Speaker 1: You're listening to Tim Conway Junior on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: It is The Conway Show.
Speaker 3: And Mark Thompson states with us, and Moe Kelly joins, it's nice to see you, buddy, brother.
Speaker 2: Yeah, look at you.
Speaker 3: You're really into politics. So is Mark Thompson. Me not so much, but they have me here any What the hell?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 3: Don Corbin Carson is with us. He's checking out congressional races in Orange County and I we got the latest. Uh, Corbin Carson, you're on KFI.
Speaker 2: How you bob that?
Speaker 5: You know, Republicans and Democrats both have about two hundred seats that are safe this election. As far as what as who will control Congress, and Republicans hold about two twenty.
Speaker 2: They have the they have.
Speaker 5: The majority, and then to twelve to the Democrats. There are two key congressional races in southern California that could decide which party controls the House. I talked to all four of the candidates. We'll hear about them tonight. The first is the forty fifth district, which includes so Rito's Buena par Garden Grove, that sort of area. That seat is currently held by Congresswoman Michelle Steele. She's in a tight race with Democrat Derek Tran. I'm at the Derek Tran watch party. I caught up with him this week. He said, not a whole lot is kicking starting here at the watch party. But I caught up with him about the importance of what this race means to Democrats.
Speaker 6: This is the closest rage race in the country. Every single poll has us neck and neck. Republicans control the House by just four seats, so it's not just about electing me, but it's the difference between a Republican Congress and a Democratic Congress, a speaker Johnson or a speaker Jeffries another January sixth or protecting our democracy.
Speaker 5: And as you can imagine, Congresswoman Steel is saying the same thing. I asked her that and she says, Republicans have to win this.
Speaker 7: We have a very unique perspective nationally because we understand that what it's likely in a state with high taxes, person in contact thirteen point three percent and spend policies, and how that's failing, how funny families and our families are really suffering with a high inflation rate and gas prices. And I think that's the reason that we are working really hard to get re elected.
Speaker 2: Now, guys.
Speaker 5: The other close seat is the forty seventh district that includes Newport Beach Lake Forest further south Orange County, Irvine. That seat is vacated by Democratic Congresswoman Katie Porter and is now in a tight heat between former Republican Assemblyman Scott Baw and Democratic Senator State Dave Men. Here's a ball on how important this seat this district is for Republicans. We have a nope, that's Steel trying to get trying to steal some more airtime.
Speaker 2: Here's ba.
Speaker 8: Jerrymandering throughout the entire country has left only about twenty seats that are up for grabs. The rest of the seats are relatively safe, either Republican or Democrat. And this is one of four open seats in the entire country where there's no incumbent running for reelection in a purple district that is winnable. As you know, I ran last time and got really close. I was standing being outspent nine to one. This time, I'm still being outspent, but it's closer to three to one, so it's more of a fair fight. But it's an important seat for our party because we want to make sure that we maintain control of Congress and see if we can grow it a little bit.
Speaker 3: And now you're going to be all night, you're going to be at these races. Let me put you on hold real quick. We have some numbers to give out here. We just had some states closed here. Then we'll get back to Corbyn Carson here. But right now Trump is at one thirty seven, Harris is at ninety nine.
Speaker 2: The popular vote.
Speaker 3: Is very very close, fifty two percent for Trump, forty six point two percent for Harris, but California is not has not been counted yet or closed yet. That's fifty four electoral votes. New York is twenty eight. So you can always add eighty two to her total. And if you do that, she is currently at one p eighty one. Donald Trump one thirty seven and real quickly the big stage Florida called for Donald Trump. Georgia fifty two percent for Donald Trump. Right now, Kamala Harris fifty two percent in Michigan. She's up fifty two percent in Michigan. Donald Trump in North Carolina is up. And in Pennsylvania, Kamala Harris has with eighteen percent reporting, sixty percent of the vote for Kamala Harris.
Speaker 2: That is huge.
Speaker 3: I know it's early, but still that is a big number. Moe Kelly joins us MO. You've been following these numbers all night.
Speaker 2: What do you see? What do you feel? What do you what do you? What do you know? This is like the appetiser before the meal.
Speaker 9: I always say, if you follow sports, here's a good sports analogy. A series doesn't turn until someone wins on someone else's home court, you know, wins an away game.
