that he's a creature or he SHEI whatever they them, was a creature that I don't think he he goes over the pronoads but believes that he was a creature that just has existed and there's only a few left, so you know, you kind of spot them time to time. But he's he's smart enough to be evasive towards people. Like the troop of Kawber could have just been some feral coyote or something, or like some beasts that bred somebody or somebody, you know what I mean, Like somebody could have bred some sort of weird like ligers that people actually did breed lions and tigers together, but then they look like they had down syndrome and then they couldn't carry on the gene so they died. That it could have been that. So I'm bred lyon and a tiger and then it's like just like in the woods, trying to survive because they couldn't they couldn't take care of it anymore, right, and they don't want to put it down like old Yeller, so they kind of let it go.
Speaker 3: It's I've filmed like a couple of strange things that all about this scripted where there's like people online and I've seen their pulse where they claim to have seen it in more modern times of course, which is which is quite strange. I don't know if you saw any of that stuff. For that stuff you're gonna pull up or not, But I'll save it for a little bit later and we'll get into.
Speaker 5: It, okay, okay. On the next few days, reports came in from all across the country, all reporting that dogs have been killed by some sort of massive cat or bear. The animals sometimes tore the dogs apart, drained their blood, or just dragged them off into the woods. Few poor animals were not found until later, dead and mutilated in the woods. But why did the beasts particularly target dogs? Nothing, ever, has been proven. Another tall tale sign that the beast had been at work was the bodies of its victims found that were very terribly mutilated, not just their throats or there's just not their stomach slashed. Either the beasts had decapitated its victims, or at least the very least smashed their skulls to the point of flattening them, which is like crazy. They'd have to have it'd have to have quite a weight to it, especially do that to some bigger dogs. Many of the bodies found in the woods were completely missing their heads, and one rabbit was found completely decapitated but still warm. The guys like hugging it and stuff, you'll you'll survive, and he's trying to put the head back on. It's very weird because it would that wouldn't mean that you were very close to being near the creature. Is the body was still pretty warm, but as the creature had snapped its head off in one bite before Fleeing dogs were often found with their lower jaws torn completely off or smashed in the back to the point of being unrecognizable, which is so crazy. The indicated that the creature was strong, and it's cast seriously doubt on later suggestions that the animal was merely a bobcat or a stray hound. There's a lot of weird stories. There's even like it's imagine there's some guy, some fairal man in the woods, because there is stories like there's the Peter Peter Curtin. It was a Peter Curtin. Why the guys believe that he was a were wolf? This guy like believed he was a were wolf. And there's theories that he constructed some sort of clause and then was like going around killing animals and stuff, and it's such a weird story.
Speaker 3: Strange that stuff like that reminds me of like in you know, like can split and glass.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the idea of like you know, the guy having that like multiple personality thing or whatever and switching between them and like that belief of like, yes, I am this thing, so it like increases like his strength and I'm not talking about like superhuman levels, but like supposedly there is like some loose science behind the idea of that, Like people with those delusions, yeah, that they can kind of like I don't want to say, like manipulate their body or whatever, but like to be so convinced of whatever it might be like if that they'd think he's a were wolf or whatever, and to be like there is no I am a werewolf. There's no like I might be or I'm a bit crazy. No, I'm definitely werewolf and that's it, and I'm gonna behave.
Speaker 5: Well, there's there is like retarge strength. I said it anyway, I can't die. I was ready perfectly. It doesn't even matter.
Speaker 6: I was.
Speaker 5: I trying to do that. For Billy Whatson, he couldn't even say because he has a friends that I can do it on time. But realistically, right, there is proof that mothers even have had this weird strength when their children are in danger, where there's been stories of mothers that will lift up cars to get their kids from underneath. Stuff like that, which is like that. You wouldn't think that that normal feed of strength would be possible, but it definitely is at times where people are under pressure. It's like something in their DNA just kicks in another thing. Many witnesses reported that the beast of Blading Burrow made an obviously chilling sound. While other accounts differ in size and color of the beast, most agree that it sounded partly human in an unearthly way and truly unnerving. Some describe as the sound of a baby crying in pain. Somewhere I picture like this. Some are like jaguar scary sound, right, but it's weird that it's like where, Like what the fuck is that thing?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 5: Some weird baby sound like a baby in pain somewhere outside. That's very weird.
Speaker 3: That would scare the at me.
Speaker 5: I would scare me more than I feel like a lion or like a mountain lion or whatever, right, some sort of wolf or I would or coyote. I would be more scared if I heard a baby crying in the middle of the woods.
Speaker 3: I think I told this the before on an episode. I don't know if it was my show, your show or where it was, but years ago, and I was like fifteen or sixteen. We moved into the countryside at the time, and I didn't realize so like somebody in the house had like put milk out or something and fed like some stray like farm cats. And then that turned into like obviously there was like fifteen or sixteen of these things that were like Roman like the surrounding land whatever. And I one night, at like three or four am, I wake up to what I still describe as just tons of babies crying right outside my bedroom window.
