Speaker 1: It's a new year.
Speaker 2: I mean, I know we're officially a month into a new year, but a microphone in there instead of a pencil. That's the show logo I thought we were going to go with. Now I guess we can't use it right because old.
Speaker 1: Jimmy Boy's got something too similar and he'd probably sue us. All right, if you don't.
Speaker 2: Roz and I have just spat the last I don't know, like ten to fifteen minutes, laughing and mocking Jim Acosta, who remember Audios or Acosta La Vista, as everyone including myself enjoyed, saying he's off doing his own thing on substack and while some people, you know, you think of just writers, but obviously he's doing he's doing a video show and it looks like it's just him doing it. And it was his first one. It wasn't very smooth, and I'm not going to force it upon you. But you almost can't even get to the content because he had to get a logo for his show and he went in a really interesting direction.
Speaker 1: Now, maybe Ross and I are reading into this.
Speaker 2: Maybe we're just being jerks on a Friday, Okay, I will that is a possibility.
Speaker 1: Ross uh, would.
Speaker 2: You tweet his new logo please, we'll get that out there. You can go buy at Casey on the radio.
Speaker 1: See a little picture of that.
Speaker 2: Because some people, and yes, even cynical little meat, some people might look at his logo, which is a red clenched fist like China color red clenched fist, you know, the power fists thing holding a pencil, and some would look at that and think it looks a little comedy. Ee if he catched me. It's the it's the it's the worker's day. Workers you it's the commy fist. You you went with the commedy fist. Dude, you put a pencil in there. She's like, look, it's not a hammer or sickle. It's not a weapon. Well to John wickt is what are you telling me? You're John Wick or a commie. I'm gonna believe the second one. You are no John Wickser. What what do you if he was, if he was a half brain cell smarter, I might assume he's trolling, But he's not.
Speaker 1: You know what he is.
Speaker 2: He's living his authentic life and it's really rich because I I don't know if I'm gonna be able to go back and find it. So I'm gonna paraphrase. So do you remember the first when when Acosta first got called out? It was the press conference where Trump.
Speaker 1: Was delineating.
Speaker 2: How his businesses, the part where he basically was like, all right, I'm gonna be president. My boys are going to run the businesses, and of course everyone freaked out. But it was in that hearing when Jim Acosta got a nickname. He got fake news, and then the Yellow Room he got really fake news. But that was the fake news. And then when Trump fake newsed him, he went from just a reporter in there.
Speaker 1: With obnoxious questions to.
Speaker 2: The story and Jimmy, I remember everyone of everyone of the White House Press pool or the other networks was interviewing Jim Acosta and they would sit there as journalists and go, can.
Speaker 1: You believe what this man is doing?
Speaker 2: And it was all horrible, And I remember Acosta said something that made me laugh, and I don't remember exactly how he said it, but whoever was interviewing him asked about Trump's assertion that the White House Press pool is a bunch of Democrat right, and Acosta made this this kind of smug.
Speaker 1: Little he said, look are there people were people. Of course we're.
Speaker 2: Gonna lean a little one way or the other. And that's what made me laugh. And I'm like, I don't think he's implying that you're a purple voter, bro, And but for him to say that, you know, because he's intimating that, I'm not going to tell you if I'm a little conservative or a little liberal because I'm a reporter. And I'm responding, Dude, you're a minute away from your job, which only barely kept you from doing crap like this, and the first thing you do to brand yourself. I want to be clear here, he's Jim Acosta himself. He was clearly doing that show without a team of producers running around giving him study.
Speaker 1: It showed.
Speaker 2: I only watched like forty five seconds, but that's all I could take. I'm only human. So it's your first joint into it. You have to build a brand. What is the brand you go for? And you're not the first one. Piers Morgan is doing very well. Piers Morgan said, f it and in true British tabloidy style, which is initially where he came from, Piers Morgan decided he was going to create the Jerry Springer of politics thing on YouTube. He's got some decent graphics, but it's clear nobody's running them because whenever they go to his guests, unless you heard their names at the opening or could figure it out based on whatever their first name is, when when Piers calls on him, they're not even typing their names into his graphics package. So it looks like he's got some big studio, but it's probably him, and he probably has one other person who's doing nine other things. But Morgan gets clicks man because you'll bring on that Harry Sis, it's any idiot and and Daniel Hogg and then he'll put him up against you know, you know, pick the biggest bomb throwers on the right and then just let him destroy each other.
Speaker 1: That's his model.
Speaker 2: He's he's owned it, so he branded that he's doing something that you get a little on the networks. But he's letting it go on for forty five minutes. And for people like that stuff, they watch it. I gotta tell you guilty pleasures. I've clicked on an episode here or there because he's and he's very smart with the the the screenshot.
Speaker 1: It's not called the show, what's it called on YouTube.
Speaker 2: Ros the thing that you see on the still frame that you see there, there's a word for it.
Speaker 1: I can't remember the thumbnail. Yeah, the thumbnail. I'm so, this is how little I have to do with this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And everyone always says it's really hard to make a thumbnail. I'm like, isn't that just a screenshot you wrote some words over? I see creators whine about it. But Piers puts that and he finds the moment when all four it's usually four guests are in the middle of something really heated and one of them looks like they want to murder the other one, and he goes, yes, and he puts that theory. He's branded, he has created his brand. That's his brand. He knows what he's doing. I think people I saw people are like, oh, you know, these are getting out of control. That's by design, bro, He's saw ditch And it's actually really smart actually, because you don't need everybody.
Speaker 1: You need the people who.
Speaker 2: Joyously if they see Scott Jennings picture and and Ellie Mistelles or you know, one of the real crazy leftists, if they see them in a minute clip, they're on Twitter and they can't help themselves. They just click on the damn thing. That's who Peers Morgan's going after. And there's a bunch of that, and there's a little bit of it for everybody, right because you know, a peers all so makes them shut up long enough so that they can deliver their pre written insults to each other. For some of them, you're not hiding it. That's his brand. So what is what is Jim Acosta? Fake news? Very fake news? Acosta do?
Speaker 1: He brands himself with a commy fist blake immediately, it's it's it's brand when we have client.
Speaker 2: When people buy radio advertising, you buy it for various reasons. One of the reasons you if you're a new business, you brand. So that's why you'll hear radio commercials that are more talking about, hey, there's a brand new blah blah blah car wash over here. You're branding the car wash and the location of it. You're passing on information, but you're branding it for an existing business that may run specials. Maybe they're doing, you know, a call to action.
Speaker 1: Part where you know they there's a code like you know, Ross one hundred gets you ninety percent off at waffle house. That's not a thing that won't work.
Speaker 2: But there's all sorts of efforts, and anyone who's in media for a minute understands this.
Speaker 1: I'm just I'm I'm long.
Speaker 2: I'm making this point and I'm making it long because there is zero possibility he doesn't know, is the point that I'm making, even if you believe him to be the dumbest man on TV.
Speaker 3: But it'll but it'll sort of make sense now, right seeing that because he's out on his own, he has his own product. Now, how am I gonna brand this?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: What am I gonna what? What represents me? He knows what he's doing, and his go to is a red power fist and.
Speaker 1: It is a China red. I'm gonna called China Red.
Speaker 3: I can't get I can't stop. But I haven't had this thing, and I don't even have that. I haven't even heard it. I have the volume down. It's just the thumbnail there and the you know, on the on the the news feed, on the Twitter account, it's muted so and he doesn't even look like himself anymore. He's morphed in because he doesn't have the makeup in the studio stuff joined the club, Yeah, he looks like Keith Oberman, Rachel ma how Chris Hayes. Yeah, he's got the glasses of the same haircut, all of it and then.
Speaker 2: On the side of one black turtleneck away from you know, all the way in.
Speaker 3: And I understand obviously there's a budget issue here, but it looks like an underground college campus communist sort of YouTube channel.
Speaker 1: How are you your?
Speaker 2: Your your Twitch stream, which we've never mentioned before, looks amazing compared to this.
Speaker 3: And going back to your branding thing. So when I was doing that, I'm like, Wow, this is gonna be fun. It's like my own thing. I'm just gonna play video games.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: So when we got right, how do I want to brand this? What represents me? I'm gonna go with the red wit and blue. I'm gonna put Hayes for sheriff at the top and.
Speaker 1: It's pretty obnoxious.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, and the A is gonna look like the the red whit and blue karate pants from Napoleon Die. Anyway, the guy wears right, do you want.
Speaker 1: To I get there early? What do I hear through my years the Thomas Jefferson march right? Yes?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, So I mean and all that is intentional, right, like what represents me? How do I want to be seen? So this is his opportunity. I'm alone. I don't have seeing n anymore. I can say whatever I want to say. I can drop f bombs, I can call the president whatever I want. How am I going to brand myself as a straight up comedy?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: And it explained everything is like, oh now everything makes sense. Are you surprised that that is this crazy kind of no?
Speaker 1: No, no, Are you surprised that he might have been a commy all along? I mean we all kind of sort of thought it, right. Yeah, It's like I knew it, I nailed it.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah I And and in that, in that sense, I almost appreciate dude's honesty.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Maybe he just completely feels like relieved.
Speaker 2: You know how people are making everybody you don't brand new car. It was a freaking example. Hush up, Okay, I'm just pointing. I'm pointing out that anyone in media understands that there are different types of campaigns. There's different Do you know how many conversations Ross and I've had to sit through and participate in over the years doing radio where they're like, all right, what if instead of saying it this way.
Speaker 1: We say it now?
Speaker 2: Do you You know there's discussions about how you say now. I escape a little of it because for us it's Casey on the radio because it's in multiple markets. But we have like you know what the rally station's one oh six one or is it one o six point one? These are things you think about because you want a consistency.
Speaker 1: Of what you're doing.