Speaker 2: At this point, it's been chalk.
Speaker 9: The states that have been one have by large been expected to be won by the Harris or Trump. When we get a state Georgia, you could say possibly was a toss up, but I didn't think it really was. When we get a state that is supposed to go one way and goes the other way, then it will probably tell us our eventual winner. From what I see, Harris has to win North Carolina. That's the one that I'm looking at, which is probably going to be a decider.
Speaker 2: Right North Carolina.
Speaker 3: Right now, with forty percent reporting and sixteen electoral votes, Donald Trump with fifty one almost fifty two percent, Kamala Harris with forty seven percent. I think another big state I think we all agree is Pennsylvania. I think whoever wins Pennsylvania, But we won't find that one out tonight. No, And right now, Kamala Harris is up by nearly two hundred thousand votes, sixty percent to thirty eight percent. And that's a that's a big deal, even though there's a just you know, eighteen percent reporting.
Speaker 2: That's a big deal.
Speaker 3: If you look at the three states that the Kamal Harris and or Donald Trump really are focused on. Wisconsin nothing reported, Michigan ten percent reporting, Kamala Harris up by forty thousand votes, and then, as we said, Pennsylvania, where she's up by two hundred and fifty thousand votes. So it'll be interesting to see what happens as these states as we move west and they close and we get these bigger numbers. But so far, the only real surprise is how many votes Donald Trump won by in Florida. And it's amazing that Florida, the big, huge state of Florida, has already counted ninety three percent of their votes.
Speaker 9: Well that goes back to two thousand and Mark, I know you know about this with two thousands.
Speaker 2: Because of what happened in Florida with Bush v.
Speaker 9: Gore, they chase the law so they could count all their mail mail in and early balloting in advance. So that's why I get the returns from Florida almost immediately when the polls closed.
Speaker 4: Why doesn't every state do that well? I mean, why does he state? Why doesn't every state do a lot of things? I mean, all the states are so individual, that's the idea. I mean, that's one reason why the election can't really be hacked, because you have fifty different versions of vote, you know, right. I'm just gonna ask you because Tim and I were talking before about Florida and the fact that it's gone for Trump and it just seemed to have gone to the right. I mean, did you expect that, mo as you you know, as you saw the Florida returns. Just seeing that state has now moved even further right, it.
Speaker 9: Doesn't surprise me at all because Democrats have won a statewide election, I think since Obama.
Speaker 2: Closest one.
Speaker 9: I think they had a senator in I think the mid twenty and tens who won a statewide election. But it hasn't gone the Democrats way in any recent history. So as far as I'm concerned, this is more confirmation that it's moving more right, I'm less surprised by that than anything else.
Speaker 3: Well with almost with well over, I'm sorry, just over ten million votes counted already. Donald Trump has nearly six million votes, fifty six point two percent to forty two point nine percent, so a big difference in Florida.
Speaker 2: All right, Texas will give you Texas.
Speaker 3: Numbers as soon as we get him, and then in the next hour or two, actually by eight o'clock, you're gonna see Washington, Oregon, Nevada, Idaho, Montana, Utah, Arizona, and then later on Alaska and Hawaii. And we will be here all night long. Mo Kelly promised to go to four five o'clock in the morning. If he has to get us these numbers, I'll be here ding dong with you.
Speaker 2: It's Conway Show. Mark Thompson's here.
Speaker 3: Mo Kelly's with us all the numbers tonight right here on KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Tim Conway Junior on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 3: Conway Show Mark Thompson's here Since Tuesday, mo Kelly joins US as well as we look at all the numbers, Mo Kelly, during the commercial break, you said, yeah, your eye on two states. One of them I think was Ohio. On the other one was North Carolina, North Carolina and Ohio.
Speaker 9: In the past ten minutes or so, Donald Trump has opened up his lead in Ohio, and I was talking to Mark Thompson saying that I use this as an overlay of the twenty twenty map. So if Harris were to lose a state that Biden won in twenty twenty, presumably she has to replace that state with some other state. So we know that Biden won Georgia in twenty twenty. It looks like Trump is going to win Georgia in twenty twenty four. So for Harris to have any chance, she's going to need to replace that state or those sixteen electoral College votes, which would be North Carolina presumably.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, and we still have you know, California, Oregon, and Washington, which are always going heavily towards Democrats. They have not closed and we have no numbers coming in from anybody.
