Speaker 1: Caloroga Shark Media Clue.
Speaker 2: I'm Johnny Mack with your Daily Comedy News. I gotta tell you, I'm kind of annoyed with Wanda Sykes. She just made this comment that really annoyed me. Here's the comment.
Speaker 3: Hey, first, let's give it up for Nikki Glazer, right now, haw Come on, so and shout out to the Golden Globe for having me, because you know this, some people pissed off that a queen black woman is up here doing the job of two mediocre white guys.
Speaker 2: Now here's my question for Wanda Sykes. Who are the two mediocre white guys that you refer to? Is that a shot at the other presenters, because here's the list of the presenters. I didn't go back and fact checked it, but here's who they released before the Golden Globes aired. Your presenters, which could include two mediocre white guys, were Amanda Ceifred Annada, Armis Ayoade, every Charlie. Which are the two mediocre white guys so far? Is it Chris Pine, Colma Domingo, Connor, Story, Dakota Fanning, Dave Franco, Diane Lane, George Clooney, Hailey Steinfeld, Hudson Williams, Jason Bateman, Jennifer Gordner, Joe Keary, Judd Appatol, Julia Roberts, Justin Hartley, Catherine han Keegan, Michael Key, Kevin Bacon, Kevin Hart, Keira Sedgwick, Lalisa Mannibal, Luke Grimes, Mcauleay Culkin, Marland Wayans, Melissa McCarthy, Milaicunis, Miley Cyrus, Middie Driver, Orlando Bloom, Pamela Anderson, Pianca Choper, Jonas, Queen Latifa, Regina Hall, Sean Hayes, Snoop Dogg, Wanda Sykes, will Arnett, Zoe Kravitz. So, Wanda Sykes, I'm not sure who you think is mad. I was watching live and I went, oh, there's Wanda Sykes. That was the end of my thought process. I wasn't like, oh, my goodness, I can't believe Wanda Sykes is up there. There should be two mediocre white guys presenting, So I have no patience for her comment. So then I thought, is that a shot at who hosts the awards? Maybe she thinks mediocre white guy's host award shows. Well, clearly last night's host was not a mediocre white guy. It was Nicky Glazer, previous host Joe Coy, Jrod Carmichael, Tina Fe and Amy Poehler, Ricky Gervais. You have to go back to twenty nineteen. Are you mad about six years ago? Andy Samberg and Sandra O twenty seventeen, Seth Myers twenty sixteen, Jimmy Fallon twenty fifteen, Ricky Gervas before Ricky, Tina and Amy three times, Ricky three times. Maybe she meant the Academy Awards hosted in twenty twenty five by Conan O'Brien, He's not mediocre. He is a white guy, Jimmy Kimmel for two years. Maybe she doesn't like Jimmy Kimmel in twenty twenty two. Maybe she thought the hosts were terrible. I did. They were Amy Schumer, Regina Hall and Wanda Sykes before that trio Jimmy Kimmel and before that Chris Rock. Maybe she meant the Emmys. Maybe she meant twenty twenty five host at Nate Bergetzi, he was not good. Maybe she meant twenty twenty four's Eugene Levy and Dan Levy. Now there that that could be who she meant before with that pair, Anthony Anderson, Keenan Thompson, Cedric the Entertainer, Jimmy Kimmel, Nobody, Pandemic, Michael Chay and Colin Jost before that Colbert and Kimmel. Maybe she met the Grammys hosted the last five years, but Trevor Noah before that, Alicia Keys, two years of James Cordon and ll Coolja in twenty sixteen. So, Wanda, I'm not sure who you mean. By the way, Grammy's coming up. They have yet to announce Trevor Noah as the host. Now. They did the same thing last year. They were very slow to announce Trevor Noah, and I'd be surprised if he's not returning with that has not been announced yet. Then she took a shot at Bill Maher.
Speaker 3: I'm presenting the Award for Stand Up Comedy on Television, but first I want to give them some love. Bill Maher, you give us so much, but I will love a little less.
Speaker 2: She did have a funny comment about Kevin Hart and money. I agree with this.
Speaker 3: Kevin Harve w Is Kevin, Kevin, Kevin, you know I love you. And the thing is, Kevin is the richest guy in this category, and yet I know he wants it the most. You're a true American, Kevin.
Speaker 2: And then the shot at Ricky Gervas that I told you about in yesterday's episode.
Speaker 3: Ricky Gervas, I love you for not being here. No, I love you, Ricky Buck. But because if you win, I get to accept the ward on your behalf, and you're gonna thank God and the trans community, and the Golden Globe goes to uh Tayana.
Speaker 2: Can I borrow your speech, Ricky Gervais because.
Speaker 3: He would like to thank God.
