Speaker 1: Welcome to the Minnesota. Goodbye, fifteen to twenty minutes of free wheeling, free wheeling and fun. Ooh, anything you want to bring up in particular.
Speaker 2: I went to go see Cabaret last night.
Speaker 3: If you listen to this and you would live in Minnesota, go see Cabaret at the guth three. It was so so good and I went with my friend Tim, and Tim listens to the show. I don't know if Tim listens to Minnesotadbye, but if he does, Hi, Tim, that's it, okay.
Speaker 1: Very nice, Okay. And Tim is not a romantic inte where he's an old guy that you are friends with.
Speaker 3: Yes, he followed me when I first started subbing, and we would just chat about theater. And now in the last few months we've gone to see two shows together. He's just like my theater friend who listens to the radio. What's weird? And I know that you probably feel this way about a lot of people too, is that they know you but you don't know them me personally?
Speaker 1: Yeah right right right, yeah yeah, yeah, So.
Speaker 3: Like Tim knows me, but I don't necessarily know Tim. Okay, So I'm trying to like get to know Tim. But I've only seen him in person twice.
Speaker 1: That's very nice that you are, because he's like an older guy and he's like, you know, facing some chatallenges in life, and he's trying to go out and do a lot of fun things.
Speaker 3: Indeed, he has a bucket list, and one of them was to go to the Guthrie and I got to go with him.
Speaker 2: We had Hella good seats. We were in row five, like.
Speaker 1: This, wow row. Yeah, I'll just swing that.
Speaker 3: He knows somebody theater and yeah, they gave us their seats, so we had some really dope seats.
Speaker 2: You could see the sweat coming off of people's faces.
Speaker 1: Very nice. That's cool. Let's dig into the emails, which is mostly what we do on the Minnesota Goodbye. Let's do one from Amanda. She says, just a cute little comment for the Minnesota Goodbye. On June twenty fourth, I am a vet tech and my dogs come to work with me every day, and we listened to the Minnesota Goodbye on our drive home. Dave did an impression of his dog Bernie barking, and both of my dogs did the classic head tilt, ears up whining. I thought it was cute as a prompt, maybe each of you should do your best dog impression. I feel Bailey would hit the mark for this one, and see who's got the best one. Well, Jenny is out today, Vaunt is busily working in the other studio. So it's just gonna be me and you. So let's do you go ahead and go first.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm gonna be like a yippie dog, so.
Speaker 1: Like, that's pretty good. I will do a bigger like a I don't know, a sheep dog is kind of a husky does Oh my god, that was the worst. If you got them howling, they howl keep going and keep going. So my dad would try and rile him up, and my mom would be so pissed. When I was a kid, we used to have a little poodle. His name was cream Puff, and he was like a farm dog, but he was a poodle, so he was shaggy, and he was kind of dirty, and he was covered with you know, whatever muddy rolled in. But he was a poodle and I used to get a kick out of making him howl. I'd be like and he would howl along, and it was like the cutest thing. All right, Thank you, Amanda. That was a lot of fun. Next email is from Ashley. I wanted to say I love listening to you guys. Like others before me, You've really been one of the best crew in my many years of listening. I've listened in the morning show since the mid two thousands. I've been a faithful listener to the Minnesota Goodbye since its debut. You guys rock. I can't tell you how much I appreciate that, Ashley, because that is very sweet. And I really like this crew too. I was talking to Rich yesterday. I said, I think this crew. I don't call this a crew, but I think this crew, the four of us have really gelled. And it may have taken a while, but I think that we just really kind of gel. And I like everybody on the show, and nobody on the show is a pain in the ass. And let me tell you, I've had people on this show who before and I'm never gonna name names that were a genuine pain in the ass and they were disruptive in their own way, and I'll bet you're really curious who they were. And we always had a good show. And sometimes even the people who are pain in the ass can do a really good show. They're just a pain in the ass? Yeah, am I a pain in the ass?
Speaker 3: Well, you know, if you know what they say, if you don't think anyone else is a pain in the ass, it means you are the pain in the ass.
Speaker 1: You know is what No, no, no, they say. If you think every if you ever everybody else.