Speaker 5: Scary, so much so to the.
Speaker 3: Point that I got out of bed and crawled through the house on my hands and knees. Yeah, convinced that I don't know what that was supposed to do. But I was like, if I keep low to the ground, like whatever it is, won't hear me or whatever. And like I literally at the time had no explanation. I didn't think cats. I didn't think anything. I was like, I'm in the middle of nowhere. Why is there? I was like, either someone's fuck with me, Like who's going to stand outside my bedroom window? Playing a recording of kids crying? And it was multiple kids, like from like multiple directions. I was like, I'm going to die. This is like the player which.
Speaker 5: Whats reminds me of? Is that that scene?
Speaker 1: Now it's eighteen seventy three and two balloons race around the world? Why did I bring so much for your I'll never finish this race in eighty days?
Speaker 14: Be Hi there?
Speaker 2: Oh no, he's moving fast. Don't be deflated. You send my bag to travel Light next time travel arc.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's not in the rule book. Send my bag dot com take the hassle out of travel. Terms and conditions apply OO page fifteen. That's a let down.
Speaker 5: Always freaked me out as a kid is the tent scene where they're like in the tent and there's like a bunch of children laughing in the tents, moving, and I would be like, ad freaking.
Speaker 3: Exactly what they don't though, I would bolt out of that tent, even though I wouldn't want to. I'd be like, I have to just fucking just run in any direction as.
Speaker 5: Fast as I can, so fast that I can't be caught by the gingerbread man. Others said that it was a woman screaming as if she had been stabbed or been hurt, which is even wilder. If it sound like a cat or some sort of like feral creature, like I said Moulin, it would make more sense and be less frightening. I feel like then it sounds like a woman being stabbed. Some people have reports seeing the animal open its jaw to make this sound, so it's not like the noise. It was something you know of a canine victim dying. No matter how it's described, pretty much everyone agrees with the beast beasts call was positively blood curling, and every one of these cryptid these creatures always seem to have some sort of weird sound coming out of their mouth, like Bigfoot whoops like a jugglo. It's fucking weird and go whoop whoop. It's like very strange and that would be frightening, or like the idea that like he like knocks on the trees. Eventually, we're gonna do it this summer, but we'll see. I want to do it justice, but I want to do like a big deep dive into Bigfoot, like a couple hours long, do a fun live stream on a weekend. Who knows that we'll get to it this year, but I would like to do that and do like a whole deep dives. Get into a bunch of different stories about Bigfoot, because there's many of them. While the beasts definitely seemed to prefer canine prey, it did once try to attack a human.
Speaker 9: It did.
Speaker 5: On the evening of January fifth, nineteen fifty four, Miss ce Kingslaw was in her home when she heard some strange sounds outside. The dogs sounded like they were whimpering. She went outside to see what the matter was. Then she saw a massive catlike creature approaching her dogs. Very strange indeed, and quickly turned its eyes on her. The beast then rushed at her as if it was going to attacker, but she screamed before running inside for help from her husband. Apparently frightened by her screams, the beasts slunk back into the woods. The beast never attacked another human seeming. It seemed to prefer dogs and livestock. However, incidents made the papers, especially noting that there had been tracks left outside and it proved that the beast was real and that it could be dangerous to people. Very weird, so it did attack somebody, or at least try to rethink.
Speaker 3: There's there's some interesting theories behind behind like what people believe about this thing. There's someone on read I found that claimed to have seen the beasts himself or potentially both times. It was just after direk when I was driving home the creature. I was sitting at the opening of a game trail just beside the road. The first time I drove by, wondering if it was a large black dog, but knew that something was off about it being a dog. I volunteer at the Humane Society in my area and I'm around dogs all the time, so there was something just throwing me off. The second time, I turned around and stopped as I watched its slink back into the woods, a very catlike walk and a long ticktail swaying behind it. And then he goes on to talk about kind of what I said about, like the tourism board and stuff, because that was the first thing that came into my mind. I was like, well, obviously, if I was on a tourism board, I'd be like, yeah, we need to keep this shit going. So he says some people that from the town believed that the whole affair was made up. Mayor Fussel owned the nickelodeon teeter in the town at the time, and about a week after the attacks, he rented a movie to show in the theater called The Big Cat, which of course was very popular at the time. He was the one that reported the information to the newspapers in the area, and the story blew up all across the county. I believe he's even quoted as saying there is no such thing as bad publicity. Two other well known citizens of the town that helped sharing stories of potential sightings were Gabe Frink and Taylor Shaw, both of them on Gas stations on either side of the town, so having more people in the area fucking tayler Man would be beneficial to their businesses. Others believed that it was a mad police dog that had gone rogue, or a German, a local German shepherd called Big Boy, and there's a couple of other canine theories, but the police discredited all these and do not think that any attacks were indicative of a canine predator. Weird stuff about like fucking circuses and things like escaped cougars and mountain lions and stuff from.