Speaker 2: The logo, the graphics, right, you emb remember buying a bad boardop one to change the to the blue. Remember, like every we every day we'd go into his office, we'd have an update on this thing where we're just like all right, but they gave it a lot of thought, and I understand why.
Speaker 3: No, it's the you know, if anybody it's the pig vomit Howard Stern w n BC. Yeah, that's like a real thing that happens. But instead of it being a good guy just coming in and talking to you, you know, in between your breaks or whatever, you'll have like hour long meetings on the Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's and and it's it's part of the thing. And here's the deal. Even though you know, we'll joke and all that it having an identifiable logo, or the way.
Speaker 1: That you say the station.
Speaker 2: It used to be very important the way that you said the station, because the way the radio ratings used to work was people would write in diaries. Now they do it a different way, and I don't I'm not going to get into it. But you know, back in the day, so like it was really really top of mind. Well, now you get over under the digital side where a lot of people are streaming now. And I'm not spilling any secrets here. You give this a lot of thought because you want people subconsciously to turn you on so they get up in the morning. Maybe you listen to this show and you sometimes listen to another one. You shouldn't do that, but if you do, we want a brand so that when you're groggy, you're like flip bother of me. Hear the news first, and then hopefully I used to around because you like what we're talking about.
Speaker 3: Dude, it's so ridiculous. It has to be a joke. It has to be.
Speaker 1: I don't think he's smart enough for it. I don't think he is that guy.
Speaker 3: He might as well be wearing like a Fidel Castro type hat with the red star on it, you know.
Speaker 1: All right, here's the deal.
Speaker 2: If he if he on today's episode, when he does his next one, if he's wearing that hat, I'm all in on the joke. And you know what, I'll even give him credit for it, because that would be funny. I can separate the fact that I think he's a leech with all right. You know it's that, you know, it's that meme out there. It's from like an Onion or a Babylon b article, and it's like, the worst person you know just made a great point.
Speaker 1: You ever see that?
Speaker 2: And the guy's face is just like, ah, that's the headline. The worst person you know just made a great point. All right, We're not quite there. But if that is pure troll, I'll well, I give him a little golf clap and then we'll move on. Okay, But I don't think it is. I think he's all in. And by the way, he's not the only one out there today potentially trying to suicide. Not themselves, all right, I don't revel in that, but uh, suicide their position, their respect, their audience, their money.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, there's.
Speaker 2: Something else going on, and it may all culminate here in about a month.
Speaker 1: Ross, When when is the Oscars? What day? Uh?
Speaker 2: Because you watch you you watch it every year? What I look on your calendar there?
Speaker 1: What you know?
Speaker 3: I try to watch it every year, but something always comes up. So I'm yeah, exactly, I can get back. I can circle back to you on that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, no, but you know the day obviously it's on your calendar, so it's not it's not though, So so how would you know something's come up? Because I mean, you know, life is hectic, man, So which day should I then cross off that you're not available because something came up? Just let me know because I got my paper calendar here which day I'm not doing it? But I think he said March or something. Anyway, wait till you hear about this is kind of rumery some off the record. I don't know it's Oh I hope they do it. I'll tell you what it is coming up next. Hang on, we will. We'll be chatting in the eight o'clock hour, as we do with Pete calender, and Lord knows, there is more than enough to talk about. So looking forward to that, we didn't have any of those politicians.
Speaker 1: Get back to us. Did we Russ, They're very busy.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yesterday we'd try to get some of the Transportation Committee members who are part of North Carolina delegation, one Senator and a couple different congressmen. And I still wanted to talk to him today, but if they didn't get back, so it is what it is.
Speaker 1: We got moren enough to get into. We got some stuff I had to roll over yesterday. So let's just get to business, shall we. Yesterday was interesting.
Speaker 2: One had to make a choice which confirmation hearing are you going to watch? And uh I I did the thing where I had the one ready to go on one app and one on the other. And I thought i'd slip back and forth between Tulsi and Patel, but I couldn't look away from the Kashpitel thing.
Speaker 1: And it became.
Speaker 2: Abundantly clear from the beginning he's pretty good at this getting interrogated thing. He's pretty good. Look watch it and I get you had the more Kennedy stuff, which we'll talk about, but he's pretty good at it.
Speaker 1: I I have.
Speaker 2: To think he's going he's he's gonna get it, because so basically they went after him in a couple really disgusting.
Speaker 1: Ways one that he is.
Speaker 2: He's just pure conspiracy theory all the time because he did interviews with people that they feel are conspiratorial. And don't get me wrong, he did some interviews with people who are definitely onto the conspiratorial side. I wouldn't say you're dealing with violent people, which is what they were intimating. You're just dealing with people who don't believe anything you guys say. And Patel went on there, and if you actually look at the interview, he's telling them why they're wrong on some stuff. And so yesterday they're talking to him like, oh, I can't believe you would talk to this person. He's like, yeah, I went on to explain to him why they're wrong, because I was there at the thing, and so I was explaining to him, Hey, this is because he spent some time embedded with the Seals and I don't.
Speaker 1: Remember what all the topics were.
Speaker 2: But you're willing to so nobody when you think that you're anyone who disagrees with you, silencing them rather than besting them with arguments.
Speaker 1: When you fully subscribe to that, of course you're going to.
Speaker 2: Look at him talking to people that you don't like and go, oh, oh, well, obviously he's a conspiratorial So when you go on if the one time you went on Fox, mister Democrat senator, are you a Republican now.
Speaker 1: Or did you push back.
Speaker 2: Maybe against other people on the network, perhaps Republican colleague or some panelists and give me that garbage? And then they tried to wind it up that he was one of the people responsible for January.
Speaker 1: Six Yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. And at first I'm like, they're not going to do now, they are going to do that. Are we really gonna we're gonna do that, We're going to do this?
Speaker 2: And they did. So let's go ahead and get through this thing, shall we? And let me start right here. This is right at the beginning of things, and Kashptel was asked if he'd ever experienced racism, and I'm I'm not sure fully why this was the opening volley there. I think maybe Republicans thought that they were going to go in this direction, but then they started accusing him of January sixth.
Speaker 1: By the way, do you know where he was January sixth, Because he was the chief of staff I believe for the Department of Defense, I believe, so he had some military a high ranking.
Speaker 2: Civilian military job. He was at the Department of Defense, sitting there, and they had cold started the Army National Guard. And I say cold started because and by the way, cold started them in the fastest time frame ever accomplished. The reason they cold started him they're the Army National Guard was because days before, as the letters show, they thought, hey, these crowds are going to be a lot bigger. Obviously you got people here angry. That's not even accounting for people who will infiltrate, you know, to stir chaos as Antifa has done.
Speaker 1: We should have this.
Speaker 2: And so they cold started and communicated to the Speaker of the House, Nancy Pelosi and the mayor Is Bowser that all they needed was one.
Speaker 1: Of those two to say yes. And they both sent denial letters. You've seen them. They post them online and people point out, Hey, that's where he was, and they're like, are you organized January sixth with your rhetoric?
Speaker 2: Burrah, All right, let's get back to the racism thing. Uh, we're gonna probably have to bleep this.
Speaker 1: I think you'll pick up on one.
Speaker 5: Because of my personal information being released by Congress, I was subjected to a direct and significant threat on my life and I put that information in the record.
Speaker 1: I had to move in that threat good. I was called.
Speaker 5: A detestable and pause, I don't get all right, but it's in the record, a detestable sen who had no right being in this country. What you should go back to where you came from.
Speaker 2: Wait, hold on, Rob, what was the word you believed I was? I wasn't able to was the what was the word? Ross's microphone has just been disconnected?
Speaker 5: Okay, you belong with your terrorist home friends. That's what was sent to me. That's just the piece of it. But that's nothing compared to what the men and women in law enforcement face every day. And that's why they have my support.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: So, and that was a friendly question about it. I just want to be clear, which is why from a strategicy standpoint, I was like, oh, are they what are they trying to head off? When you watch enough of these you're trying to figure out what the Republicans, if their chair trying to head off. And they really didn't go in that direction, but they went all in on the conspiracy and he started January sixth as much it and that's my be more ludicrous than the Lego Man. And if you don't know the story of the Lego Man, that's the dude who was not at January six but they feel help plan it because he owned a lego Us capital which he had not assembled, and they literally argue that he used the lego Us capital to plan January sixth. And even the judges, which clearly, as you saw, were in the bag for prosecutor. Even the judges like, what do you it's not even assembled, loser. So just one of the crazy stories out there.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: I'm thinking, like, what if you got a Lego set of something and it gets robbed, he might be a suspect. Ross if Hogwarts gets robbed, you're screwed, buddy, right, some Star Wars stuff too, So anyway, yeah, it's it was just the peak of ridiculousness. And there's nobody who brings the re ridiculous quite like Mazie Herono, Hawaii senator, who you know, did her standard thing. Her first questions are always when did you stop beating your wife? Or if you ever sexually harassed somebody.
Speaker 1: She's got a two or three of them.
Speaker 2: And then we get into this exchange and to show you how unseerious this woman is and how on autopilots staring down at her pre written.
Speaker 1: Stuff she is. She asks him a question.
Speaker 2: He answers the question, and then she's like, why won't you answer the question? And I'm not meaning there's a difference of opinion whether he fully answered it. He answered it. She wanted a piece of information. He told her exactly where it was, and then she belittled him.
Speaker 6: Here your answer, yes or no? Did you make money? I don't have those I'm going to ask you that question.
Speaker 5: You have that information.
Speaker 2: So she's staring at the thing with the information. He says, I physically don't have it in front of me. You you have it right in front of you. And I'm sorry, I feel like that counts as an answer. I feel like that counts as an answer. Just literally play the whole thing.
Speaker 6: Here, your answer yes or no? Did you make money? I don't have Last time, I'm gonna ask you that question.
Speaker 5: You have that information.
Speaker 6: So you refuse to answer the question.