Speaker 3: He's a pain in the ass, you are THEO.
Speaker 1: So you're saying I'm a pain in the ass. I was hoping you'd be like, no, You're delightful and charming, and.
Speaker 2: I don't think you're a pain in the ass or pain and the grunion I don't know.
Speaker 1: Another listener same email was wondering where to get the best season sour cream. I recommend the Tavern Grill. They have several locations in the Metro area. Okay, cool, Dave. I know a lot of people give you advice about Bernie. I want to throw out another tidpit, start feeding meals, to associate his kennel with good things. Well, the problem we're having is we do not trust him all night to wander around the house. We just don't know him or trust him. We do leave him alone here and there, like when I leave in the morning, I let him out of his kennel, and I give him a little tree and I scratch him, and I let him outside the pee and what do his thing? But I but then I leave him out because Susan wakes up an hour later, so he's only out for an hour or so. Yeah, so we put him in the kennel last night. Immediately he barks in twos for about fifteen minutes. And we we really don't know what to do, but they say, but Ashley says, put him in there with food. You might even try shutting the door, walking away and let him eat by himself, depending on how comfortable he is from the start. You can also introduce him to the kennel during the day for short amounts of time while you do things around the house shower, et cetera. Give him a treat every now and then to a word good behavior. If you read this, I would love a sticker. My address is below. Dart Lick, dart lick from Ashley.
Speaker 2: You gave him a treat at night when you put him in the kennel, don't you.
Speaker 1: I do. Yeah. I give him a little sedative, kind of a calming little treat, and then I give him another treat.
Speaker 2: I'm a sedative.
Speaker 1: Sedative is probably the wrong word for it.
Speaker 2: You give him a horse tranquilizer before I put him in Taya.
Speaker 1: But he's getting better, but he is still he gets in a little bit because he loves us so much. He will literally follow me around the house, which is just the cutest thing. I am absolutely his person. And if I get up and walk into the office, he'll walk into the office with me, and he'll sit there for a minute and I can't scratch him constantly because I got work to do. Then he'll just lay down by my feet until I'm ready to go. But he last night, I thought, okay, he's been with his for about two weeks now, two weeks today. So I take him out in the front yard and I'm kind of like playing with him. Yeah, and I'm kind of like I throw his ball. He's a little tennis ball, so I throw it back and forth, and I'm between the house and the streets, so I'm thinking I can block him if he tries to run. No, that motherfucker ran ran like a gallop like a horse down the street. No, doesn't know what a street is. Ran out in the middle of the street, runs away, will not come back. To me. Two houses down. I start to lose sight of him, and I'm like, oh my god, I'm going to have to go back to the house, get Susan, get the car. I'm gonna lose him. And I would have lost him except he had to poop. So he stops to poop, Oh, thank god, in the neighbor's house yard two doors down. And so I caught him by the collar and he would not let me drag him by the collar, and I didn't want to drag him. So I picked the boy up, yeah, forty pounds of him, and carried him back to the house.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Then I went and got the poop bags and cleaned up from the neighbor's yard.
Speaker 2: So wow, that's terrifying.
Speaker 3: Why did I feel like that's you should have led with that?
Speaker 2: That my dog got out and ran down the road.
Speaker 1: Well he did. And it's the second time he did that, and the first time I you know, he did it the first night night number one, he ran away three or four houses down. So I got down on my knees and I like burnie burning, and he came right to me this time, did not He thought we were playing, so he would run away he doesn't know boundaries, yards, he doesn't know, but it was a little terrifying.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: And so there you go. Oh Ashley, I'm going to send you a secretary breeze going to take care of you for a staff rider sticker. Dave, this morning's from Michael. You made a reference to smoking crack and compared that to the person who had their feet on the dash something that feels good but is dangerous. So in other words, we had a big conversation. Woman wrote in or called in yesterday about how she was saying, when you go on a road trip or anywhere you're driving, do not put your feet on the dashboard if you're the passenger. She did, her husband rear into a pickup truck. The airbags pop and it pulled her hip joints out of her pelvis socket. Yeah, pulled them right out, showed us the X ray, and broke her femur, the thickest bone in your body. Broke it in two many surgeries and she's still recovering. So she said, don't do it. And I said, it's one of those things that it feels really good when you do it, but the consequences are dire. Like smoking crack. I'm sure it feels really good. Yeah, but I don't want to be a crackhead.