Speaker 5: Circuses, and that could make sense, Like I said, like people that own pets, you know, like in they so weird man.
Speaker 3: So after you, yeah, I suppose if you if you had a an animal like that, whether it be from a circus attraction or just like as a pet or like some weird exotic collector lunatic, and you find out like you realize, oh shit, like he's gotten missing, or he's broken out, or he's got away, and then like you maybe started to hear some stories about like animals being killed all over the place. You're probably not going to fess up and be like, oh I actually owned that. Whoops. Yeah, yeah, you're probably just gonna be like, let me just cut ties and just pretend like I don't know anything about it.
Speaker 5: Joe Exotic shows up, but he's like, that's mine. That damn lady Caroll Baskan try to say that I always mom, but he's better herbody, you know. But after the mysterious and gruesome deaths of so many local animals, people who lived in blatant Borough decided it was time to take down the beast. Like in most stories, in January nineteen fifty four, massive groups began to comb the forest and swamps trying to find this mysterious creature. The hunt got so big, in fact, that big game hunters came miles from miles away and across state lines just for a shot at tracking down the creature. And you see this with Bigfoot. A bunch of bunch of big man with tight belts shirts that look like their buttons are gonna pop off, coming down to hunt Bigfoot and swear they've seen him once and all this stuff. And then obviously you have this and I heard that like they were trying to track it down. I think we'll talk about where they used dogs as bait. But then people wouldn't leave the area to let the beast kind of come there because of all this, because people were just scared or frightened or whatever and wanted to find it, and then they had to like stop it because they're afraid people were gonna start and each other and stuff, which could happen, right, someone gets scared, then the gun goes off, and then it's like Dick Cheney all over again. So, of course, given the rough terrain in the area, it was difficult to track the beast even more difficult to catch it. After a long while had passed, the mayor called off the hunt, but not before tantalizing moment of near success. One man caught up and caught a wildcat in a trap. Newspaper circulated images saying that the beast had been caught. Not only do experts agree the animal was too small, but there's also more killings after the wild cat had been killed it. It is incredibly unlike that this cat was more likely just it wasn't the actual fable beast. As as what the beast is, nobody is sure, but there is plenty of theories. The most obvious is that the animal is some sort of mountain lion also called a kaita mount or cougar as we said, but the blood sucking doesn't seem to make sense in the case of the cougar. Some experts have speculated that perhaps the animal lapped up the blood after crushing on the bones, crunching on the bones and body, rather than actually sucking it out, although along those lines, a bobcat had been suggested, even if most people agreed that it wasn't big enough or strong enough to fit the beasts characteristics. Another theory says that the beast was actually a large dog that was raised by locals before escaping that supposedly was truly massive. Some others have even said that it's simply a bear that has been mistook for being catlike in the dark. Because of all the attention and notoriety the animal received, some people were acted were attracted to the beasts myth for personal gain, of course, right, like we said, to make money. That's you know, it's always about making money, you know, like look at the circus. They'll make like fake animals, especially back in the day. We'll eventually talk about it on the show at some point, but like they would make fake mermaid creatures like the barn was at the Barnes Barnaby Barnaby circus with this guy's called Barnes and Nobles. I'm just kidding.
Speaker 3: It's it's something along those lines that.
Speaker 5: Barnes Brothers or something. Some hunters killed bobcats and displayed them as legendary legendary beast, even asking for payment for viewing. Of course, some pranks, though, were silly and more harmless. One Blatt and Borough resident later confessed that he initially created a fake evidence of the creature for attention. He and his friends found a large dog, possibly a greyhound, then took the animal to a creek where the bank was still soft. Then they tried a Then they tied a bay a bad of a bad maybe it's bag of dried peas to its tail, and then turn it on the loose, very weird. The sounds and fleeing of the peas frightened the dogs, and it leaped around, creating strange, frantic paw prints in the mud. It's interesting. Then they went on to report and said the tracks ractually from the beast. While the accounts were false, there was plenty of witnesses you claimed the sightings were genuine The beast was spotted on the outskirts of the town in Blattenborough, North Carolina, which is located nearly an hour from the other cities and boast a population of less than two thousand. In fact, one of the town's only real claims to fame is its legendary beast. So obviously it put it on the map. New sources all along the coast and mainly other states reported on the strange killings, and nearly overnight Blattenborough became a recognizable name. So obviously there is a chance that people are gonna make money off this, right.
Speaker 3: So yeah, Like I've seen things like it's been linked to the disappearance of a little girl on our mother. I think, well, I say linked, like it's it's just like online salutes that like try to connect dots. But this girl, Mary Rachel Brian, and her mother, Laila Brian, left her home at nine pm on May tent to buy groceries. They were never seen again. The daughter was three years all at the time she went missing. The disappearance occurred up to eighty years ago now, and investigators have been left at more questions than answers. Lila was driving her husband's black nineteen thirty five Ford Model A that they disappeared. The vehicle was also never found. There was multiple teeries that Mary's father was the lead suspect in the case, but he was never charged.