Speaker 5: I answered thirteen hundred pages.
Speaker 6: You are no answer, And yet you spread dangerous misinformation.
Speaker 1: And they're a little tagg at. Yet oh I love that so much.
Speaker 2: And and because you realize how she was. She would have said that even if he'd have started reciting.
Speaker 1: Horton hears a.
Speaker 2: Who right, she did just cut him off at some point, like you spread dangerous misinformation like that was coming out no matter what I I demonstrated to show you how serious it was.
Speaker 1: But again, what did we have.
Speaker 2: We had a bunch of women screaming at cash Battel. Not all of them, there was there was one Democrat and there was one Republican.
Speaker 1: Who were.
Speaker 2: Normal, uh women who were normal, like way too polite.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: It really didn't even I don't mean that as a negative thing because I had to check to see is that a Democrat?
Speaker 1: It was crazy man.
Speaker 2: So and they extracted substantive information, like you know, on some issues and probably on some issues that cash Battel isn't going to prioritize. But that's what these things are supposed to be.
Speaker 5: Not this either, the rest of the interviews, This is all egnipets of information are often misleading and detrimental to this committee's advice and consent. If you consent, I would love to have five hours of questions and then I could read the whole transcripts. You've got two minutes.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Wow, he said that because she has two minutes, and in fact, she ended up going well over the two minutes, and in fact, she went so far over that Tom Tillis actually asked the chair that those two because he wanted them to count against her additional time because she went so far over and she was getting all whiny about it.
Speaker 1: Manh let's see here. Yeah, we'll get all these in.
Speaker 2: And then mister Whitehouse fan of the All White Beach Club.
Speaker 5: In the collective, all of those statements are taken out of grotesque context. And anyone that thinks my sixteen years of service is an exemplar on how I would proceed if confirmed as FBI is intentionally putting false information into the public ether and creating more public discourse. The only thing that will matter if I'm confirmed as a director of the FBI is a de weaponized, depoliticized them of law enforcement, completely devoted to rigorous obedience of the Constitution and a singular standard of justice.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's what people voted for. The polling would tell you that it was one of the great move It was one of the things that moved a lot of people. When they actually started doing more extensive exit polling and focus groups. You know, out a couple weeks from the election, they wanted to talk to people and you can see there's clips floating around Twitter where some of these pollsters are sitting there and they're asking they're talking to people who voted Democrat, who switched a Republican. And one of the main answers given was when they started dragging them through court. People don't like a bully, well, normal people, only people who bully on the fringe obviously celebrate. Then most people, at some point they'll hit a breaking point. And he was ready to go with the answers. All right, one more since he's our guy, Tom Tillis, who he had himself a real interesting idea. Hey, Ross, has there ever been anyone else in North Carolina who has put together bingo cards for political events going on?
Speaker 1: Damn near over a decade? Now, is there anyone you can think of?
Speaker 3: I mean they can check the arcave on it. Yeah there has been, yes, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Another senator or maybe a radio host.
Speaker 3: No radio host, yeah right here, Oh it's in front of me.
Speaker 1: Yes, says radio host, right there, Yeah, and until has had a bingo card I'm slightly kidding, or am.
Speaker 7: I, colleagues, I created a cash Bingo card that I have available to any of my colleagues who would like it on the other side of the aisle.
Speaker 2: Here's the problem with your Bingo card. You need five letters. That's why Obama worked great, Patel would work great.
Speaker 1: Cash is f columns, bro, colleagues.
Speaker 7: I created a cash Bingo card that I have available to any of my colleagues who would like it on the other side of the aisle. Some may view this as an un serious caricature and not appropriate for this committee. Sadly, I consider it a serious caricature of what I expect to be witnessed today. I think we'll have words like enemies list in deep State. I've already axed out four boxes and the opening statements alone.
Speaker 2: He and then later when he came back for his two minutes, he held up his Bengo card and he everything was X but like four spots.
Speaker 3: Friends, I've come up with his zany, over the top prompt to take away from the fact that I am, in fact slender Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Amen, every day is a struggle, so they don't notice.
Speaker 2: So I got the vibe that Tillis is obviously going to vote for Patel, so you know that's the serious side of it.
Speaker 1: But yeah, that's a that's a thing.
Speaker 2: Then then he threw a snowball and then a KFC, so he did a three for But when your skin suit starts slipping, man, you gotta you gotta distract, all right, six six fifty. He didn't do anything yesday that really irritated me. So now I just got to make fun of bingo jokes. But that's okay, it's how we roll, all right. I just realized I forgot to tell you the Oscar juicy thing.
Speaker 1: Are you ready for this? Let me I'll just throw it in here. Uh.
Speaker 2: Apparently a group of prominent actors are actively lobbying members of the Academy ahead of next marches or this coming March's Oscar.
Speaker 1: I checked, it's March second. Are you free that day or not? Ross?
Speaker 2: Or is that the day you have some on your calendar that you didn't even know what the day was?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: No, I just put something on the calendar there, so it's now unavailable.
Speaker 1: It's not doing it. Yeah, just filled the realized.
Speaker 2: The digital calendar. So everyone in the office, everyone's calendar.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well that's sure. Yeah, yeah, I'm busy the day not doing that.
Speaker 1: Now you've changed it to river dancing, do you river dance? Is that I am?
Speaker 3: It's a big passion of my Okay, all right, Michael Flatley. Really I mean back in the day, you remember that, Hey, yeah, I was like, oh, I want to do that, and I made the mistake.
Speaker 2: I made the mistake of going to Ireland when that thing was like at its peak, and so every tourist attraction everywhere had like a pack of those dancers. And it's cool the first like eight times, but when you're just trying to eat something at Dirty Nellies, which is this like thousand year old bar, and all of a sudden, people are clogging next to you. So anyway, uh, probably a prominent group of actors are lobbying Academy voters to send a message to the president by ensuring that this Remember the movie we told you about where a cartel boss wants to not be a cartel boss, so he has surgery to become a she. Yeah, and they didn't call it El Chopo, which is a tragedy. So that movie is nominated for thirteen categories and it's the tray, it's a trans lead actress, and it's a whole trans story, and so Hollywood wants them to win all thirteen. I would point out that three movies been Her, Lord of the Ring, Return of the King and Titanic have eleven tied for the most. So they want to throw away any objectivity and credibility they had to get it. Trump, do it, do it, so that statue means less than ever do it, do it. I'll be that clip of Stephen Colbert telling Trump to run do it, and John Oliver will be back first for women, no excuse me, a first for humankind, and it happens to be a woman, right because you know they'll be like, yeah, everybody loves to celebrate it, unless they're a Republican, but everybody loves celebrating Oh as the first first woman, first woman to hold this verse, woman vice president, very exciting. Well, you know we have the first woman chief of staff right now. Where's the where's the feminist groups with their power fists? That's so weird. I guess as Wiley doesn't count. But this one, there's no bones about it, no man before her. She is first, and for that I feel like we have to celebrate. What is she first in? Well, let's go.
Speaker 8: A woman from Wales is facing jail after bombarding her boyfriend's X with videos of herself farting. Rhiannon and Evans twenty five has appeared in court to day to plead guilty to her rasband in Britain's first ever cyber farting case. She's accused of coursing distress or anxiety to her boyfriend's X after sending videos of herself passing wind. The prosecution told the magistrates that in the first video she sent, she proceeds to pass gas by placing the camera on her bottom and passing the gas. Over the next few days, another four videos were sent of the same nature, showing Rihanna on passing wind and then showing her face smiling at the camera. Her tooting continued on Boxing Day and New Year's Day, despite police getting wind of what had happened. Rihanna was arrested at her home in Caernarvon will be sentenced this week.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, are so petty.
Speaker 2: In fact I the fact that nobody's ever you heard literally you heard the guys saying if you read the article here, it is the first ever cyber farting case in UK's history. So I don't know if worldwide. Maybe worldwide I said humankind, but British humankind. So what she was doing, she'd take her phone, the video would start are probably blurry and blacked out because it's on her bottom. She would do the thing and then she would pull to her face so that she can smile into it the phone.
Speaker 1: She just did her thing.
Speaker 2: On the fact that when they arrest her she didn't have all the pink eye is actually pretty impressive. And then she would send them to her boyfriend's new girlfriend. I'm not victim blaming here, but you felt unsafe in your own home just because there's got to be more to this, because I'm sorry, you get some random person that I used to date is sending the person I.
Speaker 1: Date now you know it.
Speaker 2: Just if I put my just put myself into that scenario, all right, and that person's like, I think she wants to kill me, I'd be like, now, she's a lunatic, but I think you might be overreacting.
Speaker 1: But good for her.
Speaker 2: And and even when she's they got the arrest photo here, she's smiling, man, pretty proud of herself.
Speaker 1: That chick.
Speaker 2: She probably that chick will be and I know she's facing jail time, but it's the UK, so she didn't do.
Speaker 1: A Facebook post, so she's probably okay.
Speaker 2: That chick will be on back on tender in very short order, and some dude will be like, it's okay, they push you to do it, give me some time.
Speaker 1: So there you go.
Speaker 2: Congratulations, ladies, you beat us to it, which, by the way, that seems like a very dude thing to do. That's what I'm even more surprised about fact that I guess it's because you're sending it to another dude.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Did the reporter just say they police got went, oh yeah, the report. There's a bunch of puns in there. Reporter thought he was very clever, but I was laughing too hard to really catch them all.
Speaker 1: See it's Friday. We got a look at that.
Speaker 2: I just talked about the confirmation hearing of the next director of the FBI, and I got like four or five emails on point and I've gotten six on the on that.
Speaker 1: Story of this last story. I love our audience. Man, we got range. We got range. Wait, hold on, yes, Anthony, what's up?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 1: JP?
Speaker 4: I don't win the digging part.