Speaker 4: But because you mentioned the West him, Mo, what do you think might if Harris could carry a bit of the West.
Speaker 9: Might that make up the gap that she mathematically as possible, And that's why it goes down to Pennsylvania. But her her pathway, as they say, narrows considerably if she were to lose a Nevada or Arizona. We know Biden carried Arizona in twenty twenty, so Harris would have to find some other state. If she were to lose Arizona in twenty twenty four, it gets more and more difficult.
Speaker 2: In other words, every.
Speaker 9: State that Donald Trump could presumably win that Biden won, she has to replace it. And after a certain point, you run out of places where you can find those states. Now, there was a possibility, there was some belief that there might be a surprise in Iowa. I don't personally believe that, but that's been put out there. And Nevada is going to loom large as well. But as it gets later in the night, we'll see how large Pennsylvania is going to be.
Speaker 2: But it looks like it's going to be huge. Well.
Speaker 3: In Iowa, nine percent reporting and Kambala hairs as an eighteen point lead fifty eight percent to forty percent, with a thirty thousand vote lead.
Speaker 2: But that's it's extremely so early.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Wisconsin with four percent reporting, very lower number Donald Trump up fifty seven to forty percent, but still that you have no idea where the number came from or but here's something. And again I'm not a Northeast guy when it comes to elections. His Maine always been Democrat or his main flip back and forth.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 9: Well, it has been split the It's kind of funky what they do in Maine. But I think it trends more progressive than Republican.
Speaker 4: They used to say. There was a saying that back in the old days, as as goes Maine, so goes the nation. And then Maine started to get out of step with the nation and only Vermont and Maine vote, and then they change it to as goes Maine, so goes Vermont. Yeah, so I think it's not necessarily a Bell Weathers state.
Speaker 3: It is interesting, and Mark pointed this out during commercial break, how close this thing is. It's unbelievable, you know, but usually by you know, by six thirty seven o'clock in California, by you know, nine thirty ten o'clock on the East coast, you have some idea of the direction that's going in, and I have no idea.
Speaker 4: Now you get a hint somewhere. That's why I listened to with interest as to Mo looking at the tea leaves this early, because I feel as though he makes a good argument for the things we should be focusing on, and the polls have closed in states where we can focus and get maybe some hint.
Speaker 9: Well, here's something else. I think people should caution themselves with these early totals. Usually they are going to come from the smaller counties, and those are probably not as densely populated. If you talk about a state like a Wisconsin, we talk about a state like a Georgia. In other words, the urban centers are going to come later the evening because there are more votes to be tabulated.
Speaker 2: So if you're talking about.
Speaker 9: What are the larger counties in Georgia, you may not see that for another hour or so, and you'll see it may have a wide swing, and that throws a lot of people off. They think, wait a minute, Trumble's up fifteen points, and now he's only up four points.
Speaker 3: That's usually why, Well, you know, Pennsylvania's reporting twenty three percent. They've counted twenty three percent of the vote. Whi's not a small number, it's a quarter of all the votes. And Kambala Harris is up by sixteen percentage points, nine hundred and thirty five thousand to six hundred and eighty two thousand, up by nearly two hundred thousand, two hundred and forty thousand votes.
Speaker 2: That's a lot for Pennsylvania.
Speaker 4: Pennsylvania is such a weird state though, because it's really well, you're weird. How about that the cities tend to go Democrat, and of course that wide area of the rural Pennsylvania in between tends to go to public and that's how you end up in the deadlock that we're in.
Speaker 3: And I've noticed and again the a lot of these numbers are coming from Google. Google has their own you know, voting results, and you know, every network is calling it different. Fox has Trump at one ninety five Electoral College Harris at one thirteen. Google has one seventy seven for Trump, ninety nine for Harris, and CNN has one fifty four for Trump and fifty three for Harris. So CNN is playing it very very cautiously. Fox is playing it, you know, very very loosely. And I think Google is right down the middle here twenty twenty change.
Speaker 9: I guess the approach as far as calling these races, it's not about being first, it's about being accurate, right, And you don't want to call it and then have to take it back later on.