Speaker 2: And the trans community. Ricky did not react to Wanda's comments on social media. He did tweet fing one period again period. Nikki Glazer generally well received as your host of the Golden Globes. I think it makes sense to bring her back next year. I think she was maybe a little too safe this year. Weird thing to say about Nicki Glazer, right, and you can see that the Hollywood crowd is starting to accept her as one of their own. Nicki might want to take a step back to the right and be a little leedgier next year, assuming she is back. Leading up to the Globe, she was profiled by Parade Magazine. They asked her to do celebrities generally handle their roast well? Nicki said, oh yeah, if you sign up for a roast, you know what you're getting into. And even if they haven't, I haven't had any backlash from any of them. But you know, I always thought if they get upset about some of these jokes, that's their fault because there is a precedent. After the Tom Brady roast, she said she spiraled because I worried that I had to deliver that kind of performance every time, like the bar was too high. And then even after the Globes last year, John Stewart tweeted something like, Nicki Glazer is very good at this Tina I fa and Amy Poehler wrote me too. Those messages really resonated with me, and I guess I had to believe them. Good answer here. They were curious if she's still in competition with other comedians, especially female comedians. Her answer, yes, I never thought I was a competitive person. I never really did sports. I just didn't really care about board games, but you know, I like winning things. As far as female competition, I hate to say it, but it is true. Like people always say, there's enough space for all of us. But the industry is built so there's one leading woman per movie. If you look at comedy shows around la there's one or two women and eight guys. So to say I'm always in competition with everyone and not just women would be false. It's just math. But I don't want to hold women back by any means. But I do have jealousy sometimes, and do I feel competitive against other women. You can't not wow, Adam Sandler. He was robbed. He should have won Best Supporting Actor or something like that. We got a reward, Adam Sandler for doing good drama. Adam did over the weekend receive the Career Achievement Award at the AARPS Movies for Grown Up Awards. Adam Sandler, being that it was the AARP's got real about getting old, Sandler said, a lot of people said to me, Sandman, getting a double ARP award means that you're old. Now, it's what I say. It's not because of this award. I've got ten other reasons that you know I'm old, he said. The font on my phone is so big that my text can be read by anybody with a window seat on a Delta flight. I feel you, My wife was asking me to read something. I'm like, I can't read this font anymore. It's so bad, Sandler said when I received the Academy Awards screeners. Even though he pressed play on forty four different movies, I can only stay awake for combined total of eight minutes. For all of you who are getting all the accolades, I must say, I love the first thirty seconds for your work. Sounds like me. Sandlor and I could be friends. We have a lot in common. Right now, I'm wearing sweatpants and a sweatshirt. We could go clothes shopping together and watch sports. Sandler said. I promised to everyone here tonight I will make at least fifty more movies before I'm dead, and at least twenty five of them will be good. So it sounds like he's planning on making twenty five more dramatic films Hanka's Area, stop by Neil Brennan's show. He did Trump quotes as voiced by Simpson's characters. I've slightly edited this for pacing, and there's what's called peak distortion in the audio. That means the audio source was a little too hot into the recorder. Hot means loud, so you're gonna hear some fuzzy audio here at points, but here's Hanka's area and Neil bri and Inns Blocks podcast.
Speaker 1: We're going to get the drug prices down, not thirty percent, not forty percent, which would be great, not fifty percent of sixty percent of that. We're going to get them down a thousand percent, six hundred percent, five hundred percent, fifteen hundred percent, numbers that are not even thought to be achievable. This is pretty satisfying, Ah Professor Frank, my personal favorite, nuclear is so powerful. My uncle explained that to me many many years ago. The power that was that was thirty five years ago. Kirk van Howden, I know a lot about grass because I own a lot of golf courses, and if you don't have good grass, ye're not in business very long.
Speaker 2: Radar Online saying Lorne Michaels is getting close to being pushed aside and a power struggles exploding a thirty rock. A source tells Radar Online, which tends to be a little gossip. B doesn't mean they're wrong, but they tend to be gossip. By Tina fay Is, the front runners to succeed lorn, but a lot of key players can't stand her and are going to raise hell if she's hired to do the job. And I wonder who those key players are, because cast wise, I'm not sure there's anyone right now that if they left, you'd be like, oh, that's a major loss. I mean, there's Josein Chay, but they've been at the desk a long time and we're closer to the end of the beginning there unless they pull a Keenan and just host week an update for thirty years. But there's no Bowen Yang right now. Bowen's already out the door. So I'm not sure who you would be sad about losing, unless there's some assistant producer or a head writer that I'm not familiar with, and maybe that's who they meet. By key players, the source claims insecure men on the cast and in the writer's room just wouldn't feel as comfortable reporting to Tina Fey, who's fifty five, as they are reporting to Lorne Michaels. Michael Chay says Lauren is irreplaceable. He wasn't speaking about Tina here, but he said, I don't know. I don't know how you do that job and not be Lauren. It'd be strange to me. It's like imagine being the stepfather of a fifty year