Speaker 2: And have you smoked before day?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: I never No, I've never smoked cracked. No, not not cracked. Anyway, you sound like Dave. You sound like I had a lot of fun during your younger years. Did you experiment when put drugs or drinking during that time? You got a baby mama named Cricket, So I figured you dabbled in some wild stuff. That is a funny. That's a funny email. That's a good one. Uh No. The only drug that I ever did was weed. I hated it. It always made me paranoid. I never liked weed. And one time at a big station party, we were all at the morning guy's apartment and we all got in the hot tub, including the hot thirty year old woman general manager. It was her going away party and in you know, in business. She was very buttoned up, very serious, but very beautiful. There she is topless in the morning man's jacuzzie. I had a naked saleswoman on my lap who wanted to make out, but I was like, I thought she was kidding. And that night the morning guy took me to his bathroom and I did one line of cocaine. Oh my god, David, did you never know that? No, And I don't remember whether I it had no effect on me. Yeah, I don't know, because i'd been drinking or what. But that was the only time I've never felt the desire to do any drugs.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: I figure life is already challenging enough without drugging your mind. Yeah, so why make it more challenging.
Speaker 3: And I even hate drinking like beers before going to see a show because I think, well then I won't remember it as well or I will get to enjoy it as much.
Speaker 2: But I can't believe you, okay, that one time.
Speaker 1: Well it was only one time. Here's one from Jesh. She's talking about Bunker Beach. I was listening to the Minnesota Goodbye and you were talking about Bunker Beach. Sadly, most every day they've been hitting capacity early in the day and they can't let more people in. If you want to go at all in the day, you have to show up super early. And I do think Egan has a water park as well. I think Bunker Beach came up because it just did. I think we said something like, well, if you want to advertise, maybe you're Bunker Beach. You want more people in there. Mm, well, if you your business is at capacity, you don't want to advertise anymore. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that place is hopping and happening.
Speaker 1: U Joe from Turlock says, I'm back in Turlock. Had amazing trip to Minnesota. I won't bory with the details, but Amanda did love the cherry and the spoon and called it the Prima Ballerina of Minnesota. But I didn't get a chance that our neighbors and friends from California, they literally lived fifty feet away. They were in Minnesota during the same time for work stuff. What are the odds? So we definitely took him in Matt's Bar and got ourselves a second Juicy Lucy and he spelled juicy correctly. Wow, there's no eye in juicy.
Speaker 2: Not in that one.
Speaker 1: Uh. And we had breakfast at the Good Day Cafe Bad Day Bar. Yes, that's right across the street.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's really close. Yeah, I've never been there. I wonder if it's good.
Speaker 1: I went there once in the line was it was like a Sunday morning. The wait was so long that we said no over mind. Yeah, have you had an experience where you ran into somebody you knew an unexpected place? Joe from Turlock, California. Yes, I mean I was walking through Excelsior and I was walking by Lagos Tacos. I look in the window and there's my ex fiance having lunch with a friend, and I'd like waved and she waved, and it was like, kind of weird. We're on very good terms. But I think the weirdest was I was and I didn't know them, but was taking the tour of Omaha Beach and Normandy in France where they did the invasions during World War Two. And I'm on the tour bus and we'd taken a tour from Paris. We drove and it took a couple of hours to get there, and a couple turns around is like, are you Dave Ryan from KTWB. And I'm like here, I am in Normandy, France. And I didn't know them, but I think everybody does once in a while. It's just a giant coincidence that you will. I was at Treasure Island a few years ago on New Year's Eve. Treasure Island on New Year's Eve, expect to see anybody, you know, Yeah, and all of a sudden, boom, there is a very good friend of mine. So it's just you know, what about you?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was once in Universal Studios in Florida in line for the Harry Potter ride, and like four people behind me was my Spanish teacher from high school, and that was kind of I feel like that was the one singular time where I saw somebody that I can remember that. I was like, how on earth of all the places, I mean, it's not as cool as normandy, but like we could have been in the same park at the same time, but we happen to be in the same park at the same time, in the same line, five people away from each other, Me and my former Spanish teacher.