Speaker 5: Husband.
Speaker 3: Yeah, police initially thought that the husband killed the wife and daughter and then buried him beneath his beach cottage. Laila's nephew, Lewis Smith, told police that his uncle port concrete flooring in the basement at the time of disappearance. Investigators dug up the basement flooring twenty nine to love for bodies, but ultimately came out completely empty. The house has crossed off the list's potential burials. Then there was also talks that maybe they like killed her daughter and then kill herself. There's been no evidence to support any of these theories. Both Mary and Lale were legally declared deceased nearly eighty years ago. Yeah, and I just see, like there's people who were supposedly like their parents' parents' parents and all were like locals to the area for generations, and a lot of people are like, yeah, they were probably attacked by like not even necessarily like the beast or whatever, but something like that. Some sort of mountain lion or cougar, and like their's stories of like cougars and stuff traveling from like fucking like crazy, like crazy crazy amounts of distance. Like I seen in twenty eleven, a cougar was found in Connecticut. It was a young male cougar, and so supposedly when they're on their own like that, when they're like singled out away from a pack, that's when they start to kind of like how uncharacteristic behavior where they'll started to like do all sorts of shit. And yeah, it was a young male that was found and it had traveled from somewhere into Dakotas, across Canada and south to New England.
Speaker 5: It's all, well, that's so, there's that uh that Joe Rogan joke right where he's talking about how his dog got taken by a mountain lion. And I think it was like somewhere in like North Carolina. I'm pretty sure was like North Carolisa. And then he was like he saw it and he saw the tail, and he was like like scary because the fact that he's like it took my dog away, it killed my dog, Like that's crazy into.
Speaker 3: To be that close to it no, like unless you've got like I don't know, like a big ass gun or something all of steel. Yeah, like realistically, like a fund of those motherfuckers. And I was looking at like different size comparisons for like what people reckon some of this stuff, Like I mentioned before about like you know, they talk about Irish wolf founds and things like that, and like, I don't know obviously the stics of like how legitimate some of those theories on size are, but like whoa, some of them are scary when you compare it to like your average big dog. Oh yeah, and look at these things. I'm like, that shit looks like a fucking horse.
Speaker 5: Well that's what it would be. Like we've talked about like attacked by monsters on the show and some of the other things, but it would be just for a fun episode to go live too. Is talk about some of the animal attacks that have happened, like bears. There's that one guy like the the attack the bear or got attacked by a bear, broke into his home, was trying to kill him all that crazy stuff, and you're like like like shot it in the head, like very like quickly. Like the ability for him to do that was like a one shot thing or he would have been dead, and somehow he pulled it off.
Speaker 3: And the dude who gets attacked on the trail twice by a bear and still managed to escape, and they yeah so crazy.
Speaker 5: You ever see that movie Edge with uh, what's his name? It's got uh Steven, Steve's not Stephen Hawk Anthony Hopkins and then what Baldwin one of the Baldwin brothers and Edge the Edge, Yeah, it's I can't see in a while, but I remember like being freaked out by because they kind of get lost in the woods together, but I think they're like enemies. Uh, and then that this bear was like tracking them down.
Speaker 3: Oh, I haven't seen it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's pretty free to watch at some point. It's pretty freaky to be like they were being tracked by a bear. The bear was like trying to kill them and ship. There's some pretty freaky scenes in that movie. There's another one, it's more recent. I think it's called Backcountry. Yeah, Backcountry. It's it's about a couple who.
Speaker 3: You know exactly urban couple who goes camping in the woods and find themselves lost in the territory of a predatory black bear. And it's now I will say, like normally movies like that, I'm a bit like give or take, but like the characters play out quite well where they're like you're I suppose you're typical now modern day like couple that hasn't got a clue really and wants to like connect with nature and like do this like thing, and then this like very quickly realize neither of us know how to read a map, we don't have to navigate where the fuck are we, We can't get back, and like they have a list of all those problems, and then realize with a second, I think we're being tracked by a fucking black bear.
Speaker 5: That's freaky, man, And like, realistically it is crazy for so many stories of that, and you have to be like super careful because like these things will start hunting you and coming after you. And it's like that we have real creatures as it is monsters in the darkness in the woods that will find you and hurt you. It's such a such a crazy, crazy story because you don't know and like right, you got brown, get down, black attack and white good night. You can use that for people too, if you'd like, just kidding, just kidding. Armed Hunter hunting party seeks to find the blattin Burrow vampire beast. Like, it's pretty crazy. It's in newspapers and you can like look up the newspaper.
Speaker 14: And I.
Speaker 3: Don't know why that freaks me out.