Speaker 2: Not in today's environment.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: That and and Fox with Arizona, even though they eventually got it, they ultimately got it right when they called Arizona so quickly. There's a lot of backlash on that, lots and lots of backlash. So here's where we stand right now. According to Google. Another it just gone up to one seventy eight. So Donald Trump one's seventy eight, leading in North Carolina, leading in Georgia, leading in Virginia with fifty three percent of the vote counted by a very slim margin in Virginia forty nine point six percent of forty eight point seven percent. There's only a difference of less than thirty thousand votes in Virginia, so we'll keep an eye on that. That's a really important state. Wisconsin again only seven percent reporting and Minnesota only one percent reporting, so not much there.
Speaker 2: But it was interesting. There was a vote.
Speaker 3: There was a poll that came out of Iowa that had Kamala Harris up by five, six or seven points from the Des Moines Register.
Speaker 2: Right, that was that single poll.
Speaker 9: I call it an outlier because all the other poles had shown Trump comfortably waiting I'll say four or five percentage points. But this one particular poll has been more accurate than the other polls in previous elections, and that's why some people have given it some credence. As far as it might pretend that Harris has a chance in Iowa, I'm not quite there yet, but I understand why there it's being said.
Speaker 3: So even though we're not going to find out, we most likely will not find out who's going to be the winter night. Do you think that both the Harris camp and the Trump camp will will have speeches at the end of the night.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they'll be vastly different.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 9: I expect Donald Trump to declare victory, let's be honest, and I expect Kamala Harris to say something along the lines that we're going to count every low counts. Yeah, and we're going to wait on every vote until we get fired. And let's not forget if there are close states, they some of them have mandatory recounts if it's within like three points or something like that. So there are things which have nothing to do with the candidates, have nothing to do with the votes per se. Just going back to what Mark was saying, you have fifty different actually more than fifty when you count Washington DC, all these different contests and how they count the votes and the processes for mail in ballots, and it's unrealistic to think that it would be settled tonight unless there is a large shift of states which go one candidate's way that we didn't see coming.
Speaker 3: All right, So we have Arizona closing at seven o'clock our time, Utah closing at seven o'clock, eight o'clock, Idaho, seven o'clock, Montana, and then you got the west coast Washington eight o'clock, Oregon eight o'clock, California eight pm, and then Alaska at ten pm our time, and Hawaii at nine pm our time. So lots more to cover a lot of local races. We'll come back and talk about the local races as well. But the one problem with talking about the local races, I mean, Corey Carson did a great job in Orange County about the congressional races, but you can't.
Speaker 2: We don't know anything until.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we don't want to talk eight or ee R pols are still open. That's right, that's right.
Speaker 3: We will keep an eye on the national numbers when we come back. Right now, CNN has Trump at one fifty four, Kamala Harris at fifty three. Fox has it one ninety five, one seventeen Trump, and then Google has it one seventy eight to ninety nine Harris. But they've not counted New York or California, which is eighty two eighty two electoral votes going towards Harris, and those haven't been calculated into the final number yet.
Speaker 2: So we will keep it going. We're live on KFI.
Speaker 3: It's Conway, Thompson and mo Kelly live here on KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Tim Conway Junior on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 3: What's KFI AM six forty. It's Conway Show. Mark Thompson's here, Mokelly's with us. We're going to talk to Michael Monks here in a second. But first, according to Google and their results here, Harris ninety nine with forty six point six percent of the popular vote. Donald Trump won seventy eight electoral college with fifty two point two percent of the vote, still very early. Georgia is leaning towards Donald Trump. So it was North Carolina and Virginia, but again very early. And Michael Monks is before you get to Michael Monks and you guys keeping an eye on something interesting here.
Speaker 2: I Moe Kelly, tell me something. I don't know.
Speaker 9: I don't know what you do or don't know, but I see that Fox News is called Colorado for VP Harris, and that was a state that I thought that was going to be a little bit more competitive than it was at this point. They called it interestingly enough, with only thirty five percent of the vote in and Harris was up nine percentage points. The only reason I say that it's because I always think about the neighboring states, whether you tah could be more in play, how competitive New Mexico is going to be, Arizona and so forth. So I was looking at Colorado as far as whether it's coined to portend anything else in that region.
Speaker 3: And Wyoming has just closed, no information coming out, zero percent reporting.
Speaker 2: Maybe nobody voted.
Speaker 9: That's possible, And it's weird because Fox called Wyoming for Donald Trump with zero percent reporting, So I don't know, that's crazy.