Speaker 1: So it's just it's just weird. I mean, I guess, you know, if you it's it's a big coincidence, but it just happens. I think if you live long enough, you're gonna rento these weird coincidences. Yeah, so all right, don't say a name and listen for a while. Heard Dave and Bailey talk about people from their past that they really cared about them. So I took that as a reason to event here too. I had a really good friend and roommate I've known for years. We had a lot of heart to heart, deep conversations. I also had a boyfriend that I dated for several years, one that even told my mom that he was the I told my mom he was the one. Well, one day she moved out spontaneously, zero heads up, and he broke up with me, only to find out they are now together best friend and soulmate. Wow, dumper move in together.
Speaker 2: That's awful.
Speaker 1: I've tried reaching out to both people, asking for clarity or to catch up or anything. I've received crickets. It's been over a year now and I haven't spoken to either since. That is heartbreaking, awful.
Speaker 2: That sounds like a movie. That doesn't sound real.
Speaker 1: Wow, it does. It's been one of the hardest things to go through, but life moves on. Sometimes I wonder if it's something I did or something I said to not even want me in their lives anymore. You guys are amazing. I listened daily. I hope everyone has a fantastic day. That is. I don't think that you did anything. I think that they probably were just drawn to each other, probably one night they started hooking up. Yeah, and I'm going to guess that it won't work out with them, And I think the reason is because they were probably lustily physically attracted to each other and thought that was a relationship where you really had a deep relationship with both of them. Yeah, and I'll bet they both probably regret it, and I'm gonna guess it won't last.
Speaker 2: Well, hopefully because that it'll feel like justice in that sense. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I still think about the people who have like dumped me, and I think the most powerful one to me was the one who I helped and let live in my house in Colorado for a month and then she like totally dumped me because she thought that I was spying on her with the security camera. Yeah, and of course I promise on my kids, I don't, I would never do that, and the security camera didn't work. I don't. I don't. It's hanging there in the living room. I don't know how to access it. It's fifteen years old. It's just it is. And it's got an index card taped over the lens because I put the index card there because when I have friends come by and stay there, I don't want them to think that I'm watching them.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So and so the next day she left and I have not heard from her since.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's sad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was just it was and I was I really loved this person. And I've reached out a couple of times since then and said, hey, some time has passed. It's been a few years, you know, I hope you're doing okay. Nothing. And I sent it to her email because I'm gonna get she probably changed her phone number or blocked me or whatever. Yeah, but nobody changes their email, So I don't know. It's just it's hurtful. It's like you do something really nice for someone and then that's what you get. And i'd love to get I'd love to explain. I promise I wasn't spying.
Speaker 2: On you exactly. It's what did I do? I don't know what I did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you do. You wonder what in the world you did? I think I have one more one second, I gotta tap in the right place and nope, Oh, this is Stephanie, and she writes in she basically writes quiz questions about the Dave Ryan in the Morning Show. And so we've kind of saved these, but I'll give you some right now. Finish this phrase that Dave's dad used to say, as long as it's blank, I don't need it to be cold.
Speaker 2: As long as it's blank.
Speaker 1: He would refer to this when drinking water.
Speaker 2: As long as it's fresh.
Speaker 1: As long as it's wet, I don't need to be cold, which Dave Ryan Show member can write. A unicycle Jenny, I'm very good Bailey named her cat after whom Katie can out. What item does Jenny and Bailey always keep when they are gifted them?
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, she says.
Speaker 1: Cards.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, bah I do Birthday, Christmas car I do keep all cards.
Speaker 1: Yes, Bailey sent me a postcard yesterday, and I thought it was very sweet because you were at the Merry Go Round Museum in Sandusky, Sandusky, Ohio. It's interesting that you were in Sandusky, Ohio, home of the world's kick ass amusement park, Cedar Point. Yeah, yet you went to the Merry Go Round Museum.