Speaker 5: It's just really shitty taxi dury man. It'd be very funny you like to do this, right, to do like a taxidermy wolf for a bear or something, but use like human eyes, just like add of weird features to it, and then people be like, yeah, this is a beast I killed.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna lie, right if I was from that town. Do you imagine if me and you were from that town, like we could probably retire off the back of this, because I would milk shit. I was gonna say, I would keep the Sitans going. I would have like a visitor center full of like march and shit. I'd probably be trying to petition to get like shit tons of documentaries and TV shows to come on visits. I would probably try and get a horror movie made about us.
Speaker 5: Well, I was gonna say, is there any like found footage horror movie about like a bear, because that would be cool, like the idea of like someone being trapped in the woods. They're filming their adventures in the woods. I'm sure that would sell pretty well because if you did it right and had decent acting and then the camera shots pretty pretty good. I feel like that would be a decent film. Don't do my idea anybody. I'm sure it's tried to, have tried to been done. Who knows if it's been.
Speaker 3: That country is probably the closest thing that you could get to us.
Speaker 5: It's it's not I to check it out.
Speaker 3: It's not straight at film footage, but there's like a film footage kind of aspect.
Speaker 5: Yeah, weird. And there's there's this I don't know if I'd ever watched this, it looks kind of cool.
Speaker 3: This other thing that came out in twenty twenty one.
Speaker 5: I think that it's a story. It's definitely a movie. The True Story of the Vampire Beast. Yeah, documentary. On the southeastern edge of North Carolina lies a small town. This is your snapshot of a small town America. A community of friendly people, local stores in southern charm in the nineteen fifties, the community faced the unique treat a series of strange animal the text to struct fear and panic and left an enduring mystery in its wake.
Speaker 3: This is the Tale of the Beast.
Speaker 5: Did it look good? I'm gonna bring it up on screen.
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't know. I feel like anything like this gets me instantly. I'm like, I kind of want to watch it. I kind of want to see it. Would love to make one of these things about a cryptid to be honest.
Speaker 5: Oh, I know, so what I would do to get Flatwood Monster, the one that wears the dress kidd pretty weird, see, I just want to see what it kind of looked like. Yeah, maybe this. I think that those kids must be from maybe the movie. I don't see any funny you mentioned the flat one they scream that they said they killed.
Speaker 9: I think.
Speaker 3: It's it's funny you mentioned the Flatwood Monster because Anthony Cousins, the guy who wrote and directed that new Frogman film footage movie. Yeah, I interviewed him and I asked him, like, you know, because lots of people online are like, oh, this is a really good crypto movie. I love a bout blah blah, and they're making a sequel now, and you know, lots of people are asking him after any other cryptos that you would like to know and He was like, I've always loved cryptids. I loved the idea, and you know what is utter number one idea for a foum footage.
Speaker 5: Was the flat Yep, it's a freaky looking thing. It's got metal claws, not really arms.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I could make that fucking scary. He was like, oh, there was just look at the thing for a minute and it's like a pretty freaky idea.
Speaker 5: People swear they saw this thing when they're like driving around the cars and shit, so who knows, who really knows, but yeah, pretty crazy when you think about it.
Speaker 14: Though.
Speaker 5: In North Carolina is a great habitat for cryptids. Blattenborough in particular, it's surrounded by both forests and swamps, which makes the obviously combining area around for for signs of an unknown creature rather difficult. This proved especially true when locals tried to hunt down the beast after attacks became more frequent. Although the creature appeared on the scene and wreaked its worst havoc in the nineteen fifties, the beast still surfaces from time to time. In two thousand and three, more farm animals and dogs began to turn up with crushed bones, bite marks, very little blood in their bodies, and you know, it's just ricky Bobby out there. But like, if you were someone that wanted us to like provoke the fear right and like maybe put the town on the map again your economy is dying, people would do some weird stuff. Strange tracks were also found near the bodies, leading the people believing that the beast was back at work. But it didn't just stop with dead livestock and pets. In twenty thirteen, a local farmer a local family reported that their dog and three horses had been slaughtered in the night. The dogs had been barking, and when the son of the family, Tyler, investigated, he said there have been a strange creature in the shadows running away from the body of a dead dog. The dead animals had been drained of the blood, and given that the attack again happened in Blattenboro, people quickly linked the attack to the beast. Even though the beast had killed numerous family pets and livestock, the locals actually celebrated the creature rather than fear it because they could make money of it. Obviously it now is. Obviously it's activity had somewhat subsided some older folks are reluctant to talk about it. But at the same time, as one local puts it, there is such thing as too much publicity for a small town. As it proved, the town had now has a festival called the beast Fest, just like they have one for Mothman. I'm pretty sure they probably have one for the Jersey Devil. There is live entertainment, food, Admission is free, but anyone who shows up, for anyone that shows up, the family friendly festival meant to boast this little town and drawn tourism, capitalizing on its dark experience with a murderous feline cryptid. Around ten thousand people genuinely, genuinely, genuinely the festival Jesus, many of them hopeful that maybe, just maybe they might catch a glimpse of the legendary Beast of Latin Burrow Borrow pretty weird.