Speaker 3: South Dakota the three percent reporting, sixty nine percent for Trump. North Dakota nine percent reporting, and seventy four point five percent for Donald Trump.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean some of these, like the ones you just mentioned, are kind of academic. I mean, we just sure that they're going to go for Trump.
Speaker 2: Like California as well, is academic for the deaths.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, let's talk to on the presidential that's right.
Speaker 2: Michael Monks is with us.
Speaker 3: He's following some local issues and local races here. We got the sales tax increase Measure A in Los Angeles. Also Prop thirty six, the make crime illegal again, which is an interesting idea.
Speaker 2: Michael, what do you say? What do you know?
Speaker 10: Bob, Hey, good evening, guys. Enjoying listening to you. Take my mind off of the craziness that's going on. And yeah, let's focus a little bit on what's happening locally, because it's easy to get swept up and all the craziness nationally. But we cast ballots here at the local level as well, and some big, big ticket items are on the agenda here as well.
Speaker 2: And what do you think.
Speaker 3: I mean, obviously there are no results in yet, but when you were out there, I know you're out there all day, you get a feel that Proposition thirty six is as popular as it is locally here as it is state wide state wide. Is it seventy three percent voting for it?
Speaker 2: For sure?
Speaker 10: In fact, I had attended a few different organizational efforts to sway voters one way or the other in the weeks leading up to the election, and there really wasn't a lot of enthusiasm to vote against this proposition. So we are seeing overwhelming support for that. That's also indicated by the polls. Like you just said, it's expected if that is any indication that this will not just be approved by voters in California and even here in La County, but it will be approved overwhelmingly. And I think that speaks a lot to what we're experiencing here in California. It seems as though, with that, coupled with the District attorney's races, that there are folks here who are kind of tired of what they're seeing. It may not be reflected in statistics, right, but the vibes are off for folks when it comes to crime, and they're clearly wanting to see a change.
Speaker 3: And Michael again, Michael Monks is with us in the newsroom here, La measure A is that a city or is that.
Speaker 2: A count county? County, and this is what they're asking you to do.
Speaker 10: Now, We already in La County pay a quarter cent sales tax to support homeless efforts, and we have been doing that for some number of years. That, however, was set to expire in twenty twenty seven. It was approved by voters about seven years ago and it had an expiration date. The county is asking voters to not renew that. They want to double it and keep it in perpetuity, so it would be a half sent sales tax supporting homeless and related efforts across the county, and it would have no expiration date unless a ballot was put on by voters somewhere down the road.
Speaker 2: So they're going to double it and it's going to be on forever exactly.
Speaker 10: They expected to get about a billion dollars for their efforts against homelessness. There has been a lot of mail and support of this, a lot of large nonprofits in support of this, like the United Way who had their name on some of the mailers that were coming out, suggesting that if this thing isn't passed, a lot of homeless people who have been housed will be back on the streets. So the polling on this shows right at about fifty percent support according to the poll in the La Times, and folks who had committed to voting against it were only at about thirty four percent, with the remainder in that poll undecided. So probably good news for folks in support of it, but we'll see once all the all the boat votes are counted.
Speaker 3: So in this county of Los Angeles, we're looking at nearly an eleven percent sales tax on everything you buy.
Speaker 10: It's going to be hitting people right at the cash register, and so coupled with inflation and the general expensive cost of living in California anyway, this is just another piece to add on to that. On that CBS receipt just got longer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, it is amazing. You know when you buy something at home Depot or Low's or Walmart Target, and you know, you buy one hundred dollars worth of groceries and you know, back to school stuff, and then it comes out to one hundred and eleven dollars. It does irritate the hell out of a lot of people, It certainly does. And by the way, the AT tax is not the only thing that could get bigger in La County because of a voter's decisions. They are also asking for the government itself to be bigger with measure G. So right now, there are five county supervisors that govern the entirety of La County. They each represent about two million people. That's more than some governors across the country. And so what measured G would do, if approved, we'd have nine county supervisors and on top of that a county wide executive or an elected executive like a county mayor, and that would go into effect in twenty thirty two if that's a proved by voters. Now, the supporters at the county office, the county building, they say they're going to be able to do this without raising taxes, and to do it within the confines of the current budget.