Speaker 2: We did well.
Speaker 3: We went to Cedar Point a lot as kids, and then we just kind of like aged out of it.
Speaker 2: Like we're not necessarily roller coaster people.
Speaker 1: H yeah, I can see that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So the last time I went was probably in like twenty twenty one or something to Cedar Point and that was like the first time in like ten years. So my niece is only two and a half, so maybe in the next couple of years we'll go.
Speaker 2: Me and my sister were talking about it.
Speaker 3: We thought, even when my grandmother dies, because she's ninety four and we go to Ohio to visit her.
Speaker 2: So even when she is gone, we'll probably still try and make.
Speaker 3: It out to Ohio every every year or something, just to you know, relive memories.
Speaker 2: I got it, Yeah, okay, and then we'll go to Cedar Point again.
Speaker 1: I went to see her Point once when I lived in Columbus, Ohio, and it was awesome. And then I went with my friend Brentley about fifteen years ago. We were at because he lived in Toledo, So we drove to Sandusky, an hour or so away, and it was it was a day like this. It was kind of rainy, whatever, but we thought, well, it's going to be open whatever. There was no website, internet, social media to see whether they were open, so we just drove and took our chances. We walked in and yes, you could pay for your admission into the park, but most of the big rides.
Speaker 2: Were closed, dang it because it was wet.
Speaker 1: Because it was wet and there was a risk of lightning or whatever, so we said no thanks, and that was the main purpose of our trip to Ohio.
Speaker 2: What a bomber.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it really kind of was.
Speaker 2: It is fun.
Speaker 1: I'll give you a couple of more because these are pretty funny. What was the amount of the check that was written to the Hawk to a girl and posted on social media because we offered her a job at Katie WB and we wrote a check. How much was it four?
Speaker 2: Wasn't it like fifmackers?
Speaker 1: Smackers? Yes?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: What did Dave do to bribe Allison to get her to go on the log ride at Camp Snoopy? What did I buy her? Oh?
Speaker 2: She was little and she like had a fit. Oh my gosh, I don't remember.
Speaker 1: Candy Nicholas.
Speaker 3: Candy Nicholas, Yes exactly, yes, yes, yes, yes, see.
Speaker 1: I need And let's see what holiday was Jenny celebrating when she cut her foot so badly she needed to go to the hospital.
Speaker 2: Fourth of July?
Speaker 1: Yes, that is correct. Yeah, what are you doing for the fourth of July?
Speaker 3: I don't know, Okay, I was gonna try and go on like a weekend trip. Because it's the fourth of July is on a Friday, we get the day off. So I thought, Okay, I'm going to go out to Chicago. I know a handful of people in Chicago, Like most of those people will not be there, So now I'm not going to go to Chicago. Oh, but I still want to do something. I truly have zero things written in my planner for next weekend, which is so very unlike me.
Speaker 2: But I'll probably just do jack shit nothing. What are you doing?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, we love the Fourth of July, and Chan hasn't puts on just a great Fourth of July thing in City Center Park. They bring in a carnival, so there's rides and booths to throw a ball at the clown, and there's all kinds of different food, everything from your hot dog to your Vietnamese egg rolls to the big thing that kind of looks like hot dish but it's spanning. It's just great. There's a big beer garden and they have bands and it's just so fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then on I think July fourth morning, I'm calling Bingo. I think that starts at eleven o'clock nice and that's a lot. And then there's the parade.
Speaker 2: A parade, yeah, and who does a love a parade?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's funny. The only thing I don't like in parades are politicians because it's like, you know what, politics are so dicey.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: It used to be like, if anybody from either party came by and they're sitting on the back deck of a convertible Mustang, you'd be like, Okay, wave Adam and they're gonna throw candy whatever. That's cool. Yeah, but now there's just so much division that there's like silence. Sometimes you get like silence when they drive by.
Speaker 2: I'm just so much handy thrown out. That's all I want.
Speaker 1: That's going to wrap it up for the Minnesota Goodbye. Send in your emails. We'd love to read your email in the next Minnesota Goodbye. The address is, as always, Ryan Show at KDWB dot com.