Speaker 3: I'm just looking up a go gole maps of of the town. Like, I mean, the population is, like I think nowadays, like two thousand people maybe, yeah, yeah, cousins to be fair, to be fair, Like there is like right on the outskirts of town, there's a thing called the Brilliant Swamp. Ye bring it up on screen there's well I'm just looking at go gole maps, so I can bring it up here two seconds sure screen.
Speaker 5: Ah, my name is Victor Meldoune. I remember that Victor Maldoane the I.
Speaker 9: Can't believe I forgot about that, dude, the Monstern't You're like, oh, yeah, there's a swamp like right, like this is the town here, So there's like a swamp all here that runs the whole way across.
Speaker 3: You've got a creek over here, so there's a lot lends itself to like potentially having like there's a lot of fucking green. I agree around there. I think there's a huge like state park not far from here, like a nart kind of east and that's where people seem to go missing. So it's like, you know, even down this direction, like there's a lot of I didn't realize how Like, yeah.
Speaker 5: We'll have to do an episode. Yeah that's crazy. We'll definitely have to do an episode on the four to one one, like all the people being missing going missing in the national parks. I know you've wanted to cover that because it is weird and it overlaps on a lot of like tunnel systems underground, which even freakier. But it is a weird case. And you see this a lot, Like there's so many stories of cryptids and to me, like, I think anything is possible. There could be some sort of creature that maybe we're not aware of that comes you know that there's only a few left. There's definitely creatures that have gone extinct that we know of. So what about the things that we didn't know of that where weren't really tracking and you know a lot of people wouldn't have been aware of what like maybe I don't know, Like if you go to another country, right, you just stumbled upon it, and then you know maybe you're not from there when you see some sort of creature and you think it's some sort of beast, right, like, say, you've never seen a bear before, right, I don't know, I don't know where bears don't exist. I feel like they're fucking everywhere. But so you've like and then you show up and you see one, You're like, what the hell? You know, you've never seen a monkey before? And you go like to the end, you show up and on a boat and you just don't even know where you're going, and they show up and then you're like, what the hell is that thing? Why is it walking on four or two legs? And all sorts of stuff? Right, do you have anything else you want to bring up? And you have some of the you don't say the stories of people because.
Speaker 3: Well that was from that guy. I don't like, I don't know how truthful. Yeah, Like I mean that could be just anybody. Like here's an example you're saying about, like you know, people couldn't mistake this for like other things whatever, but like there there's an example of where something like that could be happening. Yeah, So like just to give just to give context there, Like that's a vintage photo.
Speaker 5: Can't be real? That one I think would be real.
Speaker 3: That's a mother fucking dog that is huge.
Speaker 5: I've seen videos of dogs like that too.
Speaker 3: There's there's one here in the town. A chick always walks like a remain street and she on the dog and it's literally the size of the dog in that picture. That's crazy, Like it's so much so that like when I stood beside it one day, I was like, you could actually ride this dog, Like I could put a saddle on this and sit on him and he wouldn't.
Speaker 5: Like so weird. It's crazy because it is right if if there was some dog got loose, and that's crazy. Besides what your car is over in Europe are very small to begin with, but that is pretty as wild compared to like how little my dog is. And there's definitely like how.
Speaker 3: Big that dog and look at a werewolf like that if that thing like think about it, right, like they say that they're quite I suppose tame to a degree, but like if that thing went crazy, yeah.
Speaker 5: It became if it got uh, if it got what's that the folams of the mouth, right babies, and then it just kind of goes nuts and stuff. That's it is pretty wild because it is quite possible that that's what could have happened. There's other stories that we'll be getting into at some point on the show where it is weird because if you were if you mistake this, you could think it's a werewolf, right, Like if you're in the woods and your buddy, you know, gets attacked and then you just see like the dog up on his chest, like it looks like it's standing on him in some regard, you would think that it's some sort of werewolf creature.
Speaker 3: I really stupid and irrational, but like, yeah.
Speaker 5: People are kind of stupid and irrational.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I and like to be honest with you, I feel like if I was in that situation, I don't know, like, like, god forbid, let's say me that happened to me and you and I've seen something of that size is like eight in your face off or some shit. I think if I managed to make it out there alive to tell anybody, I don't know if my first thing would be like, oh yeah, I've like I've already categorized that, like it was just a big dog and like it just happened to eat Tom's face off. I'd probably like it's some sort of weird fucking beast thing. I'd never seen anything that sized before. I don't know, it wasn't a fucking bear. It was like some huge fucking dog creature thing.