Speaker 1: Well maybe it's a I sir, I don't know. They arrested hers, so.
Speaker 4: Then you have to go rest people for anything nowadays.
Speaker 2: So well, it is the UK. The UK is crazy, Like there's another story from them. Let's see here, flip back, it's one of my rollover stories. Yeah, here we go U. So over in the UK, do you know they have like they have a TV licensed thing over there.
Speaker 1: They have a few. They got taxes.
Speaker 2: Okay, they got taxes and fees and they utilize those taxes and fees to fund the BBC, which is of course just an outlet for left leaning politics. Change my mind, go ahead. The BBC is awful. But BBC also makes shows that people like what was the one that all the women were going gy guy over about ten years ago? The Abbey one down in Abbey. That's what I'm thinking of. Yeah, I remember I got tricked. I got tricked. The girl I was dating at the time, she's like, let's go to Ashville. You know you do that to go to Ashville. And she's like, I want to go to Biltmore And I'm.
Speaker 1: Like, okay, but we're gonna spend a lot of time at the winery part. And don't get me wrong, it built.
Speaker 2: Moore's historical all that stuff, but I just didn't want to slog through there with the gazillion other people.
Speaker 1: We get there, and I realized, because.
Speaker 2: I had made comments about that Downton Abbey when I started watching it, I'm like, what do you I would add storylines that were wildly inappropriate. Anyway, So we go in there and she goes, look, oh my gosh, it's the dresses of Dowton Abbey. So every room at Biltmore you walked into had a dress that we and I say we politely had to stare at for like.
Speaker 1: Ten minutes while she talked to like other women.
Speaker 2: Who had tricked whoever they're with, and then they would be it was like it was like name that tune. They're like, which episode and which scene and then they talk about the scene. Meanwhile I'm like, does this tour go higher?
Speaker 1: So I can fling myself off the billboard?
Speaker 2: But luckily went over the wine thing and was able to soothe the soul.
Speaker 1: So that's the kind of stuff they produce.
Speaker 2: So because BBC exists and made that show, I had to burn an entire day in Ashville at the biltmore staring at dresses instead of I don't know, doing a brewery crawl. I'm still holding on to that anyway, Netflix, Amazon and Disney as well as you know, the other streaming services are cutting into that because, like many Americans, so a lot of people in the UK said, I don't need cable. Well that's how that's how they extracted money for the BBC. So what do you think the UK governments decided to do. You've said, hey, here's a product we think is necessary. And for a long time it probably was. It was really expensive to produce content. There was done of gazillion choices. You know, it mirrored us having you know, three networks kind of stuff, and in the UK they made the decision that that's that's how they do it. Well, that ain't it anymore. So people have not just expressly rejected your methodology for delivering the BBC, they've rejected it outright. They don't in their daily lives need the content that you're providing. So at that point you might look at it and go, I guess we have to, you know, size down the BBC. There's all these other producers out there, you know, get smart, get nimble. No, so they are going to attach the fee if you buy a streaming service over there. Yeah, that's right. The government is deciding to overhaul the license fee and just attach it to streaming services. So if so, if you have any any streaming service, apparently, and how do you track that, you forced you're going to Netflix. Amazon and Disney are going to have to tattle on their customers back to the government. They want to do business over there, and if somebody can set up like I don't know, I have a VPN in my house. I've used it to abuse various streaming options before by changing countries.
Speaker 1: I don't know how that works. All the while, the you know, people.
Speaker 2: Are running around fart sending fart videos to each other. It's just pandemonium over in the UK. Man, they're probably going to collapse. You hate to see it. Seven sixteen Hang on as you have low standards because you went to the biltmore. I'm sorry, didn't your wife not let you go to my bourbon tasting last weekend?
Speaker 4: Hm?
Speaker 1: That's weird, mister King of the Castle, All right, I remember stuff. We flip back to this.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, this is one of those I hate to be right, but don't you remember yesterday we were talking about the crash up in DC. I one of the first things that occurred to me, And it's just because I've done most of.
Speaker 1: My air travel on American.
Speaker 2: And I have been on a a.
Speaker 1: That's final. You want to start a fight, we'll go, We'll go. It's Friday. I don't care.
Speaker 2: So I mentioned I fly American a lot, and that that regional jet, the seven hundreds, as well as the subsidiary that was running them, I have been on their flights a ton. There's a ton out of Raleigh. There's out of Greensboro that that that run. I was on one going to d C when I flew to Dallas a few months ago.
Speaker 1: Miami.
Speaker 2: If you, if you fly anyone who flies Miami to Raleigh regularly, if when you want to fly back to Raleigh from Miami in the afternoon, there's two.
Speaker 1: Flights like at one thirty and three thirty or something. One of them is A seven hundred.
Speaker 2: One of them is that plane, because I always try to get the bigger plane, the three seven eight hundred and and so the thing that occurred to me is almost every time I've been on one of these because I listened to this stuff.
Speaker 1: They say Charlotte based crew.
Speaker 2: And when we were listening to the American CEO the press conference, he never mentioned it.
Speaker 1: But sadly that is the case.
Speaker 2: And more so, we do know that one of the passengers, a woman by the name of Wendy Schaeffer, was a mother from Charlotte as well. But pilot Jonathan Campos, flight attendant Dynasia Danacia Elder, I don't know how to pronounce the name properly, I apologize. Let's see here, there was four crew. Sam Lilly I believe is the first officer first officer, and Ian Epstein was the other flight attendant. Yeah, and they're based out of Charlotte, so you know a North Carolina connection there, and that is with I think thirty bodies recovered, not all of them identified, so we still got a long way to go on this, but I just wanted to get you that follow up. Geez, sorry, just attacking me when I'm trying to get people's names correct. Out of respect. All right, let me flip back over to this. Wait, well, hold on, casey, the UK forces their subjects to buy personal I just said that. That's maybe you didn't catch the first, but I mentioned that was one of the first things I mentioned when I was talking about the UK thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the TV license. I said that.
Speaker 2: They also make people who want to buy knives online call in.
Speaker 1: To do an interview to be able to buy a knife, or they're proposing to do that. So they're interesting over there. Glad we got rid of them, all right. Let me move on to the other folks who were getting drilled and or getting patted on the back, depending on which senator was asking questions yesterday. Let's start with Tulsi Gabbard uh and uh. Here we go.
Speaker 9: You may hear lies and smears in this hearing that will challenge my loyalty to and my love for our country. Those who oppose my nomination imply that I am loyal to something or someone other than God, my own conscience, and the Constitution of the United States, accusing me of being Trump's puppet, Putin's puppet, Assad's puppet, a Guru's puppet, Mody's puppet, not recognizing the absurdity of simultaneously being the puppet of five different puppet masters. The same tactic was used against President Trump and failed. The American people elected President Trump with a decisive victory and mandate for change. The fact is what truly unsettles my political opponents is I refuse to be their puppet.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, so that's part of our opening statement. Here's the thing with Tulsi I. And there's some meetings and all that stuff, and if you watch it you probably but the biggest thing with Gab that I never understood is all right, so they were mad at her because she flopped switch parties and then you remember she ended up on the no fly list, which we'll get into that here, and the domestic tech you know, the domestic terrorst no fly list, and when it was pointed out and because that's so weird, how did that happen? You know, the Democrats are like, wow, obviously it's an error, but see how easy it is to fix the air. And then fast forward to recently, even before the hearing, they're like, we I don't know that I could vote for somebody who was ever on the watch list. And it's like, wait, you said it was an air even though a lot of us don't think it was an air. We think it was intentional, not earned, but intentional, And now you're gonna use it to attack or that's one of the slimiest things I've ever heard.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: We got a little more audio, but I want to play the whole thing, and it's a minute and a half, so you'll have to wait.
Speaker 1: You will have to wait. We will get to that, plus a little from the RFK thing. Busy day.
Speaker 2: Had to make decisions yesterday. And reminder, Pete Callander will be with us coming up at eight oh five to digest as much of this as we can. We'll chat with him. Always enjoy that this but a newcomer just I don't know what twenty four hours ago to Twitter and already boasting twenty seven point six thousand followers. Tanya Harding, who posted a video. Hi everyone, I finally figured out how to make an account. I'm very excited to reconnect with you all. If anyone remembers me, well, they remembered her Ross. Did you notice they remembered her? Because I know you read the comments as well.
Speaker 3: I did, and there was several knee puns, a.
Speaker 2: Lot of n puns, a lot of that time you did porn on your wedding night and then put it on the internet.
Speaker 1: Some folks pointed that out. You said you didn't know about that.
Speaker 3: I did not know until I read about it in the comments. Okay, I know she didn't age well either. She has an age well and I think it.
Speaker 1: Was she had she had some addiction.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it had to do with the porn and the and the drugs and the alcohol.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, are you a doctor, I'm not. Okay, Well, don't ruin somebody's weekend unless you have a peer reviewed study. So yeah, now, did you verify that she done that video? Or did you just take for granted what some randos said in a Twitter thread.
Speaker 3: I just always take the advice of rando's on Twitter. It's like, all right, it has to be factual. So you checked on Kyle's computer, okay? Or Kyle h so cold right now? I don't want to get fired.
Speaker 1: So she so she posts that.
Speaker 2: She's only posted three tweets, and then her latest post, which happened seventeen hours ago, said I'm absolutely blown away by the amount of love and support of received since I've joined ex Love.
Speaker 1: You say, it's clearly sarcastic.
Speaker 2: But in the middle of those two tweets, and this is what I don't understand. So yeah, you got absolutely bodied how did you think that wasn't gonna happen?
Speaker 1: Everyone remembers you remember Nancy Carrigan crying. I'll never forget the name Jeff Galiley. Dude.
Speaker 2: If you're like, hey, we need a guy to whack somebody with a pipe and his last name is Galuley, I'm like, hire that man.