Speaker 2: Though, does anyone believe that, well not the opponents of it, certainly.
Speaker 3: All right, but I appreciate you kind of chiming, and we'll talk again soon, I hope. So okay, all right, Michael Monks in the KFI newsroom.
Speaker 2: Has anything moved here?
Speaker 3: I know CNN is reporting one fifty four for Donald Trump, eighty one for Harris. Google has at one seventy eight for Trump and ninety nine for Harris. No, I know you keep an eye on Georgia, North Carolina, and Virginia anymore.
Speaker 9: And I want to go back to Colorado for this reason. And it's not good news for Harris supporters right now. They call the state for but she's only up like maybe ten percentage points, but she's running behind where Joe Biden was in twenty twenty by about seven points. And if that holds true, then that probably is not good news for Arizona if you're a hair supporter, And it just seems like nationally she's running behind where Joe Biden was, and twenty twenty was close enough as it was over those four states if you talk about Arizona, Georgia, Michigan, and Wisconsin. And so, if if everything were to hold true from twenty twenty to twenty twenty four, then Harris needs to perform at least as well as Joe Biden if she were to have any real chance of winning.
Speaker 2: Right now, she is running behind Joe Biden.
Speaker 3: Virginia is still very close with fifty eight percent reporting, North Carolina sixty three percent reporting, and Donald Trump's up by one hundred and sixty five thousand votes. But Georgia has just gone up to seventy seven percent reporting. And again that's the state that Joe Biden won in correct twenty three and Donald Trump is ahead by not only about two hundred thousand, little less than two hundred thousand votes at seventy seven percent report. So that might be a state that's called soon if they can, you know, get a better feel of what's going on there.
Speaker 4: And where does Harris get those votes in the state that Tim's talking about, which is Georgia. I mean you with the with the with the Fulton County vote already in, I don't know where.
Speaker 9: They're Fulton and the calp County to cab County are already in.
Speaker 2: So those are the major urban centers.
Speaker 9: So it's unlikely that she's going to be able to come from behind in any large degree in that state. If are less, I'm missing a large county.
Speaker 3: Well, I think you know, Savannah has grown over the last four years, and that's a fairly blue county. And so you know, all Atlanta and all the surrounding counties around Atlanta, Athens, Augusta, and Macomb, those are if those are all in, and it looks like they are the only ones that I'm seeing missing, then are ones that are We're all already in the last election read right right exactly, So that might be a state that is called soon. And as Moe had pointed out, if Kamala Harris loses that, she's got to replace that with another state with at least sixteen electoral votes, and she's going to have to find that state, whether it's Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin, or maybe Minnesota. But the Iowa was a was a real head scratcher, with a poll coming out late on Sunday with Kamala Harris up by six percentage points in a poll that has been very accurate in the past. And so with ten percent reporting in Iowa, Kamala Harris is up by thirty thousand votes fifty four percent to forty four percent. So up by ten percentage points in Iowa. That is remarkable. That's a state that everyone thought Donald Trump would just you know roll over and win it by you know, by this time.
Speaker 2: And it's and it's not even close. It's going the opposite.
Speaker 3: So we wait and we see we continue here on KFI mo Kelly, Conway Thompson.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Tim Conway Junior on debate from KFI AM six forty AFI.
Speaker 3: AM six forty Conway Show, Mark Thompson's heremo Kelly's here, and this is usually well in ten minutes to start at moll Kelly show. We're gonna stay till eight. Mo Kelly taken on after that and we will be here as long as numbers keep coming in. And so far, another state has just been called for Donald Trump.
Speaker 2: He's up to one eighty eight. They've just given him Wyoming, which is not unusual.
Speaker 3: New Mexico has nineteen percent reporting and literally a two thousand vote difference between Kamala Harris and Donald Trump. Mo Kelly, what do you keep an eye on? Are you you do more about? You do more with politics? I see you on on TV on Mark Thompson's show, and also on the cable what's the cable news station that you're on?
Speaker 2: Spectrum? Spectrum? Yes?
Speaker 9: How often you on Spectrum? Uh it ebbs and flows. But this week I'll be on like I don't know, twenty five times or something iculous.
Speaker 4: I didn't even bug him this week. You're so busy.
Speaker 9: I started off on Spectrum this morning and I'll be there tomorrow morning.