Speaker 5: Well, your brain does irrational things to make up for trauma and things like that, Like the amount of people that claim they're abducted by aliens, but then I've said that before. Then they're touched by their uncle. You know, stuff like that does happen. It is true. I like to be the one that is more of believes in the fantasy of that there could be weird creatures out there. I do think anything is possible. I've seen proof that this reality is as real as we think it is in my opinion, but it's just freaky. And we haven't dived into cryptids in a while. We've covered a lot of the big name cryptids, some of them that we never filmed, that was never on film, but they are on the audio side of the show. So wherever you listen, there's tons that we've already covered, but there's still tons to come. Like I, like I said, me and Juan did cover like a bunch of Bigfoot stuff back in the day. It's now on Patreon. There's a couple of this older episodes. I would like to do a big, deep dive into Bigfoot and maybe come back to the Jersey Devil.
Speaker 3: And I was just going to say, I'm gonna petition hired now for everybody that obviously our next big episode is unnamed serial killer that everyone knows and loves, But for our next like big big episode, I'm petitioning for it to be big folks.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, we could definitely do that.
Speaker 3: There's I would give it anything.
Speaker 5: Well, she is a hyena like creature. Someone in the chat was like, I thought, you guys are talking abou Kamala Harris. She is a high like technically she is a human hyena. She is a freaky woman, and it's so weird that people are like, it's it will be better with her. No, no, no, come on, people, they're all the same thing.
Speaker 3: My favorite video of the last while has been that compilation that somebody put together of her saying the exact same thing in every speech for like the last like four years.
Speaker 5: Giving doing accents. I'm Indian, now I'm Jamaican, now I'm Africa.
Speaker 3: She's so fucking cringey, Like I would.
Speaker 5: You want to hear conspiracy theory. She was supposed to be an escort that was being used by the Democrats to sway judges and other people of importance to go with their agenda, so she would be a prostitute essentially getting their ear. And there's pictures of her that she looks pretty like Slotty, looking like she looks like she is a lady of the evening, they say, and that is a creature in its own was she's a cryptid?
Speaker 14: She was like.
Speaker 3: Was she like with jay Z And like all these different rappers.
Speaker 5: I don't know, I can't remember, but jay Z also is definitely part of the Illuminati.
Speaker 3: No, that's what I'm saying. There's like, there's pictures of hor like these, like.
Speaker 5: Oh back in the day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, weird.
Speaker 5: It's weird. She was kind of involved a lot of that stuff in the background, and they definitely put people to those selected places of status for a reason because they know that they can manipulate and puppet them.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 5: I know a lot of people want to want to like Trump for whatever reason, but you just have to remember who he puts into power, what people he has beside him. Why he loves to go kiss a wall for some reason and bow down to it, Like why does everyone seemed to do that. It's fucking weird, and you have to acknowledge it. God damn people acknowledge what is going on. Stop thinking someone's gonna save you. Supposed to be about fucking cryptis no, no, uh no. Politics. But I have a lot of ideas for the show. I have tons of stuff that we want to get into eventually. Yeah, realistically, I want to do Bigfoot in the summer, but we didn't. We don't necessarily have to because the Yetti will coming to play at some point, right, So, like he's a Winter's I know there's a lot of stuff I want because as we lead into Halloween, as it starts to get September into October, stuff, I definitely do want to. I have a couple episodes I want to get into that are gonna just be fun times. We're really hoping to achieve to have Me billion Aaron on together more often. We'll see how that goes, but it's scheduling different. But I really hope to get that and we're put that in the works. But everybody right support the show, give us five star rate and reviews wherever you listen. We really do appreciate it. It does more than you think.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 5: Subscribe, like and comment on the videos. It means a lot to us. We are starting to reach more and more people all the time. We've been doing this for a very long time. I see more and more people subscribing to The Rumble, and I do really want to support that platform and really push it out there. We had one of our videos on YouTube go viral of the Inbred family of the goal or Clan. But I want to talk about that soon too, Like I want to talk about the Whittakers, bro. And there's the other weird the Blue Fugate family. Like it's weird, like the amount of families that were like crazy inbred people. There's a lot out there. We think Billy might be. It might be one.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 14: He is.
Speaker 5: He isn't name Brunswick Billy. Oh, we can eventually do that. I wish you would go into the demonic possessions of the story of the Hag. The story of the Hag is definitely something that we can get into at some point because it is a Canadian thing, but it's also everywhere because that's the idea of like demon staying on your chest. I'm trying to figure out what the theme of this channel podcast is. I guess the paranorm Now, everything in anything strange is what we do over here. That's why we're called Strange Brew. We talk about politics, we talk about cryptids, serial killers, the paranormal. Everything is strange that's possible that we can right. We talk about certain people being in charge, conspiracy theories. We do literally everything here and that was the purpose of the show is to be able to go on. I appreciate that man. Yeah, we've done so everybody listening. He's like, yeah, I've heard Canadian stories. We've done a ton of episodes that are not on video format about and I've been going through some of the older episodes see if what should be going on Patreon if it dances a line. But there's been tons of We've done Kane Ghost Stories, Canayane Monsters. There's a bunch of episodes that are not on video format that you can listen to and enjoy and give us five star ray in reviews. I always rant on on the end of these because I never know how to end it. But we have stuff going. You can now check out the first part of our Friday thirteenth Deep Dive. At the time this comes out, both parts would probably be out, So that was a lot of fun. It's been getting a lot of traction actually, Like I said, I think that people like Frida thirteenth. It's a staple of whrror, right, and we have a lot of stuff coming on Aaron's side, our side of class horcuts. So support the show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, look out for that. A lot of shit come on. Some more horror news coming soon. Obviously. The two parts of the Friday thirty deep dives some commentaries. I want to I really want to dive into the Texas Chainsaw movies. I want to do a deep dive on that so bad I answer, do you know what? Like, honestly, it would probably be quite a good thing to do coming up to this Halloween because it's celebrating its fiftieth anniversary. Yes, the original, so it might coincide perfectly to do all of them. And I would love to do some commentaries on some of them, Like all of them. There's so many, it's just like so already you could literally do a commentary probably on most of them and it'd be right.