Speaker 1: And I know that's unfair, no, but it's true though.
Speaker 3: If he shows up for the addition, you're like, what's your name is? Like, Jeff GALILEI like, yeah, you got the gig.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you just tell everyone else that we're good.
Speaker 2: So in the middle, she posts about the plane crash and as as we mentioned yesterday, and it's been since confirmed that you have at least fourteen skaters themselves, and then you have a collection of family and coaches that were on that flight. I mean, and these are top level, Olympic hopeful level. In some cases, some of them are very young. Two of the skaters I think we're fourteen and eleven. They were sisters, both parents were on there. I mean, it's really crazy, sad stuff, but it is going to have an outsized impact, not just on you know what I talked about with the North Charlotte based flight crew there, so you got the North Carolina tie in, even though the flight was from you know, Kansas to DC. Within the figure skating community. And so when she posted that, people just engage with her mostly normally one because it's a serious topic, but two she was Look, she went to the Olympics twice, so anyway, maybe lean into that and not and you know, try to do fun stuff. Do that, and then I think the trolls will go away if I could give you some advice, because uh, I was. I always forgot how country she is too. It was just really weird because every you know, every microphone you stek it from a figure skater, they sound like they went to Wellesley or are Russian. So we we got that there, all right. Let me let me flip back over to.
Speaker 1: This a little more Tulsi audio.
Speaker 2: All right, So I mentioned the thing that, like the really crazy but not altogether unpredictable inn DC thing is Tulsi. We hate you. You're excommunicated, you switched. Now you're on the terror list. Whoopsie, oh no, that's a mistake.
Speaker 1: But don't worry. We're really good at fixing those. It's nothing.
Speaker 2: And then months later, well, I can't vote for somebody was on the terror list. These are the clowns you're dealing with, Okay, And this was this was even before the hearing, with this annoyance. So let's see if they were able to avoid bringing this.
Speaker 9: American people elected Donald Trump as their president not once, but twice, and yet the FBI and intelligence agencies were politicized by his opponents to undermine his presidency and falsely portray him as a puppet of Putin.
Speaker 2: Now she's going to get in front of it. This is what I was talking about with Patel. Okay, I couldn't understand why Republicans are dragging him over the racism thing. Not dragging him, but extracting that. It's all about the setup in these opening statements, and so she knows what I just communicated to you is something that's probably going to come up, and she's not gonna let it lie.
Speaker 9: Title Ie Offiza was used illegally to obtain a warrant to spy on Trump campaign advisor Carter Page, using a Clinton campaign funded false dossier as their so called evidence. Biden campaign advisor Tony Blinken was the impetus for the fifty one former senior intelligence officials letter dismissing Hunter Biden's laptop as disinformation, specifically to help Biden win the election. Former d and I James Clapper lied to this committee in twenty thirteen denying the existence of programs that facilitated the mass collection of millions of Americans phone and Internet records, yet was never held accountable. Under John Brennan's leadership, the CIA abused its power to spy on Congress to dodge oversight, lied about doing it until he was caught, and yet has never been held responsible.
Speaker 1: Under Biden, the FBI.
Speaker 9: Abused its power for political reasons to try to surveil Catholics who attend traditional Latin mass labeling them as quote unquote radical traditionalist Catholics. Personally, just twenty four hours after I criticize Kamala Harris and her nomination, I was placed on a secret domestic terror watch list called Quiet Skies. Sadly, there are more examples. The bottom line is this, this must end.
Speaker 1: And that's how you do it.
Speaker 2: You go in there, and because they're going to try to make it a personal thing with her, they made that statement, she got in front of it. I didn't hear anyone make that same argument. Admittedly I didn't watch it in its entirety, but I saw most of it because I just kind of speed read through her. Most of the Democrats, I should say a lot of the Republicans. I'm not watching because I want to see how they're attacking her. So good opening statement, seems very concise. And other's people that still have problems with her. And I saw John it was a Hally or Cotton, one of the two was being interviewed yesterday, and they said that not all the Republicans are necessarily in line yet, So I don't know where we're going to be. I think Cornin indicated he'd vote for and he was one of the three they were concerned about three or four. So we'll see RFK Junior day two. Absolutely ready for Maggie Hassan or whatever her first name is. Let's hear this senator, I don't know, set herself up.
Speaker 1: Sometimes science is wrong.
Speaker 10: We make progress, we build on the work, and we've become more successful.
Speaker 1: And when you continue to so.
Speaker 10: Doubt about settled science, it makes it impossible for us to move forward.
Speaker 1: The settled science.
Speaker 2: By the way he as he pointed out to her is a peer reviewed study. What she did not realize, So what RFK was commenting on is he was commenting on a study that was peer reviewed published in all the same journals which she would use to inform herself. That just so happens to conflict with her understanding on this particular issue, which I suspect she has no understanding. The other really good moment, now that I just remember this is Bernie Sanders. At one point, RFK says, every person on this panel, on this committee has taken money from pharmaceutical companies.
Speaker 1: You've taken millions.
Speaker 2: In this exchange with Sanders, who is apps, he goes like stuttery, he's sputtering around.
Speaker 1: He's like, wow, that's not true. See I ran for presidency and I would and and and and RFK goes, yeah, and he gave you one point five million, Well but but yeah, and then he just moves on. Man. I honestly, I'm surprised Sanders walked into that, because clearly, if he's accuseding everyone, you have to assume that RFK had a little piece of paper that.
Speaker 2: He saw showing the amounts I've seen it. They publish it on Twitter, and then just said what was on the piece of paper, and for Sanders to not predict that that's how that was going to go. He's been there so long.
Speaker 1: I was actually surprised. So all right, let's do this. Let's get race stage again into the mix on this morning, Friday morning. What's going on, sir? Oh not much? How about you?
Speaker 2: It's Friday, Yeah, it's Friday. We got some piece of weather, so there's no easing to be complaining. But I just feel like it's been a long week, even though it's been a short week for Russel.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 11: Oh yeah, you had that thing happen, right, Yeah, yeah, yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: But yeah, it's like it's so we had stuff.
Speaker 11: Well, you know, sometimes I put my foot in my mouth because I never really know.
Speaker 1: It's like computers are ticking time bombs. Man.
Speaker 11: Yeah, there's also Ross. We never we never did talk about the Bills things that we did. Sorry, but what we're good?
Speaker 1: You guys hire a coach yet? Yeah we got this yeah, whatever, lateral move at best? Who did you? Lateral movement? Best?
Speaker 11: Shottheimer so off the OC and then we get the Bears defensive coordinator.
Speaker 1: Thanks. I really appreciate that. Now they did really good this year.
Speaker 11: Yeah, so I'm looking at I'm going seven and ten.
Speaker 1: That's good.
Speaker 11: That's my way too early cut of prediction.
Speaker 1: Now, look, here's the deal.
Speaker 2: You're trying to You know, you will never understand as Cowboys fan, what ross an ideal was. As Bills and Vikings fans. Okay, you you had your moment. You got it's not been in this millennium, but had your moment. You got to hoist it. You get to run around and beat your chat. That's all we want.
Speaker 1: But you want you You can't, You can't understand what we're going through.
Speaker 3: Bro, the Bills this season, it was supposed to be a rebuilding year.
Speaker 1: Oh here we go, you see, here they go. It was. He's correct.
Speaker 3: They were projected to come in last in the AFC East.
Speaker 1: I don't know how you could project last. What you've got Vikings. They're the Vikings third in the NFC North. Yeah.
Speaker 11: I think the Vikings were the biggest surprise for me that they were the biggest surprise of the NFL this year.
Speaker 1: The Vikings. Yeah, well, we're gonna have to play those last two. It would have been fine. So yeah, anyway, you.
Speaker 2: And your Super Bowl ring just give me my weather ring. See what I'm talking about. You see how exactly here you hear how he undercut himself and then immediately kicked it into a knock.
Speaker 1: It's just cowboys fan like that. I want to be able to do that. I want to be able to do that, all right.
Speaker 11: Anyway, Well someday, not Sunday, but some someday, someday maybe anyway, let's see, well you like this. The warmth that continues, a little bit of a cool downcoming for the weekend. It's still above average, might be a record territory today little bit seventies as it's warm.
Speaker 1: Front pushes north, a lot.
Speaker 11: Of clouds, but I think the showers are going to hold off until maybe tonight, as we've got rained north of us right now around Roanoke and Virginia Beach, but that's moving away and some to our west too, so I still think we've got a little bit to go, maybe later today in the triad further west, but I think after sunset for most of us, but it movester quick, we're done and by tomorrow when in the upper fifties, low sixties, mid upper fifties on Sunday Sunday to partly Sunday to begive February, and then next week's going to be stunning seventy or higher most days, the warmest being Thursday. Lots of sunshine. Now you may stay in the sixties, but it's mid upper sixties. Some of the try it into the mountains, but even there you could see some seventy degree temperatures.
Speaker 2: See, the goal is to have weather nice enough so if you host like a Super Bowl party, you can utilize the interior and exterior of your home so that it can be larger and more rambunctious.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, you have the only way people can get drunk and fall in.
Speaker 11: Yeah, the only way I could do that, right, The only way I could do that if it was a pool season.
Speaker 1: But I can't. But I'm hosting anyway, So come on down. Yeah, gonna be on the air Monday, No super Bowl Monday. No this Monday. Yes, well yes, obviously I'm talking about.
Speaker 11: Well, I take Monday off after the super Bowl because I have this Someday We're going to be back, not Sunday, but someday. But I was like, you know what, I'll just take the Monday off anyway. I host the party every.
Speaker 1: Year he's waving his rings.
Speaker 11: Us you just can't right again, Okay, two and three years remember that, I mean three and four years something like that.
Speaker 1: Okay, three in the early ninetiess so, okay.
Speaker 3: I think super Bowls before Nafta don't count.