Speaker 3: So it's going to be a very very short not asleep for me. You know, Spectrum is my default. When I turn my TV on, the Spectrum news comes on immediately, and so that was kind of cool.
Speaker 2: All right, So what do you keep an eye in here?
Speaker 7: Do you?
Speaker 2: What do you? I know what Colorado was a big deal.
Speaker 9: Well, I'm looking at all these dates with respect to what happened in twenty twenty, and you mentioned New Mexico and Joe Biden won New Mexico by eleven percentage points. And if Kamala Harris doesn't only doesn't also win the state and win it by a sizable margin, it probably says that the states around it are in jeopardy for her, and she's not performing as well as Joe Biden. And it was stamped to reason that her electoral college total will be reflective of that.
Speaker 3: You know, Kansas, which you would think is a very bright red state, is very very close. Donald Trump is literally up by less than three percentage points. Exactly three percentage points three hundred and sixty one three and forty thousand. So he's up by twenty one thousand votes with fifty one percent reporting.
Speaker 4: But that just really may be the votes that they've counted to him, you know, because he's really expected to win that state, I think, based on all polling.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 3: But I'm just saying it's unusual that fifty one percent is already counted and that's not a sixty to thirty state by now, I mean, because I would if there's one state in the Union that you think of as bright red, it's Kansas.
Speaker 4: And you know, I know, I've got the counties around Topeka and Wichita, those are blue, okay, And so maybe they're counting those first. They're populous, right, so there are a lot of people there, But the rest of the state is you know, ruby red, right.
Speaker 3: And look, if you watch you know, I know you guys are both NFL fans when you watch, and I know this in you know, it's Kansas, Missouri, not Kansas City, Kansas. But when you watch a Kansas City Chiefs game, it's nineteen seventy eight. It's the tomahawk, it's the chant it's the chiefs. They've not gotten the message that the country has moved on from that.
Speaker 9: Well, Missouri is a red state, so it's not like it's going to be electorally all that different than Kansas the state, right.
Speaker 2: Right, All right, then we have local issues as well.
Speaker 3: Steve Gregory is out and he is going to be reporting at some point with the LA DA's race, and he'll have numbers. I imagine that as soon as you know, California, as soon as we reach eight o'clock in an hour and three minutes or so, almost exactly an hour and three minutes, they will have some indication of what's going on in Los Angeles and in the city of La the County of Los Angeles, and also the state of California. When it comes to the national numbers, we have got to take a small break. The latest though, CNM has it Conald Harris eighty one, Donald Trump won sixty two. Fox has it one seventeen to Harris, one ninety five for Donald Trump, and then Google has it ninety nine for Harris and one eighty eight for Donald Trump. You know, in the past we've got about thirty seconds here Mo and Mark. In the past, though I've noticed that almost all of these networks Fox, CNN, NBCABCCBS, New York Times, LA Times used to be within one or two electoral points from each other.
Speaker 2: Now they're wildly different.
Speaker 4: Well, you were saying something about that earlier.
Speaker 7: Mo.
Speaker 2: You just feel a hesitancy. Yeah, just don't want to get too far out in front of it.
Speaker 9: Used to be the polls would close and you'd have an instant projection, right, you just say, okay, the polls will close. Were project in New Jersey for Michael Decaucus or something like that.
Speaker 2: You don't see that anymore. Yeah, and it is.
Speaker 3: It's wild Also, how many people, I think, Mark, you're pointing this out, how many people in Florida. I mean, the difference between the vote in Florida six million to four point five or four four point six million votes, Donald Trump with a fourteen percent lead in Florida with ninety five percent of the vote.
Speaker 4: And we're talking about that before, and you were pointing out that, you know, COVID might have been a big component and changing the vote and changing the politics of Florida.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think John Colevel said that. But I'll take credit, all.
Speaker 9: Right, I've got to run but you're taking off.
Speaker 4: I'm listening.
Speaker 2: We're counting on you listening.
Speaker 4: On the way, I'm.
Speaker 2: Scrutinizing, all right, all right, all.
Speaker 3: Right, Conway, Mo, Kelly as well as well. I'll say for another hour, then mode takes over.
Speaker 2: See you doctor, if your election lasts more than four hours. K F I'm kost
Speaker 6: HD two, Los Angeles, Orange County Loves Everywhere on the a video