Speaker 5: Next generation is I really want to do that because I've maybe seen that once because it's so weird and out there. But yeah, we have a lot of stuff in the works. Yeah, it's been fifty years, which is quite crazy. But yeah, support the show. And like I said, I'm gonna play the Cryptid song one more time. I did this for fun. It was just a fun thing. I want to see if I could put as many Cryptids into a rhyme as possible. And like I said, you can subscribe to our music. They're raptilian and all music platforms. I just released a new song. I think everyone will like it. It's very different than some of the stuff I've been doing recently and working on a new album. It's gonna be fun, you know. I people are listening, and that's all that I care about. I don't care how many people it is, but I know that people are listening a couple hundred people. So I do appreciate everyone that does tune in and listen to my music and puts on their playlist or whatever. Right, But yeah, everybody, you know, take nothing seriously, enjoy the last bit of the summer before we start diving into the Halloween season and leading up to all that one of my favorite times of the year, just because it's creepy and dark and you know, I like Halloween. So and we got a fun live special that we're gonna do for in October. So everything there's coming up, daisies, man, So check out the song. Never know how to end this. Thank you for supporting the show. I never said as often as I should I did. I have a bunch of notes now on my computer, a little stickies. It's like watch Swears, watch Ums and Oz. Take nothing seriously and then it says thanks for listening, because like, I never do that. Me and Billy used to tell people to funk off at the end of the episode, so it's like that's not good at Yeah, that I never do as often. We used to be all right, bye fuckers, and I think that is a little aggressive. So we're gonna actually thank the people for for listening. Thank you for listening, Thank you for supporting the show. Let us know what you think of the song down in the comments. Here we go once again, Party of Cryptis.
Speaker 9: Radio Action.
Speaker 12: Welcome back radiop question. Hold on, night Bagger, You've got big Foot walking through the woods in.
Speaker 5: The patter scene for these black hand kids.
Speaker 15: Hood and looked in through their next victim car crashed down there, miss and.
Speaker 11: Come to be them.
Speaker 13: Then Low Loma kids, Mothman on folds his wings that the Loveland Frogman shows in with startling Rabbit walking to the body of crab kids moving by to the rhythm that spring.
Speaker 5: Heel jackets grabbing the yass seven alien big.
Speaker 15: Cat leaping over that DJ scrashing tracks with the giant bats, Sasquatch playing the sacks looking for the Harry Feminists with the fat ass scariest.
Speaker 17: Ven and Miss lab Rats will always have the last lab.
Speaker 10: Had the track, a little grand fast pass the game.
Speaker 5: Bats and the Cactus Cat.
Speaker 3: Then a tall man in.
Speaker 18: The black cat.
Speaker 5: Smoke game crack in the back.
Speaker 16: Oh wait, who's that Marco split Luckness on the pogo trying to get a phone out with the true black cop prop flying.
Speaker 12: Through Victory Lambs.
Speaker 15: Bobby Aga with the rocking Chicken leg.
Speaker 10: Home talking to the lizard Man on the phone, trying to get a bone for the Michigan dog Man has a rings and browsing phones at the mouth as the yag and is covered in snow stone on the couch.
Speaker 7: With the moon and the house.
Speaker 11: The lowlow so thrown out at.
Speaker 5: The house had the stone cape.
Speaker 6: He's punched in the face the dover dem in his running lege come and see me in from being fucked in the face. As when it goes getting low to the buffet bass Who are the devil monkeys?
Speaker 3: Not getting hungry?
Speaker 5: Go for bite at the pizza parlor.
Speaker 12: Oh shit, it's the first known nightcrawlers.
Speaker 5: They're walking in.
Speaker 12: Suck your git for a dollar, Calm down, goblins go.
Speaker 5: Home the Hopskinville.
Speaker 17: Oh god, what's that run snow as the Coldman brows in with the Jersey dabble, smoking Monk's potent maths from the dabbled himself the unicorns getting bored.
Speaker 12: Touching himself, a full line of origin breaks out.
Speaker 11: You hear Siren's coming from herself. Everyone that's being a game running out around their house parties over, get the fuck out,