Speaker 2: That's a good points. That's a good point there. The naft it's the NAFTA line. You know the Nasca lines.
Speaker 1: This is the NAFTA line. Yeah, all right, later both both built by the anion Aku by the way. Yeah, so saying you're ross with a good point, all right, seven forty eight hang on.
Speaker 2: So you know one of the things, uh so many of you came out to that Bourbon event really really thank you making the drive down to Beaufort hanging out. Much appreciate it. Obviously we've reacent a lot of bourbon themed events. That's fine. I like Bourbon, both the Try It and the Triangle. And you know, so beginning of the year, everyone we're having meetings. We're like, hey, what what can we get on the calendar for later in the year. We got some ideas and as those things come up, we'll let you know. And but we're sitting in a room with basically everybody and you know how, there's no bad ideas. One of this, one of the people that was in one of the meetings said, what about early May and we do a Sinco de Mayo party. I'm like, I don't, I don't know, I don't, I don't know that, and and we kind of moved from there. But I'm just like, I feel like that would not be well received. Here's the thing we as a as an audience, I'd like to think that we're able to delineate people here legally or illegally. And when I lived when I lived in Colorado for a little while after school, my next door neighbors were a huge Mexican family and legally there, I might add, and they used to they would invite me to all their parties and like if a three year old had a birthday, there was as much booze as there is at a sinko demo. And they're not a party man, So like able to delineate's fine. I just think that would send the moonbats into a tizzy.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: That's why I almost now want to do it, just to make Blue Sky mad. Still having gone over there, maybe some of you have, Hey, check this out. It's about damn time on this. You know how we see these stories where a woman accuses a man of rape and then it gets all up in the news. Sid remember the mattress chick up a Columbia. Oh, there's a lot of crazy as a Colombia well up. In Pennsylvania, a twenty year old woman accused a man of kidnap and rape. Police obviously took him into cussy arrest of a forty one year old man. She said he attacked her from behind outside a supermarket, pulled her pants down, smacked her, tried to force her, you take her against her will, just really really awful stuff. She had a bruise on her face. She claimed he did it. He didn't do it. He did none of those things, which begs the question did she punch herself? Angela Uumova is now facing significant jail time up to I believe seventeen years. And the reason she accused him he was giving her the IX by looking at her.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 2: As I've said, I think for about six weeks and a basically since election Day. What a week man to help us digest? Pete Calender, a radio buddy to the South Middays w b T Pete, how are you doing this morning?
Speaker 4: I'm doing okay. How are you today? Uh?
Speaker 2: You know, I don't know how you feel about the week you got the confirmation hearings.
Speaker 1: Those are insane.
Speaker 2: You've got you know, Trump week two right where he's like, what about Guantanamo?
Speaker 1: How many people fit there? And then of course you have this tragedy up in DC, and I fly.
Speaker 2: I fly American a lot, and I've been on a lot of those seven hundreds, those little jets, little regionals there, and my first thought, honestly was almost every time I'm on, that's that subcontractor from American. It's a Charlotte based crew. And sadly it looks like I was correct. So you have the crew. One of the passengers identified is a mother from Charlotte. And obviously we don't even know half the you know, more than half of the folks there. So I have seen everything from you know, the standard political Trump did it with his cuts because apparently air traffic controllers work from home, right, or the previous administration did it because they hired a little person, and.
Speaker 1: I'm just like, can we stop?
Speaker 2: And then and then online of course, all the conspiracies and I understand you got a military craft.
Speaker 1: It's in the nation's capital.
Speaker 2: I saw people yesterday saying Putin did it because it was filled with figure skaters to improve Russia's odds at the Winter Olympics. So I know we're all the media now, but some of us need to take a deep breath. So go ahead, give me the PEAT calendar. Take well your thoughts.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, there's yeah, a lot of well, there are a lot of different angles to this story. I mean, obviously it's just heartbreaking and it's incredibly sad, and you know, you have to kind of balance that against them when talking about the method of travel. It is the safest means of transportation, right, people are more likely to die in the car accidents.
Speaker 2: And million flights in the US since two thousand and nine, which was our last major air disaster.
Speaker 4: Two So yeah, and if you ever see a map of the amount of aircraft aloft at any given moment, it is mind boggling. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, and so but it's but it's one of these things where these types of disasters capture so much attention because they are so massive and horrific and so many people are killed all at once and so it obviously it you know, it focuses people attention. And I think your point about you know, we're all journalists, now, I agree, And the problem there is that and I know people who like to make fun of the journalism field. And look, I have made a pretty good career doing it myself and then making fun of it myself, right, So.
Speaker 1: I've been on both sides.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's Arlene. But but there are actually some uh, some guidelines. You know, there are some I don't want to say rules, because you know, you break the rules and it's not like there's any real punishment for it all the time, especially the higher up and the ranks and the markets you move. Seems like the more egregious errors get rewarded. But there were things that we were taught. You know, you don't say people somebody is dead when they're not dead. That was like a really big one. Don't say somebody died if they haven't died. And so you're supposed to be, you know, sort of thinking about the impacts of your reporting after the fact, as you are doing the writing of the report before it ever sees the light of day. And there's a reason for that, and that is lost on people who just they are into the drama porn, and there are a lot of people that are in media that are susceptible and engage in this too. Don't get me wrong, right, They race to tell you something and they don't really care if it's accurate as long as they're first to tell you, and they feel like that's the win, and it's not the win if it's wrong, it's a major loss. And so yeah, these conspiracy theories or these the wild speculation are trying to tie to all different things. And my view on all of this stuff always in the wake of a disaster is give it twenty four hours, give it forty eight hours, wait for more information to come out because the initial information is usually not correct and they are finding out more and more stuff, and then we will be able to make informed opinions about what actually occurred. But you have to get people time to you know, respond to the scene, try to find survivors, try to pull the uh, you know, the bodies out of the water, and you know, give them some time and there'll be time in you know, a couple of days for all of the theories. But I don't I've never understood the the need to rush in and quote explain what happened when you don't know what happened, Like it's that's always.
Speaker 2: Been guess sure, I'm with you, and I'm glad we're having this conversation because I I wrote a tweet the other day like, right, if this happened.
Speaker 1: I love Twitter as a breaking news tool.
Speaker 2: You gotta know how, you gotta know how to you gotta That's why you stack your follows properly. And there's a there's a bunch of different ways you can really tweak it with lists and things. But the problem was, and I don't know, maybe it's the monetization of Twitter. If you write if all of your Twitter posts are about uh, pokemon, muck bang, right, you know whatever, laid beauty tips. Everyone who's trying to monetize decided to just steal content or video.
Speaker 1: I don't say steal is the wrong word.
Speaker 2: They're probably legally sharing it, but a lot of them just cut and pay stuff that other counts diant because they felt they needed to be in the reporting business. And it was I was getting so irritated because I'm trying to filter through all of that, and now all these accounts who previously had not been monetized and would just post beauty stuff are aircraft air crash.
Speaker 1: Analysis and it's just wild.
Speaker 2: And but I also understand I'm not going to tell you no, but you're clowning yourself.
Speaker 4: And so I think the real buried headline on that is that you're following a bunch of beauty tip.
Speaker 1: No I'm not, I'm not.
Speaker 2: But what happened is is I'm going over to the for you because I've posted.
Speaker 1: And I've tags. Now, how's the deal.
Speaker 2: I've used hashtags and they've used hashtags, and that's enough to get the algorithm.
Speaker 1: To let me know what a twitch a girl who plays.
Speaker 2: Video games online thinks about the air thing who lives in normal, I don't care.
Speaker 4: No, I think I think the you put your finger on it, which is the monetization model that Twitter has adopted within what I guess it was in with the last year or two. And so you know, when once people get hooked on a revenue stream, they become very cognizant and sensitive to anything that jeopardizes that revenue stream. And so if you're look I looked at this when it first started, and I looked at the monetization program and I don't qualify. I don't I don't have enough engagement to get into their program, and which is fine. I was curious, like, oh, this is an additional revenue stream, that's fine. But if that's your primary means and you have to be a big time and you have a lot of engagement, uh, in order to get that any kind of money.
Speaker 2: Just want to be clear, most of those counts are not authoratized, but they're clearly chasing it.
Speaker 4: Right, correct, correct, Right, It's you know, look at where the incentives are aligned. And this is one of the things I talk about this in all sorts of contexts, all sorts of stories, right is where are your you know, what is the incentive structure? What are your incentives for behaving the way you're behaving? And if you can identify incentives that are at play in a particular story or incident or person or a policy, then you then you have a better understanding of why people are behaving the way they're behaving. And I think that the monetization thing is a very big part of it. I think there's uh, there is this uh this I call it drama junkie where people just feel the need to swoop in and be like, oh, I can't believe, like Eric Swallwell, that moron, and he's like, oh, I was just on you know, I was just on a plane in DC. Like dude, I don't care, that doesn't matter to me. Like you were on a plane. Guess what. I took a plane too at one point. Oh my gosh, I was in Washington at some point. This is not about you. They call it was a main character syndrome, where you view everything around the world, but you view it as if you're the main character in that story and you're not. So, you know, it's one thing to say how could this happen, listen to people with expertise in the matter, and then say this could be this could be the explanation. But people don't need to rush in and say this is why, this is why, which then, of course brings us to the Donald Trump press conference, where people like I can't believe he did that, and I'm like, well, that's Donald Trump. You guys knew what he was for the last eight years. I'm not sure why this is a surprise. But that being said, he's responding to the accusations that the left and the media. But I repeat myself, immediately launched before they had even pulled the bodies out of the Potomac. And they are attacking Trump for some hiring freeze, or they're saying he had something to do with what he did at home.
Speaker 2: From home was the ABC news in which he was asking about And I'm sorry, Pete, have you ever heard of an air traffic controller who works from home?