old. The source says, people like Seth Myers and Colin Joseph been mentioned. Seth's talk show has made the same building as SNL and there's a lot of creative overlap with writers, directors, and crew. Meanwhile, Colin is closing in on twenty years with SNL. He's given the series the best years of his life and there should be some reward for that. The source warned. Any transition isn't going to happen without conflict. SNL is in turmoil. Wow, bring it on, I need something to talk about. I think the big thing, never mind just flying the ship, flying the show week tweek, The big thing is Lauren's power base and his ability to call a listers in Like is Paul McCartney answering the phone for Tina Fey or Seth Myers or Colin Jost or candidate four. I don't know, but you don't get that without doing the job for several years, so it's kind of catch twenty two. I think Lauren should have gotten out after SNL fifty could have taken that victory lap nice even number to get out on Big Celebration Mike Season fifty one. Someone Else's problem, We'll see. Sarah Sherman was on Mike Berbigley's podcast for Biggs asked Sarah who she's most jealous of. Sarah said, I'm jealous of a couple of people. I'm jealous of Ashley Padiam, a coworker and friend. She calls Ashley SNL's breakout star. I've seen a few people say that I'm not seeing that yet as a guy sitting on the couch. But okay, Sarah said, she just writes the perfect sketches. She's amazing. Are you playing Comedy Survivor with us? What you do is you go to the Facebook group, which is Daily Comedy News podcast group. You will find an image of me extinguishing Amy Schumer's church. Amy Schumer was voted out in week one. It is now week two. Voting is open until end of day Thursday. Still in the game. Adam Sandler, Jay Leno, Joe Cooy, Jim Gaffig, and Nikki Glazer, Seth Meyers, Kevin Hart, John Mulaney, Oskoed Koatska, Sebastian Manascalco, Tig Nataro, Sarah Silverman, Leslie Jones, Ron White, and Bert Kraser. You go to the Facebook group, you find the picture. There's a conversation thread there. You vote one person off. There's already a vote for Bert, there's already a vote for Sandler. If you got a chance to listen to the Good One podcast last week with Chris Gethard of Vulture has Paul most of the quotes. If you just want to read it, I encourage you to listen to it. I thought it was it's going to be one of the best podcasts of the year. And I know it's early, but this will be there at the end. Gethart said, the game comedy is feeling progressively more rigged. Now. Comedy is being backed into a corner that's not good for artists. We're being tricked into feeding a system that's going to do what Spotify did to musicians. Your biggest thing ever, disposable TikTok doesn't matter. If you've got five million views next week, they won't remember it. You can be on some of the biggest platforms in the world and not make money. You can get a special on Netflix, but all the production costs come out of your end. Comic may have worked on that special for five to ten years, and very often they're not even making two months of rent and expenses from it. Gethard said, they're starting to become a dialogue and comedy of or we participating a thing that's not even working. I've had a couple of clips bust out. You don't see ticket sales from those. Yeah, that's I've been loud about this in the podcasting industry. Everybody's like YouTube, YouTube, YouTube, and I get it, and Discovery and the algorithm and all that, but the other day that none of that pays the mortgage. You know what pays the mortgage doing an audio podcast in your basement and running those commercials and making football picks and getting paid to make football picks. So that's what pays, you know. The YouTube stuff, Yeah, all right, Discovery, that's nice, but the money's not there. And TikTok clips, the money's not there. Gethard said, I've started to hear this from other artists too. People who want to consume comedy in forty five to ninety seconds at a time on their phone don't want to go out and sit through a thing for an hour. He went on to say, in so many ways envious of the options at the hands of young creators. You don't have to wait for gatekeepers. You don't have to audition for a house team at UCB, or wait for a call from jfl or the Aspen Comedy Festival. Book at Ariel Elias, good joke writer, charming persona. How does the world know her? Because I'm maniac through an effing full beer at her head. That's why we know an artist. That's a great point, that is why we know her. I highly encourage you to seek out that podcast episode, The Good One Podcast. Great job there, folks. Nick Kroll is getting a new Netflix comedy series. It's called eight hundred Percent. He's joined by cast members I Am Richardson, Jason Manzukis, and Vanessa Bayer. They all play podcasters. That's gonna be really good. Gabriel Iglecias just back from the Red Comedy Festival. He's aimed to deal with Comedy Dynamics for the distribution of some of his most iconic specials. Now, I don't understand what is happening here. Under the deal, Comedy Dynamics will distribute original and animated versions of Gabriel Iglesias Hot and Fluffy I'm not Fat, I'm Fluffy and Aloha Fluffy two various platforms. So those are re releases, but animated versions, Like, so what are we doing? And tig Nataro did this already, she had us a special called drawn, I believe. So maybe he didn't shoot some of those as video and they're gonna animate it. I don't know, I'm confused. Gabe dropped by Jay Leno's garage. So here you have Jay Leno, the worst person who ever lived, and Gabe just back from the Reod Comedy Festival, and they teamed up. Gabe was showing off his iraq Z. As the story goes about this iraq Z, it was originally sold by dealership in Ohio and purchased from a collector last year, then bought by Gabriel Iglesias. Apparently it's a very low mileage iroxy, like four hundred miles or so. So if you want to check that out, Jay Leno's garage, and that is your comedy news for today. All right, I'll see tomorrow