Speaker 4: No, because people who work from home have far better computers than what the FAA air Traffic Control System air.
Speaker 1: That's fair. Yeah, Now look, New York Post.
Speaker 2: New York Post is saying that there might have been somebody who was essentially handling traffic both for incoming flights and helicopters. Right, but that is that is based on And I want to be clear because I can already see people.
Speaker 1: Pete and I are not doing well. Maybe Pete is. I can't speak for him.
Speaker 2: But I'll let you answer. Hang on, buddy, we're not doing the media leade thing. Hey, we got a gig already. I'm just telling you that if you want to be more credible and I and yes, I would never deny that people who dig into what seemed like conspiracy theories haven't really really been hitting some nails on the head with your COVID and all this stuff.
Speaker 1: But don't clown yourself. I'll give you an example.
Speaker 2: I saw somebody who thought that they were removing bodies because they had been it was a hit job, okay. And he always said that was because of the press conference. They said twenty seven bodies were recovered, but another guy said that thirty. And immediately they're like, those are the three people that was the hit, you know, And we had to get them out of there, just insanity. And the reason was and it took me just a moment to figure out that the a non rescue person was in a meeting and said thirty. In the case the American Airlines Sky however, twenty seven is the official number because there are standards that require the body to be in the possession of the medical examiner and not just on the riverbank to be counted as recovered.
Speaker 1: Okay. And that little thing spawned that whole thing.
Speaker 2: And what I'm telling you is, if you want to dig into this, understand that the way that government works a lot of times seems conspiratorial, even when it's not, just because it's bureaucracy and right.
Speaker 4: Well, and also in the aftermath of a disaster, everybody is shocked and they're like, oh, well, you know, go get the bodies and count the bodies. And one of the things I learned, in fact, the first commercial aircraft disaster after nine to eleven was here in Charlotte. A commuter jet took off and was loaded with you know, baggage on you know, too heavy on one side, if I recalling it, it veered off into the pilot over corrected and it crashed and I went I was I was a pool reporter, and I went to that scene. I was among the wreckage and I asked the NTSB, well, where's all the rest of it? And they're like, this is this is all of it? And I said, there's like nothing here though, and he says it all burns. And people don't understand that, like they may not be able to recover all the bodies because jet fuel burns everything.
Speaker 2: And and somebodies are I think, and it's not confirmed. I think they found one literally miles downstream.
Speaker 1: That would not surprise me either. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they landed in water. That water has currents. Bodies get taken away. It's not deep water, but the bodies can be taken away, and like, these are the things. And so when people rush out to be able to like you know, virtue signal or you know, violent signal or like oh oh my gosh, I'm so you know, broken up over this and here's a theory. I know what really happened, this could be it and all that. You know, I always try to think, what if your family member died in this wreck. You don't know what happened, and this is what you're reading about your family member, that they were somehow killed because of some hit job. You know, like, just stop and think for a moment. Try to do no harm, you know, try to minimize harm. I'm not saying don't take an interest. I'm not saying don't explore, don't read. But like, I guess what I bristle at is people racing in and pretending to know things when they don't actually know. They're making guesses just like everybody else.
Speaker 2: Yeah you know this is yeah, I don't know, no, no, And again, because I don't want to come off as smug, what what What I'm literally arguing is if people want to do this stuff, they should adopt the good practices of journalism that the mainstream has has excommunicated themselves in some cases from Jim Acosta said, Jim, I'm I'm gonna get it in.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna get it in a couple minutes.
Speaker 2: So Jim Acosta, who if you you remember right after that meeting where Trump was talking about how his boys are going to run his company, when he first labeled a Costa fake news, before he was really fake news in the Yellow Room, he was just fake news. And of course he became the story that day. And I remember him doing interviews with everybody because his other journalist, Pearl clutching, can you believe he's doing this to us? And Acosta said, look, we're human. We're going to be a little partisan one way or the other. And I remember laughing out loud. Only little the dude started his own network and his logo is the China Book of Mao, red power fist holding a pencil. So he's either John Wick or a straight commie. That's May day teachers down at the Capitol protesting on COMMI high, holy visuals, what are we doing?
Speaker 4: Yeah? This is like this was when remember the NCAE, the North Carolina Association of educator when they did their little they did some sort.
Speaker 2: Of it was a May Day protest at the capitol. I mocked, and I had so many teachers who hated this because they didn't they don't agree with it, and they're just like, we're all getting painted.
Speaker 4: With this right and they use the they when you use the imagery of Marxists, do not be surprised when people think you are Marxist. There is no way that that the meaning of that fist somehow escaped Jim Acosta, who oh, by the way, used black and red. Uh, sort of like hearkening back to Joe Biden's speech at Philadelphia, Like it has all of that, all of that imagery.
Speaker 1: So don't tell me that in the media. He understands imagery, he understands branding. Now, if he.
Speaker 2: Shows up to episode two today with a chae Gavera hat, I will give him credit for an patrol.
Speaker 1: I don't think that's it. We'll find out, Pete.
Speaker 2: We'll talk next week, okay, sir, Right, all right, there you go. So we're on chaga Era hat. Watch here on the CaCO Day radio program. We'll see how that pans out with the new Jim Acosta show.
Speaker 1: All right, we'll be back.
Speaker 2: Hang on, Because on one hand, I love it and I'll explain the reason why I love it.
Speaker 1: But on the other hand, it's still a salty So there's that, all right.
Speaker 2: How many of you play video games and have played in a online setting, so you're interacting with people could be your friends, but you know, I'm talking when you don't know who's on the other end.
Speaker 1: It's just a voice.
Speaker 2: Usually they have some stuff they want to mention about your mother and trash is talking. I don't get into video games as much as probably a lot of you, but the ones that I do, I don't know that I've ever played in an online setting.
Speaker 1: I don't, and the Oblo is the one I would have played more.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I've ever been online with the Oblo. Not online, but you know, connected to the servers. They're playing against people that's just not.
Speaker 1: My Jay Ross, You're not a you don't do that either.
Speaker 3: No, I can't stand it.
Speaker 1: I hate it.
Speaker 3: I've had people asking me, They're like, hey, let's play multiplayer, and I'm like, yeah, pass, Nope, not gonna do it, and like you could be like an amazing person. I don't want to do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then if you if you go into the wasteland of strangers, it's well you better have a strong stuff.
Speaker 3: It used to be like really bad, like the old Call of Duty lobbies back in the day, because I used to try that a little bit, and there was recently I saw a video it was like a side by side of it, like a new lobby and an older lobby like Modern Warfare two and you had like these younger players gen Z listening to like what used to happen in these old Call of Duty lobbies where it was like it was the wild West, right.
Speaker 1: You got a fifteen year old Chinese kid is lobb and f bombs at.
Speaker 3: You, dropping like every version like the first F word and the second F word and the R world everything at each other. And nowadays if you do that, you're gonna get banned. They police this stuff pretty pretty well these days.
Speaker 2: But that doesn't mean that you won't get irritated by somebody or somebody's gonna talk some trash and and uh, off you go. Do you know who you're trash talking? That is the anonymity of the Internet, except it's not as anonymous, not if you've mentioned stuff, and you know, people can start to piece it together. And there's a Bill ber bit and he talks about the what was it the malice at the Palace. I believe it's what they called it, that Indiana Pacers game where.
Speaker 1: It right, yeah, what was it called? Yeah?
Speaker 3: At the Palace?
Speaker 1: Run I pa that right? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, So where you had you know, you had a beer thrown and then you got on our tests and others that have got into the stands and then they attacked the dude that didn't throw the beer, and the whole thing was a mess. But Bill bird as this whole bit. He goes, you know this is you know, these are fans that will sit in the stands and they'll scream down at the player, you suck.
Speaker 1: You know, some three hundred pound.
Speaker 2: Guys done nothing in his life except train how to murder people on a football field, and you're screaming, you suck, You're a wuss, You're horrible, and uh, knowing that they'll never come up, and then Bill's line as well, they came up, right, So here we go North Carolina connection. California based UFC fighter Brian or Taga traveled to North Carolina to cash in on a bed against an online Fortnite player who wouldn't stop talking trash to him at you like her, this is going already, I do, according to our tegau. So so here's how it go. It wasn't just straight. He had to figure out who.
Speaker 1: Was it was he played.
Speaker 2: The guy got annoying, but he kind of knew who he was, so he made a bet with him. And I don't know that he disclosed who he was. He I think he said he was into UFC or something, and he made a bet and then they played and Ortega won and or for Tega one he got to come put the dude to sleep, and he looks exactly like a guy who would talk trash to somebody through uh, through a cable and not in person.
Speaker 1: By the way, the saying here.
Speaker 3: So was this planned or did it? Was this sort of it?
Speaker 2: So it's this is what I'm picking up because at first I'm like, just got to be a stunt, but it doesn't look like a stunt.
Speaker 1: Here's here's what it is.
Speaker 2: Or Tega's playing and he's playing, and I don't know how they break it up on Fortnite, if how teams or regions or I know nothing about Fortnite other than it's local. And I think he was playing in this group and the guy was the guy was talking trash to him, and he's talking trash and he's like, I want you put your money where your mouth is. Bro, Watch you put your money where your mouth is. I can't some of these quotes. A lot of only problem is you guys are talking mad trash. Now you know what I had it on?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right.
Speaker 2: So he's talking smack and then so Ortega's like, well, why don't we play? I don't know what Ortega offered him, but he says, look, if you want to talk trash and you lose, I will fly there and choke you out. And the guy's like, all right, let's go, and then he beat him.
Speaker 1: So so Ortega got.
Speaker 2: On a plane in California flew to North Carolina and there is video and that it legitimately he's legitimately choking him out, or at least the timings write everything. This dude in a Grandma sweater with some acne and it's just just marvelous.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: Can you imagine if you're like, let's say, all right, so this is here's an NFL listen to me. Here's here's an event for you. All right, You throughout the course of the game, first half of the game, you find the drunkest, most obnoxious, screamy fans, right, get a little pool, and then you select one you bring down the field and I don't know, they got to take a block from a player or something. Because this is the great reckoning that the internet has lost us, the stuff that people will say to people on the internet versus you know, everybody's made this point because it's true. There's very few people that would say what they'll say on the internet to your face, which is why you have so many accounts that yeah, you don't know who that person is, uh, fake picture, fake whatever.
Speaker 1: And then they just they just revel in it. So hey, I'll give credit to the dude. He let himself get choked out.
Speaker 3: It would have been better though, if it was just sort of like spontaneous and not played, if it was oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I was hoping for that when I clicked the headline.
Speaker 2: Initially like the guy he's like, uh, candy gram right.
Speaker 3: Because you hear about people swatting, which is awful because it's a waste of government resources. And terrifying.
Speaker 1: You're not doing it yourself.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're not doing it yourself. You're having somebody else do the work for you. But I say, you're playing like you know, you're playing Madden or something, and the kid from Germany is talking smack to you lose or whatever, and you suck, and then all of a sudden you get to knock on the door and the josh, it's like Von Miller standing at the other side of the door. You're like, oh my god, injured Von Miller or healthy von doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: No, it wouldn't would Nope, you don't want to see von Miller unless you want to see Von Miller.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, dude, that's a whole great reality show. We'll probably get sued. We'll only go for obnoxious fans in non extradition countries where we can bribe the judges.
Speaker 3: Right, listen, I don't want anyone to get hurt. Like I said, I don't want there to be a crime.
Speaker 1: You don't go to people's houses, by the way, right, let's not.
Speaker 3: But but I'm saying I would respect it the hustle to, you know, and you would probably stop talking smack to people. You might shut up a little bit and respect other people.
Speaker 1: You learn a valuable lesson.
Speaker 2: It's the redemption arc man, right, And all it required is a UFC fighter to hit you in the face once or in this case, choke you out until you pass out, and the dude literally he kind of like re emerges from him. I watched the video and then he makes a peace sign at the camera, so I don't know if that's him many.
Speaker 1: And he's wrong, but I don't know.
Speaker 2: Maybe, Hey, and if the people do start doing that and you really want to meet your favorite fighter and you're willing to get the crap kicked out of either's that. Do it for your kid's birthday? Talk trash. Get him to come over right before the guy is about to lay you up. Hey, it's my kid's birthday. He might still punch you, but maybe you'll, you know, sign autographs for the kids. Then you're the winner because you tricked him into being there. All right, raced agic is he there yet? He's probably on board for a new plan, so a you what's that fighter? A UFC fighter is online, is playing Fortnite, and some dudes run in his mouth, as they do in the online gaming community, which can get really nasty, and Ortega's finally like, listen, bro, you want to talk trash, Let's play around.
Speaker 1: If I win.
Speaker 2: I can't remember what he promised the dude, but he said, if I win, I will fly to your house and choke you out. I'm a UFC fighter. And the guy's like, all right, whatever, let's do it. He lost, and the dude flew from California or Tega to North Carolina. And the dude stood there while to Ortega choked him's unconscious and I'm just like, you know what, you know how people are on the internet or not like they are in person.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love the ID.
Speaker 2: I'd love an NFL game where once a game they picked the obnoxious drunk guys screaming at the three hundred pound guy telling him.
Speaker 1: He sucks to have to fight him. I would, I mean, do you want ratings? Listen to the NFL?
Speaker 11: Yeah, what did blood pits is what we used to call him in Like, if you want to challenge somebody, you do blood pits with him, go head to head and then on the whistle you you turn around and you run into each other. That's what they should probably do.
Speaker 1: Blood pits full of drunk five two.
Speaker 2: Uh, you know, short king out of the out of the stands and won't shut up, and and you know, let them have the car seat standing there, and then that dude, and you know what, I'll root for a cowboy at that point by one exception.
Speaker 1: All right, what's going out? Yeah, before we get ourselves.
Speaker 11: In, Well, we already hit it out all week on the warmth was here this week, had a couple of days in the seventies today, probably back to the low to mid seventies with a gusty wind, maybe thirty.
Speaker 1: Plus miles prior.
Speaker 11: The Weather Service actually did put a statement out about it, so they said wins could us thirty plus, maybe to forty in some spot. So kind of a windy day before the showers come in, and believe or not, maybe be a rumble of thunder tonight, but it moves through pretty quickly with the front and back behind that front. Will be in the upper fifties, low sixties tomorrow, in the fifties on Sunday, but beautiful first couple of days of February, so it should be a pretty good shape. But next week I just got to kind of pause and sit back and say, absolutely beautiful. Most of us on either side of seventy Monday and Tuesday with sunshine sixties. Wednesday, Thursday could be the warmest day of this run, low to mid seventies. We'll see about records. I mean, some of the records are closer to eighty degrees for next week. But either way, it's going to be a gorgeous week. Much in the nation enjoying warmer weather this week and next week, as February is going to come in with some pretty warm temperatures. A six to ten day oulook case is above average. We're going to be in that. Just a little rain probably tonight for a few hours.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 11: Enjoy it for February early February standards, it's actually real dark.
Speaker 1: Nice.
Speaker 2: Okay, we'll get you taking credit for that, all right. Thank you, appreciate it. Every good weekend and we'll come back with you, Jeff Fellinger next.
Speaker 12: Well, good morning, and happy Friday, KC. We earned and spent more money last month. The government just reported to American's personal incomes and released four tenths percent in December, but we didn't bank the money. Consumer spending was up seven tenths percent. Couple of other indicators are part of the Income and Spending Report. Last year's increase in labor costs was the smallest since twenty twenty one, and the inflation gauge favored by the Federal Reserve rose two point eight percent in twenty twenty four, right in line with forecasts. Apple's iPhone sales declined in the most recent quarter, but the company issued an upbeat forecast for the current quarter, and its shares moved higher, and after hours trading they're up about four percent in pre market trading this morning. In fact, that the futures are higher right across the board this morning, as Wall Street prepares for the last session of the week and the month. The a now futures are up one hundred and fifteen points. The guacamole at your Super Bowl party could be more expensive this year. President Trump plans to impose twenty five percent tariffs on Mexican imports starting tomorrow. Avocados are just one of the things we'll have to pay more for if the tear raffs go into effect. Avocado prices are already fourteen percent.
Speaker 1: Higher than they were last year.
Speaker 12: The latest financial security monitor from Primerica found the lingering impact of inflation is still shaping how middle income Americans manage their finances. Some of the people who were surveyed indicated they were cautiously optimistic things will get better, but many said their incomes not keeping pace with rising prices. For the first time in more than twenty years, the Food and Drug Administration has approved a new type of non opioid painkiller. It's from Vertex Pharmaceuticals, a Boston company. It's called Jornovacs. The FAFTYA says it's indicated to treat moderate to severe acute pain in adults. And subscribers to Amazon dot COM's unlimited streaming music plans will be coughing up an extra dollar a month, and that starts in March.
Speaker 2: Casey, okay, thank you much. Have a good weekend and we'll chat with you Monday.
Speaker 12: Sir, you have a good weekend as well.
Speaker 1: Talk to you then. All right, there you go.
Speaker 2: Jeff Bellinger, Bloomberg News. All right, so I've irritated somebody.
Speaker 1: You have this.
Speaker 2: I know sometimes you think I just say things and I'm embellishing or making up what somebody said. And if I'm trying to be funny, I might do that. But so I referenced that I didn't think it was helpful for either political party to I know, I know, but I don't think it's helpful for the Democrats to say, well, Trump's president, he dis murdered all those people. And I also don't think it's helpful for people to run around and say it absolutely is a DEI issue. You know nothing about the controller there, and I mentioned the little persons. I didn't make that up. I'm gonna play you a piece of audio and that I'm gonna read you a transcript. This is you had the president obviously who mentioned this yesterday. Wait, hold on, let me write, I said, I was going to read the email.
Speaker 1: Here we go.
Speaker 2: Nobody said a little person was hired as an air traffic controller.
Speaker 1: I said, FAA.
Speaker 2: But anyway, it's simple that a It's simply that a person undeserving of a position. You don't have to lecture me, sir on what DEI is. I know full well, I've spent years talking about it.
Speaker 1: Here. The fact remains that and you.
Speaker 2: Can't just accuse the air traffic controller of being a DEI higher. But you can still recognize that the FAA, and there's tons of documentation made a dramatic and conservative effort that actually goes back.
Speaker 1: To like twenty thirteen, and they would hold hiring fairs, so they're wrapped up in all of this.
Speaker 2: But you don't know anything about that. Controller That's the point that I'm making, so talk about it broader. Here is what Trump said, and again you don't even know if DEI contributed to it. But don't accuse me of caring about the DEI issues. Why would you trivialize I'm not. This goes back to you know, especially if if you if your goal is to take down DEI, then having a bulletproof example of it is helpful. You get out over your skis, and then the people who oppose you, rather than agguing arguing the facts are in the media will help them, are just going to roll with you the time they accuse them of this and that. Please, here's what Trump had to say on the on a You trying.
Speaker 4: To figure out how you can come to the conclusion right now that diversity has something to do.
Speaker 12: With this crash because they have common sense, okay, and unfortunately a lot of people don't.
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't.
Speaker 2: Here's the deal with Trump, I'm telling him the same thing and to some extent. I don't know that he believes it. It's more the wording from the reporter. Uh, he said, you believe that this the DEI.
Speaker 1: Had something to do with the crash.
Speaker 2: He shouldn't say that, but if he wants to talk about, well, we don't know. We know that the FAA fundamentally changed the way that they were recruiting and qualifying staff, so we're going to look into if it contributed.
Speaker 1: That's what you say,